Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Allwinner CPU Boxes

A place for discussion for TV Boxes using Allwinner CPUs (H6, etc)

  1. EDIT: Actually, armbian can't be installed with PhoenixSuit, I didn't know :/ I've already tried several images, 5+, but this error keeping appearing. Also, I would like a bookworm image for Allwinner H3Q44, if someone have one working good, please send it to me. UPDATE: This random img worked.

  2. Started by BigZero,

    I had X96 Mate from long time, which is 4GB/32GB with H616 CPU, (It is almost same as Tanix TS6s) Tried many images from orange pi for same chip, none worked perfectly. Found out Sunix Linux community got support for H616, but they don't build full OS images, After hell of searching found a repo from https://github.com/warpme/miniarch He hosts MiniArch SD card image which works on many devices, from same link got SD card image for Tanix tx6s which also worked on x96_Mate (both got H616) Here is the file I used - https://github.com/warpme/miniarch/releases/download/20230106-6.1.5-g78293cd3/MiniArch-20230106-6.1.5-board-h616.tanix_tx6…

  3. Started by jwillb00,

    Hi everyone, I'm recently obtained a TV box from a local store (seems like they sell Amazon returns or something, but they just have a bunch of random stuff). After installing AIDA64, I learned that it's running an Allwinner H616 CPU and has 4GB of RAM. It is able to boot warpme's MiniArch build for the Tanix TX6S, and I extracted the DTB from the Android build on the eMMC. My question is, where do I go from here? I'd like to build a custom Armbian image to support my device. When I try booting the Armbian image for the Orange Pi Zero 2, it gives an error over my serial monitor about a bad DRAM configuration which I expected since apparently these boxes have DRAM chi…

  4. I have device X10 Plus TV BOX 4/32 same smae Rtv 10x 4/32 How to get file image or build for device It run Allwinner H6 Link product I find fourm but cannot get the file

  5. I have installed Armbian 23 Linux on my TX6 ATV box. I downloaded the image from the SMLinux repo. It was a kernel 6 build with Armbian 23 Jammy version. I added the Oibaf PPA for the graphics driver, then I installed Ubuntu Desktop. Luckily, I got graphics acceleration with the GNOME desktop, but it was laggy ui. I confirmed graphics acceleration using the glxinfo command and also tried glxgears. It was working pretty smoothly, like 60 FPS, same as my monitor refresh rate. Well, everything was great, but then when I tried to use Firefox and watch YouTube, it was so choppy and laggy. YouTube UI took 2 minutes to load. …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.2k views
  6. * Manufacturer: Allwinner * Model: TV BOX * Brand: Allwinner * Board: exdroid (H3Q44_V4.0_20200602) * Device: dolphin-fvd-p1 * Hardware: sun8iw7p1 * Platform: dolphin * Product: dolphin_fvd_p1 * Serial number: 95e0783000d314000085 * Total Memory: 4096 MB * Available Memory: 441 MB * Internal Storage - Total Space: 4665 MB * Internal Storage - Free Space: 3174 MB * Bluetooth Version: 4+ Hi everyone, I could really use some help with a project that's getting quite frustrating. I'm a beginner with Linux and embedded systems (actually just starting to learn programming now), and for the past two weeks or so, I've been trying to …

  7. Hello I having an issue to run armbian on tv box x96q with h313 board version is 5.1. I found sicXnull guide and made img using standart ./compile.sh. Choosing minimal server, no kernel mods and x96q board. Flash it to sd via balena etcher. Plug in sd without power, holding reset for 5, 10 and 15 sec while plug in power. Nothing happening on the screen or with box itself Then after some research i found this image from same guy but its decktop ver and its worked just fine. https://github.com/sicXnull/armbian-build/releases name Armbian-unofficial_24.11.0-trunk_X96q-v5-1_bookworm_current_6.6.44_mate_desktop.img.xz I spot some…

  8. Started by poulpor,

    Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem with a Sunwell Q+ H6 android box 3Gb/32Gb (similar to Quadra), for example: the previous Armbian v6.6.60 Cinnamon Mesa/VPU boots fine from the SD Card (graphics are glitchy in menus but it's another matter): https://k-space.ee.armbian.com/archive/inovato-quadra/archive/Armbian_24.11.1_Inovato-quadra_bookworm_current_6.6.60_cinnamon-backported-mesa_desktop.img.xz But not the latest v6.6.75 cinnamon Mesa/VPU image, when I boot with this image on an SD card, the machine ignores it and boot on the integrated emmc OS.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
  9. Hi all. Bought this one recently Android 14 TV Box but the firmware is buggy. Can't open Chrome (crashes after 2 sec tops), can't install or update various apps, playstore and google are outdated (cannot update) and cannot customize home screen plus some other stuff. Tried to find the company that made this so I can download updated firmware or a custom one but no luck. Can anyone help out identify this or point me to a thread or website that has firmware for this box? I think I need to install new one or maybe reset. Tried using a firmware I found via a specific "rise from the ashes" app but it never starts (possibly incompatible rom). Thanks in advance for the…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.2k views
  10. Started by Nello,

    hello everyone, i am the owner of a tvbox "bqell b1 max" with cpu " CPU : allwinner h616 64bit quadcore" RAM : 4 gb ram ROM 64 gb rom i would like to install amrbian but i don't know which image to use . could you give me a hand?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  11. Started by b13,

    Good time of the day! There is such a board, a TV set-top box from Aliexpress. Processor: Allwinner H3 Memory: JWA60 (I understand emcp) r69-EMCP The board has inscriptions R69-EMCP_v2.0 and EMCP_LPDDR3_EMCP. Installed Linux kernel localhost 4.4.55 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Nov 11 15:35:09 CST 2021 armv7l The question is, when installing any Armbian image on mSD, I get the following result of booting from mSD: U-Boot SPL DRAM: 0MiB ### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ### I understand that he does not see RAM, tell me how to set up RAM. Poke where the assembly process for LPDDR3 is described in detail. …

  12. Looking to try out the capabilties of those TV Boxes with linux. Wonder if any of those two boards would work out. Seems theres no official support for either but it someone has got one of those working, some help would be much appreaciated. The one from above is h313-emcp_v1.0 and the bottom one is a h20_221_v1.6_230523.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
  13. Apologies this isnt about Orange Pi Zero 2, but about a TV stick called Tronsmart Draco H3 which I have and am trying to repurpose into a light weight server with armbian. It obviously isnt well known, but I have tried a few H3 based builds, all of them boot fine, but I cant seem to get Wifi running. I tried Orange Pi PC and Orange Pi but they dont have Wifi at all I believe, so it didnt ask to setup wifi. I tried Orange Pi Zero 2+H3, but for some odd reason my keyboard didnt work on it, so I couldnt setup the users to be able to get further. I tried Nano Pi R1, but that didnt have HDMI, so my hdmi didnt work and I had no idea how to view the output …

    • Reputation Points

    • 13 replies
    • 4.8k views
  14. Is there a tutorial that someone could share with me?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.8k views
  15. Started by Doo Nguyen,

    I have one X96Q pro box with H313 chipset and 2 GB of ram i had found some topics that for X96Q but their board show as v 1.3 i had tried all miniarch rom for x96 h313 at https://github.com/warpme/miniarch or armbian rom for h313 at https://forum.armbian.com/topic/43682-armbian-for-h313-x96-q-lpddr3-tv-box/ i had flash rom into sdcard with win32diskimager insert sdcard into box, hold av reset button and plug the power cable but all rom i had tried make my hdmi screen splash 1 time and the screen show no signal, the blue led of the box go off and nothing happen here my box board image : If every one known how to do with my board please …

  16. Hello, sorry for my poor English 😁. Recently, I bought an Android TV box TX3-Mini to install Armbian. Unfortunately, when I checked it, I found that my TX3-Mini is using the Allwinner H313 processor. I am not sure if I can install and use Armbian on my Android TV box. If it's possible, could you please let me know which images I can use for this device? Thank you very much.😁

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 7.8k views
  17. Started by Chiya,

    Hello I want to change the original logo of Android Tv box IK316Q-EMCP_v4.1 and use our company logo. Therefore, I need the firmware editor. Who can help me? Best regards

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 11.6k views
  18. Started by jaspermendoza72,

    Q-box/MBOX android tv box current system firmware: Android 9 kernel version: 4.9.118 build: 2.1.17 specs: - ARM Cortex-A53 - r0p4 - Mali-T720 - petrel_p1 - Allwinner - sun50iw6p1

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.7k views
  19. Started by Ahmet Sönmez,

    Hello My device is softbroked.It is stuck in the boot logo.Do you have original firmware?I can't install with sd card now.I try usb flashing method.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  20. see http://www.cnx-software.com/2017/04/28/24-sunvell-r69-android-4-4-tv-box-is-powered-by-allwinner-h2-processor/ This device boots from uSD with Ubuntu desktop – legacy kernel 5.30 for OrangePi One and RetrOrangePi-3.0.1.Orangepione.img. It didn't boot after initial setting and reboot command/automatic reboot (I don't know why yet, but it should boot and resize fs). It looks it somehow breaks filesystem on uSD card (and I don't have different uSD card to test it). Ethernet works out of box. Some guy in Facebook group RetrOrangePi confirmed RetrOrangePi for OrangePi One works.

  21. I installed the program according to this video. and found that the Wi-Fi was not displayed. Is there a method or supported version? picture onedrive: armbian 20.05.3 arm64 buster current 5.7.0rc2destop https://silpakorn-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/koosiriwanich_s_su_ac_th/EUZ12P38O9VOvq9sVh7DXHkBsyQ9gri-5Ckke6JNTotgNw?e=JXL4Fg

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  22. Started by Jasper,

    Hello Recently I bought this Odiomix branded tv stick but it's a generic tv stick. I saw it branded in many ways. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006399158895.html https://evaly.com.bd/products/odiomix-s96-4k-ultra-hd-1080p-full-hd-android-tv-box-2488727 It has 2 GB RAM (probably LPDDR3) and 16 GB Toshiba EMMC. Dual band wifi and Bluetooth 4.0 (LB-LINK-BL-M8800DS1 module) https://m.made-in-china.com/product/LB-LINK-BL-M8800DS1-1T1R-802-11a-b-g-n-ac-ax-WIFI6-BT5-0-USB-Module-with-CE-FCC-2074966505.html Is there any possibility of running Armbian?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.9k views
  23. Looking for Linux for this X96 TVBox variant, model PROB3000 2GB DDRIII + 16 GB eMMC https://www.google.com/search?q=PROSB-3000%2F16 Tag on board: BA301 v1.3 XR819 NJ 2+16 CPU: Allwinner h313 (H616 datasheet covers H313, just higher clock and 4GB RAM support: https://linux-sunxi.org/images/3/30/H616_Datasheet_V1.0.pdf ) MCP> LPDDR3 SDRAM + eMMC chip: Samsung KMR8X000IM-B608 ( https://file2.dzsc.com/product/20/05/07/1115580_113217385.pdf ) WLAN chip: XR819 ( https://linux-sunxi.org/images/8/8f/XR819_Datasheet_V1.0-EN.pdf )

  24. Tvbox Sun50iw9p1 Alwinner H616, Mali g31 , 2gb, 8gb hard disk . How create sd card boot for device above? I try with any boot no sucess . Thanks for any help

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 6.7k views
  25. Hello, Is it possible install armbian on allwinner h616 - Cortex A53 - x96 mate ? If yes, where is procedure to do that ? Sorry for my poor english. Thank you for your help.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.6k views
  26. Seeing how things on this forum have started moving towards developing a functional version of armbian for the H618 based TV boxes, would it be a smart idea to use one as a Raspberry Pi replacement for any DIY projects related to portable PC builds?

  27. My Android TV box Lemfo HK1 Rbox shows a lot of colourfull decorative LED lights, also when the box is turned of. To safe enegy and because it disturbs in my sleeping room I would like to turn it off permanently. Is there a way to switch it off?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.6k views
  28. I ask for help if anyone has information about the image on the x96q TV set-top box, thank you in advance.

  29. Started by nexdom nexdom,

    Hello Community!!! I got this device https://linux-sunxi.org/Sunchip_SDK-758 I’m trying to boot armbian Armbian_23.11.1_Cubietruck_jammy_current_6.1.63_xfce_desktop.img Burned image with balena etcher, phoenixcard( invalid image), win32diskimager, and DD but same result…board won’t boot complaining about missing Ethernet If I insert the sd card and an usb key burned both with same image the board boots correctly. Only caveat is I need that usb because it’s the only one working so I can’t log in with keyboard and ethernet seems not to work properly so i can't SSH into it Is there a way to make it boot only on sdcard? additional info---->a…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  30. Hi boys(and gilrz and others) , i have a question plz; Did Somebody manage to find a working img of armbian that match with the fake chinese X96Q the 1/8 gb with the H313 , because i tried every img that i find on the internet , and i did not manage to boot it correclty

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 11.1k views
  31. Started by af241gwgqw,

    Hello community, I bought this TV box which happens to have fake specs, it seems it's really only 1GB RAM and 8GB of storage and comes with Android 7 instead of 12, however it has 2 USB ports and SD card reader, so I guess it could be flashed and repurposed for retro gaming or something like that. I think the SoC is Allwinner H3 (sun8iw7p1). It would be very much appreciated if someone could help me with these questions: 1) Where can I download or backup the stock firmware, yes the one with the fake specs? 2) Could it be flashed with some light version of Android TV or Google TV? 3) Can the memory be upgraded to 2 GB by replacing the RAM chips? Best …

  32. Started by vamsi,

    Hi, I have installed ubuntu image in the allwinner H616 processor. I have installed chromium browser. If i play full HD video, it is getting struck. I understand that browser is not using the hardware codec for the video playing and total load is going to CPU. Because of that full HD videos are not playing properly. I have checked browser setting but it is enabled. In my image verified the config files. But no clue found. Could any one support what need to checked in the image.

  33. Started by Dumr666,

    Hello, I have two of those TV box Android Q+ tv box, which apparently has H616 CPU in it, and I am trying for literally two days to install armbian or some other linux on it (I want to repurpose them to something usefull). I tried with all the images for orangepi zero 2, tanix t96s/96, basically all the images that I could imagine and could find, that apparently should boot from SD card. My procedure is that I press button inside of AV port, with SD card inserted, and pluging power in whilist holding reset button, and it newer boots into any armbian or other distro that I tried. I saw few people here managed to install linux on it, but I ran out of i…

  34. Started by andre2b,

    Hello all. As many of you on this forum, I have a cheap TV box with the Allwinner H313 CPU and it seems that no Armbian ROM Available fits my device as all I get is a blank screen when trying to boot. ( I tried the Orange PI Zero 2 and Big Tree Tech's images which I Assume use the same CPU). Las week I saw this post by @BigZero and my TV box booted using the Mini Arch Image. My question is, from what I read all Armbian Images would'nt boot because the device tree is wrong. I tried changing the DTB file in the Armbian image with the DTB file from Mini Arch but that didn't seem to work as I still get a blank screen when…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.8k views
  35. I have one of these boxes and I'd like to install Armbian but it has USB slots only. CPU-Z shows: Allwinner H6 4x Arm Cortex-A53 + Mali-T720 sun50iw6p1 armv8l I can flash stock fw in FEL mode via laptop using PhoenixUSBPro but thats about it. I have debugging enabled and can access via adb (though no fastboot as I can't find the driver) I'm looking to install one of the images from this thread, but I only have FEL mode and USB debugging available. I wonder if someone may be able to tell me how I could do it?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.9k views
  36. Hi I was wondering if you can help me, I am a newbie with Android TV Boxes. What I am trying to achieve is to flash an image on a T95 Android TV Box to use as a server to run Wire-pod Opensource software for an Anki Vector Robot. I was informed that the T95 box (I bought it on aliexpress) has a H6 processor either the models h616 or 6313. I was recommend to this forum that there might be someone who has the correct image file. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could send me the file please. Julie

  37. I have a TVBox Pro 4K 5G with Allwinner H3 Q44-V4.0, but any img works fine, I try others like Beelink and OrangePie, but eth0 e wlan0 don't work. Any help?

  38. I would like to control the TV via my box (T95 mini - powered by an H6) runing on Armbian. I installed both cec-utils (for cec-client) and v4l-utils (for cec-ctl) but neither seem to work. Did anyone manage to use the CEC protocol on an H6 box ?

  39. Hello. I am currently planning on installing the precompiled Armbian image for T95 TV boxes running H616 (taken from https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=952835&view=findpost&p=97197753) on a TV box branded as "IconBIT Movie UNO", using a microSD card. The dissection of the case showed that the CPU is an Allwinner H313, and, upon thorough Googling, I have found out that X96Q is the only known TV box board with an H313. My question is, is it actually possible to run a T95 Armbian image on an X96Q-like? Any help and/or advice would be appreciated.

  40. Hello, In these last two days i tried everything to make internet work, flashed over 10 .img files of armbian, orange pi zero 2 and i did boot into system using legacy kernel 4.9.x both on armbian and orange pie zero jammy, bullseye but in all these system i had the same problem, no internet connection, i tried some fixes that i saw here in the forum like limiting to 100MB/s the internet connection but even with that, it was not solved. So, i want to know if there's any know whay to fix that ? I just want to use this TvBox to make a budge local server with pi-hole and nextcloud. I got to make pi-hole work using Pi-hole for Android on github re…

    • Reputation Points

    • 9 replies
    • 8.6k views
  41. This is just a FYI, tips for anyone who has a Q+/Q Plus and wants to get armbian running on it. For my Q+/Q Plus box (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MR7YVRM?ref_=pe_1811570_143775280_E_ReturnReceived_Asin_Title), I had to use a SD Card (which is fine since I had a micro SD Card, and a micro SD Card to SD Card convertor laying around) but it did successfully install to the internal MMC. I have tried multiple images of armbian, started with older ones from different internet sources, and none of them would boot from an usb drive. I used the unofficial armbian bullseye image from https://www.inovato.net/Armbian/ and it is working wel…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 5.1k views
  42. Hi, I have a T95 mini TV box that had an Allwinner H6 cpu. I know that basically there's no further/current development for these boxes but I think my problem is solvable. Basically I have my armbian os installed and I have internet access, but I can't access the box via any remote access methods like SSH or VNC. I have checked the armbian-config and it says SSH is enabled. I even verified that it's running on port 22 and it's active, but no matter what I try, I can't access it with my laptop running Windows 11. I have set up a static IP address in my router for the box, based off the MAC address, and I even set a static IP in the armbian os itself to mirro…

  43. Hi, can anybody tell me if the Armbian release by developer Awawa for the Tanix TX6 tv-box Allwinner H6 will work on mt T95 mini tv box? I'm asking because it works on the T95 max also. I am currently running the Inovato Quadra image on my T95 mini but it has a terribly annoying flaw, in that it changes the MAC address after every reboot, which as you can imagine is infuriating when you're trying to set up SSH/SFTP/VNC. I have a workaround by manually setting the IP address on the box to a static IP then setting up port forwarding in my router to that address but i seem to lose access via the local network yet via my external IP address it works fine. I als…

  44. Started by BliteKnight,

    Hello, I have been looking for a cheap linux box and stumbled upon the T95mini, this forum and many other blog sites. I know TV Boxes especially Allwinner based ones are not supported and a lone member of this community (and maybe others) have brought them along to where they are now. My question is, I happen to have a T95mini with a 16GB emmc that boots just fine from the SD card, but when I try to run the nand-sata-install script, it is not detecting my emmc module. The section of the script that checks for the module only finds the sd card /dev/mcblk0 /dev/mmcblk0p1 I opened it up to make sure there was an emmc module in there and there…

  45. Started by Hasan Ali,

    Hey everyone! I've got a cheap TV box I found on amazon for a steep discount and was thinking of using it as a server for home use. Unfortunately I should have looked up the exact model before I bought it, seems like the "Pro S" isn't well known in this forum at all. I have a decent amount of experience with programming, building off GitHub, setting up Armbian, but I've not tried using custom files to make my own Armbian build in years, as in flashing u-boot, kernel, dtb, all separately. I was hoping someone had a build I can use for this to boot at least, I can connect to it via serial and if I can get a bootable build that can actually connect via ethernet at leas…

  46. I managed to extract the correct dtb for this tvbox from Android, I converted it the DTS and it is all well readable but now I am stuck in doubts. I use Armbian with the dtb "sun50i-h6-tanix-tx6.dtb" for the Tanix TX6, but unfortunately it is not fully compatible with this tvbox. I have exaggeratedly high SoC temperature measurements compared to what I thermally detect on the cpu, and only two USB ports out of the existing four work. By compiling the image with these patches I was able to get the four usb ports and also the dual color LEDs working, but unfortunately they are stopped at an outdated kernel version inside Buster, and I would like to stay more up to …

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.4k views
  47. Started by 9acca9,

    I want to try armbian here: https://www.geekbuying.com/item/H10-Allwinner-H6-Android-9-0-6K-HDR-TV-Box-4GB-64GB-2-4G-5G-WiFi-100Mbps-LAN-USB3-0-418779.html it is possible? what image i need to download and a tutorial to install? Thanks!

  48. I have been waiting for half a year for this problem to be resolved, but unfortunately in vain. That’s why I offer to pay for your work to whoever solves it for me (we agree). The brief: I have a T95 mini TV box, what is working well with any balbes150 image. However, none of the audio channels work. This is a problem because I want to use the stuff for internet radio. The task: Create a modified image that I can use with the tablet's 3.5 jack analog output. This is the picture of the board: T95 Mini 2/16G If you done success, would have had another task with the same board. I also want to be able to copy the system from the SD card to the NAND of t…

  49. I want install armbian on android tv X96Q allwinner h313, Android10 , RAM2G, CPU4core What version of armbian should I use?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 8.5k views
  50. The board is marked as MXQ-HX-V2.0. CPU: Allwinner H3 DDR: 1GB LPDDR3 HS400 ROM: 8GB eMCP (both DDR and eMMC are on the same eMCP chip) Wi-Fi: sv6256p LAN: ?? (100Mb) Here's a picture: Before I start soldering the headers for the serial port and start debugging myself... has anyone any idea if there are compatible images among the ones already available? I've already tried: Beelink X2 Orange Pi PC Orange Pi PC + Orange Pi Zero Sunvell R69 and none of these worked. Thanks!

  51. Running Armbian 23.02.0-trunk Bullseye on Allwinner H6 tv box. Everything has been running perfectly, and both usb ports has been working. Suddenly the attached usb webcam can no longer be detected (not showing up in "lsusb"). Tried to unplug it and plug it in again, without any change. Everything is updated, so now sure how to proceed. Any ideas? Can I somehow restart the usb controller/service?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2k views
  52. Started by andker,

    forgive me for asking such a seemingly stupid thing, but I can't find any info about it. i have a H6 Q+ tv box with Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_buster_current_5.9.0 on it, updated via apt-get update & upgrade but the kernel is still 5.9. now i've seen that the latest applicable image would be Armbian_21.05.0-trunk_Aw-h6-tv_buster_current_5.10.20, but i can't understand how to upgrade from sudo armbian-config - system - other i can switch only to "linux-image-current-arm-64=20.08 (5.7.16-arm-64)" or "linux-image-current-arm-64=20.07 (5.7.7-arm-64)". Is that correct? should I switch to one of these two? with cat /etc/armbian-release I get th…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 6k views
  53. Started by kn1987,

    Hi, i got this Box from Amazon. TUREWELL T95Z Plus CPU: Allwinner H618 Quadcore Cortex-A53 (1,5 GHz) Graphics: Mali-G31 MP2 SDRAM: 4 GB FLASH: 64 GB WLAN: 2,4/5,0 GHz WLAN6 BT 5.0 and im trying to run Armbian on it but i cant get it to work. Are there any Images for this Box?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 10.8k views
  54. I'm doing some testing setting up a pair of T95 max's (TV boxes with Inovato Quadra Debian and Allwinner H6 CPU's) as observatory controllers for astronomy. One step that I've not got past yet is getting a VNC server running on the build. Is anyone aware of a set of instructions for installing/building a VNC server which should work with this setup I use realvnc on Raspberry pi's and have tried installing it, tightvnc and building tiger vnc so far with issues which I've not got past yet. Bob

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 14.6k views
  55. Started by paulrlight,

    Hi, I need to use an IR repeater with my Tanix TX6S android box. (The box is behind the TV) Can somebody please tell me where the IR receiver is on the front panel? I’ve searched online and emailed the manufacturer but I don’t have an answer. Thank you. Paul

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  56. Hallo, i need some help and just stuck for few days.. Can somebody please tell me how to install armbian to my MXQ 4G Pro (8gbits/64rom).. I use USB TTL for log the serial port, and getting error on putty. the image i try: Armbian_22.11.1_Orangepipc_bullseye_current_5.15.80.img.xz Armbian_22.11.1_Orangepipcplus_bullseye_current_5.15.80.img.xz and get same error as showing on putty Thanks for ur help.

  57. Started by kit,

    Anyone with x96q pro? I am trying to make it boot from memory card by holding down the reset button and putting in the power cord but nothing happens.

  58. Started by esanya,

    Hi, I have bought a tvbox on amazon: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GQPWxxV745LmGS5C7 I wanted to install the https://www.inovato.com/ firmware to it, the problem is: the firmware / hw does not match to the the inovato FW/HW. On the paper there is a small description how to install a new FW: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MWD9Hi4c6EtG4iqV8 I have already tried to install the FW from https://www.inovato.com/article/install, https://www.inovato.net/quadra-awh6-current.img.gz and https://users.armbian.com/jock/rk3318/multitool.img.xz on the box, but these FWs are just ignored.... It seems my box has a CPU H616, and the inovato is for H6.…

  59. Started by Andeser,

    Hi guys, I'm sorry for the english but I'm italian. I'm a noob in Linux so I'm in search of someone that can help me. First of all, I don't know what is the better h3 armbian version to install in it. When i download the rtl8189es driver when i do "make" the console release error 2. Thanks a lot for the help. Inviato dal mio Redmi 4A utilizzando Tapatalk

  60. Started by hector campus,

    Sorry to make this post, but i try many tutorials and no have luck runing armbian on my tv box. i buy a tv box with allwinner h6 processor, my model is Q+ ,I know my model works with armbian because other users of the forum posted have make it with no problems. So...in my case a try these steps. 1)download armbian from here https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/ 2) unzip the image (Armbian_21.11.0-trunk_Aw-h6-tv_bullseye_current_5.10.68_xfce_desktop) 3)write the image on a sd card with disk imager. 4)put the sd card on my tvbox 5)Push with screwdriver the reset button of the tvbox (jack port) 6)power on the tvbox....and nothing happends,the tvbo…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.8k views
  61. Started by manotroll,

    as I do the backup, pressing the button on the VA pin has no effect I'm using the image Armbian_22.05.0-trunk_Tanix-tx6_bullseye_current_5.15.27_xfce_desktop.img this is the model I bought it started normally I can do additional tests to help with additional information https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/32990357869.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21efcaa4zeR6Iy&gatewayAdapt=glo2bra on the weekend I can take better quality pictures if that's the case https://imgur.com/a/pm9SczS a tip put the username and password in the readme file https://imgur.com/Rltv1Fj after running the utility to configure the wifi 2 times now it is working

  62. If I disable the desktop then the wifi does not connect on reboot. I tried setting the static IP with armbian-config but it doesn't stick on reboots. Any idea's what I am doing wrong?

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 3.4k views
  63. Started by balbes150,

    New Image 20210123 for H6, kernel 5.10.9 https://yadi.sk/d/0a41swJcEAZ0SQ?w=1 https://mega.nz/folder/j9QSDQSQ#6WpasOlbZYIInfw6yo4phQ/folder/K9BRjSaZ

  64. i try to instal armbian in tv box ,but in the boot carpet didnt find dtb for h3 only for h5 or up

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4.3k views
  65. Started by b13,

    Hi all. May I ask here? Just found a mention of EMCP only here. I got such a board, not a single image is loaded from it. Allwinner H3 processor, jwa60 memory. I think it's all about memory. Advise what to do next? How to run an image from it ( foto

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 7.3k views
  66. Started by Flávio Lima,

    hello, i have a tvbox with ik316 processor. Can anyone give me a tip on how to install r armbian on it? Thank you very much in advance

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 7.3k views
  67. Hello, I have a allwinner H3 set op box with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of Flash it came with Android installed. I used the Armbian images for Orange Pi PC+ and its working perfectly from the SD Card. I read that to be able to install to the internal nand flash I need to use the 3.4.113 kernel. So I installed Armbian with 3.4.113 kernel and tried the command nand-sata-install. Unfortunately it cannot find any device to install. Am I missing something? Could anyone help?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4k views
  68. I recently received an MXQ H3 Android box running android 7.1. I want to install Armbian linux on it. Can someone please help me on installing armbian linux on it. CPU : AllWinner H3 Hardware : sun8iw7p1 Wifi : XR819 RAM : 1 GB ROM : 8 GB Photos https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BgkxY9rz-UrokI_1EQjW6bdIRjtczBUK?usp=sharing

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 13.5k views
  69. Problem: USB3-power and Bluetooth not work when use original dtb-file "sun50i-h6-tanix-tx6.dtb" on tvbox "V96mini 6k" (brother of TX6), with Armbian_21.08.0-trunk_Aw-h6-tv_hirsute_current_5.10.53_xfce_desktop.img.xz (distro from Balbes150). All other stuff works fine: Ethernet100, HDMI+Audio, 2xUSB2.0, WiFi. Hardware info "V96mini 6k" : CPU : Allwinner H6; GPU : Mali-T720; RAM 4GB, MMC 64GB Power Management Unit (PMU) : A8038 ! (not AXP805 !) Wireless module : AP6256 ! (WiFi 2.5ghz and 5.0ghz, Bluetooth) Ethernet 100mbit; 1xUSB3.0, 2xUSB2.0; microSD Solution: (for fix USB3-power and Bluetooth on tvbox…

  70. Started by rgbehsan,

    Hi, I followed i12bretro's tutorial on installing armbian on the Tanix TX6 however I could not get it to boot at all. I have the TX6-P variant. Is it possible that, that is the reason why its not working? Are there any workarounds?

  71. Started by saudpc,

    Hello all I اhave this device MX10 plus 6K https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1913358456.html?_randl_currency=SAR&_randl_shipto=SA&src=google&aff_platform=aaf&afSmartRedirect=y It's kinda old and I tried to use it via install armbian I tried to download more than one img on it and it works but not stability The screen keeps flashing or vibration i Try to extracting a dtb file I got a dts And converted it to dtb But all my attempts ended in failure, I don't have experience to dealing with Linux can any one help me to run armbian On the device without problems I apologize for my English she is weak my…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3k views
  72. Started by shacodelico,

    hi balbes, does anyone know if there is armbian system for allwinner h616? this is my tv box

  73. Started by kamil1818,

    I have petra g4 model tvbox looking for new rom for this device please help

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.3k views
  74. Started by Dan MacDonald,

    I never did get hw accelerated video decoding working under mpv on my T95 max (H6) so I'm wondering if I might have any more luck with this: https://github.com/aodzip/cedar Has anyone tried this driver? Does it work with mpv?

  75. Started by tt_soft,

    Hello, I have this kind of box: https://onpad.ru/catalog/cubie/wintel/2565.html (Allwinner H6, 1G LPDDR3, 8G eMMC Flash). I have successfuly run armbian img for orangepi-3, but ethernet port does not work, because this device use internal phy-ethernet. How can I make eth0 port working? Best Regards,

    • Reputation Points

    • 13 replies
    • 5.1k views
  76. Hi I have an old android tv box MXQ PRO 4k with Allwinner H3 SoC, installed Armbian 5.59 xenial 3.4.113 kernel, everything is ok, installed openmsx emulator to emulate the computer MSX, I want openmsx to start on boot, so I modified rc.local to inslude a command to start openmsx, made sure that its exec bits are set and the rc.local.service is on, but it won't start on boot, the system boots to armbian desktop and thats it. I think rc.local is executed but there is some kind of error when running openmsx, because one time I stopped the nodm service to make the system boos to commandline, the system booted to commandline successfully but the problem is that when…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  77. HI, Sorry for my poor english. I have installed armbian image on a sdcard (Armbian_21.05.0-trunk_Aw-h6-tv_focal_current_5.10.27_xfce_desktop.img.xz). I used tanix t6 dtb but the screen is black after starting the box. Here is the model of the tv box with allwinner h6 soc : When i connect my pc with usb wire, i'm able to connect it with adb. And i see that the board in the android box is configured with sun50iw6p1. In the balbes150 repositories this configuration don't exists. But i can find the dts files in github : https://github.com/Allwinner-Homlet/H6-BSP4.9-linux There are 4 dts files : sun50iw6p1-soc.dts sun50iw6p1.…

  78. Problem: Fullscreen black blinking-flickering on TVbox (H6: "V96 mini") with HDMI-VGA-adapter and Armbian. 10 seconds picture is ok, 5 seconds picture is black, repeat... More affected on white images. Details: TVbox : "V96 mini" (Allwinner H6) HDMI-VGA-adapter : 10cm cable with small square box (with audio jack, without power) Distro: (from Balbes150) Armbian_21.08.0-trunk_Aw-h6-tv_hirsute_current_5.10.53_xfce_desktop.img.xz Monitor: any with resolution 1280x1024 (may be another) No problems with direct HDMI connection, and/or under Android. Solution: (fix for example 1280x1024 @ 60hz) In two words: change default refresh…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 5.2k views
  79. Started by pyroo,

    Hi, Looking for someone to do some paid work. Need to front LCD panel to display that the box is powered on with armbian running currently there is no display lit up please message me if you'd be interested in this thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.6k views
  80. Started by fizban,

    I just bought a qplus 4GB/64GB and installed the latest buster desktop image from @balbes150 (https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/aw-h6-tv/) with the mid-term intention of building some sort of headless sf2 midi synthesizer that can be connected to a usb midi keyboard with acceptable latency. I also had lying around an old minix x8-h plus (S812 based), but I was not able to make armbian work on it with an external usb soundcard for more than a few minutes (somehow it always crashed). The qplus works very nicely, although I had problems with lightdm on second boot and the greeter did not apper. I went for the nodm route for autologin and it seems to do the…

  81. Started by Ricardo JL Rufino,

    Hi I got this Tvbox with H3 processor, I managed to boot using the image of the Orangepi PC. However it still needs some improvements. DISPLAY: OK ETHERNET: OK WIFI: NO BLUETOOTH: NO RAM: DETECTED ONLY 1GB of 4GB ?! WAY ?!? Used image: Armbian_21.02.3_Orangepipc_buster_current_5.10.21.img.xz How do I configure the total ram? In Datasheet say 2GB in the CPU area, and 2GB in the GPU area. Totalizing 4GB, or am I wrong? https://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/images/4/4b/Allwinner_H3_Datasheet_V1.2.pdf Specs: # uname -a Linux localhost 4.4.5…

  82. Started by tt_soft,

    Hello, I have image that work with my tv box H6 except ethernet port because this image use external eth. phy chip, but my box use internal H6 eth. controller. Is it possible to config ethernet MII interface type? I have also "ota" zip file for update. Here is part of booting log: 1.Log with correct eth0(inside in H6 CHIP): ====================================================================== U-Boot 2014.07 (Aug 15 2018 - 16:35:12) Allwinner Technology ........ Net: phy_mode=rmii, phy_interface=5 use_ephy25m is unknown. eth0 .... .... 2.Log with wrong eth0(external PHY ETH CHIP): =========================================…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.4k views
  83. I am planning to buy this device, and I would like to know if I can install Armbian on this device: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Android-Resolution-Cortex-A53-Support-2-4GHz/dp/B088NDFK4J

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 6.2k views
  84. I recently got a 2 GB RAM / 16 GB T95 Max TV box. I have been playing with the Armbian images from: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12162-single-armbian-image-for-rk-aml-aw-aarch64-armv8 Are these the best / most up-to-date pre-built Armbian images for my box? I noticed that thread has been closed. I am aware this box is not officially supported by the project. The first issue I have encountered, and I presume this could also well be a general bug in Armbian although I have not confirmed by trying it on my supported BananaPi M1 yet, is that I am unable to install the mate desktop under either of the focal images due to a package conflic…

  85. Started by Geekati,

    Hello In advance I appreciate the support you can give me. I have 2 4gb / 32gb version computers, which I would like to give to some relatives who need it. Seeing on the net I saw that the version I needed for this equipment is: armbian-h6-tvbox-5.7-rc6.7z, which never started in the tv box, I want to assume that it could change some type of component, possibly it is a new revision, however if I start with the version: aw h6 tv buster current 5.1.27 xfce desktop, I think it is the last one, The main problem is that it does not turn off well, it begins to close all processes but in the end it always stays full on the shutdown logo, but if it can be restarted, the only way …

  86. Hi I got this Tvbox with H3 processor, I managed to boot using the image of the Orangepi PC. DISPLAY: OK ETHERNET: OK WIFI: NO BLUETOOTH: NO RAM: 1GB (8Gbit) Used image: Armbian_21.02.3_Orangepipc_buster_current_5.10.21.img.xz Basically the same hardware found in:

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 8.7k views
  87. download: Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0.img.xz || or || Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0. desktop link: https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/arm-64/ download: Armbian_21.02.0-trunk_Aw-h6-tv_focal_current_5.10.9.img || or || Armbian_21.05.0-trunk_Aw-h6-tv_focal_current_5.10.25_xfce_desktop.img.xz link: https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/aw-h6-tv/ burn the image into sdcard: link: download this file: https://forum.armbian.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5742 RUN: # sudo fdisk -l Disk /dev/sdc: 14.57 GiB, 15631122432 bytes, 30529536 sectors Disk model: Cruzer Bla…

  88. Started by gensat,

    I own the TV BOX TRANSPEED_H616 (Allwinner H616, Arm Mali-G31 MP2, Android 10, 4/64 GB). I would like to root but can't. I can't even connect the device to the PC. When I connect it with the USB-OTG cable in the device manager it shows "USB device unknown (device descriptor request failed)" and I cannot find the drivers. Can someone help me? Thank you

  89. im new to armbian, i'm trying to convert android tv box to armbian. im not sure about hardwre,```cpuz``` shows hardware as `sun50iw9p1` and google maps it to `Allwiner H6` i followed the video and now my box never try to boot from sdcard. am i following right article is `aml_autoscript` requried, some articles run this script from `back up and update` app ,but this video didn't talk about it. can any one help me what went wrong.

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 17.9k views
  90. Started by hali,

    Hi, I have two TV boxes TX6 (4/32) and TX6-H (4/64). I have successfully installed and ran following 2 linux on both tx boxes 1) Armbian_20.05.3_Arm-64_buster_current_5.7.0-rc2_desktop_20200425.img 2) Armbian_20.11_Arm-64_focal_current_5.10.0-rc4_desktop.img U boot file 1) u-boot-allwinner-h6-tanix-tx6.img Everything seems working except wifi. I have searched a lot but didn't able to get any solution. Following are the specs of my TV box Model : TX6 Brand : Amlogic Device : p281 CPU Hardware : sun50iw6p1 Thanks.

  91. I am working in the social sector and researching for the cheap terminal for students which is for nonprofits. only for educational purposes. 1:I had purchased tx3mini (s905w) I successfully installed armbian but wifi is not working after struggling with some were getting the information there is no wifi driver available for this 2: I had purchased mxqpro with (allwinner h6 ) I don't try on this tell me how to install in this device or suggest me a cheap device which can run armbian smoothly only for browsing the web and running libre I want cheaper than raspberry pi or 2000 to 3000 rs per device https://www.eklavya.in/

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.9k views
  92. Started by RezaXDI,

    Hi everyone, I've got a Q+ device which comes with a "RTL8821CS" wifi/bt module. This device is similar to Tanix TX6 with only a different wifi module. I was trying to make this module work in Armbian. The initial problem was this error : [ 4.233422] sunxi-mmc 4021000.mmc: no support for card's volts [ 4.233431] mmc1: error -22 whilst initialising SDIO card So I started investigating and tested different variables inside device tree but nothing worked. Then I decided to compile the kernel again with dynamic debug enabled and then tried to find out what is causing the above error. After some tries, I enabled dyndbg on boot for specifi…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.4k views
  93. Hello there ! Is there any Armbian support for this device ?

  94. Hi, I bought a box with model Inova 5g with allwinner processor h3 cortex A7 4gb of RAM, which image of ubuntu is for her?

  95. Started by kuta,

    on default android firmware, RAM detected 4GB, but if i boot armbian from sdcard, ram only detect 2GB. I use armbian 20.11 focal build, and tanix-tx6 dtb. please help how to solve, so ram can detect 3GB. Thanks, sorry about my english.

  96. I've repurposed an old TV android box with armbian, just using the Olimex based image. It works peferectly, but I'm seeing a constant constant cpu usage by kworkers: root@lime:~# uname -r 4.19.62-sunxi root@lime:~# ps auxk -%cpu | head USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND root 5740 8.8 0.0 0 0 ? I 10:27 1:19 [kworker/1:0-eve] root 4444 4.6 0.0 0 0 ? I 10:17 1:10 [kworker/0:0-eve] root 1 0.3 0.5 25848 5448 ? Ss 10:01 0:09 /sbin/init root 147 0.2 0.0 0 0 ? I< 10:01 0:05 [kworker/1:1H-kb] root 195 0.1 0.0 0 0 ?…

  97. Started by pyroo,

    im super new to armbian and im really struggling to get the mx10pro h6 allwinner to work with armbian, ive followed the instructions and installed the .img for armbian and then the uboot .img. im happy to pay for this help if someone can get this working for me thanks !

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.4k views
  98. Tanix TX6 is H6 based Android TV Box and it can boot from SD cards prepared with PhoenixCard. It should be possible to make it work with Armbian too, right? I tried a recent Lite2 image, it didn't work, but it also didn't boot main Android, which means SD boot takes priority. I don't think it's a normal behavior for other Android TV boxes, but maybe it is for those with H6 boards.

  99. Started by andreq,

    Hi, I'm quite new to all this Linux Arm thing and I don't have any setup to create the build myself. I do all the setup from a Windows machine and that's mostly why I haven't got a proper setup to try my own build. I'm learning a ton about the A20 and linux, this is quite a change from my daily "coding on windows machine" job! I've been trying to run some of Igor images on that Chinese Android TV box : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-Hot-Smart-TV-box-A20-Dual-Core-Google-Android-Allwinner-Cortex-A7-1GB-4GB-Flash/1714972998.html From what I can tell with the PCB out of the shell, it has the "basics" of most of the supported board, but the included wifi adapter is…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.