Allwinner sunxi
Community maintained Allwinner SoC based boards
5284 topics in this forum
-
i'm just insert usbflash, rightclick mouse on icon usb flash and select "Mount" hardware: Orange PI PC v1.2 image: Armbian_5.05_Orangepih3_Debian_jessie_3.4.110_desktop
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.8k views
-
-
I have downloaded http://mirror.igorpecovnik.com/test/Armbian_5.00_Bananapi_Debian_jessie_4.4.0-rc5.zip and tried OTG, as I though that it´s support was added in kernel 4.3, but it is not wokring. Is there a way to enable it? I am missing this feature, yet I do not want to go back to legacy kernel. I tried various usb peripherals and hubs, but OTG port is not powered. Thank you.
-
Hello, I was tweaking the dvfs table on my OrangePI PC to find the maximum efficiency sweet spot. I noticed that no way I change the dvfs table, the maximum frequency is always 1296 Mhz. This is the very simple dvfs table I'm using now: [dvfs_table] pmuic_type = 2 extremity_freq = 1200000000 max_freq = 1200000000 min_freq = 480000000 LV_count = 2 LV1_freq = 1200000000 LV1_volt = 1240 LV2_freq = 480000000 LV2_volt = 980 but this is the result of an excerpt cpufreq-info command for cpu0: driver: cpufreq-sunxi CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0 1 2 3 CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 0 1 2 3 maximum transition…
-
Is there any way I can make use of the VDPAU implementation for A20 with the mainline kernel? Or will I have to use the old 3.4 kernel? Thanks Paul
-
First of all, thanks for great Armbian, works great... When will be a release; Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial) for BPIM1+ ?
-
hi there, just created the account to report what i experienced with my r1. unfortunately i had a bunch of changes w/o reboot so i only can estimate what caused the gap but im pretty sure it was at least the fact that i changed to the /etc/network/interfaces.r1router cfg before i rebooted from do-release-upgrade to xenial (install image has been the recent trusty of today). that was when i couldnt even ping my banana from any other box in my home net. have to say im with the german telekom which provides ipv6 in a dual stack manor. i saw on the pi console that it got the exspected ipv4, but also ipv6 addresses by telekom speedport dhcp. nevertheless from my other box it l…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear all, After having problems with the 5.04 armbian and kernel 4.4.3 I went ober to build my own image. Prepared an ubuntu 14.04 and built jessie image, xenial image, with the 3.x and 4.x kernel. After its not working I tried an ubuntu 16.04 system and built again all images. No single image will boot... No errors while the build process (default settings). Please find the boot messages in the image file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kpddhdkh5czw91/image1.JPG?dl=0 Any idea, what the problem could be? Thanks, bb
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
Hi, I am using Armbian_jessie_4.5 with kernel 4.3.x on a Banana pi. When entering any systemctl related command, I get the following error: Failed to get D-Bus connection: Unknown error -1 Any idea on what the problem might be? It's a fresh install.
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 14.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
HowTo rotate screen(dispaly) 90 degrees on Armbian on OrangqPi PC?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 5.2k views
-
-
My Cubie crashed after 3-4 weeks and I installed Watchdog using the file change method. During my tests it works fine several times. But again after 3-4 weeks my Cubie was totally unavailable via SSH & console. Title: Armbian 4.81 Cubietruck Debian jessie dev (unofficial) Kernel: Linux 2016.01-rc3 Build date: 28.12.2015 Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/root 917G 4.3G 867G 1% / devtmpfs 944M 0 944M 0% /dev tmpfs 944M 0 944M 0% /dev/shm tmpfs 944M 17M 927M 2% /run tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock tmpfs 944M 0 944M 0%…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am a newbie here and newbie in Orange Pi One. Previously I have used Raspberry Pi in my daily projects. I burn Armbian 5.05 to my class 10 SD Card and after install the SD Card to the board. My Orange Pi One is booting properly but after automatic restart, my board doesn't continue to boot but the red LED is ON. I have tried to wait for 10 minutes but nothing work. This is my first booting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RA68P_WZJY .
-
I have just received cheap WiFi dongle (paid $1.6 in Aliexpress). I don't know yet if I will solder it directly to Orange Pi One extra USB exposed solder points. Currently I want to share how to disassemble this dongle without damaging anything. Watch my short tutorial video: Using this module without the case significantly improves WiFi signal quality and range. Finally it would be possible to solder external antenna socket. Some photos:
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 28.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi! Cubieboard a20 on boot for new armbian`s dont blink led`s I dont know sucessful load or not! On Cubieboard a10 one led blinking!
-
Has anybody got this working with mainline kernel? When I do: brcm_patchram_plus -d --patchram bcm20710a1.hcd --enable_hci --bd_addr 11:22:33:44:55:66 --no2bytes --tosleep 1000 /dev/ttyS1 I get this: option patchram with arg bcm20710a1.hcd option enable_hci option bd_addr with arg 11:22:33:44:55:66 option no2bytes option tosleep with arg 1000 /dev/ttyS1 Previous discipline = 0 Done setting line discpline Current discipline = 0 Waiting CTS... And there it stops. No dev hci0 created. I woulb be thankful for any hints that point me in the right direction. Paul
-
Is there a way to compile MAME for the OPI PC? Many thanks in advance!
-
Hello. please tell me, I can find somewhere kernel modules for Armbian legacy trusty? interested ntfs and ufs modules. or teach how to build their own on my device. Wbr, Dmitry.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello I have a problem with the configuration of the PMU and the temperature . All information that I have found so far for the kernel 3.4 . However, I use 4.4.3 . I am using SSH Login me in the Cubietruck then be at the beginning all temperatures displayed correctly .where I find this script ? thanks for your help
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello there, I belong to the group of users that bought a BPi-M2 to just find out that hardware is nothing without software support. First, to my background: I do spend a lot of time at my computer using both Windows and Linux, but I am not a Linux guru. I used to configure and build kernels several years ago, at the time, when we used LILO to boot Linux. My field of interest is real-time sound processing, based on complex filter banks (ideally implemented using multi-threading). For a current project I needed something small, powerful and easily programmable. Since the BPi-M2 has 4 cores and built-in microphone, it seemed ideal for the first tries. Anyway, I…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 9.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I am using A20 Micro Olinuxino card. I have problems with legacy built (Ubuntu 3.4.110). I also tried the other built Vanilla (Ubuntu 4.4.1). The second one is successfully booted. However the first one, although I have tried several SD cards, did not continue after loading the kernel. The monitor shows a noisy image and stop working. I couldn't connect to it with SSH either. So the problem is not only with the HDMI connection or Xorg. Somehow kernel stops booting. The reason I want to use the older kernel is because it has NAND Flash support and video HW acceleration support (as stated in armbian.com). Please point me to right direction. Regards.
-
Hello. from Bulgaria. I want to ask you, do you know if there is newer version of nodejs tnah 0.10.29, because this version don't have child_process.spawn that can directly pipe both input and output from some process. Thank you in advance!
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 17.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
After i've upgraded to 5.00, and upgraded the legacy kernel to vanilla (mostly for hardware crypto), i've noticed strange errors: blocky video play from dlna, and from samba too. So i did some test, copied few files on my cubieboard2, and compared the sha hashes of both version, and sometimes the cb2 version is changed, sometimes not. Also i see that a lot of synced files became different on cb2. Is there a way to do some in memory tests to verify how the hw crpyto works? For example random numbers -> hw encrypt -> decrypt -> check if still the same. These test i've made: -as i'm using the encrypted HDD as a backup storage too, i've compared the sour…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 5.9k views
-
-
Just saw this mentioned on Orange Pi forum and had not heard of it, from name nanopi m1 I assumed it was a version of Banana Pi but on looking this and other boards are made by Friendlyarm. Wonder if armbian will get ported over ? Shame these companies don't cover armbians cost to do so . http://www.friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=69&product_id=109 Also other SOC boards they make, all good for customer and more Single board computer competition. http://www.friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=69
-
if use: mpv --vo=vdpau --hwdec=vdpau --hwdec-codecs=all --fs --loop=yes /media/usb/*.mp4 hardware decoding work if use mplayer mplayer -stop-xscreensaver -ontop -quiet -fs -vo vdpau -vc ffmpeg12vdpau,ffh264vdpau, -loop 0 /media/usb/*.mp4 hardware decoding not work Howto use mplayer with hardware decoding videoplaying on Orange PI PC v1.2?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 8.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Greetings all! I'm working to get my BananaPro (LeMaker board) up and running with Armbian 5 (Armbian_5.04_Bananapipro_Debian_jessie_4.4.3.raw) just downloaded to a fresh SD card. The radio is discovered and appears to be at least tolerated by the drivers. I've modified and recompiled as directed, the boot.cmd as such to point to the bananapro.dtb file directly: setenv bootargs "console=tty1 root=/dev/sda1 rootwait rootfstype=ext4 sunxi_ve_mem_reserve=0 sunxi_g2d_mem_reserve=0 sunxi_no_mali_mem_reserve sunxi_fb_mem_reserve=16 hdmi.audio=EDID:0 disp.screen0_output_mode=1920x1080p60 panic=10 consoleblank=0 enforcing=0 loglevel=1" #-----------------------------…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all guys, I tested my orange pi one and it is free from the overvoltage "defect" related to the CPU voltage regulator. The multimeter reports the expected 1.1 and 1.3 voltages. I decided to do some tests to find the highest frequency it can run stable at its lowest voltage of 1.1 volts. I found something odd. This is the dvfs table I'm using now: [dvfs_table] pmuic_type = 1 pmu_gpio0 = port:PL06<1><1><2><1> pmu_level0 = 1100 pmu_level1 = 1100 extremity_freq = 1200000000 max_freq = 1200000000 min_freq = 648000000 LV_count = 2 LV1_freq = 1200000000 LV1_volt = 1100 LV2_freq = 648000000 LV2_volt = 1100 If you're skilled with script.fe…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 8.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
has anyone managed to get one of these boards to function, I'm obviously missing something...
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Hello I have a BPi-R1 with Igor's 3.2 image (http://www.igorpecovnik.com/2014/09/07/banana-pi-debian-sd-image/) that runs as a router (with pppoe) and nginx/php5/mysql config for my wife's blog and also with ez-ipupdate for dynamic dns I have a nasty issue... once every 2 or 3 days, my board freezes for no aparent reason It does this even if root is on SD card (only sd card connected) or HDD (I have a modified mSATA adapter to get power from 3,3V SATA power connector... I removed the 3,3V regulator and added a thick wire from the 3,3V provided by the board through the SATA connector) Also I moved from this configuration: to this fan gpio controlled (witch was ver…
-
Reputation Points
- 39 replies
- 21.7k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I have a variety of boards - an OrangePiPlus, a hummingboard, a RaspberryPi, a RaspberryPi2 that I can test - as well as a bunch of other boards that are not supported. I am an embedded linux developer so I have reasonable competence with building kernels, writing drivers, scripting .... I would be interested in helping with testing and fixing things atleast with those boards that I have available to me. But I could use some clues. Is there a developers guide to Armbian ? Something that lays out how the build process works ? Or does one just jump in ? As an example it does not appear that install-nand-state is working for either the legacy or vanila…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.8k views
-
-
Hello all, I've been struggling to build Armbian for the Orange Pi Pc all day today, it worked fine yesterday then today nothing. I've just been looking through the repo at github and it appears that all of the patches for building sun8i-h3.dtsi etc have been moved to linux-dev does this mean that from now on we need to build the dev kernel not the next kernel for H3 devices?
-
Reputation Points
- 30 replies
- 12k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Friends, I need analog audio out working from CLI and not hdmi audio. Anyone knows any patches for LTS or mainline kernel for Orange PI PC. I need them for mainline kernel or LTS only and not legacy. I mean does CLI audio work in mainline or LTS? Please do let me know Thanking you
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, using newest Legacy Image Armbian_5.04_Cubietruck_Debian_jessie_3.4.110 there is still a wifi problem while booting. Correct? For more than one minute the boot process hangs showing following error message: "A Start Job is running for LSB: Raise network interfaces" After one minute the boot process continues. The wlan0 connection gets somehow established. But it is slowly und not really stable. root@cubietruck:~$ cat /etc/network/interfaces auto eth0 iface eth0 inet dhcp auto wlan0 iface wlan0 inet dhcp wpa-ssid My-SSID wpa-psk My-Password auto lo iface lo inet loopback root@cubietruck:~$ lsmod Module Size Us…
-
Hi, Was anyone able to use the watchdog in the Lamobo/banana pi r1? If not is anyone using some hardware that resets it/an hardware watchdog?
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi all . the illustlation is sd card's role is booting only . detail is http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/977-usrlibnand-sata-installnand-sata-installsh/
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello Still I could not resolve network problems with orange pi plus. My configuration: Orange pi plus with heatsink, (image Armbian_5.05_Orangepiplus_Debian_jessie_3.4.110), external USB drive(partition ext4). Main problem - when copying large file into samba share network hangs on orangepi board. CPU temperature not exceed 50C when copying. Leds blinking near ethernet cable but ping from cli works only on local ip. Same situation with other orange pi images (debian, lubuntu and ect...) Please help
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 7.9k views
-
-
Is it possible to return to the old standart motd on armbian jessie sounds like a joke but im an minimal user and when it is possible how can i do this thank you
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.2k views
-
-
Hi, I installed 'Armbian_5.00_Bananapim2_Ubuntu_trusty_4.4.1_desktop' image recently, because I had some problems with sinovoip images (strange hugh? ). One of the problems was the gigabit ethernet slowness, but it seems with the armbian OS is still the same. I get around 30Mbit/sec only on iperf tests. I have tested my network connections & router and I can get much more speed through other computers, but the banana shows this slow mark. The gigabit ethernet connection was one of the reasons tu buy the banana, but I don't know if I am doing something wrong, if I have a bad unit, etc... I have found some internet benchmarks but all of them are based on the…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
My build process stoped with [ o.k. ] Install locales [ en_US.UTF-8 ] chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory [ error ] Installation of package failed I take a look at 'debootstrap.sh' Aller 'Install locales' come at line 146, The command is at line 147 is : LC_ALL=C LANGUAGE=C LANG=C chroot $DEST/cache/sdcard /bin/bash -c "apt-get -y -qq install locales" while .... there is another similar 'chroot $DEST/cache/sdcard /bin/bash' command…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 7.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All, I have R1 issue again. After lot of experiments and tuning, I decided try to use R1 for real routing :-) It means dual WAN, lot of VLANs, thousands connections, traffic shaping etc. Everything worked well, until yesterday. As whole Europe has real summer these days, working temperature of my R1 is around 30 celsius. I experienced strange issues when traffic is very high. This happen approx. twice a day. System was not restarted, but PPPOE goes down, kernel reinitialize some hardware and everything continues well. Outage is several seconds only. I have to say, that I'm using OpenWrt for this application, but the system is well patched and worked without prob…
-
Reputation Points
- 24 replies
- 10.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all Some time System load: 1.44 or System load: 2.13 Board banana pi pro ARMBIAN Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.4.6 /etc/init.d# grep sleep * acpid: sleep 1 alsa-utils: sleep 1 armhwinfo: ifconfig | grep -q eth0 || (ifconfig eth0 up ; sleep 2) armhwinfo: (sleep ${BlinkTime} && echo default-on >/sys/class/leds/green_led/trigger) & bluetooth: sleep 1 bootlogs: sleep 1 brcm40183-patch: /usr/bin/timeout 60s /usr/local/bin/brcm_patchram_plus -d --patchram /lib/firmware/ap6210/bcm20710a1.hcd --enable_hci --no2bytes --tosleep 1000 $MAC_OPTIONS /dev/$PORT > /tmp/brcm40…
-
hi all, i need add extra ethernet card for my cubietruck A20 I have lindy based on Manufacturer: ASIX Elec. Corp I have read this topic but i did not understand all. in my cubie when attach the card in dmesg have : [ 722.103004] usb 4-1: new high-speed USB device number 6 using sw-ehci [ 782.958675] ehci_irq: port change detect lsusb Bus 004 Device 007: ID 0b95:1790 ASIX Electronics Corp. in another pc with when attach the card [21892.375550] usb 3-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=0b95, idProduct=1790 [21892.375557] usb 3-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3 [21892.375560] usb 3-1.2: Product: AX88179 [21892.375563] usb 3-1.2: Ma…
-
Hi all, I download and upgrade the new armbian, and i dont know why, but my web service on Nginx, dosnt work the json... This problem can be for the kernel upgrade? or only is the Muyphy's law? Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
Good day all. Anyone having issues of not able to see anything after "Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel." via serial console on Lamobo R1 ? Tried to experiment a bit, it seems that U-Boot works correctly, but in Linux kernel, sent data from USB-serial to ttyS0 arriving correctly, but anything written to ttyS0 is not visible on connected USB-serial adapter.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.5k views
-
-
Dear Igor, first of all: Thank you very much for the work on armbian! My problem now is: I installed armbian on my cubieboard 2 (on 16 GB SD card) and first everthing went fine. I did all the management via putty and ssh but since a couple of days I can't ssh anymore. That means, ssh login with username and password is succesful, but I do not get any command line. Besides I get a couple of other problems: One is, when I boot up, I takes about 10 min, since problems with "LSB", this means: It takes about 5 minutes withe the message: "a start job is running for LSB: raise network interfaces" Similiar problems occur during shutting down the system (…
-
I downloaded "Armbian_5.04_Bananapipro_Ubuntu_trusty_3.4.110_desktop.zip" but after installing I found that it has two basic issues >> (1) Mounting of USB sticks .. (2) No preinstalled classical Network manager .. so I wonder how to connect USB EVDO type modems in absence of network manager ? P.S :- target Board is Banana pi.
-
Hi! Is PMP support build-in in newer armbian images? I installed ARMBIAN Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.4.3-sunxi on my banana pi. Or is a recompile still needed? With the default image i can see a dmesg "error ahci-sunxi 1c18000.sata: controller can't do PMP, turning off CAP_PMP". If recompile is needed can someone please post a link where to find step-by-step instructions how to recompile armbian with PMP support? Is the guide on htpcguides.com still correct? Thank you
-
where did tunl0 come from ? is it there by default or .... may be I must dig in my history ? root@orangepione:/etc/network $ ifconfig -a eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 6a:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (** edited) inet addr:192.168.100.3 Bcast:192.168.100.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 inet6 addr: fe80::68f2:91ff:fef0:4579/64 Scope:Link UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:35677 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:22173 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 RX bytes:3139622 (2.9 MiB) TX bytes:13744564 (13.1 MiB) Interrupt:114 lo …
-
Where can I check out the linux kernel source code for Debian Wheezy 4.4.3 (/usr/src/linux, nothing more nothing less). The reason is that I had a Gentoo system running on Cubieboard 20 with an outdated kernel, and my attempt to build a new kernel was unsuccessful. But copying kernel and modules from Debian Wheezy 4.4.3 was really successful. And I have completely rebuilt the whole Gentoo userland using the Debian Wheezy 4.4.3 kernel. Now I want to re-generate a new 4.4.3 (or newer) kernel using Gentoo genkernel command. For that I only need linux source code. I suspect that the source codes from kernel.org need special patches.
-
On a new installation cant access over SSH. Same on latest Armbian 5.04 Jassie and Wheezy. If I change the parameter UsePAM to no (in /etc/ssh/sshd_config), I can login via SSH. EDIT I fount the problem is with first run scripts. On legacy it looks ok, but on vanilla these scripts are destroying SSH.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've tried both Armbian_5.00_Orangepi_Debian_jessie_4.4.1 and Armbian_5.00_Orangepi_Ubuntu_trusty_4.4.1_desktop (needs the Option "HWCursor" "off" in /etc/X11/xorg.conf). On both, after some minutes (hours?) of inactivity video id off and I 'cant turn it on. A restart fix the problem. Apart of the video, everything works just fine. I can login via SSH with no problem. Any clue?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
Hello I have a bananapi m1 with armbian Linux bananapi 4.3.3-sunxi #3 SMP Mon Dec 28 11:27:16 CET 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux I need to add serial ports so I think I need to rebuild a kernel as described here: http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/371-cubietruck-uart-3-4-7-pin-out-serial-ttys/ I follow the step described here: http://www.armbian.com/using-armbian-tools/ But when I run the compile.sh script, I don't found banapim1 in the list of device, I see banapim2, bananapipro, banapim2plus but not my deice. Could you indicate which ne must be selected? Thank you
-
My cubietruck mac address which I am assuming is auto generated is invalid. Though one would think it should work, other software on routers will not accept the mac as valid, and thus I can not add configurations to it. We probably need a layer somewhere to create 'valid' mac addresses. 02:C2:07:C0:B7:C7 is the generated mac that my cubietruck is currently using which software claims is invalid.
-
Hi Friends Greetings and thanks for such a lovely forum. I have recently purchased a nanopi m1 which is based Allwinner H3. Can someone please guide me on howto build an Armbian kernel + Armbian uboot with a custom userspace linux. More specifically I want to boot it with alpine-uboot-3.3.3-armhf.tar.gz image. Any help? Thanking you I hope you dont mind
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey guys I'm setting up a Cubietruck with Armbian_5.04_Cubietruck_Ubuntu_trusty_3.4.110_desktop.zip, and I cannot mount any of my unmounted volumes. Installing gksu didn't fix it. Any tips?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
If I put a USB stick in I can see it in Nautilus(yes I installed nautilus) but when I click on the name of the USB , I get.. " Unable to access “USBNAME" Not authorized to perform operation (polkit authority not available and caller is not uid 0)" Everything else is working. I have Samba, SSH, x11vnc, NAS, HEVC x265 Video, all working happily.I can live without USB but I thought it would be important to give the Armbian developers feedback. I have looked for an answer and I do not see any one else having this problem. Once again I just love this Armbian / OPi.pc combination. Seasalt
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 6.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Is there a way to check for a new kernel without downloading it?
-
Hello, I just upgraded my system from 3.4.110 to the kernel 4.4.1 (Debian7) by Igor's script (Thanks Igor). But I have noticed that in this version of the kernel is no longer possible to set the green light to the disk activity. Is there a way, patch or other to fix it? Thanks Fred
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 3.5k views
-
-
Hello, I used my cubieboard A10 to make a torrentserver with armbian. I use armbian jessie with vanilla kernel. The rootfs is on a 16gb sandisk sd-card, the download folder is on a sata ssd. I connect through ssh. When I start up the box everything runs as it should, but after approx. 5 minutes the connection drops with the cubieboard. Transmission stops and the ssh-server stops. When I then reboot, the torrents are gone and I have to reload them. the data on the ssd is still there. I tried already to limit the download speed to 2Mb/s but still the same. What can be the problem? I had a tl wr703n as a torrent box for a long time without a problem. The…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
orange pi PC has only three USB ports . so i look for ways to save USB ports . one way is to use wireless keyboard & mouse , but this also occupy one USB port . so i use vnc . at orange pi aptitude install x11vnc and /etc/rc.local -------------------------- x11vnc & exit 0 then at debiandog linux  xtightvncviewer 192.168.100.xxx (orange pi's address) then apear . and more i attach usb camera , and click cheese , the next scren appears.(camera aims at TV). this is a monitoring camera . i thik the conbination of drone and orange pi PC has big ability . but debian dog has no sound . how to get now so…
-
Hi, I've installed Armbian 5.0.4 Wheezy. I'm trying to configure the sound, but no success jme@cubieboard:~$ aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: sun4icodec [sun4i-codec], device 0: CDC PCM Codec-0 [] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 jme@cubieboard:~$ cat /etc/asound.conf pcm.!default { type hw card 0 device 0 } ctl.!default { type hw card 0 } jme@cubieboard:~$ speaker-test -twav -c2 speaker-test 1.0.25 Playback device is default Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 2 channels WAV file(s) Rate set to 48000Hz (requested 48000Hz) Buffer size range from 128 to 131072 Period size range from 64 to 16384 Using max b…
-
Dear Users, I bought a new 'Orange Pi Plus' board to learning pi. But i can not install it by stable image. I treid a lot of image what i found. (Debian,ubuntu etc) I want a image with ( Gpio driver and ir driver and desktop gui) not more. Please help me. i can buy it. Thanks best regards. Murat.
-
Reputation Points
- 22 replies
- 10.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello I tried to install xrdp in opi one,but it doesn't work.
-
hi all . i try clone sd card on running orange pi (cone 32GB to 16GB). original sd is 32GB , clone sd is 16GB . 1) insert USB sd converter ( 16GB sd is in ). this is recognized as sdb because i alredy attach USB HDD. 2) i alredy install boot loader into sdb (16GB). see -> http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/897-backup-restore/ so mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb1 3)mount /dev/sdb1 /mb1 and run the next shell script ---------------------------------------- cd /mb1 df pwd cp --archive /bin /etc /home /lib /opt /root /run /sbin /srv /tmp /usr /var /selinux /boot /media ./ mkdir -p boot dev sys mnt proc 4) then halt , and repl…
-
Been trying to compile the handy sysdig util in armbian. Installed it with: apt-get install -t jessie-backports sysdig sysdig-dkms After the normal install that worked, but when running gave this error: error opening device /dev/sysdig0. Make sure you have root credentials and that the sysdig-probe module is loaded. I tried: /usr/lib/dkms/dkms_autoinstaller start One of the compilation errors I manage to correct commenting the include of asm-offsets.h in /var/lib/dkms/sysdig/0.5.1/build/main.c I also managed to solve the complaints about the lack of fixdep with: make fixdep make bin2c However now when trying to compile it with /us…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 6.5k views
-
-
I am using the latest Armbian image on OPI+. I had a requirement to read a 64Gb USB flash formatted under Windows with the extFat filesystem. Much to my surprise it didn't mount. I thought it was a hardware problem 1st. But then it appeared, that mount doesn't support the the extFat filesystem by default. It is necessary to add the extra packages, but I didn't succeed: root@orangepiplus:/# apt-get install exfat-fuse exfat-utils Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following NEW packages will be installed: exfat-fuse exfat-utils 0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 9 not…
-
Hi, to resume the problem I encounter please let me introduce the network I use. 1) a main modem/router called BBox2 which is a Sagem F@st 3464 connected in LAN-WAN to a 2) a secondary router called Lamobo R1 (also named Banana Pi R1 = BPi R1) 3) a laptop connected to the BPi-R1 4) I think to connect IP camera to the BBox2 then need to stay in the same network range (so I presume I need to change the conneciton used in 1) from LAN-WAN to LAN-LAN isn't it ?) Here is the connections and IP Addresses : BBox2 is connected in LAN-WAN to the BPi-R1 ISP -> BBox2 (LAN) -> (WAN) BPi-R1 (LAN) -> (LAN) Laptop 192.168.1.1 (DHCP->) 19…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Hello, I'm trying to set up the video streaming on Banana Pi M2. I tried all of the available images, but I can't find the image where the kernel includes ov5640.ko and sunxi_csi0(1).ko modules. The instruction on banana-pi.org said that I only need to load these two modules, but they are not included in images... The only image, where the ov5640 works is the Android 4.4 from banana-pi.org, but it is not fast enough. Do you have any experiences with that, or suggestions about how to run this? Kind regards, CottonEye_Joe
-
Hi to All, Today I try to re-build Armbian (with legacy kernel 3.4 and Debian Jessie) customized by me a week ago and get into trouble to buld and boot it. I am fixing also: BOOTBRANCH=v2015.10 REVISION="5.05" At build process I see that kernel was migrated from version 3.4.110 to 3.4.111 but it builds with no problems. Unfortunately, USB redirector build did not succeed displaying bunch of errors: [ o.k. ] Installing external applications [ USB redirector ] In file included from /data/armbian-legacy/sources/usb-redirector-linux-arm-eabi/files/modules/src/tusbd/usbd.h:67:0, from /data/armbian-legacy/sources/usb-redirector-linux-arm-eabi/files/mo…
-
Please, help me how to config Lamobo-R1 with Lan USB QF9700. I need eth0, eth1 with command ifconfig. a) Plug USB QF9700 and reboot : ifconfig show only eth0 with mac address as Lan USB QF9700 Remove USB QF9700 and reboot : ifconfig show only eth0 with mac address as WAN I need two interface eth0 and eth1 for ( WAN and USB QF9700 ) work in command ifconfig. Best regards, CVH
-
Hi does install to emmc works for orange pi plus 2 h3 board? I will be getting my plus 2 soon so want to know is it supported in arbian jessie yet. Regards, -- Avinash G A
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 27.5k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hello guys, This is not a question, but a feedback I think may be useful for some. I have a cubieboard 2 server application using Igor's armbian running for 8 months in several places (~40 installations). In my application: The OS in installed on NAND Armbian 3.8 + wheezy + kernel 3.4.107 There is a postgresql instance running, writing approx. 25kB/s average (not constant) Ordered data mode journaling on From time to time I've problems on clients with system corruption (not only the database, but the whole filesystem - sometimes I couldn't event boot the cubieboard anymore, had several kernel panics and more weird stuff like thousands of filesystem errors at o…
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 9.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
From the CLI that is. I plan on using the OPi as a headless MIDI processor, and I'd like to be able to switch remotely the audio output of ALSA between the default audio-out, the HDMI out and a USB sound card (CM108-based, tested working with the current kernel). ALSA documentation isn't well maintained, most of it is old and doesn't correspond with the current state of the software (config files locations and names, contents etc). I tried various examples I found on several bulletin boards, but none really worked since Armbian seems to do things a bit differently. So I'm asking here: on Armbian, how do I switch remotely the output audio device in ALSA? No remote …
-
Hello. Bought display "1024×600, 7 inch Capacitive Touch Screen LCD, HDMI interface" video could only set up this distribution, is now trying to install the driver Touch Screen. Prompt if I can install it here http://home.eeti.com.tw/drivers_Linux.html? Or any suggestions on installation! Excuse my English please. Thank you in advance!
-
First, thank you Igor for the wonderful images! I have a cubieboard1 which I haven't played with for a long time. This week I found Armbian and decided to put it on my CB1. I have an HDMI-to-DVI cable, so I connected CB1 to a Dell monitor with 1280x1024 resolution. I tried several of your images for CB1 and they all stuck during boot with blank screen. After several tries, I decided to try on a real HDMI with 1920x1080 resolution. Of course it worked. Did some google search and found out I can change one parameter in the boot.cmd/boot.scr from disp.screen0_output_mode=1920x1080p60 to disp.screen0_output_mode=EDID:1920x1080p60 and it will try to auto select screen re…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
Hi all. Strange thing happens. I've tried to run a fresh installation of the 4.4.3 kernel version of armbian 5.04. The first boot takes forever (I gave up after 2 hours; a few times). It started and hung up at updating packages. Every try; tried about 10 times. If I switched to 5.04 with kernel 3.4.110 - the first boot takes about 1minute and cubietruck rebooted once, so everything worked perfectly. Any idea what could happened? Some extra info: If I logged in during this "updating packages" period, the normal process of creating a new user worked as normal. After that I could restart the cubietruck normally. So my question: Do I get some problems if I …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
How can I build custom image for Orange Pi PC? I'm trying with: https://github.com/loboris/OrangePi-BuildLinux I following the instructions: First, I edit params.sh: ONLY_BASE="yes" And when I run sudo ./create_image then I got this error message: chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash´: No such file or directory What can I do to finish the process correctly?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Banana Pi M1+ There is a very strange issue using SPDIF and/or I2S output. ( mpd, alsa, Armiban 4.4, kernel: 3.4.109-banana ) When starting play a new audio track, the left and right channel random swapping. Upgrading Alsa mpd does not helps. It looks this is known, a kernel level problem. for example: http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2011-February/037038.html Any suggestion how can I solve this issue? Thanks in advance!
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 5.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, today I notice that my orange Pi one stopped (crashed) yesterday, how to prevent this next time ? Is the watchdog a solution to the problem? or please advice are there any additional parameters or details I need to know for using watchdog ?
-
Hi, I am running same distributed processes on my RaspberryPI Model 2B running Raspbian Jessie and two OrangePI PC's running Armbian 5.05. Though i have enough ram available i found that there is high SWAP utilization on my OrangePI PC's. Also one CPU will be always 100% in OrangePI PC's. I have swappiness = 1 for both OrangePI PC's and Raspberry PI. ulimit -l = unlimited for RaspBerryPi and ulimit -l = 64 for OrangePI PC's. Attached is the screenshot:- From left:- (1) RaspBerryPi. (2) OrangePi PC, (3) OrangePi PC. How can i limit the swap usage and high CPU for OrangePI PC? Regards, -- Avinash
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.1k views
-
-
i have Downloaded the Image for the Orange PI PC H3. the Image flashed over the MAC with DD are only this screen. Then i think ok i testing windows have testet win 10 with Rufus and win 7 with Suse flasher with is in the Package. Are all the same. how its the Problem?
-
Hi guys, Great work you are doing here, giving a second source for all kinds of fruits :-). My question: I like to have a "non desktop, no gui" = headless server with an armbian kernel >= 4.1 for the OrangePiOne to free up my expensive/more universal RPi2 for other tasks. I need a linux kernel >= 4.1, so it recognizes my DVB-C (T230) and DVB-S2 (S960/TT4600) that work with RPi2 as a headless TvHeadEnd SAT>IP server. TvHeadEnd itself works fine on your armbian kernel 3.4.110, but USB cards need a higher kernel level. I succeeded to compile myself with your tools and good explanation, got output, but the image does not startup, no video, no lights…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 6.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I just saw ARMBian has been upgraded to 5.00 version. Then I though to check if my initial problem (for my first ARMBian test with the previous 4.5 version) could be solved with this new version : http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/616-lamobo-bpi-r1-network-issue-sudden-reboot-quick-usb-uart-how-to/?hl=miguipda What I encounter now with the 5.0 is a Lamobo R1 seems stable because no blinking green led. Just keep the red led switched on and wan with lan usable (I may contact website like you now ;-) ). Even with the connected harddrive. But... As my modem has the IP 192.168.1.1 and says that two IP are distributed with DHCP I saw the 192.168.1.4 …
-
Reputation Points
- 22 replies
- 7.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
On initial install, It reboots several times then finally gets stuck in a loop with the following two messages: bcmadh_sdmmc mmc1:0001:2: wlan0: (WE) : Wireless Event too big (65535) [ap6210] scan is not ready After 10min. I pulled the plug and started again, same messages eventually.
-
So I've gone ahead and got an Orange Pi PC. I've already been using a few Raspberry Pi boards, as well as the Odroid C2. I wanted to see what the Orange looks like in comparison. It fails to boot properly. I've read a few things around the web, tried the official as well as a few of the Loboris images, including the Raspbian, Jessie and Slackware ones; used the newer script.bin and uImages, etc. But still no go. The board isn't dead, the power LED and the other 2 LEDs near the ethernet port light up. I get activity through the debug serial port, but that's about it. No image through the HDMI, no DHCP request to my router (I connected it through a wired connection…
-
Hi, after unsuccessful experiences with bananian I found armbian - due to the active forum and answers to questions it looks like the better choice. I try to install fhem on bpr-r1. Combine a access point with homeautomation server (the router ifunction is handled by another device). After some work with Debian Jessie (lot´s of issues with hostapd and gpio) - Ubuntu with 4.4.1 kernel works stable. Only issue which keeps me from going into operation is following problem: all directories /sys/devices/platform/gpio-sunxi/gpio/gpio* are recreated everytime fhem server starts. The trick from Raspbian with chown -R root:gpio ys/devices/platform/gpio-sunxi/gpio/g…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, i can't hear any audio out of my cubietruck. This is my system: root@cubietruck:~# uname -a Linux cubietruck 3.4.109-sun7i #4 SMP PREEMPT Sun Oct 11 14:32:15 CEST 2015 armv 7l GNU/Linux root@cubietruck:~# lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Debian Description: Debian GNU/Linux 8.3 (jessie) Release: 8.3 Codename: jessie root@cubietruck:~# cat /proc/asound/cards 0 [sunxicodec ]: sunxi-CODEC - sunxi-CODEC sunxi-CODEC Audio Codec 1 [sunxisndspdif ]: sunxi-sndspdif - sunxi-sndspdif sunxi-sndspdif 2 [sunxisndi2s ]: sunxi-sndi2s - sunxi-sndi2s sunxi-sndi2s …
-
Hello! I had a problem. I noticed for the third time in a week. After one day of standby (idle) is disabled WLAN. Not connected for SSH. It is unacceptable. How to fix it? ------------------------------------------------------------- BananaPi Pro (yellow/black) Vanilla Jessie.
-
i use oprange pi PC . i do ffmpeg -s 320x240 -f video4linux2 -i /dev/video0 /home/orange/out.mpg then i get video . i do arecord --device hw:0 -r 44100 -f S16_LE /home/orange/1.wav then i get sound . but i cannot get both at once . by using cheese , i have no sound . i guess alsamixer and i must do something , but i donot know the followings . aplay -L is null Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture) sysdefault:CARD=audiocodec audiocodec, Default Audio Device dmix:CARD=audiocodec,DEV=0 audiocodec, Direct sample mixing device dsnoop:CARD=audiocodec,DEV=0 audiocodec, Direct sample snooping device h…
-
hi all, Use an old version of cubietruck. I Can use the new script /usr/lib/nand-sata-install for install my old version? Kernel 3.4.104-sunxi regards
-
Hi I tried several image but cannot boot..it is compatible for orange pi PC ? my target is BTSync. thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 20 replies
- 25.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello. My friend and I are comparing performance results with our cubietruck's. I'm using Armbian (Trusty vanilla latest update) and he's using ArmArchLinux. We tested a few dozen phoronix-test-suite tests and most results are the same except one. We both have a fresh OS install with no extras installed. The problem is with the phoronix-test-suite ramspeed integer copy test, I'm getting 812.03MB/s but he's getting 1479.73MB/s. Other ramspeed tests are giving proportionally equal results. What can explain such difference? Is my RAM running slower?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, just a quick question: Why is OTG disabled? I read some "performance issues" or "high CPU usage by OTG" etc... But can someone be more specific?
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello ! Aftert installing new image (Armbian_5.04_Bananapipro_Debian_jessie_3.4.110) onto Banana PI, I can't start desktop, startx command is not recognized. Neither root or normal user. Any idea wha't going on? Regards! Mladen, Herzegovina
-
Hello, I have an Orange Pi PC with Armbian. I like the distribution very much, but I face a strange problem. After around 5 minutes of use I cannot longer open applications. When I switch to tty I see the following error: end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 3477952 mmcblk0: timed out sending r/w cmd command , card status 0xe00 mmcblk0: not retrying timeout At first I thought the problem was in the SD card, I scanned it - no bad sectors. Then I tried with the card from my Raspberry Pi which works perfectly with it. I copied the image with DD and I had the same error again. What could the problem be? A software one, or something in the power supply, becau…
-
I have tried to use the nand-sata-install to allow me to boot the roots from an external USB HDD. It goes through the process but after rebooting, the "loading kernel" message appears and then nothing - I have tried this a few times and even used the latest version of the script on GitHub. Any ideas on how to make this work - I have a external USB HDD (500mB).
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, Using Vanilla Jessie latest image and used sd to sata/usb script to put everything on an 8gb usb stick. Everything works fine. When i add a 2.5 " sata hard drive system does not boot. Green light goen on, disk starts to spin and after a couple of seconds disk stops spinning and only red light stays on. I tried connecting sata disk after booting and i can see the disk through fdisk -l. (I put the disk on power after booting the system) I use this adapter:Power supply adapter 12V/1A , bought from olimex. Any idea what might be the case?Maybe there is not enough power to start hard disk while booting? Thanks in advance.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm using ARMBIAN Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS 4.4.3-sunxi on a Cubietruck board with a battery connected. How do I setup the system to safely suspend, shutdown or hibernate when the battery power is low? Thank you very much.
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 6.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi , my op one board is installed latest armbian but i couldnt see serail ports The default serial port /dev/ttyS0, used for (bootstrap) debugging and the serial console, is located at J11 - refer to the picture and instructions below. The Raspberry's "original" serial port on GPIO 14 and 15 (CON3, pins 8 and 10) can usually be accessed as /dev/ttyS2 on the Orange Pi Plus. J12 also provides another serial port on pins 4 (RX) and 6 (TX), which should map to /dev/ttyS3. only i see /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyGS0--GS4 how can i fix this issue ?
-
Hi, It is nice to join in and be part of a such fast growing UOS. I would like get some advice and solve the following scenarios: * Internet Sharing with one Client only, no 'switch' needed, this has been accomplished with the instructions in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Internet_sharing, so all the iptables rules and NAT is done with success. I am able to navigate the internet from OPI-PC. * which armbian version for the smallest server to run on OPI PC, that will provide some web services. * Need to be able to access OPI-PC from the external world (from PC-3), this is what i am struggling to get it right. Say i want to connect to OPI PC …
-
Hi! I plan to use a Banana Pi as a file server and install the system on the hard drive. The documentation page says: SATA/USB: pre-partitioned SATA or USB storage How does the nand-sata-install script work? Will I need to pre-partition my hard drive or will the script do it? Will it just partition it as one big ext4? Is it possible to make at least two partitions, one for the system and one for the files?
-
How can view kernel version?
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-