Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Banana Pi M4 Zero

  1. armbianmonitor logs: https://paste.armbian.com/rolisaboru I’m running Armbian 25.2 on a Banana Pi BPI-M4-Zero (Allwinner sun50i-h618). EMAC1 (ethernet@5030000) with its internal PHY never comes up: sunxi-gmac 5030000.ethernet end0: renamed from eth0 … No PHY found! … phy init again… No PHY found! … phy init failed So far I have tried: 1. Directly patching full.dts Enabled /soc/ethernet@5030000 (status = “okay”) Added phy-mode = "rmii", pinctrl-0 = <&rmii_pins>, phy-handle, phy-supply etc. Defined a simple ethernet-phy@0 under MDIO. Recompiled to sun50i-h618-bananapi-m4-zero.dtb and rebooted. …

  2. Is it possible on a Banana Pi M4 Zero to reboot Armbian running from SD card, so that the next time it boots from the internal storage, without removing the SD card? (and without modifying sdcard boot sector) I want to create an automatic backup internal storage - so that the system (booted from emmc) reboots, starts from the SD card, backs up content emmc to sdcard, and then reboots again, booting from emmc. Is it possible some how?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. Good day. We have a medical device project. We always wanted to have bananapi m4 zero hardware on our main board, with armbian as an OS seeing as it is up to date and fit for purpose. However, our Hardware supplier has not been able to solve the full hardware stack. We currently are able to boot the orangepi zero 3 image... and as far as I understand the hardware chips are very close to each other. We also have emmc on the board. But not working. We desperately need hardware development help so we can get banana pi m4 zero armbian supported OS working. Any advise please. We have 2GB RAM , allwinner h618, axp313. All the same as orangepi zero 3. Pl…

  4. any one have a succes with? using Armbian_25.2.2_Bananapim4zero_noble_current_6.6.75.img wifi not work, thats fixed with: overlays=bananapi-m4-sdio-wifi-bt Applying kernel provided DT overlay sun50i-h616-mcp2515.dtbo failed on fdt_overlay_apply(): FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND and then: Error applying DT overlays, restoring original DT and have no wifi and any overlays at all.. on a bpi 2W Zero runs double mcp2515 on a spi1 as can0 + can1, but on M4 zero - no success at all, everythings are tried, all armbian builds, trying self writed overlays, tried boot from uSD, emmc - no success. always took this…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.9k views
  5. Hi, Board: BPI‑M4 Zero OS: Armbian (Bookworm), kernel 6.12.35 (current) This board has two USB‑C ports: one fixed HOST and one OTG. I’d like the OTG port (USB0) to operate as a host as well. I can’t find any Armbian overlay in armbian-config or on the forums that flips USB0 to host. If anyone has this working, it would be cool to let me know . Thanks!

    • Reputation Points

    • 14 replies
    • 7.3k views
  6. Started by jgauthier,

    Greetings, I've built a custom image for the BPI M4 Zero and have been using a wired USB cable for my config and development work, It's final destination will require wireless. So I started to configure that today and discovered that it does not find any wireless access points. The device exists. 3: wlan0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state DOWN group default qlen 1000 link/ether ac:6a:a3:3f:9c:65 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff There is an overlay loaded (I did not add it, it was part of the image build) overlays=bananapi-m4-sdio-wifi-bt usbhost bananapi-m4-pi-5-6-i2c0 bananapi-m4-pi-7…

  7. Context: new Banana Pi M4 zero (rev 2) is using Wifi/BT over SDIO, which requires an sdio overlay. Thanks to Armbian team for providing it. Editing armbianEnv.txt to add "overlays=bananapi-m4-sdio-wifi-bt" did the trick for Wifi but BT is still not available (neither in standard or rolling builds)... @c0rnelius I know you tried to figure out why, I'm missing technical knowledge to help... Digging the Internet I saw similar bluetooth issue for radxa zero 3w with aic8800, resolved using hciattach / hci up, but needing an available /dev/ttyS1 (UART1) we are missing here... Do you know why? Could it be the problem for banana pi m4 zero and if yes could an overlay …

  8. I really like this small board but with new revision firmware choice is a nightmare... Looking for Debian or Ubuntu with XFCE and support for wifi (usb eth at start if needed ok), bluetooth, HDMI sound, QHD display resolution (2560x1440) Main tests results: - Standard Armbian (V25.2.2 Linux 6.6.75 Ubuntu noble XFCE + overlays=bananapi-m4-sdio-wifi-bt) -> wifi OK, bluetooth NO, HDMI sound NO, bad display perf, buggy screen size (display 1920 when choosing 2560) - Official BPI (V24.8.2 Linux 5.4.125 Debian XFCE + overlays=i2c0 spi1 uart4 -> wifi OK, Bluetooth NO, HDMI sound NO, bug in screen size (limited to 1920) - Other rol…

  9. Started by jgauthier,

    I'm hesitant to post this here, because I am not really sure that this is an armbian issue to begin with. But I'm somewhat stumped. During the build process I configured the kernel to enable real time threads. CONFIG_NO_HZ_COMMON=y CONFIG_HZ_1000=y CONFIG_HZ=1000 CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT=y However, as I started to migrate my development I discovered I couldn't create a real time thread. So I pulled down areal time test suite (https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/realtime/documentation/howto/tools/rt-tests) And confirmed it has the same issue: Unable to change scheduling policy! either run as root or join realtime group I am …

  10. Started by jrtaylor,

    Looking at the new BPI M4 zero to replace a RPI zero. The official build listed does not have gpio turned or maybe just not built into the kernel. If I download the image from the BPI website it has it but it based on bullseye and the image is broke. I built my own image but still no go so I am not sure what is wrong. I have built images for other boards and projects with success so that's not the problem. I have a 3.5" TFT touch screen and some relays that I need to run along with a sensor.

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 6.2k views
  11. Started by AryasDad,

    Hoping someone can help me out. When I use the desktop images from the following page: https://www.armbian.com/bananapi-m4-zero/, I get my display properly identified (connected via HDMI) and can change resolution, rotation, etc. However, as with noted in other posts, these do not have WiFi. In order to get WiFi working, I use the image from here: https://docs.banana-pi.org/en/BPI-M4_Zero/BananaPi_BPI-M4_Zero. For my needs, this image works fine with the one exception. It does not detect the display and only shows default with no ability to change settings. I have poked around and tried to find a solution but am coming up empty. Is there so…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 3.6k views
  12. Hi everyone. Tried stable and experimental builds. Also build my own image. All 6.x kernels don't seem to have a working wifi on this board. Tried modprobe brcmfmac without any luck - module loads but no wlan0 comes up. The board to my understanding has CYW43455 chip (from Cypress). Apparently there are several variations of BPI M4 Zero. The only image that has working wifi is from BPI website but it's a backports build with 5.4 kernel, so fairly old and outdated (running an upgrade makes the board unbootable). Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.1k views
  13. Started by keithr,

    I set up a new Banana Pi M4 Zero, with an HDMI monitor that had previously been used with a Raspberry Pi, a USB hub with a keyboard and mouse. I downloaded the Armbian Ubuntu Jammy desktop, the activity light flashed a bit but no video. I soldered a header to the debug serial pads and connected to a PC through a serial to USB converter. Using that link I could see the boot process, and communicate. I used armbian-config to set up wifi etc, but still no video. I have tried Jammy minimum, and both Debian downloads but still no video. There appears to be nothing coming across the HDMI connection, the monitor detects that there is a physical connection but no video. The same …

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
  14. Started by diaamant,

    Good afternoon. I have great respect for your work (I signed up for an Individual subscription and made a small contribution to Funding equipment in April 2023) Question about Bananapi M4 Zero board The board is assigned the status "Standard Support", but there are no links to a stable image (for example Armbian 24.2.1 Bookworm CLI). There are only links to daily/rolling releases. I understand how much time and effort goes into maintaining a large number of boards. Tell me, can we hope for the appearance of stable firmware versions for Bananapi M4 Zero?

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.