Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

General Chat

An area for discussing general topics about Armbian on TV Boxes

  1. Started by Eduard,

    I want to install the Single armbian image on my S912 H96+ 3gb. I have previously installed it with the Amlogic image and it works right with the meson-gxm-q200 dtb. With the Single armbian image Armbian_20.08_Arm-64_focal_current_5.7.15_desktop I have modified the extlinux.conf with FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxm-q200.dtb and the APPEND line. I have also put # in the other lines. I have alsor ename the u-boot-s905x-s912 file to u-boot.ext . When I boot the system it begins working but It says something wrong with the earthnet and it stops loading. Can anybody help me? Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  2. Started by DDA,

    Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and I am trying to convert a TV Box M9X Max (Android 6.0.1) into Mate. Due to a handling error, I erased the Rom from the Box ... I did not find the Rom of the Box M9X Max, but that of the MXQ Pro + works correctly (Android 7.1.2). I'm using the image: Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20171226.img The problems I encounter: - Wifi is not recognized, chip: HS2734A V15628 98MA (Broadcom 4329/30) - I can not write the image on the eMMC: Android restarts in recovery mode - The Box's remote control does not seem to work to turn the Box on and off I browse the net for 2 weeks and I ca…

  3. Started by friday,

    Hi there! I have a Mecool M8S Pro L box with Amlogic S912 3/32GB and 100Mbit ethernet. I am running the current bullseye and focal image from microsd without any problems. But i am not able to do anything with the internal EMMC, fdisk, ddbr and anything else giving an Input/Output error and i am not able to install the image into the internal emmc (this is my goal) I tried every gxm* dtb file but none of them making any difference (only some of them are not booting into the linux os, but none can access the internal emmc) could anyone give me a hint what to do or does anyone know whats wrong and what to do to get it working? …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.3k views
  4. Started by MOHAMMAD HADI,

    Hi, I've compiled u-boot from source( I have the binary u-boot.bin.sd.bin file) now how can I boot this binary? I don't want to erase the vendor u-boot on the emmc and replace it with this, I want a way to boot into this binary for testing without writing it to emmc. Is this possible? My device is k2pro tv pro ( amlogic S905 SoC) Regards

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 7.2k views
  5. Started by C3MX,

    Hi Guys, I also want to run my TV box with linux (Armbian). To install IObroker. It worked on the SD card. About Armbian I flashed the EMCC again so I do not need an SD card anymore. After a reboot, nothing worked anymore Armbian on the EMCC also not on the SD card. Connecting via USB to the PC does not work either. Can I flash it all over RX and TX? Does one have an idea? Thank you

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 5.7k views
  6. Started by Khan Zada,

    Hello how are you. I have a smart box X96Q PRO. It is not running play store giving error to update and uninstall it.And neither update not uninstall. And not hard rest . Hidden Rest button not work and not connecting PC . Please help me any where bypass button or any point short idea

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.7k views
  7. Started by Florin,

    Hi, I've tried booting into Armbian on a TX5 PRO and all i have managed up until now is to get stuck on the boot screen . Most tutorials I found are for older versions of Armbian. What i did: From here: [REMOVED LINK], i downloaded both the bionic and eoan versions, hoping a newen/older version might help. Both produced the same result. Even tried the newer RC2 version. After downloading the image, i used xzcat IMAGE | dd of=/dev/sdc to write it to a microSD card (also tried with usb stick) copied each *S905X* dtb file to the root of the same partition, and renamed them to dtb.img. None behaved any different. From the update app inside…

  8. Started by liamnilsson,

    Anybody know of a good vpn service for my tv box. Purevpn supports linux and even has an 85% off but i havnt used it before

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  9. On this forum I read that for my device TXZ_A 20_V0.9 (Allwinner A20) are suitable firmware that are designed for CubieBoard2, I downloaded http://dl.cubieboard.org/software/a20-cubieboard/debian/nand/debian-nand.img.gz, recorded the image to the SD card using PhoenixCard. I inserted SD card in my device and the firmware was successfully installed and works fine on my device. I wanted to install Arabian for Cubieboard2 on my device, but the image https://dl.armbian.com/cubieboard2/Buster_current is not compatible with PhoenixCard (PhoenixCard gives an error message " Script NOT found! Please use new version image!"). Only images designed for PhoenixCard work fo…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.5k views
  10. Started by Miguel Moyano,

    Hi guys!! Im trying to install Armbian in a MX10 PRO 6k TV box (Allwinner H6, a Quad Core with ARM Cortex-A53 processors), following same steps for the main firmware. The trouble here is that there is no armbian option to this distro, so i tried create an image with the allwinner configuration (editing uEnv txt and dtb.img) for orange pi 3 (which has allwinner h6 too), but, when i startup the tvbox (plugin power wire) the box dont recognize the image >__< And also, in youtube there is a tutorial that said i must push the "AV hidden button" when i plug the power wire, but never send image signal :shrug: anybody has tried with this box? (a…

  11. Hey guys. I need around 10-20 SBC or TV Boxes that can run Armbian. I only need Ethernet support, Wi-Fi and BT isn't required, but I'd like something stable that doesn't overheat. I'll be running Docker on them, is that an issue on Armbian? This can be a deal breaker for me. 2GB/16GB boxes would be the best option if I can flash armbian to the EMMC in board, requiring no SD card to boot, thus minimizing costs. I've seen that the Tanix TX3 Mini is stable and the 2GB/16GB unit is at around 25€, but this is a bit much. I managed to buy some RK3318 2GB/16GB boxes in the past for 18€, but they're gone. I've also seen the HK1 Mini, which uses…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4.8k views
  12. Started by Bozza,

    Hello everybody is there a good tutorial to compile u-boot.ext? Or are there perhaps any quality sources that already have u-boot.ext files? Thank you

  13. Started by Fraksiyon,

    My English isn't very smooth. First of all I'm sorry. I installed the arbian on a tv box. Model number X88 mini, Rockchip 3328, 2GB RAM, 16GB Flash. I installed version 5.75 Ubuntu rock64. The problem is that the internet does not connect. The WiFi and ethernet card certainly do not recognize. I've also installed and run the same version Debian and slackware onto this device. No one connects to the internet. I know it's a mismatch problem. These versions are designed for rock64. I want to use the X88 mini device as a Linux lover to be able to use. Can you help me? http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCK64_Main_Page

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4.1k views
  14. I have a ShellCloud TV Box, below are the parameters: CPU: RK3328 RAM: 2*512M=1G emmc: 8G 4*USB3.0 (usb hub) 1000M Ethernet port -RTL8211F Android 7.1 I want to install Armbian on it, but when I used Armbian_5.75_Rock64_Debian_stretch_default_4.4.174.img , it could not start, if I use omv4-rk3328-0.7.9-armhf-image, it can be started, but no network, the box could not get IP address. it seems that the dtb file did not choose correct, right? As it's a new box,what should I do?

  15. Started by Buttercup,

    @Steeman: thanks so much for a clear and concise instruction! You are my hero!!! By the way, I just want to check with you. There is no reason to run Armbian on emmc card, rite? Because the sdcard nowadays are much faster & larger than those that are available in the old TV Boxes? Thus there is no advantage to install to the emmc? Thanks!

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 5k views
  16. Hi! Which ARM processor? Would be RK3399? Armbian support is good? Second question: What is the best cost-benefit option?

  17. Started by Matteo Fedeli,

    Hi! I bought this box https://it.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009329759547.html and now I want to install armbian but stuck on the blue logo at boot. I added in dtb amlogic folder, by searching on the web, the gxm_q2012g_1gbit.dtb because in the folder I can't found... Any solutions?

  18. Yes, I am new to forum. Yes, I searched. But I still have questions. My story: At the beginning of the year (2021) I bought one orange pi zero 2 board at a good price. It was around 18 euro. I am very happy with the small board. So I was think to buy a second one. Turn out due to global chip shortage, the price of the board jump to 27 euro. The price is not attritive for me any more. Then I watched a youtube video. I think a lot of people watch the same video. Armbian install on H6 tv Box. so I bought the 'same' Tv box. Apparently, I did not read the spec carefully. The model I bought it is not with H6 CPU, but with H616 CPU. Yes, all the steps wh…

  19. Guest

    Hi all, I am writing because i took the AMLogic Project to get deeper in Linux. First of all @balbes150 and to every Armbian Developer : GREAT F()/"§! WORK! I used the " ARMBIAN 5.32 user-built Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS 4.14.0-rc2-next-20170929-amlogics905x" So let's get to the point. $dmesg | grep brcm .. [ 10.139138] brcmfmac: F1 signature read @0x18000000=0x16044330 [ 10.140995] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_map_chip_to_name: using brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.bin for chip 0x004330(17200) rev 0x000004 .. SO actually this is telling me there is a special wifi driver mapped. I was not able to find the mapping. Even not in the decompiled dtb . …

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4.4k views
  20. Started by aravindl,

    Hi, I have a Mxq Pro 4k box S905 on which I have enabled dual boot and running Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Debian_stretch_3.14.29_server_20171226 on SD card Here's the output of uname -a Linux amlogic 3.14.29 #150 SMP PREEMPT Tue Dec 26 16:55:23 MSK 2017 aarch64 GNU/Linux I want to add some modules so have followed the instructions here on compiling linux https://github.com/umiddelb/armhf/wiki/How-To-compile-a-custom-Linux-kernel-for-your-ARM-device I have compiled the kernel with new modules enabled and could see the Image at ls arch/arm64/boot/ dts Image Image.gz install.sh Makefile From the URL above I can see …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 7.2k views
  21. Started by linsir,

    Hi Folks, I have an MXQ-PRO-S905 box, branded as an "Antsir" 4k box, 1GB RAM and 8GB ROM using an RTL8189 chipset. I have built the SD card several times using different variations of the Armbian OS (details below). The box is currently running the "Coolio" build, but I want to be able to run armbian from the SD card, however, there is no update options available inside the OS to trigger it to boot, so I manually boot into recovery, the SD card can be seen, but because I dont have a valid file for the recovery bootloader, I cannot trigger it to boot into the environment. Is there anything special I need to be doing?

  22. Started by rafaelSorel,

    I have checked all the images provided and they all integrate the mali driver r5p1, is it possible to have an image with a more recent driver r6p1 or r7p0 for kernel based 3.14.29 ? When I try to integrate one of the mentioned driver version , I got a lot of compiling errors . Thanks for help,

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 3.2k views
  23. Started by acedogblast,

    I have a T95 Max+ android tv box (Same one that ETA Prime reviewed) that has a S905X3. Using the latest img (Armbian_20.07_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.7.9.img.xz) I have set the uEnv.txt to use meson-sm1-sei610.dtb. I have tried to use the Update app but that gives the the Error screen with these errors: E: Block map file is too short: 3 E: Map of '@/cache/recovery/block.map' failed E: failed to map file Installation aborted. Using the so called toothpick method I was able to get to the screen with the 4 tux pictures but the color of the screen was blue. It was repeatably giving this error mmc1: error -84 whilst initialising SD car…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.9k views
  24. Hi, I search for a new development the best tvbox for run armbian, docker and microservices if possible around 100$ with 4GB Ram or more and 64 or 128GB eMMC. The display and wifi are not important, we run nodejs services only, so only cpu and eMMC performances are important for us. I have see a topic where balbes150 advises the ugoos AM6. I search a powerful tvbox for Linux usage. Thanks for your help

  25. Started by odin,

    Before I throw this device away I want to make sure I tried everything, The emmc / storage is completely shot, I tried the USB_Burning_Tool to restore the firmware but quickly fails at formating step, I tried the sdcard Burn_Card_Maker which did succed in booting, but quickly fails when showing the Upgrading screen. with nothing plugged in it doesn't show the amlogic logo or any hdmi signal, holding the reset button doesnt do anything either. so my question is can I boot anything with the aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT, I flashed the armbian image and added the aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT to the boot header of the sdcard, but all I get it a black screen (but I do …

  26. Started by kelemvor8000,

    Hello all, I have a a95x r1 with a amlogic s905w 2g 16g I have tried all the awesome linux Images that Balbes150 decated so much time too. I want to try and take the ubuntu 18.04 image released for the odroid c2 sbc and run it on my box , all the main hardware is the same on both devices. The reason i wish to use this img is because it has all the mali 450 drivers setup for x11 ect... So my question is can someone point me to so documentation explaining me how to setup the uboot to use this image Thanks Donny

  27. Started by Elric,

    Hi everbody, last week I bought a TV-Box X96mini 2 GB / 16 GB. After reading the FAQ (thx @SteeMan), it was easy to set up this little box with the image provided by balbes150. (thx @balbes150) Most of the hardware is working fine, with the meson-gxl-s095x-p212.dtb, which is found on /boot/dtb/amlogic. There is a problem with the lirc support, but using triggerhappy will do the job. Thx @Alexey Woronov, https://forum.armbian.com/topic/11161-lirc-on-armbian-buster/?tab=comments#comment-83995 Another little problem is audio. Basically sound works, but volume from the audio jack is much too low. Only when I'm turning the volume to the max, I'm able to hear something.…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.7k views
  28. Hi, I've bought a pandoo box with an amlogic s912,2 3g of ram and a mali t820, I've found a couple of dtb files (vegas and meson-gxbb-p200.dtb I think) that make it boot but without wifi nor bluetooth, I've tried extracting the one from android using termux and dd /dev/dtb with no luck... is there anything else to try? any way to make wifi and bt work? Any help is appreciated Thanks!

  29. Good morning all, maybe someone could enlight me I own this box who internal board is a Q+ h6 version 3.0 . Despite of what is claimed ( 4 giga ram ) really the board is 2 giga ram. But the biggest problem is that the board is stick on Q logo and doesn't go further I have access to uart and when I try to flash new firmware, DOESN'T MATTER if I use phoenixsuite or the sd I have got this message: [18.838]nand not support! channel 0 chip 0: 2c 84 64 3c a9 04 00 00 [18.843]nand not support! channel 0 chip 1: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 [18.849]nand not support! channel 0 chip 2: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 [18.855]nand not support! channel 0 chip 3: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00…

  30. Started by Vindieselwalker,

    Hello Guys , I have ordered Micro SD Card Breakout for Exporting UART and JTAG Pins to get serial output on the SD card port without making any welding on the box. I have test it and it seems to work. The problem is that the output is some king of unreadable characters. I don't know whether it is a config issue or something else ? Does any one have used the UART over SD port ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.3k views
  31. Started by AnonymousPi,

    Hi, Long time OrangePi PC user here who was going to get another of these devices but is intrigued by the TV Boxes which some can be get for about $15. I'm confused about what is the 'best' Tv Box chip-set to get here, Amlogic (yeah I noticed the threads about them lying about CPU speed, but I don't care) or Rockchip etc. What has the best, or is likely in the future to have good Linux Kernel support for WiFi, Ethernet, SD Card, Audio, HDMI and Hardware Decoding (and bonus points for encoding!)? Amlogic seems to be a winner right? Any links to Aliexpress products that fit the bill?

  32. Started by broose,

    Hi im really don't have much knowledge when it comes to stuff like this so please be patient with me. I am trying to setup several Amlogic tv boxes with armbian for my kids to use but I don't seen to be having any success in getting any of the to boot into armbian from the sd card. I have several boxes that are either s905w or s912 but I cant seem to get any to work so I must be doing something wrong. I have followed several instruction videos and tutorials but there are a few things I just don't get. so I have downloaded this file Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.037_Aml-s9xxx_buster_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200205 and written it to the sd card fine, next is the dtb file part, I …

  33. Hi team, I want to install a 3G USB modem from Huawei exactly the e173 one in a Nexbox A95X 1/8 TVBOX, I can see the modem is on modem mode in lsusb, but I cant get work that modem. I can't see the serial ports that supposed to be in /dev/ directory, can you help me?

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 4.3k views
  34. Started by martos,

    I buy a V88 mini 3 (2G ram / 8G EMMC) for make the test of MPP api and use it in ffmpeg. ( because i must wait for the version with amlogic ) 1 Install Armbian 2 Checkp MPP 3 Compile last ffmpeg 4 Test So let's go ...

  35. Started by temps,

    hdmi.sh ? Will someone help me by telling me the parameters of hdmi.sh ? I use Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Ubuntu_bionic_3.14.29_mate_20180729.img.xz my box is KM8P (S912)

    • Reputation Points

    • 9 replies
    • 3.6k views
  36. Started by Florin,

    I have a TX5 PRO that i flashed with Armbian a while back. Yesterday i decided to upgrade to the latest focal image from this forum (was running an RC version of focal). Booting into the image worked fine, and flashing it to emmc didn't give any errors. However, now the board will not boot. Not sure if i used the 'shutdown' or 'reboot' command, but after installation finished i intended to boot from emmc, but it didn't boot at all. The light stays red, but i recall the light being blue when powered on, so it looks like it is in sleep mode. Power cycling the device does not work, and i can't find the remote (might have been thrown away). Is there any way i can force i…

  37. Started by napo7,

    Hi I managed to get armbian on my Amlogic S905W device. I'd like to run the whole root fs on an external usb device (ssd). I know how to format it to ext4, mount it, but I can't manage to boot linux on it : I tried to modify the /etc/fstab file, but it seems that it's not the good place ? Perhaps a file in /boot ?

  38. Information in this topic is very outdated see this topic. The start system in Coreelec is not compatible with LibreELECE Armbian etc. If you run coreelec on your TV box, you will no longer be able to run LE and Armbian normally until the full recovery of the standard firmware via the USB Burn Tool and the new activation of the universal multi-boot, which is used in all new systems. The new version 5.55 of images. In this version, images with a single DE (XFCE) and a server in composition are as close as possible to the official versions. Version with a Mate and Icewm will probably be later and the gathe…

  39. Started by Giuseppe89,

    SCISHION Model X TV Box Rockchip3229 Android 8.1 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM 5G WiFi 100 Mbps support 4K H.265, I would like to install Armbian, you can ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.5k views
  40. Hello community, I wonder how Armbian could run on this (now dirt cheap*) Mecool M8S Plus W Android 7.1 TV Box (Amlogic 905W) which doesn't have a microSD card slot or even ethernet. *Did I say dirt cheap? Around $18 shipped for the 2GB/16GB RAM/ROM sounds cheap - doesn't it? See here for more information: https://www.cnx-software.com/2020/01/22/mecool-m8s-plus-w-tv-box-sells-for-less-than-15-promo/

  41. Started by ciprian28,

    I have Trongle X1 S905X . Everything boot ok with Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.037_Aml-s9xxx_bionic_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200205 and meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb : lan ok, wifi ok, HDMI sound ok. In armbian-config i don't have "install to eMMC, NAND, SATA & USB". Can i install to emmc with this version of armbian? From a noob ....Thanks!

  42. Googling this question leads to a lot of chromebooks with 8-12 hours of battery life at a cheap price range, and a few Windows/Qualcom Snapdragon laptops with 24 hours of battery life but much more expensive. I would love to see a linux or chromebook laptop with 24 hours of battery life at a reasonable price point but am perhaps not doing a good search. Would any of you know of a really long lasting ARM-based laptop at a reasonable price point?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.8k views
  43. Started by blh7855,

    Hi, I have a sunvell Qplus TV Box with Allwinner H6 I write the img by @balbes150 into SD Cards And I use the dtb by @hexdump The Qplus Box boot into Armbian but failed connect to the Ethernet of WIfi (found no device) So is there anyway to make it fine? Thanks!

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 6.2k views
  44. Started by gaelsee,

    Hello everybody, Some time ago I bought "Mxq Max" rk3328 tv boxes currently on android. I want to install linux there. So I downloaded the image "Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.038_Rk3328-tv_bionic_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200205.img" that I engraved on a sd card "Sandisk Extreme 32go class10 U3" When I boot on the SD, I get the message "ALERT! LABEL = ROOTFS does not exist. Dropping to a shell" So I burn a USB key, booted on it. The installation went well, but once on Linux impossible to launch the command "ddbr" because it does not detect the SD or the EMMC. In addition, the network connection does not work. Can you help me ? Sorry for my English, I am Frenc…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.1k views
  45. Started by Rafa,

    The 8189es module for wifi driver has dissapear in Amlogic 5.9.0-arm-64 #20.10 SMP PREEMPT Wed Oct 14 12:04:42 MSK 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux releas TIA

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.3k views
  46. Started by facepalmfullonapalm,

    Hello, I have recently found two android TV boxes and am interested in getting Armbian running on them versus the very deprecated Android versions they have. Doing a little research, I've found that they're MXQ EasyView TV models and run on ARM processors similar to my Le Potatoes that I've been playing around with for a few months. I've found their webpage, and it's pretty comical. Unfortunately, they don't list the exact ARM processor and/or specs and just looking up MXQ results in newer models only and Easyview barely anything except the mentioned site. https://easyviewtv.com/homepage.html Now, there does look like there was a p…

  47. Started by funben,

    Hello, I have a Beelink Mini MXIII. I successfully installed Armbian on an SDCard, and booted from it then I used the "Armbian configuration utility" to install onto eMMC. Now the box is bricked, there is no signal to hdmi. I tried to use the "USB Burning tool" method, and tried to burn the firmware on an SD card, but with no success when booting. What should I do from here ?

  48. Hi. I'm trying to use Armbian 20.10 from Balbes and I'm thankfull to you for supporting it. But I have a problem. I have: 1. X88 pro X3 with u-boot-s905x2-s922 as u-boot.ext and meson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb choosen. 2. A95X F3 Air with u-boot-s905x2-s922 as u-boot.ext and meson-sm1-sei610.dtb Both of them work. I can connect to them with ssh. But I found that sometimes after reboot command both of them do not start again until I plug/unplug them. I made this little script: date >> ~/Files/reboots.txt /sbin/reboot I put it into a crontab. It executes it each 2 minutes. Both of devices rebooted well for 10-15 times when I tri…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.