Odroid XU4
| Download Armbian OS images: | Provide logs: |
| Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu. |
Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.
|
233 topics in this forum
-
I have a new odroid XU4 that I plan to use for Home Assistant in Docker and run other services in containers. I have loaded a fresh copy of Armbian cli (fully updated) with bluetooth from armbian-config. I installed linux drivers for my usb module (rtl8761a) from the manufacturer and it comes up in "bluetoothctl" as registered and pairable. However "bluetoothd show" gives me a "D-Bus setup failed: Name already in use." I will need dbus to pass device information between my docker containers when I install docker and home assistant so this error is concerning. Any ideas on how I might resolve this error? Thank you armianmonitor url: http://ix.io/…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, i am using an Odroid Xu4 in an open Access environment and i want to disable USB Keyboards. I already tried the following: Create a file called, e.g., usbhid.conf in /etc/modprobe.d/ and add the following line: blacklist usbhid Then re-generate your initramfs with: update-initramfs -u -k $(uname -r) or, if you want to rebuild the initramfs for all installed kernel versions: update-initramfs -u -k all After you reboot, usbhid.ko will be prevented from loading. But it doesn't work for me. I Also get an Error while trying to update initramfs dirtydroid@odroidxu4:~$ sudo update-initramfs -u -k all ln: failed to create hard link …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all! I used the following armbian image to write to an SD (I'm using an old odroid HC1 btw): https://armbian.site-meganet.com/dl/odroidxu4/archive/ I used the bullseye_current image that was there. On the main download page it says that the file for Odroid XU4 is compatible with HC1, HC2 and MC1. https://www.armbian.com/odroid-xu4/ My odroid HC1 boots ok but any attempt to use the built-in ethernet port results in an instant lock-up. Only way I can "get into" the device is with a USB ethernet adapter although even just issuing a command, eg ifconfig enx001e06366b84 192.168.1.99 locks everything up - even the USB e…
-
Hi, I'm running into a problem I can't solve. On my new Odroid HC1 I'm trying to set up a SFTP with chroot, but no matter what I'm trying it doesn't work on Armbian (or OMV). Tried it multiple times with a clean Armbian (Armbian_5.59_Odroidxu4_Debian_stretch_next_4.14.66 - also tried the Bionic image) install, simply added a user, added the required lines to sshd_config but each time I get a "Broken Pipe" error. On the other side when I use the minimal Ubuntu image from Hardkernel.com the chroot SFTP works without a problem. But I would like to run Armbian. Has anybody been able to create a chroot for SFTP on a Odroid HC1/2? Could it be…
-
I got my HC2 yesterday and am quite satisfied with it. I'm using the latest Armbian Stretch release. The spin-down of my 3TB WD Red was solved by a firmware update. Unfortunately there are still some errors in the error output (journalctl -p 3). Maybe you have a hint how I can solve it: Nov 03 18:16:42 NAS kernel: CPU4: Spectre v2: incorrect context switching function, system vulnerable Nov 03 18:16:42 NAS kernel: CPU5: Spectre v2: incorrect context switching function, system vulnerable Nov 03 18:16:42 NAS kernel: CPU6: Spectre v2: incorrect context switching function, system vulnerable Nov 03 18:16:42 NAS kernel: CPU7: Spectre v2: incorrect context swit…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi Guys, I tested both the odroid official and armbian images for the XU4. Both run well, but I prefer the armbian image. I have attached my 800x480 hdmi display, it works, but there's a purple line at the left side of the display. ( I think it's one pixel wide) This is not the case with the odroid official image, so I guess it's a configuration issue. I took a look at the boot. ini file, but I don't see anything that rings a bell. Can somebody point me to the right direction?
-
I am trying to set up serial communications over the CON10 connector (UART0 pins 4,5,6,8) to another board (BeagleBone Black) to transmit data parsed as strings between the boards. Based on this link, this should correspond to /dev/ttySAC0. I have been unsuccessful in achieving communication via these pins and device node. In using setserial to probe the port settings, I was concerned about the following output: setserial /dev/ttySAC0 /dev/ttySAC0, UART: undefined, Port: 0x0000, IRQ 83 In using dmesg to probe for more information, I found an identifier for SAC0: dmesg | egrep -i 'serial|tty' [ 1.020896] [c4] 12c00000.serial: ttySAC0 at MMIO 0x12…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
I am using an odroid HC2 as home NAS for some years now. Software is armbian/XU4 in debian flavour. At the moment I am running bookworm (which was updated from buster to bullseye and then to bookworm - I know its not supported but it worked fine. And the problem described here started only some month after the last update). Some days ago I wanted to reboot the unit but it was stuck in the boot process. Not available by ssh or any other services. I then found out that the boot stopped because my hard disk could not be mounted from ftsab (while the sd card as root file system could be mounted). After commenting out the line it boots normally. And when logged in by ssh …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I recently built Armbian with Open Media Vault installed at build time. After configuring the system and wanting to make a backup image when I use Win32DiskImager to create an image it succeeds but after I plug the SD back in the board it wont boot. I recently lost power and I have the same issue of the board not booting after power is disconnected. If I make a fresh image it can boot and reboot but if I ever remove power the board will not boot into the OS. What happens when there is power loss the alive led is blinking and the HDMI outputs a black screen with a blinking cursor even when left for hours it doesn't ever stop. The SD card is readable and can vie…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm considering reinstalling OpenMediaVault using an Armbian image as the NAS performance on the current image I use is very bad (4-7 megabyte via Samba over Gigabit) and I've heard that it should be much better with Armbian. Since I have some data on my NAS that's protected with Ecryptfs, I wonder if the kernel config in a future update could be changed to include Ecrypt_fs module support. Thanks for considering making this change. All the best, Sebastian EDIT: tkaiser from the openmediavault forum took care of this. Thanks!
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
Hello I am wondering if there is a way to get the screen that comes with the OGST to work on Armbian?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
https://dl.armbian.com/odroidxu4/archive/Armbian_20.05.2_Odroidxu4_bullseye_current_5.4.41.img.xz Third link on XU4 and HC1,2 MC1 download pages are 404 not found. Building an archive for a workshop I'm doing next week and got the 404. No big deal, just wanted to make a note.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm trying to run weston on Odroid XU4, but it does not start. Seems something is wrong with GPU drivers. I have installed "Armbian 25.2.1 Bookworm Minimal" image and then installed weston via apt. Then, trying to run the weston fails with error: Date: 2025-04-13 UTC [13:47:44.248] weston 10.0.1 https://wayland.freedesktop.org Bug reports to: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/issues/ Build: 10.0.1 [13:47:44.249] Command line: weston [13:47:44.249] OS: Linux, 6.6.81-current-odroidxu4, #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Dec 30 15:59:39 UTC 2024, armv7l [13:47:44.249] Flight recorder: enabled…
-
I've seen a growing memory utilization on my Odroid HC1. It turned out that `irqbalance` is a root cause. It looks like it is a known bug Right now ` irqbalance ` get restarted once per a day to keep it small. $ grep 'resource limit' /var/log/monit.log [MSK Sep 30 21:00:56] error : 'irqbalance' mem amount of 400.0 MB matches resource limit [mem amount>400.0 MB] [MSK Oct 2 01:53:31] error : 'irqbalance' mem amount of 400.1 MB matches resource limit [mem amount>400.0 MB] [MSK Oct 3 06:46:01] error : 'irqbalance' mem amount of 400.2 MB matches resource limit [mem amount>400.0 MB] [MSK Oct 4 11:38:34] error : 'irqbalance' mem amount of …
-
Hi The problem with Odroid HC1 is that BIG cores cannot go higher than 1.50Ghz and LITTLE cores cannot go higher than 900Mhz! Why is the CPU so throttled now? This sbc can and could work at higher clock speeds without any problems. Forcing 2Ghz and 1.50Ghz via cpupower does not help... Bullseye A 23.8.27 K 6.6.31
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Can anyone help me convert an Orange Pi image to run on my new Odroid XU4 as I need it running on the older kernal ARMBIAN 5.31 stable Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS 3.4.113-sun8i The newer Kernal has a few small issues that cause a problem for my setup.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I just ran a apt-update Sunday on a project and afterwards the XU only have Black screen with blinking _ in the corner, not connecting to LAN, no ssh, etc; red led is on, blue led blinking, no new logs in /var/log. Google' the issue, and several posts points to the /boot dir - however comparing with a know good SD card, I can't see much difference in this directory - other forum post points that a /dev mount point should be changed (but not to what) I can mount the broken SD card and have the following info; /etc/armbian.txt Title: Armbian 5.73 Odroidxu4 Ubuntu bionic next Kernel: Linux 4.14.94 Build date…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hey there, I'm using an odroid xu4 with the cloudshell 2 with 2 drives in RAID1 and Armbian with Debian 9 Stretch as my OS, built via Vagrant 2 weeks ago. The /boot partition sits on a sd-card, the OS on the harddrive. I''ve copied both via dd on both devices(boot an card, rootfs on harddrive), and after the first boot it worked flawlessly, because the boot information uses the UUID, not the /dev path. After the first boot and configuration of another user and so on, I rebooted the system to let it resize the rootfs to extend it to 2TB, which is the size of the harddrive. But after this, it seems that cryptroot cannot decrypt the …
-
Is there anywhere I can find pulseaudio-equalizer or package with similar capabilities for Armbian on XU4? It appears to be out there for arm64 ...
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, playing around with the HC1 I noticed the lack of the nbd driver within this image. Because of the good documentation and the excellent build chain system I was able quickly to build a installation image solving my needs. My question: are there plans to add the settings necessary for nbd driver generation to the image build configuration ? Otherwise I would have to take care in case of armbian kernel updates. Thanks in advance, Joe62
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
i've been using armbian for a whole hour now i figure i've mastered this thing :) i loaded Armbian_25.5.1_Odroidxu4_bookworm_current_6.6.88_minimal.img on a sd and fired up an old xu4 according to the instruction the first thing to do is run armbian-config but it hangs because i don't have an interweb connection is there a way around that
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I want to make adc pcm1804(simple adc clock + i2s) work with odroid, and manage it by alsa. As I understand, I should add a codec for pcm1804, driver to work with alsa, and device tree overlay. Please, tell me where can I get an example of this, or at least smth to use as a reference ?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
armbianEnv.txt is missing from latest XU4 focal image Armbian_21.08.5_Odroidxu4_focal_current_5.4.159_minimal.img. Should I just create on or use boot.ini?
-
Please forgive me if it is a stupid question, but what is preventing us from keeping n previous kernels installed in case an update is broken and does not boot? Fedora does it, Ubuntu does too. In general it should be simpler to boot a previous kernel than to try to pull the SD card and fix it in a second machine.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
HC2 here. Two last 6.1 kernels broke alsa : hw not accessible anymore. Aplay -l lists audio outputs but none may be used. Looks like an omission on kernel flags.. Reverted to Armbian Bullseye : exact same config, but working.
-
Hi, I was unable to boot the latest flavor of armbian for odroid xu4 (Armbian_22.08.7_Odroidxu4_bullseye_current_5.4.218_minimal.img). My Odroid HC2 card shuts down quickly and no ssh connection is possible. The card stays on if the network cable is physically disconnected but stops immediately when reconnected. The /etc/default/armbian-motd configuration file seems to be at fault? it should contain something like this : PRIMARY_INTERFACE="$(ls -1 /sys/class/net/ | grep -v lo | egrep "enp|eth|enx" | head -1)" maybe not : PRIMARY_INTERFACE="$(ls -1 /sys/class/net/ | grep -v lo | egrep "en|eth ... I finally took an older image…
-
armbian-bsp-cli-odroidxu4-current is held back because base-files_25.2.2-13ubuntu10-noble_armhf does not exist (again). As before, the fix seems to be wget https://apt.armbian.org/apt/pool/noble-utils/b/base-files/base-files_25.2.2-13ubuntu10-noble_amd64__1-noble-1armbian1-Baa17-U13ubuntu10-R55fa.deb wget https://apt.armbian.org/apt/pool/noble-utils/b/base-files/base-files_25.2.2-13ubuntu10-noble_armhf__1-noble-1armbian1-Baa17-U13ubuntu10-R55fa.deb dpkg-deb -x base-files_25.2.1-13ubuntu10-noble_armhf__1-noble-1armbian1-Baa17-U13ubuntu10-R55fa.deb armhf dpkg-deb -x base-files_25.2.2-13ubuntu10-noble_amd64__1-noble-1armbian1-Baa17-U13ubuntu10-R55fa.de…
-
I decided to klipperize an old 3d printer and found some of my orange pi boards dead, so i ended up selecting my XU4 for the task. Fast forward 24 hours and i'm fighting MCU timeouts. Klipper doesn't know what happened just that the mcu stopped responding. And their knowledge base article is basically "gosh it could be anything". One seat of the pants observation i made was that the XU4 idles along at 600mhz with a load average of about 0.1 and it seemed like the load average increased maybe before the mcu stopped responding. The MCU in question is an SKR Pico, aka rp2040 with a usb connection. The mcu is not receiving power from th…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
On a fresh armbian bullseye debian install on an odroidhc2, the only change is I installed NCP through armbian softy and a reboot. My sudo account works, but if I try to sign into root it says account unavailable. How can I fix this?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A known issue with the Odroid XU4, HC1, and HC2 is that it (uboot?) does not properly park the hard disk heads before/during shutdown or power cycle/off. So, the disk drive is forced to emergency hard retract the heads when power is shutdown/cycled. This is of course a violent action for the HDD and should be avoided. Use this odroid.shutdown script and install into /lib/systemd/system-shutdown/. https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/troubleshooting/shutdown_script Recommend adding to armbian for XU4 distros.
-
I attempted to file a bug using `reportbug`, but since the kernel package is from Armbian and the report went to Debian, I assume that is a dead end. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1137721 I will mostly copy/paste from that report, here, but I also ran `armbianmonitor -u`. https://paste.armbian.com/wenegucita I run a home backup server with a 1TB SSD attached to an ODroid HC1 board. There is no redundancy, but I do keep a limited history of snapshots, taken hourly and trimmed down to a small number of hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly snapshots. There should be at most about 20 snapshots ex…
-
I recently noticed my ODroid XU4 was reporting weird temperature readings: cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp -22000 Is this a software issue or maybe hardware failing? Also, I would like to upgrade, is there another board I could just transfer my EMMC to and be up and running? Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, after upgrading my xu4 to trixie I have begun seeing the oom killer wrecking havoc! I had 1Gb of swap and have upgraded it to have 6Gb of swap but it does not seem to help. I have set vm.panic_on_oom = 1 as without this it just keeps killing tasks and then says deadlocked on memory here are 2 seperate boots of the os any help would be appreciated [ 304.195611] dnsmasq invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0xcc0(GFP_KERNEL), order=0, oom_score_adj=0 [ 304.202725] CPU: 2 PID: 1322 Comm: dnsmasq Not tainted 6.6.141-current-odroidxu4 #1 [ 304.210252] Hardware name: Samsung Exynos (Flattened Device Tree) [ 30…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-