Radxa Rock 5B
51 topics in this forum
-
Hello, I tired to boot Armbian for my Rock5b but whatever image I choose to use, I'm never able to get past U-boot into linux when looking at the Uart output. Here are the log I get: ``` U-Boot SPL board init U-Boot SPL 2017.09-gd1cf49135ee-220414-dirty #stephen (May 23 2024 - 19:39:28) Trying to boot from MMC2 GUID Partition Table Entry Array CRC is wrong: 0x71678773 != 0xab54d286 part_get_info_efi: *** ERROR: Invalid GPT *** part_get_info_efi: *** Using Backup GPT *** spl: partition error Trying fit image at 0x4000 sector ## Verified-boot: 0 ## Checking atf-1 0x00040000 ... sha256(7612223b82...) + OK ## Checking uboot 0x00200000 ..…
-
Reputation Points
- 29 replies
- 6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
FYI latest image for rock 5B+ in downloads section is broken (Armbian_25.5.1_Rock-5b-plus_noble_vendor_6.1.115_gnome_desktop) Wont boot at all, previous 25.2.2 images works fine.
-
Reputation Points
- 16 replies
- 10.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have an interesting discovery that smells suspiciously like a kernel bug. I find it easiest to see this bug by running btop which shows a historical per core cpu usage graph so it's easy to see when one stops being used. You can see the same thing in ordinary top but it's less easy to see than with btop. I have a Radxa Rock 5B with an RK3588 chip that I have been stress testing to make sure the hardware is OK before I start to use it in anger. As part of that I ran `openssl speed -multi 8` to spin up 8 threads using 100% cpu each. On all other machines that I've ever done that with it runs all X cores at 100% until it runs out of tests or is Ctrl-C'ed. Watch…
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
I Installed this image and it works fine. Sadly the build in WiFi module is not working. I now use an external wifi dongle. What could be the problem here? Ernst-Jan
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I've recently bought a rock 5B plus. I have a brand new crucial P310 nvme 1TB with the goal to boot from it. As the title says, sometimes the nvme drive is properly detected, sometimes not. (Everytime the controller is visible in lspci, but only sometimes shows in lsblk). When the drive is properly detected, I can write to it and it works fine, without issues. I've noticed that it is more likely to be detected on a cold boot (ie. if I turn off the power and come back the next day, the first time it will probably show up). I have the official radxa 65w PD power adapter (although I've also tried a lot more during the proc…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 7.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
root@calypso:~# uname -a Linux calypso 6.12.0-current-rockchip-rk3588 #3 SMP PREEMPT Sun Nov 17 22:15:08 UTC 2024 aarch64 GNU/Linux cat /proc/asound/cards 0 [Audio ]: USB-Audio - USB Audio Bluetrum USB Audio at usb-xhci-hcd.1.auto-1, full speed 1 [rk3588es8316 ]: rk3588-es8316 - rk3588-es8316 rk3588-es8316 HDMI itself works perfect, monitor and cable tested for video and sound OK Both audio cards work with alsa - pulseaudio but no HDMI sound. Any suggestions how tho get the hdmi audio cards for HDMI0 and HDMI1 How to enable the HDMI sound driver? Thanks…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 7.3k views
-
-
I am using :- [ Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble)](https://dl.armbian.com/rock-5b-plus/Noble_vendor_server) from :- [Radxa Rock 5B Plus - Armbian](https://www.armbian.com/rock-5b-plus/) Trying to turn fan on on Radxa Rock 5B+ selecting the device using armbian-config actually makes it disappear I am getting `line 3: echo: write error:Device or resource busy`
-
I am Running Armbian 24.5.1 Jammy with Linux 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx on Radxa Rock5b (and it works great!!) when running sudo apt dist-upgrade or sudo apt upgrade I get Die folgenden Pakete sind zurückgehalten worden: armbian-bsp-cli-rock-5b " Packages retained" apt list --installed | grep armbian-bsp-cli-rock-5b gives: armbian-bsp-cli-rock-5b-legacy/jammy,now 24.5.1 arm64 [installiert] armbian-bsp-cli-rock-5b/jammy,now 24.5.1 arm64 [Installiert,aktualisierbar auf: 25.5.1] ## installed, can be updated can/shall I force the the use of "armbian-bsp-cli-rock-5b/jammy,now 24.5.1 arm64 [Installiert,aktualisierbar auf: 25.5.…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 4.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hiya, I am currently trying to setup some ROCK 5B boards as runners and as I install the latest Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble) from here https://www.armbian.com/rock-5b/ it seems to get to where I configure my user etc, then on the next boot it gets stuck at kernal. So I guess before I go through trial and error , is there a recognised most stable build that can be relaibly flashed people would recommend, I found the Rock provided Debian and KDE Plasma to be very buggy and just kept locking up on me so something with Gnome would be cool for now , but will probably move to headless much further down the line. Amazing community reading the messages so far so thank y…
-
The code being compiled is the latest mainline. My compile command: ./compile.sh build BOARD=rock-5b BRANCH=vendor BUILD_DESKTOP=yes BUILD_MINIMAL=no DESKTOP_APPGROUPS_SELECTED= DESKTOP_ENVIRONMENT=gnome DESKTOP_ENVIRONMENT_CONFIG_NAME=config_base KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=noble ENABLE_EXTENSIONS=mesa-vpu It has not been compiled successfully and is stuck here. I am in China and have used a VPN. Sometimes it compiles successfully, but after installation, the 3D acceleration feature is not detected. In the GNOME settings, it shows as LLVM software rendering. Installing 3D extension packages [ mesa-vpu ] [🚸] WARNING: SDCARD /var/cache/a…
-
Why does HDMI Audio work on Debian 12 Bookworm 6.1 version and not on Debian 12 Bookworm 6.12? I have updated to latest version and still no HDMI audio. Is there a patch or something i can do to fix this?
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, I'm facing an issue with Armbian installation on Rock 5B Plus. Hardware Board: Radxa ROCK 5B+ (RK3588) Storage: NVMe #1 (system): 256 GB, in M.2 slot 1 NVMe #2 (backup): 128 GB, in M.2 slot 2 Boot: MTD flash + NVMe Power supply: both POE+ HAT 25W and official power supply 30W Software Armbian: 25.11.2 Desktop ubuntu Kernel: 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx Boot configured via armbian-install → “Boot from MTD Flash, system on NVMe” Initial install steps Wrote Armbian image to microSD and booted from SD. Used armbian-install to install: Boot from MTD Flash, system o…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, How do enable I2C on pins 3,5 of the GPIO header? I need to enable I2C7_M3. How to enable spidev.0 on SPI0_M2? All these overlays are missing... Thank you, Errol
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all! I have a radxa rock 5b (8GB, not the plus version) and am running armbian (bookworm) on it. The kernel version (uname -r) reports as 6.12.32-current-rockchip64. By and large almost everything seems to be working - video playback in VLC is fine, 3d acceleration is working (I get around 58-60fps in the game 'torcs' as an example). The only thing I can't seem to get working (and can't find much about it) is the hdmi input. I see some five devices listed in dev (from /dev/video0 to /dev/video4) although none of these seem to relate to the hdmi input. Does the hdmi input work on the 5b under armbian at all? thanks …
-
On the ROCK 5B+, I am getting the following error at boot [ 12.361648] cfg80211: Loading compiled-in X.509 certificates for regulatory database [ 12.389297] cfg80211: Loaded X.509 cert 'sforshee: 00b28ddf47aef9cea7' [ 12.390688] cfg80211: Loaded X.509 cert 'wens: 61c038651aabdcf94bd0ac7ff06c7248db18c600' [ 12.392699] cfg80211: loaded regulatory.db is malformed or signature is missing/invalid I believe this is the cause of being unable to set the regulatory region for WiFi. Running sudo iw reg get returns global country 00: DFS-UNSET even after running sudo iw reg set GB
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The issue is related with FriendlyElec NanoPC T6 LTS (platinum support) but there were no separate category. The SoC was merged to mainstream kernel in 6.7 version. It is properly recognized and a module is loaded but there is an issue with loading a firmware: root@nanopct6-lts:~# dmesg | grep -i bluetooth [ 9.068631] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.22 [ 9.069414] NET: Registered PF_BLUETOOTH protocol family [ 9.069422] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized [ 9.069435] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized [ 9.069442] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized [ 9.069458] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized [ 9.251768] bluetooth…
-
Hi All I'm trying to use a microphone using the audiojack connector but without any success. Any help around that? I tried to search in the forum but didn't find any useful information regarding Radxa 5B Plus Thanks Erez
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am using the M.2 connector on the Radxa Rock 5B+ board to connect an LTE module (EM7455). According to the datasheet and engineers, this M.2 slot is connected to the board via a USB hub (USB 2.0). When using the official Radxa OS, I can successfully detect the module under lsusb, the necessary kernel modules load correctly, ModemManager recognizes the modem, and I can establish an internet connection. However, on Armbian, I am experiencing a strange issue. The device does not consistently appear under lsusb; instead, the logs show that it keeps connecting and disconnecting in an endless loop. I am unsure of the root cause and how I can gather more detailed log…
-
Hi all! I am entirely new to Armbian. I see Radxa's Rock5B RK3588 based SBC is suppored and its Armbian page is https://www.armbian.com/rock-5b/ . Can you give me a small crash course on your experience with Armbian on the Radxa Rock5B? If you have an idea of any of the points I raise below, please share. 1. Super stable? Generally to use and to upgrade Armbian, how stable has it been to you? 2. Which image should I pick? I see both Debian and Ubunto are offered. I'll pick Debian. Then there are "Desktop", "Server" and "Minimal/IOT"and "Dedicated applications" images, and some are listed …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, currently on Rock5B running Armbian 24, I am not seeing the U-Boot output logs during UART debugging. Where in the source code can I enable this? Thank you.
-
Hi rock5b user 🙂 My sbc hangs after 8-14 hours on the network. no ping from inside or outside works # ip link - show eth0 up after the commands ip link set eth0 down ip link set eth0 up - the network worgs again, https://paste.armbian.com/tiqabekoje - any hints for this issue?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, i think the rpm setting-step's of the onboard fan is to low. - how can this be adjusted? SBC: Rock5b
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2k views
-
-
hi running Armbian 25.2.3 stable 6.1.99-vendor-rk35xx (Ubuntu noble) having to change audio every time on reboot (not sticking after selecting),and maybe not showing as they should ,currently using HDMI 0 but shows as below:
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
Hi, I have tried Rock 5b images with Kernel 6.8.10. Any of image I've tested will not start. No LED flashing, no HDMI signal.. nothing. The others with Kernel 6.1.43 starts fine.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I've installed Armbian_24.5.1_Rock-5b_bookworm_vendor_6.1.43_cinnamon_desktop.img on my Rock 5b and when I have tried to do apt update get error message with armbian.com url. (timeout error) I did all necessary and now it work fine. But for dev info, there is some problem probably with all Stable images.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
mar 22 2026 build. system seems to boot up, lights on, fans on at boot but no hdmi output
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, my development board is Rock5B, and I am using the Armbian system for a recent project. I have already compiled the firmware in the armbian/build/ directory, and the device starts up normally. I want to modify and customize my U-Boot and kernel. After compiling Armbian, I would like to recompile U-Boot or the kernel in the armbian/build/cache/sources directory. Are there any commands to rebuild U-Boot and the kernel?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Downloaded Debian 13 (Trixie)Minimal / IOT kernel 6.18 onto SD and had it working 24/7 for about 2-3 days with no problems. I selected the option to copy the content of the SD card to an NVME, updated the MTD flash and set it as first boot option and now the device wont boot from nvme, SD or USB. How can I recover the unit?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
hey all, I have been running three Rock 5B+ for some time now with Proxmox arm port, and last night I did a kernel update to the latest, and now all three SBC are running extremely slow, PVE does not load, and there are a bunch of system errors (see below). I tried going back to an older kernel, but the same errors remain. any thoughts? Aug 18 07:13:00 PMOX2 kernel: rk806 spi2.0: no dvs-setting pinctrl state Aug 18 07:13:00 PMOX2 kernel: cpu cpu0: Failed to get specification_serial_number Aug 18 07:13:00 PMOX2 kernel: cpu cpu0: Failed to get specification_serial_number Aug 18 07:13:00 PMOX2 kernel: cpu cpu0: Failed to ge…
-
Looks like only one HDMI port and one NVMe drive bays work on the edge kernels. Not sure whats wrong with HDMI port but two SSDs installed cause issues PCIE addressing. Probably overlay issue with the newer kernel images?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a nice armbian image on an SSD on a rock5b board. I want to copy it to an sd card for cloning on other boards. Does anyone know how this can be done? It doesn't come out via dd
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have been trying for days now to update my device and all goes well until i get to 'beta.armbian.com:80 (130.185.239.78)' and then it will not update and stays at 0%. i have tried on different! installations and on different devices even a new installation but the same problem occurs. It used to work fine until a couple of days ago! I have even tried turning off all security on my router but no change. Is there a reason for this , if so is there anything i can do to correct it?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've ran into two issues. The first my board won't boot off the Armbian Debian vendor image. Second it boots off the mainline Debian image, but when I try installing the boot onto the MTD via option 7 in Armbian-install it completes, but I get a solid blue LED and a UART output that hangs on BL31: Preparing for EL3 exit to normal world -> Entry point address = 0x200000 -> SPSR = 0x3c9 then it hangs. Before this I tried manually erasing the SPI and loader and reinstalling them with rkdeveloptool, but this didn't help. I would provide the UART logs, but the server is failing at uploading images. I'm looking to boot off the nvme, but I'm not sure how to resolve this.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have an Radxa 5B+ that are powered through POE HAT. The problem is that POE HAT fan does not work at all. I have to identical machines, same issue on both of them. I have installed Armbian minimal Bookworm on both, on nvme ssd.
-
after configuring the image from the sd card and installing the system on ssd m2 via armbiab-install, the board stopped shutting down. I tried to change bootloader, img, and EF through rkdeveloptool, but nothing helps. PS EF doesn't work, does anyone know what to do?
-
Hi I have just installed this version of Armbian on Rock 5b but there is no wifi! I have wifi module installed and works fine on the latest Gnome build but not on Cinnamon. Can anyone help please? I have also found that there is no sound through hdmi. Only option is for headphones! How can I change this? Note: just started up again and option for wifi has appeared, good news! But still no sound.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Title, i just download the right version used balenaEtcher for flashing it on microssd and its stuck on blue light(booting), how i can solve it
-
Any fixes for this? Some rock chip ICs need custom PCie overlay to set pcie speeds, maybe the kernel just has it set to gen 2? 0001:11:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Micron/Crucial Technology Device 5421 (rev 01) (prog-if 02 [NVM Express]) Subsystem: Micron/Crucial Technology Device 5021 Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+ Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx- Latency: 0 Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 126 Region 0: Memory at f1200000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K] Capabil…
-
I've got a ROCK 5B+ with two NVMe drives installed, and for reasons I've not been able to track down, I'm noticing that the `-edge` releases (Kernel 6.14.6) are not able to display more than one of the NVMe drives at once. I've checked various physical configurations (i.e., slot one, slot two, both slots), and only one slot is presented (i.e., output from `lspci` or `lsblk`) – but it doesn't seem to matter whether its slot one or two. If I use a `-vendor` images (6.1.115), I see both devices and can use them without problems. I'd love to be able to provide more information or help debug, but I'm not quite sure where to start here! …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Can you tell me how I'm able to enable PWM? I'm not able to see any of them in the armbian-config overlay management
-
I have Radxa 5B+ with 1TB nvme ssd. I installed Armbian minimal Bookworm on my nvme disk. IT starts without the SD card. Problem started few days ago when i run apt upgrade. After that, the machine don't start without SD card. I have tried to reinstall the machine several times, same happends. I also tried Armbian minimal Trixie, but there the machine don't start at all without SD card. So something have changed the last days. At the moment i have installed Bookworm again, and used the command "sudo apt-mark hold linux-u-boot-rock-5b-plus-vendor". Now the machine starts without SDcard, and i can use apt upgrade, but it is not a long term solution. Anyone have the s…
-
Hi all, Since most of Armbian's Rock 5B images are currently bricked (although hopefully not for too much longer now that we've figured out what the root cause is) I've been using the Ubuntu 26.04 image, which works, but doesn't have hardware video decoding and encoding. Since I wanted to use it with RDP, I needed hardware video encoding at least to make things not super-slow, so I figured, why not port it myself with Claude and Codex. So that's what I did. The kernel and some of the auxillary stuff like ffmpeg, librga, mpp, a mpp -> vaapi bridge, and a gnome-remote-desktop build that encodes using ffmpeg, are all in a PPA. Details here: https://github.com/…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 901 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hy all, For some time now I have a Rock 5b + with 16Gig memory. The problem I have is playback video' s in youtube. Video's are not even watcheble in the lowest resolution. Other 4k video' s play fine. I tried several bechmark video' s from online sources. I looked around to see if others experiance the same problem but cannot find anny clu in this matter. I use Armbian ver. 25.5.1 Do others have the same issue? Is there a soltion for this problem? Also I find this board not the fastest. It's a bit faster than mi RPI5 with 4Gig mem. The PI5 plays HD on youtube. I also have a OrangePi 5 ultra with 16 gig memory on stock Orangepi ubu…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a recently commissioned Radxa Rock-5B that I use as my PXE host. It has a number of iso images that are loopback mounted on directories like /var/www/html/mirrors/Fedora-44. I recently attempted an install of Fedora 44 on a VM and it crashed, complaining that it was unable to download a package from /var/www/html/mirrors/Fedora-44/Packages/p/parted-3.6-14.fc44.x86_64.rpm. I checked the directory on the Rock-5B and it was indeed missing but it was also giving me a lot of output that looked like -r--r--r-- 1 root root 264876 Feb 2 2026 policycoreutils-3.10-1.fc44.x86_64.rpm ?????????? ? ? ? ? ? policycoreutils-newrole-3.10-…
-
I upgraded my ROCK5B in-place from Armbian Bookworm beta to Armbian Testing/Trixie beta and it turns out that no Ambian packages are seen (so not updated). The Debian Trixie packages do upgrade, as for example I just saw while doing full-upgrade: libavif16:arm64 (1.2.1-1.2) over (1.2.1-1.1) ... I thought something with my install, but also downloaded 'Armbian_25.8.0-trunk.50_Rock-5b_trixie_vendor_6.1.115_minimal.img' yesterday and it has the same issue (quick test via systemd-nspawn container on loopdev mounted image). My goal is at least to figure out what is best bootloader and kernel for the ROCK5B. So far I simply copied/cloned Armbian Bookw…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 5.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I do not konow, it this is the right place to raise this ticket. But in stable releases of Armbian it works fine, but there is no video acceleration. I have tried Kodi on Armbian Noble Gnome + trunk MESA/VPU: Armbian_24.8.0-trunk.85_Rock-5b_noble_vendor_6.1.43_gnome-oibaf_desktop.img Kodi falling when I'm trying to install some of extensions. For example https://repo.sc2.zone/ Crash log in the attachment. System log: 2024-06-05T12:01:28.534687+02:00 rock-5b kodi.desktop[3739]: Fatal Python error: PyImport_AppendInittab: PyImport_AppendInittab() may not be called after Py_Initialize() 2024-06-05T12:01:28.…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am trying to get the ARM performance assessment setup working (I'm trying to get Mali profiling for OpenCL code) on the Rock 5B+, and I've hit a blocker. The main component to this is some kernel configuration (CONFIG_ARM_SPE_PMU) and a loadable module. Oddly, those work fine in a custom kernel build. What I am hitting appears to be some missing interrupt setup that renders all those components inert. (It has to be a custom build to get CONFIG_ARM_SPE_PMU set. The issue is that even with the kernel configured and the module loaded, the SPE component remains inactive. ARM has its own system report tool which analyzes a setup, and that tool is re…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 987 views
- 1 follower
-
-
For the vendor-rk35xx kernel (6.1.115): an out-of-tree build of the vendor imx415 driver with a real 4K@60 mode, plus the overlay to bind it. https://github.com/bambooCZ/rk3588-imx415-4k60
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 560 views
-
-
Hi all, armbianmonitor -u output - https://paste.next.armbian.com/donixuwuno saw the following stack trace: [52815.041752] ------------[ cut here ]------------ [52815.041820] NETDEV WATCHDOG: enP4p65s0 (r8169): transmit queue 0 timed out [52815.042019] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 0 at net/sched/sch_generic.c:525 dev_watchdog+0x1a8/0x1e0 [52815.042081] Modules linked in: tls rpcsec_gss_krb5 nft_chain_nat xt_MASQUERADE nf_nat xt_addrtype nft_compat nf_tables overlay bnep nf_conntrack_irc nf_conntrack_sane nf_conntrack_tftp nf_conntrack_sip nf_conntrack_netlink xt_conntrack nf_conntrack_pptp nf_conntrack_snmp ts_kmp nf_conntrack_amanda nf_conntrack_ne…
-
I have tried to used apt update and upgrade to update latest Mesa driver but keep getting error 'file has unexpected size' so therefore fails as unable to fetch the archive! the file is available after apt update but unable to install. How can i fix this please?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi i want to know if it’s possible to connect a raxda rock 5B with armbian on a touch screen Joy-it LCD10 V2 Module écran tactile 25.7 cm (10.1 pouces) 1280 x 800 Pixel by usb and hdmi ?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-