Radxa Rock Pi E
12 topics in this forum
-
I wanted to share 2 custom overlays I've created and tested for the RockPi E to enable UART1 and OTG via the GPIO. Create file rockchip-uart1.dts /dts-v1/; / { compatible = "rockchip,rk3328"; fragment@0 { target-path = "/serial@ff120000"; __overlay__ { pinctrl-0 = < 0x23 >; status = "okay"; }; }; }; Create file rockchip-otg.dts /dts-v1/; / { compatible = "rockchip,rk3328"; fragment@0 { target-path = "/usb@ff580000"; __overlay__ { dr_mode = "otg"; }; }; }; Install and enable overlays: sudo armbian-add-overlay rockchip-uart1.dts sudo armbian-add-overlay rockchip-otg.dts
-
Hi. I have RockPi E v1.21 and I found, that I'm not able to boot image with new kernel 6.12 (tried minimal images 25.2.1 and 24.11.1, USBImager and Balena Etcher, 3 SD cards, different power supplies). With image 24.8.3 it boots normally. Also I found, that after upgrading 24.8.3 to kernel 6.12 the RockPi boots, but Ethernet doesn't work (even LEDs are dead). Another thing which I notice is, that I didn't find any option to disable kernel upgrades, but what I googled, it should be present in armbian-config->system->kernel->Y203. But this Y203 option is missing. Here is successful boot log of 24.8.3: https://paste.armbian.com/ixuvimofis.sql …
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 7.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I am struggling to get the second NIC (1Gbit) to work. The wireless and first NIC (100Mbit) works All NIC's connected I am using Armbian 22.11.0-trunk Bullseye root@rockpi-e:~# ifconfig -a eth0: flags=4098<BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 ether 9a:9c:84:a1:77:63 txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet) RX packets 0 bytes 0 (0.0 B) RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0 TX packets 0 bytes 0 (0.0 B) TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0 device interrupt 41 eth1: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 inet 10.150.1…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hello! Can help me about orange 3b, I want to adapt one dts file to my board, how to correctly indicate the names of the pins, the example gives the following sample entry: https://mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/display/panel/sitronix,st7701.txt reset-gpios = <&pio 3 24 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>; /* LCD-RST: PD24 */ how to correctly fix this for my board?
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
My new RockPi-E works well except for a reboot. Have to power it off/on to recover. Is it a known problem? Any solution/workaround? Thanks for your time Chris
-
Hi I would like to use the UART on physical pins 3 and 5 (https://wiki.radxa.com/RockpiE/hardware/gpio) Does anybody know how to activate it? There is an overlay uart4 but it doesn't do what I expected it to do :-) Thanks Chris
-
Hello, I'm using a rock pi e ver 3.0 with armbian 24.8.3: I would like to drive the state of a gpio, that of pin 7 or gpio 100: I'm not an expert and I tried to use the GPIOD libraries for python but I couldn't do anything because I get errors; from the command line through the gpiodetect command it seems to me that the chipset is recognized and I see some lines and the status of the gpios but I cannot change the status of these. Am I going in the right direction? Are there other methods to drive these GPIOs? Thank you in advance.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Team, I want to build or get pre-built armbian image for kernel 4.4 with wifi : rtl8723as enabled. Please help or provide any suggestion to build armbian image for rockpi-e. Any help or suggestion will be appriciated.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey guys, we are facing an issue we can not resolve ourselves so we are looking for some help on here... Our Rock Pi E does not restart successfully occasionally. Running the Rock Pi E with latest official Armbian with a USB soundcard attached. We are capturing audio and distribute the captured audio via "(c)VLC" via network. Since a few months we are facing reboot issues which are persistent but not easily reproducible. Whenever we reboot manually, everything works fine. When rebooting via cron it does often not reboot and get into a freeze state which makes it impossible to connect via SSH nor serial-adapter. We already tried switching the power so…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Good day, Dear! How to untag vlan_x to eth0 interface and untag vlan_y it to eth1 and wlan0 and enable igmp v2 support for iptv? Access Point created with armbian-config. Thank.
-
I have been working on rk3328 (kernel 6.1) based board recently and have been trying to bringup wifi RTL8723AS module using rockpi-e image. As there is no direct support available for this module I have tried to cloning it from github and building it but it gives compilation errors. Hence I referred to drivers available in the kernel and found one for the module similar to that of my module (RTL8723BS), cross verified through user manual and datasheets and build it using armbian. The driver gets built properly and even initializes upon powerup but it isn't getting into probe. The wifi is interfaced through SDIO to the board. Any idea what might b…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Wanted to try this Debian rolling release with Linux v6.18 from https://www.armbian.com/rockpie/ page, but both links there https://dl.armbian.com/nightly/rockpi-e/Forky_current_minimal https://dl.armbian.com/nightly/rockpi-e/Plucky_current_minimal lead to a 404 page on github.com. Thanks, Chris