Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orange Pi 4 LTS

Download Armbian OS images: Provide logs:
Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu.

Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.

 

  1. Started by PatrikO,

    Hello, I'm having issues with my Orange Pi 4 LTS. I cannot get any HDMI output at the moment. Neither with the Debian flashed on the eMMC, or with Armbian running of the SD card. In both cases I can SSH into the Orange and run commands normally. The HDMI worked just a day before, but in the meantime I was flashing different systems and it stopped working. I tried different monitors and cables. Any ideas what can I do?

  2. Seems like the kernel 6.12.16 just does not boot - either updated regularly or from "rolling" minimal image. Steps to reproduce: - 1 way - just burn and run current "rolling" minimal image (Armbian_25.5.0-trunk.115_Orangepi4-lts_plucky_current_6.12.16_minimal). Result: Getting no records on UART after "Starting kernel..." and only red led shining. - 2 way Enabling kernel updates from already up to date Armbian v25.2.2 with older 5.15.76-rockchip64 (`# sudo armbian-config` -> System -> Kernel -> SY201 - Install alternative kernels) Result: same as above - 3 way Enabling kernel updates from older Armbian 22.08.10 without Armbian update itself.…

  3. Started by SET,

    Hello. I downloaded Armbian 22.05 Jammy XFCE for Desktop. When I boot up my Orange Pi 4 LTS everything looks good. The first problem was a Wi-Fi 5G password (system dont recognize my password), only 2.4G works. The second problem (and the main problem) was a display - when X start, my display turn off (I have HDMI-connection). What I am doing wrong?

  4. I've compiled mainline kernel 6.6 which runs well on my OrangePi/RK3399. The only problem left is getting H.264 decoding working. Unfortunately, when I query /dev/video1 which is the node created by the hantro-vpu driver, only MPEG2 and VP8 are shown as supported codecs for decoding. No H.264, even though I've read many places that the mainline hantro driver supports H.264. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something else I need to do to get this working?

  5. Hi ChecMate, Just FYI I am seeing the same thing on an Orange Pi 4 LTS that I am setting up, what worked for me was to unplug the keyboard to let the boot start, then plug it in later. I tried 2 keyboards and both USB 2 & 3 ports, and the problem is consistent, if I boot with the kb plugged in the HDMI remains dead. Franck

  6. After booting up armbian 23.02.2 on my orange pi 4 LTS, cpu temp goes up to 95 deg celcius when stress testing (no heatsink or fan installed at all) and the device reboots shortly afterwards. I ran `armbianmonitor -m` when stress testing and found out that some of the cores are not throttling. I examined the default trip point settings coming with the image in the file /boot/dtb/rockchip/rk3399-orangepi-4-lts.dtb: trips { cpu_alert0 { temperature = <0x14c08>; hysteresis = <0x7d0>; …

  7. Started by SET,

    After some days of uptime Zram usage is 100% https://paste.armbian.com/fecegemiwe What can I do with it?

  8. Hi, Wifi stops working after some time. Output from armbianmonitor -u : https://paste.armbian.com/iqukawifes Only reboot help. In dmesg I see: [ 6793.969484] WCN: stop_loopcheck [ 6806.513278] sprdwl:[WIFI_CMD_TX_DATA]timeout [ 6806.514120] sprdwl:ctx_id:0 cmd: WIFI_CMD_TX_DATA[72] rsp timeout (mstime = 6802912), num=3304 [ 6809.589395] sprdwl:[WIFI_CMD_TX_DATA]timeout [ 6809.589823] sprdwl:ctx_id:0 cmd: WIFI_CMD_TX_DATA[72] rsp timeout (mstime = 6805981), num=3305 [ 6812.661554] sprdwl:[WIFI_CMD_TX_DATA]timeout [ 6812.661979] sprdwl:ctx_id:0 cmd: WIFI_CMD_TX_DATA[72] rsp timeout (mstime = 6809057), num=3306 [ 6812.662786] sprdwl:sprdwl_atcmd_assert…

  9. Hi I want to use the I2S GPIO output pins ( 26 pins ) on Orange Pi4 LTS to connect multi channel DAC. Is it possible to overlay some pins?

  10. Hi Team, Greetings. I am using OPi4 LTS Emmc with 16 GB version. kernel: Linux orangepi4-lts 5.15.93-rockchip64 #23.02.2 SMP PREEMPT Fri Feb 17 23:48:36 UTC 2023 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux. installed Armbian in Emmc worked like charm. Issue: I connected the SSD WD SN570 and format with nand -sata-install on Armbian to boot and use SSD boot. then I got successful msg all done and ready to reboot. once after the reboot I got this msg. then I tried root it doesn’t work and control-d comes back to same screen. Troubleshooting with a gentleman's assistance: 1. Booted wit…

  11. Hello everyone, Thank you for stopping buy and reading this thread. I have Orange Pi 4 LTS with the latest Armbian Jammy image (Armbian_23.8.1_Orangepi4-lts_jammy_current_6.1.50). But I also want to mention that I've tried the same thing on the "official" Ubuntu image from OrangePi website and it was the same. I need to decode and show RTSP video stream, h264 encoded. First of all, I've tried gstreamer with v4l2 codecs. I was using v4l2slh264dec from gst_plugins_bad. This is the only hardware codec in gstreamer for my device (at least available by default) and it worked fine until I started encountering a strange bug when my video getting stuck into 0.5-1…

  12. Hello folks! I was experimenting with all ARM images (Manjaro, Fedora, Arch, etc) i could find to test with the Orange Pi 4 LTS SBC board, and when i was about to return to armbian, it didnt boot anymore, not even from the SD card flashed with a proper image. I' currently using UART USB to TTL debug device to see whats happening with the board and it returns this: NOTE: [At the moment of this screenshot the board was with a SD card flashed with the default orange pi debian server image] Does anyone know how to reset this board and get it booting again from any ARM images? Would really appreciate any help on this…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 6.2k views
  13. Hi all, reporting a regression in new Armbian 24.2.1 kernel version. New kernel is causing Orange Pi 4 LPS not to boot most of the time, when it boots, then there is no network. Kernel hangs with oops errors on the screen, and all debugging stuff. Sorry that I did not caught any of them on my phone, but it would have been incomplete anyway. How to reproduce: Install any 24.2.1 based system on Orange Pi 4 LTS Upon first boot, you will have issues. No Ethernet network. Second boot will most likely not succeed no matter what you do and system will brick permanently, by not booting at all (no video output), or booting and then showing kernel crash. …

  14. Started by cristobalgh,

    anyone has it working???

  15. i have 2 sd cards, 32 and 16gb. on every of them i burned ubuntu xfce and debian cli using dd and armbian imager (8 total tries). none worked. board every time booted into Android which locates on 16gb internal eMMC. what should i do? i looked into manual but no luck. i dont have DC to power board while doing maskrom. maybe i can wipe emmc from itself ( boot into android 12 and destroy it)? or i noticed that when i connect board via usb type c to my mac, it still powers on, so maybe i dont even need dc power to get maskrom device? im geniue lost now, i was searching in web for solution past 3 hours

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 983 views
  16. Hello! I would like to connect orangepi-4-lts to ili9341. I have new blank Armbian. $ uname -a Linux orangepi4-lts 5.15.52-rockchip64 #22.05.4 SMP PREEMPT I did overlay based on allwinner: /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { compatible = "rockchip,rk3399"; fragment@0 { target = <&gpio1>; __overlay__ { ili9341_pins: ili9341_pins { pins = "PC7", "PD0"; function = "gpio_out", "gpio_out"; }; }; }; fragment@1 { target = <&spi1>; __overlay__ { status = "okay"; cs-gpios = <&gpio1 10 1>; ili9341: ili9341@0 { compatible = "ilitek, ili9341"; reg = <1>; pinctrl-names = "default"; …

  17. Hello comunity/maintainers, Please could anyone help me? After fesh install Debian 13 trixie Minimal (CLI) — current 6.18.44 there is no wlan0 nor hci0, only theese events in dmesg: [ 4.389072] Btrfs loaded, zoned=yes, fsverity=yes [ 4.987196] systemd[1]: systemd 257.13-1~deb13u1 running in system mode (+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +APPARMOR +IMA +IPE +SMACK +SECCOMP +GCRYPT -GNUTLS +OPENSSL +ACL +BLKID +CURL +ELFUTILS +FIDO2 +IDN2 -IDN +IPTC +KMOD +LIBCRYPTSETUP +LIBCRYPTSETUP_PLUGINS +LIBFDISK +PCRE2 +PWQUALITY +P11KIT +QRENCODE +TPM2 +BZIP2 +LZ4 +XZ +ZLIB +ZSTD +BPF_FRAMEWORK +BTF -XKBCOMMON -UTMP +SYSVINIT +LIBARCHIVE) [ 5.729379] sysfs: cannot cre…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  18. Started by eloon,

    Hi, does anyone know how to get hardware video acceleration on orange 4 lts? I've looked around and I saw that rk3399's multimedia support can be enabled using the rk3399 legacy multimedia framework. But that requires a legacy buster image, which doesn't exist for the orange pi. I've tried to compile it myself, but it seems the compile script won't allow it. Is it really impossible to compile a legacy kernel for orange pi 4 lts?

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 5.5k views
  19. New 6.x based kernels for OPI 4 LTS seems to be a hit or miss for HDMI monitors. Some work, and others especially TVs dont output video at all. Images with 5.15.x kernels dont have this issue.

  20. Hi! I have got Orange Pi 4 lts with 4 gb ram version. I made flashed sd card using Armbian-Imager using jammy_current_6.6.31 minimal. My problem is OS detects only 3gb (2.91) of 4gb. And i investigated and googled, spent more enough time to fix it but still fail. It is not likely reservation. also tried with bookworm the result is same 3gb. with noble minimal the board doesn't boot at all. what can i do to make os detect all 4 gbs. Maybe there was some similar issue before and i missed? Many thanks, appreciate any help!

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.1k views
  21. Started by Kenji,

    I create a file 98-use-serial.rules under folder /etc/udev/rules.d . But symlink not created . My purpose is to fix USB port names, As COM1 COM2 COM3 This is the content of 98-usb-serial.rules: SUBSYSTEM=="tty",ATTRS{busnum}=="1",ATTRS{devnum}=="2",SYMLINK+="COM1" SUBSYSTEM=="tty",ATTRS{busnum}=="4",ATTRS{devnum}=="2",SYMLINK+="COM2" SUBSYSTEM=="tty",ATTRS{busnum}=="5",ATTRS{devnum}=="2",SYMLINK+="COM3" I used to fix the USB port on Asus Tinker S, Khada_VIM3 , all worked fine. I have no idea why Orange Pi 4 LTD not working.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.3k views
  22. I've noticed that some system images will start the OrangePi with 4:2:2 output on HDMI instead of 4:4:4. This causes artifacts, especially when there's white text on a red background. What's the interface or method to change this? Does this have to be done via U-Boot or can it be done in userspace?

  23. I installed the image on the SD card put the games in the roms folder correctly. I don't know why I have no sound in games. put it on two different smart tv's and both are without audio in games. Has anyone here experienced this and know how to solve it?

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.8k views
  24. Hardware & OS Details: Board/SoC: SOM-RK3399 OS: Ubuntu 24.04 Base (Console tty only, no desktop GUI) Interface: DisplayPort 1.2 Alt Mode via USB Type-C (card0-DP-1) Bootloader: Image file on wiki page. Kernel cmdline: storagemedia=emmc androidboot.storagemedia=emmc androidboot.mode=normal androidboot.dtbo_idx=0 earlycon=uart8250,mmio32,0xff1a0000 swiotlb=1 coherent_pool=1m rw root=/dev/mmcblk2p8 rootfstype=ext4 rootflags=discard data=/dev/mmcblk2p9 console=ttyFIQ0 consoleblank=0 cgroup_enable=cpuset cgroup_memory=1 cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1 Issue Description: When booting the SOM with the Type-C cable pre-plugged int…

  25. Hi, I'm someone who's suffering with an unreliable pcie nvme upon booting. Apparently there was a patch for this issue. Unfortunately the whole time I've owned this device - doing a kernel update via armbian-config will just stop your device from booting and even outputting to the display. Is there a repo just with the precompiled kernels in .deb form?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.1k views
  26. Some prerequisites. Distro: Debian 12 bookworm, xfce; Board: Orange Pi 4 LTS; Screen: Samsung SyncMaster 923NW, 1440x900_60, VGA. Using hdmi to vga adapter with vga cable. Tried one piece hdmi to vga cable. Tried other all in one adapter that goes in to the screen and goes to hdmi cable. The problem. While running armbian distro screen resolution is set to be 1080p by default. Using xrandr I can not set it to suggested 900p. Every time I set any other resolution - screen turns black until I set it back to 1080p. It is not a hardware issue, because right now I am running headless Debian bullseye from orange pi and the resolution is set …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.3k views
  27. Hello community! Orange pi 4 LTS with Armbian 22.11 Jammy CLI, there is a problem with launching the screen with resolutions: 1024x600 - there is no image 1024x768 - the image is there, there are ripples 1920x1080 - everything is fine Tell me how to solve this problem. uname -a Linux orangepi4-lts 5.15.80-rockchip64 #22.11.1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 30 11:12:47 UTC 2022 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux /boot/armbianEnv.txt verbosity=1 bootlogo=false overlay_prefix=rockchip fdtfile=rockchip/rk3399-orangepi-4-lts.dtb rootdev=UUID=72cc3f82-2e76-4495-99fd-8cc46a4a21db rootfstype=ext4 usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u …

  28. I have recently purchased an Orange Pi 4 LTS and attempted to run Armbian 23.02 Cinnamon version on my board. However, I could only able to connect into the network with 2.4Ghz. Everytime when I connect to the 5Ghz Network, it failed with some authentication issues (such as WPA3). I am sorry I am new to Linux.May I ask if anyone now how can I resolve the problem?

  29. Help me out, please. Begginer

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.8k views
  30. I'm using a kernel built from sources as there's another bug which the github sources resolve. The bundled kernel with the OS image does not kernel panic. (However this image only has around a 5% chance of mounting any nvme drive) Output: Dump from 'armbianmonitor -U' https://tmpfiles.org/dl/314994/dump.txt.tar (The Armbian self-hosted system seems to be a bit moody when it wants to work)

  31. I was happy to find the Orange pi 4 armbian; it ignores raspbian an ubuntu images on sd and boots into android from its EMMC instead. The pi is an orange 4 LTS with 3gb RAM and 16gb EMMC. I have a 2tb crucial SSD attached through the usbc port. It is powered by a 4A supply through the DC port. it's purpose is to be a dedicated mythtv back end; it is wired by ethernet but also has wifi active. armbian-hardware-monitor.log is at https://paste.armbian.com/axayequliz it isn't showing up as a disk, as near as I can tell: the first is the EMMC, I believe, and the second my sandisk car…

  32. I've had an OrangePi4 LTS with a 7-inch IPS LCD HDMI jRP7007 external display for three years. Always used it with the stock OrangePi operating system: Debian Bullseye xfce (2022). I had Home Assistant installed and used a desktop client to view cameras and control lights from the touchscreen. Always looked good, and the only problem I had was that Debian didn't have power options, so I couldn't turn off the display; I had to do it manually with a button. The October Home Assistant update completely broke my H.A., it stopped running completely, and when I tried to reinstall it, it threw up errors due to broken dependencies. I tried to repair them, but nothing w…

  33. Hi all, After a restart and after a few days go by my My Orange Pi 4 LTS randomly loses its ability to make outbound network connections. I can ssh into the box, however for some reason the routing tables are empty: > ping 192.168.1.53 ping: connect: Network is unreachable > netstat -r Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface The box is connected through an ethernet cable, configured to used DHCP, but I see no IPv4 address in the interface configuration: > ifconfig eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 inet6 2a01:cb15:81c2:e5…

  34. In our testing, when attempting to use various Wi-Fi mini-PCIe/M.2 adapters from Intel and Realtek, we've encountered problem: oftentimes OS will not see PCIe device with error "PCIe link training gen1 timeout". Some days it happens only in 1/10 boots, other days it can stop working completely. After long debugging we've found that 24-pin FPC cable that connects Orangepi and official connector board (PCIE-SOCKET-OPI4-4B) does not pass PERST signal from Orangepi. Instead, it is high by default and the only way to temporarily set it to low is by pressing physical button on connector board. As far as I understand, PERST signal basically tells the connected de…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.5k views
  35. Hello, i just bought new display from orangepi. But i have problem get it work with armbian 23 jally with kernel 5.15. I try get files from orange pi os with no success. Does somebody have working dts for this type of display ? Orange Pi RK3399 10.1inch LCD Touch Screen & Display Panel screen - OP1102 DTS

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.3k views
  36. Hi I am wondering if anyone has had any luck using a mini PCIe to SATA adapter with an Orange Pi 4 LTS to attach a SATA hardrive? If yes, which adapter did you use? I would like to throw the OPi 4 LTS and a hard drive in a box and make a mini fanless NAS box. thanks

  37. Well, I am trying to flash armbian to my board, but after I run upgrade_tool ef in mistake. I can't do anything via maskrom/loader at all wherever Windows or linux. Then I try to unbrick it via flash the "MiniLoaderAll.bin" via "upgrade_tool db" and "ul" but them don't work at all(Timeouted),How can I do with it?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.