Rockchip
Community maintained Rockchip boards
1626 topics in this forum
-
I have a 5B and it came in a kit with the 10.1" touchscreen because I wanted to try to do a kiosk. I used Armbian Lunar rolling to get the OS installed on the emmc but I haven't been able to get the touchscreen working. It uses a breakout board to split the LCD2 connector into two connections on the display (I'm assuming one is touch and one is display) and when it's all plugged together, nothing happens. I've tried enabling and disabling both orangepi5lcd dtds and it doesn't help. When I do a dmesg (regardless of the screen being attached) I have Goodix i2c error for touchscreen@14 I've been doing Rockchip SBCs …
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 10k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Title says it all: The Images offers by the site https://www.armbian.com/nanopineo3/ simply doesn't work on a NanoPi Neo3. I don't have a Serial-Connector to find out what's going on during the Boot-Process. I connected a Router on the Lan-Interface, and the Router never get a DHCP-Request from the Neo3. Tried multiple times, SD-Card is fine (tested). If I use an Image from a totally different Project (for Example "DietPi" which also offers a Neo3-Image), it works like a charm. Router gets DHCP-Request, I can connect using SSH (and so on), everything works. My Neo3 is working fine, Power-Supply is also good (it's made for Raspberry Pi and offers 5.1V and 3A...…
-
It's quite some time ago that I used my rockpi however today I wanted to restart my project again (some sensors with an A/D Board connected to SPI). First of all I tested the Board on a Raspberry Pi (with Raspbian) there it is working as expected so it is not a hardware issue. I connected my board MOSI = GPIO2_B2 (Pin 29), MISO = GPIO2_B1 (Pin 31), CS = GPIO2_B4 (Pin 33), Clock = GPIO2_B3 (Pin 7). The matter is that it sometimes works and the correct data is received but just once in a while. For me it seems that the CS is not working properly but how to get SPI communication working correctly? In the attached screenshot the value 744 is the correct value, i …
-
Hi, I am wondering if people have tried the Banana-Pi M7 board with `armbian monitor -m` and `stress --cpu 8` in different ssh or window terminals, both with bare board, with metal case, and also with different kernels ? I have had temperature issues with Banana-Pi M3 RockChip boards, and am wondering if M7's suffer the same.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
[Disclaimer on] This is the try to play through some sort of an approval process contuining discussion from here and there -- maybe move @hmartin's last post to the latter thread? IMO we need a transparent process to decide whether to support new devices or not weighing pros/cons for both developers and users and estimate efforts especially if it's a new platform. Even if hardware vendors send out free dev samples we should not automatically start with new boards but discuss and evaluate first since we already deal with way too much boards with a crew just too small. I would believe @Igorhas now every new Olimex device and TL Lim said he sent out 3 ROCK64 boards to v…
-
Reputation Points
- 48 replies
- 24.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello everybody, Is it possible to use the box with another card (odroid n2 for example)? Thanks a lot
-
Hey guys, So I wanted to update the OS on my NAS to patch the Copy Fail vulnerability today. I installed everything, I also did an apt-upgrade (not a full one) to make sure my kernel was as up to date as I could get it, and I also updated the initramfs, too. Now when I boot up the Kobol, I can hear the disks spinning up after a few seconds upon powering up, they make an odd noise and then just stop. The LEDs on the front panel also no longer show blue anymore, and `fdisk -l` no longer shows anything. I know for a fact these HDDs are not dead. They have worked perfectly fine before the upgrade, and the SATA pins look perfectly clean. I e…
-
Hey, Quick question, can I use HDDs that have the pin-3 SATA "power disable" feature with the Kobol NAS, or should I steer completely clear of them?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I will show you how I successfully enabled pcie gen2 on my Rock Pi 4b and now my nvme is running at 1.1 GB/s. The solution which you can find on the web to activate pcie gen2 on an Armbian did NOT work for me: sudo nano /boot/armbianEnv.txt and insert: dtoverlay=pcie-gen2 The following solution activated pcie gen2: 0. check your current nvme speed to compare it afterwards with: sudo dd if=/dev/nvme0n1 of=/dev/null bs=1M count=2048 iflag=direct status=progress --> 618 MB/s 1. find out which rk3399-rock-pi-xxx.dtb your Rock Pi 4 is using. cat /boot/armbianEnv.txt | grep fdtfile --&g…
-
I have a M4V2, and want to build a mini NAS with OpenMediaVault 5 under Armbian (OMV5 can only run under Armbiam/Debian, but not in Ubuntu) The M4V2 has a SATA hat, and it can support up to 4 hard drives (2.5 inches size), so the SATA hat is powered separately, and I guess this is why this hat always gets overheat. There is a 12V fan interface (2pin) on this SATA hat, just right biside the power button. And I found that there are already some solution in this forum, all kinds of scripts, can drive the Fan according to the CPU's temperature, or even SSD/HDD's temperature, this are so amazing. And then when I tried these scr…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Is anyone having issues with the Cinnamon desktop version restarting the desktop when using the menu app launcher? Can be repeated by launching with super key and typing anything for search or just launching any application. Happens with all 3 major menu app launchers. menu, cinnamenu and cinnstark Pinebook pro
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, my company have commissioned at an external company ti develop a device based on rk3399. The external company have returned a device with a Debian 10 Linux image for the device. We are not satisfied about its the Debian distro maded by the external company because the UI it is not perfect. Sometimes, by moving forms, a little part of the display is not repainted correctly or sometimes a portion of a form disappear. So the question is: wich is the right way to build a Debian distro ourself? I have tryed ubuntu fiendlyarm. The os starts, I can enter by ssh but nothing appear on the display so, wich is the righ way to manage the hardware configuration of a custom d…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Greetings ! I am new to Armbian , I am using Rockpi4B for our development . I have successfully built and checked the working of the image. We have few developed application and service files . How can I include these applications and service files as a part of Armbian image. Thanks in Advance
-
I understand that this problem is not related to armbian. I tries asking NexDock but they don't know how to make it. So, I just wonder anybody knows how to let armbian on Rock PI4B work with NexDock 360's keyboard ? I know when using Raspberry PI, I can add a line dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host to /boot/config.txt. But when using armbian, there is no config.txt in /boot. Thanks.
-
Hi, I have troubled to set an u-boot environment variable of NanopiM4V2. I have tried changing the rootdelay parameter by making /etc/fw_env.config file. However, I don't know how to get the number I have to write in it. NanopiM4V2 is booted from microSD card. ("cat /proc/mtd" is none) If anyone know how to set the /etc/fw_env.config file with booting from microSD card??
-
Note that I want to use Hardware acceleration also later, but the issue is that it seems there's no HA for ffmpeg on the chip as you can see here. Thanks in advance!
-
Hello, I'm trying to use the NanoPi M4v2 SPI however it doesn't seem to work. I used armbian-config to enable the gpio overlay: [ ] dwc3-0-host [ ] i2c7 [ ] i2c8 [*] pcie-gen2 [ ] rk3328-opp-1.4ghz [ ] rk3328-opp-1.5ghz [ ] rk3399-opp-2ghz [ ] spi-jedec-nor [*] spi-spidev [ ] uart4 [ ] w1-gpio And the SPI isn't showing up on /dev: ls /dev/spi* ls: cannot access '/dev/spi*': No such file or directory Wasn't this enough to be able to use the SPI1 on this board? SBC: NanoPi M4V2 System: 5.10.35-rockchip64 #21.05.1 SMP PREEMPT Fri May 7 13:53:11 UTC 2021 aarch64 GNU/Linux Thank you.
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 6.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Current version using Armbian 21.02.3 Focal with Linux 5.10.21-rockchip64 I have tried to edit /etc/default/cpufrequtils : ENABLE=true MIN_SPEED=600000 MAX_SPEED=1512000 GOVERNOR=ondemand Save and run the command : service cpufrequtils restart However, the cpu freq only hit the max of 1.30Ghz. Running the command : cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu{0,1,2,3}/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies 408000 600000 816000 1008000 1200000 1296000 408000 600000 816000 1008000 1200000 1296000 408000 600000 816000 1008000 1200000 1296000 408000 600000 816000 1008000 1200000 1296000 Is it po…
-
Checked latest armbian buster and focal. In both disks, connected to second USB (not the middle one) not recognized (nor fdisk -l, nor dmesg). In friendlywrt both USB ports work as expected. Hirsute 10.4.21 also fine.
-
Hi all, unfortunately the USB power port on my Nanopi has broken off and I can't see a way to reattach it - it looks like it's just a push fit onto the board on 4 little tabs no solder involved no wonder it eventually fell off. I've heard that it's possible to power the Nano via the GPIO pins - anyone here done that ? I'm thinking I could make a cable to connect to the pins
-
Hi there, Just got OPi4 after some problem from Chineses... Problem: - no at all output at HDMI (connected to HDMI-VGA converter and 1920x1024 VGA LCD display, works with OPi PC+), - if Eth connected device gots (after few minutes) IP from DHCP. - no server running on that IP (tried telnet, ssg, WWW), PING works. uSD card with Armbian Buster for OPi4. What to check next? Console? What speed? 115200 or 1.500.000?
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 5.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi~ After "sudo poweroff" , my OPI4 does not boot anymore.(p.s. when i use "sudo reboot" ,it works.) I had looked over some topics,but i still get how to fix uboot . Can someone help me?Thanks!!!!! p.s I try to use "armbian-config"/"install" to fix the problem,but there was no "boot from sd"
-
Hi all! Is it possible to configure Orange Pi 4 wifi to work in AP mode ? Will both 5ghz and 2.4 ghz be supported ? Thanks for advance in answer.
-
Hello, I update my Orange PI 4 with the update Armbian 21.02.1 Focal and I was surprided to see the maximum CPU (A72) frequency is now limited to 1.8GHz. In previous version, this maximum frequency was 2GHz. Is it normal or is it a regression ? Thank you in advance for your help !
-
Looks like OPi4 has two active UART interfaces (ttyS2, S4). S2 is connected to the back 3 pins which are the debug ports, and S4 is uart on pins 19,21. Is there anyway to bring up another interface for UART on Pins 8, 10? Ive tried adding uart1,2,3 etc in armbianEnv file in /boot as well as console=display but non of this works.
-
I've built custom Linux 5 kernel for Oprange PI 4 including only options required for this board and module drivers for peripheral devices. Long story shor: It works, it boots, it runs, it's hot. Now I _think_ I've located cause of overheat: Linux 5.*.* 08:58:34: 1800/1416MHz 2.84 50% 1% 8% 0% 40% 0% 73.3°C 0/5 08:58:40: 1800/1416MHz 2.85 28% 0% 7% 0% 20% 0% 73.3°C 0/5 08:58:45: 1800/1416MHz 3.35 62% 0% 8% 0% 53% 0% 75.6°C 0/5 08:58:50: 1800/1416MHz 3.96 48% 1% 9% 0% 37% 0% 73.9°C 0/5 08:58:55: 1800/1416MHz 4.04 42% 0% 8% 0% 33% 0% 76.9°C 0/5 08:59:00: 1800/1416MHz 4.20 71% 1% 8% 0% …
-
Hi. I am faced with the problem of installing overlays on Orange Pi 4. I need to use SPI and I use the following settings: verbosity=1 bootlogo=false overlay_prefix=rockchip rootdev=UUID=946e374a-7ca8-488d-ad86-ab38ccfc7cc1 rootfstype=ext4 overlays=spi-spidev param_spidev_spi_bus=0 usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u As far as I know, after connecting the overlays, the devices should appear in the list / div, but this does not happen. New devices will not appear also when installing overlays w1-gpio or uart1 I also have problems with Ethernet connection if I use param_spidev_spi_bus=0, but if i use param_spidev_spi_bus=…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am using native camera ( NDKCameraManager2 ) in c++. I wanted to know whether rk3399 supports camera2 HAL3 with LEVEL_3 or not? 我在c ++中使用本机摄像头(NDKCameraManager2)。 我想知道rk3399是否支持LEVEL_3的camera2 HAL3?
-
Updated Armbian on Rock64 today, then lightdm stopped working. After peeling the layers it appears to come down to Xorg giving signal 11 "Segmentation fault" /usr/sbin/lightdm --debug [+0.12s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Launching X Server [+0.12s] DEBUG: Launching process 2575: /usr/bin/X -core :0 -seat seat0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch [+0.12s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Waiting for ready signal from X server :0 [+0.12s] DEBUG: Acquired bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager [+0.13s] DEBUG: Registering seat with bus path /org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Seat0 …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
I have Rock64 board with latest Armbian Focal flashed on it. I want to use it with this HDMI display by Waveshare: https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/7inch_HDMI_LCD_(H)_(with_case) Now, when I connect it to Rock64 it runs as 1080p downscaled by HDMI controller on display, resulted image is garbage, even though it is present. As was discussed here: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/10071-tinker-board-hdmi-resolutions-do-not-all-work/ current kernel/u-boot doesn't have required video mode to run this display properly. I tried to set required mode with xrandr but with no success. Can anyone help me to figure out how to patch kernel/u-boot to get this thing work properl…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello together, I'm using this board inclusive PoE - Board with the ARMBIAN - Image. Now I have a question about the FAN on this PoE - Board. Does anyone know, how can I enable the FAN permanently, because the heat from the CPU is to high and I don't want to kill this board with overheating..... Best regards Matthias
-
Hi ! I spent several hours looking for the solution, here and elsewhere, I didn't find. The Radxa wiki speaks about 2 SPI: 1 and 2 The device tree README speaks about 4 SPI: SPI 0 pins (MOSI, MISO, SCK, CS): GPIO3_A5, GPIO3_A4, GPIO3_A6, GPIO3_A7 SPI 1 pins (MOSI, MISO, SCK, CS): GPIO1_A7, GPIO1_B0, GPIO1_B1, GPIO1_B2 SPI 2 pins (MOSI, MISO, SCK, CS): GPIO1_C0, GPIO1_B7, GPIO1_C1, GPIO1_C2 SPI 3 pins (MOSI, MISO, SCK, CS): GPIO2_B2, GPIO2_B1, GPIO2_B3, GPIO2_B4 So, the correspondence seems to be: radxa SPI 1 <=> DT SPI 1 radxa SPI2 <=> DT SPI 3 With the latest kernel (5.10.12-rockchip64, Deb…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm struggling to get some sound through a PCM5102a module connected to GPIOs. I guess I've to make a dts-overlay to enable it on i2s0 but I didn't succeed, I'm very new to that. Could anyone tell me how to achieve that ? Many thanks for your work !
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Looks like its available from youyeetoo - https://youyeetoo.com/products/asus-tinker-board-2s-rockchip-rk3399-an-arm-based-single-board-computer-sbc-support-android-10-ubuntu-tinkerboard-2s-tinker2s-1 They have it on Amazon as well. PRICEY but it's there! Has anyone from Armbian got a sample of this? Is Armbian going there? I ordered on off Amazon, will be here in a couple weeks. Perhaps EU gets it faster? Perhaps there are other sellers, I could only find this one. Actually I found it by accident on Amazon and went looking. I'm sure I didn't do an exhaustive search.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
If someone of you likes karaoke I highly can recommend running UltraStar Deluxe (OpenSource SingStar clone) on the Rock Pi 4. https://github.com/UltraStar-Deluxe/USDX I‘ve used the Focal gnome desktop 5.10 image and built UltraStar Deluxe as described. Performance is very good!!! Even with 1080p videos I can‘t see a difference compared to my desktop pc. With the original wireless PS3 SingStar microphones this is a pretty nice and portable setup.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm getting burst "VOP vblank IRQ stuck for 10 ms" error messages in dmesg and wondering what it means and if anything to improve/fix. I'm using Nanopi m4 $ uname -a Linux nanopim4 5.10.21-rockchip64 #21.02.3 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 8 01:05:08 UTC 2021 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux kern :err : [Sat Mar 13 22:20:13 2021] rockchip-vop ff8f0000.vop: [drm:vop_crtc_atomic_flush [rockchipdrm]] *ERROR* VOP vblank IRQ stuck for 10 ms kern :err : [Sat Mar 13 22:21:04 2021] rockchip-vop ff8f0000.vop: [drm:vop_crtc_atomic_flush [rockchipdrm]] *ERROR* VOP vblank IRQ stuck for 10 ms kern :err : [Sat Mar 13 22:21:04 2021] rockchip-vop ff8f0000.vop: [drm:vo…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, after doing an "apt upgrade" on my Luckfox Lyra Zero W running "Armbian 26.11.0 Minimal (Trixie)" on kernel 6.1.115-vendor-rockchip, I got an error mid-upgrade: The aic8800-usb driver did not recompile for the new kernel version: Setting up linux-image-vendor-rockchip (26.11.0-trunk.37) ... Armbian 'linux-image-vendor-rockchip' for '6.1.172-vendor-rockchip': 'postinst' starting. The kernel is built without module signing facility, modules won't be signed Autoinstall of module aic8800-usb/5.0+git20260123.5f7be68d-8 for kernel 6.1.172-vendor-rockchip (armv7l) Building module(s)....................(bad exit status: 2) Failed command: make -j3 KERNELRELEASE=6.1…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 370 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I would like to enable 4K output for my new monitor connected to a NanoPi M4V2 running Armbian based on Ubuntu Bionic legacy. I have searched for some days now, but could not find a solution. I would be very glad, if someone could just point me to the right direction on how to configure the Armbian desktop environment for 4K.
-
Sorry I'm not able to find the sub category for M4V2 so I chose R4S instead. But please keep in mind that this is a bug report for NanoPi M4V2. So my box has been running well for 5 years without any issue, through multiple system upgrade from armbian buster to trixie. However after I upgrade the kernel from 6.12.58 to 6.18.10 just a couple of days ago, the system started to have some weird behavior. The main symptom is that I'll lose the network connection from the box once it starts up, and it could happen after just a few minutes, or a couple of hours. I have to power cycle the box to get it back online as I don't have any peripherals, and soon I will lose …
-
Hello, I have used NanoPi M4v2 with "NVMe SSD adapter" (Officially sold by the FriendlyElec). NVMe SSD is detected when I installed ubuntu based kernel 4.4. (FriendlyCore 18.04 or Armbian Bionic desktop based kernal 4.4.y) But When I installed armbian based kernel 5.x, NVMe SSD is not detected. Anyone can advise?
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi I try ro install and use Armbian on my NanoPi NEO 3. But when I do a first boot, I stuck at Generate Locale step. How can I fix it? Thank you very much. .
-
Hello, I'm running Armbian Community 26.8.0 / kernel 6.18.35-current-rockchip64 CPU is quite hot, 56-60 C even when idling; it used to be around 43-45 C on the BSP image. I have a passive cooler mounted. So I added a fan and connected to the FAN header, but it does not spin. I seem to remember a "fan control" overlay within armbian-config for other boards, but it's not present here. Any suggestion? It's a nice board but it's too hot with Armbian 😕 Thanks!
-
Anyone got the dedicated Fan header working correctly? It won't spin at all. Enabled the fanctrl overlay. changed pwm rate,the fan won't budge.. Tried stress the CPU but this only cause shutdown
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, I've just released v1.0.11 of rockchip-vaapi, a VA-API driver for the RK3588 that bridges libva to Rockchip MPP for hardware video decode in Firefox and other VA-API applications. **GitHub:** https://github.com/woodyst/rockchip-vaapi --- ## What it does Enables hardware VP9 / H.264 / HEVC / VP8 decode in Firefox via VA-API → MPP → RK3588 VPU. DMA-BUF zero-copy display path. Tested on Orange Pi 5 Plus with Armbian and Firefox 128. --- ## What's new in v1.0.11 Previous versions would fall back to software after a few seconds of 4K content. This release fixes that — **4K@60fps is now stable**: - **4K@60fps stable** — …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all. Some time ago, in the release notes of a past Armbian version, I remember reading that the network LED should now be enabled by default and associated with eth0. Despite always keeping my Helios64 as up-to-date as possible, mine never lit up, but I didn't think much of it. Today I decided to investigate why, and I'm not sure where to go from here. First things first, the LED works, it's not a hardware issue. I can echo 1 and 0 to the LED path (/sys/class/leds/helios64:blue:net/brightness) and it lights on and off as expected. From what I can tell, this LED, along with the heartbeat one, is enabled by the Systemd unit helios64-hear…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi to all, after the 16GB of the eMMC is slowly reaching my limits, I installed a 128GB M.2 SSD and wanted to use the kobol tutorial to transfer the system data on it... https://wiki.kobol.io/helios64/install/transfer/#transfer-rootfs-from-emmc-to-sata-or-usb ... unfortunately I see at position 4 only /dev/md0 instead of the M.2 Sata on /dev/sda root@helios64:/dev# lsblk NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT sda 8:0 0 119.2G 0 disk sdb 8:16 0 3.7T 0 disk └─md0 9:0 0 7.3T 0 raid5 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-nas sdc 8:32 0 3.7T 0 disk └─md0 9:0 0 7.3T 0 raid5…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.8k views
-
-
I'm getting this weird graphical artifact on a Radxa Rock 4SE connected to a TV via HDMI. It covers roughly a third of the right side of the display, note that the terminal window is covered by the artifact but the cursor is above it. I started from a Debian minimal image and added the desktop environment via armbian-config. The artifact is visible on both GNOME and KDE Plasma (with fully updated system on both rolling and stable) but not with XFCE. It also disappears with resolutions lower than 4K or switching to tty. Any idea what might be causing this?
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I am using Armbian_19.11.3_Rockpi-4b_buster_current_5.3.11_desktop. Facing issue when trying to use USB devices in the upper USB 3 port on a Rock Pi 4 v1.3. This port also supports USB OTG. The switch is set to Host mode. The storage is detected occasionally, while most of the time it does not work. dmesg contains no reference to the connected storage: $ dmesg | grep usb [ 0.000000] Kernel command line: root=UUID=590fca6f-9771-4245-86a7-34712bfe535b rootwait rootfstype=ext4 console=ttyS2,1500000 console=tty1 panic=10 consoleblank=0 loglevel=1 ubootpart=7ef2aff3-01 usb-storage.quirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u cgro…
-
Armbian version: Armbian_5.65_Rock64_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.4.162 the stuck prompt message: rock64 login: [OK] Started Update UTMP about System Runlevel changes. I MUST press enter key to continue the startup progress, please help me to fix the bug. Thanks very much
-
I was wondering if there is a solution to boot from a USB thumb drive and flash the OS to an eMMC. Currently I´m running ARMbian on a Rock64 with an eMMC module installed. Since I´m still trying to figure out how to set up the device I keep reinstalling the OS. So it would be nice to have a way without opening the case, take out the eMMC, hook it up to the PC to flash and reinserting. Thanks in advance.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.3k views
-
-
Hi, I've built the Ubuntu 18.04 image with legacy kernel (4.4) and tried to install wireguard. The problem was the kernel module which seems to be build by dkms. I've installed kernel headers from the linux-headers-rk3328_5.44_arm64.deb (built by armbian's build procedure) and tried to install wireguard-dkms package. It fails: Unpacking wireguard-dkms (0.0.20180513-wg1~bionic) over (0.0.20180513-wg1~bionic) ... Setting up wireguard-dkms (0.0.20180513-wg1~bionic) ... Loading new wireguard-0.0.20180513 DKMS files... Building for 4.4.131-rk3328 Building initial module for 4.4.131-rk3328 Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 4.4.1…
-
Hi, I'd like to control ws2812 led's via gpio spi. I'm using this octoprint build by ldiaz: I checked /boot/armbianEnv.txt and there's overlay_prefix=rock64 and after enabling spi via armbian-config also overlays=spi-spidev. Then I rebooted but ls /dev/spi* shows nothing. Can anyone help?
-
I have a Rock64 v2. For my project I wish to connect the board to an MCP3008 ADC chip via SPI so I can read some analog sensors. Pretty straightforward. But when I look at /lib/modules/4.4.178-rockchip64/kernel/drivers I see there are modules for i2c, usb, one wire, GPIO ... everything but SPI. Am I out of luck? ARMBIAN 5.75 stable Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS 4.4.178-rockchip64
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.1k views
-
-
Sold on Reddit. Hello, looking at selling my Helios64. Mostly looking at getting a price check (what's the device still worth) and gauging interest. Device is in pristine condition, standard fans were swapped for Noctua NF-A8. (standard fans will be included) I'd prefer to keep this EU only as shipping is going to be a pain.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I noticed that on my board I didn't have notification with MOTD when updates were available and I think that I've found the culprit: In the file /usr/lib/armbian/armbian-apt-updates of the package linux-buster-root-legacy-nanopim4_20.08.17_arm64.deb, this line stop the script to go further : # give up if packages are broken [[ ! $(dpkg -l | grep ^..r) ]] && exit 0 If I remove the ! then it works (because the script, in fact, gives up if packages are not broken )
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
If anyone in the US is looking for a Helios64 but don't want to wait for the next batch, I'm prolly selling mine. I ended up using an older windows desktop to build a server; took all of an hour to set up. I wanted to use this because it uses a lot less power and I wanted the computer for another project, but I don't have the time to screw with it trying to get it to actually function. If no one wants it, I'm just going to strip the case down as a HDD enclosure and cut my losses.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi Guys, i'm selling my helios64. No harddisks and 2 Adapter for 2,5 zoll included. Possible shipping in Europe with insurance. Please send me DMs Pics comes later... Greetings Daniel
-
Hey! I recently accidentally made my eMMC unbootable. I ordered this adapter, but the eMMC isn't getting picked up by any of my microSD adapters. Is there a way to hotplug the eMMC chip while booting from SD, like with the Pinebook Pro (which is also RK3399 based)? I'd really like to either repair or clear the eMMC so i could continue using it. Thanks!
-
I want to share a solution to a problem that I had: Problem: The problem was that no HDDs nor JMB585 were being detected. If I run the `lspci -nn`, it would show no devices: # lspci -nn And there were some `PCIe link training gen1 timeout` in the kernel messages. root@helios64:/home/amreo# dmesg | grep -Ei 'sata|ahci|scsi|ata|sas|sd[a-z]|helios' [ 0.000000] Machine model: Kobol Helios64 [ 0.000000] NODE_DATA(0) allocated [mem 0xf77c6800-0xf77c8fbf] [ 0.000000] printk: log buffer data + meta data: 262144 + 917504 = 1179648 bytes [ 0.016416] CPU features: detected: ARM errata 1165522, 1319367, or 1530923 [ 0.022065] Memory: 3778312K/4061184…
-
Hi! My Helios64 crashed, rebooted, then refuses to continue. Seems something is corrupted : the eMMC module? The eMMC contains the /boot folder, then the rootfs is on 1st disk, sda1. So I didn't lose anything, I guess. I will try to boot an microSD card with armbian and if it works, I will boot from it. With the sd card, it doesn't boot, I will disable eMMC with the jumper as documented in the wiki Is it fixable? Here are the startup messages: DDR Version 1.25 20210517 In channel 0 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x1 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x0 MR19=0x0 MR24=0x8 MR25=0x0 channel 1 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just applied the latest update to my Helios64, here is what apt reported: The following packages will be upgraded: armbian-config armbian-firmware base-files device-tree-compiler file iproute2 libcairo2 libgnutls30 libgnutls30:armhf libmagic-mgc libmagic1 libnss-myhostname libpam-systemd libsystemd0 libudev1 linux-buster-root-current-helios64 linux-dtb-current-rockchip64 linux-image-current-rockchip64 linux-u-boot-helios64-current systemd systemd-sysv udev unzip This went just fine until it tried to setup systemd, the Helios then lost all network connection: Spoiler Fetched 57.9 MB in 1min 51s (523 kB/s) Preconfiguring packa…
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 9.9k views
- 6 followers
-
-
I'm setting up a NanoPC T4 as a network server running OpenMediaVault. I wasn't sure where to post this and I thought I'd start here. I'm replacing an existing BananaPi and I have it and the T4 up at the same time. I've used the BananaPi to stream video files to Raspberry Pi clients running Kodi. The BananaPi has been working well with an older version of Linux and OpenMediaVault. What's happening is video served from the T4 starts playing well but then stops shortly after playback has started. The same video file works well on the BananaPi. I've tried placing the file on an NVMe M.2 drive as well as USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 connected hard disks. I've tried …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All, thanks for this great project, much appreciated! Could someone give me an educated guess whether there is a risk of damaging my board when the blue LED is flashing much faster (at least twice, probably more) than usual? I suspect something is changing the frequency or voltage and I'm not sure how much time I can take in this state to try to analyze the problem further. For now I unplug the power when it happens. I'm trying to netboot my Rock Pi 4B v1.4 with the current or dev branches of buster minimal nfsboot, with no local storage at all (just the SPI flash for u-boot). The legacy 4.4 hangs at very early boot (couldn't get clock / Failed to g…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi there, https://www.armbian.com/rockpi4/ I see there are specific builds for versions. Version A, the link does not contain an image. Does the general image work on all versions? or the link is simply broken? Kind regards
-
Hello. Please could someone help me to solve this issue? I have a wifi dongle recognized as: Bus 002 Device 002: ID 148f:5572 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5572 Wireless Adapter I am trying to use it on my Rock64 and ARMBIAN 5.42 testing Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.4.124-rk3328 uname -a: Linux rock64 4.4.124-rk3328 #24 SMP Wed Mar 28 17:15:52 CEST 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux It seems it is recognized correctly: Spoiler lsmod: rt2800usb 28672 0 rt2800lib 81920 1 rt2800usb rt2x00usb 20480 1 rt2800usb rt2x00lib 49152 3 rt2x00usb,rt2800lib,rt28…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I would like to reset USB power for some reasons. Now I'm using NanoPi M4 and "uname -a" returns the following I was wondering if I could power off/on of my USB device with commands, and found people are doing it with different PCs like topic below Is this possible with NanoPi M4? and if possible, how?
-
Reputation Points
- 29 replies
- 12.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
A few Armbian packages were updated (armbian-bsp-cli-helios64, armbian-config, armbian-firmware &armbian-zsh) to version 21.05.08. At some point I noticed that the fancontrol service had failed to start up after the reboot - it was complaining about a file missing(/dev/thermal-cpu). If you run into this after the update, just update your /etc/fancontrol to the content below and your fancontrol should go back to normal. # Helios64 PWM Fan Control Configuration # Temp source : /dev/thermal-cpu # After 21.05.08 [2021.08.10] # Temp source : /dev/thermal-board INTERVAL=10 # FCTEMPS=/dev/fan-p6/pwm1=/dev/thermal-cpu/temp1_input /dev/fan-p7/pwm1=/dev/th…
-
Reputation Points
- 24 replies
- 9.4k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Focal / root on eMMC / ZFS on hdd / LXD / Docker I received my Helios64 yesterday, installed the system, and decided to write down my steps before I forget them. Maybe someone will be interested. :-) Preparation: Assembly your box as described here. Download Armbian Focal image from here and flash it to SD card. You may use Ether. Insert the SD card to your Helios64 and boot. After 15-20s the box should be accessible via ssh. (Of course you have to find out it's IP address somehow. For example check your router logs or use this.) First login: ssh root@IP Password: 1234 After prompt - change passw…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 8.9k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hi, I received my new rock64 today and I downloaded this image https://dl.armbian.com/rock64/Debian_stretch_default_desktop.7z I used Etcher as recommended to create the SD card and booted off of it with just power and network connected as I assumed it would boot, assign a dhcp address and bring up sshd so I could remote onto it. I scanned my network to see if any new devices had been added with dhcp, but couldn't see anything new so I connected the rock64 up to a TV and then booted it up, connected up a keyboard and noticed it ran through an install process on first local login. I followed all the directions and a desktop appeared on s…
-
Hello all, I have a question today regarding ARMBIAN - Linux and the configuration of the ZRAM .... Under the ARMBIAN for RockPI 4 I have a ZRAM for the SWAP and a ZRAM for /var/log. Is it possible that I change this configuration and use the eMMC memory for these two areas? Because the big problem with /var/log is that it is simply too small and thus constantly runs into "ERROR" -> volume full. Thank you very much and I am looking forward to constructive contributions to solve my problem. Kind regards
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 15.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I received my Helios NAS last week, I installed armbian on eMMC with no issues. But I have a issue with my ssd and hdd. When I plug in my 5 HDD + my SSD, I only see 4 HDD ... But when I remove my SSD I can see the 5 HDDs ... So my question is stupid but it's "normal" ? I have a doubt, there is not a limitation with the GPT?
-
Are there any plans to offer a 2-bay version of Helias64? Whould it be possible to purchase the board only - without case?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I just received my Helios64, I immediately checked it for the Magjack center point to ground concern, and mine tests that it is connected. Is there a revision number on the board which can be used to identify the clean point between the pre and post fix boards?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I'm in the process of upgrading my network and with the Helios64 capable of 2.5 GbE, what are some people's switch recommendations? My needs aren't really too high so I think 5 ports should be enough until the rest of the infrastructure catches up in my home network. My short-list are: * QNAP QSW-1105-5T * TP Link TL-SG105-M2 * TRENDnet TEG-S350 Article from servethehome
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, How can I get a effective shutdown with the battery with legacy 4.4 (it always restarts) (2.5 Gbps OK) or How can the 2,5 Gbps performance issue be solved in 5.8 ? (that can shutdown OK) Which one is the easiest to address and solve for a beginner like me using OMV? Thank You! David
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.8k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, I run Armbian Buster 20.11.1 and today, without any important network traffic, eth1 interface has crashed. Here is dmesg : After ifdown & ifup eth1, interface is up again. What's wrong ? I can see driver 2.13 is used, and Realtek has issued a 2.14 version, but only usable up to 5.6 kernel So I can't compile it.
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 6.4k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Howdy Is anyone having issues with speed negotiation? My rock 5b running an unsupported kernel is selecting 10mb instead of the 2.5gbe the zyxel switch is capable of. Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm on the Ubuntu focal release for the Helios64: Kernel: 5.8.14-rockchip64 If I try transferring between the 2.5Gbps port and my computer, either linked at 2.5Gbps or 1Gbps, will unlink. I tried with a StarTech USB 3.0 port, linking at 1Gbps, and the same issue occurs, leading me to believe it's a software issue with the USB driver. lsusb -t, with the startech plugged in: root@helios64:/helios# lsusb -t /: Bus 06.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ohci-platform/1p, 12M /: Bus 05.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-platform/1p, 480M /: Bus 04.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 5000M /: Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=r…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 3.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, the latest Bionic Legacy Desktop images for NanoPi M4 V2 (Armbian_20.05.2_Nanopim4v2_bionic_legacy_4.4.213_desktop.img.xz and Armbian_20.05.1_Nanopim4v2_bionic_legacy_4.4.213_desktop.img.xz) do not boot on the board. No green LED. No video output at all. I haven't checked UART. The latest working image is Armbian_20.02.7_Nanopim4v2_bionic_legacy_4.4.213_desktop.7z I have a good power supply (12V 2A, also tried with USB 5V 3A), and a good MicroSD card (high endurance). I did not forget to unXZ the new image file and write it with dd, just as 20.02.7 7z. I've checked the checksum of written data on the MicroSD card, and it equals to the checksu…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 10.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
@Igor Kernel enabled Bootsplash works great on the recent 20.08 on Orange Pi 4. However there is a delay of around 20 - 30 seconds before this Bootsplash comes up. Is is possible to enable bootsplash on u-boot also on this image? I built a custom image 20.08-trunk with option "Kernel enabled bootsplash' disabled however could not see u-boot bootspalsh on this image. -Rajesh
-
Hi, it seem that Armbian_community_25.5.0-trunk.185_Orangepi5-max build break the HDMI output, in gnome and bookworm. I try to boot the two with SD card. existing sytem that make an apt upgrade, the 185 also seem to broke all the system. regards,
-
Hi My problem is that armbian 6.0.7 kernel hasn't recognised my 28" samsung 4k monitor.It recognised like a 29" monitor.How can I fix this problem? and in 4k resolution right of the screen doesn't show properly.In this side of the screen is completely white. Another problem is that 4k video plays very slowly How can I fix this problem? Thank you for your answers!
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I installed the latest Armbian image and used a 1080P portable monitor to finish the install process. But when I use my bigger monitor with 2560x1440 resolution, it cannot output signal via HDMI. I searched about it, but most of them are about windows/x86 contents. Any idea about that?
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Armbian 22.11.2 Cinnamon desktop was successfully installed onto eMMc storage from a microSD card. However, after installing the 3D accelleration following the official Armbian instructions, the Rock 5b failed to load the desktop. Instead, after the display of the Armbian splash screen, the screen turns black with a flashing white cursor. This problem started on 25 February. Before that day, 22.11.2 Cinnamon desktop successfully operated with 3D accelleration for two months. The following was used to install the 3D accelleration: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/panfork-mesa sudo add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/rockchip-multimedia …
-
Hi, the rockchip64 missing the gre modules for ipv4 and ipv6. they had been existing in 4.4.156-rockchip64 /lib/modules/4.4.156-rockchip64/kernel/net/ipv4/gre.ko /lib/modules/4.4.156-rockchip64/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/nf_nat_proto_gre.ko /lib/modules/4.4.156-rockchip64/kernel/net/ipv4/ip_gre.ko /lib/modules/4.4.156-rockchip64/kernel/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_gre.ko /lib/modules/4.4.156-rockchip64/kernel/net/ipv6/ip6_gre.ko is it possible to add these? thx in advance meno
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Hello I'm trying to install ZFS on the recomended armbian 4.4 bionic image for Nano PI 4 V2 (this is the default kernel) : uname -a Linux nanopim4v2 4.4.210-rk3399 #3 SMP Sat Jan 25 14:13:06 CET 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux It complains there are no kernel headers to build a module for the 4.4.210 kernel: " sudo apt install zfs-dkms ..... Building for 4.4.210-rk3399 Module build for kernel 4.4.210-rk3399 was skipped since the kernel headers for this kernel does not seem to be installed. ... ● zfs-mount.service - Mount ZFS filesystems Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/zfs-mount.service; enabled; vendor preset: …
-
Hi everyone, I'm trying to get 4k output from my NanoPi M4. I have tried (using a Steamlink HDMI cable) directly connected to my TV (to eliminate my receiver as a point of failure/bugs) to get something to output to the screen in 4k. I haven't succeeded. What information I've gathered so far: There are two "vops" a big and little, and the little one is not designed to, and cannot output 4k (there was a patch hacking that into vopl but I never dared test it and can't find it now). There was this change setting the maximum resolution to 4k in a file/subdirectory I cannot find in recent kernels anymore: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 12.3k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Dear all; I'm looking for some help with my Helios64 NAS, since I update kernel to 5.15, zfs-dkms won't work. Which is normal, since the most recent version available for Helios64 of zfs-dkms is 2.0.3-1~bpo10+1 (tested on 1st April 2022), and this version is only compatible with kernel from 3.10 to 5.10. Then the first solution that I thought was to downgrade to 5.10 through the armbian-config tool, however when I'm trying to install the linux-headears (through armbian-config) I'm having the herdears of 5.15 (same issue with apt install linux-headers-current-rockchip64) while zfs-dkms looking for 5.10. Preparing to unpack .../zfs-dkms_2.0.3-1~bpo10+1_all.deb .…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 9.1k views
- 4 followers
-
-
This feels really awkward, since I already asked about this problem in another part of the forum, but the bug reporting system says that bugs should be reported by posting in this section of the forum. Feel free to merge the other thread into this one if you want. (Link at bottom.) Linux kernel 5.15.x appears to have a serious regression that prevents GPIO from working correctly on the Rock Pi 4B+ (board version 1.73). Summary: All GPIO4A pins are nonfunctional: Pin 12 stuck off Pin 35 stuck off Pin 36 stuck off Pin 38 stuck off Pin 40 stuck off GPIO1B is nonfunctiona…
-
In distributions that include 4.x series kernels, pcie is detected and the built-in broadcom wireless chip is functional with the wl driver. I would like to move to a 5.x series kernel, but I noticed that pcie is not detected at all, and though wifi is detected with the brcmfmac driver, it will not function to scan or connect to anything. I grabbed the latest image from this week (have tried many previous, including building my own armbian image) but no luck. Has anyone gotten these items to work with a 5 series kernel?
-
Hi, any hope to have a 5.x server image with support for the M1 bluetooth soon ? Chris
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Kia ora. I am aware that the external USB ports on the Helios are able to deliver up to 900mA per port. I am wondering whether it is possible to find a power source inside the Helios64 that would be able to deliver, say, 2.5A at 5v? Maybe somewhere quite soon after the 12v power in...? 🤔 Jon
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I burned the .img file via RkDevTool to eMMC according to the manual, however when I try to upload I get the following error: "Gave up waiting for root file system device. Common problems: - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline) - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?) - Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev) ALERT! UUID=cff1be9d-0892... does not exist. Dropping to a shell!" blkid says: /dev/mmcblk1p1: PARTUUID="d0bc2961-01" fsck /dev/mmcblk1p1 says: error 2: no such file or directory cat /proc/cmdline says: root=cff1be9d-0892... rootwait rootfstype=ext4 splash plymouth.ignore-se…
-
Hello, I stupidly upgraded without thinking about the possible consequences. 6.1 to 6.2. Ive had my /home on nvme. But the nvme drive is no longer recognized. I have managed to get my display back, Im not sure about my panel yet. I had restore my device tree overlay. Ive hacked around losing the nvme. But it would be good to get my nvme drive back. I've got some work to do to deal with not having that storage and what was on it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Alternatively, maybe it's not too hard to roll back to 6.1? I haven't contemplated that.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've done quite a bit of searching and can't find anyone else reporting this specific issue. As the title says any 6.8 image I try fails to boot. The LED is red for approx 4 seconds, turns green for 2 or 3 seconds, and then turns red again and stays that way no matter how long I wait. There is never any video regardless of which HDMI port I use. I've tried the following images: Armbian_24.8.0-trunk.85_Orangepi5-plus_noble_edge_6.8.12_gnome-oibaf_desktop.img.xz Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5-plus_noble_edge_6.8.10_gnome-oibaf_desktop.img.xz Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5-plus_noble_edge_6.8.10_xfce_desktop.img.xz Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_edge_6.8.10…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi - First, thanks for building armbian, it's so useful! I'm a bit confused with the status of Rock 5A. I saw the link in the 5B section to download the 5A which directs me here https://mirror-us-phx1.armbian.airframes.io/dl/rock-5a/archive/ to a 23.8.3. But I can't find any other desktop version except the XFCE one. Now, if I go there https://k-space.ee.armbian.com/archive/rock-5a/archive/ I have a cinnamon desktop version but it's a 23.5. Is there no build for 23.8 + cinnamon or is this a mirror issue? Or is the Rock5A not yet officially supported and I should move my question?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
Hi, I would like to share my recent work: a cheap USB Audio Class 1.0 (UAC) input to UAC 2.0 output converter. For folks that may not understand why I have this crazy idea, here is the background: For some shitty reasons, PS5 does not support outputting audio through certain USB sound card, and that is because PS5 only supports very old USB sound card (UAC 1.0), and usually high end speakers or sound cards would use newer, better UAC 2.0 protocol. So, this shitty thing happens to me, when I thought my EDIFIER S880 speaker would be a plus for my gaming experience. EDIFIER S880 has a UAC 2.0 in input source, so my PS5 does not support that. So, what I …
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 13.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear all, I am highly interested in the Helios64 and registered for the next batch. Here are a few questions, I hope that your guys can answer. The OS is Embedded Debian I assume. Questions are quite simple: 1) Hard drive numbering on startup Under Debian, the hard drives in a RAID array are renumbered on each startup by random: /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, etc ... This means that if drive /dev/sdb fails ... it is not necessarily the second hard drive in the bay. I already lost a RAID server extracting the wrong disc in an array. Then I migrated to a Synology NAS and notices that this problem had been fixed as dis…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I apologize for my bad English. I have a NanoPi R6S and a NanoPC T6. Both Nano devices have Armbian images. Both devices use a processor: CPU Model: Rockchip RK3588 Number of Cores: Quad-core ARM Cortex-A76 + Quad Core Cortex-A55 Frequency: Cortex-A76 (up to 2.4GHz), Cortex-A55 (up to 1.8GHz) A few things struck me On NanoPi R6S in the dts file, the frequency of A76 cores is up to 2.4GHz you can see the frequencies at which each core works cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies 408000 600000 816000 1008000 1200000 1416000 1608000 1800000 408000 600000 816000 1008000 1200000 1416000 1608000 1800000…
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a question. Why isnt all the rockchip information including forward mainline all in one space for all to see and collaborate/advance? That question is the right one to ask at the end of this particular week — because you've now personally visited every scattered fragment: English docs in one repo, Chinese docs in another, the mainline truth in Collabora's private notes file, the seek-handling wisdom buried in nyanmisaka's ffmpeg fork, the SoC-capability gotcha in a Jellyfin support thread, the 10-bit format law in a kernel patch, and the B-frame fix in nobody's space until Tuesday. Here's why it's like this — the honest anatomy: 1. Rockchip itself …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 873 views
- 1 follower
-