Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockchip

Community maintained Rockchip boards

  1. I used both buster and ubuntu images (Armbian_5.91_Nanopineo4_Debian_buster_default_4.4.179_desktop.img and Armbian_5.90_Nanopineo4_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.4.179_desktop.img), both have no wifi, only show "device not ready". So I extracted firmware from official friendly desktop image and unzip to /lib/firmware/rkwifi/ and wifi works. I'm a newbie and hope this could be fixed properly soon. For those new to linux like me, download the attachment, extract everything to /lib/firmware/rkwifi/, reboot and wifi should be there. ap6212.zip

  2. I've got a Rock64 1GB (rk3328) running Focal with the legacy 4.4 kernel. I've compiled and installed from source various things like libmali, libdrm, mpp, ffmpeg, and gstreamer, and have successfully gotten ffmpeg and gstreamer to do hardware decoding and gstreamer doing hardware video encoding. I also managed to compile and install xserver 1.20 from the rockchip-linux Github and have it running a barebones LXDE installation. I am now setting my sights on Kodi. I have stock LibreELEC installed and working on another sdcard, but my TV only supports 50Hz, 59.96Hz, and 60Hz refresh rates, meaning that 23.976fps content does not play smoothly. I've read enough to …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.8k views
  3. Started by kingflab,

    Hi Guys, I bought a new Rock64 and try to connect a CC1101 FM Transmitter (CC1101 wiring with the Raspberry Pi) which communicates over spi with the Rock64. How can I activate spidev on the Rock64? I tried to add spidev to the armbianEnv.txt: verbosity=1 console=both ethaddr=02:38:a0:82:2d:c0 eth1addr=02:38:a0:82:2e:c1 overlay_prefix=sun8i-h3 rootdev=UUID=52ddb7ff-487f-4f7c-8606-4e27c00ab708 rootfstype=ext4 overlays=spi-spidev user_overlays=spi-spidev param_spidev_spi_bus=0 param_spidev_max_freq=100000000 usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u But spidev is not appearing in /dev/ . I only used Raspberry PI's befo…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.4k views
  4. I have an AD-Z33 V1.2 which has the same rockchip as the xt-q8l-v10 but I cannot get it to start in Maskrom mode for eemc/bootloader flashing. Can anyone shed some light on how I can do this?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 690 views
  5. I am using rk3588-sd-debian-bookworm-core-6.1-arm64-20250123.img.gz It is excellent asides from lacking NPU support. Before I go down the path of learning kernel compilation and scanning poorly documented Rockchip repositories, has anyone got a current version of Armbian that includes NPU support? If not, is there any good guide to using a cross-compile system and integrating third part drivers?. On a slightly different topic I would prefer to not use fuse file systems and run off the NVME drive directly. Are there any resources on this?

  6. Started by nightseas,

    I'm starting to add RK3399 to Armbian, in my spare time. Here's the board I got, RK3399 official EVB, which spent me 500CNY (~63EURO) on Taobao, quite cheap comparing to Firefly. https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.1f30a53flpk7IA&id=554454257549&_u=31t0eea9a1c Spec: - Rockchip RK3399 (2xA72 + 4xA53, Mali T860 MP4) - 4GBytes Dual channel LPDDR3 (64-bit in total) - 8GBytes eMMC, Micro SD Slot - USB 3.0 Type-A, USB Type-C (DP over Type-C), USB2.0, HDMI - 1G Ethernet - Raspberry Pi compatible 2x20 pin header - Other interfaces: PCIe 2.0 x4, MIPI CSI & DSI, eDP, LVDS.... …

  7. I am working on a new version of the Luckfox Core3566 Board and Patches, as well as adding the Orange PI CM4 board to Armbian. Both rely on the Rockchip RK3566. Luckfox Core3566 Starting with the Core3566: The current board is just the vendor u-boot and kernel. It lacks PCIe support, but surely it is helpful to be as near to manufacturer configuration in their patches. My board config on the other side is not supporting the vendor specific patches, but based on a clean u-boot v2025.10 and runs nicely with current and edge kernels and also runs smoothly with nvme storage. The luckfox-core3566 config is currently maintainerless, but maybe users would lik…

  8. Started by humanus,

    Hello, These boards (Radxa Rock 2F and Rock 2A) have standard support so there should probably be a forum section for them. In its absence, I created this topic in the section for the most "similar" board. Currently, we only have the `vendor` kernel available for both. It seems that both of them have been mainlined in 6.18, as seen here for example: https://www.cnx-software.com/2025/12/01/linux-6-18-release-main-changes-arm-risc-v-and-mips-architectures/ The config file for the board currently looks like this: # Rockchip RK3528 quad core 1-4GB SoC WIFI/BT 0-32GB eMMC BOARD_NAME="ROCK 2F" BOARDFAMILY="rk35xx" BOOTCONFIG="rock-…

  9. My device is Station-M3. I download "Armbian 23.8 Bookworm Cinnamon image" and burn it to a sd card.When armbian startup ,display response is very slow and Cinnamon process occupy 150% and above cpu usage.So I decide to "Enable 3D Acceleration".I do this as follow: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/panfork-mesa sudo add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/rockchip-multimedia sudo apt update sudo apt dist-upgrade when dist-upgrade has done,something wrong about libc6, maybe because V2.36 is replaced by V2.35.Then the whole system come to unstable,reboot only bring kernel Panic! I decide to burn the image again,but how can I enable GP…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.8k views
  10. Started by Roger08,

    Hi all, i have install on armian buster 10 on my Helios64. After the installation and the first config OMV 5 i see only two plug ins with 0 Bytes??? I have no experience and I'm asking for help!

  11. I installed panfrost but glxinfo still lists the device as llvmpipe. I'm using Armbian_23.02.2_Rockpi-4cplus_jammy_current_5.15.93_gnome_desktop running wayland. This is how I built panfrost meson . build/ -Dvulkan-drivers= -Dgallium-drivers=panfrost -Dllvm=disabled ninja -C build/ ninja -C build/ install i have no idea what to do next because there is no errors that I can find and I was under the impression that with a kernel 5.1> it is supposed to work. Any help is appreciated

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.2k views
  12. Actuaylly, I have a two problem. First is, If I print large outputs, It's out was unpredictable. $PS1 randomly added ...snip... ], "locs": [ "ALX", "SOP", "PNX", "NYC" ], "jbound": "0.010000", "tbound": "0.05" } ] } 20220908.04:53:56 root@openskyr2s:~# , <<<<<<--------------------- really randomly appeared my $PS1 in output / Even I use less/more, it sometimes happens. "val1": 4, "val2": 0, "subkey1": [ "blah" ], "filters": [ ...snip... Second is, Prints large outputs(jq , cat) to default console few times, I …

  13. hi thanks for this excellent device wished it was not sold out and had hdmi though X-D https://dwaves.de/2024/12/24/test-review-benchmark-armbian-gnu-linux-on-rockpi-e-rk3588-armv8-no-gpu-but-desktop-via-x11vnc-and-xvfb-how-to-download-run-geekbench-v5-v6-arm-x86-out-of-ram-fixed-risc-v-faster/ https://shop.allnetchina.cn/products/copy-of-rock-pi-e?variant=31974543425638 but it's possible to run full desktop virtualized installed https://www.armbian.com/rockpie/ running fine and dandy until one fine day, thought about, let's upgrade this thing: after: apt update apt upgrade reboot only 1x nic s…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.4k views
  14. 6 days ago I did a usual "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" which brought up the following output: rock@rock-3a:~$ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get -y autoremove && sudo apt-get -y autoclean OK:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye InRelease OK:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates InRelease OK:3 http://security.debian.org bullseye-security InRelease OK:5 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports InRelease OK:4 https://box64.debian.ryanfortner.dev/debian ./ InRelease …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4k views
  15. I have Rockpi 4b v1.4 and Armbian 20.05, kernel 5.4.49, installed and booted from NVME drive. For last months survived all minor Armbian updates, but after upgrading to 20.08 ( to kernel 5.8.10) board doesn't want boot. Steps to reproduce: 1.1 get Armbian_20.05.3_Rockpi-4b_buster_current_5.4.45.img.xz and write it to EMMC. 1.2 Boot board from EMMC, apt-get update, apt-get upgrade. Kernel upgrades from 5.4.49 to 5.8.12 1.3 Reboot. Board reboots fine. 2.1 get Armbian_20.05.3_Rockpi-4b_buster_current_5.4.45.img.xz and write it to NVME drive. Add fdtfile=rockchip/rk3399-rock-pi-4.dtb and overlays=pcie-gen2 to armbianEnv.txt. …

  16. I'm having an aggressive memory leak issue I can't place: Within 5 minutes the 4GB are full. htop and top don't show a massive program growing unbouded. `df` doesn't show a tmpfs that is too large. Only `slabtop` is imforative: OBJS ACTIVE USE OBJ SIZE SLABS OBJ/SLAB CACHE SIZE NAME 26638624 26638624 99% 0.12K 832457 32 3329828K kmalloc-128 So `kmalloc-128` is growing without bounds. As I understand it kmalloc is a collection of smaller memory allocations? I've tried using a previous kernel version (5.10.16 and 5.10.12) but nada. I've disabled docker, and that along with omv were the only services running…

  17. Radxa's github page indicates that the aic8800 wifi modules were updated a while ago to facilitate use with kernels 6.12 and 6.13. I don't see that the aic8800-sdio-dkms_3.0+ module works on the Rock 3c, in spite of the latest update. See my dkms build log below. The net result is no wifi on the Rock 3c with current Armbian kernels. @amazingfate - I noticed that you worked on these modules in the past, would you be able to assist? DKMS make.log for aic8800-sdio-3.0+git20240327.3561b08f-3 for kernel 6.12.17-current-rockchip64 (aarch64) Fri 7 Mar 09:54:35 GMT 2025 make: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-6.12.17-current-rockchip64'…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 12.5k views
  18. Hi there, I have a rockpi 4b running armbian bionic desktop legacy kernel 4.4y on a 128 GB emmc module, I’d like to use this machine as a server. I was just tinkering around with Plex, .bashrc and crontab while all of a sudden the keyboard mapping over RDP changed (e.g. > became ;, ~ became @ etc) (indication of the problem?). I tried to fix this by changing the system keyboard layout and running dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration, this all didnt work. I decided to reboot the machine to see if that would work. After the reboot I could not connect to either RDP or SSH so I decided to connect the machine to a HDMI monitor. This resulted in the following o…

  19. Hello I was finishing setting up my Helios64 (system installed on emmc) with Openmediavault (luks + snapraid + mergerfs + samba) on 3 disks, everything was working and I thought I should reboot to make sure that it is indeed the case (especially making sure that luks locked disks would not be an issue). An what a surprise, after booting up I couldn't ssh in so I connect the serial to log in as root. It seems that all services are dead like below. # service ssh status ● ssh.service - OpenBSD Secure Shell server Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/ssh.service; enabled; vendor preset: enab Active: inactive (dead) Docs: man:sshd(8) man:sshd_co…

  20. Started by laurent.gluck,

    Hello, I have been looking for the solution to give access to the GPIO from the PI user for several weeks, does anyone have the solution? For information, I use a RockPI 4B+ under Armbian 22.11.4. Thank you in advance for your help. Regards Laurent

  21. Started by DiegoBM,

    I've a set of Orange Pi 5 Max boards, all of them mounting fast NVME units. My plan was to use micro SD card to host the OS, but delegate all intensive writing (log, tmp) to a special partition on the NVME unit which will be used for OS and Application data (both for performance, and to extend the lifetime of the SD card). That way I can flash the OS disk as needed without worrying about flashing the data disk with it. I've seen that Armbian uses zram by default, but I'd like to keep the entire RAM available for the applications that will be running in the boards (NVME should be fast enough to not notice a massive impact vs using the RAM). As I have seen disab…

  22. Started by DiegoCar96,

    Hi, I want to know if there is another way to power the Nanopc-t4 besides the 12V input power jack. As far as I know the 12V power input is the only way but If someone have another idea or way to do power the board, it could be very helpful for me. Thanks.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  23. Started by maximilian fletkar,

    Hello everyone. I want to try to connect a custom AMOLED DSI display with orangepi 3b https://www.phoenixdisplay.com/product/color-displays/oled/at043qhd3008/ And there is practically no information. Maybe someone has seen or encountered similar problems? Do I understand correctly that the dts section on brightness adjustment does not need to be written, because AMOLED as such does not have a backlight? Is it possible to run such a display using simple-panel-dsi? Another interesting question is how to organize the power supply for such a display? It needs different voltages from 1.8 to 4.6 V

  24. Started by pkfox,

    I've recently used armbian-install to enable booting from my nvme/ssd drive and all appears to be working fine. However, I'm curious to know, why, the device is mounted twice as shown below. The / mount point is in /etc/fstab but where/how does the device get mounted again on /var/log.hdd. mount|grep nvme /dev/nvme0n1p1 on / type ext4 (rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro,commit=120) /dev/nvme0n1p1 on /var/log.hdd type ext4 (rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro,commit=120)

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4.8k views
  25. We have been stuck on version 6.1 for almost half a year ever since the initial attempt to migrate to 6.12 caused some issues with HDMI if I remember correctly. Anyone knows if 6.12 or 6.14 are still in the works for this SBC? Thank you!

  26. Is there any working image for orangepi5-pro? I am having trouble to understand a few things in the https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-5-pro/ It says: But downloding the image on that page brings Armbian_community_25.8.0-trunk.38_Orangepi5pro_bookworm_vendor_6.1.115_minimal.img.xz which is version 25.8.0 and that image wont boot.

  27. Seems like a great little box, but Radxa doesn't have much info about the hardware side of it. Simple stuff like accessing the LEDs and buttons when running Armbian. Posted on the Radxa website but no replies, so just curious if anyone has dug into it at all?

  28. If so how'd ya do it!?!? My personal experience had been a rock solid device on the original official Debian Armbian image (Linux Kernel: 5.10), and OMV5. It never went down unless I manually rebooted, and I never needed any CPU governor changes, voltage changes or otherwise to keep it stable. Reading so much stuff about OMV5 being end of life made me pull the trigger on upgrade to OMV6 along with the kernel upgrade that OMV did automatically, at the time unaware of the state of Kobol and Armbian support. Now I get about 1-2 days on average before it KPs and I have to hit the reset button. Tried the CPU underclocking, performa…

  29. Hi all, For most Nanopi devices there are packages in the registry which contain the u-boot files, for example: https://mirrors.dotsrc.org/armbian-apt/pool/main/l/linux-u-boot-nanopi-r4s-current/ Is there a reason these packages aren't present for the Nanopi R6S? The reason behind this question is that I used to extract the u-boot from these packages to experiment with other OS'es which have no official release for a certain device. Of course I can get the u-boot from the downloadable images its first couple bytes, but downloading just the package is way smaller. If there is another source to obtain the u-boot blobs I am all ears. …

  30. Started by pkfox,

    Hi all, is it ok to run apt update and apt upgrade on @pask M4 v2 image - just thinking something might alter the bootloader

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2k views
  31. when updating my orange pi 5, I got the following error. What can I do to fix it? ``` update-initramfs: Armbian: Symlinking /boot/uInitrd-5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx to /boot/uInitrd ln: failed to create symbolic link '/boot/uInitrd': Operation not permitted update-initramfs: Symlink failed, moving /boot/uInitrd-5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx to /boot/uInitrd renamed '/boot/uInitrd-5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx' -> '/boot/uInitrd' update-initramfs: Armbian: done. ```

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 2.9k views
  32. To prevent APT from installing <other-device> kernels that will render an installation useless I did the following: To see which kernel is running: $ uname -r 6.11.2-current-rockchip-rk3588 To see which kernels are installed: $ dpkg --get-selections 'linux-image*' inux-image-current-rockchip-rk3588 install linux-image-edge-rockchip-rk3588 install Its clear to see that I need "rockchip-rk3588" kernels and not the other 1000+ so wonderfully provides. Now that I know which kernel is used and which are not, I will allow and block what I need: $ sudo nano /etc/apt/preferences.d/kernel The fi…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  33. @Contributor/Maintainer AR-1172 - fix complete 08 May 2022 There is was a bug in the 5.15, 5.16 and 5.17 kernel r8152 driver that affected RTL8153b Gigabit USB Ethernet (LAN0) on the Orange Pi R1plus LTS and other boards. The bug only presents on high load and I can trigger it reliably with bidirectional high load on Orange Pi R1plus LTS. The bug kills the RX interface and it requires power down to reset. I assume that it also affects the Orange Pi R1plus, and there are reports of it affecting NanoPi R2S. I would assume that other boards could be impacted. My proposed fix is to revert the driver back to the version used in 5.10 kernel (and to disa…

  34. Hi I found the following page https://www.armbian.com/rockpi4/ but I guess those files are for rock pi 4 and not rock pi 4 c? It has a link to 4 c plus images https://fi.mirror.armbian.de/dl/rockpi-4cplus/archive/ but they only contain bullseye? So are there any plans for rockpi 4 c plus to have a bookworm image? Are there any github pipelines that build them where I could send a pull request? (not that my c or c++ compilation skills are existing but I would be happy to give it a try).

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 5.8k views
  35. Started by TijuanaKez,

    Had my Helios up and running for a few months now running off SD card, but there was a message (can't remember where) to not make the install you 'final' setup as things were still in development. I've been keeping track of the 'what works and doesn't' , but as there are no updates in 6 weeks, is the general consensus that we've reached stability and its time to transfer to the eMMC?

  36. Hi, Is TrustZone being utilized at all? I can't seem to find any documentation on what execution level Kobal is running at during boot. I assume it's dropping the Kernel into EL2? Cheers

  37. Fresh install of Armbian_21.05.1_Rockpi-4b_buster_current_5.10.35 Ran apt update/upgrade Reboot arm-config>softy>install linux headers It seems to be affecting the latest release only. Tested with Armbian_21.02.3_Rockpi-4b_buster_current_5.10.21 and it works until it's upgraded. I also tried disabling kernel upgrades before upgrading and still received this error.

  38. Started by balbes150,

    A test version of Armbian images to run from NVMe without having to write the curve of the official u-boot version to SPI (which breaks the launch of other systems from SD cards and other media). The whole system works completely with NVMe . https://disk.yandex.ru/d/V5AxXNN2yJnOfg The installation of the system on NVMe and u-boot in SPI was checked using the standard tools of the armbian-config utility. Everything works correctly. Also in this new u-boot, the ability to start the system in EFI mode is available. To install a system with EFI\grub on NVMe. Install a new bootloader in SPI. Start the system from the SD card and burn …

  39. Started by jrstarke,

    I tried the "Armbian_22.11.1_Rock-5b_bullseye_legacy_5.10.72.img.xz" image on my Rock 5B. It worked on an SD card, but when I loaded it on an NVME drive on the build in M.2 slot, it worked with neither the SPI Boot image with armbian-install.sh, nor the SPI image from radxa. When I have SPI loaded, and I have the SD Card installed, it just seems to load from the SD Card. When I remove the SD card, and boot the system. It seems to just stay with the LED with the blue and green elements on. I've waited several minutes without it booting. I was able to get it to successfully boot once, but never again.

    • Reputation Points

    • 21 replies
    • 14k views
  40. Started by SIGSEGV,

    Just got the notification to update After the reboot all seems good - iSCSI is now supported out of the box. Will wait for the official images to be pushed to the downloads page to try and setup a clean install + overlay FS to document my customizations.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  41. After the official release of Armbian 20.11 today I would like to collect feedback if and how the firmware runs on the Helios64. Is it possible to upgrade already or should we Helios64 owners wait? apt-get lists these already... armbian-config/buster,buster 20.11 all [upgradable from: 20.08.22] armbian-firmware/buster,buster 20.11 all [upgradable from: 20.08.22] libgssapi-krb5-2/stable,stable 1.17-3+deb10u1 arm64 [upgradable from: 1.17-3] libk5crypto3/stable,stable 1.17-3+deb10u1 arm64 [upgradable from: 1.17-3] libkrb5-3/stable,stable 1.17-3+deb10u1 arm64 [upgradable from: 1.17-3] libkrb5support0/stable,stable 1.17-3+deb10u1 arm64 [upgradable f…

  42. I'm using Armbian 20.11.1 Focal (5.9.11-rockchip64) on my Helios64. When there's heavier load via ethernet (SFTP to a SATA Ultrastar 12TB disk) for something like more than an hour, the entire system will freeze. Not sure if it actually does freeze but I lose all SSH connections and cannot connect anymore via SSH unless I restart the Helios64. Happened today 4 times and it's totally reproducible. Haven't tested another drive yet. What makes this difficult to debug is that under /var/log/syslog or kern.log or faillog nothing relevant is being written as to in what state the device is. Is this a known issue? How can I find out what the problem i…

  43. Posting here following what was recommended on twitter. After updating my helios64 earlier this week and rebooting to get the new kernel, I realized it was suspiciously silent. A quick check to sensor temps readings and physical check made me realize the fan were not spinning. After a quick read on the wiki, I checked fancontrol which was indeed failing: root@helios64:~ # systemctl status fancontrol.service ● fancontrol.service - fan speed regulator Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/fancontrol.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled) Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/fancontrol.service.d └─pid.conf Active: failed (Result:…

  44. Guest

    I hope I am posting this in the right forum ? Just installed Armbian 22.05 Jammy XFCE. No audio either from the main board jack or the HDMI. Tested by playing mp3 with MPV and Celluloid as well as with Chromium Capture from armbianmonitor - U attached below or here http://ix.io/457n Any hints would be appreciated...I don't know how to investigate further this. No_Audio.txt

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.4k views
  45. Hello, i am pretty new to arm embedded. I have a Rock64 V3.0 2019-0626 So I downloaded Armbian 22.08 Jammy XFCE from https://www.armbian.com/rock64/ and copied it on a 265GB SanDisk Extreme microsd XC 1 V30 A2 using Balena Etcher. Boot process did work, but startxfc4 did not work. The system just went on a blackscreen, but i could still switch to another terminal with alt+f1 ... Best regards, Bo

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 6.4k views
  46. I tried to install Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_Rockpi-4b_bullseye_current_5.15.76_minimal.img.xz from https://github.com/radxa-build/rock-pi-4b/releases/tag/20221101-0235 After first reboot main partition goes readonly. Checking disk show free cluster records mismatch. It is not SD-card issue, because Ubuntu Server on same SD-card working perfectly.

  47. I have successfully built 21.08 and 22.02 branches for miqi (rockchip) with EXTRAWIFI=no only, but unfortunately 23.05 build fails with error: arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: error: unrecognized -march target: armv5 arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: note: valid arguments are: armv4 armv4t armv5t armv5te armv5tej armv6 armv6j armv6k armv6z armv6kz armv6zk armv6t2 armv6-m armv6s-m armv7 armv7-a armv7ve armv7-r armv7-m armv7e-m armv8-a armv8.1-a armv8.2-a armv8.3-a armv8.4-a armv8.5-a armv8.6-a armv8-m.base armv8-m.main armv8-r armv8.1-m.main iwmmxt iwmmxt2; did you mean ‘armv4’? arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: error: missing argument to ‘-march=’ Is there a way to get this to c…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.2k views
  48. flashing Armbian 23.5 Bookworm to tinkerboard 2. everything is working well except the USB otg.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  49. I successfully booted this one and connected over Ethernet. Haven't checked WiFi yet. However, the observation comparing to the original Rockchip's Jammy image: the serial port goes quiet after the U-Boot fires up the kernel. The bootloader on the board and the _original_ kernel use non-standard 1500000 baudrate serial speed for the console. I haven't looked into Armbian's guts yet, but I assume it's a matter of right kernel boot arguments for this board to actually spit out kernel output over serial. What I'm not sure is if the console can be cloned between serial and UI over HDMI (console on the frame buffer if I'm right). I'm open to…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.7k views
  50. I just installed Armbian 5.88 for Rock Pi 4B and bluetooth is not working. I'm using ARMBIAN 5.88 stable Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.4.180-rockchip64 Do you need further information? Got it working without compiling the new kernel. i manually ran the last steps of https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/sources/rockchip64.conf and copied rk3399-bluetooth.service and brcm_patchram_plus_rk3399 onto the device and set up the service... after a reboot Bluetooth is working fine. Thats great!

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.1k views
  51. Hi, sorry, prop. a stupid question - but I was so far not figuring out the answer. I have a helios64 running - pretty standard installation, including openmediavault and docker, as described on the kobol help page. I realized that there are some firewall/iptables rules are set, as example: tester@helios64:/etc# sudo iptables -L Chain INPUT (policy DROP) target prot opt source destination ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere ctstate RELATED,ESTABLISHED ACCEPT icmp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp d…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 10.3k views
  52. Started by greg396,

    Dear H64-Friends, I've got the Armbian Debian installed with Linux Kernel 5.10 and Open Media Vault (OMV). I just use the basic functions for backing up files, nothing extraordinary. I am wondering what's the best strategy to update the Helios64 system concerning stability and getting no errors for backing up files (automatic USB-Backups). Keep it always up to date if there's an update available in OMV? Or just wait some weeks?

  53. Hi, Tested the current build (Armbian_19.11.3_Rockpi-4b_buster_current_5.3.11_desktop.7z) on a Rock Pi 4 v1.3. Working well so far the past couple of hours. Its an amazing feeling to be able to run the mainline kernel with so little issues. Some minor things: The Red Led keeps on blinking with this build. Earlier it only blinked if there was error while booting. New to this board, so this maybe incorrect. I booted up Radxa image and there also red light was blinking. Sound via 3.5 mm jack not working. Inserted earphone, no output. Sound via HDMI works. Thanks for your work. Edit- System info: aaditya…

  54. Started to test Armbian_19.11.5_Rockpi-4b_buster_current_5.4.6.img and I could not boot off of the eMMC. So I put Armbian_19.11.5_Rockpi-4b_buster_current_5.4.6.img on an SD card and formatted my eMMC. I was then able to get the Rock Pi 4 to boot successfully. It looks like the kernel can not initialize the eMMC. Here are some messages from dmesg on boot: [ 53.338988] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: IDMAC supports 32-bit address mode. [ 53.339028] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: Using internal DMA controller. [ 53.339048] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: Version ID is 270a [ 53.339126] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: DW MMC controller at irq 28,32 bit host …

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 7.3k views
  55. Hi, I just bought a Rock Pi4B v1.4 recently. I tried to boot it with https://dl.armbian.com/rockpi-4b/Debian_buster_default_desktop.7z and https://dl.armbian.com/rockpi-4b/Ubuntu_bionic_default_desktop.7z However it was all in vain. I also had tried SDCard and emmc but none of them worked. Any suggestion? Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 14 replies
    • 10k views
  56. I downloaded "Armbian Lunar XFCE desktop" image from https://www.armbian.com/tinkerboard-2/ and mounted it to the SD card. Then I booted the board but it couldn't boot. Only the red LED is on. The tinker os can boot and work well. The red LED is on and the green LED keeps blinking. How could I do to boot Armbian on this board?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.6k views
  57. Hi All, I'm struggling with my Orange PI 5 Plus and various Armbian Flavors for 3 days. My Preferred DE, Armbian_25.8.1_Orangepi5-plus_noble_vendor_6.1.115_kde-neon_desktop, after all setup on second boot... failed msg: wait until boot finishes... XFCE, Sound does not work over HDMI. Finally, Armbian_25.8.1_Orangepi5-plus_trixie_vendor_6.1.115_cinnamon_desktop, is doing well. Except for, I'm missing start button. If I want Firefox, I have to open it via cmd If I want to capture screen... I dont know even the name to call via cmd... See my Phone shot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d6K4i_yshHCrKvXR-1…

  58. I have an orange pi 5b running Armbian_24.2.1_Orangepi5_bookworm_legacy_5.10.160_cinnamon_desktop on EMMC just fine. i wanted to try a newer version with hardware acceleration so i tried Armbian_24.11.2_Orangepi5_bookworm_current_6.12.0_cinnamon-backported-mesa_desktop. I edited the file in the boot folder and could see the EMMC on reboot. i did a sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade. then an armbian-install to install it to the EMMC. it would not boot from the EMMC but i could at least still see it. Then i tried Armbian_24.11.2_Orangepi5_bookworm_vendor_6.1.75_cinnamon-backported-mesa_desktop and did the same but now i cant see the EMMC even with the ori…

  59. Hi guys, in my job they bought a orangepi r1+LTS. i trying install armbian any version (last Debian and Ubuntu) but this don’t work. When boot system nothing happens… the led red still off and port Ethernet freezing(two lights on). Already installed Debian and Ubuntu of the official page orangepi, and system working without problems im using good sd card and official charger of the raspberrypi 4 How to solve this problem? In internet I don’t found much information thank u for read me

    • Reputation Points

    • 25 replies
    • 13k views
  60. After a ton of time porting the dts for modern kernels, i have a working release for the Bobcat 300 29X Variant To compile https://github.com/sicXnull/armbian-build/tree/Bobcat-29x . ./compile.sh build BOARD=bobcat-29x BRANCH=current BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=yes EXPERT=yes KERNEL_BTF=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=NO KERNEL_GIT=shallow RELEASE=bookworm Link to Prebuilt Armbian-unofficial_26.02.0-trunk_Bobcat-29x_bookworm_current_6.18.4.img.xz First check to see if you have a compatible version. Flip the unit over and check the serial number. It will start with G290 or 295. This does not work on 28 or 285. How to Flash 1) In…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 5.5k views
  61. Started by Igor,

    https://www.armbian.com/odroid-m1/ - kernel 6.1.y LTS

  62. Started by fever_wits,

    Hello, I don't know if I'm posting in the right section, if I'm wrong, please excuse me and move the topic to the correct section or tell me which section to write in. I will soon be the proud owner of a NanoPi R6S and would be happy if I could help create a working image for it. I don't have positive experience with compiling a kernel for SoC, but I can test images Regards,

  63. https://www.armbian.com/rock-5b/

  64. WIthout SD card, it boots normally, but if SD card is inserted, it won’t boot. On serial port, it is visible that there’s a crash right after the message that says something like “booting from eMMC”. The message includes the values of the registers IIRC. Then, something like “resetting CPU”, and it starts over: tries to boot from eMMC, crashes, etc. Sorry, I didn’t record the exact message, but there’s a chance I’ll re-flash the board in the next couple weeks and then I can provide the exact messages. I’ve tested it with Bionic minimal with 5.4 kernel and buster server with 5.4 kernel. If I insert the SD card later, it’s fine. Also, the official ubuntu bionic …

  65. Download: https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-r6s/ (unofficial WIP support)

  66. Started by LucD,

    Hello, I am new to this forum and struggling with some stuff on the Tinkerboard S R2.0. I use the CLI-version of Armbian Jammy of 23 october 2022. I have to activate several features. I think two of them might relate to 'missing firmware'. 1. Activating a AccessPoint: during the installation of raspAP I get a set of error on 'missing firmware'. 2. Installing a modem: not a single USB-device gets recognized by lsusb. I am stuck at the very beginning. lsusb is working on the xfce but we want a leaner system. I tried the latest TinkerOS but I require a more updated version of python (3.10) and I also would like to stick t…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  67. Hi friends... I understand that you have to be careful with the power supply and SD cards. For the above, I bought 2 power supplies (original) and several SD cards from different suppliers. After several attempts I can't get it to start from the sdcard (it only starts from the nvme). I burned the images on Linux (wipefs + dd + gparted) and Windows (SD Memory Card Formatter + balenaEtcher). Also, I used RKDevTool to burn the images to the sd card and nothing (evidently I deleted the spi content). --- begin part of the log --- U-Boot SPL board init U-Boot SPL 2017.09-gc060f28d70-220414 #zyf (Apr 18 2022 - 18:13:34) Failed to set cpub01 Faile…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2k views
  68. Started by Peba,

    http://www.bitkistl.com/2016/08/miqi-sbc-v10-hands-on.html https://forum.mqmaker.com/t/miqi-use-hw-pack-to-port-other-linux-distros/497 Would it be useful to have armbian on this device ? Best Regards, Peter http://www.bitkistl.com

  69. Hi, First of all, kudos to the entire Armbian team! I am fond of SBC Linux systems, and having a single minimalistic distro for all of them is a great initiative. 👏 I am trying to boot Armbian on my Orange Pi 3B without success using the following vendor images: Armbian_community_24.8.0-trunk.369_Orangepi3b_bookworm_vendor_6.1.43_minimal.img Armbian_community_24.8.0-trunk.399_Orangepi3b_bookworm_vendor_6.1.43_minimal.img The following edge images work fine: Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi3b_bookworm_edge_6.6.2.img Armbian_community_24.8.0-trunk.399_Orangepi3b_bookworm_edge_6.9.9_minimal.img …

  70. Started by LeCaNo,

    I don't know if this is the right subforum for this question. Would Armbian be possible for the PineTab2?

  71. Hi guys, I still have two 21.5-inch tablets here, on which I would like to install Armbian. The mainboard is a Sunchip AD-Z33 V1.1 with an RK3288 on board. The board has 2GB RAM and 8 GB flash memory. However, it also has an LVDS slot to which the touchdisplay is connected. Here you can see the equipment in detail: https://www.embeddedsystemboard.com/sale-11364924-rk3288-industrial-arm-board-multi-function-linux-os-i2c-interface-touch-screen.html Do you think that Armbian runs on it and that the functions are still available? Or maybe an RK3288 ArmbianTV box version could run on this as an alternative?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
  72. Not sure if this is board-specific, but filing here anyway. After installing armbian from Armbian_23.5.1_Nanopineo3_bookworm_current_6.1.30.img.xz , apt doesn't find the key for the armbian repository. root@nanopi:/tmp# apt update Hit:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm InRelease Hit:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-updates InRelease Hit:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-backports InRelease Hit:4 http://security.debian.org bookworm-security InRelease Hit:5 http://fastmirror.pp.ua/armbian bookworm InRelease Err:5 http://fastmirror.pp.ua/armbian bookworm InRelease The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not availa…

  73. Started by bp2ija2j,

    I'm owner of a rock 5b with an nvme drive installed. I'm already running Armbian_23.02.2_Rock-5b_bullseye_legacy_5.10.110 from the nvme. I want try the edge images but I cannot boot them from the SD. I have tried with Armbian_23.05.0-trunk-e33842ef2_Rock-5b_lunar_edge_6.2.9 and Armbian_23.05.0-trunk-e33842ef2_Rock-5b_lunar_legacy_5.10.110 Am I missing something?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.9k views
  74. As topics title, did anyone manage to get the Raspberry Pi Touch Screen (DSI) work with the Rock Pi 4B running Armbian? Should it be working out of the box like with the TinkerBoard? Note that in my setup the display works with the Radxa Debian 9 image. Thanks guys

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.3k views
  75. Started by cbake886,

    Whats the SSH password? i plugged it in and can see the device grab an IP but the default username "pi" and password "armbian" does not work when attempting to ssh in.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 10.7k views
  76. Started by Weenig,

    Hi all! I have Armbian installed on a rock 4SE (Tagged as 4B as it uses the same image i believe) as the base for an OpenMediaVault. Yesterday i installed the latest version of Bookworm, as i am running OMV7 and that, as far as i can tell, does not work on Trixie. I am not ready to upgrade to Trixie/OMV8, as im not sure there is support for my Penta sata hat yet. My issue is that if i install the updates, either through OMV interface, or apt, the device does not boot after applying the updates. As far as i can tell from logs etc. something is either wrong with loading the kernel image on boot, or with the image itself. If i install Armbian, and then OMV, ev…

  77. All armbian images with 5.x kernel are not working for me. I found working variant of 5.x kernel here - https://github.com/qxhome/rk3568-kernel5.10-alldrivers but it have problems with firewall and docker Does anybody have other variants?

  78. Started by Madams500,

    Hello, I have been able to boot the offical debian image recommend for the rock pi 5b from a NVME SSD. This is after updating the SPI using the windows software. I now cant seem to get armbian to boot from NVME or SD card. I have serial access to the Rock 5b and get the following see attached. Anyone able to point me in the correct direction. I think i need to flash the rock pi so it boots from SD once more. Thanks Matt Rock 5b Armbian fail.txt

  79. I've downloaded this but there are a few issues. The verification procedures: Verify GPG signature: gpg --verify Armbian_20.05.2_Nanopi-r2s_buster_current_5.4.43.img.asc Verify image file integrity: sha256sum --check Armbian_20.05.2_Nanopi-r2s_buster_current_5.4.43.img.sha should include the .xz Verify GPG signature: gpg --verify Armbian_20.05.2_Nanopi-r2s_buster_current_5.4.43.img.xz.asc Verify image file integrity: sha256sum --check Armbian_20.05.2_Nanopi-r2s_buster_current_5.4.43.img.xz.sha However with the gpg gpg --verify Armbian_20.05.2_Nanopi-r2s_buster_current_5.4.43.img.xz.asc gpg: assuming signed data in 'Armbian_20.…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  80. Just like other times i burned sdcard and inserted latest version of Armbian_24_11, changed armbianEnv.txt to 5b and installed to emmc using armbian-installer. At the end i updated bootloader and emmc disappeared. I tried most of images and last image that is not bricking is Armbian_24.5.3_Orangepi5_bookworm_vendor_6.1.43_minimal.img.xz (link). Unbrick: 1) Reinstall Orangepi OS using document in the link on emmc. After installation is compete emmc will be back. 2) Reinstall Armbian lower than 24_11. The one that i found in archive that worked is 24.5.3.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  81. Hello, I just need to check the NPU driver version on my Orange Pi 5 with Armbian_24.11.2_Orangepi5_noble_current_6.12.0-kisak My command is sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/rknpu/version but error No such file or directory Is there NPU driver on this Armbian OS?

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 3.3k views
  82. Hi guys! I would like to know why this is happening. I guess the script doesnt identify my sd card as the sd card and it erase it just like it does with emmc before clonning the sd card to the emmc. I use latest armbian focal.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
  83. Started by richardk,

    My armbian-config went missing. I know it was there before, but apparently somehow I deleted it. "find / -mount -type f -name armbian-config" gets no hits. Is there a package I can refresh to get it back? Thanks.

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 5.4k views
  84. I had a need to change the macaddress of this device, after looking through the bootloader I spotted 2 offsets: 0x380400 macaddress NIC1 0x380406 macaddress NIC2 I would love an option in the installer, but I did it manually now: # dd if=/dev/mmcblk2 bs=16M count=1 of=bootloader 1+0 records in 1+0 records out 16777216 bytes (17 MB, 16 MiB) copied, 0,0736928 s, 228 MB/s # read_mac bootloader 0x380400 9c:d5:dc:b2:ce:1c # write_mac bootloader 0x380400 $(random_mac) write_mac bootloader 0x380400 $(random_mac) # read_mac bootloader 0x380400 b0:3f:1a:83:9a:da After scripting a couple of functions of course: ### Functi…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  85. Not recognizing network adapter.

  86. Board orangepi4b uname -a Linux orangepi4 5.10.63-rockchip64 #21.08.2 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 8 10:57:23 UTC 2021 aarch64 GNU/Linux Got syntax error on armbianmonitor -u: armbianmonitor -u "System diagnosis information will now be uploaded to syntax error at or near "" Please post the URL in the forum where you've been asked for" set -x armbianmonitor -u Network/firewall problem detected. Not able to upload debug info. Please fix this or use "-U" instead and upload whole output manually attached file err is output from armbianmonitor -U Anyway I had to reflash after a microSD broke. Previously I used 4.4.…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.2k views
  87. Hello Dear, After flashing *Armsom-cm5-rpi-cm4-io_*, there is one critical problem. onboard USB hub always connects and disconnects 2 times when booting. dmesg outputs: [ 6.190239] hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found … [ 7.868081] rk-pcie 2a200000.pcie: PCIe Link Fail, LTSSM is 0x3, hw_retries=0 [ 7.868642] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 2 … [ 9.326443] hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found … [ 11.213062] rk-pcie 2a200000.pcie: PCIe Link Fail, LTSSM is 0x3, hw_retries=1 [ 11.213297] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 4 I have tried with many variations, but the onboard hub is always disconnected. server/desktop community release/ self build …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  88. Started by ethicaldesign,

    I have the latest revision of the armsom sige 5. This board has an updated Wi-Fi chip set. It was changed from RTL wireless to a Broadcom chip connecting to the rk3576 with SDIO 3.0. I grabbed the latest Armbian image and it appears in the device tree It is still referencing the RTL Wi-Fi device. has anyone encountered this and found a solution? Or has gotten Wi-Fi working? I’ve attached the device tree. sige5.dts

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.4k views
  89. Started by omgpaul,

    I'm trying to enable UART6, UART7, and UART10 via overlays on a sige5 board. UART6 AND UART7 are working fine but I'm not seeing UART10 in the /dev directory. Could someone help me debug this?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  90. ArmSoM-LM5 uses Rockchip RK3588, a new generation flagship eight-core 64-bit processor with a main frequency of up to 2.4GHz, a 6 TOPS computing power NPU, and can be equipped with a maximum of 32GB of large memory. It supports 8K video encoding and decoding and adopts LGA packaging, which has stronger transmission capability and stability. It has rich interfaces and supports multiple hard drives, Gigabit network, WiFi6, 5G/4G expansion and a variety of video input and output. Supports multiple operating systems; provides baseboard reference design materials, allowing users to customize in depth. Applicable to ARM PC, edge computing, cloud server, artificial intelligence,…

  91. I just received my Helios64 system and built it today. The build included 3 drives, a SSD in port 1 and two HHD's on port 2 and 3. After the build, I installed Debian Kernel: 5.8 on an micro SD card. The system booted but only showed the drives in port 2 and 3. I have moved the drive in port 1 to port 4, rebooted and the SSD drive shows up. Also, a HDD in port 1 does not show up: no blue Light on the front panel and not visible in "fdisk -l" . The output from ' dmesg | grep "ata" ' results in: Spoiler [ 0.000000] Memory: 3742212K/4061184K available (14460K kernel code, 2114K rwdata, 5920K rodata, 4160K init, 572K bss, 187900K reserved, 131072K …

  92. Started by succo,

    is there any way to send audio through displayport? i installed kodi, just as a database updater, but it fills the log with errors related to the audio system, and i see that aplay doesn't show any audio device, so another question is, is there any way to emulate an audio device? thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 3.2k views
  93. I am still trying unsuccessfully to get the sound through the rt5651 codec using the main line kernel (I use NanoPC-T4). I corrected the dts/dtb file and assembled the kernel module. The kernel performs i2s bus and codec switching. The corresponding audio device appears on the system. I start a alsamixer. I can change settings. When I change some settings, I can even hear clicks in the dynamic. So the codec chip is powered up. And the codec chip is controlled through the i2c bus. I can switch the audio output through the codec. But there is no sound. I can 't figure out what the reason is. The dts/dtb files for main line kernel and rockchip 4.4.xxx kernel are slightly dif…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2k views
  94. Started by Dantes,

    My audio volume was very very low, and very annoyingly I had to boost to 200% 300% which had the problem that the volume buttons were not working properly. You just cant see anything above 100% unless you go into the control panel. Now when it comes to audio I'm the village idiot, but I found a proper solution I think. After some experimentation I found that the module "module-cli-protocol-unix" ( #20 in my case) can be amplified with pactl set-sink-input-volume 20 10db Now YMMV depending on your attached hardware, so change the 10db to whatever suits your situation. After that I made it permanent by adding it to the /etc/pulse/default…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  95. Started by NickS,

    My NAS do very little overnight so my NAS4 shuts down in the evening and shortly afterwards a physical time switch cuts the power - reinstating power in the morning at which time the NAS4 automatically reboots. I want to do the same with the NAS64 - but even though I've read this (https://wiki.kobol.io/helios64/auto_poweron/) I'm not sure how to go about it. I can't understand if it only works if the UPS has died, or if I have to run a script before shutdown or both. Could you please clarify? Thx ... Nick

  96. When there is a kernel panic the fans stop which causes the HDD and CPU temperatures to rise unchecked. I've just come back to find my board has crashed again and the HDD temperatures had risen above 60c which is not good. Is there a watchdog or boot setting to automatically reset the processor after a kernel panic ?

  97. Hi, I would like to make backup(s) of my system. The system (debian) is installed on sata SSD @ slot 1. I would like to have the backup of the system written to zfs pool on the other slots as an image. Which in case of system SSD failure, I could write back to a new SSD installed on the same slot 1, by booting to a rescue system from micro sd card. Have this kind of functionality already been implemented? Or parts of it? Linux has a bunch of backup solutions, but I suspect they might not work with the helios64 box (sd card, internal ssd). And my only helios64 box is in "production" use, so "trial and error" method is not the first option in my min…

  98. Started by pkfox,

    Hi all, first off, I love my NanoPiM4V2 boards, the big drawback with them for me is backing them up, if you are running them from an eMMC and you have the board in a case, you have to remove the cover of the case, if you have a hat ( which I do ) you also have to remove that , then you can remove the eMMC module and clone or do whatever with it. What would be good for me, is, if I could temporarily boot from an sdcard , unmount the eMMC, and clone it for backup purposes. Before I ruin anything I thought I'd ask the experts. Is this doable ?

  99. Started by MikeDK,

    Hi! I have the problem that when I try to boot with any Kernel other than 4.4.x, U-boot gives me the "Bad ARM64 Image Magic" Error and stops booting. I can build my own 4.4 Kernels without any problem, those will boot fine. But If I try any newer kernel, for example a NEXT Kernel (package linux-image-next-rockchip), or a DEV Kernel (package linux-image-dev-rockchip), or even if I compile my own 5.3 Kernel, a boot attempt always results in the Bad Magic error. I also have this problem when I install a whole 5.3 Armbian Image (for example https://dl.armbian.com/rockpro64/Buster_current_desktop) I have three RK3399-…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4.6k views
  100. Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to switch from the current branch to the legacy one as I've read that the board will be much more stable with the older kernel ? I've installed my NanopiM4 last march, and I've experienced some random freezes of my board after some time (can take weeks). It seems that one of my solutions would be to use the legacy kernel as it is much more stable - information I got by reading the forums (something I haven't done before because I'm stupid and was in a hurry...). Is it possible to downgrade only the kernel at all ? Here are the packages that (I think) I have to replace : linux-bu…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 14.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.