Rockchip
Community maintained Rockchip boards
1626 topics in this forum
-
Perhaps someone will be interested in this information. https://www.stationpc.com/thread-84-1-1.html
-
Reputation Points
- 369 replies
- 126k views
- 9 followers
-
-
A stable Armbian Bookworm configuration for your Helios64 is provided here (solved). ************************************************************************* Recently a new Armbian 23.08.1 Bookworm image with linux-6.1.50 was made available for Helios64 on its download page (see here) - which is as such great 😀. Everything starts up nicely, but unlike the previous Bookworm 23.05 image, the current one has an issue with accessing USB devices. In the boot process the following error occurs: # cat /var/log/syslog | grep error 2023-09-07T12:31:05.671598+02:00 helios64 kernel: [ 2.537009] dwc3 fe900000.usb: error -ETIMEDOUT: failed …
-
Reputation Points
- 333 replies
- 140.3k views
- 16 followers
-
-
-
This main thread has been locked. Thanks to the Armbian team, we now have our own Kobol club (kinda sub forum) dedicated to our products (Helios64 & Helios4). So now you are encourage to create individual threads for new issue, discuss feature, share setup, etc... This will help to improve overall readability. Note : Before asking a question please insure the information is not already available on Helios64 Wiki or addressed in a previous post in this forum. Latest Build : Check : https://dl.armbian.com/helios64/ Archived Build : Check : https://archive.armbian.com/helios64/archive/ …
-
Reputation Points
- 299 replies
- 125.5k views
- 23 followers
-
-
IT'S FINALLY HERE... THE OFFICIAL ROCKCHIP-LEGACY MULTIMEDIA INTEGRATION After two years of using a separate script to enable the multimedia features in RK3399 Legacy Kernel, the whole framework has been incorporated to the official Armbian packaging system. The choice distro for this integration is Debian Buster (see FAQ at the end of this post about the reasons). I. Installation Download a Armbian Buster Legacy Desktop image for your board, and install it with the standard Armbian method. Install the complete multimedia solution with sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade sudo apt install media-buster-legacy-rk33…
-
Reputation Points
- 251 replies
- 147.8k views
- 23 followers
-
-
A test version of Armbian images to run from NVMe without having to write the curve of the official u-boot version to SPI (which breaks the launch of other systems from SD cards and other media). The whole system works completely with NVMe . https://disk.yandex.ru/d/V5AxXNN2yJnOfg The installation of the system on NVMe and u-boot in SPI was checked using the standard tools of the armbian-config utility. Everything works correctly. Also in this new u-boot, the ability to start the system in EFI mode is available. To install a system with EFI\grub on NVMe. Install a new bootloader in SPI. Start the system from the SD card and burn …
-
Reputation Points
- 227 replies
- 120.2k views
- 6 followers
-
-
-
Hi guys. I've received the NanoPi M4 V2 today. I tried Armbian images for the M4 on SD and eMMC. None boot. So I tried the RockPi4 images since that's got lpddr4 too. That works. Of course no on-board wifi since another chip. So my guess is the lpddr4 isn't supported by the uboot for the M4. It is a nice board. I've got the metal case with NVMe hat too. Looks all very nice. But a bit impractical if you need to acces eMMC. Cheers
-
Reputation Points
- 195 replies
- 80.1k views
- 10 followers
-
-
Moderator edit (pfeerick): I have modified this post to contextualise this split thread. It was initially intended to be a discussion of a board bring up procedure / proposal format, and has since evolved into discussion of the rock64 generally. Xalius originally said in this post: TODO-List sounds good to me, I will run some tests as soon as China Post/DHL actually deliver my package. I get a 4GB version with the suppressor diodes for USB3 already replaced... This is what tkasier originally wrote in his first post, minus the disclaimer as was only relevant to that thread:
-
Reputation Points
- 192 replies
- 130.3k views
- 19 followers
-
-
First Rockchip RK3399 based board from Orangepi maker - under development, not much news except what can be scrapped from pictures. Chip: http://rockchip.wikidot.com/rk3399
-
Reputation Points
- 185 replies
- 101.9k views
- 5 followers
-
-
This is something hopefully suitable to become a 'Board Bring up' thread. The NanoPC T4 was the smallest RK3399 board around featuring full set of interfaces (Rock960 was smaller but there you can't use GbE without a proprietary expander) but in the meantime he got two smaller siblings: NanoPi M4 and the cute NEO4. Pros: Another RK3399 board so software support is already pretty mature Rich set of interfaces (2 x USB2 without shared bandwidth, 2 x USB3, triple display output and so on) No powering hassles due to 12V (2A) PSU requirement 16GB superfast eMMC 5.1 Usable and performant Wi-Fi (dual band and dual antenna so…
-
Reputation Points
- 184 replies
- 130.5k views
- 9 followers
-
-
So, I tried to adapt @Kwiboo and @jernej patches on my 5.6 branch, but this made the kernel fail to boot for no visible reason. Since I were able to boot it without the VPU patches, I'm convinced that it's their readaptation that broke something. The patches applied are here : https://github.com/Miouyouyou/RockMyy64 If someone wants to play with them and determine which one break the boot process.
-
Reputation Points
- 175 replies
- 113.3k views
- 20 followers
-
-
The first version of Armbian images for Station M3 rk3588s (rk3588s-roc-pc) is available. the launch is very simple - download, unpack, burn to an SD card, connect to the device and turn on the power. The system starts automatically. At the first launch, perform the initial setup in the same way as all Armbian-enabled devices. https://disk.yandex.ru/d/-zSW21XKN0pfIA
-
Reputation Points
- 147 replies
- 73.9k views
- 3 followers
-
-
THE MEDIA SCRIPT IS NOW DEPRECATED, IN FAVOR OF THE OFFICIAL MULTIMEDIA FRAMEWORK. PLEASE REFER TO THIS TOPIC: And, for last, the first version of: The UN-official, UN-supported, UN-expected RK3328 MEDIA TESTING SCRIPT This is the first release of the RK3328 media testing script. The script provides a functionality similar to its RK3288/3399 equivalents, except for the OpenCL related stuff, which is not supported by the SoC. So it includes: Installing all the libraries and system configurations necessary for GPU accelerated X desktop, Chromium WebGL, full VPU video play acceleration up to 4k@60 10-bit HEVC (the maximum su…
-
Reputation Points
- 125 replies
- 124.6k views
- 8 followers
-
-
Just a reminder, if someone wants to fix it.
-
Reputation Points
- 125 replies
- 37.6k views
- 6 followers
-
-
Upgrading Helios64 from Armbian Buster to Bullseye (see below) works as expected on my system. However, I am using systemd-networkd and just a few services (nextcloud, netatalk, etc. and not ZFS) EDIT: Upgrading Buster installations to Bullseye also works fine if you use network-manager, even if you have a bridge configured (using bridge-slave; binutils-bridge). # cat /etc/os-release PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)" NAME="Debian GNU/Linux" VERSION_ID="11" VERSION="11 (bullseye)" VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye ID=debian HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/" SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support" BUG_REPORT_URL="https…
-
Reputation Points
- 124 replies
- 76.4k views
- 12 followers
-
-
This thread summarizes the efforts done to get armbian support for the new RockPi 4b. Boardspecs (from: https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/getting_started): Rockchip RK3399 64bit dual channel LPDDR4@3200Mb/s, 1GB/2GB/4GB optioal storage: eMMC module (optional) uSD card M.2 SSD (M.2 connector supports up to 2T M2 NVME SSD) display: HDMI 2.0 up to 4k@60 MIPI DSI 2 lanes via FPC connector other features: 3.5mm jack with mic MIPI CSI 2 lanes via FPC connector, support up to 800 MP camera. 802.11 ac wifi Bluetooth 5.0 USB 3.0 OTG X1, hardware switch for host/device sw…
-
Reputation Points
- 123 replies
- 61.8k views
- 6 followers
-
-
Good news. Full-fledged working images (20210827) of ArmbianTV for P2 and M2 are ready. All the equipment works in them and you can start and configure the system via an HDMI monitor and a keyboard/mouse. M2 https://disk.yandex.ru/d/OBDO8BU2y1M6ug https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/rk3566/ P2 https://disk.yandex.ru/d/neKXsYolKXgLzg https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/rk3568/
-
Reputation Points
- 107 replies
- 52.6k views
- 7 followers
-
-
Hi all, a new RK3399 board appeared, it is called RockPi4 I have two of these beasts here already, and they works nicely - I like the small details about it (nice eMMC fixture, all heat plates on the bottom side for simple cooling, and an M.2 PICe slot for my second network card Do you see any chance to get Armbian working on that beast, and if so, what can *I* do (with my limited experience in kernel programming)? Debian is working on it already, in case you need more specific information please let me know. Any help is appreciated. So far, Michael
-
Reputation Points
- 105 replies
- 68.8k views
- 5 followers
-
-
With Armbian v20.11 one can write mainline u-boot image to board's SPI and enjoy booting nvme drives without any mmc devices. Prerequisities: ROCK Pi 4(A/B/C) v1.4 or 1.3 with SPI soldered in (v1.3 comes without SPI flash from the factory). If you already have Radxa's u-boot written to SPI you need to short pins 23 and 25 for Armbian to boot Boot fresh image of Armbian v20.11.x for ROCK Pi 4(A/B/C) Add the following lines to /boot/armbianEnv.txt overlays=spi-jedec-nor param_spinor_spi_bus=1 Reboot If you shorted 23-25 pins in 1.) then: disconnect them after the ROCK Pi 4 fully boot's …
-
Reputation Points
- 95 replies
- 101.7k views
- 7 followers
-
-
Hello All, I recently bought Orange Pi RK3399 and had some problems with it. At this moment I've solved most of them, but still no luck with such an old OS like Ubuntu Server 16.04 or Debian 9 which were provided by the manufacturer (images to flash). What I am thinking now is to move this board to Armbian. Will it work? How should I in this case organize the partitions on eMMC and where to load kernel and rootfs? I don't see this board in supported ones.
-
Reputation Points
- 93 replies
- 53.3k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Recently I've been trying to build Armbian for Firefly RK3399, since I've purchased this board last year, and it has been lacking proper software support for a long time. Here is my fork https://github.com/hjc4869/build/tree/development Basically, It is a copy & paste of what's already done to support Odroid N1, by replacing the Hardkernel's kernel to what Firefly provides (an older 4.4.77 kernel), and replacing the Hardkernel u-boot with rockchip u-boot. I created a new 'firefly' board family for convenience. Also tried to build the image with some other kernel variants (Rockchip 4.4 bsp and mainline 4.17-rc6) without success, still investigati…
-
Reputation Points
- 91 replies
- 44k views
- 9 followers
-
-
As stated in my comments here (but it seems no one is reading this blog post comments anymore ...) : https://blog.kobol.io/2020/10/27/helios64-software-issue/ - With 5.8.17 i have kernel panics. - With 5.8.14 i have freeze. So what to do in order to have a stable situation ?! It seems to be "under load" (one freeze during RAID array being built, and several ones (with .14 or .17 kernels) while files were being copied through the 1Gb/s network interface). - System newly installed and running on fresh SSD card. - 5*3.5" WD HDD plugged in / RAID5 mdadm array (so no M.2, ...) - nothin…
-
Reputation Points
- 82 replies
- 34.9k views
- 12 followers
-
-
My NanoPi M4V2 is currently being used completely headless just to run a few Docker containers (AdGuard Home, Home Assistant, Zigbee2Mqtt, etc.) and I've been noticing more and more crashes happening... sometimes they occur while I have an open SSH terminal, and I get a glimpse of a "kernel panic" type error... Here's the output from armbianconfig: http://ix.io/2vFX Any ideas on what this is or how to fix it? Thanks in advance!
-
Reputation Points
- 81 replies
- 33.7k views
- 9 followers
-
-
This is a continuation of ata1.00: failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED noted by @djurny. I've experienced the same issue, and have some additional data points to provide. My observations so far: I'm using WDC WD60EFRX (68MYMN1 and 68L0BN1) drives The drives were working without issue previously behind a ASMedia ASM1062 SATA Controller, I've also used some of them behind ASM1542 (external eSATA enclosure) I can reproduce the issue on a clean install of Armbian 20.08.21 Buster and Focal I can reproduce via simple `dd` to `/dev/null` from the drive so filesystem does not seem to be the underlying cause Every drive is affected (i.e. e…
-
Reputation Points
- 77 replies
- 69.2k views
- 12 followers
-
-
Just wondering when an image will be available for the R5S - I have one here sitting waiting for it 🙂
-
Reputation Points
- 72 replies
- 51.6k views
- 7 followers
-
-
In case someone is interested in a almost new Helios 64 "full bundle" with a lot of spare parts that did only run for about 3 months: https://www.ebay.de/itm/363567434154 Thanks, Paul
-
Reputation Points
- 68 replies
- 28.9k views
- 9 followers
-
-
Not the final version. Update(8/24/2018): It's time to deal with NEO4, this picture is not the final version. NEO4 will have PCIe x2 and eMMC connector too, and a MIPI-CSI. But the dual-layer USB connector will share USB 3.0 & USB 2.0, Type-C take another USB 3.0.
-
Reputation Points
- 60 replies
- 54.3k views
- 6 followers
-
-
Like many others, I get constant reboots with my Helios. I'm not sure it's worth me posting logs as a number of people already seem to be doing that. My question is, does anyone have a stable system? If so what OS and kernel are you using? I don't care about latest and greatest features, I just want it to stop hard rebooting.
-
Reputation Points
- 60 replies
- 25.1k views
- 7 followers
-
-
Download: https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-r6s/ (unofficial WIP support)
-
Reputation Points
- 59 replies
- 25.3k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Received my SBC today, installed armbian and run quick tests Runs very hot (in stock yellow case). Throttles under load and can not run at full 1500Mhz Below results on armbian measured with armbianmonitor -m power measured from the wall 71C / 2.5W / 600Mhz idle 85C / 3.7W / 1000Mhz under load (stress -c 4) I also tested without case and results are better but still it throttles under full load. Ambient temperature was about 25C Is this just me and my unit has faulty heatsink or you also observe similar results? Any ideas on how to fix this? I see there is a fan header on the board but no fan installed, just the heatsink, but…
-
Reputation Points
- 59 replies
- 41.9k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hello, These boards (Radxa Rock 2F and Rock 2A) have standard support so there should probably be a forum section for them. In its absence, I created this topic in the section for the most "similar" board. Currently, we only have the `vendor` kernel available for both. It seems that both of them have been mainlined in 6.18, as seen here for example: https://www.cnx-software.com/2025/12/01/linux-6-18-release-main-changes-arm-risc-v-and-mips-architectures/ The config file for the board currently looks like this: # Rockchip RK3528 quad core 1-4GB SoC WIFI/BT 0-32GB eMMC BOARD_NAME="ROCK 2F" BOARDFAMILY="rk35xx" BOOTCONFIG="rock-…
-
Reputation Points
- 58 replies
- 15.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello! Just wondered if an armbian image was planned for the Odroid M1S? Thank you in advance!
-
Reputation Points
- 57 replies
- 20.7k views
- 6 followers
-
-
https://www.armbian.com/rock-5b/
-
Reputation Points
- 54 replies
- 39.7k views
- 7 followers
-
-
Hey, I think a dedicated topic for ZFS on Helios 64 is needed. Many people want to have it As we know, and many of us playing with dev builds for helios ,it is no easy to work with ZFS I wrote few scripts maybe someone of You it can help in someway. Thanks @jbergler and @ShadowDance , I used your idea for complete it. The problem is with playing with OMV and ZFS plugin. then dependencies remove our latest version of ZFS. I tested. everything survived but ZFS is downgraded to latest version from repo for example: root@helios64:~# zfs --version zfs-0.8.4-2~bpo10+1 zfs-kmod-2.0.0-rc6 root@helios64:~# uname -…
-
Reputation Points
- 54 replies
- 24.5k views
- 11 followers
-
-
I'm starting to add RK3399 to Armbian, in my spare time. Here's the board I got, RK3399 official EVB, which spent me 500CNY (~63EURO) on Taobao, quite cheap comparing to Firefly. https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.1f30a53flpk7IA&id=554454257549&_u=31t0eea9a1c Spec: - Rockchip RK3399 (2xA72 + 4xA53, Mali T860 MP4) - 4GBytes Dual channel LPDDR3 (64-bit in total) - 8GBytes eMMC, Micro SD Slot - USB 3.0 Type-A, USB Type-C (DP over Type-C), USB2.0, HDMI - 1G Ethernet - Raspberry Pi compatible 2x20 pin header - Other interfaces: PCIe 2.0 x4, MIPI CSI & DSI, eDP, LVDS.... …
-
Reputation Points
- 51 replies
- 47.9k views
- 7 followers
-
-
After upgrade to Armbian 20.11.3 Buster with Linux 5.9.14-rockchip64 eth1 has vanished. ❯ sudo ip link show 1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000 link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00 2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000 link/ether 64:62:66:d0:06:18 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff Any ideas? http://ix.io/2I2U
-
Reputation Points
- 49 replies
- 24.6k views
- 12 followers
-
-
I have tried the following: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CONVERT dtb to dts ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dtc -I dtb -O dts /boot/dtb-4.4.192-rockchip64/rockchip/rk3399-rockpi4b.dtb -o /boot/dtb-4.4.192-rockchip64/rockchip/rk3399-rockpi4b.dts ------------------------------------------------------------------------ EDIT dts ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nano /boot/dtb-4.4.192-rockchip64/rockchip/rk3399-rockpi4b.dts ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- uart4 e…
-
Hi, I have a problem with my NanoPi M4V2 (with Raspberry Pi 4 power supply) and the new Armbian release 19.11.3 (Buster). I can boot the image from SD, eMMC. But when I connect any USB storage (USB-Stick or SSD with USB to SATA) then I have packet lost on the Ethernet connection. Any idea where the problem is? On the interface I can't see problems. eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 inet 192.168.xx.36 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.42.255 inet6 fd58:xxxx:xxxx:1::1006 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x0<global> inet6 fe80::94ad:f6ff:fe0d:757b prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20<link&…
-
[Disclaimer on] This is the try to play through some sort of an approval process contuining discussion from here and there -- maybe move @hmartin's last post to the latter thread? IMO we need a transparent process to decide whether to support new devices or not weighing pros/cons for both developers and users and estimate efforts especially if it's a new platform. Even if hardware vendors send out free dev samples we should not automatically start with new boards but discuss and evaluate first since we already deal with way too much boards with a crew just too small. I would believe @Igorhas now every new Olimex device and TL Lim said he sent out 3 ROCK64 boards to v…
-
Reputation Points
- 48 replies
- 24.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Are there any plans to make a version with the new Rockchip 6.1 kernel available for Orange Pi 5/5+? Joshua Riek seems to have had some success, he even got the Panfork drivers running. I run a headless server though so even without graphics it would be interesting but I use Debian.
-
Reputation Points
- 47 replies
- 41.7k views
- 9 followers
-
-
http://www.bitkistl.com/2016/08/miqi-sbc-v10-hands-on.html https://forum.mqmaker.com/t/miqi-use-hw-pack-to-port-other-linux-distros/497 Would it be useful to have armbian on this device ? Best Regards, Peter http://www.bitkistl.com
-
Reputation Points
- 47 replies
- 22k views
- 3 followers
-
-
FriendlyELEC sells an 11.6inch eDP FHD LCD Display with Capacitive Touch for the nanoPC-T4. I'm trying my hardest to get it working with Armbian. Unfortunately, Armbian doesn't seem to detect the display: root@nanopct4:~# xrandr --listmonitors Monitors: 0 It works in the stock lubuntu image they provide so I'm trying to gather as much configuration information as I can from lubuntu to see what I need to do to get it working. I want to try a few different experiments.. I have a kernel.img file from lubuntu that I'd like to try booting with Armbian but I don't understand uboot very well and simply copying the kernel.img file to /boot under the same name as the e…
-
Reputation Points
- 45 replies
- 22k views
- 4 followers
-
-
i found a running task on friendlyelec desktop called "pwm fan" But i found no more informations how to connect a pwm fan to the Nanopi M4 Which pins are needed to connect ? Can i use a normal 5V Fan or is a special Fan needed ? Anyone aware of this ?
-
Reputation Points
- 44 replies
- 28.2k views
- 7 followers
-
-
-
Hi everyone ! I'm really happy with my Helios64, running fine with no major issues. BUT This product can obviously be improved with future revisions, while keeping the same base. The Kobol guys told me to open a thread here to discuss what would be great improvement or new features. I'm starting with things off my mind, but please ask me to add things to this list. An explanation would be great in the comments.
-
Reputation Points
- 42 replies
- 15.8k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi everyone! I recently bought an Orange Pi 5 Pro and decided to install kernel 6.10 on it, as I wanted to take advantage of the new drivers available in this kernel. I found that the [Orange Pi 5 Pro page on the Armbian website](https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-5-pro/) offers distributions with kernel 6.1, but not 6.10. After trying to install kernel 6.10 via `armbian-config` on an already installed system, I encountered an issue: the system stopped booting. ### Questions and Requests for Help 1. **Support for Kernel 6.10 on Orange Pi 5 Pro**: - Am I correct in understanding that kernel 6.10 is currently not supported for my board? - Does a…
-
Reputation Points
- 42 replies
- 24.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello everyone. I can't flash Armbian to EMMC on the OrangePi 5B board. I made an SD card, booted, ran armbian-install, selected Boot from EMMC/System on EMMC, the recording process was successful, but after that the board stops booting at all. When I boot from the SD card again, I see that EMMC is not a device in the system. There is no main mmcblk0, no mmcblk0boot0, no mmcblk0boot1. I was able to get EMMC back only after re-flashing the standard Android firmware using RKDevTool via maskrom. When I flash Android to EMMC and then boot from the SD card with Armbian, /dev/mmcblk0, /dev/mmcblk0boot0 and /dev/mmcblk0boot1 are back in place. Accordingly…
-
Reputation Points
- 41 replies
- 26k views
- 4 followers
-
-
I'm running armbian 10.5 (kernel 5.8.6-rockchip64) on my new NanoPi R2S. I configured it as a router: lan0 (USB ethernet) is the LAN interface, eth0 (real ethernet) is the wan interface, ip forwarding enabled. On the LAN subnet I put a iperf3 client, on the WAN subnet I put a iperf3 server. Launching iperf -c _server_ip_ on the client is ok, I can reach 830Mbps, but launching iperf with -R (reverse) makes the lan0 interface to reset/disconnect. I can find the following logs in the kernel: Sep 8 20:53:32 gw kernel: [ 611.981696] ------------[ cut here ]------------ Sep 8 20:53:32 gw kernel: [ 611.981726] NETDEV WATCHDOG: lan0 (…
-
Reputation Points
- 40 replies
- 24k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hello everybody, bought a Rock64 4 GB recently and I´m not able to boot it with any provided armbian Debian/Ubuntu image. With the Ubuntu Image ethernet doesnt seem to be initialized and with Debian there is activity on the eth port, but no connection, neither of the images show any output on the screen. Also i tried various SD-Cards and different image burning programs. Openmediavault works flawlessly, so I can exclude Hardware issues.
-
Reputation Points
- 40 replies
- 15.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Rockchip has released bsp kernel 5.10 for rk356x and rk3588. Since multimedia support is not fully supported by mainline kernel, a legacy kernel would be good if you want h264/hevc hardware decode. To make kodi support hardware decoding, you need: 1, ffmpeg supporting rkmpp. I've packaged it in my ppa: https://launchpad.net/~liujianfeng1994/+archive/ubuntu/rockchip-multimedia, which is based on the patch from https://github.com/JeffyCN/FFmpeg/. 2, kodi built with gles render system, which is also in my ppa 3, a gpu driver supporting gles. For rk356x you can use mainline panfrost driver. For rk3588 you can use panfork-mesa from my ppa: https://launchpad…
-
Reputation Points
- 40 replies
- 36.9k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Oh,I fixed this problem spend 2 weeks,I finally heard sound from 3.5 mm jack (this jack is OMTP otherwise need keep press headphone button) I see this topic,and I compair https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/sound/soc/codecs/rt5640.c and https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/sound/soc/codecs/rt5651.c,this rt5651 not enable mclk and orangepi4"s rt5651 linked i2s1,the i2s1's SCLK_I2S_8CH parent not SCLK_I2S1_8CH defult and need set alsamixer in following(also use alsactl save this alsamixer state): amixer set 'HPO L' on amixer set 'HPO R' on amixer set 'HPOVOL L' on amixer set 'HPOVOL R' on…
-
Reputation Points
- 39 replies
- 29.1k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hi All, since i had many problem with my old OPI R1 (without PLUS) I just ordered the newer Model with 1 Gig Ram, RK3328 CPU and two Gigabit Ports. There Is a debian Image available on their Google Drive Share right now, I'll certainly try that out, but Is there a generic Armbian Image as well, I can take? Should be pretty straigt forward Device, I tink.... HDMI Out is not available, only USB Gigabit Ethernet and Rockchip Gigabit Ethernet. Would be great if Hardware encryption for IPSec is also availaibe. Any thoughts? Cheers Ford Prefect
-
Reputation Points
- 38 replies
- 20.1k views
- 5 followers
-
-
I updated my Helios64 last night and now it keeps rebooting. Every now and then it runs for a few minutes so I can log in via ssh and then it reboots all at once. Installed on the system is only OMV 6.9.1-1 (Shaitan) and Docker with the image of Emby. the system runs on an installed M.2 SSD on slot 1. 4TB WD Reds are installed in slots 2, 3 and 5. Welcome to Armbian 23.8.1 Bullseye with Linux 6.1.50-current-rockchip64 No end-user support: community creations System load: 9% Up time: 4 min Memory usage: 17% of 3.77G IP: 172.18.0.1 172.17.0.1 192.168.180.5 CPU temp: 42°C Usage of /: 7% o…
-
Reputation Points
- 37 replies
- 15.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, my nas is too noisy, do you know if it's possibile to change the fans with others that is silent? Regards.
-
Reputation Points
- 36 replies
- 15.1k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Since I am interested in the connection ability, I figured the info we gather should go into ONE thread. I have tried to build new kernels, but can only see USB controllers and devices two ports. I have seen a lot of work by Sebasitian Reichel @ Collabora, and his patches, but these do not seem to have the desired result on my test board. Orange PI 5. There seems to be an issue with the port mux, FUSB302, that either connects the last USB to the "vertical" port or to the "USB C" connector. I will comment my findings and attempts to correct this in this thread, and think we could find out where we are if you add your findings, successes…
-
Hi, I'm currently woking on transmitting image data by UART connection with the NanoPi M4, but I couldn't send data from '/dev/ttyS4', which is offered as for UART connection. I used pyserial in python to use UART but no change has been detected the pin #19 by the oscilloscope. Do I have to enable the UART somehow? If I can use UART with NanoPi M4, I would say this machine is so fantastic.
-
Those are developers preview builds, where you can check what works and at some point it will be good enough for some uses cases. In a couple of years, it will be functional on the level of kernel 5.10.y. Download is possible from CI pipeline: https://github.com/armbian/build/releases Boot log: Spoiler [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [0x412fd050] [ 0.000000] Linux version 6.1.0-rc1-rockchip64 (root@desktop) (aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 8.3-2019.03 (arm-rel-8.36)) 8.3.0, GNU ld (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 8.3-2019.03 (arm-rel-8.36)) 2.…
-
Reputation Points
- 35 replies
- 32.6k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hi, Just bought the SATA HAT and before I get started, I see in the OS Support that Lubuntu and Friendly Core is supported. Does this Exclude Armbian ? I'm not overwhelmed with FriendlyCore . Thank sin advance
-
Reputation Points
- 34 replies
- 22k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Because i need a more recent kernel than 5.10 on my odroid m2, i tried armbian. i searched for the nearest model and i manage to find Radxa Rock 5C (rocky 3588s2) i flash emmc with Bleeding edge images with Armbian Linux v6.11/ Debian 12 (Bookworm)Minimal / IOT for the rock 5c in /boot/armbianEnv.txt i changed just one line after installation : fdtfile=rockchip/rk3588s-odroid-m2.dtb and after a final apt upgrade i can run version 6.12.1-edge-rockchip-rk3588 of the kernel. for now it seems fine to me.
-
Reputation Points
- 34 replies
- 31k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Here will be published all the tweaks for the Youyeetoo YY3568 board to enter the mainline with armbian. Official Images Unofficial images Kernel Vendor 6.1: https://github.com/armbian/linux-rockchip/commit/27a98750790114235c72e8420d45f44eff210461 Overlays: https://github.com/armbian/linux-rockchip/commit/18f066190842fc6bd509662a2d19588eb9f04612 Kernel Vendor 5.1: https://github.com/armbian/linux-rockchip/commit/b5964f997e2267802db0a965e66ec299b8a1f437
-
Hello all, I have this board running in a k3s kubernetes cluster, and almost everyday, different time, the board reboots. Please, could you help me to figure out which is the problem? The armbianmonitor output is bellow: http://ix.it/2OOZ Many Thanks,
-
The most current download images for Helios64 are now all provided with linux 6.18.xx. I downloaded a minimal image and checked the dtb: it would not appear to contain the opp-microvolt patch that made Helios64 finally stable. So for the ones who have stability issues again on Helios64, I attached the patched dtb compiled for linux 6.18.xx using the exact same opp-microvolt values as in the previous dtb versions I compiled for linux 6.6 and 6.12. The current linux deb files can be downloaded from beta.armbian.com, the linux 6.18.18 deb files I used can be downloaded from here (to be installed with 'dpkg -i linux*'). In order to install …
-
Reputation Points
- 33 replies
- 9.7k views
- 5 followers
-
-
If so how'd ya do it!?!? My personal experience had been a rock solid device on the original official Debian Armbian image (Linux Kernel: 5.10), and OMV5. It never went down unless I manually rebooted, and I never needed any CPU governor changes, voltage changes or otherwise to keep it stable. Reading so much stuff about OMV5 being end of life made me pull the trigger on upgrade to OMV6 along with the kernel upgrade that OMV did automatically, at the time unaware of the state of Kobol and Armbian support. Now I get about 1-2 days on average before it KPs and I have to hit the reset button. Tried the CPU underclocking, performa…
-
Reputation Points
- 33 replies
- 15.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am so frustrated with my rock64 (SoC RK3328), there is no support. Pine 64 takes the money and dumps all the issues on a community. The product is a lemon. Can’t watch YouTube, there is no audio I am very disappointed in Pine64, I will try and return this device.
-
Reputation Points
- 33 replies
- 19k views
- 2 followers
-
-
The newest revision does not boot from current SD images. I'm working to debug why. If anyone else has a board and can test it out, let me know. The eMMC will boot, no problem, so it's just the SD itself. Model: Pine64 Rock64 DRAM: 1022 MiB MMC: rksdmmc@ff520000: 0, rksdmmc@ff500000: 1 SF: Detected w25q128bv with page size 256 Bytes, erase size 4 KiB, total 16 MiB *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment In: serial@ff130000 Out: serial@ff130000 Err: serial@ff130000 Model: Pine64 Rock64 misc_init_r cpuid=55524b50303930343200000000051f1a serial=f55c6806c317581 Net: eth0: ethernet@ff540000 Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0 Card did not respo…
-
Reputation Points
- 32 replies
- 18.1k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hello, Devices: RockPi 4b v1.5 + remotable eMMC + NVMe KingSpec M.2 NMVe SSD NE 2280 512 GB I am using instructions to erase SPI https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/dev/spi-install $ sudo rkdeveloptool ld DevNo=1 Vid=0x2207,Pid=0x330c,LocationID=103 Maskrom $ sudo rkdeveloptool db ./rk3399_loader_spinor_v1.20.126.bin Downloading bootloader succeeded. $ dd if=/dev/zero of=./zero.img bs=1M count=4 4+0 records in 4+0 records out 4194304 bytes (4.2 MB, 4.0 MiB) copied, 0.0160027 s, 262 MB/s $ sudo rkdeveloptool wl 0 ./zero.img Write LBA from file (100%) $ sudo rkdeveloptool td Test Device OK. $ sudo rkdeveloptool rd Reset Dev…
-
Reputation Points
- 31 replies
- 27k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, i'm trying to compile an u-boot for my Rock-PI 4B. I wanted to apply a userpatch, that disables the uart debug console in u-boot. I seem to have an issue when using the Rock-PI together with a weather-sensor via RS485-Hat. Here is my patch: diff --git a/configs/rock-pi-4-rk3399_defconfig b/configs/rock-pi-4-rk3399_defconfig index be07b16bae..63d04ced6e 100644 --- a/configs/rock-pi-4-rk3399_defconfig +++ b/configs/rock-pi-4-rk3399_defconfig @@ -13,7 +13,7 @@ CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_CLOCK=24000000 CONFIG_SPL_SPI_FLASH_SUPPORT=y CONFIG_SPL_SPI=y -CONFIG_DEBUG_UART=y +CONFIG_DEBUG_UART=n CONFIG_SYS_LOAD_ADDR=0x800800 # CONFIG_ANDROID_BOOT_…
-
Reputation Points
- 31 replies
- 16.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
There are several questions on the topic: Between the moment of transfer of control to the kernel from the u-boot and the moment of start of the kernel operation it takes 1.5 -2 minutes. I assume that during this period of time there is decompression of the code and placement in memory. But why so long? The 4.4.x kernel starts instantly. When I first turned on a nanopc-t4 with a 5.x.x (4.20) kernel, I already thought the kernel was corrupted. And quite accidentally waited for the green LED to blink. Why is there still no sound in fdt for nanopc-t4? I corrected fdt, but I can 't put it in kernel.org. It is possible that my patch goes against the established str…
-
Reputation Points
- 31 replies
- 24.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Trying to get sound working on my t4. Looks like pulseaudio detects the realtek rt5651-codec but I can't get any sound out of it. The software mixer seems to be showing audio, I just can't hear anything nanopct4 4.4.161-rk3399 SMP aplay-l shoulws realtekrt5651co as device0. Any help debugging this would be great. Regards, Cam
-
Reputation Points
- 29 replies
- 15.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I would like to reset USB power for some reasons. Now I'm using NanoPi M4 and "uname -a" returns the following I was wondering if I could power off/on of my USB device with commands, and found people are doing it with different PCs like topic below Is this possible with NanoPi M4? and if possible, how?
-
Reputation Points
- 29 replies
- 12.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
One of my boards gave up today - I was just connecting the SATA power cable to the hat and no leds came on - no sound or smoke just nothing - I tried several times to re power it and all I saw on a couple of occasions was a very faint flicker of the leds -so I guess it's dead.
-
Reputation Points
- 29 replies
- 10.8k views
-
-
Feels like this should be on here so everyone knows https://blog.kobol.io/2021/08/25/we-are-pulling-the-plug/
-
Reputation Points
- 29 replies
- 11.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi. Every few days I've been noticing that my monitor just goes blank. The machine keeps running but nothing I do will restore the display. Even if I try to visit another virtual terminal, nothing, still blank. I can ssh to the machine but no command will allow me to restore the display. The only way I get the display back is to reboot the machine. This can't be normal. I'd love it for someone to help get to the heart of this problem. Thank you.
-
Reputation Points
- 29 replies
- 7.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I ran sudo apt update / suodo apt upgrade on my Rock 3C this morning. I did notice that the kernel was upgraded but rebooted. It transpires that the kernel was upgraded to a completely new version (6.12.9) from 6.6.63 (or 62 I believe).
-
Reputation Points
- 28 replies
- 19.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey everyone, i bought a Rock 3A to get an alternative to Raspberri pi. The armbian was the system which is closest to the raspberrian and i'm glad that it works so well. But Videos 720p, 1080p mp4 play horrible bad. When i use the included videoplayer or install vlc and start a video it is laggy and slow and not useable. Is there any additional driver i have to install? Do i have to choose a different encoder? Or is the Rock 3A not capeable of playing Videos? Thank you and best regards.
-
Reputation Points
- 28 replies
- 18.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello i made a mistake when i was selecting an other kernel via armbian-config. I was powering off the board after the kernel change (which normally worked fine when i switched between dev and current) and this time something wrong happened i dont know what exactly but the VMLinuz and uinitram is missing in boot. How can i chroot my Armbian system so re-run armbian-config and install the kernel properly? I tried several other things,,.. copying the boot folder from a working install of armbian but i dont really know which kernel he wants. The easiest thing might be chrooting... but i dont know how to chroot my emmc. I plugged it into the emmc adap…
-
Reputation Points
- 27 replies
- 10k views
-
-
Hello, I search the Documentation about LED and Its blinking status. My Board does not anymore boot, Green LED is on (not blinking) red LED is blinking regulary CPU gets very hot and no Screen output. I use the latest armbian image using the following link https://dl.armbian.com/rockpi-4b/Ubuntu_bionic_default_desktop.7z Does anyone have a hint for me Many Thanks Roman
-
Reputation Points
- 27 replies
- 13.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Thank you for sharing the link. Inspired me to write an overlay for my NanoPC-T4. Now I can attach an additional monitor via my Delock 63959 USB-C to VGA / HDMI / DVI / DisplayPort Adapter with 5.10.0.
-
Reputation Points
- 26 replies
- 12.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Has anybody got DAS mode working using USB-C ? Using: Armbian 20.08.21 Buster with Linux 5.8.17-rockchip64 I was not certain, I thought I read it was supported. I was hoping to use Windows 10 via USB 3.1 --> Helios64 USB-C to copy large video library. Note; using UART via COM3 is working as expected. Note; in windows I do remember seeing some USB error loading some USB driver; would it be related to some missing driver?int Any successful implementation of USB DAS interface; I would be happy to hear from you.
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 12.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Just applied the latest update to my Helios64, here is what apt reported: The following packages will be upgraded: armbian-config armbian-firmware base-files device-tree-compiler file iproute2 libcairo2 libgnutls30 libgnutls30:armhf libmagic-mgc libmagic1 libnss-myhostname libpam-systemd libsystemd0 libudev1 linux-buster-root-current-helios64 linux-dtb-current-rockchip64 linux-image-current-rockchip64 linux-u-boot-helios64-current systemd systemd-sysv udev unzip This went just fine until it tried to setup systemd, the Helios then lost all network connection: Spoiler Fetched 57.9 MB in 1min 51s (523 kB/s) Preconfiguring packa…
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 9.9k views
- 6 followers
-
-
As the other thread is getting a bit cluttered I thought I'd start a new one. Thanks to the good work of @pask and others we now have a working image for the M4 v2. However, despite following instructions to the letter. I can't get the board to boot from the eMMC card, in fact I don't think the board even recognizes the card ( I've tried different ones ) Also not being able to connect via a serial cable is hampering my attempts at debugging the boot process. Cany anyone put up a Muppets guide on the steps required to achieve this ?
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 9.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Board: Nanopi M4 with 4GB OS: Armbian_5.65_Nanopim4_Debian_stretch_default_4.4.162 Boot from SD, rootfs on an external HDD 8TB (WD MyBook). I attached another external HDD (Toshiba 2TB). I have been trying rsync -avh from the Toshiba one to the main MyBook one. It ran for under a minute before reporting files were vanished and exited with errors. It appeared the / is gone. nothing return from ls. Hard-reboot, fsck ran, everything's back to normal. I've been trying rsync with nice -n 20 as well as --bwlimit 10, 1MB. Nothing helped. stress test the board for 10 minutes, (stress -c 4 -m 4 -d 4 -i 4). All looks good. Any help's…
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 9.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Dear Forum, I am using a Helios64 with armbian Debian 10 (Buster) Linux-Kernel 5.15.52 and OMV 5.6.26-1. If I want to have further Updates from OMV I need to upgrade to Debian 11, because OMV6 isn't compatible to Buster. Any recomendations how I should upgrade? The H64-System is on a SDD. Should I try a cli system upgrade or installing everything new with a bullseye image, if this is available (Where?)? Best wishes, Greg
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 11.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi guys, in my job they bought a orangepi r1+LTS. i trying install armbian any version (last Debian and Ubuntu) but this don’t work. When boot system nothing happens… the led red still off and port Ethernet freezing(two lights on). Already installed Debian and Ubuntu of the official page orangepi, and system working without problems im using good sd card and official charger of the raspberrypi 4 How to solve this problem? In internet I don’t found much information thank u for read me
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 13.1k views
-
-
I am testing a Nano-Pi M4 with 4GB of RAM, with the heat sink and fans installed ARMBIAN 5.65 stable Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS 4.4.162-rk3399, docker CE and BOINC / seti@home, installed. I am using 7 Raspberry-Pi 3B+ boards as nodes. I would like to implement and test boinc-client-docker, (https://github.com/BOINC/boinc-client-docker). I am new at this and running into overheating issues, (temps over 70C as reported by htop), when all 6 cores are maxed out at 100%. I can keep the board slightly below 70C if I add multiple fans pointed at the heat sink, however I would like a better solution. I was wondering if setting the max frequency of the co…
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 15.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, since latest upgrade to new kernel 22.02 stable the system becomes unstable. There are issues writing to mmc2 and "EXT4-fs (mmcblk2p1): Remounting filesystem read-only". This does not allow most of the apps to work properly (e.g. openmediavault stops working) I tried to switch back to previous kernel version through armbian-config but that does not work too Pls help. Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 24 replies
- 11.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
A few Armbian packages were updated (armbian-bsp-cli-helios64, armbian-config, armbian-firmware &armbian-zsh) to version 21.05.08. At some point I noticed that the fancontrol service had failed to start up after the reboot - it was complaining about a file missing(/dev/thermal-cpu). If you run into this after the update, just update your /etc/fancontrol to the content below and your fancontrol should go back to normal. # Helios64 PWM Fan Control Configuration # Temp source : /dev/thermal-cpu # After 21.05.08 [2021.08.10] # Temp source : /dev/thermal-board INTERVAL=10 # FCTEMPS=/dev/fan-p6/pwm1=/dev/thermal-cpu/temp1_input /dev/fan-p7/pwm1=/dev/th…
-
Reputation Points
- 24 replies
- 9.4k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, I am running " Linux server 5.1.0-rockchip64 #5.89 SMP Fri Jun 21 13:42:34 CEST 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux " and trying to switch off the green light somewhere at " /sys/class/leds/power ", but was unable to find the proper setting to switch it off. Anyone can give me a hand please? cheers
-
I am amazed My NanoPi M4 2gb plays Assaultcube and Torcs so well for a $85 computer it is a great achievement. But I have some questions. If I have more than 2 Bots/ enemies in Assaultcube 1024 X 768 graphics setting good, it seems to slow down game play, Is this because the bots are limited to a single CPU thread? and would therefore work better on larger Intel single or dual chips? Is any one else playing Assaultcube what settings are you finding optimize the RK3399? Seasalt.
-
Reputation Points
- 23 replies
- 11.4k views
- 4 followers
-
-
During installing Helios64 with the latest image I experienced several times that the system did not come up. Now that it is fully installed with OMV enabled, I sometimes do a reboot, and the system does not come up. Unfortunately I cannot see anything on the console level (on MacOS). After pressing the reboot button (around one or two times) the system comes up as nothing happened ever. What can I do to have the system reboot in a stable manner? Since it will sit in the basement soon, I don't want to run down every time I see that it does not reboot properly.
-
Reputation Points
- 23 replies
- 17.9k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I'm trying to get wifi working on my Rock64 running the nightly server image. Is this possible?
-
Reputation Points
- 23 replies
- 20.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
WIthout SD card, it boots normally, but if SD card is inserted, it won’t boot. On serial port, it is visible that there’s a crash right after the message that says something like “booting from eMMC”. The message includes the values of the registers IIRC. Then, something like “resetting CPU”, and it starts over: tries to boot from eMMC, crashes, etc. Sorry, I didn’t record the exact message, but there’s a chance I’ll re-flash the board in the next couple weeks and then I can provide the exact messages. I’ve tested it with Bionic minimal with 5.4 kernel and buster server with 5.4 kernel. If I insert the SD card later, it’s fine. Also, the official ubuntu bionic …
-
Reputation Points
- 23 replies
- 18.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello guys Been using Armbian on my RockPi 4b as a media server for few months now and took every update up until the latest 25.5.0-trunk.185 Now this was made with apt upgrade command and after I reboot, system no longer boots at all, freezing on initial boot stage. No HDMI sign at all also. If I plug an old armbian that I have on sdcard, I see U-Boot screen for few seconds, then reboots (basically bootloop). OS was installed to internal eMMC. Downgraded back to Armbian_community_25.5.0-trunk.131_Rockpi-4b_bookworm_current_6.12.16_minimal from github and all is running fine, but again after upgrade command, same thing happens. Not that …
-
Reputation Points
- 23 replies
- 12.5k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hey everyone, was wondering if there was a readily available rock3b armbian image. I have found that the rock3a/3b are quite similar baring an extra ethernet port. So was hoping to see if I could take the rock3a image and make some simple modifications but don't know how. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 22 replies
- 10.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
To try the new goodies I've tried to install Buster Legacy on my M4V2 but it always hung on [---] A start job is running for Bluetooth Rockpi (many minutes / no limit) https://redirect.armbian.com/region/EU/nanopim4v2/Buster_legacy_desktop I downloaded it multiple times and no change. I'll try the mainline image and then regress kernel to legacy.
-
Reputation Points
- 22 replies
- 7.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Has anybody successfully used the USB type-c displayport of the nanopc-t4? How do you configure it? It works on the images provided by friendlyelec, so, I guess it is just a config/install issue ?
-
Quick preface: I'm a noob in many ways, though I'm trying to learn. I may make obvious mistakes and may need clearer instructions than most. Would really appreciate someone working with me here! So I realized earlier this year that I was still on Buster and that there were two newer OSs that I could upgrade to. I upgraded to Bullseye with support from ChatGPT which worked nicely. The upgrade to Bookworm hosed my system and it now fails to reboot. System Info (prior to failure): - Helios64 board - Armbian with OMV - Originally running Buster, then upgraded in sequence: first to Bullseye (worked fine), then to Bookworm - System was always boo…
-
Reputation Points
- 22 replies
- 7.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi! I'm trying to create a vpn access point with a Rock64. I'm receving a low speeds with openvpn but the openssl tests show that there is crypto acceleration. I'm new to all of this. I assume the vpn speeds would be much higher since crypto extensions are enabled in armbian, that's why I choose the Rock64 and Armbian. This is the openssl test: openssl speed -evp aes-256-cbc Doing aes-256-cbc for 3s on 16 size blocks: 14416568 aes-256-cbc's in 3.00s Doing aes-256-cbc for 3s on 64 size blocks: 10625804 aes-256-cbc's in 3.00s Doing aes-256-cbc for 3s on 256 size blocks: 4907054 aes-256-cbc's in 3.00s Doing aes-256-cbc for 3s on 1024 size blocks: 1594735 aes-256-cbc's i…
-
Reputation Points
- 22 replies
- 12.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Posting here following what was recommended on twitter. After updating my helios64 earlier this week and rebooting to get the new kernel, I realized it was suspiciously silent. A quick check to sensor temps readings and physical check made me realize the fan were not spinning. After a quick read on the wiki, I checked fancontrol which was indeed failing: root@helios64:~ # systemctl status fancontrol.service ● fancontrol.service - fan speed regulator Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/fancontrol.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled) Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/fancontrol.service.d └─pid.conf Active: failed (Result:…
-
Reputation Points
- 21 replies
- 9.8k views
- 2 followers
-