Allwinner sunxi
Community maintained Allwinner SoC based boards
5284 topics in this forum
-
Hi, i tried to use wlan0. I added an "ap6210" in /etc/modules. I added in /etc/network/interfaces auto wlan0 allow-hotplug wlan0 iface wlan0 inet dhcp wpa-ap-scan 1 wpa-scan-ssid 1 wpa-ssid mywlanssid wpa-psk andthepassword During loading i see two lines about ap6210 INFO Loading Module 6210 (or similarly) Fatal Module Ap6210 not found I wonder, how can I add the needed files? I am using this Image: http://www.igorpecovnik.com/2014/09/07/banana-pi-debian-sd-image/ Debian wheezy 4.1.2 In the discription is a hint, that everything should available. Many thanks in advanced for an hint. Im not very involved in linux. Regards, Ti…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 6.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi After reading this: "No audio driver, IR, NAND, BT, HW video, I2C and SPI untested on 4.0 or higher​" i'm not sure which kernel version should i choose. Is that "no audio driver" means that there is no HDMI audio, or no any audio including jack audio? Both kernels support the "Allwinner Security System cryptographic accelerator"? As i'm using CB2 as a headless java application server, samba fileserver, dlna server and music player daemon server, i need only jack audio from these, and of course the hw cryptographic support.
-
Hi, after some hours of not using the banana, it seems the system is dead. I cannot log in with a terminal. I cannot bring back the black screen to the console (i am using only the console) with a connected mouse and keyboard. All I can do is a reset. This is horrable, beccause the deamons in background should capture same data. Maybe is it an energie saver? How can I switch off them? Or how can I examine, what was happens? Thanx, Timbers
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 4.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello Igor, I have a question, does the image has a built in NFS kernel module? I would like to use my CB2 board as an NFS server. Thanks PS.: on the site a small list about compiled kernel modules would be usefull
-
Hi, I've tried to set up my new cubietruck with Igor's Debian-3.8-wheezy-4.0.4 image but first, it can't bring up eth0 and then gets stuck at restarting sshd. Tried rebooting and powercycling 4-5 times, always the same... Any ideas? Or should I use another image or kernel? If yes, which one? Many thanks and best regards, cibomato
-
Reputation Points
- 46 replies
- 18.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I try to build a headless music server, that can - boot from nand then from ssd - audio needs to work, SPDIF and analog - runs mopify - Power on / off via script All Images I tried so far - Ubuntu Trusty, Ubuntu Trusty upgraded to Vivid, Debian Jessie - do somehow not support the Power button. Same to Lubuntu 2.0 stock and Stefanius images. I did install acpid and acpi-support-base I configured systemd as described here http://www.forum-cubieboard.de/Thread-cubietruck-pwr-on-powerknopf?page=3 just does not work. If possible I'd like a latest system - Jessie or Vivid, but thats secondary. Cubietruck_Debian_4.0_wheezy_3.4.108 - apt-get update &am…
-
How to get a headphone or simple mic to work on a ct as recording device? In vanilla armbian for ct capture_use and playback_use are undefined in script.bin and # arecord -l does not list any devices. According to http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php/topic,2211.msg20637.html#msg20637 I changed both values with bin2fex / fex2bin to "1", rebooted and now I get **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices **** card 0: sunxicodec [sunxi-CODEC], device 0: M1 PCM [sunxi PCM] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 But any try to capture noise from different microphones or headsets does not work. Playback is not an issue (speaker-test works as expected). …
-
Hallo, first I want to thank Igor for the creation of armbian, great stuff! Many thanks. Now to my issue: While setting up a Lamobo R1 with armbian i was not able to get F-keys F1 to F4 working in Midnight Commander (apt-get install mc). With all three flavours (whezzy, jessie and trusty) it is the same. I tried dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration dpkg-reconfigure locales to get it working with my german (qwertz) keyboard. The behaviour is the same for local and remote (ssh). Tried also to bulid new image based on https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib with # user DEST_LANG="de_DE.UTF-8" # sl_SI.UTF-8, en_US.UTF-8 CONSOLE_CHAR="UTF-8" …
-
Igor, Could you consider adding the security system patches for Allwinner.. or maybe as a configurable option? https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/5/14/278
-
Hi, I just started to fiddle around with my Cubietruck (since I exchanged it with a Banana Pi for productive stuff). I had to realize that /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ is missing and that cpufreq-info outputs "no or unknown cpufreq driver is active on this CPU" correctly. Anyone else seeing this behaviour? Cpufreq support should be back with 4.0? Based on a sysbench run ("sysbench --test=cpu --cpu-max-prime=5000 run --num-threads=2" -- takes 58 seconds) I would suppose it's running not even at 960 MHz (since 960 should finish in less than 54 seconds). I did some iperf tests (not that promising, just 600/650 Mbits/sec) and iozone with my usual test…
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 13.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Igor! I'm running your Image on BananaPi and BananaPro and I want to use the 7" Lemaker LCD... Image-Version: 3.2 Kernel 3.4.108 Wheezy How do I switch the script.bin-file? Do I have to change the symbolic link like: ln -s /boot/bin/bananapipro.bin /boot/script.bin In /boot/bin are all script.bin files, but the filesize of the BananaPro BIN-files are identical: 50516 bananapi.bin 50580 bananapilcd7.bin 50612 bananapipro.bin 50612 bananapiprolcd7.bin The original BIN-files from Lemaker have a different size too: 50972 banana_pi_7lcd.bin 50564 banana_pro_7lcd.bin Did you make any changes in the BIN-files? Can I use the BIN-Files …
-
Hi, I tried to switch on some LED during boot with script.bin. (connected to PH11). Decompiled script.bin, changed several times PH11 to be an output with value 1 (pin 15 on GPIO3). It works if I switch it on from Linux. ; Was the first I changed lcd_used=0 lcdd11 = port:PH11<1><1><default><1> ; Whats this? Not used, or? ms_used = 0 ms_d3 = port:PH11<5><default><default><default> ; Both changed gpio_pin_19 = port:PH11<1><1><default><1> pin_19 = port:PH11<1><1><default><1> Compiled it again, copied it into /boot/script.bin, rebooted, nothing. Its the las…
-
Hi Igor, I've installed a clean version of your image for BananaPi: Hardware: BananaPi Image-Version: 3.2 Kernel 3.4.108 Debian Wheezy Installed Packages: zip, unzip ftp dialog xorg lxde slim tightvncserver I get the following ErrorMessage: Boot Shutdown/Reboot: Can you help me? Steffen
-
Hi, How i can find information for set the fex file, kernel, etc. etc. for use the spi in userspace? i don't see in /dev any spidevx.0 device
-
Hi, In kernel 4.1, we have dmesg spammed by: [84320.834217] clocksource hstimer: mask: 0xffffffff max_cycles: 0xffffffff, max_idle_ns: 238907555784 ns It should disappear in 4.2. If you need to repair it now, you can patch it yourself: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.netbook.arm.sunxi/17500 D.
-
Hi, I've just downloaded the July 12th image with the 3.4.108 kernel from http://www.igorpecovnik.com/2013/12/24/cubietruck-debian-wheezy-sd-card-image/. After booting from SD card i can't seem to reach ssh on this machine. I can ping it though ping times vary between 1 and 220ms. I tried to boot several times but nothing changes. With the 4.x kernel i was able to boot and ssh into. Any idea?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All, after next collapse of our network I used the hammer to destroy the R1. This board is really shit and I will never ever continue with any kind of experiments with it. The reason is probably BCM chip. But I am not sure. Everything works well on the table, you can stress it as much you want , everything works well. But when you use it for real traffic, the board starts to collapse, unexpected restarts etc. I followed all recommendations of you, but without success. The question is ... Which board for router I have to use? Any ideas welcome. Petr P.S. If somebody wants R1 for home router/NAS (for home is ok), I have two available, the third ended …
-
I want to have a second NIC. I have a Cubietruck running. I am using Igor PeÄovnik's Cubietruck_Debian_4.0_wheezy_4.1.2 image. How do I get a USB network adapter to work. I have a USB 10/100 NIC plugged in and it does not appear as recognized ( no link lights). Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have installed Wheesy 3.4.108 on my Banana Pro. connected to it using SSH from xterm on my linux box, did various housekeeping, set up user squeeze Installed logitech media server works OK Installled Squeezelite ---- needed to set up alsa, ran sudo alsamixer, Alsamixer ran OK but when I hit Fkeys on host machine to select various alsa menus, alsamixer terminates and drops back to Banana pro CLI, obviosly F key keybindings are not what alsamixer expects. Fails under both xterm and putty and on two linux host systems. What do I do to make banana pro use the Function keys F1-F6 to work as alsa requires? I note that there are lots of…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello and thanks in advance. I have installed the IMG Debian Wheezy With kernel 3.4.x, when income Rpi monitoring tells me I have 11 upgradeable packages, but if I run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade returns me that there is nothing to update. Moreover Igor saw yesterday published an update, it is possible to upgrade without reinstalling everything? The problem that I have and which I intend to upgrade is that once a day or once every two days or ethernet banana itself hangs and can not access until I restart the banana pi. Thank you very much and apologize for using google translator.
-
Hi there, I tried your images for orange pi, but doesnt work on orange pi mini 2. I tried ALL the images on the factory site, but somehow they placed copies of images for other models. (debian images are the same) Only image so far worked: lubuntu, but when i login, ssh session is killed. (as well root/orangepi as orangepi/orangepi) its driving me nuts to get this working. Any ideas? Great work btw!
-
Igor, Firstly, many thanks for some fantastic work.... I use your images for Audio streaming via USB. I have a cambridge Audio DAC sitting on the USB port and it works 99% flawlessly, even at 192k/24bit with only the occasional pop etc. I've noticed though that after a while, the "server" starts to have problems and the browsing of server stops working, with unused devices disappearing. A reboot is the only way to resolve. I've also noticed a possible memory leak and with a bit of googling, I see there's a problem with.. "Kernels versions 2.6.25 through 2.6.28.8 have a bug in USB EHCI controller driver that leads to large memory leaks with isochronous devices like …
-
hallo, i downloaded debian jessy image with kernel 4.0.5 from there: http://mirror.igorpecovnik.com/Lamobo-r1_Debian_3.1_jessie_4.0.5.zipand installed it on bananapi. at first boot seems to be system self-autoconfigured and reboots. Now i see that /etc/network/interfaces is linked with interfaces.r1 and in /boot i found those files: config-4.0.5-lamobo-r1, System.map-4.0.5-lamobo-r1, vmlinuz-4.0.5-lamobo-r1. can it be that autoconfiguration has my bpi as router configured. How can i fix that manualy? nex question: on the boot i see one pinguine, but while bpi has 2 cores it shoul be 2 pinguins or not ? best regards Marijus
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
//Update2: is there anyone have sunxi_cedar_mod.ko module for 3.4.107 kernel? //Update1: I've changed and recompiled script.bin file and now screen turn on, great! Hi, I tried 3.4.107 wheezy on my Micro with HDMI screen. It show some image and message at boot, and then there's no signal to display. I also tried to change display resolution in "boot.scr" file, and tried "a10disp changehdmimodeforce 4" command, and ssh terminal show: sunxi disp kernel module version is 1.0 Cannot change HDMI mode because HDMI is not enabled.
-
The page for the Banana Pi image says: "Known bugs or limitations Latest 3.4.107 image have some stability issues. Build from sources or wait for update." I have some questions about this: - What kind of stability issues should I expect? I am seeing some network problems currently, however a lot of hardware in my network was replaced recently so I'm not sure if the banana pi is the source of these problems. The banana pi never locks up/show kernel oops/etc. - How would building from source help? I would expect to get the same image with the same problems. - When can I expect a new image to be available? Is it enough to download an old kernel from the archive? Or is t…
-
Hello, i want to compile an new Kernel for my BananaPi and used the great script from Igor. (Thanks for your support). Everything works perfect, but there are one error by the development of the Kernelmodul tusbd.ko. Do you know them? [ ok ] Installing external applications --2015-07-03 21:56:33-- http://www.incentivespro.com/usb-redirector-linux-arm-eabi.tar.gz Auflösen des Hostnamen »www.incentivespro.com (www.incentivespro.com)«... 74.52.236.44 Verbindungsaufbau zu www.incentivespro.com (www.incentivespro.com)|74.52.236.44|:80... verbunden. HTTP-Anforderung gesendet, warte auf Antwort... 200 OK Länge: 1851845 (1,8M) [application/x-gzip] In »»usb-redire…
-
Hello, I'm using a BananaPi and just tried the latest version (10.6.2015, Linux 4.0.5) of your great distribution. Unfortunately, support for ath9k_htc based USB Wifi adapters seems to be missing, which is crucial for me. (ath9k_htc works great using free and open source firmware.) Could you please add support for this kind of hardware for future releases or give me a hint how I could add support to your existing images? Thank you and kind regards, LINMOB
-
Greetz // Pozdrav vsem uporabnikom vsezmagovalcev! I am planning to use my Cubietruck for a general-purpose desktop computer to surf the internet, write documents, watch movies (youtube, VLC, lan/dlna), etc. Basically I'd like to install a lightweight desktop image on it and connect it to my SmartTV in the living room via a short HDMI cable. I'll probably need video acceleration for a 1080p resolution. Thing is I'm currently in a bit of a dilemma because there are so many premade images out there, and most of them seem outdated. Can you recommend me which image to use for my goal (possibly a LTS release)? I've been leaning towards Lubuntu, but I see debian has som…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 8.6k views
-
-
Hi, How to build the Phoenix image from the Cubieboard2 NAND-flash? If anyone have idea I would appreciate. regards, Rassul.
-
Hello, I would like to ask whether any user has managed to set up any of Igor's image for playing movies (mkv, mp4, avi). Could anyone point to an updated guide or give his own instructions? Thanks in advance.
-
Hello, I used your newest Debian wheezy Image 3.8. Boot up from SD installed to NAND via script so far everything fine. But if I remove the SD card it won't boot anymore, it even doesn't show some output on serial connection. Can you give me a hint how to solve it? Thanks Fips
-
Hi all, i'm trying to install Digital Persona SDK on a olimex A20. Driver and lib's are ok. So far so good but after compiling en running the exe (i'm using Debian) i got the following error "symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libdpD00701.so.2: undifined symbol: __aeabi_uidiv." this is a soft/hard float issue, is there a way to install a debian compatible with this lib? or how to work around? manufacture DigitalPersona (now Crossmatch) doesnt give any help and i dont have source code from this lib. any help would be welcome. thx Stefan
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
Hi All! I had the same problem with several different kind of wifi SoC-s on an R1 board, with different operating systems: wifi is slow and unreliable in AP mode. Both with integrated RTL8192CU, an external RTL8192EU, RT3570 and RT5370, various Atheros chipset based dongles - all of them is very slow. I had no any problem on single-eth BananaPi board, but i got less than 2mbit up/download speed on a 30mbit+ network... I tried several OpenWrt versions (official 1,2,3 and latest trunk), now i tested Igor's ubuntu with the same result: slow and lagging Do You have same experience? Or is it working fast? Any idea? Best regards, Peter
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi All, Is here somebody, who use R1+SATA disk+wifi together? (with Igor's great debian with kernel 3.4.107) When I switch on wifi, everything seems to be ok. I live in highly interfered area, so performance is sometimes low, but everything works for several hours. After several hours my R1 gets frozen. Last log message is "DHCP ACK" from my wifi printer. The question is, can it be power issue? I have USB power meter and current sometimes exceed 1,5A, but voltage holds still above 5V. When I tested the board with OpenWRT, I had connected USB LTE modem to R1, wifi was switched on too, but system was stable. Another thing is that OpenWRT has a bug in wifi driver and…
-
Reputation Points
- 21 replies
- 9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey kids, it is me, again! So, this time I found out (well, you maybe knew it before and I am dumbing around again) that voltage control does not work on Banana Pi (at least) mainline kernel. Well, if I am supposed to change it in linux-mainline/arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20.dtsi. I tried to reach 1248000kHz, which is, of course, unstable. So I was adding and adding voltage, until I was too afraid to continue (1650000mV ). But BananaPi was unstable the same way (freez after few minutes of FTP transfer), no more (bad charger) or no less (would still need more voltage). So after few hours of re-compiling source and listening wonderful music I tried this: 1248000(kHz)…
-
Hello Igor and congrats for your contribution and regards to community! As the title points, is there any chance to create a Lubuntu image that will out of the box support all Pis (Banana Pi, Banana Pro, BPi-R1) with SATA, audio, networking and video acceleration? If it's too much, does anyone knows what OS is close to that requirements at least for BPi-R1? Or can we build something like this from scratch with your resources? I tried to create a new image based on LeMakers Lubuntu for Banana Pi (http://jubitoblog.blogspot.gr/2015/06/jubitos-z-operating-system-for-internet.html - http://jubitoblog.blogspot.gr/2015/02/jubitos-for-banana-pi.html) without much luck, …
-
I'm considering buying a Banana Pro, and I assumed I could just install a standard version of Debian Jessie directly from the official installer according to this and this, albeit without graphics or audio support. But then I came across this page and I'm not quite sure I understand the differences between Igor's images and regular a Debian installation. Is it the just the option to choose sunxi/4.0.5 kernel, some (or rather, a lot of) tweaks and scripts and drivers for misc components (IR, LVDS, etc)? I plan to use it as a headless server, what would be the advantages of running Igor's images vs a regular install? Also, on a separate question, is there any other bo…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.4k views
-
-
.. available in 3.9_wheezy_4.0.5? D.
-
@dear Igior and others My R1 fw1 run fine past 2 month with the 3.19.3. now its time to move to 4.0.x Igor - many thanks for KERNEL_CONFIGURE at your scripting implementing . This shortcut my work with automated rebuild kernel an bit -- but not fully. I have the need to been able to push my own kernel .config into your https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib in an automated way. But how about to push an custom .config into that? welll ... My suggestion are here top add i.e at your compile.sh : KERNEL_CUSTOM_CONFIG="/path/file" if file env set , use it instead from default patched kernel .config How you think about this Idea ?
-
Hello, All I'm trying to compile the ftdi_sio module using suggestions from http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/build-linux-kernel-module-against-installed-kernel-source-tree.html. I got the message: fatal error: asm/linkage.h: No such file or directory I added following lines to the standard Makefile from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP/Linux/ftdi_sio.tar.gz: CFLAGS += -I$(shell echo "/usr/src/linux-headers-`uname -r`/arch/arm/include") CFLAGS += -I$(shell echo "/usr/src/linux-headers-`uname -r`/arch/arm/include/generated") but now I got the message: fatal error: mach/irqs.h: No such file or directory when I trying to find the file missing find /usr/ -type f -name…
-
We should fix/patch this in next releases. The same problem as here years ago: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1162100 Jessie, -next kernel.
-
I am running my Cubietruck with Debian and want to connect my JeeLink USB Adapter for home automation with OpenHAB. It is recognized by the system (lsusb): Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC The driver module seems missing, as no /dev/ttyUSB0 is created. dmesg | grep usb states: [ 1.525290] usb 3-1: new full-speed USB device number 2 using sw-ohci Is the driver included in the image? If not, how can I install it? Thanks for your help! Stepman
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 6.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am use igors lib to get an suffucently patches kernel source for bana Pi R1 and for test builds i use this script for my unattened kernel builds. This allows directly install an fresh kernel and make an backup of the old kernel. my custom kernel .config is then at $REL stored and used . usage path : run igors compile.sh , wait till the source download done , do an CRTL-C once the kernel wants to compile from his lib then i.e : fw1 /t/GIT/output/linux-mainline # cp .config /t/GIT/.test5 fw1 /t/GIT/output/linux-mainline # /t/GIT/build.sh Usage: /t/GIT/build.sh {build|timestamp|clean|install|ins…
-
dear igor .. see #63 https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/issues/63
-
Hi, I've installed Debian Wheezy with 4.0.5 kernel on my BPI and connected an 1To hd with sata. When i try to mount it, i get : "mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1, missing codepage or helper program" I can mount it on my other server ubuntu 14.04 LTS with no error. Do you have an idea why i can not mount it on BPI ? Maybe it's due to the Guid Partition Table ? Tks Nerek
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 8.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Helllo i have problems with an huwei e220 usb umts stick ther i don´t working under igor image only with banian 14.01 the stick is working
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Your kernel does not appear to be compiled with support for unprivileged user namespaces (CONFIG_USER_NS=y), or something else is preventing creation of user namespaces. This feature is critical for sandboxing. Arch Linux is known to ship with a kernel that disables this feature; if you are using Arch, you will unfortunately need to compile your own kernel (see https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/36969).If you are not using Arch, and don't know why your system wouldn't have user namespaces, please file a bug against Sandstorm so we can figure out what happened. .....anyone? Thanks! (going to try compiling now, but figured I'd ask.…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.2k views
-
-
I need help with an BPI-R1 router setup with umts as fail-backup line. The eth0.101 as gateway to the inet router works fine from router and client but the umts ppp0 line not working from client only connect to umts from the bpi-r1. Igor can you make an section only for howtos greetinx dasgeraet
-
Hello, I have two questions about 'apt-get'. How come that the debian 4.0.5 image the apt command will not accept 'apt update' or 'apt upgrade'? Is this a typical debian thing? Also how do I please enable the colored progress bar for apt? Thx,user4747
-
Hi, I'm wondering if I can use your images for running an audio streamer, outputing digital audio via USB Audio Class 2 (for connection to an external DAC). at : http://www.igorpecovnik.com/2014/11/18/olimex-lime-debian-sd-image/ you mention that it does not have audio driver : does this mean that even USB audio cannot be achieved ? If not, any hints on why this is not supported ? Thanks!
-
Hi, is there a way to enable HDMI output for a cubietruck? During boot I get some display output till "starting kernel" than the screen gets black.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
I now connected a ssd drive to my cubietruck. with ls /dev/ | grep sd I got sda, but when I try to format this drive with mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1 I get this errormessage: Could not stat /dev/sda1 --- No such file or directory The device apparently does not exist; did you specify it correctly? How can I format the ssd ?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm new to cubietruck and linux as well. I used the default build for CT i.e. 3.4.107. The wlan0 was working fine. It was using bcmdhd module for wireless. But I had to move the latest version 4.0.5 for the availabilty of sctp module which was not available in 3.4.107. In 4.0.5, the wireless interface is not being detected and it has brcmfmac for wireless i think. Is there a way to implement the sctp in 3.4.107 or make the wireless work in 4.0.5 ? please advise. best regards, Arun
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I want to set the boot argument 'threadirq' in the /boot/boot.cmd file for kernel 4.04. I added the option and created the boot.src file described in FAQ. When I boot the system I get kernel panic, because rootfs not found. If I revert the boot.src to default, it works fine. The file looks like this: setenv bootargs console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait threadirqs .... Is it possible to do it this way? Thanks, Timo
-
I obtain an "Authentication token manipulation error" on Banana Pro Debian 3.0 jessie 4.0.4 when I try to change the rot password in the first run. Any help? Thanks
-
Dear All Have anybody tried and connected the following screen to Orange PI under armbian? If so, could I please ask any instructions? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orange-Pi-7-inch-LVDS-LCD-Module-7-Touch-Screen-F-Raspberry-Pi-Car-GPS/32315435767.html
-
Hi Igor, Thank you for all your work. I was looking at your website and found out that page with Bananapis is missing some content (FAQ is missing, I assume that it is the same as on orange pi pages. Also in "Graphics desktop environment upgrade ready. (kernel 3.4.x only) Possible further upgrade to desktop hardware acceleration." - upgrade ready has broken link). Some parts of text looks like outdated too. Would you be a modern superman with unlimited free time and update that page? I am interested in accelerated desktop environment and all 2D acceleration. But I was unsuccessful in finding more about it. OK, I have not found anything. Would you be so king and give…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello Igor, Jessie and Wheezy wont start with kernel 4.0.4. The image from your page (wheezy) will not start completely and now a tried a self compiled (jessie) . On the console I saw "Please wait, rebooting" or something like this and later "restarting sshd, please wait" (or so) After that, nothing more happend. System is a lime2 (different) and I deleted lib/ and output/ before compiling. Best, Jan (Yes, I want to try the lime2-problems with a newer kernel
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I'm using the Wheezy Image with Kernel 3.4.107-cubietruck, downloaded 25th May 2015, on my Cubietruck. Working through the Guide "Enable Access point mode" I ended up having a running hostapd with a ESSID which my clients can see but can not connect. I tried with default config given by the image (ssid=cubietruck and wpa=2 with wpa_passphrase=12345678). I also tried disabling wpa (wpa=0). But no client can connect. Starting "hostapd /etc/hostapd.conf" prints root@cubietruck:~# hostapd /etc/hostapd.conf Configuration file: /etc/hostapd.conf nl80211: Could not re-add multicast membership for vendor events: -2 (No such file or directory) Using inte…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 17k views
-
-
Hello! when I connect to the OrangePi mini TV / AV, TV wrote "no signal" If you connect to hdmi ok FEX: [disp_init] disp_init_enable = 1 disp_mode = 2 screen0_output_type = 3 screen0_output_mode = 3 screen1_output_type = 2 screen1_output_mode = 11 fb0_framebuffer_num = 3 fb0_format = 10 fb0_pixel_sequence = 0 fb0_scaler_mode_enable = 1 fb1_framebuffer_num = 3 fb1_format = 10 fb1_pixel_sequence = 0 fb1_scaler_mode_enable = 0 [tv_out_dac_para] dac_used = 0 dac0_src = 4 dac1_src = 5 dac2_src = 6 dac3_src = 0 and [tv_out_dac_para] dac_used = 1 dac0_src = 4 dac1_src = 5 dac2_src = 6 dac3_src = 1 [tvout_para] …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
Hi Igor, first of all I want to thank you for your amazing work. It's quite a huge thing you have here. I have the Problem, that I can't get the wifi module on my Banana pro working, both in wheezy and jessie with kernel 3.4 with the image from 21.5.. I added ap6210 to /etc/modules, but wifi chip doesn't power up. Any idea what could cause the problem? I Attached a log from my boot in case you'd like to take a look Greetings Jonas boot-log_jessie.txt
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 10.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
used your script to make rootfs on SATA device but it doesn't boot up. I just modified your script: if [[ $KERNEL == *"3.4"* ]]; then sed -e 's,root=\/dev\/mmcblk0p1,root=/dev/'"$DESTPART"',g' -i /boot/boot.cmd mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr else sed -e 's,root=\/dev\/mmcblk0p1,root=/dev/'"$DESTPART"',g' -i /boot/uEnv.txt sed -e 's,root=\/dev\/mmcblk0p1,root=/dev/'"$DESTPART"',g' -i /boot/boot.cmd if [ -f /boot/boot.cmd ]; then mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr fi fi …
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 7.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've prepared a SD card for CubieTruck. I chosen Ubuntu trusty 21.5.2015,4.0.4 from the download. I followed the instruction by using "dd bs=1M if=filename.raw of=/dev/sdx" command as presented on the website. However, my Cubietruck didn't boot up. Currently, I am using Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3 and Kernel version is 3.4.79. I have already changed rootfs from NAND to hd. Do I miss some steps for preparing this SD card? Thank you very much
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I don't know if this is normal. Sorry if this a stupid question, :huh: but I don't know why there are inside of the /boo/bin directory a bananapi.bin and bananapipro.bin but on the /boot directory the image target the bananapi.bin instead of bananapipro.bin. Board: banana pi pro; debian wheezy 4.04.4 (igor image) shows: root@bananapi:/boot# ls -ltr total 12852 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5030568 May 21 21:59 vmlinuz-4.0.4-bananapi -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1788788 May 21 21:59 System.map-4.0.4-bananapi -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 95973 May 21 21:59 config-4.0.4-bananapi lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28 May 21 22:31 zImage -> /boot/vmlinuz-4.0.4-bananapi drwxr-xr-x 2 root roo…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All I use Cubieboard2_Debian_3.8_wheezy_3.4.107.raw for my Cubie2 (2012-09-09). Looking at [uart_para3] in the fex (created with bin2fex after nand install) [uart_para3] uart_used = 1 uart_port = 3 uart_type = 4 uart_tx = port:PH00<4><1><default><default> uart_rx = port:PH01<4><1><default><default> uart_rts = port:PH02<4><1><default><default> uart_cts = port:PH03<4><1><default><default> I check if the pins is used by other 'function' And found that it used by lcd1_para [lcd1_para] ...snip... lcdd0 = port:PH00<2><0><default><default> lcdd1…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I'm a newbie an Linux and bananaPI. Actually, i uses an debian wheezy image of Igor's (Bananapi_Debian_2.8_wheezy_3.4.107) with openmediavault and one sata drive. I would like add an sata multiplier on my BananaPI. I find this tuto : http://www.htpcguides.com/rebuild-bananian-kernel-with-sata-port-multiplier-support/ I don't know if this procedure works an the debian image of Igor's ? please confirme me I think the line " git clone https://github.com/Bananian/linux-bananapi.git--depth 1 " isn't good ?
-
Hi Igor, i installed the new linux-jessie-root-cubietruck_3.8_armhf.deb pkg on CT3.6 (jessie) I shortly see the device is booting but blank screen comes afterwards. network (wifi) does not work either. any hint? thanks so far br ecod
-
Hello Igor, Hello community, What I have: 1 Raspberry PI B (its just a toy) 1 Radxa Rock (bad SW support, will replace Odroid C1 in case AP is running stable, maybe never) 2 Banana PIs (file server) 1 Odroid C1 (AD DC and AP, but actually I have no trust in the hardware) since one of my Banana PI has trouble with SATA (will not initialize, but seems to be NO power problem) I will buy a new A20 board... - Cubieboard 2: too old, no Gigabit LAN, too expensive from my point of view - Cubietruck: too expensive from my point of view - Orange PI: reading forums... seems to have some HW problems, USB Host and/or SATA not functional, etc.) - Banana PI: I like…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 8k views
-
-
Hi Igor, after trying and failing totally with Bananian etc. I found your images. So I installed the Jessie image 21.5.15 / 3.4.107 on my BananaPro which seemed to boot up somehow. I can ping the BananaPro fine but can't login via SSH. The SSH connection simply times out, even after rebooting the BPro. Do you or anyone else know what to do? Thanks!
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello igor! Thank you. The last build 3.0 jessie with kernel 4.0.4 works fine. But i had some problem with first boot after installation. After i try to change password for root bpi drop connection and after reconnection password still was 1234. I tried about 5 times. I had to reboot bpi with disconnect power and after reboot i was able to change password normally.
-
Dear Igor and friends, I need your help. I have DVK522+CB2 and I can not use the touch screen (ft5x_ts). For three months I'm trying to understand how it works, and I have learned a lot. But only the touchscreen does not working. I builded ubuntu as told Igor's site. I instald the xorg, lxde and lxdm and edit the fex file. What am i doing wrong? Thank you very much! PS I am a beginner in Linux and i sorry for my English.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Ok - first, i'm a noob, - second, I am in over my head. I am attempting to install Plex on my banana Pro - which i did. Up and working just fine. http://www.htpcguides.com/install-plex-media-server-on-banana-pi-with-bananian/ The issue that i'm having is that I am having trouble mapping/mounting a drive. I am using this command but get an error: mount –t cifs //networkip/share /local/linux/folder –o username=usernameonwindowsmachine,password=passwordforwindowsmachine I put in: "mkdir /mnt/nas" - and that works. When I type everything out, it looks like this: mount –t cifs //192.168.1.42/mnt /nas –o username=321barnes,password=Password th…
-
Hi, Looks like kernel config CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_DEBUG=y has been set in the Debian Jessie 4.0.4 build. That means, that when I have I/O to a usb-storage device, systemd-journald is consuming ~70-90% CPU time on consuming debug log lines from the kernel. Is this by purpose? How would I be able to filter or disable all this log content from the kernel to journald?
-
Hi! I'm trying to use the image Cubietruck_Debian_3.8_jessie_4.0.4.raw with my CubieTruck, but run into problems when trying to use an external LUKS-disk which is encrypted using aes-xts-plain64. 'cryptsetup luksOpen' informs the following: device-mapper: reload ioctl on failed: No such file or directory Failed to setup dm-crypt key mapping for device /dev/disk/by-uuid/<xxxx>. Check that kernel supports aes-xts-plain64 cipher (check syslog for more info). 'cat /proc/crypto | grep name' lists only this, which seems kinda minimal: name : stdrng name : stdrng name : crc32c name : deflate name : ecb(arc4) name …
-
Hello everybody, I have installed the banana pi image Bananapi_Ubuntu_2.8_trusty_3.19.7. Almost everything works fine but I am missing a usb driver: https://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx All my attempts of installing the driver failed: - when I try to use a ko-file from a different ubuntu version, I geht the error: "Exec format error" - when I try to compile the source from the link above, I get an "compiler too buggy" error - when I update the compiler and try to make the source, I get: make[2]: *** No rule to make target `arch/arm/tools/gen-mach-types', needed by `include/generated/mach-types.h'. Stop. make[1]: *** [arch…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
Hi there, I've been "playing" around various debian images for my lime2 and http://www.igorpecovnik.com/2014/11/18/olimex-lime-debian-sd-image/ seems to be the most achieved so far. Stable and everything. The only thing I miss is the "change_display.sh" tool so that I can easily configure my board to switch between the Olimex LCD and the HDMI screen. Would it be possible to add these tools in the next image ? I understand that it requires sunxi-tools and a few other things but it looks a bit complicated for me. Thanks for the feedback. Maxime
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello readers, i just tried out the new jessie with 4.0.4. But after start it stops @: ---- Welcome to Debian GNU/LINUX 8 (jessie)! [TIME] Timed out waiting for device dev-ttyS0.device. [DEPEND] Dependency failed for Serial Getty on ttyS0. ----- What am I doing wrong ? Also no LED´s a flickering. Thank you for advice
-
Hi all, I've one minor issue with my Lamobo R1. I've to set the coherent_pool to > 256KiB to get my USB DVB device working. But every time I set the coherent_pool to e.g. 2M and regenerate the boot.scr the device gets in an endless boot loop (starting uboot - starting kernel - changes resolution and starts to load drivers - but then crashes with graphic errors and starts all over again). Is there something I can do against this? I've compiled the v3.0 with Jessie 3.4.107 with following kernel paramters configured (and sunxi uboot v2015.04): MEDIA_SUPPORT=m VIDEO_DEV=m SOUND=m GMAC_FOR_BANANAPI=y CMA=y CMA_SIZE_MBYTES=16 Greetings, Oliver
-
Hi Igor, could you please look into the character set problem mentioned in the comments? Jessie kernel 3.4: Line-drawing graphics for programs like aptitude or mc don't work. The screen displays garbled characters instead, which renders all programms with a graphic interface unusable :-(. After install I noticed that dpkg-reconfigure locales did not work as expected. LANGUAGE stays en_US and LC_MESSAGES stays posix. I configured them manually # update-locale LANGUAGE=de_DE.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES=de_DE.UTF-8 but german umlauts (äöü) still don*t work although the system now seems to be configured correctly for de_DE.UTF-8. I don't care too much about the u…
-
Hi Igor, nice idea to open this board i have a problem with my wireless connection using your jessie image with kernel 4.0.4 (newest release right now). at the first start i use a wired connection to connect via SSH - this works without any problems. Next step: configure wireless connection My /etc/network/interfaces looks like this: auto eth0 iface eth0 inet static address 192.168.178.150 netmask 255.255.255.0 # hwaddress ether # if you want to set MAC manually # pre-up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 mtu 3838 # setting MTU for DHCP, static just: mtu 3838 # # Wired adapter #2 #auto eth1 # iface eth1 inet dhcp # hwaddress ether # if you want to set MAC manually # …
-
Dear Igor, I compiled a kernel (Wheezy mainline) with your script, everything is perfect! There is only one thing, what I don't know how to do: I need to patch rtl28xxu.c before compiling or /even better/ if it possible to compile this module only and overwrite the .ko file at "/lib/modules/4.0.4-bananapi/kernel/.....folder". Could you help me please how can I do that? At line 1612 I need to change: - rc->interval = 400; to this: + rc->interval = 200; Thank you very much! Gyuri
-
Hi trying to install Debian on my allwinner a20 board and been running into issues used this link http://mirror.igorpecovnik.com/Cubieboard2_Debian_3.8_jessie_3.4.107.zip the imagewriter doesnt really work for windows 8 keep on crashing and doesnt find the sd card so i used win32imager to write the raw file to the card checked so wrote the filesystem to the card the popped it into my Cubieboard and it detects that there is a sd card and then it messes up took a pic with my camera seems that it tries to tftp boot https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhzir29jyw4bjhf/IMG_20150526_162455.jpg?dl=0
-
Hi, thank for your work i need to make a hotspot with cubietruck I test all debian images for cubietruck but impossible Configuration - connexion VGA - ethernet connected - microsdcard 16G sandisk ou 32 g - clavier with doogle usb all image is dowload today ** Cubietruck_Debian_3.7_jessie_4.0.3 last message Welcom to Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)! [TIME] Timed ou waiting for device dev-ttyS0.device. [DEPEND] Dependency failed for serial Getty on ttyS0. ** Cubietruck_Debian_3.7_jessie_3.4.107.raw Cannot Display This video mode ** Cubietruck_Debian_3.7_wheezy_3.4.107.raw Cannot Display This video mode ** Cubietruck_Debian_3.7_wheezy_4.0.3.raw ... fai…
-
Just installed the v3.7 / 14.5.2015 on my cubieboard, then when i load python, it say the version is 2.7.10~rc1 ???? I searched in the debian packages, even the unstable don't have this. And when i looked in sources.list i found the first line was testing, is this normal ? Jessie is stable no ? Well for now I think aptitude have fix my broken package, but I wanted to report you this weird thing.