Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockchip

Community maintained Rockchip boards

  1. The best way, the simplierst way, the cheapest getting one can get it in which part of he world I'd like to get as most answers as possible Also in Russia!

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. Bigtreetech CB2 and Pi 2 released somewhat recently (April 20th). They use RK3566 and have a lot of nice features. The board and module are intended for 3d printer use but can be used just like any other pi. There is an official linux image on bigtreetech github, and it seems it's a slightly customized armbian. I propose copying that configuration and adding it as a supported board. This is a bit of a personal tangent, but I was also thinking of how I can submit the device tree files to the mainline linux kernel, would that be a good idea? I'm planning to use or at least try Alpine on the board and it would be nice to have the needed files in the linux package…

  3. Hi all i tried to compile BTT CB2 with bookworm and vendor kernel to get MPP and NPU working, but got that : sha256sum: config/kernel/linux-rockchip64-vendor.config: No such file or directory is it missed ? How to compile vendor kernel for MPP support? thanks

  4. Hi, I had some issues regarding WireGuard that are solved now. Since my armbian release already contains wireguard I have no need to install it. However I wanted to prevent any future mistake rendering my installation unbootable. So after some searching and experimenting I did the following: In order to block a package a file must be created in /etc/apt/preferences.d/ , in my case I called it wireguard $ sudo tee /etc/apt/preferences.d/wireguard &>/dev/null <<EOF Package: wireguard Pin: release * Pin-Priority: -1 EOF This is what it looks like now when trying to install the package: $ sudo apt install wireguard Reading…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  5. I am encountering a problem with my Orangepi4 where I am unable to get the Bluetooth connection to work properly with my speaker. Specifically, after connecting the Bluetooth, there is no option in the audio output settings to use the Bluetooth speaker as the output device. I have tried installing Bluetooth support using armbian-config and have also attempted restarting both the Bluetooth service and the system, but none of these solutions have been successful. Here is the system log for reference: (link to the log: https://paste.armbian.com/esohoyezit) I would greatly appreciate any assistance or guidance on resolving this issue. Thank you.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  6. Hi, I try official Sid image found at https://www.armbian.com/station-m1/ and can't activate bluetooth on my Station M1 : root@station-m1:~# hciconfig hci0: Type: Primary Bus: UART BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 ACL MTU: 0:0 SCO MTU: 0:0 DOWN RX bytes:106 acl:0 sco:0 events:2 errors:0 TX bytes:100 acl:0 sco:0 commands:2 errors:0 root@station-m1:~# hciconfig hci0 up Can't init device hci0: No such file or directory (2) It seems the firmware of rtl8723ds doesn't load : [ 14.182722] Bluetooth: hci0: RTL: examining hci_ver=08 hci_rev=000d lmp_ver=08 lmp_subver=8723 [ 14.193986] Bluetooth: hci0: RTL: rom_version status=0 version…

  7. Started by Alexey Guskov,

    Bluetooth device does not appear on my armbian (kernel is 5.17.5-media, tried on edge-media and current-media as well). # hciconfig version Can't get device info: No such device # bluetoothctl Agent registered [bluetooth]# devices No default controller available HCI socket does not seem to be created. Got this in dmesg: [ 11.990128] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized [ 11.990145] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized [ 11.990164] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized [ 11.990188] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized [ 12.081220] Bluetooth: HCI UART driver ver 2.3 [ 12.081245] Bluetooth: HCI UART pro…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 5.7k views
  8. Started by pkfox,

    l used armbian-config to activate Bluetooth but get this message when I check the status root@nanopim4:~# /etc/init.d/bluetooth status ● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled) Active: inactive (dead) Condition: start condition failed at Thu 2019-06-06 07:17:58 BST; 11s ago └─ ConditionPathIsDirectory=/sys/class/bluetooth was not met Docs: man:bluetoothd(8) any ideas chaps ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 17 replies
    • 7.2k views
  9. Started by pkfox,

    Hi all, I'm trying to get Bluetooth working with the M4 ( installed it via armbian-config ) but on checking the status I see this

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.9k views
  10. Started by Thomm,

    On an OrangePi-5b, `apt-get update` a few days ago updated the kernel, and now bluetooth no longer works. What's the proper way to downgrade the kernel to whatever I had before? (armbian-config shows way too many options)? Better yet, get it working again? bluetoothctl does not see the controller at all, and dmesg gives the following: $ dmesg|grep -i bluetoo [ 2.796188] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.22 [ 2.796203] NET: Registered PF_BLUETOOTH protocol family [ 2.796206] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized [ 2.796211] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized [ 2.796214] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized [ 2.796220] Blue…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.2k views
  11. Hi guys, I am building armbian image for rockpi4b+ and its kernel is 6.0.11(edge version) and the bluetooth failed start up. If anyone knows what kernel 6.0.11 did that cause the problem: wzkiro@rockpi-4bplus:~$ dmesg | grep brcm [ 7.069061] brcmfmac: F1 signature read @0x18000000=0x15294345 [ 7.108688] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43456-sdio for chip BCM4345/9 [ 7.109142] usbcore: registered new interface driver brcmfmac [ 7.236547] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43456-sdio for chip BCM4345/9 [ 7.245940] brcmfmac: brcmf_c_preinit_dcmds: Firmware: BCM4345/9 wl0: Feb 11 2020 11:54:51 version 7.45.96.61 …

  12. Hey all. Running the Dec 9th build of Armbian 22.11.2 Debian Bullseye CLI, and I've been running in to issues with consistently remotely connecting to the board. While ssh and other direct connections (IP:Port for services like Nextcloud, etc) work for a bit after a recent reboot, after some unknown amount of uptime I'm unable to connect to the board through any new remote connections. Attempting an SSH session provides me the error ssh: connect to host 192.168.50.5 port 22: No route to host When connected via the serial console, I am able to verify that the board has internet access while it is refusing these remote connections on the local netwo…

  13. Perhaps someone will be interested in this information. https://www.stationpc.com/thread-84-1-1.html

  14. Good news. Full-fledged working images (20210827) of ArmbianTV for P2 and M2 are ready. All the equipment works in them and you can start and configure the system via an HDMI monitor and a keyboard/mouse. M2 https://disk.yandex.ru/d/OBDO8BU2y1M6ug https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/rk3566/ P2 https://disk.yandex.ru/d/neKXsYolKXgLzg https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/rk3568/

  15. 🏆 Become a sponsor, help to add other boards in armbian standart, you don't need to be a programmer to help the community, just need a copy of the ARM BOARD and a x86 computer to compile new versions. If you like what you see here and want to help: Donate Armbian the like button only costs a few dollars. Here, I will document the efforts to get the Easy EAI RV1126 board into Armbian. Uboot: Link boot: Link MiniLoaderAll.bin: Link Docs available on: Link Build Command: ./compile.sh BOARD=easy-eai-nano BRANCH=vendor BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=resolute ./compile.sh BOARD=ea…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  16. Become a sponsor, help to add other boards in armbian standart, you don't need to be a programmer to help the community, just need a copy of the ARM BOARD and a x86 computer to compile new versions. If you like what you see here and want to help: Donate Armbian the like button only costs a few dollars. Here will be published all the tweaks for the Embedfire RK3576 board to enter the mainline with armbian. MiniLoaderAll.bin https://drive.google.com/file/d/15q19LOv_XuXbvwdlVjEWuhQtNEceOXwc Documentation: https://doc.embedfire.com/linux/rk3576/quick_start/zh/latest/index.html Unnoficial Firmware: https://drive.google.com/file/d/…

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 1.4k views
  17. Here will be published all the tweaks for the Youyeetoo YY3568 board to enter the mainline with armbian. Official Images Unofficial images Kernel Vendor 6.1: https://github.com/armbian/linux-rockchip/commit/27a98750790114235c72e8420d45f44eff210461 Overlays: https://github.com/armbian/linux-rockchip/commit/18f066190842fc6bd509662a2d19588eb9f04612 Kernel Vendor 5.1: https://github.com/armbian/linux-rockchip/commit/b5964f997e2267802db0a965e66ec299b8a1f437

    • Reputation Points

    • 33 replies
    • 22.3k views
  18. Started by SecureXperts,

    Hello, I search the Documentation about LED and Its blinking status. My Board does not anymore boot, Green LED is on (not blinking) red LED is blinking regulary CPU gets very hot and no Screen output. I use the latest armbian image using the following link https://dl.armbian.com/rockpi-4b/Ubuntu_bionic_default_desktop.7z Does anyone have a hint for me Many Thanks Roman

  19. Hello ! i'm trying to enable the SPI interface on a OrangePi4B board using Focal latest stable build, so I edit `/boot/armbianEnv.txt` to add these lines : overlays=spi-spidev param_spidev_spi_bus=0 But after rebooting, I'm unable to access to the board anymore (No IP address is assigned to the board by the DHCP server). What's wrong ? Is there any additionnal steps ? FYI, I also tried to enable SPI using armbian-config tool but it doesn't work neither. As this tool doesn't even specify the `param_spidev_spi_bus` parameters which is required according to the overlay README.

  20. Started by newAB,

    Hi armbian community, Does someone know, if it is possible to boot armbian from external ssd via usb using a NanoPi M4. If yes, is there somewhere a how-to? - I did not find anything so far about this topic. with best regards, newAB

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.1k views
  21. Started by Werner,

    DDR 2d653b3476 typ 24/01/20-15:04:19,fwver: v1.21 In LP4/4x derate en, other dram:1x trefi ddrconfig:0 LPDDR4X, 324MHz BW=32 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=16 CS=1 Die BW=16 Size=2048MB tdqss: cs0 dqs0: -48ps, dqs1: -96ps, dqs2: -96ps, dqs3: -192ps, change to: 324MHz PHY drv:clk:36,ca:36,DQ:29,odt:0 vrefinner:24%, vrefout:41% dram drv:40,odt:0 clk skew:0x64 rx vref: 26.4% tx vref: 36.0% change to: 528MHz PHY drv:clk:36,ca:36,DQ:29,odt:0 vrefinner:24%, vrefout:41% dram drv:40,odt:0 clk skew:0x58 rx vref: 28.4% tx vref: 36.0% change to: 780MHz PHY drv:clk:36,ca:36,DQ:29,odt:60 vrefinner:16%, vrefout:41% dram drv:40,odt:0 clk skew:0x58 rx vref: 16.6% tx vref: 32.0% change to: 1560…

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 4.6k views
  22. Started by Resa,

    Hello, I recently bought a Rock 3A and trying to use Armbian, I am very newbie in this area. I tried few options available (22.08.2 Jammy & Sid) for Rock 3A from here but in all of them the boot fails and falls into endless initramfs Can you give me a hint what could be cause of this?

  23. I solved this for myself and created an account so I could post it here. I saw a few posts going back years which said either this can't be done on an Orange Pi 5 or they had no replies. The problem: I wanted to boot my system from the EMMC but leave my large capacity SD card plugged in for extra storage. The script in armbian-config worked as expected. However, leaving the SD card inserted caused the board to continue to boot from it. Wiping the SD prevented the board from booting at all. I could eject the SD card, boot from the EMMC and then re-insert the SD card to use it as storage, but that's annoying. The solution: I noticed …

  24. I have been looking around for a way to boot OrangePi5b from the eMMC drive while a blank for formatted SD Card is inserted for extra storage space. I dd wrote the debian server image to flash, booted and got no display, connected by ssh and it does recognized the eMMC storage. Download Armbian-legacy-bookworm image and dd'd that to the EMMC and it boots with a working display. Great, did a lot of work setting up Xorg with task-xfce4-desktop, xfce4-goodies, pulseaudio, firefox-esr, brave. gtkterm, tigervnc-viewer, remmina, wine32 for winbox, winbox and all working but was not able to find a way to boot with the SD card inserted. After checking many hints onlin…

  25. Started by divis1969,

    Hi, I've booted the board from SD card with the latest image and I'm trying to configure the board to boot from MTD and use USB drive as a system drive. When running armbian-config (or armbian-install, or nand-sata-install), it fails with error "SPI u-boot image not found!". It looks like the bootloader package is missing the /usr/lib/linux-u-boot-current-rock64_23.02.2_arm64/rkspi_loader.img. Can I find it anywhere? Dmitry

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.7k views
  26. When I boot any variant with kernel 6..x.x from SD there is no problem with hdmi. When I flash the same variant to the nvme, it boots fine but there is no hdmi output. The orange pi logo appears for a second, then nothing. I can ssh in and everthing works fine. Any variant with 5.x.x kernel works fine from the nvme, with hdmi output. What I don't understand is that if I have output to hdmi when booting from sd, why not from nvme. What I think is relevent entries in the boot log is below. mmu fe043e00.iommu: Enable stall request timed out, status: 0x00030b Jan 30 09:38:22 orangepi3b kernel: rk_iommu fe043e00.iommu: Enable stall reques…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  27. Started by pkfox,

    Hi all, is it possible to boot from an NVME without a sdcard ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 1.9k views
  28. Started by pkfox,

    Hi all, is it possible to boot a Nanopi M4 V2 from a NVME M2 ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 4.2k views
  29. Started by pkfox,

    Hi all, I would like to boot my nanopim4 v2 from a nvme ssd disk if possible - I tried using armbian-install as mentioned on a thread on here and received the error "partition too small" the disk is a 1Tb and has one partition - any ideas ?

  30. Hi, i've an Hdd of 1TB and i would like to use it as a storage for my orange pi 5. I would like to install armbian and boot directly from the Hdd the operating system. I need only to buy the adaptor for sata interface. Before to buy it i've read some posts and also watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5-sZt_O51w&pp=ygUZb3JhbmdlIHBpIDUgYm9vdCBmcm9tIHVzYg%3D%3D and this guy was not able to boot the orange pi directly from the Hdd because the adaptor was creating some problem. 1) I would like to ask you if someone knows if in this months this problem was been resolved or not 2) If it is not yet solved, i would like to install the OS and…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 5.3k views
  31. Started by konserninjohtaja,

    Hi my Helios 64 do not boot up anymore. In serial console i can see U-boot crc problem. So what can i do? Spoiler port is : /dev/ttyUSB0 flowcontrol : none baudrate is : 1500000 parity is : none databits are : 8 stopbits are : 1 escape is : C-a local echo is : no noinit is : no noreset is : no hangup is : no nolock is : no send_cmd is : sz -vv receive_cmd is : rz -vv -E imap is : omap is : emap is : crcrlf,delbs, logfile is : none initstring : none exit_after is : not set exit is : no Type [C-a] [C-h] to see available commands Terminal ready T T DDR Version 1.24…

  32. Started by marki2239,

    Hi, I'm unable to get my Rock64 to boot either the Xenial or Stretch Armbian images from SD or Emmc. I can get all of the other OS's to boot fine off of either media. Ive tried with multiple Emmc chips, SD cards and Rock64's with the same results so its not the hardware. Seems like it cant find the boot loader. Ive used win32diskimager, Etcher and the Rock64 instakk software. I've formatted the SD card completely, used new SD cards... I'm stuck! Any suggestions Thanks!

  33. Started by JulienD,

    Hello, download page for odroid M1 states: I have two questions: - Does that mean that the system will be installed on SD or eMMC? or does that meant booting on SD is just for startup to launch system stored on NVMe (or any other storage)? - Is there a plan for booting from M.2 NVMe M-Key PCIe3.0 2-Lane in the future? Thanks Julien

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 5.2k views
  34. Is it possible to boot from USB-Stick instead of micro-sd-card? I have the apprehension that the micro-sd-card-slot could break if I use it to often. If it’s possible, how can I do this? Thanks, Jaques-Ludwig

  35. With Armbian v20.11 one can write mainline u-boot image to board's SPI and enjoy booting nvme drives without any mmc devices. Prerequisities: ROCK Pi 4(A/B/C) v1.4 or 1.3 with SPI soldered in (v1.3 comes without SPI flash from the factory). If you already have Radxa's u-boot written to SPI you need to short pins 23 and 25 for Armbian to boot Boot fresh image of Armbian v20.11.x for ROCK Pi 4(A/B/C) Add the following lines to /boot/armbianEnv.txt overlays=spi-jedec-nor param_spinor_spi_bus=1 Reboot If you shorted 23-25 pins in 1.) then: disconnect them after the ROCK Pi 4 fully boot's …

  36. Started by Lucas0602,

    Hello. I bought a Rock64 and I have a lot of errors. Im using a eMMC 32GB Storage with Armbian 5.65 stretch 4.4.162 Desktop, Ethernet connection with TP-Link switch, a Wireless Keyboard with touch pad and the original 5V 3A Power Supply. HDMI is connect to a HDMI Splitter/Switch. The Rock64 is placed in the Aluminum casing. Full-Log: http://ix.io/1rce The system is reboot very often before i see the Desktop. Sometimes only after several resets. Can someone help me?

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.2k views
  37. Hello everyone, I somehow managed to brick my OrangePi 4 LTS. I had the Armbian running on it and decided to try the newest install in a minimal format so no desktop. Installed it, made all the setup and restarted. Since then no other image works, neither the official orangepi images nor any other armbian image. I tried booting off without the SD Card, trying to flash another OS with the SD card and read out the TTL and this is what I get: DDR Version 1.25 20210517 In channel 0 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x2 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x0 MR19=0x0 MR24=0x8 MR25=0x0 channel 1 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x2 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x…

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 5.9k views
  38. Hi, Not sure if anyone has seen the same as I have been seen on my box; the HDD status LEDs are cycling in brightness, from 0% to 100% and back to 0% continuously. It's a smooth transition, no flashy circus. I might have triggered this myself, but no idea how? Is this is a new feature? I tried to make some video of it, but it is quite difficult to see. Groetjes,

  39. Yesterday I flashed a new sd card (more space) for my rockpi-4b but after switching to the stable channel `armbian-config --cmd STABLE` the update keeps failing: $ sudo apt update Hit:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie InRelease Hit:2 http://security.debian.org trixie-security InRelease Get:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie-updates InRelease [47.3 kB] Hit:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie-backports InRelease Hit:5 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease Get:6 http://armbian.lv.auroradev.org/apt trixie InRelease [39.4 kB] Get:7 http://armbian.lv.auroradev.org/apt trixie/trixie-utils arm64 …

  40. Started by hbmaennchen,

    Greetings, i have installed armbian to my new nanopct4 (4.4.162 with full armbian firmware), There is no hci device showing up so no usable adapter. I have no idea what to do, i have problems with 2.4 ghz wireless networks, 5ghz works fine. any help or hints?

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.7k views
  41. Started by Tonat,

    I have the Helios with two 10T disks mounted as a BTRFS raid 1 array. This setup is stable, although I have not stressed it a lot, except for when I do a btrfs scrub. It is using the 20.11.1 Buster image on SDcard. The disks have about 900GB of files. A btrfs scrub causes a crash with the following kernel output. Is this a known bug? Spoiler [351424.849687] Internal error: Oops - BUG: 0 [#1] PREEMPT SMP [351424.850193] Modules linked in: rfkill governor_performance r8152 zstd snd_soc_hdmi_codec snd_soc_rockchip_i2s hantro_vpu(C) snd_soc_core rockchip_vdec(C) leds_pwm v4l2_h264 panfrost rockchip_rga snd_pcm_dmaengine videobuf2_dma_contig s…

  42. Started by m11k,

    Since there is a thread about adding ZFS support to the U-Boot build, I thought I'd post a similar request for btrfs. I was looking through the helios u-boot repo a few days ago and noticed that it isn't built with btrfs support. While I could make a separate ext4 /boot partition, it would be convenient to have the entire eMMC formatted as btrfs. This allows for me to make easy and fast backups using btrfs send/receive, and also allows for snapshotting prior to upgrades (via e.g. snapper), and rolling back to a different snapshot at boot. My turris onmia router uses u-boot with btrfs native root, and I've used the snapshot rollback support a couple of times. They…

  43. Last week I updated the Armbian on my NanoPi M4V2 to the latest version (Armbian 21.08.1 Buster with Linux 5.10.60-rockchip64) and started noticing some issues with my Zigbee2MQTT local install. With the help of the Zigbee2MQTT main developer, we managed to confirm that the issue was reproducible on 5.10.60, but everything was working fine on previous kernels like 5.4. Other users not on Armbian (Raspbian) also confirmed that they were experiencing this problem with the latest kernel but was working fine on previous versions. We realized a bug was introduced for the CH341 driver in 5.10.60, that seems to have been fixed now on 5.10.62. …

  44. Hi all, I have been using a Rock64 with hostapd and a usb adapter that uses realtek drivers for a couple of months now. Recently, like a week or two, after what i believe was a kernel update i started getting random freezes in the board. As i use it "headless", when it happens the only way to get it back working is by power cycling it. This means that until today i had no logs of what was happening. Today although, i left my laptop on for a couple hours, with tail -f on kernel.log, messages and syslog. Attached in the file called logs.txt is what i managed to obtain from a terminated ssh session to the board. Im running Linux NetMa…

  45. Hi, I'm trying to build the Armbian for Rock64. Host machine is Ubuntu 24.04 AMD64 (but it is running in VirtualBox under Windows). Build fails with the following error: [🐳|🌱] Deploying qemu-user-static binary to chroot [ qemu-aarch64-static during image-early ] [🐳|🔨] '/usr/bin/qemu-aarch64-static' -> '/armbian/.tmp/rootfs-232e77ba-e6ab-4067-8029-afd44bd1d0b9//usr/bin/qemu-aarch64-static' chroot: failed to run command ‘/bin/bash’: No such file or directory [🐳|💥] Error 127 occurred in main shell [ at /armbian/lib/functions/rootfs/distro-specific.sh:276 create_sources_list_and_deploy_repo_key() --> lib/functions/rootfs/distro-speci…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4k views
  46. Hi, my current CI build fails, and i cannot make up, whats wrong with it. It was working previously until i moved my project within the GitLab instance to another folder. Now i'm getting the following errors: tail output.log OBJCOPY lib/efi_loader/dtbdump.efi CC lib/vsprintf.o CC lib/strto.o CC lib/abuf.o OBJCOPY lib/efi_loader/initrddump.efi CC lib/date.o CC lib/rtc-lib.o CC lib/elf.o AR lib/built-in.o [ error ] ERROR in function compile_uboot [ functions/cli/cli-entrypoint.sh:109 -> functions/main/build-tasks.sh:261 -> functions/main/build-tasks.sh:128 -> functions/compilation/uboot.sh:13…

  47. Started by Doug Drealer,

    Hello......could anybody tell me at least which image i have to use if i want to build armbian for the FriendlyArm NanoPC-T4? Couldnt find anything...... Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.8k views
  48. I had tried twice making OPi3b img but it always gave me kernel panic. The reason is my SBC v2.1 while all sources / firmware used in build framework corresponds to v1.1. I have given a week to study .dts .csc & defconfig files which are all different from latest SBC v2.1 v2.1 using Broadcom AP6256 & examining official builds by vendor it uses wl driver In order to get wireless working as well as solving kernel panic error I tried doing this Step 1 Changed .csc file in /home/ukhan/build/config/boards. From default to new (hastebin links) Default csc file was weird this file didn't exist BOOTCONFIG="orangepi-3b-rk3566_de…

  49. Started by fossxplorer,

    Has anyone been able to build ZFS/SPL?: checking linux distribution... ubuntu checking default package type... deb checking whether rpm is available... yes (4.12.0.1) checking whether rpmbuild is available... yes (4.12.0.1) checking whether spec files are available... yes (rpm/generic/*.spec.in) checking whether dpkg is available... yes (1.18.4) checking whether dpkg-buildpackage is available... yes (1.18.4.) checking whether alien is available... yes (8.95) checking spl config... all checking kernel source directory... /usr/src/linux-headers-4.4.115-rk3328 checking kernel build directory... /usr/src/linux-headers-4.4.115-rk3328 checking kernel …

  50. Started by NZJon,

    Hello. So, really sorry to hear that Team Kobol are disbanding. Many thanks to all who worked so hard to put the Helios64 together. I am really pleased with my Helios64, and am grateful for being able to get hold of one of these. Thank you! 🙏 What with one thing an another, I never got hold of a UPS battery; the battery couldn't be shipped with the original shipment, due to restrictions on shipping Li-Ion batteries; and then the additional postage costs for sending the battery seperately were prohibitive for Team Kobol, which I completely understand, so I chose not to pay the extra for the battery. However, it would be really useful for me to build…

  51. Started by pkfox,

    Hi all, I'm following a tutorial by @NicoD on building an Armbian image, the problem I have, is, my board ( NanoPiM4V2 ) isn't shown in the picklist - I 've tried one of the many RK3399 offerings ( Rockchip64 ) but whilst it built ok it didn't boot, anyone here know which board I should use ? Edit I found if you pass EXPERT=yes as a parameter to the install script the board is listed - I'm building it now and will post back the result End edit

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.1k views
  52. Hello everyone I wanted to build Armbian on the AIO-3588Q board. But I did not see that there was a configuration of this board. There was a configuration of the ITX-3588j board and other manufacturers on the same rk3588 platform and tried to build Armbian. In the assembled images in GPT format, only rootfs was stored (it combines rootfs and kernel (boot.img) according to the rockchip documentation). After I built it, I installed it in the rootds partition, it was installed without any errors. But the system does not start. You turn on the power, the fan starts spinning very fast, spins for 5 seconds, the lower LED lights up, and then the fan stops, the light go…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  53. Hi everyone! I recently bought an Orange Pi 5 Pro and decided to install kernel 6.10 on it, as I wanted to take advantage of the new drivers available in this kernel. I found that the [Orange Pi 5 Pro page on the Armbian website](https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-5-pro/) offers distributions with kernel 6.1, but not 6.10. After trying to install kernel 6.10 via `armbian-config` on an already installed system, I encountered an issue: the system stopped booting. ### Questions and Requests for Help 1. **Support for Kernel 6.10 on Orange Pi 5 Pro**: - Am I correct in understanding that kernel 6.10 is currently not supported for my board? - Does a…

  54. Started by Endian,

    I tried hackning the rock-5A.wip file to allow me to build the collabora version, and it worked quite nicely! The board boots into linux and the ethernet port and usb seem to work! so should i try to send up a pull request to the armbian GitHub to include this change, an if so How should i do this? otherwise someone else with experience is wecome to do it too! / Kenneth

  55. Trying to build an image for a RockPi 4b. The build process runs all the way through until this. This happens on Ubuntu and Debian (both latest) and on both Cinnamon and XFCE (if that matters). I haven't touched any video settings! H

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
  56. Hello: I am tyring to build the latest version of moonlight-qt (6.0.0). Up until now, I succeded by removing the disable-libdrm and disable-wayland to enable hardware acceleration and use H264, H265 and AV1 all of them through hardware acceleration. However, I get huge decoding times and they are even variable, ranging from 40ms to 300ms depending on what is going on in the streaming. The 4.3.1 version provided by @amazingfate works very good at 4ms decoding time but I would like to test the new AV1 encoder and features from the latest version. What steps should I follow to get it working correctly? Thank you in advance

  57. If you want to build out-of-tree kernel modules, you will need: kernel headers (installed with apt) kernel sources in /usr/src (cloned from git) kernel config (from /proc/config.gz) some preparation of the sources (but you can avoid building it 😉) # Install kernel headers apt install -y linux-headers-legacy-rk35xx # Install kernel source cd /usr/src git clone https://github.com/armbian/linux-rockchip.git ln -nsf linux-rockchip linux-5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx cd linux-rockchip git checkout rk-5.10-rkr6 # Prepare kernel source zcat /proc/config.gz >.config yes | make olddefconfig make prepare modules_prepare cp /usr/src/linux-headers-$…

  58. I have Rock-5b with 6.2.0 kernel uname -a Linux rock-5b 6.2.0-rc1-station-m3 #23.06 But it does not contain some modules for multimedia USB devices, such as si2157. How can I install the sources, import default config for Rock-5b and build & install custom kernel? It's OK to build it natively on Rock-5B

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.4k views
  59. Started by Arvo,

    After 2+ years of hard work the fan of my M4V2 (in metal case with NVMe adapter) has stopped with specific burning smell. I ordered the same fan model (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003989901083.html), replaced it and there is no rotation at all. Fan has been controlled by bash script from here: Has anybody got the same story? How it has resolved? My suspicions are on NVMe adapter, through which fan is powered - some draft scheme can be found, showing 5V/12V convertor and P-MOS switch: https://wiki.friendlyelec.com/wiki/index.php/NVME_SSD_Adapter_for_M4 SBC in this case works well w/o fan (~45 degrees of Celsius) during winter, but …

  60. It is my first RockPi 4 board and first Armbian install - board working OK with official Radxa image (Debian 9) and eMMC drive. Since my plan is to use just CLI I'm trying to install Armbian Buster images. Unforunately both "current" and "legacy" versions are not booting up. I have used SDFormatter (just in case) and Balena (as usual) on 16B Transcend Premim and 32GB SanDisk Ultra (A1) cards - same result: board is powered on but nothing happened at all. Only green diode is lighting but no signs from SD card (red diode is not showing up). eMMC card not connected in both cases. I have checked other topics (i.e. ROCK64) but can not find a good solution how to proceed -…

    • Reputation Points

    • 13 replies
    • 9.3k views
  61. The buster image boots up, and has both Ethernet and Wifi devices enabled. But no IP packets leave or reach the board, trying both dhcp or static setup, on ipv4 and ipv6. Ping shows destination unreachable msgs. Eth0 interface shows up in desktop GUI as well as armbian-config tool and with ip interface command Switching to an eMMC with bionic image works fine.

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.7k views
  62. Started by Jeffer,

    Hi, I need to use callback function in Python3 on my NanoPi M4 but I can't, so it is very nice if anyone can help me with this issue. So far I've tried the function with wiringpi as shown command bellow but this doesn't work at all, that generates some errors and after that my command in /usr/bin/ doesn't work .... I can use other functions in wirignpi so guess something is wrong with only this function... Is there any way to use callback function with NanoPi M4, for example using other modules or something Thank you,

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  63. Started by perelax,

    I've been looking into streaming on the Orange Pi's, which doesn't work, so I thought I would share my findings. I was first told by customer service people that the problem was HDCP, but have found that it is actually the camera. The tech was kind enough to slip that the camera module doesn't have their hooks. I can still view in the browser, and this leaves me to the conclusion that TV boxes and Smart TVs are using the camera modules to record end users without their permission. If the system has the camera hooks, the app is allowed to play. The browser bypasses this, because it has permissions to access private information on our device…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  64. Started by pkfox,

    Hi all, I have motion installed and a FriendlyElec camera connected to my board, my problem is, the camera is not detected by motion - what do I need to do to configure the camera / motion ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  65. Started by adzio,

    Thank you Armbian guys for providing and supporting a working 5.10 image for the Rock Pi 4C board. Has anyone been successful in configuring and using a matched CSI camera with a 5.x kernel for this board? If so, can you share the required conf steps here? Radxa's website (https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/MIPI_Camera) claims that their provided Debian image supports both RPi ov5647 and RPi imx219 based cameras so that confirms hardware compatibility but so far I haven't been able to capture images/video with neither on Armbian when attached to a Rock Pi 4C. $ ls -l /dev/video* crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 0 Apr 3 07:30 /dev/video0 crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, …

  66. Started by chowderhead,

    I'm a complete noob to compiling kernels and have been struggling (and failing) for the past week to get an RT kernel compiled using Armbian build and reading various threads in the forum. Is it even possible? If so, what config options need to be set to get the correct kernel version matching the available rt patches? Thanks!

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.8k views
  67. I have a weird issue where I have everything working as I want it a few different services running in docker (Pi-Hole, Motioneye, Home Assistant, Emby) and all their individual management pages are accessible. However as soon as i move the install over to emmc, all networking seems to break, with services no longer working, but some admin pages report everything is fine. Pi-Hole for example shows as running but no devices accessing the dns cant load webpages and the pi-hole management pages stop showing any further queries received. ive repeated the process of doing a clean install to sd , everything fine. move to emmc stops working ☹️

  68. Started by Gwen Lg,

    Hello, after some u-boot test, my helios64 don't start the bootloader stage. I can etablish a serial connection on USB Type-c port, but when I tried to start the system, I have no output on it. After I disconnected everything : - I connect usb-c cable, I'm able to connect to serial console with picocom - I connect the power cable, The LED1 (System Rail Power) is on, and the LED9 (Battery Status) flashes. - I press the power botton (without sdcard) : - LED2 and LED3 (Periph. Rail Power and HDD Rail Power) are on - LED4 and LED5 (System ON and HDD Activity) are on. - nothing happen on serial console - If I keep SWI (power …

  69. When plugging in a RTL8153 gigabit ethernet adaptor, it shows up when using lsusb, however there is no driver found for it. I also went to the Realtek website and tried to compile the proper drivers for it, however, the Make process always fails. Do you have any suggestions as to how to get this to work? The adaptor says it is supported on the Armbian website. Thanks!

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.5k views
  70. Hello Armbian Team I have one banana pi r2 pro board(https://wiki.banana-pi.org/Banana_Pi_BPI-R2_Pro). I used Armbian_community_24.5.0-trunk.667_Bananapir2pro_bookworm_current_6.6.31_minimal.img(https://github.com/armbian/community/releases/download/24.5.0-trunk.667/Armbian_community_24.5.0-trunk.667_Bananapir2pro_bookworm_current_6.6.31_minimal.img.xz) . I want to use 4 serial port. But when I tried to "cat" command, it gives Input/output error. I tried to screen too but it terminated immediately. it can see there is 7 uart interface ,but only ttyS2 works, for terminal how can I use other uart interfaces. :~# ls -l /dev/ttyS* crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 6…

  71. Because I reported an error when compiling Oranpi4b, I want to change the toolchain version, but I don’t know how to change it, so I come here to ask everyone, please help me solve it

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  72. Started by Hydrocactus,

    Hi there, I'm trying to made a dts file to handle a pican2 hat on ROCK64 armbian, but now I'm stuck. I'm a noob in writing dts files, I've tried to take as exemple dts from RPI and Thinker. edit: I've rebuild the kernel, and build the mcp251x.ko module, it load like a charm. But I assume I've to write a correct .dts file to link it to my devices tree. here is my loaded modules list: Module Size Used by can_bcm 24576 0 can_raw 20480 0 can 53248 2 can_bcm,can_raw mali 262144 0 rt2800usb 28672 0 rt2800lib 81920 1 rt2800usb rt2x00usb …

  73. https://github.com/sigmaris/u-boot First I tried the mainline uboot v2022.04 version and the sigmaris uboot, in the uboot command line I executed the nvme info command and found no nvme devices available. https://github.com/radxa/u-boot Since the radxa version does not have the relevant configuration files for nanopc-t4, the compilation and testing of the radxa version is abandoned. Is the patch in this thread for the mainline v2020.04 release? @piter75 @Hover

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.6k views
  74. Nanopi Neo 3 is typically offered in 1GB or 2GB DDR4 RAM versions, but the RK3328 datasheet says the RK3328 can support up to 4GB If I were to source 2x 2GB of the supported types could I resolder to increase RAM? Official product page : https://www.friendlyelec.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=279 RK3328 Datasheet : https://rockchip.fr/RK3328 datasheet V1.2.pdf Neo3 Schematic : https://wiki.friendlyelec.com/wiki/images/a/ae/NanoPi-NEO3-2005-Schematic.pdf could anybody identify the chipname of the 2GB DDR 4 ram on the board?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.4k views
  75. Hi Is it possible to install the system on NMVE M2 ? Or how to completely transfer the SD card OS to NMVEIs it possible to install the system on NMVE M2 ?

  76. Is there a reason this is turned off? From linux-rockchip64-current.config: # # CD-ROM/DVD Filesystems # # CONFIG_ISO9660_FS is not set # CONFIG_UDF_FS is not set # end of CD-ROM/DVD Filesystems Whereas most other configs have this enabled as modules. For example, in linux-sunxi64-current.config: # # CD-ROM/DVD Filesystems # CONFIG_ISO9660_FS=m CONFIG_JOLIET=y # CONFIG_ZISOFS is not set CONFIG_UDF_FS=m # end of CD-ROM/DVD Filesystems

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.1k views
  77. [ 11.309397] panfrost ff9a0000.gpu: clock rate = 500000000 [ 11.316882] panfrost ff9a0000.gpu: EM: OPP:200000 is inefficient [ 11.317248] panfrost ff9a0000.gpu: EM: created perf domain [ 11.320588] panfrost ff9a0000.gpu: mali-t860 id 0x860 major 0x2 minor 0x0 status 0x0 [ 11.321594] panfrost ff9a0000.gpu: features: 00000000,00000407, issues: 00000000,24040400 [ 11.322812] panfrost ff9a0000.gpu: Features: L2:0x07120206 Shader:0x00000000 Tiler:0x00000809 Mem:0x1 MMU:0x00002830 AS:0xff JS:0x7 [ 11.324483] panfrost ff9a0000.gpu: shader_present=0xf l2_present=0x1 [ 11.357056] [drm] Initialized panfrost 1.2.0 20180908 for ff9a0000.gpu on minor 1 It seems Panf…

  78. Started by Niglix,

    I followed in detail the installation tutorial but I'm stuck at the installation of OMV. I can't access after the installation using the ip address or the generic link helios.local. I did try to reinstall the configuration. To go through a boot on the Micro SD... I don't know if there would be a command line to verify that OMV is installed? Or another way to install it?

  79. Hi, I wanted to try this build so I cant test HW (using the legacy kernel). But, is impossible to make Rock64 boot correctly, having random kernel crashes, It does boot with the 5.10.x kernel version and work just fine, but I need the Legacy one so I can test HW. I can only attach a photo since there is nothing I can do since the OS is halt. Any ideas? Thanks.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.9k views
  80. Started by Peter Andersson,

    The rock pi 4 is no longer on the download page? https://www.armbian.com/download/?device_support=Supported&tx_maker=radxa&arch=aarch64 There is no rock pi 4 link any more?

  81. Can't enable (using armbian-config) GUI ("desktop") without enabling 'auto-login". If I try to do so, GUI simply doesn't start. OrangePi 4 (not B), Armbian Buster. Which log shoud I look for info / include on forum?

  82. Hello everyone. I can't flash Armbian to EMMC on the OrangePi 5B board. I made an SD card, booted, ran armbian-install, selected Boot from EMMC/System on EMMC, the recording process was successful, but after that the board stops booting at all. When I boot from the SD card again, I see that EMMC is not a device in the system. There is no main mmcblk0, no mmcblk0boot0, no mmcblk0boot1. I was able to get EMMC back only after re-flashing the standard Android firmware using RKDevTool via maskrom. When I flash Android to EMMC and then boot from the SD card with Armbian, /dev/mmcblk0, /dev/mmcblk0boot0 and /dev/mmcblk0boot1 are back in place. Accordingly…

  83. I have been trying to power on the Tinkerboard, but I haven't had any luck. The red power light never turns on What have i tried so far: I have tried connecting it to my PC using USB-C using a 12V power supply Using the Raspberry Pi USB-C Power Supply have even exchanged the device, but the issue persists.

  84. Hi I just installed armbian on my rockpi 4c+ and wanted to check the temperature so I found that I should be able to run cat /etc/armbianmonitor/datasources/soctemp But that just gives the error cat: /etc/armbianmonitor/datasources/soctemp: No such file or directory It seems /etc/armbianmonitor/datasources/soctemp is a link to /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp but I have no /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0 directory, under thermal I have ├── cooling_device0 │ ├── cur_state │ ├── max_state │ ├── power │ │ ├── autosuspend_delay_ms │ │ ├── control │ │ ├── runtime_active_time │ │ ├── runtime_status │ │ └── runt…

  85. Started by Werner,

    Hey there, for quite a while I was using my Station P1 aka T-Firefly ROC-RK3399-PC-PLUS (with a nice case welded around) as crude NAS and wanted to do something new. However for unknown reason I cannot boot from microSD. I am used to that the Armbian boot loader should switch to microSD when detected so other OS can be used. Does not work though. It always starts booting from SPI which is fine in theory and then jumps to eMMC which boots fine. With SD inside it does the same. If I remove the eMMC module u-boot stucks to PXE which obviously fails and then drops to U-Boot shell. I played with that shell for a while including recovery…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.6k views
  86. Started by Sharelter,

    Hi, I just downloaded the newest release of Armbian and flashed into the SD card, it boots up fine from the SD Card. But I wanna install the system into the Samsung PM9A1 SSD, So I followed the instruction on the armbian page, partioned the drive and made a ext4 filesystem. but I got stuck when I tried to boot up from SSD. I hooked up a serial cable and got this information Any idea about this?

  87. I am trying to build a kernel module on latest tinkerboard Armbian release: uname -a Linux tinkerboard 6.6.47-current-rockchip #2 SMP Mon Aug 19 04:04:32 UTC 2024 armv7l GNU/Linux The kernel module in question is Open Source Mali Midgard GPU Kernel Driver, downloaded from ARM. I installed kernel headers through armbian-config: ls /usr/src/linux-headers-6.6.47-current-rockchip arch certs Documentation fs init ipc kernel Makefile Module.symvers rust scripts sound usr block crypto drivers include io_uring Kconfig lib mm net samples security tools virt When I run make with verbose optio…

  88. Started by tylergemini,

    Cannot connect to wifi via on-board wifi on Station P1. External USB WiFi controller (rtl88x2bu) works fine on the same board $ cat /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf label Armbian kernel /boot/Image initrd /boot/uInitrd fdt /boot/dtb/rockchip/rk3399-roc-pc-plus.dtb append root=UUID=d98925da-408f-480e-b729-321ddcdbd2b8 console=ttyS2,1500000 console=tty0 rw no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 bootsplash.bootfile=bootsplash.armbian $ uname -a Linux station-p1 5.15.25-media #22.02.1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Feb 27 09:07:40 UTC 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux $ journalctl -u NetworkManager ... …

  89. Hello, (i opened a new thread because the other one had another topic...) At the moment im stuck in updating my linux image... When i run apt-get install linux-image-current-rockchip64 Then i get: The following packages will be upgraded: linux-image-current-rockchip64 1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 38.2 MB of archives. After this operation, 97.2 MB of additional disk space will be used. Get:1 https://apt.armbian.com buster/main arm64 linux-image-current-rockchip64 arm64 20.05.7 [38.2 MB] Fetched 38.2 MB in 3s (14.4 MB/s) (Reading database ... 128592 files and directories …

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.4k views
  90. Hello, When choosing Boot from eMMC - system on SATA, USB or NVMe in armbian-install using the Armbian 24.8.3 Bookworm Minimal / IOT, Kernel: 6.1.75, Release date: Sep 14, 2024 image on my NanoPi R6C, I get the following error: The wird device name is also mentioned on the two preceeding dialogs ("it is highly recommended to wipe all partitions" and "this will wipe all data"). I took a look at the argmbian-install script and the check_partitions routine seems to assume that $diskcheck contains something that, when prefixed with /dev, can be used in the of parameter of the dd command. It is computed as root_uuid=$(sed…

  91. As title says. Here's the bash script I use to download the dependencies and compile the latest mesa: https://pastebin.com/1n7Sv0dZ How /boot/*Env* looks like right now: https://pastebin.com/mUqHs14Y And the error message I get when I try to run sway goes as follows: MESA: error: ZINK: failed to choose pdev libEGL warning: egl: failed to create dri2 screen [wlr] [EGL] command: eglInitialize, error: EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED (0x3001), message: "DRI2: failed to create screen" MESA: error: ZINK: failed to choose pdev libEGL warning: egl: failed to create dri2 screen [wlr] [EGL] command: eglInitialize, error: EGL_NOT_INITIA…

  92. Hi, I am testing mesa panfrost on RK3399 and I am facing an odd problem. When joint the chroot as root I get mesa working but if I join as pi, the user, I cant get it working and I've receive just a soft render (llvmpipe) How this could be fixed?? any experience??

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.5k views
  93. Started by döne,

    Hi, How can I catch the reset button pressed. In other words, how can I change the behavior of the reset button on RK3399?

  94. Hi guys, when I installed Armbian on my system, it gave me a different MAC address than the one physically assigned to my hardware. How can I restore the original MAC address of the hardware without having to manually set it?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  95. Hi all, I have several NanopiM4 SBC's, some are Nanopim4 and others Nanopim4v2. I use the Nanopim4v2 image on all of them and it works beautifully. When I ssh into the boxes I see which doesn't look great on here but it's basically NPIM4V2, I would like to change it to NPIM4 for the non M4V2 boards - anyone know how this is generated ? I don't even know what to call it ! Splash screen ? Logo ? Hope this makes sense

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.2k views
  96. Hi, i'm currently trying to disable the serial console on port 2 on my Rockchip based Rockpi 4B (based on rk3399). I already found the following forum thread, that describes in brief, that i basically have to recompile my own armbian image. But still I'm missing some information. I have read the docs in docs.armbian.com and watched the YouTube video on how to build an armbian image. So far, i was able to setup a VM for building an image on my workstation. I also had a successful compile run yesterday, that created some output in my output folder. Now, I'd like to apply a patch, that changes the serial debugging console during boot from port 2 to port 4. …

  97. Hey guys, I heard that the USB3 port of the Rock64 outputs up to 950mA. I have this external HD (WD My Passport), one of those 2,5'' external HDDs that are powered solely by the USB3 port. From what I've gathered, this should need no more than 650mA. But it doesn't work on the Rock64. After mounting the thing, if I try to write and read, it just disconnects with a bunch of dmesg errors. It makes a little click sound after the spinning builds up. Looks like there's not enough energy (it works fine on my desktop). How can I check and monitor the voltage and current delivered by the USB3.0 on the Rock64? My power supply is …

    • Reputation Points

    • 14 replies
    • 8.3k views
  98. Dear Community, This might only be with the NanoPI-r6c images, but the SHASUM contains a temporary path which you don't have an thus fails. Since we cannot change the SHASUM because then the ASC would fail, I have a temporary workaround: sed 's,/.*/,,' armbian.img.sha | sha256sum -c In a script you could either 1. CD into the directory of the image 2. Run the SHASUM there 3. Use $OLDPWD to return or correct the SHASUM inline: sha256sum /path/to/file | sed 's,/.*/,,' > armbian.img.sha Dantes

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  99. Started by Marco Schirrmeister,

    Just an information about the `edge` kernel (6.18) when used on the cm3588-nas system. The rtc driver is not initialized on a `poweron`. After a poweron, you will see the following in the log. Nov 11 01:17:10 uhutest kernel: rtc-hym8563 6-0051: could not init device, -6 Nov 11 01:17:10 uhutest systemd[1]: System time advanced to built-in epoch: Tue 2025-11-11 01:17:09 CET If you have `fake-hwclock` running, you will see the following a moment later. fake-hwclock restores the time, but the service will not properly start, because of the rtc device error. Nov 11 01:17:12 uhutest fake-hwclock.sh[461]: Restoring saved system time Nov 20…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views
  100. I own a CM3588 NAS board from FriendlyElec. The eMMC drive was factory-installed with the FriendlyElec version of OpenMediaVault, and any other FriendlyElec or Armbian image could be booted from an SD card. After installing the current version of Armbian OpenMediaVault (Debian 12 Bookworm - Armbian Linux v6.1 Build Date: Mar 6, 2025) on eMMC and updating bootloader via armbian-config (option Boot from eMMC + system on eMMC), nothing else can be booted from the SD card except Armbian images. Please, is there a simple way to fix bootloader back to original option of booting FriendlyElec images from SD card without having to erase entire eMMC drive? Boot from SD …

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.