RISC-V
29 topics in this forum
-
Hey! Got it up and running - I have an Armbian SD card image based on the source trees found on https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong. Since I am a newbie to Armbian, please accept my apologies for beginner errors. Here's what I currently got on my UART: root@orangepirv2:~# uname -a Linux orangepirv2 6.6.63-current-ky #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Mar 18 02:29:27 UTC 2025 riscv64 GNU/Linux root@orangepirv2:~# cat /etc/os-release PRETTY_NAME="Armbian-unofficial 26.02.0-trunk trixie" NAME="Debian GNU/Linux" VERSION_ID="13" VERSION="13 (trixie)" VERSION_CODENAME=trixie DEBIAN_VERSION_FULL=13.2 ID=debian HOME_URL="https://www.armbian.com/" SUPPORT_URL="https://forum.armbian.com…
-
Reputation Points
- 277 replies
- 93.3k views
- 13 followers
-
-
It used to be here but now it's 404 https://armbian.com/boards/orangepir2s
-
Images for Visionfive-2. https://disk.yandex.ru/d/YDBZD53WnCk1Ig Important. For the system to work correctly, you need to update the bootloader in SPI\flash once (the switch for selecting the device to run should be set to “qspi” 0,0 , this is the default state when delivered from the factory). To do this, download the image from the link https://disk.yandex.ru/d/zsqznfa1ySI2gw burn it to the SD card, connect it to VF2 and turn on the power, wait 2 minutes and turn off the power. After that, you can write an ArmbianTV image to the SD card, connect it to VF2 and the system will start automatically. The next steps…
-
Reputation Points
- 56 replies
- 30.7k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Is it possible to enable jumbo frame on any ethernet interface of Orange Pi RV2. My attempts to set mtu > 1500 are going to fail. The kernel is not support this. I use Ambian based Debian 13 ( current 6.18.35 ). By the way, network controller support Jumbo up to 18K.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 757 views
-
-
My initial testing at the Orange Pi RV2 board detected a list of errors, missing features, driver issues and instabilities: . Not able to run Py5 3D geometry on basis of Jogl, JavaFx3D and Py5 API and packages. The error relates due to missing RISC64 architecture support in the Java APIs and will require platform adjustments for additional drivers. There is yet no GPU acceleration available for this board. Issues: . Missing Wacom tablet driver support at opening of the Ubuntu GNOME environment, the Stylus pen was not detected as pointer device. . Instability at the Firefox Web browser when opening of the start screen. . Chrome browser also shows …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm testing a visionfive2 board with 8GB ram and I can only see 4GB in the armbian installed system. As far as I understand, the official image by StarFive has a extra u-boot partition on SD that tricks something to make the ram fully visible to the system. In fact I can see 8GB when using the official debian image but only 4 under armbian. Is there any way to fix this? I'd like to use the armbian environment while using the full ram available. I'm trying to mashup the two partition schemas but I'm probably doing someting wrong... Thank you in advance for any (very appreciated) help! -psi
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Added alpha version of image build support for RISC-V. So far, this is an early version and some of the functions do not work in it. Currently, support has been added for the StarFive model. https://rvspace.org/ Details can be seen in this topic. https://forum.rvspace.org/t/armbian-for-starfive-build-system-ubuntu-debian/468 Added support for Nezha D1 and Lichee RV (Dock) with Allwinner D1 RISC-V chip. To start the system. Download the image, unpack it, burn it to the SD card. Connect the SD card to the device and turn on the power. Further steps for initial setup are similar for all Armbian systems. …
-
Reputation Points
- 189 replies
- 355.4k views
- 9 followers
-
-
Is anyone still playing with this board? When the CPU microcode bur came out, interest in this board immediately died down and in my opinion it's a real shame. I can understand in operational and production scenarios that if malicious code is injected the attacker can take control of the machine but it's a pretty difficult scenario to implement. I tried to load the latest armbian builds but I couldn't boot. As for performance, I have to say that with the official sipeed image I'm not bad even if it's not a distro but a debian image optimized by the sipeed team. I also believe in this case that there are no maintainers who can follow the armbian community relea…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I open a new 3d because I would like to take stock of the situation regarding this interesting riscv board. Currently I use the official debian image of the riscv team but I would really like to play with armbian. I understand that there are very few interested users and no maintainers to update the community build. I think one of the problems was the continuous updating by the riscv team of uboot and spl which made it impossible to run the old armbian images because the boot dip switches always had to be set to 0.0 QSPI Nor Flash so the image was required to have uboot and spl on it. I would like to know if anyone is still playing with this board and what im…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Armbian Version BOARD=bananapif3 BOARD_NAME="BananaPi BPI-F3" BOARDFAMILY=spacemit BUILD_REPOSITORY_URL=https://github.com/armbian/build BUILD_REPOSITORY_COMMIT=2f1fa5f40 LINUXFAMILY=spacemit ARCH=riscv BOOT_SOC= IMAGE_TYPE=nightly BOARD_TYPE=csc INITRD_ARCH=riscv KERNEL_IMAGE_TYPE=Image KERNEL_TARGET=current KERNEL_TEST_TARGET= FORCE_BOOTSCRIPT_UPDATE= FORCE_UBOOT_UPDATE= OVERLAY_DIR="" VENDOR="Armbian" VENDORDOCS="https://docs.armbian.com" VENDORURL="https://www.armbian.com/" VENDORSUPPORT="https://forum.armbian.com" VENDORBUGS="https://www.armbian.com/bugs" VERSION=25.5.0-trunk.52 REVISION=25.5.0-trunk.52 BRANCH=current I tried to enbale the I2C bus accord…
-
Hello there! Over the past month and more I have been making many experiments - and right now, I am waiting for a finished product; a Docker container with musl-libc and gcc to serve as a "clean slate build environment". Initially, I had intended for this to be the environment for Alpine Linux - because I want the `alpine:3.19` container so half my software, including k3s, stops complaining xD - but figured, I made all those configs and have gathered all of this experience AND have a board right here - which is where I am putting my container together, too. Yep, those four cores are working overtime, since a month straight, between dozen revisions and rebuilds…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 3.9k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Test version of images 20230622-legacy for star64. https://disk.yandex.ru/d/eEC4riP1jBWCeg Important. For the system to work correctly, you need to update the bootloader once. To do this, download the image from the link https://disk.yandex.ru/d/zsqznfa1ySI2gw burn it to the SD card, connect it to Star64 and turn on the power, wait 2 minutes and turn off the power. After that, you can write an ArmbianTV image to the SD card, connect it to Star64 and the system will start automatically. The next steps are usually the initial setup of Armbian. In versions with DE (IceWM XFCE). even video playback in the window wor…
-
Reputation Points
- 30 replies
- 14.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Visionfive2 booting spi version starfive 5.11.3 firmware. U-boot sees the 8GB RAM. I am using Armbian_community_24.5.0-trunk.433_Visionfive2_jammy_edge_5.15.0_xfce_desktop.img. I suspect there is something broken with the dtb file. I am loading this dtb: load nvme 0:1 ${fdt_addr_r} /boot/dtb/starfive/jh7110-visionfive-v2.dtb When I use OpenBSD 7.5 the 8GB is seen, but that is a different dtb file and EFI boot process. Is there a different dtb file to use?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, hastebin - iqolofuzis (armbian.com) That is my hastebin paste made from a recently built BeagleV-Ahead board that has a four core, RISCV processor. The TH1520 or four c910 processors make up the bulk of the board with some extra functionality. I have been trying to build for this board recently and again. Anyway, there is a u-boot function in the mix of building an Armbian Jammy image that is called /dev/loop. It seems this is where my current errors are located in the build. Please send some advice. Seth P.S. Here is what I think makes up the main issue: [💲|🌱] Writing u-boot bootlo…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, There is a new BeagleV-Ahead I would like to see have Armbian support. * T-Head TH1520 (quad-core Xuantie C910 processor) and etc... I was trying to get support and I wanted to reach out. So, here I am. I am making a .csc file now which hopefully one day will be a full-blown .conf file w/ xxx_defconfig support. Seth P.S. Please let me know what steps I need to take to get support.
-
Reputation Points
- 27 replies
- 10.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Finally was able to boot from: Armbian_23.09_Starfive2_lunar_current_6.1.31.img.xz Which is from https://disk.yandex.ru/d/YDBZD53WnCk1Ig/ArmbianTV/20231123-current So the board works, but there seems to be no USB support? I tried to boot from the image from the Armbian site https://www.armbian.com/star64/ But it will not boot at all. What am I doing wrong?
-
Hi everyone! I have compiled a boot image for MangoPi Pro D1 from the source code at the link https://github.com/chainsx/armbian-riscv-build these sources, as I understand it, are based on: https://github.com/150balbes/build The image is working, but I can't install Kernel Headers Console displays me the following message: max@nezha:~$ sudo apt install linux-headers-$(uname -r) Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-5.19.17-d1 E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'linux-headers-5.19.17-d1' Whi…
-
I wanted to ask you why the RISC-V images are missing and in particular in one case the previous ones are also missing, e.g. https://imola.armbian.com/archive/mangopi-mq/archive
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.4k views
-
-
The RNNoise code and instructions for compiling it are located at https://gitlab.xiph.org/xiph/rnnoise and highlight the latest addition of Jean-Marc Valin, a developer who I can never thank enough for the work he has done. Two years have passed since the highlighted addition and therefore updated instructions on how to complete the compilation would be useful in general and not just for the hardware we have. This is the sequence of commands: sudo atp update sudo apt install autogen sudo apt install configure-debian sudo apt install dh-autoreconf ./autogen.sh ./configure make -j36 sudo make install -j36 You will now have the RNNoise libraries inst…
-
Now that affordable RISC-V SBC's are appearing, are there plans to investigate and possibly support them from Armbian? BeagleV: Beta version has been delivered to developers. Now runs Fedora. Price: 150 USD. Nezha RISC-V SBC: Seems available, see https://www.cnx-software.com/2021/05/20/nezha-risc-v-linux-sbc/ . 99 USD. OS: "Tina, a fork of OpenWrt, officially supported by Allwinner, " ... D1 Linux RISC-V SBC: promised for May, but we have to wait and see. https://www.cnx-software.com/2021/04/13/allwinner-d1-linux-risc-v-sbc-processor/ If it helps, I'm willing to do a small donation.
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 7.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I've been trying MangoPi MQ Pro images for a couple weeks now, it always fails booting with same behaviour, with the same error message. To me, the most important lines are those: ERROR: Did not find a cmdline Flattened Device Tree Could not find a valid device tree SCRIPT FAILED: continuing... With my limited knowledge, my understanding is that the memory where the devicetree file is loaded gets overwritten by something else, or is loaded in memory address higher than the 512MB available on this device. I understand that MangoPi MQ Pro images are based on the Nezha D1 board witch is comes with 1GB of memory. So I decided to …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone! I tried to boot both Lunar and Sid and got similar UART-console output: Armbian_23.05.0-trunk-e33842ef2_Mangopi-mq_lunar_edge_6.1.0-rc3.boot.log I noticed that "/boot/dtb/allwinner/sun20i-d1-nezha.dtb" is wrong choise, found it in extlinux.conf and changed it like this(hope commenting out strings works here): label Armbian kernel /boot/Image initrd /boot/uInitrd # fdt /boot/dtb/allwinner/sun20i-d1-nezha.dtb fdt /boot/dtb/allwinner/sun20i-d1-mangopi-mq-pro.dtb append root=UUID=5e7413f7-b308-4843-b9a9-063d99cb1700 console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0 earlycon=sbi cma=96M rootflags=data=writeback stmmaceth=chain_mode:1 rw rw no_console_susp…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 5.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi Guys! This is my fist post on this forum. I have been spending a lot of time these days to make the MCP2515 CAN Controller on the RISCV computer, but I am not able to make it work even if everything seems to be on place. It is obvious that I am not understanding something correclty and that is why is not working. I am using the MangoPi Mqpro that has the SPI port on the 40 pin connector. Right now is not possible to add overlays on mangopi with the arbiam, but I managed to upload my custom overlays using the grub and Ubuntu, that part is not relevant for the topic. Let's assume for the topic that I am able to upload overlays and they are correctly appl…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 4.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello everyone I have some trouble with device tree from Mango Pi. There is no overlays in Mango Pi D1: armbian-add-overlay file.dts => output: D1 is not support for overlays. When start board, command dmesg | grep serial output: @2500000.serial and @2500400.serial. It's okay. When I decompiled sun20i-d1-nezha.dtb file I saw that serial@2500000 and serial@2500400 status = "okay", other serials status = "disable". There are serials: 2500000,2500400,2500800,2500c00,2501000,2501400. So I try, for example, to change status for serial@2500800 from disable to okay. After dtc -I dts -O dtb to the /boot/dtb/allwiner then I did reboot and dmesg | grep seria…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 6.5k views
-
-
Downloaded Armina 23.8 Lunar CLI version and used the Raspberry Pi imager to push it to a 32G SD card. (I use a mac). It still does not boot, here is the log file that it produces.... Can't find a valid device tree. MangoPiBootlog.txt
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have recently taken on the somewhat challenging task of creating a power monitoring system similar to an IoTaWatt. I have been doing research on the topic and have concluded that a RISC V Mango Pi Pink V1.4 would be a viable board to get the job done. However I still need some assistance from people with more knowledge than me on the topic. I have several questions that i would greatly appreciate if answered. Is the RISC V Mango Pi Pink V1.4 capable of running Armbian with processing power to spare? Is the RISC V Mango Pi Pink V1.4 a powerful enough computer to take several inputs and graph them? Does anyone have any tips on how you would go about making a syste…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
On Armbian_23.5.0-trunk.140_Visionfive2_lunar_edge_5.15.0.img.xz chrony fails to start: May 02 23:24:48 visionfive2 systemd[1]: Starting chrony.service - chrony, an NTP client/server... May 02 23:24:48 visionfive2 chronyd[1874]: chronyd version 4.3 starting (+CMDMON +NTP +REFCLOCK +RTC +PRIVDROP +SCFILTER +SIGN> May 02 23:24:48 visionfive2 chronyd[1874]: Using right/UTC timezone to obtain leap second data May 02 23:24:48 visionfive2 chronyd[1874]: Fatal error : Failed to load seccomp rules May 02 23:24:48 visionfive2 chronyd-starter.sh[1872]: Failed to load seccomp rules May 02 23:24:48 visionfive2 systemd[1]: chrony.service: Control process exite…
-
Works with flash boot select, switches 00 Flash won't boot directly from microSD, switches 01 SD
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
Hi all, I'm trying to build @balbes150's risc-v branch of Armbian and put it into /dev/sdb 32GB SD card. I'm using Ubuntu 22.04. ./compile.sh BOARD=nezha BRANCH=current RELEASE=sid BUILD_MINIMAL=no BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_ONLY=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no CARD_DEVICE="/dev/sdb" It went well, the card seems OK to me. $ lsblk NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTS sda 8:0 0 931,5G 0 disk └─sda1 8:1 0 931,5G 0 part sdb 8:16 1 28,9G 0 disk ├─sdb1 8:17 1 256M 0 part └─sdb2 8:18 1 2,7G 0 part /media/slavek/c4be3c21-ec0c-4ccb-a9ec-f310583febf9 When I try to boot my MangoPi Pro (D…