Other families
Unsupported boards
Subforums
-
Post here if you intend to add official Armbian support for a new board.
No requests to add support.
- 572 posts
249 topics in this forum
-
I just stumbled across usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.20-cubox$ make scripts scripts/kconfig/conf --syncconfig Kconfig net/Kconfig:89: can't open file "net/wireguard/Kconfig" scripts/kconfig/Makefile:69: recipe for target 'syncconfig' failed make[2]: *** [syncconfig] Error 1 Makefile:539: recipe for target 'syncconfig' failed make[1]: *** [syncconfig] Error 2 Makefile:635: recipe for target 'include/config/auto.conf' failed make: *** [include/config/auto.conf] Error 2 Workaround was to comment this source-statement grep -i wireg net/Kconfig source "net/wireguard/Kconfig"
-
This post is, more or less, a continuation of something I started here, but adapted to Armbian. I will start with an overview of what I have done (maybe this is relevant) and finish with my questions. What I've done: I have a Hummingboard Gate with a Mikrobus RS485 click 3.3V (this one: https://www.mikroe.com/rs485-33v-click). In order to make this work I need to change a few things in de device tree. The dtb that my board uses is 'imx6dl-hummingboard2.dtb' so I copy that file to my home directory for safe keeping. cd ~ sudo cp /boot/dtb-4.19.18-cubox/imx6dl-hummingboard2.dtb . Then I convert this dtb to a dts: sudo dtc -I dtb -O dts -o im…
-
Hi Sir/Madam, I am using Humming bard Gate for testing, i am trying to interface a minipcie of 4G module L718 from Fibocom. I am using Armbain platforn for testing. i am unable to interface the Module and use the module to access internet(Use as mobile broadband). Kindly support
-
Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know, upgrade from Armbian Ubuntu 5.38 to 5.44 caused problems on my Cubox-i4Pro. - Armbian Ubuntu 5.38 headless (no display connected to Cubox-i) worked perfectly, there were no issues with anything. - Upgraded Armbian Ubuntu 5.38 to 5.44 (apt-get) and rebooted - After reboot, no audio was sent to my audio amplifier (through Toslink optical cable) by Shairport-Sync 3.1.7 (AirPlay emulator). Airplay was visible on my iOS devices (iPad, iPhone) and audio was streamed from iOS to AirPlay, but no audio was sent by Cubox-i to the optical connection to my audio amplifier. - Removed the Shairport package usi…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 7.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, sorry if my question is stupid but I would like to use ARMBian on this Keith & Koep board. I know that there are different problems with serial configuration and that may prevent u-boot to start. I would like to know if I can regenerate easily an ISO adaptating the hardware with custom device tree .... Which repositories should I clone ? Thanks for your support Kind regards Jerome
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I set up NanoPC-T3 as a router, the upsteam Ethernet port is connected to a router. However, the bandwidth drops dramatically whatever I’m using IPTables or network bridge to forward the data. This doesn’t happen on the other SBCs I have. How can I solve it?
-
while checking the state of systemd I encountered systemctl is-system-running degraded with systemctl --state=failed UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION ● systemd-modules-load.service loaded failed failed Load Kernel Modules and in /var/log/messages Nov 21 12:52:54 localhost ker…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 9.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I installed xrdp with armbian-config. Now I'm able to login with rdp client, but I'm directed to an empty desktop. No bars/menue or similar, just empty no chance of doing something useful. What's wrong? Best wishes Paul
-
On my Cubox, can I upgrade Armbian Bionic to Cosmic? Is that going to work? I'm not using any GUI / HDMI stuff, so that is not relevant for me Reason of my question: I want OpenSSL 1.1.1 (with TLS1.3), which is a part of Cosmic (and not of Bionic).
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I installed Armbian_5.59_Cubox-i_Debian_stretch_next_4.14.66 on my Cubox-i. Boots nicely, but ethernet is not working. The ethernet cable/connection is working, because the cable does work via and ethernet-to-usb connector to the same cubox. EDIT: Oh, I must say that ethernet-to-usb is fast etnernet, not GigE /EDIT Dmesg included. Plus dmesg | grep network stuff. Tips how to proceed? root@cubox:~# cat dmesg.cubox.no-eth.txt | grep -i -e eth -e netw [ 0.793426] fec 2188000.ethernet: 2188000.ethernet supply phy not found, using dummy regulator [ 0.806213] fec 2188000.ethernet eth0: registered PHC device 0 [ 10.900568] A…
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 9.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've got a Cubox-i 4 running Armbian stretch 4.16.8 and I noticed that the frequency never seemed to drop below 996MHz (even when on zero load) using sudo cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/cpuinfo_cur_freq whereas armbianmonitor -m showed the same, occasionally showing 792MHz. Looking at Orange Pi Zero I managed to see what the issue might be. Changing /etc/default/cpufrequtils to "powersave" dropped the frequency to 396MHz but stayed there even when under stress (stress -c 4 -t 60). Changing the value to "conservative" gave me what I wanted. 396MHz with no load, rising to 996MHz when under load. Hopefully others might find th…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm trying to build the next kernel (4.14.y) for Cubox-i, but the process fails here: DTC arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6dl-cubox-i.dtb Error: arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-cubox-i.dtsi:261.1-9 Label or path vcc_3v3 not found FATAL ERROR: Syntax error parsing input tree scripts/Makefile.lib:317: recipe for target 'arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6dl-cubox-i.dtb' failed make[1]: *** [arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6dl-cubox-i.dtb] Error 1 arch/arm/Makefile:348: recipe for target 'dtbs' failed make: *** [dtbs] Error 2 make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... When I compiled the kernel approx. 2 months ago (4.15.?) I did not get that error. Any ideas?
-
Reputation Points
- 18 replies
- 7.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
So I downloaded Armbian Stretch image here https://www.armbian.com/hummingboard-2/ and dd it onto an SD Card. As it didn't produce any output during boot after 'uncompressing kernel' I had to add 'console=both' into the armbianEnv.txt. After that I could see that I land into (initramfs). It looked like it couldn't see the rootfs for some reason. So additionally I've changed rootdev to 'rootdev=/dev/mmcblk0p1' in the armbianEnv.txt. Still the same problem here is the full boot log https://pastebin.com/K64xKHBd What am I doing wrong? 2. Provided that the problem above is easy to fix, how do I start a script after the first boot? S…
-
I just ran apt-get update && apt-get upgrade, sure enough, a new kernel was downloaded. Due to a non-standard wifi chip, I always run KMS before rebooting, giving the new kernel version as an argument. (The automatic install on reboot didn't work so well in the past) It seems now that something is not right with the new kernel headers. I have not rebooted yet, out of fear the system might be unstable then. Log: http://ix.io/1djM Compiling scripts: /usr/src/linux-headers-4.16.8-cubox# make -s scripts scripts/selinux/genheaders/genheaders.c:19:22: fatal error: classmap.h: No such file or directory #include "classmap.h" …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 7.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Its been a while since I built a UDOO image (need another kernel module), when I ran compile.sh, it pulled new source and told me to clone a new build directory. In the process of cloning, however with UDOO being EOS, is it still possible to build the legacy kernel/image with current sources?
-
Hi guys. I can't get the headphone jack to work on the NanoPC T3+ on Armbian 5.44 Bionic. HDMI sound works. There's a second Built-in Audio, but nothing seems to work. Also the on-board microphone doesn't work. I've tested it on the friendlyArm Lubuntu and there it both works. Additional. Can somebody point me into the right direction where to add a higher cpufreq in available frequencies? At 1400Mhz it only reaches 55°C maxed(with fan). Single core performance is bad. So some overclock would be helpful. Otherwise Armbian works great. Thank you. NicoD
-
I have lots of HummingBoards 2 Edge with eMMC but now got a batch with the new SOM 1.5 and eMMC the original u-boot from next and stable branch (2013-10rc4) get stuck on SPL from time to time on the new SOMs so I'm trying the dev branch which has this new patch: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/patch/u-boot/u-boot-cubox-next/U-Boot-mx6cuboxi-add-support-for-detecting-Revision-1.5-SoMs.patch Copying SPL and u-boot.img to eMMC and booting produce the following: U-Boot SPL 2018.03-armbian (Jun 07 2018 - 16:06:14 -0400) Trying to boot from MMC1 Card did not respond to voltage select! spl: mmc init failed with error: -95 SPL: fail…
-
Hello, I have a brand new cubox-i4x4 and am attempting to install Armbian Stretch mainline kernel 4.15.y I downloaded the image from https://dl.armbian.com/cubox-i/Debian_stretch_next.7z used keka and etch to extract and write image to the SD card. After installing the SD card in the cubox and powering on, it gets stuck at: U-Boot SPL 2017.11-armbian (Jan 24 2018 - 22:39:16) Trying to boot from MMC1 U-Boot 2017.11-armbian (Jan 24 2018 - 22:39:16 +0100) CPU: Freescale i.MX6Q rev1.5 996 MHz (running at 792 MHz) CPU: Extended Commercial temperature grade (-20C to 105C) at 24C Reset cause: POR Board: MX6 Cubox-i DRAM: …
-
Hi all, After years of running Armbian on my Cubox i4 without problems, I am suddenly in a situation that I don't understand. For some reason, I decided to reboot it, and now it doesn't work anymore. Using a micro-USB cable and my Macbook, I connected to the serial line to grab some logging: U-Boot SPL 2017.11-armbian (Jan 24 2018 - 22:39:16) Trying to boot from MMC1 U-Boot 2017.11-armbian (Jan 24 2018 - 22:39:16 +0100) CPU: Freescale i.MX6Q rev1.5 996 MHz (running at 792 MHz) CPU: Extended Commercial temperature grade (-20C to 105C) at 41C Reset cause: POR Board: MX6 Cubox-i DRAM: 2 GiB MMC: FSL_SDHC: 0 *** Warning - bad CRC, using def…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi, i have following problem: ● brcm4330-patch.service - LSB: Patch firmware for brcm4330 Bluetooth adapter Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/brcm4330-patch; bad; vendor preset: enabled) Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2018-04-11 09:25:00 UTC; 19min ago Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8) Process: 454 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/brcm4330-patch start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE) Apr 11 09:24:54 wokati systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Patch firmware for brcm4330 Bluetooth adapter... Apr 11 09:24:55 wokati brcm4330-patch[454]: * Start pushing BRCM4330 bluetooth firmware to device and waiting 5 sec to complete... Apr 11 09:25:00 wo…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.1k views
-
-
Hello, I had three power outages in quick succession, I think the second or third one caught the cubox while rebooting. It won't start anymore. I attached pictures of what I see when plugging it into a TV for catching it's messages. How can I unbrick my system without losing all my work on the SD card? I saw how-to-unbrick-the-system, but I'm not sure where to download which files, since I'm not sure if I have NEXT, mainline or legacy installed. Does that even matter at this point?
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I'm newbie on freescale imx6. I've just bought a hummingBoard2 rev1.4. A modem SIMCOM7600E mcpie is attached. When I used ignition and install debian, it's works but I 've a problem with the driver of this modem, the WWAN is not configured. ATCOMMAND works fine but I would like to use it by wwan interface and I didn't know how to put the driver file.c! I decided to install armbian_5.38 debian or ubuntu but my hummingboard doesn't boot. The autoboot stop at ##Flattend Device Tree blob at 18000000 Booting using the fdt blob at 0x18000000 after this I had "No signal" on my HDMI screen. I use a µSDHC1 Transcend 8Go. She is erased by SDFORM…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. I have been running Armbian_5.41_Cubox-i_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.15.7_desktop.img with no issues on my Hummingboard Edge which consists of rev 1.4 Hummingboard2 carrier and rev 1.5 SOM. I decided to try the legacy image (Armbian_5.41_Cubox-i_Ubuntu_xenial_default_3.14.79_desktop.img) to gain support for the hardware video decoder. However, I have been unable to get the legacy version to boot properly. Initially, the board is detected as having a rev 1.5 SOM and there is a message about not being able to find the right dtb file (imx6q-hummingboard2-som-v15.dtb). Looking under /boot/dtb there are no dtb files for the rev 1.5 SOM in the legacy image. So I copied the defa…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I was an early adopter of cubox-i (and cubox before) By that time I was able to install Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS server and use my cubox-i to host owncloud, resourcespace, phplist, roundcube and other applications. Now I would like to upgrade (using another sd card) to Armbian_5.38_Cubox-i_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.14.14.7z Everything seems fine, except the fact that I can't import mysql data from mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.54, for debian-linux-gnu (armv7l) to mysql version 5.7 (skip one version is not supported) Do you have any suggestions ? Thanks a lot
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
First of all, sorry if I'm asking something really obvious, but I'm new in Linux. Hi! I just have a new fresh install of Armbian Stretch on my Cubox, and I just realized that Armbian isn't using the Predictable Network Interface Names but the old one. root@opl-cubox:/home/lpuerto# ifconfig eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 inet 192.168.1.6 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.1.255 inet6 fe80::d263:b4ff:fe00:8297 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20<link> ether d0:63:b4:00:82:97 txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet) RX packets 411 bytes 50456 (49.2 KiB) RX errors 0 dropped …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I just installed last ubuntu, iso 5.38, and the system says I only have 2GB RAM instead of 4GB. How can I fix it? Also, in the armbian-config, I can select board configuration, but I don't know what I should choose... Cubox-i dual/quad...... v1.5...... with emmc.... ?? Thank you.
-
Hi there, the attempt to mount an smb-share does not work. The attempt ends with the messages mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system mount error(19): No such device Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) The output of uname -r is 4.13.16-cubox cifs-utils are installed. Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance, Christoph
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 7.6k views
-
-
Hi I have no /dev/dvb on my UDOO Quad. I'm trying to get MythTV or tvheadend working on my UDOO Quad with Armbian Jessie with kernal 4.4.102 glen@udoo:~$ uname -a Linux udoo 4.4.102-udoo #2 SMP Fri Nov 24 18:49:01 CET 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux I thought that dvb drivers were included in version 3.19 of the kernel and up? Anyway I copied dvb-usb-af9015.fw to /lib/firmware and rebooted. But nothing shows up under /dev/dvb/ I would expect there to be adapter0 and adapter1 Here is my lsusb: glen@udoo:~$ lsusb Bus 001 Device 004: ID 13d3:3226 IMC Networks DigitalNow TinyTwin DVB-T R…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 8.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, Is there anyone out there who could explain why I cannot do any upgrade on my Cubox i4 anymore? On boot it looks like this: [ 0 security updates available, 9 updates total: apt upgrade ] Last check: 2017-11-26 04:06 Thanks!
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 8.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I upgrade Jessie to Stretch and installed (from armbian stretch) linux-image-dev-udoo linux-headers-dev-udoo linux-dtb-dev-udoo linux-u-boot-udoo-dev Unfortunately the kernel is not booting any more from sata: U-Boot SPL 2015.10-armbian (Nov 22 2017 - 17:21:35) U-Boot 2015.10-armbian (Nov 22 2017 - 17:21:35 +0100) CPU: Freescale i.MX6Q rev1.2 at 792 MHz Reset cause: POR Board: UDOO Quad DRAM: 1 GiB MMC: FSL_SDHC: 0 No panel detected: default to HDMI Display: HDMI (1280x720) In: serial Out: serial Err: serial Net: using phy at 6 FEC [PRIME] Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0 ** Bad device size - sata 0 ** AHCI 0001…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am unable to boot the latest armbian version on my hummingboard using a MicroSoM i1 rev. 1.5. It seems to be an DTB problem. The boot error is "no valid device tree binary" Does anybody have the same problem or a solution?
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've been trying to make work bluetooth in my cubox-i last months but it was not possible. I have mate desktop and I installed blueman-manager but it says 'device needs to be turned on'. I try to do it but nothing happens. I wonder if I am missing any tool or driver to make it work. By other hand I configured the swap partition and I can see the system says now I have 4.1GB as swap but also it says is using 0% any time, it doesn't matter if I have million websites opened or many applications working. So I wonder if that's normal or there is something wrong. Thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.2k views
-
-
Maybe I missed something, it's been a few weeks since I needed to install an image. cubox with hdmi does not boot. There is no serial port, so I can not even try to figure it out. Also it never requests an ip address from the router. Tried with trusty legacy and vanilla. Used the link specifically labeled cubox-i http://www.armbian.com/cubox-i/
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 11.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi there, is there a chance to have hardware acceleration for the armbian images for stretch? I build the debian stretch default desktop version, but there is no xserver-xorg-video-imx-viv and thus the desktop feels really laggy. Regards Georg
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I am having a problem using the uart and I guess it is related with this topic. I am trying to make my Hummingboard to communicate via UART with a serial ublox GPS. I identified that the right device in armbian (5.34) is /dev/ttymxc0 since it echoes characters when I join tx/rx together. When I connect the GPS it starts sending gps data normally, but when I have to reboot the hummingboard, it does not boot. I connected a screen to the HDMI interface to see what was happening, and I get the screen message as if a key had been pressed in order to stop booting process, so the boot stops here and the hummingboard does not come up. When I disconnect …
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 6.8k views
-
-
Hi I moved from 3.14 to 4.13. In 3.14 I had a imx framebuffer , needed for my lvds LCD In the 4.13 kernel menuconfig i cannot find a way to set CONFIG_FB_IMX. How to enable this? Dig
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 6.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I've flashed several times last image from cubox-i but I have this: Wrong image format for "source" command file not found /boot.scr file not fougn /uEnv.txt file not found /zImage file not found /uImage ..... ERROR: Did not find a cndline Flattened Device Tree Could not find a valid device tree ..... And more ¿Whats wrong? Thanks
-
I flashed my uSD card with armbian ubuntu desktop and works fine, until I do an apt upgrade. After that, I always see a boot message saying: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer derefence at virtual address 00000010.... Internal Error: oops: 17 [#1] SMT THUMB2... etc etc If I try doing startx, I see something else... (EE) modeset(0) failed to initialize glamor at ScreenInit() time. .... AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0.
-
Hello everyone, I am a beginner in Linux. I have a Hummingboard i2ex and I am running Armbian_5.30_Cubox-i_Ubuntu_xenial_4.11.4_desktop on it. Trying to use a CSI Tool, I have to compile and install this kernel : https://github.com/xieyaxiongfly/Atheros-CSI-Tool.git Here are the steps that I did on the Hummingboard: ( you can see the tutorial: http://pdcc.ntu.edu.sg/wands/Atheros/document/Atheros-CSI-Tool-User-Guide.pdf ) 1) sudo apt-get install git (to clone the source) 2) sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev (to run makemenuconfig) 3) git clone https://github.com/xieyaxiongfly/Atheros-CSI-Tool.git 4) Enter the dir ~/Atheros…
-
Hi, Beside some limitations with cubox's hardware I love my cubox-i 4x4. But it is hard to find good documentation about how to many things. Reading this forum and other webs I made many of my goals. After installing Debian from this web site and using the nand-sata-install script the system works from the hard drive. This hard drive has two partitions, the main and big one and one small, 4GB, swap partition, but the system is not using it, so I would like to know if I can make the system use it. I found this how to: 9. Setting Up Swap Space 9.1. Swap Files Normally, there are only two steps to setting up swap space, creating the partition and adding it to /etc/…
-
Reputation Points
- 24 replies
- 27.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Until yesterday my humminboard 1 i2ex worked without any flaws. Now after a restart I cannot access it via ssh anymore. I thought the Ip adress my have changed somehow cause I also restarted my router but it under active clients in router webif either. Also no video output via hdmi...guess that's normal since it's a debian server image. What I can see is the uboot showing up the count down, just quick, I could read ..wrong image format..and something with source.. that's it. Then screen turns black. I have the rootfs on msata ssd and if I remember correctly I removed all other unnecessary files from micro sd card many month ago. I…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 5k views
-
-
Hello, i have Hummingboard 1 with mainline kernel 4.11.6. And i have problem with GPIOs, after exporting GPIO 72 (also i try 73,71,1 / pin 11,13,7), set direction to OUT and value to 0 i have still 3.3V on pin 12 (11,13,7...). Also try 72 as OUT value 1 and 73 as IN ... and short this pins 11-12 by wire. gpiochip2: GPIOs 64-95, parent: platform/20a4000.gpio, 20a4000.gpio: gpio-68 ( |PCIe reset ) out hi gpio-69 ( |gpio-ir-recv ) in hi gpio-72 ( |sysfs ) out hi gpio-73 ( |sysfs ) in lo gpio-83 ( …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
Hi I have spent a lot of time with the Hummingboard2 Edge over the last months and i would like to share my experiences here. My Configurations is: Hummingboard 2 Edge with SSD Sata and MC7304 PCIE Lte Modem. Carrier Board is V1.2. Microsom is version 1.5. They are available since end of 2016. The difference is the WLAN and Bluetooth Module. Solidrun has changed it from Broadcom to TI Wlink 1831. First of all. If you have an unfused Microsom and you want to use the bootjumpers. (Only Carrier Board V1.2) Boot from SD: Set Jumper to SD (J5005 Pin 7 and 8) and (Connect J23 Pin 11 with J24 Pin 2 and with J21 Pin 5 Boot from MMC: Set Jumper…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Hello and first off thank you for the great resource of information and downloads. I am having problems booting up a fresh image on my cubox i 4 pro. The last time i installed an Armbian Image was in 2014 when i got this wonderful little machine and while trying upgrading my own cloud to next cloud i got a bad big block so i thought lets put a fresh image on and now its been 2 days of time outs. The Solidrun logo comes up and then i see that it can't find any images, well i have pictures so there it is. I used etcher to make the sd card. I used the official sd card formatter. New SD card is 32 GB transcend 10 speed. In my router the cub…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 10.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I finally got my Udoo Dual up and running with Mainline 4.4 Xenial Next and I was wondering how I go about getting the arduino environment back on to it. I downloaded the arm version from arduino and it sees the correct serial port but how do I access it within arduino. I updated the board package to include the Udoo boards but when I hit upload, it says bossac tools are unavailable for my board? What do I need to do to fix this? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.9k views
-
-
I've loaded Armbian onto my Udoo Dual and am having issues getting it past starting the kernel. I really like this OS on my other sbc's and have had no issues before this. I'm mostly a Linux noob with an elementary grasp of compiling the kernel. I have had this problem for about a week and am finally asking the pro's on how to fix this. Any help would GREATLY appreciated. Below is what I get from the U-Boot startup. Thanks! U-Boot SPL 2015.10-armbian (Jun 13 2017 - 15:51:16) U-Boot 2015.10-armbian (Jun 13 2017 - 15:51:16 +0200) CPU: Freescale i.MX6DL rev1.1 at 792 MHz Reset cause: POR Board: UDOO DualLite DRAM: 1 GiB MMC: FSL_SDHC: 0 *** Warning - bad CRC,…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 6.9k views
-
-
Recently I took my old Hummingboard and to run Armbian on it. I chose the desktop-version for Hummingboard using mainline kernel (presently 4.11.6-cubox). Unfortunately Armbianmonitor shows high CPU -temperature. It gradualy builds up, starting from 50 degrees next to 70 degrees, eventualy approaching 85 degrees and then it shuts down. I use the passive heatsink that came with the board and no case. I use it for light desktop things like browsing the internet. Is there something I can do to prevent this, is there something in the kernel like throttling when the board reaches a certain temperature? Thanks again for a great OS, I think you are doing an outstanding…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4.5k views
-
-
Hi, I run ARMBIAN 5.25 stable Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.9.12-cubox and use an external DAC connected to USB. Additionally and or comparison purposes I use ARMBIAN 5.25 stable Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.4.51-udoo . Since a few days the kernel on the cubox doesn't seem to recognize the USB-DACs as sound device any more. So, "aplay -l" doesn't list it: aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: SPDIF [Integrated SPDIF], device 0: S/PDIF PCM snd-soc-dummy-dai-0 [] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 A test with a udoo-board, shows the expected output: aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware D…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I installed a TPLINK wifi dongle, but when trying to set the interface up, i get the message of the subject. What can it be? Thanks! root@kraken:/etc/nginx/sites-enabled# ip link 1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00 2: eth0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,DYNAMIC,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000 link/ether d0:63:b4:00:1d:57 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff 3: wlan1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,DYNAMIC> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000 link/ether c…
-
Hi community I have a HummingBoard2 and installed Armbian on SD (first boot device). And everything works really fine! !!!Thanks a lot for the perfekt installation routine!!! Afterwards i tried to install from SD to eMMC with the "sata-nand-install.sh" script. Installation completes without errors. If i boot with inserted SD card the system boots from SD without errors (for a fused (0x5=2840 and 0x6=10) IMX6Solo and also with unfused module) - fine! If i remove the SD card and use a fused (0x5 = 3040 and 0x6=10) IMX6Solo module, i think it tries to boot from eMMC but it doesn't work. When i try to boot with inserte…
-
Hello, I want to boot Hummingboard Edge with Armbian (Jessie - kernel 3.14.54) , but I'm experiencing problems during the booting procedure. Bootloader is searching for some files then it gives up. I have copied two files (imx6q-hummingboard2.dtb to imx6q-hummingboard.dtb) to /boot/dtb/ folder. It looks like it starts with the kernel, but it never loads completely. Below are the steps: U-Boot SPL 2013.10-rc4-sun7i (Oct 11 2015 - 20:45:45) Boot Device: SD1 spl: error reading image u-boot.img, err - -1 Load image from RAW... U-Boot 2013.10-rc4-sun7i (Oct 11 2015 - 20:45:45) CPU: Freescale i.MX6Q rev1.5 at 792 MHz Reset cause: POR Board: MX6-HummingBoard2 DRAM: …
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I have problem with sata port multiplier. I can't make it work. All recommended changes for boot.cmd made. Any single SATA drive could be detected, but doesn't works via pmp. What else can be done? Dmesg attached. dmesg.txt
-
Hey All - So I decided to upgrade my Udoo from 4.5 (Debian Jessia, kernel 3.14.28) to the latest 5.25 Xenial. I gave next (4.4.46) a try, and it seemed to work awesome, however it seems like no one wants 1wire (still - it only takes up 1 gpio!). I built custom kernels enabling 1wire in the kernel and updated (or for default adding) 1wire to be enabiled in the imx6qdl-udoo.dtsi, however after I install the kernels, it just sits indefinitely at the red Armbian logo on boot. On 4.4.46, i was able to just install all the debs via dpkg -i *.deb On 3.14.56, I had to use dpkg --force-all -i *.deb Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Its been a while, so I'm s…
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 8k views
-
-
Hi, I had downloaded the image for my Hummingboard i2ex & tried to move my root FS to a USB drive. It did not throw any errors, but, on verifying the mount & boot.cmd file, it did not get migrated. The root still shows mounted from the SD Card. Can anyone help me in resolving this issue ? Here is my device details after reboot. root@cubox-i:~# lsblk NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT sda 8:0 1 14.6G 0 disk └─sda1 8:1 1 14.6G 0 part mmcblk0 179:0 0 14.9G 0 disk └─mmcblk0p1 179:1 0 14.6G 0 part / root@cubox-i:~# blkid /dev/mmcblk0p1: UUID="77646057-ce1f-426f-b09b-d2e6f03f3d52" TYPE="ext4" PAR…
-
Reputation Points
- 19 replies
- 9.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Maybe someone has an idea what the problem is... So I use the latest armbian with kernel 4.9.18. I installed mpd+mpc on it and mounted nfs share with fstab. Everything is working fine but if i press the play button from my phone/tablet actually the playing starts just after 30 sec. it is exactly 30 sec. I have no idea what can cause this delay.
-
Hello Solidrun has updatet their microsoms to v1.5. MicroSOM rev 1.5 Wifi: 802.1 b/g/n - 2.4 / 5 Ghz, single or dual MIMO with Bluetooth V4.0 (TI Wilink 8 WL18xx) http://wiki.solid-run.com/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=imx6:microsom:docs:sr-usom-mx6-pcn-20160915.pdf This is from the solidrun website: Make sure that your kernel .config has the following enabled either as modules or statically part of the kernel, in order to build the TI WiLink8 WiFi drivers -CONFIG_WL18XX=yCONFIG_WLCORE=yCONFIG_WLCORE_SPI=yCONFIG_WLCORE_SDIO=yCONFIG_WILINK_PLATFORM_DATA=yCONFIG_WL_TI=y# CONFIG_WL1251 is not set# CONFIG_WL12XX is not setThe firmware i…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I installed "Armbian_5.25_Cubox-i_Ubuntu_xenial_default_3.14.79_desktop" because I am having many other troubles with "Armbian_5.25_Cubox-i_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.9.7_desktop". Everything looks working fine until I noticed I can't use firefox over a RDP, in any user session. Also I would like to comment I can't make work chromium, getting all time a white page with a "Aw, Snap" message. Any idea about how to fix these two problems?
-
Hi, I have an issue on my hummingboard i2ex. I installed mpd and configured it with SPDIF. The kernel is 4.9.12-cubox. Unfortunately the sound looks strange. It sounds like a slow motion recording. The load is very load (<0.2) so I think it is not a performance problem. I saw there was an issue with the SPDIF previously but it is a little bit different. Do you have any idea what could be wrong? Is it possible to test it your side? Thanks, Warter
-
Any hints?
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4k views
-
-
@Igor how come there isn't any mainline kernels available for these boards lack of time or lack of interest ? currently using xilka kernel but would love to have it in apt less messy would be awesome to include/combine those builds and get more support for imx6 since graphics is up to 3.14.60 and mainline is at 4.4.0 (minimal support for graphics kinda like your mainline packages).
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
See the following steps to get the TI wl18xx drivers to work on the Cubox with the I4P Rev 1.5 SOM. Step 1) Boot with the Armbian base image (Armbian_5.20_Cubox-i_Ubuntu_xenial_4.7.3). The 3.14.79 base image also works however will require a different dpkg install command to overwrite the 3.14.79 kernel. Step 2) Build a new kernel with Armbian build tools, note this only works with the 'DEV' kernel branch because SolidRun provides all the necessary DTS files. Edit the compile.sh script and change KERNEL_CONFIGURE="yes" to customize the kernel configuration. The relevant modules you will need to select are: CONFIG_WL_TI=y CO…
-
Hello, i was using my cubox-i 4 pro since two years now. Last time (last week) i have used a armbian legacy debian version from whatever, after my hdd corrupted (i have a backup) i tried to setup the system again with a new ssd and the newer version of armbian but i have a few problems. First i flashed the mainline 4.9.7 dd-image on my sd card with rufus. That one is not booting. I can see in a seriel session that the uboot is starting after the line booting the kernel nothing happens any more. In my router i can not see any ip from dhcp is given out to the system and it does not do anything more. After that i have tried the legacy 3.14.79 what when i flashed …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I installed rpi-monitor via the debian micro home server script. It's nice, especially cpu load and ram usage but I don't get the right temperature of the cpu. Here's a screenshot. Any idea how I can fix that?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, since upgrading to the new stable build DKMS refuses to compile any driver package for the 8812au Wifi chip I could find on github: make ARCH= CROSS_COMPILE= -C M=/root/rtl8812AU modules make[1]: *** M=/root/rtl8812AU: No such file or directory. Stop. Makefile:1576: recipe for target 'modules' failed make: *** [modules] Error 2 I did change the makefile to reflect compiling for ARM. This procedure worked on the old stable kernel. Is there a way to modify the Makefile or kernel sources to accept the new kernel...or is something borked with my system? The error message does not point me to a direction to check for a fix. C…
-
I migrated my system from Wheezy from udoo.org which installed long ago to Armbian Jessie. The main stuff is working and i also manged to boot the new kernel (u-boot config). When i do apt-get upgrade the system always want to upgrade the initrd file. I get the following error messages: update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.4.51-udoo Warning: root device rootfs does not exist Press Ctrl-C to abort build, or Enter to continue Warning: /sbin/fsck.rootfs doesn't exist, can't install to initramfs, ignoring. update-initramfs: Converting to u-boot format Unsupported platform. run-parts: /etc/initramfs/post-update.d//flash-kernel exited with return code…
-
Hi there, on my Cubox i4 pro there was an update from 4.9.7-cubox to 4.9.12-cubox. It took quite a while, and there were a couple of messages: dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.9.7-cubox/scripts/genksyms': Directory not empty dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.9.7-cubox/scripts/mod': Directory not empty dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.9.7-cubox/scripts/kconfig': Directory not empty dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.9.7-cubox/scripts/basic': Directory not empty dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/usr/src/…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Hello. I've tried to find the TC358743 toshiba chip drivers in the kernel, but I can't. As far as I know they are included from 4.1 version, but in the menuconfig option I didn't found them. Is driver avaliable on this kernel or I should use another kernel?
-
Just wondering if anyone has booted the latest cubox-i test images with kernel 4.9.5 ? I tried the last couple of days with no joy; however I have not got around to full logs / troubleshooting. It looks like it is getting into u-boot OK but then not finding the dtb and drops to the u-boot shell.
-
Hello How to rotate screen HDMI ? 4.7.3-cubox
-
Hello, I have a problem with connecting to ILI9341 hummingboard postaebuje as described http://docs.armbian.com/Hardware_Freescale-imx6/ I do entry Add this to your / etc / modules: fbtft_device name = adafruit22a rotate speed = 90 = 48000000 fps = 50 GPIOs reset = 67, led 72, dc 195 busnum = 1 reboot but the display is lit only shows nothing What may be the problem wyśietlacz exactly http://allegro.pl/wyswietlacz-lcd-tft-2-4-240x320-spi-bte-141-i6258585811.html
-
Reputation Points
- 21 replies
- 7.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I am trying to run urbit on my CuBox-i 4×4 and it looks like ARMBIAN 5.25 stable has some kind of kernel config that limiting the memory usage: ./urbit -c mytestcomet ~ urbit 0.4.4 urbit: home is mytestcomet boot: mapping 2048MB failed see urbit.org/docs/using/install for adding swap space I have added a 4GB swapfile but it seems it's not addressable by the urbit process, I also tuned the setting vm.swappiness without any success. Could this be related to the kernel config CONFIG_VMSPLIT_2G? Details: ---- Kernel setting cat /proc/config.gz |zcat |grep -v "^#" |grep VMSPLIT CONFIG_VMSPLIT_2G=y top top - 20:24:55 up 4 min, 1 user, l…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys. I wanna ditch archlinux because its continuos issues with Kodi and uwsgi. Does Debian for arm play good with Kodi? Is there any major issue besides the network speed? Thanks!
-
A couple years back a company named TBS, mostly known for their DTV hardware, released a mini PC styled thing. It's called the TBS2910 Matrix and was marketed mostly as a Kodi box. Sadly it doesn't seem the product made the sales necessary to keep the company interested - which in my view is a shame since it's got some interesting hardware features: Quad-core i.MX6 CPU (1GHz) 2GB DDR3 Ram MiniPCIe slot 16GB eMMC Storage SATA connector with 12V power, capable of powering a 3.5" HDD On-board 2.4GHz Wifi Gigabit ethernet (likely limited to 400Mbps or so) 3 USB 2.0 ports + 1 mini USB otg port 1 full-size SD slot, 1 microSD slot HDMI, analog and optical audio out I…
-
Hi, I have Connected i.MX6 Single Board Computer. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6943408/ConnectCore/DSCF0496.JPG I need to boot Debian-based system from SD card. I tried a lot of images - without success. Only original Yocto image from Digi.com company boot: ftp://ftp1.digi.com/support/digiembeddedyocto/2.0/r3/images/82003940_C/ccimx6sbc/x11/dey-image-qt-x11-ccimx6sbc-20160811150718.rootfs.sdcard http://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/Digidocs/90001945-13/task/yocto/t_faq_boot_from_usd_yocto.htm but I need Debian-based OS, not Yocto. From dozens of image for other board I have "success" only with http://www.armbian.com/donate/?f=Armbian_5.20…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have used ARMBIAN Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 3.14.79-cubox the upload speed was horrible about 2,5 Mbytes/s Now I switched the kernel to vanilla ARMBIAN Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.8.4-cubox the upload speed is now about 8,5 Mbytes/s On booth kernels the download speed is ok about 48 Mbytes/s root@tombase:~# ifconfig eth0 eth0 Link encap:Ethernet Hardware Adresse d0:63:b4:00:c4:04 inet Adresse:192.168.15.7 Bcast:192.168.15.255 Maske:255.255.255.0 inet6-Adresse: fe80::d263:b4ff:fe00:c404/64 Gültigkeitsbereich:Verbindung inet6-Adresse: 2003:84:ab4c:ac00:d263:b4ff:fe00:c404/64 Gültigkeitsbereich:Global …
-
Hi, i've asked this question also in the solid-run forum, but i think it's important to ask here also to Igor. Must be an explanation to from where the nvram file came out first. There are different brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt sources, with very different files for same wifi adapter and device (Cubox-i) I'm wondering what is the difference from the nvram .txt file for broadcom wifi firmware (brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt) between (A)solid-run:meta-solidrun-arm-imx6 (much longer with lots of additional parameters)https://github.com/SolidRun/meta-solidrun-arm-imx6/blob/fido/recipes-bsp/broadcom-nvram-config/files/solidrun-imx6/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt (B)the one that ships …
-
Dear all, I'm just trying to get a HummingBoard-Edge (i.MX6 Quad, 2GB) working with Armbian_5.20_Cubox-i_Ubuntu_xenial_4.7.3. Unfortunately, the board is recognized as CuBox-i, U-Boot loads the wrong dtb file (imx6q-cubox-i.dtb) and I have no access to the internal eMMC card (mmcblk1). By the way, it's the same issue with ArchLinuxArm. Do I have to somehow modify the U-Boot environment variables to get the board being recognized as Hummingoard2? Do you have any other ideas? Thank you very much for your help! Best regards Andreas
-
Hi i have an udoo quad and i downloaded your os (ubuntu jessie desktop Kernel 4.0.8). At first congratulation for your work and big thanks to share it After the flash of the sd card (used win32diskimager because imagewriter don't work for me), i can started my card. Ethernet, wifi, browser ... works fine ! Now, that it didn't work is sata disk or usb disk. When i plug it on the card nothing appear. If i go to /media i saw nothing. Do you know how to resolve this ? Otherwise, i would like to compile Qt5.5 but i need the header for openGL librairie to do it. Is it possible to have it (i saw nothing on /usr/include) ? Last think, do you plan to make a try with the new …
-
Hello everyone! I just installed Armbian for my Cubox and I'm experiencing a boot loop caused by the watchdog directly after logging in as root and when prompted to create a new account. Attached you find the serial console output. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this behaviour? Cheers, David Cubox-i4Pro Boot Loop.txt
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Anyone get ArduinoIDE working on armbian for the Udoo quad? When I try to upload a sketch, i see a java exception for bossac - no such file or directory (when i try to run bossac -h, same error) Edit - the error above was for Udoo's 1.5.8 version. I tried 1.5.4, and now I get errors trying to create GPIO0 and GPIO117 (direction & value).
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.1k views
-
-
Hi, I'm using the debian jessie v2.9 image, I've mistakenly used an 8GB SD card and setup my system now, I would like to move this to a larger SD card, I can DD the image to a new card, is there boot scripts that I can force to re-run to resize the partions? Thanks, Jack
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 7.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I tried everything: I downloaded wheezy isos, Jessie.... with GUI, no GUI and then I installed by myself..... solid-run isos and armbian isos.... just clean system... burn the iso in a sdcard and run the system.... if it has already GUI I install blueman and test bluetooth and wifi.... perfect. If doesn't have gui then I install one (I tried xfce and mate), then blueman and test bluetooth and wifi.... perfect. then 'apt-get update && apt-get upgrade' and bluetooth stops working Any reason for that and any tip?
-
Hey Folks, After the Solid-Run screen I lose HDMI, serial works fine of course. Assuming the Cubox can't use my resolutions by default but I have no idea how to fix. Could anyone please point me in the right direction? $ xrandr Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1920 x 1200, maximum 16384 x 16384 VGA-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) HDMI-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) DVI-0 connected primary 1920x1200+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 518mm x 324mm 1920x1200 59.95*+ 1920x1080 60.00 1600x1200 60.00 1680x1050 59.88 1280x1024 60.02 1440x900 59.90 …
-
Hi all, This is my first post! My cubox-i4x4 won’t boot with a second usb device plugged in. I am running the latest version of Armbian Jessie (Vanilla Kernel). I have done “nand-sata-install†booting rootfs from usb flash memory. Someone having a clue?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 13.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I updated my Vanilla Jessie headless install yesterday (aptitude safe-upgrade), but the system never came back online after reboot. The screen flashes the SolidRun logo and a few lines of text, and then the LED turns off and the screen goes blank: It doesn't seem like the system boots, and it definitely doesn't connect to my home network via Ethernet. Is there a way to rescue this install? Thanks in advance, Matteo
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 6.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Need help in finding a suitable Debian build for Sabre Board running imX6 Quad from Freescale.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Hi there, I see `iw list` is showing that the i4 pro's internal chip supports AP mode. [1] However, when I try to run `/usr/sbin/hostapd /etc/hostapd.conf` it errors out with no driver entry or driver=nl80211 in hostapd.conf [2] Configuration file: /etc/hostapd.conf Failed to create interface mon.wlan0: -95 (Operation not supported) wlan0: interface state UNINITIALIZED->COUNTRY_UPDATE wlan0: Could not connect to kernel driver Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr 40:2c:f4:ae:16:c6 and ssid "aa" Failed to set beacon parameters wlan0: Could not connect to kernel driver Interface initialization failed wlan0: interface state COUNTRY_UPDATE->DISABLED w…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone. I am using Debian Jessie image for hummingboard IMX6. I compiled version 0.12.0 of https://github.com/Freescale/gstreamer-imxand installed it. I can use imxipuvideosink just fine. However, I can't get imxg2dvideosink working. When I try the following pipeline: gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! imxg2dvideosink I get $ sudo gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! imxg2dvideosink Setting pipeline to PAUSED ... Pipeline is PREROLLING ... Message from syslogd@localhost at Jun 1 15:40:46 ... kernel:[ 1815.922228] Internal error: Oops: 5 [#4] SMP ARM Message from syslogd@localhost at Jun 1 15:40:46 ... kernel:[ 1815.922381] Process videotestsrc0:s (pid: 2506, stack limit = 0…
-
Hi, I've been using my cubox-i 4x4 for close to one year and now after one reboot no hard drive connected to Esata port works. I tried with different debian isos and they work fine on the sd card and hard drives connected to usb ports too.... Any help?
-
Hey guys, since noone seems to care at the solid-run forum, I ask here. I would like to compile SDL2 with opengles and vivante support. I've installed the drivers from this post http://forum.solid-run.com/linux-on-cubox-i-and-hummingboard-f8/about-opengl-drivers-and-binary-blobs-packages-for-t2013.html With both versions of debian (armbian and the official) ./configure can't find these drivers, all I get is "dummy" for the video driver. With arch linux there were no problems at all, it worked right out of the box. Does someone have a hint for me. This is my last hope. Thanks in advance McCarthy
-
Hello all, I've downloaded the Vanilla Jessie (Armbian_5.00_Cubox-i_Debian_jessie_4.4.1.zip) and installed it on my 2 Cubox-i (i4Pro and i4x4). I'd like to get Wi-fi working on both and edited the /etc/network/interfaces file to uncomment and configure wlan0 and rebooted. Unfortunately on both, I'm unable to get Wi-Fi operational. Performing an ifup wlan0 generates the following output: wpa_supplicant: /sbin/wpa_supplicant daemon failed to start run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wpasupplicant exited with return code 1 Failed to bring up wlan0. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance UPDATE: WiFi is now working on both 4x4 …
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 7.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
The hummingboard edge has a RS485 port on UART2? What would it take to get to get this running? The latest build does not have ttymxc1 enabled. And I think the driver for the RS485 is different than the normal RS232 Driver. thanks
-
I have a Cubox that has been running Debian Wheezy for a while and I want to do a clean install of Jessie on it. I downloaded Armbian_5.00_Cubox-i_Debian_jessie_4.4.1 and wrote it to SD card, but it won't boot. The error is: Unknown command 'bootz' I rather suspect that my Cubox is not a Cubox-i - possibly an earlier version that does not support compressed kernels. Is there some way I can work around this? Maybe re-flash the bootloader, or uncompress the kernel on another system perhaps? Thanks Andrew
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am using your Debian (wheezy) on a SolidRun Hummingboard-i2eX. uname -a Linux cubox-i 3.14.14-cubox-i #2 SMP Mon Aug 31 19:36:11 CDT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux In /dev, it looks like there are two IMX serial devices: ls -l /dev/ttymxc* crw-rw---T 1 root dialout 207, 16 Feb 4 2001 /dev/ttymxc0 crw-rw---T 1 root dialout 207, 19 Feb 4 2001 /dev/ttymxc3 I can send/receive data from /dev/ttymxc0 (uart1) by using pin 8 (Tx) and pin 10 (Rx) of the 26-pin header on the board. But how can I access /dev/ttymxc3 (uart4)? Is there a pin somewhere on the board that I can connect to so I that I can send serial input to uart4? Thank you.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Igor, Thanks for your great work with Armbian. I'm currently using your Armbian4.90 for my Hummingboard Edge v2 (dual), as the newest that does not hang on PCIe initialization. Unfortunately, the OV5640 MIPI module is not compiled in this version (it is compiled in all later versions of kernel 3.14.60). Have you kept an archive all the versions of your kernel source? Is there any way to get it so we can add and compile a specific module? Of course, I would prefer if the latest 3.14 kernel could not hang with the PCIe adapter initializing, but this seems to be a pretty difficult issue... I tried the latest one available on the official Armbian site (5.00)…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Is there lvds screen compatible with humming board pro version on armbian and if not wich lvds 30pin will u recomend to modify or assist to work on the HB pro
-
Hi there, Just loaded Armbian Vanilla Jessie (5.00, 4.4.1 kernel) on one of my Cuboxes. There's no sound from SPDIF, even though it's seen: root@cubox-i:~# aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: SPDIF [integrated SPDIF], device 0: S/PDIF PCM snd-soc-dummy-dai-0 [] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 Speaker-test shows no errors: root@cubox-i:~# speaker-test -r 44100 -F S16_LE -c 2 -D hw:0,0 speaker-test 1.0.28 Playback device is hw:0,0 Stream parameters are 44100Hz, S16_LE, 2 channels Using 16 octaves of pink noise Rate set to 44100Hz (requested 44100Hz) Buffer size range from 64 to 16384 Period size range from 32 to 8192 …
-
Hey, which kernel did you use for the provided Hummingboard image (wheezy)? Is it a self-patched linux-linaro or the latest from solidrun (linux-fslc)? My test tells me, that it is the one from solidrun as I'm not able to use PCI on my HB pro. I've recognized it using the current devel of OpenELEC which also uses kernel 3.14.60 from solidrun. An older version of OpenELEC (e.g. 6.0.3) or Armbian (eg. 4.4 using 3.14.53) works quite good. The PCI driver and the dts changed quite a lot between those kernel repositories. Do you have any suggestions how to fix that? My tries all ended in a boot hang (black screen).
-
Hello Igor, First, Thank You for all great work over Armbian ! I tried about all previous releases and they started over HDMI port normally with factory U-Boot 2013 ... Now Armbian 5.00 I tried all posted release Legacy and Vanilla Kernels and only Jessie Desktop show startup process and show GUI screen. Igor, may You help Me Please, How to upgrade factory board U-Boot with Your U-Boot version ?
-
Hi Igor, is there a possibility to compile HummingBoard image with libmmal.so, from Raspberry Pi?