Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GPU performance in Amrbian 24.11.1

Featured Replies

I have updated my board to run on Armbian 24.11.1 with KDE. I am mainly using it to connect to my remote computer using RustDesk and I am notice that the fps I get is lower than when I was on 24.8.1. There I got around 25-30fps, but on the new version I can get max around 15.

Are there any gpu drivers I can try or tests I should run in order to see how well the gpu performs?

 

 

output  from armbianmonitor - https://paste.next.armbian.com/recigaluza
 

How did and does or can Rustdeck use the GPU is the question I think. Maybe it could use video codec in HW on you older 24.8 installation. I have no clue. I know some Android remote desktop software for my ASUS Transformer1 did something like hat.

Edited by eselarm

  • Author

@Efe Çetin @eselarm

 

Yes, I believe rustdesk was using gpu for decoding, I mainly stayed with h.264, but some other codecs (h.265, vp9 if I remember correctly) seemed to perform okayish as well. Might it have to do something with KDE or Gnome, as previously I was using Gnome on Edge 2.

 

Here is inxi -G output: 

Graphics:
 Device-1: display-subsystem driver: rockchip_drm v: N/A
 Device-2: rk3588-mali driver: panthor v: kernel
 Device-3: rk3588-dw-hdmi-qp driver: dwhdmiqp_rockchip v: N/A
 Display: wayland server: X.org v: 1.21.1.11 with: Xwayland v: 23.2.6
   compositor: kwin_wayland driver: X: loaded: modesetting dri: rockchip
   gpu: rockchip_drm,panthor,dwhdmiqp_rockchip resolution: 2560x1440
 API: EGL v: 1.5 drivers: panthor,swrast
   platforms: gbm,wayland,x11,surfaceless,device
 API: OpenGL v: 4.5 compat-v: 3.1 vendor: mesa v: PPA
   renderer: Mali-G610 (Panfrost)
 API: Vulkan Message: No Vulkan data available.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.