Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marvell mvebu

Community maintained Marvell SoC based boards

  1. Maybe a long shot: rather than setting up armbian on my new ESPRESSObin (epb), installing needed SW and tools, porting configs off my Cubietruck (cbt), would it be possible to tweak the cbt's SDcard / FS to boot on the ESPRESSObin? If I'm not mistaken the cbtis armhf based and all those binaries should also run on the epb!? Would it be "good enough" to add the arm64 architecture to the CBT with "dpkg --add-architecture arm64" and then to install linux-u-boot-espressobin-next linux-image-next-mvebu64 linux-headers-next-mvebu64 linux-firmware-image-next-mvebu64 linux-dtb-next-mvebu64 linux-$(lsb_release -cs)-root-next-espressobi…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.5k views
  2. Currently using an image based on the latest (13/12/16) in: https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib Some changes recently have resulted in emmc based clearfog-pro boards requiring the SD card to boot again. There's a new variable in /boot/armbianEnv.txt to enable the emmc fix. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to help. Based on the SolidRun wiki: http://wiki.solid-run.com/doku.php?id=products:a38x:software:development:u-boot you can patch the sdhci to give the signal that an sd card is in the slot diff --git a/arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-388-clearfog.dts b/arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-388-clearfog.dts index 8fa7b27..b8b05ad 100644 --…

  3. Having trouble getting the modem to show up in the /dev/ folder. I have a HL8548 Sierra Wireless mini pci-e connected to my Clearfog-Pro. Currently using Armbian 3.10.104 "jessie". I've tried using a stock image, going through the kernel config menu to turn on PPP and looking for any settings related which I can turn on (Can't seem to find anything device driver related). My understanding is it's part of the stock Kernel and should show up as a USB device (gone back to the supplier to check the AT command was sent to have the modem in the right mode). If anyone has experience getting a mini pci-e cellular modem going in Armbian I'd appreciate any advice. …

    • Reputation Points

    • 16 replies
    • 6.8k views
  4. Hi, I have a problem with my ClearfogPro, it worked fine for some time but now theres something wrong with the system clock and I am unsure wether this is caused by the hardware or software. I set the time with the date command, then copy it to the rtc with hwclock --systohc... After a few moments the times in sys/hw are already a few seconds apart. The system clock seems to be about 1/3 second to slow.... So after a few minutes its completely off, this causes ntp to stop working ofc. I tried fixing this by using adjtimex but the setable value range ist not large enough... This is the output of timedatectl c…

    • Reputation Points

    • 23 replies
    • 7.3k views
  5. Hi, quick question, is the Bug/Limitation listed in the docs (https://docs.armbian.com/Hardware_Marvell/#bugs-or-limitation_1) regarding using sfp with mainline kernel still there? Or was it fixed in the meantime? I am thinking about ordering a sfp module but want to make sure it is supported first. Greetings, count-doku

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.3k views
  6. Hi, I am currently using the back side push button on my clearfog pro for bringing the device to poweroff / halt. The easiest way to configure it like that seemed to change the button_0 entry in the device tree From: button_0 { label = "Rear Button"; gpios = <0x23 0x2 0x1>; linux,can-disable; linux,code = <0x100>; }; To: button_0 { label = "Rear Button"; gpios = <0x23 0x2 0x1>; linux,can-disable; linux,code = <0x74>; }; The linux code 0x74 signals the device to perform a graceful shutdown. Unfortunately I have to readjust the device tree after every update. I would…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.8k views
  7. I was able to boot from a SATA disk that was manually setup with a GPT-formatted table and a debootstrap'ed debian arm64 kernel. The GPT partitions included: 1. BIOS from sector 34-2047, no filesystem 2. ESP from 2048-409599 (which u-boot calls bootable even if the flag isn't set), vfat filesystem 3. XBOOTLDR from 409600-819199 with bootable flag set (0x4), ext4 FS without journal 4. linux swap 5. ARM64 root (gdisk type 8305) with bit 60 set (read-only), ext4 without journal 6. linux /var (gdisk type 8310), ext4, with /srv/ and /home/ bind-mounted from /var/local/ The bootscripts/extlinux configuration live in /boot, onto which i…

  8. Does anyone managed to use vlan tagging on ports Lan0 and Lan1 on openwrt ? I neet to setup 6 differents VLANs with this 2 ports ;-) If someone succeeded, I'm interrested on the way to proceed...

  9. Hi all, Over at Doozan we are having quite a time trying to get kwboot to work on the newer Armada 385 based boards. It works for the ClearFrog because there is a DIP switch to select UART boot. However on shipping products like the Zyxel NAS326 and the Western Digital EX2 Ultra/EX2100/EX4100 this is not an option. Does anyone else have any of the above products? Were you ever successful in getting it to load u-boot via uart?

  10. I purchased a 1GB EspressoBin off of Amazon with the plan to run Armbian + OMV on it. Here's what it looked like upon initial boot with factory firmware. Which showed 1GB version. TIM-1.0 WTMI-armada-17.10.1-b90dbf0 ENTER init_ddrgen DDR_TOPOLOGY is 4 : DDR3, 1CS 1G WTMI_CLOCK=2 Fill memory before self refresh...done Now in Self-refresh Mode Restore CAS Read and Write Latency Restore termination values to original values Exited self-refresh ... DLL TUNING ============== DLL 0xc0001050[21:16]: [0,2f,17] DLL 0xc0001050[29:24]: [1,35,1b] DLL 0xc0001054[21:16]: [0,2d,16] DLL 0xc0001054[29:24]: [4,34,1c] DLL 0xc0001074[21:16]: [0,3f,1f] DLL 0xc0001074…

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 9.7k views
  11. Hey guys, I've written a brief guide of getting ARMBIAN running on ClearFog Base, hoping it will be helpful for new bees. getting_started_with_clearfog_base.md It's like a note of how I was managed to write images and to boot ARMBIAN from USB, eMMC, or SATA SSD. And some details of A388 SoC boot selection. The guide is based on ARMBIAN 5.30 and ClearFog Base + A388 SoM with eMMC, and I believe that all the steps were verified, although I've tried several versions of ARMBIAN (both Deibian and Ubuntu) and got lots of boot failure. If there's any mistake in the guide, or there's a better way getting things done, please make comments here…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4.9k views
  12. Hello All, root:# hwclock --systohc root:# while true; do date; hwclock -r; sleep 60; done observing drift of 1 sec. even tried this https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/2352/commits/59cdf431ef691d67d649adbfaf973f9d451823bc#diff-dc13c5522aed383d1b20662d765c5be9f2635553256069dce64f29be94f89b69 specs: Armada 38x RTC driver ARM_GLOBAL_TIMER Board : Marvell Armada A385 DB AP Kernel : 4.14 community help will be grateful Regards Hardik

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 4k views
  13. Started by ABF023,

    Starting resolvconf-pull-resolved.service... [ OK ] Finished resolvconf-pull-resolved.service. Starting resolvconf-pull-resolved.service... [ OK ] Finished resolvconf-pull-resolved.service. Starting resolvconf-pull-resolved.service... [ OK ] Finished resolvconf-pull-resolved.service. Starting resolvconf-pull-resolved.service... [ OK ] Finished resolvconf-pull-resolved.service. [ ***] A start job is running for Wait for… to be Configured (57s / no limit) I stay here for a long time every time I start... Does anyone know why? Then an error message appears: [ OK ] Finished resolvconf-pull-resolved.service. …

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.2k views
  14. Hi! I have a Espressobin V7 and would make a router with this tutorial https://blog.tjll.net/building-my-perfect-router/ Dnsmasq is nativ with ArchLinux ARM That is dnsmasq.conf of the floder /etc # Listen for requests on this interface interface=br0 # Address range to draw from dhcp-range=192.168.1.5,192.168.1.250,255.255.255.0,24h # Default route for clients (the address we used in /etc/systemd/network/br0.network) dhcp-option=option:router,192.168.1.1 cat /etc/systemd/network/ br0.netdev [NetDev] Name=br0 Kind=bridge br0.network [Match] Name=br0 [Network] Address=192.168.1.1/24 IPForward=ipv4 #IPMa…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.8k views
  15. Started by lmhhj,

    Hi All! I am verifying the function about pcie to net port on armada-3720 ESPRESSObin. I insert 3 PCIE network cards in 3720 with PCIE bridge, connect to PC by switch. PC ping 3 net port at the same time ,but only one net port could be pinged successfully. I use the same test environment to test on the cavium's development board ,and PC can ping 3 network cards successfully at the same time. Besides, I used 3 network cards connect to 3 PC directly not by switch on 3720, and 3 PC can also ping 3 network cards successfully at the same time. Through the above cross-testing, it seems that this problem will occur as …

  16. Started by oli,

    i had contact with some devs regarding this problem: Compex cards (wle600 and wle900) do not work on kernel 4.4.x without changes. The answer i got is: Maybe someone could fix that? Would be really nice! I have no idea how to do that with the irq_mode

  17. Hello all. New ESPRESSObin owner here, so please forgive any obvious oversights I may have missed. I'm still getting familiar with it. I'm following the instructions on the Download page. I have a new 32GB Samsung SD card with an Armbian (mainline kernel 4.19.y) flashed onto it using Etcher for Windows. I flashed a new version of u-boot, specifically "flash-image-ddr4-1g-1cs-1000_800.bin", and that seemed to work without a hitch. I defined the environment variables as directed. When booting, it seems to go through my devices and I would guess that it can't find the image based on the "bad device, wrong image format" messages but I'm not 100% sure. …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3k views
  18. Hi - I ordered a 2gb Espressobin from Globalscale and later flashed flash-image-2g-2cs-1200_750.bin, which caused my Espressobin to hang at: TIM-1.0 WTMI-devel-18.07.0-6050fd5 WTMI: system early-init SVC REV: 5, CPU VDD voltage: 0.898V I am able to boot to SATA using the sata recovery image, but cannot flash back to the working flash-image-2g-2cs-1000_800.bin. Here is what happens when I boot to SATA and attempt to flash the old bin: Booting Trusted Firmware BL1: v1.2(release):armada-17.02.0:v0.2-1324-g1cd562c BL1: Built : 16:29:17, Apr 20 2NOTICE: BL2: v1.2(release):armada-17.02.0:v0.2-1324-g1cd562c NOTICE: BL2: Built : 16:29:17, Apr 20…

  19. [ OK ] Reached target Graphical Interface. Starting Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes... [ OK ] Started Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes. Debian GNU/Linux 8 armada ttyS0 armada login: oli Password: Linux armada 4.7.3-marvell #25 SMP Wed Sep 14 19:24:33 CEST 2016 armv7l Traceback (most recent call last): File "/etc/update-motd.d/40-updates", line 145, in <module> updates = int(file.read()) ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '' run-parts: /etc/update-motd.d/40-updates exited with return code 1 oli@armada:~$ When i login as root, i get the prompt to enter the name for the new user and then it …

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3k views
  20. Started by voltagex,

    https://gist.github.com/voltagex/1dae7c0bf153c76a49bea407f932be69 if anyone's interested.

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 4.3k views
  21. Hi folks, I've been trying to compile an image for the EspressoBin since yesterday. Unfortunately I get the following error every time I run it. Other boards work fine. Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_Khadas-vim2_bookworm_edge_6.13.7.img Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_Rockpro64_bookworm_edge_6.14.0-rc4.img Why is this only with the EspressoBin can someone help me ? Kind regards StarSurfer Spoiler [💲|🔨] trusted-secure-firmware.bin trusted-secure-firmware-uart.bin trusted-secure-firmware-emmc.bin \ [💲|🔨] untrusted-secure-firmware.bin untrusted-secure-firmware-emmc.bin [💲|🔨] make -C wtmi CROSS_CM…

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 6.4k views
  22. Hello, [short version] My expresso bin V5 only boots from the micro sd card and I would like it to boot from the EMMC module. [long version] My old old expresso bin V5 did not came with a pre installed EMMC module, I had a 16gb kingston EMMC module from aliexpress soldered onto it, the EMMC module is correctly detected by armbian bionic as seen from the output of blkid as /dev/mmcblk0p1: /dev/mmcblk0p1: UUID="dc265376-877d-40a1-9417-7379fb332efe" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="36c210f9-01" /dev/mmcblk1p1: LABEL="root" UUID="621decff-6765-4dbd-ae8c-c7e2d5c0193d" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="04b226a1-01" /dev/mmcblk1p3: LABEL="home" UUID="df5bfbe2-de80-49b4-ac…

  23. I was hoping someone using a clearfog board could help me out with a working config for the switched ethernet ports on the clearfog board, to be able to access them as individually as possible as the hardware and linux allow for. Anyone with a Clearfog board by chance? Thanks! -Eric

  24. Hi, I downloaded and installed v. 5.30-next yesterday - kernel 4.11.4-mvebu. The board apppears to run slightly cooler than with v.5.25 and has been stable. This morning an apt upgrade to 5.31 was available and I started running the update. Apt upgrade has now been running for about 4 hours, compiling linux-headers-next-mvebu (5.31), with most cpu time going to cc1. Top is dynamic, with cc1 taking anything from 0% to 100% cpu, so I am guessing that nothing has hung but that header compilation will take a long time on this system. A similar very long linux header update was experienced when I tried to update this system …

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.3k views
  25. Started by blood,

    I'm running into a problem using the second interface with my Clearfog Base. I don't have an SFP to test the third interface, but the first works fine, though the second does not. I've tried images with 3.x and 4.x kernels from both SolidRun and Armbian and they all have the same behavior. My first concern is whether this has worked for anyone else so that I can rule out faulty hardware. Can anyone chime in with whether they've successfully used the 2nd copper interface on a Clearfog Base? If so, did it work out of the box, or did it require any extra steps? Next, can someone more familiar with ARM SOCs and device trees comment as to whether the same device tree …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.8k views
  26. Hello everyone, I am trying to achieve first boot with a Clearfog Base with eMMC. It was not clear (at least to me) that the eMMC version does not allow booting from SD card *at all* But hey, let's get this baby up&running, can anybody please help me? I am trying to follow this procedure [https://www.armbian.com/clearfog-base/]: 1) Write the image to a USB flash drive -> easy enough, I did it with Win32DiskImager and a well-tested 64GB USB stick 2) Load the modified u-boot (from the Armbian image) using the UART method -> I have issues here. I suppose that UART method consists in plugging in the microU…

  27. Started by blood,

    I don't use my Clearfog Base as a filer or anything, but I much prefer to have some snappy storage on systems that I access frequently - and since this system is my firewall, I end up working on it often enough. When I'm not at home it's often where I push files - so running off an SD card is right out. For years now I've been using an m.2 SATA drive which has been fine, but it's got a minipcie slot just sitting there that I've never used... it's not particularly fast (PCIe gen 1 x1) but with one of these and an m.2 NVMe drive (the older the better...), you can get much better perf than SATA. You can't boot off it (at least I don't know how to make that happen) but it's e…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  28. Hi, I am setting up a Clearfog base as the backend for my music player. As a high-end audio device it would be a clear advantage if all processing could be passively cooled. Running Armbian_5.27_Clearfogbase_Ubuntu_xenial_default_4.4.70 the default heatsink gets very hot to the touch and feels much hotter than the reported 49 degrees. Does anyone know if there are any differences between the available kernel and armbian versions regarding temperature? Does anyone know of any inaccuracies in the temperature reporting for the ARMADA 38x? What could be regarded as a safe (reported) operating temperature for the ARMADA 38x? …

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 4.3k views
  29. Hi, On my Clearfog base, I have one bootable SDHC card that I made some time ago, using Title: Armbian 5.25 Clearfogbase Debian Jessie next Kernel: Linux 4.9.7 Build date: 02.02.2017 I can't remember, but think that I flashed the card from Linux using dd bs=1M What I do remember was having some trouble back then, flashing a card that would boot and remember several attempts, using several different images. I also remember that the board dip switches were in the wrong positions as delivered from the factory and that my first attempts failed because of that. Having sorted that out and using the image described a…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.2k views
  30. Guest Marc

    Hello, I am working with the Clearfog board, I've tried both Ubuntu and Debian. At the main page (http://www.armbian.com/clearfog/) I read "All 3phy network ports operational", but I can use only 2, the main one which is on processor module and the switched one but I can't use the third one wich is driven by the switch. I can set ip adress to all 3 but can ping with 2 only. From the of_mdiobus_register function in of_mdio.c file, I see the adress 0 phy is registered but 2 others are not cause the adress "/soc/internal-regs/mdio/ethernet-phy@2 PHY address 999 is too large". My first question is how to use the third phy ? My second question is more about und…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3k views
  31. I have Armbian 5.38 Debian Stretch Default running 4.4.115-mvebu and it is working fine. If I try to use either Debian or Ubuntu with the Next kernel (4.14.14) Network Manager always fails to start with a long wait (1 - 1.5 mins). Both Debain and Ubuntu images behave the same with their respective kernels. (4.4 yes, 4.14 no) Is this fixed in 4.15? Am I missing anything using the Default kernel? I've read in other posts where Igor and Mr Kaiser state the Next kernel is more 'mature.' I'm starting a fairly ambitious project with this board so I kinda want to make sure everything will run. Thanks!!

  32. Hi, I have not been able to find clear instructions explaning how to compile u-boot so it detects the installed msata disk. What I think I have to do is rebuild u-boot using the armbian build tools and patch uboot by moving and renaming file below ~/armbian/patch/u-boot/u-boot-mvebu/slot0=sata_1=sata.patch.disabled to the folder ~/armbian/userpatches/u-boot/u-boot-mvebu/board_clearfogpro/slot0=sata_1=sata.patch After builds completes I get a linux-u-boot-clearfogpro_5.74_armhf.deb which I installed and nothing happened the msata disk still not detected. Is that how am I supposted to go about to enable msata support? …

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 4.5k views
  33. Hello, I installed the latest armbian mainline image on my clearfog pro. I plugged a wifi card on it. I would like to set up the armbian network so as to use it as a gateway towards the ISP box. Concretely, here the scheme : internet <---- ADSL-----> ISP box <------- RJ45 ----------> clearfog <-------- wifi --------> PC1, tablet, ... <------- RJ45 -------> PC2, printer, ... Currently I use this scheme with an old router (linksys/dd-wrt) which is…

  34. Hi everyone, My name is Gabriel and I am a new person in the community. After installing ARMBIAN (Armbian_5.91_Clearfogbase_Debian_stretch_default_4.14.135) with the Mini PCI Express Marvel 88SE9215, I got a problem with my Clearfog Pro-A1 revision-2.1. It did not work properly like 88SE9215 did not show me my disks. My Idea is to deploy my NAS server with OMV. I tried to compile the kernel so many times with different modules like SATA, PATA, and AHCI but it did not work also. I guess that my u-boot is not setup properly because I was reading a couple post about it and it’s working to everyone. Someone can give me a favor pls and …

  35. Hi everyone, So I am a real beginner with networking so I though I would buy this board for learning and messing about. But I cant get the switched 6 port Ethernet to work. It shows up with ip link: root@armada:~#ip link 1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1 link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00 2: bond0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,MASTER> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000 link/ether 0a:b2:e1:6c:82:2e brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff 3: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP mode DEFAULT group default qlen 532 lin…

  36. I recently got a ClearFog Pro board and wanted to replace my router with it. In order to add Wi-Fi functionality, I installed an Intel 4965 AGN PCI-E extension card. So far I have tried the following two images in order to get it to work: Mainline 4.9.7 The mainline kernel neither detected my Wi-Fi module nor the additional, built-in LAN ports. However, after updating the kernel with "apt upgrade" to 4.10.x, the "iwlegacy" driver necessary for the Intel Wi-Fi module started to work. However, the LAN ports are still missing. Entering "ip link" gives the following output: Usually, there should be lan1, lan2, lan3... …

  37. Started by Learnincurve,

    Hi again, The Clearfog base has two push buttons, but these don't seem to be hard-wired to any hardware functionality. Does anyone know how to find them in the system and monitor them for events? They could then be used for example to reboot or power down the system. BR. --Marius--

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 4.6k views
  38. Started by Technicavolous,

    In the download section under Clearfog Pro Tested Hardware it shows a European version of the ME909S mpcie LTE adapter and a link to the German Amazon product page. I just want to confirm the US equivalent is compatible - https://www.amazon.com/HUAWEI-ME909S-821-Wireless-DC-HSPA-TD-SCDMA/dp/B01CCFS0SY/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1532795467&amp;sr=1-2&amp;keywords=ME909s Thanks in advance

  39. Good evening, as uboot doesn't get updated automatically since a few versions back, I ran the uboot install script manually today - so far everything worked, uboot got copied to the boot sector. After rebooting though it seems that uboot is not working / properly compiled. It runs normally until the point where it would boot linux, then stops saying it can't find the various commands (bootz, help, echo etc). It dropped me to the uboot shell. I tried a few commands (help, reset etc) and all just gave a "command not found" failure. After restoring the 5.75 uboot from some backup it works again. Is there some known problem…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.8k views
  40. Started by Heisath,

    Hi, out of interest I was checking the I²C Devices connected to the ClearfogPro. So this is thought as a small guide to the i2c bus. The second i2c bus goes straight to the mikrobus/click header so there is nothing on default. --- i2cdetect for bus 0 gave me: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 20: UU -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 4c -- -- -- 50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.8k views
  41. Hello, today I tried upgrading my ClearfogPro Kernel from 4.14.106 (next) to 4.19.20(dev). So far everything seems to be working (samba, dnsmasq, minidlna, network etc.), see also attached armbianmonitor link. Great work @ armbian. I also noticed that the reported temperature by "cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp" seems to be about 20°C lower than with the old kernel. I appreciate this, because it seems to be closer to the real value (measured with thermal probe at heatsink). The old 4.14 kernel always reported some value around 65-70°C which seemed a bit high for idling (cpu running at 800Mhz like 80% of the time). The new valu…

    • Reputation Points

    • 9 replies
    • 5.4k views
  42. Hi, this is not really a problem but a thing I stumbled upon a few weeks ago, when compiling armbian myself. For reasons unknown to me, when I check the pcie support option in the kernel settings, the ath10k pci driver (as used for wle600vx for example) cannot be loaded anymore. The armbian tries to load various firmware files, always falling back till the last one. Then booting continues w/o ath10k so no wifi.... I never got around the function of the pcie feature anyway, both mpcie slots are fully operational with only pci enabled in the kernel config. Did I misunderstand this menu option? Greetings, …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.9k views
  43. Hi, the ClearfogPro has a so called TDM interface. This also contains a pin for spdif and i2s. I have been trying to get it to work for some time, but unfortunately it is not included in the solidrun image nor is there any documentation on it from their side. As far as I figured it out the TDM is for some external VoIP Cards, and I2S is a sound protocol between sounddevices. So I would like to use SPDIF to stream some audio to my amplifier. I checked in the function and hardware specs for the Armada 388 (88F6828) and the schematics of the clearfogpro and it seems that pin mpp51 is would be used for spdif. This pin al…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.3k views
  44. Hi, I updated my ClearfogPro today and noticed (that like in the last updates), updating the linux-u-boot-clearfogpro-next package fails, with the error "/dev/mmcblk2" doesn't exist". This happen obviously, because I don't have a SD Card installed, as I am using a M.2 SSD to boot and as root. Quick check inside the .deb file revealed the platform_install.sh which only tries writing the u-boot.mmc version to /dev/mmcblk2. For me this is not a big problem, I know how to get the correct u-boot into place (/usr/lib/linux-u-boot-next-clearfogpro_5.60_armhf/u-boot.sata) but new users might find it difficult. Would it be…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.1k views
  45. Hi, does anyone know if the provided UART interface on the mikrobus header on the clearfog is 5V tolerant? Greetings, count-doku

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3k views
  46. Started by tbcdns,

    Hi, I have a clearfogbase board. I successfully installed armbian (4.4.45 upgraded to 4.4.51). Most of the components are working fine (SFP, intel 7260 wifi...), however I think I am using the dtb file of the clearfog pro, the second ethernet port is not working: [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0 [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct [ 0.000000] Linux version 4.4.51-mvebu (root@devel) (gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu/Linaro 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4) ) #5 SMP Thu Feb 23 21:02:25 CET 2017 [ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 P…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.7k views
  47. Hi all, i have the A38X MicroSom with emmc (yes bad idea) with ClearFog Base, and buy me an 64GB M.2 SSD for i Think easy way to dd a img on emmc. I have wait a long time for my Hardware and now musst be more time invest for my first boot up. I've been asking for concrete: on http://wiki.solid-run.com/doku.php?id=products:a38x:software:development:u-boo it is written: What is my toolchain prefix, this: arm-none-linux-gnueabi- ? I have my host linux pc, with debian x86 / amd64, ARM compatible? if so which packages are required for it, with add Architecture armhf? Is the ri…

  48. EDIT: This started off as a request for help starting up a 4G modem. After attempting to connect ANY network with nmtui, it's become also a request to configure a terminal such as 'screen' to be able to see the nmtui commands for any connection. I recently acquired an U-Blox MPCI-L201 4g LTE modem. This is my first time attempting this type of connection and things are not as intuitive as I would hope so I thought I would reach out. I downloaded the most recent Armbian Stretch from the downloads page and re-flashed the emmc. lsusb clearly shows the device root@clearfogpro:~# lsusb Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root…

  49. I installed the latest stable (and updated) debian image on clearfogpro from SD card. I then chose "boot from SD, install on SATA ..." as I have a M.2 SSD card which is viewed as /dev/sda device, with the "armbian-install" utility. However, this one does not offer to boot directly from M2. SSD, which should be possible as there is a DIP switch configuration for it. I tried to burn the iso image on sata with "dd" and then, to "dd" the u-boot.sata on "/dev/sda" (bs=512 seek=1). When switching to sata boot (dip switch), it begins well, the sata device is found, but nothing happens after, the iso image is not loaded. …

  50. Hello, I have just updated armbian on my clearfogpro and after the hard drive plugged on the PCIe sata card (2 slots) is no more recognized, it does not appear at all in logs. It was working like a charm before. I wonder what happened ? Here is the output of lspci 00:02.0 PCI bridge: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 6828 (rev 04) 00:03.0 PCI bridge: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 6828 (rev 04) 02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA986x/988x 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter I think the PCIe card is recognized (I have also a wifi card on the other PCI slot). I wonder why armbian does no more see the hard drive…

    • Reputation Points

    • 28 replies
    • 10k views
  51. Started by deb2016,

    Hello, I have a small fan (2-3cm diameter). Do you know if it is possible to plug it on the clearfogpro board ? On the mikrobus header, one can see GND, 5V, 3.3V slots. Can I plug the fan wires into these ? Thanks for your attention Regards

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3k views
  52. Hello, I have discovered interesting behaviour of the clearfogpro switching between lk4.19 and 5.8 and would like to know if others are able to reproduce. And maybe have ideas on how to fix. Steps to reproduce: - have a clearfogpro - get the current armbian image https://archive.armbian.com/clearfogpro/archive/ 20.08 - 'apt update && apt full-upgrade' - set the lan1-6 interfaces to bridging (example via following /etc/network/interfaces : https://pastebin.com/dpXEBe6g ) - reboot - plug into your network should be GBit (on lan1-5). Verify you get ip, and can reach other devices. - run iperf3 between clea…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.5k views
  53. I was running espressobin v7 with Welcome to Armbian 21.08.1 Bullseye with Linux 5.10.60-mvebu64 and made an upgrade in a regular way : # apt upgrade The following packages will be upgraded: apache2 apache2-bin apache2-data apache2-dev apache2-utils armbian-bsp-cli-espressobin armbian-config armbian-firmware armbian-zsh asterisk asterisk-config asterisk-modules asterisk-voicemail avahi-autoipd base-files bash curl deb.torproject.org-keyring dirmngr distro-info-data dpkg dpkg-dev ffmpeg gnupg gnupg-l10n gnupg-utils gnupg2 gpg gpg-agent gpg-wks-client gpg-wks-server gpgconf gpgsm gpgv gzip hostapd ifenslave inetutils-inetd inetutils-telnet …

  54. I recently, yesterday, updated u-boot to 800-800. I did a dist-upgrade to buster. I've got kernel 4.19.56. I'm using espressobin as a firewall for my home network, connected to comcast (where I used to have ipv6 addresses). systemd reports version 241. This is part status-report, documentation for others, and questions. Used to have ipv6 addresses - So before the dist-upgrade and kernel upgrade, I was on .20 in Jessie. And systemd-networkd was giving me prefix delegation such that my home net had public IPv6. Now, systemd is unable to complete the transaction. It just repeats this block: [edit] I had it misconfigured. Network startup - Whe…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.4k views
  55. Started by klamath,

    Howdy, Trying to disable NCQ via kernel option, i have set the following extraarg=libata.force=5:noncq and extraarg=pcie_aspm=off in /boot/armbianEnv.txt. Rebooted and I do not see the change applied via: root@espressobin:~# cat /proc/cmdline console=ttyMV0,115200 earlycon=ar3700_uart,0xd0012000 root=UUID=e5344a53-4325-4b08-b6f3-1bfe432789d1 rw rootwait Thanks, Tim

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 6.2k views
  56. Started by endecotp,

    Hi Everyone, I'm considering getting an Espressobin to use as a simple NAS. Is this a good idea? My requirements are quite basic; a single SATA SSD and a single ethernet port, running NFS and Samba. I do need a newish version of Samba (required to support "Time Machine" backup from my Mac) which I believe is in Debian Buster but not in Stretch. I've been a Debian user for decades; I guess I might be happier if the hardware supplier provided a Debian image, but it's great that Armbian is available. This board's hardware looks good; it has a SATA connector. But there are a few posts here mentioning stability issues, related to power supply hardware or possibly u-…

  57. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    every second boot, there is a kernel crash: Starting kernel ... [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [0x410fd034] [ 0.000000] Linux version 4.19.20-mvebu64 (root@armbian.com) (gcc version 7.2.1 20171011 (Linaro GCC 7.2-2017.11)) #5.75 SMP PREEMPT Fri Feb 8 09:54:18 CET 2019 [ 0.000000] Machine model: Globalscale Marvell ESPRESSOBin Board [ 0.000000] earlycon: ar3700_uart0 at MMIO 0x00000000d0012000 (options '') [ 0.000000] bootconsole [ar3700_uart0] enabled Loading, please wait... starting version 232 Begin: Loading essential drivers ... done. Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... done. Begin: Mounting root file system ... …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.6k views
  58. I flashed my espressobin v5 with flash-image-DDR4-1g_1cs_5-1000_800.bin After the boot it tries to boot from a network source instead of sdcard. printenv I dont know how it got to this point all I want now is to be able to boot from sdcard. Any thoughts or ideas?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.7k views
  59. I flashed my espressobin v7 with bubt flash-image-DDR4-1g_1cs_5-1000_800.bin spi usb and set u-boot prompt: printenv ethaddr env default -a saveenv After the boot printenv: TIM-1.0 mv_ddr-devel-g251bc63 DDR4 16b 1GB 1CS WTMI-devel-18.12.1-1d97715 WTMI: system early-init CPU VDD voltage default value: 1.155V Setting clocks: CPU 1000 MHz, DDR 800 MHz CZ.NIC's Armada 3720 Secure Firmware 0b68a33-dirty (May 16 2022 17:51:06) Running on ESPRESSObin NOTICE: Booting Trusted Firmware NOTICE: BL1: v2.6(release):a921da5e NOTICE: BL1: Built : 17:54:27, May 16 2022 NOTICE: BL1: Booting BL2 NOTICE: BL2: v2.6(release):a921da5e N…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.9k views
  60. Started by ABF023,

    when I used the command "nand-sata-install" ,then i select The first one, install Armbian from the SD card to the Built in emmc, After step-by-step execution, I will prompt poweroff. Then I remove the SD card and prepare to start from EMMC. However, the following error prompt appears. I cannot enter the system from EMMC normally,Please help me, thank you TIM-1.0 WTMI-devel-18.12.1-e6bb176 WTMI: system early-init CPU VDD voltage default value: 1.155V NOTICE: Booting Trusted Firmware NOTICE: BL1: v1.5(release):1f8ca7e (Marvell-devel-18.12.2) NOTICE: BL1: Built : 16:23:10, May 21 2019 NOTICE: BL1: Booting BL2 NOTICE: BL2: v1.5(release):1f8ca7e (Marvell-deve…

  61. I've set up my local EspressoBIN with 18.04 Bionic (Armbian_5.44_Espressobin_Ubuntu_bionic_next_4.14.40.7z). My impression is that it's very much like setting up Xenial and the same issues seem to be present. I mention them in the order of importance. 1: #reboot sometimes hang, so does #poweroff. It would be great to get this fixed, because it would be a disaster if a device hangs on rebooting from remote (eg. the device is 200km away). 2: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade destroys the network setup. No network access is possible after doing this. I think a fix is important, because people would likely issue those commands. …

  62. Started by Spemerchina,

    Hi everyone, especially armbian maintainers! I'd like to make use of great performance of this board regarding SATA performance which is crippled by 1Gbps so my question is, would etherchannel work on this hardware? I understand that the board has only 1Gbps from the switch (dual LAN ports) so I guess the only possible way to exceed 1Gbps output would be to bundle WAN && [LAN01|LAN02]. Anyone tried this or believe it should work? I don't have the board to try. Thanks.

  63. Just in case someone else experience this problem, this might be a solution. In order to try and get my EspressoBIN to work with a port multiplier, I figured that I'd boot via a microSD card, which then does the real boot from SATA. But I had plenty of problems writing to my microSD card, which worked fine for the CubieBoard2 a few minutes ago. The thing I did wrong was to write (armbian) to the /dev/mmcblk1 using the DD command. eg. dd if=/some/path/Armbian_5.50_Espressobin_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.17.3.img of=/dev/mmcblk1 bs=1048576 ... I also tried cp /some/path/Armbian_5.50_Espressobin_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.17.3.img /dev/mmcblk1 -but th…

  64. Hi I am trying to get my board restored. Following a simple power on reset, which I have done many, many times in the past. I have never worked with this or any other board at this low a level before (UART restore - whatever that is.) The entire memory of the bootloader has been wiped out for no apparent reason. I am wondering if this is a common problem after seeing 3 other people reporting it on the espressobin forum? All I have is the E and > appearing on the serial console. I am following this page: http://wiki.espressobin.net/tiki-index.php?page=Bootloader%2Brecovery%2Bvia%2BUART In the image choices I can download, it offers a …

  65. Started by darkdrgn2k,

    Don't know if this is a Arabian issue or a driver issue But i got a ath9k mpcie board in en ExpressoBIN running Armbian nightly WIP lspci 00:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter dmesg shows: 20.892457] advk-pcie d0070000.pcie: Posted PIO Response Status: CA, 0xe00 @ 0x44 [ 21.154426] advk-pcie d0070000.pcie: Posted PIO Response Status: CA, 0xe00 @ 0x4 [ 21.505762] ath9k 0000:00:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002) [ 21.505794] advk-pcie d0070000.pcie: Posted PIO Response Status: CA, 0xe00 @ 0x3c [ 21.657293] dsa dsa@0 wan: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx [ 21.7…

    • Reputation Points

    • 26 replies
    • 10.4k views
  66. Hi everyone, I updated the Linux kernel on my Espressobin to the latest version (5.6.2) and had some issues booting from SATA as my SSD was not detected properly after boot. Using the device tree from an older kernel version did help, but I also read somewhere that updating to the latest Armbian U-Boot would solve the issue. So I downloaded the version that matches my hardware (flash-image-ddr3-2g-2cs-1000_800.bin) and flashed it. It indeed fixed the boot issues, but now only 1 GB of RAM is detected instead of 2 GB. This happens as soon as the board is powered on, in U-Boot: DRAM: 1 GiB Before that, I was using the U-Boot…

  67. Guest

    Hi, similar to the issue reported in https://forum.armbian.com/topic/6566-le-potato-serial-getty-on-ttys0-starts-stops-restarts/ the /var/log/syslog file is being spammed with the following entries: Jul 11 00:37:04 localhost systemd[1]: serial-getty@ttyS0.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart. Jul 11 00:37:04 localhost systemd[1]: Stopped Serial Getty on ttyS0. Jul 11 00:37:04 localhost systemd[1]: Started Serial Getty on ttyS0. Jul 11 00:37:14 localhost systemd[1]: serial-getty@ttyS0.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart. Jul 11 00:37:14 localhost systemd[1]: Stopped Serial Getty on ttyS0. Jul 11 00:37:14 localhost syst…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4.3k views
  68. I've been running the Ubuntu from GlobalScale until now. -I finally had a chance for switching to Armbian, so I did; now I'm running 5.50: Ubuntu Xenial (4.17.3). So far, I've installed it onto my SATA harddisk, it boots, network is available via DHCP, web-server is up, SSHD is up, I can update via apt-get, etc... But there's still one important piece missing; I need to make the IP-address static (which was one of the main reasons I switched to Armbian). On GlobalScale's forum, I get the impression that Armbian is much easier to configure static IP address for, but I have the impression that I should not touch anything /etc/network/interfaces*. Instead…

  69. Hi, I am currently trying to install a secure /trusted U-Boot into the EspressoBin and got several questions for this issue. I followed this manual: https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/u-boot-marvell/blob/u-boot-2017.03-armada-17.10/doc/mvebu/trusted_boot.txt Regarding this manual the Flag for "efuse write BOOT_DEVICE SPINOR "has to be setup into NOR-Flash, so that the device will only boot from NOR anymore (which is a reason for security, I know). Can I skip this step, so that I do not damage the complete board? I would choose UART for testing my encrypted bootloader. I skipped the step "efuse write DEV_DEPLOY 1…

  70. i have a problem to get the Interfaces of the Board up at boot without the Bridge. What i found out is that the eth0 comes up to late so it could not find the other Interfaces. So how could i do something like eth0 post-up ifconfig wan up with systemd-networkd? Or could i change the order how the Interfaces will be initialize at boot? could somebody Help me with this Topic? System Info ARMBIAN 5.59 stable Debian networkctl status -a (snippet) 4: eth0 Link File: /lib/systemd/network/99-default.link Network File: /etc/systemd/network/10-eth0.network Type: ether State: degraded…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.9k views
  71. sorry for asking about espressobin... I had this board working with armbian, but it was sitting in a box for a while. I remade the sd card with the new current 5.10 buster and it won't boot. I tried different sd cards and power supplies. It hangs at "Loading, please wait" Maybe I need new u-boot, but that https://minio.k-space.ee/ site isn't working or is gone. Not armbian's fault obviously. Anyone know another way to get a current u-boot image? I don't really want to build one. I don't have a toolchain set up and I'll probably buy a different board anyways. (Anyone know a well supported 2 port box that's easy to get in the USA?) These things a…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.6k views
  72. Hi there, as already discussed here, https://forum.armbian.com/topic/5318-looking-for-an-enclosure-for-espressobin/?do=findComment&comment=49396 it seems that this 4-sata mini pci express card is supposed to be supported by armbian. As I wrote in that post, it doesn't work for me. I've tried Armbian default and next. The cards work, since I got them running with espressobin's Ubuntu distribution. Also, I've compiled a 4.4.52 Kernel according to: http://wiki.espressobin.net/tiki-index.php?page=Build+From+Source+-+Kernel It also works just fine with Armbian. So, my guess is that there's so…

  73. So I have a new board that I am working with. I cannot get armbian-config to display anything. I have tried both the Ubuntu and Debian images. I also tried the default and next images with not luck. The default image has the drivers that I need for a mpcie network card. The final goal is to install the kernel source so I can update drivers. [ 2.037420] r8169 Gigabit Ethernet driver 2.3LK-NAPI loaded [ 2.048872] r8169 0000:00:00.0 eth1: RTL8168evl/8111evl at 0xffffff8000376000, 00:13:3b:21:4b:62, XID 0c900800 IRQ 108 [ 2.048931] r8169 0000:00:00.0 eth1: jumbo features [frames: 9200 bytes, tx checksumming: ko] [ 2.653362] r8169 0000:00:00.0 enp…

    • Reputation Points

    • 26 replies
    • 9.9k views
  74. Guest

    as per title... i have 2 boards running armbian (Debian version). Even if the mac addresses on /boot/armbianEnv.txt are set differently, all nic cards of both boards, have the same exact mac address, specifically f0:ad:4e:03:64:7f this of course creates a lot of problems because i cannot connect my 2 boards in the same network here is armbianmonitor from the 1st board - https://pastebin.com/N9AuwV2h here is the same for the 2nd board - https://pastebin.com/QcTq3BaD apparently i am not the only one http://espressobin.net/forums/topic/each-network-interface-has-the-same-mac-address/

  75. Started by cpwrunner,

    Hi everyone, brace yourselves this a breakdown of the efforts I have made so far to turn the espressobin into a usb device. The armada3720 soc on the espressobin contains a usb 3 and a usb 2 device controller. I have been trying to enable them in order to turn the espressobin into a usb network adapter of sorts or a usb mass storage device. This may indeed be an impossibility, and I would love to hear any arguments as to why it is impossible. Thus far here are the main issues as I understand them so far: 1. The espressobin does not have a usb type b port, which is generally viewed as requirement for a usb device. However si…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 4k views
  76. Hello every one, I own two ESPRESSOBin boards V5. And to both I attached an XCSOURCE® MiniPCIe Sata3.0 AC696 extension card via MiniPCIe. This is the link to amazon: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XRG2TGV I tested several images from https://www.armbian.com/espressobin/#kernels-archive-all Unfortunatelly all the old images have been deleted last week, so I could not continue testing. Tested Kernels 8 weeks ago + the latest two this week: - 5.10.09-mvebu64 #21.02.0-hirsute (trunk) <-- works not - 5.08.18-mvebu64 #20.11.6-bionic <-- works not - 5.08.18-mvebu64 #20.11.3-focal <-- works not - 5.08.18-mvebu64 …

  77. Started by ABF023,

    TIM-1.0 mv_ddr-devel-g251bc63 DDR4 16b 2GB 2CS WTMI-devel-18.12.1-1d97715 WTMI: system early-init SVC REV: 5, CPU VDD voltage: 1.213V Setting clocks: CPU 1200 MHz, DDR 750 MHz CZ.NIC's Armada 3720 Secure Firmware 0b68a33-dirty (May 16 2022 17:51:06) Running on ESPRESSObin NOTICE: Booting Trusted Firmware NOTICE: BL1: v2.6(release):a921da5e NOTICE: BL1: Built : 17:55:48, May 16 2022 NOTICE: BL1: Booting BL2 NOTICE: BL2: v2.6(release):a921da5e NOTICE: BL2: Built : 17:55:48, May 16 2022 NOTICE: BL1: Booting BL31 NOTICE: BL31: v2.6(release):a921da5e NOTICE: BL31: Built : 17:55:48, May 16 2022 U-Boot 2022.04-armbian (May 16 2022 - 17:50:52 +0000) DRAM: 2 GiB Core:…

    • Reputation Points

    • 14 replies
    • 6.6k views
  78. 😭

  79. Hi I want to boot from emmc(all bootloader ,rootfs and kernel are in emmc). Now I can boot kernel from SD card and emmc (bootloader in spi nor flash.), and it works well. At present ,I have got the flash-image.bin by ATF using BOOTDEV=EMMCNORM option and copy this one to emmc partition 1(mmcblk0p1 179:1 0 7.3G 0 part) Then i changed the jumper to emmc boot mode and reboot the board ,but uboot can not up .The output just show ">" "E" Can anyone tell me how should I do. Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 6k views
  80. Started by bschnei,

    Hi all, I came upon a few threads in this forum while working on the bootloader for my ESPRESSObin Ultra. I noticed all of the warnings here about CPU frequency (https://www.armbian.com/espressobin/#), and I think this community might be interested in the work I'm doing. I've have an ESPRESSObin Ultra which ships from Globalscale with old, buggy, and unmaintained firmware. I think the old firmware could explain a lot of the issues users have reported here with the V7. I forked the old factory firmware build script from Globalscale and moved it all to up-to-date, upstream projects: https://github.com/bschnei/ebu-bootloader I believe with some small modific…

  81. I bought an espressobin and a realtek rtl8812au based usb wifi device because I wanted to set up a linux based wifi network at home. It is running the armbian mainline kernel with Debian 9. I installed hostapd and dnsmasq (config files below) and it works, hurray! Bad news is I do not understand how. I tried to look at the list of connected devices (cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases) but this showed nothing. I disabled dnsmasq and rebooted and the wifi continued to work without dnsmasq. So my question is this- without the dnsmasq service what exactly is handing out the ip addresses to devices connecting via dhcp? Hostapd config file: ssid=ARMBIAN inte…

  82. I get kernel panic from TTL: espressobin login: [26830.163585] Internal error: synchronous parity or ECC error: 86000018 [#1] PREEMPT SMP [26830.168894] Modules linked in: zstd zram zsmalloc bridge stp llc sch_fq_codel ip_tables x_tables mv88e6xxx dsa_core [26830.179650] CPU: 0 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/0 Not tainted 4.19.20-mvebu64 #5.75 [26830.186812] Hardware name: Globalscale Marvell ESPRESSOBin Board (DT) [26830.193445] pstate: 60000085 (nZCv daIf -PAN -UAO) [26830.198382] pc : need_update+0x0/0xb0 [26830.202138] lr : quiet_vmstat+0x4c/0x60 [26830.206076] sp : ffffff8008f73e80 [26830.209480] x29: ffffff8008f73e80 x28: 0000000007ed0018 [26830.214946] x27: 0000000000000…

  83. Hi, I'm using an esprossobin with Debian Stretch with Armbian Linux 4.19.56-mvebu64. However regardless inwhat USB-TTL / Serial adapter I connect to he espressobin's USB2.0 port I don't get a ttyUSB0 device I tried to use a Prolific and a couple of others I got lend from a friend

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.8k views
  84. I just got a new espressobin v7 with 2gb of ram. Output from working u-boot: U-Boot 2017.03-armada-17.10.2-g255b9cc (Nov 07 2018 - 09:48:30 +0800) Model: Marvell Armada 3720 Community Board ESPRESSOBin CPU @ 1000 [MHz] L2 @ 800 [MHz] TClock @ 200 [MHz] DDR @ 800 [MHz] DRAM: 2 GiB U-Boot DT blob at : 000000007f7161b8 Comphy-0: USB3 5 Gbps Comphy-1: PEX0 2.5 Gbps Comphy-2: SATA0 6 Gbps ... Marvell>> sspi SF: Detected mx25u3235f with page size 256 Bytes, erase size 64 KiB, total 4 MiB Marvell>> version U-Boot 2017.03-armada-17.10.2-g255b9cc (Nov 07 2018 - 09:48:30 +0800) aarch64-linux-gnu-g…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 6.9k views
  85. Started by spqr,

    I've installed the latest u-boot for the boards I'm working with (I have a v5 and a v7) and while I have been able to figure out how to set the MAC in linux, I would like to set the WAN MAC at the uboot level if possible. The u-boot environment variables seem to have no affect. I've flashed two boards and they both come up with the same MAC in Armbian f0:ad:4e:03:64:7f Can this somehow be altered before flashing the new u-boot?

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.1k views
  86. Hi there, I've recently ordered a miniPCIe Wifi adapter for the Espressobin, so it can act as WiFi Access Point. The device does recognise the card (using `pci` in u-boot lists the device), but the kernel doesn't. All I can see is the following in dmesg output: [ 2.969072] advk-pcie d0070000.pcie: link never came up [ 2.974496] advk-pcie d0070000.pcie: PCI host bridge to bus 0000:00 [ 2.980995] pci_bus 0000:00: root bus resource [bus 00-ff] [ 2.986325] pci_bus 0000:00: root bus resource [mem 0xe8000000-0xe8ffffff] [ 2.993793] pci_bus 0000:00: root bus resource [io 0x0000-0xffff] (bus address [0xe9000000-0xe9) [ 4.435260] advk-pcie d00700…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4.6k views
  87. Started by pygr,

    Hi, With a downloaded and installed Armbian Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS image things seem to work as expected: lan0 and lan1 act like they are ports on an ordinary ethernet switch. My LAN is connected to lan0 and a device (HDHomeRun) is connected to lan1. The device and the Espressobin are accessible from other computers on the LAN and the Espressobin can access everything on my LAN (and beyond). But, digging deeper, something isn't quite right. The DHCP server on my LAN has been configured to assign a fixed IP address to br0 and the DHCP client for br0 on the Espressobin should be activated by /etc/systemd/network/10-br0.network: ebin@espressobin:~$ c…

  88. Since I don't have one unit yet and the information related to this board is scarce, I'd like to ask if someone who owns one could test what the power budget for the board is. In Marvell's github wiki there is the following mention: It would be really great if under load and with all the network ports connected to gigabit the board only took 1W@12V. I found a script in github that would help to reduce power usage: https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/main/wiki/Power-Saving-Script Thanks for you help. Depending on the results I may have a solution for one project where I need to use a dual-lan board with low…

  89. Hi all, I have an espressobin v5, running the newest Armbian 20.02.01 Buster that is available online (installed just recently). I am using this device as a home gateway/router so there is hostapd, dnsmasq, iptables that kind which is all working perfectly. But I cannot enable name resolution for the subnet!! Packet forwarding works fine, if I set the DNS manually on any of the devices connected to the subnet then the connection works perfectly but I would prefer to have it performed dynamically for any guest that connects. I installed bind9, this is the named.conf.options file: acl allowed_clients { localhost; 172.24.0…

  90. Hi, I have bought a couple of ESPRESSOBin and I want to start some experiments. I have encounter some oddities on schematics and gpio description. Schematics question: On my two boars there is written that the circuit version is 5.1 but on the official wiki I have found only 4.0.1 schematics. Someone known were the updated schematics can be find? I have found some different links: Official wiki page Documents name report V4.0, schematics file report v4.0.1, date 21/01/2017 Official tech spec Documents name report V5.0, schematics file report v4.0.1, date 08/03/2017 Gpio question: On gpio map there is some NC but assign…

  91. I am trying to use each Espressobin network port as a independent network interface ( each connected to separate a network). Using systemd.networkd configuration. I have linux systems connected to each port and only one of the ports (lan0) receives anything but broadcast packets. All ports were monitored with tcpdump on both ends. Espressobin board (V5) sends ARP requests on all ports but only hears reply on lan0 . The MAC address for eth0 is different from each interface MAC address. Although replies to other ports are sent with the correct MAC address for that port, the reply seems to be filtered/dropped and not received, However the port does receive broadcast packets.…

  92. so on 2018-11-20 i've ordered an espressobin and tried armbian. and i probably got bitten by "yet another spi chip". using: U-Boot 2017.03-armada-18.09.1-ga92bd86-armbian (Sep 05 2018 - 21:49:34 +0200) i get: SF: unrecognized JEDEC id bytes: 9d, 70, 16. from the chip lookup (U10): IS25WP032 - UNSUPPORTED by armbian as of 2018-11-29 so i will try to gather already seen spi chips and their status with corresponding armbian uboots/kernels. since i'm new in the espressobin land, i ask other owners to post their chips and status.

  93. Started by StarSurfer,

    Hello everybody and a nice evening. I have two EspressoBin 1GB at home and try desperately to change the static IP. No matter if in the armbian-config or under /etc/systemd/network/10-br0.network I just can not get it. Does anyone else have any advice? I've already tried Google and the forum search but any attempt fails that the IP is constantly jumping or that I no longer get a gateway. Armbian is a great distro and nobody has gotten the kernel to work so far. I hope you can help me. Alone a nice evening :-) LG StarSurfer

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4.6k views
  94. I'm sooooo close to sharing a WIP for building armbiain for espressobin , but I'm having trouble getting armbian builder to use the file name for the kernel package deb. │ dpkg-deb: building package 'linux-headers-4.4.8-mvebu64' in '../linux-headers-4.4.8-mvebu64_5.27_arm64.deb'. │ │ dpkg-deb: building package 'linux-libc-dev' in '../linux-libc-dev_5.27_arm64.deb'. │ │ dpkg-deb: building package 'linux-image-4.4.8-mvebu64' in '../linux-image-4.4.8-mvebu64_5.27_arm64.deb'. …

  95. I am running armbian 5.44 testing Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.14.40-mvebu64 on the espressobin and quite enjoy the default setting of plugin it into my my network without having to change anything (no changes to DHCP, routing, existing firewall and port redirection settings), but I have no way of introspecting the network like I would like. My project is to have a monitoring device on my home network that then helps me set up traffic shaping rules (eg. stop those annoying updates of the "other OS" from preventing everyone from using the internet, simple browsing rendered unusable). For that I want to use ntopng bridging and policying https://www.ntop.org/…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.6k views
  96. The u-boot I used is flash-image-1g-2cs-800_800.bin. It can boot linux from usb and in linux, it can detect my emmc. root@espressobin:~# dmesg|grep -i mmc [ 4.266090] mmc0: SDHCI controller on d00d8000.sdhci [d00d8000.sdhci] using ADMA [ 4.308521] mmc0: new DDR MMC card at address 0001 [ 4.309517] mmcblk0: mmc0:0001 SEM04G 3.69 GiB [ 4.310228] mmcblk0boot0: mmc0:0001 SEM04G partition 1 2.00 MiB [ 4.310928] mmcblk0boot1: mmc0:0001 SEM04G partition 2 2.00 MiB [ 4.311176] mmcblk0rpmb: mmc0:0001 SEM04G partition 3 2.00 MiB, chardev (243:0) [ 4.311340] mmc1: SDHCI controller on d00d0000.sdhci [d00d0000.sdhci] using ADMA [ 4.316565] mmcblk0: p1 B…

    • Reputation Points

    • 9 replies
    • 6.5k views
  97. Started by jdonoghue,

    Previously running a different Linux, I followed the instructions to update the boot loader so I could try Armbian on my Espressobin. The update completed ok, but could no longer read from the SD card. After several hours of frustration, I attempted to revert back to the original boot loader and found I could no longer tftp or update from USB. After several days of frustration, I am near the point of giving up. Here's what happens when I attempt to use the UART rescue found at the Espressobin web site: Marvell>> usb start starting USB... USB0: Register 2000104 NbrPorts 2 Starting the controller USB XHCI 1.00 USB1: USB EHCI 1.00 scanning bus 0 for device…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.7k views
  98. can somebody confirm this problem? in the year 2017 someone mentioned in http://espressobin.net/forums/topic/boot-behavior-of-the-switch-and-security/ some security concerns with older uboot bootloaders and port-mask setting in armada-3720-espressobin.dts(i) this seems still to be the case in the current released armbian bootloaders found in https://dl.armbian.com/espressobin/u-boot/ WTMI-devel-18.12.1-e6bb176 U-Boot 2018.03-devel-18.12.3-gc9aa92c-armbian (Feb 20 2019 - 09:45:04 +0100) since they also seem to use port-mask = <0xf> instead of the suggested port-mask = <0x3> ?! https://github.com…

  99. Recently acquired an Espressobin Ultra. When I attach an ssd (a Kingston 500GB NVMe 2280 M.2) to it the device won't start. It displays no sign of powering on. I have tried two different SSDs. no difference. Without one attached as soon as power sis applied all the ethernet interface LEDs flash briefly. With the SSD card that doesn't happen. There is no activity at the console. Do I need to change jumpers or do some other setting at the Marvell prompt before attaching it? Help would be much appreciated. Many thanks LA.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.5k views
  100. Morning All, Around a year and a half ago I found the USB port from my Espressobin V5 had broken off. This has not greatly affected me because the board itself continued to operate perfectly up to the point of merging with the mainline kernel 5.x which it simply will not boot, I am assuming because a new boot script needs to be set for the device as described on the download page ( https://www.armbian.com/espressobin/ ) but of course I am unable to access the U-Boot command without serial communication. I have set the kernel update on hold thus far, but this of course cannot hold forever. Is there anyway to update the boot script without access to serial commu…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.