Software, Applications, Userspace
Issues or questions that are hardware-independent regarding various 3rd party / userspace software and applications
457 topics in this forum
-
``` root@opi5 /etc/apt/sources.list.d# apt-get update Hit:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie-backports InRelease Hit:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie InRelease Hit:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie-updates InRelease Hit:4 http://security.debian.org trixie-security InRelease Hit:5 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease Hit:6 http://mirror.vinehost.net/armbian/apt trixie InRelease Reading package lists... Done W: https://github.armbian.com/configng/dists/stable/InRelease: Policy will reject signature within a year, see --audit for details N: Missing Signed-By in the sources…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 18.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
https://www.phoronix.com/news/Debian-13.0-Released Debian 13 trixie released https://www.debian.org/News/2025/20250809
-
Mission: provide easy way to configure OS and install services armbian-config provides configuration and installation routines for customizing and automating tasks within Armbian Linux environment. These utilities help streamline setup processes for various use cases. Key Advantages Lightweight: Minimal dependencies for optimal performance. Flexible: Supports JSON, TUI, CLI, and API interfaces. Modern: A fresh approach to configuration. Low entropy: Byte clean uninstall for most targets. Features System Configuration: Kernel management, headers, hardware tweaks. NFS and…
-
May 1st, 2025 AVAILABLE FOR ALL BOARDS on Debian Bookworm image via armbian-config https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Armbian-Software/Media/#omv Download Armbian with OpenMediaVault (OMV) Currently (for testing) only 4 targets were build: rock5-itx, odroid m1, odroid xu4 and x86. Once its confirmed that works well, other targets will be assembled. Then boot the image, wait few minutes and login via: http://ip_address_of_armbian_running_ha U: admin P: openmediavault Test setup on Odroid M1: Spoiler Tested on: Odroid M1 Raspberry PI 4 …
-
Reputation Points
- 45 replies
- 31.7k views
- 6 followers
-
-
Download Armbian with HA (v25.2) Then boot the image, wait few minutes and login via http://ip_address_of_armbian_running_ha:8123 (official onboarding manual) Home Assistant Supervised is, more or less, a full blown Home assistant. Install Home Assistant on any Armbian Bookworm (experimental) Main difference between HA OS and Armbian with HA is that underlying OS here is clean Armbian Debian Bookworm and there is custom dedicated buildroot OS that is provided for a few single board computers, primarily for Raspberry Pi. We provide HA on a small selection of single board computers, but in theory, its possible to run this on (a…
-
Reputation Points
- 120 replies
- 118.3k views
- 9 followers
-
-
Hi all. I'm working on a script that can install different Linux gaming tools like Box86, Box64, PPSSPP, ... For now it can only install box86 and box64. There is also an issue installing wine, so this doesn't work either. https://github.com/NicoD-SBC/armbian-gaming Download and unzip and run script : sudo /bin/bash ./armbian-gaming.sh When ready I'll make a video about it and give more info. I've tested it on the PineBookPro with Hirsute. With the Odroid N2+ you need to activate panfrost, install dependecies for N2+, and then install box86. Tho it didn't work as it should. If "install box86" gives a build error, t…
-
For many Years I was using a wlan SSID containing a backslash with no problems. While trying the current Armbian_community_26.11.0-trunk.62_Bananapim2plus_trixie_current_6.18.54_minimal.img.xz the network wlan0 would not connect. Connecting to the guest wlan of the same router worked. I could trace it to the backslash in the SSID which "netplan try" complained about. Escaping that with a additional backslash made "netplan try" accept it, but the connection did not work, the interface wlan0 remained in status "state DOWN". Changing the SSID (removing that single backslash) made it working. I did not find something that prohibits the backslash use…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 558 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Well Well, Who's The Asshole Now? Yeah I Need a Job... I'm not too bad. Written for: the same readers as the finding, maintainers and users; the chart is built to be attached to it or to stand alone in a forum post. Ours versus theirs, same board, same 100-minute 4K 10-bit title, same afternoon, same kernel journal: frames out of 143,641decoder resetsspeed theirs, jellyfin-ffmpeg 8.1.3-1 with its bundled fork MPP100,13111,520~120 fps until it broke at 42:11 ours, system ffmpeg → rockchip-vaapi → upstream-lineage MPP143,6410106 fps, intact to the end The chart shows it in one glance: nothing missing anywhere for either unt…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 404 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, i've installed the latest vendor version for Radxa ROCK 5 ITX. When I want to change settings, the password entry pop-up appears briefly and immediately disappears again, preventing the settings from being saved. I performed a completely fresh installation of the computer, and the problem still occurs. What is causing this? Any help would be appreciated. Best regards Albrecht
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Armbian Imager Update ends up treating onboard microSD card as system drive. Is it possible to make onboard sd card program as a system drive by changing the setting to allow system drives. However it still exposes newbie to possible risk of ending up the SSD. Please keep SD card slot as an exception to be treated as system drive.
-
Headless armbian minimal OS installation from armbian imager still expects SSH login to complete first time configuration I configured a static IP in armbian imager profile and root password and other user name and password and also other settings. I was expecting the orange pi zero 2W to come online and me to get ping on the set IP address. To my surprise it still asked for all those details as if the profile settings were not applied. SBC Orange Pi Zero 2W OS Armbian 26.11.0 Minimal Debian 13 Current 6.18.54 Armbian Imageer V2.0.4
-
I wanted to try out running a Servarr stack. I decided to go the usenet route, so I installed SABnzbd. It created "/armbian/sabnzbd" and three directories under that, "config", "download" and "incomplete", which matches the recommenations. Next, I installed Sonarr for TV, which created "/armbian/sonarr" and three directories under that, "config", "download" and "tvseries". While "/armbian/sonarr" and "/armbian/sabnzbd" are owned by my user, the "download" directory and "tvseries" directories were owned by root. So, I changed the ownership to my user, but it still wasn't working right. I read up on how these containers are supposed to i…
-
The project has turned out to be a gem. I can retire Joshua Riek Fork I am calling it Pi Desktop 3.0 Plaid (Not live yet... expect a week of soak). They should take and call it Armbian Rockchip Resolute The combination Pi Claude called the make-or-break unknown this morning — a 26.04 userland has no business running on a 2023-era Rockchip BSP kernel, but it does: Chromium/Chrome Hardware acceleration with no web rendering flickering. Firefox runs everything but 8 bit HEVC... so far 26.04 / GNOME 50.1, mutter 50.1, Mesa 26.0.8 libmali G610 g24p0 (newest G610 blob that exists) on kbase g29p1 rockchip-linux/mpp 2026-08-05 snapshot (yisding's resolute …
-
Reputation Points
- 19 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just did a fresh install of latest Ubuntu 26.04 Gnome build on a Pine Quartz64 A board. After an `apt update` running `apt upgrade` tries to update the `linux-libc-dev` package, which is downloaded from `ports.ubuntu.com`. However it consistently fails with a 404. Digging around a little, it seems like this package should match the kernel that's in use, so is the underlying problem that `apt` is trying to download it from the ubuntu repo instead of the armbian one where the kernel package comes from? I have not modified any apt configuration since installing.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 593 views
-
-
If you ever got a solid green frame trying to play H.265 through the RK3588 VA-API driver — on any image, any board — here's the closure: it was never your setup. HEVC never worked in this driver. It advertised the profiles, but there was no HEVC bitstream assembler in the code; the VPU received unparseable data and handed back empty (green) buffers. Two years, every user, same green. The assembler now exists on the deep-ink branch, and the verification is numeric, not eyeballed: hardware-decoded frames compared pixel-by-pixel against software decode — identical, at 8-bit and at 4K HDR10 (Main10). The comparison tools are committed (tools/hevc-ladder.sh) so you c…
-
Reputation Points
- 76 replies
- 7.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Some 4K VP9 videos — odd/Academy-ratio resolutions like 2970×2160 — hardware-decoded into a solid green frame on RK3588. Root-caused to a surface-stride alignment bug in the VA-API driver and fixed. Now it's a one-line apt install, no building from source. [ — same Pi, same video, green → clean 4K ] 📎 Full illustrated guide attached (unzip → open the HTML) · also online: https://defcom5-rockchip.github.io/rockchip-vaapi/ Q…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 403 views
- 1 follower
-
-
2 Claudes 5 Agents, diff'ing, searching and boom we found it. "A subtle bug the vendor introduced and nobody upstream has fixed, in code you already live in. The RK3588 VOP2 port copied RK3568's layer-latch mechanism but dropped the one wait that makes it work — and mainline sidesteps the whole thing in hardware, so no one's ever going to fix it in the BSP but you. Be honest on confidence: the code defect is register-confirmed (high); that it's the flicker rests on the mutter-direct-scanout inference (medium) — which is exactly what the MUTTER_DEBUG=disable-direct-scanout test nails in two minutes." HW Acceleration came back, Address bars and Search bars se…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 989 views
- 1 follower
-
-
So after reading the docs I decided to build my own Armbian following the build guide chose resolute and edge to get a 7.x kernel and 26.04 lts like system seems to run fine - except 2 things 1) minor - the network activity LED on my turing pi2 board doesnt flash yellow - I can live with that as long as I see activity led flashing and I can ssh just fine 2) annoying- the turing-rk1 boards get hot but I have nice heatsinks and fans applied to them .. only the fans dont work - Following internet guides I send $ echo 255 | sudo tee /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon*/pwm1 which activated the fans for a few seconds .. then they stopped .. now according…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 898 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hardware video decode in "Google Chrome". I will start this out with "It flickers on a 16GB board. I can use it to play High Resolution YouTube Videos." YMMV! Test Note: I run it at 4k@120hz on my Pi-Desktop build. # HOW-TO: Hardware video decode in Google Chrome on RK3588 (Orange Pi 5B / Ubuntu-rockchip BSP) This gets Google Chrome to decode video on the RK3588 hardware VPU (via VA-API) instead of grinding it out on the CPU. Result: smooth 1080p and 4K playback with the CPU nearly idle. Codecs that decode in hardware: H.264, HEVC, VP8, VP9. (No AV1 - see Problems and Fixes.) As a bonus, the same driver also gives Firefox hardware decode. …
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Cross-posting this because it took a while to untangle, and most guides out there are either vendor-BSP/rkmpp (the wrong stack for mainline) or they stop at "it says hardware accelerated" without checking whether it actually is. Tested on an Orange Pi 5B, mainline Debian 13 (trixie), kernel 7.1.3+deb13-arm64, panthor + PanVK, Wayfire. Should apply to any RK3588/RK3588S board on a mainline stateless-decode kernel (Rock 5B, OPi 5, etc.). Corrections welcome; I'd rather this be right than mine. First, the thing that trips everyone up: on mainline, rkmpp is not your path. Rockchip's MPP library (the thing that hardware-decodes at ~9% CPU on the vendor…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
https://github.com/sgjava/javauio2 Java UIO 2 is the next-generation evolution of the Java UIO project, rebuilt from the ground up to leverage the Foreign Function & Memory API (FFM). By moving beyond traditional JNI, Java UIO 2 achieves unprecedented performance and hardware-level accuracy for Linux Userspace IO. Engineered for JDK 25, it provides a cutting-edge cross-platform solution for modern embedded systems. You will see a huge improvement in performance on 64 bit systems, but I've also included a script to build ARM 32 JDK 25 with FFM which currently doesn't exist. https://github.com/sgjava/javauio2#arm32-support--modern-ffm-back-to-the…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 363 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I was so happy to discovery your image and to reuse my Odroid. After installing the OMV 6.18.10 image, I noticed that no plugins could be installed, and later that even an "apt list" command fails. Please see some command line logs below: _ _ _ /_\ _ _ _ __ | |__(_)__ _ _ _ / _ \| '_| ' \| '_ \ / _` | ' \ /_/ \_\_| |_|_|_|_.__/_\__,_|_||_| v26.2.1 for Odroid N2 running Armbian Linux 6.18.10-current-meson64 Packages: Debian stable (trixie) IPv4: (LAN) 192.168.1.63 (WAN) 82.137.57.14 Performance: Load: 50% Uptime: 1m Memory usage: 7% of 3.69G CPU temp: 40°C …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 618 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Sharing this here since it's a general-purpose tool rather than anything board-specific: GOESB is an open, reproducible benchmark for on-device speech-to-text — hash-verified results, official profiles + open packs so numbers are directly comparable across hardware, no account needed to submit. The problem it's trying to solve: if you're picking hardware for a local voice/STT workload, vendor numbers don't tell you much and blog posts go stale fast. GOESB is meant to be the place you can actually check "does this board run faster-whisper medium in real time, or do I need to drop to tiny and eat the accuracy hit." Right now the leaderboard is entirely x86…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 792 views
-
-
Hi community! I'm facing with a problem on gstreamer using the lastest armbian release (minimal option) with my rockpro64. I try to play a mp4 video file with gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///home/adacast/default.mp4 as you can see in the attached picture there is a negociation capabilities with DMABuf but which has failed. is there any fixes for this? Regards Narcisse
-
There is a previous topic on this from 2020, but it's closed and not much action was taken except discussing workarounds. I'd like to continue this. Looking at the kernel configs in this repo, many of them have CONFIG_RT_GROUP_SCHED=y. This does not play nicely with modern systemd (cgroups v2), breaking things like rtkit-daemon. See https://bugs.gentoo.org/569546 and https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=655321. rtkit is an important part of making pulseaudio and pipewire work smoothly, as well as for many other low-latency applications. There are a few currently available workarounds, but none are ideal: 1. Linux 6.16 or later has boot ti…
-
Is it possible to run armbian with pre-installed homeassistant on a raspberrypi 3B+ ? The reason of my question is, I have running homeassistant on a orangepi pc2 which work very well. On the raspberrypi 3B+ running unter raspbian, homeassistant is very slow.
-
Hello all, Starts with a blank screen and hard crashing, see fault log. Workaround is to use to download the deb. version as can be found on Github: https://github.com/armbian/imager/releases Greets crasharmbianKubuntu26.04
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 631 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, this is an already known issue. I hope I could help you. Running system on AMD64 crasharmbianKubuntu26.04
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 506 views
-
-
Hi everyone, I'm running a few services on an Armbian-based SBC and need a reliable SMTP Service Provider for system alerts, backup reports, and application notifications. Has anyone here used SMTP Service Provider iDealSMTP with Armbian, or compared it with other SMTP solutions for lightweight ARM servers? I'm interested in deliverability, ease of setup, and long-term reliability. I'd appreciate any experiences or recommendations. Thanks!
-
This article describes how I successfully configured a PWM fan on an Orange Pi 5 Max running Armbian Debian Trixie Minimal vendor 6.1.115, using the opifancontrol utility. Special thanks to Jamie Sinclair for creating and sharing the opifancontrol project with the community. I have an Orange Pi 5 Max installed in a metal case and running several Docker containers, including Frigate, Immich, Samba, and others. The case originally came with a internal 30x30x10 mm fan, which was not able to provide sufficient cooling. Under load, CPU temperatures were reaching nearly 70°C. To improve cooling, I installed an external 40x40x10 mm PWM fan that was o…
-
Hi there, I recently upgraded my Orange Pi 5 Plus to "Armbian 26.5.1" and noticed in the MOTD (on logins) that it is still showing version "26.2.1". I found differences in this 2 files, and the latter is the one used as reference for MOTD: cat /etc/os-release: PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 26.5.1 trixie" NAME="Debian GNU/Linux" VERSION_ID="13" VERSION="13 (trixie)" VERSION_CODENAME=trixie DEBIAN_VERSION_FULL=13.5 ID=debian HOME_URL="https://www.armbian.com" SUPPORT_URL="https://forum.armbian.com" BUG_REPORT_URL="https://www.armbian.com/bugs" ARMBIAN_PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 26.5.1 trixie" cat /etc/armbian-release: # PLEASE D…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I’m facing yet another strange problem, and I am posting it here as well, because I think it could be OS related. Some details about my server: Armbian 26.2.1 trixie Nginx Nextcloud (latest) MariaDB Letsencrypt (updated 3 weeks ago) Until a few days ago, every browser on any of my devices could call the web gui of my server and Nextcloud presented its login page. Then, after the latest OS update, suddenly browsers tell my they can’t connect to the server, but every synching app on any of devices still work perfectly! And I can even access my files on the server by using FolderSync’s¹…
-
Why doesn’t it start automatically after I log out or reboot after installation? What is causing this issue? The official Orange Pi kernel version (Orangepizero3_1.0.4_debian_bookworm_desktop_xfce_linux6.1.31) does not have this problem and runs automatically. Instead, I get the error: “dbus can't connect to fcitx5.” Every time I need to open the fcitx5 settings again and click “Run” before I can input Chinese. I have no idea what is going on. Thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
When trying to upgrade my system yesterday, on bookworm, i saw: # apt full-upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done Calculating upgrade... Done The following packages have been kept back: libnvpair3linux libuutil3linux zfs-dkms zfsutils-linux 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded. See that zfsutils-linux depends on libc6 >= 2.38 : # apt show zfsutils-linux Package: zfsutils-linux Version: 2.4.1-1 Priority: optional Section: contrib/admin Source: zfs-linux Maintainer: Debian ZFS on Linux maintainers <pkg-zfsonlinux-devel@alioth-lists.debian.net> Ins…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 905 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello community! I’ve been a lurker for a while and recently flashed the latest Armbian Jammy onto a spare NanoPi NEO I had lying around. I'm currently designing a headless DIY time-tracking kiosk for a small local workshop using an RC522 RFID reader via SPI. Reading the RFID tags and logging the raw Unix timestamps (punch-in/punch-out) to a local SQLite database was the easy part. Where I'm getting a bit stuck is the actual backend calculation logic. I need the system to accurately calculate the daily net working hours, which means automatically deducting mandatory statutory breaks (e.g., 30 mins after 6 hours of work) and tracking daily overtime. …
-
Steps to repeat the bug: 1) use the cross platform PoC written in C, the Python one that everyone is sharing contains obfuscated code (bad ju-ju) and is x86_64 specific `git clone https://github.com/tgies/copy-fail-c` `cd copy-fail-c` 2) compile either on your target device natively, or do what I did and cross-compile it as a static binary using an aarch64-linux-musl toolchain (this made it easy to test on different SBCs) `PREFIX="/opt/toolchains/aarch64-linux-musl-cross" CC=aarch64-linux-musl-gcc LD=aarch64-linux-musl-ld CFLAGS="-static -fPIC -I/opt/toolchains/aarch64-linux-musl-cross/include -L/opt/toolchains/aarch64-linux-musl-cross/lib" LDFLAG…
-
Background - I have a Helios64 NAS with 4 x HDDs running Armbian 25.11.2 with kernel 6.12.58. The HDDs each have a ZFS partition but the partitions aren't imported. The OS is running from an sd card and logging is to ram. Power management and spin-down on the HDDs is disabled. Despite all this *something* is causing the heads to move every second or two. iotop shows no disk activity . lsof +d /mnt/sda etc. shows no open files and fatrace shows files in /usr and /var but nothing on /dev/sda etc. So, whilst it doesn't look as if any files are being accessed the HDDs are still doing something. The question is WHA…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 770 views
-
-
I just installed Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.732_Rockpi-4bplus_trixie_current_6.18.22_minimal on a Rockpi-4bplus. How do I install the correct Linux headers? The standard apt install linux-headers-$(uname -r) method doesn't work for armbian. OK, there's a corresponding option in armbian-config, and it seems to run successfully, but for some reason, I only see linux-headers-6.12.74+deb13+1-arm64 and linux-headers-6.12.74+deb13+1-common in /usr/src.
-
If anybody needs a simple way to check text on the web or extract text from online PDFs on low‑spec SBCs, here is surf.py. It’s a tiny Python‑based terminal browser designed for boards like Orange Pi Zero, so you’re not completely blind internet‑wise even without a full browser. Starts with: ./surf.py domain.com Dependencies outside standard library: requests, PyPDF2. surf.py
-
This system has been running for several months months as a backup server with a nobel release about a year old, maybe some older, using two usb3 7 port hubs because 1 hub could not handle the current draw of 5 TSMC 4T SSD's using startech usb3.1 cables to connect 5 if them in a /raid6 configuration for an 11.1 Tb drive. But I decided to do an as sudo -i, "apt update" and was advised that would update about 430 files so I figured I'd do an apt update -y, then and apt --purge autoremove". Unforch it went into lala land while making a new initrd. After about 20 minutes I did a powerdown to be greeted by a repeating loop indicating there was no network. So I dl'd & w…
-
Reputation Points
- 32 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I know this might get ignored, but honestly, I don’t really mind. I just want to report something I noticed a few days ago, which I initially thought was caused by my previous setup. I was running a Radxa CM5 with a Waveshare CM4 Nano-C board, using an Armbian image for the Rock 5A. This was the only way I could get it working with mainline support. I’m aware this setup is far from standard I’m essentially using the wrong image but that’s because the Radxa CM5 IO board isn’t compatible with the Waveshare Nano board. On top of that, Armbian doesn’t officially support the CM5 RPi-CM4 IO board provided by Radxa (which does work with the Waveshare Nano, but their imag…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 866 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have cubiboard 1. I see boot from sd card, system on sata,usb and nvme but i want boot from nand, system on sata,usb and nvme.
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Hello , noticed that on the sbc "apt-get update" takes a long time, it ignores some sources and sometimes it slow to load. was wondering if could clean up the process, since it seem to look for "i386" but the sbc is on "arm64" sudo apt update [sudo] password for rich: OK:1 http://ports.ubuntu.com noble InRelease Holen:2 http://ports.ubuntu.com noble-security InRelease [126 kB] Holen:4 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease [5.467 B] Holen:5 https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu questing InRelease [5.719 B] Holen:6 http://ports.ubuntu.com noble-updates InRelease [126 kB] Holen:7 http://po…
-
-
In the Welcome message it suggested I change the avatar to personalize my Profile. I cannot find a way to do that in this Forum. I have one in mind:
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Has anyone here experienced the same problem on trying to install "Armbian Imager" under Windows 11? Upon running the respective exe-file and - no matter what target directory I choose - I get a failure meassage, somewhat like this: The directory could not be established: Microsoft Edge has no Read/Write access rights to its directory: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\com.armbian.imager\EBWebView Should the same issue have been posted here somewhere else, I do apologize. However, before creating the help request I did try to find any entries of similar content, but in vain. So if there's already any remedial comment on this available in the Arm…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello I am using: Linux nanopineo 6.12.74-current-sunxi #10 SMP Thu Feb 19 15:29:56 UTC 2026 armv7l GNU/Linux PRETTY_NAME="Armbian_community 26.2.0-trunk.464 trixie" NAME="Debian GNU/Linux" VERSION_ID="13" VERSION="13 (trixie)" VERSION_CODENAME=trixie DEBIAN_VERSION_FULL=13.3 ARMBIAN_PRETTY_NAME="Armbian_community 26.2.0-trunk.464 trixie" i am tring to bind spi1 to fbdev. Here are the configurations: /boot/armbianEnv.txt: /boot/overlay-user/spi1-st7789.dts: SPI1 is not generating any CLK or MOSI signals on the physical pins. Looking forward for any help Best regards, Genadi
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 999 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I can't install mpd on Armbian v26.2 rolling for NanoPi Air running Armbian Linux 6.12.76-current-sunxi Packages: Ubuntu stable (noble) user@nanopiair:~$ sudo apt install mpd Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: mpd : Depends: libavcodec61 (>…
-
I have to be upfront: I'm not a developer. I'm an ops/observability engineer who knows how to use software to get things done. I know a bit of Go — not much — and I have no formal background in software design. What I do know is what I need, and what was missing. So I built it. Take the code with that in mind. The problem I run a Kobol Helios64 as my home NAS — a five-bay ARM board that's been sitting in a sweet spot between "serious hardware" and "abandoned by its software ecosystem." I tried the usual NAS UIs. They were either too heavy, too opinionated about owning the underlying OS, or simply unmaintained. None of them gave me a clean window in…
-
Hello, I have a Medion Chromebook S2015 with a CPU (armv7 processor rev 1 (v7l)) and RAM (2062808 kB). So it's 32-bit. I want to install Linux on it. To do this, I need an armhf architecture. However, under armhf on ARMBIAN, I find (Inovato Quadra, Khadas Edge 2, Khadas VIM4, Mekotronics R58 4X4, Mekotronics R58 HD, Muse Pi Pro, NanoPC T6 LTS, NanoPi M5, Nanopi M6, Nanopi R3S / LTS, NanoPi R76S, Radxa Rock 5B Plus, Radxa Rock 5C and Radxa Rock 5T). What should I select? Are there still 32-bit versions available?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
So I need to know what I have to do to get MIDI messages into my music app that I'm working on. I developed a cli synth app on Manjaro using SDL3 and Jack. Jack I used to connect to MIDI aka 'MIDI-Bridge' or MIDI Through and an external program to produce MIDI messages sent to MIDI Through. I am currently trying to do the same on the actual device I wish to use which is the OrangePi 4 LTS I have spare with just bare bones Armbian Server, no desktop. I have audio working through Pipewire. I am used to Jack just being available because Pipewire intercepts and handles the calls behind the scenes. I noticed that on Armbian I think I have to use the 'pw-jack' program or jack-p…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
v25.8 rolling for aml-s9xx-box running Armbian Linux 6.12.35-current-meson64 Printer is Canon G2770 I suspect its a driver problem since gutenprint does not have the exact same model (I chose Pixma G2000 Driver in CUPS "Add Printer" menu) #When Adding Printer d [20/Feb/2026:03:19:36 +0700] [CGI] Finished \"{default_name=Canon_G2070_series\", out=0xffffb9ff1520... d [20/Feb/2026:03:19:36 +0700] [CGI] \"{printer_uri_supported}\" at 367... d [20/Feb/2026:03:19:36 +0700] [CGI] \"{$org.cups.sid}\" at 452... D [20/Feb/2026:03:19:36 +0700] [CGI] Regular expression \".*Clean.*\" d [20/Feb/2026:03:19:36 +0700] [CGI] Starting \"{printer_commands~.*Clean.*\" at…
-
Disclaimer: I know it's not a good idea XD Is it possible somehow to upgrade the prebuilt image Armbian 12/OpenMediaVault 7 to Armbian 13/OpenMediaVault 8? Is there a guide?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone, I’m trying to flash the following Armbian image, but Balena Etcher throws an error as soon as I load the image:
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
OK, so it actually was cold in FL for a couple weeks and I did a power hack. I ported Java UIO to Java UIO 2. Java UIO (HawtJNI) This was the "Old School" high-performance approach. It relied on a custom C wrapper and JNI to bridge the gap. How it works: You have to write a C helper file, compile it into a shared library (.so) for on ARM architecture (armv7l, aarch64), and bundle it in your JAR. The Overhead: Every call from Java to C has a "JNI transition cost." To minimize this, you used moveJavaToNative to bulk-transfer buffers, which added complexity to the Java code. Java UIO 2 (FFM / Project Panama) T…
-
I'm having trouble understanding armbian-install, is this a good place to discuss? Basically, I'd like to understand the menu options better. Probably because it's a generic tool for all devices, the selections aren't clear (to me at least), depending on what device I'm working with. For the most part, all I ever need to do is to copy the working SD image to the eMMC or NVME. Any armbian-install gurus lurking?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I installed Filebrowser via armbian-config but it didn't work. The container was restarting and there was: Using database: /database/filebrowser.db Error: open /database/filebrowser.db: permission denied in the .log file. The developers of Filebrowser explained they introduced some breaking changes and documented the changes that have to be made to avoid that error: - User: File Browser no longer runs as root, but as user with PID 1000 and GID 1000. You can still change this by using Docker's --user flag [https://www.docker.com/blog/understanding-the-docker-user-instruction/]. - Volumes: the volumes with the database and configura…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey, Where can I find the latest images for the Odroid HC1 and ZeroPi? https://www.armbian.com/odroid-xu4/ https://www.armbian.com/zero-pi/ I understand that both SBCs are quite old and probably long forgotten by Armbian users, but I need a clean install on both and am looking for the latest existing images. I tried looking at https://armbian.lv.auroradev.org/archive, but it seems not everything is there. Thanks in advance for any help. PS Anyone still using these SBCs? Are there any alternatives in 2026 at reasonable prices?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I run Armbian Trixie in my NAS, and I saw last week that the ZFS 2.4.0 was available here: https://apt.armbian.com/pool/trixie-utils/z/zfs-linux/(it will go to one of the mirrors). The problem is the package `zfs-zed` isn't available, so I got serious problems during the update (I run Openmediavault, btw). Any tips if it's a mistake and the package should be included, or `zfs-zed` is deprecated and I need to talk with OMV team to remove this dependency?
-
I installed Waydroid on an Amlogic Meson GXM (S912) TV box. The SOC has a Mali-T820 GPU, and the box has 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of eMMC. This was easy to do and Waydroid worked, but it was very slow, even before it heated the SOC to 80°C, which is probably its throttling limit. I removed Waydroid because it was too slow. I wasn't trying anything demanding. Even navigating Android Settings was ridiculously slow. This is a bit surprising because the hardware was designed for running Android. I was not running much else, just Wayfire and one or two Alacritty consoles. I don't think I was running out of memory. Is it possible to get decent Waydroid performance on o…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.3k views
-
-
Endless loop booting Image. I download Image form source: https://dl.armbian.com/odroidxu4/Bookworm_current_minimal-omv Flash Image with Rufus-4.11 --> no problem insert sd-card in odroid hc1 --> blue LED is flashing I ping to odroid with windows 'ping odroid -t -w 100' --> replied 10 seconds, then there was no response for 40 seconds, and it repeated, I wait 30 minutes. I use Image from archive without OpenMedaivault --> Booting Ok I install OMV 7.0 manually described following link: https://docs.openmediavault.org/en/7.x/installation/on_debian.html in first view everything seem fine BUT: after …
-
Hello using an inovato quadra and would like it to start a specific program on boot how do I go about doing such a thing Pointer or instructions appreciated Thank you Jacques
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
I had to install (they were missing) sshfs, then fuse and finally ssh on a bpi-m5, using a 128Gb u-sd as boot media. iso was noble from a week ago's download, and updated at 2nd boot after establishing my /etc/hosts file based network. I can ssh from it /to/ the main box w/o any problem. But any attempt to reverse into it /from/ another machine /to/ it is "connection reset by peer". I haven't touched /etc/ssh/*config's from default values. Is there something I need to set/reset in those files to restore incoming logins? And no, I do not enable root logins. Also, systemd is still a puzzle to me if its involved. Thanks for any advice.
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just got this error on a sudo apt update.
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 5.3k views
- 4 followers
-
-
I use etckeeper on my ODroid-N2. he sends me changes to my /etc/once a day. And regularly I get this change: armbian-leds.conf | 2 +- 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-) diff --git a/armbian-leds.conf b/armbian-leds.conf index 8108230..537ea6f 100644 --- a/armbian-leds.conf +++ b/armbian-leds.conf @@ -5,5 +5,5 @@ invert=0 [/sys/class/leds/rtw88-1-1.1:1.0] trigger=phy0tpt -brightness=1 +brightness=0 What is this mess? What is it for?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Java UIO Java UIO offers robust Java interfaces optimized for Linux Userspace IO, emphasizing high performance. Engineered from scratch, it leverages contemporary kernel APIs, libraries, and cutting-edge code generation methodologies, embodying a state-of-the-art cross-platform solution. Rather than reinventing established paradigms, Java UIO harnesses existing standards, avoiding redundant development commonly observed in other IO libraries. Seamlessly supporting JDK 25 LTS, this framework integrates Project Lombok to streamline code, enhancing readability and conciseness. 🌍 The 32-bit & FFM Reality With Java 25, there is no more s…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone, I am using an Orange Pi Zero 2W with a graphical user interface (GUI). I downloaded and installed the official Orange Pi Zero 2W image. Unfortunately, I keep running into a Wi-Fi connection issue. After booting, the system repeatedly asks me to enter my Wi-Fi password. If I don’t enter it, I have no internet connection. What’s interesting is: If I disable and re-enable Wi-Fi in the network manager, it automatically reconnects to the known network without asking for the password again. Alternatively, a system reboot also restores the Wi-Fi connection automatically. I have already seen o…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
This started happening fairly recently. If my Docker containers are left running for a period of time, this message will start appearing over and over in journalctl: dockerd[1491]: time="2025-12-27T20:55:44.808894213-05:00" level=error msg="Error writing log message" driver=json-file error="error writing log entry: write /var/lib/docker/containers/97e823567c56600b69888e6abf63189c6f586afbf6bcf06fca820eaf4ef46f7d/97e823567c56600b69888e6abf63189c6f586afbf6bcf06fca820eaf4ef46f7d-json.log: no space left on device" message= After a while, these two messages will start repeating (these were taken from a different instance of this happening, so the PID is different): rsy…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I installed Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.130_Orangepizero2w_trixie_current_6.12.63_minimal and tried to follow the instructions on gpiod · PyPI. GPIO are not enabled in device tree.
-
Hello, I am facing situation where new armbian images e.g. Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.100_Orangepizero2w_trixie_current_6.12.63_minimal is coming without nmui. nmtui support one wifi configuration with dhcp while assigning static ip to other wifi. systemd-networkd does not support separate behaviour for two different wifi configruation. Requesting to provide nmtui which is more flexible. To elaborate the case, the dhcp is must for connecting to mobile hotspot which keeps on changing ip series. And for IoT project, I need static configuration. That's why i need armbian to allow dhcp when i am trying to ssh on…
-
I'm trying to build an abian trixie image with the CONFIG_DRM_PANEL_MIPI_DBI support module enabled in the kernel. However, no matter how many times I build, when checking the modinfo module, panel-mipi-dbi is not found. In the /boot/config(kernel) configuration, the line is commented out: #CONFIG_DRM_PANEL_MIPI_DBI is not set I set M to the panel-mipi-dbi kernel module parameter. I also set Y to the parameter. I also tried adjusting the .config file before running the image build. I used both Docker and non-Docker builds. I'm using Ubuntu 22.04.
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Something went wrong while writing Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.7_Aml-s9xx-box_noble_current_6.12.58_cinnamon_desktop.img.xz to Mass Storage Device (armbi_boot, armbi_root) (/dev/sdb) When I made a boot with Balena Etecher, it turned out there was an error. Something went wrong while writing Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.7_Aml-s9xx-box_noble_current_6.12.58_cinnamon_desktop.img.xz to Mass Storage Device (armbi_boot, armbi_root) (/dev/sdb) I downloaded it from the link provided at https://www.armbian.com/amlogic-s9xx-tv-box/ The file I used was Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble) Cinnamon. When I finished flashing, Balena couldn't verify the …
-
Hello all. I have 3 pi5s running Armbian and 1 pc running windows10. Prior to changing from Bookworm to Armbian all boxes would communicate well with each other. Now only windows explorer communicates with the Pis. The Pis do not see each other nor Windows. I tried (almost) everything and nothing works. I could not get/install WSDD >>Package wsdd is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source Error: Package 'wsdd' has no installation candidate>> so I installed WSDD2 and made reference to it and still no go. Any sol…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Using odroidxu4. flashed Armbian_25.8.1_Odroidxu4_noble_current_6.6.102 to eMMC After odroidxu4 started, followed instruction to create accounts etc. Installed xfce4 package reboot. odroidxu4 booted to console prompt Installed xfce4-goodies package reboot. odroidxu4 booted to console prompt Installed lightdm reboot. The system becomes stuck at plymouth-quit-wait.service/start Not much I could do after this as I could not look at log messages or use $ sudo systemctl status lightdm.service Any insight greatly appreciated Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Installation of autheila package ("apt install authelia") does does end with error due to /var/log/journal beeing a symlink to /var/log.hdd/journal. Once the symlink is removed and the directory is created instead, the installation can be completed successfully. The symlink can be recreated afterwards and authelia wil steill run normally - until the next package update.
-
Hi Unfortunately, I use an Odroid N2 (and N2+) for nextcloud installed via the nextcloudpi script. Now, the support is gone and there are no longer updates for nextcloud beyond version 30.0.x available. Currently I am running nextcloud 30.0.17. The version 30.0.x will reach end-of-support soon. I can imagine the following alternatives: Use armbian-config to install nextcloud - but will it do the update correctly or at all esp. for my external disks which nextcloud is using ? Use the image for the Odroid C2 (another arm-based SBC) and replace the kernel by the one for the Odroid N2+ Port the script from the Odroid C2 image to my O…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I'm still working on video hwaccel with some progress. Can anyone provide a confirmed working ffmpeg command line for camera capture and hardware encoding? I dont care about the platform, either rockchip or anything else, no matter about kernel or arbiam version. Using v4l2request is the only requirement. I'm using either 7.1.1 with libreelec patches or @Kwiboo's fork. I know there are a bunch of threads here and elswhere in the web but most are outdated, dealing with vaapi or other stuff, but I want to stay on v4l2 which seems to be the future. Thanks! T.
-
So how do I totally disable so access once logged in doesn't timeout in 5 minutes putting machine in sleep mode which disables remote access too? At 16 watts, it can run 24/7/365.25 doing its job which is as a backup server. Thanks all.
-
Hi all, I just installed Armbian with OpenMediaVault on a Odroid HC4 (v25.8.2 for Odroid HC4 running Armbian Linux 6.12.48-current-meson64), when I tried to disable automatic updates in armbian-config it purged a lot of packages including openmediavault. Guess this is a bug, in case where should I report it?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Latest compile for odroid xu4 does have a desktop. Any reason why?
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Looks like the package in subject is not in the repos. However, there are other packages depending on it (explicitly indicating that the required version is >=25.8.2) so this prevents package updates. Interestingly, for the armhf target the package is available, so I suspect a build issue. Any clue?
-
I just updated my odroid hc2 from bookworm to trixie. Everything went find and the system is running. However, I now get the following message from "apt-get update": W: https://github.armbian.com/configng/dists/stable/InRelease: Policy will reject signature within a year, see --audit for details W: http://apt.armbian.com/dists/trixie/InRelease: Policy will reject signature within a year, see --audit for details Using the --audit option I get: W: https://github.armbian.com/configng/dists/stable/InRelease: Policy will reject signature within a year, see --audit for details A: https://github.armbian.com/configng/dists/stable/InRelease: Sub-proce…
-
Is there a github repo for armbian-install? On the RockPi-S with both eMMC and SD cards installed, it's showing the devices backwards or un-named in the menu. I'd like to open an issue report to see if it can be fixed.
-
Reputation Points
- 19 replies
- 4.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Has anyone here configured armbian with a Wayland desktop, and completely free of X11? How did you do it? I have compiled labwc and it works great with my orange pi zero 3, with bookworm or trixie... but I can't figure out how to configure a wayland greeter. I need to do this because my LCD driver can't work with X11 (panel-mipi-dbi-spi).
-
Finally there is a proper tor-browser available for arm64/aarch64: 1. Goto https://nightlies.tbb.torproject.org/nightly-builds/tor-browser-builds/ 2. Navigate into: tbb-nightly.<date>/nightly-linux-aarch64/ 3. Download tor-browser-linux-aarch64-tbb-nightly.<date>.tar.xz 4. Unpack with tar -Jxvf and run tor-browser/start-tor-browser.desktop Yay! (I'm sure you can compile it too from their github page)
-
Hi All I've made for my sbc image, however found during this process messages including 1 marked as error : ``` Error response from registry: failed to fetch the content of "ghcr.io/armbian/os/armbian-bsp-cli-bananapipro-current:1-PCc91e-V4b00-H9299-B1e5d-Rf36a": ghcr.io/armbian/os/armbian-bsp-cli-bananapipro-current:1-PCc91e-V4b00-H9299-B1e5d-Rf36a: not found ``` some repeatible during the process: ``` gpg: WARNING: unsafe ownership on homedir '/home/bask/.gnupg' /usr/bin/deb-systemd-helper was not called from dpkg. Exiting. /usr/bin/deb-systemd-helper was not called from dpkg. Exiting. invoke-rc.d: unknown initscript,…
-
Reputation Points
- 18 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Every time I tried to log on to ssh on my rock-s0 with armbian, there would be a delay of like 5 seconds. I found a solution that fixes this problem. This thread is partly a PSA about this solution, and a question about whether this solution is a good idea or not. The trick is to change UsePAM=yes , to UsePAM=no , in the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file. But I heard some people online say this is a bad idea, but I don't understand PAM enough to know why. I am only going to use ssh in a basic password-authenticated, LAN environment. Do I really need PAM? The only side-effect I noticed is that it no longer shows the MOTD when logging in.
-
I fixed in the past some problems with sata drive by setting to "rolling" the sources in armbian-config. A few day ago I wanted to upgrade to trixie (debian 13) sources. I forgot to set up again the armbian-config sources to "stable" and I went in a bad situation with my raid1 : it completely disappeared from /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf, and was unable to mount. After several struggling with the command line tools, I managed to get it recreated by the following command : mdadm --create --force /dev/md0 \ --level=1 \ --raid-devices=2 \ /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdd1 \ --metadata=1.2 --data-offset=$(( 264192/2 ))K Now it seems to be syncing, but I think the fi…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
Armbian uses Netplan by default to manage network settings. But when it uses NetworkManager as renderer, it silently changes iptables rules—without asking, without telling. *Neither Netplan nor NetworkManager are supposed to manage firewall settings.* But they do it anyway, behind the scenes. That kind of behavior—making security changes without user consent—feels a lot like what malware does.
-
Hello, everyone. I'm using Armbian_25.5.2_Orangepizero3_bookworm_current_6.12.30-homeassistant_minimal on 4GB OpiZero3. When booting from sd, the bluetooth controller is initialized correctly. I made a boot from usb-ssd via armbian-config: everything works fine, but the bluetooth controller is not initialized. /sys/class/bluetooth is empty. Switch back to sd - it works again. Boot from ssd - no. I compared whether it transferred the distribution correctly from sd to ssd - all files are the same. What could be the problem?
-
Hello, I am new using the "build" tool. I am trying to compile Armbian using this config: # Board and kernel selection BOARD="rock-4se" # e.g., "odroidc4", "orangepi5", etc. BRANCH="current" RELEASE="jammy" # or "bookworm" for Debian # Build options BUILD_MINIMAL="yes" BUILD_DESKTOP="no" KERNEL_CONFIGURE="no" KERNEL_BTF=no # Use custom kernel KERNELSOURCE="https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rt/linux-stable-rt.git" KERNELBRANCH="tag:v5.15.92-rt57" # Enable RT patch KERNEL_USE_GCC="yes" KERNEL_COMPILER="aarch64-linux-gnu-" # or aarch64-linux-gnu- for ARM64 # Disable non-needed drivers SKIP_EXTERNAL="yes" SKIP_BOOTSPLASH="yes" BUILD_KSRC="no" ENABL…
-
BPI-R4, but that is probably the least of my problems. setting up netplan, like the docs say I have to. using networkd, or trying... renaming the eth1 interface to ethLAN, keeping lan1 as-is. networkctl always says that eth1 or ethLAN is unmanaged. Note that I'm using the ttyS0 serial console. root@ratatosk:~# networkctl list IDX LINK TYPE OPERATIONAL SETUP 1 lo loopback carrier unmanaged 2 eth0 ether degraded unmanaged 3 eth1 ether off unmanaged 4 eth2 ether off unmanaged 5 wan dsa off unmanaged 6 lan1 dsa routable configured 7 lan2 dsa off unmanaged 8 lan…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 6.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I just want to inform you, that tonight's system update showed this error: Hardware: Hardkernel Odroid C4 System: Armbian 25.5.2 bookworm (Debian Bookworm) --> As the issue is still present, I think I'd should going to inform you. Log: apt-get upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done Calculating upgrade... Done The following packages will be upgraded: armbian-bsp-cli-odroidc4-current armbian-firmware armbian-plymouth-theme base-files linux-dtb-current-meson64 linux-headers-current-meson64 linux-image-current-meson64 linux-u-boot-odro…
-
close investigation it seems to use grub, not bootp, card written does not show any activity of green led even after 10 minutes from powerup. Do you have some of the magic twanger needed to boot a pi? Thank you, gene1934
-
I got an Orange Pi Zero 3 (1.5GB) to run Adguard Home. I tried the latest Armbian image (25.5.1), first with DE, then without... same problem. I run the config wizard and install AdGuard Home through it, set it up via the browser (192.168.0.6:3000), then reboot to make sure the service loads properly on boot... which it doesn't. Well, the service SEEMS to be running, according to the monitor, but I can no longer access AdGuard via the browser (and yes, I reserved 192.168.0.6 for the Orange Pi in the router).
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I am trying to have a graphical login screen for my orange pi zero 3 with ili9488 LCD screen. A problem I have is that X11 can't start with the LCD driver... so I need to stay 100% wayland. I was able to compile and run labwc with these instructions: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/53797-labwc-wayland-crashes-on-exit/#findComment-223267 Labwc runs well on a HDMI screen and in the small ili9488 screen Next, I found this graphical login, which is made to install on top of lightdm: https://github.com/raspberrypi-ui/pi-greeter/tree/master Compilation rerequisites: sudo apt install gobject-introspection libgtk-…
-
There is several gigabytes of eMMC memory prepasted on the bpi-m5 that I would like to train amanda's database to use as its a heck of a lot faster & longer lasting than the 128G u-sd it is booting from. What is the procedure to mount it and make it usable as r/w memory?
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I am currently building a smart mirror project based on the Orange Pi 3B and I have encountered persistent booting (via sd card) issues - despite trying multiple recommended OS imgaed. I 'd like to document what I've tested so far and would appreciate any guidance. Tested OS imaged (downloaded form offical Orange Pi forum): 1. Orangepi3b_1.0.8_ubuntu_jammy_desktop_linux6.6.0-rc5 2. Orangepi3b_1.0.8_ubuntu_focal_desktop_xfce_linux6.6.0-rc5 3. Orangepi3b_1.0.8_debian_bookworm_desktop_xfce_linuc6.6.0-rc5 Flashed using Balena Etcher and also verified by Etcher after write. Common bahavior (on all tested images): -Board power up -HDMI o…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I used armbian-config to install immich but web interface not reachable. Checking docker -ps -a it seems immich is running. thank you
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone! I’m new to the forum and recently set up Armbian on my Orange Pi using the latest July 2025 image. I’m working on a user-space application to monitor fuel consumption for IoT projects involving vehicle fleets, like optimizing diesel trucks. I’m thinking of something that could run via armbian-config or as a Python script, pulling data from fuel sensors. So far, my idea is to log consumption data and calculate efficiency based on user input. I’ve tried Grafana, but it lacks a dedicated fuel calculator—kalkulatorpaliwa.com.pl could serve as a starting point for a simple interface. I’m unsure how to approach this on Armbian—should I use Python with Mat…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-