Radxa Rock 5C
25 topics in this forum
-
Board : radxa rock 5c lite with NVMe HAT and SPI Flash Module. OS : Armbian 25.11.2 stable 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx (Debian trixie) Overlays : rock-5a-spi-nor-flash SPI Flash is on /dev/mtdblock0 Boot from SD : OK Boot from SD system on NVMe : OK ---- I want to boot from Flash, so I tried `Install/Update the bootloader on MTD Flash` menu on `armbian-config'. Then I got this message. No SPI image found. I also updated SPI with `rsetup` from Radxa OS, but it does not work(boot from NVMe failed) either. What do I have to do?
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi! The board gets unnormally hot with when i attach the 2.5G Router Hat. (Powered though the HAT) I tried vendor and edge kernel. Same result. Using the radxa image, its significantly cooler. First look through dts i cannot find any problem. Maybe someone has a better understanding? Thanks Jakob
-
Hello, I have experimented with a Realtek USB 2.5Gbe USB Ethernet dongle and find that it works fine with the vendor kernel but not with kernels 6.12.x or 6.18.y. I have included an iperf3 example below, you can see that the dongle manages a few runs at high speed before it quietly fails and seizes up. I use a number of these dongles and they tend to work fine on other set-ups. Any thoughts about a resolution? dmesg output: [Tue Mar 17 11:37:00 2026] usb 2-1: new SuperSpeed USB device number 2 using xhci-hcd [Tue Mar 17 11:37:00 2026] usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0bda, idProduct=8156, bcdDevice=31.00 […
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2k views
-
-
I have a RK3588 (Radxa Rock 5C) system running Armbian Debian Trixie. I have the heatsink and the fan installed as well. I set the fan PWM to 255 as soon as temperature reaches 50 degrees via a systemd service. When using all 8 cores, the system overheats (>110 degrees) and eventually shuts down. For example, when compiling ffmpeg, it works fine with 'make -j6', but 'make -j8' results in a shutdown before compilation is complete. Likewise I had thermal issues when using llama.cpp. Shouldn't the OS throttle the CPU when temperature reaches high levels? I think that is not happening at the moment. Online search referred me to cpufrequtils to …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi I dd the Armbian_25.11.1_Rock-5c_trixie_current_6.12.58_minimal.img to a SD card (/dev/sdc) and then run a fsck -f /dev/sdc1 and got errors: sudo fsck -f /dev/sdc1 fsck from util-linux 2.39.3 e2fsck 1.47.0 (5-Feb-2023) Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes Pass 2: Checking directory structure Entry '.' in ??? (1065) is duplicate '.' entry. Fix<y>? .... Tried few SD cards, same result. Tried those SD cards with other images, i.e. Armbian_24.8.4_Rock-5c_bookworm_vendor_6.1.75_minimal.img no problems. Could anybody verify this behavior? Thanks Chris Armbian_25.11.1_Rock-5c_trixie_vendor_6.1.115_minimal.img i…
-
Hi Installed Armbian_25.11.1_Rock-5c_trixie_current_6.12.58_minimal.img and one of the USB-3 port, the top one, doesn't work. No reaction when inserting something, nothing in /var/log/syslog. The same with Armbian_25.11.1_Rock-5c_noble_current_6.12.58_minimal.img The Armbian_25.11.1_Rock-5c_trixie_vendor_6.1.115_minimal.img however is OK. What could be the cause of this problem? Thanks and regards, Chris
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi I am looking for a low power, fanless, solution for a Debian server with a single large 3.5" SATA drive. I don't want to boot from the SATA so I guess I'd buy an eMMC module as well. Currently I have an Orange Pi4 LTS with a weird expansion board and a generic Mini PCIe to SATA, but it isn't stable enough. Given that the Rock 5C has platinum support and works with the Penta SATA hat I'm wondering if it might be more reliable? thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Starting today Oct 27 2025 I'm not able to upgrade armbian on Radxa 5C for any version from 6.12 and up with the multiple exceptions like this: Err:6 http://apt.armbian.com trixie/main arm64 armbian-plymouth-theme all 25.8.2 Hash Sum mismatch Hashes of expected file: - SHA512:718d46957b9e9940ba7569761069864c46b07bd5570db462894b81d2730803dc9f9b0618ed45104c6357b92ddf00600a9664b93bd3eaca8c453b4724ba495688 - SHA256:3ee8733f28c38f66f3a1328c93bf75d00416f8e2d1e7a5c91f4727489d7c1b00 - SHA1:2ad501942596de1a53e9339284635a712346a245 [weak] - MD5Sum:a7dc1e7a3ff05af314e49c0b841ce240 [weak] - Filesize:112140 [weak] Hashes of received fil…
-
Hello, I'm trying to connect a MIPI DSI display. Currently, backlight is working, but not the display in Armbian (Armbian 25.5.1 Noble Gnome). DTS is loaded and corresponding kernel module panel-simple-dsi is loaded as well. Same DTS works on the official Radxa 5c image (rock-5c_bookworm_kde_b2) (kernel 6.1.43-15) Has anyone faced a similar issue? armbianmonitor -u : https://paste.armbian.com/ocoperohak.yaml Thanks!
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
New Rock 5C work everything fine on Armbian 24 - bookworm stable release but only issue is that Wifi is not working on all stable release except Daily / Rolling releases. It seemed like something is misconfigure about wifi driver. You can see that I tested on both kernel 6.1.43 (stable) and latest edge and it's not working. But this daily release work like charm.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 6.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Is there any trick to make use of the integrated fan on Radxa 25W PoE Hat? I'm using 4GB Radxa Rock 5C Lite Armbian_25.5.1_Rock-5c_bookworm_vendor_6.1.115_minimal Some guides mention that one should enable an overlay. I didn't find any relevant overlays in armbian-config. In the Radxa repo I found rock-5a-radxa-25w-poe.dts which specifies that it's also compatible with Rock 5C. I've compiled it and enabled it, but by default the fan is not spinning (on high temps) and I'm not sure how to investigate that. Also, does it matter that I have 5C Lite? As it has another chip: RK3582
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I just tested the latest, 2025 May, built image with default/recommended options and there are some missing features. Here is what I have tested: LAN yes WiFi yes BT yes USB3 *partly, some devices are not detected at all, some will take a few minutes before detected* GPU Mali-G610 (Panfrost) HDMI audio *no* Fan control yes temp. sensor htop *no* Temp. sensor Gnome *no* Other: some cursor graphic glitches Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_Rock-5c_noble_current_6.12.28_gnome_desktop.img Any ideas on how to get more features supported?
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 5k views
-
-
Hi I installed https://dl.armbian.com/rock-5c/Bookworm_current_minimal-homeassistant, configured it to my liking (OS on a mirrored ZFS pool) to discover there is no WiFi, no Bluetooth. It's now kernel 6.12.17-current-rockchip64. Anybody managed to get WiFi and BT working with this kernel? Thanks, Chris
-
I'm having an issue where the prebuilt images dowloaded from https://www.armbian.com/radxa-rock-5c/ (released on Oct 12, 2024) works fine, including WiFi connectivity, even after reboots, but the moment I updgrade the packages (apt update && apt upgrade) and reboot the system, the WiFi network interface (wlan0) simply disappears and can I no longer search or connect to any wireless network.I've flashed both Bookworm Minimal/IOT and Server/CLI Bookworm, e the issue always occur after upgradin packages. the wlan0 does not appear on iwctl neither ip address commands, but the device (AIC Wlan) still appears on lsusb command: $ lsusb Bus 004 Device 001: …
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 11.6k views
-
-
After working in the ssh session for a while, the message suddenly appears: Broadcast message from user@rock-5c (Wed 2025-02-26 11:08:02 CET): The system will suspend now! Judging by the entries of journalctl, suspend is triggered in the kernel, not in systemd $ journalctl -b | grep -i suspend Feb 26 11:00:29 rock-5c kernel: rk806 spi2.0: dvs-suspend-control-by missing! Feb 26 11:00:29 rock-5c kernel: rockchip-dmc dmc: suspend_rate = 528000000 Feb 26 11:00:29 rock-5c kernel: rockchip-dmc dmc: deep_suspend_rate = 2112000000 Feb 26 11:00:29 rock-5c kernel: rockchip-pm rockchip-suspend: not set pwm-regulator-config Feb 26 11:00:29 rock-5…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I compiled Armbian Rock-5c bookworm vendor 6.1.99 minimal. WiFi driver extension radxa-aic8800.sh breaks Rock 5C vendor (kernel 6.1.99) boot. I compiled without the extension to confirm. The radxa-aic8800 driver has recently been modified in the download source. I modified radxa-aic8800.sh to download the previous driver version "3.0+git20240327.3561b08f-2" and this does not fix the issue. Ref: Jira AR-2603 Logs attached. Any fix or insight would be good. @amazingfate is this something that you might have ideas about? armbian-hardware-monitor.log rock5c-debug.log
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 7.8k views
-
-
Hi, I bought a Rock 5C with the official fan/heatsink: https://radxa.com/products/accessories/heatsink-6540b/ After installing the Armbian server image, I ran these two commands: ```bash ls /sys/class/thermal/cooling_device*/type cat /sys/class/thermal/cooling_device*/type ``` and found that there is no `pwm-fan`. Then I installed the official Radxa Debian image and ran these two commands again. `pwm-fan` exists and I can make it starts spinning by running: ```bash echo 255 | sudo tee /sys/devices/platform/pwm-fan/hwmon/hwmon*/pwm1 ``` Is the fan module supported in Armbian? If yes, ho…
-
I'm booting it from Armbian_24.11.1_Rock-5c_bookworm_vendor_6.1.75_minimal.img.xz image from a SD card. When launching `armbian-install`, there's only one option: (5) - Install to SD card I would like to install the bootloader to the SPI flash module but the option is not present. Furthermore it seems that my SPI module isn't detected either when running ls /dev/mtd* -> no mtdblock I decided to move on and I flashed https://dl.radxa.com/rock5/5c/images/loader/spi/rock-5c-spi-image-20240528.img to my 5C lite SPI flash module. However, there's no display and both LEDs are lighted up (green and blue) without blinki…
-
Hello, I'm identifying myself has a newbie concerning linux. After some time I reboot my rock5c and it is not booting anymore. Here is what I've done initially: I bought a rock 5c and a penta sata hat. -I installed Armbian_24.5.1_Rock-5c_bookworm_edge_6.8.10_minimal. -I installed OMV (configure some samba shared folder) -I installed ZFS (for that I needed linux headers that I found online because there were not included) -I create a ZFS pull with two SSD. -I installed immich and setup a cloudflare tunel to use it. -I installed plex media server. That's pretty much all I have setup on my SBC. I've done apt upgrade multiple time &…
-
Hi, I am running the latest Armbian image with Noble + GNOME for the Rock 5C. I have build it using the `compile.sh` script without altering the kernel, desktop enabled, based on Noble, with GNOME, no applications, no extensions. Added the kisak PPA repo afterwards and enabled the panthor overlay for hardware acceleration. Should be close to the `Armbian_24.11.1_Rock-5c_noble_vendor_6.1.75_gnome-kisak_desktop.img` image, I think. With Chromium (few tabs), VSCodium (working on some code) and a couple of terminals open, things were crashing all the time. Here is a reproducable example with Chromium, when navigating t…
-
I am trying to boot my Rock 5C Lite from an NVME drive, but have experienced some problems with the vendor kernel. I followed instructions by amazingfate in this forum to create a small SD card with a u-boot image, ie I created a complete Armbian image (vendor kernel) on an SD card too boot up the Rock 5c Lite A second, small capacity SD card was inserted into the USB port using a USB adapter U-boot was transferred from /usr/lib/linux-u-boot-*/ to the small SD card: dd if=./idbloader.img of=/dev/sda seek=64 conv=notrunc status=progress dd if=./u-boot.itb of=/dev/sda seek=16384 conv=notrunc status=progress …
-
Login, type "sudo armbianmonitor -u" and copy the URL here. the command failed with the following error : /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: ligne 976: iostat : commande introuvable img used : Armbian_24.8.4_Rock-5c_bookworm_vendor_6.1.75-omv_minimal.img.xz hardware : https://docs.radxa.com/en/accessories/penta-sata-hat https://docs.radxa.com/en/rock5/rock5c 4 ssd samasung evo 870 The image works perfectly when flashed on a SD card and booting from the SD card, the Radxa pentaHat works, the disk are powered (green led for the hat, blue led per each disk). However, when the image is flashed on emmc, the OS boot normaly but the pentaHat does…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 8.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have 2 5C Lite boards a 2Gb and 4Gb version, neither have HDMI output with any stock images either from armbian or radxa. Thru desperation I found an Android image that booted and had screen output, so the HDMI works atleast. After stuffing around I found that the u-boot image extracted from the Rock-5D t2(rsdk) and injected into Rock-5C b1(rsdk) Bookworm_kde image boots and has working screen. Longer story short, getting Armbian 24.11 to work... Narrowed it down from replacing the entire u-boot.itb, I can get a working desktop with kernel version 5.10 Bookworm by removing the rng@fe378000 trngvl section (enabled mali400/bifrost driver in ke…
-
Is it possible to switch on H264 encoding HW acceleration in chromium browser for WebRTC? I need to send two 2560x720 streams to server from radxa 5c Thanks
-
I tested some stable armbian images. I want to use the Rock 5C as server, so no desktop is needed. Ubuntu is prefered. First I flashed `Armbian_24.5.1_Rock-5c_noble_vendor_6.1.43.img.xz` wich doesn't work. Log from first boot is attached at the bottom. Second I flashed `Armbian_24.5.1_Rock-5c_noble_edge_6.8.10.img.xz` wich is working well. SSH comes up as usual. Would be nice to use the vendor kernel (6.1.43) instead of the bleeding edge (6.8.10) one, because it is not reccommend and not all features are working. I OCR a screenshot from first boot with `Armbian_24.5.1_Rock-5c_noble_vendor_6.1.43.img.xz` Welcome to Armbian 24.5.1 noble!…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 6.1k views
- 3 followers
-