Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockchip

Community maintained Rockchip boards

  1. Hi, I'm using NanoPi M4 $ uname -a Linux nanopim4 4.4.213-rk3399 #3 SMP Mon Oct 5 15:53:54 CEST 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux and wondering if I can upgrade the linux kernel to 5.8.x without reinstalling other things. I tried armbian-config -> System -> Other All available options are those 4.4.213-rk3399 with different Armbian versions 20.08.x. I'm currently on 20.08.9 Appreciated any step, pointer Thank you

  2. How to modify kernel command line (cmdline) in nanoPC-T4 Lubuntu image ? I am using "rk3399-sd-lubuntu-desktop-xenial-4.4-armhf-20190926" image. I couldn't find u-boot config under /boot/ ! Can someone please suggest how to change the kernel command line without rebuilding the full image ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 7.5k views
  3. Title says it all: The Images offers by the site https://www.armbian.com/nanopineo3/ simply doesn't work on a NanoPi Neo3. I don't have a Serial-Connector to find out what's going on during the Boot-Process. I connected a Router on the Lan-Interface, and the Router never get a DHCP-Request from the Neo3. Tried multiple times, SD-Card is fine (tested). If I use an Image from a totally different Project (for Example "DietPi" which also offers a Neo3-Image), it works like a charm. Router gets DHCP-Request, I can connect using SSH (and so on), everything works. My Neo3 is working fine, Power-Supply is also good (it's made for Raspberry Pi and offers 5.1V and 3A...…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 7.4k views
  4. Hi. I testing out different images for my DIY NAS project. My plan is to use the Orangepi3b board with armbian bookworm and OMV. I have built images from armbian github, (main,trunk) the edge 6.7.10 kernel is working great. But I do get some Iperf3 retries when sending from Opi3b. From Opi3b 60-70MB/s To Opi3b 110MB/s. With Orangepi own bookworm image I have 110/110 and no retries. The same with Joshua Riek's Ubuntu server image, no retries and 110/110. Orangepi3b armbian with 6.7.10 kernel orangepi@orangepi3b:~$ iperf3 -c 192.168.10.197 -f M Connecting to host 192.168.10.197, port 5201 [ 5] local 192.168.10.155 port 56514 connected to 192.…

  5. Started by MBC,

    The NanoPi R4SE is similar to the NanoPi R5S. Would love to have an Armbian image for it.

    • Reputation Points

    • 9 replies
    • 7.4k views
  6. I had compiled the Armbian image: Buster server. It shows like: Linux version 5.4.35-rockchip64 (root@ubuntu-bionic) ??? uname -r 5.4.35-rockchip64 If I download the linux headers it downloads them, but version 5.4.32-rockchip64. If I do : apt-get source linux-source-$(uname -r) Reading package lists... Done E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list root@rockpi-4b:~# I can't compile the device drivers, since the headers are different.

    • Reputation Points

    • 11 replies
    • 7.3k views
  7. Started to test Armbian_19.11.5_Rockpi-4b_buster_current_5.4.6.img and I could not boot off of the eMMC. So I put Armbian_19.11.5_Rockpi-4b_buster_current_5.4.6.img on an SD card and formatted my eMMC. I was then able to get the Rock Pi 4 to boot successfully. It looks like the kernel can not initialize the eMMC. Here are some messages from dmesg on boot: [ 53.338988] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: IDMAC supports 32-bit address mode. [ 53.339028] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: Using internal DMA controller. [ 53.339048] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: Version ID is 270a [ 53.339126] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: DW MMC controller at irq 28,32 bit host …

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 7.3k views
  8. Happy new year everyone, So I really do not like the stub-resolver in Debian/Armbian , and I do not like forwarding any DNS request to any 3rd party in general. After some searching I found this: https://www.turek.dev/posts/disable-systemd-resolved-cleanly/ . Since we are on Armbian we need also remove the 00-armbian-default-dns.conf which points to cloudflare's 1.0.0.1 . 1. We probably do not need this, but just in case someone does not have it. sudo mkdir -p /etc/systemd/resolved.conf.d/ 2. We set the DNS Stub Listener to no and remove the comment from the line if applicable: sudo sed -i '/DNSStubListener=/s/^#//;s/=.*/=no/' /etc/…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 7.3k views
  9. I installed the Desktop images with Armbian Linux v6.1 (Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble), build Date: Feb 20, 2025), found that Chrome does not exist. Then I used the Synaptic Package Manager to install it, but the following error appeared: Firefox also not work nor cannot update. If anyone experencied the same? Thanks.

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 7.3k views
  10. Started by slymanjojo,

    Anybody have an idea what these message being written to dmesg?! Linux Hell64 5.9.11-rockchip64 #20.11.1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 27 21:59:08 CET 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux -snip- [Wed Dec 9 04:37:51 2020] NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 08 [Wed Dec 16 22:54:43 2020] NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 08 [Thu Dec 17 02:35:38 2020] NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 08 Anything to be alarmed about?

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 7.3k views
  11. Hello, I was trying to boot Armbian 6.10 from https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-5-pro/ minimal or normal desktop, none of them are working/booting, maybe hint what am I doing wrong? Thank you

  12. Hi, Tested the current build (Armbian_19.11.3_Rockpi-4b_buster_current_5.3.11_desktop.7z) on a Rock Pi 4 v1.3. Working well so far the past couple of hours. Its an amazing feeling to be able to run the mainline kernel with so little issues. Some minor things: The Red Led keeps on blinking with this build. Earlier it only blinked if there was error while booting. New to this board, so this maybe incorrect. I booted up Radxa image and there also red light was blinking. Sound via 3.5 mm jack not working. Inserted earphone, no output. Sound via HDMI works. Thanks for your work. Edit- System info: aaditya…

  13. If I transfer from Helios64 2.5Gbit Port to a client 2.5Gbit port I'll got a very slow transfer rate (Helios -> client around 200Mbit/s), vice versa full speed, switch is 2.5Gbit (Rj45 ethernet Cat7 cable).Testet with iperf. The switch monitoring indicates always 2 errors. I know about the Hardware issue of Lan-Port2, but it only effect 1Gbit transfer. Nevertheless in the Network are also mixed with 1Gbit clients. Is there anything I'll can try to get full 2.5Gbit speed?

  14. Started by pkfox,

    l used armbian-config to activate Bluetooth but get this message when I check the status root@nanopim4:~# /etc/init.d/bluetooth status ● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled) Active: inactive (dead) Condition: start condition failed at Thu 2019-06-06 07:17:58 BST; 11s ago └─ ConditionPathIsDirectory=/sys/class/bluetooth was not met Docs: man:bluetoothd(8) any ideas chaps ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 17 replies
    • 7.2k views
  15. Hello everyone! I need help. I was very happy to learn that Armbian support is now available for the Luckfox Lyra Ultra W! https://blog.armbian.com/github-highlights-5/ This board has 8GB of EMCC memory and the firmware needs to be loaded onto this EMCC. I went to this page in this mini guide https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/8862?ref=blog.armbian.com where is the author @vidplace7 clearly indicates how to correctly compile and install the firmware ./compile.sh BOARD=luckfox-lyra-ultra-w BRANCH=vendor KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no DEB_COMPRESS=xz KERNEL_BTF=yes INSTALL_ARMBIAN_FIRMWARE=no BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=yes RELEASE=trixie Boot from…

    • Reputation Points

    • 16 replies
    • 7.2k views
  16. Hello Everyone I have added Armbian for the Heltec HT-M2808 Helium Miner https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/6989#event-13647037453 https://heltec.org/project/ht-m2808/ To Compile ./compile.sh build BOARD=rk3328-heltec BRANCH=current BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=no EXPERT=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=yes KERNEL_GIT=shallow RELEASE=bookworm You can obviously decide to go with a desktop environment (board has no HDMI) or use a different release. How to Flash 1) Install Rockchip Flash Tools 2) Download bootloader (rk3328_loader_ddr333_v1.16.250.bin) attached here. 3) Boot device into LOADER mode. Plug USB Cable in to back …

  17. Started by Brian Morgret,

    I am attempting to use an arduino uno on a rockpi4 using armbian. The device is connecting but not bringing up /dev/ttyusb0. uname -a Linux rockpi4b 4.4.154-rk3399rockpi4b #26 SMP Mon Dec 10 09:26:20 CST 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux dmesg [ 98.230808] usb 7-1: new full-speed USB device number 3 using xhci-hcd [ 98.346089] usb 7-1: New USB device found, idVendor=1a86, idProduct=7523 [ 98.346115] usb 7-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0 [ 98.346130] usb 7-1: Product: USB2.0-Serial lsusb -t /: Bus 08.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 5000M /: Bus 07.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_h…

  18. I suggest adding a small patch for all u-boot for rk33xx. It allows to enable direct booting from USB media and significantly facilitates the use of RK33xx models for users. Allows you to easily launch any system from USB without the need for complex settings and manipulations with existing (main) systems on devices on SD or eMMC. The entire path fits in two lines. https://github.com/150balbes/Build-Armbian/blob/master/patch/u-boot/u-boot-arm-64/u-boot-0010-rk-usb-start.patch#L18

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 7.1k views
  19. Hello! First off, thanks for the amazing product you all have created - huge props to everyone who contributes! I have been trying to get Armbian completely working on my Orange Pi 5b for a week now. Most notably: WiFi. Just a few moments ago I set up a new build of Armbian again, on an empty SD card. The one from https://www.armbian.com/orangepi-5/, Armbian 23.5 Jammy Gnome, as the more recent builds' armbian-config don't seem to have an option to enable overlays. After doing the default setup (user, locale, and it asks for "connect via wifi?" but shows no WiFi devices), I ran armbian-config. I go to System -> Hardware, b…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 7.1k views
  20. I think I have somehow managed to remove my wlan0 interface. I've done a lot of testing on this M4V2 and am happy with my latest configuration and then I noticed my wlan0 interface is gone. I know it was there because I had tested it all (this box is going to my work office I'm not very good with the very low level stuff but this is what I have found sudo nmcli dev status DEVICE TYPE STATE CONNECTION eth0 ethernet connected Nano2Home lo loopback unmanaged -- jerry@nano2:~ $ sudo nmcli con show NAME UUID TYPE DEVICE Nano2Home bfe624a0-6c47-34c7-b947-350dd18b2059 ethernet eth0 Wi-Fi connection 1 62eadfc0-4456-4dc6-8624-771996a69834 w…

  21. Happy New Year for all, My old Samsung Monitor stopped working some days ago, and I dont know if it will be fixed, so I decided to buy a new LG 27'' Monitor. My Zorin OS and Windows on X64, Raspbian and Ubuntu On Raspberry PIs are working properly. But booting Armbian - Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble) on "Orange PI 5" and "Orange PI 5 Plus" My New monitor refuses to show any image (only black screen). "Orange PI OS XFCE" on "Orange PI 5" is OK on my new monitor. I took a litle look at boot files but I didn't find anything to fix this problem. Any idea to solve this problem??? Thanks, C…

  22. Started by oneofthemany,

    I have updated the armbian-firmware to full package: root@rock-3a:/lib/firmware/mediatek# ls -la /lib/firmware/mediatek/ | grep mt7915 -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 3584 Feb 17 22:23 mt7915_eeprom.bin -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 3584 Feb 17 22:23 mt7915_eeprom_dbdc.bin -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 144544 Feb 17 22:23 mt7915_rom_patch.bin -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 116160 Feb 17 22:23 mt7915_wa.bin -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 1260960 Feb 17 22:23 mt7915_wm.bin but my Mediatek 7915e seems to still be unsupported: root@rock-3a:/lib/firmware/mediatek# lspci 0000:00:00.0 PCI bridge: Rockchip Electronics Co., Ltd RK3568 Remote Signal Processor (rev 01) 0000:01:00…

  23. I am unable to play files over SMB, but I can't seem to figure out what the problem is exactly. From what I can tell it *seems* ffmpeg is compiled without networking support, at least this is what smplayer was complaining about: [ffmpeg] Protocol not found. Make sure ffmpeg/Libav is compiled with networking support. Failed to open smb://192.168.1.1/transmission/myfile.mkv. Exiting... (Errors when loading file) But when I look at the ffmpeg switches it was compiled with: --enable-libsmbclient and seems to be present. Now I'm a complete linux n00b, does anyone have an idea ?

  24. Started by jbergler,

    Continuing the discussion from here On a clean install of 20.08.21 im able to crash the box within a few hours of it being under load. It appears as if the optimisations are being applied root@helios64:~# cat /proc/sys/net/core/rps_sock_flow_entries 32768 The suggestion @ShadowDance made to switch to the performance governor hasn't helped. Anecdotally, I think I remember the crashes always mentioning page faults, and early on there was some discussion about memory timing. Is it possible this continues to be that issue?

  25. Hello. I'm looking for a PREEMPT_RT patch for your linux-rockchip kernel. I've tried to apply an rt101 patch for 5.10.209 (branch rk-5.10-rkr8), but it has so many differences (especially, scheduler-related)... I've spend a lot of time resolving the conflicts manually but my kernel keeps crashing on start. Please, help me...

    • Reputation Points

    • 10 replies
    • 7k views
  26. Started by aprayoga,

    CURRENT branch (Linux Kernel 5.10) Feature Support Status Remarks Shutdown OK Reboot OK Suspend to RAM Not Supported USB host controller refuses to enter suspend mode 2.5G Ethernet (2.5G speed) OK TX offload disabled by default, can be enabled for better performance 2.5G Ethernet (1G speed) Performance issue Requires hardware fix. Main Power/UPS status OK …

  27. Started by ab1jx,

    I'm trying to use it with a TV that has HDMI input but it's 1360x766. xrandr says it's running at 1920x1080. It's very small, like keep a magnifying glass handy, and I don't have the bottom of the screen where LXDE puts the pager and buttons. I thought from my Raspberry Pi experience that I'd just change the mode in my config.txt https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/config-txt/video.md but apparently the Rock64 isn't that evolved. Can I set an HDMI mode in my armbianEnv.txt? Can it use CVT modes? The standard 1360x768 mode isn't quite right. I've been around this stuff since you had to work out an xfree86.conf file on paper and take ti…

  28. Started by bambam,

    Hey all! Finally got my Rock64 booted up and running. I set up a Samba server and a Plex share so I can access an attached USB3 RAID array as a media server. Initially I was getting speeds of ~3 MB/s write and attributed it to transferring over wifi with an ancient Airport Express Draft-N router. Upgraded to a Netgear R7000P and the issue still persists so I figured it would be worth it to post here. I would've attributed it to the USB3 to eSata converter going to the RAID array but doing some disk speed tests on the Rock64 shows it getting about 130 MB/s read/write speed over the connection so I doubt it's that. Samba setup is stock and my share described bel…

  29. Hi Gents, I would like to ask for your help or tips and tricks in the following problem... Basically to keep the long story short, I have a custom board with RK3566 and 2 GB of RAM, 32 GB Samsung emmc on it ... basically if you are familliar it is a Linxdot Helium miner which has some problems with the onboard Lora module. I had tried to flash using RKDevTool a few Debian version that I found for Rk3566 but not all of them worked properly. All the time I was able to reflash it by using RKDevTool by pressing the button while I powered up the board but after flashing the Armbian minnimal for Orange Pi3B I can't use the RKDevTool anymore, it is simply n…

  30. I have been trying to run the bookworm minimal image for the Radxa Rock 2F with poor results. Wifi stops working after an "armbian-upgrade" and after apt upgrade. Doing an nmcli -p r results in WIFI-HW missing response. It seems to me that after the upgrade, something is wrong with the aic8800 driver module. Unfortunately I am too ignorant to be of much help, but any suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you.

  31. I'm trying to make boot a NanoPi Neo3 from SSD connected through USB. - I installed armbian Buster 5.8.6 downloaded from armbian.com - Next, I tried with and without apt update - connected an external SSD through the USB port and and a USB 3.0->SATA box - Executed nand-sata-install and selected the option to boot from external SSD - The system prepared the SSD, copied filesystem, modified boot (and I verified that in armbianExt.txt it set the UUID of the external disk) - rebooted ... And nothing I've observed that the system not always detects the external SSD. I must unplug and plug it to be recognized (as /dev/sda …

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 6.9k views
  32. Started by Benjamin Arntzen,

    Hi there, I love my Helios64 to death. I'm running MooseFS CE and MooseFS PRO. The problem is I'm absolutely hammering it with I/O and it's consistently hard crashing, and no fix I've tried helps. Should I revert to the older kernel version or something? Or is this a useful test case...

  33. Hi I try ro install and use Armbian on my NanoPi NEO 3. But when I do a first boot, I stuck at Generate Locale step. How can I fix it? Thank you very much. .

    • Reputation Points

    • 13 replies
    • 6.9k views
  34. After installing Arbian on Rock pi 4 c the sound on the Jack does not work because the sound card driver is. 8316 is not supported The sound goes out anyway on the HDMI of my television Would there be a solution

  35. I've built custom Linux 5 kernel for Oprange PI 4 including only options required for this board and module drivers for peripheral devices. Long story shor: It works, it boots, it runs, it's hot. Now I _think_ I've located cause of overheat: Linux 5.*.* 08:58:34: 1800/1416MHz 2.84 50% 1% 8% 0% 40% 0% 73.3°C 0/5 08:58:40: 1800/1416MHz 2.85 28% 0% 7% 0% 20% 0% 73.3°C 0/5 08:58:45: 1800/1416MHz 3.35 62% 0% 8% 0% 53% 0% 75.6°C 0/5 08:58:50: 1800/1416MHz 3.96 48% 1% 9% 0% 37% 0% 73.9°C 0/5 08:58:55: 1800/1416MHz 4.04 42% 0% 8% 0% 33% 0% 76.9°C 0/5 08:59:00: 1800/1416MHz 4.20 71% 1% 8% 0% …

    • Reputation Points

    • 10 replies
    • 6.8k views
  36. Started by pkfox,

    Hi all, first off, I love my NanoPiM4V2 boards, the big drawback with them for me is backing them up, if you are running them from an eMMC and you have the board in a case, you have to remove the cover of the case, if you have a hat ( which I do ) you also have to remove that , then you can remove the eMMC module and clone or do whatever with it. What would be good for me, is, if I could temporarily boot from an sdcard , unmount the eMMC, and clone it for backup purposes. Before I ruin anything I thought I'd ask the experts. Is this doable ?

  37. I solved this for myself and created an account so I could post it here. I saw a few posts going back years which said either this can't be done on an Orange Pi 5 or they had no replies. The problem: I wanted to boot my system from the EMMC but leave my large capacity SD card plugged in for extra storage. The script in armbian-config worked as expected. However, leaving the SD card inserted caused the board to continue to boot from it. Wiping the SD prevented the board from booting at all. I could eject the SD card, boot from the EMMC and then re-insert the SD card to use it as storage, but that's annoying. The solution: I noticed …

  38. Hi there, I wanted to share with everyone here the final product - a gaming handheld we've designed from scratch in Solidworks. I've been working on this with a fellow Armbian contributor @GinKage for quite some time (probably over a year now... time really does fly) who has helped me learn a lot on the software side, which I wasn't really familiar with before I reached out to him. Despite it's shortcomings, I'm really happy with the v1 build. I hope you guys like it! Open source files can be found here, including CAD files, Armbian build files and more. https://github.com/StonedEdge/Retro-Lite-CM5 Retro Lite CM5: Radxa CM5 Gaming Handh…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 6.8k views
  39. Hi, it seem that Armbian_community_25.5.0-trunk.185_Orangepi5-max build break the HDMI output, in gnome and bookworm. I try to boot the two with SD card. existing sytem that make an apt upgrade, the 185 also seem to broke all the system. regards,

    • Reputation Points

    • 17 replies
    • 6.8k views
  40. Started by lurk101,

    With Linux rock-5b 5.10.72-rockchip-rk3588 #trunk.0102 SMP Sat Nov 5 07:56:18 UTC 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux I see only one PWM controller pi@rock-5b:~$ ls /sys/class/pwm/pwmchip1/ device export npwm power subsystem uevent unexport pi@rock-5b:~$ cat /sys/class/pwm/pwmchip1/npwm 1 How do I figure out its header pin assignment? Is there a device tree overlay to expose all 4 PWM controllers?

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 6.8k views
  41. Started by pkfox,

    Hi all, just fitted one of these Nanopi M4 SATA Hat and can't see how I can connect 4 drives as there is only one Molex connector - I'm probably being dumb - any help appreciated

  42. Started by micktol,

    I have installed open media vault on my rock64 and I have a sata3 disc drive connected to the usb3 port. I have tried both armbian and ayufan firmwares and the speed of the samba shares is 30 MB/sec. I know that the system can do more as with FTP I get 100MB/sec. I have tried many samba tweaks but nothing changes, is this the max I can expect?

  43. Hello, I'm trying to use the NanoPi M4v2 SPI however it doesn't seem to work. I used armbian-config to enable the gpio overlay: [ ] dwc3-0-host [ ] i2c7 [ ] i2c8 [*] pcie-gen2 [ ] rk3328-opp-1.4ghz [ ] rk3328-opp-1.5ghz [ ] rk3399-opp-2ghz [ ] spi-jedec-nor [*] spi-spidev [ ] uart4 [ ] w1-gpio And the SPI isn't showing up on /dev: ls /dev/spi* ls: cannot access '/dev/spi*': No such file or directory Wasn't this enough to be able to use the SPI1 on this board? SBC: NanoPi M4V2 System: 5.10.35-rockchip64 #21.05.1 SMP PREEMPT Fri May 7 13:53:11 UTC 2021 aarch64 GNU/Linux Thank you.

  44. Started by marki2239,

    Hi, I'm unable to get my Rock64 to boot either the Xenial or Stretch Armbian images from SD or Emmc. I can get all of the other OS's to boot fine off of either media. Ive tried with multiple Emmc chips, SD cards and Rock64's with the same results so its not the hardware. Seems like it cant find the boot loader. Ive used win32diskimager, Etcher and the Rock64 instakk software. I've formatted the SD card completely, used new SD cards... I'm stuck! Any suggestions Thanks!

  45. Hi all, This has confused me! I have an old copy Armbian_20.02.7_Nanopim4_buster_current_5.4.28_desktop.7z which works fine. Any SD cards I put it on using Balena Etcher works. Any of the latest versions simply won't boot. The only difference appears to be the XZ file format. I extracted one of the later ones using 7Zip and then Etcher to flash and as expected it mad no difference at all. Has something been done to the V1 firmware from the V2 that doesn't work or firmwares containing the wrong naming etc? Help!

    • Reputation Points

    • 17 replies
    • 6.7k views
  46. Greetings, Here's a quick and very dirty way to use the NVMe disk for the whole system, except the boot files and kernels which will be read from the SDCard. This method is UNSUPPORTED. Meaning that if you follow this procedure and your system broke, catched fire and start attacking you in your sleep, it's on you ! The reason I keep booting on the SDCard are : This makes boot issues easier to deal with since all the files are more easily accessible. It's easy to quickly read a SDCard from a PC using a SDCard reader USB dongle bought from the local store. Meanwhile mounting a NVMe<->USB readers are no…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 6.7k views
  47. Hello. Good day. I managed to installed Android on the OrangePi RK3399 using the Linux_Upgrade_tool (v 1.49), but, I'm struggling to get the board to boot back to Linux. I created an sdcard from the debian image from the OragenPi website, but, when I try to boot is with the sdcard insert, I get the messages below on the serial terminal. Removing the sdcard boots normally on Android (installed on emmc). Pressing spacebard doesn't do anything during boot. Also, trying to flash the Linux image via the Linux_Upgrade_tool doesn't work (always return a fail). Any ideas how to make this board boot back on Linux? Thank you. DDR Version 1.07 2…

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 6.7k views
  48. This happened out of the blue, without indication of anything else being wrong. I just noticed that NFS stalled, and realized that the server is not on the network. The system on the box was running fine, but there were no lights on the network connector (it is connected with the upper, 1Gb, adapter). I replugged the cable into the 2.5G socket and it went online. Then I powered the box off and on again, with the cable in the 1G socket, and it came online normally. This is what I found in dmesg/syslog: Aug 31 09:31:39 localhost kernel: [379809.423687] NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0 (rk_gmac-dwmac): transmit queue 0 timed out Aug 31 09:31:39 localhost kernel: [379809.424…

  49. I had tried twice making OPi3b img but it always gave me kernel panic. The reason is my SBC v2.1 while all sources / firmware used in build framework corresponds to v1.1. I have given a week to study .dts .csc & defconfig files which are all different from latest SBC v2.1 v2.1 using Broadcom AP6256 & examining official builds by vendor it uses wl driver In order to get wireless working as well as solving kernel panic error I tried doing this Step 1 Changed .csc file in /home/ukhan/build/config/boards. From default to new (hastebin links) Default csc file was weird this file didn't exist BOOTCONFIG="orangepi-3b-rk3566_de…

  50. Started by Thewonderer,

    The strangest thing happened today. I switched of my rok64 rev.2 and connected to my PC to move the files of my USB HDD. My plan was to change the disk format from NTFS to EXT4. Then when i plugged it back in the rock64 wouldn't boot properly. Turns out my USB 3 port isn't working anymore with the USB HDD or any other USB drive. The light comes on for my SSD but fdisk -l doesn't see it. Could one of the firmware updates broken it? UPDATE... I downloaded the latest Ayufun arm64 bionic build and booted from this. My USB 3 HDD was picked up fine. I've gone back to the new Armbian Bionic build and it doesn't wo…

  51. All armbian images with 5.x kernel are not working for me. I found working variant of 5.x kernel here - https://github.com/qxhome/rk3568-kernel5.10-alldrivers but it have problems with firewall and docker Does anybody have other variants?

  52. Started by m11k,

    Since there is a thread about adding ZFS support to the U-Boot build, I thought I'd post a similar request for btrfs. I was looking through the helios u-boot repo a few days ago and noticed that it isn't built with btrfs support. While I could make a separate ext4 /boot partition, it would be convenient to have the entire eMMC formatted as btrfs. This allows for me to make easy and fast backups using btrfs send/receive, and also allows for snapshotting prior to upgrades (via e.g. snapper), and rolling back to a different snapshot at boot. My turris onmia router uses u-boot with btrfs native root, and I've used the snapshot rollback support a couple of times. They…

  53. Started by BigEd,

    Hi, Have the r2s for some time and it worked well in the beginning. But then it started to freeze randomly. The logs do not have any error in it. Initially I thought it could be the interface drive problem, changed the interface and still freezes. When the r2s is frozen, serial port won't respond. Keeping serial connection and restarting the r2s, boot messages show normally. When I keep the serial connected, r2s do not freeze (tried for more than a week). Found this other post, not sure if this is the same problem as it does boot, but seems related. mUSB serial connection rarely works. Have to boot some times until it works. Although I am an exp…

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 6.7k views
  54. Hello, Armbian 25.8.1 on Helios64 BookWorm with Linux 6.12.42-current-rockchip64. I have my system booting from SD with OMV7 installed and several docker containers running. Everything is OK. Now I want to boot from emmc. Used armbian-install selecting option boot from emmc - system on emmc. Formatting and copying goes Ok, but when I reboot from emmc (extracting th SD card), OMV7 presents the web frontend, but can't log in. journalctl reports errors accessing the drives, and looking on /etc/fstab, there's only the / partition mounted. Inserting and mounting the SD card in /mnt/sdcard I can see that in /mnt/sdcard/etc/fstab there's…

  55. I have a Nebra hotspot with a Rockpi 4 plus v1.73 card. I can't find the Armbian image file to install Crankk mining. I only have 4A, 4B, 4C, and 4C+ img but no 4 plus. Help me! Is there a solution?

  56. Hello everyone, I'm experiencing frequent network disconnections on my system running Armbian 24.5.3, both with Bookworm and Noble bases, which are both using Kernel 6.6.39. This issue becomes particularly frustrating when syncing files with Unison, as the interruptions disrupt the process frequently. To provide some background, I didn't encounter these network issues when I was using the last Focal version, which was running on Kernel 5.x. The current versions of Samba I'm using are 4.17.12-Debian on Bookworm and 4.19.5-Ubuntu on Noble. Unison is at version 2.52.1 on Bookworm and 2.53.3 on Noble. Both systems also have the latest updates for MDADM…

  57. The second USB port of NanoPI R4s is not working -- the logs were created with a USB disk inserted in port 2. # lsusb -t /: Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 5000M /: Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 480M |__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=pl2303, 12M If I remove and swap the USB devices: # lsusb -t /: Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 5000M |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Mass Storage, Driver=usb-storage, 5000M /: Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 480M Other user…

  58. Started by Vdue,

    I am in the process to migrate a project from a Raspberry Pi 4B to a Rock Pi 4B+. Among others external devices shall be connected via WiFi AP, I2C, 1-Wire and UART to the Rock Pi. To emphasis, the system is running healthy on a Rasberry. I managed to get WiFi AP and 1-Wire up and running on the Rock Pi. Now I got stuck with UART/UART4. Armbian 22.11.1 Bullseye with Linux 5.15.80-rockchip64 I enabled UART4 via Armbian-Config. Therefore, /boot/armbianEnv.txt shows: ... overlays=i2c7 uart4 w1-gpio param_w1_pin=GPIO4_D6 param_w1_pin_int_pullup=1 ... I can take a jump wire and bridge the TX-pin (GPIO1_B0, Pin#19) and RX-pin (GPIO1_A7, Pin#21). W…

  59. Hi, I've built the Ubuntu 18.04 image with legacy kernel (4.4) and tried to install wireguard. The problem was the kernel module which seems to be build by dkms. I've installed kernel headers from the linux-headers-rk3328_5.44_arm64.deb (built by armbian's build procedure) and tried to install wireguard-dkms package. It fails: Unpacking wireguard-dkms (0.0.20180513-wg1~bionic) over (0.0.20180513-wg1~bionic) ... Setting up wireguard-dkms (0.0.20180513-wg1~bionic) ... Loading new wireguard-0.0.20180513 DKMS files... Building for 4.4.131-rk3328 Building initial module for 4.4.131-rk3328 Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 4.4.1…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 6.6k views
  60. To continue discussion from Helios64 Support Could you boot from micro SD card? Please use Armbian 20.08.10 image, version 20.08.13 known to have stability problem on many users. After setting up Armbian on the micro SD, reboot (to finish the setup) and login as root, you can check eMMC for filesystem error fsck -p /dev/mmcblk1p1 You can try to change the password of Armbian on the eMMC: Spoiler mkdir -p /mnt/emmc mount /dev/mmcblk1p1 /mnt/emmc mount -o bind /proc /mnt/emmc/proc mount -o bind /sys /mnt/emmc/sys mount -o bind /dev /mnt/emmc/dev mount -o bind /dev/pts /mnt/emmc/dev/pts chroot /mnt/emmc/…

  61. I have noticed that the NanoPi M4V2 has an OPP table which causes the device to overclock; the table is suitable for an RK3399K SoC, but the M4V2 has a standard RK3399 SoC with maximum speeds of 1.42GHz for the A53 cores and 1.80GHz for the A72 cores (despite FriendlyArm themselves citing the K speeds in marketing material, which is incorrect). I believe that this may also be causing stability issues with my unit, however I will be performing additional testing (I cannot find where it is getting the "extended" OPP tables from, so I am limiting it via cpufreq-set and testing for stability.) Does anyone have any insight or ideas?

  62. Since Linux 5.15, the USB3 port on ROCK64 does not work anymore with Armbian. The following kernel errors are shown: usb 5-1: USB disconnect, device number 2 [...] usb usb5-port1: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad? This has been reported by multiple users with multiple drives and cables, also disabling UAS does not help. lsusb shows the drive/device, but lsblk does not. I know the ROCK64 is not currently supported by Armbian/has no maintainer, so I'm not expecting anything, just posting this as information and probably someone with more insights into the rockchip64 kernel build has an idea or workaround.

  63. Started by constantius,

    hello. I have found that you made firmware for MiQi board ( Rockchip RK3288 ). Is this firmware compatibile with Tinker Board ASUS ? It has the same SOC.

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 6.6k views
  64. Hello I want to disable console on /dev/ttyS2 on a Radxa ROCK 4C+ running rock@rockpi-4cplus:/boot$ cat /etc/os-release | grep -v URL PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 25.5.0-trunk.40 noble" NAME="Ubuntu" VERSION_ID="24.04" VERSION="24.04 LTS (Noble Numbat)" VERSION_CODENAME=noble ID=ubuntu ID_LIKE=debian UBUNTU_CODENAME=noble LOGO="armbian-logo" ARMBIAN_PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 25.5.0-trunk.40 noble" There are posts and other information out there. For instance: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Fine-Tuning/#how-to-toggle-boot-output which leads to http://redsymbol.net/linux-kernel-boot-parameters/ rock@rockpi-4cplus:/boot$ grep console armbianEnv.txt cons…

  65. After bootup I get # systemd-analyze Bootup is not yet finished. Please try again later. # systemctl list-jobs JOB UNIT TYPE STATE 142 systemd-update-utmp-runlevel.service start waiting 114 rk3399-bluetooth.service start running 1 multi-user.target start waiting If I stop rk3399-bluetooth.service everything completes and list-jobs is clean, but then bluetooth stops working. I've tried a few things in the rk3399-bluetooth unit file but so far I've not been able to find a way to make systemd happy and finish cleanly. By the way, in the service file i…

  66. Started by Niglix,

    I followed in detail the installation tutorial but I'm stuck at the installation of OMV. I can't access after the installation using the ip address or the generic link helios.local. I did try to reinstall the configuration. To go through a boot on the Micro SD... I don't know if there would be a command line to verify that OMV is installed? Or another way to install it?

  67. Hello, I need your expert help to resolve an issue on my newly purchased orange pi 5b. I was able to install armbian xfce desktop os on emmc but am unable to correctly run a purchased csi mipi camera module (OV13850). Attached are some screen grabs, I do see rk3588-ov13850-c1 appear in overlays row of armbianEnv.txt upon toggling the selection in the armbian-config. Cheese application shows message "There was an error playing video from the webcam" upon opening the application (i also installed flatpak cheese as per some comment in a forum to test). I also tested connecting camera on rk3588-ov13850-c3 but face the same issue. Is th…

  68. This was fun but its still a bit flaky/unstable now and then but overall it seems to work. What is it: KODI multimedia player standalone installation script. Features: Boots directly into KODI with KODI standalone service Enabled Hardware decoding by liujianfeng1994 Encrypted rootfs partition with auto-decrypt on boot Encryption key is randomly generated during installation and inserted into initramfs/crypttab Tested with EXT4 only Installed on Minimal CLI Ubuntu/Jammy installation How to: Download Ubuntu-Jammy-Minimal CLI Copy 'kodi-minimal-cli' to sdcard /root chmod …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 6.5k views
  69. I'm using a Rock 5 ITX and noticed after installing the latest rk35xx kernel image (6.1.84-vendor-rk35xx) that my system wasn't booting. So I connected to the debug console and observed a kernel oops being emitted. It dumps out a few pages of data, but the initial messages and call trace are: I have all the hex data if someone would use it but it doesn't seem worth including here. The boot flounders around in systemd for a bit but never gets to a login prompt - and I'm not that savvy with uboot to enter single user mode or otherwise dig in more. So I reinstalled from nothing, upgraded all my packages (including the vendor-rk35xx kernel), …

  70. Hello all. I've made a video about the Rock64. I've tried different distro's, but Armbian was the best for me. The only problems I've found was that Synaptic Package Manager didn't work. It crashes when I press the search button. And sometimes surfing was extremely slow. Otherwise it did fix all the problems I've had with the other distro's I've tried. Thank you for all the great work. Now I've started my research with the Orange Pi +2, and again Armbian is the best choice. Greetings, NicoD Here is my video.

  71. Started by prensing,

    I have recently started working with a NanoPi R2S. I have it booting from the built-in microSD. However, I would like to be able to boot off of USB. When I interrupt u-boot and start USB on the board, it finds the hub but does not seem to find *any* device. I have tried various USB sticks of different sizes and brands, and a few ordinary devices such as a mouse. Nothing. Is this a known problem? Should it be able to work? Thanks

  72. Started by webbbn,

    Is there any way/plans to support the FrindlyArm RK3399 SOM in Armbian? Does anyone know the hardware well enough to know if another firmware could be loaded on it? It seems to be a very nice module, and the dev board has just about everything one might want on it. On a side note, possibly derailing my own topic, is there any plans to add any of the VPU patches for the RK3399 and associated software? It seems like support for that is getting pretty close, and it would be great if some of the patches that are floating around could get include in the official distro. I'm about to dive in an try getting at least accelerated ffmpeg working on my M4V2 and/or neo4, …

    • Reputation Points

    • 19 replies
    • 6.4k views
  73. Good evening, I have got Orange pi 5 board. MAC address of this board network interface `end1` changes every time I reboot the system. I tried adding entry in /boot/armbianEnv.txt, I tried specifying hwaddress in /etc/network/interfaces. Neither of those two options worked.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 6.4k views
  74. Hello, i am pretty new to arm embedded. I have a Rock64 V3.0 2019-0626 So I downloaded Armbian 22.08 Jammy XFCE from https://www.armbian.com/rock64/ and copied it on a 265GB SanDisk Extreme microsd XC 1 V30 A2 using Balena Etcher. Boot process did work, but startxfc4 did not work. The system just went on a blackscreen, but i could still switch to another terminal with alt+f1 ... Best regards, Bo

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 6.4k views
  75. On my NanoPi-R6C I have been doing several U-boot updates (writes with dd to areas in 1st 32k) and so far so good. But behavior has changed w.r.t. eMMC v.s. SD-card. I want to do some U-boot build config changes, so the risk it that something might go wrong and I would need USB MASKROM mode to do writes to eMMC I think. The NanoPi-R6C wiki is not very clear with 'connect USB', but it turn out that this should be a connection via type-A to type-A and it does not work in the USB2 port. I have a USB2-only type-A to type-A cable and used that. The NanoPi-R6C appears in the USB device list ('lsusb') and also the tool is seeing the device: /tmp/up…

  76. Started by Chiefahol,

    Hi guys, My Helios64 keeps going offline, it has this red light come on the front panel but i am not sure what it means exactly. This happens once every few weeks, the system is fine after a reboot. What does this red light mean exactly? Is there anything i can do to prevent these breakdowns? Cheers,

  77. Started by FloBaoti,

    Hi, I run Armbian Buster 20.11.1 and today, without any important network traffic, eth1 interface has crashed. Here is dmesg : After ifdown & ifup eth1, interface is up again. What's wrong ? I can see driver 2.13 is used, and Realtek has issued a 2.14 version, but only usable up to 5.6 kernel So I can't compile it.

  78. Started by iamlion12,

    Hi! I've successfully installed Armbian Bionic(kernel 4.20, automated build) image on NanoPC-T4, but gpu drivers not provided. Here output of http://ix.io/1FBI And /dev/mali0 didn't exist. The question is: how to build and install open-source drivers(I didn't find any complete instructions), I actually not so experienced on it.

  79. Hi! Does anyone have experience comparing ZFS performance on different operating systems on the same hardware. It is very interesting to compare the performance on FreeBSD and Linux.

  80. Hello, I have recently bought a Helios64 item. I have mounted it, I have done all steps written on wiki here https://wiki.kobol.io/helios64/kit/ and here https://wiki.kobol.io/helios64/install/sdcard/ but when I try to follow this steps https://wiki.kobol.io/helios64/install/first-start/ USB to serial bridge is not detected by my notebooks (I have tried with notebook 1 (windows10 x64 with drivers downloaded and installed with exe setup) and notebook 2 (x86 cpu with last kernel ubuntu and windows xp)). I have unmounted the backplane cover, jumper P10, P11 and P13 (see here jumper description https://wiki.kobol.io/helios64/jumper/ ) are all opened so my question is: what is…

  81. Started by FloBaoti,

    Hi, On an up-to-date Helios64, around 50% of boots are stuck at "Starting kernel ...". As device is having kernel panics every day, it reboots and then sometimes can't start, stuck on this. When will we have a stable device ? I can't understand selling devices which just can't run !

  82. Started by Klaus42,

    Hello to everybody, I am using rock 5b, PCB Version 1.42 with Armbian 22.11 CLI. I would like to connect IQaudIO DigiAMP+ based on the TAS5756 (https://shop.max2play.com/en/iqaudio-digiamp.html). According to the GPIO pinout of ROCK 5b and the datasheet of DigiAMP+ (page 21), this seams to be feasible from the electrical perspective. But the software perspective overwhelmes me as a linux novice. If I understand it correctly, I need more or less two things: a device tree overlay to activate the appropriate GPIOs with their I2S and I2C functionality and to tell the kernel about the attached device (DTS file or the compiled D…

  83. Started by louismax,

    Hello everyone, I've been running my Helios64 for about 2 months now. My system is installed on the eMMC and i'm running a few docker containers (all from linuxserver.io) Radarr Sonarr Bazarr Transmission Jackett Jellyfin I'm having difficulties with Jellyfin and my media library. When lauching tv shows or movies, the CPU rockets to ~97-99% use and the media is constantly stopping to load. I would like to know what I can do to ease the strain on the CPU and be finally able to use Jellyfin. Has anyone been able to use hardware acceleration with docker ? What info can I give you to shade li…

  84. I just buy the orange pi 3b powered by the Rockchip RK3566. Is there any plan to support this new SBC.

  85. I have Rock64 Ver.2 - 1gb model. Was working fine with Armbian 24.5.0-trunk.211_Rock64_bookworm_current_6.6.21 - boot from micro SD card On SSH, I updated to latest version Armbian_25.2.1_Rock64_bookworm_current_6.12.13. Now it does not boot from micro SD card. I had another micro sd card. I flashed new Armbian_25.2.1_Rock64_bookworm_current_6.12.13 - does not boot. I had another micro sd card. I flashed OLD Armbian 24.5.0-trunk.211_Rock64_bookworm_current_6.6.21 - it boots. Then updated to latest Armbian & does not boot anymore. Looks like some " Flashing_u-boot_to_SPI_Flash " - problem. Please help. Thanks in advanced

  86. Hi everybody! I have been working for days to ensure that the MIPI-DSI output works with the Raspberry PI compatible display panel (Product OSOYOO which has a Toshiba TC358762 DSI/DP bridge chip and a I2C backlight controller as Focal FT5406). The following overlay works perfectly with the Radxa kernel 4.4.153 and unfortunately not with the Armbian kernel: Linux rockpi-4c 5.8.13-rockchip64. So far so good. Now if you look at the DTS source files of the two kernels, they have a similar structure but are very different in content. I wonder why you now get the idea to reinvent the wheel. The Radxa kernel contains everything that is needed. What is particularly ann…

  87. Started by Илья Бовсунов,

    hello guys, i need help i cant setup and run admin@orangepi3b:~$ ls -l /dev/spidev* ls: cannot access '/dev/spidev*': No such file or directory admin@orangepi3b:~$ sudo nano /boot/armbianEnv.txt GNU nano 7.2 /boot/armbianEnv.txt verbosity=1 bootlogo=true console=both extraargs=cma=256M overlay_prefix=rk35xx overlays=rk3588-spi4-m1-cs0-spidev param_spidev_spi_bus=4 param_spidev_spi_cs=0 param_spidev_max_freq=10000000 rootdev=UUID=c190d568-1ec8-46ad-a874-27adf20d693a rootfstype=ext4 usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u root@orangepi3b:/home/admin# ls /sys/class/spi_master/ spi4 root@orangepi3b:/home/admin# dmesg | grep spi [ 11.38…

    • Reputation Points

    • 11 replies
    • 6.2k views
  88. Nanopi Neo4 armbian5.65 Mac address is no fixed。 Every times setup my Neo4 the MAC address is diffenence。 Who can help me. forgive my pool English. Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 6.2k views
  89. I had backup all emmc of m4. after i restore the emmc. the two device have same mac address. eth0 and wlan0 all is same. how to change the mac address of wlan0? i try many way to change it. all don't work. i need some help i had try direct setting the Networking manager, to let it have random mac address. but don't work. i had try use /sbin/ifconfig to setting it, still don't work...

  90. Hi, I am using Armbian_19.11.3_Rockpi-4b_buster_current_5.3.11_desktop. Facing issue when trying to use USB devices in the upper USB 3 port on a Rock Pi 4 v1.3. This port also supports USB OTG. The switch is set to Host mode. The storage is detected occasionally, while most of the time it does not work. dmesg contains no reference to the connected storage: $ dmesg | grep usb [ 0.000000] Kernel command line: root=UUID=590fca6f-9771-4245-86a7-34712bfe535b rootwait rootfstype=ext4 console=ttyS2,1500000 console=tty1 panic=10 consoleblank=0 loglevel=1 ubootpart=7ef2aff3-01 usb-storage.quirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u cgro…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 6.2k views
  91. Armbian (I try a lot of versions include Armbian Focal xfce mainline based kernel 5.10.y) fails on Orange Pi 4B. 1. Orange Pi 4B booting normal, I try to do hard job and... it restarting every time after try to do hard job like build Qt or running benchmark and never boot normal again while powered. I need off power supply, on power supply and Armbian boot normal again and goto 1. I use Orange Pi 4B (on pcb v 1.4) with Ubuntu 18 from xunlong (Linux 4.4.179-g4cac54c6-dyrty). It works ok even I build big apps like Qt or run benchmarks. I also building my own Ubuntu 18 using xunlong script and it also working ok. Why I can't use Armbian fo…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 6.2k views
  92. I have a Rock64 v2. For my project I wish to connect the board to an MCP3008 ADC chip via SPI so I can read some analog sensors. Pretty straightforward. But when I look at /lib/modules/4.4.178-rockchip64/kernel/drivers I see there are modules for i2c, usb, one wire, GPIO ... everything but SPI. Am I out of luck? ARMBIAN 5.75 stable Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS 4.4.178-rockchip64

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 6.2k views
  93. Dear Armbian supporters, Using kernel 5.10.21-rockchip64 on Rock Pi 4 (and 5.10.21-sunxi on Lime2), I am not able to mount a LUKS-encrypted drive. Changing the kernel to 5.10.16-rockchip64/5.10.16-sunxi I am able to mount the LUKS-encrypted drive again. Error message when trying to mount the drive is: "No key available with this passphrase". Which change could have introduced this bug? Greetings a5s397

  94. Started by TCB13,

    Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to disable both LEDs on this board or, at least, the green (stat) one. Also I was trying to remove wifi completely and I can do: iwconfig wlan0 txpower off ifconfig wlan0 down systemctl disable wpa_supplicant But not sure if it's possible to remove the driver from the OS and what other unnecessary software I can remove. Thank you in advance.

  95. I'm sick of having to play reset-it-until-it-boots-then-it-reboots-later game, anyone know a similar motherboard I can use in place of the helios64 with minimal extra messing around? I totally understand that the front and back panel will be a problem to set up, I just don't want to have to hack the main case part, and have support for the five SATA ports.

  96. There are a number of modifications that have been suggested that people implement to address certain issues. The ones I can find are: - In /boot/armbianEnv.txt: extraargs=libata.force=3.0 - If doing debugging, also add: verbosity=7 console=serial extraargs=earlyprintk ignore_loglevel - In /boot/boot.cmd regulator dev vdd_log regulator value 930000 regulator dev vdd_center regulator value 950000 and then run: mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr - In /etc/default/cpufrequtils: ENABLE=true MIN_SPEED=408000 MAX_SPEED=1800000 GOVERNOR=ondemand (or 1200000 instead of 1800000) …

  97. Looks like OPi4 has two active UART interfaces (ttyS2, S4). S2 is connected to the back 3 pins which are the debug ports, and S4 is uart on pins 19,21. Is there anyway to bring up another interface for UART on Pins 8, 10? Ive tried adding uart1,2,3 etc in armbianEnv file in /boot as well as console=display but non of this works.

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 6.1k views
  98. Hi, I try use image http://www.orangepi.org/orangepibbsen/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3844 this only one image works HDMI input for HDMI output PC ffmpeg -f v4l2 -list_formats all -i /dev/video0 [video4linux2,v4l2 @ 0xab89b120] Raw : yuyv422 : YUYV 4:2:2 : [video4linux2,v4l2 @ 0xab89b120] Raw : yuyv422 : YUYV 4:2:2 : [video4linux2,v4l2 @ 0xab89b120] Raw : uyvy422 : UYVY 4:2:2 : [video4linux2,v4l2 @ 0xab89b120] Raw : yuv422p : Planar YVU 4:2:2 : [video4linux2,v4l2 @ 0xab89b120] Raw : Unsupported : Y/CbCr 4:2:2 : [video4linux2,v4l2 @ 0xab89b120] Raw : yuv4…

  99. Started by pkfox,

    Hi all, I would like to boot my nanopim4 v2 from a nvme ssd disk if possible - I tried using armbian-install as mentioned on a thread on here and received the error "partition too small" the disk is a 1Tb and has one partition - any ideas ?

  100. Still experiencing random kernel panic with latest build. Sometimes it boots, sometimes it doesn't , when operating from a remote location this is very frustrating. Spoiler DDR Version 1.24 20191016 In channel 0 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x1 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x0 MR19=0x0 MR24=0x8 MR25=0x0 channel 1 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x1 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x0 MR19=0x0 MR24=0x8 MR25=0x0 channel 0 training pass! channel 1 training pass! change freq to 416MHz 0,1 Channel 0: LPDDR4,416MHz Bus Width=32 Col=10 Bank=8 Row=16 CS=1 Die Bus-Width=16 Size=2048MB Channel 1: LPDDR4,416MHz Bus Width=32 Col=10 Bank=8 Row=16 CS=1 Die Bus…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.