Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Odroid XU4

Download Armbian OS images: Provide logs:
Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu.

Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.

 

  1. Started by LimaBR,

    Guys, how can I install Mali's X11 userspace driver for desktop, web browser and video hardware acceleration Thanks in advance.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.7k views
  2. Hi, I lose hdmi output if I unplug the hdmi cable and plug it again .. I can still access the odroid via ssh.. Any help is greatly appreciated !

  3. Hi All! I was wondering if there is a proper way to deploy a freshly built armbian for Odroid XU4 on an eMMC? Unfortunately, the SD-Card version doesn't seem to work with the eMMC. After searching for this topic I couldn't find anythin in particular related to Odroid. Thanks, Viktor

  4. hello, during ansible-fact-gathering following errors are logged. no instability has been noticed. uname -a Linux nas 4.9.46-odroidxu4 #10 SMP PREEMPT Fri Sep 1 05:29:13 PDT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux Sep 06 15:02:36 nas ansible-setup[28480]: Invoked with filter=* gather_subset=['all'] fact_path=/etc/ansible/facts.d gather_timeout=10 Sep 06 15:02:37 nas kernel: Unhandled fault: asynchronous external abort (0x1211) at 0x00000000 Sep 06 15:02:37 nas kernel: pgd = e69ccc80 Sep 06 15:02:37 nas kernel: [00000000] *pgd=42c04003, *pmd=00000000 Sep 06 15:02:37 nas kernel: Unhandled fault: asynchronous external abort (0x1211) at 0x00000000 Sep 06 15:02:37 nas kernel: pg…

  5. Hi, Tried searching on docs.armbian.com and the forums but got more confused than anything else. I just installed legacy armbian on my xu4 and the only thing missing is proper video decoding ( vlc won't show any image and mplayer complains that my configuration is too slow ). Could somebody point me to a tutorial on how to enable hardware ( mali t628 ) video decoding ? Thanks for your help !

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 5k views
  6. Started by silverplate,

    after installing armbian on my odroid-xu4-box and about one hour later the screen was going black. But I was not able to get back the running X-Session. So I rebootet as first and as next step I disabled the xdg-screensaver to off, but with no succes - the screen goes black again and neither a moving of the mouse nor a touch the keyboard brings the screan back to activity. So - now what can I do here ? The same behavior appears, if I switch off the screen, if I wanna make a pause for some times. After controlling the xdg-screensaver status I get "off". So it seems, that no screensver is active and running. Which process produces this behavior ? Hope anyone …

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4k views
  7. Started by chrisf,

    I see the download page says there are USB 3 issues with the mainline kernel (and eMMC, which the board doesn't even have?) and serial console for legacy kernel is broken. I've also read that HMP isn't supported on mainline either. Which kernel is recommended for general mini server usage with an attached hard drive and the OS installed on the hard drive with SD only for boot? I'm thinking of replacing my old cubietruck with it, running nginx as an SSL web proxy and a little bit of web serving.

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 5.6k views
  8. Hello Everyone, As @tkaiser is probably aware from the hardkernel forum, I'm having issues with USB/SMART and OMV. Basically, USB resets whenever SMART data is pulled from OMV's web interface, it works fine if I manually do it in shell. Here is some info. http://sprunge.us/HdbK I was proposed to update smartmontools to 6.5, but there are library dependencies that are missing. If any of you fine folks have any ideas as to what could be causing it, I would be grateful. Thank you

  9. Started by James Kingdon,

    Hi. My dtb skills seem to be lacking, so I'm seeking guidance I'm running Armbian 5.27 from the sd card, kernel is 4.9.20-26 after an Apr 10 update. /boot has the following dtbs: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 60782 Apr 10 21:29 exynos5422-odroidxu3.dtb -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 60031 Apr 10 21:29 exynos5422-odroidxu3-lite.dtb -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 60936 Jul 1 12:55 exynos5422-odroidxu4.dtb I want to change the fan threshold settings and pwm values to try and get more aggressive cooling as I'm not quite staying out of thermal throttling. After converting exynos5422-odroidxu4.dtb with dtc it's easy to see where both the thresholds…

  10. I have my ODROID XU4 configured so that the SD /boot files boot the machine on a SSD formatted to ext4. This works fine with 4.9.30, but fails with the 4.9.33 kernel I installed today. The only useful message I see is that it can't find my SSD's uuid. The uuid is correct so I suspect that the kernel does not have or is not loading a USB driver. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to boot using the 4.9.33 kernel? Thanks, Michael

  11. I am a noob on Linux (unfortunately). I run a Xu4 with armbian on it. On the Xu4 i run Domoticz, my home automation system. Something is eating my hdd space; a fixed amount is used up every hour. I set up a new system with a bigger sd but I want to get to the bottom of the issue. I do not know how I can see what the Xu4 does every hour. Perhaps a log or a backup? Perhaps my OS is doing something, or perhaps my Home automation. I do not run any script to make periodic backups or anything else like that. How can I figure it out? Thanks!

  12. Started by posix,

    Hello, I experimented with various OS-es for my new Odroid-XU4. From what I have learned I like armbian the best because it's the closest to the original debian. A clean, small, tuned up system with the possibility to switch back to sysvinit from system(d). What I would run on it is not a desktop environment but exactly Kodi. The XU4 comes with Ubuntu 16 LTS preloaded to sdcard and I can say this is the OS which maxes out the potential of this hardware. With this after an update & upgrade everything works out of the box: kodi, networking, hdmi-cec, hdmi-audio. With using the unofficial debian jessie for odroid: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=175…

  13. Started by hippie,

    Dears, Is there any recent Kodi compilation for XU4 ? Ive build it myself but whenever i try to load it, it gives me an warning saying that GLX/DRI2 is not supported and it also fails to open swrast. The other try i did is to download the .deb package from the mdrjr repository and unfortunately i get the same error. I believe i am missing the right drivers.... By the way, l today was my first experience with armbian... and honestly, i am very impressed. Any ideas ? Best, hippie

  14. I'm trying to get my Logitech Quickcam working and tested using Armbian Xenial Mainline 4.9.13. It's worked out of the box on just about every other distro tried in recent years...not sure on Armbian. Here is the output from lsusb: Bus 003 Device 007: ID 046d:08d8 Logitech, Inc. Quickcam for Notebook Deluxe Bus 003 Device 006: ID 0c45:7000 Microdia Honestly, the webcam may work fine now, but I'm having issues installing a package to test it, such as Cheese or guvcview. Can someone assist me with checking it out? Once I get the webcam working, I'd like to use it with Google Hangouts or Skype (via exagear). Thanks!

  15. Hi All, I might need your help with one issue I've encountered. I'm running debian with the 4.9.20 kernel on an Odroid XU4 board. I've compiled the kernel with the options for AppArmor enabled. The installed AppArmor version is the 2.10.95 (auditd is also installed in version 1:2.4-1+b1). ## Kernel Options ## CONFIG_SECURITY=y CONFIG_SECURITYFS=y CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR=y CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR_BOOTPARAM_VALUE=1 CONFIG_DEFAULT_SECURITY_APPARMOR=y CONFIG_DEFAULT_SECURITY="apparmor" CONFIG_SECCOMP=y CONFIG_SECCOMP_FILTER=y CONFIG_AUDIT=y ## ## AppArmor itself is working without any issues. If I set…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.4k views
  16. Hi! I've been using Armbian on my Odroid XU4 for some months now. It runs LogitechMediaServer, Home-assistant, Openmediavault,... It's great. However, today, I've just ran apt-get upgrade, reboot because of an update of the kernel and then... no reboot! The blue LED of the Odroid is lit (it doesn't blink), there is nothing on the HDMI output, nothing on the network,... It seems like the odroid cannot load the kernel. Is there anything I could do to try to make it boot again ? Yeah, I know, I should have done a backup of the SD card before the update ... Thanks for your help!

  17. Hi, I really like the OS but notice that while operating the fan never turns on. It does spin when first powered up but never after that while running. Is there something additional i need to add to get the fan to operate? Thanks

  18. Hello, I've copied the image of the Debian Jessie Server Legacy 3.10.105 to my 32Gb eMMC with DD (previously was on Android). See attachment for the final result (gParted). Does it sound OK? What is this 4Mb unallocated at the beginning? I tried to boot it but my XU4 only has its blue light lightened up (was blinking when the eMMC was on Android). There is nothing displayed when I plug the HDMI to my TV. I must have missed something... Regards!

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4k views
  19. Hello, i am using an Odroid Xu4 in an open Access environment and i want to disable USB Keyboards. I already tried the following: Create a file called, e.g., usbhid.conf in /etc/modprobe.d/ and add the following line: blacklist usbhid Then re-generate your initramfs with: update-initramfs -u -k $(uname -r) or, if you want to rebuild the initramfs for all installed kernel versions: update-initramfs -u -k all After you reboot, usbhid.ko will be prevented from loading. But it doesn't work for me. I Also get an Error while trying to update initramfs dirtydroid@odroidxu4:~$ sudo update-initramfs -u -k all ln: failed to create hard link …

  20. I'm trying to get a full serial console on my XU4. I currently only get the U-boot output. The last message says "Loading Kernel". I never get any kernel related messages. I understand I will need to start up a getty to actually log in via this console port, but I haven't even gotten that far. In my (unchanged) boot.ini I have console=ttySAC2, 115200n8. And when the system boots up, I cannot manually write anything to that port (as i believe the kernel has it opened) Any Ideas? Thanks! Caleb

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 6.2k views
  21. Hello everybody, I am a new user on this forum : I received the Odroid XU4 this morning and installed Debian on the eMMC card. I booted, and everything is working except the cooling fan: it seems not to start, even when I plug in the adapter before it boots. Is that normal, because even at 66 °c, it doesn't start...

  22. Just using ubuntu and want to change to ambian ASAP

  23. Guest Spooky4672
    Started by Guest Spooky4672,

    Hi, I was wondering if there is a build of Armbian for the Odroid xu4 with a more recent Linux version. I currently have 3.10. It is super old ... Thanks in advance

  24. Started by mrneilypops,

    I am now testing armbian on my XU4 and...AMAZING...I have very little fan noise. I am using the Noctua fan as per; http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=15310 and I haven't even implemented the fan control script [yet]; https://github.com/nthx/odroid-xu3-fan-control Silence is golden... armbian ROCKS!

  25. Started by Petr Stehlík,

    The ChangeLog of Armbian says that overlayfs was added in V5.15. I got installed V5.20 (or actually an earlier and then apt-get upgraded) yet the overlayfs is not available (kernel 3.10.103-odroidxu4). I have even tried installing linux-*-next and *uboot*-next (not even knowing what the -next mean) but it didn't help, still no overlayfs in /proc/filesystems. Also, on reboot the Odroid is missing LAN connection randomly. It can be fixed by running dhclient manually but then the ethernet card is named by systemd. Normally it's eth0 and the networking works. I couldn't figure out what is the root cause of this issue, it seems random. I have also read in a ChangeLog that…

  26. Started by Gronfir,

    Hi all I'm currently using armbian on a Odroid-XU4 and to use a peripheral I need to patch the kernel. So to start that process i run: apt-get source linux-image-$(uname -r) which failed: Unable to find a source package for linux-image-3.10.102-odroidxu4 I tried adding adding the sources by adding deb-src http://apt.armbian.com jessie main to the armbian.list but this is aparently not a thing. Do any of you have any idea where i can find a souce repository. Thanks in advance. edit: on a sidenote is 3.10.102 really the newest kernel available for this board using armbian?

  27. i installed the xu4 server (legacy) for debian jessie and get no output on the hdmi/dvi connected display. what is meant by "Serial console enabled" in the description? thank you for producing armbian for odroid xu4! i like the board - it is fast! andrew

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4k views
  28. Hello everybody, I have been having an issue lately with my Odroid XU4 running Armbian's Ubuntu Xenial server. The problem is that the ethernet interface would only be detected every once in a while upon a reboot of the system, however, after performing an update earlier today, the ethernet interface is not detected no matter how many times I reboot the system or mess with settings. Please help as I'm sort of a noob with debugging linux issues and this is the main interface for my mini-network. Huge thanks in advance. UPDATE: Apparently the update caused the device name to switch from eth0 to enx001e06311a69 and by reconfiguring my servers to use that interface it…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 5.7k views
  29. Since I had a power supply problem with my XU4 I decided to download the image and start from scratch. First time I recall everything went smooth until my PS failed. Now, starting from a fresh image, when the first boot gets to SSH key regeneration, it hangs forever. Tried several times, tested the sd card, used a different one for test. Still hangs at SSH key regeneration. I had never tried moving the OS to the HD. All the contents there are good and it has passed all the long smart tests. If I reboot after a while hanging at SSH key regeneration it boots and does all the password stuff as expected, and everything else seems fine. Should I worry about it?

  30. Am getting very interested in Armbian for a classroom server project and am experiencing an odd problem. Certain web pages in Firefox will cause the hd to 'click' loudly, then the desktop icon disappears and the whole system locks up for about 20 seconds until the desktop icon reappears then everything seems fine again. I have not been able to pin down what is happening because it's inconsistent which pages cause the problem. (viewing the preview for this post caused it to happen.) Might go an hour, might happen several times in a few minutes. Right now my plan is to start from scratch a new Armbian install because I did to some messing…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 4.2k views
  31. Guest Luis Ferreira
    Started by Guest Luis Ferreira,

    Good Morning! I'm using ODROID-xu4 and did Download your image. I wonder if the image has support for XFS Filesystem? Because I would like to install a Webserber. Grateful! Luis Ferreira

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 5.3k views
  32. Hi, I installed Armbian_5.00_Odroidxu4_Debian_jessie_3.10.96_desktop.raw on my ODroid, plugged a 2TB external drive into the USB 3 port, and ran nand-sata-install. I chose /dev/sda1 as the root. After completing, and rebooting, it appears it installed an operating system on /dev/sda1, but I'm still using the SD card as the root: root@odroidxu4:~# mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 on / type ext4 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro,commit=600) .... I tried changing boot.ini to point to /dev/sda1: setenv bootrootfs "console=tty1 loglevel=1 root=/dev/sda1 rootwait ro fsck.repair=yes" but it would not boot with this setting. Is there any more information I can p…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4.7k views
  33. Started by andrewufrank,

    are there plans to produce a version of armbian for odroid hardware. the new xu4 seems to be amazingly fast... andrew

    • Reputation Points

    • 9 replies
    • 6.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.