Marvell mvebu
Community maintained Marvell SoC based boards
165 topics in this forum
-
Hi - I ordered a 2gb Espressobin from Globalscale and later flashed flash-image-2g-2cs-1200_750.bin, which caused my Espressobin to hang at: TIM-1.0 WTMI-devel-18.07.0-6050fd5 WTMI: system early-init SVC REV: 5, CPU VDD voltage: 0.898V I am able to boot to SATA using the sata recovery image, but cannot flash back to the working flash-image-2g-2cs-1000_800.bin. Here is what happens when I boot to SATA and attempt to flash the old bin: Booting Trusted Firmware BL1: v1.2(release):armada-17.02.0:v0.2-1324-g1cd562c BL1: Built : 16:29:17, Apr 20 2NOTICE: BL2: v1.2(release):armada-17.02.0:v0.2-1324-g1cd562c NOTICE: BL2: Built : 16:29:17, Apr 20…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Greetings! Just flashed my 1000-800, 2 ram chips (for what I reckon, I could provide a picture) 1gb espressobin with the latest image : However, I've no rtc, it seems: I've seen some of these errors being present in the developement efforts thread, however, I don't see any solutions other than using the latest firmware, that as per my knowledge, I do... Thanks a lot in advance!
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.3k views
-
-
Maybe a long shot: rather than setting up armbian on my new ESPRESSObin (epb), installing needed SW and tools, porting configs off my Cubietruck (cbt), would it be possible to tweak the cbt's SDcard / FS to boot on the ESPRESSObin? If I'm not mistaken the cbtis armhf based and all those binaries should also run on the epb!? Would it be "good enough" to add the arm64 architecture to the CBT with "dpkg --add-architecture arm64" and then to install linux-u-boot-espressobin-next linux-image-next-mvebu64 linux-headers-next-mvebu64 linux-firmware-image-next-mvebu64 linux-dtb-next-mvebu64 linux-$(lsb_release -cs)-root-next-espressobi…
-
Hi, With a downloaded and installed Armbian Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS image things seem to work as expected: lan0 and lan1 act like they are ports on an ordinary ethernet switch. My LAN is connected to lan0 and a device (HDHomeRun) is connected to lan1. The device and the Espressobin are accessible from other computers on the LAN and the Espressobin can access everything on my LAN (and beyond). But, digging deeper, something isn't quite right. The DHCP server on my LAN has been configured to assign a fixed IP address to br0 and the DHCP client for br0 on the Espressobin should be activated by /etc/systemd/network/10-br0.network: ebin@espressobin:~$ c…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Howdy, Trying to disable NCQ via kernel option, i have set the following extraarg=libata.force=5:noncq and extraarg=pcie_aspm=off in /boot/armbianEnv.txt. Rebooted and I do not see the change applied via: root@espressobin:~# cat /proc/cmdline console=ttyMV0,115200 earlycon=ar3700_uart,0xd0012000 root=UUID=e5344a53-4325-4b08-b6f3-1bfe432789d1 rw rootwait Thanks, Tim
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 6.2k views
-
-
Hi, I am currently trying to install a secure /trusted U-Boot into the EspressoBin and got several questions for this issue. I followed this manual: https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/u-boot-marvell/blob/u-boot-2017.03-armada-17.10/doc/mvebu/trusted_boot.txt Regarding this manual the Flag for "efuse write BOOT_DEVICE SPINOR "has to be setup into NOR-Flash, so that the device will only boot from NOR anymore (which is a reason for security, I know). Can I skip this step, so that I do not damage the complete board? I would choose UART for testing my encrypted bootloader. I skipped the step "efuse write DEV_DEPLOY 1…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a few 2G boards bought from Globalscale over the last few months. They've been working fine without any issues. So far I've been using the firmware that came with the boards. One has: TIM-1.0 WTMI-armada-17.10.1-b90dbf0 ENTER init_ddrgen DDR_TOPOLOGY is 7 : DDR3, 2CS 1G + 1G WTMI_CLOCK=2 ... U-Boot 2017.03-armada-17.10.1-gaee49fc (Jan 29 2018 - 18:21:49 +0800) (and has the w25q32dw SPI) The other two have: TIM-1.0 WTMI-armada-17.10.5-bb8f823 WTMI: system early-init SVC REV: 5, CPU VDD voltage: 1.143V ... U-Boot 2017.03-armada-17.10.2-g14aeedc (Jun 01 2018 - 15:39:10 …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I goofed-up my espressobin install and need to recover and start over. Here is what happened (to my embarrassment): I recently obtained a 1GB espressobin from Amazon.com. I flashed the Armbian_5.59_Espressobin_Debian_stretch_next_4.18.6.img to a Sandisk Ultra and booted the board. The marvell>> prompt came up just fine, and I used the command bubt .flash-image-1g-1cs-800_800.bin spi usb to load the flash binary from my usb drive. But I did not know at the time that the correct flash to use was actually flash-image-1g-1cs-1000_800.bin. But my worse mistake was applying the script given on the instruction page, where it says: "Updated u-boot…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Since I don't have one unit yet and the information related to this board is scarce, I'd like to ask if someone who owns one could test what the power budget for the board is. In Marvell's github wiki there is the following mention: It would be really great if under load and with all the network ports connected to gigabit the board only took 1W@12V. I found a script in github that would help to reduce power usage: https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/main/wiki/Power-Saving-Script Thanks for you help. Depending on the results I may have a solution for one project where I need to use a dual-lan board with low…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 8.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi. I've ordererd a new bunch of espresso bins from globalscale. they have the same board revision as my old ones (V5_0_1 and 1G 2CS) - but now I get an error while trying to flash armbian uboot (mentioned in https://www.armbian.com/espressobin/) Marvell>> bubt espresso/flash-image-1g-2cs-800_800_boot_sd_and_usb.bin spi tftp Burning U-BOOT image "espresso/flash-image-1g-2cs-800_800_boot_sd_and_usb.bin" from "tftp" to "spi" Using neta@30000 device TFTP from server 192.168.5.5; our IP address is 192.168.5.10 Filename 'espresso/flash-image-1g-2cs-800_800_boot_sd_and_usb.bin'. Load address: 0x5000000 Lo…
-
Reputation Points
- 64 replies
- 35.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I updated my ClearfogPro today and noticed (that like in the last updates), updating the linux-u-boot-clearfogpro-next package fails, with the error "/dev/mmcblk2" doesn't exist". This happen obviously, because I don't have a SD Card installed, as I am using a M.2 SSD to boot and as root. Quick check inside the .deb file revealed the platform_install.sh which only tries writing the u-boot.mmc version to /dev/mmcblk2. For me this is not a big problem, I know how to get the correct u-boot into place (/usr/lib/linux-u-boot-next-clearfogpro_5.60_armhf/u-boot.sata) but new users might find it difficult. Would it be…
-
Hello everyone, I am trying to achieve first boot with a Clearfog Base with eMMC. It was not clear (at least to me) that the eMMC version does not allow booting from SD card *at all* But hey, let's get this baby up&running, can anybody please help me? I am trying to follow this procedure [https://www.armbian.com/clearfog-base/]: 1) Write the image to a USB flash drive -> easy enough, I did it with Win32DiskImager and a well-tested 64GB USB stick 2) Load the modified u-boot (from the Armbian image) using the UART method -> I have issues here. I suppose that UART method consists in plugging in the microU…
-
Reputation Points
- 16 replies
- 9.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Using the WiFi card: Compex WLE900VX Configured: /etc/network/interfaces: allow-hotplug wlp0s0 iface wlp0s0 inet dhcp wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf and wpa_supplicant.conf ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev update_config=1 country=US network={ ssid="****" scan_ssid=1 psk=''*****' } The networking.service tries to come up during boot before the WiFi and this causes problems so: $ systemctl disable networking the network comes up great on boot. I'm using a stretch 4.18.7 kernel compiled with re…
-
i have a problem to get the Interfaces of the Board up at boot without the Bridge. What i found out is that the eth0 comes up to late so it could not find the other Interfaces. So how could i do something like eth0 post-up ifconfig wan up with systemd-networkd? Or could i change the order how the Interfaces will be initialize at boot? could somebody Help me with this Topic? System Info ARMBIAN 5.59 stable Debian networkctl status -a (snippet) 4: eth0 Link File: /lib/systemd/network/99-default.link Network File: /etc/systemd/network/10-eth0.network Type: ether State: degraded…
-
So I have a new board that I am working with. I cannot get armbian-config to display anything. I have tried both the Ubuntu and Debian images. I also tried the default and next images with not luck. The default image has the drivers that I need for a mpcie network card. The final goal is to install the kernel source so I can update drivers. [ 2.037420] r8169 Gigabit Ethernet driver 2.3LK-NAPI loaded [ 2.048872] r8169 0000:00:00.0 eth1: RTL8168evl/8111evl at 0xffffff8000376000, 00:13:3b:21:4b:62, XID 0c900800 IRQ 108 [ 2.048931] r8169 0000:00:00.0 eth1: jumbo features [frames: 9200 bytes, tx checksumming: ko] [ 2.653362] r8169 0000:00:00.0 enp…
-
I've been running the Ubuntu from GlobalScale until now. -I finally had a chance for switching to Armbian, so I did; now I'm running 5.50: Ubuntu Xenial (4.17.3). So far, I've installed it onto my SATA harddisk, it boots, network is available via DHCP, web-server is up, SSHD is up, I can update via apt-get, etc... But there's still one important piece missing; I need to make the IP-address static (which was one of the main reasons I switched to Armbian). On GlobalScale's forum, I get the impression that Armbian is much easier to configure static IP address for, but I have the impression that I should not touch anything /etc/network/interfaces*. Instead…
-
Reputation Points
- 18 replies
- 8.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi there, as already discussed here, https://forum.armbian.com/topic/5318-looking-for-an-enclosure-for-espressobin/?do=findComment&comment=49396 it seems that this 4-sata mini pci express card is supposed to be supported by armbian. As I wrote in that post, it doesn't work for me. I've tried Armbian default and next. The cards work, since I got them running with espressobin's Ubuntu distribution. Also, I've compiled a 4.4.52 Kernel according to: http://wiki.espressobin.net/tiki-index.php?page=Build+From+Source+-+Kernel It also works just fine with Armbian. So, my guess is that there's so…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 6.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
In the download section under Clearfog Pro Tested Hardware it shows a European version of the ME909S mpcie LTE adapter and a link to the German Amazon product page. I just want to confirm the US equivalent is compatible - https://www.amazon.com/HUAWEI-ME909S-821-Wireless-DC-HSPA-TD-SCDMA/dp/B01CCFS0SY/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1532795467&sr=1-2&keywords=ME909s Thanks in advance
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, similar to the issue reported in https://forum.armbian.com/topic/6566-le-potato-serial-getty-on-ttys0-starts-stops-restarts/ the /var/log/syslog file is being spammed with the following entries: Jul 11 00:37:04 localhost systemd[1]: serial-getty@ttyS0.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart. Jul 11 00:37:04 localhost systemd[1]: Stopped Serial Getty on ttyS0. Jul 11 00:37:04 localhost systemd[1]: Started Serial Getty on ttyS0. Jul 11 00:37:14 localhost systemd[1]: serial-getty@ttyS0.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart. Jul 11 00:37:14 localhost systemd[1]: Stopped Serial Getty on ttyS0. Jul 11 00:37:14 localhost syst…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
Just in case someone else experience this problem, this might be a solution. In order to try and get my EspressoBIN to work with a port multiplier, I figured that I'd boot via a microSD card, which then does the real boot from SATA. But I had plenty of problems writing to my microSD card, which worked fine for the CubieBoard2 a few minutes ago. The thing I did wrong was to write (armbian) to the /dev/mmcblk1 using the DD command. eg. dd if=/some/path/Armbian_5.50_Espressobin_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.17.3.img of=/dev/mmcblk1 bs=1048576 ... I also tried cp /some/path/Armbian_5.50_Espressobin_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.17.3.img /dev/mmcblk1 -but th…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am running armbian 5.44 testing Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.14.40-mvebu64 on the espressobin and quite enjoy the default setting of plugin it into my my network without having to change anything (no changes to DHCP, routing, existing firewall and port redirection settings), but I have no way of introspecting the network like I would like. My project is to have a monitoring device on my home network that then helps me set up traffic shaping rules (eg. stop those annoying updates of the "other OS" from preventing everyone from using the internet, simple browsing rendered unusable). For that I want to use ntopng bridging and policying https://www.ntop.org/…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.6k views
-
-
Don't know if this is a Arabian issue or a driver issue But i got a ath9k mpcie board in en ExpressoBIN running Armbian nightly WIP lspci 00:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter dmesg shows: 20.892457] advk-pcie d0070000.pcie: Posted PIO Response Status: CA, 0xe00 @ 0x44 [ 21.154426] advk-pcie d0070000.pcie: Posted PIO Response Status: CA, 0xe00 @ 0x4 [ 21.505762] ath9k 0000:00:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002) [ 21.505794] advk-pcie d0070000.pcie: Posted PIO Response Status: CA, 0xe00 @ 0x3c [ 21.657293] dsa dsa@0 wan: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx [ 21.7…
-
I purchased a 1GB EspressoBin off of Amazon with the plan to run Armbian + OMV on it. Here's what it looked like upon initial boot with factory firmware. Which showed 1GB version. TIM-1.0 WTMI-armada-17.10.1-b90dbf0 ENTER init_ddrgen DDR_TOPOLOGY is 4 : DDR3, 1CS 1G WTMI_CLOCK=2 Fill memory before self refresh...done Now in Self-refresh Mode Restore CAS Read and Write Latency Restore termination values to original values Exited self-refresh ... DLL TUNING ============== DLL 0xc0001050[21:16]: [0,2f,17] DLL 0xc0001050[29:24]: [1,35,1b] DLL 0xc0001054[21:16]: [0,2d,16] DLL 0xc0001054[29:24]: [4,34,1c] DLL 0xc0001074[21:16]: [0,3f,1f] DLL 0xc0001074…
-
Hello, I have recently bought one clearfogpro and one orangepi+ 2e. I power them with a RD65A adapter which delivers both 5V and 12V DC. You can see everything on the pictures. There is also a 2.5" hard drive connected to the clearfogpro. Before powering up everything, I would like to be sure all cables are correctly connected, there is the picture of all connections to the RD65A 1) The main power cable : the red (phase) goes to the L, the blue (neutral) goes to the N, and the green/yellow goes to the ground. 2) V1 is 5V for RD65A, so I plugged the orangepi+ 2e and red cable of the sata power 3) V2 is…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 6.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I installed the latest armbian mainline image on my clearfog pro. I plugged a wifi card on it. I would like to set up the armbian network so as to use it as a gateway towards the ISP box. Concretely, here the scheme : internet <---- ADSL-----> ISP box <------- RJ45 ----------> clearfog <-------- wifi --------> PC1, tablet, ... <------- RJ45 -------> PC2, printer, ... Currently I use this scheme with an old router (linksys/dd-wrt) which is…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I have a small fan (2-3cm diameter). Do you know if it is possible to plug it on the clearfogpro board ? On the mikrobus header, one can see GND, 5V, 3.3V slots. Can I plug the fan wires into these ? Thanks for your attention Regards
-
Hi, out of interest I was checking the I²C Devices connected to the ClearfogPro. So this is thought as a small guide to the i2c bus. The second i2c bus goes straight to the mikrobus/click header so there is nothing on default. --- i2cdetect for bus 0 gave me: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 20: UU -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 4c -- -- -- 50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -…
-
I’m having a lot of trouble getting started with Armbian Ubuntu 16 (SD Boot) and the board. I downloaded the default image from https://dl.armbian.com/espressobin/ and wrote it successfully to the SD card. In UBoot, I have tried using the cmd at https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/bootscripts/boot-espressobin.cmd and there is no armada-3720-espressobin.dtb file at the path that is called. It also cacks out on the if statement saying there is no “load” command. If I don’t call the expressobin.dtb and bypass the if statement, using “run bootmmc” starts it loading but it hangs and throws some errors and then han…
-
Hi, I am currently using the back side push button on my clearfog pro for bringing the device to poweroff / halt. The easiest way to configure it like that seemed to change the button_0 entry in the device tree From: button_0 { label = "Rear Button"; gpios = <0x23 0x2 0x1>; linux,can-disable; linux,code = <0x100>; }; To: button_0 { label = "Rear Button"; gpios = <0x23 0x2 0x1>; linux,can-disable; linux,code = <0x74>; }; The linux code 0x74 signals the device to perform a graceful shutdown. Unfortunately I have to readjust the device tree after every update. I would…
-
Hi, quick question, is the Bug/Limitation listed in the docs (https://docs.armbian.com/Hardware_Marvell/#bugs-or-limitation_1) regarding using sfp with mainline kernel still there? Or was it fixed in the meantime? I am thinking about ordering a sfp module but want to make sure it is supported first. Greetings, count-doku
-
EDIT: only the card in what I'm calling slot two is detected by lspci. wifi card near SoM - at boot PCI-e 0: Detected No Link. PCI-e 2 (IF 1 - bus 0) Root Complex Interface, Detected Link X1, GEN 1.1 ... once booted root@clearfogpro:~# lspci 00:02.0 PCI bridge: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 6828 (rev 04) wifi card in slot nearer edge of board - at boot PCI-e 1 (IF 0 - bus 0) Root Complex Interface, Detected Link X1, GEN 1.1 PCI-e 1: Detected No Link. ... once booted 00:02.0 PCI bridge: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 6828 (rev 04) 01:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QC…
-
Reputation Points
- 24 replies
- 9.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Background Most of the instructions I found on installing anything on the Clearfog Pro or Base with eMMC were either not applicable to me, incomplete or missing some file or there was some other barrier. After a couple weeks of tinkering and notation I feel I have a good handle on getting Armbian on this board by several different methods. Here I will describe my path to using TFTP to install Armbian on my Clearfog Pro. First off, I have no clue why so many tutorials include a line that reads something like "but that would require you to set up a TFTP server so we're going to go through a lot of other rigamarole instead.' Really? This guide got my TFTP serve…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 6.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, this is not really a problem but a thing I stumbled upon a few weeks ago, when compiling armbian myself. For reasons unknown to me, when I check the pcie support option in the kernel settings, the ath10k pci driver (as used for wle600vx for example) cannot be loaded anymore. The armbian tries to load various firmware files, always falling back till the last one. Then booting continues w/o ath10k so no wifi.... I never got around the function of the pcie feature anyway, both mpcie slots are fully operational with only pci enabled in the kernel config. Did I misunderstand this menu option? Greetings, …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.9k views
-
-
I've attempted to install Ubuntu_xenial_default_4.4.112. In order to get this to work, I tried to follow the instructions on the download page as close as I could... Downloaded flash-image-2g-1000_800_boot_sd_and_usb.bin (because I have a 2GB model, which reports CPU-speed 1000 MHz and DDR 800 MHz. Formatted an USB-stick as FAT, copied flash-image-2g-1000_800_boot_sd_and_usb.bin to that stick, unmounted it. Inserted the USB-stick in the EspressoBIN, rebooted the EspressoBIN. Via the terminal I typed ... When it was done updating and returned to the "Marvell>>" prompt, I pressed the RESET button on the board. The board attempts t…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 6.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I have Armbian 5.38 Debian Stretch Default running 4.4.115-mvebu and it is working fine. If I try to use either Debian or Ubuntu with the Next kernel (4.14.14) Network Manager always fails to start with a long wait (1 - 1.5 mins). Both Debain and Ubuntu images behave the same with their respective kernels. (4.4 yes, 4.14 no) Is this fixed in 4.15? Am I missing anything using the Default kernel? I've read in other posts where Igor and Mr Kaiser state the Next kernel is more 'mature.' I'm starting a fairly ambitious project with this board so I kinda want to make sure everything will run. Thanks!!
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 4.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, the ClearfogPro has a so called TDM interface. This also contains a pin for spdif and i2s. I have been trying to get it to work for some time, but unfortunately it is not included in the solidrun image nor is there any documentation on it from their side. As far as I figured it out the TDM is for some external VoIP Cards, and I2S is a sound protocol between sounddevices. So I would like to use SPDIF to stream some audio to my amplifier. I checked in the function and hardware specs for the Armada 388 (88F6828) and the schematics of the clearfogpro and it seems that pin mpp51 is would be used for spdif. This pin al…
-
Hi, I have a problem with my ClearfogPro, it worked fine for some time but now theres something wrong with the system clock and I am unsure wether this is caused by the hardware or software. I set the time with the date command, then copy it to the rtc with hwclock --systohc... After a few moments the times in sys/hw are already a few seconds apart. The system clock seems to be about 1/3 second to slow.... So after a few minutes its completely off, this causes ntp to stop working ofc. I tried fixing this by using adjtimex but the setable value range ist not large enough... This is the output of timedatectl c…
-
I've been running 5.36 successfully on my espressobin. Saw the upgrade to 5.38, so ran apt-get update and upgrade. Now the boot process shows this log snippet: [ 6.251662] md: autorun ... [ 6.254188] md: ... autorun DONE. [ 6.258090] Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p1... [ 6.267577] mmc1: new high speed SDHC card at address aaaa [ 6.273478] mmcblk1: mmc1:aaaa SL16G 14.8 GiB [ 6.279091] mmcblk1: p1 [ 201.869175] random: crng init done I've let it sit for a while after this (200 seconds in), but no more log lines. Any other espressobin users successfully running 5.38?
-
Does armbian builds for Espressobin support u-boot's driver MVEBU_EFUSE_FAKE to fake efuse access? From my understanding efuse is needed to test trusted boot. https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/commit/a1b6b0a9c1f91756b93e6d804837dc178d79d39e I am testing secure boot(trusted boot) on my 2GB EspressoBIN, using the armada-17.10 versions of u-boot, a3700utils, and atf-marvell. Following the trusted_boot.txt document, I successfully built an untrusted and trusted flash.bin and a u-boot.bin with mvebu efuse enabled. I was able to boot the board with the untrusted boot image and ran the efuse write commands. My board had a loss of power before I b…
-
Hi there, I've recently ordered a miniPCIe Wifi adapter for the Espressobin, so it can act as WiFi Access Point. The device does recognise the card (using `pci` in u-boot lists the device), but the kernel doesn't. All I can see is the following in dmesg output: [ 2.969072] advk-pcie d0070000.pcie: link never came up [ 2.974496] advk-pcie d0070000.pcie: PCI host bridge to bus 0000:00 [ 2.980995] pci_bus 0000:00: root bus resource [bus 00-ff] [ 2.986325] pci_bus 0000:00: root bus resource [mem 0xe8000000-0xe8ffffff] [ 2.993793] pci_bus 0000:00: root bus resource [io 0x0000-0xffff] (bus address [0xe9000000-0xe9) [ 4.435260] advk-pcie d00700…
-
Hi, I have bought a couple of ESPRESSOBin and I want to start some experiments. I have encounter some oddities on schematics and gpio description. Schematics question: On my two boars there is written that the circuit version is 5.1 but on the official wiki I have found only 4.0.1 schematics. Someone known were the updated schematics can be find? I have found some different links: Official wiki page Documents name report V4.0, schematics file report v4.0.1, date 21/01/2017 Official tech spec Documents name report V5.0, schematics file report v4.0.1, date 08/03/2017 Gpio question: On gpio map there is some NC but assign…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, Over at Doozan we are having quite a time trying to get kwboot to work on the newer Armada 385 based boards. It works for the ClearFrog because there is a DIP switch to select UART boot. However on shipping products like the Zyxel NAS326 and the Western Digital EX2 Ultra/EX2100/EX4100 this is not an option. Does anyone else have any of the above products? Were you ever successful in getting it to load u-boot via uart?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 8.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey guys, I've written a brief guide of getting ARMBIAN running on ClearFog Base, hoping it will be helpful for new bees. getting_started_with_clearfog_base.md It's like a note of how I was managed to write images and to boot ARMBIAN from USB, eMMC, or SATA SSD. And some details of A388 SoC boot selection. The guide is based on ARMBIAN 5.30 and ClearFog Base + A388 SoM with eMMC, and I believe that all the steps were verified, although I've tried several versions of ARMBIAN (both Deibian and Ubuntu) and got lots of boot failure. If there's any mistake in the guide, or there's a better way getting things done, please make comments here…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.9k views
-
-
Hi again, The Clearfog base has two push buttons, but these don't seem to be hard-wired to any hardware functionality. Does anyone know how to find them in the system and monitor them for events? They could then be used for example to reboot or power down the system. BR. --Marius--
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4.6k views
-
-
Hi, I downloaded and installed v. 5.30-next yesterday - kernel 4.11.4-mvebu. The board apppears to run slightly cooler than with v.5.25 and has been stable. This morning an apt upgrade to 5.31 was available and I started running the update. Apt upgrade has now been running for about 4 hours, compiling linux-headers-next-mvebu (5.31), with most cpu time going to cc1. Top is dynamic, with cc1 taking anything from 0% to 100% cpu, so I am guessing that nothing has hung but that header compilation will take a long time on this system. A similar very long linux header update was experienced when I tried to update this system …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Hi, I'm running armbian 5.27 xenial / kernel 4.9.12-mvebu on a Clearfog base, where eth0 should have a static address and eth1 gets its config. from DHCP. The system has three possible interfaces (including the empty SFP port - eth2). By default both Ethernet ports eth0 and eth1 came up with DHCP, however, I couldn't find any config covering both of them. nmtui had a config for eth1 and eth2 (if I remember correctly), while the /etc/network/interfaces file only had a config for eth0. I have now tried to configure eth0 with a static config, both by adding it in nmtui (which didn't seem to have any effect) and…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.6k views
-
-
Hi, On my Clearfog base, I have one bootable SDHC card that I made some time ago, using Title: Armbian 5.25 Clearfogbase Debian Jessie next Kernel: Linux 4.9.7 Build date: 02.02.2017 I can't remember, but think that I flashed the card from Linux using dd bs=1M What I do remember was having some trouble back then, flashing a card that would boot and remember several attempts, using several different images. I also remember that the board dip switches were in the wrong positions as delivered from the factory and that my first attempts failed because of that. Having sorted that out and using the image described a…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Hi, I am setting up a Clearfog base as the backend for my music player. As a high-end audio device it would be a clear advantage if all processing could be passively cooled. Running Armbian_5.27_Clearfogbase_Ubuntu_xenial_default_4.4.70 the default heatsink gets very hot to the touch and feels much hotter than the reported 49 degrees. Does anyone know if there are any differences between the available kernel and armbian versions regarding temperature? Does anyone know of any inaccuracies in the temperature reporting for the ARMADA 38x? What could be regarded as a safe (reported) operating temperature for the ARMADA 38x? …
-
I recently got a ClearFog Pro board and wanted to replace my router with it. In order to add Wi-Fi functionality, I installed an Intel 4965 AGN PCI-E extension card. So far I have tried the following two images in order to get it to work: Mainline 4.9.7 The mainline kernel neither detected my Wi-Fi module nor the additional, built-in LAN ports. However, after updating the kernel with "apt upgrade" to 4.10.x, the "iwlegacy" driver necessary for the Intel Wi-Fi module started to work. However, the LAN ports are still missing. Entering "ip link" gives the following output: Usually, there should be lan1, lan2, lan3... …
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Trying to tweak settings for NAS use cases I built a Debian Jessie for Clearfog Pro using vendor kernel (4.4.59-mvebu). Just for fun I made a Gigabit Ethernet LanTest with an USB3 RTL8153 -- target is a Seagate Barracuda on an ASM1062: Now with onboard eth0 it looks partially better but writes to the NAS are way lower: It seems RX packet processing happens on both CPU cores and slows the device unnecessarily down. But I found no way to adjust this: root@clearfogpro:~# grep eth0 /proc/interrupts 38: 3532614 3873924 armada_370_xp_irq 8 Level eth0 root@clearfogpro:~# echo 2 >/proc/irq/38/smp_affinity -bash: echo: write error: …
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 9.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Currently using an image based on the latest (13/12/16) in: https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib Some changes recently have resulted in emmc based clearfog-pro boards requiring the SD card to boot again. There's a new variable in /boot/armbianEnv.txt to enable the emmc fix. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to help. Based on the SolidRun wiki: http://wiki.solid-run.com/doku.php?id=products:a38x:software:development:u-boot you can patch the sdhci to give the signal that an sd card is in the slot diff --git a/arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-388-clearfog.dts b/arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-388-clearfog.dts index 8fa7b27..b8b05ad 100644 --…
-
Reputation Points
- 53 replies
- 24.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have a clearfogbase board. I successfully installed armbian (4.4.45 upgraded to 4.4.51). Most of the components are working fine (SFP, intel 7260 wifi...), however I think I am using the dtb file of the clearfog pro, the second ethernet port is not working: [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0 [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct [ 0.000000] Linux version 4.4.51-mvebu (root@devel) (gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu/Linaro 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4) ) #5 SMP Thu Feb 23 21:02:25 CET 2017 [ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 P…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
Hi all, i have the A38X MicroSom with emmc (yes bad idea) with ClearFog Base, and buy me an 64GB M.2 SSD for i Think easy way to dd a img on emmc. I have wait a long time for my Hardware and now musst be more time invest for my first boot up. I've been asking for concrete: on http://wiki.solid-run.com/doku.php?id=products:a38x:software:development:u-boo it is written: What is my toolchain prefix, this: arm-none-linux-gnueabi- ? I have my host linux pc, with debian x86 / amd64, ARM compatible? if so which packages are required for it, with add Architecture armhf? Is the ri…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Having trouble getting the modem to show up in the /dev/ folder. I have a HL8548 Sierra Wireless mini pci-e connected to my Clearfog-Pro. Currently using Armbian 3.10.104 "jessie". I've tried using a stock image, going through the kernel config menu to turn on PPP and looking for any settings related which I can turn on (Can't seem to find anything device driver related). My understanding is it's part of the stock Kernel and should show up as a USB device (gone back to the supplier to check the AT command was sent to have the modem in the right mode). If anyone has experience getting a mini pci-e cellular modem going in Armbian I'd appreciate any advice. …
-
Hi everyone, So I am a real beginner with networking so I though I would buy this board for learning and messing about. But I cant get the switched 6 port Ethernet to work. It shows up with ip link: root@armada:~#ip link 1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1 link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00 2: bond0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,MASTER> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000 link/ether 0a:b2:e1:6c:82:2e brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff 3: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP mode DEFAULT group default qlen 532 lin…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 8.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
i had contact with some devs regarding this problem: Compex cards (wle600 and wle900) do not work on kernel 4.4.x without changes. The answer i got is: Maybe someone could fix that? Would be really nice! I have no idea how to do that with the irq_mode
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm building an application to automate installation and configuration of my Clearfog (eMMC board) and I've got stuck copying the files to the device. I'm trying to use TFTP for file transfer because I'd like to avoid needing a USB stick. The image file for Armbian is ~1.2GB which I think has a lot of padded space? (I've build a bare bones image). If so I have two possible options in mind to fix my problems. 1) Cut down on the padding so the image can be loaded (not sure where the configuration setting for this is yet). 2) Possibly compress the image and install it? Not sure if 2 is possible but have to ask. If there's another option I'd also like to hear it.…
-
[ OK ] Reached target Graphical Interface. Starting Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes... [ OK ] Started Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes. Debian GNU/Linux 8 armada ttyS0 armada login: oli Password: Linux armada 4.7.3-marvell #25 SMP Wed Sep 14 19:24:33 CEST 2016 armv7l Traceback (most recent call last): File "/etc/update-motd.d/40-updates", line 145, in <module> updates = int(file.read()) ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '' run-parts: /etc/update-motd.d/40-updates exited with return code 1 oli@armada:~$ When i login as root, i get the prompt to enter the name for the new user and then it …
-
On my Clearfog Base, I noticed that the temperature reported in motd was different than that reported by /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp - and reading the script at /etc/update-motd.d/30-sysinfo I found towards the end a comment about readings being done on the heatsink for Marvell systems (of which this is one), and the code subtracts 30 degrees Celsius from the reading. I searched around and couldn't find any other mentions of needing to do that. I guess I'm curious how it was determined that this was necessary - and how accurate it actually should be. It seems like a questionable assumption that the sensor would report a temperature that was always …
-
I'm running into a problem using the second interface with my Clearfog Base. I don't have an SFP to test the third interface, but the first works fine, though the second does not. I've tried images with 3.x and 4.x kernels from both SolidRun and Armbian and they all have the same behavior. My first concern is whether this has worked for anyone else so that I can rule out faulty hardware. Can anyone chime in with whether they've successfully used the 2nd copper interface on a Clearfog Base? If so, did it work out of the box, or did it require any extra steps? Next, can someone more familiar with ARM SOCs and device trees comment as to whether the same device tree …
-
Ok I'm stuck and need some help. Trying to install an intel 7260 wifi + bt mini pcie card in my clearfog (as an access point but that's the next step). I'm using https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/ to build and using the dev branch (tried all 3). Installs everything ok Ethernet, 3G modem but the intel 7260 is killing me. Tried installing the ucode from version 13 - 17 from: https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlwifi?s%5b%5d=iwlmvm#firmware http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/?id=c883a6b6186bb2415761d287cbac773062911212 https://github.com/OpenELEC/iwlwifi-firmware/tree/master/firmware Using the Gent…
-
Hi, I've been trying to compile an armbian image based on (any but In this case) the dev branch, Jessie using: https://github.com/igorpecovnik/libwhich seems fine. I write the .raw image to an sd card and throw it in to get an error: ** File not found boot/dtb/armada-388-clearfog.dtb Looking at the sd card compared to the pre-compiled images I can see that it isn't there. I'm new to compiling armbian (could you tell?) so sorry in advance if the answer is obvious. Any help or documentation people have for building the clearfog board I'd really appreciate.
-
Hi, i just installed a SFP Modul on my clearfog pro with armbian but i am not sure if this is the correct device. Is there some way to get more information out of it? root@armada:~# ifconfig eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:50:43:25:fb:84 inet addr:192.168.2.124 Bcast:192.168.2.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 inet6 addr: fe80::250:43ff:fe25:fb84/64 Scope:Link UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:115 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:97 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:532 RX bytes:12347 (12.0 KiB) TX bytes:12297 (12.0 KiB) …
-
Reputation Points
- 20 replies
- 9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was hoping someone using a clearfog board could help me out with a working config for the switched ethernet ports on the clearfog board, to be able to access them as individually as possible as the hardware and linux allow for. Anyone with a Clearfog board by chance? Thanks! -Eric
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I am working with the Clearfog board, I've tried both Ubuntu and Debian. At the main page (http://www.armbian.com/clearfog/) I read "All 3phy network ports operational", but I can use only 2, the main one which is on processor module and the switched one but I can't use the third one wich is driven by the switch. I can set ip adress to all 3 but can ping with 2 only. From the of_mdiobus_register function in of_mdio.c file, I see the adress 0 phy is registered but 2 others are not cause the adress "/soc/internal-regs/mdio/ethernet-phy@2 PHY address 999 is too large". My first question is how to use the third phy ? My second question is more about und…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3k views
-