Odroid N2/N2+
| Download Armbian OS images: | Provide logs: |
|
Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu. |
Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.
|
133 topics in this forum
-
Hi, It seems that the Odroid N2 armbian builds do not support using armbianEnv.txt AT ALL. See this forum entry from 2021: I am facing the same issue with Armbian 26.2.1 Minimal dmesg shows the following: [ 0.000000] Kernel command line: root=UUID=c8906fe5-129c-4388-840c-58c43c541176 rootwait rootfstype=ext4 splash=verbose console=ttyAML0,115200 console=tty1 consoleblank=0 coherent_pool=2M loglevel=1 ubootpart=001c9d62-01 libata.force=noncq usb-storage.quirks= cgroup_enable=memory with the following in /boot/armbianEnv.txt: verbosity=1 console=both overlay_prefix=meson rootdev=UUID=c8906fe5-129c-…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just a warning for everyone, the new kernel update (6.18.xx I think?) absolutely wrecks the system (atleast it does on Ubuntu Noble). It doesn't boot at all anymore I needed to recover an old kernel from an old backup I had and overwrite the current kernel from rescue mode/petitboot. Kernel 6.12.xx seems to work fine(ish) Just a heads up because I don't know enough to pinpoint the exact cause. p.s. for me the kernel means the files in /boot not sure if I used proper terminology
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello experts and members, Any possibility of multi booting armbian via petitboot from microsd card or usb or emmc in odroid n2 among other OSs.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, While for Odroid-N2 ubuntu standard image wakeonlan worked I miss for armbian 20.08.22 Focal simple advice for bootenv or kernel parameters to enable it e.g. enabled_wol as with ubuntu standard image for N2. ethtool eth0 tells just it is disabled (d) and network settings doesnot work either. regards, Dieter
-
Reputation Points
- 18 replies
- 9.5k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Has anyone updated their odroid-HC4 with the latest kernel and firmware versions? I am currently running Armbian 24.2.1 Bookworm with Linux 6.1.63-current-meson64.
-
I found an old post from 4 years ago about this: odroid hc4 wake on lan wol Just curious if anyone has a solution? Thanks for any help
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 981 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, after installing the latest version of Armbian (Jammy 6.1.11 desktop) I found that HDMI monitor audio is not working. With the Ubuntu MATE version of odroid the audio worked. Armbian seems more powerful and its look is much better than MATE, I hope I can solve all the problems because I don't want to go back to MATE anymore, How can I make HDMI audio work? Thanks in advance... PS. I have already updated the firmware to full with the WiFi USB stick problem which has since been resolved
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 7.2k views
-
-
In my quest to use an ODROID N2 as a time server, I had to figure out how to enable UART_EE_A. Device trees for other boards sometimes enable UART A in the base device tree but the ODROID N2/N2+ does not. I am not sure why device trees don't fully define devices like UART_A and then just leave them disabled instead of partially defining them with missing "pinctrl" entries (as in the N2 device tree). Anyway, I've attached `meson-g12b-odroid-uart-ee-a.dtso` as an example of how to enable UART_EE_A. Additionally: The DT overlays for Meson UARTs (e.g. `/boot/dtb/amlogic/overlay/meson-uartA.dtbo`) are not compatible with …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
This post is not a criticism but I suppose that noobs with experience with linux since 2006 like myself might get caught out by: * Desktops are very simple and minimal but containing standard features such as Chromium, Firefox browser, Office tools etc. This Ubuntu based "noble" distro DOES NOT have any browser installed as part of the image. Since I rarely use snaps, as they are controversial, I did not understand at first that "synaptic" will not install Firefox or Chromium. In fact you have to use the CLI terminal to manually install Firefox or Chromium with the "snap" program. May I suggest that the webpage description be amended to:…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.9k views
-
-
FYI, Device is Odroid N2+ 4 GB. Some months ago I installed/ran: Armbian_25.2.1_Odroidn2_bookworm_current_6.12.13_xfce_desktop.img with no issues that I could not overcome. I re-downloaded it yesterday and re-installed/ran it on another Odroid N2+ 4GB with no issues. However when I try to install/run: Armbian_25.11.1_Odroidn2_noble_current_6.12.58_xfce_desktop.img "* Desktops are very simple and minimal but containing standard features such as Chromium, Firefox browser, Office tools etc." It leads to a number of issues, but the most important one is no internet browsers are installed that are either visible from the Applica…
-
Been having an issue where my idle temps are >60C The fan will spin for maybe a second or two and then turn off for 10-20 seconds Checking /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1 and it is set to 0 even though my MINPWM is set to 90 Even if I manually tee 90 to pwm1 it will eventually reset to 0 even with fancontrol turned off So something resetting without my input... fan1_input does read fan speed & pwm1_enabled is set to 1 lsof & auditd do not have any info as to what is overwriting the file Only way I can get the fan to stay on is to loop the tee command for a few seconds and then it is on that one speed Turning f…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 6.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Armbian current: It seems that the N2+ is [i]immune[/i] to Chrony and systemd-timesyncd. The only way I can set the date/time is manually through date -s. # systemctl status systemd-timesyncd ● systemd-timesyncd.service - Network Time Synchronization Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-timesyncd.service; enabled; preset: enabled) Active: active (running) since Mon 2025-11-24 13:06:59 PST; 31min ago Invocation: 50da85c1116348dbbd83cca270da6ff8 Docs: man:systemd-timesyncd.service(8) Main PID: 1185 (systemd-timesyn) Status: "Idle." Tasks: 2 (limit: 4227) Memory: 1.6M (peak: 2.3M) CPU: 79ms C…
-
After updating the edge kernel to 6.18-rc, the performance of my ODroid-N2 dropped drastically. Here are the performance test results of 7zip with different kernel versions for comparison I compile the kernel myself using the armbian build system and install the resulting .deb. '7z b' 7-Zip 23.01 (arm64) : Copyright (c) 1999-2023 Igor Pavlov : 2023-06-20 64-bit arm_v:8 locale=en_GB.UTF-8 Threads:6 OPEN_MAX:1024 Compiler: 13.2.0 GCC 13.2.0 Linux : 6.16.6-edge-meson64 : #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Sep 9 17:02:41 UTC 2025 : aarch64 PageSize:4KB THP:always hwcap:8FF:CRC32:SHA1:SHA2:AES:ASIMD LE 1T CPU Freq (MHz): 1901 189…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Used HW and SW: Odroid N2+ 4GB with 32 GB eMMC Sandisk 32 GB SD card SW: Armbian_25.5.1_Odroidn2_bookworm_current_6.12.28_minimal.img If I write the image to the SD card (using Balena Etcher), the system boots up and works fine. If I write the image in the same way to the eMMC using an adapter (with Balena Etcher), the system does not boot – only the red LED stays on. Booting via SD card with system and boot files transferred to eMMC using armbian-install also doesn't work. The system fails to boot again. The switch on the N2+ is in the correct position. The eMMC module is functional – if I write CoreELEC or Android images to i…
-
Hello everyone, Upgrading from distro isn't supported officially but I tried it anyways and thought I should share my findings. In short, it worked for me. Others have reported issues so maybe we can figure out what causes these issues. My N2+ is fairly vanilla, so I didn't heavily modify it. Running 5.10.x kernel since that is recommended for de N2+ Step 1. Fully upgrade your system on Focal sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade sudo apt-get dist-upgrade Step 2. Shutdown you N2+ and make an image backup of your emmc using dd or Win32DiskImager in case something goes wrong Step 3. Boot up your N2+ a…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 11.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have been trying to diagnose a QHYCCD camera problem on a N2 running INDI server. Everything appears to work fine but after several minutes the device fails to respond. The device is only supported by QHY on a true USB3 slot. Looking on other forums USB and cable stability are a common problem with these QHY devices so falling onto the wrong USB bus would definitely be a problem. However looking at lsusb I can see the device has dropped onto the wrong USB bus: $ lsusb Bus 002 Device 002: ID 05e3:0620 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB3.1 Hub Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04a9:3217 Canon, In…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
I am having trouble installing specific hardware dkms because the dkms requires the linux header files for the installed kernel version which are not available or do not exist. Armbian 23.05.1 Ubuntu 22.04 desktop version is build with kernel 6.6.63 but an apt search for the relevant headers finds none. Headers exist for 6.2, 6.5 and 6.8 but not for 6.6. How can I address this?
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.8k views
-
-
Odroid N2+ booting from eMMC with a 4TB USB drive. With the USB drive disconnected, the system boots fine and very quickly. With the USB drive connected, it throws hundreds of errors for about 30 seconds before finally moving on and booting from the eMMC. I have no desire to ever boot from SD or USB, so I would like to just disable those options. I found this topic https://forum.armbian.com/topic/10349-disable-u-boot-usb-support/ but I can't really follow what they're talking about and I have no idea how to patch U-boot or build a new boot image. Is there an easier way to do this? Here's what the errors look like: Hit any key to stop autoboot: …
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
After an update to Armbian 23.05.1 Ubuntu one of my Wifi adapters no longer sees any access point and can't be forced to connect blindly. The two adapters are very similar: The two adapters are very similar: Working Wifi Module 5B: |__ Port 2: Dev 9, If 2, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=rtl8821cu, 480M ID 0bda:c820 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. /sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1.2 /dev/bus/usb/001/009 Not working Wifi Module 5A: |__ Port 4: Dev 10, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=rtl88XXau, 480M ID 0bda:a811 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8811AU 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
I would like to update/upgrade to the latest dist for the Armbian N2 without completely re-installing. Is this supported and possible?In order to update to the latest Armbian
-
Running a home NAS using Armbian/meson bullseye and openmediavault. After apt upgrade today, my SATA disks are no longer spinning up or showing up in "fdisk -l". The system is on an SD card and still boots fine. This is what I'm seeing: [ 2.270633] scsi host0: ahci [ 2.272861] scsi host1: ahci [ 2.273074] ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 abar m512@0xfc700000 port 0xfc700100 irq 27 [ 2.273090] ata2: SATA max UDMA/133 abar m512@0xfc700000 port 0xfc700180 irq 27 ... [ 2.584971] ata1: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300) [ 2.896948] ata2: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300) Both disks work fine in another system. I have tried to upg…
-
Reputation Points
- 31 replies
- 17.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I've been using the /dev/ttyAML1 UART port on my Odroid N2+ at the GPIO pins 8 and 10 with buster. With the update to bullseye, the /dev/ttyAML1 device disappeared. Also now in bookworm it is no longer present. Now I happen to need the UART at GPIO 8 and 10 again and did some more persistent research and came across this post over in the DietPI forum. It provided an alternative meson-g12b-odroid-n2-plus.dtb which I installed in my system. Since then my /dev/ttyAML1 device is back and I can use the UART at GPIO 8 and 10 as I wished. However, I am a bit nervous, since I just installed some binary dtb file to my system at a path which …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.5k views
-
-
Hi I was trying out Armbian_24.2.1_Odroidn2_bookworm_current_6.6.16_cinnamon_desktop.img.xz and its not booting when you have a usb hdd connected. It works pefectly fine on bullseye image. Also tryed some other hdd on usb Board variant: n2-plus Net: dunac_neson8b ethernet@ff3f0000: Can't get reset: -2 ethe: ethernet@ff310000 Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0 starting USB... Bus usb@ff500000: Register 3000140 MbrPorts 3 Starting the controller USB XHCI 1.10 scanning bus usbeff500000 for devices... unable to get device descriptor (error-1) …
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 6.9k views
-
-
Hi guys, I installed the latest Armbian (Buster) release for my Odroid HC4 and - after getting rid of Petitboot as that just wouldn't let me boot the image - it's working great so far. Only big problem I have is that it does not recognize any SATA devices, in neither of the two slots. I tried different HDDs / SSDs that I verified are recognized on a Windows PC and another Ubuntu PC. Did anyone get that working already? I assume the required Kernel drivers for the PCIe-Sata-chip are probably still missing. Many thanks and best regards Daniel
-
Reputation Points
- 16 replies
- 14.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all, I am using an Odroid N2 with a 16Gb emmc and Armbian Bookworm. However as this got a bit small, I installed Armbian Bookworm to a new 64Gb emmc (Armbian is installed on an SD and can then be copied/installed to emmc). This seemed to work fine, and I had a running system. However, on the 3rd or 4th reboot, I got the error that the file "boot.scr" wasn't readable. With that, the emmc was not bootable anymore. I reinstalled multiple times, and each time, the emmc would work for a 2-5 boots, but no more. Each time, i got the error as above, or the error as below (partition could not be found) I never had this issue with the 16Gb emmc? Does anyone …
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
My current HC4-setup consists of 1 SSD and 1 HDD. The SSD contains the most recent Armbian-image (Buster-based) (https://redirect.armbian.com/odroidhc4/Buster_current). Long story short: it won't boot from SSD, and Google tells me it is because Armbian is not compatible with Petiboot. Armbian suggests the following solution: "Important: To be able to boot clean Armbian mainline based u-boot / kernel experiences, you need to remove incompatible Petitboot loader that is shipped with the board. From the Petitboot, go for “Exit to shell” and these commands to remove the Petitboot:" # flash_eraseall /dev/mtd0 # flash_eraseall /dev/mtd1 # flash_eraseall /de…
-
Reputation Points
- 19 replies
- 21.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
This isn't a question but more of a tutorial. I wanted to install Debian Bookworm with latest kernel to my odroid. I'm documenting my steps and experience here in case you stumble across it and find it useful. At the time of writing, the link on the Odroid HC4 site to download Bookworm is broken. No worries, I thought, I'll just build it myself, doesn't seem too hard. My host system is Windows 10 where I'm building in a WSL 2 Ubuntu. It has GCC 9.3.0 installed. Follow the usual instructions here. My compilation command is: ./compile.sh KERNEL_CONFIGURE= BUILD_MINIMAL=no BUILD_DESKTOP=no EXTERNAL_NEW=prebuilt BOARD=odroidhc4 BRA…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 5.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
After last system upgrade I got, Package armbian-bsp-cli-odroidhc4-current is kept back because a related package is kept back or due to local apt_preferences(5). and (translate from french) sudo apt install --only-upgrade armbian-bsp-cli-odroidhc4-current ... The following packages contain unmet dependencies: armbian-bsp-cli-odroidhc4-current : Dépend: base-files (>= 23.11.1) E: Unable to fix problems, bad packets are in "keep as is" mode. How to fix this issue? uname -a Linux xxxxx.xx 6.1.63-current-meson64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Nov 20 10:52:19 UTC 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux apt-cache show base-files …
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 10.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I upgraded the kernel today via apt-get update/upgrade and it seems kernel for armbian 23.08 is being pushed to users with 23.02 breaking a bunch of stuff. After upgrading the kernel ethernet stops working and requires the user to manually downgrade kernel, uboot (and dtb?). I am currently on "current" kernel (6.1.11-meson64) I'm thinking of downgrading to legacy (5.xx) via armbian-config, does anyone know if this is safe?
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 10k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Armbian_23.11.1_Odroidn2_bookworm_current_6.1.63.img.xz was downloaded and flashed to SD card. System booted OK from the SD card and successfully started the OS. Then I used armbian-config to write the root file system to an SSD. After reboot, the system appears to get through the boot stage OK. It also proceeds to start up the OS OK, but then services fail to start. Further action stops temporarily, but pressing the escape key or a function key makes the screen go black for a second or so, returning with what's shown in the last image. No other keys have any ef…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4.4k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hello, i need to activate the serial port on the odroid N2-plus, the serial port is on pins (J2 - 2x20 PINS) 8/10. Usually this uart with ubuntu is at /dev/ttyS1. If I try to use it on armbian I get an input/output error. I read the following post, I understand that it is not implemented yet. Can anyone point me in the direction of trying to do this?
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I recently installed the latest precompiled Bullseye image on my Odroid HC4 and plugged in two Samsung 870 QVO 8TB SSDs. After configuring the system I noticed that they were not present, checking output from `/var/log/syslog` I can see the "SATA Llink down" messages for both channels. After several reboots I tried seating them after booting, both drives cause some messages about a soft reset failing, then eventually within 30-60 seconds are recognised until I reboot. I then one Crucial MX500 4TB SSDs which was recognised at first, after some reboots it would no longer be present, or strangely, be present with a much lower capacity (1TB). When seating the d…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 6.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Installing Bullseye from download list works fine, but after `apt update / apt upgrade` or a firmware update through armbian-config, boot process gets stuck with Uboot logo in the corner and won't proceed any further. Any ideas? Using a EMMC card and BalenaEtcher to burn.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Armbian boot logo shows and also on shutdown.... just doesn't want to display the desktop. Gnome desktop image. 6.1.50-current-meson6 #2 SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 30 14:11:13 UTC 2023 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
-
Hello, I recently updated my N2 server from Bullseye to Bookworm. Reboot went fine. I then noticed I still had the old kernel from the linux-image-odroidn2 package (4.9.190-odroidn2), so I ran armbian-config, and told it to switch to linux-image-current-meson64. It installed packages for a bit, then rebooted on its own without asking. Since then, every boot is stuck with a U-boot logo at the top right of the screen. What I tried: Fixed a couple of issues in /boot (zImage was a symlinked to the old `vmlinuz-4.9.190-odroidn2` that no longer existed, I made it point to `vmlinuz-6.1.11-meson64` instead; `boot.ini` referred to `boot/dtb/a…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am unable to configure Xorg to ignore (and stop using as its default) the None-1 video device causing me not to be able to display a desktop via the HMDI-1-1 device. It has been suggested (https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/how-to-configure-xorg/26732/3) that I disable this device in the kernel, hopefully, via a kernel option such as : video=None-1:d Does anyone know where (which file) and how (specific method) I should do this?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.7k views
-
-
Hi On fresh installed Armbian_23.5.1_Odroidn2_jammy_current_6.1.30_xfce_desktop when starting chromium-browser I get odroidn2:~$ chromium-browser Gtk-Message: 20:49:33.686: Failed to load module "xapp-gtk3-module" libva error: vaGetDriverNameByIndex() failed with unknown libva error, driver_name = (null) [18372:18372:0625/204934.172288:ERROR:gpu_init.cc(537)] Passthrough is not supported, GL is egl, ANGLE is [18372:18372:0625/204934.232251:ERROR:gl_display.cc(508)] EGL Driver message (Error) eglQueryDeviceAttribEXT: eglQueryDeviceAttribEXT [18372:18372:0625/204934.232523:ERROR:gl_angle_util_vulkan.cc(189)] Failed to retrieve vkGetInstanceProcAddr [18372:18372:06…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.8k views
-
-
Hi, Does anyone know how to get rid of the error on Odroid N2+ ? The error appears after some time of using GUI app on XFCE DRM_IOCTL_MODE_CREATE_DUMB failed: Cannot allocate memory Failed to create scanout resource
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone! Been using Armbian for a few days and loving it!! Banging job! I'd like to ask though, is there a way to change the threshold for when the fan kicks in on the N2+? As it's hardcoded to 65C correct? Thanks!
-
Reputation Points
- 28 replies
- 12.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I've just install Armbian_23.02.2_Odroidhc4_jammy_current_6.1.11.img to my new odroid hc4 but after copy sd to sata by using nand-sata-install the system stuck dureing boot on an "emergency mode error".
-
Hi Everyone, on my odroid n2+ _armbian 5.10.123-22.05.3 everything is fine but the system runs on a class 10 (uhs-i) sd card with very low speed... odroidn2:brontolo:# sudo hdparm -Tt /dev/mmcblk0p1 /dev/mmcblk0p1: Timing cached reads: 3440 MB in 2.00 seconds = 1720.27 MB/sec Timing buffered disk reads: 68 MB in 3.05 seconds = 22.28 MB/sec ...performance is better with an emmc card but my interest is if you can make settings to improve the access speed, I haven't found anything on the net..!! would that be too complicated !? 😁 thanks for the advices... greetings to all..
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
After updating my Odroid N2+ today, lo is the only network interface shown when running 'ip a' The update was 18 packages: root@odroidn2p10:~# apt upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done Calculating upgrade... Done The following packages will be upgraded: armbian-config armbian-firmware armbian-zsh libldap-2.5-0 libldap-common libnss-myhostname libpam-systemd libsystemd0 libudev1 linux-dtb-current-meson64 linux-image-current-meson64 linux-u-boot-odroidn2-current python3-tz sudo systemd systemd-sysv tzdata udev 18 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to g…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I was running OpenMediaVault on Armbian Buster some time ago and after an update (I suppose) the system would not boot normally anymore. Had to move places shortly after that, so the board stayed in a box for about a year and now I would like to put it back into service. A Bullseye image is required for OMV 6, so I went to the website and downloaded the latest image for my Odroid N2 board : Armbian_23.02.2_Odroidn2_bullseye_current_6.1.11.img.xz I then flashed the 16GB eMMC and plugged it in ... no boot (fixed red led / no network) If I do the same with an SDCard, it boots up normally (blinking blue led / working SSH) …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to get audio out of my N2+ via SPDIF on the 7 pin header, or any gpio pin if necessary. So far I have confined my SPDIF output works with the official Odroid MATE image, and also that I can get audio out via the 3.5mm jack on armbian after flowing this post . I have tried to understand the amixer wizardry but no luck achieving anything so am a bit stuck as I would really like to use armbian over the Odroid image. Thanks for any help!
-
hello everyone, can anyone tell me how to install the driver for the RTL8811 WiFi USB dongle?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Is there a way to enable the audio jack? Only the HDMI audio is working.
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 9.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm trying to complete the installation of Armbian onto the HC4 (HC4-P if that changes anything). With a fresh SD card I run sudo dd if=Armbian_22.11.1_Odroidhc4_bullseye_current_5.19.17.img of=/dev/sdb status=progress plug in the card to the board, plug in the ethernet cable, hold down the boot switch, and plug it into power. It all seems to run correctly: I can SSH into the board and I complete the initial steps to set-up the installation (root pass, default shell, username, real name, and locale). However it does not seem as I can access the SPI FLASH device. Running the following commands from the HC4 page do not work as there are no mt…
-
I'm testing the Armbian image for Odroid N2+ ( Armbian_22.08.7_Odroidn2_jammy_current_5.19.17_xfce_desktop) to see if it's a good migration path from the HardKernel base image. Unfortunately I need to get both i2c bus running on the GPIO and so far only the first bus seems to work (i2c-0). Looking into /sys/bus/i2c/devices , it looks like i2c-1 is tied to the hdmi port instead of the 2nd i2c bus on the GPIO : lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 31 1969 0-0051 -> ../../../devices/platform/soc/ffd00000.bus/ffd1c000.i2c/i2c-0/0-0051 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 31 1969 i2c-0 -> ../../../devices/platform/soc/ffd00000.bus/ffd1c000.i2c/i2c-0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have a odroid n2+ and I want ask, how to enable UART on the pin8 and pin10 ? Normaly it's mapped as ttyAML1 but this is now missing. I found some informations about /boot/armbianEnv.txt, but I'm not well experienced so I don't want beak a OS. Please can you help me what to modify to get UART working ? Thank you for help
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm trying to use an external RTC clock (https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/rtc-shield/, battery is good) connected over I2C to wakeup the Odroid HC4 from poweroff (or if not possible from disk-suspend). To my surprise the rtc was already recognised (and also the device tree seems good) and I'm able to communicate with it, read it and set alarms for it. However, whenever I poweroff the device and try to turn on again it does not power on by itself (neither from poweroff, nor from disk suspend). Output from /proc/driver/rtc: rtc_time : 19:16:28 rtc_date : 2023-03-29 alrm_time : 19:07:00 alrm_date : 2023-04-29 alarm_IRQ : no alrm_pending : no upd…
-
Hello, I have tested Armbian with SD card without issue. I'm wondering if it's possible to do the same using SSD. SSD is much more reliable and faster than SD card. I can do it with the Ubuntu release from Odroid using petitboot, but it seems that Armbian isn't compatible with petitboot. Thank you
-
Reputation Points
- 73 replies
- 49.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I’m in a pickle. I bought an Odroid HC4 a few months ago, setup a RAID-1 array and installed Nextcloud on it. At the time, I used `nand-sata-install` to move the system from the SD‑card to a partition of one of the HDD (/dev/sda1), out of RAID (/dev/md0), and leave the bootloader on the SD-card. I did not make a backup of this SD-card and, after rebooting today, I realised the SD-card was not functioning any more. No device I use (Sansa audio player with Rockbox, phone with Ubuntu Touch, Laptop with Ubuntu) would even detect it. I was thinking of using `nand-sata-install` again to only update the bootload…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
As the original thread, which was closed by moderator for obvious reason, did attract attention of few peoples having the same problem as me, it would be a waste not to follow up on this, I think. Let me sum up: I have two HC4, one bought in 8.2021 and other one 11.2022, both have two SSDs each. The older one after a kernel upgrade didn't see a second disk any more. I've just tried few kernels I could find with the following results: OK: Linux odroidhc4 5.12.10-meson64 #21.05.4 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jun 16 08:19:35 UTC 2021 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux OK: Linux odroidhc4 5.13.12-meson64 #21.08.1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 25 19:35:13 UTC 2021…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi have two N2s (an N2+ and N2). Both are connected to a Viewsonic 2560x1440 2 HDMI ports monitor where they both work well. One system (N2+) is running Ubuntu 22.04 the other is running Armbian jammy 22.04.01 Kernel 6.0.13 #22.11.2. I have purchased a ATEN CS22H 2 port HDMI/USB KIVM switch. When I connect both systems to the monitor via the KVM I only get a picture from the Ubuntu system. The Armbian system is always black. Can I force the kernel/firmware to be 2560x1440x60hz. I was looking at this post : Regarding forcing the kernel to be a fixed resolution but wasn't sure it was relevant. …
-
Hi guys, My N2+ just arrived and I was able to install a Debian Bookworm (EDGE) image I built onto it (both to a SD card and an EMMC card) The selector switch is set to boot from MMC. Armbian fires up nice from the SD card but it does not boot from the EMMC. I can see the Drive with fdisk so I guess I need to copy the boot image onto it. (Its /dev/zram1) This is the first step towards building a PREEMPT_RT image so I was excited to see it sorta works! Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hey, I have a very similar problem here to this and this thread. I rebooted as the HC4 was already bugging me for a while to reboot on the motd (unattended-upgrades). Since the reboot, /dev/sdb is gone. It's a new Samsung SSD 870 EVO as well as in the other thread. The other (still running) one is a new Crucial MX500. I tried several Armbian kernels but no change. I went back to 5.10.57-meson64. There are no obviously burnt components on the device. There seem quite a few people with this problem. Any ideas? Thanks a lot! P.S. TP10 and TP11 are at 12V.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
The zfs-dkms included in Armbian_22.11.1_Odroidhc4_jammy in version 2.1.4 is to old for 5.19.17 kernel. It should be 2.1.6 like in Armbian_22.08.7. Loading new zfs-2.1.4 DKMS files... Building for 5.19.17-meson64 Building initial module for 5.19.17-meson64 configure: error: *** None of the expected "blk_queue_discard" interfaces were detected. *** This may be because your kernel version is newer than what is *** supported, or you are using a patched custom kernel with *** incompatible modifications. *** *** ZFS Version: zfs-2.1.4-0ubuntu0.1 *** Compatible Kernels: 3.10 - 5.17 http://paste.debian.ne…
-
Hi everyone! For about a week now, I have been using armbian 22.11.1 on my new Odroid HC4, which is my Nextcloud server. As alway, armbian is rock solid 😉 I have just a little question: Can one modify the information presented in htop? I'd like to have "CPU temperature" and "TX today" (meaning sent bytes) showing. The welcome screen already shows "CPU temperature" and "RX today". I know that the CPU temperature can be read here /etc/armbianmonitor/datasources/soctemp and but I can't find it in the htop-configuration under "available meters".
-
Hi there, I have new HC4 (like 6 moths old) and since beginning I am struggling with reboot. I have latest Armbian Bullseye, and every time I make reboot, I need to power cycle to get it up. Is there any solution to that problem? I tried HK images, and they are rebooting but they are old so I want to be a bit modern but that is really annoying issue. Any help please? And Merry Christmas guys, thanks for the awesome distro even with that stupid problem.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
Hi everyone! I would like to install a wake up physical button on my Odroid n2+ gpio. I already know I have to edit the dtb files and specify something in ArmbianEnv but.. is there someone who could tell me what exactly I have to write? I'm using Armbian Jammy. Thanks!
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.6k views
-
-
Some time ago a I was desperate to have ZFS on an Odroid HC4 and after some trying found Armbian 21.05.8 Buster with Linux 5.10.57-meson64 on which I could compile ZFS module. Then I moved everything from the SD card to filesystems in a ZFS pool. It boots from SD card, though. And has been working fine for several months. Recently I bought another HC4 and took the current Armbian image for it: Armbian 22.08.8 Jammy with Linux 5.19.17-meson64 Everything works fine. Tried this image on the older HC4 and it doesn't see the second SSD. In the syslog I found this message: ata1: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300) …
-
Hi, i have armbian bullseye (headless) installed on my odroid-hc4. petitboot is disabled. The boot-partition lies on a sd-card while the root-partion is on a ssd. this configuration worked fine. After upgrading to armbian bullseye 22.11 the boot process stucks in initramfs cause the root file-system is not found anymore (ALERT! UUID=xxx does not exist. Dropping to a shell. The sd-card with the boot partition as well as the ssd with the root-partition can be mounted on another PC and seem to be flawless. the UUID shown in fstab and initramfs are identical. In initramfs ls /dev/sd* shows no devices while ls /dev/mm* shows the sdcard (mmcblk01...). I don't really …
-
Hello, Bluetooth stopped working in kernel 5.19.17-meson64 #22.11.1 root@nextcloudpi:~# hciconfig hci0: Type: Primary Bus: USB BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 ACL MTU: 0:0 SCO MTU: 0:0 DOWN RX bytes:14 acl:0 sco:0 events:1 errors:0 TX bytes:3 acl:0 sco:0 commands:3 errors:2 root@nextcloudpi:~# hcitool dev Devices: root@nextcloudpi:~# dmesg | grep Bluetooth [ 10.005353] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.22 [ 10.010561] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized [ 10.010582] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized [ 10.010589] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized [ 10.010621] Bluetooth: SCO socket…
-
Hi, in addition to this topic I would like to mention that the current Odroid N2 Firmware (Armbian 22.05.0-trunk.0004 Jammy with Linux 5.10.103-meson64 / U-Boot 2022.01-armbian (Mar 03 2022 - 19:25:51 +0000) odroid-n2/n2-plus) as well has difficulties with both the orange and the red coloured eMMC modules at this time. The orange coloured eMMC module is recognised but couldn't be activated ("unable to select a mode : -5"): Spoiler G12B:BL:6e7c85:7898ac;FEAT:E0F83180:2000;POC:F;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;0. bl2_stage1 bl2_stage_init 0x81 hw id: 0x0000 - pw…
-
Reputation Points
- 22 replies
- 15.6k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I tried 3 las disk images in SD card, update and OMV is not available fo install. In all tutorials show that OMV is available there. But when on my N2, it's not available.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Long story short: I used for about one year an odroid HC4 as NFS server and worked fine. Now I would add a player service for it. It mounts an HDMI port, so I tried to plug in the cable and it worked. I were able to see the video output but with no sound. I found there is no detected hdmi card: # aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: ODROIDHC4 [ODROID-HC4], device 0: fe.dai-link-0 (*) [] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 0: ODROIDHC4 [ODROID-HC4], device 1: fe.dai-link-1 (*) [] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 0: ODROIDHC4 [ODROID-HC4], device 2: fe.dai-link-2 (*) [] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: sub…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi there, yesterday I tried to use nand install skript tool to move the content from my sd card on odroid n2 to emmc card for booting and using emmc card only. The process itself worked and the content of the sd cards was moved, but after unplugging sd card and plugging emmc card the boot process is not starting and nothing is shown on the hdmi monitor. I compared the /boot filesystems and both are identically. I checked the "armbianEnv.txt" file and it is ok for the new uuid of the emmc card. Everything seems to be identically but why is it not booting. Does someone have a hint what to check additionally what is maybe missing at beginning of the boot process.…
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 16.8k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi I was using: Title: Armbian 21.08.5 Odroidhc4 Debian buster legacy Then something bad pushed me to run apt update/upgrade No ZFS anymore. Installed 22.08.2, but, when tried to install kernel headers using armbian-config, result: "grep: invalid max count" message. What is the current correct way to install Armbian with ZFS? Thanks ChrisO
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, After a firmware update today I got a problem with Wireguard on my Odroid-hc4. I got that when checking ufw status, sudo ufw status verbose ERROR: problem running iptables: modprobe: FATAL: Module ip_tables not found in directory /lib/modules/5.10.123-meson64 iptables v1.8.7 (legacy): can't initialize iptables table `filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?) Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded. How to fix that? Laurent
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 11.6k views
-
-
Hi, has anyone got the Odroid VU7-C display to work on a Odroid N2+ running headless Armbian Jammy? Running the hardkernel stock 22.04, which is still on linux kernel 4.9, it works fine. I've already tried to change a few boot params in /boot/boot.cmd, inspired by https://wiki.odroid.com/accessory/display/vu_series/vu7/vu7#tab__odroid-n2 like setenv display_autodetect "true" or setenv disable_vu7 "false" setenv hdmimode “800x480p60hz” setenv voutmode "dvi" Am I correct to run mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr as root after each change in boot.cmd? I noticed in the hardk…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Is there any way to enable Wake on Lan? As far as I know the Odroid-HC4 Supports WoL but I can't get it to work
-
I don't understand why I can't update to 5.19. I just updated to various user-space Debian 11.5 packages, but I can't see any newer kernels. root@odo:/boot# apt policy linux-image-edge-meson64 linux-image-edge-meson64: Installed: 22.05.1 Candidate: 22.05.1 Version table: *** 22.05.1 500 500 https://mirrors.xtom.de/armbian bullseye/main arm64 Packages 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status 22.02.1 500 500 https://mirrors.xtom.de/armbian bullseye/main arm64 Packages 22.02.0-trunk.0046 500 500 https://mirrors.xtom.de/armbian bullseye/main arm64 Packages 22.02.0-trunk.0045 500 500 https://mirrors.xtom.de/armbian bullse…
-
Hello, I'm pretty new to Armbian and also to Odroid devices. I'm trying to use Armbian as main operating system (instead of official Ubuntu image). If I burn SD with official Ubuntu image, it work well, if I try to burn almost any of Armbian images for Odroid N2/N2+, I can't get them to work. I've tried theese images: Armbian 22.08.1 Bullseye Armbian 22.05.4 Bullseye Armbian 21.08.1 Bullseye Armbian 22.05.4 Jammy Armbian 22.05.4 Jammy Armbian 21.05.2 Hirsute Edge As per Ubuntu, I've downloaded them, burnt with BalenaEtcher on SD, put the SD in switched-off odroid, attach hdmi, lan, keyboard an…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have an Odroid-N2+ and I would like very much to Armbian on it. However, when I run lspcu I see that mitigations for hardware side channel attacks are missing: $ lscpu Architecture: aarch64 CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit Byte Order: Little Endian CPU(s): 6 On-line CPU(s) list: 0-5 Vendor ID: ARM Model name: Cortex-A53 Model: 4 Thread(s) per core: 1 Core(s) per socket: 2 Socket(s): 1 Stepping: r0p4 CPU max MHz: 2016.0000 CPU min MHz: 1000.0000 BogoMIPS: 48.00 Flags: fp asimd evtstrm aes …
-
Armbian_22.05.4_Odroidn2_jammy_current_5.10.123_xfce_desktop.img ... comes up with the Armbian logo and circling dots... But the dots go on for an hour and a half. Here's what /var/log/bootstrap.log looks like.
-
Reputation Points
- 22 replies
- 8.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, Odroid N2+ Armbian 22.05 Jammy Kernel 5.10.y, Size: 360Mb, Updated: Jul 1, 2022 + XFCE installed by means of armbian-config htop shows Systemd: degraded (1/372 failed) root@n2p-dev:~# systemctl --failed UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION ● fwupd-refresh.service loaded failed failed Refresh fwupd metadata and update motd LOAD = Reflects whether the unit definition was properly loaded. ACTIVE = The high-level unit activation state, i.e. generalization of SUB. SUB = The low-level unit activation state, values depend on unit type. 1 loaded units listed. root@n2p-d…
-
I get a pink tinted screen, on the N2+. Tried different DMs (Gnome, XFCE, KDE), and a second N2+ I have. Changing my monitor's icc profile to a generic sRGB in GNOME and KDE does nothing. Using the same monitor and cable on my regular desktop I not have this problem.
-
Hi I had to upgrade my Odroid N2 from Armbian Buster to Armbian Bullseye to run newer versions of Nextcloudpi (24.x). So I did the upgrade by writing the Armbian 22.05 version to the eMMC and started Armbian. Works fine. Then I installed a fresh nextcloudpi (23.0.2) which is the same version I used on Armbian Buster. Works fine. I added the external disks (ncdata und ncbackup). After a restore of my nextcloudpi backup everything was well. But the next reboot did nothing, i.e. no output on the HDMI Interface, nothing. So, I did a power-off and looked at the eMMC via a Micro-SD adapter I have. Of course, no logs, nothing. …
-
Hi! You can find the armbianmonitor output attached to this thread. The issue is: when I use HDMI audio output with wine applications the entire system freezes very soon, usually after some seconds from the launch of the application. Some fraction of the latest played sound keeps looping very fast and both mouse and keyboard are unresponsive. All I can do is to unplug the power. This happens both on Odroid N2 and Odroid N2+. Everything works fine if I use some bluetooth headphones. And everything works fine if I use HDMI audio output with linux native applications. The problem is in the combination of Wine applications and HDMI audio output. Armbian Monitor Out…
-
So, first of all, pretty much a newbie here. I'm trying to add protonvpn to my HC4. I was able to do it with Ubuntu Mate (from the HC4 webpage) on the same hardware, so I'm pretty sure it's possible on Armbian. To be fair, the ProtonVPN website says that raspbian is not supported (and I assume they meant to say ARM) but I have been able to get it to work on Mate, and the problem on Armbian seems to be the Public Key and nothing else. After installation, the app will start, but won't work, so some successful compiling for ARM seems to be happening. What I did: - Downloaded the deb file for Debian based stable release - Tried GDebi and Apt, but dpkg wo…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The image listed here with xfce is broken: https://www.armbian.com/odroid-n2/ Example download link to broken image: https://mirrors.dotsrc.org/armbian-dl/odroidn2/archive/Armbian_22.05.1_Odroidn2_focal_current_5.10.110_xfce_desktop.img.xz
-
First off, could someone please help. I did not seem to be able to create this topic without a tag and the only tag it would accept was "solved". Wondering if somebody could remove the "solved" tag and add in "odroidhc4"? I purchased a brand new odroid hc4 board with the intention of installing armbian and then subsequently OMV. My intention was/is to install Armbian on a MicroSD card. On the downloader page I read that in order to clean boot Armbian the incompatible Petit bootloader needs to be removed. I tried the bootloader bypass (preferred) method and that didn't seem to work for me. The board still seemed to go to the petitboot UI. …
-
Hi all. I've recently received the Odroid N2+. Since nobody else started a topic about it, I'll be the one. All works fine with Armbian since not much hardware changes have been made vs the N2. Except for the CPU frequency. With the Odroid Ubuntu you can set it to 2.4Ghz for the big cores A73 as overclock (2208 stock)., and 2016Mhz for the A53 cores (1908 stock). With Armbian the max clocks are 2Ghz for all cores. Using Armbian Focal 4.9 legacy. I tried setting the higher values in config.ini. Also tried with the "meson64_odroidn2_plus.dtb" file from the Odroid Ubuntu. Doesn't boot with that. (What do I know ) Other changes are the RTC b…
-
Reputation Points
- 52 replies
- 45.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, please ignore my username, it's quite old. System is an odroid n2+. After updating the system (apt dist-upgrade) and updating linux-image-current-meson64:arm64 21.08.1 to 21.08.6, my sd card could not be mount anymore. New firmware was: linux-image-current-meson64=21.08.6 / 5.10.81-meson64 System runs from emmc. The 256gb sd card is used for more internal storage. Kernel message: mmc0: error -84 whilst initialising SD card - repeated every few seconds. Downgrade back to linux-image-current-meson64=21.08.01 / 5.10.??-meson64 (did not remember minor version while changing kernel in armbian-config): works again…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Sometimes when reboot device goes to emergency mode and you can not connect to it remotelly. I read on internet, may be here, that make this [Firmware Bug]. I downgrade Kernel to "Igor" recommended 5.7.15 and there the [Firmware Bug] missing. I tested new and newest Kernel via armbian-config but the [Firmware Bug] is present everywhere. Kernel 5.7.15 seems good without this bug but i have no sounds on Audio out or via HDMI. --- journalctl -xb [Firmware Bug]: Kernel image misaligned at boot, please fix your bootloader!
-
root@odroidn2:~# journalctl -x | grep haveged Mar 12 19:43:51 odroidn2 kernel: audit: type=1400 audit(1615574627.248:2): apparmor="STATUS" operation="profile_load" profile="unconfined" name="/usr/sbin/haveged" pid=1635 comm="apparmor_parser" Mar 12 19:43:47 odroidn2 audit[1635]: AVC apparmor="STATUS" operation="profile_load" profile="unconfined" name="/usr/sbin/haveged" pid=1635 comm="apparmor_parser" -- Subject: A start job for unit haveged.service has finished successfully -- A start job for unit haveged.service has finished successfully. Mar 12 19:43:52 odroidn2 haveged[1836]: haveged: Couldn't initialize HAVEGE rng 9 Mar 12 19:43:52 odroidn2 haveged[1836]:…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 8.8k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hello, I want to have the GPU mali integration so I choose Armbian kernel 5.4 But there is no sound l. The command aplay -l not list any hardware. And no sound on HDMI An idea ? If I must choose another image can you tell me the good image ? And can I will keep the bifrost wayland integration ? Thanks a lot.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, Ihave an Odroid N2 that run with armbian. 1) I can't upgrade armbian-zsh_21.08.6_all.deb The output of apt upgrade is : (Lecture de la base de données... 133099 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.) Préparation du dépaquetage de .../armbian-zsh_21.08.6_all.deb ... Dépaquetage de armbian-zsh (21.08.6) sur (21.08.5) ... dpkg: erreur de traitement de l'archive /var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-zsh_21.08.6_all.deb (--unpack) : impossible d'ouvrir « /etc/oh-my-zsh/plugins/osx/README.md.dpkg-new »: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type Des erreurs ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution : /var/cache/apt/archives/arm…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
From time to time, I notice that the HC4 looses its IP address. journalctl then tells me: dhcp4 (eth0): selecting lease failed: -131 But I don't know the reason for it. Sometimes it happens after a reboot. Pulling the ethernet cable off and plugging it in again seems to help and after a few tries, the HC4 is reachable again. I'd be happy to give more information, but I don't know yet how to debug it. I noticed that /var/log (zram) sometimes gets full but I don't know if this is related…
-
Hello at the moment I am struggling to flash a stable desktop environment on my N2, I tried followin images on emmc card without success : Armbian_21.08.1_Odroidn2_hirsute_edge_5.13.12_xfce_desktop : unstable I know, but did not even go through the booting process (stuck at some point in uboot) Armbian_21.05.4_Odroidn2_focal_current_5.10.43_xfce_desktop : found in the archive, it did boot but then froze while in desktop environment. I would have the following need : - use of a logitech mouse (wireless) - use of a bluetooth dongle - use of wacom tablet (I was able sometime ago with some image but cant rell which one no longer) …
-
After upgrading to Focal on hc1 I countinously receive cron mails with the following content: /usr/lib/armbian/armbian-truncate-logs: 19: /etc/default/armbian-ramlog: Syntax error: "(" unexpected Similar problem is reported here: https://forum.yunohost.org/t/continuously-receiving-email-about-armbian-log/16549 After checking the code, the problem seams to be, that nowerdays /etc/default/armbian-ramlog contains something like # If USE_RSYNC is true, additional options may be specified for the rsync # commands used to synchronize logs to disk from RAM (XTRA_RSYNC_TO) or from # disk to RAM (XTRA_RSYNC_FROM). These are bash arrays to make s…
-
Hi all, Im having issues at booting on my board. Supported Buster version with kernel 5.10.y on Odroid N2(not plus), downloaded from https://www.armbian.com/odroid-n2/#kernels-archive-all From the UART connection I get the following logs that show kernel panics. odroidlogs2.txt odroidlogs1.txt
-
X windows system on term 7. turns black and then the Monitor goes in Power Saving modus. But the others terms still work ( not 100 percent sure ). Strangely enough that this happens only shortly after switching on. But if I cut the Power or reboot then it will run 24 hours or longer. Haven't tested more than 24 h. I recognize that late that I could switch to other terms i.e. term 1. At first I thought that the N2+ was under powered and tried another PSU but later I saw that only X window system on term 7 has crashed. Music per bluetooth continued playing. What I did was making updates before it happening.
-
Hello, yesterday I have done apt autoremove linux-buster-root-current-odroidn2 on my odroid N2+ and I have done this to my XU4 too ( like i gor said so. During the night my N2+ crashed (no more blue light). These mornig the restart of the N2+ was OK and the bord works well. But the output of armbianmonitor -u (http://ix.io/3nIf) show : "[ 0.000000] [Firmware Bug]: Kernel image misaligned at boot, please fix your bootloader!". Two questions : 1) Is it OK to do, on a N2+, apt autoremove linux-buster-root-current-odroidn2 like I have done ? 2) What I have to do with this message of error "[ 0.000000] [Fi…
-
Hi all, I'm a bit lost to find the root cause so I share all what I noticed Installed - I'm using Armbian_21.02.4_Odroidn2_buster_current_5.10.27.img image on a eMMC 64Gb on an Odroid N2+ board - I installed docker and have two containers activated from portainer/portainer-ce and linuxserver/plex images - I installed exFat-fuse and exFat-utils to be able to mount an external exFat drive connected via USB Issues - Right after booting, the USB drive is mounted but is not seen by Plex. Restarting the plex container make the trick but I have to do it each time - After some time, the mounting point is not anymore accessible and give me the ' Transport en…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I've tried to use the bug reporting tool but unfortunately it did not work (armbianmonitor -u did not work, and it was too big for http://paste.debian.net/), so I've posted here. I'm trying to use a PCTV 292e plugged into the USB2 port of my Odroid N2. I have the correct firmware for this device downloaded into the /lib/firmware/ folder however I have the errors: writing to i2c device at 0xc8 failed (error=-5) I think it is a USB issue as it does work in the USB3 ports, but I am unsure. Logs below. If there is any more info I need to supply please let me know. Thanks. armbianmonitor -U 1 2 ### Act…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 8.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I recently bought Odroid N2+ (4GB) as a replacement for my raspberry pi 4. With legacy kernel 4.9 boars seems to be working fine. But when I flashed latest 5.10 kernel version it boots but without HDMI signal. I've read some topics here and in hardkernel forum and my conclusion is that my monitor resolution (3440x1440@60Hz) might not be supported by the kernel. I use this monitor. After some tinkering I was able to boot with video by passing following string to bootargs: setenv bootargs ${bootargs} "video=HDMI-A-1:2560x1440@60" Unfortunately the image is flickering and almost unusable in most cases. Here is an excerpt from 4.9 kernel bootlog wi…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
1 2 ### Activated 1 lzo-rle zram swap devices with 1816 MB each 3 4 ### Activated Armbian ramlog partition with zstd compression 5 6 ### Activated 1 lzo-rle zram swap devices with 1816 MB each 7 8 ### Activated Armbian ramlog partition with zstd compression 9 10 Sun 28 Mar 2021 04:42:10 PM CEST | Odroid N2 | 21.02.3 | arm64 | aarch64 | 5.10.21-meson64 11 12 ### dmesg: 13 14 [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [0x410fd034] 15 [ 0.000000] Linux version 5.10.21-meson64 (root@hirsute) (aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc (G…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5.9k views
-
-
Checksum not matching for images for odroid n2 for these: Focalstable5.10.ySHA ASC278MApr 4 2021 Focal xfce desktopstable5.10.ySHA ASC802MApr 4 2021 Also after installing images they would crash.
-
Hi i've tried everything now and really out of options and almost out of hair..... Hardware: 32GB or 256GB Samsung EVO Plus Sd-Card 500GB Samsung USB SATA SSD (MU-PA500B) Odroid N2 with the latest petit boot All images with kernel 4.9 will boot straight of the SSD without a problem or much work. But when i try images anything above 4.9 it won't boot , whatever i do: What have i tried with the images with kernel 5.4X 1) Image straight to SSD Black screen nothing happens ( SPI or MMC mode makes no difference) 2) Image on Sd-card, boot into Armbian and use :sudo armbian-config * System --> Install - installs to SATA, eMMC, NAND or USB -->…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 13.3k views
-