Amlogic meson
Community maintained Amlogic boards
267 topics in this forum
-
Hi all, I have a problem with current DEV kernel. On some boards, everything works nicely, and after booting the kernel network is stable, on some other C2 boards, I get error messages on the eth0 dwmac, and no network: [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [0x410fd034] [ 0.000000] Linux version 5.3.15-meson64 (root@skylake) (gcc version 7.4.1 20181213 [linaro-7.4-2019.02 revision 56ec6f6b99cc167ff0c2f8e1a2eed33b1edc85d4] (Linaro GCC 7.4-2019.02)) #5.99 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 12 11:12:47 CET 2019 [ 0.000000] Machine model: Hardkernel ODROID-C2 [ 0.000000] Reserved memory: created CMA memory pool at 0x000000006d800000, size 256 MiB […
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Would it be possible to get a "minimal" build of Armbian based on Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble) for the Radxa Zero 2? Thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I run my ODROID C2 from eMMC, and after upgrading u-boot default to 5.38 booting no longer works. It looks like it cannot read the root partition and then reboots (and it will just keep rebooting). If I downgrade to u-boot 5.35 the system starts normally. This is the boot log from serial (first boot to start of the second): https://hastebin.com/raw/qajacahipe
-
Reputation Points
- 28 replies
- 12.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, I'm working on adding baudrate changes to recent Uboot v2017.11 for the Odroid C2. Took some time to understand the way Uboot handles access to hardware... I tried to get some clean solution, and wanted to ask on how I can submit my changes to the main developpers. Would be great if you could give me a hint on that issue. I still need some time for testing the changes, so it is not urgent (we need this feature to have 9600 8N1 access to the C2, as it will be deployed on a place without easy access So far, Michael
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear all, I have a problem related to my freshly installed Armbian 5.44 on Odroid C2. Everything is working fine except my external HDD is not recognized anymore. On v5.33 all was working fine. Disc is 500 GB, ext4 formatted. I'm using original power supply from Odroid C2 and haven't got power issues so far. Here is output of armbianmonitor -u : http://ix.io/1bZw Thanks in advance! ;-)
-
Hello armbian community, I am coming from the official Hardkernel minimal Ubuntu image to armbian (I need a newer kernel than the 3.16 in Hardkernel images). I'd like a headless setup, so I have downloaded and flashed what is inside Armbian_5.49_Odroidc2_Debian_stretch_next_4.17.3.7z. So far so good, the image boots to login prompt. However when I want to log in, the characters typed do not appear on the screen. I have tried several keyboards (one of them being the same keyboard I'm typing this post on so I know it works), both wired and wireless, connected directly or via a USB hub, still nothing. I've also tried flashing the desktop image from Armbian_5.49_O…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi. I have experimented to make a csc for Khadas Vim2, similar to the one we already have for Vim1. It works pretty well. But I just wanted to check with the dev community before incorporating it to the build system, how do you guys feel about it.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Folks, I've flashed a 16GB eMMC 5.0 card with Armbian and it's booted up on a Rev 2 Odroid C2, but it only gets as far as the attached picture shows. I've left it overnight to see if it gets any better and it's still stalled. The blue LED ("disk" activity) is a steady 2-beat heartbeat which to me sounds like it's stuck trying to seek whatever happens next. I wanted to leave it overnight and also post here before attempting to fix via rebooting, then re-flashing if I have to. Anyone see this before? Sorry this is my first go at Armbian and it's on a brand new device - I come from the mx6 world.
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 7.1k views
-
-
[ 0.206220] soc soc0: Amlogic Meson GXBB (S905) Revision 1f:0 (b:1) Detected [ 0.206304] of_clk_hw_onecell_get: invalid index 126 [ 0.206308] clk: couldn't get assigned clock 0 for /soc/aobus@c8100000/sys-ctrl@0/power-controller-vpu [ 0.206319] meson_gx_pwrc_vpu: probe of c8100000.sys-ctrl:power-controller-vpu failed with error -22 [ 0.279579] dwc2 c9000000.usb: c9000000.usb supply vusb_d not found, using dummy regulator [ 0.279624] dwc2 c9000000.usb: c9000000.usb supply vusb_a not found, using dummy regulator [ 0.280758] phy phy-c0000000.phy.0: USB ID detect failed! [ 0.280764] phy phy-c0000000.phy.0: phy poweron failed…
-
Hello.. What kernel version is used in armbian? Hardkernel latest release is 3.14.80 .. armbian uses 3.14.74. ( i suppose the versioning is the same only older kernel is used on armbian). Is it possible to add harkernel repo and upgrade the kernel without braking anything? Thank you,
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.1k views
-
-
Hi, I am on my third attempt at running armbian on my C2. 16GB eMMC (purchased through Hardkernel) card. The image is; Armbian_5.20_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_3.14.79_desktop.img On the last two attempts I have followed the getting started guide and performed an update/upgrade after install; apt-get update apt-get upgrade All setup proceeded without issue. However, the C2 refused to restart with a steady blue light on the board (no heartbeat). This is my third attempt and so far I have not upgraded and have tested restart and shutdown a few times...all working well. Can you give me any advice on this issue? Should I wait for a new image?
-
Hi All, I'm tring to make Ocroid C2 working with PiSound shield. https://github.com/BlokasLabs/pisound/tree/master/pisound-module I've compiled the module, an I'm able to install it properly. I've changed the DTS in this way --- pisound-overlay.dts 2019-01-22 23:28:59.460427794 +0000 +++ pisound-overlay_odroid.dts 2019-01-23 01:48:20.198204778 +0000 @@ -20,10 +20,9 @@ /dts-v1/; /plugin/; -#include <dt-bindings/gpio/gpio.h> - +#include "/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.15-meson64/include/dt-bindings/gpio/gpio.h" / { - compatible = "brcm,bcm2708"; + compatible = "amlogic,meson-gxbb"; fragment@0 { target = <&spi0>; …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi! I try to use GPIO on BananaPi M5 board. But interface doesn't work. Armbian 23.05.1 Jammy with Linux 6.1.30-meson64. /boot/armbianEnv.txt: verbosity=1 console=both overlay_prefix=meson fdtfile=amlogic/meson-sm1-bananapi-m5.dtb rootdev=UUID=d099eb25-cf52-43fb-b826-535b9109637f rootfstype=ext4 overlays=w1-gpio usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u m5@bananapim5:~$ dmesg | grep w1 [ 7.568386] w1-gpio onewire@0: gpio_request (pin) failed [ 7.607814] w1-gpio onewire@0: gpio_request (pin) failed [ 7.620109] w1-gpio onewire@0: gpio_request (pin) failed [ 7.662444] w1-gpio onewire@0: gpio_request (pin) failed [ …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi armbian team ! I've been running my Odroid C2 for almost 2 years with the only then available distro for my board : odrobian. As that distro is now left without maintainer, I'm turning to other distros and am glad to see my board supported by armbian (which I currently use on various Orange Pi boards). Is there a path to migrate my Odroid C2 installation from odrobian to armbian with minimum downtime ? (it's a server) Or should I consider installing everything from scratch on another board and copy my configuration there ? Thanks !
-
Odroid C2: next and dev kernels do recognize USB hard-drives The stable kernel does. Kernel configuration issue?
-
I tried Armbian_20.11.0-trunk.32_Odroidc2_focal_current_5.9.8.img and Armbian_20.11.0-trunk.32_Odroidc2_buster_current_5.9.8.img and both will not boot after apt upgrade. Armbian_20.08.22_Odroidc2_focal_current_5.9.6.img will not come up after sudo reboot and has to be power cycled. I believe the latter has been a persistent issue.
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 4.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I figure I'd make this a new post. Thanks to @Markus_ and @Igor for their help. I'm still trying to get wifi module 3 working, but I'm happy to at least have an up to date C1 image. git clone --depth=1 --branch=master https://github.com/armbian/build cd build mkdir -p ./output/debs wget -c -O ./output/debs/linux-u-boot-current-odroidc1_23.02.0-trunk_armhf.deb http://apt.armbian.com/pool/main/l/linux-u-boot-odroidc1-current/linux-u-boot-current-odroidc1_21.02.3_armhf.deb ./compile.sh CLEAN_LEVEL= BOARD=odroidc1 BRANCH=current RELEASE=jammy REPOSITORY_INSTALL= BUILD_MINIMAL=no BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no KERNEL_ONLY=no COMPRES…
-
Reputation Points
- 87 replies
- 38.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, maybe someone can give me a hint on this issue. I'm working on U-Boot v2017.11 currently, and just found out that on the Odroid C2 env settings are not changable inside the eMMC, but only at compile time for Uboot. I use an 16GB eMMC, not a sdcard. So my question is: where and to what values have the following CONFIG_* parameters be set to have env settings changeable by setenv and saveenv in Uboot again? #define CONFIG_ENV_SIZE (32 * SZ_1K) #define CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET (720 * SZ_1K) #define CONFIG_SYS_MMC_ENV_DEV 1 #define CONFIG_SYS_MMC_ENV_PART 0 That's what I tried inside the include/config…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi - I'm running kernel 4.18.8-odroidc2 under stretch and I've installed linux-headers-next-odroidc2 linux-source-4.18.8-next-odroidc2 where the kernel image was linux-image-next-odroidc2 The system in general rocks - I was worried about not being able to use my RTL8812AU in the monitor mode - but it works! But I have 2 issues with 4.18.8-odroidc2, first the RTC PCF8563 module. The .config file includes the following entries CONFIG_RTC_DRV_PCF85363=m # CONFIG_RTC_DRV_PCF8563 is not set The Odroid C2 RTC shield is the one not set, namely, the PCF8563 …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I apologize, I can not speak English and have to write with google translator! will the mainline kernel master branch 5.1.y bionic and buster be finished before the support ends? so the display on hdmi and the hard disks on usb work and wlan?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I try to profiler the system, but could not find vmlinux binary and kernel debug symbol. The board is Odroid C4, SD card Image is download from armbian website Ubuntu 22.04.3 kernel 6.1.50-current-meson64 Thank you for help
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.3k views
-
-
Hi, I'm testing the Odroid C2 image (Armbian_5.10_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_3.14.67_desktop) on my C2. Flashing and verifying the image onto an emmc went fine. I made adjustments to the boot.ini ("setenv m "1280x1024p60hz"" and "setenv vout "dvi""). No problems creating a user and (first) booting into the gui. After a reboot I encounter problems with the gui resolution and colors: 1. most parts of a window is now black 2. no matter what I change in boot.ini, I don't get higher resolution then 1280x720 with black bars at the bottom and right https://picload.org/view/rgllllag/wp_20160518_001-kopie.jpg.html (pic had to be taken by cam since a screenshot doesn't show…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 8.1k views
-
-
It seems the networking in Armbian 5.59 is messed up. It creates a eth0 adapter (disabled) and Wired network 1 adapter. You can delete these in nmtui, but they always return. I had the same issue with NanoPi Duo using mainline Stable. I can get it to work a bit using armbian-config, removing all interfaces and configuring IP, but it gets screwed up again. I cannot trust to run 5.59 headless because I have no way to get into the SBC without hooking video back up.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello to all, I have an OdroidC4 with a Hardkernel HDMI Display VU7Aplus. I installed latest image 22.11 XFCE. I think the display size via display data channel is not properly handled. If a lot of text is to be displayed (see pic with the setting of the locale after first login), the lowest lines disappear. So you have to type in the language/continent/country settings blind, because there is no input prompt to be seen. Even when the GUI desktop starts, there is the same issue. When you open a terminal window, the lower border of the window disappears (see pic). Is there a way to configure the display size manually? I also did …
-
With my OPi Zero, I noticed that at random times the ethernet connection somehow gets disabled. The only way to recover is by power cycling. I use the device as Pi-Hole (so when ethernet gets disconnected, I don't have internet anymore), print server and UniFi controller. I decided to swap it for my Odroid C2. Odd enough the C2 has the same issue. Maybe someone can help me with this? When powercycled, the Odroid with the latest Armbian (installed two days ago) is all up and running fine. It can connect to the internet, I can SSH into it. The ethernet led is flashing orange, so the gigabit connection is available. However, at rondom times the ethernet led…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
I needed a kernel upgrade to be able to run some applications. I value stability over cutting edge features so I decided to try the Debian image. However I detected a few things that are not working properly. 1. USB almost never works. Most of the time my very plain USB keyboard won't be detected. There is an error message right at the start of the boot sequence "Failed to get keyboard state from device[...]". I have to shutdown and start multiple times by plugging off the power cable and I also keep trying different USB ports. Some rare times the keyboard will work though, even with the above error message. Even rarely I don’t see the error message at the boo…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi. Running Armbian Buster on Odroid C-2, Linux odroidc2 5.4.35-meson64 #trunk SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 23 18:16:56 CEST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux With "armbian-config" I'm triyng to switch to another Kernel without success, error on "switch_kernel.log" file is: linux-image-dev-meson64=20.05.0-trunk.130 linux-dtb-dev-meson64=20.05.0-trunk.130 linux-u-boot-odroidc2-dev Any idea?
-
Hello, After installing Armbian 5.59 I have problems with sound. When I install the distribution with the 4.14.69 kernel, I have an intermittent sound. When with 4.18.7 sound is missing. How can I fix it? Is it possible to change the kernel? If so, please follow the instructions step by step. greetings trebor
-
Hello, So I have ODROID C2 running latest Armbian bionic with kernel 5.6.11-meson64 #trunk.130. I have a Quectel E25 4G LTE modem connected via USB port. Everything works like a charm - BUT - whenever I try to download (or upload) even small amounts of data, I get kernel panic and the process hangs. Sometimes, the whole device crashes. It happens only when I try to download or upload data. Even trying to paste large amount of text into a terminal text editor causes kernel panic. This does NOT happen if I'm connected via ethernet. Here's the dmesg (while I was trying to wget a file) - [ 155…
-
Please delete! I just found the problem. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Hi guys, i'm running an Odroid C4 with Armbian Jammy. uname -a Linux Homeserver 6.0.13-meson64 #22.11.2 SMP PREEMPT Sun Dec 18 16:52:19 CET 2022 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux Everything works fine so far. Today I just bought an external ssd drive "SanDisk Portable SSD 1TB". I can mount and use it, but the speed seams quit slow to me. The packaging of the ssd say "up to 520MB/s" and the USB 3.0 ports should have higher speed than this: …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
What would cause the following dialog to show up when running a binary? : No such file or directory When I run strace against the file I get the following for the execution command. execve("./spyserver", ["./spyserver"], [/* 20 vars */]) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
-
Hi, I recently installed a fresh Armbian and did some tests. I noticed two major problems: Video is not accelerated: it is absolutely unusable with kodi Bluetooth seems absent (missing from DTB? other reason?) Please find below execution outputs of some commands: root@nanopik2-s905:~$ cat /etc/armbian-release # PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BOARD=nanopik2-s905 BOARD_NAME="NanoPi K2" BOARDFAMILY=meson-gxbb BUILD_REPOSITORY_URL=https://github.com/armbian/build BUILD_REPOSITORY_COMMIT=b9814056 DISTRIBUTION_CODENAME=focal DISTRIBUTION_STATUS=supported VERSION=20.11.3 LINUXFAMILY=meson64 BRANCH=current ARCH=arm64 IMAGE_TYPE=sta…
-
Hi. I want to use CAN interface on ODROID C2 board. I use external CAN-bus controller like MCP2515 via SPI interface. So, i need to enable SPI and CAN-bus peripherals and in kernel. So, could someone explain me how to do that? I know about device tree, but don`t know what to do. Just give me some guide links about device tree management, any examples, etc.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
I am trying to connect a PPS source to an ODROID-C2 board using GPIO. I am running Armbian 19.11.3 Buster, with kernel 5.3.11-meson64. I downloaded the Armbian kernel source for this kernel, added the following to meson-gxbb-odroidc2.dts, and compiled and installed it: pps { compatible = "pps-gpio"; gpios = <&gpio GPIOY_3 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>; status = "okay"; interrupt-parent = <&gpio_intc>; interrupts = <26 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_LOW>; }; When I boot and load the pps-gpio module, I get the following error: pps-gpio pps: failed to map GPIO to IRQ: -6 pps-gpio: probe of pps failed with error -22 …
-
Hi there, I've an odroid C2 device used for home automation and running armbian (uname -a) : Linux odroidc2 4.19.69-meson64 which is running stable with no problem. Yesterday, I've downloaded a fresh image of latest armbian for odroid C2, named Armbian_21.02.1_Odroidc2_buster_current_5.10.12.img.xz. Put it on a new SD card and booted. It booted correctly but I've NO network. The LAN chip doesnt work at all, altough it appear in the device list I've theses entries in dmesg: [ 2.217600] meson8b-dwmac c9410000.ethernet: IRQ eth_wake_irq not found [ 2.217611] meson8b-dwmac c9410000.ethernet: IRQ eth_lpi not found [ 2.217694] meson8b-dwmac c9…
-
Reputation Points
- 90 replies
- 45k views
- 6 followers
-
-
I have a 8gb SD card and 64gb eMMC. I want to put Armbian on the SD and use eMMC for high disk usage activities. When using the eMMC it will always boot of that device. You can alter the boot.ini to get it to boot off the SD once it reads the boot information from the eMMC. I installed Odroid Mate on BOTH the eMMC (to get the boot partition created) and the SD I can get it to use the installed OS from the SD card. Original Odroid boot.ini from eMMC: setenv bootargs "root=UUID=74ce0af9-be77-4ebe-9308-c06feb2ecef9 rootwait ro ${condev} no_console_suspend ... # Booting fatload mmc 0:1 ${initrd_loadaddr} uInitrd fatload mmc 0:1 ${loadaddr} Image fatload mmc 0:…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 11.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I installed Armbian on my Odroid C2 and need to run a 32-bit application. When I try to run it I get No such file or directory so I tried to install ia32-libs but can't find it for Armbian, even tried to compile the application on my Odroid C2 but it runs out of memory (tried with swap files too but it didn't work). Can someone lend me a hand please? Thanks
-
Hi, maybe someone can give me a hint... I have a running system now on 128GB eMMC card, and wanto to use GPIO. I have /sys/class/gpio/ with export, and unexport files, and two gpiochip0 and gpiochip14 entries. Unfortunately I can't export pins, as export 231 > /sys/class/gpio/export gives me a (as user and root) bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument Any help is appreciated. EDIT: works now. It is somehow a bit complicated, as the "usual" numbers as known from 3.x kernels vanished. Debug output shows two "gpiochips", with a certain number of pins, which you have to correlate to the device tree enums for that "chips" - …
-
Hi guys, After some time I get enough brave to do apt upgrade on my Odroid C2 (after month or two).. I updated following packages: Start-Date: 2018-08-07 11:09:56 Commandline: apt upgrade Install: html2text:arm64 (1.3.2a-18, automatic), debconf-utils:arm64 (1.5.56+deb8u1, automatic) Upgrade: ncurses-term:arm64 (5.9+20140913-1+deb8u2, 5.9+20140913-1+deb8u3), libtinfo5:arm64 (5.9+20140913-1+deb8u2, 5.9+20140913-1+deb8u3), linux-dtb-odroidc2:arm64 (5.40, 5.54), libncurses5:arm64 (5.9+20140913-1+deb8u2, 5.9+20140913-1+deb8u3), libncursesw5:arm64 (5.9+20140913-1+deb8u2, 5.9+20140913-1+deb8u3), ncurses-bin:arm64 (5.9+20140913-1+deb8u2, 5.9+20140913-1+deb8u3), b…
-
I did a quick install of the desktop image for the ODROID C2. It sees no audio devices (HDMI - or any of the half dozen or so USB Audio devices I quickly tried). However, I have a app I wrote that builds a custom "kitchen sink" version of FFMPEG (everything is enabled). I built it on the C2 (to get a compile time), and noticed the sound did work from the app (and it sounded great). I wish I would have had more time to investigate why no audio devices are detected, and further, why I am able to play sound (only from the one app). Sorry. I am just trying to be helpful in saying "hey - the sound IS there - some users just may not be able to immediately get to…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all am trying to make a router out of my odroid c2 using the mainline kernel but am trying to configure mini jumbo frames to support my PPPoE on a FTTP line but am getting errors from the kernel when attempting to enable the 1508MTU needed to support it. my question is do these adaptors support jumbo frames on any kernel or is it just the mainline kernel not supporting them.
-
Hi everyone, I have Radxa Zero 4GB-64GeMMC model. I'm using latest Armbian (22.05.3) on microSD card. I want to connect my portable SSD (500GB) to RZ with USB3.0 hub that has additional power imput to support energy hungry devices. I checked usb hub is working with 16GB usb flash. My ssd use realtek RTL9210 chip. I also get similar problem with 32gb mSD card formatted with FAT32. When I connected the SD card reader, other device that uses same hub become slaggish and do not working properly. If I unplag sd card or ssd everything back normal. I thing there is a driver problem. Radxa Zero Diagnostic Dump
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I broke my /boot on eMMC and my Beelink GT1 is in boot loop. I can't configure u-boot to boot from the SD card to reinstall it. Can you help me reconfigure u-boot to boot from the SD card? Thx printenv bootargs=rootfstype=ramfs init=/init console=ttyS0,115200 no_console_suspend earlyprintk=aml-uart,0xc81004c0 ramoops.mem_address=0x20000000 ramoops.mem_size=0x100000 ramoops.record_size=0x8000 ramoops.console_size=0x4000 androidboot.selinux=permissive logo=osd1,loaded,0x3f800000,576cvbs hdmimode=720p60hz cvbsmode=576cvbs hdmitx= androidboot.firstboot=0 mac=86:48:d8:49:99:56 androidboot.mac=86:48:d8:49:99:56 bootcmd=run start_aut…
-
I recently uploaded Armbian_20.11_Odroidc4_focal_current 5.9.12_desktop.img.xz onto a new Odroid-C4. Booting up and getting started hasn't been a problem, but I've been interested in driving some brushless motors using a PWM control signal and started looking through the device tree. The C4 is supposed to have a total of 6 PWM outputs, spread over 3 pwmchip devices, which (I believe) should be named pwmchip0, pwmchip4, and pwmchip8. However, upon navigating to /sys/class/pwm, I'm only seeing pwmchip0. This seems a little odd, because if PWM was entirely disabled in the device tree, I wouldn't have expected that any of the chips would have appeared. Not sure if this is a b…
-
The latest apt-get upgrade on my board running Focal updated all but two (described below) of the following packages: armbian-firmware armbian-focal-desktop-xfce armbian-zsh bluez bluez-obexd libbluetooth3 libnss-myhostname libpam-systemd libsecret-1-0 libsecret-common libsmbclient libsystemd0 libudev1 libwbclient0 linux-dtb-current-meson64 linux-image-current-meson64 linux-libc-dev linux-u-boot-odroidc4-current python3-samba samba samba-common samba-common-bin samba-libs smbclient systemdsystemd-sysv udev This generated a new initramfs and uboot updates so I rebooted afterwards to make sure everything was ok. Now, the Light Display Manager has …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 7k views
-
-
Once apon a time I had the Armbian system working (though chrome was missing). I have since upgraded to the kernel 3.14.79 and the console videomode seems to have extra text that I can't see at the bottom of the screen where the prompt is. That is, I can't see when I type, I only see after I hit return a couple of times and the result scrolls up. I have customized my videomode correctly,I think, and all this used to work, so what should I do? Unrelated but... From what I can tell, there seem to be a lot of issues with this hardware on Armbian for lots of people. Wondering if I should just give up on this piece of otherwise awesome hardware and move on with my…
-
Hello everybody! I want setup my nonopi k2 as small home server, but I ran intoproblem with microSD that ruined all my plans. The trouble is that under load such as downloading or unpacking files (about 100M) or even doing 'apt update' can couse I/O errors. In dmesg I see lines like this: [ 309.344144] mmc0: tried to reset card, got error -110 [ 309.344157] print_req_error: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 13022080 [ 309.344169] print_req_error: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 13022088 [ 309.344176] print_req_error: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 13022096 [ 309.344183] print_req_error: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 13022104 [ 309.344190] print_req_erro…
-
Hello Igor, In past threads, it seems a bit argued about the zram module, but will not the zram module be enabled by default on other arm boards? I am using odroid-c2, but it is effective in hardkernel? It seems that it is becoming. If possible, if Armbian seems to have no problem, I want it to be valid. https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=20116 $ grep "ZRAM" /boot/config-3.14.79-odroidc2 CONFIG_ZRAM=y # CONFIG_ZRAM_LZ4_COMPRESS is not set # CONFIG_ZRAM_DEBUG is not set $ lsmod | grep zram $ cat /etc/armbian-release # PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BOARD=odroidc2 BOARD_NAME="Odroid C2" VERSION=5.31 LINUXF…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I am using up to date Armbian Buster. TP-Link TL-WN722N V1 USB WiFi dongle causes system crashes after kernel upgrade to 5.4.12-meson64 #19.11.8 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 16 20:12:23 CET 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux. Before updating the kernel, I had no such problem. Feb 12 20:17:15 xxx systemd[1]: Found device AR9271 802.11n. Feb 12 20:17:15 xxx systemd[1]: Started ifup for wlx54e6fc8d208e. Feb 12 20:17:15 xxx wpa_supplicant[2360]: Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant Feb 12 20:17:15 xxx sh[2344]: wlx54e6fc8d208e=wlx54e6fc8d208e Feb 12 20:17:17 xxx wpa_supplicant[2361]: Using interface wlx54e6fc8d208e with hwaddr 54:e6:fc:8d:20:8e and ssid "mynetwork" Fe…
-
Hi, I have C4 installed sdcard with bullseye from armbian website and all good first steps, change pass etc, update upgrade, no error on console and reboot from console it simple not rebooting, I need to power off all the time. I tried Jammy just for check that is worked so what is wrong with Bullseye? My armbianmonitor -u is at http://ix.io/4cyZ
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
I want tou share with you my experience with weston with mali wayland drivers https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=28426&start=50#p213474 Wish list: Can you guys add /lib/udev/rules.d/99-mali.rules KERNEL=="mali",SUBSYSTEM=="misc",MODE=="0777" to for all board with mali GPU And also set up directory and library cache for mali userspace drivers so all application will use mali version istead of mesa We still have problem with v-sync with amlogic DRM driver
-
Hi everyone, I'm trying to use the serial port on pins 8+10 on an ODroid C2. My understanding is that this maps to /dev/ttyS1 by default, but whenever I try to use this serial port, or any of ttyS0, S1, S2, S3, I get the error "Input/output error". root@odroidc2:~# stty raw -crtscts 9600 < /dev/ttyS1 stty: 'standard input': Input/output error root@odroidc2:~# cat /dev/ttyS1 cat: /dev/ttyS1: Input/output error I have done a lot of searching on this forum and others, and it sounds like this could be something I need to enable in my device tree config, or some kind of overlay, but I'm very new to this and couldn't find anything specific on what to do. I had a lo…
-
Reputation Points
- 28 replies
- 17.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, as the "huge eMMC" patch for Odroid C2 seems to work, I want to proceed now on PWM and SAR. I just installed a fresh system, and try to get both things working. Can someone give me a hint on which modules I need, and if some tweaking in device tree is needed? lsmod shows me that the SAR module seems to be present (meson_saradc), but I can't find the corresponding files on /sys/class/... Moreover, the meson_pwm.ko is present and can be modprobe'd, but I don't get any files unter /sys/class/pwm/ Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Michael
-
I am having an issue playing 24 bit files on my audio system. I am feeding from an Odroid C2 running Armbian Ubuntu to a Schiit Yggrasil DAC, via USB. The problem is that while all 16 bit files play perfectly, all 24 bit files play with crackles and pops and are unlistenable. I am trying to figure out where the incompatibility lies in the USB interface between the units - is it a Linux issue (I've tried other distributions with the same results) or is it something in the hardware? Any thoughts on the issue would be most appreciated.
-
Hi, I've downloaded and successfully installed Armbian_5.47_Odroidc2_Debian_stretch_default_3.16.57 on an Odroid C2 (eMMC) : HDMI output is working fine. Then I ran: apt-get update then apt-get upgrade then I got a message saying that the kernel has been updated and that I need to reboot. After the reboot, I have no HDMI output anymore. SSH is available and board seems to be working fine. For information, after the update: uname -a Linux jeedom 3.16.57-odroidc2 #72 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 19 12:32:15 CEST 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux Tried this without success. I've tested with other cable and screen, no success.
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone I've tried to flash "armbian*.raw" downloaded from here: http://www.armbian.com/odroid-c2/URL] the "Jessie desktop" version. I have a panasonic 16gb micro SD card They say that the ".raw" image can be written with Rufus...but they don't explain what kind of settings should I have to use. I've tried many of that settings bit with no result...the program always says "DONE" but when I put it in the odroid there's no boot. Does anyone know a "how to flash" please?? Inviato dal mio SHIELD Tablet utilizzando Tapatalk
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A few weeks ago, after a firmware-upgrade my C2 bricked. It's blue led didn't flash any more and no serial console was available. Since I had everything setup just right I wanted to recover it using these steps here: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Recovery/#replacing-boot Off course I replaced the packages with the ones for the C2. Specifically: https://mirrors.dotsrc.org/armbian-apt/pool/main/l/linux-5.9.14-meson64/linux-dtb-current-meson64_20.11.3_arm64.deb https://mirrors.dotsrc.org/armbian-apt/pool/main/l/linux-5.9.14-meson64/linux-image-current-meson64_20.11.3_arm64.deb https://mirrors.dotsrc.org/armbian-apt/pool/main/l/linux-bust…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Thanks to g4751 for doing the tests for Odroid-HC4. The tests for the Odroid-C2 were performed by myself. Tests were performed on Armbian 24.08 Official releases. Fix is to add a section to the DTB to enable a recently (last year) added kernel driver "meson64-reboot" that is an updated version of the "odroid-reboot" in older kernels. For Odroid-C2: - save your existing DTB - use DTC to convert DTB->DTS - modify the DTS with the code below - use DTC to convert DTS->DTB - reboot (will fail because new DTB not loaded yet) - POR (will now load the new DTB) - log-in - reboot should now work. …
-
C2 running FAB! http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/2422-more-proper-testing-better-armbian-experience/page-2 Many thanks to Miike for the great wallpapers; http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/2417-armbian-wallpaper-remake/
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
Hello I use the odroidn2 build, (slightly patched with dts add patch) for my Dreambox one/two (s922X). My Broadcom Wlan chip BRCM4356A2 is not supported in either etch or current. This patches: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/patch/kernel/archive/meson64-6.0/general-meson-mmc-1-arm64-amlogic-mmc-meson-gx-Add-core-tx-rx-eMMC-SD-SD.patch https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/patch/kernel/archive/meson64-6.0/general-meson-mmc-2-arm64-amlogic-dts-meson-update-meson-axg-device-tree.patch prevent that. https://pastebin.com/Cbvd82R8 If I go back to the previous patch: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/patch/kernel/ar…
-
Hello, A GPS module ublox is connected to a odroid c2 board on GPIOX.12 and GPIOX.13 for the RX and TX and GPIOX.10 for the PPS. The board is running the stable kernel 4.19.42-meson64 from Armbian based on Debian stretch which was dist-upgraded to Debian buster. I am trying to get the /dev/pps0 entry using GPIOX.10 to finish the chrony setup but I cannot find the correct syntax in the DTS file. Any pointer or idea ? I try either of the gpios line below, none of them seems to be correct. pps { gpios = "< 0x1e 0x66 0x0 >"; #gpios = "<&gpiox 10 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>"; #gpios = "< 0x66 >"; assert-fall…
-
On the odroid c2 server I want to install jwm with xorg. What packages are needed for xorg? The log complains that it cannot find fbdev.
-
HI, I want use armbian on my odroid-c2. But I can't start it: - Ubuntu xenial 5.40, 3.14.79 loop on 'authentification ... token error' - Debian stretch next desktop4.14.30 don't make anything on screen But DietPi v60.0 Jessie work fine. The power supply is Odroid model. I try two sd card, sandisk ultra 64Go and Hc class 10 16Go: - dietpi is ok - 2 distrib of Armbian are Ko. About Debian stretch next, the blue led flash 2 time rapidely, without stop Could you help me? Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 24 replies
- 7.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Running ODroid HC4 on Armbian bookworm with Openmediavault 7 with docker compose plugin. I've done 2 clean installs to ensure the problem is reproducable and not something I meddled with. I spent time on Docker's forums running sample containers I was asked to try, they viewed my settings logs for docker and were at a loss. The containers go up fine and are running. They just cannot be accessed even from the host machine e.g. curl http://localhost:8080 fails when running a sample container docker hub forums supplied me with as a 'surefire' test. --- services: test_default_bridge: image: nginx:latest network_mode: bridge …
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 4.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, Having problems with instalation of certbot on latest armbian and Odroid C2...; root@odroidc2:/etc/apt# apt-get install certbot Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: certbot : Depends: python-certbot (= 0.8.1-2~bpo8+1) but it is not going to be installed E: Unable to correct…
-
I'm using an Odroid C2 and need some newer software packages than those found in the Ubuntu 16.04 repositories, so I installed the legacy (3.14.79) version of the Debian server edition of Armbian, then upgraded it to Debian 9. I've installed xorg, lightdm, etc and now have a very functional desktop. However, I want to install a 3D CAD program that **I think** would perform better if I had 3D accelerated graphics installed. I'm a complete noob when it comes to 3D graphics drivers. I assume they're not installed, as I see this on my Orange Pi PC 2 running the desktop version of Ubuntu: $ lsmod | grep mali mali_drm 2732 1 drm …
-
Hi guys, i have a question regarding the installation method of the two operating systems. On my OrangePI3 I booted the operating system from micro sd card and told armbian bionic that the eMMC memory will only be used as a boot loader while the rootfs of the actual operating system is installed on a connected USB stick. Is it the same with the Armbian Bionic for the Odroid C2 version? Or is it the case that the future operating system is written directly to the eMMC memory and booted from there? And then there was the reminder that Odroid C2 does not boot from USB. . . Can I use it as described for OrangePI3?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.1k views
- 2 followers
-