Allwinner CPU Boxes
A place for discussion for TV Boxes using Allwinner CPUs (H6, etc)
199 topics in this forum
-
Hello community, I bought this TV box which happens to have fake specs, it seems it's really only 1GB RAM and 8GB of storage and comes with Android 7 instead of 12, however it has 2 USB ports and SD card reader, so I guess it could be flashed and repurposed for retro gaming or something like that. I think the SoC is Allwinner H3 (sun8iw7p1). It would be very much appreciated if someone could help me with these questions: 1) Where can I download or backup the stock firmware, yes the one with the fake specs? 2) Could it be flashed with some light version of Android TV or Google TV? 3) Can the memory be upgraded to 2 GB by replacing the RAM chips? Best …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Can I enable wifi (SV6256P) in H616 DDR3 Tv box https://github.com/paolosabatino/ssv6x5x/tree/master or build from old kernel 4.4.x
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all. As many of you on this forum, I have a cheap TV box with the Allwinner H313 CPU and it seems that no Armbian ROM Available fits my device as all I get is a blank screen when trying to boot. ( I tried the Orange PI Zero 2 and Big Tree Tech's images which I Assume use the same CPU). Las week I saw this post by @BigZero and my TV box booted using the Mini Arch Image. My question is, from what I read all Armbian Images would'nt boot because the device tree is wrong. I tried changing the DTB file in the Armbian image with the DTB file from Mini Arch but that didn't seem to work as I still get a blank screen when…
-
Stock rom of this tv stick is so bad that it lags even with just watching youtube and it wrote it can play 4k. So I need armbian/any other linux distro for this tv stick.
-
Hello In advance I appreciate the support you can give me. I have 2 4gb / 32gb version computers, which I would like to give to some relatives who need it. Seeing on the net I saw that the version I needed for this equipment is: armbian-h6-tvbox-5.7-rc6.7z, which never started in the tv box, I want to assume that it could change some type of component, possibly it is a new revision, however if I start with the version: aw h6 tv buster current 5.1.27 xfce desktop, I think it is the last one, The main problem is that it does not turn off well, it begins to close all processes but in the end it always stays full on the shutdown logo, but if it can be restarted, the only way …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Q-box/MBOX android tv box current system firmware: Android 9 kernel version: 4.9.118 build: 2.1.17 specs: - ARM Cortex-A53 - r0p4 - Mali-T720 - petrel_p1 - Allwinner - sun50iw6p1
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
So there is some conflicting naming between the name of the unit and the name on the board revision code. The name of the unit would suggest that it's a X96-Q clone, but the revision number suggests that it's a T95 mini. Like as seen in this video
-
Seeing how things on this forum have started moving towards developing a functional version of armbian for the H618 based TV boxes, would it be a smart idea to use one as a Raspberry Pi replacement for any DIY projects related to portable PC builds?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
i need secure image x98h pro
-
Hello. I am currently planning on installing the precompiled Armbian image for T95 TV boxes running H616 (taken from https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=952835&view=findpost&p=97197753) on a TV box branded as "IconBIT Movie UNO", using a microSD card. The dissection of the case showed that the CPU is an Allwinner H313, and, upon thorough Googling, I have found out that X96Q is the only known TV box board with an H313. My question is, is it actually possible to run a T95 Armbian image on an X96Q-like? Any help and/or advice would be appreciated.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
How do install armbian in my TX98 TV BOX Processor:Allwinner H313 I bought it on tiktok shop
-
If I disable the desktop then the wifi does not connect on reboot. I tried setting the static IP with armbian-config but it doesn't stick on reboots. Any idea's what I am doing wrong?
-
im super new to armbian and im really struggling to get the mx10pro h6 allwinner to work with armbian, ive followed the instructions and installed the .img for armbian and then the uboot .img. im happy to pay for this help if someone can get this working for me thanks !
-
I managed to extract the correct dtb for this tvbox from Android, I converted it the DTS and it is all well readable but now I am stuck in doubts. I use Armbian with the dtb "sun50i-h6-tanix-tx6.dtb" for the Tanix TX6, but unfortunately it is not fully compatible with this tvbox. I have exaggeratedly high SoC temperature measurements compared to what I thermally detect on the cpu, and only two USB ports out of the existing four work. By compiling the image with these patches I was able to get the four usb ports and also the dual color LEDs working, but unfortunately they are stopped at an outdated kernel version inside Buster, and I would like to stay more up to …
-
Preexisting builds of Armbian won't run on my X96Q TV box because mine uses DDR3 instead of LPDDR3. U-Boot SPL 2024.01_armbian-2024.01-S866c-P4a40-H8869-Vad24-Bbf55-R448a (Nov 15 2025 - 02:36:36 +0000) This DRAM setup is currently not supported. How do I change the DRAM (and possibly other) configuration U-Boot is built with? I'll be quite frank: Quite annoyed by this whole process. The build process for both Armbian and U-Boot has exhausted my patience and I'm very much not in the mood for digging through (often hard to find) documentation. (Like why is there no standard for adding a board?) Here's the UART boot log of the device:x…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Is it possible to switch the operation to the OpenWRT system OR Linux OR DTB Q17 android tv box = Tanix TX11 android tv box = Q1 android tv box .... Works but ≠ X96Q android tv box AND ≠ Tanix TX1 android tv box .... It doesn't work current system firmware: Android 14 specs: - ARM Cortex-A53 - 32 bit - Mali-G31 - Allwinner H313 - arm,sun50iw9p1 4 GB RAM DDR3 32 GB HDD model = "sun50iw9"; compatible = "arm,sun50iw9p1";
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Hi....I have an Allwinner H616 H96 Max Android Box Last Week, I found this box on a shelf and wanted to boot it but it was in a bootloop So I flashed the stock firmware H616Alwinner.img and it flashed but again wifi issue...Then I made a dumb decision and asked chatgpt and it said "T95 , TX6s all share the same SoC so flash One of their .img's" So I did It flashed but now no LED but stuck on T95 logo so I tried to flash the original H616Allwinner.img again..but now it says "Error - Download Boot 1 Failed" (Honestly I Don't know how it got Hard-Bricked But I think because of the T95 flash) Now I tried Sunxi-fel but Time out....Now it's totally Super-Bri…
-
Hallo, i need some help and just stuck for few days.. Can somebody please tell me how to install armbian to my MXQ 4G Pro (8gbits/64rom).. I use USB TTL for log the serial port, and getting error on putty. the image i try: Armbian_22.11.1_Orangepipc_bullseye_current_5.15.80.img.xz Armbian_22.11.1_Orangepipcplus_bullseye_current_5.15.80.img.xz and get same error as showing on putty Thanks for ur help.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm trying to install Armbian on the Tanix Tx1 Soc Allwinner H313 Mini TV Box, but this box doesn't have an SD card slot. How do I install Armbian on this box without an SD card?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, how's it going? I'm new to the forum and I'm having trouble getting my Chinese T95 mini TV box to run Linux. I want to switch it to a basic server, but I'm having problems booting it from the SD card. I'm using the sunxi-fel mode method in Linux. I tested Armbian_23.8.1_Orangepipc_jammy_current_6.1.47_minimal.img and others like Armbian_23.8.1_Orangepipc_jammy_current_6.1.47.img. I used the .bin file generated on this forum. Boot it using the method `sudo sunxi-fel -v -p uboot u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin` in the terminal. TV BOX Model: T95mini | R69 - EMCP V2.0 - H3 Allwinner. The screenshots below show the screen freezing. I'm a total …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I have been looking for a cheap linux box and stumbled upon the T95mini, this forum and many other blog sites. I know TV Boxes especially Allwinner based ones are not supported and a lone member of this community (and maybe others) have brought them along to where they are now. My question is, I happen to have a T95mini with a 16GB emmc that boots just fine from the SD card, but when I try to run the nand-sata-install script, it is not detecting my emmc module. The section of the script that checks for the module only finds the sd card /dev/mcblk0 /dev/mmcblk0p1 I opened it up to make sure there was an emmc module in there and there…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all I اhave this device MX10 plus 6K https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1913358456.html?_randl_currency=SAR&_randl_shipto=SA&src=google&aff_platform=aaf&afSmartRedirect=y It's kinda old and I tried to use it via install armbian I tried to download more than one img on it and it works but not stability The screen keeps flashing or vibration i Try to extracting a dtb file I got a dts And converted it to dtb But all my attempts ended in failure, I don't have experience to dealing with Linux can any one help me to run armbian On the device without problems I apologize for my English she is weak my…
-
EDIT: Actually, armbian can't be installed with PhoenixSuit, I didn't know :/ I've already tried several images, 5+, but this error keeping appearing. Also, I would like a bookworm image for Allwinner H3Q44, if someone have one working good, please send it to me. UPDATE: This random img worked.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have tried A lot of ROMs and they do not work. The device is not working now. Please help. Thank you.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have installed ubuntu image in the allwinner H616 processor. I have installed chromium browser. If i play full HD video, it is getting struck. I understand that browser is not using the hardware codec for the video playing and total load is going to CPU. Because of that full HD videos are not playing properly. I have checked browser setting but it is enabled. In my image verified the config files. But no clue found. Could any one support what need to checked in the image.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello! I have a T95MAX ver 3 board with H616 / AXP313 / 4Gb RAM. I've compiled an Armbian from Nick repo (https://github.com/NickAlilovic/build), branch v20251014 for Transpeed-8k618 with a little defconfig patch for TOC0 and DCDC3 voltage = 1.5V (extracted from Android native image DTB). CONFIG_AXP_DCDC3_VOLT=1500 CONFIG_SPL_IMAGE_TYPE_SUNXI_TOC0=y Image booting ok, but first UBoot stage found 4Gb and second stage found only 2Gb. Someone have any ideas for make 2nd stage and kernel detect full memory? U-Boot SPL 2025.04-armbian-2025.04-S3482-Pfbbd-H8869-V9b5f-Bb703-R448a-dirty (Nov 13 2025 - 13:20:15 +0000) DRAM:testing 32-bit width, …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Sorry to make this post, but i try many tutorials and no have luck runing armbian on my tv box. i buy a tv box with allwinner h6 processor, my model is Q+ ,I know my model works with armbian because other users of the forum posted have make it with no problems. So...in my case a try these steps. 1)download armbian from here https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/ 2) unzip the image (Armbian_21.11.0-trunk_Aw-h6-tv_bullseye_current_5.10.68_xfce_desktop) 3)write the image on a sd card with disk imager. 4)put the sd card on my tvbox 5)Push with screwdriver the reset button of the tvbox (jack port) 6)power on the tvbox....and nothing happends,the tvbo…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
So, For some Months I was trying to Use Latest Armbian on My Tx6S , First I found Nick Avollic's (Nick A) Armbian build that has my tx6s version supported the axp313 one but it was old (I can work with that though) but I wanted something that would support armbian latest.At first I tried to import directly from his repo but as he used miniarch patches it was difficult but somehow with some of ai assistantance I managed to made latest one but it was not on the latest stable kernal I used it for some time than now I thought why not get lastest kernal so After a lot of trail and error I finally managed to get latest Armbian and latest stable kernal working on my Tx6s.Its Als…
-
Is there a tutorial that someone could share with me?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
Hi : My problem is this. After manually updating my TV BOX , the serial number X88PROB-H313-D4-V1.0 is printed on the motherboard. The WiFi number AW859A has stopped working. I've tried everything, including reinstalling the firmware using PhoenixCard or PhoenixSuite. I downloaded and updated the T95-H616-A27.img and T95-H616-A29.img files, as well as the X88-PRO-S-H616 file. The installation was successful, but the device only displays the HDMI boot screen. Is there a solution? I would like to restore my device to Android 10 or 12 firmware, if possible. Is there a way to restart it if it's corrupted?
-
-
My Android TV box Lemfo HK1 Rbox shows a lot of colourfull decorative LED lights, also when the box is turned of. To safe enegy and because it disturbs in my sleeping room I would like to turn it off permanently. Is there a way to switch it off?
-
Hello, Is it possible install armbian on allwinner h616 - Cortex A53 - x96 mate ? If yes, where is procedure to do that ? Sorry for my poor english. Thank you for your help.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
Hi everyone, I've got a Q+ device which comes with a "RTL8821CS" wifi/bt module. This device is similar to Tanix TX6 with only a different wifi module. I was trying to make this module work in Armbian. The initial problem was this error : [ 4.233422] sunxi-mmc 4021000.mmc: no support for card's volts [ 4.233431] mmc1: error -22 whilst initialising SDIO card So I started investigating and tested different variables inside device tree but nothing worked. Then I decided to compile the kernel again with dynamic debug enabled and then tried to find out what is causing the above error. After some tries, I enabled dyndbg on boot for specifi…
-
Hello, I have image that work with my tv box H6 except ethernet port because this image use external eth. phy chip, but my box use internal H6 eth. controller. Is it possible to config ethernet MII interface type? I have also "ota" zip file for update. Here is part of booting log: 1.Log with correct eth0(inside in H6 CHIP): ====================================================================== U-Boot 2014.07 (Aug 15 2018 - 16:35:12) Allwinner Technology ........ Net: phy_mode=rmii, phy_interface=5 use_ephy25m is unknown. eth0 .... .... 2.Log with wrong eth0(external PHY ETH CHIP): =========================================…
-
I ask for help if anyone has information about the image on the x96q TV set-top box, thank you in advance.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have petra g4 model tvbox looking for new rom for this device please help
-
Basically it has 1 gb ROM 8gb ram h3 chip and I HAVE put many img files on SD card NONE of them boot and as soon as I take the SD card out it boots into android perfectly fine... I'm lost on words and what to do I have also tried FEL mode on linux but the request times out with error -7 power supply is 5v 2a which is fine for this so not that and I'm using a 256gb a1 rated SD card. This is from a generic Chinese tv box called meecom and it has ADX-H-V1.0 written on it. I also changed the dtb files a lot but it still gave no display or sign that it was booted into armbian idk what to do help ( btw I repasted it that's why it has no thermal putty on it)
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all. Bought this one recently Android 14 TV Box but the firmware is buggy. Can't open Chrome (crashes after 2 sec tops), can't install or update various apps, playstore and google are outdated (cannot update) and cannot customize home screen plus some other stuff. Tried to find the company that made this so I can download updated firmware or a custom one but no luck. Can anyone help out identify this or point me to a thread or website that has firmware for this box? I think I need to install new one or maybe reset. Tried using a firmware I found via a specific "rise from the ashes" app but it never starts (possibly incompatible rom). Thanks in advance for the…
-
I have installed Armbian 23 Linux on my TX6 ATV box. I downloaded the image from the SMLinux repo. It was a kernel 6 build with Armbian 23 Jammy version. I added the Oibaf PPA for the graphics driver, then I installed Ubuntu Desktop. Luckily, I got graphics acceleration with the GNOME desktop, but it was laggy ui. I confirmed graphics acceleration using the glxinfo command and also tried glxgears. It was working pretty smoothly, like 60 FPS, same as my monitor refresh rate. Well, everything was great, but then when I tried to use Firefox and watch YouTube, it was so choppy and laggy. YouTube UI took 2 minutes to load. …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
I never did get hw accelerated video decoding working under mpv on my T95 max (H6) so I'm wondering if I might have any more luck with this: https://github.com/aodzip/cedar Has anyone tried this driver? Does it work with mpv?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I have a MXQ Pro 5G 4K TV Box with Allwinner H616 and the motherboard IK316-EMCP_V4.1. I am looking for a server (CLI only) version of the Armbian image for this device. The previously shared Google Drive links in this topic are no longer working. Could someone please provide a new download link (Google Drive, MEGA, etc.) for the latest server image compatible with my device? If there are any specific instructions for booting or the correct DTB file, please let me know. Thank you very much! Best regards, Luska1331 BTW: I generated this message with the help of Copilot because I don't speak English very well.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
Looking to try out the capabilties of those TV Boxes with linux. Wonder if any of those two boards would work out. Seems theres no official support for either but it someone has got one of those working, some help would be much appreaciated. The one from above is h313-emcp_v1.0 and the bottom one is a h20_221_v1.6_230523.
-
Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem with a Sunwell Q+ H6 android box 3Gb/32Gb (similar to Quadra), for example: the previous Armbian v6.6.60 Cinnamon Mesa/VPU boots fine from the SD Card (graphics are glitchy in menus but it's another matter): https://k-space.ee.armbian.com/archive/inovato-quadra/archive/Armbian_24.11.1_Inovato-quadra_bookworm_current_6.6.60_cinnamon-backported-mesa_desktop.img.xz But not the latest v6.6.75 cinnamon Mesa/VPU image, when I boot with this image on an SD card, the machine ignores it and boot on the integrated emmc OS.
-
I have device X10 Plus TV BOX 4/32 same smae Rtv 10x 4/32 How to get file image or build for device It run Allwinner H6 Link product I find fourm but cannot get the file
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Running Armbian 23.02.0-trunk Bullseye on Allwinner H6 tv box. Everything has been running perfectly, and both usb ports has been working. Suddenly the attached usb webcam can no longer be detected (not showing up in "lsusb"). Tried to unplug it and plug it in again, without any change. Everything is updated, so now sure how to proceed. Any ideas? Can I somehow restart the usb controller/service?
-
Hey everyone! I have a TV Box labeled “In Xplus”, running on an Allwinner H313 (most likely a generic/rebranded device). I was able to install Linux on it using Armbian 26.2.0-trunk (Trixie). The system boots normally, but I’m facing network issues: - Wi-Fi is not working (no interface detected) - Ethernet is also not working (only interface is lo) So basically, the system runs fine, but I have no network connectivity at all. My questions: - Is this a current limitation of Armbian support for the H313? - Is there any specific DTB or patch that could fix Wi-Fi/Ethernet? - Is there a more stable Armbian version or another distro with better …
-
Hi I have an old android tv box MXQ PRO 4k with Allwinner H3 SoC, installed Armbian 5.59 xenial 3.4.113 kernel, everything is ok, installed openmsx emulator to emulate the computer MSX, I want openmsx to start on boot, so I modified rc.local to inslude a command to start openmsx, made sure that its exec bits are set and the rc.local.service is on, but it won't start on boot, the system boots to armbian desktop and thats it. I think rc.local is executed but there is some kind of error when running openmsx, because one time I stopped the nodm service to make the system boos to commandline, the system booted to commandline successfully but the problem is that when…
-
Reference: https://armbian.com/boards/x96q Needed: a way to add a secure patch to the referred image (may be building through git). Thank you.
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Good morning I have big problem I have tv box Transpeed-H616_ I update with orange pi But i can't back to old firmware
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm trying to get Armbian fully working on an MX10 F1 TV Box (Allwinner H313, 2GB LPDDR3, 16GB eMMC). The box boots using the X96Q LPDDR3 DTB (X96Q TV-Box LPDDR3), but several onboard devices are not working: ❌ Ethernet ❌ Built-in WiFi ❌ Bluetooth ❌ CPU frequency scaling Working: ✅HDMI ✅GPU (Panfrost / OpenGL ES 3.1) ✅USB ✅SD card ✅eMMC I've extracted the original Android DTB and DTS, and I'm attaching them together with the Armbian dmesg. Could someone familiar with Allwinner Device Trees help identify what is missing or needs to be changed to create proper support for t…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hello everyone, i am the owner of a tvbox "bqell b1 max" with cpu " CPU : allwinner h616 64bit quadcore" RAM : 4 gb ram ROM 64 gb rom i would like to install amrbian but i don't know which image to use . could you give me a hand?
-
Hey everyone, I’ve cross-flashed a MXQ 4K 5G (Allwinner sun8iw7p1 / H3) firmware onto a different H3-based TV box. Everything works surprisingly well, except for the IR Power-On/Wakeup. Since the hardware is different, my box's IR receiver is sending a scancode that the MXQ firmware doesn't recognize as the "Wakeup" key. Because this is an Allwinner (sunxi) build and not Rockchip, I know I can't just edit a remote.conf file in the system partition to fix the cold-boot power button. My questions: Where exactly is the Hardcoded IR Wakeup/Power-on scancode stored in these Phoenix-style Allwinner images? Is it buried in the Device Tree Blob (DTB)…
-
Hello Community!!! I got this device https://linux-sunxi.org/Sunchip_SDK-758 I’m trying to boot armbian Armbian_23.11.1_Cubietruck_jammy_current_6.1.63_xfce_desktop.img Burned image with balena etcher, phoenixcard( invalid image), win32diskimager, and DD but same result…board won’t boot complaining about missing Ethernet If I insert the sd card and an usb key burned both with same image the board boots correctly. Only caveat is I need that usb because it’s the only one working so I can’t log in with keyboard and ethernet seems not to work properly so i can't SSH into it Is there a way to make it boot only on sdcard? additional info---->a…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
SoC:ik316-h board: IK316Q-EMCP_V4.1 i belive it's apart of the h6 familly, correct me if i'm wrong. Well, i'm trying to boot from a sd card, but it doesn't work, i tried the toothpick methof but it still don't work. I tried with the sd and without the sd card, but it doesn't enter into android recovery mode, the only way i can get into fastboot is by using adb, however if i try to enter the bootloader by selecting it on the andorid recovery or fastboot menu it just crashes. Do you guys know any way of how can i proceed? Will be better if i change the firmware? Should i just buy ice cream and cry in the shower? I need help, the img i'm using is Armbian_community_…
-
Good day all, After compiling a build for my TV box and burn it to the SD boot process stuck to Begin: Mounting root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ... done. Begin: Running /scripts/local-premount ... Scanning for Btrfs filesystems Can someone help please solving the problem?
-
Hello all, I have a/m model with 2GiB RAM / 16GiB eMMC- Wifi: XR819 (XRadio XR819). I've download and install a .img file Armbian_community_25.11.0-trunk.437_Tanix-tx6_trixie_current_6.12.47_minimal.img.xz I want to have a server version CLI, but I don't know where to find that. My problem is that the WIFI is not availible after the boot in ARMbian. Is there any solutions for make it availible? Thank you in advance.
-
Hello, I have a T95 Super with H2+/H3 processor. I've been successful running Armbian in the past on it and even writing to eMMC but am looking for the most updated build I can to burn to the eMMC. I have H3droid running on it after a VERY long install process and many board reburns to fix it. I noticed H3droid has an "Armbian" option in it's rescue menu but there don't seem to be any instructions on how to install with the menu/use it. What is the best new build for this setup? Thank you!
-
Hi, I need to use an IR repeater with my Tanix TX6S android box. (The box is behind the TV) Can somebody please tell me where the IR receiver is on the front panel? I’ve searched online and emailed the manufacturer but I don’t have an answer. Thank you. Paul
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
I installed the program according to this video. and found that the Wi-Fi was not displayed. Is there a method or supported version? picture onedrive: armbian 20.05.3 arm64 buster current 5.7.0rc2destop https://silpakorn-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/koosiriwanich_s_su_ac_th/EUZ12P38O9VOvq9sVh7DXHkBsyQ9gri-5Ckke6JNTotgNw?e=JXL4Fg
-
Hello everyone, I am looking for the original firmware for my Q1 TV Box. Board information: Board: Q1-V4.0 CPU: Allwinner H313 RAM/Storage: 2GB + 16GB eMCP (Foresee) WiFi: SV6256P Sticker on PCB: Q1-H313-111-ATV-8800 XH20251014024 I have already tried searching on Needrom, but the available firmware is for Q1-V3.0 / A32 / A33 boards, and I am not sure it is compatible with my Q1-V4.0 board. Does anyone have the original firmware (.img) or know where I can download it? Thank you very much.
-
Hello! I noticed that x96q lpddr v1.3 is now an official (or something close to that) release, as it appears on the main page when searching. I used to use @sicxnull fork but now I have the impression that his changes were incorporated and he is the official maintainer of this device. I installed the Armbian 26.02 in an SD card and tested it in my X96Q lpddr v1.3 device and it works great! The problem is when I installed it to the internal eMMC, it will not boot anymore. I have the serial cable attached and I can see that very very early in the boot process u-boot cannot read from flash and the boot hangs. I know this has been discussed…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello My device is softbroked.It is stuck in the boot logo.Do you have original firmware?I can't install with sd card now.I try usb flashing method.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Hi, I can't find an image for my TV box and I was wondering if anyone has one that I could use on the device. Thanks for your help
-
I'm planning on buying said Tv box in order to make it as a klipper host for a 3d printer since pi alternatives are too expensive nowadays.
-
I currently have a TV box with @Nick A Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_x98h_bookworm_edge_6.12.11_xfce_desktop.img. I have installed linux-headers-edge-sunxi64_25.05.0-trunk_arm64__6.12.11 from the same repository. I'm trying to build a custom module to get the LCD working but I keep coming up against a Exec Format Error which implies a mismatch between the build version and the installed version. But I can't find the cause. I have been following the build instructions for tm16xx-display which hasn't been a smooth process. I've had to remove some forward slashes in the Makefile so it would find the drivers/auxdisplay folder and the line-display.mo…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Hello, I have a Tanix TX6-A TV box and I’ve tried many Armbian builds, including the ones from https://armbian.com/boards/tanix-tx6 and ophub. However, the onboard Wi-Fi does not work on any of them. Has anyone found an Armbian image that works properly with the Tanix TX6-A, including Wi-Fi support?
-
Im trying to flash armbian into the eMMC but its not detected, only the SD card. What should i do? Useful info: CPU/Chip/Idk: sun8iw7p1 PCB Model(?): H3 Q44 V4.0 Uname -a: Linux orangepipcplus 6.12.58-current-sunxi #1 SMP Thu Nov 13 20:34:41 UTC 2025 armv7l GNU/Linux dmesg | grep -i mmc [ 0.000000] Kernel command line: root=UUID=cf60c629-17b3-4fb8-91bb-24bd021f8c6b rootwait rootfstype=ext4 splash=verbose console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty1 hdmi.audio=EDID:0 disp.screen0_output_mode=1920x1080p60 consoleblank=0 loglevel=1 ubootpart=def8ba6d-01 ubootsource=mmc usb-storage.quirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u sunxi_ve_mem_reserve=…
-
Hi Does anyone have any advice on how to get Armbian running on this device. I am comeplety new to Armbian. Is there a generic Allwinner H6 image that I need to modify? Any advice pls? Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey i am looking for a suitable armbian distro for my tv box with the allwinner h313, 2gb ram and 8bg emmc.
-
Hi everyone, I have a Multilaser tablet with the Allwinner A50 chip and I wanted to compile a DTB file for it, so I could boot Armbian, but I haven't found anything on the internet about PIN MAP or anyone who has worked with this chip. Also, it already has an unlocked bootloader. I really wanted to do a project with this tablet, as I'm a student at the Federal Institute and it would be a great project!
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello comunity members, I've installed and run Armbian_community_25.11.0-trunk.437_Tanix-tx6_trixie_current_6.12.47_minimal Since my Tanix TX 6 is running pretty hot in my opinion I want to reduce the operating frequency. Please help me with some instructions how to do so, since I couldn't find any. Thank you in advance.
-
Hi Armbian community, I'm trying to install Armbian on my Worldchip K16 tablet and would appreciate guidance on compatibility and installation steps. Device Specifications: · Model: Worldchip K16 · SoC: Allwinner sun50iw10p1 (likely A64/H5 variant) · CPU: Quad-core Cortex-A53 (ARMv8 64-bit) · Current OS: Android 11 · Architecture: aarch64 (ARMv8l) · GPU: Mali-400MP2 (typical for this SoC) · RAM: Unknown (estimated 2-4GB based on similar devices) · Storage: Unknown (likely 32-64GB eMMC)
-
Hello guys i want to use linux on mx pro tv box from pendrive when i flash armbian image to pendrive and click the secret button on box nothing boots up can any one guide me on this thankyou:)
-
Hello everyone, good day. I have a problem and I want to share it with you, maybe we can find a solution. I have a Next MyBox Android box, model H313, with 2GB of RAM (I don't know the LDDR3 type, but I think it's LDDR3). I want to install Armbian on this device via an SD card, but I have a problem: the eMMC flash memory was faulty and causing a short circuit. I removed and cleaned it, but now when I try to install Armbian like X96Q with the SD card, I can't see a display or an IP address on my router. There's no HDMI display either. If you have any information about this, could you please share it?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 987 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I am a (not so) proud owner of a Pendoo X6 PRO and i'm trying to convert it into a NAS but dealing with the android APKs on such old android version is a nightmare, so i'm opting for ARMbian but without any success so far... i've tried to use the images for the TX6 which supposedly has the same CPU but when i insert the SD card i just get a black screen, black 7 segments display and no ethernet cable activity... i'm attaching the hardware report hoping for a miracle, thank you to whoever will decide to spend some time guiding me on this project Device Info Report.txt
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 974 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello ik316q-emcp_v6.0 full dump please
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 968 views
-
-
I tried installing armbian on tx6 because I saw a .img file for the tanix tx6 to turn it as a Minecraft server but I quickly run into problems
-
Back to the "drawing board" in the search for a solution. 🤔
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 908 views
-
-
I need a Linux system that runs on an x98h device Anything that does not work is not booted by the device
-
Searching for testpoint for the MX10-L TVstick
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 890 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello Armbian community! I would like to share an updated experiment with an old MX9 Android TV Box based on the Allwinner H3. There are older discussions in this forum about running Armbian on the MX9/H3, so I decided to revisit this hardware in 2026 using a much newer Armbian userspace and kernel. This is NOT officially supported Armbian hardware. This is a community experiment using the Orange Pi PC platform as the base. CURRENT HARDWARE Device: MX9 4K TV Box SoC: Allwinner H3 CPU: 4x ARM Cortex-A7 Architecture: ARMv7 / armhf RAM detected: ~1 GB Original system: Android Boot device: microSD Display: HDMI …
-
Hi, guys! I have a tablet Iconbit Skat LE that have android 4.2.2. I want to make from it a ha dashboard. So I found info that I can install armbian. But I have an issue, it doesn't contains my tablet or even company of it. So maybe someone can help to explain?
-
Hi, I wanted to share what I did to get a recent Armbian build working reliably on my Tanix TX6 (Allwinner H6), in case it helps other users or developers. My TX6 would not boot the recent Armbian image normally. The image I was testing was based on Debian 13 Trixie with: Linux 6.18.50-current-sunxi64 The Linux/rootfs part itself was usable, but the board would not boot correctly with the boot chain included in the recent image. 1. Getting the recent image to boot What finally worked was creating a hybrid image. I kept the recent Armbian Linux partition/root filesystem unchanged, but replaced the low-level boot components with those…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 865 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Suggestions will be very appreciated.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 857 views
-
-
Search root for this motherboard. The device is tvbox Fobem Duo
-
Hello everyone , i tried flashing the slimboxtv using phoenix app , but failed in the middle of it and the device wont boot and wont go into bootloader mode anymore . Driver was installed successfully , but what i did that was not mentioned on the tutorial was plugging the usb cable after the power cable whipe holding the reset button as it didnt detect it via usb cable alone . Any way to unbrick ? Anyhelp would be appreciated
-
I'm looking for firmware for this MXQ 5G PLUS 4K TV box. I wanted the Armbian version but I can't find it. If anyone has it, please send it to me.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 824 views
- 1 follower
-
-
It is an h313 all winner box. But i can't point the RAM at all.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 804 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello Armbian community, I want to share the experience I have had bringing Armbian to life on my own Q8 tablet with an Allwinner A33 SoC. This is not an official Armbian-supported device and it is not a universal image for every tablet sold as “Q8”. It is a community experiment based on one specific hardware revision. I am sharing it because these tablets are often discarded, even though they can still become useful Linux devices with patience, testing and good documentation. Why I started My goal was not to turn this tablet into a modern desktop computer. I wanted to reuse it as a small portable Linux machine for learning, lightweight entertainment, …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 755 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi! I have T95MAX v.2 board with H616 and AXP313A. I cannot up Panfrost acceleration, i think it because no renderD128 node at /dev/dri. Kernel module panfrost is laoded. Also, i' ve seen this strings at dmesg [ 1.658450] PM: always-on PM domain PLL is not on [ 1.658480] sun50i-h6-prcm-ppu 7010250.power-controller: Failed to add PLL power domain: -22 [ 1.658494] sun50i-h6-prcm-ppu 7010250.power-controller: probe with driver sun50i-h6-prcm-ppu failed with error -22 root@transpeed-8k618-t:~# ls /dev/dri by-path card0 root@transpeed-8k618-t:~# lsmod | grep panfrost panfrost 90112 0 drm_shmem_helper 28672 …
-
Hi, i wanna go to armbian on the box, because the android webview's version is too old, don't have security updates (from 2019), and is so heavy for the ram. This is the specs: Model on case: MX9PRO 5G ONLY 8K Board Model: Hibox 1344_v1.0 (IK3160805) Date Model: 2020. 12. 08 RAM: physical 1G (On the android dectets 970 MB) SOC: Allwinner H313/H616 Device space: 8 GB
-
Hello guys, i got 2 old fullbox rikomagic mk802 stick android mini pc. Variant Allwinner A10,Ram 512Mb. I tested armbian 26.05 via 4 config : limea1000 boot ok pcduino1 ok cubieboard ok olimex a10 lime stuck at boot os stage, same with official debian 3.4 kernel images of olimex enabled video output for desktop environment. It boot but will take a lot of time to finish
-
I am trying to boot Armbian Linux on my budget X96Q Pro TV Box, but I have not been able to successfully boot into Linux even once. I am stuck and need some expert guidance on how to get this board to accept a Linux image. The Problem The Physical Reset Button is Broken: The recovery button inside the AV port does not work at all. It does not feel like it's clicking, and holding it while powering on does absolutely nothing. The Terminal Quirks: Because I can't use the hardware button, I am trying to trigger the boot via software from inside Android using a terminal app. Typing reboot update just reboots the box straight back into standard Android…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 475 views
- 1 follower
-
-
the latest community build for tanix tx6 is not booting up for some reason. but the ophub's build works fine.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 454 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone, I have an S96Q+ H616/H313 TV box and I am looking for a working Linux/Armbian or OpenWrt image, or the correct DTB configuration to boot. I am fully ready to test any trial images or boot configurations you send over! **Hardware Details:** - **Device Name:** S96Q+ (Marked as 6K on the plastic shell) - **SoC:** Allwinner H313 / H616 Family (Reported as h313/616 in system apps) - **GPU:** ARM Mali-G31 MP2 - **RAM/Storage:** 4GB RAM / 64GB eMMC - **Physical Ports:** 3x USB ports, 1x Ethernet (RJ45), 1x Headphone jack, 1x DC Power **Networking Setup:** - **Wi-Fi:** Confirmed to be standard Single-band 2.4GHz Wi-Fi only. The exact ch…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 434 views
-
-
EMMC Chip Found! 0/OK EMMC CID: 90014A483847316505075CC45C0F62F9 - VALID EMMC CSD: D02701320F5903FFFFFFFFEF8A4040D3 - VALID EMMC VENDOR: SKHYNIX EMMC NAME: H8G1e EMMC DATE: 6/2015 EMMC SERIAL: 5CC45C0F EMMC REVISION: 0x07 EMMC ROM1 Size: 15269888 Block(s)/7456 MB EMMC ROM2/3 Size: 8192 Block(s)/4096 KB EMMC RPMB Size: 8192 Block(s)/4096 KB EMMC RPMB Counter: 0, State: Dirty EMMC RPMB Answer: 0/OK Switch To ROM1 Part: 0/OK EMMC REV: 1.7 (for MMC v5.0, v5.01) EMMC VER: MMC 5.0 EMMC DEV Life Time: 0x03 - Urgent EMMC MLC Life Time: 0x0B - Exceeded its Maximum Estimated Device Life Time EMMC SLC Life Time: 0x01 - 0% - 10% Life Time Used Warning! EMMC Health Report is Very B…
-
I’m trying to install Armbian on this ODM STB. I’m using a TTL board with the following specifications: 8 GB eMMC, 1 GB RAM, and Android 10. I’ve already tried running the “reboot update” command via the terminal with root access, but I still can’t run the Armbian installation I placed on the USB-A drive. The version of Armbian I’m using is Armbian-unofficial_26.02.0-trunk_Mxqpro-h313_trixie_current_6.12.74_cinnamon_desktop.img.xz
-
Topic: Armbian GNU/Linux for 'TX9PROMAX' TV box (not to be confused with the Tanix TX9, this one is a fake version of Tanix TX9 Pro) I am a beginner who wants to flash Armbian GNU/Linux to my fake TV box. It claims a high-end device specifications on the manual, box and even on the underside of the box itself (such as 256 gigabytes of storage and 8 gigabytes of RAM). However, that is completely false, proven by opening the box. Upon analysis of the TV box, we see that it has the following device specifications (given below in the form of a table): Note that the device specifications have been checked and I am sure that these are the specifications. The GitHub …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 270 views
- 1 follower
-