Marvell mvebu
Community maintained Marvell SoC based boards
165 topics in this forum
-
Currently using an image based on the latest (13/12/16) in: https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib Some changes recently have resulted in emmc based clearfog-pro boards requiring the SD card to boot again. There's a new variable in /boot/armbianEnv.txt to enable the emmc fix. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to help. Based on the SolidRun wiki: http://wiki.solid-run.com/doku.php?id=products:a38x:software:development:u-boot you can patch the sdhci to give the signal that an sd card is in the slot diff --git a/arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-388-clearfog.dts b/arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-388-clearfog.dts index 8fa7b27..b8b05ad 100644 --…
-
Reputation Points
- 53 replies
- 24.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I flashed my espressobin v7 with bubt flash-image-DDR4-1g_1cs_5-1000_800.bin spi usb and set u-boot prompt: printenv ethaddr env default -a saveenv After the boot printenv: TIM-1.0 mv_ddr-devel-g251bc63 DDR4 16b 1GB 1CS WTMI-devel-18.12.1-1d97715 WTMI: system early-init CPU VDD voltage default value: 1.155V Setting clocks: CPU 1000 MHz, DDR 800 MHz CZ.NIC's Armada 3720 Secure Firmware 0b68a33-dirty (May 16 2022 17:51:06) Running on ESPRESSObin NOTICE: Booting Trusted Firmware NOTICE: BL1: v2.6(release):a921da5e NOTICE: BL1: Built : 17:54:27, May 16 2022 NOTICE: BL1: Booting BL2 NOTICE: BL2: v2.6(release):a921da5e N…
-
``` [ 160.434443] ------------[ cut here ]------------ [ 160.434470] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 0 at net/bridge/br_switchdev.c:46 nbp_switchdev_frame_mark+0x20/0x30 [bridge] [ 160.434571] Modules linked in: xfrm_user xfrm_algo ip6t_REJECT nf_reject_ipv6 ip6_tables nf_log_ipv6 xt_recent xt_comment xt_multiport ipt_REJECT nf_reject_ipv4 xt_conntrack xt_hashlimit xt_mark xt_MASQUERADE nft_counter xt_CT xt_tcpudp xt_addrtype nft_compat nft_chain_nat br_netfilter nfnetlink_log xt_NFLOG nf_log_ipv4 nf_log_common xt_LOG nf_nat_tftp nf_nat_snmp_basic nf_conntrack_snmp nf_nat_sip nf_nat_pptp nf_nat_irc nf_nat_h323 nf_nat_ftp nf_nat_amanda ts_kmp nf_conntrack_amanda nf_nat nf…
-
Hi, similar to the issue reported in https://forum.armbian.com/topic/6566-le-potato-serial-getty-on-ttys0-starts-stops-restarts/ the /var/log/syslog file is being spammed with the following entries: Jul 11 00:37:04 localhost systemd[1]: serial-getty@ttyS0.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart. Jul 11 00:37:04 localhost systemd[1]: Stopped Serial Getty on ttyS0. Jul 11 00:37:04 localhost systemd[1]: Started Serial Getty on ttyS0. Jul 11 00:37:14 localhost systemd[1]: serial-getty@ttyS0.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart. Jul 11 00:37:14 localhost systemd[1]: Stopped Serial Getty on ttyS0. Jul 11 00:37:14 localhost syst…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
Hello, There are many leds on the clearfogpro that I would like to switch off. But /sys/class/leds only has "mmc0::". Is there a way to access other leds ? namely those of the ethernet ports ? Regards deb2016
-
sorry for asking about espressobin... I had this board working with armbian, but it was sitting in a box for a while. I remade the sd card with the new current 5.10 buster and it won't boot. I tried different sd cards and power supplies. It hangs at "Loading, please wait" Maybe I need new u-boot, but that https://minio.k-space.ee/ site isn't working or is gone. Not armbian's fault obviously. Anyone know another way to get a current u-boot image? I don't really want to build one. I don't have a toolchain set up and I'll probably buy a different board anyways. (Anyone know a well supported 2 port box that's easy to get in the USA?) These things a…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
Marvell>> bubt flash-image-DDR3-2g_2cs_7-600_600.bin Burning U-BOOT image "flash-image-DDR3-2g_2cs_7-600_600.bin" from "tftp" to "spi" Using neta@30000 device TFTP from server 192.168.10.1; our IP address is 192.168.10.253 Filename 'flash-image-DDR3-2g_2cs_7-600_600.bin'. Load address: 0x8000000 Loading: ############################################################# 4.8 MiB/s done Bytes transferred = 895012 (da824 hex) Image checksum...OK! 722980 bytes written, 172032 bytes skipped in 8.713s, speed 105174 B/s Done! Marvell>> reset resetting ... TIM-1.0 WTMI-devel-18.12.1-e6bb176 WTMI: system early-init DDR topology parameters: ========================…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
My Espressobin v5 with 4.14 reports 800Mhz and I am wondering if is there any progress on making it work at 1G or 1.2Ghz?
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 5.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
So, I thought this was worth a try: diff --git a/config/sources/families/mvebu64.conf b/config/sources/families/mvebu64.conf index 091b7633..79e85954 100644 --- a/config/sources/families/mvebu64.conf +++ b/config/sources/families/mvebu64.conf @@ -1,6 +1,6 @@ ARCH=arm64 -BOOTSOURCE='https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/u-boot-marvell.git' -BOOTBRANCH='branch:u-boot-2018.03-armada-18.12' +BOOTSOURCE='https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot' +BOOTBRANCH='branch:master' BOOTENV_FILE='mvebu64.txt' ATFSOURCE='https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/atf-marvell' ATFDIR='arm-trusted-firmware-espressobin' TIM-1.0 WTMI-devel-18.12.1-e6bb176 WTMI: system early-init …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, out of interest I was checking the I²C Devices connected to the ClearfogPro. So this is thought as a small guide to the i2c bus. The second i2c bus goes straight to the mikrobus/click header so there is nothing on default. --- i2cdetect for bus 0 gave me: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 20: UU -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 4c -- -- -- 50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -…
-
Hello, I have recently bought one clearfogpro and one orangepi+ 2e. I power them with a RD65A adapter which delivers both 5V and 12V DC. You can see everything on the pictures. There is also a 2.5" hard drive connected to the clearfogpro. Before powering up everything, I would like to be sure all cables are correctly connected, there is the picture of all connections to the RD65A 1) The main power cable : the red (phase) goes to the L, the blue (neutral) goes to the N, and the green/yellow goes to the ground. 2) V1 is 5V for RD65A, so I plugged the orangepi+ 2e and red cable of the sata power 3) V2 is…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 6.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Using the WiFi card: Compex WLE900VX Configured: /etc/network/interfaces: allow-hotplug wlp0s0 iface wlp0s0 inet dhcp wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf and wpa_supplicant.conf ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev update_config=1 country=US network={ ssid="****" scan_ssid=1 psk=''*****' } The networking.service tries to come up during boot before the WiFi and this causes problems so: $ systemctl disable networking the network comes up great on boot. I'm using a stretch 4.18.7 kernel compiled with re…
-
Folks, it has been a long time since I messed around with my ebin v5, but just wanted give it a second chance as I need to do something about my EOL Cubietruck (and my "broken" NT4 domain). So I started a second attempt with "Armbian_22.08.1_Espressobin_bullseye_current_5.15.63" just a few days ago, but didn't got much further than updating uboot and to apt update / upgrade the system, before I got distracted again. In the meantime I noticed the new "Armbian_22.11.1_Espressobin_bullseye_current_5.15.80" and I thought it would be a better idea starting from scratch with that version. However, when I boot this up from SD the only interfac…
-
Hi, I am currently trying to install a secure /trusted U-Boot into the EspressoBin and got several questions for this issue. I followed this manual: https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/u-boot-marvell/blob/u-boot-2017.03-armada-17.10/doc/mvebu/trusted_boot.txt Regarding this manual the Flag for "efuse write BOOT_DEVICE SPINOR "has to be setup into NOR-Flash, so that the device will only boot from NOR anymore (which is a reason for security, I know). Can I skip this step, so that I do not damage the complete board? I would choose UART for testing my encrypted bootloader. I skipped the step "efuse write DEV_DEPLOY 1…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've set up my local EspressoBIN with 18.04 Bionic (Armbian_5.44_Espressobin_Ubuntu_bionic_next_4.14.40.7z). My impression is that it's very much like setting up Xenial and the same issues seem to be present. I mention them in the order of importance. 1: #reboot sometimes hang, so does #poweroff. It would be great to get this fixed, because it would be a disaster if a device hangs on rebooting from remote (eg. the device is 200km away). 2: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade destroys the network setup. No network access is possible after doing this. I think a fix is important, because people would likely issue those commands. …
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 7.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
[ OK ] Reached target Graphical Interface. Starting Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes... [ OK ] Started Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes. Debian GNU/Linux 8 armada ttyS0 armada login: oli Password: Linux armada 4.7.3-marvell #25 SMP Wed Sep 14 19:24:33 CEST 2016 armv7l Traceback (most recent call last): File "/etc/update-motd.d/40-updates", line 145, in <module> updates = int(file.read()) ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '' run-parts: /etc/update-motd.d/40-updates exited with return code 1 oli@armada:~$ When i login as root, i get the prompt to enter the name for the new user and then it …
-
Hi I want to boot from emmc(all bootloader ,rootfs and kernel are in emmc). Now I can boot kernel from SD card and emmc (bootloader in spi nor flash.), and it works well. At present ,I have got the flash-image.bin by ATF using BOOTDEV=EMMCNORM option and copy this one to emmc partition 1(mmcblk0p1 179:1 0 7.3G 0 part) Then i changed the jumper to emmc boot mode and reboot the board ,but uboot can not up .The output just show ">" "E" Can anyone tell me how should I do. Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 6k views
-
-
Hi, I have not been able to find clear instructions explaning how to compile u-boot so it detects the installed msata disk. What I think I have to do is rebuild u-boot using the armbian build tools and patch uboot by moving and renaming file below ~/armbian/patch/u-boot/u-boot-mvebu/slot0=sata_1=sata.patch.disabled to the folder ~/armbian/userpatches/u-boot/u-boot-mvebu/board_clearfogpro/slot0=sata_1=sata.patch After builds completes I get a linux-u-boot-clearfogpro_5.74_armhf.deb which I installed and nothing happened the msata disk still not detected. Is that how am I supposted to go about to enable msata support? …
-
So I have a new board that I am working with. I cannot get armbian-config to display anything. I have tried both the Ubuntu and Debian images. I also tried the default and next images with not luck. The default image has the drivers that I need for a mpcie network card. The final goal is to install the kernel source so I can update drivers. [ 2.037420] r8169 Gigabit Ethernet driver 2.3LK-NAPI loaded [ 2.048872] r8169 0000:00:00.0 eth1: RTL8168evl/8111evl at 0xffffff8000376000, 00:13:3b:21:4b:62, XID 0c900800 IRQ 108 [ 2.048931] r8169 0000:00:00.0 eth1: jumbo features [frames: 9200 bytes, tx checksumming: ko] [ 2.653362] r8169 0000:00:00.0 enp…
-
Starting resolvconf-pull-resolved.service... [ OK ] Finished resolvconf-pull-resolved.service. Starting resolvconf-pull-resolved.service... [ OK ] Finished resolvconf-pull-resolved.service. Starting resolvconf-pull-resolved.service... [ OK ] Finished resolvconf-pull-resolved.service. Starting resolvconf-pull-resolved.service... [ OK ] Finished resolvconf-pull-resolved.service. [ ***] A start job is running for Wait for… to be Configured (57s / no limit) I stay here for a long time every time I start... Does anyone know why? Then an error message appears: [ OK ] Finished resolvconf-pull-resolved.service. …
-
I recently, yesterday, updated u-boot to 800-800. I did a dist-upgrade to buster. I've got kernel 4.19.56. I'm using espressobin as a firewall for my home network, connected to comcast (where I used to have ipv6 addresses). systemd reports version 241. This is part status-report, documentation for others, and questions. Used to have ipv6 addresses - So before the dist-upgrade and kernel upgrade, I was on .20 in Jessie. And systemd-networkd was giving me prefix delegation such that my home net had public IPv6. Now, systemd is unable to complete the transaction. It just repeats this block: [edit] I had it misconfigured. Network startup - Whe…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
I have a few 2G boards bought from Globalscale over the last few months. They've been working fine without any issues. So far I've been using the firmware that came with the boards. One has: TIM-1.0 WTMI-armada-17.10.1-b90dbf0 ENTER init_ddrgen DDR_TOPOLOGY is 7 : DDR3, 2CS 1G + 1G WTMI_CLOCK=2 ... U-Boot 2017.03-armada-17.10.1-gaee49fc (Jan 29 2018 - 18:21:49 +0800) (and has the w25q32dw SPI) The other two have: TIM-1.0 WTMI-armada-17.10.5-bb8f823 WTMI: system early-init SVC REV: 5, CPU VDD voltage: 1.143V ... U-Boot 2017.03-armada-17.10.2-g14aeedc (Jun 01 2018 - 15:39:10 …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
as per title... i have 2 boards running armbian (Debian version). Even if the mac addresses on /boot/armbianEnv.txt are set differently, all nic cards of both boards, have the same exact mac address, specifically f0:ad:4e:03:64:7f this of course creates a lot of problems because i cannot connect my 2 boards in the same network here is armbianmonitor from the 1st board - https://pastebin.com/N9AuwV2h here is the same for the 2nd board - https://pastebin.com/QcTq3BaD apparently i am not the only one http://espressobin.net/forums/topic/each-network-interface-has-the-same-mac-address/
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 11.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
not an expert in device-tree, anybody knows how enable uart2/uart4? dts is attached. expressobin v7 mainline many thanks. armada-3720-espressobin-v7.dts
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I was able to boot from a SATA disk that was manually setup with a GPT-formatted table and a debootstrap'ed debian arm64 kernel. The GPT partitions included: 1. BIOS from sector 34-2047, no filesystem 2. ESP from 2048-409599 (which u-boot calls bootable even if the flag isn't set), vfat filesystem 3. XBOOTLDR from 409600-819199 with bootable flag set (0x4), ext4 FS without journal 4. linux swap 5. ARM64 root (gdisk type 8305) with bit 60 set (read-only), ext4 without journal 6. linux /var (gdisk type 8310), ext4, with /srv/ and /home/ bind-mounted from /var/local/ The bootscripts/extlinux configuration live in /boot, onto which i…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was running espressobin v7 with Welcome to Armbian 21.08.1 Bullseye with Linux 5.10.60-mvebu64 and made an upgrade in a regular way : # apt upgrade The following packages will be upgraded: apache2 apache2-bin apache2-data apache2-dev apache2-utils armbian-bsp-cli-espressobin armbian-config armbian-firmware armbian-zsh asterisk asterisk-config asterisk-modules asterisk-voicemail avahi-autoipd base-files bash curl deb.torproject.org-keyring dirmngr distro-info-data dpkg dpkg-dev ffmpeg gnupg gnupg-l10n gnupg-utils gnupg2 gpg gpg-agent gpg-wks-client gpg-wks-server gpgconf gpgsm gpgv gzip hostapd ifenslave inetutils-inetd inetutils-telnet …
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 9.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi! I have a Espressobin V7 and would make a router with this tutorial https://blog.tjll.net/building-my-perfect-router/ Dnsmasq is nativ with ArchLinux ARM That is dnsmasq.conf of the floder /etc # Listen for requests on this interface interface=br0 # Address range to draw from dhcp-range=192.168.1.5,192.168.1.250,255.255.255.0,24h # Default route for clients (the address we used in /etc/systemd/network/br0.network) dhcp-option=option:router,192.168.1.1 cat /etc/systemd/network/ br0.netdev [NetDev] Name=br0 Kind=bridge br0.network [Match] Name=br0 [Network] Address=192.168.1.1/24 IPForward=ipv4 #IPMa…
-
Hi, With a downloaded and installed Armbian Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS image things seem to work as expected: lan0 and lan1 act like they are ports on an ordinary ethernet switch. My LAN is connected to lan0 and a device (HDHomeRun) is connected to lan1. The device and the Espressobin are accessible from other computers on the LAN and the Espressobin can access everything on my LAN (and beyond). But, digging deeper, something isn't quite right. The DHCP server on my LAN has been configured to assign a fixed IP address to br0 and the DHCP client for br0 on the Espressobin should be activated by /etc/systemd/network/10-br0.network: ebin@espressobin:~$ c…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I get kernel panic from TTL: espressobin login: [26830.163585] Internal error: synchronous parity or ECC error: 86000018 [#1] PREEMPT SMP [26830.168894] Modules linked in: zstd zram zsmalloc bridge stp llc sch_fq_codel ip_tables x_tables mv88e6xxx dsa_core [26830.179650] CPU: 0 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/0 Not tainted 4.19.20-mvebu64 #5.75 [26830.186812] Hardware name: Globalscale Marvell ESPRESSOBin Board (DT) [26830.193445] pstate: 60000085 (nZCv daIf -PAN -UAO) [26830.198382] pc : need_update+0x0/0xb0 [26830.202138] lr : quiet_vmstat+0x4c/0x60 [26830.206076] sp : ffffff8008f73e80 [26830.209480] x29: ffffff8008f73e80 x28: 0000000007ed0018 [26830.214946] x27: 0000000000000…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Where to find u-boot files? Download link from source page for EspressoBin doesn't work: https://www.armbian.com/espressobin/ gets you here:
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I don't know if this is some strange thing about the kernel supplied for the Espressobin or what, but I am unable to load even the most basic rule set in nftables, the empty one that comes with the nftables package: root@tottenham:~# cat /etc/nftables.conf flush ruleset table inet filter { chain input { type filter hook input priority 0; policy accept; } chain forward { type filter hook forward priority 0; policy accept; } chain output { type filter hook output priority 0; policy accept; } } root@tottenham:~# nft -f /etc/nftables.conf /etc/nftables.conf:5:15-19: Error: Could not process rule: No such file or directory chain input { type filter hoo…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4k views
-
-
This is just to report, that Image file Armbian_23.11.1_Espressobin_bookworm_current_5.15.139.img.xz is not mounting. Downloaded from https://armbian.site-meganet.com/dl/espressobin/archive/Armbian_23.11.1_Espressobin_bookworm_current_5.15.139.img.xz Mounting from loop or from USB gives the same error: # mount /dev/loop0p1 /mnt/img/ mount: /mnt/img: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0p1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error Is there other working image?
-
I installed the latest stable (and updated) debian image on clearfogpro from SD card. I then chose "boot from SD, install on SATA ..." as I have a M.2 SSD card which is viewed as /dev/sda device, with the "armbian-install" utility. However, this one does not offer to boot directly from M2. SSD, which should be possible as there is a DIP switch configuration for it. I tried to burn the iso image on sata with "dd" and then, to "dd" the u-boot.sata on "/dev/sda" (bs=512 seek=1). When switching to sata boot (dip switch), it begins well, the sata device is found, but nothing happens after, the iso image is not loaded. …
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 8.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, the ClearfogPro has a so called TDM interface. This also contains a pin for spdif and i2s. I have been trying to get it to work for some time, but unfortunately it is not included in the solidrun image nor is there any documentation on it from their side. As far as I figured it out the TDM is for some external VoIP Cards, and I2S is a sound protocol between sounddevices. So I would like to use SPDIF to stream some audio to my amplifier. I checked in the function and hardware specs for the Armada 388 (88F6828) and the schematics of the clearfogpro and it seems that pin mpp51 is would be used for spdif. This pin al…
-
Hello, I installed the latest armbian mainline image on my clearfog pro. I plugged a wifi card on it. I would like to set up the armbian network so as to use it as a gateway towards the ISP box. Concretely, here the scheme : internet <---- ADSL-----> ISP box <------- RJ45 ----------> clearfog <-------- wifi --------> PC1, tablet, ... <------- RJ45 -------> PC2, printer, ... Currently I use this scheme with an old router (linksys/dd-wrt) which is…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Trying to get the serial port working on pins 24 and 26 of the espressobin. I've tried all of the armbian builds, plus building the kernel from the Marvell github repo - various branches. On the 4.4.52 kernels, the serial port on the header pins shows up with port of 0000 and IRQ of 8, but will not work. On the 4.14 kernels, I get port 0000 and IRQ 0, and also doesn't work Has anyone managed to get the serial port working on the header pins 24,26 of the espressobin? I have posted more detail here on the github page but no progress so thought I'd ask here if anyone has had any success with this? Thanks …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Greetings! Just flashed my 1000-800, 2 ram chips (for what I reckon, I could provide a picture) 1gb espressobin with the latest image : However, I've no rtc, it seems: I've seen some of these errors being present in the developement efforts thread, however, I don't see any solutions other than using the latest firmware, that as per my knowledge, I do... Thanks a lot in advance!
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.3k views
-
-
Hi, I updated my ClearfogPro today and noticed (that like in the last updates), updating the linux-u-boot-clearfogpro-next package fails, with the error "/dev/mmcblk2" doesn't exist". This happen obviously, because I don't have a SD Card installed, as I am using a M.2 SSD to boot and as root. Quick check inside the .deb file revealed the platform_install.sh which only tries writing the u-boot.mmc version to /dev/mmcblk2. For me this is not a big problem, I know how to get the correct u-boot into place (/usr/lib/linux-u-boot-next-clearfogpro_5.60_armhf/u-boot.sata) but new users might find it difficult. Would it be…
-
Hello everyone, I would like to sell my Helios64. The NAS is in excellent condition, and has been used with care. It is ready to be configured according to your needs. I did not make the fix to take advantage of 2.5Gb/s connectivity (2.5G Ethernet Issue at 1Gbps Link Speed). I bought it for $285.00 + $28.00 shipping + $45.00 customs clearance + $15.00 for a 2.5" adapter (KOB-H64-ADP-01) (SSD support for the system). Total = $373.00 (~€340) I can provide purchase invoices for these amounts. You can make me your offer proposals. Here are some photos : Best regards, Flolm
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I have just updated armbian on my clearfogpro and after the hard drive plugged on the PCIe sata card (2 slots) is no more recognized, it does not appear at all in logs. It was working like a charm before. I wonder what happened ? Here is the output of lspci 00:02.0 PCI bridge: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 6828 (rev 04) 00:03.0 PCI bridge: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 6828 (rev 04) 02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA986x/988x 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter I think the PCIe card is recognized (I have also a wifi card on the other PCI slot). I wonder why armbian does no more see the hard drive…
-
I purchased a 1GB EspressoBin off of Amazon with the plan to run Armbian + OMV on it. Here's what it looked like upon initial boot with factory firmware. Which showed 1GB version. TIM-1.0 WTMI-armada-17.10.1-b90dbf0 ENTER init_ddrgen DDR_TOPOLOGY is 4 : DDR3, 1CS 1G WTMI_CLOCK=2 Fill memory before self refresh...done Now in Self-refresh Mode Restore CAS Read and Write Latency Restore termination values to original values Exited self-refresh ... DLL TUNING ============== DLL 0xc0001050[21:16]: [0,2f,17] DLL 0xc0001050[29:24]: [1,35,1b] DLL 0xc0001054[21:16]: [0,2d,16] DLL 0xc0001054[29:24]: [4,34,1c] DLL 0xc0001074[21:16]: [0,3f,1f] DLL 0xc0001074…
-
Hi all, I have an espressobin v5, running the newest Armbian 20.02.01 Buster that is available online (installed just recently). I am using this device as a home gateway/router so there is hostapd, dnsmasq, iptables that kind which is all working perfectly. But I cannot enable name resolution for the subnet!! Packet forwarding works fine, if I set the DNS manually on any of the devices connected to the subnet then the connection works perfectly but I would prefer to have it performed dynamically for any guest that connects. I installed bind9, this is the named.conf.options file: acl allowed_clients { localhost; 172.24.0…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 8.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I've installed the latest u-boot for the boards I'm working with (I have a v5 and a v7) and while I have been able to figure out how to set the MAC in linux, I would like to set the WAN MAC at the uboot level if possible. The u-boot environment variables seem to have no affect. I've flashed two boards and they both come up with the same MAC in Armbian f0:ad:4e:03:64:7f Can this somehow be altered before flashing the new u-boot?
-
i had contact with some devs regarding this problem: Compex cards (wle600 and wle900) do not work on kernel 4.4.x without changes. The answer i got is: Maybe someone could fix that? Would be really nice! I have no idea how to do that with the irq_mode
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am running armbian 5.44 testing Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.14.40-mvebu64 on the espressobin and quite enjoy the default setting of plugin it into my my network without having to change anything (no changes to DHCP, routing, existing firewall and port redirection settings), but I have no way of introspecting the network like I would like. My project is to have a monitoring device on my home network that then helps me set up traffic shaping rules (eg. stop those annoying updates of the "other OS" from preventing everyone from using the internet, simple browsing rendered unusable). For that I want to use ntopng bridging and policying https://www.ntop.org/…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.6k views
-
-
Hi everyone, especially armbian maintainers! I'd like to make use of great performance of this board regarding SATA performance which is crippled by 1Gbps so my question is, would etherchannel work on this hardware? I understand that the board has only 1Gbps from the switch (dual LAN ports) so I guess the only possible way to exceed 1Gbps output would be to bundle WAN && [LAN01|LAN02]. Anyone tried this or believe it should work? I don't have the board to try. Thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 20 replies
- 10.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi there, The red LED on the EspressoBin v5 stopped working at Version 20.11. I opgrade from Armbian_20.02.0-rc1_Espressobin_buster_current_4.19.98 to the laetest version Armbian_20.11_Espressobin_buster_current_5.8.18. Also not working with Armbian_21.02.0-trunk.18_Espressobin_buster_current_5.8.18. On Armbian_20.02.0-rc1 to Armbian_20.05.2: root@espressobin:/sys/class/leds# ls -al total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jan 25 2020 . drwxr-xr-x 51 root root 0 Feb 14 2019 .. lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Jan 25 2020 espressobin:red:usr -> ../../devices/platform/leds/leds/espressobin:red:usr lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Jan 25 2020 mmc0::…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all, it is this time of the year again. The pcie struggles with certain devices have returned with LK5.10 and are unfortunately not magically gone with LK5.13 As interest around clearfog is not that high, I am not expecting quick solutions here. But will post my findings and perhaps solution. If you have ideas welcome to chime in. pcie especially with wifi cards has been troublesome on clearfog (maybe even linux on the whole) forever(?). In LK5.4 we had it at a point where multiple different ones ran fine. Even "higher performance" ones as QCA988X (WLE600). We also list them as "supported hardware" on the download page... Now starting …
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have bought a couple of ESPRESSOBin and I want to start some experiments. I have encounter some oddities on schematics and gpio description. Schematics question: On my two boars there is written that the circuit version is 5.1 but on the official wiki I have found only 4.0.1 schematics. Someone known were the updated schematics can be find? I have found some different links: Official wiki page Documents name report V4.0, schematics file report v4.0.1, date 21/01/2017 Official tech spec Documents name report V5.0, schematics file report v4.0.1, date 08/03/2017 Gpio question: On gpio map there is some NC but assign…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
New revelation... the v7 of espressobin has flipped the ethernet port order. On v5 they were (left to right) lan1 lan0 wan On v7 they are (left to right) wan lan0 lan1 When I load armbian with latest u-boot (I believe v7 are the only boards with ddr4...) the ports are in v5 order. The v7 ports have the intended wan port separated from lan0 lan1, so they really need to be re-assigned. Is there a way to fix this without rebuilding u-boot?
-
Hello, I have a small fan (2-3cm diameter). Do you know if it is possible to plug it on the clearfogpro board ? On the mikrobus header, one can see GND, 5V, 3.3V slots. Can I plug the fan wires into these ? Thanks for your attention Regards
-
Hi I am trying to get my board restored. Following a simple power on reset, which I have done many, many times in the past. I have never worked with this or any other board at this low a level before (UART restore - whatever that is.) The entire memory of the bootloader has been wiped out for no apparent reason. I am wondering if this is a common problem after seeing 3 other people reporting it on the espressobin forum? All I have is the E and > appearing on the serial console. I am following this page: http://wiki.espressobin.net/tiki-index.php?page=Bootloader%2Brecovery%2Bvia%2BUART In the image choices I can download, it offers a …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
can somebody confirm this problem? in the year 2017 someone mentioned in http://espressobin.net/forums/topic/boot-behavior-of-the-switch-and-security/ some security concerns with older uboot bootloaders and port-mask setting in armada-3720-espressobin.dts(i) this seems still to be the case in the current released armbian bootloaders found in https://dl.armbian.com/espressobin/u-boot/ WTMI-devel-18.12.1-e6bb176 U-Boot 2018.03-devel-18.12.3-gc9aa92c-armbian (Feb 20 2019 - 09:45:04 +0100) since they also seem to use port-mask = <0xf> instead of the suggested port-mask = <0x3> ?! https://github.com…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all, Over at Doozan we are having quite a time trying to get kwboot to work on the newer Armada 385 based boards. It works for the ClearFrog because there is a DIP switch to select UART boot. However on shipping products like the Zyxel NAS326 and the Western Digital EX2 Ultra/EX2100/EX4100 this is not an option. Does anyone else have any of the above products? Were you ever successful in getting it to load u-boot via uart?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 8.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everybody, I have an Espressobin v5 in front of me and by default it boots fine from SATA: Now I need it to load the bootloader (U-Boot) from SD card. However, I can't seem to get it working. What I have tried so far: 1. Set the jumper on the board (J11,J3,J10) to "eMMC download mode" as well as "eMMC alternate download mode". 2. Get a SD card connected to my Linux host. Empty it with "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdg bs=1M count=100". 3. Then I tried to get the U-Boot on the SD card, but I am not exactly sure about the proper way. I tried two different things: 3.a. I just copied it raw onto the SD card with "dd if=…
-
every second boot, there is a kernel crash: Starting kernel ... [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [0x410fd034] [ 0.000000] Linux version 4.19.20-mvebu64 (root@armbian.com) (gcc version 7.2.1 20171011 (Linaro GCC 7.2-2017.11)) #5.75 SMP PREEMPT Fri Feb 8 09:54:18 CET 2019 [ 0.000000] Machine model: Globalscale Marvell ESPRESSOBin Board [ 0.000000] earlycon: ar3700_uart0 at MMIO 0x00000000d0012000 (options '') [ 0.000000] bootconsole [ar3700_uart0] enabled Loading, please wait... starting version 232 Begin: Loading essential drivers ... done. Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... done. Begin: Mounting root file system ... …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
Just updated both my cubietruck and espressobin to 5.85, however the latter doesn't up come again after the update (from 5.83 IMO). (Had to get it out of the basement and) the console gives me the following error msg, now: Marvell>> boot starting USB... USB0: Register 2000104 NbrPorts 2 Starting the controller USB XHCI 1.00 USB1: USB EHCI 1.00 scanning bus 0 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found scanning bus 1 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found / ** Bad device usb 0 ** ## Executing script at 06d00000 Wrong image format for "source" command /boot/ ** Bad device usb 0 ** ## Executin…
-
Reputation Points
- 23 replies
- 15.6k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I just got my EspressoBin V7 and installed the current armbian for it. I haven't tested much, but Globalscale has changed the numbering of the ethernet ports, as can been seen in the Wiki of the EspressoBin. What do I have to do to rename the ports permanently, so that no update can change it back? Or is this something that needs to be changed in armbian for the V7 boards?
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have this latest ESPRESSObin v7 board. It doe's not boot official Armbian BIONIC. I have used Armbian before on other chips and I am pretty confident I am following the instructions correctly. Steps I did to get it going: 1. I followed official instructions to flash u-boot with bubt tool to it's latest version. My board is DDR4, 1GB,1 ram chip, 1000cpu,800ram. I got the right one - as all works just fine after a reset. Also applied relevant boot environment as instructed here https://www.armbian.com/espressobin/ 2. I have then used etcher to burn SD card with bionic. Tried to boot - didn't work. Only getting call traces in kernel log. 3. I…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello to you! I was using Arch Linux ARM on my Clearfog Pro for years. Then things got bad. I think it's a bad combination to have a distro with the most up-to-date software while developers are rapidly abandoning and not testing 32-bit Linux software. First wget became incompatible with gnutls and then programs in coreutils that use utmp started malfunctioning. The last straw was the system became unbootable, issuing a message about ext4 "ext4fs_devread read outside partition 18446744073709551440". I switched to Armbian but now I'm at a loss as to how to configure DSA on the Clearfog Pro. I installed the mv88e6xxx but the LAN ports on …
-
I have worked through the installation of Armbian Ubuntu 18.04 to the embedded MMC in an ESPRESSObin v7. It took a while and there were some quirks along the way, so here is a procedure with observations that may be useful to others. The Armbian u-boot does not appear to recognise the eMMC. I used Globalscale's u-boot espressobin-bootloader-cpu-1000-ddr4-1cs-1g I created a USB stick using the standard procedure and booted the ESPRESSObin from this. I copied the Armbian .img file to the ESPRESSObin USB system and used this to flash the eMMC sudo dd if= Armbian_5.69_Espressobin_Debian_stretch_next_4.19.14 of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=128K status=progres…
-
I have Armbian 5.38 Debian Stretch Default running 4.4.115-mvebu and it is working fine. If I try to use either Debian or Ubuntu with the Next kernel (4.14.14) Network Manager always fails to start with a long wait (1 - 1.5 mins). Both Debain and Ubuntu images behave the same with their respective kernels. (4.4 yes, 4.14 no) Is this fixed in 4.15? Am I missing anything using the Default kernel? I've read in other posts where Igor and Mr Kaiser state the Next kernel is more 'mature.' I'm starting a fairly ambitious project with this board so I kinda want to make sure everything will run. Thanks!!
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 4.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi there, as already discussed here, https://forum.armbian.com/topic/5318-looking-for-an-enclosure-for-espressobin/?do=findComment&comment=49396 it seems that this 4-sata mini pci express card is supposed to be supported by armbian. As I wrote in that post, it doesn't work for me. I've tried Armbian default and next. The cards work, since I got them running with espressobin's Ubuntu distribution. Also, I've compiled a 4.4.52 Kernel according to: http://wiki.espressobin.net/tiki-index.php?page=Build+From+Source+-+Kernel It also works just fine with Armbian. So, my guess is that there's so…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 6.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, I updated the Linux kernel on my Espressobin to the latest version (5.6.2) and had some issues booting from SATA as my SSD was not detected properly after boot. Using the device tree from an older kernel version did help, but I also read somewhere that updating to the latest Armbian U-Boot would solve the issue. So I downloaded the version that matches my hardware (flash-image-ddr3-2g-2cs-1000_800.bin) and flashed it. It indeed fixed the boot issues, but now only 1 GB of RAM is detected instead of 2 GB. This happens as soon as the board is powered on, in U-Boot: DRAM: 1 GiB Before that, I was using the U-Boot…
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 11k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I am setting up a Clearfog base as the backend for my music player. As a high-end audio device it would be a clear advantage if all processing could be passively cooled. Running Armbian_5.27_Clearfogbase_Ubuntu_xenial_default_4.4.70 the default heatsink gets very hot to the touch and feels much hotter than the reported 49 degrees. Does anyone know if there are any differences between the available kernel and armbian versions regarding temperature? Does anyone know of any inaccuracies in the temperature reporting for the ARMADA 38x? What could be regarded as a safe (reported) operating temperature for the ARMADA 38x? …
-
when I used the command "nand-sata-install" ,then i select The first one, install Armbian from the SD card to the Built in emmc, After step-by-step execution, I will prompt poweroff. Then I remove the SD card and prepare to start from EMMC. However, the following error prompt appears. I cannot enter the system from EMMC normally,Please help me, thank you TIM-1.0 WTMI-devel-18.12.1-e6bb176 WTMI: system early-init CPU VDD voltage default value: 1.155V NOTICE: Booting Trusted Firmware NOTICE: BL1: v1.5(release):1f8ca7e (Marvell-devel-18.12.2) NOTICE: BL1: Built : 16:23:10, May 21 2019 NOTICE: BL1: Booting BL2 NOTICE: BL2: v1.5(release):1f8ca7e (Marvell-deve…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 7.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm getting tired of Globalscale deleting my post from the Espressobin forums, instead of either fixing or acknowledging the problem. So I'll repost this here for future reference. This is the URL to the original thread: http://espressobin.net/forums/topic/mainline-linux-not-running-at-1ghz/ Hi All That the Espressobin aims to support mainline is awesome – a lot of the benefits are described here http://espressobin.net/mainline-linux/. But I’m unable to get my v7 board running at more than 800MHz using the mainline kernel (for some reason cpufreq-info insists on reporting 1GHz with actual benchmarking only showing 800MHz). For…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 6.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi eveyone, I am coming from a a hint off Github here: https://github.com/armbian/documentation/issues/165. Igor was so kind and redirected me to this community. I am struggling since beginning christmas to get my EspressoBin to latest versions out of dusty 2018 images. Device EspressoBin v7 DDR4 1G 1000_800Mhz Baseline - What did I do? - Update U-Boot according https://www.armbian.com/espressobin to devel-18.12.3 - Flashed SD-Card with armbian Focal via Balena according https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/ - Updated Boot Environment according https://www.armbian.com/espressobin/#kernels-archi…
-
Reputation Points
- 172 replies
- 57k views
- 6 followers
-
-
Hi, Trying to get the latest U-Boot working on my ESPRESSObin board - a v5, DDR3, 1 GB, 1cs version. I have no issues flashing it, and tftpbooting ... with the "old" supplied U-Boot. But wanting to run a recent version of OpenWrt on the board, so trying to update U-Boot. I flashed the latest version of U-Boot for it ... U-Boot comes up fine (I have serial access), but - ethernet seems to have an issue (for tftpboot, or even ping), I get, => ping 192.168.2.1 (NULL udevice *): mvneta_setup_txqs: can't create txq=0 Using ethernet@30000 device timeout: packet not sent timeout: packet not sent timeout: packet not sent timeout: packet not se…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 4.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
On my Clearfog Base, I noticed that the temperature reported in motd was different than that reported by /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp - and reading the script at /etc/update-motd.d/30-sysinfo I found towards the end a comment about readings being done on the heatsink for Marvell systems (of which this is one), and the code subtracts 30 degrees Celsius from the reading. I searched around and couldn't find any other mentions of needing to do that. I guess I'm curious how it was determined that this was necessary - and how accurate it actually should be. It seems like a questionable assumption that the sensor would report a temperature that was always …
-
Don't know if this is a Arabian issue or a driver issue But i got a ath9k mpcie board in en ExpressoBIN running Armbian nightly WIP lspci 00:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter dmesg shows: 20.892457] advk-pcie d0070000.pcie: Posted PIO Response Status: CA, 0xe00 @ 0x44 [ 21.154426] advk-pcie d0070000.pcie: Posted PIO Response Status: CA, 0xe00 @ 0x4 [ 21.505762] ath9k 0000:00:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002) [ 21.505794] advk-pcie d0070000.pcie: Posted PIO Response Status: CA, 0xe00 @ 0x3c [ 21.657293] dsa dsa@0 wan: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx [ 21.7…
-
Hello, I am working with the Clearfog board, I've tried both Ubuntu and Debian. At the main page (http://www.armbian.com/clearfog/) I read "All 3phy network ports operational", but I can use only 2, the main one which is on processor module and the switched one but I can't use the third one wich is driven by the switch. I can set ip adress to all 3 but can ping with 2 only. From the of_mdiobus_register function in of_mdio.c file, I see the adress 0 phy is registered but 2 others are not cause the adress "/soc/internal-regs/mdio/ethernet-phy@2 PHY address 999 is too large". My first question is how to use the third phy ? My second question is more about und…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Hi folks, I've been trying to compile an image for the EspressoBin since yesterday. Unfortunately I get the following error every time I run it. Other boards work fine. Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_Khadas-vim2_bookworm_edge_6.13.7.img Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_Rockpro64_bookworm_edge_6.14.0-rc4.img Why is this only with the EspressoBin can someone help me ? Kind regards StarSurfer Spoiler [💲|🔨] trusted-secure-firmware.bin trusted-secure-firmware-uart.bin trusted-secure-firmware-emmc.bin \ [💲|🔨] untrusted-secure-firmware.bin untrusted-secure-firmware-emmc.bin [💲|🔨] make -C wtmi CROSS_CM…
-
Recently acquired an Espressobin Ultra. When I attach an ssd (a Kingston 500GB NVMe 2280 M.2) to it the device won't start. It displays no sign of powering on. I have tried two different SSDs. no difference. Without one attached as soon as power sis applied all the ethernet interface LEDs flash briefly. With the SSD card that doesn't happen. There is no activity at the console. Do I need to change jumpers or do some other setting at the Marvell prompt before attaching it? Help would be much appreciated. Many thanks LA.
-
Hi, We made a custom board based on ClearfogBase. And we will change the size of DDR to 512MB. But, I have no idea if it would work without any software changes. Thanks in advance JS
-
Hi there, a erroneously powered the Espressobin (V7) with my laptop power-supply [ i.e. 19V 2.31A ( right polarity i.e. + inside) ] ... The EspressoBin now does not boot. A green led lights-up for a moment and then nothing else. Any suggestion ? Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Background Most of the instructions I found on installing anything on the Clearfog Pro or Base with eMMC were either not applicable to me, incomplete or missing some file or there was some other barrier. After a couple weeks of tinkering and notation I feel I have a good handle on getting Armbian on this board by several different methods. Here I will describe my path to using TFTP to install Armbian on my Clearfog Pro. First off, I have no clue why so many tutorials include a line that reads something like "but that would require you to set up a TFTP server so we're going to go through a lot of other rigamarole instead.' Really? This guide got my TFTP serve…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 6.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm running armbian 5.27 xenial / kernel 4.9.12-mvebu on a Clearfog base, where eth0 should have a static address and eth1 gets its config. from DHCP. The system has three possible interfaces (including the empty SFP port - eth2). By default both Ethernet ports eth0 and eth1 came up with DHCP, however, I couldn't find any config covering both of them. nmtui had a config for eth1 and eth2 (if I remember correctly), while the /etc/network/interfaces file only had a config for eth0. I have now tried to configure eth0 with a static config, both by adding it in nmtui (which didn't seem to have any effect) and…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.6k views
-
-
Does armbian builds for Espressobin support u-boot's driver MVEBU_EFUSE_FAKE to fake efuse access? From my understanding efuse is needed to test trusted boot. https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/commit/a1b6b0a9c1f91756b93e6d804837dc178d79d39e I am testing secure boot(trusted boot) on my 2GB EspressoBIN, using the armada-17.10 versions of u-boot, a3700utils, and atf-marvell. Following the trusted_boot.txt document, I successfully built an untrusted and trusted flash.bin and a u-boot.bin with mvebu efuse enabled. I was able to boot the board with the untrusted boot image and ran the efuse write commands. My board had a loss of power before I b…
-
I have Espressobin v7 1G and PCIe card WLE900VX. With armbian-config create AP. Starts successfully on 36 channels. I tried all the channels in 5Ghz, but works only successfully at 36 and 44. By selecting another channel tells me after trying that I can not start AP on 5Ghz and start at 2GHz successfull. Any idea how to deal with this?
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 7.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Good evening, as uboot doesn't get updated automatically since a few versions back, I ran the uboot install script manually today - so far everything worked, uboot got copied to the boot sector. After rebooting though it seems that uboot is not working / properly compiled. It runs normally until the point where it would boot linux, then stops saying it can't find the various commands (bootz, help, echo etc). It dropped me to the uboot shell. I tried a few commands (help, reset etc) and all just gave a "command not found" failure. After restoring the 5.75 uboot from some backup it works again. Is there some known problem…
-
https://gist.github.com/voltagex/1dae7c0bf153c76a49bea407f932be69 if anyone's interested.
-
Hi, I have a clearfogbase board. I successfully installed armbian (4.4.45 upgraded to 4.4.51). Most of the components are working fine (SFP, intel 7260 wifi...), however I think I am using the dtb file of the clearfog pro, the second ethernet port is not working: [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0 [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct [ 0.000000] Linux version 4.4.51-mvebu (root@devel) (gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu/Linaro 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4) ) #5 SMP Thu Feb 23 21:02:25 CET 2017 [ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 P…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
Hi, On my Clearfog base, I have one bootable SDHC card that I made some time ago, using Title: Armbian 5.25 Clearfogbase Debian Jessie next Kernel: Linux 4.9.7 Build date: 02.02.2017 I can't remember, but think that I flashed the card from Linux using dd bs=1M What I do remember was having some trouble back then, flashing a card that would boot and remember several attempts, using several different images. I also remember that the board dip switches were in the wrong positions as delivered from the factory and that my first attempts failed because of that. Having sorted that out and using the image described a…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
I bought an espressobin and a realtek rtl8812au based usb wifi device because I wanted to set up a linux based wifi network at home. It is running the armbian mainline kernel with Debian 9. I installed hostapd and dnsmasq (config files below) and it works, hurray! Bad news is I do not understand how. I tried to look at the list of connected devices (cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases) but this showed nothing. I disabled dnsmasq and rebooted and the wifi continued to work without dnsmasq. So my question is this- without the dnsmasq service what exactly is handing out the ip addresses to devices connecting via dhcp? Hostapd config file: ssid=ARMBIAN inte…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Getting stuck out of the gate (of course never goes as documented🤣) https://puhoy.github.io/posts/armbian_on_espressobin/ While attempting to flash the required uboot update I keep getting a "permission" type error I've tried with usb stick and sd card, formated ext4, formatted fat and various permutations including simple filename....all give the same error even though usb and mmc commands say the media is there This is a v5. I have an identical one I set up a few years ago with ubuntu 18 but I did not have to flash this new uboot. Any thoughts? Do one of the jumpers have to be set in order to flash? …
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
EDIT: only the card in what I'm calling slot two is detected by lspci. wifi card near SoM - at boot PCI-e 0: Detected No Link. PCI-e 2 (IF 1 - bus 0) Root Complex Interface, Detected Link X1, GEN 1.1 ... once booted root@clearfogpro:~# lspci 00:02.0 PCI bridge: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 6828 (rev 04) wifi card in slot nearer edge of board - at boot PCI-e 1 (IF 0 - bus 0) Root Complex Interface, Detected Link X1, GEN 1.1 PCI-e 1: Detected No Link. ... once booted 00:02.0 PCI bridge: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 6828 (rev 04) 01:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QC…
-
Reputation Points
- 24 replies
- 9.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi. I've ordererd a new bunch of espresso bins from globalscale. they have the same board revision as my old ones (V5_0_1 and 1G 2CS) - but now I get an error while trying to flash armbian uboot (mentioned in https://www.armbian.com/espressobin/) Marvell>> bubt espresso/flash-image-1g-2cs-800_800_boot_sd_and_usb.bin spi tftp Burning U-BOOT image "espresso/flash-image-1g-2cs-800_800_boot_sd_and_usb.bin" from "tftp" to "spi" Using neta@30000 device TFTP from server 192.168.5.5; our IP address is 192.168.5.10 Filename 'espresso/flash-image-1g-2cs-800_800_boot_sd_and_usb.bin'. Load address: 0x5000000 Lo…
-
Reputation Points
- 64 replies
- 35.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've attempted to install Ubuntu_xenial_default_4.4.112. In order to get this to work, I tried to follow the instructions on the download page as close as I could... Downloaded flash-image-2g-1000_800_boot_sd_and_usb.bin (because I have a 2GB model, which reports CPU-speed 1000 MHz and DDR 800 MHz. Formatted an USB-stick as FAT, copied flash-image-2g-1000_800_boot_sd_and_usb.bin to that stick, unmounted it. Inserted the USB-stick in the EspressoBIN, rebooted the EspressoBIN. Via the terminal I typed ... When it was done updating and returned to the "Marvell>>" prompt, I pressed the RESET button on the board. The board attempts t…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 6.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
In the download section under Clearfog Pro Tested Hardware it shows a European version of the ME909S mpcie LTE adapter and a link to the German Amazon product page. I just want to confirm the US equivalent is compatible - https://www.amazon.com/HUAWEI-ME909S-821-Wireless-DC-HSPA-TD-SCDMA/dp/B01CCFS0SY/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1532795467&sr=1-2&keywords=ME909s Thanks in advance
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All! I am verifying the function about pcie to net port on armada-3720 ESPRESSObin. I insert 3 PCIE network cards in 3720 with PCIE bridge, connect to PC by switch. PC ping 3 net port at the same time ,but only one net port could be pinged successfully. I use the same test environment to test on the cavium's development board ,and PC can ping 3 network cards successfully at the same time. Besides, I used 3 network cards connect to 3 PC directly not by switch on 3720, and 3 PC can also ping 3 network cards successfully at the same time. Through the above cross-testing, it seems that this problem will occur as …
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I’m having a lot of trouble getting started with Armbian Ubuntu 16 (SD Boot) and the board. I downloaded the default image from https://dl.armbian.com/espressobin/ and wrote it successfully to the SD card. In UBoot, I have tried using the cmd at https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/bootscripts/boot-espressobin.cmd and there is no armada-3720-espressobin.dtb file at the path that is called. It also cacks out on the if statement saying there is no “load” command. If I don’t call the expressobin.dtb and bypass the if statement, using “run bootmmc” starts it loading but it hangs and throws some errors and then han…
-
Maybe a long shot: rather than setting up armbian on my new ESPRESSObin (epb), installing needed SW and tools, porting configs off my Cubietruck (cbt), would it be possible to tweak the cbt's SDcard / FS to boot on the ESPRESSObin? If I'm not mistaken the cbtis armhf based and all those binaries should also run on the epb!? Would it be "good enough" to add the arm64 architecture to the CBT with "dpkg --add-architecture arm64" and then to install linux-u-boot-espressobin-next linux-image-next-mvebu64 linux-headers-next-mvebu64 linux-firmware-image-next-mvebu64 linux-dtb-next-mvebu64 linux-$(lsb_release -cs)-root-next-espressobi…
-
Hi - I ordered a 2gb Espressobin from Globalscale and later flashed flash-image-2g-2cs-1200_750.bin, which caused my Espressobin to hang at: TIM-1.0 WTMI-devel-18.07.0-6050fd5 WTMI: system early-init SVC REV: 5, CPU VDD voltage: 0.898V I am able to boot to SATA using the sata recovery image, but cannot flash back to the working flash-image-2g-2cs-1000_800.bin. Here is what happens when I boot to SATA and attempt to flash the old bin: Booting Trusted Firmware BL1: v1.2(release):armada-17.02.0:v0.2-1324-g1cd562c BL1: Built : 16:29:17, Apr 20 2NOTICE: BL2: v1.2(release):armada-17.02.0:v0.2-1324-g1cd562c NOTICE: BL2: Built : 16:29:17, Apr 20…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi again, The Clearfog base has two push buttons, but these don't seem to be hard-wired to any hardware functionality. Does anyone know how to find them in the system and monitor them for events? They could then be used for example to reboot or power down the system. BR. --Marius--
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4.6k views
-
-
Since I don't have one unit yet and the information related to this board is scarce, I'd like to ask if someone who owns one could test what the power budget for the board is. In Marvell's github wiki there is the following mention: It would be really great if under load and with all the network ports connected to gigabit the board only took 1W@12V. I found a script in github that would help to reduce power usage: https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/main/wiki/Power-Saving-Script Thanks for you help. Depending on the results I may have a solution for one project where I need to use a dual-lan board with low…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 8.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I recently got a ClearFog Pro board and wanted to replace my router with it. In order to add Wi-Fi functionality, I installed an Intel 4965 AGN PCI-E extension card. So far I have tried the following two images in order to get it to work: Mainline 4.9.7 The mainline kernel neither detected my Wi-Fi module nor the additional, built-in LAN ports. However, after updating the kernel with "apt upgrade" to 4.10.x, the "iwlegacy" driver necessary for the Intel Wi-Fi module started to work. However, the LAN ports are still missing. Entering "ip link" gives the following output: Usually, there should be lan1, lan2, lan3... …
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I have discovered interesting behaviour of the clearfogpro switching between lk4.19 and 5.8 and would like to know if others are able to reproduce. And maybe have ideas on how to fix. Steps to reproduce: - have a clearfogpro - get the current armbian image https://archive.armbian.com/clearfogpro/archive/ 20.08 - 'apt update && apt full-upgrade' - set the lan1-6 interfaces to bridging (example via following /etc/network/interfaces : https://pastebin.com/dpXEBe6g ) - reboot - plug into your network should be GBit (on lan1-5). Verify you get ip, and can reach other devices. - run iperf3 between clea…
-
I just came across this line: -Is this correct ? scriptaddr is where the boot.scr is loaded, as far as I understand, it overwrites itself by loading armbianEnv.txt to the same address. So wouldn't it be better to load armbianEnv.txt to kernel_addr, initrd_addr or fdt_addr, since armbianEnv.txt is only used for a short time ? I have not tried making an armbianEnv.txt, which is larger than boot.scr, but it looks like it would stop the board from booting if it's just long enough to overwrite the 'env import' line.
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 10k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I've been trying to compile an armbian image based on (any but In this case) the dev branch, Jessie using: https://github.com/igorpecovnik/libwhich seems fine. I write the .raw image to an sd card and throw it in to get an error: ** File not found boot/dtb/armada-388-clearfog.dtb Looking at the sd card compared to the pre-compiled images I can see that it isn't there. I'm new to compiling armbian (could you tell?) so sorry in advance if the answer is obvious. Any help or documentation people have for building the clearfog board I'd really appreciate.