General Chat
An area for discussing general topics about Armbian on TV Boxes
548 topics in this forum
-
Can someone please validate the steps I am going to do is correct or does it need any changes. Please experts let me know if any changes is required to the below steps. https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s905/wiki Root of s9xxx (S905 S905X S912) https://yadi.sk/d/srrtn6kpnsKz2 https://yadi.sk/d/srrtn6kpnsKz2/Linux/ARMBIAN/5.64/20181019 Step 1: From the above link download the file Armbian_5.64_Aml-s9xxx_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.19.0-rc7_desktop_20181019.img.xz Step 2: Unzip file using 7zip in windows 7zip => Armbian_5.64_Aml-s9xxx_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.19.0-rc7_desktop_20181019.img.xz = Armbian_5…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello I am new at the forum. My english is not good but i can understand all :) I have a Magicsse n5 android box (S905X) and i like to install Armbian on it (on a micro sd card) I have done everything in the manual but I'm only assigned to the user and assigned root and then linux should start. But it does not do it, it only flashes in the top left of an arrow. I tried it with this file "meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb" but it does not work .... Do you have any idea why it is not working? Thank you :)
-
Ive been wanting to try putting linux on a cheap android box I got (TX3 Pro) that just collects dust now so I wanted to try out one of the downloads you guys have here but the official "Yandex Disk" download link won't work for me it downloads really slow and after about an hour it always fails. Are there any mirrors up? I was hoping to try the Ubuntu version but I'm just experimenting so would try and available downloads I could get.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
In the new year, I plan to focus on improving and developing Armbian-TV (Armbian-TV is a version that is based on the official Armbian, aimed at improved support for media capabilities and ease of use by ordinary users) support for the platforms Rockchip and Allwinner (perhaps a few more platforms will be added that are not yet in use). To do this, I have already ordered several popular models based on rk3399 (NanoPC T4, RockPi 4, Renegade-Elite), in a complete set with obligatory Support of nvme carriers (I consider this support essentially important, for transition of TV boxes and SBS to the category of mini-PC, as highly effective and improved replacement of the usua…
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 6.8k views
- 4 followers
-
-
I have a TV box with S905L3B (dtb file in android system is named gxlx2_p291_1g.dtb). However, I can't find a suitable dtb file for Armbian. So I wonder if I or someone else can adjust or modify the dtb file to boot an Armbian system if I have the gxlx2_p291_1g.dtb and gxlx2_p291_1g.dts files from the Android system(4.4.2)?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Sincerally i don't really understand why so many people say bad thing of tvboxes with armbian.. i work daily with tvboxes and sold a few hundreds.. and i used dozens for installing coreelec, libreelec, armbian and home assistant in it and yes, they give a bit more work to set up than some well known boards specifically designed for development builds, but after everything is installed and set up, it's very rare for them to give any issues.. and you pay just a fraction of the cost and have hardware very close to the best recommended boards, and sometimes even better hardware.. what i recommend is using the more known ones and use good sdcards.. sincerally.. stop spreading …
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Ayufan’s Armbian on a V88 Piano or V88 Mini III These two TV boxes seem to be electrically identical except that the V88 Mini III has 2 GB RAM and 8 GB ROM whereas the V88 Piano has 4 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM. They use the same PCB as can be seen from the photos in these FreakTab topics:- - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rockchip-based-tv-players/rk3328-devices/681869-scishion-v88-piano-tv-box-rk3328-4gb-ram-16gb-rom-android-7-1-usb-3-0-fast-lan - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rockchip-based-tv-players/rk3328-devices/663248-scishion-v88-mini-iii-tv-box-rk3328-2-8gb-2-4-wifi-fast-lan I do not have a V88 Mini III to te…
-
Reputation Points
- 24 replies
- 23.1k views
- 4 followers
-
-
According to 2019 intruction post of TX3 mini tvbox, here https://www.codedbearder.com/posts/mainline-linux-on-tx3-mini/ I would like to know that the newer hardware are possible to go with linux on internal storage or not? i'm planning to buy it. I would like to have linux running on the internal memory. I wonder if there is an issue with changing from eMMC to NAND on this model and the internal memory can't be used for linux installation anymore. Please anyone help clarify this issue?
-
good evening, I wanted to install armbian (desktop version) on an android box (x96 mini) ... reading here and there on various forums I saw that they managed to install it, but I (following the various steps) am having several problems. can I ask you step by step the procedures to follow? thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 6.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I followed a standard guide to install docker on Ubuntu 20.04 https://medium.com/@Grigorkh/how-to-install-docker-on-ubuntu-20-04-f1b99845959e everything went fine until I tried sudo apt install docker-ce which suggested I try a amd64 specific version: Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Package docker-ce is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source However the following packages replace it: …
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 10.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Balbes, I am M-tech student and trying to do R&D on S905 image. I need the remmina-next plugin for ARM-64 board. Please try to make it for me. So, that I can continue my research. Also, I have try to modify the S905 image with the help of my senior then I am getting S905 black Xorg. Can anyone guide me on this that would be a plus point to my work. Please reply to me ASAP as I have to give update of my work in this week earlier. Thankyou !!!
-
Hi I have TV box as per the subject (MX170 board with no reset switch to be more specific). Wrote this image (on SD Card): Armbian_19.11.3_Aml-g12_bionic_legacy_5.3.0_desktop_20191126.img.xz Using this DTB file (updated file name in uEnv.ini): meson-gxbb-vega-s95-meta.dtb (tried all other meson-gxbb-*.dtb files without success) Able to boot and so far everything (including LAN) seems to be working, except wi-fi. The module appears to load, but wireless card does not scan networks or connect to other networks. Extract from dmesg: [ 8.343637] asoc-simple-card sound: i2s-hifi <-> mes…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 5.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have a small beelink Z83 box running windows 10 connected via ethernet to my router and my 1G/100Mbit fiber connection. https://androidtvbox.eu/beelink-z83-mini-pc-powered-intel-atom-x5-z8300-cherry-trail-promo/ running speedtest windows store app on this computer, usually it is closer to 980/110, ping is usually 1-2ms next to it I have a beelink GT1 octa core box running armbian 20.04 rc, connected via ethernet to my router (Linksys EA7500) https://androidtvbox.eu/beelink-gt1-review-smart-tv-box-with-android-6-0-powered-by-amlogic-s912/ running speed test on it produces 400-500Mb tops, usually it…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a problem. “ddbr” can not make a backup of a andriod system in a Amlogic S905 TV box with a NAND flash, see this link for more details. When I use 'ddbr' in an Ambian system booted by USB drive, it shows below: root@SumavisionQ5:~# ddbr DO YOU WANT TO BACKUP OR RESTORE ? BACKUP=(b) RESTORE=(r) b UNABLE TO FIND ANY EMMC OR SD DRIVES ON THIS SYSTEM!!! I think someone else must have the same problem. Can we make an improvement of 'ddbr' , so that it can be used for a NAND flash.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Hello everyone, I am not having any luck with the wifi on the H96 Max X3. I see posts saying the wifi on this box work with meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb / meson-sm1-H96max-X3.dtb or h96max-x2-test-bus80-gpu-volt.dtb but they are not working for me. I did put the BCM4335C0.hcd in /lib/firmware/brcm and the driver apparently loaded. Everything else seems to be working ok. A few posts mentioned it works with kernel 5.6rc1 and 5.7 but I couldn't find those images. I tried all the images Mr. Balbes have on https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/arm-64/ and I also tried installing the headers. It works fine with Emulec and Android…
-
Hi. Thanks so much for the effort that's been put in to this. It's really quite amazing what I can do with my little TV box! I've had some issues getting armbian to work fully though, and I believe it's entirely down to the dtb.img not being quite right. I'm using: gxm_q201_2g.dtb On the xenial mate version found: https://yadi.sk/d/srrtn6kpnsKz2/Linux/ARMBIAN/5.44/kernel_3.14 Which, while booting up fine, gives me no WiFi. When I run: dmesg | grep wifi I see several lines like: aml_wifi wifi.36: [wifi_dev_probe] no power_on_pin2 ... (…
-
Hi All, I'm using Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Debian_stretch_3.14.29_xfce_20171226.img image file on an amlogic S912 board. That image doesn't have a usblp module compiled in the kernel. Does anyone can tell me where I can find the kernel used on that image and the .config file with the used options so I can compile the usblp module to use on it? Thanks a lot.
-
can someone please help the idiot (me) to install armbian into internal emmc ? there is no /dev/data device so install.sh doesn't work after reboot from android or even after two or 51 reboots. what i did 1. made micro sd with etcher and Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Ubuntu_bionic_3.14.29_server_20180729.img. as i can see 3.14 kernel is the only kernel that works with my meecool. 2. copy gxl_p281_2g.dtb or gxl_p212_2g.dtb to sd's root into dtb.img 3 run update with aml_autoscript.zip from android 4. reboot to armbian booted from sd. make new user and so on. ethernet works. 5. reboot again 6. run install.sh that fails with no /dev/data …
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 11.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I purchased this TV box for my project to make an Hybrid media player/server based on Linux. I selected the Excelvan TV box as it Is the only based on S912 and with a SATA Port to add an hard disk. The idea is to: - install Armbian - install and activate Kodi stand alone - install Media server (Plex or Emby) Anyone succeeded in getting a fully working Armbian installation? Can It boot from the SATA disk? So far I succeeded in installing Armbian (dtb gxm-q200) from USB but ethernet port is not working. I am waiting for an HD Firecuda 1TB to test of it can run from the SATA disk. Appreciate any help on my project. Inviato dal mio MI 8 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm at my wit's end here, I've tried all I can think of. I have this Mecool M8S Pro, I've been trying to root it, flash twrp, and install armbian. There is no way to access bootloader, or maybe it's the same as recovery. When I put armbian on an sdcard and made an armbian_first_run.txt file, I first tried using the update app. I picked the aml_autoscript.zip, and confirmed the update, then a message pops up and says "shutting down", then nothing I've left this for a long time and the box never comes back on. Basically, the box won't turn on if there is an sdcard in the slot. I've looked at all the logs available from the recovery screen and after I try this it says someth…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 9.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I am newbie to linux. I have loaded the armbian 5.14xx image in NAND Flash through nand sata install.However wifi is not working. how to fix this issue? I already used modprobe rtl8192cu command but it does not work. https://ometv.onl https://chatroulette.top https://omegle.wtf https://bazoocam.cam thanks tanmaysaha
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3k views
-
-
I have a board of S905W with 1GB+8GB. I want to configure sound with HDMI output during RDP (Remmina) but when I do RDP and plays a video no sound comes out. I have a kernel version of 3.14.29. Please let me know how can I enable a sound on this board during RDP.
-
hello have an old s812 box I was going to trash. I came across this forum. Its an m8s device with a m8_v8 motherboard, s812 cpu, and 1gb of ram. i went through this post @ https://forum.armbian.com/topic/3023-armbian-for-amlogic-s802s812/ I think it is a clone with a m8v8 motherboard. I can't figure out which one is the otg port of the two usb ports, or if i need to jump a resistor on that port by the usb port, etc. Amlogic flasher will not find it on a usb 2 or 3 port on ym pc. Basically I want to load whatever version of armbian that works, and install pi hole, the dns sink hole) and a script to keep the logs i…
-
hi, I am considering getting a couple of inexpensive tv boxes to play with, my goals in order of interest would be: - Test Linux running some monitoring bash scripts. - Test Linux running some lan services as PiHole, nginx service fallback static pages for a couple of domains. - Test Linux acting as a thin client to RDP servers (think LTSP). - Test Android acting as a thin client to RDP servers (think LTSP). I don´t intend to run all of these at once, but rather test how well those work (or not). I am leaning towards TV Boxes instead of SBCs for the "all in one piece" factor, with SMBs getting the board+case+PSU+wifi-dongle rapidly see…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 25.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi folks, I have a Miniand MiniX Plus 1Gb version that I plan to use as a small home-server with OMV and video-grabbing from my IP cam with VLC. This will be attached to 2 old IDE HDDs via USB-IDE adapter. http://linux-sunxi.org/Pineriver_H24 It has 2 usb ports on the front and a very bad wifi adapter soldered to a usb port internally. I have desoldered the WIFI module to change it for a USB-Ethernet adapter. So I have 2 USB ports and one USB-OTG port. Previously I've used the legacy kernel with fex files modding the USB configuration, to make all 3 USB ports act as USB. Recently I've tried the mainline kernel and I can't make the OTG-USB port to act as a USB port. …
-
I'd like to do hardware-accelerated H.264 encoding on TX3 Mini. I compiled latest Armbian with kernel 5.1.0, however it is not working, when I try to use a h264_v4l2m2m encoder, I get this error: [h264_v4l2m2m @ 0xaaaae3bb2a20] driver 'meson-vdec' on card 'Amlogic Video Decoder' [h264_v4l2m2m @ 0xaaaae3bb2a20] Could not find a valid device [h264_v4l2m2m @ 0xaaaae3bb2a20] can't configure encoder On lsmod, I only see amlogic-vdec, not venc[oder]...
-
Hi All I started playing with Armbian recently with some old S905 / S905X based TV Box devices I had lying around. Im working with a T95 S1, an A95X and an MXQ Pro and using the images from @balbes150 yandisk repo (thanks!) Mostly everything seems to work fine except when transferring data to or from the devices (I havent tested WiFi or BT). My problem is that I cant use the ethernet to transfer any files. Network data transfers start as expected then get gradually slower and slower until after 10-15 seconds at which point data transfer stops and the device becomes unresponsive for a few minutes. Eventually I can SSH back into the device but any at…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello All! Just got my MINI M8S today and thanks to Armbian, I now have Debian up and running. I used "Armbian_5.24_Amlogic-s905x_Debian_jessie_3.14.29_20170118.img" The only issue I have is that some of the ALSA kernel modules that are needed for MIDI support are disabled in this kernel. Specifically, SND_SEQ_OSS, and possibly one or two others. So I went ahead and installed the "linux-source" package, which matched up nicely with the existing headers. After uncompressing, I copied "cp ../linux-headers-3.14.29/Module.symvers .", then I ran 'make menuconfig', which pulled in the config from '/boot' and I proceeded to enable the pertinent module options with…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 12.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Can anyone help me to install linux on the box i testet Armbian_5.76_Aml-s905_Debian_stretch_default_4.20.5_20190224.img whit etcher on usb stick and 905x-p212.dtb as dtb.img then i test Armbian_5.78_Aml-s905_Ubuntu_bionic_default_5.1.0-rc1_desktop_20190409.img.xz whit meson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb dont work but after update the box only an error write the image to USB stick whit etcher what for files i need for beelink gt1 mini?
-
Hello. I have successfully booted Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.035_Aw-h6-tv_buster_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200204 on to R TV Box X10 Plus and have docker and Home assistant running at about 25% load. I would like to move it from SD card to emmc but when I issue the nand-sata-install command in a terminal window, it reports command not found and lists special scripts for many setups, but not the H6. I also cannot access the usb3 port, which I think is a device tree issue, I believe the proper dtb needs to be loaded but I don't know where to find it or how to install it.
-
I found the correct method to fix the bug that the x96-max-plus(s905x3) gigabit ethernet does not work: Up to now, only HK1Box/vontar x3 is the only s905x3 TV box that can be used perfectly in armbian. So I extracted the bootloader of hk1box and wrote it into x96-max-plus, and it worked. This method is very simple, so it is recommended to everyone in need. Step 1: upload three dtbs into /boot/dtb/amlogic : meson-sm1-x96-max-plus-100m.dtb meson-sm1-x96-max-plus.dtb meson-sm1-hk1box-vontar-x3.dtb (Similar to meson-sm1-x96-max-plus.dtb, only the modal name is changed) Step 2: modify /boot/uEnv.txt, replace dtb…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 40.5k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hi, ____ ___ / ___|/ _ \__ ____ ____ __ \___ \ (_) \ \/ /\ \/ /\ \/ / ___) \__, |> < > < > < |____/ /_//_/\_\/_/\_\/_/\_\ Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.44 user-built Ubuntu Disco Dingo (development branch) 3.14.29 System load: 1.51 1.42 1.39 Up time: 1:26 hour Memory usage: 57 % of 781MB Swap usage: 34 % of 390Mb IP: x.x.x.x CPU temp: 40°C Usage of /: 52% of 27G [ General system configuration (beta): armbian-config ] I have a server lamp actif, when I use mastodon (firefox) th…
-
Hello Guys, I bought this box 2 years ago and practicaly never used. After home cleaning found it and fought "if it run Android, it can run any Linux". I alredy have RBpi B3+ and with this TV Box now I could have a small open source data center and practice with ngnx, MariaDB, Postgree, MySQL, NodeJS, PHP, Python etc. After research I found this web, and liked Armbian idea. Issues: 1. This box looks identical to MXQ-4K, however the image did not work. When I opened it, the procesor was Allwinner H3, PCB is AK-H3-MXQ4K-V1.1 (https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/GUANZHI_Android_TV_BOX_H3) 2. I have many SD/microSD (brand and non brand…
-
Hello is there a chance to run manjaro arm server / desktop on tv box mxq pro 4k amilogic s905x? or how does the process of building such a system look like?
-
If you dont need GPIO then you are probably better off looking at TV boxes or boards intended for that market instead of an SBC. That market is starting to see PCIe and USB3 attached 4x4 wifi chips and at very cheap prices. I brought back some dirt cheap RK3399 TV box boards back from China in June with AP6255 (2T2R) chips that perform much better than expected as an AP for upto 5-6 simultaneous clients. I get approx 425Mbps with 1 client, ~295Mbps with 3 clients and ~165Mbps with 6 clients. Thats line of sight in a ring approx 3 meter radius around the AP. I also get 890Mbps on the GB port on boards that cost me about €35 each (¥27500 for 100 boards) ¥275 / …
-
Reputation Points
- 20 replies
- 30.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
https://dosya.co/irtohgogh4hh/Screenshot_20210917-153104.png.html Hep kırmızı ışıkta beklemek. Hiçbir şey hareket etmiyor. Cihaz açılmıyor. cihazı nasıl geri yükleyebilirim Lütfen yardımcı olur musunuz :(((
-
Hello everyone i am new to armbian and i want to install it on my box it's amlogic s805 md201d board please take a look here and here My box doesn't have micro sd slot that's why i would like to install it to nand. I have previously installed Libreelec on the box and the way to do it was through android recovery menu. Is there a way to install armbian through the android recovery menu or via Libreelec comand line ?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, My OS : Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Debian_stretch_3.14.29_server_20180601 My Devise: X96 mini ( 1 G Ram 8 flash + SD 16 G sdcard ) I want to use hw codec of the aml with ffmpeg So i find https://github.com/roman-rybalko/FFlmpeg-aml/ so i try to compil : AML_LIBS git clone https://github.com/Owersun/c2_aml_libs.git cd c2_aml_libs make all -j4 make install cd .. copy all files from /usr/lib/aml_libs/ to /usr/local/lib (or change the path of the install ) cp /usr/lib/aml_libs/ld.so.conf /usr/local/lib/ld.so.conf cp /usr/lib/aml_libs/libamadec.so /usr/local/lib/libamadec.so cp /usr/lib/…
-
Reputation Points
- 89 replies
- 33k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Some Time ago I bought a cheap Z28 TV Box fromGearbest for 27€. I was curious about this chip after I saw a Picture of the Rock64 here on Armbian. When I first connected the Box it only comes up with 720p Resolution, far away from 4K at all. Some other things happened, Rock64 was send to Devs and Developement seems to become more and more Stable, so it tried to check Ayufans Android Image on this Box. I got me the Android Tools and flashed the Image to the box on a Windows Machine . Adroid came up without Network, (as expected) but seeing this Image Booting made me thnking of trying the a Desktop Image on this Box. The Android Image can be flashed via An…
-
I bought a HK1 Max (~20$) especially for make a small linux home server for my projects. Why Rockchip? I found rockchip repo on github with ffmpeg and gstreamer libs for hardware encoding. It's very important (but not critical necessary) for me. So... HK1 Max 2/16 (2.4Ghz + 5Ghz + BT4.0 wireless) Tech specs: CPU: RK3318 RAM: 2Gb DDR3L Samsung K4B2G0446D eMMC: 16Gb KLMAG2GE4A-A001 LAN: Rockchip (???) Wi-Fi + Bluetooth: HK6334Q (Not found information about it) 2.4Ghz + 5Ghz + BT On first run I dump some partitions from Android (This TV Box has root out of the box): dtb dtbo boot trust securit…
-
Hello all, I need some help. I have a Beelink GT1 Mini TV Box 64GB Gigabit Lan 4 GB Ram. I use this stock firmware: v007P0 stock firmware LPDDR4 version (SN: 95X2) for Beelink GT1 Mini TV Box from here. https://beelink-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/firmwareservice_beelink_onmicrosoft_com/EQ8GFfRPJopFoKLfJt71qyMB7ZuofgTb_L3_VW3CHO2g2g?e=Hq70yf https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-android-pie-9-v007p0-stock-firmware-for-beelink-gt1-mini-tv-box.html I am trying to flash Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_buster_current_5.9.0.img.xz using the meson-g12a-gt1-mini-a but I get the error here-below: I have tried all other meson-g12a with…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 13.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi I’m thinking of buying a more powerful TV box, and I see that everyone recommends Rockchip. However, when I look at performance, I notice that the S905X3 has much more power than an RK3566 and is also cheaper. There are comments that development for Amlogic is stalled, but new versions continue to be released from what I can see. I only want it for setting up a Pi-hole and some Dockerized applications. Am I making a mistake if I go for an S905X3? Currently, I have an S905X, and although it was a bit challenging, it’s working quite well
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 11.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all, I have sadly had to reinstall my nicely build Armbian system after a bad update I can't run ddbr to make a backup of my eMMC. Whether as root on my OS on eMMC, or booted from USB drive, command "ddbr" does not exist. What can I do? This seems to be missing on both Armbian_20.08_Arm-64_focal_current_5.7.15_desktop.img and Armbian_20.09_Arm-64_buster_current_5.8.5.img I might be doing something wrong but i tried both "ddbr" and "sudo ddbr", says command does not exist. Regards,
-
Hi With a web search and in Kodi wiki I found only outdated info. Which ARM board with much better performance than Raspberry (I want 4K streaming) and good Linux support? Which is the flagship of 2023 for TV box? Installation and setup should be easy, like a x86 PC. I am not yet sure if I run LibreElec or armbian Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, can someone help me with Armbian for this Android box, which seems to have a good configuration for a media center? I would like to know how to flash it and which firmware image I can install on it. Thank you. BBox 4K Specifications: Dimensions: 15x15x3.6cm SoC: Marvell BG4-CT Processor RAM: 2 GB Internal Memory: 16 GB 4K – UHD: Ultra HD, for 4 times better image quality DTS and Dolby sound with S/PDIF and HDMI audio output 128 GB TV recorder, to be completed with the media of your choice Connectivity: SD card reader / 2 USB 2.0 ports Wi-Fi Bluetooth
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
I am trying to compile 150 Balbes source for a customer kernel. I would like to enable CAN, VCAN and SLCAN support in the kernel. I copied the config file from /boot to the Amlogic_s905-kernel directory as .config. I then ran make menuconfig and was able to select CAN, VCAN and SLCAN to enable those modules. I then ran make and it seemed to build fine. It took several hours so I went to sleep. I didn't find any errors in the morning and I was able to see the new files under /arch/arm64/boot. At that point I was a little confused on how to get the new kernel to emmc and boot it. I thought before I screw something up I would see if I could just build the modules wi…
-
Hello, I'm from China. I bought tx3 Mini 2G / 16g with 120 yuan. I want to use this TV box to run armbin and use meson-gxl-s905w-tx3- mini.dtb Or meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb. Everything is OK, but memory usage is only 801mb. You can provide me. DTB file
-
This is an adaptation of something @SteeMan wrote in this post, but we need to refer to it often enough that I thought I would make it into a sticky. Amlogic (S9xx) Android based TV Boxes 1. They are not supported. 2. A single developer (@balbes150) had worked years on getting things to the state they are. 3. As of October 14th, 2020 balbes150 removed support for Amlogic CPUs, so that is the last build that will maybe work on your box. 4. There is a very small number of people on this forum/club that are able to provide any guidance. 5. Most likely no one on this forum/club has ever seen your specific box. 6. Expectations should be set low (i…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 13.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone, I would like to build an updated Armbian image for balbes150's arm-64 implementation. Image family found here: https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/arm-64/ I have started some work on my personal armbian branch here: https://github.com/SLAzurin/build-armbian-custom/tree/arm64tv Currently, I'm not sure about my progress, there were times I was able to build an image, but the machine wouldn't boot successfully. (using xdarklight's kernel files https://github.com/xdarklight/linux/tree/meson-mx-integration-5.14-20210718) At most, it would boot into u-boot, and then hang after trying to start the Linux kernel. When I try using balbes1…
-
Dears, Can somebody help me to learn how boot process ongoing on s905w (i.e. tx3-mini)? I want to add support for s905 in my project (basically it is build from scratch just enough os for mythtv). My target is to use as much as possible mainline kernel/u-boot/v4l2-m2m etc. So how should I organise sw/scripts to allow booting mainline kernel on s905w? thx in advance!
-
Reputation Points
- 40 replies
- 29.6k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, I am posting from work, so do not currently have access to my MXQ box, meaning what I am about to explain is based on last nights attempt at running Armbian from a SDCard I will try to be as detailed as I can.... I have been following a tutorial at the MXQProject website in order to install the Mate Armbian distro (5.41) onto a MXQ / S805 Android box (although I have chosen to use the XFCE distro instead). All seems to goes well, until I get to the first Armbian login prompt (the bit where I enter 'root' as the user and '1234' as the password). As I understand the MXQProject tutorial, after successfully loggi…
-
I install armabian success on SD card and make guid : https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/#how-to-install-to-emmc-nand-sata-usb but error command not found I used armbian : Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.037_Aml-s9xxx_bionic_current_5.5.0-rc6_20200205.img.xz Can current armbian be installed on eMMC? please help me .
-
Hello, I have updated my TX5 Plus Deluxe (4GB/64GB,1Gb Eth) to the latest official Android firmware (newton 20201224) and finally managed to start Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_buster_current_5.9.0.img from USB Flashdisk. I tested several DTB files for ethernet speed and working soundcard (aplay -l). Here are some results: 1. started with meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb recommended for Tanix TX3 (similar box). Result - NO SOUND, 100mb Ethernet 2. next - meson-sm1-sei610-x96maxplus.dtb I found here. Result is surprising - Gigabit ethernet WORKING, but no sound. This is good news because it's working with original Tanix bootloader (speed confirmed …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 6.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I know this is a bit of a long shot given the age of the hardware, but I’m wondering if anyone here has ever experimented with running Armbian on an EVPad 2S (the old Android TV box). I’ve been tinkering with some older devices and thought it might be interesting to see if this one can be repurposed. I’ve attached a screenshot of the system info - unfortunately, it’s pretty sparse. The box is running Android 4.4.2 with kernel version 3.4.39, but the processor type is listed as “UNKNOWN,” and I haven’t found much documentation on the chipset or board layout. so before I dive deeper I wanted to ask: Has anyone managed to get Armbian (or…
-
Hello, I have compiled the kernel and bootloader from: https://github.com/150balbes/build It generates *.deb for uboot, kernel and dtb files , i downloaded those file to my ubuntu installed os on my sd card, then I have run dpkg --install *.deb files and rebooted, when rebooted the box won't start, even the LED is not lighted !? , I have tried to make hard reset even I have removed the SD card and made a hard reset , the box won't start at all. I think when I have run the dpkg install command it wrotes the bootloaded into /dev/mmcblk0 which is I guess the internal emmc file. Is there any thing I could do to deblock the situation. …
-
I installed armbian 20.04 on my beelink GT1 TV box on a fast SD card https://androidtvbox.eu/beelink-gt1-review-smart-tv-box-with-android-6-0-powered-by-amlogic-s912/ works great, but I noticed that even when almost idle, running command line utils has a delay of 2-3 seconds at least commands like docker, npm, node and more. internal commands such as df work instantly. some are rapid the 2nd time and some delay on every launch npm is probably the worst and can take up to 5 seconds is there a way for me to trace what is it doing or waiting for during that time?
-
Good afternoon. I want to install Armbian on a Galileo MYF tablet with an ARM Cortex-A9 1.2GHz processor. Is it possible to do it through the microSD or should I use the UART of the microphone port? thank you
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 4.7k views
-
-
hello all i have g18ref andriod box i would like it to flash with linux os can any one tell me what image i should use please. i guess it is same as old mx2 box
-
I am trying to build from Balbes Amlogic github source, it starts the process, but i got 2 errors, error in function compile kernel (compilation.sh:404), failed moving kernel DEBs. There's a line of code mv: missing destination file operand after 'home/khadas/build/output/debs/'. I am doing this on Lubuntu xenial, trying to build 16.04. xfce with mainline kernel, by the output in terminal it looks like it 4.19 rc3 kernel, am i missing some packages or do i need to edit some config file?
-
I converted the .dtb file to .tds and saw that the 2G ram information is correct. I did everything I can never use more than 720Mb of RAM, after that, use the zram. As the free command shows. my box is S905x 2GB and kernel 5.1.0-aml-s905 #5.90 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 1 15:40:37 MSK 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux oot@fenix:/boot/dtb# free total used free shared buff/cache available Mem: 1849584 713516 883136 41232 252932 1019832 Swap: 2774372 381696 2392676 It appears that in 2GB of RAM but only uses 720Mb what to do? I turned off the zram0 sw…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Hello. I have an error when trying to upgrade the kernel root@jdm:/boot# apt upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Calculating upgrade... Done The following packages will be upgraded: linux-image-aml-g12 1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. 3 not fully installed or removed. Need to get 0 B/27.2 MB of archives. After this operation, 31.3 MB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Reading changelogs... Done (Reading database ... 53286 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack .../linux-image-aml-g12_5.99_arm64.deb…
-
Reputation Points
- 22 replies
- 11k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have purchased The Magicsee N6 Max android box, and I was trying to put armbian on it. Where can I find the steps needed for this? Is there any prebuilt images I can use? I tried to use https://github.com/rockchip-linux/tools/tree/master/linux/Linux_Upgrade_Tool with an SD card but I wasn't following any steps so now the boards doesn't boot anymore. Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have X96+ with armian. I have issue with usb hdd (usb 3.0) on both usb ports (2.0/3.0).Disk have ext4 partition. During hisk work very often disk unmounting (i hear when thisk stoping). In effect the disk is mounted as read-only and of course it generates disk errors that are repairable with fsck. What could be the reason? A badly mounted drive or a sluggish, dying power supply? How I can diagnose this? Any ideas? I simply mounting disk in fstab LABEL=usb-hdd /media/usb-hdd ext4 defaults,rw 0 0
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hw Spec Soc: Amlogic S912-H, (S192 with dolby, DTS) Mem: 2G Ddr3 Emmc: 16G 4K HDMi AV out ethernet ?? Wifi/Bt ?? USB port *1 5V DC-IN IR receiver Reset hole OS: Ali YunOS Steps 1, connect UART from mainboard test points, (I can only find M17's UART port) 2, build u-boot follow q200.rst in u-boot doc, use VIM2 config and use VIM2 fip blobs (hope that works) 3, build Arm64 debian bookworm with default debian kernel to USB driver, and config system. 4, falsh u-boot to USB driver 5, connect to device with UART, hope to stop at u-boot cmdline, and erase emmc. if failed, f…
-
Reputation Points
- 52 replies
- 22.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. I bought a A5x max with android 9.0 https://pt.geekbuying.com/item/A5X-MAX-RK3328-4GB-32GB-TV-Box-398231.html I can only boot in the combined mode (i.e. with an SD card + USB). I tried to boot to emmc doing the procedure described here However without luck so far. It didn't boot. Do I need a diferent uboot.img to be able to boot from emmc ? Is there any procedure so that I can boot from the SD card instead of the combined mode? What is the best dtb for this A5x max tv box? I was hoping this tv box would have a better performance than my rasberry pi 3b+ is that unrealistic? Sorry for my begginer questions.…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
HI There is Tivion B1100 Smart TV Box, HiSilicon Hi3716C (ARM Cortex A9), 1 ГГц, which Armbian image is suitable for this device and which one to specify dtb? Thanks
-
Can armbian run on MINIX NEO U9-H? U9-H Specs CPU: AArch64 Processor rev 4 (aarch64) Hardware: Amlogic GPU: Mali-T820 OpenGL vendor: ARM OpenGL version: OpenGL ES 3.2 v1.r11po OS: Android Version 6.0.1 API: Level 23 Kernel: Linux 3.14.29 Build U9-H FW007A 20171020 If it is possible, please instruct me on how it is done... Thanks, rbiam57
-
Hey everyone, I am newbie to linux. I have loaded the armbian 5.14xx image in NAND Flash through nand sata install.However wifi is not working. how to fix this issue? I already used modprobe rtl8192cu command but it does not work.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I've a small amount of linux knowledge... enough to be dangerous but not enough to understand fully what's going on. I'm learning slowly but have reached a frustrating failure with my A95x revision 2 set top box. It's running "ARMBIAN 5.41.1 user-built Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.17.0-rc3-next-20180430-amlogics905x" I have a behringer UCA202 USB soundcard - it uses standard texas instruments chipset so should just be plug and play. But there's a gap in my knowledge and in the process of getting the soundcard to detect within Armbian. lsbusb outputs.... Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root h…
-
Hello, it's been months since I've said to myself "I've got to get a cheap TV box, since SBCs are now so expensive and my Raspberry Pi 3 is showing its I/O and memory limits", and I think I'm now finally forced to, because 2 weeks ago my Pi started to show some strange (load/power) issues, and even started to emit a funny burned smell (!!!), slowly with hours of continuous (even if light) uptime. It still works, but I fear that some component is dying, maybe having kept an USB HDD connected for months has fried something: the smell strangely is always coming even after changing PSU and disconnecting the HDD (apart from that, there are now no other connected peripherals ex…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 16.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, can someone please explain line by line on how to install Ubuntu on my android mxa 805 android box. I need it ASAP please. Thanks in advance...
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys. I had a s905x previously which died - the heatsink fell off. I ran armbian on it for a little while and it was great. But i replaced it with a s912 which i like the extra power of. I am now looking for an android box to get for armbian use only. I will probably put an intel heatsink/fan on it even if i feel it is necessary. Which devices under $70 would be considered most ideal for armbian only use? I hope not to have to go back to s905x after experiencing s912 but if it is the best stable one, i will get another cheap s905x. Onboard flash 8gb vs 16gb... Not a huge deal. Will use 200gb microsd either way. RAM at least 2gb my only real concern. Tha…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys, I was wondering whether the image for, e.g., the Rock64 can be expected to work also on a TV-Box with RK3328 chipset, for example this one? Cheers, chessplayer
-
Reputation Points
- 46 replies
- 28.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Is there an updated distro for the RK3188 ? (Quad core A9, ARMv7) I have been looking around but not been able to find something newer than Ubuntu 12.02, or an old Linuxium Found this old stick in a drawer, and want to repurpose it to a headless Linux box. 2GB RAM. My goal would be to run Home Assistant on it, which does run on the Pi 3 Model B. So I assume the 20% better performance of the A53 would be offset a bit by having twice the RAM. I think it is better to repurpose it than to throw it out.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I couldn't find the answer anywhere. I don't want to erase the onboard android os but I was wondering if I can boot from the sdcard without having to turn the box upside down and and pinching it with a pin.
-
Any projections on when there will be Armbian Linux for these new boxes running the new Amlogic S905X3?
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 8.3k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Short Story , dead TV box...no Leds,Lights,output...nothing...but serial console works Any idea of what is wrong =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= PuTTY log 2020.10.06 13:20:30 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= SM1:BL:511f6b:81ca2f;FEAT:A0F83180:20282000;POC:F;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;0.0;CHK:0; bl2_stage_init 0x01 bl2_stage_init 0x81 hw id: 0x0001 - pwm id 0x00 bl2_stage_init 0xc0 bl2_stage_init 0x02 L0:00000000 L1:00000703 L2:00008067 L3:15000020 S1:00000000 B2:20282000 B1:a0f83180 TE: 135603 BL2 Built : 14:57:11, Sep 1 2020. g12a g3c95fed - gongwei.chen@droid11-sz Board ID = 1 Set cpu clk to 24M Set clk81 to 24M Use GP1_pll as DSU cl…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 8.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I currently have a X96 Air S905X3 4GB/64GB box that has 1Gbit ethernet and a USB 3.0 port that works well with Armbian. This was bought 5 years ago for only 35 USD. I would like to find another box for Armbian that also has 1000M/1Gbit ethernet + USB 3.0. The same or similar boxes are selling for 50-60USD at the moment which is a lot for an old box. Are there any other boxes with 1Gbit ethernet at a low price that work with Armbian? Not bothered about other features, wifi quality, performance otherwise - just Gbit ethernet and USB 3. Open to all processors - Amlogic, Allwinner, Rockchip etc
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.8k views
-
-
Hi folks, I have one of those cheap boxes based off Amlogic S905X, and while ARMbian boots properly, I really wanted OpenGL support and 2D and 3D acceleration in Xorg. After looking for a while I found Amlogic's buildroot package , which has full wifi, hdmi, and full mali support including GL, and cross compiled an image based off gcc-linaro-6.3.1, uboot-2015-next, and kernel 4.9. I managed to build the whole thing with no major issue, and flashed it using USB Burning Tool. But the box was then stuck in an infinite reset loop. I connected the serial console, and this is the output: Spoiler GXL:BL1:9ac50e:a1974b;FEAT:ADFC318C;POC:3;RCY:0;EMMC:0…
-
Hello Is there a way to install a bootsplash image when tvbox turns on? I´ll like to see an image and not text when it boots. Thanks Using 5.90. TV Box Nexbox A95X 2/16gb. Debian Buster desktop
-
What is the latest image available for tv box? I run on my tv box pre compiled debian image bullseye with kernel 5.9 but I have problem with video decode on motioneye. Exist new image with best support for meson vpu/gpu?
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 11.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm trying to download and reinstall android os on an x88 pro 10 to try and get it working. I have downloaded the file and flashed the device several times but cannot get past the boot up screen I have attached a usb keyboard and mouse but no luck.looking for someone i can chat with step by step
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
Hello all, I buy an another box tv ( ... do not laugh please ... it's only my 3 .... ) A K3 pro with S912 aml soc ( 8 cores = 4c a53 at 1.5ghz plus 4c a53 core at 1 ghz, 3G Ram and 16 G Flash ) with a DVB T2 and DVB S2 tuner ( find promotion at 60 $ ) I play with android 7.1.1 and use ffmpeg , i make an transcode : ( French Channel M6 in DVB T2 in 1920x1080 ) ffmpeg -i http://192.168.1.50:8001/+1:0:19:401:4:20FA:EEEE0000:0:0:0 -s 320x240 /tmp/test.mp4 and speed ( without hardware decoder / encoder , only software ) give : Speed 1x !!! ( my other S905W with 4 cores in same test give Speed 0.65 ) So test last libreele…
-
Hi, I have this box, R329Q_V8.0 RK3228A and when you turn on the word ANDROID and the following the 7 lines: E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument) E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument) E:failed to mount /metadata (Invalid argument) E:failed to mount /metadata (Invalid argument) Supported API: 3 E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument) E:Can ́t mount /cache/recovery/last_locale I've tried to upgrade with several ROM's but to no avail. Any ideas? Running rkDumper appears the message : Partition "system" (0x006000000) Filesystem file size is not equal partition size. Marconi
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 20.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
From an article at: https://torrentfreak.com/brazil-regulator-claims-80-of-pirate-tv-boxes-were-blocked-last-week-231030/ "Brazil's telecoms regulator Anatel claims that during an operation last week, it successfully blocked around 80% of pirate 'TV boxes' in the country. Estimates from early 2023 suggest that seven million were active in Brazil." Maybe they could be re-purposed to run Armbian /s What's your take on this?
-
I went to https://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/pool/ui/r/rpi-chromium-mods/ and then wget https://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/pool/ui/r/rpi-chromium-mods/rpi-chromium-mods_20180910_armhf.deb after that control+alt+F3 and logged as root apt-get update apt-get install chromium-browser:armhf dpkg --force-all -i /home/user/rpi-chromium-mods_20180910_armhf.deb vim /etc/chromium-browser/customizations/00-rpi-vars look for change it for if you want to put the last version, you can look the number here https://get.adobe.com/es/flashplayer/ …
-
Hello everybody, I would like to install Armbian on my Trongle X3 (Android 6 TV box, S905X 64bit CPU, 1 GB RAM, SoC board with HDMI/Ethernet/2 USB/1 microSD/IR/WiFi connections). Is there a safe way to migrate from Android to Armbian and back, eventually? I will only use this device for streaming video purpose. I haven't important things on its internal memory (8GB). Thank you.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey guys, I'm looking for a pretty budget TV box under $50, I really don't need much from it but here are a few things that are very important for me: Speed - I've had experience with super slow smart TV devices in the past, generally a cheap smart TV is simply pure sh*t. So I don't really need anything that should be capable of gaming, I'll probably never use that, but I do want the TV box to operate fast. Outer storage ability - Probably the most important thing for me is a device that will be able to hold up external storages(flash drive, SD card, HDD(?)). I believe I've seen some TV boxes that only support up to 64GB of SD card, I would really lo…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 10.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
How to boot armbian for S912 when EMMC Data is lost (no Factory Rom to flash) I want to boot armbian Amlogic S912 By No booloder,recovery,etc... in EMMC THank you Very Much
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Device: Android TV box t95z Plus 3GB/32GB (SoC S912) device. Purpose: Running Home Automation docker images pretty much same setup than @Petee is running, but also as a Zigbee2MQTT coordinator using a CC2531 dongle. have tried over the few weeks several combinations of releases and DTB files with no luck. If it is any help got corelec (CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.1-Generic) running smoothly with gxm_q200_3g.dtb but since there is no docker support it is a no go for me. Cant even get it to boot, if you have a working setup with this device please help find a correct combination.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I suppose that witht the commande mount /boot is from SD Card and not from eMMC ? So, I think I have found how to mount eMMC partition: root@arm-64:~# lsblk NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT mmcblk1 179:0 0 59.5G 0 disk ├─mmcblk1p1 179:1 0 512M 0 part /boot └─mmcblk1p2 179:2 0 58.4G 0 part / mmcblk2 179:32 0 29.1G 0 disk ├─mmcblk2p1 179:33 0 488M 0 part └─mmcblk2p2 179:34 0 28G 0 part mmcblk2boot0 179:64 0 4M 1 disk mmcblk2boot1 179:96 0 4M 1 disk zram0 254:0 0 50M 0 disk /var/log zram1 254:1 0 1G 0 disk [SWAP] root@arm-64:~# mount /dev/mmcblk2p2 /mnt root@arm-64…
-
Hi guys. I'm just wondering if I can install Linux on it. STB in DEVELOPER mode, I can connect ADB and I see some stuff here: vip6102w:/ $ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/root 1.9G 917M 1.0G 47% / tmpfs 822M 492K 821M 1% /dev tmpfs 822M 112K 822M 1% /mnt /dev/block/dm-1 488M 77M 401M 17% /vendor /dev/block/mmcblk1p22 8.8G 1.4G 7.2G 17% /data /dev/block/mmcblk1p8 0.9M 34K 970K 4% /dev/hwcfg /dev/block/mmcblk1p15 5.6M 120K 5.2M 3% /cache /data/media 8.8G 1.4G 7.2G 17% /storage/emulated vip6102w:/ $ uname -a…
-
Hi, I have a TX2 media player that I purchased a few years ago, now it is redundant so I am looking for things to do with it. It has the name Vontar on the bottom, the Android version is 6.1, it has this in the system info: Kernel version 3.10.0 zheng@Ubuntu12 #11 Wed Jun 28 11:12:42 HKT 2017 Build Number rk322x_box-userdebug 6.0.1 MXC89L user.zheng.20170710.112044 test-keys Internal storage is reported as: 3.79 GB used of 12.41 GB (I don't have a SD card in it currently). And that is about all I know about what it is currently running. So... Is this enough to find specs on what the hardware mi…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have found this GREAT post by odroidn2user explaining hardware acceleration info and status in Amlogic devices. It answers most of the questions I've had since I first installed Armbian, maybe some admin can make a sticky. https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?t=36675 @balbes150 now I'm thinking about getting a RK3399 with a midgard GPU instead of a Ugoos AM6 Pro with S922X and a bifrost GPU. Or do you think bifrost support will be added soon?
-
https://my.banggood.com/H96-MAX-RK3566-SDRAM-8GB-DDR3-64GB-eMMC-ROM-Android-11_0-8K-UHD-TV-Box-bluetooth-4_0-5G-Wifi-1000M-LAN-H_265-VP9-4K-Decoder-Voice-Control-OTT-Box-p-1820334.html?cur_warehouse=CN&ID=47184&rmmds=search This might get me back to tinkering with TV boxes again.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Ok, I updated the boot manager so it is now more portable and added some convenience features as well. Be aware that it is not beginner friendly, you need at least some knowledge about writing and editing u-boot scripts, Uart cable is not needed but can be useful during testing and setting up. I rewrote the script in python using curses so It's now more elegent (in my opinion anyway) I tried to get it as close as I can to look like grub2 interface: Now let's explain How it works: First, the sdcard must contain at least two fat32 partitions: -First partition(fat32) (label=RECOVERY) content: This partition contains the main boot manag…
-
Reputation Points
- 21 replies
- 23.9k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Greetings! I have an S905 based TX3. I have not really heard much at all about this box. I hear about the S905W based TX3 and another S905D based one if I recall but this is NOT THOSE. This is a black box with Ethernet, WI-FI, Remote Control, A/V headphone jack plug, SPDIF Fiber Optic out, 2 USB ports, a micro SD slot and HDMI. It's just a TX3, not a TX3 PRO or a TX3 MINI. And just a plain S905. Here are the components on the board: WHITE STICKER: TX3 95*18 BOARD ID (I ASSUME): 94V-0 XZG-P2 E246887 MODEL ID (I ASSUME): CS_905TX_V1.0 20160517 CPU: AMLogic S905 CPU J-TNC015.00 C0FQPN00412 Rectangular chip says: S16037 G 1636 ROM (I ASSUME): …
-
Hey everyone, SO Odroid N2 looks like to be quite a bit more powerful (and expensive). Odroid C2 is more on par with this Android boxe real value, for me, was probably the time I spent figuring this out and I thought I might as well share it. It's true that you have to figure everything out on your own but the state of the ARM distros today is getting pretty good, so if you can get it running initially you should be able to just update with the package manager without problems.https://nox.tips/ https://xender.vip https://testmyspeed.onl
-
今天是个好日子。 有没有人成功地将 Roku Premiere (3920X) 或 Roku Premiere (4620X) 或 Roku Premiere+ (3921X) 或 Roku Premiere+ (4630X) 或 Roku Ultra (4640X) 写入 armbian 或其他 Linux 系统? 碰巧我拥有与上述同一系列的电视板。请描述详细步骤。 任何答复表示赞赏。
-
Hello. I won't be able to find the armbian M8C amlogic S802 download file. I want to try to use it. Thank you in advance.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.4k views
-