Libre Le Potato
| Download Armbian OS images: | Provide logs: |
| Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu. |
Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.
|
83 topics in this forum
-
Topic covering feature updates/bugfixes. Sep. 29 2017 - HDMI hotplug script/udev added for Mainline. Switching monitors no longer results in a necessary reboot. Nov. 22 2017 - Dev updated to 4.14 with Libretech patches Nov. 23 2017 - Next updated to 4.14.y with Libretech patches <- wait for nightly, not on download page Active download Dec. 18 2017 - Patch uploaded to fix Ethernet instability: commit Feb. 04 2018 - Ethernet LED's fixed in repo. commit July. 08 2018 - Next is kernel 4.17, HDMI audio fixed [bug] Dec. 20 2017 - Init 0 results in reboot [bug] July 8 2018 - Kernel 4.17 cpufreq throwing errors setting c…
-
Reputation Points
- 91 replies
- 81.2k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Introduction: I used Armbian Imager to flash Armbian 26.8.1 XFCE onto my Le Potato AML-S905X-CC-V1.0-A. Problem: On boot of the Le Potato, I could see the setup text via HDMI output on my monitor. But after setup was complete, the HDMI output would stop and my monitor would go to sleep. There was no longer HDMI output after initial boot. Solution: So I needed to SSH in over ethernet and run these commands to resolve this issue: echo "blacklist simpledrm" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-simpledrm.conf sudo update-initramfs -u sudo reboot This fixed my HDMI output issue and I can use my Le Potato b…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 379 views
-
-
Hi, A Firefox configuration file seems missing in Lepotato images derived from Debian because a failure message is raised after starting Firefox. A firefox.conf file should be placed in /etc/armbian . An issue has been raised in the geckodriver repository of github.com/mozilla giving more details: https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/issues/2167
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
https://libera.catirclogs.org/linux-amlogic/2023-11-18# It appears the bl30 blob is the only non free software file required for the le potato. What can you tell about the bl30 blob? Can it get reverse engineered? Where can you get the bl30 file? Thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
https://www.loverpi.com/collections/le-potato It says open-source support. Free software is software you may use, share, modify and redistribute. Can le potato run entirely on free software, such that there is no piece of non free software on the computer? If so are the armbian le potato images free software images? https://www.armbian.com/lepotato/ Thank you.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everibody, I have an Armbian 25.2.3 bookworm fresh installed and I have some problem with IP route. In my network there is an DHCP server that serve the IP address and route to the client. The server is _isc-dhcpd-4.1.1-P1_. In my network there are multiple OS like Debian 12, ArchLinux, MacOS and Windows, all the clients get the IP configurations via DHCP without problems. The issue is reported only on the Armbian client and it concerns the configuration of the IP route. In the Armbian device is not created the default route and there are two IP route that not be exist and are also wrong. In the DHCP server I have the configuration for serve the…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm trying to get Cinnamon to work with my Le Potato and have had no success. I don't know what data is needed to troubleshoot this so please let me know what info you need. Here are the details that I have. Le Potato AML-S905X-CC-V1.0-A I've tried two different methods to make this happen. Method 1 I tried installing this image: Armbian_24.8.1_Lepotato_bookworm_current_6.6.47_cinnamon-backported-mesa_desktop.img.xz Method 2 I tried installing this image: Armbian_24.8.1_Lepotato_noble_current_6.6.47_gnome-kisak_desktop.img.xz and then tried installing Cinnamon with apt. In both cases, wh…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 6.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I have been using the Le Potato for a while, and was able to save Armbian on an eMMC and boot from it. Then I tried putting another OS onto it but now it's no longer able to boot or recognize the eMMC module even when I go to Armbian settings. Please help me be able to use it again to continue tinkering around with it. Thanks very much!
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
So Le Potato (and Sweet potato) take about 10 seconds before reaching systemd. Is there a way to speed this up? I've tried putting boot_delay=0 as well as console=serial in armbianEnv.txt in hope of shortening the time in u-boot, but these didn't change anything. I've also tried building this image with no initramfs and no loadable module support.
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 5.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have flashed the last 23.8 bookworm lite image to my lepotato 1GB model, and it launched with 927 MB total memory. running apt update ; apt upgrade ; reboot it drops to 862M How can I reclaim the remaining memory? This is mostly a headless server i do not need any GPU. just basic hdmi output for troubleshooting purposes. before: Welcome to Armbian 23.8.1 Bookworm with Linux 6.1.50-current-meson64 System load: 8% Up time: 4 min Memory usage: 13% of 927M IP: CPU temp: 48°C Usage of /: 4% of 29G After: Welcome to Armbian 24.2.1 Bookworm with Linux 6.6.16-current-m…
-
Hi, the system seems working normally, but when installing with apt, I get plenty of errors of: dpkg: cannot write to log file '/var/log/dpkg.log': No space left on device Digging into /var/log reveals that the ./journal directory is responsible; with 48 Mb. Any idea how to prevent this? Currently, I just remove the directory below ./journal.
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 27.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I've tried shutdown -h now, poweroff, shutdown -h, all results in a reboot instead of shutdown. I've searched and haven't found a solution, just other people with the same problem. I'm running "Armbian_24.2.1_Lepotato_bookworm_current_6.6.16_cinnamon_desktop.img", has anyone found a solution to this problem? I tried raspbian on the le potato and that will shut down but gives me other issues when installing openhabian. Armbian just seems to work otherwise but I'd like a clean way to shutdown when needed so I don't risk corrupting my sd card.
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.2k views
-
-
I want to run some legacy program written in .NET on some of my arm SBCs. When I run it on the board natively connected to screen, I got same issues drecribed in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28674759/running-simple-winforms-application-on-mono-for-arm and https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/13049 I tested it does not work on LePotato and Orangepi3B, but works on Rock 5B so I think this is more general than specific board, but not affecting all boards. On the other hand, the program executes correctly when I run it through SSH with X forwarding. It also works with vendor provided image on Orangepi3B and Rock 4B. Some answer in the stack…
-
Hi all, I have been using armbian jammy on my potato without issues. But since the weekend it only boots to initramfs and says can't find mmcblk1p1 I put the sdcard a live gparted and partitions are and verified. In initramfs I can find in /dev the mmcblk0p1 but not the mmcblk1p1 Now how can I change the boot or the name of the device?
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.5k views
-
-
I've just installed Armbian Bookworm with the XFCE desktop on my Le Potato. Everything on the screen is larger than it should be so I checked the screen resolution in Settings->Display and it reports 1920x1080. However, when I go to screenresolutiontext.com it says I am at 960x540. What can I do to correct this? Thanks, Rich
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi all, I'm very new here, just got my first potato and am playing around with it. I noticed my top left USB port wasn't working at all, which googling led me to this thread here: It's a pretty old thread, but it seems to still be doing it, at least in the version of jammy I downloaded today. Not a dealbreaker for me, since I only really need 1 port, I can use one of the other 3 and it works fine, but thought maybe someone would want to know if you didn't already know. I DID confirm that it's not the board/port. If I put Ubuntu on it, I can see the drive just fine in blkid even when it's plugged into that pesky USB port.
-
Is there a way to force a composite output? I was able to get composite video in LibreELEC but I would rather use Armbian if possible. Any information would be helpful.
-
I just in installed Ubuntu 22.04 and planning to use the board as photo frame on cron job (script) during certain hours of the day. This is how I did on my raspberry pi(, that fried recently after about 7 years of service)! However, I can not turn off display. Commands I used on RPI do not work. Tried all kinds of various methods to turn off display - xset - vcgencmd - xscreensaver - tvservice - All of the above as my <username> as well as "sudo" All of them either don't do anything or blanks the screen but does not turn it off. For some of the above commands it complains regarding - VCHI initializ…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all. Performance from my testing of playing video via VLC of a 1080p click (encoded at 10mbps) was very bad, unusable basically. Does anyone have any tips for programs or configuration to get reliable 1080 video running, ideally without having to use something inside of xwindows ?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I want to use a StromPi3 board with my lepotato board. I am using the armbian image. I used armbian-config to enable the serial ports and both show up as /dev/TTYAML0 and /dev/ttyAML6. Nonetheless I am unable to communicate on the serial ports even when connecting jumpers and a USB serial converter. I later tried to modify the divorce tree by hand. No change. Is there something else I could try to get the serial port on pins 8 and 10 working?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
Hello, I've got a Le Potato, and a Tritium (I like the Tritium better, but I "feel" that Le Potato is a little bit quicker for longer). I've had them for about a week, I am a daily *nix user, and run several RBPi's around my home - 3D printers, Motion Cameras, Christmas Lights, and one is even a back up web server. My notebook runs Arch, my server runs Gentoo, and my workstation usually runs RebornOS or ZeroArch depending on my mood). When I started using these Libre Boards, I was happily impressed but using them as a desktop (my intention is/was to get my kids a 3D printer, and use these to do double duty as slicers, and basic desktops (I've got a…
-
Hello, I'll start by saying I'm new at those things. I have recently bought a "Le Potato" board. I was trying to install Lakka (via raccomanded link). When I plugged in the micro SD, the power, the HDMI out ecc, nothing happened other than two led turning on (red and blue). What could have gone wrong? Thanks in advance
-
I was trying to route my audio from HDMI to the 3.5mm stereo jack. Tried playing with various knobs on alsamixer (like what you could do on the Raspberry Pi), but couldn't get the audio to switch. Looking into the DTS, it seemed like there was consideration made for analog audio ( e.g. analog-amplifier). Was this ever working?
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 12k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I'm using the "Armbian 22.11.1 Lepotato jammy 5.19.17 xfce desktop" image which comes with lightdm windows manger and wayland xserver. I want to use https://github.com/debauchee/barrier but it does not support wayland, so I want to switch to xorg. So far I've tried installing xorg using apt and adding the following line to /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf xserver-command=Xorg but when I do sudo systemctl restart lightdm the display manager hangs forever with blank screen and blinking cursor.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Armbian keeps showing yellow/green/blue/green-blue screens instead of the login menu. It will show the Armbian booting screen and the terminal for a second then when it should show the user login, it doesn't. I have used it properly before, but after a restart it starts doing this.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello there! Are there any webcams that the Le Potato supports on Armbian? Thanks for the assistance!
-
I have a bunch of these boards and a few friends that would like to use them. I am having problems getting UART on the GPIO to work even using Libre Computers Wiring tool. Is there any info on getting Armbian Device Tree Overlay to work with the potato? I really need UART on the GPIO. CAN0 would be a very helpful creature comfort but if i cannot get UART to work properly i have extremely dwindling odds of getting CAN0 to function properly. Any info that can point me in the right direction is welcome.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi there, I have two Le Potatos, one for each of my boys. One of them has Raspbian OS on it and the other has Armbian. What we have found is that the one with Raspbian is able to run Scratch (https://scratch.mit.edu/), but the one that I have loaded with Armbian gives an error that says that WebGL is not working properly on Chromium. On Firefox I don't get an error, but Scratch doesn't work right. I purchased these on the same day, so as far as I know, the hardware should be the same. Is there a way to enable WebGL on Armbian so that my boys can use Scratch on this system? In case it helps: https://paste.armbian.com/wepugikade
-
Title says it all.... Installed the latest on download for Le Potato today and so far I've found 2 issues... 1. On first boot, text was cropped left and bottom, had to press enter a couple of times to get the prompt to show at least so I could make the right selections. 2. After it booted, jumped right on to Chromium and was super laggy. Installed Firefox as an alternative but it's still kinda laggy while loading page, but it works great after page loads. I would like to have Chromium instead though. PRO: My rtl8821CU which was not working on any distro of Le Potato is finally working. I'm guessing it's a Kernel issue? This has kernel …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am trying to use the s905x on the Le Potato board to encode a 1080p video to stream via RTSP. Using software, the video is encoded anywhere in between the 5-7fps range. I want to use the hardware encoder that is available on the chip but I haven't been able to find any libraries that let me use the hardware on this specific board. I have tried installing the Mali-450 GPU drivers here (https://wiki.debian.org/MaliGraphics) but no luck.
-
Just wanted to show off a bit of awesomeness! (Please excuse the dust)
-
Hi guys I'm new to this type of computer. I recently got the Le Potato and have tried flashing the armbian package for it with USBimager and Balena and still get no boot. I was able to use the Raspberry PI imager and got Raspbian installed. I'm not sure what exactly is going wrong. I am using a Sandisk Extreme V1 32g but was able to get raspbian on a Samsung Evo select 256g.
-
Lepotato with Armbian Jammy armbianmonitor -u is here: https://pastebin.com/UVbLxVH0 Trying to use I2c to drive a SSD1306 type oled screen. All wires have been tested for continuity and are good. Screen is connected as follows: Screen SDA -> Pin 27 Screen SCL -> Pin 28 Screen VCC -> Pin 4 Screen GND -> Pin 6 ive enabled i2c-a and i2c-b via armbian-config i2cdetect -y 0 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Been using the Lepotato with Armbian fine for a few weeks. Typically accessing via ssh over the network, suddenly after a reboot, it's not appearing on my network, solid red light, solid green light, and a blue heartbeat as well as the NIC light blinking as if network connection is functioning normally, but my network is not assigning an IP address and the potato isnt sending any packets. What might the problem be here? HDMI shows no output, using Armbian Jammy made for the tato.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Can OpenVFD be installed on the Armbian image for LePotato?
-
I have a Le Potato running raspbian bullseye. I'm having real trouble with remote access. I can ssh into the Le Potato but cannot get VNC to work. I have used VNC successfully on 5 Pi's over the years so do have experience. Any hints or links to help would be appreciated. I have looked at pi and potato forums to no avail. Thanks.
-
I've tried multiple time on different cards. Both images, give me the same result. At first I'm able to edit files then after a restart or two I'm no longer able to edit files. Can't even touch a new file as root. I have tried at least 10 times today with both images. Every time I end up in the same situation unable to edit the sd card.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
I've been trying to enable SPI on the board but have had no luck in this. I noticed that in the armbian-config there is no spi option. I have edited the armbianEnv.txt file to include orerlays = spi-spidev param_spidev_spi_bus = 0 I've tried changing the bus to 1 None of these actions have helped. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.5k views
-
-
It took me a day and a week to get it somewhat working but I have Retropie installed and would like to have Emulation Station auto start after login. The setting from within the Retropie Setup script does nothing. Typing "emulationstation" after login does indeed run the program but Id like a way to have it autostart once the Potato is powered on (like a Raspberry Pi 3).
-
I have been reading about webcams, etc. and Linux and am working with my LePotato running Ubuntu 22.04. I added the Arduino CSI-USB converter so I can plug in an RPiHQ cam into the USB port. I see the following in the log messages: pi@lepotato:~$ dmesg | grep Camera [ 4.431905] usb 1-1.2: Product: Arducam IMX477 HQ Camera [ 8.798501] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device Arducam IMX477 HQ Camera (0c45:636d) [ 8.806595] input: Arducam IMX477 HQ Camera: Arduc as /devices/platform/soc/d0078080.usb/c9000000.usb/xhci-hcd.2.auto/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:1.0/input/input3 But I have no idea how to test further. I've tried cheese: cheese …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am attempting to install the v4l2loopback module for my device (Le Potato running Armbian 22.02.1 Bullseye) and am running to some issues. I installed linux-headers-5.10.102-meson64 since that matches the kernel image installed: marc@lepotato:/usr/src$ dpkg -l |grep linux-image ii linux-image-current-meson64 22.02.1 arm64 Linux kernel, armbian version 5.10.102-meson64 current marc@lepotato:/usr/src$ dpkg -l |grep linux-headers ii linux-headers-current-meson64 22.02.1 arm64 Linux kernel headers for 5.10.102-meson64 on arm64 current But when I try and install the v4l…
-
Hi, I installed/compiled different browsers that are based on QT (QtWebKit, QtWebEngine). Unfortunately, special characters, often necessary for typing in non-English languages, do not work. E.g. a Spanish accented 'e appears as 00e9 This makes all these really fast browsers with low memory footprint useless for multilanguage writing (e.g. in webmailers). The characters work fine in the terminal and other browsers such as Midori, Firefox and Chromium. Thus, I think, something went wrong in the compilation of QT libraries. Any idea how to solve that?
-
Before I give it a try, has anyone already tried to write armbian to eMMC of the Le Potato ? If not, can you give me a hint where I shall read in order not to destroy the storage? * Thank you * it gets interesting from page 2 onwards
-
Reputation Points
- 127 replies
- 82.5k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Output of armbianmonitor -u: http://ix.io/2SDQ The latest released 21.02.3 Lepotato buster 5.10.21 with Xfce preinstalled is unable to start a desktop environment from a fresh image install. After booting up, the display goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor. Initial issue seems to be lightdm failing to start w@lepotato:~$ journalctl -u lightdm.service -- Logs begin at Sat 2021-03-13 05:51:27 UTC, end at Sat 2021-03-13 06:06:57 UTC. -- Mar 13 05:51:33 lepotato systemd[1]: Starting Light Display Manager... Mar 13 05:51:33 lepotato lightdm[2457]: Could not enumerate user data directory /var/lib/lightdm/data: Error open…
-
as described in: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/issues/2377 it's possible to use meson HW video codec now, but in the URL, not very clear, does any one know how to use it?
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 26.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a ToupTek MU300 USB2 camera that I was trying to get working with my LePotato. The camera does not have native kernel support, but the manufacturer provides an SDK with a pre-compiled lib for x86/arm, and additionally I have a kernel module which works on X86/X64 with this camera as well as userspace libusb based code to access the camera. The camera is very sensitive to having buffers available during bulk transfer, otherwise the image will be corrupted. Generally synchronous bulk transfer is not fast enough, and requires multiple buffers supplied in asynchronous mode. On x86-64 and Rpi3/4, everything works as expected. I can grab im…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I fixed the following issue for my own system for now, but wanted to let you know: After upgrading the LaFrite from Armbian Buster 20.08 to 20.11 using "apt upgrade" it didn't boot anymore. It showed a message "Ramdisk image is corrupt or invalid", so I checked /boot/uInitrd and it linked to uInitrd-5.9.6-meson64, which didn't exist. I fixed it by downloading the latest image and replacing everything in /boot except armbianEnv.txt with what was inside the image. Afterwards it booted again. I replaced everything, because the image apperently still is on linux 5.9.6, while vmlinuz and other files on my system showed 5.9.10. …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 7.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I have two Le Potato boards (http://ix.io/2ykP http://ix.io/2ykN), I installed Armbian Focal on them. One of the board has defective HDMI (board from Kickstarter?), it has no HDMI output. Other board was ordered from Amazon, a year later. It has HDMI output but colors are not right (white is green, black is purple, etc, HDMI image is not nice but it is usable; it is interesting that when I use HDMI to VGA adapter, colors are right; when board runs in low resolution, colors are right on HDMI too. But when resolution is high, 1950x1200, then HDMI colors are wrong - I swapped HDMI cable without any effect - is this known video driver issue??). So because only one…
-
Hi, i use a AML-S905X-CC board and since the last kernel update, something start moving on the hardware acceleration side, i got mpv hwdec working. I would like to make some tests and start using kodi for media reproduction, but i'm scared that 256M of default cma memory is not enough. I have tried to set the cma memory size from kernel parameters using armbian-config. I have tried to add "cma=350M" and "extraargs=cma=350M" to boot environment. Both commands does not work. The strange thing is that i'm sure "extraargs=cma=350M" pass the command to the kernel parameters because i have already used it to disable a faulty composition output. I h…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 16.5k views
-
-
Hi, after the installation of the new kernel version (5.6.15-meson64) on my board (Le Potato), the display have ~1cm offset on the top of the monitor and ~1cm of non-visible element on the bottom. It is basically moved down by ~1cm from the center. I have already had this problem, but it "self solved" by updating the kernel, so i have no hint to solve the problem, only that it is very likely caused by something in the kernel. For the display i use an HDMI connector. I have attached the armbianmonitor log, if some more info are needed, you have only to ask. Thanks in advance for the time and dedicated effort. Have a good day! Edit: Wow,…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.5k views
-
-
If I do i2cdetect -y 0 I don't see the device id I expect to 0x10 but I do see 0x30 and 0x50 which I shouldn't because there should only be one device at 0x10. I only see one i2c bus at /dev/i2c-0. Is that the i2c bus using header pins 3 and 5 which is where my device is attached? If not how would I enable the bus on pins 3 and 5?
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 10.6k views
-
-
I am running Armbian 5.38 LePotato Debian Stretch next 4.14.14 and noticing some weird activities going on. When checking the syslog it was full of this stuff: Feb 23 06:25:29 localhost systemd[1]: Stopped Serial Getty on ttyS0. Feb 23 06:25:29 localhost systemd[1]: Started Serial Getty on ttyS0. Feb 23 06:25:39 localhost systemd[1]: serial-getty@ttyS0.service: Service hold-o ff time over, scheduling restart. Feb 23 06:25:39 localhost systemd[1]: Stopped Serial Getty on ttyS0. Feb 23 06:25:39 localhost systemd[1]: Started Serial Getty on ttyS0. Feb 23 06:25:50 localhost systemd[1]: serial-getty@ttyS0.service: Service hold-o ff time over, sch…
-
Reputation Points
- 20 replies
- 19.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I am having hard time installing hwclock 4PCS DS3231 on S905X-CC board. Can anyone please help?
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, first of all, thanks for all the good work on supporting all these single board computer. There no exist other disto that can do it. Indeed, this is the only general purpouse linux distro that officially support Le Potato. I would like to ask some help to solve these problems that i have encountered using my board. I have searched on the forum and i have not found any post on these problems. Sorry to be vague in the title, but all these bug appeared after the kernel update, so they may be caused by the same problem. I use a Libre Computer Le Potato inside a Sunfounder Raspad kit. The system is an Armbian Stable with apt linked to Debian Sid re…
-
Reputation Points
- 18 replies
- 13.8k views
-
-
Just built some fresh le potato images from master. Error message is Wrong Ramdisk image format. Console dump here: http://ix.io/2c0y I think it's related to stuff going on here, but not sure how to troubleshoot yet https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/sources/families/include/meson64_common.inc#L34
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, Does Le Potato accelerate Kodi? I don't see 'multimedia' image, does it standard image with vanila kernel? Thanks Radius
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 8.9k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hello Le Potato hackers, I have a small favor to ask of you: I just wrote a Howto cross-compile mainline u-boot for your "Le Potato" (actually it's supposed to be for the La Frite when this starts shipping, but right now it's for the Le Potato) Here: http://wiki.loverpi.com/faq:sbc:libre-aml-s805x-howto-compile-u-boot Since I don't have a Le Potato I cannot verify that my HOWTO really produces a working u-boot, so I would be very grateful if any one of you could spend around 20 minutes of their (very valuable, without any doubt) time to follow the step-by-step instructions and check it out? What you need: An x86_64 PC/Laptop…
-
Good Morning, I would like to Power ON or Wake the Board by IR Remote. However I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to enable the IR wake or what the code is for wake etc. Can you please point me in the right direction? From: https://loverpi.com/blogs/news/first-look-at-libre-computer-board-aml-s905x-cc-le-potato-hardware-overview it states: IR Shutdown works but then I cannot wake the board by IR. Thank you for any help and for all the time the developers donate to this. Much appreciated.
-
Reputation Points
- 18 replies
- 13.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I use mali kernel drivers from Neil https://github.com/superna9999/meson_gx_mali_450/tree/DX910-SW-99002-r9p0-01rel0_meson_gx All works just fine with 4.19 but it don't work with 4.20 it looks like there is some problem with memory allocation in this https://github.com/superna9999/meson_gx_mali_450/commit/2c9bd8ae57c0648045f7eaa48c120ec78db85d10#diff-2c0ef6f7db02daf8ed563376e846b873R312 Any idea?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I think it would make sense to rename the forum section here from "Amlogic S905(x)" to "Amlogic". It would make much more sense for me to talk here for example about the Armbian port of the Odroid C0/C1/C1+ (Amlogic S805) then in any other forum section.
-
I updated my Le potato to the new testing 4.18 kernel. everything works greats expect the no sound. The Alsa soujnd device is not visible . It shows a dummy output for sound device in the sound manager. I reinstalled the stable kernel and sound returned. Anyway to fix this under the new kernel? thanks,. John
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was curious if anyone had worked on power management for the S905X. My Le Potato was idling around 0.32A@5.1V = ~1.5W The LibreElec guys documented idle current ~2/3 of that here so I was curious what was going on. Of course I am running a 4.18 armbian kernel (I assume they were using a 3.14 kernel for their tests) so I was never going to match their numbers precisely, but 33% more power seemed like an awful lot. Then I realized I had a USB thumb-drive installed, so I did some experimentation... My numbers were generated using an inline USB power meter that measures pretty accurately compared to a bench meter. My initial findings: …
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 9.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Using kernel 4.14.65, I get a usb-driver crash when accessing the top left port (topmost, nearest the ethernet port) of the Le potato. Plugging any device into this port results in the following kernel message and prevents the use of usb until reboot. There is no kernel stacktrace. As long as I don't plug anything into that port, the other 3 ports on the board work fine. [ 292.242434] usb 1-2: new full-speed USB device number 7 using xhci-hcd [ 302.562341] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: xHCI host not responding to stop endpoint command. [ 302.583217] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: Host halt failed, -110 [ 302.583231] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: xHCI host controller not …
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
So, I've been struggling to figure out the reason behind this problem. I have 4 Le Potatoes, all connected to a 100 mbps switch. Each of them have a 32 GB Samsung SD Card EVO. Initially, the problem was that my SSH session would hang at random usually when I download something. I can't SSH again unless I reboot the PI (I didn't bother waiting longer than 5min) Initially, I thought SD Cards were bad, I moved them around, done reinstalls. I'm also using SD Formatter to format them and Etcher to install them. Still, this freezing problem had no consistent behavior according to PI hardware or the SD cards.. For Power, I'm u…
-
Reputation Points
- 72 replies
- 33.9k views
- 3 followers
-
-
-
I have been trying to get more than one Le Potato to work in my network I have one 1G RAM version and two 2G RAM versions. If they are running the same OS when booted up they will either hang hard or the other will just not show up in network config. Or sometimes just putting one on the network crashes the other. I have tried to use both https://dl.armbian.com/lepotato/archive/Armbian_5.42_Lepotato_Debian_stretch_default_4.14.32.7z http://share.loverpi.com/board/libre-computer-project/libre-computer-board-aml-s905x-cc/image/ubuntu/ubuntu-1804-headless.zip Currently the only way I can get more than 1 device online is to use a different Linux flavour each ti…
-
I got the Le Potato Ubuntu server image up and running. Then installed the Mate desktop environment. Most everything is working fine, but the system freezes hard at times, mostly when I try to run several large programs concurrently. Problem with memory? Also, some resolutions have the refresh rate set at 68.5 Hz that don't work on most of my monitors. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the work you guys put into it, and I look forward to the continuing progress!
-
Reputation Points
- 59 replies
- 25.1k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hello, I'm new to this world of SBC. I'm trying to learn as much as possible, and I realize maybe I should have started with a better documented board like the rPI. I guess I just like learning the hard way. I'm trying to use the GPIO pins on the board. Starting with baby steps, I'm looking to just simply turn on/off an LED via GPIO. I've been searching and poking around the /sys filesystem to try to understand how this works, but I'm having a hard time understanding which pins to expose via the export file, and what physical pins those map to. I see /sys/class/gpio/ has two chips, 0 and 10. I see gpiochip0 has 10 pins, and gpiochip10 has 101. Is t…
-
Hello All, Le Potato aml-s905x-cc 1gb found some useful items for this neat piece of hardware: ADAFRUIT INDUSTRIES 954 USB-TO-TTL SERIAL CABLE, RASPBERRY PI (1 piece) (excellent cable for console access) comes with 4 wires (Black - GND, White - TX, Green - RX, Red - Power), using the power adapter, leave the red connector off Use a terminal program (PuTTY, etc) and set the baud at 115,200, 8 data bits, 1 stop bits, and no parity, no flow control Need good wireless adapter which works: MK electronics 150 Mbps USB Wi-Fi Adapter Network Wlan Adapter Stick Windows Mac Linux Desktop PC Notebooks 150 MB…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am trying to use Le Potato OTG port in a device mode (connected it to the host through powered USB hub). DWC2, which I am used to from RPi Zero is missing, but I guess it's because there is a DWC3. However, if I just modprobe gadget driver, let's say g_ether, nothing happens - no new interface in ifconfig, no detection on the host. Should I somehow reconfigure DWC3 to operate OTG in a peripheral mode? # lsusb -tv /: Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/0p, 5000M /: Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/2p, 480M |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M |…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I bought a le Potato and an emmc module. The module fits fine on my odroid. The le Potato has the same connector gender as the emmc module however and cannot be connected. Do emmc modules come sometimes with male and sometimes female connectors?
-
I just got one so I have modified my version of htop for the Raspberry Pi to work on the AML-S905X-CC (Le Potato) that shows cpu temp and current frequency in case anyone is interested. Here's the GitHub : https://github.com/leeadama/htop/tree/lepotato See the Readme for Build Instructions. Once you have it built and installed, you add the temp and frequency display like any other meter. I.E. press F2, arrow all the way to the right and choose Temperature Sensors, press Enter to add it and Enter to confirm. Then just repeat the process for the FreqMeter. Tested on Ubuntu Desktop - Mainline Kernel Linux lepo…
-
I have recently acquired a AML-S905X-CC. (Le Potato) Single Board Computer. The manufactures website (https://libre.computer) does not find any documentation (at least, I cannot find it) Their website refers to the LoveRPi Forum and this forum. It is impossible to sign up to the LoveRPi Forum due the confirmation email not being sent. This might not be the appropriated place to ask this question, but since this appears to be the only place where I can ask, I'll ask it anyway here. If I am to power up the board, I would like to know something about the connections. I would like to know how to connect the UART for a serial console to boot the board u…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 19.6k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hello All, Have a question, I see there is an option to use eMMC with the Le Potato aml-s905x-cc 1gb (which I got running yesterday), but what eMMC modules actually work with this board (I'm using a MicroSD card on my board at the moment)? Perhaps there should be a thread for Le Potato Hardware Options (just a thought)
-
Are there any plans of adding webcam drivers to the kernel modules for Le Potato? Specifically, I'm looking to use a uvc video webcam, but can't figure out how to compile it myself.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, i've tried the actually armlogic Image for my six le potatos. (https://dl.armbian.com/lepotato/Ubuntu_xenial_next_desktop.7z) In the first step it looks ok. But then i found you, that there is missing a xfs Module. I need this for a ceph test deployment. After some research i found out, that you can compile you own kernel with this description: https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/ I tried it and copy the kernel to the le potatos. But then a lot of strange things happens. Some of them where starting, some not, and when they started after some time the whole system brokes (looks lik…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Le Potato is the first board from Libre.computer: https://libre.computer/products/boards/aml-s905x-cc/ Basic information is on the link above, here's the TL;DR: Raspberry Pi 2 form factor clone, with 64-bit quad-core Amlogic S905X 1 or 2 GB RAM eMMC and SD support HDMI 2.0 for 4k support 100 Mb Fast Ethernet Extra headers for I2S, UART, etc (nice feature I think) IR receiver Advertised to have low power consumption Powered via micro-USB based on: Amlogic P212 reference board Use Case: Media Player (retro gaming?) I've been using a board now for a few weeks, I ha…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 11.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear all, first, as being new here: Many thanks to all the work that went into this! Now, here's my problem on Le Potato, which I have with armbian and LibreELEC: As soon as I copy anything large to any media, some services (SSH, Samba, Kodi, tvheadend - all of them network dependent) crash after writing something between 200 and 700 MB - not always at the same point. So anything like cp /some/huge/file /home/me crashes the services. Something like this: cp /some/huge/file /dev/null is no problem. I tried writing to SD as well as to USB, and I tried via network (scp from another machine into Le Potato…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 6.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I do an apt-get upgrade and seems to lock up at Get:30 http://ports.ubuntu.com xenial-security/main arm64 g++-5 arm64 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.9 [5,178 kB] 25% [30 g++-5 172 kB/5,178 kB 3%] 3,792 kB/s 26s everytime.. I used this image. Armbian_5.34_Lepotato_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.13.8
-
Sorry if I ask, but I can't seem to find an actual definitive answer anywhere about this. Is there at the moment or will be in the future a way to have an hardware accelerated MATE desktop using armbian on le potato? And if there is/will be, what limitations does/would it have? (opengl/window compositing/video decoding/video encoding...) Thanks in advance
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
EDIT: Please don't trust in the numbers appearing at the top of this thread. Obviously there were bootloader/firmware issues that needed to be resolved and afterwards Potato performance will be somewhat higher. Since I didn't find numbers may I ask owners of the device ( @Igor, @TonyMac32 ?) to run 4 quick benchmarks? Two times openssl, 7-zip and tinymembench. Please comment also which clockspeeds and which distro you used (Xenial preferred). Thanks!
-
Today we got working UART A, so I decided to wire up a cheap DCF77 receiver to it. On a first test I got spammed with libre-computer-board ntpd[1518]: parse: convert_rawdcf: start bit / parity check FAILED for "###############RADMLS1248124P124812P1248121241248112481248P??" This was solved with the following kernel patch: diff -Nru libretech-linux.old/drivers/tty/serial/meson_uart.c libretech-linux/drivers/tty/serial/meson_uart.c --- libretech-linux.old/drivers/tty/serial/meson_uart.c 2017-10-24 19:49:30.776000382 +0200 +++ libretech-linux/drivers/tty/serial/meson_uart.c 2017-10-24 19:52:39.660000472 +0200 @@ -362,7 +362,7 @@ writel(val, port->membase + A…
-
I'm not showing any network devices from ifconfig - just the loop back. The network lights are on, but not seeing anything in the /etc/network folders. What magic am I missing?