Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Odroid N2/N2+

Download Armbian OS images: Provide logs:

 

Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu.

Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.

 

  1. Started by Viald,

    Hello, I have tested Armbian with SD card without issue. I'm wondering if it's possible to do the same using SSD. SSD is much more reliable and faster than SD card. I can do it with the Ubuntu release from Odroid using petitboot, but it seems that Armbian isn't compatible with petitboot. Thank you

  2. Started by NicoD,

    Hi all. I've recently received the Odroid N2+. Since nobody else started a topic about it, I'll be the one. All works fine with Armbian since not much hardware changes have been made vs the N2. Except for the CPU frequency. With the Odroid Ubuntu you can set it to 2.4Ghz for the big cores A73 as overclock (2208 stock)., and 2016Mhz for the A53 cores (1908 stock). With Armbian the max clocks are 2Ghz for all cores. Using Armbian Focal 4.9 legacy. I tried setting the higher values in config.ini. Also tried with the "meson64_odroidn2_plus.dtb" file from the Odroid Ubuntu. Doesn't boot with that. (What do I know ) Other changes are the RTC b…

  3. Hi, I am using the Odroid N2, and I have recently switched from the Hardkernel-supplied Ubuntu Mate, to an Armbian version with kernel 5. I was hoping to combine a homemade NAS using CPU accelerated LUKS-encrypted disks with a Kodi mediacenter, and the N2 seems to have excellent properties to do both. Installing these Armbian functions immediately fixed a few problems that Hardkernel's Ubuntu had (unstable BTRFS driver, and I also see no sign of the USB3 disconnect problems that Odroid used to have). However, this version has a problem to recognize audio hardware - in the GUI, I am unable to select HDMI audio or analog audio. - Fo…

  4. My current HC4-setup consists of 1 SSD and 1 HDD. The SSD contains the most recent Armbian-image (Buster-based) (https://redirect.armbian.com/odroidhc4/Buster_current). Long story short: it won't boot from SSD, and Google tells me it is because Armbian is not compatible with Petiboot. Armbian suggests the following solution: "Important: To be able to boot clean Armbian mainline based u-boot / kernel experiences, you need to remove incompatible Petitboot loader that is shipped with the board. From the Petitboot, go for “Exit to shell” and these commands to remove the Petitboot:" # flash_eraseall /dev/mtd0 # flash_eraseall /dev/mtd1 # flash_eraseall /de…

  5. Running a home NAS using Armbian/meson bullseye and openmediavault. After apt upgrade today, my SATA disks are no longer spinning up or showing up in "fdisk -l". The system is on an SD card and still boots fine. This is what I'm seeing: [ 2.270633] scsi host0: ahci [ 2.272861] scsi host1: ahci [ 2.273074] ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 abar m512@0xfc700000 port 0xfc700100 irq 27 [ 2.273090] ata2: SATA max UDMA/133 abar m512@0xfc700000 port 0xfc700180 irq 27 ... [ 2.584971] ata1: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300) [ 2.896948] ata2: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300) Both disks work fine in another system. I have tried to upg…

  6. Hi there, yesterday I tried to use nand install skript tool to move the content from my sd card on odroid n2 to emmc card for booting and using emmc card only. The process itself worked and the content of the sd cards was moved, but after unplugging sd card and plugging emmc card the boot process is not starting and nothing is shown on the hdmi monitor. I compared the /boot filesystems and both are identically. I checked the "armbianEnv.txt" file and it is ok for the new uuid of the emmc card. Everything seems to be identically but why is it not booting. Does someone have a hint what to check additionally what is maybe missing at beginning of the boot process.…

  7. Hi, in addition to this topic I would like to mention that the current Odroid N2 Firmware (Armbian 22.05.0-trunk.0004 Jammy with Linux 5.10.103-meson64 / U-Boot 2022.01-armbian (Mar 03 2022 - 19:25:51 +0000) odroid-n2/n2-plus) as well has difficulties with both the orange and the red coloured eMMC modules at this time. The orange coloured eMMC module is recognised but couldn't be activated ("unable to select a mode : -5"): Spoiler G12B:BL:6e7c85:7898ac;FEAT:E0F83180:2000;POC:F;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;0. bl2_stage1 bl2_stage_init 0x81 hw id: 0x0000 - pw…

  8. Started by Pedro Teixeira,

    Hi all, I've been searching this topic for a while but haven't found a clear answer to my question. Running an N2+, I've noticed that sometimes, in dmesg, a process will be killed due to lack of ram, this is usually when, for example, plex is busy generating video thumbnails and bazarr is syncing newly downloaded subtitles for example. This isn't as common place as such but it does happen from time to time. My armbian installation (latest ubuntu server image with latest mainline kernel) is installed to an nvme ssd, so I was wondering if enabling zswap and disabling zram would be beneficial in this case? Or can both be used at the same t…

  9. Hi guys, I installed the latest Armbian (Buster) release for my Odroid HC4 and - after getting rid of Petitboot as that just wouldn't let me boot the image - it's working great so far. Only big problem I have is that it does not recognize any SATA devices, in neither of the two slots. I tried different HDDs / SSDs that I verified are recognized on a Windows PC and another Ubuntu PC. Did anyone get that working already? I assume the required Kernel drivers for the PCIe-Sata-chip are probably still missing. Many thanks and best regards Daniel

  10. Hi i've tried everything now and really out of options and almost out of hair..... Hardware: 32GB or 256GB Samsung EVO Plus Sd-Card 500GB Samsung USB SATA SSD (MU-PA500B) Odroid N2 with the latest petit boot All images with kernel 4.9 will boot straight of the SSD without a problem or much work. But when i try images anything above 4.9 it won't boot , whatever i do: What have i tried with the images with kernel 5.4X 1) Image straight to SSD Black screen nothing happens ( SPI or MMC mode makes no difference) 2) Image on Sd-card, boot into Armbian and use :sudo armbian-config * System --> Install - installs to SATA, eMMC, NAND or USB -->…

    • Reputation Points

    • 11 replies
    • 13.3k views
  11. Started by Pedro Teixeira,

    Hi everyone! Been using Armbian for a few days and loving it!! Banging job! I'd like to ask though, is there a way to change the threshold for when the fan kicks in on the N2+? As it's hardcoded to 65C correct? Thanks!

  12. Guest

    Hello, After a firmware update today I got a problem with Wireguard on my Odroid-hc4. I got that when checking ufw status, sudo ufw status verbose ERROR: problem running iptables: modprobe: FATAL: Module ip_tables not found in directory /lib/modules/5.10.123-meson64 iptables v1.8.7 (legacy): can't initialize iptables table `filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?) Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded. How to fix that? Laurent

    • Reputation Points

    • 11 replies
    • 11.6k views
  13. Hello everyone, Upgrading from distro isn't supported officially but I tried it anyways and thought I should share my findings. In short, it worked for me. Others have reported issues so maybe we can figure out what causes these issues. My N2+ is fairly vanilla, so I didn't heavily modify it. Running 5.10.x kernel since that is recommended for de N2+ Step 1. Fully upgrade your system on Focal sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade sudo apt-get dist-upgrade Step 2. Shutdown you N2+ and make an image backup of your emmc using dd or Win32DiskImager in case something goes wrong Step 3. Boot up your N2+ a…

  14. I have big problems with the network throughput on my odroid n2 after a new fresh installation of the armbian image 5.87_debian_stretch_default_4.9.177. I was wondering why the update procedure with apt or some tests with installation for omv is taking so long. Does anyone has the same problems or some hints for solving this? So for know I - switched the network cable (no result and with the same cables different other computers are connected with gigabit and no problem - changed speed from 1 gbit to 100 mbit but with no successfull result on the lan switch (no problems with all other connections on this hp lan switch!) - did some small "…

  15. Guest

    After last system upgrade I got, Package armbian-bsp-cli-odroidhc4-current is kept back because a related package is kept back or due to local apt_preferences(5). and (translate from french) sudo apt install --only-upgrade armbian-bsp-cli-odroidhc4-current ... The following packages contain unmet dependencies: armbian-bsp-cli-odroidhc4-current : Dépend: base-files (>= 23.11.1) E: Unable to fix problems, bad packets are in "keep as is" mode. How to fix this issue? uname -a Linux xxxxx.xx 6.1.63-current-meson64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Nov 20 10:52:19 UTC 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux apt-cache show base-files …

  16. I upgraded the kernel today via apt-get update/upgrade and it seems kernel for armbian 23.08 is being pushed to users with 23.02 breaking a bunch of stuff. After upgrading the kernel ethernet stops working and requires the user to manually downgrade kernel, uboot (and dtb?). I am currently on "current" kernel (6.1.11-meson64) I'm thinking of downgrading to legacy (5.xx) via armbian-config, does anyone know if this is safe?

  17. Good morning, after some time using armbian on my OdroidN2 with great success (got Nextcloud with working Talk installed, external USB, Minecraft server, nginx, LetsEncrypt, Netdata...) I encountered some problems I am not able to solve by myself: I bought a RTC battery and a LED power button to "finalize" my Odroid (hardwarewise), and to my surprise both did not work as expected. RTC: It says: chris@OdroidN2:~$ sudo hwclock hwclock: select() to /dev/rtc0 to wait for clock tick timed out cat /proc/interrupts |grep rtc ...gives me also no return (empty string), so i guess there is a module missing in the kernel : chris@Odroi…

  18. Started by psiborg,

    Is there a way to enable the audio jack? Only the HDMI audio is working.

  19. Started by lordsinclair,

    Hello, While for Odroid-N2 ubuntu standard image wakeonlan worked I miss for armbian 20.08.22 Focal simple advice for bootenv or kernel parameters to enable it e.g. enabled_wol as with ubuntu standard image for N2. ethtool eth0 tells just it is disabled (d) and network settings doesnot work either. regards, Dieter

  20. Started by Jul,

    Hi, I upgraded armbian on N2+ today... Apparently kernel was updated, I dont know how to fix this. Someone to help me ? Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 16 replies
    • 9.3k views
  21. root@odroidn2:~# journalctl -x | grep haveged Mar 12 19:43:51 odroidn2 kernel: audit: type=1400 audit(1615574627.248:2): apparmor="STATUS" operation="profile_load" profile="unconfined" name="/usr/sbin/haveged" pid=1635 comm="apparmor_parser" Mar 12 19:43:47 odroidn2 audit[1635]: AVC apparmor="STATUS" operation="profile_load" profile="unconfined" name="/usr/sbin/haveged" pid=1635 comm="apparmor_parser" -- Subject: A start job for unit haveged.service has finished successfully -- A start job for unit haveged.service has finished successfully. Mar 12 19:43:52 odroidn2 haveged[1836]: haveged: Couldn't initialize HAVEGE rng 9 Mar 12 19:43:52 odroidn2 haveged[1836]:…

  22. Started by alecunsolo,

    Hi all How can I enable the rtc clock in the Odroid HC4? I know nothing about device tree and overlays, but the Hardkernel Ubuntu image has an overlay to enable: wiki. I didn't find anything similar in the armbian image. Could be related to this this PR for the N2 model? Thanks

  23. Started by Quantum,

    Armbian_22.05.4_Odroidn2_jammy_current_5.10.123_xfce_desktop.img ... comes up with the Armbian logo and circling dots... But the dots go on for an hour and a half. Here's what /var/log/bootstrap.log looks like.

  24. Started by Badger,

    Hello, I've tried to use the bug reporting tool but unfortunately it did not work (armbianmonitor -u did not work, and it was too big for http://paste.debian.net/), so I've posted here. I'm trying to use a PCTV 292e plugged into the USB2 port of my Odroid N2. I have the correct firmware for this device downloaded into the /lib/firmware/ folder however I have the errors: writing to i2c device at 0xc8 failed (error=-5) I think it is a USB issue as it does work in the USB3 ports, but I am unsure. Logs below. If there is any more info I need to supply please let me know. Thanks. armbianmonitor -U 1 2 ### Act…

  25. Hello all, I am using an Odroid N2 with a 16Gb emmc and Armbian Bookworm. However as this got a bit small, I installed Armbian Bookworm to a new 64Gb emmc (Armbian is installed on an SD and can then be copied/installed to emmc). This seemed to work fine, and I had a running system. However, on the 3rd or 4th reboot, I got the error that the file "boot.scr" wasn't readable. With that, the emmc was not bootable anymore. I reinstalled multiple times, and each time, the emmc would work for a 2-5 boots, but no more. Each time, i got the error as above, or the error as below (partition could not be found) I never had this issue with the 16Gb emmc? Does anyone …

  26. Started by ChrisO,

    Some time ago a I was desperate to have ZFS on an Odroid HC4 and after some trying found Armbian 21.05.8 Buster with Linux 5.10.57-meson64 on which I could compile ZFS module. Then I moved everything from the SD card to filesystems in a ZFS pool. It boots from SD card, though. And has been working fine for several months. Recently I bought another HC4 and took the current Armbian image for it: Armbian 22.08.8 Jammy with Linux 5.19.17-meson64 Everything works fine. Tried this image on the older HC4 and it doesn't see the second SSD. In the syslog I found this message: ata1: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300) …

    • Reputation Points

    • 18 replies
    • 7.8k views
  27. Started by Dezo,

    Hi, is there a way, how to check that image in download section is ok? I have Odroid HC4 with good PSU, both old and new card, flashed by Etcher and Rufus, keyboard plugged in USB, no SATA disks at the moment. I'm able to boot Focal 4.9 kernel (however with some errors after the boot). I've removed Petitboot with flasherase first, I've checked SHA checksum. Edit: File I've downloaded is: Armbian_20.11.6_Odroidhc4_focal_current_5.9.14.img.xz SHA: 9930f984eca2a72b3c22953ee6381c95da528b2a355dd9f429da38d1409f7b1f *Armbian_2 Any ideas what is wrong? Thank you.

    • Reputation Points

    • 19 replies
    • 7.5k views
  28. Hi all. A few improvements have been made lately for the Odroid N2/N2+. HDMI sound for example. There are just a few little things I'd like to see happen to make it even better/perfect for desktop use, and for gaming when the GPU drivers for it are ready. Make HDMI resolution selectable in Armbian itself instead of in boot.ini. This would fix multiple issues. Like with mainline it always defaults to 4K on my 4K display whatever resolution I set in config.ini. The N2+ can work well at 1440p, but 4K is just too much for it. In legacy 1440p works when setting it in boot.ini. But can't be changed in Armbian itself. For gaming this will be a huge problem(on mai…

  29. Hi all, after installing the latest version of Armbian (Jammy 6.1.11 desktop) I found that HDMI monitor audio is not working. With the Ubuntu MATE version of odroid the audio worked. Armbian seems more powerful and its look is much better than MATE, I hope I can solve all the problems because I don't want to go back to MATE anymore, How can I make HDMI audio work? Thanks in advance... PS. I have already updated the firmware to full with the WiFi USB stick problem which has since been resolved

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 7.2k views
  30. Hi. I recently purchased a few DS18B20 sensors. I'm having troubles setting up 1-wire on the newest armbian: root@odroidn2:~# uname -a Linux odroidn2 5.8.5-meson64 #20.08.1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Sep 1 18:47:20 CEST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux My DS18B20 adapter is connected to "GPIOX_7(#)" as suggested on Odroid forum: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?p=305664#p305664 Using the official Ubuntu 18.04 image with 4.9.230-76, I was able to find devices in "/sys/bus/w1/devices". Now, I'm trying to do the same thing on Armbian. I added to: /boot/armbianEnv.txt overlays=w1-gpio param_w1_pin=GPIOX_7 param_w1_pin_i…

  31. I'm trying to complete the installation of Armbian onto the HC4 (HC4-P if that changes anything). With a fresh SD card I run sudo dd if=Armbian_22.11.1_Odroidhc4_bullseye_current_5.19.17.img of=/dev/sdb status=progress plug in the card to the board, plug in the ethernet cable, hold down the boot switch, and plug it into power. It all seems to run correctly: I can SSH into the board and I complete the initial steps to set-up the installation (root pass, default shell, username, real name, and locale). However it does not seem as I can access the SPI FLASH device. Running the following commands from the HC4 page do not work as there are no mt…

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 7k views
  32. Hi, the lastest kernel update issues the following lines in dmesg output: [ 12.214293] meson8b-dwmac ff3f0000.ethernet: Failed to reset the dma [ 12.215002] meson8b-dwmac ff3f0000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_hw_setup: DMA engine initialization failed [ 12.223988] meson8b-dwmac ff3f0000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_open: Hw setup failed Do I need to update the firmware as well? B.t.w. you may mention that armbianmonitor -u needs to be run as root, otherwise the fping check will fail.

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 6.9k views
  33. Started by Christian Willemsen,

    Hi I was trying out Armbian_24.2.1_Odroidn2_bookworm_current_6.6.16_cinnamon_desktop.img.xz and its not booting when you have a usb hdd connected. It works pefectly fine on bullseye image. Also tryed some other hdd on usb Board variant: n2-plus Net: dunac_neson8b ethernet@ff3f0000: Can't get reset: -2 ethe: ethernet@ff310000 Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0 starting USB... Bus usb@ff500000: Register 3000140 MbrPorts 3 Starting the controller USB XHCI 1.10 scanning bus usbeff500000 for devices... unable to get device descriptor (error-1) …

    • Reputation Points

    • 11 replies
    • 6.9k views
  34. I recently installed the latest precompiled Bullseye image on my Odroid HC4 and plugged in two Samsung 870 QVO 8TB SSDs. After configuring the system I noticed that they were not present, checking output from `/var/log/syslog` I can see the "SATA Llink down" messages for both channels. After several reboots I tried seating them after booting, both drives cause some messages about a soft reset failing, then eventually within 30-60 seconds are recognised until I reboot. I then one Crucial MX500 4TB SSDs which was recognised at first, after some reboots it would no longer be present, or strangely, be present with a much lower capacity (1TB). When seating the d…

  35. After upgrading to Focal on hc1 I countinously receive cron mails with the following content: /usr/lib/armbian/armbian-truncate-logs: 19: /etc/default/armbian-ramlog: Syntax error: "(" unexpected Similar problem is reported here: https://forum.yunohost.org/t/continuously-receiving-email-about-armbian-log/16549 After checking the code, the problem seams to be, that nowerdays /etc/default/armbian-ramlog contains something like # If USE_RSYNC is true, additional options may be specified for the rsync # commands used to synchronize logs to disk from RAM (XTRA_RSYNC_TO) or from # disk to RAM (XTRA_RSYNC_FROM). These are bash arrays to make s…

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 6.5k views
  36. Hi, i have armbian bullseye (headless) installed on my odroid-hc4. petitboot is disabled. The boot-partition lies on a sd-card while the root-partion is on a ssd. this configuration worked fine. After upgrading to armbian bullseye 22.11 the boot process stucks in initramfs cause the root file-system is not found anymore (ALERT! UUID=xxx does not exist. Dropping to a shell. The sd-card with the boot partition as well as the ssd with the root-partition can be mounted on another PC and seem to be flawless. the UUID shown in fstab and initramfs are identical. In initramfs ls /dev/sd* shows no devices while ls /dev/mm* shows the sdcard (mmcblk01...). I don't really …

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 6.5k views
  37. Armbian current: It seems that the N2+ is [i]immune[/i] to Chrony and systemd-timesyncd. The only way I can set the date/time is manually through date -s. # systemctl status systemd-timesyncd ● systemd-timesyncd.service - Network Time Synchronization Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-timesyncd.service; enabled; preset: enabled) Active: active (running) since Mon 2025-11-24 13:06:59 PST; 31min ago Invocation: 50da85c1116348dbbd83cca270da6ff8 Docs: man:systemd-timesyncd.service(8) Main PID: 1185 (systemd-timesyn) Status: "Idle." Tasks: 2 (limit: 4227) Memory: 1.6M (peak: 2.3M) CPU: 79ms C…

    • Reputation Points

    • 19 replies
    • 6.4k views
  38. Hi, please ignore my username, it's quite old. System is an odroid n2+. After updating the system (apt dist-upgrade) and updating linux-image-current-meson64:arm64 21.08.1 to 21.08.6, my sd card could not be mount anymore. New firmware was: linux-image-current-meson64=21.08.6 / 5.10.81-meson64 System runs from emmc. The 256gb sd card is used for more internal storage. Kernel message: mmc0: error -84 whilst initialising SD card - repeated every few seconds. Downgrade back to linux-image-current-meson64=21.08.01 / 5.10.??-meson64 (did not remember minor version while changing kernel in armbian-config): works again…

  39. Hello, i need to activate the serial port on the odroid N2-plus, the serial port is on pins (J2 - 2x20 PINS) 8/10. Usually this uart with ubuntu is at /dev/ttyS1. If I try to use it on armbian I get an input/output error. I read the following post, I understand that it is not implemented yet. Can anyone point me in the direction of trying to do this?

  40. Odroid-N2 using Armbian_20.08.1_Odroidn2_focal_current_5.8.5 I've recently got a "Connection timed out" issue. For instance, I can open files with nano, use htop, armbian-config, update and upgrade packages, but I can't reboot (everything over ssh). I'm having a feeling that the issue started when I tried to figure out if it's possible to get HDMI to work with my 4K TV when the HDMI cable is not plugged in at boot. In that case, I booted several times and chaged boot.ini with setenv display_autodetect "false", setenv hdmimode "1080p60hz" and setenv disablehpd "true" without success. armbianmonitor -u information is attached at the end in my post where this line migh…

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 6.2k views
  41. I'm not sure what is the cause and effect here, but what I saw today is weird. OS: Welcome to Armbian buster with Linux 4.9.219-meson64 Linux odroidn2 4.9.219-meson64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jun 3 12:42:50 CEST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux Symptom: I recently purchased a Seagate external HDD and wanted to use it with the N2. Started to replicate files from my other server over SFTP, and at the same time I also started Midnight Commander to check on the HDD content. As soon as I wanted to change directory to /mnt/seagate, my console became unresponsive, the SFTP connection failed and there wasn't really any way to unstuck this situation. Due to othe…

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 6.1k views
  42. Been having an issue where my idle temps are >60C The fan will spin for maybe a second or two and then turn off for 10-20 seconds Checking /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1 and it is set to 0 even though my MINPWM is set to 90 Even if I manually tee 90 to pwm1 it will eventually reset to 0 even with fancontrol turned off So something resetting without my input... fan1_input does read fan speed & pwm1_enabled is set to 1 lsof & auditd do not have any info as to what is overwriting the file Only way I can get the fan to stay on is to loop the tee command for a few seconds and then it is on that one speed Turning f…

  43. X windows system on term 7. turns black and then the Monitor goes in Power Saving modus. But the others terms still work ( not 100 percent sure ). Strangely enough that this happens only shortly after switching on. But if I cut the Power or reboot then it will run 24 hours or longer. Haven't tested more than 24 h. I recognize that late that I could switch to other terms i.e. term 1. At first I thought that the N2+ was under powered and tried another PSU but later I saw that only X window system on term 7 has crashed. Music per bluetooth continued playing. What I did was making updates before it happening.

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 6.1k views
  44. Started by Sakuraa,

    Is there any way to enable Wake on Lan? As far as I know the Odroid-HC4 Supports WoL but I can't get it to work

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 6k views
  45. The images where applied with Balena etcher. Petitboot was removed as described. The PSU was included in the bundle (15V 4A). Odroid Ubuntu works fine. The boot process stops at: Booting kernel ... I tried the following Images (none of them works): Armbian Buster - mainline kernel 5.10.y Armbian Focal - mainline kernel 5.10.y What am i missing ? Any help appreciated.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 5.9k views
  46. Started by Arne Hübner,

    1 2 ### Activated 1 lzo-rle zram swap devices with 1816 MB each 3 4 ### Activated Armbian ramlog partition with zstd compression 5 6 ### Activated 1 lzo-rle zram swap devices with 1816 MB each 7 8 ### Activated Armbian ramlog partition with zstd compression 9 10 Sun 28 Mar 2021 04:42:10 PM CEST | Odroid N2 | 21.02.3 | arm64 | aarch64 | 5.10.21-meson64 11 12 ### dmesg: 13 14 [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [0x410fd034] 15 [ 0.000000] Linux version 5.10.21-meson64 (root@hirsute) (aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc (G…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 5.9k views
  47. Hi On fresh installed Armbian_23.5.1_Odroidn2_jammy_current_6.1.30_xfce_desktop when starting chromium-browser I get odroidn2:~$ chromium-browser Gtk-Message: 20:49:33.686: Failed to load module "xapp-gtk3-module" libva error: vaGetDriverNameByIndex() failed with unknown libva error, driver_name = (null) [18372:18372:0625/204934.172288:ERROR:gpu_init.cc(537)] Passthrough is not supported, GL is egl, ANGLE is [18372:18372:0625/204934.232251:ERROR:gl_display.cc(508)] EGL Driver message (Error) eglQueryDeviceAttribEXT: eglQueryDeviceAttribEXT [18372:18372:0625/204934.232523:ERROR:gl_angle_util_vulkan.cc(189)] Failed to retrieve vkGetInstanceProcAddr [18372:18372:06…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 5.8k views
  48. Started by rpineau,

    I'm testing the Armbian image for Odroid N2+ ( Armbian_22.08.7_Odroidn2_jammy_current_5.19.17_xfce_desktop) to see if it's a good migration path from the HardKernel base image. Unfortunately I need to get both i2c bus running on the GPIO and so far only the first bus seems to work (i2c-0). Looking into /sys/bus/i2c/devices , it looks like i2c-1 is tied to the hdmi port instead of the 2nd i2c bus on the GPIO : lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 31 1969 0-0051 -> ../../../devices/platform/soc/ffd00000.bus/ffd1c000.i2c/i2c-0/0-0051 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 31 1969 i2c-0 -> ../../../devices/platform/soc/ffd00000.bus/ffd1c000.i2c/i2c-0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root …

  49. Started by j___r,

    For the second time today on my few-days-old Odroid N2+ build with Buster desktop I have a system-wide freeze. Blue LED is constantly on and there is no response to keyboard or mouse events. Was interacting with Plex both times but I only have Plex, Tautulli and Samba server set up. I'm loath to pull the power but 30mins in to the second freeze (I pulled the plug on the first one). What should I be looking for when I get it running again?

  50. From time to time, I notice that the HC4 looses its IP address. journalctl then tells me: dhcp4 (eth0): selecting lease failed: -131 But I don't know the reason for it. Sometimes it happens after a reboot. Pulling the ethernet cable off and plugging it in again seems to help and after a few tries, the HC4 is reachable again. I'd be happy to give more information, but I don't know yet how to debug it. I noticed that /var/log (zram) sometimes gets full but I don't know if this is related…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 5.4k views
  51. Started by manpreet,

    Has anyone tried using PXE boot and install on ODroid-N2 I have 12 Odroid-N2s, I want to install them automatically over network using FAI, I can seem to find a way to do that, actually I am currently unable to even boot the armbian kernel using netboot # generated by fai-chboot for host default with IP no IP default Debian Testing Netboot Installer(Armbian) LABEL Debian Testing Netboot Installer(Odroid) KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz INITRD /boot/initrd.gz DTB /boot/meson64_odroidn2.dtb APPEND ip=dhcp root=/srv/fai/nfsroot:vers=3 rootovl FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,createvt FAI_CONFIG_SRC=nfs://pxe/srv/fai/config FAI_ACTION=install console=tty0 n…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 5.3k views
  52. Sometimes when reboot device goes to emergency mode and you can not connect to it remotelly. I read on internet, may be here, that make this [Firmware Bug]. I downgrade Kernel to "Igor" recommended 5.7.15 and there the [Firmware Bug] missing. I tested new and newest Kernel via armbian-config but the [Firmware Bug] is present everywhere. Kernel 5.7.15 seems good without this bug but i have no sounds on Audio out or via HDMI. --- journalctl -xb [Firmware Bug]: Kernel image misaligned at boot, please fix your bootloader!

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 5.3k views
  53. Install of Armbian 21.02.2 Buster with Linux version 5.7.15-meson64 and gpiod package installed on the Odroid N2 does not work for gpiomon. The gpiod command gpioinfo and gpioget work fine. Gpiomon fails with message "No such device". Searching for hours I believe the issue is that interrupts have not been assigned to the gpiopins, so appropriate devices don't exist. Any information on when/how to get a fully functional gpiod and associated python package going. Python code using python3-libgpiod also fails on the line.request function with the same "No such device" error.

  54. Was wondering if there is any plans to support the recently released ODroid-N2 sbc.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 5.2k views
  55. This isn't a question but more of a tutorial. I wanted to install Debian Bookworm with latest kernel to my odroid. I'm documenting my steps and experience here in case you stumble across it and find it useful. At the time of writing, the link on the Odroid HC4 site to download Bookworm is broken. No worries, I thought, I'll just build it myself, doesn't seem too hard. My host system is Windows 10 where I'm building in a WSL 2 Ubuntu. It has GCC 9.3.0 installed. Follow the usual instructions here. My compilation command is: ./compile.sh KERNEL_CONFIGURE= BUILD_MINIMAL=no BUILD_DESKTOP=no EXTERNAL_NEW=prebuilt BOARD=odroidhc4 BRA…

  56. hello everyone, can anyone tell me how to install the driver for the RTL8811 WiFi USB dongle?

  57. Odroid N2+ booting from eMMC with a 4TB USB drive. With the USB drive disconnected, the system boots fine and very quickly. With the USB drive connected, it throws hundreds of errors for about 30 seconds before finally moving on and booting from the eMMC. I have no desire to ever boot from SD or USB, so I would like to just disable those options. I found this topic https://forum.armbian.com/topic/10349-disable-u-boot-usb-support/ but I can't really follow what they're talking about and I have no idea how to patch U-boot or build a new boot image. Is there an easier way to do this? Here's what the errors look like: Hit any key to stop autoboot: …

  58. I am having trouble installing specific hardware dkms because the dkms requires the linux header files for the installed kernel version which are not available or do not exist. Armbian 23.05.1 Ubuntu 22.04 desktop version is build with kernel 6.6.63 but an apt search for the relevant headers finds none. Headers exist for 6.2, 6.5 and 6.8 but not for 6.6. How can I address this?

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 4.8k views
  59. Hi, first post here. After upgrading Armbian on my Odroid-N2 to 5.8.13-meson64, I can no longer mount using autofs, neither manually nor via systemctl. The error message is: mount: /home/<mountdir>: unknown filesystem type 'aufs'. The Armbian Build Options information suggests that kernel builds include AUFS by default: AUFS ( yes | no ): Include support for AUFS Am I missing something? Armbian version is #20.08.6 SMP PREEMPT Thu Oct 1 18:51:27 CEST 2020

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 4.7k views
  60. I am unable to configure Xorg to ignore (and stop using as its default) the None-1 video device causing me not to be able to display a desktop via the HMDI-1-1 device. It has been suggested (https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/how-to-configure-xorg/26732/3) that I disable this device in the kernel, hopefully, via a kernel option such as : video=None-1:d Does anyone know where (which file) and how (specific method) I should do this?

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.7k views
  61. Hello, I run armbian 20.08.3 on an Odroid N2 with a dongle wifi. I have upgraded the board from armbian-firmware full 20.08.3 to 20.08.4. After that the screen insn't recognize anymore (it's an AOC e2250Sda) and after some reboot it s doest start anymore. Have I to wait the nex update ? Thanks a lot

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.7k views
  62. I don't understand why I can't update to 5.19. I just updated to various user-space Debian 11.5 packages, but I can't see any newer kernels. root@odo:/boot# apt policy linux-image-edge-meson64 linux-image-edge-meson64: Installed: 22.05.1 Candidate: 22.05.1 Version table: *** 22.05.1 500 500 https://mirrors.xtom.de/armbian bullseye/main arm64 Packages 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status 22.02.1 500 500 https://mirrors.xtom.de/armbian bullseye/main arm64 Packages 22.02.0-trunk.0046 500 500 https://mirrors.xtom.de/armbian bullseye/main arm64 Packages 22.02.0-trunk.0045 500 500 https://mirrors.xtom.de/armbian bullse…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.6k views
  63. Started by ChrisO,

    Hi I was using: Title: Armbian 21.08.5 Odroidhc4 Debian buster legacy Then something bad pushed me to run apt update/upgrade No ZFS anymore. Installed 22.08.2, but, when tried to install kernel headers using armbian-config, result: "grep: invalid max count" message. What is the current correct way to install Armbian with ZFS? Thanks ChrisO

  64. Started by Skibbi,

    Hi, I recently bought Odroid N2+ (4GB) as a replacement for my raspberry pi 4. With legacy kernel 4.9 boars seems to be working fine. But when I flashed latest 5.10 kernel version it boots but without HDMI signal. I've read some topics here and in hardkernel forum and my conclusion is that my monitor resolution (3440x1440@60Hz) might not be supported by the kernel. I use this monitor. After some tinkering I was able to boot with video by passing following string to bootargs: setenv bootargs ${bootargs} "video=HDMI-A-1:2560x1440@60" Unfortunately the image is flickering and almost unusable in most cases. Here is an excerpt from 4.9 kernel bootlog wi…

  65. Started by allanmac,

    In my quest to use an ODROID N2 as a time server, I had to figure out how to enable UART_EE_A. Device trees for other boards sometimes enable UART A in the base device tree but the ODROID N2/N2+ does not. I am not sure why device trees don't fully define devices like UART_A and then just leave them disabled instead of partially defining them with missing "pinctrl" entries (as in the N2 device tree). Anyway, I've attached `meson-g12b-odroid-uart-ee-a.dtso` as an example of how to enable UART_EE_A. Additionally: The DT overlays for Meson UARTs (e.g. `/boot/dtb/amlogic/overlay/meson-uartA.dtbo`) are not compatible with …

  66. Hello, I want to have the GPU mali integration so I choose Armbian kernel 5.4 But there is no sound l. The command aplay -l not list any hardware. And no sound on HDMI An idea ? If I must choose another image can you tell me the good image ? And can I will keep the bifrost wayland integration ? Thanks a lot.

  67. Armbian_23.11.1_Odroidn2_bookworm_current_6.1.63.img.xz was downloaded and flashed to SD card. System booted OK from the SD card and successfully started the OS. Then I used armbian-config to write the root file system to an SSD. After reboot, the system appears to get through the boot stage OK. It also proceeds to start up the OS OK, but then services fail to start. Further action stops temporarily, but pressing the escape key or a function key makes the screen go black for a second or so, returning with what's shown in the last image. No other keys have any ef…

  68. Started by MarkP,

    After updating my Odroid N2+ today, lo is the only network interface shown when running 'ip a' The update was 18 packages: root@odroidn2p10:~# apt upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done Calculating upgrade... Done The following packages will be upgraded: armbian-config armbian-firmware armbian-zsh libldap-2.5-0 libldap-common libnss-myhostname libpam-systemd libsystemd0 libudev1 linux-dtb-current-meson64 linux-image-current-meson64 linux-u-boot-odroidn2-current python3-tz sudo systemd systemd-sysv tzdata udev 18 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to g…

  69. FYI, Device is Odroid N2+ 4 GB. Some months ago I installed/ran: Armbian_25.2.1_Odroidn2_bookworm_current_6.12.13_xfce_desktop.img with no issues that I could not overcome. I re-downloaded it yesterday and re-installed/ran it on another Odroid N2+ 4GB with no issues. However when I try to install/run: Armbian_25.11.1_Odroidn2_noble_current_6.12.58_xfce_desktop.img "* Desktops are very simple and minimal but containing standard features such as Chromium, Firefox browser, Office tools etc." It leads to a number of issues, but the most important one is no internet browsers are installed that are either visible from the Applica…

    • Reputation Points

    • 11 replies
    • 4.3k views
  70. As the original thread, which was closed by moderator for obvious reason, did attract attention of few peoples having the same problem as me, it would be a waste not to follow up on this, I think. Let me sum up: I have two HC4, one bought in 8.2021 and other one 11.2022, both have two SSDs each. The older one after a kernel upgrade didn't see a second disk any more. I've just tried few kernels I could find with the following results: OK: Linux odroidhc4 5.12.10-meson64 #21.05.4 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jun 16 08:19:35 UTC 2021 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux OK: Linux odroidhc4 5.13.12-meson64 #21.08.1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 25 19:35:13 UTC 2021…

  71. I downloaded the most recent armbian focal for odroidc2. uname -a Linux odroidc2 5.6.18-meson64 #20.05.4 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jun 15 01:50:20 CEST 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux However, linux headers are not available for this version: apt-cache search linux-headers-current | grep meson64 linux-headers-current-meson64 - Linux kernel headers for 5.6.15-meson64 on arm64 Also here, only 5.6.15 available: https://apt.armbian.com/pool/main/l/ I tried to simply use 5.6.15 headers by manually setting the following link: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 Jul 4 21:00 /lib/modules/5.6.18-meson64/build -> /usr/src/linux-header…

  72. Started by albanibr,

    I tried 3 las disk images in SD card, update and OMV is not available fo install. In all tutorials show that OMV is available there. But when on my N2, it's not available.

  73. Started by Franky66,

    I am trying the first releases of armbian on my new odroid n2 and would like also to test openmediavault which should be available with 3rd party option on armbian-config. But at the moment this software option is not available. Is there a reason for this, maybe the device is very new and not tested for the moment?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.2k views
  74. Checksum not matching for images for odroid n2 for these: Focalstable5.10.ySHA ASC278MApr 4 2021 Focal xfce desktopstable5.10.ySHA ASC802MApr 4 2021 Also after installing images they would crash.

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.1k views
  75. Hi all, I'm a bit lost to find the root cause so I share all what I noticed Installed - I'm using Armbian_21.02.4_Odroidn2_buster_current_5.10.27.img image on a eMMC 64Gb on an Odroid N2+ board - I installed docker and have two containers activated from portainer/portainer-ce and linuxserver/plex images - I installed exFat-fuse and exFat-utils to be able to mount an external exFat drive connected via USB Issues - Right after booting, the USB drive is mounted but is not seen by Plex. Restarting the plex container make the trick but I have to do it each time - After some time, the mounting point is not anymore accessible and give me the ' Transport en…

  76. Hello, I was running OpenMediaVault on Armbian Buster some time ago and after an update (I suppose) the system would not boot normally anymore. Had to move places shortly after that, so the board stayed in a box for about a year and now I would like to put it back into service. A Bullseye image is required for OMV 6, so I went to the website and downloaded the latest image for my Odroid N2 board : Armbian_23.02.2_Odroidn2_bullseye_current_6.1.11.img.xz I then flashed the 16GB eMMC and plugged it in ... no boot (fixed red led / no network) If I do the same with an SDCard, it boots up normally (blinking blue led / working SSH) …

  77. Installing Bullseye from download list works fine, but after `apt update / apt upgrade` or a firmware update through armbian-config, boot process gets stuck with Uboot logo in the corner and won't proceed any further. Any ideas? Using a EMMC card and BalenaEtcher to burn.

  78. So, I've noticed there were some updates available, so decided to do so, now running 20.08.7 Focal / 5.8.13 kernel. Now, I did run the nand-sata-install when I first installed armbian a month ago to an external SSD and all's working perfectly. The thing is, a couple of weeks ago, even after this latest update and rebooting, the sbc won't boot up, I had to pull the plug and back about 20 times for it to boot. So this is what I found running dmesg. [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [0x410fd034] [ 0.000000] Linux version 5.8.13-meson64 (root@xeon) (aarch64-none-linux-gnu-gcc (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 9.2-2…

  79. Currently no /dev/watchdog device on N2 with -current and -dev armbian kkernel. But watchdog present in -legacy. I see meson-wdt kernel module present on image, I transplant meson_wdt segment from dts file of legacy kernel to dev and current. diff --git a/arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-g12b-odroid-n2.dts b/arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-g12b-odroid-n2.dts index 819afc748828..18990208f269 100644 --- a/arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-g12b-odroid-n2.dts +++ b/arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-g12b-odroid-n2.dts @@ -226,6 +226,20 @@ hdmi_connector_in: endpoint { }; }; }; + + wdt: watchdog@0xffd0f0d0 { + compatible = "amlogic, meson-wdt"…

  80. Started by foscove,

    Long story short: I used for about one year an odroid HC4 as NFS server and worked fine. Now I would add a player service for it. It mounts an HDMI port, so I tried to plug in the cable and it worked. I were able to see the video output but with no sound. I found there is no detected hdmi card: # aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: ODROIDHC4 [ODROID-HC4], device 0: fe.dai-link-0 (*) [] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 0: ODROIDHC4 [ODROID-HC4], device 1: fe.dai-link-1 (*) [] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 0: ODROIDHC4 [ODROID-HC4], device 2: fe.dai-link-2 (*) [] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: sub…

  81. Hi, Does anyone know how to get rid of the error on Odroid N2+ ? The error appears after some time of using GUI app on XFCE DRM_IOCTL_MODE_CREATE_DUMB failed: Cannot allocate memory Failed to create scanout resource

  82. Hi, Odroid N2+ Armbian 22.05 Jammy Kernel 5.10.y, Size: 360Mb, Updated: Jul 1, 2022 + XFCE installed by means of armbian-config htop shows Systemd: degraded (1/372 failed) root@n2p-dev:~# systemctl --failed UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION ● fwupd-refresh.service loaded failed failed Refresh fwupd metadata and update motd LOAD = Reflects whether the unit definition was properly loaded. ACTIVE = The high-level unit activation state, i.e. generalization of SUB. SUB = The low-level unit activation state, values depend on unit type. 1 loaded units listed. root@n2p-d…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.9k views
  83. So, first of all, pretty much a newbie here. I'm trying to add protonvpn to my HC4. I was able to do it with Ubuntu Mate (from the HC4 webpage) on the same hardware, so I'm pretty sure it's possible on Armbian. To be fair, the ProtonVPN website says that raspbian is not supported (and I assume they meant to say ARM) but I have been able to get it to work on Mate, and the problem on Armbian seems to be the Public Key and nothing else. After installation, the app will start, but won't work, so some successful compiling for ARM seems to be happening. What I did: - Downloaded the deb file for Debian based stable release - Tried GDebi and Apt, but dpkg wo…

  84. I recently upgraded from an Odroid HC2 to and Odroid HC4. I reinstalled the OS following the instructions on armbian.com, flashing onto a MicroSD. After migrating the apps (mostly dockers), I found that restic (backup tool) was generating out of memory errors and bringing the system to a halt in a way the HC2 didn't. This surprised me as it's overall higher specced, and the configuration was otherwise identical. After some troubleshooting, I realised there was no swap drive specified, and that creating a swap eliminated my out of memory errors. I'm not sure if the source of the "problem" is the swapfile here, but it at least…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.9k views
  85. Started by wolf7250,

    First off, could someone please help. I did not seem to be able to create this topic without a tag and the only tag it would accept was "solved". Wondering if somebody could remove the "solved" tag and add in "odroidhc4"? I purchased a brand new odroid hc4 board with the intention of installing armbian and then subsequently OMV. My intention was/is to install Armbian on a MicroSD card. On the downloader page I read that in order to clean boot Armbian the incompatible Petit bootloader needs to be removed. I tried the bootloader bypass (preferred) method and that didn't seem to work for me. The board still seemed to go to the petitboot UI. …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.9k views
  86. I've been trying this all day and I can't get it to work for me (focal mainline kernel 5.6.y) - I can start on sdd, change hostname, make it a static ip, reboot - works fine. As soon as I try to nand-sata-install and boot from sdd + system on usb it just disappears after the reboot. Pity, works fine with the legacy.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.9k views
  87. TL;DR Where in armbian build system correctly can be make N2-only related changes: 1. /boot ext4 volume have to have symlink . as boot, can be created with command ln -s ./ boot 2. kernel env variable set in boot.ini contain part but it shouldn't. This substring need to be removed if btrfs choosen. 3. /boot ext4 partition have only 4 MB free. I am not sure but think it's too small; for example there no space to run update-initramfs -u. I think it should be larger, like 500 MB. Long: I want to run my oDroid-N2 with root on BTRFS filesystem. I use manual on armbian image build and did time ./compile.sh BOARD=odroidn2 BRANCH=cur…

  88. Minor annoyance, but wondering if there's a way to fix this on boot ? It's happened on all releases i've tried (emmc) enough of an annoyance now to ask about it. i've tried setting various resolutions in the boot.cfg but that doesn't seem to make a difference? connected via hdmi When I first turn it on I see this; Then it goes to this Then, i see normal dmesg and it's all usable.

  89. Started by Matz3D,

    Hi everyone! I would like to install a wake up physical button on my Odroid n2+ gpio. I already know I have to edit the dtb files and specify something in ArmbianEnv but.. is there someone who could tell me what exactly I have to write? I'm using Armbian Jammy. Thanks!

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.6k views
  90. Armbian 20.08.13 Odroid n2 buster legacy 4.9.238 does not boot on emmc updated petitboot with pb-update, no effect! got back to Armbian_20.02.5_Odroidn2_buster_legacy_4.9.216, no problems there immediately freezed armbian updates with armbian-config, because my last kernel update did break my whole system.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.6k views
  91. The zfs-dkms included in Armbian_22.11.1_Odroidhc4_jammy in version 2.1.4 is to old for 5.19.17 kernel. It should be 2.1.6 like in Armbian_22.08.7. Loading new zfs-2.1.4 DKMS files... Building for 5.19.17-meson64 Building initial module for 5.19.17-meson64 configure: error: *** None of the expected "blk_queue_discard" interfaces were detected. *** This may be because your kernel version is newer than what is *** supported, or you are using a patched custom kernel with *** incompatible modifications. *** *** ZFS Version: zfs-2.1.4-0ubuntu0.1 *** Compatible Kernels: 3.10 - 5.17 http://paste.debian.ne…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 3.6k views
  92. Started by jmccoy555,

    Hi Everyone, I'm trying to get audio out of my N2+ via SPDIF on the 7 pin header, or any gpio pin if necessary. So far I have confined my SPDIF output works with the official Odroid MATE image, and also that I can get audio out via the 3.5mm jack on armbian after flowing this post . I have tried to understand the amixer wizardry but no luck achieving anything so am a bit stuck as I would really like to use armbian over the Odroid image. Thanks for any help!

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.5k views
  93. Hi, I'm trying to use an external RTC clock (https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/rtc-shield/, battery is good) connected over I2C to wakeup the Odroid HC4 from poweroff (or if not possible from disk-suspend). To my surprise the rtc was already recognised (and also the device tree seems good) and I'm able to communicate with it, read it and set alarms for it. However, whenever I poweroff the device and try to turn on again it does not power on by itself (neither from poweroff, nor from disk suspend). Output from /proc/driver/rtc: rtc_time : 19:16:28 rtc_date : 2023-03-29 alrm_time : 19:07:00 alrm_date : 2023-04-29 alarm_IRQ : no alrm_pending : no upd…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.5k views
  94. Hello, Ihave an Odroid N2 that run with armbian. 1) I can't upgrade armbian-zsh_21.08.6_all.deb The output of apt upgrade is : (Lecture de la base de données... 133099 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.) Préparation du dépaquetage de .../armbian-zsh_21.08.6_all.deb ... Dépaquetage de armbian-zsh (21.08.6) sur (21.08.5) ... dpkg: erreur de traitement de l'archive /var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-zsh_21.08.6_all.deb (--unpack) : impossible d'ouvrir « /etc/oh-my-zsh/plugins/osx/README.md.dpkg-new »: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type Des erreurs ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution : /var/cache/apt/archives/arm…

  95. Started by johmue,

    Hi, I've been using the /dev/ttyAML1 UART port on my Odroid N2+ at the GPIO pins 8 and 10 with buster. With the update to bullseye, the /dev/ttyAML1 device disappeared. Also now in bookworm it is no longer present. Now I happen to need the UART at GPIO 8 and 10 again and did some more persistent research and came across this post over in the DietPI forum. It provided an alternative meson-g12b-odroid-n2-plus.dtb which I installed in my system. Since then my /dev/ttyAML1 device is back and I can use the UART at GPIO 8 and 10 as I wished. However, I am a bit nervous, since I just installed some binary dtb file to my system at a path which …

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.5k views
  96. Hello, yesterday I have done apt autoremove linux-buster-root-current-odroidn2 on my odroid N2+ and I have done this to my XU4 too ( like i gor said so. During the night my N2+ crashed (no more blue light). These mornig the restart of the N2+ was OK and the bord works well. But the output of armbianmonitor -u (http://ix.io/3nIf) show : "[ 0.000000] [Firmware Bug]: Kernel image misaligned at boot, please fix your bootloader!". Two questions : 1) Is it OK to do, on a N2+, apt autoremove linux-buster-root-current-odroidn2 like I have done ? 2) What I have to do with this message of error "[ 0.000000] [Fi…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.4k views
  97. After updating the edge kernel to 6.18-rc, the performance of my ODroid-N2 dropped drastically. Here are the performance test results of 7zip with different kernel versions for comparison I compile the kernel myself using the armbian build system and install the resulting .deb. '7z b' 7-Zip 23.01 (arm64) : Copyright (c) 1999-2023 Igor Pavlov : 2023-06-20 64-bit arm_v:8 locale=en_GB.UTF-8 Threads:6 OPEN_MAX:1024 Compiler: 13.2.0 GCC 13.2.0 Linux : 6.16.6-edge-meson64 : #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Sep 9 17:02:41 UTC 2025 : aarch64 PageSize:4KB THP:always hwcap:8FF:CRC32:SHA1:SHA2:AES:ASIMD LE 1T CPU Freq (MHz): 1901 189…

  98. I've just install Armbian_23.02.2_Odroidhc4_jammy_current_6.1.11.img to my new odroid hc4 but after copy sd to sata by using nand-sata-install the system stuck dureing boot on an "emergency mode error".

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.4k views
  99. I'm trying to use a Pixel Qi screen with Odroid N2 running armbian. I've made EDID file myself and had it set in armbianEnv.txt like this: edid=0 disp_mode=1024x600 extraargs=drm.edid_firmware=edid/qi.bin But in nowhere it's loaded by the system.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.4k views
  100. Hello at the moment I am struggling to flash a stable desktop environment on my N2, I tried followin images on emmc card without success : Armbian_21.08.1_Odroidn2_hirsute_edge_5.13.12_xfce_desktop : unstable I know, but did not even go through the booting process (stuck at some point in uboot) Armbian_21.05.4_Odroidn2_focal_current_5.10.43_xfce_desktop : found in the archive, it did boot but then froze while in desktop environment. I would have the following need : - use of a logitech mouse (wireless) - use of a bluetooth dongle - use of wacom tablet (I was able sometime ago with some image but cant rell which one no longer) …

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.