Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

General Chat

An area for discussing general topics about Armbian on TV Boxes

  1. Started by Uwu,

    Hello all, I have sadly had to reinstall my nicely build Armbian system after a bad update I can't run ddbr to make a backup of my eMMC. Whether as root on my OS on eMMC, or booted from USB drive, command "ddbr" does not exist. What can I do? This seems to be missing on both Armbian_20.08_Arm-64_focal_current_5.7.15_desktop.img and Armbian_20.09_Arm-64_buster_current_5.8.5.img I might be doing something wrong but i tried both "ddbr" and "sudo ddbr", says command does not exist. Regards,

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4.3k views
  2. Started by Kaffu Theine,

    So, im trying to fix the RTL8822CS from chewitt by myself now its work with kernel 6.0.15 yeah its looks ugly & messy, but its works If you want to try the driver just tell me....

  3. I have a number of headless AML S905 / S912 1GB Ram TV boxes running a bastardised Armbian for systems monitoring. I have a 200MB zram compressed block device setup to store temporary data which gets processed locally then synced to a command server every hour because the eMMC's on these cheap boxes do not last very long under sustained write scenarios. I would like to increase the zram filesystem size to 500MB so I only have to sync daily instead of hourly but because 25% of the RAM is allocated to the GPU/VPU I dont have enough available ram All the devices I have seen seem to allocate approx 250MB for the GPU which is obviously wasted in a headless scenario…

  4. Hi All I started playing with Armbian recently with some old S905 / S905X based TV Box devices I had lying around. Im working with a T95 S1, an A95X and an MXQ Pro and using the images from @balbes150 yandisk repo (thanks!) Mostly everything seems to work fine except when transferring data to or from the devices (I havent tested WiFi or BT). My problem is that I cant use the ethernet to transfer any files. Network data transfers start as expected then get gradually slower and slower until after 10-15 seconds at which point data transfer stops and the device becomes unresponsive for a few minutes. Eventually I can SSH back into the device but any at…

  5. Good Day everyone! I have 4 of these Kata Boxes lying around the house, and due to the poor firmware of which was never updated, I was hoping to have Armbian installed to that I could place these near my DAC's to become essentially DLNA devices (Of which I hope will be painless). However, in trying to boot armbian, I have no luck whatsoever. In Libreelec, I am able to boot fine from the SD Card no problem, and since I have an opportunity to SSH, I wanted to know the device tree it was using by running the command "cat /proc/device-tree/le-dt-id," the result of was "gxbb_p200 LibreELEC:~ #." With that information, I've used the same dtb located in the dtb folder of …

  6. Guest

    HOWTO install Armbian_5.32_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_4.14.0-rc2-next-20170929_mate + Wifi on Orbsmart RX-01 / Vensmile U1 / Unuiga S905 (Windows 10) THIS IS DEV. No Support. Tools: 7zip (unpack Balbes FIles form Yandisk), Etcher (Burn unpacked Image to SD Card) Hardware: Orbsmart RX-1 , min. 8GB (Micro)SD Card, (Micro)SDCard Reader 1. go to url: https://yadi.sk/d/srrtn6kpnsKz2/Linux/ARMBIAN/Test 2. Download Armbian_5.32_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_4.14.0-rc2-next-20170929_mate.img.xz 3. Download & Install 7 Zip : http://7-zip.org/download.html 4. Extract with 7zip: Armbian_5.32_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_4.14.0-rc2-next-20170929_mate.img.xz C:\temp (Create Fold…

    • Reputation Points

    • 9 replies
    • 7.1k views
  7. Started by sukanime,

    Hi... Thanks for making Armbian... I Have Mini M8S Android TV Box with Wifi RTL8723BS, i have using Armbian from here http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/1143-armbian-for-amlogic-s905/ I can boot to Armbian, but Wifi not working. But In LibreELEC 7.0.2 the wifi is working, so i cross check, and i found this: ############################################## # LibreELEC # # http://libreelec.tv # ############################################## LibreELEC (community) Version: 7.0.2.007 LibreELEC:~ # lsmod Module Size Used by hci_uart 21997 1 bluetooth 2…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 18k views
  8. Hello! may be anyone can turn me in right direction i connect two joysticks ( ps3 and unnamed ) to my MXQ TV Box S805 ( 1gb ram - 8gb flash ) mali450 wifi ethernet ir remote ( no bt ) but can not use any of them in games or andriod menus on youtube i see many users connect ps3 joystick to our boxes and its found by software and can gaming or use in menus and so i try load some modules from http://techiesexpedition.blogspot.com.by/2016/01/adding-gamepads-support-to-mxq-s805.html but joy not seen and joy test soft not see any buttons or analog sticks movement =( thank for any help or information Alexander

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.6k views
  9. Ayufan’s Armbian on a V88 Piano or V88 Mini III These two TV boxes seem to be electrically identical except that the V88 Mini III has 2 GB RAM and 8 GB ROM whereas the V88 Piano has 4 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM. They use the same PCB as can be seen from the photos in these FreakTab topics:- - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rockchip-based-tv-players/rk3328-devices/681869-scishion-v88-piano-tv-box-rk3328-4gb-ram-16gb-rom-android-7-1-usb-3-0-fast-lan - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rockchip-based-tv-players/rk3328-devices/663248-scishion-v88-mini-iii-tv-box-rk3328-2-8gb-2-4-wifi-fast-lan I do not have a V88 Mini III to te…

  10. Started by Florin,

    Hi, I've tried booting into Armbian on a TX5 PRO and all i have managed up until now is to get stuck on the boot screen . Most tutorials I found are for older versions of Armbian. What i did: From here: [REMOVED LINK], i downloaded both the bionic and eoan versions, hoping a newen/older version might help. Both produced the same result. Even tried the newer RC2 version. After downloading the image, i used xzcat IMAGE | dd of=/dev/sdc to write it to a microSD card (also tried with usb stick) copied each *S905X* dtb file to the root of the same partition, and renamed them to dtb.img. None behaved any different. From the update app inside…

  11. Hi! Does anyone using GPU acceleration in S905X3? Have any tutorial?

  12. Hey I'm pretty new to this community. I have Mini M8S II which is running libreelec just fine with the stock dtb. I want to turn it into a small server with armbian but it always fails to boot. The box apparently has S905X which should "translate" into this dtb gxl_p212_2g_kvim.dtb. Libreelec refuses to boot with it but when I used older built of Coreelec it booted with gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb which should be S905 not S905X. Armbian and libreelec refuses to boot with that dtb. I've tried most of the included dtb even putting them to main directory and renaming them as dtb.img (Yes I've read that I'm supposed to change the location in config file) At this point I think …

  13. Good evening! I've bought the R69 1GB TV-Box on eBay some days ago with the plan in mind to run Armbian there. Sadly the box even dont want to start the kernel, it's stuck in U-Boot Loader when a SD is inserted: U-Boot SPL 2018.05-armbian (Jul 31 2018 - 05:08:39 +0200) DRAM: 1024 MiB Trying to boot from MMC1 And then nothing happens. I've tried couple of images. Beelink Image with Mainline and legacy Kernel, RetroOrangePi Images and so on - for now I haven't found a working one. In some other Thread someone mentioned that there are different versions of this device, and i found some Thread where someone also has trouble w…

  14. I have tried to boot following images from SD Card - Armbian_5.24_Amlogic-s905x_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_desktop_20170127 - S9xxx_4G_ICEWM_MATE_XFCE_LXDE_LXQT_20170122 Result: HDMI screen remains black. My understanding is that a dtb.img specific to T95Z Plus device must be copied to the FAT partition. I have managed to copy /dev/block/boot from T95Z Plus Android directory and renamed it to boot.img (zipped and attached to this post as boot.img.tz95plus.zip) Then I have downloaded split_bootimg.pl and used it with this boot.img ./split_bootimg.pl boot.img Page size: 2048 (0x00000800) Kernel size: 7419928 (0x00713818) Ramdisk size: 917780 (0x000e0114) …

  15. Because the device tree problem, Ethernet did not working under Armbian 4.19.x. The correct device tree as follow, this will make the T95Z Plus Ethernet working: // SPDX-License-Identifier: (GPL-2.0+ OR MIT) /* * Copyright (c) 2016 Endless Computers, Inc. * Author: Carlo Caione <carlo@endlessm.com> */ /dts-v1/; #include "meson-gxm.dtsi" #include "meson-gx-p23x-q20x.dtsi" / { compatible = "amlogic,q201", "amlogic,s912", "amlogic,meson-gxm"; model = "Amlogic Meson GXM (S912) Q201 Development Board"; }; &ethmac { phy-mode = "rgmii"; pinctrl-0 = <&eth_pins>; pinctrl-names = "default"; reg = <0x0 0xc9410000 0x0 0x10000 0…

  16. hi, i have 3 of those boxes 2gb/16gb https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32705176060.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27426c37wfGP2L all are with armbian Armbian_19.11.3_Aml-g12_bionic_legacy_5.3.0_desktop_20191126 tried to install to nand but it doesnt work i dont know what are those strange 15 partitions it creates in the nand before doing that i backuped with ddbr the original layout and datas restored it this morning and the box runs normally as android boxes if sd card armbian is not inserted if anyone is interested, pm me... it takes 15Gb.....its an img file.....

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  17. Hi, I successfuly use Armbian on a beelink TV box but I can't install it on eMMC/NAND. So running out of the SDcard will eventually end up crashing . So I'm Looking for a cheap / realiable / no hassle TV Box to replace it. So what box would you recommend, around 25$ budget, which works fine "out of the box" to install armbian When answering please tell which dtb you are using with your box. Thanks.

  18. Hi team, I want to install a 3G USB modem from Huawei exactly the e173 one in a Nexbox A95X 1/8 TVBOX, I can see the modem is on modem mode in lsusb, but I cant get work that modem. I can't see the serial ports that supposed to be in /dev/ directory, can you help me?

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 4.3k views
  19. I got a TV Box like but reprogram to work as a Point of Sales and found it way to my Local Flea Market a few months back ( before lockdown ) i got it for $1 is there any Linux OS would Work ? it a RK3328 heres some pics of 4by4.co.kr in Google https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wRtn-gJF7iCrtPDIymLXs7FXntReO3zk/view?usp=sharing

  20. Started by Steve Owe,

    Well I was using clockworkmod program for my intel/linux desktop. I did not have any luck compiling it on the tv box. Can someone recommend a cheap plan B for connecting via 4g? There are a lot of USB dongles out there and I am not sure which is going to work out smoothly. Thanks ahead of time.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.5k views
  21. Using openvfd and the recommended settings, the display on my box works for me, but I can always only see the exact time. How can I display my own content using openvfd?

  22. Started by amirul,

    https://my.banggood.com/H96-MAX-RK3566-SDRAM-8GB-DDR3-64GB-eMMC-ROM-Android-11_0-8K-UHD-TV-Box-bluetooth-4_0-5G-Wifi-1000M-LAN-H_265-VP9-4K-Decoder-Voice-Control-OTT-Box-p-1820334.html?cur_warehouse=CN&ID=47184&rmmds=search This might get me back to tinkering with TV boxes again.

  23. Started by Bozza,

    Hello everybody is there a good tutorial to compile u-boot.ext? Or are there perhaps any quality sources that already have u-boot.ext files? Thank you

  24. For all fans of writing nonsense, spam, provocative messages, piracy ads, and so on. All your posts and topics will be deleted without warning. Information for everyone. The old Amlogic kernel contain a large number of Trojans and the security system is completely destroyed, which allows all sorts of freaks and scammers to access the system with these cores. Therefore, all information about images with old Amlogic cores will be deleted without warning.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.9k views
  25. For the few that keep an eye to the Amlogic CPU Boxes i have being unable to even bootup Armbian on my X96 Max+ So i took a look around ..... To my surprise i found quite some activity on both Rockchip & Allwinner and makes me scratch my head If i am not mistaken Rockchip has done some work on providing drivers but .... The Amlogic boxes carry a far better price/performance ratio or am I wrong ? Other than that i took a quick look around and the alternatives for e.g. S905X3 are quite expensive or way too old to compete,,,,am I missing something ?

  26. Hello. I bought a A5x max with android 9.0 https://pt.geekbuying.com/item/A5X-MAX-RK3328-4GB-32GB-TV-Box-398231.html I can only boot in the combined mode (i.e. with an SD card + USB). I tried to boot to emmc doing the procedure described here However without luck so far. It didn't boot. Do I need a diferent uboot.img to be able to boot from emmc ? Is there any procedure so that I can boot from the SD card instead of the combined mode? What is the best dtb for this A5x max tv box? I was hoping this tv box would have a better performance than my rasberry pi 3b+ is that unrealistic? Sorry for my begginer questions.…

  27. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    So I have this: https://www.amazon.com/Android-Sidiwen-Processor-Bluetooth-Ethernet/dp/B07KS8J85L/ I somehow found this image Armbian_20.05.0_Rk3328-tv_buster_current_5.6.0-rc4_desktop_20200312.img that I cannot remember where I opbtained it. Anyway, I wrote it to a 32 gig SD card using win32diskimager and successfully booted into armbian on the box. Oddly it would not boot from a USB stick from any of the ports. My question is, is there a dtb for this box that has the wi-fi and Bluetooth working? A plus would be the ir and power led as well. I know this is unlikely but couldn't hurt to ask. I do not think that audio over HDMI is working but cannot…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.9k views
  28. Started by APRILE,

    I've just bought A5X max Box with RK3328 and 4Gb Ram. It seems to run the latest sw that i've found really full of stupid bugs. Anyway, the most important issue is that AMAZON PRIME VIDEO does not work at all. It seems that this is due to DRM related problem Can you suggest me any solution (if any)? Here the build Ver. 8.1.0 Latest Patch 5th july Kernel version: 4.4.120 BUILD RK3328_box-userdebug 8.1.0 OPM6.17019.040.b1 KIND REGARDS

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.3k views
  29. Started by JamesX,

    Hey guys, I bought the A5X MAX+ and the specification is rk3328, 4GB, 1GIB, usb3, android7. I tried to burn the blewing roms on my USB flash drive and SD card: Armbian_5.76_Rk3328-tv_Debian_stretch_default_4.4.154_20190306.IMG Armbian_5.96_Rk3328-tv_Debian_buster_default_4.4.154_desktop_20190911.IMG Armbian_5.96_Rk3328-tv_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.4.154_20190911.img And I tried to input the text "rk3328-a5x.dtb, rk3328-a5x-1500.dtb, rk3328-a5x-mx10.dtb, rk3328-evb.dtb" in "/extlinux/extlinux.conf", the system entered android instead of armbian which i really wanted. I followed the steps as belows: 1. Burn the SD card or USB flash drive; 2…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 3.6k views
  30. ww bought this item and we need to connect via spdif for home theater receiver but it seems there is no connections for spdif. In the unit there is spdif connections but didnt work out

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.7k views
  31. Started by Piotr Piętka,

    Hello, Is it possible to run the Armbian system on the A5X Plus MINI based on rk3328. I am looking for a place to find a matching DTB file. Can I ask for help in this matter ?? Regadrs, Piotr

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
  32. hello cracks, i own a TV Box and would like to run Armbian with PiHole and CheckMK - PiHole is running as far as i can get CheckMK for ARM Debian not installed here it seems there are many dependencies to Apache which i can't get installed i have already created a thread in the arm checkmk programming and hope for a solution https://github.com/chrisss404/check-mk-arm/issues/20 furthermore i haven't found a way to install armbian directly to the internal memory eMMc - all described instructions don't seem to work because some .sh scripts are missing or menus are not available under armbian-config Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translato…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.2k views
  33. Hello, i`ve successfully started Armbian_19.11.5_Arm-64_eoan_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200127 on my A95X F2 device with meson-g12b-odroid-n2.dtb. I know that it is not correct dtb which i should use for my box, but it is the only one that worked. If i use meson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb i get stuck on this: http:// I also have got the original android dtb file. But i dont know how to add it here.

  34. Started by Joe Flateau,

    I bought an A95X-A1 for $28 to run a fairly simple slideshow application (in chromium) for my wife for Christmas, unfortunately, it's showing some significant screen tearing (at 1080p and 720p). I tried enabling vsync on the framebuffer in /boot/hdmi.sh but no luck... any hints/tips? Specifically, it's running Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20171208 off of an SD card.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.2k views
  35. Started by dermaik,

    Hi, it is possible to flash the ABOX A1 Max with linux? So far I have tried some dtbs, but the boot process aborts when loading the desktop. thanks a lot Maik

  36. Hi, I am working on support for running Armbian on the RKM MK39 (based on the Rockchip RK3399 SOC) Strange issue with uboot and I'm wondering if others had encountered the same thing on other RK3399 devices with eMMC I have successfully compiled the kernel and uboot from Rockchips SDK at http://opensource.rock-chips.com/wiki_Linux_user_guide Uboot loads but thats it, it seems like it can't find the kernel on my eMMC. Here's what happens on the serial console: Any ideas?? Spoiler U-Boot 2017.09-01593-gd80d7b5 (Jun 19 2018 - 14:39:51 +0800) …

  37. Started by Gökhan Demir,

    How to install ubuntu operating system. http://www.airties.com.tr/products/stb/Air7200I

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.6k views
  38. Started by boycelee,

    Hi,anybody here got one of these or know anything about them please ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.6k views
  39. This is a quick notes post for people that want to setup Armbian on AlfaWise H96 Pro+ eMMC and use it as a Headless Server for Docker Microservices Thanks to @balbes150 @guidol and @Jeycop and all the awsome people of this forum Tech stack used Armbian - Java 8 - Docker - Spring Framework/Boot 2.0 - Node Js - Aurelia Freamework Download Files - Android firmware (Optional, required in case of revert from eMMC flash) - New H96 Pro Plus 7.1.2 firmware download By EBox - Armbian Version Armbian_5.41_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_server_20180305.img …

    • Reputation Points

    • 18 replies
    • 20.6k views
  40. Started by Raul Ap,

    Hello Guys, I bought this box 2 years ago and practicaly never used. After home cleaning found it and fought "if it run Android, it can run any Linux". I alredy have RBpi B3+ and with this TV Box now I could have a small open source data center and practice with ngnx, MariaDB, Postgree, MySQL, NodeJS, PHP, Python etc. After research I found this web, and liked Armbian idea. Issues: 1. This box looks identical to MXQ-4K, however the image did not work. When I opened it, the procesor was Allwinner H3, PCB is AK-H3-MXQ4K-V1.1 (https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/GUANZHI_Android_TV_BOX_H3) 2. I have many SD/microSD (brand and non brand…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 5.6k views
  41. Started by Donnovan Machado,

    Hello everyone, I have a TV Box (as you can see in the photo) and I want to put Linux on it. But I'm having a problem finding a compatible image. The model is from Allwinner H3. And when I go to configure it to place the image, it is starting directly on the tvBox.

  42. Hello. I have successfully booted Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.035_Aw-h6-tv_buster_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200204 on to R TV Box X10 Plus and have docker and Home assistant running at about 25% load. I would like to move it from SD card to emmc but when I issue the nand-sata-install command in a terminal window, it reports command not found and lists special scripts for many setups, but not the H6. I also cannot access the usb3 port, which I think is a device tree issue, I believe the proper dtb needs to be loaded but I don't know where to find it or how to install it.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.8k views
  43. Started by rafaelSorel,

    Hello, I am trying to control volume Up/Down and mute through alsamixer with no success. When launching alsamixer the only changable device is DAC Digital, but actually it does not change anything, the volume remains at "56" and won't change. It is almost not possible to control volume through alsamixer or amixer command line. The only control I have found is the mute/unmute through /sys/class/amaudio but not the volume level ! It is the case for all armbian (debian, ubuntu) servers packages. I think some thing goes wrong... Any help or hint would be appreciated. Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.9k views
  44. Started by Petee,

    Settled here on using the AmiLogic S912 for my KODI boxes replacing the current Aopen Digital Engines. Purchased another AmiLogic S912 here to be utilized as a headless automation server running: 1 - Mono 2 - Homeseer 3 3 - Home Assistant - docker 4 - Node Red 5 - MQTT (and be a Mosquitto Server). Note mini automation server started with an RPi (years ago), MiniCube (dual AMD) then a Pine64 (currently running with Armbian). Moving this one to the Leviton Media panel. Looking to modify hardware a bit adding a RTC with battery. I have modded a few non RTC tabletop tablets and OpenWRT routers…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.7k views
  45. Started by StacherFox,

    Hi, I'm using balbes image for my S905W and I'm not getting hardware video acceleration to work. I tried many versions but none worked. Can somebody help me? Do I need to enable something?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  46. Started by Taufan,

    How can i turn on wifi on armnian 5.89 ubuntu bionic default 5.1.0 dekstop

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  47. Started by gcsuri,

    Hi, I have just made some decode test on my amlogic boxes. The result is strange because I got performance decrease on S905X board vs. S905 Does it have weaker VPU? The test was made with 150balbes kernel version 5.0.2+ and ffmpeg 4.1.3 v4lm2m hw decoder.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.6k views
  48. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Considering that this is all community supported as always, Is Armbian nowadays in a better shape on Amlogic or Rockchip tv boxes?

  49. Don't know if this is the correct section, but I couldn't find any info. Googling is confusing since this is aarch64 not x86 Linux ! Inquiries are for generic TV boxes, presumably by @balbes150 1. Does any Armbian distro allow playing videogames including retro? ( Steam now has Retroarch in beta.) b. Can Retro games be installed/run on these S905 tv boxes? 2. Given that Steam Remote Play and Parsec are screen sharing packages, is it possible to stream server installed games to Armbian TV client boxes? 3. How about installing Steam Link/ Proton and/or Lutris? Above are available on Ubuntu Gamepack…

  50. Hi guys, I hava just installed Amlogic into TX3 mini, but dont have sound. I tried some versions (Armbian_20.09_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.8.7.img.xz, Armbian_20.05.0_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.6.0-rc4_desktop_20200314.img.xz, Armbian_5.77_Aml-s905_Ubuntu_bionic_default_5.0.2_20190401.img.xz), but no sound for all of those versions. Could you please help me ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.6k views
  51. I'd like to do hardware-accelerated H.264 encoding on TX3 Mini. I compiled latest Armbian with kernel 5.1.0, however it is not working, when I try to use a h264_v4l2m2m encoder, I get this error: [h264_v4l2m2m @ 0xaaaae3bb2a20] driver 'meson-vdec' on card 'Amlogic Video Decoder' [h264_v4l2m2m @ 0xaaaae3bb2a20] Could not find a valid device [h264_v4l2m2m @ 0xaaaae3bb2a20] can't configure encoder On lsmod, I only see amlogic-vdec, not venc[oder]...

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 11.5k views
  52. Started by Eddy_T,

    Hello to all I am trying my best to install Armbian ubuntu server on the above described Android TV box and cannot succeed. has some one been able to make this work? Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

  53. Started by broose,

    Hi im really don't have much knowledge when it comes to stuff like this so please be patient with me. I am trying to setup several Amlogic tv boxes with armbian for my kids to use but I don't seen to be having any success in getting any of the to boot into armbian from the sd card. I have several boxes that are either s905w or s912 but I cant seem to get any to work so I must be doing something wrong. I have followed several instruction videos and tutorials but there are a few things I just don't get. so I have downloaded this file Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.037_Aml-s9xxx_buster_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200205 and written it to the sd card fine, next is the dtb file part, I …

  54. Hi Guys, Android TV Box cs968 Rockchip 3188, Is It Possible to replace the Native Adroid O/S become pure Linux O/S like this Armbian ? I've google many times and find no answers yet ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.6k views
  55. Started by dirtyduzit,

    Ive been wanting to try putting linux on a cheap android box I got (TX3 Pro) that just collects dust now so I wanted to try out one of the downloads you guys have here but the official "Yandex Disk" download link won't work for me it downloads really slow and after about an hour it always fails. Are there any mirrors up? I was hoping to try the Ubuntu version but I'm just experimenting so would try and available downloads I could get.

  56. Started by rossbcan,

    Tanix TX92 Wife tired of looking at "boot" Would appreciate instructions how to integrate https://github.com/arthur-liberman/linux_openvfd/tree/master/driver either using Build-Armbian or target compile. armbian-config install kernel headers not working... Thanks; Bill

  57. Hi all, I know this is a bit of a long shot given the age of the hardware, but I’m wondering if anyone here has ever experimented with running Armbian on an EVPad 2S (the old Android TV box). I’ve been tinkering with some older devices and thought it might be interesting to see if this one can be repurposed. I’ve attached a screenshot of the system info - unfortunately, it’s pretty sparse. The box is running Android 4.4.2 with kernel version 3.4.39, but the processor type is listed as “UNKNOWN,” and I haven’t found much documentation on the chipset or board layout. so before I dive deeper I wanted to ask: Has anyone managed to get Armbian (or…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  58. Started by Oskar Erick Gelvez,

    Good afternoon. I want to install Armbian on a Galileo MYF tablet with an ARM Cortex-A9 1.2GHz processor. Is it possible to do it through the microSD or should I use the UART of the microphone port? thank you

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 4.7k views
  59. Googling this question leads to a lot of chromebooks with 8-12 hours of battery life at a cheap price range, and a few Windows/Qualcom Snapdragon laptops with 24 hours of battery life but much more expensive. I would love to see a linux or chromebook laptop with 24 hours of battery life at a reasonable price point but am perhaps not doing a good search. Would any of you know of a really long lasting ARM-based laptop at a reasonable price point?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.8k views
  60. Started by Eddy_T,

    Hello to all; These are VERY exciting days for me as I installed ARMBIAN 5.37 on my s-805 MXQ box and its running beautiful! Thanks for all that made it happen. There is but one issue where I need some help: Running ARMBIAN 5.37 user-built Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS 3.10.99, the system is unable to find my wifi adapter. Any help in how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Eddy_T, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

  61. Hello, i'm using wvdial in order to connect my box to the internet which brings up the ppp0 interface, but when i try to ping an external host i get packet filtered. i was wondering which kind of rule should i set. Also i noticed that issuing sudo service networking restart wasn't enought after i edited /etc/network/interfaces in order to connect to the internet, instead a full reboot was needed. which comand should i use in this case?

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 4k views
  62. I tried some steps. 1. The image is Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_server_20180209.img.xz 2, The arm box is Amlogic S905X 2+16 emmc. 3. Printf the save.log when run "ddbr" and "./install.sh". 4. It no boot when run reboot, see reboot.log. 5. I don't how to save the image to emmc,no boot from TFcard. save.log ******************************************* Done copy ROOTFS ******************************************* Writing new kernel image... 65536+0 records in 65536+0 records out 33554432 bytes (34 MB, 32 MiB) copied, 0.828127 s, 40.5 MB/s /dev/boot: no Android Magic Value /dev/boot: not a valid Android Boo…

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 5.4k views
  63. Hello @all. I Have a Nexbox A95X With 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM. Also it has a AP6330 Wifi Chip. What I want to achive, is to have a running Server, as a private Git-Server. I Used a Gog-Server on a Raspberry Zero W, but i wanted to see if I can get a Gitlab to run, and maybe more Server thingies like Webservers etc. I used the Premade "Armbian_20.05.0_Arm-64_buster_current_5.6.0-rc4_desktop_20200320" and got it working. I had to set in the "uEnv.txt" following DTB: # aml s9xxx FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905x-nexbox-a95x.dtb APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 …

  64. Started by MrCoolAndroid,

    Hey guys! I have a S905W box, I flashed Armbian on a USB, before it worked fine, no problems, the box bricked cuz I installed Armbian unintentionally, I unbricked it then now with this firmware it doesn't boot, it goes straight to Android. I was trying to find the original firmware but no luck, is there anyway to make it boot?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  65. Hello. I'm running Armbian on a Ugoos AM3 TV box. I downloaded the Armbian_26.05.0_amlogic_s912_bookworm_6.18.20_server_2026.04.01.img.gz image from https://github.com/ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian/releases/download/Armbian_bookworm_arm64_server_2026.04/ Armbian_26.05.0_amlogic_s912_bookworm_6.18.20_server_2026.04.01.img.gz I'm using an 8GB USB flash drive. I formatted the flash drive to FAT32. I burned the image to the flash drive using Win32 Disk Imager. After burning the image, I found the u-boot-s905x-s912.bin file in the root directory of the flash drive and renamed it to u-boot.ext. In the /dtb/amlogic/ directory, I found the meson-gxm-ugoos-am3.dtb f…

  66. Started by jongerenchaos,

    Is there a way to add the MXQ box to the armbian supported OS's with nand support? This is a similiar device as the S805 ODROID device and the difference is only that this device has also a nand storage on it.

  67. Information in this topic is very outdated see this topic.

  68. Started by admin_from_Mars,

    I have a problem. I try to boot "Armbian_5.67_Aml-s9xxx_Debian_stretch_default_4.19.7_20181228.img.xz" on a S905L 3B TV box, the ditb file use the default one (it works for S905L). I use a TTL to USB device to check signal, and it started to login stage. However, the LAN port and HDMI port seem not work, as I can' t use SSH to connect to Armbian and I can't see any thing on the screen. So I guess maybe the dtb file is not suitable, and there may not be a suitable dtb for S905L3B. Could I modfiy a dtb file based on the S905L dtb file and the dtb file from the Andriod system in the S905L 3B TV box?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 10.1k views
  69. Started by Sergey2k,

    I try to use image Armbian_19.11.3_Aml-g12_bionic_legacy_5.3.0_desktop_20191126.img for device with S905X3. TV box is called X96 Air. Unfortunately, I can't make multi boot. I've got error: -- Install /udisk/aml_autoscript.zip ... Verifying update package... E:footer is wrong Update package verification took 0.1 s (result 1). E:Signature verification failed E:error: 21 Installation aborted. How I can do it?

  70. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Hi, First I want to say thanks for this amazing project. Also English is not my native language, so please excuse me for misspell Last week I received my shiny new Beelink GT1 with Amlogic S912 CPU. And now I have a itching in my hands to break it. So I forked @150balbes repo and start messing with it. Dowloaded original firmware from here: https://mega.nz/#F!bIVGFaKY!Om3XTxlHmjPB4x2_jukFYw Extracted original device tree and kernel config (attached below) and after little tuning I was able to build a Ubuntu 16.04 CLI image (only build, not tested) I use a LibreELEC linux-amlogic repo. But there …

  71. Information in this topic is very outdated see this topic. The start system in Coreelec is not compatible with LibreELECE Armbian etc. If you run coreelec on your TV box, you will no longer be able to run LE and Armbian normally until the full recovery of the standard firmware via the USB Burn Tool and the new activation of the universal multi-boot, which is used in all new systems. The new version 5.55 of images. In this version, images with a single DE (XFCE) and a server in composition are as close as possible to the official versions. Version with a Mate and Icewm will probably be later and the gathe…

  72. Started by jewlz,

    Hello all, I have a box with a S905x that I've been able to get to boot using @balbes150 image: Armbian_5.71_Aml-s9xxx_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.20.2_20190118.img Which I found at https://yadi.sk/d/pHxaRAs-tZiei Everything works (as far as I know) except for the WIFI. I cracked the device open and have identified the wifi chip as S9082C. I've done a fair bit of searching on the web and in the forums and I've found people having issues with this wifi module, but no solutions. I have also tried installing LibreELEC and found that it recognises and uses the wifi right from the start. I tried copying the dtb.…

  73. Started by ikbel,

    Hi, I have purchased The Magicsee N6 Max android box, and I was trying to put armbian on it. Where can I find the steps needed for this? Is there any prebuilt images I can use? I tried to use https://github.com/rockchip-linux/tools/tree/master/linux/Linux_Upgrade_Tool with an SD card but I wasn't following any steps so now the boards doesn't boot anymore. Thanks

  74. Started by clarkss12,

    Any projections on when there will be Armbian Linux for these new boxes running the new Amlogic S905X3?

  75. Started by Philip Dias,

    hello have an old s812 box I was going to trash. I came across this forum. Its an m8s device with a m8_v8 motherboard, s812 cpu, and 1gb of ram. i went through this post @ https://forum.armbian.com/topic/3023-armbian-for-amlogic-s802s812/ I think it is a clone with a m8v8 motherboard. I can't figure out which one is the otg port of the two usb ports, or if i need to jump a resistor on that port by the usb port, etc. Amlogic flasher will not find it on a usb 2 or 3 port on ym pc. Basically I want to load whatever version of armbian that works, and install pi hole, the dns sink hole) and a script to keep the logs i…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.1k views
  76. Started by balbes150,

    To start the system enough to download, unzip, burn the image to the SD card. Connect the SD card to the EDGE and turn the power on. The system starts automatically. Details on the initial setup of the running system can be found in these topics. https://yadi.sk/d/ie_dx5x_w2xUIQ https://mega.nz/#F!n1hihSKT!8kYublAPG4RtwSIBihOkVg

  77. Started by Duc,

    specs: hi3798 ram 1g rom 4g sd/usb boot or emmc boot any help appreciated

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 642 views
  78. On this forum I read that for my device TXZ_A 20_V0.9 (Allwinner A20) are suitable firmware that are designed for CubieBoard2, I downloaded http://dl.cubieboard.org/software/a20-cubieboard/debian/nand/debian-nand.img.gz, recorded the image to the SD card using PhoenixCard. I inserted SD card in my device and the firmware was successfully installed and works fine on my device. I wanted to install Arabian for Cubieboard2 on my device, but the image https://dl.armbian.com/cubieboard2/Buster_current is not compatible with PhoenixCard (PhoenixCard gives an error message " Script NOT found! Please use new version image!"). Only images designed for PhoenixCard work fo…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.5k views
  79. Started by Da Alchemist,

    Some Time ago I bought a cheap Z28 TV Box fromGearbest for 27€. I was curious about this chip after I saw a Picture of the Rock64 here on Armbian. When I first connected the Box it only comes up with 720p Resolution, far away from 4K at all. Some other things happened, Rock64 was send to Devs and Developement seems to become more and more Stable, so it tried to check Ayufans Android Image on this Box. I got me the Android Tools and flashed the Image to the box on a Windows Machine . Adroid came up without Network, (as expected) but seeing this Image Booting made me thnking of trying the a Desktop Image on this Box. The Android Image can be flashed via An…

    • Reputation Points

    • 140 replies
    • 83.6k views
  80. I've been planning to try out Armbian on my MXQ Pro 4K 5G (2/16GB) which has Allwinner H3 and originally runs a rooted version of Android 7.1.2. My TV box had an issue recently and I had to flash the firmware for Sunvell R69 to it (no original firmware files found just yet), everything works except Wi-Fi and improper RAM and ROM readings (1/8GB). I've read that there was an official support for Beelink X2 before. Since I do have an Allwinner H3, I decided to give Armbian a try. I've searched for the firmware online, but all my youtube/google searches results leads to https://www.armbian.com/beelinkx2/ which appears to not host the file anymore. Clicking either Armbian Bio…

  81. Hi Team, I am psyched to utilized my IPTV box that has been laying around for a while unused. I am looking for right instructions with compatible OS image for it. Pleasepoint me to the right thread that covers this topic and mentions the pre=requisites. Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4.8k views
  82. I remember some body on this forum was able to successfully install Armbian on the H96 colorfull edition with custom boot loader. Starting this topic so people with knowledge can write and share the steps and required files.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  83. Hello community, I wonder how Armbian could run on this (now dirt cheap*) Mecool M8S Plus W Android 7.1 TV Box (Amlogic 905W) which doesn't have a microSD card slot or even ethernet. *Did I say dirt cheap? Around $18 shipped for the 2GB/16GB RAM/ROM sounds cheap - doesn't it? See here for more information: https://www.cnx-software.com/2020/01/22/mecool-m8s-plus-w-tv-box-sells-for-less-than-15-promo/

  84. Started by stonetv,

    Looks like an interrupt was encountered during startup.This is the TTL startup log. reading u-boot.ext 650183 bytes read in 376 ms (1.6 MiB/s) ## Starting application at 0x01000000 ... [BL31]: tee size: 0 [BL31]: tee size: 0 [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [0x410fd034] [ 0.000000] Linux version 5.9.0-arm-64 (root@vbox) (aarch64-none-linux-gnu-gcc (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 9.2-2019.12 (arm-9.10)) 9.2.1 20191025, GNU ld (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 9.2-2019.12 (arm-9.10)) 2.33.1.20191209) #20.10 SMP PREEMPT Wed Oct 14 12:04:42 MSK 2020 [ 0.000000] Machine model: Amlogic Meson GXL …

  85. Started by xoodoo,

    http://www.cloudnetgo.com/productinfo/138177.html Which of the supported boards can this device be compatible with? Can any of the supported configurations be used to build a kernel for this device ?

  86. Started by xoodoo,

    CloudnetGo CR19 (http://www.cloudnetgo.com/productinfo/138177.html) Has anyone dealt with this device? Is it possible to install Armbian on it? Which of the supported boards can this device be compatible with? Can any of the supported build configurations be used for this device? Or is it possible to install any of the prebuilt assemblies?

  87. Started by napo7,

    Hi I managed to get armbian on my Amlogic S905W device. I'd like to run the whole root fs on an external usb device (ssd). I know how to format it to ext4, mount it, but I can't manage to boot linux on it : I tried to modify the /etc/fstab file, but it seems that it's not the good place ? Perhaps a file in /boot ?

  88. Started by TripleR,

    Hello I am new at the forum. My english is not good but i can understand all :) I have a Magicsse n5 android box (S905X) and i like to install Armbian on it (on a micro sd card) I have done everything in the manual but I'm only assigned to the user and assigned root and then linux should start. But it does not do it, it only flashes in the top left of an arrow. I tried it with this file "meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb" but it does not work .... Do you have any idea why it is not working? Thank you :)

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.9k views
  89. Started by rbiam57,

    Can armbian run on MINIX NEO U9-H? U9-H Specs CPU: AArch64 Processor rev 4 (aarch64) Hardware: Amlogic GPU: Mali-T820 OpenGL vendor: ARM OpenGL version: OpenGL ES 3.2 v1.r11po OS: Android Version 6.0.1 API: Level 23 Kernel: Linux 3.14.29 Build U9-H FW007A 20171020 If it is possible, please instruct me on how it is done... Thanks, rbiam57

    • Reputation Points

    • 23 replies
    • 14.4k views
  90. Hello experts! Yet another person asking for help! (YAPAFH) I have made a purchase of a very cheap Android box with the sole intention of running Armbian on these boxes. I have purchased 3 of them. To my surprise I couldn't find the SD card slot, so opening it up I see the SD card slot is missing, but the footprint is on the board, and looks like the related components were not placed. Is there any point in trying to get Armbian working on this box? Can I load via USB? (with no SD card initially) Thank you in advance for your time! SirRedZ

  91. Started by Hemin,

    Hello, I have troubles tryng to boot with the last armbian 20.10 buster with my s905w box, and I think may be the problem is on this "The start system in Coreelec is not compatible with LibreELECE Armbian etc.". I boot form Emuelec (not corelec) without any problem. Maybe Emuelec=Corelec boot so I can't boot from armbian? Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.6k views
  92. Hi to all, I recently purchased a COOLEME brand tvbox (but internally is marked W95T) with S905W, 2GB / 16GB of memory. The wifi chip is SV6051P. I tried to install ARMBIAN Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_server_20180203.img and it works all very well except WIFI. I tried several DTBs, both gxl212 and gxl281, I also tried to modify them but I could not make the WIFI work. I saw that in the folder / lib / firmware there is a subfolder SSV6051 that contains a .bin file and a .cfg but I have no idea how to load them. Among other things I tried to install LibreElec and the wifi in that case works ... But I'm interested in Linux because I intend to use t…

  93. Started by amirul,

    https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_1667603.html RK3399 4GB ram Anyone had any luck running Armbian on this?

  94. Started by flm,

    Hello. I have victsing vitv-2 android tv box based on rk3368 processor. I want to try to install some sort of linux on it. So, my question is: is there any chance armbian will support this processor? I see some other rk32*/rk33* are supported...

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 13.8k views
  95. Hi, I have build my own RK322x - Armbian Kernel (legacy) for RK3229 Respeaker, because the standard armbian configuration for rk322x doesnt boot (kernel pancic). The respeaker isnt a TV Box, but a smart speaker device from seeed studios https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/ReSpeaker_Core_v2.0/ Thats why I'm using the patches from respeaker source builder https://github.com/respeaker/source_builder Armbian boots now successfully from sd card. I've got 2 problems and maybe somebody can help me with this. 1) Wifi The Respeaker uses ap6212. It needs a proprietary firmware, which armbian holds in /lib/firmware. Bu…

  96. Started by f3r1,

    i have stb with s905x , ram 2gb with essencore brand, 8gb emmc essencore. after install armbian with mason_gxl_p212.dtb it boot fine. the problem is system only can use 1gb at max and the system start to unresponsive. while the free -m still see available 800mb free. how to make the system can use all available ram?

  97. Hello, everyone! I have an S905M device (Sumavision Q5, RAM:1G, ROM:8G), I made a bootable USB with an Armbian image( ARMBIAN 5.44 user-built Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS 3.14.29, use gxbb_p201.dtb file ) . I want to use "ddbr" then “b” to make a backup of the EMMC. However, root@SumavisionQ5:~# ddbr DO YOU WANT TO BACKUP OR RESTORE ? BACKUP=(b) RESTORE=(r) b UNABLE TO FIND ANY EMMC OR SD DRIVES ON THIS SYSTEM!!! then I use command "lsblk", I found all partitions(cache, params, ... , data) of the internal storage (8G ROM) for andriod system are treated as seperated disks as shown below: root@SumavisionQ5:~# lsb…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 5k views
  98. Started by chessplayer,

    Hi guys, I was wondering whether the image for, e.g., the Rock64 can be expected to work also on a TV-Box with RK3328 chipset, for example this one? Cheers, chessplayer

  99. Started by heimlich,

    Hi, I own a mxq pro 4k 2gb ram, 16 gb emmc. Yesterday evenning i installed armbian on it. Linux amlogic 3.14.29 #150 SMP PREEMPT Tue Dec 26 16:55:23 MSK 2017 aarch64 GNU/Linux On sd it was ok only with mxq_s905.dtb file, so i writted on emmc But this evening my box is very slow, long time to have an answer on ssh terminal. I tried to reboot... with TOP cpu is 2% charged/occupied...nothing what should i checked? Thanks A frenchie

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.