Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Amlogic meson

Community maintained Amlogic boards

  1. Hello, So I have ODROID C2 running latest Armbian bionic with kernel 5.6.11-meson64 #trunk.130. I have a Quectel E25 4G LTE modem connected via USB port. Everything works like a charm - BUT - whenever I try to download (or upload) even small amounts of data, I get kernel panic and the process hangs. Sometimes, the whole device crashes. It happens only when I try to download or upload data. Even trying to paste large amount of text into a terminal text editor causes kernel panic. This does NOT happen if I'm connected via ethernet. Here's the dmesg (while I was trying to wget a file) - [ 155…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 4.6k views
  2. Started by iz8mbw,

    Hi. Running Armbian Buster on Odroid C-2, Linux odroidc2 5.4.35-meson64 #trunk SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 23 18:16:56 CEST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux With "armbian-config" I'm triyng to switch to another Kernel without success, error on "switch_kernel.log" file is: linux-image-dev-meson64=20.05.0-trunk.130 linux-dtb-dev-meson64=20.05.0-trunk.130 linux-u-boot-odroidc2-dev Any idea?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.2k views
  3. Hi. Running (installed from img file on SD Card) Armbian "Armbian_20.02.8_Odroidc2_buster_current_5.4.28". If I try to reboot (reboot command) the Odroid-C2 does not startup again (so it does not reboot)..... Only way to startup it again is to electric poweroff and then poweron. uname -a: Linux odroidc2 5.4.28-meson64 #20.02.8 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 30 09:12:52 CEST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux How to solve? Thank you.

  4. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi all, I have some piece of software to compile on our Armbina system (Linux odroidc2 4.19.90-meson64 #5.99 SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 20 13:47:25 CET 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux). It is a C++ program, usually running on x86 machines, and has one line of code killing the compilation: asm volatile ("rdtsc" : "=a" (low), "=d" (high)); I need to replace it by some code working with g++ on ARM64. Anyone how can give me a hint? I tried Google, but found no reasonable solution. In case, the software package is public, if you need the link to get it, please let me know. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Michael

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.5k views
  5. Hello, I have installed Armbian Debian Stretch Next (mainline kernel) on my Odroid C2 and updated to newest version(apt update & apt upgrade). Everything works fine except USB ports. I have USB LTE modem which is not recognized. I have tried "lsusb -v" but with this modem not works. But when I connect USB keyboard first then "lsusb -v" and next I connect LTE modem and type "lsusb -v" then it's works. I also tried connecting USB LTE modem before Odroid C2 boot but this workaround not working. Is there any workaround which not involving connecting more than one USB device? Maybe usb kernel modules (usbcore, …

  6. Started by crazyquark,

    Hi, I've been trying to enable SPI on my Odroid-C2 running Armbian Buster but I can't figure it out, I tried with overlays, modprobe-ing the modules, nothing works. I've uploaded my logs.

  7. Started by mkir,

    Hello, I freshly installed Armbian Buster 20.02.3 with 5.4.21-meson64 and also compiled Kodi 18.6 from source by following this guide. It seems however that I cannot get any HDMI sound and ALSA gives me: aplay: device_list:272: no soundcards found... Could it be that I am missing something fundamental or is this a known issue? Thank you. Manos

  8. Well, no fancy introduction here, because this doesn't pretend to be a script for the general use, only for testers who want to try the current *very early* status of the media capabilities in the Armbian meson mainline kernel. Warning: It will replace your current kernel with a pre-compiled nightly 4.19.20. Instructions: Download, untar and run. If you need further instructions, then you are not ready for this script (again, it is very unpolished, not for general use). Download link: https://mega.nz/#!YvYUhayC!CI1fl52V4tV0G4oqUib4W-NlMpVSpLDp8kmo74g-V08 Things that you can try with this script, on a X session: …

  9. Hello, I am using up to date Armbian Buster. TP-Link TL-WN722N V1 USB WiFi dongle causes system crashes after kernel upgrade to 5.4.12-meson64 #19.11.8 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 16 20:12:23 CET 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux. Before updating the kernel, I had no such problem. Feb 12 20:17:15 xxx systemd[1]: Found device AR9271 802.11n. Feb 12 20:17:15 xxx systemd[1]: Started ifup for wlx54e6fc8d208e. Feb 12 20:17:15 xxx wpa_supplicant[2360]: Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant Feb 12 20:17:15 xxx sh[2344]: wlx54e6fc8d208e=wlx54e6fc8d208e Feb 12 20:17:17 xxx wpa_supplicant[2361]: Using interface wlx54e6fc8d208e with hwaddr 54:e6:fc:8d:20:8e and ssid "mynetwork" Fe…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.6k views
  10. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi all, I have a problem with current DEV kernel. On some boards, everything works nicely, and after booting the kernel network is stable, on some other C2 boards, I get error messages on the eth0 dwmac, and no network: [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [0x410fd034] [ 0.000000] Linux version 5.3.15-meson64 (root@skylake) (gcc version 7.4.1 20181213 [linaro-7.4-2019.02 revision 56ec6f6b99cc167ff0c2f8e1a2eed33b1edc85d4] (Linaro GCC 7.4-2019.02)) #5.99 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 12 11:12:47 CET 2019 [ 0.000000] Machine model: Hardkernel ODROID-C2 [ 0.000000] Reserved memory: created CMA memory pool at 0x000000006d800000, size 256 MiB […

  11. Hello everyone, my system is - Armbian Linux 4.18.8-odroidc2. Nextcloud is installed on this board and as data drive is a Lexar 64GB usb stick. I now have an SSD hard drive with two partitions, I had moved the system from the SD card to the first partition on the SSD. The second partition is called nextcloud and is a data drive. Everything works fine so far, but Armbian does not boot without the USB stick, it is not mounted either, it just has to be in the usb slot, otherwise the armbian will not boot. I need your help because I don't know what to do next. root@Nextcloud:~# blkid /dev/mmcblk1p1: UUID="4722b364-ae1f-42d6-ad8f-831b8…

  12. Hi All Sorry if this is a repeat issue, however, I am new to Armbian and I am trying to get an Odroid C2 board to work with WI-FI I have tried several WI-FI adapters including the official Odroid USB wifi adapter with single antenna and none of them . will let me join a network, evne though I can see a list of WI-FI SSID's. Other builds of LInux (obtained from Hardkernel work fine, however I need a version with a later kernal to run an AWS package. Wired network is fine, just wifi. Can anyone help? Regards Steve

  13. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi, just to let you know, I changed from "next" to "current", and found some quirks in the "current" kernel (using "buster"). (1) uart_C is not working (already fixed by martinayotte, thanks for the fast response!) (2) microSD card behaves strange: you can boot from uSD card, that works. When booting from eMMC card, the uSD clot is "dead", card insertation is not recognized anymore, it can't be used. Michael

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.9k views
  14. Started by beroot,

    Hi guys, i have a question regarding the installation method of the two operating systems. On my OrangePI3 I booted the operating system from micro sd card and told armbian bionic that the eMMC memory will only be used as a boot loader while the rootfs of the actual operating system is installed on a connected USB stick. Is it the same with the Armbian Bionic for the Odroid C2 version? Or is it the case that the future operating system is written directly to the eMMC memory and booted from there? And then there was the reminder that Odroid C2 does not boot from USB. . . Can I use it as described for OrangePI3?

  15. Started by cmetz,

    I am trying to connect a PPS source to an ODROID-C2 board using GPIO. I am running Armbian 19.11.3 Buster, with kernel 5.3.11-meson64. I downloaded the Armbian kernel source for this kernel, added the following to meson-gxbb-odroidc2.dts, and compiled and installed it: pps { compatible = "pps-gpio"; gpios = <&gpio GPIOY_3 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>; status = "okay"; interrupt-parent = <&gpio_intc>; interrupts = <26 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_LOW>; }; When I boot and load the pps-gpio module, I get the following error: pps-gpio pps: failed to map GPIO to IRQ: -6 pps-gpio: probe of pps failed with error -22 …

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.7k views
  16. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi all, preparing an image for our next deployment (10 Odroid C2), I found that somehow the MAC address visible in Uboot doesn't make it into Armbian system. On the first copied system (I use odroidbackup.pl), in Uboot "Printenv" I get ethaddr=00:1e:06:36:58:63 Original system gives me: ethaddr=00:1e:06:34:fa:1a Both systems report to our DHCP server with the latter MAC, which will lead to troubles when both boards will be in the same network Any hints how to get the (apparently eFuse stored) MAC into the Armbian system? Thanks in advance, Michael

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 5k views
  17. Hello, After upgrade Armbian (4.19.69-meson64) to Armbian Buster with Linux 5.3.11-meson64 warning messages shows up on boot in dmesg: ... [ 1.973932] Key type encrypted registered [ 1.985109] dwc2 c9000000.usb: c9000000.usb supply vusb_d not found, using dummy regulator [ 1.985153] dwc2 c9000000.usb: c9000000.usb supply vusb_a not found, using dummy regulator [ 1.986616] phy phy-c0000000.phy.0: USB ID detect failed! [ 1.986623] phy phy-c0000000.phy.0: phy poweron failed --> -22 [ 1.986643] ------------[ cut here ]------------ [ 1.986700] WARNING: CPU: 3 PID: 68 at drivers/regulator/core.c:2036 _regulator_put+0x34/0xd8 [ 1.986702] Modul…

  18. Hello, I am using up to date Armbian - Debian Buster with Armbian Linux 4.19.69-meson64 Linux version 4.19.69-meson64 (root@builder) (gcc version 7.4.1 20181213 [linaro-7.4-2019.02 revision 56ec6f6b99cc167ff0c2f8e1a2eed33b1edc85d4] (Linaro GCC 7.4-2019.02)) #5.95 SMP PREEMPT Mon Sep 2 01:21:39 CEST 2019. I have encountered Ethernet interface lockup on medium traffic (after 30s-120s when copying big files from external usb disk by sshfs - 240Mb/s). At high/medium Ethernet traffic the issue always occurs. It is most likely caused by some kernel update because I didn't have such problem before. Similar issue: https://github.com/rockchip-linu…

  19. Hi there, after updating the kernel to the latest version, the odroid-c2 only boots if a keyboard is present. If I disconnect the keyboard (which is and was the normal situation), on next reboot, I get a message "Enter root password for maintenance or press CONTROL-D to continue". Obviously, I'd greatly appreciate being able to boot my Odroid without having to connect a keyboard all the time. Best, Bastian

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 5.5k views
  20. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi, after a very successful deployment last year we will start a new sub sea C2 deployment next year (next to the old installation, in Northern Pacific, down at 2600m). Things work out nicely, but now we reached a state where some help from experts is welcome. I need to include some changes into the filesystem generated by Armbian build system, and hope someone can give me a hint on how to do it best way: - include some packages into the image (list available) - add some files to /etc/udev/rules.d/ - add some lines to /etc/rc.local - have a preinstalled user plus home directory (optional) Any help is appr…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.7k views
  21. Started by Meeuuh92,

    I've tested last night fresh install of armbian buster on my C1. I'm actually use an old jessie where is installed jeedom (with rfxcom + zwave dongle), and a bluetooth dongle.. So i've perfomed jeedom installation (with difficulties) but my usb devices aren't not visble under /dev... Is something wrong with kernel (modules missing), or must i do something ??

    • Reputation Points

    • 12 replies
    • 5.9k views
  22. Greetings. I'm running a headless cluster of Odroid C2's (eMMC) using the latest Armbian buster minimal image with kernel 4.19.69-meson64. I'm encountering an issue where it takes a long time for SSH connection to be accepted (initially up to 30 min consistently). I get a connection refused. The issue seems to be due to the entropy pool becoming depleted during the early boot process which blocks SSH from starting while it refills the pool. The problem seems to be known and documented well here: https://daniel-lange.com/archives/152-Openssh-taking-minutes-to-become-available,-booting-takes-half-an-hour-...-because-your-server-waits-for-a…

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 8.1k views
  23. Hello, I apologize, I can not speak English and have to write with google translator! will the mainline kernel master branch 5.1.y bionic and buster be finished before the support ends? so the display on hdmi and the hard disks on usb work and wlan?

  24. After some hours of compiling I got OpenCV 4.1.1 running on Armbian Buster 64-bit. The SBC is an Odroid-C2. Thank you for this great OS-image.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.4k views
  25. Using a cable such as this one, can we expect Armbian on the C2 to consistently assign the same serial designation to each cable port? It would be nice but probably not? I found this question and this one but I'm not sure what would be the best approach for my application. I'd like to do it 'The Armbian Way' if there is one. How would you ensure that each hardware device is assigned the same port each time? Thanks .

  26. Hi everyone, I'm trying to use the serial port on pins 8+10 on an ODroid C2. My understanding is that this maps to /dev/ttyS1 by default, but whenever I try to use this serial port, or any of ttyS0, S1, S2, S3, I get the error "Input/output error". root@odroidc2:~# stty raw -crtscts 9600 < /dev/ttyS1 stty: 'standard input': Input/output error root@odroidc2:~# cat /dev/ttyS1 cat: /dev/ttyS1: Input/output error I have done a lot of searching on this forum and others, and it sounds like this could be something I need to enable in my device tree config, or some kind of overlay, but I'm very new to this and couldn't find anything specific on what to do. I had a lo…

  27. Hello, A GPS module ublox is connected to a odroid c2 board on GPIOX.12 and GPIOX.13 for the RX and TX and GPIOX.10 for the PPS. The board is running the stable kernel 4.19.42-meson64 from Armbian based on Debian stretch which was dist-upgraded to Debian buster. I am trying to get the /dev/pps0 entry using GPIOX.10 to finish the chrony setup but I cannot find the correct syntax in the DTS file. Any pointer or idea ? I try either of the gpios line below, none of them seems to be correct. pps { gpios = "< 0x1e 0x66 0x0 >"; #gpios = "<&gpiox 10 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>"; #gpios = "< 0x66 >"; assert-fall…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.4k views
  28. Hello, Recently I have discovered bug in kernel or maybe iptables with using Huawei E3372h LTE Hi-Link USB dongle (or maybe other devices which exposes HTTP interfaces over cdc_ether). Odroid enters into kernel panic and reboot. I am using ARMBIAN 5.85 stable Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.19.42-meson64. kernel:[ 60.801868] Internal error: Oops: 96000004 [#1] PREEMPT SMP The steps to recreate the bug: 1) disable or remove NetworkManager, use only IPv4, 2) set network interfaces in /etc/network/interfaces source /etc/network/interfaces.d/* auto lo iface lo inet loopback auto eth0 allow-hotplug eth0 iface eth0 inet static address 1…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.1k views
  29. Hi, I compiled some images for C2 yesterday (mainline 5.77, jessie), and had a nice console as usual. Today, the new images still have u-boot console, and give some information about kernel starting, but no login by console (USB serial) is possible. I tried to set "console=serial" in /boot/armbianEnv.txt, but that gives me an endless reboot loop. Were there some changes? Maybe in baudrate? I get u-boot messages at 115200 8N1 as expected.. Michael

    • Reputation Points

    • 29 replies
    • 12k views
  30. Hello, I using up to date Armbian Stretch with kernel 4.19.41-meson64 #5.85 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 8 12:40:37 CEST 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux. Today about 2 minutes after system boot I have found this warning in kernel log: May 12 07:51:48 xxx kernel: WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 0 at kernel/time/hrtimer.c:917 hrtimer_forward+0x88/0xd0 May 12 07:51:48 xxx kernel: Modules linked in: cdc_ether usbnet uas xt_tcpudp nf_log_ipv4 nf_log_common xt_LOG xt_multiport xt_conntrack iptable_filter ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat nf_nat_ipv4 nf_nat nf_connt May 12 07:51:48 xxx kernel: CPU: 1 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/1 Not tainted 4.19.41-meson64 #5.85 May 12 07:51:48 xxx kernel: Hardware …

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.8k views
  31. Hello, I using up to date Armbian Stretch with kernel 4.19.41-meson64 #5.85 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 8 12:40:37 CEST 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux. I started using TP-Link TL-WN722N V1 USB WiFi dongle recently. Unfortunately Armbian has crashed and rebooted once during I using such USB dongle. I tried to reproduce this bug once more but I can't. I have installed firmware-atheros package for this USB dongle. Should I install armbian-firmware-full package instead of firmware-atheros? It could help? Log: Spoiler May 11 14:23:25 xxx kernel: [ 2690.401749] usb 1-1.1: new high-speed USB device number 8 using dwc2 May 11 14:23:2…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 5.5k views
  32. 2 changes are in queue on my workstation, one is u-boot 2018.11, the other is updating the Dev patchset and beginning to iron out 4.19 Kernel. The first I honestly don't see any issues with moving forward, but want people to know about it, the second is a bit of a hairball and I'll need some help with debugging, and in fixing. Detail of changes: U-boot: Currently Meson64 and Odroid C2 are using 2018.05 and 2018.07, respectively. I will be moving all to 2018.11, and eliminating the "specialness" of the Odroid C2 in our build system, so Meson64 will be inheriting the C2 boot script under the "Meson64 name, it will no longer have its own u-boot pat…

  33. lm-sensors can read temps fine - $ uname -a Linux Odroid-C2 4.19.20-meson64 #5.75 SMP PREEMPT Fri Feb 8 10:08:40 CET 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux $ sensors -u scpi_sensors-isa-0000 Adapter: ISA adapter aml_thermal: temp1_input: 39.000 But htop displays 0 C -

  34. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi, I use the new kernel with I2CA being used for controlling some U/I meters and sensors. There are three 1Wire masters included by overlay (and they work ): > ls /sys/bus/w1/devices/ > 22-000000214032 28-00000a09aa8d w1_bus_master2 > 28-00000a089919 w1_bus_master1 w1_bus_master3 I2C works also fine, all devices mounted so far are answering: > i2cdetect -y 0 > 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f > 00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0c -- -- -- > 10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- > 20: 20 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- > 30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- …

    • Reputation Points

    • 14 replies
    • 9.5k views
  35. Hi, I´d like to use the GPIO PINs on my Odriod C2 with the mainline kernel 4.18. I tried to install the User Space IO, which seems to be the right tool to help me with the task. Unfortunately I had no luck trying to install it on my own. Hopefully we can install it together and get the GPIOs to do their job. It says "User space devices are exposed through /dev or /sys. Verify the device is showing up prior to trying demo programs." That is what is shown in this directory's: Picture, are devices installed properly or do I have to configure the C2 to start with User Space IO? That happens if I try to run the exam…

  36. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi, I use the C2 connector J2 signals to control power distribution for several attaches devices. A n-channel MOSFET is driven by a GPIO signal, with pulldown (3k3) to ensure that the n-channel MOSFET is off, - as long as the GPIO pin is in tristate or input state. I considered this to be the case for all "normal" GPIO lines (except I2C and SPI). I see now that after powerup, at least GPIOX_5 is active and switches on my load until I can export the GPIOX_5 and drive it low. Does anyone know if the GPIO lines are driven actively after powerup / reset? And if so, can this behaviour be changed in U-boot or kernel environment? The philosophy of t…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.2k views
  37. Started by balbes150,

    Now checked on Odroid C2 an image 5.76 with MALI and a media script, by a technique with replacement of u-boot, as for K2. Everything works fine. After installing the script, the standard browser began to play video 1080 full screen without brakes. MPV is just as easy to handle any full-screen video. Bonus has an in-house sound via HDMI. There is one caveat when configuring - it is necessary to specify the correct DTB option in the file for Odroid C2 "/extlinux/extlinux conf". 1. Copy of the standard u-boot from the working SD card. dd if=/dev/mmcblkXXX of=u-boot_odroid_c2.img bs=1M count=4 2. Burn the image Armbian for TV Boxing…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.8k views
  38. Hi, On an Odroid C2, I used to read IP camera stream with ffmpeg without HW decoding, as it was not available yet. After reading many threads on this forum, regarding hw decoding through ffmpeg, I decided to give a try....but without any success. First of all, I tried to decode the Sintel.2010.720p.mkv file, and it worked well. This is the command I used: ffmpeg -c:v h264_v4l2m2m -i Sintel.2010.720p.mkv -an -vf fps=1 -f image2 -strftime 1 "/dev/shm/cam1_%S.jpg" (This takes a snapshot every second from the video file) And I got this output: [h264_v4l2m2m @ 0xaaaab68e84f0] driver 'meson-vdec' on card 'Amlogic Video Deco…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 5.6k views
  39. I have a 4-port USB 2.0 hub powered by a 5V 3.1A power supply that does not show up on my C2, with or without devices connected to it. I have the C2's USB OTG port disabled as I use a DC power supply. $ sudo lsusb Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1df7:3010 Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub dmesg does not log the hub connecting/disconnecting. How do I troubleshoot this? armbianmonitor -u: http://ix.io/1DzS

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.6k views
  40. Hello, I have 16GB orange eMMC v0.4 module for Odroid C2. I have installed on it Armbian Debian Stretch Next (mainline kernel). When I run iozone I got read results that is slower than eMMC Hardkernel specs. root@odroidc2:~# iozone -e -I -a -s 100M -r 4k -r 16k -r 512k -r 1024k -r 16384k -i 0 -i 1 -i 2 Iozone: Performance Test of File I/O Version $Revision: 3.429 $ Compiled for 64 bit mode. Build: linux Contributors:William Norcott, Don Capps, Isom Crawford, Kirby Collins Al Slater, Scott Rhine, Mike Wisner, Ken Goss Steve Landherr, Brad Smith, Mark Kelly, Dr. Alain CYR, Randy Dunlap, Mark Montague, …

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 4.9k views
  41. Dear all, I have a problem related to my freshly installed Armbian 5.44 on Odroid C2. Everything is working fine except my external HDD is not recognized anymore. On v5.33 all was working fine. Disc is 500 GB, ext4 formatted. I'm using original power supply from Odroid C2 and haven't got power issues so far. Here is output of armbianmonitor -u : http://ix.io/1bZw Thanks in advance! ;-)

    • Reputation Points

    • 16 replies
    • 11.6k views
  42. Hi, I've downloaded and successfully installed Armbian_5.47_Odroidc2_Debian_stretch_default_3.16.57 on an Odroid C2 (eMMC) : HDMI output is working fine. Then I ran: apt-get update then apt-get upgrade then I got a message saying that the kernel has been updated and that I need to reboot. After the reboot, I have no HDMI output anymore. SSH is available and board seems to be working fine. For information, after the update: uname -a Linux jeedom 3.16.57-odroidc2 #72 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 19 12:32:15 CEST 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux Tried this without success. I've tested with other cable and screen, no success.

  43. Started by ulrichD,

    I'm currently running Armbian 5.60 on an Odroid C2. Tried the new mainline kernel version (5.71) on the weekend and everything looked fine at first, but when I got to starting one of my docker containers, it failed. This container uses armhf binaries. Is there some way of enabling armhf support with the new mainline kernel builds of Armbian, or do I need a custom build now? I installed docker via armbian-config. As far as I can remember, I did not have to do anything special to get this working on the 3.x kernel build... Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks and best regards, Ulr…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 3.8k views
  44. Hi All, I'm tring to make Ocroid C2 working with PiSound shield. https://github.com/BlokasLabs/pisound/tree/master/pisound-module I've compiled the module, an I'm able to install it properly. I've changed the DTS in this way --- pisound-overlay.dts 2019-01-22 23:28:59.460427794 +0000 +++ pisound-overlay_odroid.dts 2019-01-23 01:48:20.198204778 +0000 @@ -20,10 +20,9 @@ /dts-v1/; /plugin/; -#include <dt-bindings/gpio/gpio.h> - +#include "/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.15-meson64/include/dt-bindings/gpio/gpio.h" / { - compatible = "brcm,bcm2708"; + compatible = "amlogic,meson-gxbb"; fragment@0 { target = <&spi0>; …

  45. Started by RoDuS,

    --------Preamble------------ Tried Armbian on Opi pc, and fell in love with it! It feels like the O.S. for me! Tried to turn the c2 into the ultimate night stand alarm clock, with 7" screen, micro keyboard and tiny mouse, with speakers built in a customized re-purposed case running ubuntu for beside the bed . alarm-clock-applet is a favorite app on Rpi, works great, I live by it basically. but the c2 will not play audio with it, gstreamer-ugly download and then it works, but it whacks out the RTC. alarm works great on Opi with Armbian but no RTC. The RTC is a big part of the situation, experimentally powering with solar. All that time and money wasted on a great concep…

  46. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi, as the "huge eMMC" patch for Odroid C2 seems to work, I want to proceed now on PWM and SAR. I just installed a fresh system, and try to get both things working. Can someone give me a hint on which modules I need, and if some tweaking in device tree is needed? lsmod shows me that the SAR module seems to be present (meson_saradc), but I can't find the corresponding files on /sys/class/... Moreover, the meson_pwm.ko is present and can be modprobe'd, but I don't get any files unter /sys/class/pwm/ Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Michael

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 5.8k views
  47. Started by cinaed,

    Hi - I'm running kernel 4.18.8-odroidc2 under stretch and I've installed linux-headers-next-odroidc2 linux-source-4.18.8-next-odroidc2 where the kernel image was linux-image-next-odroidc2 The system in general rocks - I was worried about not being able to use my RTL8812AU in the monitor mode - but it works! But I have 2 issues with 4.18.8-odroidc2, first the RTC PCF8563 module. The .config file includes the following entries CONFIG_RTC_DRV_PCF85363=m # CONFIG_RTC_DRV_PCF8563 is not set The Odroid C2 RTC shield is the one not set, namely, the PCF8563 …

  48. Started by sumit6975,

    I used a stable Armbian Image (Armbian Stretch mainline kernel 4.18.y) for OdroidC2. The OS booted up normally but the USB hubs didn't detect the connected peripherals. The output of `lsusb` didn't show any of the connected peripherals. Thanks Sumit

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 6.1k views
  49. Hi, I am trying to get the official Hardkernel RTC board working. This board requires the driver module "rtc-pcf8563.ko" which is not included in the image by default. So I went through the kernel compiling tutorial, to add this module to my "own" kernel, and copy it over to my main system. First problem: the kernel version was different: main system is at version 4.18.8, while the module was compiled for 4.18.20. I could fix this by myself be defining the KERNELBRANCH='tag:v4.18.8'. Second problem: the "linux family" has changed. My main system is at Armbian version 5.60 for family "odroidc2". The driver module was compiled for "meson64"…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.6k views
  50. Started by Qwin,

    Hi all, I'm new to Linux and trying to set up a music server using my Odroid C2/Armbian/Cantata/MPD/HDMI sound. Got Armbian 5.60 (Stretch) 4.18.8 installed. Cantata sees the small test music library I set up on the C2 and appears to play tracks as the progress bar moves. I get no sound from the C2 connected HDMI monitor. (for initial testing only, i2s + DAC/Amp later). I tried the same set up using the Odroid Ubuntu/Mate desktop image a few days back and it worked straight out of the box. My suspicion is that the audio output settings in the mpd.conf are not correct (mpd 0.19.21). For HDMI sound output, does my version of Armbian use Pul…

  51. Started by jimg,

    How do you enable the UART GPIO serial port (i.e., the one on pins 8 & 10) on a Nano Pi K2? The only active serial port I see from `dmesg | grep serial` is ttyAML0, which I'm assuming is the serial port on the debugging pins. FWIW, I'm using the 4.14.69-meson64 kernel on a Nano Pi K2.

    • Reputation Points

    • 13 replies
    • 8.7k views
  52. Started by trebor,

    Hello, After installing Armbian 5.59 I have problems with sound. When I install the distribution with the 4.14.69 kernel, I have an intermittent sound. When with 4.18.7 sound is missing. How can I fix it? Is it possible to change the kernel? If so, please follow the instructions step by step. greetings trebor

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 4k views
  53. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi guys, some months ago I implemented an Odroid C2 as readout controller for a scientific instrument. Lot of people were kind and helped me with some problems with Armbian, especially eMMC and PWM. Today, finally, we managed to have our instrument (two strings with several Odroid C2 and other stuff) deployed. It is sitting now at 2628m depth in the Pacific Ocean, and will go operational the next days. Here we are... I think I can announce the deepest Odroid so far (cry loud if I'm wrong :) ) In the picture you just can see the Titanium housing with two glass covers attached to the string. Again, thanks for the fish :) …

  54. hi dear all i am MS student and want to make my own development board for S905. if i purchase components from market and make a pcb then is it work? any one can answer my question?

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 6.3k views
  55. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi guys, I just recompiled my patches from old 2015 Uboot to the 2018 version, allowing setting the baud rate in Uboot (for accessing it by 9600 8N1), and saving envs in eMMC. First one works, I can switch easily baudrates now, but "saveenv" fails, spitting out a lot of error messages: => saveenv Saving Environment to EXT4... Card did not respond to voltage select! ** Bad device mmc 0 ** Failed (1) I also see that apparently the settings are being loaded from a wrong partition: U-Boot 2018.07-armbian (Oct 28 2018 - 10:43:58 +0100) odroid-c2 DRAM: 2 GiB MMC: mmc@72000: 0, mmc@74000: 1 Loading Environment from EXT4... Card di…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.3k views
  56. Started by Hans,

    Hello, does anybody run above configuration successfully? If yes, what are the steps to make this happen? I did this: sudo apt install xorgxrdp xrdp But this is the result: xrdp (0.9.1-9+deb9u3) wird eingerichtet ... Generating 2048 bit rsa key... ssl_gen_key_xrdp1 ok saving to /etc/xrdp/rsakeys.ini Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/xrdp-sesman.service -> /lib/systemd/system/xrdp-sesman.service. Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/xrdp.service -> /lib/systemd/system/xrdp.service. A dependency job for xrdp.service failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details. invoke-rc.d: initscript xrdp,…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.5k views
  57. Started by Damo2929,

    Hi all am trying to make a router out of my odroid c2 using the mainline kernel but am trying to configure mini jumbo frames to support my PPPoE on a FTTP line but am getting errors from the kernel when attempting to enable the 1508MTU needed to support it. my question is do these adaptors support jumbo frames on any kernel or is it just the mainline kernel not supporting them.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.5k views
  58. Started by sgjava,

    It seems the networking in Armbian 5.59 is messed up. It creates a eth0 adapter (disabled) and Wired network 1 adapter. You can delete these in nmtui, but they always return. I had the same issue with NanoPi Duo using mainline Stable. I can get it to work a bit using armbian-config, removing all interfaces and configuring IP, but it gets screwed up again. I cannot trust to run 5.59 headless because I have no way to get into the SBC without hooking video back up.

  59. Odroid C2: next and dev kernels do recognize USB hard-drives The stable kernel does. Kernel configuration issue?

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 4.9k views
  60. Is this https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/24299 a known issue with 5.60? In https://github.com/armbian/testings it's written that 'USB hot plugging' doesn't work which is something I'm fine with. But what does 'networking sometimes doesn't work' means exactly? @Igor since I've seen you submitted the test report. What does that mean wrt networking? Isn't the next branch meant as a 'stable' branch where basic functionality has to work flawlessly? Did networking work prior to 5.60 release?

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 5.4k views
  61. Started by kirill9617,

    Hello everybody! I want setup my nonopi k2 as small home server, but I ran intoproblem with microSD that ruined all my plans. The trouble is that under load such as downloading or unpacking files (about 100M) or even doing 'apt update' can couse I/O errors. In dmesg I see lines like this: [ 309.344144] mmc0: tried to reset card, got error -110 [ 309.344157] print_req_error: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 13022080 [ 309.344169] print_req_error: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 13022088 [ 309.344176] print_req_error: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 13022096 [ 309.344183] print_req_error: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 13022104 [ 309.344190] print_req_erro…

    • Reputation Points

    • 10 replies
    • 8.6k views
  62. Started by bornpilot,

    What would cause the following dialog to show up when running a binary? : No such file or directory When I run strace against the file I get the following for the execution command. execve("./spyserver", ["./spyserver"], [/* 20 vars */]) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 4.7k views
  63. Hi guys, After some time I get enough brave to do apt upgrade on my Odroid C2 (after month or two).. I updated following packages: Start-Date: 2018-08-07 11:09:56 Commandline: apt upgrade Install: html2text:arm64 (1.3.2a-18, automatic), debconf-utils:arm64 (1.5.56+deb8u1, automatic) Upgrade: ncurses-term:arm64 (5.9+20140913-1+deb8u2, 5.9+20140913-1+deb8u3), libtinfo5:arm64 (5.9+20140913-1+deb8u2, 5.9+20140913-1+deb8u3), linux-dtb-odroidc2:arm64 (5.40, 5.54), libncurses5:arm64 (5.9+20140913-1+deb8u2, 5.9+20140913-1+deb8u3), libncursesw5:arm64 (5.9+20140913-1+deb8u2, 5.9+20140913-1+deb8u3), ncurses-bin:arm64 (5.9+20140913-1+deb8u2, 5.9+20140913-1+deb8u3), b…

    • Reputation Points

    • 15 replies
    • 7.1k views
  64. Hello armbian community, I am coming from the official Hardkernel minimal Ubuntu image to armbian (I need a newer kernel than the 3.16 in Hardkernel images). I'd like a headless setup, so I have downloaded and flashed what is inside Armbian_5.49_Odroidc2_Debian_stretch_next_4.17.3.7z. So far so good, the image boots to login prompt. However when I want to log in, the characters typed do not appear on the screen. I have tried several keyboards (one of them being the same keyboard I'm typing this post on so I know it works), both wired and wireless, connected directly or via a USB hub, still nothing. I've also tried flashing the desktop image from Armbian_5.49_O…

  65. I run my ODROID C2 from eMMC, and after upgrading u-boot default to 5.38 booting no longer works. It looks like it cannot read the root partition and then reboots (and it will just keep rebooting). If I downgrade to u-boot 5.35 the system starts normally. This is the boot log from serial (first boot to start of the second): https://hastebin.com/raw/qajacahipe

  66. Started by hough,

    Allcon, my pik2 constantly locks up. i havent been able to find anything that causes. going to cut this short before it locks up http://ix.io/1e4Q i have tried SD cards from san disk pny verbatim lexar: no change i have tried different power supplies. the barrel jack under vairous voltages: many different power supplies i cannot find any consistancy.

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 4k views
  67. Hi, I was using Hardkernel's provided image for Odroid C1 and that was working fine. There is bunch of test sensors attached to gpio, like DHT22, BMP085, DS18B20 and 433 mhz receiver. Now I have tried to switch to Armbian and all the sensors keep working as they did, except 433 mhz receiver The RFSniffer I use is this one: https://github.com/ninjablocks/433Utils I changed WiringPI PIN to be used to "5": --- a/RPi_utils/RFSniffer.cpp +++ b/RPi_utils/RFSniffer.cpp @@ -22,7 +22,7 @@ int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { // This pin is not the first pin on the RPi GPIO header! // Consult https://projects.drogon.net/raspberry-pi/wir…

  68. Started by TonyMac32,

    I have created a branch for amlogic device mainline u-boot, I have successfully booted le potato now, it took some small adjustments to support the 2015 boot script. Anyone wishing to try this use LIB_TAG="meson64-uboot" Next steps: use a proper boot script to take advantage of armbianEnv.txt and bring Le Potato to modernity. using C2 as pattern bring up mainline support for K2

    • Reputation Points

    • 15 replies
    • 9.4k views
  69. TL;DR: the following is a simple summary of the issue: Amlogic SoCs contain an own embedded microcontroller (Cortex-M3) used for controlling power and clocks A proprietary and closed source firmware is loaded on the M3 at boot. This stuff is contained in the bl30.bin blob we have to include This firmware controls the real clockspeeds, ignores what the cpufreq framework running in the Linux kernel wants and even reports back bogus clockspeeds (the kernel wants to set 1512 MHz, the M3 ignores this and sets 1416 MHz instead but the code returns faked 1512 MHz) Various tests showed that this is not related to thermal protection but just to $some…

  70. Odroid C2 Armbian 5.44 Ubuntu- Bionic XFCE 4.12/ - 1. system lost eth0 connection after 5 minutes work ( DHCP or Static number IP ) 2. sometimes not reboot properly - i have to unconnected from power

  71. Hi, with my Odroid C2 I experience a strange behaviour regarding Armbian Updates. Initially Armbian_5.38_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_default_3.14.79 was installed, after installation I did an upgrade to Debian Stretch. Meanwhile a new Armbian version v5.44 / v5.45 with a newer Kernel is available for Odroid C2 devices. If I do "apt update" and "apt upgrade", a newer version isn't visible or would be installed? The system is stuck on v5.38 with Kernel 3.14.79: " Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.38 stable Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 3.14.79-odroidc2 Linux lx 3.14.79-odroidc2 #14 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 25 05:46:07 CET 2018 aarch64 System load: 0.39 0.28 0…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4.8k views
  72. I installed ARMBIAN 5.44 testing Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 4.14.40-odroidc2 on my C2 and it is working fine at this time, but it hangs with the command "shutdown -r now" - I have to power off/on. Now I did get the advice to update to U-Boot V2018.03 On my C2 dpkg does show me as actual installed: linux-u-boot-odroidc2-next 5.44 arm64 Uboot loader 2017.11 Via "apt-cache search" or at http://apt.armbian.com/pool/main/l/linux-u-boot-odroidc2-next/ I couldnt find nothing newer than the installed version or linux-u-boot-next-odroidc2_5.38_arm64.deb 25-Jan-2018 07:48 206K In /etc/apt/sources.list.d/armbian.list I got as t…

  73. I am having an issue playing 24 bit files on my audio system. I am feeding from an Odroid C2 running Armbian Ubuntu to a Schiit Yggrasil DAC, via USB. The problem is that while all 16 bit files play perfectly, all 24 bit files play with crackles and pops and are unlistenable. I am trying to figure out where the incompatibility lies in the USB interface between the units - is it a Linux issue (I've tried other distributions with the same results) or is it something in the hardware? Any thoughts on the issue would be most appreciated.

    • Reputation Points

    • 17 replies
    • 6.7k views
  74. HI, I want use armbian on my odroid-c2. But I can't start it: - Ubuntu xenial 5.40, 3.14.79 loop on 'authentification ... token error' - Debian stretch next desktop4.14.30 don't make anything on screen But DietPi v60.0 Jessie work fine. The power supply is Odroid model. I try two sd card, sandisk ultra 64Go and Hc class 10 16Go: - dietpi is ok - 2 distrib of Armbian are Ko. About Debian stretch next, the blue led flash 2 time rapidely, without stop Could you help me? Thanks

  75. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi guys, after some interesting weeks, I could successfully install eight Odroid C2 together with dedicated FPGA hardware now, and prepare them now for deep sea operation. Just wanted to express a big "THANK YOU" to all here in the forum which were involved in helping me to get the beast working. The boards operate now with patches inside Uboot (serial console 9600 8N1) and several small patches inside the kernel (device tree, PWM, ADCs, 1Wire), and a patch inside the rt8152 driver to switch off the LEDs in the USB ethernet dongle (PMTs don't like such bright light usually). 128GB eMMCs are working fine, thanks to the speed patch …

  76. This was briefly discussed in another topic, but the idea would be to make 4.14 the default kernel for Le Potato and K2, and change next to the newest stable kernel. The reason is, the 4.14 is the vendor kernel for Le Potato, K2 is only supported via it's similarity to C2 and Le Potato, and we currently don't have a "mainline" for Amlogic as everything moves forward. Consequences: Default build it yourself with the 3.14 will no longer be possible. We do not provide images of this build anyway. Next image users will get updated to the newest stable rather than staying on 4.14 This is what needs the discussion. I put a quick post on…

  77. Started by 4tm,

    Is it possible to get it work, with next kenel?

  78. Hello, i've experienced eMMC Problems with the latest stable Jessie Armbian-Image for Odroid C2. Thats why i installed Debian_jessie_next_desktop_nightly.7z from the nightly builds. After my first experiences it seems that image is working good since i did all of my configurations over serial console and ssh. Now when connecting my display it's not working. Which is 1440x900p60hz and connected over a hdmi<->dvi Adapter to the board. The device is starting with a black screen and not not detecting any display when i try to start the X-Server manually and there are also no /dev/fbdev* devices. Since the boot files b…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.1k views
  79. Not sure if this belongs here or upstream but I figure I'd post here first. I'm running kubernetes on a bunch of odroid c2s and randomly pairs or sometimes single ones will crash randomly. I was able to capture the logs from the crash, but I can't seem to get a core dump. I was, however, able to determine that the panic occurs when rapidly removing and adding virtual ethernet devices. Some sort of collision seems to occur and the kernel oopsies into oblivion. It happens constantly, so much that I've had to put my project on hold =( This happens with the stock image from hardkernel, the latest stable armbian image for c2, and the latest nightly for …

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 3.8k views
  80. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi, after doing some last changes (hopefully) to Uboot and the kernel, I have some questions on how to get the new Uboot and kernel on eMMC (I can't reinstall everything on a cleanly etched system). I have normal build environment, with mainline kernel and v2017.11. compile.sh gives me a new image without problems. The target system is running nicely on a 128GB eMMC, but how can I safely install the new Uboot and the new kernel to my eMMC? I would really be happy to have one of the experts telling me how to proceed without killing my system Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated. Michael

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.2k views
  81. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi, after getting access to GPIO pins now (thnx to Neil ) I wonder that accessing pins be bash scripts gives me quite different access times. For example, I use one pin to switch a connected device on and off by a MOSFET. Setting the pin low is fast, setting it high takes about two seconds. I use the following shell script: #!/bin/bash echo "0" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio102/value ("0" for off, "1" for on) Any ideas? The pin seems to switch immediately, while the shell prompt takes about two seconds to return - but ONLY in case of "1". The corresponding pin is set to output, of course, before Best regards, Michael …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.8k views
  82. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi, maybe someone can give me a hint... I have a running system now on 128GB eMMC card, and wanto to use GPIO. I have /sys/class/gpio/ with export, and unexport files, and two gpiochip0 and gpiochip14 entries. Unfortunately I can't export pins, as export 231 > /sys/class/gpio/export gives me a (as user and root) bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument Any help is appreciated. EDIT: works now. It is somehow a bit complicated, as the "usual" numbers as known from 3.x kernels vanished. Debug output shows two "gpiochips", with a certain number of pins, which you have to correlate to the device tree enums for that "chips" - …

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.8k views
  83. Started by Jirka,

    Hello, we are testing set of 50devices and on 20%-30% of them we are detecting errors, which seems as hardware issues with eMMC cards. Issues looks very similar to us. Example of device usage is: 1) device boots operating system (Armbian GNU/Linux kernel 3.14.79-odroidc2), 2) device works as expected for hours/days, 3) system logs starts containing emmc errors, 4) system freezes with console message: Message from syslogd@avast-hkc213254dfea768 at Feb 14 13:49:58 ... kernel:[189164.931207] Disabling IRQ #250 After consultation with Hardkernel we tried theirs ubuntu image and it looks better. After 4 hour test we do not detect broken card (test continues),…

  84. Started by aex,

    Hi, I want to change the resolution to a custom setting. In order to do this I changed the /boot/boot.ini file to custombuilt and include the relevant modeline for my display. When I start the odroid, it crashes. I then tried to just use setenv display_autodetect "true" and no preset selected, it also crashes. Perhaps I misunderstand auto_detect, but when I set the custombuilt option with the right modeline, it still won't work.. any ideas?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.5k views
  85. Started by m][sko,

    Can you fix build/patch/kernel/odroidc2-dev/packaging-4.x-DEV-with-postinstall-scripts.patch so we have working image with mainline kernel now it is missing symlink to zImage ln -sf $(basename $installed_image_path) /boot/zImage > /dev/null 2>&1 || mv /$installed_image_path /boot/zImage rm -f /boot/System.map* /boot/config* /boot/vmlinuz* /boot/zImage /boot/uImage And plz add https://github.com/BayLibre/libretech-image-builder/blob/libretech-cc-xenial-4.14-mali-x11/patches/0001-meson_drm_disable_ARGB8888.patch https://raw.githubusercontent.com/superna9999/LibreELEC.tv/Amlogic_GX/projects/Amlogic_GX/patches/linux/00…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3k views
  86. Today I installed Armbian_5.35_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_default_3.14.79 on my Odroid C2 Installation went fine and I got a DHCP-IP But now neither armbian-config will configure me a IP to eth0 (only device lo) nor /etc/network/interfaces would be "read" when I manually edit it to eth0 So I cleared the file. nmtui does let me configure a connection and I could activate this connection. At this time I got a/the right IP. But after a reboot this IP wouldnt reconnected. Every boot I do get an additional connection eth0 generated. Before boot root@odroidc2:~# nmcli con show NAME UUID T…

  87. I want tou share with you my experience with weston with mali wayland drivers https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=28426&start=50#p213474 Wish list: Can you guys add /lib/udev/rules.d/99-mali.rules KERNEL=="mali",SUBSYSTEM=="misc",MODE=="0777" to for all board with mali GPU And also set up directory and library cache for mali userspace drivers so all application will use mali version istead of mesa We still have problem with v-sync with amlogic DRM driver

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4.5k views
  88. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi, I just changed from my 16GB eMMC to a 64GB eMMC (black type, ordered by Pollin, with Android initially on it). I use Etcher on Windows 7, as before, no problems occured so far. If I use the same image (Armbian_5.37_Odroidc2_Debian_stretch_next_4.14.13) as I do on my 16GB eMMC, the C2 boots up normally. I can login in as root, and get prompted for a new password. This image includes Uboot changes for setting serial port baudrate, no other changes to kernel. An here the trouble starts: no matter what password I want to use as new one, I fail. If I use a "too easy one" I get denied (as it should be). If I use a complicated one, I ge…

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 6.5k views
  89. Started by John S.,

    It seems the Armbian test image for the NanoPi-K2 only works on an SD card. At least mine doesn't seem to boot when I put it on the 8GB eMMC module. Is there an eMMC armbian image for the NanoPi-K2 or is there something I need to do to get the existing image to boot on the eMMC module?

  90. Started by martinayotte,

    I have a NanoPi-K2 sitting in the dust since awhile. I decided to try some images from @balbes150, such as Armbian_5.32_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_server_20170820.img.xz or even some other such Armbian_5.27_S9xxx_Debian_jessie_4.13.0-next-20170731+_server.img.xz, but none of them is even starting to load u-boot ... It is only producing such output on debug serial : GXBB:BL1:08dafd:0a8993;FEAT:EDFC318C;POC:3;RCY:0;EMMC:800;NAND:81;SD:0;READ:0;CHK:F3;USB:8;LOOP:1;EMMC:800;NAND:81;SD:0;READ:0;CHK:F3;USB:8;LOOP:2;EMMC:800;NAND:81;SD:0;READ:0;CHK:F3;USB:8; I don't know much about Amlogic, what I'm missing ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 87 replies
    • 28.8k views
  91. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi, maybe someone can give me a hint on this issue. I'm working on U-Boot v2017.11 currently, and just found out that on the Odroid C2 env settings are not changable inside the eMMC, but only at compile time for Uboot. I use an 16GB eMMC, not a sdcard. So my question is: where and to what values have the following CONFIG_* parameters be set to have env settings changeable by setenv and saveenv in Uboot again? #define CONFIG_ENV_SIZE (32 * SZ_1K) #define CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET (720 * SZ_1K) #define CONFIG_SYS_MMC_ENV_DEV 1 #define CONFIG_SYS_MMC_ENV_PART 0 That's what I tried inside the include/config…

  92. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi, I'm working on adding baudrate changes to recent Uboot v2017.11 for the Odroid C2. Took some time to understand the way Uboot handles access to hardware... I tried to get some clean solution, and wanted to ask on how I can submit my changes to the main developpers. Would be great if you could give me a hint on that issue. I still need some time for testing the changes, so it is not urgent (we need this feature to have 9600 8N1 access to the C2, as it will be deployed on a place without easy access So far, Michael

  93. Started by bolet75,

    Hi armbian team ! I've been running my Odroid C2 for almost 2 years with the only then available distro for my board : odrobian. As that distro is now left without maintainer, I'm turning to other distros and am glad to see my board supported by armbian (which I currently use on various Orange Pi boards). Is there a path to migrate my Odroid C2 installation from odrobian to armbian with minimum downtime ? (it's a server) Or should I consider installing everything from scratch on another board and copy my configuration there ? Thanks !

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.9k views
  94. Hello gents. I cannot seem to be able to find the reason why the image I copy the SD gets some files gets corrupted after the first boot. I tried to force not to resize the rootfs too with no luck. I find out that the /etc/network/interfaces is different from what I edited. On a linux machine I used Etcher to flash the image Armbian_5.35_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_default_3.14.79.img. Then edit the file /etc/network/interfaces on the SD (an 16GB Samsung EVO) to add the line "auto eth0" which is missing(!), unmount the SD, move it to the Odroid C2 and boot it. the result after the first boot is (at minicom console): root@odroidc2:~# cat…

  95. armbian on Odroid C2 4.13 or mainline 4.14?

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 5.5k views
  96. Started by m][sko,

    v-sync is it working or not? I just start up debian xenial x.org with meson drm driver, but it looks like v-sync don't work. Should I change something in x config ? amlogic drivers has always problem problem with v-sync only video decoder pipeline( amlogic magic idea how to do video decoding) is sync-ed properly I opened terminal and I moved it down and can see window from prev. frame so v-sync don't work

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.5k views
  97. Started by noisepic,

    What's happen with my nano pi k2 just boot up and stop here. GXL:BL1:9ac50e:a1974b;FEAT:ADFC318C;POC:3;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:AA;SD:0;READ:0;0.0;CHK:0; no sdio debug board detected TE: 194208 BL2 Built : 13:48:56, Sep 23 2016. gxl g7459bd4 - jianxin.pan@droid06 set vcck to 1120 mv set vddee to 1000 mv Board ID = 6 CPU clk: 1200MHz DQS-corr enabled DDR scramble enabled DDR3 chl: Rank0+1 @ 792MHz - PASS Rank0: 1024MB(auto)-2T-11 Rank1: 1024MB(auto)-2T-11 DataBus test pass! AddrBus test pass! Load fip header from SD, src: 0x0000c200, des: 0x01400000, size: 0x00004000 New fip structure! Load bl30 from SD, src: 0x00010200, des: 0x01100000, size: 0x0000d600 Loa…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.7k views
  98. [ 0.206220] soc soc0: Amlogic Meson GXBB (S905) Revision 1f:0 (b:1) Detected [ 0.206304] of_clk_hw_onecell_get: invalid index 126 [ 0.206308] clk: couldn't get assigned clock 0 for /soc/aobus@c8100000/sys-ctrl@0/power-controller-vpu [ 0.206319] meson_gx_pwrc_vpu: probe of c8100000.sys-ctrl:power-controller-vpu failed with error -22 [ 0.279579] dwc2 c9000000.usb: c9000000.usb supply vusb_d not found, using dummy regulator [ 0.279624] dwc2 c9000000.usb: c9000000.usb supply vusb_a not found, using dummy regulator [ 0.280758] phy phy-c0000000.phy.0: USB ID detect failed! [ 0.280764] phy phy-c0000000.phy.0: phy poweron failed…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 4.5k views
  99. Hi Armbian people, this is my first time here and i feel like a child in a chemical laboratory... strange things, linux is a new world for me so i apologize for dumbs questions... Im trying to install RTC Shield in my odroid c2 with Openmediavault Erasmus. Someone can give me a hand? I've start with the tutorial provided by Hardkernell.. is for Ubuntu, so i have an error (see first picture) since the second step. After that, Odroid from HD suggest probe rtc with sudo modprobe aml_i2c sudo modprobe rtc_pcf8563.. .. it seems that the driver is not present or that is not the right thing to do (see second picture). After that i"ve try w…

    • Reputation Points

    • 47 replies
    • 15.9k views
  100. Started by m][sko,

    Any idea why 4.14 linux kernel don't work with mali drivers ? https://github.com/superna9999/meson_gx_mali_450/tree/DX910-SW-99002-r7p0-00rel1_meson_gx

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 6.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.