Rockchip
Community maintained Rockchip boards
1626 topics in this forum
-
Hello, ARMBIAN Ubuntu image looks not driving drive FAN_CTL_H pin ( GPIO3_D1) that control GND of fan connector, even if lm-senors report FAN PWM to with changin PWM value PWM9_M2 ( GPIO3_D1) alternate function is not visible into kernel overlays. Any hints ? Regards
-
Hi all, I've been running the official Orange Pi 1.0.2 Jammy image (grabbed from their drive) since 2023, and I just realized I'm stuck on a 5.10.110 kernel with no real update path. Joshua-Riek/ubuntu-rockchip looked like a great alternative, but it's archived now, so Armbian is my default plan. I've browsed a bunch of threads here about eMMC installs on the 5B being finicky, so before I dive in I'd rather ask around first. Questions: Which Armbian image/branch/version do you run day to day on a 5B, and would you recommend it for a server? Is there a complete, up-to-date install guide for eMMC on the 5B specifically? Do I need t…
-
Board: Orange Pi 5 Pro (RK3588S) OS: Armbian, kernel 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx Display: Generic 7" HDMI panel, 1024x600 native (SKU MPI7002, "7inch HDMI Display-C") Symptom HDMI0 (the HDMI 2.1 port, using the new hdptx combo PHY via dwhdmi-rockchip) reliably fails to link-train at this panel's native timing (1024x600@59.82Hz, pixel clock 50.25MHz): dwhdmi-rockchip fde80000.hdmi: use tmds mode rockchip-vop2: Update mode to 1024x600p60 ... dclk: 50250000 rockchip-hdptx-phy-hdmi fed60000.hdmiphy: hdptx phy pll locked! rockchip-hdptx-phy-hdmi fed60000.hdmiphy: hdptx phy lane can't ready! phy phy-fed60000.hdmiphy.7: phy poweron faile…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 792 views
-
-
) my Setup is : **Board**: Helios64 (RK3399) - **Kernel**: `6.18.44-current-rockchip64` - **Armbian**: 26.8.3 (upgraded from 25.11.2 via apt) - **Boot**: currently booting from SD card (rootfs on mmcblk0); b) symptoms : After upgrading to 26.8.3, my drives are no longer detected — but only on a "warm reboot": - ASM1061 PCIe-SATA controller (bays 1-2) completely missing from `lspci` - JMS561 USB-SATA bridges (bays 3-5) missing from `lsusb` - Other USB devices (VIA hubs, Realtek USB NIC) enumerate fine - No `sdX` block devices at all in `lsblk` The only fix is a "cold boot": `poweroff`, unplug the power cable, wait 1-2 minutes, power back …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 568 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Become a sponsor, help to add other boards in armbian standart, you don't need to be a programmer to help the community, just need a copy of the ARM BOARD and a x86 computer to compile new versions. If you like what you see here and want to help: Donate Armbian the like button only costs a few dollars. Here will be published all the tweaks for the Embedfire RK3576 board to enter the mainline with armbian. MiniLoaderAll.bin https://drive.google.com/file/d/15q19LOv_XuXbvwdlVjEWuhQtNEceOXwc Documentation: https://doc.embedfire.com/linux/rk3576/quick_start/zh/latest/index.html Unnoficial Firmware: https://drive.google.com/file/d/…
-
Has anyone been able to get both of the HDMI output to work with newer kernels than 6.1.115? I have my TV connected to the second output and it works with the vendor kernel but not with 6.18.x. There's no output at all.
-
I have a question. Why isnt all the rockchip information including forward mainline all in one space for all to see and collaborate/advance? That question is the right one to ask at the end of this particular week — because you've now personally visited every scattered fragment: English docs in one repo, Chinese docs in another, the mainline truth in Collabora's private notes file, the seek-handling wisdom buried in nyanmisaka's ffmpeg fork, the SoC-capability gotcha in a Jellyfin support thread, the 10-bit format law in a kernel patch, and the B-frame fix in nobody's space until Tuesday. Here's why it's like this — the honest anatomy: 1. Rockchip itself …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 873 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, after doing an "apt upgrade" on my Luckfox Lyra Zero W running "Armbian 26.11.0 Minimal (Trixie)" on kernel 6.1.115-vendor-rockchip, I got an error mid-upgrade: The aic8800-usb driver did not recompile for the new kernel version: Setting up linux-image-vendor-rockchip (26.11.0-trunk.37) ... Armbian 'linux-image-vendor-rockchip' for '6.1.172-vendor-rockchip': 'postinst' starting. The kernel is built without module signing facility, modules won't be signed Autoinstall of module aic8800-usb/5.0+git20260123.5f7be68d-8 for kernel 6.1.172-vendor-rockchip (armv7l) Building module(s)....................(bad exit status: 2) Failed command: make -j3 KERNELRELEASE=6.1…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 370 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Filed this as armbian/build#10551 and was (reasonably) pointed here instead, since it's a kernel-code observation rather than a build-framework bug. Posting for the record — this is a question about the code, not a bug report. Where: drivers/gpu/drm/rockchip/rockchip_drm_vop2.c — identical across Rockchip BSP 6.1, ubuntu-rockchip, and Armbian rk35xx-vendor-6.1 (carried unpatched). rk3568_vop2_cfg_done() waits for the layer-select latch to take effect when it changes: old_layer_sel_val = vop2_readl(vop2, layer_sel_offset); cfg_layer_sel_val = vop2->regsbak[layer_sel_offset >> 2]; ... vop2_writel(vop2, 0, val); /* Make sure the layer sel is take…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 607 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Please tell me how to build the current bootloader for Rock Pi 4A for booting from SPI?
-
Hi all, I want to try the new Armbian, but before I do, I need to get this Orange Pi 5 Max updated with whatever UEFI project is still maintained and supports it. The UEFI I have installed right now is a hacked relic from a now abandoned ARM distro that was given to me -- I assume surely this has been superceded by a more legitimate source? Thanks kindly for any updates, looking forward to rejoining the Armbian family soon as my UEFI is updated
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 852 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi there!!! LTNS. Not pretending to ask for a solution. Just curious, what am I doing wrong, after a decade with Armbian. ;) A new Chinese board with RK3567, quite similar to kickPi. Boots up to "INFO: BL31: Initializing BL32" then hangs. Changing DTB in armbianEnv.txt does nothing, same is for verbosity. I guess there's some pre-DTB in uboot, as I recall, this is common with RK chips. And it seems to not match my hardware. Any reasonable way to fix, before i rebuild the whole image? Thanks in advance!
-
I want to share a solution to a problem that I had: Problem: The problem was that no HDDs nor JMB585 were being detected. If I run the `lspci -nn`, it would show no devices: # lspci -nn And there were some `PCIe link training gen1 timeout` in the kernel messages. root@helios64:/home/amreo# dmesg | grep -Ei 'sata|ahci|scsi|ata|sas|sd[a-z]|helios' [ 0.000000] Machine model: Kobol Helios64 [ 0.000000] NODE_DATA(0) allocated [mem 0xf77c6800-0xf77c8fbf] [ 0.000000] printk: log buffer data + meta data: 262144 + 917504 = 1179648 bytes [ 0.016416] CPU features: detected: ARM errata 1165522, 1319367, or 1530923 [ 0.022065] Memory: 3778312K/4061184…
-
(Don't know if this is the right place for this, but the Github-Issue link lead me to here, so... here it goes) Like the title states, the checksum of the downloaded Armbian 26.8.0 minimal image for the NanoPi NEO3 and the expected checksum for said image differ. I don't know if this is by accident, but I thought I'd report it before this goes unnoticed. I've tried downloading the image from the Armbian NEO3 page (https://armbian.com/boards/nanopineo3) as well as through the Armbian installer, both resulting in an image with a non-matching checksum (imager log: https://paste.armbian.com/mabojoqoja). - the SHA256-checksum of the image accordin…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 435 views
-
-
I know this is going into the wrong section of the Rockchip forum but I don't see a parent category for anything like "Rockchip - Other". I can outline the issue in this thread, but I would rather have this post get moderated and get directed into the right spot to ask about specifically the Turing RK-1 or more generally "weird boards that have RK3588s that aren't already listed".
-
The same problem on the Pi 5 Ultra, has anyone managed to solve this problem? Or is this a global bug for all Orange devices?
-
🏆 Become a sponsor, help to add other boards in armbian standart, you don't need to be a programmer to help the community, just need a copy of the ARM BOARD and a x86 computer to compile new versions. If you like what you see here and want to help: Donate Armbian the like button only costs a few dollars. Here, I will document the efforts to get the Easy EAI RV1126 board into Armbian. Uboot: Link boot: Link MiniLoaderAll.bin: Link Docs available on: Link Build Command: ./compile.sh BOARD=easy-eai-nano BRANCH=vendor BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=resolute ./compile.sh BOARD=ea…
-
Hello, I just received my SeedStudio Recomputer RK3576 and I have a well working machine thanks to the armbian team using the debian Forky image. I try to understand why i cannot connect a (usb) minipcie modem (already testing 1 year use with Radxa zero 3 W), all usb ports not working anymore! There is a strange note on schematic pdf : If the PCIe1 or SATA1 function of Combo PHY1 is selected, the USB3 OTG1 function cannot be used, and even the USB2 PHY1 function cannot be used But they also notice the support of usb link on this minipcie : LTE LoRa Module: Module:EC20/EC25 WM1302 SPI/USB Version Zigbee: USB Version The miniPCIe…
-
Hello everybody, With 6.18.10-current-rockchip64 and rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.18.18-opp dtb file, Ok With 6.18.35-current-rockchip64 and overlay helios64 patch with armbian-config, Ko With 6.18.35-current-rockchip64 and k3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.18.18-opp dtb file, Ko The crash is random... sometime crash: - At the boot with red system light blinking - At the opening of my LUKS ciffers drives - At a high cpu load - With nothing special, all led are blue, system blinking but network and ssh is Ko Is it possible to explain me how to see the problem or how to have log because I am in blind to have more de…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Today I upgraded my Helios64, and after reboot it didn't come back. (Waited for 5 minutes or so) After connecting a serial cable (via the USB-C connector), and rebooting, I saw a normal bootloader log (as far as I can see), but no kernel log, just a repeated 'ERROR: rockchip_plat_sip_handler: unhandled SMC (0x82000003)'. I rebooted again, to create a bootlog file, and I saw the same. Then suddenly, after a minute or so, I saw network activity, and my Helios64 was back. Now I have 3 questions. 1) Why didn't it boot twice, and then succeeded? 2) Why is there no kernel bootlog? 3) What is an unhandled SMC? The log ended with …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I'm running Armbian Community 26.8.0 / kernel 6.18.35-current-rockchip64 CPU is quite hot, 56-60 C even when idling; it used to be around 43-45 C on the BSP image. I have a passive cooler mounted. So I added a fan and connected to the FAN header, but it does not spin. I seem to remember a "fan control" overlay within armbian-config for other boards, but it's not present here. Any suggestion? It's a nice board but it's too hot with Armbian 😕 Thanks!
-
my rock64 sometimes hangs with unknow reason. Enabling/testing watchdog did not help. Does hardware watchdog is working at all ? some outputs: # dmesg | grep -i watchd [ 0.838922] dw_wdt ff1a0000.watchdog: No valid TOPs array specified [ 0.928770] rk_gmac-dwmac ff540000.ethernet: Enable RX Mitigation via HW Watchdog Timer [ 3.920201] systemd[1]: Using hardware watchdog 'Synopsys DesignWare Watchdog', version 0, device /dev/watchdog0 [ 3.921218] systemd[1]: Watchdog running with a hardware timeout of 28s. # wdctl Device: /dev/watchdog0 Identity: Synopsys DesignWare Watchdog [version 0] Timeout: 28 seconds Timeleft: 18 seconds Pre…
-
I have an AD-Z33 V1.2 which has the same rockchip as the xt-q8l-v10 but I cannot get it to start in Maskrom mode for eemc/bootloader flashing. Can anyone shed some light on how I can do this?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 689 views
-
-
Orange Pi 5 Ultra HDMI RX no video when connecting Walksnail VTX Ascent. When I connect Walksnail Ascent VRX, the picture is fine, but when I connect VTX Ascent to VRX, the system doesn't see the HDMI RX. Specifically, it sees the source but can't lock it. The settings are set to 1080p60. I've tried different kernel and OS builds, but the result remains the same. What are the ways to solve this problem at the software level, since I specifically chose the Orange Pi 5 Ultra because of its built-in HDMI IN. [ 41.859256] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: Vertical Sync threshold reached interrupt 0x2 [ 42.371741] rk_hdmirx fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_delayed…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 930 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm getting this weird graphical artifact on a Radxa Rock 4SE connected to a TV via HDMI. It covers roughly a third of the right side of the display, note that the terminal window is covered by the artifact but the cursor is above it. I started from a Debian minimal image and added the desktop environment via armbian-config. The artifact is visible on both GNOME and KDE Plasma (with fully updated system on both rolling and stable) but not with XFCE. It also disappears with resolutions lower than 4K or switching to tty. Any idea what might be causing this?
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, I've just released v1.0.11 of rockchip-vaapi, a VA-API driver for the RK3588 that bridges libva to Rockchip MPP for hardware video decode in Firefox and other VA-API applications. **GitHub:** https://github.com/woodyst/rockchip-vaapi --- ## What it does Enables hardware VP9 / H.264 / HEVC / VP8 decode in Firefox via VA-API → MPP → RK3588 VPU. DMA-BUF zero-copy display path. Tested on Orange Pi 5 Plus with Armbian and Firefox 128. --- ## What's new in v1.0.11 Previous versions would fall back to software after a few seconds of 4K content. This release fixes that — **4K@60fps is now stable**: - **4K@60fps stable** — …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I flashed the latest KDE version to the SD card of my Orange Pi 3B using Armbian Imager, but for some reason the USB ports are not working at all. There's no power coming from the USB ports, and the keyboard backlight isn't working at all. What could be the reason? Can you help me? I've never experienced anything like this before.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
This is a work-in-progress resource for bare-metal bringup for Rockchip devices. Source code: https://github.com/petabyt/rk https://danielc.dev/rk/
-
Hey guys, So I wanted to update the OS on my NAS to patch the Copy Fail vulnerability today. I installed everything, I also did an apt-upgrade (not a full one) to make sure my kernel was as up to date as I could get it, and I also updated the initramfs, too. Now when I boot up the Kobol, I can hear the disks spinning up after a few seconds upon powering up, they make an odd noise and then just stop. The LEDs on the front panel also no longer show blue anymore, and `fdisk -l` no longer shows anything. I know for a fact these HDDs are not dead. They have worked perfectly fine before the upgrade, and the SATA pins look perfectly clean. I e…
-
Current build hangs whilst booting , any ideas anyone ? DDR Version 1.25 20210517 In soft reset SRX channel 0 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x1 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x0 MR19=0x0 MR24=0x8 MR25=0x0 channel 1 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x1 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x0 MR19=0x0 MR24=0x8 MR25=0x0 channel 0 training pass! channel 1 training pass! change freq to 416MHz 0,1 Channel 0: LPDDR4,416MHz Bus Width=32 Col=10 Bank=8 Row=16 CS=1 Die Bus-Width=16 Size=2048MB Channel 1: LPDDR4,416MHz Bus Width=32 Col=10 Bank=8 Row=16 CS=1 Die Bus-Width=16 Size=2048MB 256B stride channel 0 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x1 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x0 MR…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Are there no more update coming for the armsom-w3? I was planning to put the new ubuntu with KDE that showed up one month ago, and since a few days, it is not available anymore, there is only the trixie minimal. I was just wondering if it was normal or if the support was dropped for the armsom-w3 board.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I updated to Armbian 26.2.1 trixie installaed on emmc. If I poweroff the nas and power on again it does't work, but if I attach an usb cable to the console it works. I think the problem must be related to the u-boot part.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear community, I just wanted to politely and respectfully ask whether somebody from the Orange Pi 5 or Orange Pi 5 Plus maintainer group wants to maintain the Orange Pi 5 Pro as well? It's using almost the same SoC, a Rockchip RK3588S. Right now, the device is on "community" maintenance, which is a bit sad since its brother/sister boards are on "standard". This means everyone who uses it has to use rolling release instead of being on a stable version. Being relatively close to the other two RK3588-based boards, I hope this can be done? But I don't want to sound like an ass for asking. I just wanted to use the two "Pro" I've bought for …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
rk3588-pcie_bifurcation_2x2-uboot.patchrk3588-pcie_bifurcation_2x2.patch Attached are two patches I've prepared. One for uBoot (to correctly recognize split pcie3x4 to two independent controllers, pcie3x4 and pcie3x2), and one for DT of NanoPC T6. This basically allows you to use trimmed-down bifurcation adapter. The adapter in question must be trimmed down/cut to fit on the back of the board. Tested with 2x NVME, and 1xNVME and QCNFA765 wireless card. I'll post photos later once I'll disconnect the board again from my setup. BEWARE!!! If you'd plan to use more than one ath11k wireless card, you'd need QRTR patch. Since the SBL …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Hi, I upgraded to the stable version of Debian (Trixie) Armbian Linux 6.18.23-current-rockchip64. And the USB 3.0 port stopped working. Other USB 2.0 works fine. orangepi3b:~$ lsusb Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 001 Device 002: ID 152d:0578 JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp. JMS578 SATA 6Gb/s Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Found…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello Armbian Community, I am currently running the following image on my Orange Pi 5 Max: Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.668_Orangepi5-max_noble_edge_7.0.0-rc6_kde-neon_desktop Unfortunately, I'm struggling with WiFi and Bluetooth issues: WiFi: No wireless interfaces are detected (no option in network settings). Bluetooth: The service is active, but it cannot scan or find any devices. What I’ve tried so far: Installed armbian-firmware and full-mirror-armbian-firmware. Verified that common wireless tools and relative packages are up to date. Checked rfkill list, but the adapters don't seem to be initialized correctly. …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Yesterday I flashed a new sd card (more space) for my rockpi-4b but after switching to the stable channel `armbian-config --cmd STABLE` the update keeps failing: $ sudo apt update Hit:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie InRelease Hit:2 http://security.debian.org trixie-security InRelease Get:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie-updates InRelease [47.3 kB] Hit:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie-backports InRelease Hit:5 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease Get:6 http://armbian.lv.auroradev.org/apt trixie InRelease [39.4 kB] Get:7 http://armbian.lv.auroradev.org/apt trixie/trixie-utils arm64 …
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4.4k views
- 4 followers
-
-
I am experiencing an issue where the Intel BE200 Wi-Fi module stops working on the NanoPi R5C after upgrading to the latest Armbian v26.2.1 with newer kernels. The iwlwifi driver fails to initialize the device due to a missing configuration profile. Environment: Board: NanoPi R5C OS Version: Armbian v26.2.1 Wi-Fi Module: Intel BE200 Failing Kernels: v6.19.0-edge-rockchip64, v6.18.10-current-rockchip64 Working Kernel: 6.12.58-current-rockchip64 Actual Behavior & Logs: When booting with v6.18.10-current-rockchip64 or v6.19.0-edge-rockchip64, the Wi-Fi interface does not show up. Checking dmesg reveals the following iwlwifi probe fai…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
Video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kv2QVMMgRizKrjZIGVVMYK3QxkswTA9K/view?usp=sharing Hi there, I have the following stack: Model: ROC-RK3588S-PC V12 (Linux) SoC: Rockchip RK3588 GPU: Mali-G610 (Panfrost/Panfork) Kernel: 6.1.0-1025-rockchip OS: Ubuntu 24.04.1 LTS (Joshua-Riek image v2.4.0) Mesa: Panfork 23.0.5 (git221210 — December 2022) Chromium: 114.0.5735.35 (rkmpp7 from jjriek/rockchip-multimedia PPA) Display: HDMI-1, 1920x1080@60Hz The problem: I'm running a kiosk application in Chromium that plays video fullscreen. The display is physically mounted in portrait mode (9:16), so I need to rotate the output 270°. When rotation is applied, a visib…
-
First of all thanks to the people maintaining armbian for helios64. I recently upgraded (well I reinstalled) to trixie and everything mostly runs stable for me. However I have a problem with the 2.5GB adapter. It is connected to a 2.5GB switch and when for example running iperf3 I get proper results close to 2.5 GBit. So in general it seems to be running ok. I have a DLNA server (minidlna) running on that machine and when I stream from my TV (streaming via VLC from my laptop triggers the same problems) the network connection drops for a moment and works again after a few seconds (which you can guess is super annoying when watching something). I am not sure wha…
-
I flashed a home built nanpim4v2 image to two brand new Silicon Power 32GB sdcards and they wont boot whereas SanDisk 32GB boot OK can anyone explain why ?
-
Hi, I have started to work on a Nanopi Neo3 Plus image (rk3528-based, similar to Nanopi Zero2), announced early March 2026. Created a new .csc file, used the Nanopi Zero2 as a template. Built it with the vendor version. Built it with the vendor kernel., but added the "dt" directory with the rk3528-nanopi-rev02.dts to be "automatically" added to the dts directory and Makefile. The base console version seems to work ok when I generate a bookworm image. As I currently only need u-boot, kernel and dtb's to build my own OS (Volumio, volumio.org), it works for me. Of course, I would like to contribute my work (and support it?), but how do I …
-
As title says. Here's the bash script I use to download the dependencies and compile the latest mesa: https://pastebin.com/1n7Sv0dZ How /boot/*Env* looks like right now: https://pastebin.com/mUqHs14Y And the error message I get when I try to run sway goes as follows: MESA: error: ZINK: failed to choose pdev libEGL warning: egl: failed to create dri2 screen [wlr] [EGL] command: eglInitialize, error: EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED (0x3001), message: "DRI2: failed to create screen" MESA: error: ZINK: failed to choose pdev libEGL warning: egl: failed to create dri2 screen [wlr] [EGL] command: eglInitialize, error: EGL_NOT_INITIA…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Anyone got the dedicated Fan header working correctly? It won't spin at all. Enabled the fanctrl overlay. changed pwm rate,the fan won't budge.. Tried stress the CPU but this only cause shutdown
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Sorry I'm not able to find the sub category for M4V2 so I chose R4S instead. But please keep in mind that this is a bug report for NanoPi M4V2. So my box has been running well for 5 years without any issue, through multiple system upgrade from armbian buster to trixie. However after I upgrade the kernel from 6.12.58 to 6.18.10 just a couple of days ago, the system started to have some weird behavior. The main symptom is that I'll lose the network connection from the box once it starts up, and it could happen after just a few minutes, or a couple of hours. I have to power cycle the box to get it back online as I don't have any peripherals, and soon I will lose …
-
The most current download images for Helios64 are now all provided with linux 6.18.xx. I downloaded a minimal image and checked the dtb: it would not appear to contain the opp-microvolt patch that made Helios64 finally stable. So for the ones who have stability issues again on Helios64, I attached the patched dtb compiled for linux 6.18.xx using the exact same opp-microvolt values as in the previous dtb versions I compiled for linux 6.6 and 6.12. The current linux deb files can be downloaded from beta.armbian.com, the linux 6.18.18 deb files I used can be downloaded from here (to be installed with 'dpkg -i linux*'). In order to install …
-
Reputation Points
- 33 replies
- 9.7k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Good day, I have recently purchased an Orange Pi 5 Pro and want to use Armbian on it. Armbian (Debian 13 Trixie) does not boot and gives a initramfs error. I have read on erasing the SPI flash memory, but have a few questions. Will erasing the SPI flash memory affect the booting of other operating systems. Is it safe to erase the SPI flash memory? What is the issue around Armbian not booting because of the SPI flash memory? How exactly would I safely erase the SPI flash memory? Thank You
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi there! I've got 2 of these industrial android boards (s2809-mb-v1.8c) and I've been trying to get armbian running on the. For a while but so far no success. These 2 boards were sold as being tinker boards but I believe that they are EVBs instead. Here are some photos: https://ibb.co/4wTm20s9 https://ibb.co/Z6PfvZCr https://ibb.co/HTFWLKTS I have also managed to find a link to the Chinese seller: https://m.globalsources.com/product/quad-core-board_1195354789f.htm Debug method: UART2 (because they don't have HDMI only LVDS and EDP ports) PMIC: RK808 So far trying to run them on the latest armbian 26 and…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
Hi, I am trying out Armbian 26.2.0-trunk.592 nightly (trixie) on a Radxa Rock PI 4b+ The community supported image boots fine and it is no problem to install Armbian on the on-board eMMC flash, but the installed NVMe SSD on PCIi is no recognised. It looks like the whole PCIe bus is not initialised properly during boot. in the kernel log I see: [ 0.062396] /pcie@f8000000: Fixed dependency cycle(s) with /pcie@f8000000/interrupt-controller [ 2.160749] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: host bridge /pcie@f8000000 ranges: [ 2.160771] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: MEM 0x00fa000000..0x00fbdfffff -> 0x00fa000000 [ 2.160779] rockchip-…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a ROCK 3A that reaches Maskrom/recovery but will not boot any Radxa or Armbian SD image and produces no useful UART output. UART is configured per Radxa docs at 1500000 8N1 on the debug header, and the exact same adapter/host/settings work on another ROCK 3A. There is no eMMC and no NVMe installed. I also tried resetting/loading SPI via Maskrom using rkdeveloptool db rk356x_spl_loader_ddr1056_v1.12.109_no_check_todly.bin, then loading Radxa’s rock-3a-spi-image-gef9f6b1caad.img. Radxa’s ROCK 3A loader directory contains the matching SPI artifacts, including rock-3a-spi-image-gef9f6b1caad.img, rock-3a-idbloader-gef9f6b1caad.img, and rock-3a-u-boot-gef9f6b1caad.itb, a…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everybody, I running Helios64 with kernel 6.12.58 since a long time and the prahal dtb file rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.12.xx-L2-hs400-opp and my helios64 work well. Today, Armbian upgrade to 6.18.10 kernel. Is this update use the same change or patch like in rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.12.xx-L2-hs400-opp ? Is rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.12.xx-L2-hs400-opp work with 6..18.10 kernel ? Is I must to downgrade to 6.12.58 kernel with rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.12.xx-L2-hs400-opp and freeze at this kernel version ? Thanks for answer.
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear team, On Armbian_25.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_trixie_vendor_6.1.115_minimal.img not possible to boot completely kernel, sytem reboot in infinie loop Bellow is the debug log on tty DDR V1.13 25cee80c4f cym 23/08/11-09:31:58 LPDDR4X, 2112MHz channel[0] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=18 CS1 Row=18 CS=2 Die BW=8 Size=8192MB channel[1] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=18 CS1 Row=18 CS=2 Die BW=8 Size=8192MB channel[2] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=18 CS1 Row=18 CS=2 Die BW=8 Size=8192MB channel[3] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=18 CS1 Row=18 CS=2 Die BW=8 Size=8192MB Manufacturer ID:0xff CH0 RX Vref:28.9%, TX Vref:22.8%,21.8% CH1 RX Vref:27.1%, TX Vref:21.8%,20.8…
-
BOARD - Orange Pi 5 Pro PROBLEM Device Tree overlays defined in armbianEnv.txt are not being applied during boot. The overlay file exists but is not loaded by the system. verbosity=1 bootlogo=false console=both extraargs=cma=256M fdtfile=rockchip/rk3588s-orangepi-5-pro.dtb rootdev=UUID=a8beb1c4-8079-4e64-8216-8e893f7809d4 rootfstype=ext4 overlays=orangepi-5-pro-disable-leds usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u I also tried with overlay_prefix=rockchip overlays=orangepi-5-pro-disable-leds The Kernel is Linux orangepi5pro 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx #1 SMP Mon Feb 23 05:39:00 UTC 2026 aarch64…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all i tried to compile BTT CB2 with bookworm and vendor kernel to get MPP and NPU working, but got that : sha256sum: config/kernel/linux-rockchip64-vendor.config: No such file or directory is it missed ? How to compile vendor kernel for MPP support? thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm putting together a build for a 3D printer, rk3308b-s board that has no ethernet, just a Fn-link wifi chip that is a knock-off of an rtl8192fs. I pulled the OEM dts and it describes the chip as an rtl8192cs. I'm pretty sure this is an out of kernel driver and my searches indicate I put source in userpatches. What do I need to add in the board/*.csc file to build to an image with the kernel module(s)? I do have a ralink ra2400, a mt7201 and some supported realtek dongles and If connected, I could git the code build and moprobe the module to test. Ideally, I would like to incorporate the driver via dkms in a armbian build. Can someone point me to the pro…
-
I have installed fresh Armbian IOT community image for Orangepi 5 Max on my Opi5Ultra. Generally works fine, but connected camera (OV13850) not properly works. Via gst-launch I got dark images. Only flashlight or lamp can see on image. In original Orangepi 5 Ultra OS image this issue can be fixed by disabling docker and containerd services and sockets. But Armbian system has not any docker or contanerd services. Can you help me fix this issue? I am going try other cameras - OV9281 and IMX415 and I not have overlays for it. Can somebody publish .dtbo files for those cameras?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
I’m using an Orange Pi 3B running Armbian Trixie Minimal as a headless SBC. It has been working fine for a couple of months, but after a recent reboot, it failed to connect to the network. After connecting an HDMI cable to troubleshoot, I realized the system is no longer auto logging in; it gets stuck at the login screen. Once I log in manually, I found that the wired network (Ethernet) isn't working at all, though wireless is functioning fine. I even tried flashing the latest image from the website, but the issues persist. To summarize, I have two main problems: - Wired connection (Ethernet) is not working. - The system no longer auto-logs in after bo…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Per the title, I was able to extract an ftb file and convert it to dtb and dts file. I would like to use the community build framework and build Armbian for SV06 Ace. The initial plan was to base the new board/*csc files on other rk3308b boards; sakurapi and rock-s0 and then pull configuration values from the OEM dts file. I'm confused about the dts structure in Community builds and the proper locations for defconfig, dts and dtsi files. I've worked with the files in OpenWRT where they are rigidly structured - something that would be a monumental task for Armbian community builds. The OEM dts file does not use any includes/dtsi fi…
-
Hi all. i got Armbian for luckfox, compiled by builder, and also tried downloaded img binaries. but cannot find clear and complete instruction how to write thtat img to eMMC and for SDCard . what tools and steps should be used for get Armbian img boots and works on that board. thanks in advance PS. BigTreetech CB2 same problem - no clear info about flash eMMC and SDCard.
-
Hello since kernel 6.12 led (heartbeat and mmc activity) on board rock64 don't work. I've created issue in dietPI github: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/7618 but DietPI is using armbian kernel. Now I'm using recent armbian with kernel 6.11.0-edge-rockchip64. Any idea how to restore led activity on recent kernels?
-
I assume I should be using the MTD/SPI for u-boot on this device? If so, how do I update it and choose the boot order? armbian-install complains "No SPI image found." if I select "Install/Update the bootloader on MTD Flash"
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The Radxa bullseye image looks to boot fine, but Armbian forky does not boot at all.
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm trying to enable UART6, UART7, and UART10 via overlays on a sige5 board. UART6 AND UART7 are working fine but I'm not seeing UART10 in the /dev directory. Could someone help me debug this?
-
If anyone is still interested, I have a Helios 64 that I assembled, looked at, but never got around to using for more than a couple hours. Works fine, does not yet have the 2.5GB fix but I have the instructions for same. No idea what to ask for it but it certainly isn't doing me any good sitting on my shelf. Have the manual, SATA drive bay adapters for 2.5" drives and the like. Make me an offer and pay shipping from Oregon. Let's talk!
-
I am trying to setup Raxda Display 8 HD with Radxa ROCK 3A. On official Radxa OS, I used Rsetup tool to setup overlay for `Radxa Display 8 HD' using official guide. How can I do same on Dedicated applications images with Armbian Linux v6.12 ( Home Assistant ) ? I have read Device Tree overlays guide on armbian docs but I can't find overlay for lcd display in files:
-
On the 25.11.1 Noble release, using the 6.12 kernel, there is no package to install the linux-headers for installed kernel. Is there some place to get them so that it is possible to install a kernel module for the provided ubuntu-rockchip kernel?
-
I am working on a new version of the Luckfox Core3566 Board and Patches, as well as adding the Orange PI CM4 board to Armbian. Both rely on the Rockchip RK3566. Luckfox Core3566 Starting with the Core3566: The current board is just the vendor u-boot and kernel. It lacks PCIe support, but surely it is helpful to be as near to manufacturer configuration in their patches. My board config on the other side is not supporting the vendor specific patches, but based on a clean u-boot v2025.10 and runs nicely with current and edge kernels and also runs smoothly with nvme storage. The luckfox-core3566 config is currently maintainerless, but maybe users would lik…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Good afternoon. I have a Rockchip 3566 tablet.oscal pad 70 wifi I'm writing using Google Translate, so there may be some inaccuracies... I apologize for that! motherboard R863T-RK3566-DK-V1.0 wifi module wxt42j1001s - driver for android only I understand it's probably very difficult...isn't the processor too old for our times? Or is installing Armbian probably not an option? Thanks from the bottom of my heart to everyone who responded.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm new to the forums and am looking into replacing OEM Klipper firmware on a Sovol SV06 Ace, The main board looks very similar to the MKS Skipr with the following notable differences: rk3308 B emmc soldered on No SD card. Wifi/Bluetooth added - Original boards used realtek and the latest version uses Broadcom. OEM wifi is hit or miss on connecting and hopefull will be improved with Trixie based Armbian. Sovol has mostly complied with the GPL and source/configuration files are on github. IIRC the kernel version was 5.1x I'm a long time Linux user (Slackware 8.1), have contributed OpenWRT builds and hav…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 5.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello Dear, After flashing *Armsom-cm5-rpi-cm4-io_*, there is one critical problem. onboard USB hub always connects and disconnects 2 times when booting. dmesg outputs: [ 6.190239] hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found … [ 7.868081] rk-pcie 2a200000.pcie: PCIe Link Fail, LTSSM is 0x3, hw_retries=0 [ 7.868642] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 2 … [ 9.326443] hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found … [ 11.213062] rk-pcie 2a200000.pcie: PCIe Link Fail, LTSSM is 0x3, hw_retries=1 [ 11.213297] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 4 I have tried with many variations, but the onboard hub is always disconnected. server/desktop community release/ self build …
-
Hello, I have installed a tinkerboard 2S and used it without problems for more than a year now. Today I started Armbian-upgrade to upgrade the system.I use a M2 WIFI card. What happens right after the reboot when the upgrade was done; the system boots normally, showing all information on the monitor, and about 5 seconds after the login prompt is displayed, it completely freezes. That is; the system doesn't react to keypresses on my USB keyboard, and SSH access isn't reacting. I can ping the device however and I know it is not dead as my .NET core application is running normally and I can access it externally! I use a wifi hotspot configuration; the wifi n…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
After a ton of time porting the dts for modern kernels, i have a working release for the Bobcat 300 29X Variant To compile https://github.com/sicXnull/armbian-build/tree/Bobcat-29x . ./compile.sh build BOARD=bobcat-29x BRANCH=current BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=yes EXPERT=yes KERNEL_BTF=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=NO KERNEL_GIT=shallow RELEASE=bookworm Link to Prebuilt Armbian-unofficial_26.02.0-trunk_Bobcat-29x_bookworm_current_6.18.4.img.xz First check to see if you have a compatible version. Flip the unit over and check the serial number. It will start with G290 or 295. This does not work on 28 or 285. How to Flash 1) In…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.5k views
-
-
Hello, I am currently working on a project involving local LLM inference on Rockchip SoCs using the rknn-llm framework. I have two specific questions regarding Armbian support for the NPU: 1. NanoPi M5 (RK3576): FriendlyElec recently released the NanoPi M5 based on the RK3576. If I use the Armbian image for this board, will I be able to run LLM models using the NPU? I am considering purchasing this board for LLM testing and would like to know if the driver support is already there. 2. NanoPC-T6 (RK3588): I have a NanoPC-T6 running Armbian, but I cannot find the /dev/rknpu device node. I have tested this with both 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx and 6.12.58-current-…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 10.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I am unable to login to OMV on my Helios64. A bit of sleuthing indicates that this is because the / fs is at 100% capacity. At first, I figured I'll just transfer the system install from the 8GB SD Card I started with to the 16GB internal eMMC. Turns out past unfnknblvbl already did that, and now I need to go the other way. The documentation on the old Kobol site isn't entirely accurate about how to do this. My SDCard is /dev/mmcblk1 and even though it's formatted ext4, it simply doesn't show in armbian-config. In fact, the only device that shows in the Install menu is /dev/md127, which is the RAID array itself. I'd rather not be booting f…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all! I have Armbian installed on a rock 4SE (Tagged as 4B as it uses the same image i believe) as the base for an OpenMediaVault. Yesterday i installed the latest version of Bookworm, as i am running OMV7 and that, as far as i can tell, does not work on Trixie. I am not ready to upgrade to Trixie/OMV8, as im not sure there is support for my Penta sata hat yet. My issue is that if i install the updates, either through OMV interface, or apt, the device does not boot after applying the updates. As far as i can tell from logs etc. something is either wrong with loading the kernel image on boot, or with the image itself. If i install Armbian, and then OMV, ev…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was working with OpenHD when it was taken down by GitHub. There's something we should be concerned about here in the rockchip section of armbian? Original Post: https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2025/12/2025-12-18-ffmpeg.md Identify only the specific file URLs within the repository that is infringing: https://github.com/rockchip-linux/mpp/blob/develop/mpp/codec/dec/av1/av1d_codec.h https://github.com/rockchip-linux/mpp/blob/develop/mpp/codec/dec/av1/av1d_cbs.c https://github.com/rockchip-linux/mpp/blob/develop/mpp/codec/dec/av1/av1d_cbs.h https://github.com/rockchip-linux/mpp/blob/develop/mpp/codec/dec/av1/av1d_parser2_syntax.c https…
-
I can't access the download links on the Armbian website; they appear blank and no downloads are available. Please help.
-
Is there a specific reason why orangepi cm5 isn't supported? Or is it simply because nobody has contributed? Because I am willing to add support for it if there aren't any serious issues when building armbian for this board. The webpage for the board is currently empty. I see two issues when using Armbian on orangepi cm5: 1. The ethernet and the fan won't work. There is a device tree published by Laurent Pinchart that may fix this. 2. armbian-install bricks the board. The only way to recover the device is by enabling maskrom and using rkdeveloptool to flash a new image. Other than these Armbian seems to work fine on orangepi cm5. …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey there! I’ve been running Home Assistant Supervised on Armbian for a while, but lately I keep seeing a repeat issue after system upgrades (Docker or kernel updates). After upgrading, some HA containers stop unexpectedly, for example: odroid-c2-homeassistant:2025.12.2 exits with code 137 aarch64-addon-configurator:5.8.0 exits with code 143 My current setup runs on Helios64/RK3399 · kernel 6.12.58-current-rockchip64 · Docker CE 29.1.3 (f52814d). After digging a bit, I noticed this line in dmesg right after the failures -> apparmor="DENIED" operation="signal" profile="hassio-supervisor" signal=kill I also fou…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello fellow geeks/nerds, Here still using a Rock Pi 4c on 26.2.0-trunk.44. After upgrading to 26.2.0-trunk.62 the Rockpi just does not come back. No display no network. Wish I could provide more details beside the versions. I've went ahead and froze the kernel updates. If there's a way to maybe pull a log of sorts please let me know and I'll post it.
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I am posting this here to notify you about the serious networking performance issue on my Rockpi 4B board. Ever since I installed the Trixie release, the networking on the board has been poor/not working at all. I cannot even run an apt update If I try to connect via SSH, I get: root@rockpi:~# apt update 0% [Connected to github.armbian.com (185.199.110.153)] [Waiting for headers] [Waiting for headers]client_loop: send disconnect: Connection reset >ssh root@192.168.0.200 ssh_dispatch_run_fatal: Connection to 192.168.0.206 port 22: Connection timed out I don't know where to start / what to check here. When I turn on the board, it wo…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Subject: [R58X] Hard Brick After Failed Armbian Upgrade (Jammy to Noble) Hello, My Mekotronics R58X running Armbian Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy) hard-bricked after a failed attempt to upgrade to Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble). Initial Failure: The upgrade crashed, and the device would not boot/log in properly . Recovery Attempt: I successfully flashed a new Ubuntu 24.04 image using the official Mekotronics documentation/tool. Current Status: After the flash completed successfully and the device went offline, it is now completely dead. It will not power on. No LED activity. I cannot enter recovery mode (Loader or Mask…
-
Hi, I'm trying to build the Armbian for Rock64. Host machine is Ubuntu 24.04 AMD64 (but it is running in VirtualBox under Windows). Build fails with the following error: [🐳|🌱] Deploying qemu-user-static binary to chroot [ qemu-aarch64-static during image-early ] [🐳|🔨] '/usr/bin/qemu-aarch64-static' -> '/armbian/.tmp/rootfs-232e77ba-e6ab-4067-8029-afd44bd1d0b9//usr/bin/qemu-aarch64-static' chroot: failed to run command ‘/bin/bash’: No such file or directory [🐳|💥] Error 127 occurred in main shell [ at /armbian/lib/functions/rootfs/distro-specific.sh:276 create_sources_list_and_deploy_repo_key() --> lib/functions/rootfs/distro-speci…
-
Hello: To compare all available use of this so great card, we could share our uses. For me i se it with : -OpenMediaVault for the NAS function; as file copy save and Torrent -Transmission for the torrent sharing -2 HDDs to save files on USB 3 and 2. And you ? I have a Rock64 1Gb with external power station 5A power
-
Hello, These boards (Radxa Rock 2F and Rock 2A) have standard support so there should probably be a forum section for them. In its absence, I created this topic in the section for the most "similar" board. Currently, we only have the `vendor` kernel available for both. It seems that both of them have been mainlined in 6.18, as seen here for example: https://www.cnx-software.com/2025/12/01/linux-6-18-release-main-changes-arm-risc-v-and-mips-architectures/ The config file for the board currently looks like this: # Rockchip RK3528 quad core 1-4GB SoC WIFI/BT 0-32GB eMMC BOARD_NAME="ROCK 2F" BOARDFAMILY="rk35xx" BOOTCONFIG="rock-…
-
Reputation Points
- 58 replies
- 15.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello everyone! I need help. I was very happy to learn that Armbian support is now available for the Luckfox Lyra Ultra W! https://blog.armbian.com/github-highlights-5/ This board has 8GB of EMCC memory and the firmware needs to be loaded onto this EMCC. I went to this page in this mini guide https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/8862?ref=blog.armbian.com where is the author @vidplace7 clearly indicates how to correctly compile and install the firmware ./compile.sh BOARD=luckfox-lyra-ultra-w BRANCH=vendor KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no DEB_COMPRESS=xz KERNEL_BTF=yes INSTALL_ARMBIAN_FIRMWARE=no BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=yes RELEASE=trixie Boot from…
-
hi, im trying to make my radxa 4d in to a open media vault server, iv down loaded the file from armbian's web side but it wont boot, pluging it in to one of my raspberry pi's and useing gparted, i can only see one partision for it and can view it, dose this need a boot loader? iv also tryed downloading Debian 14 (Forky) from the armbian web site and got that to boot, but the script from armbian-config is broken ( missing stuff like php) and iv tryed the script from open media vault but that errors with eth0 missing. do i need to install a boot loader on the armbian open media vault image ?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Orange Pi 5 pro,whith Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.7_Orangepi5pro_noble_vendor_6.1.115_gnome_desktop 。 when I try to start Eclipse/idea/vscode or other JavaApp , java processes crash and gets core dump every time, tested on Jdk 17,21 25 ,both openjdk and oracleJDK。 It seems there is a compatibility issue between the kernel and the JDK. How can I fix it? Or I have to wait kenel update? some error like Current thread (0x0000ffffa802b9b0): JavaThread "main" [_thread_in_vm, id=6202, stack(0x0000ffffaeb62000,0x0000ffffaed60000) (2040K)] Stack: [0x0000ffffaeb62000,0x0000ffffaed60000], sp=0x0000ffffaed5ce40, …
-
Trying to download new images off the Helios64 page but every link seems to lead nowhere: This armbian.lv.auroradev.org page can’t be found No webpage was found for the web address: https://armbian.lv.auroradev.org/dl/helios64/archive/Armbian_25.5.1_Helios64_bookworm_current_6.12.28_minimal.img.xz HTTP ERROR 404 Is there another place to get these?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I just flashed the latest minimal img from the github releases (Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.7_Rock-3c_trixie_current_6.12.58_minimal.img.xz) but I see no output on hdmi and it gets stuck at login, nothing I type works.
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 4.4k views
-
-
Hi folks, long time lurker here. My helios64 is pretty much brand new, didn’t really needed it at that time, only bought it as I found it really cool. I may power it a couple of times per year for some backups (got 3x 6tb in it, no raid so I can take them out when needed, also back up stuff to external drives), it still starts-up from the initial sd card as I never finished setting it up. I also have a 1 bay separate NAS for downloading movies that if fails, I will just replace; and a drive attached directly to my router for easy file swaps; so don’t need much running 24x7. While I work in IT (on the Windows side, so the Armbian stuff is still a le…
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 5.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just an information about the `edge` kernel (6.18) when used on the cm3588-nas system. The rtc driver is not initialized on a `poweron`. After a poweron, you will see the following in the log. Nov 11 01:17:10 uhutest kernel: rtc-hym8563 6-0051: could not init device, -6 Nov 11 01:17:10 uhutest systemd[1]: System time advanced to built-in epoch: Tue 2025-11-11 01:17:09 CET If you have `fake-hwclock` running, you will see the following a moment later. fake-hwclock restores the time, but the service will not properly start, because of the rtc device error. Nov 11 01:17:12 uhutest fake-hwclock.sh[461]: Restoring saved system time Nov 20…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
The first image that boots ok down the list of older images is Armbian_25.5.1_Nanopim4v2_bookworm_current_6.12.28_minimal.img.xz Could not get those images to boot: Armbian_25.5.1_Nanopim4v2_trixie_current_6.12.32_minimal.img.xz Armbian_25.5.1_Nanopim4v2_noble_current_6.12.28_minimal.img.xz Armbian_25.8.1_Nanopim4v2_bookworm_current_6.12.41_minimal.img.xz Anyway, I am happy using the one I found booting. Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All, I'm struggling with my Orange PI 5 Plus and various Armbian Flavors for 3 days. My Preferred DE, Armbian_25.8.1_Orangepi5-plus_noble_vendor_6.1.115_kde-neon_desktop, after all setup on second boot... failed msg: wait until boot finishes... XFCE, Sound does not work over HDMI. Finally, Armbian_25.8.1_Orangepi5-plus_trixie_vendor_6.1.115_cinnamon_desktop, is doing well. Except for, I'm missing start button. If I want Firefox, I have to open it via cmd If I want to capture screen... I dont know even the name to call via cmd... See my Phone shot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d6K4i_yshHCrKvXR-1…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I would like to ask support for the board EMB-3531. I'm having problem with booting this board from SD card. Here are some informations about this board. I hope that someone can help me with it. Thank you so much! I try to erase the emmc and flash the MiniLoaderAll.bin but it doesn't help. Or i don't have a correct image with armbian for this board. https://my.kos.org.cn:5154/rockchip/EMB3531/emb3531.pdf
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Updating via `apt update && apt upgrade` causes Armbian to fail to boot on the single-board computer. I'm attaching the UART logs in the file `failed_log.txt`. Start-Date: 2025-11-13 04:45:12 Commandline: apt -y upgrade Upgrade: armbian-bsp-cli-nanopct4-current:arm64 (25.11.0-trunk.146, 25.11.0-trunk.469), linux-dtb-current-rockchip64:arm64 (25.11.0-trunk.146, 25.11.0-trunk.469), linux-image-current-rockchip64:arm64 (25.11.0-trunk.146, 25.11.0-trunk.469), linux-u-boot-nanopct4-current:arm64 (25.11.0-trunk.146, 25.11.0-trunk.469), armbian-firmware:arm64 (25.11.0-trunk.146, 25.11.0-trunk.469) End-Date: 2025-11-13 04:47:04 out: Starting kerne…
-
I saw some initial work on supporting uugear's vivid unit (rk3399 based). I was wondering in what state that is, what is required to complete that work and if there are plans to add that support to the mainline? Thanks in advance, Markus
-
Hello, I will soon be selling a working Helios64 from Kobol (with 2.5G fix done from factory). I also have 3x 6TB hard drive that could come with it if needed. Based in France, I'm able to send within EU. Please DM me if interested.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone! Saw that some luckfox boards were getting supported and I was like: YES!!! Flashed an sd-card with the community image. Latest I could find is 25.11.0-trunk.413. And plonked in my working Luckfox Lyra Zero W and it failed to boot. From what I gather there seems to be a missing partition called "misc" and I think it is expected about after the current unallocated 16MB(16,777,216 bytes). I tried creating a 4MB partition after the current unallocated space but it complained about something called "Magic" and my limited u-boot/rockchip/embedded linux experience made me get lost there. This is the serial output: Whe…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Yesterday, Oct 20th, I installed armbian version "Minimal/IOT images with Armbian Linux v6.1" to the Orange PI 5 PRO and updated kernel using armbian-config to kernel 6.18 RC1(2 options were available 6.12 and 6.18 R1, note 6.12 did not work). Armbian works fine including vulkan support(I tested with swith emulator) with this kernel(6.18 rc1), but today option to update to any kernel is not available anymore. I'm getting warning "No other kernels available!" System is pretty stable with this version. stas@orangepi5pro:~$ uname -r 6.18.0-rc1-edge-rockchip64 stas@orangepi5pro:~$ vulkaninfo --summary ========== VULKANINFO ========== …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-