Amlogic meson
Community maintained Amlogic boards
267 topics in this forum
-
-
Hi I've made a new kernel Auxiliary Display Driver for TM16XX and compatible LED controllers. This driver supports various LED controller chips, including TM16XX family, FD6XX family, PT6964, and HBS658. It provides support for both I2C and SPI interfaces. I wanted it to manage the hardware on the kernel space while having an easy sysfs user space interface. It also aims to reduce the code to maintain by relaying on existing kernel features instead of recoding them. Plus, you can switch to hardware i2c/spi (instead of software gpio) depending on the pins used. You can use "vfdconf-convert" to convert your existing vfd.conf to its device…
-
Reputation Points
- 165 replies
- 66k views
- 6 followers
-
-
I started to play with lima(mesa mali drivers) on Odroid C2 with ubuntu 19.04 with kernel 5.3. rc6 with lima enabled I add latest mesa drivers from https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/ubuntu/graphics-drivers there are only arm64 packages But there is problem on amlogic platform with order of dri/card* as dri/card0 point to lima and dri/card1 point to mesa drm driver but most software don't have options to set it up and they expect drm driver on card0 so there is problem in weston 5 for example https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2018-September/039446.html but weston …
-
Reputation Points
- 66 replies
- 50.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Like Le Potato, status of support. Unlike Le Potato, WIP board without official support, 90% of this is incidental to improved mainline support/easy adaptation of fixes for other boards. Current next image kernel: 4.14 Dec. 14 2017: Functions working for me (N=1 sample size) WiFi functioned for me out of the box. HDMI (I added this functionality some time ago) HDMI Sound (Added as of 1:45 Dec.14, not part of any image/build yet) USB Ethernet (no long-term stability testing yet) Jan. 24 2018: small bugfix Board now reports 2 GB RAM instead of 1 July 8, 2018: "Next" kernel (4.17) bugfix HDMI audio…
-
Reputation Points
- 69 replies
- 50.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
TL;DR: the following is a simple summary of the issue: Amlogic SoCs contain an own embedded microcontroller (Cortex-M3) used for controlling power and clocks A proprietary and closed source firmware is loaded on the M3 at boot. This stuff is contained in the bl30.bin blob we have to include This firmware controls the real clockspeeds, ignores what the cpufreq framework running in the Linux kernel wants and even reports back bogus clockspeeds (the kernel wants to set 1512 MHz, the M3 ignores this and sets 1416 MHz instead but the code returns faked 1512 MHz) Various tests showed that this is not related to thermal protection but just to $some…
-
Reputation Points
- 79 replies
- 46.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi there! I just got my hands on a brand new Odroid C4. I flashed Armbian Bullseye (tried Buster too as Bullseye is marked unstable) onto an SD card. The Issue I'm now facing is, after any sort of kernel update the board will not properly soft reboot anymore. I can restart the freshly installed system (which I generated the ix link with) as many times as I want using /sbin/reboot, but one apt upgrade later the board hangs in limbo when I issue a soft reboot. I can see the system itself shutting down, the blue light stopping to heartbeat, and then nothing happens anymore, until I replug power, then the board boots up fin…
-
Reputation Points
- 29 replies
- 46.1k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi there, I've an odroid C2 device used for home automation and running armbian (uname -a) : Linux odroidc2 4.19.69-meson64 which is running stable with no problem. Yesterday, I've downloaded a fresh image of latest armbian for odroid C2, named Armbian_21.02.1_Odroidc2_buster_current_5.10.12.img.xz. Put it on a new SD card and booted. It booted correctly but I've NO network. The LAN chip doesnt work at all, altough it appear in the device list I've theses entries in dmesg: [ 2.217600] meson8b-dwmac c9410000.ethernet: IRQ eth_wake_irq not found [ 2.217611] meson8b-dwmac c9410000.ethernet: IRQ eth_lpi not found [ 2.217694] meson8b-dwmac c9…
-
Reputation Points
- 90 replies
- 45k views
- 6 followers
-
-
Hi Folks, did anybody got a working Armbian image for the Nanopi-K2 EMMC version. The SD Version works great, I'm looking for an EMMC version, or a tutorial on how to convert the SD version into an EMMC Version. I know that there is an EMMC OÌmage at NanoPi Download page, BUT with this version none of the 4 USB Ports is working, and the Kernel is 3.14. and cannot be updated anymore. many thanks for any hint PS: I also try to contact nanopi support but I never get any response from them. wikrie
-
Reputation Points
- 98 replies
- 41.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I figure I'd make this a new post. Thanks to @Markus_ and @Igor for their help. I'm still trying to get wifi module 3 working, but I'm happy to at least have an up to date C1 image. git clone --depth=1 --branch=master https://github.com/armbian/build cd build mkdir -p ./output/debs wget -c -O ./output/debs/linux-u-boot-current-odroidc1_23.02.0-trunk_armhf.deb http://apt.armbian.com/pool/main/l/linux-u-boot-odroidc1-current/linux-u-boot-current-odroidc1_21.02.3_armhf.deb ./compile.sh CLEAN_LEVEL= BOARD=odroidc1 BRANCH=current RELEASE=jammy REPOSITORY_INSTALL= BUILD_MINIMAL=no BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no KERNEL_ONLY=no COMPRES…
-
Reputation Points
- 87 replies
- 38.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
2 changes are in queue on my workstation, one is u-boot 2018.11, the other is updating the Dev patchset and beginning to iron out 4.19 Kernel. The first I honestly don't see any issues with moving forward, but want people to know about it, the second is a bit of a hairball and I'll need some help with debugging, and in fixing. Detail of changes: U-boot: Currently Meson64 and Odroid C2 are using 2018.05 and 2018.07, respectively. I will be moving all to 2018.11, and eliminating the "specialness" of the Odroid C2 in our build system, so Meson64 will be inheriting the C2 boot script under the "Meson64 name, it will no longer have its own u-boot pat…
-
Reputation Points
- 100 replies
- 36.6k views
- 6 followers
-
-
This week we discontinued the default 3.x kernel for the Odroid C2, and are working on the 4.18/4.19 kernels. A few odds and ends have come up, the biggest one appears to be the gpio-hog in the C2 device tree somehow not working, causing the USB hub on the board to never be powered on. root@odroidc2:/sys/class/gpio# cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio gpiochip1: GPIOs 378-496, parent: platform/c8834000.periphs:pinctrl@4b0, periphs-banks: gpio-392 ( |mdio-reset ) out hi gpio-407 ( |reset ) out hi gpio-422 ( |cd ) in lo gpio-465 ( |TFLASH_VDD …
-
Reputation Points
- 40 replies
- 33.5k views
- 6 followers
-
-
Hi, I´d like to use the GPIO PINs on my Odriod C2 with the mainline kernel 4.18. I tried to install the User Space IO, which seems to be the right tool to help me with the task. Unfortunately I had no luck trying to install it on my own. Hopefully we can install it together and get the GPIOs to do their job. It says "User space devices are exposed through /dev or /sys. Verify the device is showing up prior to trying demo programs." That is what is shown in this directory's: Picture, are devices installed properly or do I have to configure the C2 to start with User Space IO? That happens if I try to run the exam…
-
Reputation Points
- 77 replies
- 31.9k views
- 4 followers
-
-
I have a NanoPi-K2 sitting in the dust since awhile. I decided to try some images from @balbes150, such as Armbian_5.32_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_server_20170820.img.xz or even some other such Armbian_5.27_S9xxx_Debian_jessie_4.13.0-next-20170731+_server.img.xz, but none of them is even starting to load u-boot ... It is only producing such output on debug serial : GXBB:BL1:08dafd:0a8993;FEAT:EDFC318C;POC:3;RCY:0;EMMC:800;NAND:81;SD:0;READ:0;CHK:F3;USB:8;LOOP:1;EMMC:800;NAND:81;SD:0;READ:0;CHK:F3;USB:8;LOOP:2;EMMC:800;NAND:81;SD:0;READ:0;CHK:F3;USB:8; I don't know much about Amlogic, what I'm missing ?
-
For testing, I'm looking for volunteers who have an Odroid C1 (s805)
-
Reputation Points
- 39 replies
- 26.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I have installed Armbian Debian Stretch Next (mainline kernel) on my Odroid C2 and updated to newest version(apt update & apt upgrade). Everything works fine except USB ports. I have USB LTE modem which is not recognized. I have tried "lsusb -v" but with this modem not works. But when I connect USB keyboard first then "lsusb -v" and next I connect LTE modem and type "lsusb -v" then it's works. I also tried connecting USB LTE modem before Odroid C2 boot but this workaround not working. Is there any workaround which not involving connecting more than one USB device? Maybe usb kernel modules (usbcore, …
-
Reputation Points
- 18 replies
- 22.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Well, no fancy introduction here, because this doesn't pretend to be a script for the general use, only for testers who want to try the current *very early* status of the media capabilities in the Armbian meson mainline kernel. Warning: It will replace your current kernel with a pre-compiled nightly 4.19.20. Instructions: Download, untar and run. If you need further instructions, then you are not ready for this script (again, it is very unpolished, not for general use). Download link: https://mega.nz/#!YvYUhayC!CI1fl52V4tV0G4oqUib4W-NlMpVSpLDp8kmo74g-V08 Things that you can try with this script, on a X session: …
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 19.9k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi everyone, I'm trying to use the serial port on pins 8+10 on an ODroid C2. My understanding is that this maps to /dev/ttyS1 by default, but whenever I try to use this serial port, or any of ttyS0, S1, S2, S3, I get the error "Input/output error". root@odroidc2:~# stty raw -crtscts 9600 < /dev/ttyS1 stty: 'standard input': Input/output error root@odroidc2:~# cat /dev/ttyS1 cat: /dev/ttyS1: Input/output error I have done a lot of searching on this forum and others, and it sounds like this could be something I need to enable in my device tree config, or some kind of overlay, but I'm very new to this and couldn't find anything specific on what to do. I had a lo…
-
Reputation Points
- 28 replies
- 17.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi Armbian people, this is my first time here and i feel like a child in a chemical laboratory... strange things, linux is a new world for me so i apologize for dumbs questions... Im trying to install RTC Shield in my odroid c2 with Openmediavault Erasmus. Someone can give me a hand? I've start with the tutorial provided by Hardkernell.. is for Ubuntu, so i have an error (see first picture) since the second step. After that, Odroid from HD suggest probe rtc with sudo modprobe aml_i2c sudo modprobe rtc_pcf8563.. .. it seems that the driver is not present or that is not the right thing to do (see second picture). After that i"ve try w…
-
Hello, I'm facing a weird issue where a network connection doesn't work after my HC4 is started (after a power off), but then after calling a `reboot` network starts to work. I'm running a fresh install of the latest "Armbian Buster mainline kernel 5.10.y". More details in armbianmonitor's output: http://ix.io/2Rh8 http://ix.io/2Req I've tried playing with /etc/network/interfaces by putting stuff like the following there: allow-hotplug eth0 no-auto-down eth0 auto eth0 iface eth0 inet dhcp also tried static ip but nothing works. What exactly is happening? 1. When I power on my HC4 it awaits for …
-
Reputation Points
- 23 replies
- 15.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Are there any images for the C1? The archive download link is broken.
-
Reputation Points
- 20 replies
- 15k views
- 1 follower
-
-
With our Current moving to 5.7, anyone building it themselves should report anything missing/new/different/wanted here. Le Potato La Frite NanoPi K2 ODROID C2 VIM 1 USB OK OK OK OK OK REBOOT NOK OK OK NOK NOK SOUND OK OK OK OK OK HDMI OK OK OK OK OK Onboard Wi…
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 13.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, can someone help me, I got an odroid n2 with emmc. For years I was running buster. Now because of end of updates, I upgraded from buster to bullseye - everything was fine there. After upgrading to bullseye I tried to update to bookworm. Upgrade itself seemed ok, all packages installed. I did it like described here After updating to the "default debian bookworm", I commented in the Armbian repository with bullseye in armbian.list, and it updated this packages armbian-bsp-cli-odroidn2 armbian-config armbian-zsh base-files linux-dtb-current-meson64 linux-image-current-meson64 linux-u-boot-odroidn2-current…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 13.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I run my ODROID C2 from eMMC, and after upgrading u-boot default to 5.38 booting no longer works. It looks like it cannot read the root partition and then reboots (and it will just keep rebooting). If I downgrade to u-boot 5.35 the system starts normally. This is the boot log from serial (first boot to start of the second): https://hastebin.com/raw/qajacahipe
-
Reputation Points
- 28 replies
- 12.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, I compiled some images for C2 yesterday (mainline 5.77, jessie), and had a nice console as usual. Today, the new images still have u-boot console, and give some information about kernel starting, but no login by console (USB serial) is possible. I tried to set "console=serial" in /boot/armbianEnv.txt, but that gives me an endless reboot loop. Were there some changes? Maybe in baudrate? I get u-boot messages at 115200 8N1 as expected.. Michael
-
I have a 8gb SD card and 64gb eMMC. I want to put Armbian on the SD and use eMMC for high disk usage activities. When using the eMMC it will always boot of that device. You can alter the boot.ini to get it to boot off the SD once it reads the boot information from the eMMC. I installed Odroid Mate on BOTH the eMMC (to get the boot partition created) and the SD I can get it to use the installed OS from the SD card. Original Odroid boot.ini from eMMC: setenv bootargs "root=UUID=74ce0af9-be77-4ebe-9308-c06feb2ecef9 rootwait ro ${condev} no_console_suspend ... # Booting fatload mmc 0:1 ${initrd_loadaddr} uInitrd fatload mmc 0:1 ${loadaddr} Image fatload mmc 0:…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 11.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear all, I have a problem related to my freshly installed Armbian 5.44 on Odroid C2. Everything is working fine except my external HDD is not recognized anymore. On v5.33 all was working fine. Disc is 500 GB, ext4 formatted. I'm using original power supply from Odroid C2 and haven't got power issues so far. Here is output of armbianmonitor -u : http://ix.io/1bZw Thanks in advance! ;-)
-
I do have problems on my two Odroid C2 after "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade". It happens on a freshly installed Armbian_5.14_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_3.14.72 (on a 64GB eMMC) immediately after the first login (so at least in principle, i can't be the culprit, but who knows ): The following packages will be upgraded: linux-dtb-odroidc2 linux-headers-odroidc2 linux-image-odroidc2 linux-jessie-root-odroidc2 linux-libc-dev linux-u-boot-odroidc2-default tzdata Preparing to unpack .../linux-dtb-odroidc2_5.16_arm64.deb ... Unpacking linux-dtb-odroidc2 (5.16) over (5.14) ... Preparing to unpack .../linux-headers-odroidc2_5.16_arm64.deb ... Unpacking linux-headers-…
-
Reputation Points
- 28 replies
- 10.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
did a clean install of Armbian_5.21_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_3.14.79.img when i today apt-get upgrade to Armbian 5.23 the same problem occured on the eMMC after rebooting the system 2 times. did the same install on a micro-sd card 1 UHS no problem :S it appears to happen every time on a Armbian version upgrade. Please HELP! upgrade log eMMC: apt-get upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Calculating upgrade... Done The following packages will be upgraded: armbian-firmware hostapd linux-dtb-odroidc2 linux-headers-odroidc2 linux-image-odroidc2 linux-jessie-root-odroidc2 linux-u-boot-odroidc2…
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 10.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I use DietPi on my Odroid C2. I post here because the developer mentioned that the DietPi image is based on the Armbian kernel and he suggested posting here. When I attach the R5 to a USB port of my Odroid C2 it is not recognized. lsusb and dmesg do not show it. On my Ubuntu 22.04 PC it does show up. Looked around and finally found an old post on this forum that mentions a bug with the C2 in recognizing USB devices. The mentioned workaround is to add a second USB device and reboot the device. I added an USB drive and both are now recognized, initialized and working after a reboot. (When removing one of the devices it again doesn’t stick after a rebo…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 10.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Armbian Armbian 22.11.4 Jammy on Odroid C4 boot from SD card system on an ext4 SSD. First of all - everything I need works correctly... However, I have a question about the SD card. During the first installation on the SSD disk, the system hung on the first reboot and you could see from the console that the SD card with UUID=61748c7e-b234-40e8-b6b6-592f845c3699 was being waited for. After the timeout, the only way to fix the "error" was to log into the system via terminal. Long story - only after commenting out the SD card in the fstab on the SSD: UUID=61748c7e-b234-40e8-b6b6-592f845c3699 /media/mmcboot ext4 defaults,noatime,commit=600,errors=…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 9.7k views
-
-
Image used Armbian_20.11.10_Odroidc4_focal_current_5.9.14_desktop.img It works with micro SD (eMMc not inserted) Not booting with eMMc (SD not inserted), With SD & eMMC, system boot from SD .. . I tried nand-sata-install -> "Update bootloader" script same problem. see the attached output error from my monitor
-
Hi, I use the new kernel with I2CA being used for controlling some U/I meters and sensors. There are three 1Wire masters included by overlay (and they work ): > ls /sys/bus/w1/devices/ > 22-000000214032 28-00000a09aa8d w1_bus_master2 > 28-00000a089919 w1_bus_master1 w1_bus_master3 I2C works also fine, all devices mounted so far are answering: > i2cdetect -y 0 > 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f > 00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0c -- -- -- > 10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- > 20: 20 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- > 30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- …
-
I have created a branch for amlogic device mainline u-boot, I have successfully booted le potato now, it took some small adjustments to support the 2015 boot script. Anyone wishing to try this use LIB_TAG="meson64-uboot" Next steps: use a proper boot script to take advantage of armbianEnv.txt and bring Le Potato to modernity. using C2 as pattern bring up mainline support for K2
-
Hi. Running (installed from img file on SD Card) Armbian "Armbian_20.02.8_Odroidc2_buster_current_5.4.28". If I try to reboot (reboot command) the Odroid-C2 does not startup again (so it does not reboot)..... Only way to startup it again is to electric poweroff and then poweron. uname -a: Linux odroidc2 5.4.28-meson64 #20.02.8 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 30 09:12:52 CEST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux How to solve? Thank you.
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 9.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I installed ARMBIAN 5.44 testing Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 4.14.40-odroidc2 on my C2 and it is working fine at this time, but it hangs with the command "shutdown -r now" - I have to power off/on. Now I did get the advice to update to U-Boot V2018.03 On my C2 dpkg does show me as actual installed: linux-u-boot-odroidc2-next 5.44 arm64 Uboot loader 2017.11 Via "apt-cache search" or at http://apt.armbian.com/pool/main/l/linux-u-boot-odroidc2-next/ I couldnt find nothing newer than the installed version or linux-u-boot-next-odroidc2_5.38_arm64.deb 25-Jan-2018 07:48 206K In /etc/apt/sources.list.d/armbian.list I got as t…
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 8.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
How do you enable the UART GPIO serial port (i.e., the one on pins 8 & 10) on a Nano Pi K2? The only active serial port I see from `dmesg | grep serial` is ttyAML0, which I'm assuming is the serial port on the debugging pins. FWIW, I'm using the 4.14.69-meson64 kernel on a Nano Pi K2.
-
Hi, I am on my third attempt at running armbian on my C2. 16GB eMMC (purchased through Hardkernel) card. The image is; Armbian_5.20_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_3.14.79_desktop.img On the last two attempts I have followed the getting started guide and performed an update/upgrade after install; apt-get update apt-get upgrade All setup proceeded without issue. However, the C2 refused to restart with a steady blue light on the board (no heartbeat). This is my third attempt and so far I have not upgraded and have tested restart and shutdown a few times...all working well. Can you give me any advice on this issue? Should I wait for a new image?
-
Hello everybody! I want setup my nonopi k2 as small home server, but I ran intoproblem with microSD that ruined all my plans. The trouble is that under load such as downloading or unpacking files (about 100M) or even doing 'apt update' can couse I/O errors. In dmesg I see lines like this: [ 309.344144] mmc0: tried to reset card, got error -110 [ 309.344157] print_req_error: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 13022080 [ 309.344169] print_req_error: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 13022088 [ 309.344176] print_req_error: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 13022096 [ 309.344183] print_req_error: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 13022104 [ 309.344190] print_req_erro…
-
I have just downloaded the latest version of Armbian and when I power on my potato there is only a solid red, and solid blue light. I thought it was my micro SD card but I installed Ubuntu onto the same micro SD and the potato booted up fine with a green light and flashing blue light. Is this because it is a new update or am I doing something wrong.
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 8.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Odroid C2 Armbian 5.44 Ubuntu- Bionic XFCE 4.12/ - 1. system lost eth0 connection after 5 minutes work ( DHCP or Static number IP ) 2. sometimes not reboot properly - i have to unconnected from power
-
Reputation Points
- 22 replies
- 8.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. I´ve buyed an Odrid c2 and installed armbian. Now i installed the x11vnc server and it works only when i start it manual. It start in putty with: sudo x11vnc -usepw -forever -display :0 or with the Desktop gui version. Then i can connect from my Windows PC. I installed it with these: http://www.gtkdb.de/index_36_2265.html(yes, i renamed it with my account name) but the autostart doesn´t work. Then i edit the /etc/rc.local file and wrote x11vnc -display :0 -forever -usepw -ultrafilexfer before the exit 0 command. but it doesn´t start after reboot. Can anyone help me with this please? Sorry for my bad engl…
-
I am using two Odroid N2 and a new Odroid C4. The N2 installation with OMV5 is using Kernel 4.9.236 actually and the C4 is using the kernel 5.8 used in the latest download image for debian buster. When I try to install newer kernels after the following linux kernel packages the installation gets broken and the odroids are not booting anymore. There is also no output on hdmi to see what problem could be exist. On Odroid N2 I hear the USB drives starting, stopping, starting and then nothing happens. All other updates are installing without problems in rebooting. The N2 are using on my test N2 a micro sd card and on my prod n2 a emmc card. The C4 is a…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 8.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, I'm testing the Odroid C2 image (Armbian_5.10_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_3.14.67_desktop) on my C2. Flashing and verifying the image onto an emmc went fine. I made adjustments to the boot.ini ("setenv m "1280x1024p60hz"" and "setenv vout "dvi""). No problems creating a user and (first) booting into the gui. After a reboot I encounter problems with the gui resolution and colors: 1. most parts of a window is now black 2. no matter what I change in boot.ini, I don't get higher resolution then 1280x720 with black bars at the bottom and right https://picload.org/view/rgllllag/wp_20160518_001-kopie.jpg.html (pic had to be taken by cam since a screenshot doesn't show…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 8.1k views
-
-
Greetings. I'm running a headless cluster of Odroid C2's (eMMC) using the latest Armbian buster minimal image with kernel 4.19.69-meson64. I'm encountering an issue where it takes a long time for SSH connection to be accepted (initially up to 30 min consistently). I get a connection refused. The issue seems to be due to the entropy pool becoming depleted during the early boot process which blocks SSH from starting while it refills the pool. The problem seems to be known and documented well here: https://daniel-lange.com/archives/152-Openssh-taking-minutes-to-become-available,-booting-takes-half-an-hour-...-because-your-server-waits-for-a…
-
Hello All, how can I get hardware video acceleration for S905x on Debian/Armbian using Gstreamer? I installed gstreamer, and using 'decodebin' and 'fbdevsink' gives terrible performance (software decoding). I did some searching and found that amlogic has two GST plugins for hardware accelerated video decoding: "amlvdec" and "amlvsink" I was able to locate the source code here: http://openlinux.amlogic.com:8000/download/ARM/filesystem/ I downloaded the newest archive "arm-buildroot-2016-08-18-5aaca1b35f.tar.gz" Would this work with debian/Armbian? When I try to compile the plugin, I get the message: so I searched online, and found: ht…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi - I am trying to find out from the fora topics here as well the technical details page if the ODROID-C2 has an extension to the ARMv8 instruction set to improve the speed of applications, like openssl/openvpn, performing encryption and decryption. On the intel platforms this feature is known as AES-NI. Therefore is similar hardware on board and if so, which kernel module enables this feature please? Also when will " Armbian " stretch be available ( 17 July just like debian 9? ). Cheers
-
I have an application that depends on the Linux HID USB gadget via configfs on the USB OTG port. It works under Raspberry Pi OS (2020-05-27-buster-lite), but I'm having trouble getting it to work under Armbian (Armbian_20.05.2_Odroidc2_buster_current_5.6.15). Specifically, I'm having trouble getting the configfs module to run. What I've done so far: Removed the J1 jumper as described on the ODROID wiki. Recompiled /boot/dtbs/amlogic/meson-gxbb-odroidc2.dtb to set dr_mode = "peripheral"; as described in this ODROID magazine article. When I run this script with sudo: #!/usr/bin/env bash modprobe libcomposite cd…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 7.9k views
-
-
Dear community, unfortunately, "armbianmonitor -u" doesn't give me a link anymore, and I'm not sure if uploading works at all. So I cant provide the information As our deployment date approaches, we try to finalize our Armbian system for North Pacific seafloor... and found some unexpected problems (problems seem alwas to be unexpected): The TigerVNC has two problems on Armbian, and it would be great if you could verify that issues and maybe problem some helpful ideas: (1) TigerVNC (tigervnc-common/stable,now 1.9.0) needs the following workaround to start at all: LD_PRELOAD=/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 vncserver :1 -loc…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 7.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
--------Preamble------------ Tried Armbian on Opi pc, and fell in love with it! It feels like the O.S. for me! Tried to turn the c2 into the ultimate night stand alarm clock, with 7" screen, micro keyboard and tiny mouse, with speakers built in a customized re-purposed case running ubuntu for beside the bed . alarm-clock-applet is a favorite app on Rpi, works great, I live by it basically. but the c2 will not play audio with it, gstreamer-ugly download and then it works, but it whacks out the RTC. alarm works great on Opi with Armbian but no RTC. The RTC is a big part of the situation, experimentally powering with solar. All that time and money wasted on a great concep…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 7.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
HI, I want use armbian on my odroid-c2. But I can't start it: - Ubuntu xenial 5.40, 3.14.79 loop on 'authentification ... token error' - Debian stretch next desktop4.14.30 don't make anything on screen But DietPi v60.0 Jessie work fine. The power supply is Odroid model. I try two sd card, sandisk ultra 64Go and Hc class 10 16Go: - dietpi is ok - 2 distrib of Armbian are Ko. About Debian stretch next, the blue led flash 2 time rapidely, without stop Could you help me? Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 24 replies
- 7.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Tested on Odroid C2 system startup from the USB stick (via script s905_autoscript, I prefer to run existing images without any modification). If add the script to the boot.ini a few lines, you can run images from a USB drive. This can be useful if there is on eMMC or on a SD card configured with the system and felt the need to run temporarily another system (without overwriting the existing SD\eMMC media). For example, for temporary checks new images, when unknown , to like this system or not, or for testing settings\software-that-be not to destroy the already set up working system. Process start automatically if the connected USB drive and it has a script that starts the…
-
Has anyone had any luck cloning their repository as described on http://openlinux.amlogic.com/wiki/index.php/Arm/arm-Kernel_Info/Kernel4.9 So far it just keeps timing out on me.
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 7.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Folks, I've flashed a 16GB eMMC 5.0 card with Armbian and it's booted up on a Rev 2 Odroid C2, but it only gets as far as the attached picture shows. I've left it overnight to see if it gets any better and it's still stalled. The blue LED ("disk" activity) is a steady 2-beat heartbeat which to me sounds like it's stuck trying to seek whatever happens next. I wanted to leave it overnight and also post here before attempting to fix via rebooting, then re-flashing if I have to. Anyone see this before? Sorry this is my first go at Armbian and it's on a brand new device - I come from the mx6 world.
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 7.1k views
-
-
Hi guys, After some time I get enough brave to do apt upgrade on my Odroid C2 (after month or two).. I updated following packages: Start-Date: 2018-08-07 11:09:56 Commandline: apt upgrade Install: html2text:arm64 (1.3.2a-18, automatic), debconf-utils:arm64 (1.5.56+deb8u1, automatic) Upgrade: ncurses-term:arm64 (5.9+20140913-1+deb8u2, 5.9+20140913-1+deb8u3), libtinfo5:arm64 (5.9+20140913-1+deb8u2, 5.9+20140913-1+deb8u3), linux-dtb-odroidc2:arm64 (5.40, 5.54), libncurses5:arm64 (5.9+20140913-1+deb8u2, 5.9+20140913-1+deb8u3), libncursesw5:arm64 (5.9+20140913-1+deb8u2, 5.9+20140913-1+deb8u3), ncurses-bin:arm64 (5.9+20140913-1+deb8u2, 5.9+20140913-1+deb8u3), b…
-
Hi guys, some months ago I implemented an Odroid C2 as readout controller for a scientific instrument. Lot of people were kind and helped me with some problems with Armbian, especially eMMC and PWM. Today, finally, we managed to have our instrument (two strings with several Odroid C2 and other stuff) deployed. It is sitting now at 2628m depth in the Pacific Ocean, and will go operational the next days. Here we are... I think I can announce the deepest Odroid so far (cry loud if I'm wrong :) ) In the picture you just can see the Titanium housing with two glass covers attached to the string. Again, thanks for the fish :) …
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 7.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The latest apt-get upgrade on my board running Focal updated all but two (described below) of the following packages: armbian-firmware armbian-focal-desktop-xfce armbian-zsh bluez bluez-obexd libbluetooth3 libnss-myhostname libpam-systemd libsecret-1-0 libsecret-common libsmbclient libsystemd0 libudev1 libwbclient0 linux-dtb-current-meson64 linux-image-current-meson64 linux-libc-dev linux-u-boot-odroidc4-current python3-samba samba samba-common samba-common-bin samba-libs smbclient systemdsystemd-sysv udev This generated a new initramfs and uboot updates so I rebooted afterwards to make sure everything was ok. Now, the Light Display Manager has …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 7k views
-
-
Hi, I've been trying to enable SPI on my Odroid-C2 running Armbian Buster but I can't figure it out, I tried with overlays, modprobe-ing the modules, nothing works. I've uploaded my logs.
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi, I installed latest Armbian (Debian/Jessia) as well as built Xenial Ubuntu (5.20 kernel 3.14.79 in both cases). Board is Odroid-C2. As i have a Wifi USB - TP-Link TL-WN823N I need to build a driver for it as it is not included in kernel. Found instructions at Armbian documentation: http://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Advanced-Features/#how-to-build-a-wireless-driver but after starting with make ARCH=arm64 it fails with error that ... xen.h is missing. Does anyone have recipe for success ? Below is failure log on Debian-Jesse (exactly same issue on Xenial-Ubuntu). Tx in advance !!! root@odroidc2:/home/zh/rtl8192cu-fixes# make ARCH=arm64 …
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 6.9k views
-
-
I recently did an apt-get update on an Odroid C2 which included the following: linux-dtb-odroidc2 linux-firmware-image-odroidc2 linux-headers-odroidc2 linux-image-odroidc2 linux-jessie-root-odroidc2 linux-u-boot-odroidc2-default. I figured it'd be all fine and dandy because it looks to just be an update to 3.14.67, versus the old 3.14.65. Installed and restarted without any apparent errors. Upon logging in, uname -r still reports 3.14.65-odroidc2 however. Files in /boot seem to all be labeled 3.14.67, but it's looking for all the kernel modules in /lib/modules/3.14.65-odroidc2, which is now basically an empty folder instead of /lib/modules/3.14.67-odroidc2. S…
-
I was running Armbian Bullseye for a while with OMV 6. I happened to see OMV has gone to v7 and Armbian to bookworm. I went here to get the SBC/IOT bare version of bookworm: https://www.armbian.com/odroid-hc4/ Problem 1: is it said: "You are using an automated version meant only for developers..." Problem 2: it did not come with Armbian-config which I had to install manually Problem 3: Armbian-config 'softy' refused to install OMV saying it can only be installed on Buster (OMV5) or Bullseye (OMV6) Finally: https://wiki.omv-extras.org/doku.php?id=omv7:armbian_bookworm_install states specifically not to use any developer v…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 6.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am having an issue playing 24 bit files on my audio system. I am feeding from an Odroid C2 running Armbian Ubuntu to a Schiit Yggrasil DAC, via USB. The problem is that while all 16 bit files play perfectly, all 24 bit files play with crackles and pops and are unlistenable. I am trying to figure out where the incompatibility lies in the USB interface between the units - is it a Linux issue (I've tried other distributions with the same results) or is it something in the hardware? Any thoughts on the issue would be most appreciated.
-
Hi All Sorry if this is a repeat issue, however, I am new to Armbian and I am trying to get an Odroid C2 board to work with WI-FI I have tried several WI-FI adapters including the official Odroid USB wifi adapter with single antenna and none of them . will let me join a network, evne though I can see a list of WI-FI SSID's. Other builds of LInux (obtained from Hardkernel work fine, however I need a version with a later kernal to run an AWS package. Wired network is fine, just wifi. Can anyone help? Regards Steve
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 6.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I just changed from my 16GB eMMC to a 64GB eMMC (black type, ordered by Pollin, with Android initially on it). I use Etcher on Windows 7, as before, no problems occured so far. If I use the same image (Armbian_5.37_Odroidc2_Debian_stretch_next_4.14.13) as I do on my 16GB eMMC, the C2 boots up normally. I can login in as root, and get prompted for a new password. This image includes Uboot changes for setting serial port baudrate, no other changes to kernel. An here the trouble starts: no matter what password I want to use as new one, I fail. If I use a "too easy one" I get denied (as it should be). If I use a complicated one, I ge…
-
When I changed some settings to my network config, my Odroid doesn't boot anymore. Even changing the settings back doesn't make it boot again. Has anyone had this happen before? I hooked up my UART and this is the result, it never proceeds with starting the kernel (see spoiler below) Spoiler --- UART initialized after reboot --- [Reset cause: unknown] [Image: unknown, amlogic_v1.1.3046-00db630-dirty 2016-08-31 09:24:14 tao.zeng@droid04] bl30: check_permit, count is 1 bl30: check_permit: ok! chipid: ef be ad de d f0 ad ba ef be adLoad bl33 from SD, src: 0x00034200, des: 0x01000000, size: 0x00068270 de not …
-
Today I installed Armbian_5.35_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_default_3.14.79 on my Odroid C2 Installation went fine and I got a DHCP-IP But now neither armbian-config will configure me a IP to eth0 (only device lo) nor /etc/network/interfaces would be "read" when I manually edit it to eth0 So I cleared the file. nmtui does let me configure a connection and I could activate this connection. At this time I got a/the right IP. But after a reboot this IP wouldnt reconnected. Every boot I do get an additional connection eth0 generated. Before boot root@odroidc2:~# nmcli con show NAME UUID T…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 6.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
This was briefly discussed in another topic, but the idea would be to make 4.14 the default kernel for Le Potato and K2, and change next to the newest stable kernel. The reason is, the 4.14 is the vendor kernel for Le Potato, K2 is only supported via it's similarity to C2 and Le Potato, and we currently don't have a "mainline" for Amlogic as everything moves forward. Consequences: Default build it yourself with the 3.14 will no longer be possible. We do not provide images of this build anyway. Next image users will get updated to the newest stable rather than staying on 4.14 This is what needs the discussion. I put a quick post on…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 6.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone, my system is - Armbian Linux 4.18.8-odroidc2. Nextcloud is installed on this board and as data drive is a Lexar 64GB usb stick. I now have an SSD hard drive with two partitions, I had moved the system from the SD card to the first partition on the SSD. The second partition is called nextcloud and is a data drive. Everything works fine so far, but Armbian does not boot without the USB stick, it is not mounted either, it just has to be in the usb slot, otherwise the armbian will not boot. I need your help because I don't know what to do next. root@Nextcloud:~# blkid /dev/mmcblk1p1: UUID="4722b364-ae1f-42d6-ad8f-831b8…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 6.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all, I have a problem with current DEV kernel. On some boards, everything works nicely, and after booting the kernel network is stable, on some other C2 boards, I get error messages on the eth0 dwmac, and no network: [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [0x410fd034] [ 0.000000] Linux version 5.3.15-meson64 (root@skylake) (gcc version 7.4.1 20181213 [linaro-7.4-2019.02 revision 56ec6f6b99cc167ff0c2f8e1a2eed33b1edc85d4] (Linaro GCC 7.4-2019.02)) #5.99 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 12 11:12:47 CET 2019 [ 0.000000] Machine model: Hardkernel ODROID-C2 [ 0.000000] Reserved memory: created CMA memory pool at 0x000000006d800000, size 256 MiB […
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi dear all i am MS student and want to make my own development board for S905. if i purchase components from market and make a pcb then is it work? any one can answer my question?
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.3k views
-
-
Hello, I am using up to date Armbian - Debian Buster with Armbian Linux 4.19.69-meson64 Linux version 4.19.69-meson64 (root@builder) (gcc version 7.4.1 20181213 [linaro-7.4-2019.02 revision 56ec6f6b99cc167ff0c2f8e1a2eed33b1edc85d4] (Linaro GCC 7.4-2019.02)) #5.95 SMP PREEMPT Mon Sep 2 01:21:39 CEST 2019. I have encountered Ethernet interface lockup on medium traffic (after 30s-120s when copying big files from external usb disk by sshfs - 240Mb/s). At high/medium Ethernet traffic the issue always occurs. It is most likely caused by some kernel update because I didn't have such problem before. Similar issue: https://github.com/rockchip-linu…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey, I am not able to compile a .ko kernel module : below the error. I think it's fair to say that it may happen on many boards. I guess you supposed that before I had to get the linux-headers on. which required to tune the build config and include the headers during the build for that specific meson64 release at least. Saying that after rebuilding all I am stuck again on the vdso as i can't build a .ko easily. I think many people but i let the team taken the decision may be stuck at one point on linux-headers or to compile a .ko module. I would recommend to have DEFAULT parameter YES for the linux-headers as well as all that would be required…
-
How to run Armbian on Odroid C4? I followed official guide (https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started), but I always ends up with following: Gave up waiting for root file system device. Common problems: - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline) - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?) - Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev) ALERT! UUID=e614931e-7b37-40f0-8d34-c3ca836004e8 does not exist. Dropping to a shell! SD-Card is working fine when other OS is used (such as Ubuntu provided by Hardkernel) Am I missing something?
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 6.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have been trying to build a C2 image with xenial and without including a desktop using the armbian build script. I have tried putting the toolchain in /opt/toolchains (like odroid's wiki states) and also in the build script's directory under toolchains. I've placed the proper export lines to each path in .profile & .bashrc but no matter how i go about this I always have the compile.sh script error out after "Cleaning [ linux-odroidc2/odroidc2-3.14.y ] I am using a VM that has gcc/g++ 4.9 installed and is running ubuntu xenial (would not using 14.04 have something to do with this?). /home/kyle/build/lib/common.sh: line 230: /home/kyle/build/toolchains/gcc…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 6.2k views
-
-
Hello everyone, I am evaluating the purchase of an SBC (the Radxa Zero seems to be the best equipment, power / consumption) for one of my projects, but I cannot find reliable sources regarding the consumption of the SBCs. Have any of you carried out extensive tests?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 6.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Any idea why 4.14 linux kernel don't work with mali drivers ? https://github.com/superna9999/meson_gx_mali_450/tree/DX910-SW-99002-r7p0-00rel1_meson_gx
-
I used a stable Armbian Image (Armbian Stretch mainline kernel 4.18.y) for OdroidC2. The OS booted up normally but the USB hubs didn't detect the connected peripherals. The output of `lsusb` didn't show any of the connected peripherals. Thanks Sumit
-
I recently uploaded Armbian_20.11_Odroidc4_focal_current 5.9.12_desktop.img.xz onto a new Odroid-C4. Booting up and getting started hasn't been a problem, but I've been interested in driving some brushless motors using a PWM control signal and started looking through the device tree. The C4 is supposed to have a total of 6 PWM outputs, spread over 3 pwmchip devices, which (I believe) should be named pwmchip0, pwmchip4, and pwmchip8. However, upon navigating to /sys/class/pwm, I'm only seeing pwmchip0. This seems a little odd, because if PWM was entirely disabled in the device tree, I wouldn't have expected that any of the chips would have appeared. Not sure if this is a b…
-
I've tested last night fresh install of armbian buster on my C1. I'm actually use an old jessie where is installed jeedom (with rfxcom + zwave dongle), and a bluetooth dongle.. So i've perfomed jeedom installation (with difficulties) but my usb devices aren't not visble under /dev... Is something wrong with kernel (modules missing), or must i do something ??
-
Hi all . i hear sound by mplayer X.mp4 but i cannot hear sound in youtube with iceweasel . i lack something . what is it ? aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: ODROIDHDMI [ODROID-HDMI], device 0: I2S.26 dit-hifi-0 [] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 cat .asoundrc pcm.!default { type hw card 0 } ctl.!default { type hw card 0 } --- regards
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello gents. I cannot seem to be able to find the reason why the image I copy the SD gets some files gets corrupted after the first boot. I tried to force not to resize the rootfs too with no luck. I find out that the /etc/network/interfaces is different from what I edited. On a linux machine I used Etcher to flash the image Armbian_5.35_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_default_3.14.79.img. Then edit the file /etc/network/interfaces on the SD (an 16GB Samsung EVO) to add the line "auto eth0" which is missing(!), unmount the SD, move it to the Odroid C2 and boot it. the result after the first boot is (at minicom console): root@odroidc2:~# cat…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 5.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, as the "huge eMMC" patch for Odroid C2 seems to work, I want to proceed now on PWM and SAR. I just installed a fresh system, and try to get both things working. Can someone give me a hint on which modules I need, and if some tweaking in device tree is needed? lsmod shows me that the SAR module seems to be present (meson_saradc), but I can't find the corresponding files on /sys/class/... Moreover, the meson_pwm.ko is present and can be modprobe'd, but I don't get any files unter /sys/class/pwm/ Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Michael
-
I recently bought a 64 GB eMMC module (chip on orange board) from Ordoid/Hardkernel but u-boot does not recognize the eMMC. What I did: installed the official Armbian_20.11.10_Odroidc2_focal_current_5.9.14.img.xz with Etcher on SD card booted successfully from SD card, eMMC is accessible from within Armbian/Ubuntu executed nand-sata-install to transfer the system to eMMC, which completed without error messages shutdown the system, removed SDcard and restarted it The serial console displayed the following: U-Boot 2020.10-armbian (Jan 05 2021 - 01:40:47 +0100) odroid-c2 …
-
Hi, maybe someone can give me a hint on this issue. I'm working on U-Boot v2017.11 currently, and just found out that on the Odroid C2 env settings are not changable inside the eMMC, but only at compile time for Uboot. I use an 16GB eMMC, not a sdcard. So my question is: where and to what values have the following CONFIG_* parameters be set to have env settings changeable by setenv and saveenv in Uboot again? #define CONFIG_ENV_SIZE (32 * SZ_1K) #define CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET (720 * SZ_1K) #define CONFIG_SYS_MMC_ENV_DEV 1 #define CONFIG_SYS_MMC_ENV_PART 0 That's what I tried inside the include/config…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello armbian community, I am coming from the official Hardkernel minimal Ubuntu image to armbian (I need a newer kernel than the 3.16 in Hardkernel images). I'd like a headless setup, so I have downloaded and flashed what is inside Armbian_5.49_Odroidc2_Debian_stretch_next_4.17.3.7z. So far so good, the image boots to login prompt. However when I want to log in, the characters typed do not appear on the screen. I have tried several keyboards (one of them being the same keyboard I'm typing this post on so I know it works), both wired and wireless, connected directly or via a USB hub, still nothing. I've also tried flashing the desktop image from Armbian_5.49_O…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Once apon a time I had the Armbian system working (though chrome was missing). I have since upgraded to the kernel 3.14.79 and the console videomode seems to have extra text that I can't see at the bottom of the screen where the prompt is. That is, I can't see when I type, I only see after I hit return a couple of times and the result scrolls up. I have customized my videomode correctly,I think, and all this used to work, so what should I do? Unrelated but... From what I can tell, there seem to be a lot of issues with this hardware on Armbian for lots of people. Wondering if I should just give up on this piece of otherwise awesome hardware and move on with my…
-
The screen will display for a minute or two before the display will stop and the screen is blank. After 4 minutes the display is back ON. Armbian_21.02.3_Odroidc4_focal_current_5.10.21_xfce_desktop Last errors reported; Mar 11 20:00:00 odroidc4 systemd-udevd[1507]: card1: Worker [1535] failed Mar 11 20:00:00 odroidc4 systemd-udevd[1507]: Worker [1535] terminated by signal 9 (KILL) Mar 11 20:00:00 odroidc4 systemd-udevd[1507]: card1: Worker [1535] processing SEQNUM=2984 killed Mar 11 20:00:00 odroidc4 systemd-udevd[1535]: card1: Spawned process '/usr/local/bin/hdmi-hotplug' [4565] timed out after 2min 59s, killing Mar 11 19:59:14…
-
Hi, On an Odroid C2, I used to read IP camera stream with ffmpeg without HW decoding, as it was not available yet. After reading many threads on this forum, regarding hw decoding through ffmpeg, I decided to give a try....but without any success. First of all, I tried to decode the Sintel.2010.720p.mkv file, and it worked well. This is the command I used: ffmpeg -c:v h264_v4l2m2m -i Sintel.2010.720p.mkv -an -vf fps=1 -f image2 -strftime 1 "/dev/shm/cam1_%S.jpg" (This takes a snapshot every second from the video file) And I got this output: [h264_v4l2m2m @ 0xaaaab68e84f0] driver 'meson-vdec' on card 'Amlogic Video Deco…
-
hi all i try unixbench (Version 5.1.3) compared with orange pi PC's System Benchmarks Index Score 202.0 Benchmark Run: ç« 5月 03 2016 23:39:28 - 00:07:31 0 CPUs in system; running 1 parallel copy of tests Dhrystone 2 using register variables 7827597.5 lps (10.0 s, 7 samples) Double-Precision Whetstone 915.0 MWIPS (9.8 s, 7 samples) Execl Throughput 459.3 lps (29.9 s, 2 samples) File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks 176763.8 KBps (30.0 s, 2 samples) File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks 53800.0 KBps (30.0 s, 2 samples) File Copy 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks 43140…
-
I flashed the image Armbian_20.08.1_Odroidc4_buster_current_5.8.5.img on my new odroid c4 without installing the latest updates (see my other post with no boot anymore after kernel update). After this I started via softy installation of omv5. During installation I wondered why my ssh connection was gone without any output. During installation there is a reboot of the os and the networking is not coming up anymore. I tried to find out and found: - armbian uses network manager for networking and the default config file is for dhcp - after omv5 installation network manager seems to be deinstalled and also there is a new empty config file under /e…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Odroid C2 not booting Armbian 5.25 Odroid C2 Debian jessie default 3.14.79 after reboot te system never came up. red solid light. blue blinking light. Please help. uart log added: Spoiler GXBB:BL1:08dafd:0a8993;FEAT:EDFC318C;POC:3;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:0; TE: 269146 no sdio debug board detected BL2 Built : 11:44:26, Nov 25 2015. gxb gfb13a3b-c2 - jcao@wonton Board ID = 8 set vcck to 1100 mv set vddee to 1050 mv CPU clk: 1536MHz DDR channel setting: DDR0 Rank0+1 same DDR0: 2048MB(auto) @ 912MHz(2T)-13 DataBus test pass! AddrBus…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
armbian on Odroid C2 4.13 or mainline 4.14?
-
Hello, I using up to date Armbian Stretch with kernel 4.19.41-meson64 #5.85 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 8 12:40:37 CEST 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux. I started using TP-Link TL-WN722N V1 USB WiFi dongle recently. Unfortunately Armbian has crashed and rebooted once during I using such USB dongle. I tried to reproduce this bug once more but I can't. I have installed firmware-atheros package for this USB dongle. Should I install armbian-firmware-full package instead of firmware-atheros? It could help? Log: Spoiler May 11 14:23:25 xxx kernel: [ 2690.401749] usb 1-1.1: new high-speed USB device number 8 using dwc2 May 11 14:23:2…
-
Hi there, after updating the kernel to the latest version, the odroid-c2 only boots if a keyboard is present. If I disconnect the keyboard (which is and was the normal situation), on next reboot, I get a message "Enter root password for maintenance or press CONTROL-D to continue". Obviously, I'd greatly appreciate being able to boot my Odroid without having to connect a keyboard all the time. Best, Bastian
-
Hi, I have a Radxa Zero 4+64 GB model SBC. I saw new Xiaomi 4k tv stick and it has Amlogic S905Y4 and it has similar performance to S905Y2. I wonder when radxa zero will get h/w acceleration to use all potential of SoC. If there is already got h/w acceleration support, I'm sorry for writing this questions. I tried radxa debian (official), manjaro and armbian images. All of them not able to play videos smoothly in firefox. Thanks for all replies.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Is this https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/24299 a known issue with 5.60? In https://github.com/armbian/testings it's written that 'USB hot plugging' doesn't work which is something I'm fine with. But what does 'networking sometimes doesn't work' means exactly? @Igor since I've seen you submitted the test report. What does that mean wrt networking? Isn't the next branch meant as a 'stable' branch where basic functionality has to work flawlessly? Did networking work prior to 5.60 release?
-
Hi everyone I've tried to flash "armbian*.raw" downloaded from here: http://www.armbian.com/odroid-c2/URL] the "Jessie desktop" version. I have a panasonic 16gb micro SD card They say that the ".raw" image can be written with Rufus...but they don't explain what kind of settings should I have to use. I've tried many of that settings bit with no result...the program always says "DONE" but when I put it in the odroid there's no boot. Does anyone know a "how to flash" please?? Inviato dal mio SHIELD Tablet utilizzando Tapatalk
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi! Odroid&ARM newbie here! Trying to boot Armbian on HC4, no picture coming up. I guess my problem is my old LCD display that im connecting with hdmi-vga connector. Display and connector are working, i tried with Odroid ubuntu SD-card, but when i ordered i didnt realize its Ubuntu-minimal. (My internet comes from mobile wifi hotspot, and i have no idea how to install GUI in there. Also Odroid wifi-bluetooth dongle is a pita) In Ubuntu, to get the monitor working i changed lines in boot.ini and conf.ini, no idea which of those files is the right one. My working lines in those Odroid Ubuntu 20.04 files are: setenv display_autode…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello.. What kernel version is used in armbian? Hardkernel latest release is 3.14.80 .. armbian uses 3.14.74. ( i suppose the versioning is the same only older kernel is used on armbian). Is it possible to add harkernel repo and upgrade the kernel without braking anything? Thank you,
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.1k views
-
-
After update the firefox does not run making the image for odroid c2 more or less useless...
-
Installed from Armbian_5.14_Odroidc2_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.72. Tested in two different Odroid C2's. One with EMMC, the other with SD CARD and fully updated. Procedure: fallocate -l 2G /root/2GB.file cp /root/2GB.file /. After that all sort of erratic behavior from the board and eventually it crashes. In /var/log/kern.log: Aug 19 14:28:01 localhost kernel: [ 669.078129] INFO: rcu_preempt detected stalls on CPUs/tasks: { 3} (detected by 2, t=33627 jiffies, g=296, c=295, q=84431) Aug 19 14:28:01 localhost kernel: [ 669.083412] Task dump for CPU 3: Aug 19 14:28:01 localhost kernel: [ 669.083418] kthread_hdcp R running task 0 65 2 0x00000002 Aug 19 1…