Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

General Chat

An area for discussing general topics about Armbian on TV Boxes

  1. I am trying to build an armbian img. with mainline kernels for s905x3 tvboxes ( especially h96 max x3 and X96_Max_plus ) . However , Since these boxes are not supported by armbian , I am wondering if anyone has even succeeded in building an up-to-date armbian without ethernet/sound issues ? Regards !

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.2k views
  2. Yes, I am new to forum. Yes, I searched. But I still have questions. My story: At the beginning of the year (2021) I bought one orange pi zero 2 board at a good price. It was around 18 euro. I am very happy with the small board. So I was think to buy a second one. Turn out due to global chip shortage, the price of the board jump to 27 euro. The price is not attritive for me any more. Then I watched a youtube video. I think a lot of people watch the same video. Armbian install on H6 tv Box. so I bought the 'same' Tv box. Apparently, I did not read the spec carefully. The model I bought it is not with H6 CPU, but with H616 CPU. Yes, all the steps wh…

  3. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Hi! I saw that, even if not officially supported, there is a lot of discussion about armbian on tv boxes. I read that amlogic ones are not really a good choice and rockchip and allwinner ones should be the right choice instead. I am thinking to buy a tv box to play with armbian, you know...for fun! But I am quite undecided. Would be an Allwinner H6 the best option or should I buy something with a Rockchip 3229, 3288 or 3388? And moreover, what would be the best choice and why between the Rockchip ones? I have already read the thread "Status of Armbian on TV Boxes - Please Read First" but at the moment there are no informations regarding Rockchip and Allwinner.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 6.8k views
  4. Started by javi,

    Hi. I need restore emm in tv Box with sx905x2. I need help, I doubts Emmc.IMG.7z has 2.13 GB compressed The image uncompressed has 31.27 GB. What file should use? The methods is with USB Burning tool? I need confirm (sorry for my English, is ver bad) Thanks

  5. Hello, I am newbie to linux. I have loaded the armbian 5.14xx image in NAND Flash through nand sata install.However wifi is not working. how to fix this issue? I already used modprobe rtl8192cu command but it does not work. https://ometv.onl https://chatroulette.top https://omegle.wtf https://bazoocam.cam thanks tanmaysaha

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3k views
  6. Please help me I follow all instructions on videos but I still get this message! Eror! Block map file is too short https://imgur.com/a/9gd62fB

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.5k views
  7. For the few that keep an eye to the Amlogic CPU Boxes i have being unable to even bootup Armbian on my X96 Max+ So i took a look around ..... To my surprise i found quite some activity on both Rockchip & Allwinner and makes me scratch my head If i am not mistaken Rockchip has done some work on providing drivers but .... The Amlogic boxes carry a far better price/performance ratio or am I wrong ? Other than that i took a quick look around and the alternatives for e.g. S905X3 are quite expensive or way too old to compete,,,,am I missing something ?

  8. Started by Darknight,

    Seem the kernel custom source of S905W - TX3 mini no longer maintance and it is removed on the github of @balbes150. I want to continues develop and apply some bug fix. Anyone have this repository, please share me. Thank you very much!

  9. problem with the wifi mac address are the same at all s905 tv box hi i have a problem about the mac address on the android box. i use 3 boxes and the wifi mac address are the same. 1. i'm using firmware "Armbian_5.77_Aml-s905_Ubuntu_bionic_default_5.0.2_20190401" - use the uEnv.ini to flash the ubuntu into the box. 2. the box CPU: Amlogic S905D, ARM Cortex-A53, Quad Core 2GHz WIFI/Bluetooth: CYW43455 (same as Raspberry Pi 3B+) 2.4G/5G WiFi IEEE 802.11n/ac with Integrated Bluetooth 4.1 could you let me know is it the firmware change the wifi mac address? if so, which part of the firmware will not change the mac address? thanks you

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4.6k views
  10. Started by Hemin,

    Hello, I have troubles tryng to boot with the last armbian 20.10 buster with my s905w box, and I think may be the problem is on this "The start system in Coreelec is not compatible with LibreELECE Armbian etc.". I boot form Emuelec (not corelec) without any problem. Maybe Emuelec=Corelec boot so I can't boot from armbian? Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.6k views
  11. Started by amirul,

    https://my.banggood.com/H96-MAX-RK3566-SDRAM-8GB-DDR3-64GB-eMMC-ROM-Android-11_0-8K-UHD-TV-Box-bluetooth-4_0-5G-Wifi-1000M-LAN-H_265-VP9-4K-Decoder-Voice-Control-OTT-Box-p-1820334.html?cur_warehouse=CN&ID=47184&rmmds=search This might get me back to tinkering with TV boxes again.

  12. # apt-get install linux-image-current-meson64 Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following NEW packages will be installed: linux-image-current-meson64 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded. Need to get 0 B/42.5 MB of archives. After this operation, 214 MB of additional disk space will be used. Selecting previously unselected package linux-image-current-meson64. (Reading database ... 85331 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack .../linux-image-current-meson64_21.02.3_arm64.deb ... Unpacking linux-image-current-meson64 (21.02.3) ... Setting up linux-image-current-mes…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4.6k views
  13. Where is possible to get archive kernel-sources for Armbian to compile kernel on x96mini Amlogic S905w tvbox?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.5k views
  14. Hello, i am youness from morocoo It is possible to use X96 Q TV Box Amlogic S905W 2gb/16gb as wifi repeater Tank you.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 5.4k views
  15. I opened this theme to support running ArmbianTV on 32-bit ARM models. To date, there are first results on launching ArmbianTV on the Rockchip rk3288 and AML s8xx platform (in the future, by analogy with aarch64, I plan to switch to a common image for all 32-bit models of TV boxes). The link to the images https://yadi.sk/d/85ZvBuXyyenf_A MEGA (name -rk3288) https://mega.nz/#F!j9QSDQSQ!6WpasOlbZYIInfw6yo4phQ Now you can download the latest versions of images and DEB packages from the official Armbian resource via the link. https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/ Recommended startup pro…

  16. Dear All, I have a Beelink s905 box with Armbian (Ubuntu 19.10). I have problems to install Mosquitto as it is required a package which i don't know how to install: The following packages have unmet dependencies: mosquitto:armhf : Depends: libwebsockets8:armhf (>= 1.6.0) but it is not installable E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages. I am okay to use another type of Mqtt broker but couldn't find a solution I am searching for hours now.. Somebody has any ideas? Thank you in advance

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 9.4k views
  17. Started by jincy,

    I'm doing a project on a board with s905w processor. but the wifi isn't working on it. Can anyone please upload the source code of s9012p wifi chip?

  18. Started by Oskar Erick Gelvez,

    Good afternoon. I want to install Armbian on a Galileo MYF tablet with an ARM Cortex-A9 1.2GHz processor. Is it possible to do it through the microSD or should I use the UART of the microphone port? thank you

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 4.7k views
  19. Started by rican,

    Hello, Is there an easy way to migrate from python 3.7.3 to python 3.8 ? Thanks in advance for your help. Cordially. Ricardo Ps: my configuration. Hardware : X96 Mini, SOC: Amlogic S905W, CPU: ARM Cortex-A53, RAM: 2GB DDR3, e-MMC: 16GB Build : Armbian_20.07_Arm-64_buster_current_5.7.9.img.xz OS: Armbian Buster with Linux 5.3.0-aml-g12 - aarch64 Software: Home Assistant 2021.1.4

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.2k views
  20. Started by SteeMan,

    I have begun to make some changes to the TV Box 'Club' area. The overall goal is to provide more useful information to users and reduce the support workload of answering the same questions over and over again. To that end there is now a FAQ forum on the menu. While it is currently empty and just a place holder it should provide a centralized location for TV Box information over time. The second new addition is the forum titled 'TV Boxes running Armbian'. The idea here is to provide a maintained list of current information with links to the details for boxes reported by the community to be successfully running armbian. Both…

  21. Started by MX10.AC2N,

    Hello everyone, and first of all a big THANK YOU @ balbes150 ..! I have an MX10 that I only want to use to set up a NextCloud server. I can boot from my SD card that I flashed Armbian_20.07_Rk3328-tv_bullseye_current_5.7.8_desktop.img.xz with rk3328-box.dtb ( maybe i need use rk3328-evb.dtb ?? ) But I can't install NextCloud Server.. Can you tell me if what I want to do is achievable ? What would be the best img to set up Nextcloud server among bionic, bulleyes, focal, ...? ( first I try focal img but same issue can't install nextcloud server ) Would it be possible to build an img for RK3328 that is only dedicated to setting up a NextCloud Server? ( Nex…

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 8.6k views
  22. For all fans of writing nonsense, spam, provocative messages, piracy ads, and so on. All your posts and topics will be deleted without warning. Information for everyone. The old Amlogic kernel contain a large number of Trojans and the security system is completely destroyed, which allows all sorts of freaks and scammers to access the system with these cores. Therefore, all information about images with old Amlogic cores will be deleted without warning.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.9k views
  23. Started by amirul,

    Linux 5.10 ARM64 Has A "8~20x" Performance Optimization Using 20201123 (kernel 5.10-rc4) now. Doesn't feel 8-20x faster, maybe benchmarks will show

    • Reputation Points

    • 17 replies
    • 7.7k views
  24. Started by TRS-80,

    This is an adaptation of something @SteeMan wrote in this post, but we need to refer to it often enough that I thought I would make it into a sticky. Amlogic (S9xx) Android based TV Boxes 1. They are not supported. 2. A single developer (@balbes150) had worked years on getting things to the state they are. 3. As of October 14th, 2020 balbes150 removed support for Amlogic CPUs, so that is the last build that will maybe work on your box. 4. There is a very small number of people on this forum/club that are able to provide any guidance. 5. Most likely no one on this forum/club has ever seen your specific box. 6. Expectations should be set low (i…

  25. Magicsee N6 Max rk3399 Doesn't boot on sd-card The last bootable image was 5.90-rc8 Kernel 5.97 works when copied to that image

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 7.9k views
  26. I installed Focal Armbian ( Desktop version ) at my tvbox and everything is so far so good . Only a small issue hassles me : after the desktop launches , I had to use the mouse to click the desktop so that it can receive focus . Only after that , can I use the arrow keys to move the focus between icons. If I press the arrow keys just after desktop launches , nothing happens ---- obviously , sth. steals the focus . Is it a normal behavior as expected ? May I config sth. to avoid using mouse to retrieve the focus to desktop ? Thankyou for your attention :)

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.4k views
  27. Started by Coboy Ciamis,

    Hai . . can you install cisco on armbian?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.8k views
  28. The start system in Coreelec is not compatible with LibreELECE Armbian etc. If you run coreelec on your TV box, you will no longer be able to run LE and Armbian normally until the full recovery of the standard firmware via the USB Burn Tool and the new activation of the universal multi-boot, which is used in all new systems. Questions that do not specify exact details (the exact image version, TV box model, detailed steps that were performed for DTB settings, and so on) will be ignored and deleted. For all. I don't support s905x3. I don't have this equipment. All messages about this platform deleted. What works or doesn't work from this equipment…

  29. Started by Bozza,

    Hello everybody is there a good tutorial to compile u-boot.ext? Or are there perhaps any quality sources that already have u-boot.ext files? Thank you

  30. Guest

    I couldn't find the answer anywhere. I don't want to erase the onboard android os but I was wondering if I can boot from the sdcard without having to turn the box upside down and and pinching it with a pin.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4.1k views
  31. Started by Rafa,

    The 8189es module for wifi driver has dissapear in Amlogic 5.9.0-arm-64 #20.10 SMP PREEMPT Wed Oct 14 12:04:42 MSK 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux releas TIA

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.3k views
  32. Information for users of TV boxes on the Anlogic platform. At the beginning of the year, I already warned that support for AML will be reduced, now it's time, I completely stop supporting all TV boxes based on AML. Therefore, for those who definitely need ArmbianTV, I strongly recommend that you no longer buy models of TV boxes with Amlogic chips and switch to using supported hardware. AML support is Available exclusively for several models whose manufacturers cooperate with Armbian. In all new versions of images and the kernel, I will add various security mechanisms that will create serious problems, including hardware problems and hardware failure. Therefore, I s…

  33. Started by Sergey2k,

    I try to use image Armbian_19.11.3_Aml-g12_bionic_legacy_5.3.0_desktop_20191126.img for device with S905X3. TV box is called X96 Air. Unfortunately, I can't make multi boot. I've got error: -- Install /udisk/aml_autoscript.zip ... Verifying update package... E:footer is wrong Update package verification took 0.1 s (result 1). E:Signature verification failed E:error: 21 Installation aborted. How I can do it?

  34. Started by Tarzanus,

    Anyone has the following box and managed to find the correct dtb?The box is being sold under "Android 9.0 TV Box A95X Z2 4GB RAM 64GB 2.4G 5G Wifi RK3318 Quad Core..." name on aliexpress and ebay. I tried copying armbian to sd-card and it refuses to boot. I checked various DTBs with no luck. Anyone else got it to work?

  35. Started by huynhnhat,

    help me with: I do to this part, then report an error who knows how to fix it curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/hassio-build/master/install/hassio_install | bash -s -- -m raspberrypi3

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.5k views
  36. Started by flippy,

    In the mainline kernel, meson-gxl-s905d-phicomm-n1.dts has been around for a long time, but there has been a problem of high CPU load. I fixed it and it has been stable for several months, so it is shared for reference . I think the cause of the problem is that the IRQ is wrong. The original value is 29 and needs to be changed to 25. // SPDX-License-Identifier: (GPL-2.0+ OR MIT) /* * Copyright (c) 2018 He Yangxuan */ /dts-v1/; #include "meson-gxl-s905d-p230.dts" / { compatible = "phicomm,n1", "amlogic,s905d", "amlogic,meson-gxl"; model = "Phicomm N1"; cvbs-connector { status = "disabled"; }; leds { …

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 15.6k views
  37. Hi All Unable to start Armbian on my Smart TV Box, I would like to ask your opinion on the correct boot procedure. I describe my test: I took the file Armbian_5.87_Aml-s905_Ubuntu_bionic_default_5.1.0_desktop_20190521.img.xz I took the Etcher program version 1.5.39. With the program Etcher I flash the "file.Armbian_5.87...img.xz" in my SD (16 GB). in Windows 7 with notepad ++ I modified the uEnv.ini file as follows: test 1 dtb_name=/dtb/meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb test 2 dtb_name =/dtb/meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dtb I left the other information written in the uEnv.ini file unchanged I inserted …

  38. Hi, a quick start for this TV Box. There are several comments on the 905x3 thread but, for the sake of easiness, I've created this blank new thread. My experience with H96 Max X3: (1) Downloaded (from yandex) and burned Armbian Armbian_20.05.3_Arm-64_buster_dev_5.7.0-rc2-next-20200424_desktop.img (2) Copied the /dtb/meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb into the SD card and modifed uEnv.txt to load that dtb and uncommented the 'APPEND' entry on aml s9xxx section (3) Made a copy of u-boot.sd into u-boot.ext (4) Booted with 'the toothpick method', armbian started, basic setup, there you go... perfect armbian desktop (5) I did a copy of bo…

  39. Hi Everyone, I am having trouble installing kernel headers in order to build and install the neccessary wifi drivers for my rtl8188eu dongle. I have tried installing the headers from armbian-config as suggested elsewhere in the forum but nothing seems to happen. For reference, i am running armbian on an amlogic s912 box. Release: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS uname -r: 5.5.0-rc6-aml-s9xxx Error Message: make ARCH=aarch64 CROSS_COMPILE= -C /lib/modules/5.5.0-rc6-aml-s9xxx/build M=/home/***/Downloads/rtlquick/rtl8188eus modules make[1]: *** /lib/modules/5.5.0-rc6-aml-s9xxx/build: No such file or directory. Stop. …

  40. Started by feliscatus12,

    Is there any Armbian build compatible with this device? If there's none, can Armbian be built for it instead?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 8.7k views
  41. Hi Guys, Android TV Box cs968 Rockchip 3188, Is It Possible to replace the Native Adroid O/S become pure Linux O/S like this Armbian ? I've google many times and find no answers yet ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.6k views
  42. I managed to install Armbian Focal Legacy Minimal on my MXQPro-RK3228A without any problem, but only the HDMI video output works. Has anyone managed to use the analog output? My installation does not have u-boot. The boot configurations are in armbianEnv.txt.

  43. Started by balbes150,

    To start the system enough to download, unzip, burn the image to the SD card. Connect the SD card to the EDGE and turn the power on. The system starts automatically. Details on the initial setup of the running system can be found in these topics. https://yadi.sk/d/ie_dx5x_w2xUIQ https://mega.nz/#F!n1hihSKT!8kYublAPG4RtwSIBihOkVg

  44. Started by Albert Barcelona,

    HI there, I'm a newbie trying to create a specific thread for this TV Box. There is some interesting stuff on the 905x3 thread but I'd rather have a single thread for X96 Air to share owners' experiences and achivements. So, opening the thread here, I'll try now to add anything specific I find about the x96 Air. Please contribute but don't mix with 'similar' boxes. Thanks! Trying to draft a guide based on the other thread notes specific to the X96 Air. dtb with ethernet fix (from ciprian28 post) --> (-- Updated on May 9th --) tried this on the H96 Max X3 and works. Step by step ar…

  45. I found the correct method to fix the bug that the x96-max-plus(s905x3) gigabit ethernet does not work: Up to now, only HK1Box/vontar x3 is the only s905x3 TV box that can be used perfectly in armbian. So I extracted the bootloader of hk1box and wrote it into x96-max-plus, and it worked. This method is very simple, so it is recommended to everyone in need. Step 1: upload three dtbs into /boot/dtb/amlogic : meson-sm1-x96-max-plus-100m.dtb meson-sm1-x96-max-plus.dtb meson-sm1-hk1box-vontar-x3.dtb (Similar to meson-sm1-x96-max-plus.dtb, only the modal name is changed) Step 2: modify /boot/uEnv.txt, replace dtb…

  46. I've used DroidCam on Windows 10 with no problems. The dev supports Linux, but for 64-bit binaries only. Is there any alternatives for Armbian? Even just microphone will do.. I am planning to repurpose my old android phone which barely runs any apps

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.2k views
  47. Started by ikbel,

    Hi, I have purchased The Magicsee N6 Max android box, and I was trying to put armbian on it. Where can I find the steps needed for this? Is there any prebuilt images I can use? I tried to use https://github.com/rockchip-linux/tools/tree/master/linux/Linux_Upgrade_Tool with an SD card but I wasn't following any steps so now the boards doesn't boot anymore. Thanks

  48. Started by anbodearg,

    Hi all, I was running Armbian as a LAMP server on x96Max board on emmc. I was using a USB Wifi dongle, and also a USB thumbdrive for local storage. Everything was working great..24/7 for a few weeks. Then suddenly just stopped. Now the board won't start-up at power-on. Tried toothpick reset, and also I've tried several PSUs, which work ok with other boards. I have a 5V/4A PSU, and a couple of 5V/2A PSUs. There's no LED, and no HDMI signal. And the Wifi dongle doesn't light up (so the OS isn't starting). Also I've checked for voltage 5VDC at different points on the board - eg the USB ports, and there is…

  49. Hello, I have installed Buster version on the eMMC of my X96 Air (4/32 Go). And unfortunately, no WIFI due to some errors with the Wireless chipset RTL8822cs (my report HERE) I have found this discussions about this driver: https://askubuntu.com/posts/1067500/revisions But the last version is 5.6.1 for kernel version (https://github.com/cilynx/rtl88x2bu) and mine is 5.7.0. Do you think that I can try this solution in spite of this ? Thanks in advance

  50. First of all, I should mention that the TV box we got was probably a clone one. Original MXQ Pro 4K 5G has an Amlogic chipset. We got an old Allwinner H3 which to my recent knowledge is very old now. This was our first TV box purchase and yeah, admittedly, we should have searched deeper before purchasing anything. Luckily, we got the box dirt cheap.. around $20 only. It runs Android 7.1.2 which is good for media playback, but hella laggy even for light multitasking or even light web browsing. We bought the TV box hoping my siblings could seamlessly use it for their remote learning. I heard Beelink X2 has an H3 and used to have official Armbian support, so I grabbed the im…

  51. Started by pcconsult,

    Hello! I am a novice on this forum. My device is the new (so far) X96 MAX. Now I am preparing to install on it the latest Armbian-ubuntu. My X96 MAX is with S905X2 chip, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, gigabyte ethernet, dual-band wifi adapter. Please help me with some tips for this operation!

  52. Started by erew,

    @balbes150(sorry to @ you and hope youre keeping well!!) I have a Beelink GT King, which its motherboard lists as being version 2.2-S922X-4G-64G/A It has a terrible stability problem using meson-g12b-gtking.dtb (I have tried the pro file as well as others in case, but it wont boot with those). The problem I am experiencing is that when any high level of file transfers occur, the system freezes. The mouse etc locks up, the time/clock freezes at the time of the system hanging and the system drops off the network (stops responding to ping). Ive tried multiple revisions of Ubuntu that can be currently downloaded on Yandex, and been through …

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 7.5k views
  53. Started by dgm78,

    Hi! If start with g12a-x96-max.dtb ethernet works and no sound, with sm1-sei610 no ethernet and sound works. I tried to exchange sections of dts files between version (two way), but when I use DTC to convert to dtb, so many conflicts of phandle address already used. How to solve?!

  54. Hi, Could someone please help, I am trying to install Ubuntu on Mygica 1960 AML S912B currently running android 7.12. I have watched so many YouTube videos and read articles on getting Linux installed on an android TV box and sadly I have not been successful. I have tried all the following images; Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.038_Aml-s9xxx_bullseye_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200205.img Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.038_Aml-s9xxx_eoan_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200205.img Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.037_Aml-s9xxx_buster_current_5.5.0-rc6_20200205.img Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.037_Aml-s9xxx_bionic_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200205.img altlinux_mat…

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 5.5k views
  55. I have a TV box with S905L3B (dtb file in android system is named gxlx2_p291_1g.dtb). However, I can't find a suitable dtb file for Armbian. So I wonder if I or someone else can adjust or modify the dtb file to boot an Armbian system if I have the gxlx2_p291_1g.dtb and gxlx2_p291_1g.dts files from the Android system(4.4.2)?

  56. Started by odin,

    Before I throw this device away I want to make sure I tried everything, The emmc / storage is completely shot, I tried the USB_Burning_Tool to restore the firmware but quickly fails at formating step, I tried the sdcard Burn_Card_Maker which did succed in booting, but quickly fails when showing the Upgrading screen. with nothing plugged in it doesn't show the amlogic logo or any hdmi signal, holding the reset button doesnt do anything either. so my question is can I boot anything with the aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT, I flashed the armbian image and added the aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT to the boot header of the sdcard, but all I get it a black screen (but I do …

  57. Started by ClubSun,

    Hello, I'm using the x96 max and i have this problem Anyone know a solution to this please? Thank you for your time in advance!

  58. I've been planning to try out Armbian on my MXQ Pro 4K 5G (2/16GB) which has Allwinner H3 and originally runs a rooted version of Android 7.1.2. My TV box had an issue recently and I had to flash the firmware for Sunvell R69 to it (no original firmware files found just yet), everything works except Wi-Fi and improper RAM and ROM readings (1/8GB). I've read that there was an official support for Beelink X2 before. Since I do have an Allwinner H3, I decided to give Armbian a try. I've searched for the firmware online, but all my youtube/google searches results leads to https://www.armbian.com/beelinkx2/ which appears to not host the file anymore. Clicking either Armbian Bio…

  59. Started by FrizzleFry,

    Hello there! after some tinkering i finally managed to boot Armbian_20.09_Arm-64_buster_current_5.8.10 from SD on my X96 box, using meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb Now i want to install to eMMC and i learned that sudo /root/install-aml.sh should take care of that. From what i understand i also need to copy u-boot.ext and name it u-boot.sd (although im not sure if that applies to my situation) After doing those steps and booting with sd card removed, i am getting the following: I tried to search for answers, but i'm completely lost. I dont have a lot of linux experience, let alone armbian. If someone could point…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 5.9k views
  60. Started by Wizzard,

    I wonder if there is some Armbian/another distro for RK3066A based chipset. I heard something about Picuntu, but seems that the download links are no longer working and it is based on some outdated Ubuntu distro. Any idea what else can I find for this device?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  61. Started by admin_from_Mars,

    I have a problem. I try to boot "Armbian_5.67_Aml-s9xxx_Debian_stretch_default_4.19.7_20181228.img.xz" on a S905L 3B TV box, the ditb file use the default one (it works for S905L). I use a TTL to USB device to check signal, and it started to login stage. However, the LAN port and HDMI port seem not work, as I can' t use SSH to connect to Armbian and I can't see any thing on the screen. So I guess maybe the dtb file is not suitable, and there may not be a suitable dtb for S905L3B. Could I modfiy a dtb file based on the S905L dtb file and the dtb file from the Andriod system in the S905L 3B TV box?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 10.1k views
  62. I have a problem. “ddbr” can not make a backup of a andriod system in a Amlogic S905 TV box with a NAND flash, see this link for more details. When I use 'ddbr' in an Ambian system booted by USB drive, it shows below: root@SumavisionQ5:~# ddbr DO YOU WANT TO BACKUP OR RESTORE ? BACKUP=(b) RESTORE=(r) b UNABLE TO FIND ANY EMMC OR SD DRIVES ON THIS SYSTEM!!! I think someone else must have the same problem. Can we make an improvement of 'ddbr' , so that it can be used for a NAND flash.

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.8k views
  63. Started by msacco,

    Hey guys, I'm looking for a pretty budget TV box under $50, I really don't need much from it but here are a few things that are very important for me: Speed - I've had experience with super slow smart TV devices in the past, generally a cheap smart TV is simply pure sh*t. So I don't really need anything that should be capable of gaming, I'll probably never use that, but I do want the TV box to operate fast. Outer storage ability - Probably the most important thing for me is a device that will be able to hold up external storages(flash drive, SD card, HDD(?)). I believe I've seen some TV boxes that only support up to 64GB of SD card, I would really lo…

  64. Hi Team, I am psyched to utilized my IPTV box that has been laying around for a while unused. I am looking for right instructions with compatible OS image for it. Pleasepoint me to the right thread that covers this topic and mentions the pre=requisites. Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4.8k views
  65. Hi guys, I hava just installed Amlogic into TX3 mini, but dont have sound. I tried some versions (Armbian_20.09_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.8.7.img.xz, Armbian_20.05.0_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.6.0-rc4_desktop_20200314.img.xz, Armbian_5.77_Aml-s905_Ubuntu_bionic_default_5.0.2_20190401.img.xz), but no sound for all of those versions. Could you please help me ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.6k views
  66. Started by StacherFox,

    Hi, I'm using balbes image for my S905W and I'm not getting hardware video acceleration to work. I tried many versions but none worked. Can somebody help me? Do I need to enable something?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  67. Started by Matteo Fedeli,

    Hi! I bought this box https://it.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009329759547.html and now I want to install armbian but stuck on the blue logo at boot. I added in dtb amlogic folder, by searching on the web, the gxm_q2012g_1gbit.dtb because in the folder I can't found... Any solutions?

  68. Don't know if this is the correct section, but I couldn't find any info. Googling is confusing since this is aarch64 not x86 Linux ! Inquiries are for generic TV boxes, presumably by @balbes150 1. Does any Armbian distro allow playing videogames including retro? ( Steam now has Retroarch in beta.) b. Can Retro games be installed/run on these S905 tv boxes? 2. Given that Steam Remote Play and Parsec are screen sharing packages, is it possible to stream server installed games to Armbian TV client boxes? 3. How about installing Steam Link/ Proton and/or Lutris? Above are available on Ubuntu Gamepack…

  69. Started by Marconi,

    Hi, I have this box, R329Q_V8.0 RK3228A and when you turn on the word ANDROID and the following the 7 lines: E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument) E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument) E:failed to mount /metadata (Invalid argument) E:failed to mount /metadata (Invalid argument) Supported API: 3 E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument) E:Can ́t mount /cache/recovery/last_locale I've tried to upgrade with several ROM's but to no avail. Any ideas? Running rkDumper appears the message : Partition "system" (0x006000000) Filesystem file size is not equal partition size. Marconi

  70. Hello experts! Yet another person asking for help! (YAPAFH) I have made a purchase of a very cheap Android box with the sole intention of running Armbian on these boxes. I have purchased 3 of them. To my surprise I couldn't find the SD card slot, so opening it up I see the SD card slot is missing, but the footprint is on the board, and looks like the related components were not placed. Is there any point in trying to get Armbian working on this box? Can I load via USB? (with no SD card initially) Thank you in advance for your time! SirRedZ

  71. Started by menthorul,

    Hi there, Minix Neo X8-h plus any tutorial or similar cpu? I think it's aprox like s802 or s812... not sure

  72. hey, i have a tv box that uses the armbian firmware, can i install teleconference app like "zoom meeting" on my tv box? . . sorry for my bad english _/|\_

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.1k views
  73. Started by Gausus,

    Ethernet and sound works using DTB meson-sm1-sei610.dtb. Start working in 20200901-dev kernel 5.9 Rc3. (focal).

  74. Started by Gausus,

    I have tested video playback on: X96max plus (S905x3) TX5 pro (S905x) M96X (S912) -1080p youtube playback from chromium h264ify addon. -Video playback 1080p from MPV in full screen, window mode often lag. On bionic video plays fine from chromium and youtube , but in focal video lags. Testet on kernel 5.7 rc 2 before and after apt upgrade to kernel 5.7.16 Tested on latest focal and earlier versions on focal. No setting are changed Even when running same kernel on focal and bionic the same thing happen (video lag on focal). Why does focal videoplayback lag. What settings are changed i focal ? …

    • Reputation Points

    • 10 replies
    • 5.9k views
  75. Started by Uwu,

    Hello all, I have sadly had to reinstall my nicely build Armbian system after a bad update I can't run ddbr to make a backup of my eMMC. Whether as root on my OS on eMMC, or booted from USB drive, command "ddbr" does not exist. What can I do? This seems to be missing on both Armbian_20.08_Arm-64_focal_current_5.7.15_desktop.img and Armbian_20.09_Arm-64_buster_current_5.8.5.img I might be doing something wrong but i tried both "ddbr" and "sudo ddbr", says command does not exist. Regards,

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4.3k views
  76. Hello, everyone! I have an S905M device (Sumavision Q5, RAM:1G, ROM:8G), I made a bootable USB with an Armbian image( ARMBIAN 5.44 user-built Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS 3.14.29, use gxbb_p201.dtb file ) . I want to use "ddbr" then “b” to make a backup of the EMMC. However, root@SumavisionQ5:~# ddbr DO YOU WANT TO BACKUP OR RESTORE ? BACKUP=(b) RESTORE=(r) b UNABLE TO FIND ANY EMMC OR SD DRIVES ON THIS SYSTEM!!! then I use command "lsblk", I found all partitions(cache, params, ... , data) of the internal storage (8G ROM) for andriod system are treated as seperated disks as shown below: root@SumavisionQ5:~# lsb…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 5k views
  77. Hi, I search for a new development the best tvbox for run armbian, docker and microservices if possible around 100$ with 4GB Ram or more and 64 or 128GB eMMC. The display and wifi are not important, we run nodejs services only, so only cpu and eMMC performances are important for us. I have see a topic where balbes150 advises the ugoos AM6. I search a powerful tvbox for Linux usage. Thanks for your help

  78. Just wanted to report that I have been experimenting compiling the kernel for Oleg's various Armbian images for S9XXX TV boxes and have managed to compile and boot mainline kernel, but this required a small change in Oleg's S905_autoscript in /boot. Basically I just added a couple of lines that bootm the uImage if it is present. If there is no uImage it proceeds to booti Oleg's zImage: setenv boot_start_ml bootm ${kernel_addr} ${initrd_addr} ${dtb_mem_addr} if fatload mmc 0 ${kernel_addr} uImage; then if fatload mmc 0 ${initrd_addr} uInitrd; then if fatload mmc 0 ${env_addr} uEnv.ini; then env import -t ${env_addr} ${filesize};fi; if fatload mmc 0 ${dtb_m…

  79. Started by Florin,

    I have a TX5 PRO that i flashed with Armbian a while back. Yesterday i decided to upgrade to the latest focal image from this forum (was running an RC version of focal). Booting into the image worked fine, and flashing it to emmc didn't give any errors. However, now the board will not boot. Not sure if i used the 'shutdown' or 'reboot' command, but after installation finished i intended to boot from emmc, but it didn't boot at all. The light stays red, but i recall the light being blue when powered on, so it looks like it is in sleep mode. Power cycling the device does not work, and i can't find the remote (might have been thrown away). Is there any way i can force i…

  80. Started by Reddwarf,

    @hexdump Trying to compile your uboot from github I get this error: arstein@MM8S:~/u-boot-mainline-rk3328-no-sd-boot$ patch -p1 < /compile/doc/u-boot-misc/misc.rk3328-no-sd-boot/rk3328-h96max-no-sd-boot.patch bash: /compile/doc/u-boot-misc/misc.rk3328-no-sd-boot/rk3328-h96max-no-sd-boot.patch: No such file or directory karstein@MM8S:~/u-boot-mainline-rk3328-no-sd-boot$ ls api cmd disk env Kbuild MAINTAINERS README arch common doc examples Kconfig Makefile scripts bl31.elf config.mk drivers fs lib net test board configs dts include Licenses post tools karstein@…

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 3.3k views
  81. Started by Eduard,

    I want to install the Single armbian image on my S912 H96+ 3gb. I have previously installed it with the Amlogic image and it works right with the meson-gxm-q200 dtb. With the Single armbian image Armbian_20.08_Arm-64_focal_current_5.7.15_desktop I have modified the extlinux.conf with FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxm-q200.dtb and the APPEND line. I have also put # in the other lines. I have alsor ename the u-boot-s905x-s912 file to u-boot.ext . When I boot the system it begins working but It says something wrong with the earthnet and it stops loading. Can anybody help me? Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  82. Started by Uwu,

    Hello everyone, I have two S905x3 boxes happily running Balbes150 20.08 Armbian build. I am trying to figure out how to make a working backup of the eMMC. Normally in a situation like this I would use Clonezilla, but that doesn't boot on these arm64 boxes. Should I make a bootable USB with one of Balbes150 images and use "dd" on /dev/mmcblk2 to an image file? Would I be able to then restore that image file with "dd" to another S905x3 box and have it boot?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 6.6k views
  83. I have now burned an image to SD card, Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.037_Aml-s9xxx_bionic_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200205 That is supposed to be compatible, what is the next step to get this to boot on Tanix S912. Is there maybe a simple script to change the Tanix to boot alternatively from SD and Android installing required changes, or do i have to edit some file and install something on the Android device to get it going? A stepwise explanation would be nice, what file to edit where it resides, and what extra software to install. JT

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  84. I remember some body on this forum was able to successfully install Armbian on the H96 colorfull edition with custom boot loader. Starting this topic so people with knowledge can write and share the steps and required files.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  85. Started by amirul,

    Following the lead of https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?t=34963 I did sudo taskset -cp 4,5 $(pgrep Xorg) Now how do I check whether X has improved or not?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  86. Started by Raul Ap,

    Hello Guys, I bought this box 2 years ago and practicaly never used. After home cleaning found it and fought "if it run Android, it can run any Linux". I alredy have RBpi B3+ and with this TV Box now I could have a small open source data center and practice with ngnx, MariaDB, Postgree, MySQL, NodeJS, PHP, Python etc. After research I found this web, and liked Armbian idea. Issues: 1. This box looks identical to MXQ-4K, however the image did not work. When I opened it, the procesor was Allwinner H3, PCB is AK-H3-MXQ4K-V1.1 (https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/GUANZHI_Android_TV_BOX_H3) 2. I have many SD/microSD (brand and non brand…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 5.6k views
  87. Hi i'm looking for the older images for the amlogix s905 boards hence the board I have has a very old version of uBOOT AND THE 5.XX Kernals don't work. If anyone can upload the older version or send them that would be great. Many Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.4k views
  88. Started by Thee Oh,

    Hi there, I can't seem to be able to download the files for the Beelink X2, looks like dead links. Any other place I could look for them? Thanks.

  89. Started by saulobrito,

    Hello guys, I'm facing the same issue of this guy below with wifi ath10k drivers, i tried every ways i found on this forum, the issue persists: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/7930-armbian-for-amlogic-s9xxx-kernel-5x/?do=findComment&comment=86817 By the way i am using Meson-gxm-q200.dtb. if this helps, anyone on this same troubleshooting ? Thank you in advance!

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.8k views
  90. Started by hexdump,

    this is just a quick note that in my experience the amount of tv boxes with fake specs has grown quite a bit in the last months and that this is something to always have in mind when getting a box for a surprisingly cheap (i.e. quite a bit cheaper than usual or most of the other offerings) price - you might be lucky and it will be a bargain or you might hit one with fake specs. some examples i saw recently: a qplus 4g ram / 32g emmc ended up to be 2g ram and 16g nand, a h6 box sold as 4g ram / 32g emmc ended up as 2g ram / 16g emmc, a x96mini 2g ram / 16g emmc ended up at only 1g ram / 16g emmc, a r39 2g ram / 16g emmc with rockchip rk3229 ends up as 1g ram / 16g emmc and…

  91. Hi all, Since the previous thread got closed due to not sticking to the topic box, I thought I will start a new thread. Let's try and avoid this turning into a general discussion... I have noticed that the price for X88 King (and variants like Pro) have significantly dropped. This intrigued me so I spend a few hours reading the thread over at 4pda.ru via Google Translate and it seems the stock firmware was very buggy initially. Over the last couple of months some OTA upgrades and custom firmware managed to greatly improve stability. Some questions remain as to whether the 5V 2A power supply is enough but in general the box is more usable. …

  92. Started by Les Ferguson,

    Hi, I have a TX2 media player that I purchased a few years ago, now it is redundant so I am looking for things to do with it. It has the name Vontar on the bottom, the Android version is 6.1, it has this in the system info: Kernel version 3.10.0 zheng@Ubuntu12 #11 Wed Jun 28 11:12:42 HKT 2017 Build Number rk322x_box-userdebug 6.0.1 MXC89L user.zheng.20170710.112044 test-keys Internal storage is reported as: 3.79 GB used of 12.41 GB (I don't have a SD card in it currently). And that is about all I know about what it is currently running. So... Is this enough to find specs on what the hardware mi…

  93. Started by krachlatte,

    Hi Guys, i am owner of this box and i wanted to ask you if anyone is intressted in getting armbian running on it. Dissasambly does not look to be a big problem. and here are som pictures: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/allwinner-tv-players/679476-beelink-gs1-6k-tv-box-allwinner-h6-android-7-1-bt4-1-1000m-lan-usb-3-0-media-player-2gb-ram-16gb-rom from the pictures i cannot tell were the uart pins are, anyone can ? from user froezus post Hi, I have tried to boot the OrangePi One Plus image on my Beelink GS1, but either the UART is bad configured or I have damaged the TXD p…

  94. Device: Android TV box t95z Plus 3GB/32GB (SoC S912) device. Purpose: Running Home Automation docker images pretty much same setup than @Petee is running, but also as a Zigbee2MQTT coordinator using a CC2531 dongle. have tried over the few weeks several combinations of releases and DTB files with no luck. If it is any help got corelec (CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.1-Generic) running smoothly with gxm_q200_3g.dtb but since there is no docker support it is a no go for me. Cant even get it to boot, if you have a working setup with this device please help find a correct combination.

  95. HI I’ve looked through the whole internet looking on how to burn to eMMc without any external help (monitor or ssh). I want to put an sd card in for it to burn to the emmc automatically. I thought of adding a script in the local or in the /etc/init.d that goes like this: sudo dd if= of … and then when it boots from the sd card it will clone its contents to the emmc. Any help on how someone goes about doing this woud be great.

  96. Hi, I've bought a pandoo box with an amlogic s912,2 3g of ram and a mali t820, I've found a couple of dtb files (vegas and meson-gxbb-p200.dtb I think) that make it boot but without wifi nor bluetooth, I've tried extracting the one from android using termux and dd /dev/dtb with no luck... is there anything else to try? any way to make wifi and bt work? Any help is appreciated Thanks!

  97. Started by acedogblast,

    I have a T95 Max+ android tv box (Same one that ETA Prime reviewed) that has a S905X3. Using the latest img (Armbian_20.07_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.7.9.img.xz) I have set the uEnv.txt to use meson-sm1-sei610.dtb. I have tried to use the Update app but that gives the the Error screen with these errors: E: Block map file is too short: 3 E: Map of '@/cache/recovery/block.map' failed E: failed to map file Installation aborted. Using the so called toothpick method I was able to get to the screen with the 4 tux pictures but the color of the screen was blue. It was repeatably giving this error mmc1: error -84 whilst initialising SD car…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.9k views
  98. Dear armbians, Recently I bought a Tanix TX6 H6 4Gb 64 GB TV box loaded with android9 and tried to change the stock rom. Unfortunately with the new rom, the wifi and bluetooth are not working. Shall i have any solution to solve this issue? The chipset is allwinner H6 and the wifi-bluetooth module used is RTL8822CS. How can I integrate the module with the kernal using dtb file coding? I found some codes in the forum but I don't know how to acces or edit the dtb file. if somebody have any idea about this kindly share it here so it will be very helpful to solve this issue.... please find attached image links.. https://drive.google.com/file/d/19gp3OOA94w…

  99. Started by Rezoyen,

    Hey everyone, SO Odroid N2 looks like to be quite a bit more powerful (and expensive). Odroid C2 is more on par with this Android boxe real value, for me, was probably the time I spent figuring this out and I thought I might as well share it. It's true that you have to figure everything out on your own but the state of the ARM distros today is getting pretty good, so if you can get it running initially you should be able to just update with the package manager without problems.https://nox.tips/ https://xender.vip https://testmyspeed.onl

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.6k views
  100. Started by MrCoolAndroid,

    Hey guys! I have a S905W box, I flashed Armbian on a USB, before it worked fine, no problems, the box bricked cuz I installed Armbian unintentionally, I unbricked it then now with this firmware it doesn't boot, it goes straight to Android. I was trying to find the original firmware but no luck, is there anyway to make it boot?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.