Orange Pi 5 Plus
163 topics in this forum
-
After upgrading to kernel 6.10.1-edge-rockchip-rk3588 I started getting: fdee0000.hdmi_receiver: hdmirx_wait_lock_and_get_timing: HDMI pull out, return on the console. This repeats constantly and quite rapidly, and just doesn't stop. I can silence it by plugging a monitor into HDMI port, but... I prefer to run my board headless (serial + net). Does anybody know any other way to get rid of this? This "feature" was absent with the -rc7 kernel.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
I bought a wifi dongle (for 3 pounds on ebay!) having a realtek chip 8821cu. There were some disconnects from time to time, and I was unable to find out why from the logs. Few days ago I installed and recompiled the realtek drivers from https://github.com/lwfinger/rtw88, got some new modules, replaced the modules in the directory /lib/modules/6.1.43-vendor-rk35xx/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtw88 Since then, I have no more disconnect. This may helps someone maybe.
-
Hi there, I've been trying to enable g_ether and USB OTG on my Orange PI 5+. I've tried things like editing /boot/orangepiEnv.txt and adding module-load dwc2,g_ether. However, I don't get any usb0 interface pop up which indicates to me that the USB/OTG mode is not set to peripheral on the settings. I'm not sure how to go about it? Would anyone be able to advise? I want to use the power port for also Ethernet.
-
RTL8852BE is the official recommended Wifi module for Orange Pie 5 PLUS, but it is not available in Armbian 24.5.1 Linux Vendor Kernel 6.1 without a driver module. Hope the official driver will be added to the 6.1 kernel. Thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 16.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello Is it possible to install Emby Server in Orange Pi5 plus? Regards Hugo
-
Hello everybody. I own a Orange Pi 5 Plus with Debian and 3 partitions: boot, root and storage (fat, ext4, ext4). Now I want to try Armbian but I don't want to overwrite the storage partition, so I shoudn't use dd to write the .img file. Ant tip to solve this situation? Thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am using Orange Pi 5 Plus with eMMC. I tried to install a program I need, but an error occurred saying that installation was not possible because SecureBoot was disabled on the system. So I need to enable SecureBoot, how do I do that? Thank you.
-
Hi guys We're trying to run SPI with Linuxcnc. But sometimes SPI latency with other hardware (FPGA) gets big. The operating system is armbian and I could install a real-time kernel on it so I know it shouldn't be real-time issue with kernel. We've noticed that it might be the spidev driver issue that is not real-time. And now we're gonna communicate with low-level SPI. Bit I dont know how? can any one please help me?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear Armbian Community, I hope this message finds you well. I am encountering an issue with PWM on my Orange PI 5 Plus running Armbian. Despite my attempts, I am unable to utilize PWM via GPIO pins. Upon navigating to /sys/class/pwm, I can only see the pin designated for controlling the fan. The PWM pins on the GPIO are not visible. I have successfully controlled GPIO pins using WiringPi and Go Lang Periph libraries; however, when attempting to use PWM via GPIO, I encounter the following error: I have also checked the “hardware setup” screen in armbian-config, where I can see two hardware components listed, but PWMs are not among them. …
-
When connected to some PC monitors, the image is larger than the physical screen: about 20 pixels at the top and bottom sides, and 50 pixels at the right and left sides are missing. This happens as soon as the board boots (without logo), the start of lines are truncated, and this also happens on text ttys (Ctrl + Alt + F1..6). I guess it's about a boot env variable, but I could not find it.
-
Hello everyone I was trying to look for information in the forum but I can't find any topic where this specific issue is discussed. I also looked for help in the omv forum and they told me it was a problem with the distribution, hopefully you can help me. My system running Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_vendor_6.1.43_minimal Install OMV, omv extras, i try to configure the compose folders and i get the 500 internal server error, clear cache, update and reboot system but there is no change, a moderator asked me for the log by executing the following command "Your error output is incomplete. What is the output of: sudo omv-salt …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I must be doing something stupid. After having switched the branch "Multimedia" as M, no module are generated at all and I end up with error like: 🔨] ERROR: modpost: "dma_contiguous_default_area" [drivers/media/common/videobuf2/videobuf2-cma-sg.ko] undefined! [🔨] ERROR: modpost: "cma_release" [drivers/media/common/videobuf2/videobuf2-cma-sg.ko] undefined! [🔨] ERROR: modpost: "cma_alloc" [drivers/media/common/videobuf2/videobuf2-cma-sg.ko] undefined! Reading documentation to buld armbian, it only mention docker. I have been (last year) generating kernel on the machine itself (the orange pi 5 plus), this is not supported? thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 21 replies
- 12k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all I hava an orange pi 5 plus with a 512GO NVME SSD. I have installed the latest version od Armbian to a SD card it work well, but for speed reason i would like to install the OS to th SSD drive and boot from this device and no longer from the SD card. Is there a way to do this ? i mean from u-boot point of view? i can keep a SD card inside it to store u boot but i would like to move usr var and such to SSD Thanks in advance for your answers comment or ideas W.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I installed latest vendor image and because of the wifi issues I switched to the edge kernel. I messed up my fstab, couldn't connect with ssh, so I plugged it to my monitor and a keyboard, but there was no video. Eventually, I fixed it by booting vendor image from my sd card, but I got curious. I know, that vendor image just works, so I flashed edge image to my sd card to see what's wrong. The monitor recognizes the presence of the board, but it's just a black screen. I can ssh to the board, so the image definitely booted, but there's just no video. Here's the log from my original installation. I kept 6.8 kernel because the video is not important to me.
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 5.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
After looking at this message from @Seb042 I thought it would be better to open a new topic to discuss this. From what I saw from my install: $ dmesg ... [ 6.166453] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: api flags index 2 larger than supported by driver [ 6.166480] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: TLV_FW_FSEQ_VERSION: FSEQ Version: 93.8.63.28 [ 6.167021] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: loaded firmware version 59.601f3a66.0 ty-a0-gf-a0-59.ucode op_mode iwlmvm [ 6.267334] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: Detected Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX210 160MHz, REV=0x420 [ 6.273748] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: reporting RF_KILL (radio disabled) [ 6.450150] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: WFPM_UMAC_PD_NOTIFIC…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 5.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I lost whole day yesterday to try boot with new images from Armbian download page - kernel 6.1 / kernel 6.8 bookworm/trixi and none boots... If I take Ubuntu or Debian image I have no problem to boot from. Do you have the same?
-
playing around with armbian-config after switiching to vendor kernel - missing "toogle hardware configuration" Left is on (previous legacy vendor) kernel with "24.5.1 and right is legacy kernel with "24.2.1"" Just curious if anyone know why that is? Perhaps I should have taken other steps when switching to vendor kernel(I have rebooted and confirmed it is running vendor kernel prior to screenshot)
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
Can you help me with the contents of the file name? I understand edge, vendor, but then there are other suffixes that are not clear to me: are gnome-oibaf_desktop the same "kernel release" as the xfce_desktop or minimal? Or there are patches that are applied only to a specific version? Thanks!
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Hello! Can anyone comment whether PCIE Passthrough is even theoretically possible on an Orange Pi 5+? Or should I just cease and desist? #1) The hardware seems to be there #2) IOMMU seems to be working at least for platform/PHP devices #3) VFIO looks to be on #4) no cigar The missing piece looks to be MMU600_PCIE support, as non-platform devices don't seem to be getting assigned iommu groups? --- #1 "There are two MMU600 instances in RK3588, MMU600_PCIE and MMU600_PHP respectively " https://github.com/FanX-Tek/rk3588-TRM-and-Datasheet/blob/master/Rockchip RK3588 TRM V1.0-Part1-20220309.pdf #2 root@oppa:~…
-
I have some problem starting Linux image with my OPi 5+. I just got an OPi 5+ 16Gb RAM no eMMC. I flashed official Android image into SD card with SDDiskTool following the instruction in wiki. It worked. Then I do the "Data Reset" in Android Settings. The board doesn't boot anymore. I re-flashed Android into the SD, and it worked again. Then, I want to try Linux. I flashed Joshua Riek ubuntu-22.04.3-preinstalled-desktop-arm64-orangepi-5-plus.img.xz into the same SD with balenaEtcher. It doesn't boot. I tried again with Armbian_24.2.1_Orangepi5_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_gnome-amazingfated_desktop.img.xz and official Ubuntu image as well. None of them ma…
-
Orange Pi 5 plus. It seems that in the 'edge' kernels, ssh is disabled by default. Since HDMI doesn't function this is a problem. I used the debugging UART and after setup I got the message "ssh.service is disabled" I enabled the service and all is well. Any reason why ssh would be disabled?
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 9.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I purchased the wifi + bt module. It is RTL8852BE. my armbian: Linux orangepi5-plus 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx #1 SMP Fri Feb 2 07:51:33 UTC 2024 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux My Bluetooth never works. It cannot be listed under hciconfig: vnc@orangepi5-plus:~$ hciconfig -a vnc@orangepi5-plus:~$ rfkill ID TYPE DEVICE SOFT HARD 0 bluetooth bt_default blocked unblocked 1 wlan phy0 unblocked unblocked vnc@orangepi5-plus:/$ sudo cat /var/log/dmesg | grep "\(luetooth\|RFKILL\)" [sudo] password for vnc: [ 4.299662] kernel: Bluetooth: Core ver 2.22 [ 4.299678] kernel: Bluetooth: HCI device and connection …
-
Hey everyone. New to Armbian and Orange Pi, but no stranger to everything I ever try do do being a major hassle! So here's the deal. Installed Armbian jammy 5.1 for orange pi plus. Working nicely. Except some of you might remember me from earlier today when I was struggling to get my ax210ngw working correctly (thanks by the way. Fixed that)! So I follow the process to switch from SD card to my Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme. Bit of confusion getting it to show as an option in armbian-install, but I got it. Formatted in ext4 with a partition via gparted--now every time I try to run the install script, no matter which option I choose, it either freezes or…
-
EDIT: I am using the Armbian 23.5.5 Orange Pi 5 Plus Jammy Legacy 5.10.160 Gnome Desktop image Let me preface this with I am a Linux noob and this is one step below black magic voodoo to me. For some reason my Orange Pi 5 Plus USB 3.0 ports are no longer functioning. I setup my OPi at my testing station and everything was working fine (except I couldn't get my WiFi dongle to work but that's a different post) After I turned off my Orange Pi 5 Plus, disconnected it and set it back up where it was going to be staged now the USB 3.0 ports no longer function. Putting in the "lsusb" command shows all my ports, including the non-f…
-
Hi all, I'm using a UEFI based edge ubuntu 24.04 image which reported a kernel stack trace (system still seems functional and no ongoing issue/messages) - [ 22.382942] rcu: INFO: rcu_sched detected expedited stalls on CPUs/tasks: { 5-.... } 6 jiffies s: 381 root: 0x20/. [ 22.382966] rcu: blocking rcu_node structures (internal RCU debug): [ 22.382972] Sending NMI from CPU 7 to CPUs 5: [ 22.382983] NMI backtrace for cpu 5 [ 22.382995] CPU: 5 PID: 92 Comm: kworker/u16:2 Tainted: G W 6.8.5-edge-arm64 #2 [ 22.383004] Hardware name: Orange Pi Orange Pi 5 Plus/Orange Pi 5 Plus, BIOS v0.9.1 10/12/2023 [ 22.383009] Workqueue: writeb…
-
Hello everyone, and Happy New Year. One question about Orange Pi 5 Plus: i have installed a wifi module (supported than what the official Orange documentation reports) AX210NGW in my Orange Pi 5 Plus main board with Operating System: Armbian 23.11.1 bookworm and Kernel: Linux 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx. I copied in /lib/firmware the firmware of the module (https://intel.ly/3S0QZrA). if from the terminal I run: lspci I see the device but in "Armbian-config" in hardware section don't see the wifi module, and I can't activate the module to surf the Internet or the local network in wifi. The question is: am I forgetting any steps to setup the wifi module cor…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 10.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've found information on how to use your own IR remote controller from this site: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=44671 In short: 1. Enable logging from the IR kernel module, enter in a terminal: sudo -i echo 1 > /sys/module/rockchip_pwm_remotectl/parameters/code_print dmesg -w 2. Check if your remote is supported by pressing the keys on your remote. It should give you info like: [ 3485.342354] USERCODE=0xfb04 [ 3485.369309] RMC_GETDATA=fd 3. Download the overlay file below and edit the usercode and the code for each key. So for like with the key above it'll be 0xfd 4. Place the header f…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 4.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all! I have a problem with Armbian images on kernel 5.10.160 (jammy & bookworm Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_***_5.10.160.img) When starting from the SD card the nvme device is not visible root@orangepi5-plus:~# lsblk NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTS mtdblock0 31:0 0 16M 0 disk mmcblk1 179:0 0 58G 0 disk ├─mmcblk1p1 179:1 0 256M 0 part /boot └─mmcblk1p2 179:2 0 57.1G 0 part /var/log.hdd / mmcblk0 179:32 0 233G 0 disk mmcblk0boot0 179:64 0 4M 1 disk mmcblk0boot1 179:96 0 4M 1 disk zram0 254:0 0 7.7G 0 disk [SWAP] zram1 254:1 …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I was just trying to test locally build image with edge kernel (Armbian_23.11.0-trunk_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_edge_6.6.0-rc1.img) by flashing it on SD card and then trying to boot off it in my Orange Pi 5+. The board just sits there with the LED blinking and that's it. The legacy kernel image (Armbian_23.11.0-trunk_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_legacy_5.10.160.img) boots fine. Do I have to carry out some extra step(s) to test the edge kernel? It's not a show-stopper for me as I have legacy image booting of EMMC nicely (and I am running jellyfin in docker happily there). It's just I thought I might test out some bleeding-edge s…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
Hello, I am using Armbian 23.8.2 Jammy for Orange Pi 5 PLus and it cannot diplay 4K via HDMI. How to enable/switch this on?
-
I built armbian using the branch 23.11 with legacy-kernel 5.10.160 for use as a Nextcloud server. Version: Armbian-unofficial 23.11.0-trunk Bullseye \l . 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx After running sudo apt upgrade there were a few packages which were being upgraded successfully from 23.11.0-trunk to 23.11.1. Unfortunately the package armbian-bsp-cli-orangepi5-plus-legacy cannot be upgraded to 23.11.1 due to the base-files still being on 23.11.0-trunk. The system is running fine though. $ sudo apt update && sudo apt list --upgradable Hit:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye InRelease Hit:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates InRe…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
I just installed with the latest KDE image, but I'm able to reproduce this with any of the images available. After going through the initial configuration, wifi works great. I updated apt and upgraded everything. Then I installed the armbian-firmware-full package. After rebooting wifi still works. Then I setup Bluetooth for my mouse and keyboard. They work correctly. After rebooting I no longer see any networks to connect to for wifi. If I disable Bluetooth and reboot wifi works again and so does Bluetooth. Is this an issue of daemons or drivers loading in the wrong order?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I just installed with the latest KDE image, but I'm able to reproduce this with any of the images available. After going through the initial configuration, wifi works great. I updated apt and upgraded everything. Then I installed the armbian-firmware-full package. After rebooting wifi still works. Then I setup Bluetooth for my mouse and keyboard. They work correctly. After rebooting I no longer see any networks to connect to for wifi. If I disable Bluetooth and reboot wifi works again and so does Bluetooth. Is this an issue of daemons or drivers loading in the wrong order?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'd like to congratulate you for a great release (24.2.1) with KDE! I was looking for a guide to install KDE in a minimum version, but I could not trim it down enough, and this release solved my issues. Everything is working smoothly, video acceleration is there, Wi-Fi (AX210) is there, bluetooth is there! A real pleasure to use. Best, team!
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I went to see if there were any updates to the OPi5+ images and saw the OPi5 had updates. I clicked on the link on the main download page. https://www.armbian.com/orangepi-5/ https://redirect.armbian.com/orangepi5-plus/archive/ I've come back and now it has desktop images but no server images.
-
Hi, I've been running Armbian legacy server on my 5+ for a month now. I had trouble initially with my EMMC not booting, but I discovered, I had to wipe the SPI Nor then using Armbian config to flash it, then write to EMMC. When a new version of Armbian comes out for the 5+ and it may be a 6.8 kernel build, will I need to re-flash the SPI before I can install the newer version of Armbian (or another image from that's not Armbian?) before updating the EMMC. I found the steps on the Radxa site insightful for a general overview of SPI Nor and flashing (I understand it not an OPi5 x board), but it's not clear to me if a different OS will ne…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
I want to share some information about an issue that I see on my OPi5+. Since I got it I am messing around with it and everything works great so far with the edge 6.7 kernel. One thing I noticed though was, that right after installation with nothing connected and when idle, there was one kernel process that was constantly consuming around 10% CPU time and the load stays at 1. The process was irq/136-hym8563. The number varies of course after each boot. Kernel driver is rtc_hym8563. Since it is build into the kernel I was not able to unload it as a first test. Side node, the issue is not seen on the Rock5b, so it seems OPi5+ hardware specific. Even if bot…
-
I've got Orange Pi 5 Plus board with 16 Gb of RAM, 256 Gb of eMMC, Realtek RTL8852BE-CG wireless module. SD card is Samsung EVO Plus 32Gb. I tried to run Armbian images on this board (from the SD-card I've mentioned before) but it was absolutely failed. I tried 5 images: Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_gnome-amazingfated_desktop.img.xz Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_legacy_5.10.160.img.xz Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_gnome-amazingfated_desktop.img.xz Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_edge_6.7.0-rc1.img.xz Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_jammy_edge_6.7.0-rc1.img.xz which…
-
Reputation Points
- 27 replies
- 20.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi gals & guys, Came over to this forum from the OPI forums which seem.. rather low on real-user activity. I am quite new to the SBC Arm64 platform and have many questions. I am an experienced sysadmin on x86/amd64 and still figuring out the differences. I bought a Orange Pi 5 Plus 32G of RAM and i am running of the 256G emmc. I am able to run different OS's (OPI-Ubuntu, OPI-debian, plain Ubuntu and Armbian). As i intend to use the board as server i didn't look into Android and the like.. My plan is running (OMV) from the emmc and attaching ZFS storage by means of a nvme-to-sata adapter and providing iscsi storage from there to my home-lab with my VM's …
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 15.4k views
-
-
Hmm, seems i need someone holding my hand all steps of the way 😇. Soon i'll need to pay some.. 🥰 I got my OPI5plus working from emmc with nvme-to-sata adapter on edge kernel and now i have 5 HDDs and 1 SSD connected to it. Intended for ZFS with cache... But : ZFS module won't build. I installed linux-headers and tried # apt install zfsutils-linux zfs-dkms. --- Setting up zfs-dkms (2.1.9-2ubuntu1) ... Loading new zfs-2.1.9 DKMS files... Building for 6.7.0-rc1-edge-rockchip-rk3588 Building initial module for 6.7.0-rc1-edge-rockchip-rk3588 configure: error: *** None of the expected "bops->release()" interfaces were detected. …
-
Installed: Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_edge_6.7.0-rc1 The analog device is visible, but there's no sound from the headphone jack. The hdmi device is not visible. aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: Analog [Analog], device 0: fe470000.i2s-es8328-hifi-analog es8328-hifi-analog-0 [fe470000.i2s-es8328-hifi-analog es8328-hifi-analog-0] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 There is no sound when I play a test file: aplay -D hw:0,0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Mono apl…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
When executing a command - sudo opt upgrade - returns an error: Setting up linux-image-legacy-rk35xx (23.11.1) ... Armbian 'linux-image-legacy-rk35xx' for '5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx': 'postinst' sta rting. * dkms: running auto installation service for kernel 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx [ OK ] update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8125a-3.fw for module r816 9 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8107e-2.fw for module r816 9 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. The official adapter does not work for my orange pi 5 plus. https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005005956334270.html?spm=a2g2w.orderdetail.0.0.4e224aa6r3APff&sku_id=12000035019805399 The problem is this. Wi-Fi works, you turn on bluetooth, bluetooth doesn’t work initially. After turning on bluetooth, Wi-Fi does not work and bluetooth does not work either. Realtek RTL8852BE-CG BE CPU work in all officials builds. Help me please
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 11.3k views
- 3 followers
-
-
New OPI5+, unable to finish install because ethernet doesn't work. I haven't been able to figure it out and my searches turned up nothing. journalctl has the following messages: - hpptx phy lane locked! - rk_gmac-dwmac fe1c0000.ethernet error: no phy at addr -1 - stmmac_open: cannot attach to phy (error -19) I've checked power supply, cables, edited the interfaces file, and more , with no success. I have an Orange Pi 5 that I can swap as is in its place and everything works. Coupled with the fact that I couldn't find mention of the errors, I'm hoping that someone can help me before I give up and return the OPI5…
-
Reputation Points
- 19 replies
- 10.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I've had my 5+ for a week now and tinker with it when I can. Some things I've noticed... Using Amrbian legacy 5.10 legacy.... the system draws about 2.2w idle using a USB meter and no peripherals attached. When using the trying the latest 24.2.0-trunk.79, the power draw increases to 3w idle. I also noted the LED flickers between green and red rather than blue and red with legacy. My guess is more peripherals are being enabled. When using legacy, the first time i run an apt-get update there are 39 'gets'. When I then added a launchpad ppa and run again I only get 6. Not sure why that is. I cannot get…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 6.2k views
-
-
Hi, I'm pretty new to this forum may be I will ask some already answered questions, but here they are: I just had a new orangepi 5 plus card and I failed to use the "buses": - I2s: didn't find anywhere how to activate it (i'm trying a dac as a soundcard). Didn't find the hifiberry-dac overlay neither (ok maybe this one is just for raspberry). - spi: I plugged a simple mcp3008 to the spi pins but can't read anything on it (i have the /dev/spidev0.0/1 and /dev/spiddev4.0/1 devices). I think I respected the rights pins. - i2c: when I activate the overlays in armbianEnv.txt, I can see a lot of messages every seconds with dmesg about rk-hdmi. Ma…
-
I've noticed a funny thing on 23.11.0-trunk.244, trixie edge. If I use netplan to change the names of the network interfaces, they disappear on the next reboot - linux no longer detects them at all. dmesg will show: ``` rockchip-dw-pcie a40c00000.pcie: Phy link never came up rockchip-dw-pcie a41000000.pcie: Phy link never came up ``` The interfaces will disappear from lspci. Any hint on what's causing this?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone! I have recently bought an Orange Pi 5 Plus (16 GB RAM) and installed Armbian (the Pi Plus version). Then I enabled GPU hardware acceleration, as suggested on the Armbian download page, which then updated chromium and other things to the rkmpp versions. Now, if I start chromium under Wayland (tried Sway, Gnome, and KDE), the hardware acceleration works nicely, so I get good FPS on e.g. WebGL aquarium, and similar things. However, the antialiasing of some items on the screen does not seem to be working. Antialiasing in WebGL seems off as well. You can see an example in the attached screenshot. Here's what I have tried so far: Before installing GP…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. I'm sure this has been discussed a lot but I couldn't find anything recent. I just got my Orange Pi 5 Plus and I installed Armbian 23.8 Bookworm CLI on it. It is really fast and I love it so far. I see that it is unclear whether we have some kind of working vulkan drivers or not but I just installed the mesa-vulkan-drivers package and the vulkaninfo command is actually returning output so does that mean that we have vulkan drivers that work for the G610? Thanks in advance
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Every time I stop and then start Chromium, do a search on google, or on youtube, there seems to be a deletion of the cookies, and it asks consent again, login again .... I found lots of possible solutions on internet about that issue, but none work for me! I wonder what this is due to, any ideas?
-
I am trying to compile a new kernel in order to support some satellite receiver tuner (from TBS). I did that successfully (In February 2023) on Orange Pi 5 with Linux kernel 5.10.110, but I am struggling doing it with Orange PI 5 Plus with Linux 5.10.160 (jammy). Basically I would like to turn as Modules lots of CONFIG_VIDEOBUF2_*, in order to replace the modules with the ones compiled separately (that I know are working fine with my TBS USD card). These are my issues: - I do not manage to set separately those CONFIG_VIDEOBUF2_* through the menu config. - Thus I tried to set the whole "multimedia support" as a module and go…
-
Hi, newbie here again.... I recently switched to Armbian from Orange Pi Ubuntu. I am running Armbian 23.8.1 Jammy with Linux 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx My issue is a noticeable slowdown in NVME performance. I now get 522.35 MB/sec (as per hdparm test), but before on orange pi ubuntu it was around 1900 MB/s . FYI...Armbian is installed on and booting from the NVME. everything else seems to work perfect and I don't get smartctl errors. Please advise - Crucial P3 4TB PCIe M.2 2280 SSD NVMe (PCIe Gen 3 x4) - Have all the latest updates /dev/nvme0n1: Timing cached reads: 7988 MB in 2.0…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 13.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Armbian 23.08.0-trunk Bookworm with Linux 5.10.160-rk35xx root@orangepi5-plus:~# gpio -v gpio version: 2.46 Copyright (c) 2012-2018 Gordon Henderson This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. For details type: gpio -warranty * Device tree is enabled. *--> Orange Pi 5 Plus root@orangepi5-plus:~# gpio readall wiringPiSetup: mmap (GPIO) failed: Operation not permitted
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Please advise (see low/high values): nvme-pci-0100 Adapter: PCI adapter Sensor 1: +31.9°C (low = -273.1°C, high = +65261.8°C) Sensor 2: +39.9°C (low = -273.1°C, high = +65261.8°C) Sensor 8: +31.9°C (low = -273.1°C, high = +65261.8°C)
-
I received my new orange pi 5 plus. I installed the official Orange PI 5 Plus Ubuntu on a SD card and it worked great. Then I installed the "Armbian_23.8.1_Orangepi5-plus_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_gnome_desktop" on SD card (Yes I took the image from the page with the "archive for orange Pi 5 plus"), and it get stuck on a screen displaying "Orange PI" (I do not see any armbian logo) , and nothing else happens (the blue light on the board does not blink). Why is that? How can I see what is happening? I installed in the past Armbian on an Orange Pi 5 with no issue, so I am really wondering what is going on there. Your view/ideas w…
-
Hi, my orange pi 5 plus cant boot armbian, its hang and screen goes flicker, im currently not been able to boot android images to (its hang and flicker to),, i cant boot armbian and android version.. but other linux is normally booting fine.. any advise?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Any guidance on getting the native 2-pin fan connector and control working with Armbian Jammy? e.g. using pwm-fan driver to control the fan. Thanks for any help, please be kind, I'm a newbie 🙂
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 6.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm running armbian 23.08 bookworm on an orange pi 5 plus. I'm trying to run VMs that boot with UEFI, but these are hanging. I suspect a bug in the vendor kernel (5.10.160-rk35xx), since this works fine on an AWS bare metal arm64 host. Example: ``` $ sudo apt install qemu-system qemu-efi-aarch64 ... $ cp /usr/share/AAVMF/AAVMF_VARS.fd ./aavmf_efivars.fd $ qemu-system-aarch64 \ -machine virt \ -cpu max \ -drive if=pflash,unit=0,format=raw,readonly=on,file=/usr/share/AAVMF/AAVMF_CODE.fd \ -drive file=aavmf_efivars.fd,format=raw,if=pflash -net none \ -nographic \ -enable-kvm …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Please, find below my current Armbian version in OPI5: Armbian_23.5.5_Orangepi5-plus_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_cinnamon_desktop I’m having a few issues with Orange pi 5 Plus. Wifi/Bluetooth issues: I bought this WIFI/Bluethooth model (RTL8852BE) ( Link ) Bluetooth: When I try finding a new dispositive does not find anyone. However, it’s working with Ubuntu. WIFI: I did not have any problem with SDcard but the NVME gave me wifi problems sometimes when I updated it with “apt upgrade”. Then, the wifi does not work and I have to reboot and switch off bluetooth to make the wifi work. I…
-
Hi folks, Ran into some issues with July 6 bookworm images for Orange Pi 5 Plus - it boots but there is no video or network. Orange Pi 5B has a note to change the dtb - one is also needed for the 5 Plus. It should be `fdtfile=rockchip/rk3588-orangepi-5-plus.dtb`. (I tried to search for related issues, but the rate limit is stopped me so I gave up.)
-
Hi I have been trying to install root file on btrfs using armbian-config from sd card to nvme The process completed successfully but cannot boot. (Note that I have also modified armbianEnv.txt from etx4 to btrfs) The same process works on ext4 Appreciate if someone can give some pointer to get this working
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
I will receive soon a Orange Pi 5 Plus. I have setup completely an Orange PI5 with Armbian. I had to recompile kernel, compile drivers ...... it took some time. If I run the Orange PI5 plus with the same SD card as the Orange Pi 5, would it work? If not, is there an easy thing to do to make it work? I think there is a device tree file hardware specific , but is it read when compiling the kernel or dynamically? I am asking because processors are very similar, and it would make my life easier! Your view will be appreciated. Thanks.
-
SoC Rockchip RK3588 (8nm LP process) CPU • 8-core 64-bit processor • 4 x Cortex-A76(2.4GHz), 4 x Cortex-A55(1.8GHz) and separate NEON co-processors GPU • Arm Mali-G610 • Built-in 3D GPU • Compatible with OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.2, OpenCL 2.2 and Vulkan 1.2 NPU Embedded NPU supports INT4/INT8/INT16/FP16 mixed operation, with up to 6Tops computing power PMU RK806-1 RAM 4GB/8GB/16GB (LPDDR4/4x) Memory • QSPI Nor FLASH: 16MB/32MB • MicroSD card slot: up to 128GB • eMMC socket: 16GB/32GB/64GB/128GB/256GB eMMC module can be attached • M.2 2280 slot for NVMe SSDs (PCIe 3.0 x4) up to 2,000 MB/s USB • USB3.0 × 2 • USB2.0 × 2 • Type-C ×1 Video • 2x HDMI …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 7.3k views
- 1 follower
-