Radxa Rock 5 ITX
22 topics in this forum
-
I installed Debian 12 (Bookworm)XFCE from the official Armbian website onto the NVME SSD of the board. Everything works fine except the 4 hard drives that are connected to boards SATA connectors. They do appear and work when i boot into the Debian provided by Radxa, so I know hardware isn't an issue. I think that they also worked during the very first boot of the system but after ``` apt update && apt upgrade ``` and reboot, they stop working. Any advice would be much appreciated. ``` rock-5-itx:~$ lsblk NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTS mtdblock0 31:0 0 16M 0 disk mmcblk0 179:0 0…
-
Reputation Points
- 97 replies
- 39.4k views
- 8 followers
-
-
hi there, I'm a complete Linux noob so please forgive my ignorance. But I do have 25+ years experience in IT so am relatively conversant with basic principles - so please be patient I did try to search for any previous threads but couldn't find any. I'm trying to setup a RADXA Rock 5 ITX with OpenMediaVault for my NAS. I have a 2TB NVMe m.2 SSD that I'll use for the OS. For the NAS storage I'm using 4x Western Digital 16TB SATA III drives. I downloaded the Armbian 25.2.2 bootable image from https://www.armbian.com/radxa-rock-5-itx/ and used Balena Etcher (the legit version from Balena-io) to make my bootable microSD card. …
-
Reputation Points
- 18 replies
- 10.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I can not get the back panel audio working, the HDMI analog audio to my display works, but changing the output to Analog out is not working. Any suggestions as to where I can start to troubleshoot? Thanks!
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Has anyone made (or bought!) an adapter that takes the 3 pin TTL-level console port and converts it to a DB9 or RJ45 port that can mount in a PCI bracket? If so, what did you use? And what port did you use to power it as the console port does not provide a 3.3V or 5.5V pin for power (there is a pin labeled "RSV" which seems to supply 5V and may be usable but I don't know its capabilities). I've done this before for other systems using these without too much trouble but when I tried with this board it's not working. Admittedly I haven't hooked it up to a scope to look at the signals, but I'm suspicious of the high baudrate being to blame. I have a couple USB ad…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, here with a Radxa Rock 5 ITX I experience endless loading at reboot after some system upgrades... But not always. Am I doing something wrong by using the command reboot from ssh ? instead of shutdown and power up ? In that case the system loads to rescue mode, asking for the root password and even if entered correctly does not identify. All comes back to working state with a shutdown and a reboot. Notice : I've made a donation to support the team. Please help.
-
Hello, After 5 years of loyal service, my Helios64 SBC just died on me last night. Would a Radxa Rock5 ITX+ and a M.2 to Hexa SATA Adapter could be a good drop in replacement to reuse the case? Both are Mini-ITX so it would fit. I know I would lose the front panel lights and power/reset button, and I would need to cut the back panel to fit the I/O shield but these are minor problems. What I am more concerned with, is if it is at all possible to power the 5 HDD from the radxa board (as the Helios 64 board didi). Helios engineers had made it possible to do it with minimum power, mainly by starting up the drives sequentially. …
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. I want to try UEFI boot on this board. And I have one question. Can I use Rockchip vendor kernel with Armbian UEFI?
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 7.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Yesterday I was happy to see the new and fresh Armbian release for the Rock 5 ITX after about 1 year from the last update. I also tried the Armbian Imager and the SD creation was very easy and smooth. I selected the recommended release based on Ubuntu 24.04 + Gnome desktop. Unfortunately when the desktop was about to start, everything when black, stucked and zero interface. On the other hand, the OS is alive and I can connect remotely via SSH. Did anyone have the same problem? Possible solution? [EDIT]. sudo systemctl restart gdm and desktop pops up. Restarting the system, black again.
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 3.5k views
-
-
Armbian_25.2.2_Rock-5-itx_noble_vendor_6.1.99_gnome_desktop.img.xz I first tried this, as it was the first version offered at the top of the page. No matter what I tried, sound would *not* work. Not speakers, not HDMI, nada, zip. I then started trying earlier versions further down the page. Armbian_25.2.2_Rock-5-itx_bookworm_vendor_6.1.99_cinnamon-backported-mesa_desktop.img.xz And this one, sound *did* work, at least through the speaker jack anyway, but I suspect HDMI would too. I'm really suspecting something kernel related is going here (that "Rockchip BSP" note right above it makes me suspect that). In any case, I'd like…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
Hi there, I wanted to know if anyone know if there are any power limits from the SATA power ports, the question is can you power 1 or more 3.5" NAS disks at the same time? Or as a precaution, I take power from the PSU? Thanks, Dany
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I'm quite new to SBC and linux. On one hand I'm learning a lot, but on the other hand I'm struggling to make it work as I would like. I already have a low performance Zimaboard (just 2GB Ram) that I use as a NAS and I want the ROCK 5 ITX 8GB to be used as a general purpose apps server for home automation, streaming music, listening music, etc. One of my use case I'm playing with is the following: 1) music files are on the NAS 2) Music files are played from the Rock5 ITx via the speakers plugged into the headphone jack, 3) The music player is controlled remotely using Lyrion Music Server + Squeezelite. I've already tested t…
-
Hi, I am wanting to try running OPNsense under proxmox, but before that I wanted to setup the type-C port as a management port. I have added g_cdc in /etc/modules to load the kernel module and if I run a vendor kernel, it works fine. I plug my laptop in to the boards type-C port and it shows up as an ethernet adapter and I can SSH directly to the Rock 5 ITX. I however would like to use a mainline kernel instead as it generally runs better thanks to the amazing work of the community here. Running 6.12, this same functionality does not work and nothing appears in the network adapters on my laptop when plugging in. Looking on mainline-status, I see that the typ…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, this week my Rock 5 ITX+ board arrived and I started installing Armbian with vendor kernel (now on 6.1.99-vendor-rk35xx). This board has slightly different hardware than the original ITX. It has two M.2 M-key (2-lanes) instead of one M.2 M-key and four SATA ports. I think because of the different hardware configuration the DTB has to be changed as no SATA controller is present on the board. With the ITX DTB I am experiencing problems with not regonizing NVME disks when activating ASPM in armbianEnv.txt. I have no experience in editing DTBs or applying patches, so I need help to figure out what to do to make things work. …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear all, I got myself an Radxa Rock 5 ITX+ as I thought I'd saw that this board had premium support. After it arrived, I saw that only the ITX (non-plus) variant had premium support, which since latest Armbian release some days ago seems to has been downgraded to standard support. I cleared both the eMMC and SPI flash to make sure the preinstalled OS were gone and would not interfere with the boot up process. Then I built myself a latest image with trixie and vendor kernel but I realized that (after booting from sdcard successfully), the Nvme was never picked up. The ITX+ has two M.2 full-size slots instead of only one - and is missing th…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I had this plan on utilizing the Radxa Rock 5 ITX+ as a Moonlight client device to stream games from my desktop computer to my living room TV, and using my 8BitDo Ultimate controller to play. On paper, the board has all the bells and whistles needed to do it, but I am having trouble getting hardware decoding of H264 and/or HEVC to work as expected. From what I gather, I need mesa-vpu support, but the documentation I find is very scattered, and repositories that once held the needed resources are no longer available. I am currently running Armbian_25.DBhsHKsx.2.2_Rock-5-itx_bookworm_vendor_6.1.99_cinnamon-backported-mesa_desktop.img (build date 21st of February, 2025), dow…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The HDMI0(Port next to Headphone Jack) is driven by DP1 on rk3588 via RA620(a dp2hdmi converter). https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip?h=v6.18&id=07c53a9e970712b1a479dd0ec4adfe184482c22f ROCKCHIP_DW_DP is needed in order to have working 2nd HDMI port. In menuconfig : Device Drivers ---> Direct Rendering Manager (XFree86 4.Graphics support ---> 1.0 and higher DRI support) ---> Rockchip specific extensions for Synopsys DW DP <pre> │ CONFIG_ROCKCHIP_DW_DP: …
-
I got a 6.1 noble minimal image installed with a latest kubuntu update to KDE 6. Was quite some work to get this all working. But some thing aren't working (e.g. audio?). 6.12 and later supports a range more peripherals. I tried the non-vendor images but no go. How do I install one of those? (Not using ROOBI, I hacked this to use my own)
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I am currently using rock-5-itx to setup a NAS. Everything is working fine. uname -a: Linux amberbyte 6.1.75-vendor-rk35xx #1 SMP Thu Nov 28 03:16:11 UTC 2024 aarch64 GNU/Linux Now, I wanted to update RKNPU version from 0.9.7 to 0.9.8. So, again I recompiled the image with the updated drivers. Using Pi-imager flashed it onto an SD card. When I tried to boot I am getting the following error message from the serial output: ./compile.sh build BOARD=rock-5-itx BRANCH=vendor BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=yes EXPERT=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=yes RELEASE=bookworm DDR 9fffbe1e78 cym 24/02/04-10:09:20,fwver: v1.16 LPDDR5, 2400MHz channel[0] BW…
-
If any of you have experienced skipping and popping when seeking with vlc, you can try setting the audio sink to ALSA and one of the rockchip-es8316 options. That will smooth out the audio playback BUT you will quickly discover that anything pulseaudio related is locked out of using the soundcard while vlc is up. Instead, try this. Set vlc audio back to pulseaudio (or automatic, seems to map to the same thing) and then change these two lines in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf: -; default-sample-rate = 44100 -; alternate-sample-rate = 48000 +default-sample-rate = 48000 +alternate-sample-rate = 44100 Restart pulseaudio with systemctl --user …
-
Hello I built the core minimal image successfully a few times while I was experimenting with kernel config options and then finally when I enabled all the settings I wanted somehow a different component of the build process started failing repeatedly since last few days: Why is this happening. All I did was edit linux-rockchip-rk3588-edge.config and symlink linux-rockchip-rk3588-current.config -> linux-rockchip-rk3588-edge.config
-
Hello Everytime I reboot I have to wait many minutes before the NIC auto-negotiates and connects. The problem seems to be at the PHY layer as the LED does not light up at all ... see time span between 23:22:20 and 23:23:52 : Why is this happening? Only enP3p49s0 is plugged in and NetworkManager-wait-online.service is disabled. Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 625 views
-
-
Hello! I'm new to this forum but i follow the SBC comunity for a long time. I have a Pine 64, a bunch of raspberryies, 2 nanopies and some "japanese" arm64 tablet. Now i have bought a Radxa 5 Mini-ITX and i'm very happy with it. I was capable to compile ffmpeg with the rockchip extensions and exploit the RK3588 VPU and the NPU with face recognition. Now i was testing the HDMI Input of the board and unfortunaly discovered that the video is capturing just fine but i'm out of luck with the audio side. On the kernel 6.1.115 (last BSP at the moment i think) the recording device of the audio input is not visible in arecode -l This is what i see: **** List…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-