General Chat
An area for discussing general topics about Armbian on TV Boxes
548 topics in this forum
-
I am trying to connect my H96 max tvbox to internet but it's not working I tried to connect with both wifi and Ethernet but it's not working
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 616 views
- 1 follower
-
-
specs: hi3798 ram 1g rom 4g sd/usb boot or emmc boot any help appreciated
-
I have recently purchased a Linux-based TV box with the following specifications: Realtek chipset with the code RTD1395PU 1 GB of RAM (SEC 149 model) 8 GB Flash memory (SCY brand) Operating system: Linux Support for 1 USB, LAN, HDMI I have tried connecting the UART interface to it and observed the boot process using Putty. What I received was a boot system that I will describe later. The issue I'm facing is that there is very little information on the internet about this CPU model, and the support for it is similarly scarce, as it seems to have been discontinued. I can use ESC/Space to access Uboot in the Realtek> prompt, but the n…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 8.1k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hello everyone, I am hoping to get some advice on the possibility of running Armbian on a TV box I have. I understand this is a niche device, and I am new to this process, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Device Information: Device Type: TV Box Manufacturer: SkyworthDigital Model: SK Hailstrom Ref 1325 Board: HPR3E1325_4k Hardware/Platform: rtd1325 Product: HPR10X Hardware Details (from system info): Core Architecture: 4x ARM Cortex-A55 @ 1700MHz Instruction Set: 64-bit ARMv8-A (32-bit Mode) Supported ABIs: armeabi-v7a, armeabi Scaling Governor: schedutil I have …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The problem (Armbian on U9-H requires physical button after power loss) The discovery process (MCU at I2C bus 0, address 0x15, register 0x11) The fix: i2cset -y 0 0x15 0x11 0x00 The systemd service for persistence That 0x01 = button required, 0x00 = auto power on Note it likely applies to the Minix NEO U1 as well since it uses the same MCU
-
I currently have a X96 Air S905X3 4GB/64GB box that has 1Gbit ethernet and a USB 3.0 port that works well with Armbian. This was bought 5 years ago for only 35 USD. I would like to find another box for Armbian that also has 1000M/1Gbit ethernet + USB 3.0. The same or similar boxes are selling for 50-60USD at the moment which is a lot for an old box. Are there any other boxes with 1Gbit ethernet at a low price that work with Armbian? Not bothered about other features, wifi quality, performance otherwise - just Gbit ethernet and USB 3. Open to all processors - Amlogic, Allwinner, Rockchip etc
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.8k views
-
-
Hello. I'm running Armbian on a Ugoos AM3 TV box. I downloaded the Armbian_26.05.0_amlogic_s912_bookworm_6.18.20_server_2026.04.01.img.gz image from https://github.com/ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian/releases/download/Armbian_bookworm_arm64_server_2026.04/ Armbian_26.05.0_amlogic_s912_bookworm_6.18.20_server_2026.04.01.img.gz I'm using an 8GB USB flash drive. I formatted the flash drive to FAT32. I burned the image to the flash drive using Win32 Disk Imager. After burning the image, I found the u-boot-s905x-s912.bin file in the root directory of the flash drive and renamed it to u-boot.ext. In the /dtb/amlogic/ directory, I found the meson-gxm-ugoos-am3.dtb f…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I know this is a bit of a long shot given the age of the hardware, but I’m wondering if anyone here has ever experimented with running Armbian on an EVPad 2S (the old Android TV box). I’ve been tinkering with some older devices and thought it might be interesting to see if this one can be repurposed. I’ve attached a screenshot of the system info - unfortunately, it’s pretty sparse. The box is running Android 4.4.2 with kernel version 3.4.39, but the processor type is listed as “UNKNOWN,” and I haven’t found much documentation on the chipset or board layout. so before I dive deeper I wanted to ask: Has anyone managed to get Armbian (or…
-
I'm trying to download and reinstall android os on an x88 pro 10 to try and get it working. I have downloaded the file and flashed the device several times but cannot get past the boot up screen I have attached a usb keyboard and mouse but no luck.looking for someone i can chat with step by step
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
Hello, can someone help me with Armbian for this Android box, which seems to have a good configuration for a media center? I would like to know how to flash it and which firmware image I can install on it. Thank you. BBox 4K Specifications: Dimensions: 15x15x3.6cm SoC: Marvell BG4-CT Processor RAM: 2 GB Internal Memory: 16 GB 4K – UHD: Ultra HD, for 4 times better image quality DTS and Dolby sound with S/PDIF and HDMI audio output 128 GB TV recorder, to be completed with the media of your choice Connectivity: SD card reader / 2 USB 2.0 ports Wi-Fi Bluetooth
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
Hello, it's been months since I've said to myself "I've got to get a cheap TV box, since SBCs are now so expensive and my Raspberry Pi 3 is showing its I/O and memory limits", and I think I'm now finally forced to, because 2 weeks ago my Pi started to show some strange (load/power) issues, and even started to emit a funny burned smell (!!!), slowly with hours of continuous (even if light) uptime. It still works, but I fear that some component is dying, maybe having kept an USB HDD connected for months has fried something: the smell strangely is always coming even after changing PSU and disconnecting the HDD (apart from that, there are now no other connected peripherals ex…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 16.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Good day, I've installed ARMBIAN to my old TV box. It's running fine as I ussually use it headles with a ssh connection to it. BUT NOW I've attached it to the hdmi TV and I want to remotely use that HDMI screen w/o local keyboard and mouse. I don't know how to do that. Please give me a help?
-
Sincerally i don't really understand why so many people say bad thing of tvboxes with armbian.. i work daily with tvboxes and sold a few hundreds.. and i used dozens for installing coreelec, libreelec, armbian and home assistant in it and yes, they give a bit more work to set up than some well known boards specifically designed for development builds, but after everything is installed and set up, it's very rare for them to give any issues.. and you pay just a fraction of the cost and have hardware very close to the best recommended boards, and sometimes even better hardware.. what i recommend is using the more known ones and use good sdcards.. sincerally.. stop spreading …
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hw Spec Soc: Amlogic S912-H, (S192 with dolby, DTS) Mem: 2G Ddr3 Emmc: 16G 4K HDMi AV out ethernet ?? Wifi/Bt ?? USB port *1 5V DC-IN IR receiver Reset hole OS: Ali YunOS Steps 1, connect UART from mainboard test points, (I can only find M17's UART port) 2, build u-boot follow q200.rst in u-boot doc, use VIM2 config and use VIM2 fip blobs (hope that works) 3, build Arm64 debian bookworm with default debian kernel to USB driver, and config system. 4, falsh u-boot to USB driver 5, connect to device with UART, hope to stop at u-boot cmdline, and erase emmc. if failed, f…
-
Reputation Points
- 52 replies
- 22.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've been running ARMbian on my "H96 Max" for 36 hrs now, ha in VLC, i have noticed that if i play the 720 in the native default window, and don't maximize it, it plays perfect with no dropped frames, but it still tears now and then !!. it's because the video does not have to be rescaled. So obviously, the problem is that Hardware Decoding will not work with VLC, and that VLC and ARMbian are just not optimized and not up to the job !!. I have heard that with my "H96 Max"ARM and almost any other SoCs, that they can just not handle the task in ARMbian and in general, , , i was suprized to see the 4 CPU's run a 50% !!, i expected it to be no more than 10 …
-
I've installed and run a/m OS. BUT i have a problem with MAK address changing at every reboot. How to avoid that ? Is it possible to install the OS on the emmc instead of SD card?
-
Hi guys. I'm just wondering if I can install Linux on it. STB in DEVELOPER mode, I can connect ADB and I see some stuff here: vip6102w:/ $ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/root 1.9G 917M 1.0G 47% / tmpfs 822M 492K 821M 1% /dev tmpfs 822M 112K 822M 1% /mnt /dev/block/dm-1 488M 77M 401M 17% /vendor /dev/block/mmcblk1p22 8.8G 1.4G 7.2G 17% /data /dev/block/mmcblk1p8 0.9M 34K 970K 4% /dev/hwcfg /dev/block/mmcblk1p15 5.6M 120K 5.2M 3% /cache /data/media 8.8G 1.4G 7.2G 17% /storage/emulated vip6102w:/ $ uname -a…
-
Hello everyone, I have a TV Box (as you can see in the photo) and I want to put Linux on it. But I'm having a problem finding a compatible image. The model is from Allwinner H3. And when I go to configure it to place the image, it is starting directly on the tvBox.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 10.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I am about to buy a TV box with the following characteristics, I would love to know if it is compatible to install a distro CPU Cortex-A7 Quad-Core Procesador gráfico Mali-400
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello how are you. I have a smart box X96Q PRO. It is not running play store giving error to update and uninstall it.And neither update not uninstall. And not hard rest . Hidden Rest button not work and not connecting PC . Please help me any where bypass button or any point short idea
-
Hi all, I have an android TV box lying around and I wanted to install Linux on it. It has a MIPS processor. I tried looking it up but couldn't find much info. I'm relatively new to Linux so any help is appreciated. Thanks
-
Hi I’m thinking of buying a more powerful TV box, and I see that everyone recommends Rockchip. However, when I look at performance, I notice that the S905X3 has much more power than an RK3566 and is also cheaper. There are comments that development for Amlogic is stalled, but new versions continue to be released from what I can see. I only want it for setting up a Pi-hole and some Dockerized applications. Am I making a mistake if I go for an S905X3? Currently, I have an S905X, and although it was a bit challenging, it’s working quite well
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 11.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi i installed an armbian img dirictly to the emmc, and i want to make a backup img file of it after installing and config few things on it! i can't use the "ddbr" command cuz it's already installed directly to the emmc. is there any other way?
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I find armbian awesome and my problem is because of the manufacurers. I basically want to play accelerated video (because I need 4k). I tried amlogic, but it is not still supported (https://linux-meson.com/hardware.html) the status is partial for the chips I tried. I don't what "partial" means but I can hardware decoding. I also tried allwinner, several chips. In this page https://linux-sunxi.org/Sunxi-Cedrus I see that it is supported but I tried with new kernels, old kernels... Nothing worked. I always reach a point that stops me (like segmentation fault when loading sunxi modules, system freeze when using vdpau, compilation errors due inco…
-
Is it possible to extract the DTB file from a working Android TV BOX? I'm having fun with a new TV BOX TX3 Mini with Amlogic S905L2B (I was sure to find S905W) and before asking for help I wanted to know if I can recover the DTB file from the Android image that works correctly. Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, After running armbian-install on S905x device it stopped booting. USB Burning Tool doesn't recognize the device, nothing. After connecting to UART it looks like install script has overwritten the original u-boot. That's the boot log from UART connection without sd card: GXL:BL1:9ac50e:a1974b;FEAT:ADFC318C;POC:3;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;0.0;CHK:0; TE: 104174 BL2 Built : 11:58:42, May 27 2017. gxl gc3c9a84 - xiaobo.gu@droid05 set vcck to 1120 mv set vddee to 1000 mv Board ID = 1 CPU clk: 1200MHz DQS-corr enabled DDR scramble enabled DDR3 chl: Rank0+1 @ 912MHz - PASS Rank0: 1024MB(auto)-2T-13 Rank1: 1024MB(auto)-2T-13 DataBus test pass! AddrB…
-
Got a TV Box off amazon. Not real happy with the features as it comes. So I thought I'd give a try at booting to Armbian and see how that performs. I have no idea what the hardware is so I'm not sure where to begin at getting a good bootable SD card set up. The label on the box just says "TV BOX", nothing that I see to ID the thing. Where do I go to see the info I need to start building a usable boot? This is the device I have: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MJ13MWD
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
Thanks so much, SteeMan. You are my hero! Messing around with Armbian on TVBox is really fun. I saw you and other people discussed about installing Armbian to the onboard eMMC. Is there any advantage for doing that? I mean I have a Samsung EVO 128Gb lying around, which should be faster, roomier than the onboard eMMC, shouldn't I use it instead of the 16Gb onboard eMMC?
-
Hello, I have recently found two android TV boxes and am interested in getting Armbian running on them versus the very deprecated Android versions they have. Doing a little research, I've found that they're MXQ EasyView TV models and run on ARM processors similar to my Le Potatoes that I've been playing around with for a few months. I've found their webpage, and it's pretty comical. Unfortunately, they don't list the exact ARM processor and/or specs and just looking up MXQ results in newer models only and Easyview barely anything except the mentioned site. https://easyviewtv.com/homepage.html Now, there does look like there was a p…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
@Steeman: thanks so much for a clear and concise instruction! You are my hero!!! By the way, I just want to check with you. There is no reason to run Armbian on emmc card, rite? Because the sdcard nowadays are much faster & larger than those that are available in the old TV Boxes? Thus there is no advantage to install to the emmc? Thanks!
-
Hello guys! First of all, i couldn't find a topic about the same problem im having, so, if this is a duplicate, just let me know and i'll delete it So, i just installed Armbian Lunar Edge (Kernel 6.2.9) on my box. The WiFi chip is properly recognized, but the firmware for it won't load This is the dmesg output [ 8.897269] cfg80211: Loading compiled-in X.509 certificates for regulatory database [ 8.898654] cfg80211: Loaded X.509 cert 'sforshee: 00b28ddf47aef9cea7' [ 8.899871] platform regulatory.0: Direct firmware load for regulatory.db failed with error -2 [ 8.899910] cfg80211: failed to load regulatory.db [ 8.912366] Adding…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 7.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, i'm trying to burn with balena etcher but my sd card is unreadable with my macbook at the end of burn. I tested all versions from /armbian/dl/aml-s9xx-box/archive. Is there any instructions to burn? thanks
-
my box is a H96 pro plus TV box, installed Armbian 23.08.0-trunk Lunar. was working well stand alone, had ethernet and wifi, I decided make use of this box as a network-bridge I wanted to connect a 3d printer that only has ethernet to wifi, just to transfer files. so finding instructions on this (reverse network bridge?) was difficult, some say's it can't be done, found one person said he just did it but was for a rpi I think using dhcpcd. but anyways when I installed dhcpcd it removed nmcli and now my wifi is disconnected and ethernet is no longer listed. still messing with it to see if I can get it back, but I attached the script he gav…
-
can any install armbian mso9385
-
From an article at: https://torrentfreak.com/brazil-regulator-claims-80-of-pirate-tv-boxes-were-blocked-last-week-231030/ "Brazil's telecoms regulator Anatel claims that during an operation last week, it successfully blocked around 80% of pirate 'TV boxes' in the country. Estimates from early 2023 suggest that seven million were active in Brazil." Maybe they could be re-purposed to run Armbian /s What's your take on this?
-
I tried to write different images from the h6 family, for example: Arabian_23.11.0_allwinner_tanix-tx6_bullseye_5.136_server_2023.10.20.img to my SD and USB drive, however, this does not work. If you install the SD card and turn it on, then the red LED lights up on the device and that's it. The device simply ignores the USB flash drive and loads android. What could be the problem?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have install ARMBIAN 5.37 user-built Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS 3.10.99 on a MK808b plus. How can i set the Display-Output to 720p 50Hz - it is necassary for a special purpuse. The MK808b is only use for this prepared purpuse. So i need the fix Display-output
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2k views
-
-
I have ANTIK Set Top Box and want to replace it's original OS/Firmware with any common linux/android (linux preferred), because the original OS is locked & proprietary, and i want to use OS that are more flexible. STB brand : Antik machine : b2067 cpu family : sh4 cpu variant : st40-300 cpu type : STxH205 Is there any OS/firmware that i can use? or any help/guide on how to do this is much appreciated, Thank you.
-
Hello, I have a formuler z alpha. I think the gpu is a ARM Cortex A5 (but not sure) Some have an ARMBIAN version for booting on USB with this model of CPU ? Thank you
-
Hello. I won't be able to find the armbian M8C amlogic S802 download file. I want to try to use it. Thank you in advance.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
Hi With a web search and in Kodi wiki I found only outdated info. Which ARM board with much better performance than Raspberry (I want 4K streaming) and good Linux support? Which is the flagship of 2023 for TV box? Installation and setup should be easy, like a x86 PC. I am not yet sure if I run LibreElec or armbian Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello! I have an issue with my hk1 box. I cannot connect to WiFi. I see a lot of networks but when I trying to connect it says “couldn’t find <BSSID>”. Tried to set static & DHCP IP, factory reset the box and rebooted the router. When I use the LAN cable it works. does anyone have any idea how to further troubleshoot this or have some knowledge or experience?
-
good day guys i am new here i have a android box that is a huawei model ec6108v8 settop box using a hi3719 processer is there away to install armbian on it
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
AdHi all , I'm new here but have just been given 2 X TV boxes and am hopeful one or both might work for Armbian but I don't know what I've got or where to start to be honest 😆. One box says T8 on top and underneath Smart TV BOX quad core T8 V3 S/N 052014120002441 This one is in a solid metal case . The other is in a square ish plastic shell and on top says M8 underneath says OTT TV BOX Android Player Model : M8 Are either of these suitable please ?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I Want to Install ARMBIAN on Tronsmart Vega S89 Standard. Currently it is on Android Kitkat 4.4.2. Please Help. Thanx
-
Considering that this is all community supported as always, Is Armbian nowadays in a better shape on Amlogic or Rockchip tv boxes?
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello Armbian team. 1st I would like to thank everyone for your great work. I've been using a Minix TV box with Armbian 5.41 (kernel 3.14) for many years. Recently I have decide to try Mr. balbes150 build. The system works perfectly from SD, but after installing to emmc the boot process fails to load OS. I would be thankful if someone could point to the right direction. [1] Hardware: Minix Neo U1 ... S905, 2GB RAM / 16GB Flash. Emmc is Toshiba THGBMFG7C1LBAIL (AFAIK same as Samsung KLMAG2GEND-B031). [2] Software: Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_bullseye_current_5.9.0.img.xz Using DTB meson-gxbb-vega-s95-meta.dtb Here is my extlinux.conf: …
-
Reputation Points
- 57 replies
- 59.8k views
- 8 followers
-
-
Hello all, I need some help. I have a Beelink GT1 Mini TV Box 64GB Gigabit Lan 4 GB Ram. I use this stock firmware: v007P0 stock firmware LPDDR4 version (SN: 95X2) for Beelink GT1 Mini TV Box from here. https://beelink-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/firmwareservice_beelink_onmicrosoft_com/EQ8GFfRPJopFoKLfJt71qyMB7ZuofgTb_L3_VW3CHO2g2g?e=Hq70yf https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-android-pie-9-v007p0-stock-firmware-for-beelink-gt1-mini-tv-box.html I am trying to flash Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_buster_current_5.9.0.img.xz using the meson-g12a-gt1-mini-a but I get the error here-below: I have tried all other meson-g12a with…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 13.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
dear friend, im just burn and run armbian firmware on my tvbox. the firmware from ophub,and i want to change kernel,but a dont know how to change it. the kernel file contains boot.tar.gz, dtb.tar.gz, modules.tar.gz, header.tar.gz. i try upload in root folder and run armbian-update,but not work. thanks b4
-
I couldn't find anything on the web, I looked everywhere. With the dd command I can of course create a complete image of the eMMC anywhere, even on a network path, but I can't find anything that allows me to do what the "nand-sata-install.sh" script does, which formats the eMMC and populates it with all the contents of the MicroSD, appropriately adapting some files needed for booting. It would be many useful to be able to do the exact opposite as well, i.e. clone eMMC to MicroSD, which would be useful to have a bootable backup with all the customizations performed on the eMMC, without having to go through the process of creating an image file. I tried modifying the …
-
I have an X96 Air (version with chip wifi RTL8822CS). I installed Amrbian (via flash to SD Card) and run some months, next I install Armbian from SD Card to eMMC and run next some months. But in a day, it bricked, nothing in screen. And I have to flash stock rom (X96AIR_Q100_20210126-1140.img) via USB Burning Tool. Then my X96 is survive again, I can use it as a TVBox. But I try to plug SD Card with many images/versions of Armbian and with/without press reset, it can not boot from SD Card, it still boots to Android TVBox GUI. I try to flash Amrbian to USB stick, try each of three usb ports, it's still impossible boot to Armbian. So how I have to do now ?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
So, im trying to fix the RTL8822CS from chewitt by myself now its work with kernel 6.0.15 yeah its looks ugly & messy, but its works If you want to try the driver just tell me....
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 5.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Is there an Android TV box that can successfully run Armbian? I got two boxes on the hopes that it would work but I failed in my efforts so far 1. X98: I found out that Linux kernel doesn't have the .dtb files for this box so it won't work for now. Maybe I can derive it from S905W but I haven't tried it yet. 2. X96-Air: I could run Armbian [1] on the SD card but when I tried to install it on the eMMC, it stopped booting altogether. Now it won't even boot with SD card inserted. Is there an Android box which supports 5GHz wifi that can definitely run Armbian? Thanks! [1]: I used a release from a person that uses Ar…
-
Hello, Since I'm less than a noob in linux, can anyone please help me with the commands that I need to execute the following instructions? Thanks in advance. Instructions: 1. Install the dtb file meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini-vfd.dtb.gz and boot your tx3 box with this file. (This assumes that you boot from SD/USB so that you don't risk bricking your box.) 2. Download the vfd code (module and daemon) tarball vfdd-20181209.tar.xz from a link at the bottom of the page http://www.rvq.fr/linux/tanix-vfd.php and unpack it someplace on your tx3 box. 3. Build the vfd module (natively): Install the *.deb package fr…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 5.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have installed latest armbian linux OS into amlogix x96 max+ (S905X3) device. (op-hub link here) Would like to run chromium browser and play youtube videos etc., but I see videos are lagging, experiencing slowness and mostly it got crashed. Here is the command I used to run. chromium-browser --disable-software-rasterizer --disable-gpu-driver-bug-workarounds --disable-gpu-driver-workarounds --disable-gpu-vsync --disable-features=UseOzonePlatform --disable-reading-from-canvas --enable-accelerated-2d-canvas --enable-accelerated-video-decode --enable-accelerated-mjpeg-decode --enable-features=VaapiVideoEncoder,VaapiVideoDecoder,CanvasOopR…
-
We are developing an open source TeamViewer alternative called HopToDesk, it is built for ARM and runs on RPI and may work on other ARM-based devices, we hope to find some help testing on Banana Pi or Android TV devices. If anyone could provide us some feedback or point us in the right direction, it would be great.
-
sir i installed "Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0_desktop.img" its working perfectly but i want to upgrade current version of 2022 version JEMMY please any one guide me to upgrade from terminal
-
i have the minix-neo-x8-h-plus running with armbian 21.02.0 bulsseye when i use the meson8-minix-neo-x8.dtb the machine is not booting when i use meson8m2-mxiii-plus.dtb the machine is running accept wifi and emmc. is there anybody with the correct dtb file for me
-
Hi, I am new to this site, so far I have not been able to find a newbie list of what type of hardware to start with. I do not have any device yet. I have been looking at the android tv boxes on amazon, and I want to start with a $30 box, to be able to load linux on it, and have a graphical interface (ie like a Gnome/KDE desktop view) and then be able to install a vnc server, so the device can be controlled remotely. I have two projects in mind: 1. a chromium based browser install, for viewing webpages and playing any videos embedded in those webpages. 2. later on, perhaps with different more robust hardware?, add the capacity to insta…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 10k views
- 1 follower
-
-
What is the latest image available for tv box? I run on my tv box pre compiled debian image bullseye with kernel 5.9 but I have problem with video decode on motioneye. Exist new image with best support for meson vpu/gpu?
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 11.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I want to virtualize Armbian images created for TV Box. Which computers allow me to do this? Laptop with snapdragon? Mac Mini M1 or M2 (Apple Silicon)? Any Raspberry model? And what virtualization apps to use: QEMU, VirtualBox, VMware, Parallels?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
@SteeMan i want to learn how to compile u-boot from source and use it like balbes did in his armbian boot directory.like how to build the u-boot.ext, boot.ini, aml_autoscript and soo on
-
Reputation Points
- 24 replies
- 24.9k views
-
-
HI There is Tivion B1100 Smart TV Box, HiSilicon Hi3716C (ARM Cortex A9), 1 ГГц, which Armbian image is suitable for this device and which one to specify dtb? Thanks
-
Hey all, trying to throw a Linux distro on an Android TV Box I found at Goodwill. Not too much info on what company makes it, what the specs are etc. -- it's unfortunately too old to connect to the Google Play Store at this point (running android Jellybean). The only markings on it are on the top of the case saying RBOX, but I have yet to find any other device like it on any site. It's a red and black square case, for what that's worth. I also haven't been able to boot to the BIOS/bootloader menu, even holding the reset button -- all that happens is the little Android mascot says its loading then after a few seconds it "dies" (red triangle-shaped …
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
今天是个好日子。 有没有人成功地将 Roku Premiere (3920X) 或 Roku Premiere (4620X) 或 Roku Premiere+ (3921X) 或 Roku Premiere+ (4630X) 或 Roku Ultra (4640X) 写入 armbian 或其他 Linux 系统? 碰巧我拥有与上述同一系列的电视板。请描述详细步骤。 任何答复表示赞赏。
-
Hello, I have updated my TX5 Plus Deluxe (4GB/64GB,1Gb Eth) to the latest official Android firmware (newton 20201224) and finally managed to start Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_buster_current_5.9.0.img from USB Flashdisk. I tested several DTB files for ethernet speed and working soundcard (aplay -l). Here are some results: 1. started with meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb recommended for Tanix TX3 (similar box). Result - NO SOUND, 100mb Ethernet 2. next - meson-sm1-sei610-x96maxplus.dtb I found here. Result is surprising - Gigabit ethernet WORKING, but no sound. This is good news because it's working with original Tanix bootloader (speed confirmed …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 6.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Greetings. I just entered this hobby tonight and read up some on amlogic boxes in these forums. Im trying to boot armbian to a A95xF3 air with the amlogic s905x3 chip off a SD card but hangs at error message "fail to map file in aml_autoscript". I guess I have the wrong dtb file configured in ext-linux, I have not tried all dtb files yet but now I have wasted so much time so I try to ask here if there is any easy way booting the amlogic s905x3 chip. There is a couple of youtube videos using files for Rk3399 from 2019 and perhaps they might work as Im not lucky with the last posted ubuntu 20.20 images ? I did read there is security issues with t…
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 15.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi , Thanks for developing armbian , i try very image of armbian but no success in boot . I Accidental found the image and it was booted successfully on x96mini but another image won't booted. why ? i use official armbian was not booted i use amlogic-s9xxx-armbian github repo was not booted. why top image wasn't boot but booted successfully on x96-mini ?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello community. I have a X88 Pro S Android TV Box using chip Rk3318 that I want to run Armbian (steps by @jock) However I haven’t found a way to reset my box. I looks like this box doesn’t have a reset button. If someone can help me to figure this out, I will really appreciate. Thanks Link of my device images https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ka_k2l8_9YrwiZhLnA5YYcR7HS1P6rpY/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i_hw9qYigArmG6J46lNyYLI557hWjMtY/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QG_VKF4hDO2xSjjKKwy3bJMuBcDcFpc6/view?usp=sharing
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 12.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi I installed my HA system on an android box Amlogic S912 Octa core, with armbian, everything works fine until i restart the box. Box: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bqeel-Android-Bluetooth-Amlogic-Output/dp/B078MHCTWT After restarting the box I can no longer access the HA, but I can access the box with putty. For everything to work again, I have to delete docker, HA and re-install everything again, but as soon as I remove the power, I am again without access by brower. I think the problem is in some service that is not on startup, but I have no experience with linux and I don’t know how to solve this problem Can anyone…
-
Hi, I have X96+ with armian. I have issue with usb hdd (usb 3.0) on both usb ports (2.0/3.0).Disk have ext4 partition. During hisk work very often disk unmounting (i hear when thisk stoping). In effect the disk is mounted as read-only and of course it generates disk errors that are repairable with fsck. What could be the reason? A badly mounted drive or a sluggish, dying power supply? How I can diagnose this? Any ideas? I simply mounting disk in fstab LABEL=usb-hdd /media/usb-hdd ext4 defaults,rw 0 0
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello is there a chance to run manjaro arm server / desktop on tv box mxq pro 4k amilogic s905x? or how does the process of building such a system look like?
-
Hi. I'm trying to use Armbian 20.10 from Balbes and I'm thankfull to you for supporting it. But I have a problem. I have: 1. X88 pro X3 with u-boot-s905x2-s922 as u-boot.ext and meson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb choosen. 2. A95X F3 Air with u-boot-s905x2-s922 as u-boot.ext and meson-sm1-sei610.dtb Both of them work. I can connect to them with ssh. But I found that sometimes after reboot command both of them do not start again until I plug/unplug them. I made this little script: date >> ~/Files/reboots.txt /sbin/reboot I put it into a crontab. It executes it each 2 minutes. Both of devices rebooted well for 10-15 times when I tri…
-
Hello, I have an old Android TV Box (affectionately named RBOX) -- having trouble finding any specs or hardware information for it, and I'm trying to see if I can throw on a Linux distro to turn it into a micro-server (either via USB or SD Card). Has anyone ever seen one of these, know what kind of hardware is in it? (CPU, firmware, etc.?) Any reccomendations on which distro to use? I tried Bullseye Armbian to no avail.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Using openvfd and the recommended settings, the display on my box works for me, but I can always only see the exact time. How can I display my own content using openvfd?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi TV boxes hackers, We are thinking of re-purposing an existing Android TV box into a $30 personal cyber-security monitoring server for your home. Good or terrible idea? What caveats should we pay attention to? We will order directly from the manufacturer so we should be able to save some money (no need for a remote or an HDMI cable) and ensure they all use the same components. Giving the current chip shortage, it is though to reach a $30 price point without being creative... (we won't take any profit on the hardware) The project will be open source (no code yet). Current status: Armbian running on RK3318 -…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
G'Day, I have anold 10" Onix AT-101-1215 tablet that I bought from Aldi in 2016 and would like to tinker with it and attempt to install Linux on it. Is this possible? If so can anyone give me some guidance as how to best do this?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey Everbody, as the title suggests, im considering adding an external HDD enclosure to my S905x2 box running armbian to use it as a budget NAS. I was considering using Openmedia Vault + 4 Bays Raid 5 via USB 3.0. Is there anything in principle that would speak against this? Another question i have: would i need to use an external enclosure with a built in raid controller or can i use any external enclosure and setup the raid via software control (in armbian)?? Also i am not sure if i should go for a cheaper non-brand or maybe something like a QNAP TR-004 that i could (re)use with a real qnap NAS at some point in the future. Anybody here who has…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have trouble with Open Hour Android TV Chameleon previously I was going to change to armbian and it didn't work and I also tried burning with firmware T032_AP6330_public_20140915.img to 8 Giga MMC contained in the package for what I'm facing now, is there a solution,.. pls help i want to use Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_bullseye_current_5.9.0.img for this tool,,,
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey everyone, don't tear me up too much, but its been maybe 25 years since I have dabbled with any *nix type environment. Recently tinkering around, I installed Armbian on my TX3 Mini Android box. No complaints, feels like I am getting back into the swing of things again. But for some reason, I cannot figure out how to turn off the screen saver / maybe power managent IE: Black screen. It goes black after 10 minutes or so and I just wanted to keep it on. Spent a few days trying things on and off from suggestions I found online, but nothing seems to work. FYI I dont have xscreensaver installed either. Thanks!
-
Hi there! I have a Mecool M8S Pro L box with Amlogic S912 3/32GB and 100Mbit ethernet. I am running the current bullseye and focal image from microsd without any problems. But i am not able to do anything with the internal EMMC, fdisk, ddbr and anything else giving an Input/Output error and i am not able to install the image into the internal emmc (this is my goal) I tried every gxm* dtb file but none of them making any difference (only some of them are not booting into the linux os, but none can access the internal emmc) could anyone give me a hint what to do or does anyone know whats wrong and what to do to get it working? …
-
Hello Armbian'ers, I'm a veteran Debian user and occasional system administrator, but - have zero experience with TV set-top boxes / media streamers. I now find myself in a position of needing one: In a rental apartment, I have a wall-mounted TV with HDMI in but an old, custom, non-upgradable vendor-specific OS and no network connectivity. To be honest - I don't particularly need my box to be ARM-based, nor do I need my OS distribution to be Debian. I mean, that would be the nicest, since my desktop is Devuan Chimaera (~= Debian 11), but I would definitely settle on any reasonable Linux distro. Anyway, my questions: 1. How c…
-
We are currently at a breaking point where cheap Android TV boxes become powerful enough and viable enough to do the following while running Linux: 1. Be a server: self-hosting data, fediverse, home NAS 2. Be a TV box: 1. web browser, 2. other multimedia options, 3. games 3. Be a makeshift PC replacement (run office applications, photo editing, etc) Concerning #1: If you have followed the news then you have witnessed that censorship is increasing and that the nature of it is most alarming. Over the next years, big tech and politics-driven manipulation of online information will only get worse, until the internet essentially devolves int…
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 14k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I just installed Armbian on my Android TV Box. When it booted up, it asked me to enter the root password. My issue is that none of my keyboards were recognized and I wasn't able to type the password in. Does anyone know how I can resolve this?
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
https://dosya.co/irtohgogh4hh/Screenshot_20210917-153104.png.html Always waiting at red and blue lights. Nothing moves. The device does not turn on. How can I animate this device? Which path should we follow? Please help. how can i restore the device Can you help me please :((( I don't know much, I'm new I'm joining you for the first time
-
Hello everyone, I would like to build an updated Armbian image for balbes150's arm-64 implementation. Image family found here: https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/arm-64/ I have started some work on my personal armbian branch here: https://github.com/SLAzurin/build-armbian-custom/tree/arm64tv Currently, I'm not sure about my progress, there were times I was able to build an image, but the machine wouldn't boot successfully. (using xdarklight's kernel files https://github.com/xdarklight/linux/tree/meson-mx-integration-5.14-20210718) At most, it would boot into u-boot, and then hang after trying to start the Linux kernel. When I try using balbes1…
-
https://dosya.co/irtohgogh4hh/Screenshot_20210917-153104.png.html Hep kırmızı ışıkta beklemek. Hiçbir şey hareket etmiyor. Cihaz açılmıyor. cihazı nasıl geri yükleyebilirim Lütfen yardımcı olur musunuz :(((
-
HI All, Brand new user to Armbian, and fairly new user to linux here! running Debian bullseye desktop version, downloaded and install about a week ago.... First off, loving what Armbian has done to my old S912 box, thanks very much for this fantastic image! i have been able to get it all set mostly the way i would want and have set up a nextpvr back-end server that is working very well feeding other 'kodi' boxes dotted around the house. on to my issue, hopefully it is something easy to address, i have set up openvpn using the network manager gui, and it connects just fine, and 'tun0' shows as connected, however, no traffic a…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everbody, last week I bought a TV-Box X96mini 2 GB / 16 GB. After reading the FAQ (thx @SteeMan), it was easy to set up this little box with the image provided by balbes150. (thx @balbes150) Most of the hardware is working fine, with the meson-gxl-s095x-p212.dtb, which is found on /boot/dtb/amlogic. There is a problem with the lirc support, but using triggerhappy will do the job. Thx @Alexey Woronov, https://forum.armbian.com/topic/11161-lirc-on-armbian-buster/?tab=comments#comment-83995 Another little problem is audio. Basically sound works, but volume from the audio jack is much too low. Only when I'm turning the volume to the max, I'm able to hear something.…
-
http://www.cloudnetgo.com/productinfo/138177.html Which of the supported boards can this device be compatible with? Can any of the supported configurations be used to build a kernel for this device ?
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 6.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all! And no by an old arm box I don't mean a box full of proshetic limbs! :-) . I'm referring to this device: http://rikomagic.co.uk/linux_mini_pcs.html https://www.cnx-software.com/2014/09/25/rikomagic-announces-mk902ii-le-ubuntu-mini-pc-powered-by-rockchip-rk3288-soc/ The device was badged as a "RKM Mk902II" and claims to have a rk3288. Dug it out today (it has sat unused and untouched for quite a while). Found that its plsatic box which has that strange gunk that is applied to to the box to make it look "shiny" has started to break down so it has become sticky. Anyway since I am clearing things out …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Looks like an interrupt was encountered during startup.This is the TTL startup log. reading u-boot.ext 650183 bytes read in 376 ms (1.6 MiB/s) ## Starting application at 0x01000000 ... [BL31]: tee size: 0 [BL31]: tee size: 0 [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [0x410fd034] [ 0.000000] Linux version 5.9.0-arm-64 (root@vbox) (aarch64-none-linux-gnu-gcc (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 9.2-2019.12 (arm-9.10)) 9.2.1 20191025, GNU ld (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 9.2-2019.12 (arm-9.10)) 2.33.1.20191209) #20.10 SMP PREEMPT Wed Oct 14 12:04:42 MSK 2020 [ 0.000000] Machine model: Amlogic Meson GXL …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 13.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I figured I’d start a generic chat for this as I’m sure I’m not the only one who wants to know other peoples experiences on this. I’ve bought and run armbian on a number of boxes (x96, Trongle, a95x) and always run into the same problem, WiFi. I know I am not the only one and I know the reasoning behind it (too many chips to support) But… Has anyone got a build working with WiFi support? Ideally on a board less than $50? Amlogic, Rockchip, anything? I’ve never failed to get other aspects working, except WiFi (and Bluetooth) I know it must be possible, Android builds never seem to fail with WiFi support. …
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 5.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
CloudnetGo CR19 (http://www.cloudnetgo.com/productinfo/138177.html) Has anyone dealt with this device? Is it possible to install Armbian on it? Which of the supported boards can this device be compatible with? Can any of the supported build configurations be used for this device? Or is it possible to install any of the prebuilt assemblies?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Short Story , dead TV box...no Leds,Lights,output...nothing...but serial console works Any idea of what is wrong =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= PuTTY log 2020.10.06 13:20:30 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= SM1:BL:511f6b:81ca2f;FEAT:A0F83180:20282000;POC:F;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;0.0;CHK:0; bl2_stage_init 0x01 bl2_stage_init 0x81 hw id: 0x0001 - pwm id 0x00 bl2_stage_init 0xc0 bl2_stage_init 0x02 L0:00000000 L1:00000703 L2:00008067 L3:15000020 S1:00000000 B2:20282000 B1:a0f83180 TE: 135603 BL2 Built : 14:57:11, Sep 1 2020. g12a g3c95fed - gongwei.chen@droid11-sz Board ID = 1 Set cpu clk to 24M Set clk81 to 24M Use GP1_pll as DSU cl…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 8.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am playing with X96 Max+ and it always stops at u-boot if its uart port is not connected . It is said that there is interference from uart port thus u-boot thinks it has received commands. Is that true ?
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 6.3k views
-
-
Hello everyone, I am not having any luck with the wifi on the H96 Max X3. I see posts saying the wifi on this box work with meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb / meson-sm1-H96max-X3.dtb or h96max-x2-test-bus80-gpu-volt.dtb but they are not working for me. I did put the BCM4335C0.hcd in /lib/firmware/brcm and the driver apparently loaded. Everything else seems to be working ok. A few posts mentioned it works with kernel 5.6rc1 and 5.7 but I couldn't find those images. I tried all the images Mr. Balbes have on https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/arm-64/ and I also tried installing the headers. It works fine with Emulec and Android…
-
Hi all, I'm trying to compile open vfd driver for my tx3 mini tv box. It's running Armbian buster with kernel version 5.9.0. Here is what I've done so far. sudo make ARCH=arm64 -C "/usr/src/linux-headers-5.9.0-arm-64" M="/home/dale/linux_openvfd/driver" make: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-5.9.0-arm-64' AR /home/dale/linux_openvfd/driver/built-in.a CC [M] /home/dale/linux_openvfd/driver/protocols/i2c_sw.o CC [M] /home/dale/linux_openvfd/driver/protocols/i2c_hw.o CC [M] /home/dale/linux_openvfd/driver/protocols/spi_sw.o CC [M] /home/dale/linux_openvfd/driver/controllers/dummy.o CC [M] /home/dale/l…
-
Hi guys, thanks in advance for helping. I flashed a usb (32G Lexar) with the image Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_buster_current_5.9.0.img.xz Next I booted up via the "Update&Backup" on a T95K Pro based on Amlogic S912 with 16G of internal storage and 2G of ram. After apt-get update and apt-get upgrade I decided to move Armbian from the USB to the internal storage (emmc) So I ran the file "install-aml.sh" getting this output: Start script create MBR and filesystem /dev/mmcblk0 Start backup u-boot default 4+0 records in 4+0 records out 4194304 bytes (4.2 MB, 4.0 MiB) copied, 4.45454 s, 942 kB/s Start create MBR and partittion Start rest…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 7.1k views
-
-
Hello, everyone need a little bit of support if anyone can help me? So a couple of weeks back i picked up a retro gaming box filled with emulators, roms etc. After a little digging to add emulators, mess with themes, change settings and stuff i find out the box it's self is just a mix of libreelec, emulationstation, kodi with a few modifications, skins added. So i decided to see if the box can run Linux (if it could i could easily get retropie for Linux running on it) which it can and after a little googling and watching a video by the MXQ Project to get Armbian (Lepotato) running on the box (using the tooth pick method) i followed the steps to ge…