Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orange Pi One

  1. Hi, I am new to all this and I have downloaded everything to my sd card. When I power on the board it gets stuck on "started update UTMP about system runlevel changes" and does nothing more. some images at https://imgur.com/92ZOiwD

  2. Started by Jose Fernando Babasa,

    Hi everyone I just want to ask a question, Im using Miktver 7 inch HDMI touch screen lcd and Orange Pi one. The hdmi port and touch port connects fine to the orange pi one but the touchscreen not responding, but when I connect the Miktver to my laptop the touchscreen is responding. My question is what should I do to have touchscreen response to the orange pi one? The OS that i use is android 4.4.2

  3. Seems like the OS "malfunctions" after a few hours to a couple of days. The server is still responding to Pings, but services are all down, such as SSH. Doing a power cycle would make the system available back online, until it becomes non-responsive again. Moving back to 23.11.1 solves the stability issue. To add, I'm using a couple of instances for primary and secondary PiHole DNS servers. Probably similar issue on this thread - I'm a bit of a noob, if someone can redirect me to pasting logs. Can those be found on /var/logs as I haven't explored much. I have downgraded both my OPiOnes to 23.11.1 and Frozen the Armbian firmware updates, so I c…

  4. I'm trying to connect Nokia 5110 / PCD8544 LCD to my Orange Pi One H3 (Board v1.1). This is my wiring: Connection (LCD to OPi) Nokia 5110 LCD pin Orange Pi One pin GND GND LIGHT GND VCC 3.3v CLK PC2 (CLK) DIN PC0 (MOSI) DC PA6 CE PC3 (CE) RST PA9 This is my LCD: The backlight is working upon turning on OPi One. The official Orange Pi One H3 manual suggests…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 1.8k views
  5. Started by Set3,

    Hi, since a few weeks I get these errors in multiple Orange pi-s unattended-upgrades-dpkg.log:3:E:Sub-process /usr/lib/armbian/armbian-live-patch apt returned an error code (127), E:Failure running script /usr/lib/armbian/armbian-live-patch apt unattended-upgrades.log:7:2024-04-11 11:00:58,211 ERROR Installing the upgrades failed! I have a local repos for debian and armbian, and the Orange pi-s have no internet access. Has been working fine in the past years Did a fresh install having internet access : ok Armbian_24.2.1_Orangepione_bookworm_current_6.6.16.img.xz then changed to offline, using my local repos …

  6. Started by Stephen Graf,

    @Igor What is the status of the orangepione? On the download page there are no images presented yet in the build framework is shows up as "conf" in the support (1st) page.

  7. Hello, I‘m recently updated to Armbian 24.2.1 Bookworm with Linux 6.6.16-current-sunxi. The system is running fine but if I disconnect the network interface, the system gets stuck in kind of a dead loop. This behavior gave me the hint that my WiFi repeater is broken and needs to be exchanged. Anyway, the CPU temperature rises and no further interaction with the system is possible. If I disconnect it, from a normal operating switch, the OpiOne’s behavior looks the same. My problem with this behavior is that after reconnecting the network, it does not get back available, until I do a power cycle. I tried to read …

  8. a device hooked up on the microusb OTG port does not power up anymore (webcam, used to work a long time ago then I did system update but did not configure the webcam again, until now...) bruno@orangepione:~$ sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio [sudo] password for bruno: gpiochip0: GPIOs 0-223, parent: platform/1c20800.pinctrl, 1c20800.pinctrl: gpio-15 ( |orangepi:red:status ) out lo gpio-166 ( |cd ) in lo ACTIVE LOW gpio-204 ( |usb0_id_det ) in lo IRQ gpiochip1: GPIOs 352-383, parent: platform/1f02c00.pinctrl, 1f02c00.pinctrl: gpio-354 ( |us…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 3.9k views
  9. The Linux kernel contained in the latest "linux-image-legacy-sunxi" (version 24.5.1) package appears to broken to the point of locking-up right from the start. It prints "Starting kernel ...", and no more messages appear even with "verbosity=7" set in the "armbianEnv.txt". The "linux-image-legacy-sunxi" version 24.2.1 boots just fine. Here are the steps to reproduce the problem. I've done this on "Orange Pi One" board, but exactly the same issue occurs on (community maintained) Banana Pi M1. 1. Download and write the Armbian image to a MicroSD card. 2. Connect the serial console, boot the board, finish setup, do all the upgrades: everything works fin…

  10. Hi everyone, I’m trying to get a 3.5-inch RPi display with the XPT2046 touch controller (480x320 resolution) to work on my Orange Pi One (H3). I’ve been looking for guides, but most of them are Raspberry Pi-specific and not directly applicable to the Orange Pi. Here’s what I’ve tried so far: Installed Armbian on the Orange Pi One. Connected the display via the SPI interface. Installed fbtft and tried different configurations for the screen. However, I haven’t been able to get the display to show anything or to interact with the touch input. Does anyone have experience using this specific setup? What drivers or overlays shou…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 10.6k views
  11. Started by bschwand,

    Hi all, I am trying to get an OV5640 camera working on the orangePiOne. I found this thread and was wondering if the overlay (or some overlay) is still required. Without anything extra, the camera is not detected. It says that sun6i-csi and ov5640 kernel modules should be loaded, so I loaded them manually with modprobe but nothing happens and nothing is shown in dmesg. Adding the mentioned overlay with "sudo armbian-add-overlay csi-ov5640.dts" just gives me an error in dmesg at reboot time "failed on fdt_overlay_apply(): FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND Error applying DT overlays, restoring original DT" uname -a Linux orangepione2 6…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.2k views
  12. Hey, in lieu of a better place on the internet, I just wanted to document that the i2s overlay found here: https://gist.github.com/zuigon/65bfb73bb8a3f971774f80d3e2954adb works flawlessly with Armbian 23.08.0-trunk Bookworm with bleeding edge Linux 6.4.2-sunxi. after executing the script my PCM 5102 DAC works like a charm.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 5k views
  13. Hi! Now that the camera interface has been merged in mainline Kernel, I would like to try to use the OrangePi OV5640 camera module on my OrangePi One. So with the latest Armbian Bionic (20.02.1, kernel 5.4.20), I have been trying to get a device tree overlay. But for now, it fails to compile with: $ sudo armbian-add-overlay sun8i-h3-csi.dts Compiling the overlay Error: sun8i-h3-csi.dts:27.23-24 syntax error FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree Error compiling the overlay My current overlay looks like this: /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { compatible = "allwinner,sun8i-h3"; fragment@0 { target = <&pio>; __overlay__ { …

  14. i have a alfa awus036acm wireless adapter install on my orange pi one with armbian jammy installed. my awus036acm adapter is not recognised , when i type iwconfig it's say no wireless extension is there possible way to make it work?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.9k views
  15. Started by ER Samson,

    Currently using Armbian as a PiHole DNS server, it seems that after a few days the server just shuts itself down (Armbian 25.5.1 Noble 6.12). Not sure if it is a hardware related issue, I'll do some more tests and revert back to 25.2.2 Bookworm for now and see if the issue is replicated. Please note that my primary Armbian PiHole DNS does not encounter the same issue, though the version of it is Noble v25.2.3 / 6.12.30.

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 4.3k views
  16. Started by IgorS,

    With new python based build system there is error compiling headers while installing headers deb. Im not sure is it because of new build system or the problem is in 6.1.15 kernel branch. My compile command was: ./compile.sh BOARD=orangepione BRANCH=current BUILD_MINIMAL=no BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_ONLY=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no COMPRESS_OUTPUTIMAGE=sha,img SKIP_EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAINS=no BUILD_KSRC=no PRIVATE_CCACHE=yes RELEASE=bionic ARTIFACT_IGNORE_CACHE=yes BUILD_KSRC=yes KERNEL_GIT=full While installing i got: igor@honeypot:~/trash/debs$ ls -1 armbian-config_23.05.0-trunk_all.deb armbian-firmware_1-SA56ad-Bf566_all.deb linux-dtb-c…

  17. Hello, I found this guide: https://github.com/robertojguerra/orangepi-zero-full-setup/blob/main/README2.md I followed the steps and built an Armbian image with current 6.12 kernel and now TV OUT (CVBS, Composite Video), after soldering a cable to the video pin on the board, is working on my Orange Pi One with an Allwinner H3 CPU (the patches might work for other H3/H2+ boards). I would like to get that functionality incorporated into Armbian.

  18. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    In the latest update,kenel 6.10.9 changes the layout of dtb overlays , all dtbo in one single folder, no “/boot/dtb/allwinner/overlay” folder. Is it a new feather?

    • Reputation Points

    • 12 replies
    • 6.7k views
  19. Started by HV17,

    Hello, Ive setup ssh and did some stuff on my OrangePi, when i came back and plugged my phone into power hub my OrangePi was connected to, it restarted and stopped at disk manager, i restarted it and it gave lots of failed messages, i restarted and it didnt work anymore :( it only gives yellow ethernet led and nothing else, i also reflashed sd card because it got all partitions gone after that incident Please help!!!

  20. Hi, I have 2 OPi1 that I want to use for some test projects. One project consist just on PiHole, the other one on Tailscale. Since with newer kernel I have high temperature on idle (like 70°C) can you advice me an old version that maybe has a "better" thermal management? Thank you so much, if I'm saying something stupid please tell me, maybe I just need to tune something like disable hdmi, gpu etc...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.