Rockchip
Community maintained Rockchip boards
1626 topics in this forum
-
Looks like OPi4 has two active UART interfaces (ttyS2, S4). S2 is connected to the back 3 pins which are the debug ports, and S4 is uart on pins 19,21. Is there anyway to bring up another interface for UART on Pins 8, 10? Ive tried adding uart1,2,3 etc in armbianEnv file in /boot as well as console=display but non of this works.
-
Thank you for sharing the link. Inspired me to write an overlay for my NanoPC-T4. Now I can attach an additional monitor via my Delock 63959 USB-C to VGA / HDMI / DVI / DisplayPort Adapter with 5.10.0.
-
Reputation Points
- 26 replies
- 12.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am having the issue that after some time running (like a day). Rebooting results in crashing during kernel loading. Than I have to hardreset the system and it boots. If I reboot right away again, no issue. Spoiler [62387.280373] reboot: Restarting system DDR Version 1.24 20191016 In soft reset SRX channel 0 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x1 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x0 MR19=0x0 MR24=0x8 MR25=0x0 channel 1 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x1 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x0 MR19=0x0 MR24=0x8 MR25=0x0 channel 0 training pass! c…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi folks I'm running a fresh install of the Debian branch with 5.X Kernel branch. I got 2 new 4TB HD setup with MDAM in RAID 1 mode to store my photo and documents with Syncloud also running on the HELIOS64. I Got also a 2,5 Sata drive mount and share via Samba to my home network. My Helios64 is plugged via the 2,5GB Ethernet port directly to my Router on the 2,5GB port. I didn't fix the hardware bug, but if I understood it's not necessary in my case ( 2,5GB Ethernet on a 2,5GB Ethernet Router) My problem is that on the same router I got an Apple TV (on ethernet port too) with Infuse app on IT. And there is the problem I got big…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
It’s been 3 months since we posted on our blog. While we have been pretty active on Armbian/Kobol forum for support and still working at improving the software support and stability, we have been developing in parallel the new iteration of Helios64 around the latest Rockchip SoC RK3568. However things haven’t been progressing as fast as we would have wished. Looking back, 2020 has been a very challenging year to deliver a new product and it took quite a toll on the small team we are. Our energy level is a bit low and we still haven’t really recovered. Now with electronic part prices surge and crazy lead time, it’s even harder to have business visibility in an …
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 4.5k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I've been trying to connect a USB hdd for a while now, and depending on the SATA disk and the USB<->Sata adapter I've had different behaviours : * 700mA hdd * Adapter A works, can mount and copy * Adapter B is detected, the SATA device too in dmesg, but does not appear in lsblk. * 1A hdd (Seagate Barracuda 2To 2.5'') * Adapter A seems to be detected, the disk tries to start (sde is showing in dmesg) but usb device disappears, reappears etc ("usb disk bootloop") * Adapter B is not even detected in dmesg or lsusb ! Obviously, the 4 configurations perfectly work on a x86 host. What could be going on ? I'm pr…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 4.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, we have a strange thing here. Since ... (I don't remember), the tray number 2 is not working. We tried with 3 different disks but each of them, when inserted in tray n2, aren't start. Why ? And how to fix that ? Thank you. PS: other trays (n1, n3, n4, n5) are ok.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
NVMe hard disk is not recognized anymore after last firmware/image update. localhost kernel: rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: PCIe link training gen1 timeout! localhost kernel: rockchip-pcie: probe of f8000000.pcie failed with error -110
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Very interested in the Helios64, but can't help but to notice the rockchip cpu in it is 5+ years old at this point. Any plans to upgrade it to a more modern cpu? At this price range I'd probably lean towards an Odroid H2+ with a celeron J1114 chip which has like 2-3x the multicore performance and a similar TDP
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Checked latest armbian buster and focal. In both disks, connected to second USB (not the middle one) not recognized (nor fdisk -l, nor dmesg). In friendlywrt both USB ports work as expected. Hirsute 10.4.21 also fine.
-
Hi, I'm struggling to get some sound through a PCM5102a module connected to GPIOs. I guess I've to make a dts-overlay to enable it on i2s0 but I didn't succeed, I'm very new to that. Could anyone tell me how to achieve that ? Many thanks for your work !
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello guys! Recently I bought a Helios64 NAS and now I am playing around with it. My intention is to set it up as I need it, but I also want to understand how the system works. The last weeks I did a huge effort to read everything about what armbian exactly is, how it works, and also how the boot process works. I would say I have a good overview of the topics right now, but now I am at a point where I need your help. My intention right now is the following: I want to make an automatic backup system, which runs regularly and saves the backups incrementally on an external HDD. The idea is: When I am messing up my system (which I certainly will when p…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 14.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
While I like having the helios-ups.timer in case of power failure, I don't like that my logs get three lines written to them every 20 seconds. Apr 09 07:43:26 helios64 systemd[1]: Starting Helios64 UPS Action... Apr 09 07:43:26 helios64 systemd[1]: helios64-ups.service: Succeeded. Apr 09 07:43:26 helios64 systemd[1]: Finished Helios64 UPS Action. Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the timer on but not fill the logs this way? Everything I've found about silencing systemd messages is about the output of the command, not the systemd activity itself.
-
I'm in the process of upgrading my network and with the Helios64 capable of 2.5 GbE, what are some people's switch recommendations? My needs aren't really too high so I think 5 ports should be enough until the rest of the infrastructure catches up in my home network. My short-list are: * QNAP QSW-1105-5T * TP Link TL-SG105-M2 * TRENDnet TEG-S350 Article from servethehome
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I am trying to get a camera going on the Nanopi-m4 (I have tried another board as well with similar results). The sensor is setup in the device tree correctly and gets probed on boot. However there are some issues when loading rkisp1. [ 5.645127] rkisp1 ff920000.isp1: Adding to iommu group 5 [ 5.645695] rkisp1 ff920000.isp1: Failed to get clk 'clk_isp': -2 [ 5.645814] rkisp1: probe of ff920000.isp1 failed with error -2 My understanding with Failed to get is because it is either being used by another resource or was not defined correctly. Below are my entries in the device tree for the isp. I am using `isp1` in this case, I am assuming as wel…
-
Title says it all: The Images offers by the site https://www.armbian.com/nanopineo3/ simply doesn't work on a NanoPi Neo3. I don't have a Serial-Connector to find out what's going on during the Boot-Process. I connected a Router on the Lan-Interface, and the Router never get a DHCP-Request from the Neo3. Tried multiple times, SD-Card is fine (tested). If I use an Image from a totally different Project (for Example "DietPi" which also offers a Neo3-Image), it works like a charm. Router gets DHCP-Request, I can connect using SSH (and so on), everything works. My Neo3 is working fine, Power-Supply is also good (it's made for Raspberry Pi and offers 5.1V and 3A...…
-
Hi all, unfortunately the USB power port on my Nanopi has broken off and I can't see a way to reattach it - it looks like it's just a push fit onto the board on 4 little tabs no solder involved no wonder it eventually fell off. I've heard that it's possible to power the Nano via the GPIO pins - anyone here done that ? I'm thinking I could make a cable to connect to the pins
-
Today I updated and upgraded my system, and after a reboot 'apt list' did no longer work. It shows 'Listing... done', and then uses 100% CPU on a single core, without producing anything. According to strace it's looping on reading a file: openat(AT_FDCWD, "/var/lib/apt/lists/deb.debian.org_debian_dists_buster_main_binary-arm64_Packages.lz4", O_RDONLY) = 28 read(28, "\4\"M\30@@\300\206z\0\0\370\377\31Package: 0ad-data\n"..., 65536) = 65536 read(28, "ta$E\17p\2+\377\21c376d3f140540d9424753d"..., 65536) = 65536 read(28, "a5180e3e2d3f503ddcb5dd7b93\201\2\2\275\0\17"..., 65536) = 65536 read(28, "\2\3700071880bc23623a4ea3664b773a1b6"..., 65536) = 65536 read(28, "\f1'da?\2Jd…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Sorry to repeat another case of this. Have attempted a few times to move boot from SD card to eMMC before the SD card fails. I did according to the wiki doc with nand-sata-install. Since I have OMV, I excluded the exports, and also afterward copied the salt and pillar. Also, in another attempt, on suggestion from another thread, I updated the boot loader and copied again. I can boot to my SD card, mount the eMMC, and see the root structure. From what I can tell in reading the boot output, it can't find any storage device? 4 USB Device(s) found scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found But I can see it whe…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Current version using Armbian 21.02.3 Focal with Linux 5.10.21-rockchip64 I have tried to edit /etc/default/cpufrequtils : ENABLE=true MIN_SPEED=600000 MAX_SPEED=1512000 GOVERNOR=ondemand Save and run the command : service cpufrequtils restart However, the cpu freq only hit the max of 1.30Ghz. Running the command : cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu{0,1,2,3}/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies 408000 600000 816000 1008000 1200000 1296000 408000 600000 816000 1008000 1200000 1296000 408000 600000 816000 1008000 1200000 1296000 408000 600000 816000 1008000 1200000 1296000 Is it po…
-
Dear Forum! If you are using Emmc as boot device, a M.2-ssd as system device and OMV is installed. You can backup with the OMV given image-backup (dd, fsarchiver). But how you can restore the backup? You need to boot from Sdcard (boot and system from sd)? And after that you can switch again back to emmc-boot and ssd-system without any issue? Is there any other easier way i.e. with CloneZilla to image-backup/restore? How you can do this?
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I would like to know if any support for VAMRS ROCK960 is planned. Thanks
-
Thank you Armbian guys for providing and supporting a working 5.10 image for the Rock Pi 4C board. Has anyone been successful in configuring and using a matched CSI camera with a 5.x kernel for this board? If so, can you share the required conf steps here? Radxa's website (https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/MIPI_Camera) claims that their provided Debian image supports both RPi ov5647 and RPi imx219 based cameras so that confirms hardware compatibility but so far I haven't been able to capture images/video with neither on Armbian when attached to a Rock Pi 4C. $ ls -l /dev/video* crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 0 Apr 3 07:30 /dev/video0 crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, …
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 18.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I tried Armbian_21.02.1_Orangepi4_bionic_current_5.10.12_minimal.img and Armbian_21.02.1_Orangepi4_buster_current_5.10.12.img but these two version the eth0 doesn't work. This is the ifconfig printout Last login: Thu Feb 25 09:07:13 2021 root@orangepi4:~# ifconfig eth0: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 ether 6e:6d:04:05:d9:8c txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet) RX packets 0 bytes 0 (0.0 B) RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0 TX packets 0 bytes 0 (0.0 B) TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0 device interrupt 35 lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RU…
-
I was trying to avoid opening a new instability topic, but this one seems different enough from the others to deserve it's own discussion. A few days ago I applied the 1G fix (pic attached) to the 2.5G port - which was not in use until then, since all my hardware is 1G max. I did this with the intention of using both ports: the 1G port goes to an isolated VLAN that serves VM images to my Proxmox hosts, and the 2.5G interface (running at 1G speed) serves files to the rest of my network. While the fix appears to work and the port is able to communicate at 1G speeds seemingly fine, after changing to this setup I'm experiencing frequent drops in the USB bus, which c…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I backed this early, and I have had nothing but stability problems since I built the thing. Sometimes my machine runs for as few as 6 minutes before crashing, and helpfully, it keeps clearing the systemd journal every time it starts up so I can't even see what happened just before it crashed. It crashes running OMV and Syncthing with high load, it crashes doing absolutely nothing but watching the systemd journal. It crashes doing nothing at all. When it crashes, it corrupts my files, and often the OMV Database requiring me to CONSTANTLY reset the GUI password for OMV, and then find that half of OMV isn't working. It does this on both uSD cards and on the inbuilt MMC.…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 8.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello all, I have this board running in a k3s kubernetes cluster, and almost everyday, different time, the board reboots. Please, could you help me to figure out which is the problem? The armbianmonitor output is bellow: http://ix.it/2OOZ Many Thanks,
-
HI guys, one guy at my server realized some nvme testing and the write speed results are far below compared to radxa official benchmark that's probably based on legacy kernel. anyone had better benchmarks on write speeds without legacy kernel (so, mainline)
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
Problem: No usb power on all ports except for OTG port on Rock Pi 4C. Images: Ubuntu Bionic Legacy Desktop, Ubuntu Focal Legacy, Ubuntu Focal Current Desktop Monitoring information: Ubuntu Bionic Legacy Desktop - http://ix.io/2wlL Ubuntu Focal Current Desktop: http://ix.io/2wlZ
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 8.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Armbians I have a problem with one of my NanoPi Neo 3 boards and dropped RX packages on eth0. From multiple Neo 3`s I have running, this is the only one having this issue. But its also the only one with 1GB of RAM. All other boards have 2GB of RAM. But this should not matter I think. Output ifconfig: eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 inet XXXXXXXXXX netmask 255.XXXXXXX broadcast XXXXXXXXXX ether XXXXXXXXXXX txqueuelen 20000 (Ethernet) RX packets 140166777 bytes 110091299296 (102.5 GiB) RX errors 0 dropped 3686 overruns 0 frame 0 TX packets 12724…
-
Hi All, I am on my Helios64 (already have a Helios4). I am running 2 x 8TB, 1x 256 M2, OMV5 debian etc. I have ZFS running (from the wiki instructions) in a basic mirror format, and if I add a few drives I think it would still be a mirror, however I have the following question. It seems far more complicated than MDADM, and potentially more unstable (not in terms of the underlying technology, but in terms of changing these kernals etc every week). Do you think for an average home user that this is really worth it or will constantly need work? To change it would mean starting again, but I do not want to change the setup every month and wo…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi there, I love my Helios64 to death. I'm running MooseFS CE and MooseFS PRO. The problem is I'm absolutely hammering it with I/O and it's consistently hard crashing, and no fix I've tried helps. Should I revert to the older kernel version or something? Or is this a useful test case...
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 6.9k views
- 4 followers
-
-
I'm experiencing a lot of issues on 5.10.x and thought a dedicated thread would make sense. I've posted some reports in other threads too. Note that 5.9.x is much more stable for me, but not without problems. I'm also experiencing what I can only refer to as boot stalls, i.e. nothing happens. Occasionally when these stalls happen there is a rcu: INFO: rcu_preempt detected stalls on CPUs/tasks trace printed. This happens on both 5.9 and 5.10. Looking at where it stalls it seems to be around the time the hardware optimizations are applied and/or graphics modules are loaded. I have currently blocked the graphics modules from loading and have moved hardware optimi…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I am trying to disable UAS mode on attached USB HDs (I have quite a good amount of those) to avoid quite common issues. However, it seems that the usb_storage.quirks string is limited to 127 chars! dmesg shows: usb_storage.quirks: string doesn't fit in 127 chars I do not really see the point of limiting the string length to 127 chars..a bit more would be appreciated. Thanks
-
I thought I'd rebuild the NAS with the latest image in the hope that it would be more stable. Unfortunately my hopes were in vain. I was in the middle of doing an rsync and it crashed with a kernel panic. Had a look on the forum and implemented the two suggestions of limiting the cpu to 1200MHz and tweaking the voltages. CPU @ 50c as reported in the login header. Anyway after updating the setting I reboot it and it crashed immediately ! The same SMP issue that seems to have been plaguing this board since release
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 8.5k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I’ve googled it but can’t decide, the drive works just fine (it’s the 1st of the three disks I have in the box), no performance issues when copying from/to the box. I’m currently on “Armbian 20.11”, barely get the time to play with the setup due to work assignments, plan to update soon. Thanks! (PS. Newbie here) [ 13.298079] ata1: softreset failed (1st FIS failed) [ 18.449169] ata1: SATA link up 6.0 Gbps (SStatus 133 SControl 300) [ 18.467303] ata1.00: ATA-10: ST6000VN0033-2EE110, SC60, max UDMA/133 [ 18.467315] ata1.00: 11721045168 sectors, multi 0: LBA48 NCQ (depth 32), AA [ 18.470029] ata1.00: configured for UDMA/133 …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 5.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a nanopi neo3 rk3328. I would like to modify the i2s(1) at start. I tried to modify /boot/dtb/rockchip/rk3328-nanopi-neo3-rev02.dtb but nothing change. Which is the right dtb file its load at start? Thank you.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, Is TrustZone being utilized at all? I can't seem to find any documentation on what execution level Kobal is running at during boot. I assume it's dropping the Kernel into EL2? Cheers
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a problem with remote desktop operation on R4S. It installs according to the RDP guide and unfortunately does not work properly, after installing vncserver I also have information about - Cannot find a running X server. Everything works fine on neo3, only here I have a problem. Log VNC xstartup terminated Sending TERM signal to Xvnc... X connection to :1 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown). FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/share/vnc/fonts/" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing. <13> 2021-03-16T17:40:30.716Z nanopi-r4s Xvnc[5435]: ServerManager: Server stopped Link Status R4S Please Help 1) Armbian_21.02.3_Nanopi-r4s_focal_curren…
-
Hi Distro Debian Buster, Linux rockpi-4b 5.10.21-rockchip64 #21.02.3 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 8 01:05:08 UTC 2021 aarch64 GNU/Linux I trying run HDMI-CSI bridge (auvidea B101) with board RK3399. Driver is loaded but dmesg not see any communications. root@rockpi-4b:/home/stream# lsmod |grep tc tc358743 40960 0 v4l2_dv_timings 36864 1 tc358743 v4l2_fwnode 28672 1 tc358743 videodev 299008 8 rockchip_vdec,v4l2_fwnode,videobuf2_v4l2,hantro_vpu,rockchip_rga,videobuf2_common,tc358743,v4l2_mem2mem mc 61440 7 rockchip_vdec,videodev,videobuf2_v4l2,hantro_vpu,videobuf2_common,tc358743,v4l2_m…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I would like to make backup(s) of my system. The system (debian) is installed on sata SSD @ slot 1. I would like to have the backup of the system written to zfs pool on the other slots as an image. Which in case of system SSD failure, I could write back to a new SSD installed on the same slot 1, by booting to a rescue system from micro sd card. Have this kind of functionality already been implemented? Or parts of it? Linux has a bunch of backup solutions, but I suspect they might not work with the helios64 box (sd card, internal ssd). And my only helios64 box is in "production" use, so "trial and error" method is not the first option in my min…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I am using native camera ( NDKCameraManager2 ) in c++. I wanted to know whether rk3399 supports camera2 HAL3 with LEVEL_3 or not? 我在c ++中使用本机摄像头(NDKCameraManager2)。 我想知道rk3399是否支持LEVEL_3的camera2 HAL3?
-
Hi, I wanted to try this build so I cant test HW (using the legacy kernel). But, is impossible to make Rock64 boot correctly, having random kernel crashes, It does boot with the 5.10.x kernel version and work just fine, but I need the Legacy one so I can test HW. I can only attach a photo since there is nothing I can do since the OS is halt. Any ideas? Thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
I'm getting burst "VOP vblank IRQ stuck for 10 ms" error messages in dmesg and wondering what it means and if anything to improve/fix. I'm using Nanopi m4 $ uname -a Linux nanopim4 5.10.21-rockchip64 #21.02.3 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 8 01:05:08 UTC 2021 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux kern :err : [Sat Mar 13 22:20:13 2021] rockchip-vop ff8f0000.vop: [drm:vop_crtc_atomic_flush [rockchipdrm]] *ERROR* VOP vblank IRQ stuck for 10 ms kern :err : [Sat Mar 13 22:21:04 2021] rockchip-vop ff8f0000.vop: [drm:vop_crtc_atomic_flush [rockchipdrm]] *ERROR* VOP vblank IRQ stuck for 10 ms kern :err : [Sat Mar 13 22:21:04 2021] rockchip-vop ff8f0000.vop: [drm:vo…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have Rock64 board with latest Armbian Focal flashed on it. I want to use it with this HDMI display by Waveshare: https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/7inch_HDMI_LCD_(H)_(with_case) Now, when I connect it to Rock64 it runs as 1080p downscaled by HDMI controller on display, resulted image is garbage, even though it is present. As was discussed here: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/10071-tinker-board-hdmi-resolutions-do-not-all-work/ current kernel/u-boot doesn't have required video mode to run this display properly. I tried to set required mode with xrandr but with no success. Can anyone help me to figure out how to patch kernel/u-boot to get this thing work properl…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi - I'm running on a Rockpi 4c on Armbian 21.02.3 Buster and it the pcie-gen2 overlay doesn't seem to do anything - I have edited the /boot/armbianEnv.txt user_overlays=rockpi-penta overlays=pcie-gen2 It makes no difference if I include the pci-gen2 overlay. lspci -vv LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 8GT/s, Width x2, ASPM not supported, Exit Latency L0s <256ns, L1 <8us ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot- ASPMOptComp+ LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- CommClk- ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt- LnkSta: Speed 5GT/…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.1k views
-
-
Hi all. Some time ago, in the release notes of a past Armbian version, I remember reading that the network LED should now be enabled by default and associated with eth0. Despite always keeping my Helios64 as up-to-date as possible, mine never lit up, but I didn't think much of it. Today I decided to investigate why, and I'm not sure where to go from here. First things first, the LED works, it's not a hardware issue. I can echo 1 and 0 to the LED path (/sys/class/leds/helios64:blue:net/brightness) and it lights on and off as expected. From what I can tell, this LED, along with the heartbeat one, is enabled by the Systemd unit helios64-hear…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Looks like its available from youyeetoo - https://youyeetoo.com/products/asus-tinker-board-2s-rockchip-rk3399-an-arm-based-single-board-computer-sbc-support-android-10-ubuntu-tinkerboard-2s-tinker2s-1 They have it on Amazon as well. PRICEY but it's there! Has anyone from Armbian got a sample of this? Is Armbian going there? I ordered on off Amazon, will be here in a couple weeks. Perhaps EU gets it faster? Perhaps there are other sellers, I could only find this one. Actually I found it by accident on Amazon and went looking. I'm sure I didn't do an exhaustive search.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Folks I am about to set up my helios64 nas on an imac mini m1 or an older intel imac mini. Buying the NAS was risky for me as I am a newbie to Linux. Nevertheless fortune favours the brave and all that. I am having difficulty finding the optimal set up of my helios64 NAS Do I buy a m.2 sata ssd and 4 western digital red pro hard drives? Do the hard drives have to be identical? Assuming I am buying Western Digital WD Red Pro NAS 4TB HDD, WD4003FFBX whats the best m.2 sata to pair up with these? I do have the 2.5 inch adapter.
-
Hi, i have successfully installed my new helios64 and enabled zfs. Everythings works so far, but it seems I'm missing something "important" in regards to ZFS. I did the following tests: I took one of my WD 4TB Plus drives (in slot 3) and formatted the disk with a) ext4 (mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdc) b) btrfs (mkfs.btrfs /dev/sdc) and c) zfs (zpool create test /dev/sdc). Based on these 3 formats I did a "dd if=/dev/zero of=test2.bin bs=1GB count=5" to measure write performance and a "dd if=test2.bin of=/dev/null" to get the read performance (all tests were done 3 times, results averaged) The results I got look like this: a) ext4 ...…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 9.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
My Helios64 has been booting from an M.2 drive since I got it, and while I've been doing regular apt-upgrades I've been ignoring the bootloader. This post suggests that could be a problem, so I figured I'd upgrade the bootloader through armbian-config. Trouble is, I can't. I can load armbian-config without error, but when I go into System there's no Install option any more. All I have are Freeze, Nightly, Lowlevel, Bootenv, CPU, Avahi, Hardware, Other, SSH, Firmware, ZSH, Default. Is there another way to ensure the bootloader is up-to-date?
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 14.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Thought I'd download the latest image in the hope that it might be more stable ... kernel panic on reboot, booted second time and then whlst trying to update kernel panic again. This board seems to be so unstable it's bascially unuseable
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 5.3k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hello, i want use and control kodi on my Helios64 with the tv remote. Have someone experiance with that and a recommendation for cables or usb c dockingstation? thank you
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Curious if anybody else with tick-stop error? Not certain if this applies; the only change is installing Docker and Pi-Hole containerized. A quick read seems related to a soft interrupt of 8; - The only solution I could find by googling; is: "Add nohz=off to the kernel parameters during boot to disable it." Can I safely ignore this error message; or should I do this nohz=off to the kernel parms?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 17.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, On an up-to-date Helios64, around 50% of boots are stuck at "Starting kernel ...". As device is having kernel panics every day, it reboots and then sometimes can't start, stuck on this. When will we have a stable device ? I can't understand selling devices which just can't run !
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey there, so I was curious is there an easier way to make microSD take precedence in the boot order then having to futz with jumpers? Wanting to try out a new distro on microSD before deciding to make the switch and flash it to eMMC. If I do futz with jumpers I'll still be able to mount and write to the eMMC correct?
-
I'm having an aggressive memory leak issue I can't place: Within 5 minutes the 4GB are full. htop and top don't show a massive program growing unbouded. `df` doesn't show a tmpfs that is too large. Only `slabtop` is imforative: OBJS ACTIVE USE OBJ SIZE SLABS OBJ/SLAB CACHE SIZE NAME 26638624 26638624 99% 0.12K 832457 32 3329828K kmalloc-128 So `kmalloc-128` is growing without bounds. As I understand it kmalloc is a collection of smaller memory allocations? I've tried using a previous kernel version (5.10.16 and 5.10.12) but nada. I've disabled docker, and that along with omv were the only services running…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I have an FriendlyElec M4v2 board without eMMC card. (so i only use SD card) I tried this image: Armbian_21.02.1_Nanopim4v2_focal_current_5.10.12_desktop.img I Wrote to SD with Balena Etcher. After the new installation I turning on my board, I see my two attached .jpg file contents on the screen and after my screen flashes and immediately turns off my monitor (with no signal text on the screen) and if then I can only see Armbian again if I turn my monitor off and after on. So the Armbian is booting in the background, just need an HDMI channel refresh with a monitor physical off and after on. Then I installed all updates ('apt up…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I have installed OMV via armbian-config (software). After that I tried to install Nextcloud the same way. In the process I noticed that Apache2 does not start due to a port mismatch (port 80). I was able to determine that obviously the web server nginx is already installed and used for OMV. Can someone please explain to me if this is intentional or if I made a mistake during the installation? Is it possible not to install OMV and Nextcloud in parallel? How can I solve this?
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 12.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, After I first installed my Helios64, I feared the 16Gb eMMC would be quickly filled. So when I used nand-sata-install, I chose to boot from eMMC but to have the root filesystem on a 500Gb sata drive. I have now second thoughts about it, since I realized that the OS take less than 8Gb, AND I'd like to add a 5th disk to my raid Halas nand-sata-install doesn't seem to work on an already moved filsystem. lsblk show this for the eMMC and the root partition peyo@helios64:~$ lsblk NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT sda 8:0 0 465,8G 0 disk └─sda1 8:1 0 465,8G 0 part / ... mmcb…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I’m helping my friend set up Helios64 with OpenMediaVault as a media server. We’d manage to set it up as per your documentation mentioned on your wiki page but are stuck on SD-Card to eMMC migration. As after migrating with no error so far we’re still unable to boot the system without the SD-Card in Helios64. We still couldn’t figure out what could be the problem? Can you guys help?
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 15.7k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hi, I have troubled to set an u-boot environment variable of NanopiM4V2. I have tried changing the rootdelay parameter by making /etc/fw_env.config file. However, I don't know how to get the number I have to write in it. NanopiM4V2 is booted from microSD card. ("cat /proc/mtd" is none) If anyone know how to set the /etc/fw_env.config file with booting from microSD card??
-
Hi all, i have install on armian buster 10 on my Helios64. After the installation and the first config OMV 5 i see only two plug ins with 0 Bytes??? I have no experience and I'm asking for help!
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Will there be support for the RK3399PRO processor? e.g. for a Rocki pi N10 SBC?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.3k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi all, This has confused me! I have an old copy Armbian_20.02.7_Nanopim4_buster_current_5.4.28_desktop.7z which works fine. Any SD cards I put it on using Balena Etcher works. Any of the latest versions simply won't boot. The only difference appears to be the XZ file format. I extracted one of the later ones using 7Zip and then Etcher to flash and as expected it mad no difference at all. Has something been done to the V1 firmware from the V2 that doesn't work or firmwares containing the wrong naming etc? Help!
-
I got the following error message when I try to install firmware-misc-nonfree_20190114-2_all.deb from the upstream debian repository. ... Get:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster/non-free arm64 firmware-misc-nonfree all 20190114-2 [3,338 kB] Fetched 3,338 kB in 1s (4,022 kB/s) Selecting previously unselected package firmware-misc-nonfree. (Reading database ... 77206 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack .../firmware-misc-nonfree_20190114-2_all.deb ... Unpacking firmware-misc-nonfree (20190114-2) ... dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/firmware-misc-nonfree_20190114-2_all.deb (--unpack): trying to overw…
-
Hi, My Nanopi M4V2 often gets unresponsive. I cannot reach the nginx server when that happens. SSH also stops working. The red led is on, and the green led stops blinking when it happens. Any tips on what I can try? Running: Armbian buster with Linux 5.4.49-rockchip64 with heatsink from EMMC. http://ix.io/2u4O
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 5.9k views
-
-
Hi, I want to ask, if there's a way how to turn off Helios64 without the 100% fan spin. It only takes 1 second but it's very annoying when I want to turn it off during the night. Looking https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/packages/bsp/helios64/fancontrol.conf and https://wiki.kobol.io/helios64/pwm/ No luck :Z
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 3.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, For some reason my Helios64 took a nose dive today, so I hit the reset button and it wouldn't boot up. Plugged in to the serial console and this came out: Spoiler Terminal ready DDR Version 1.24 20191016 In channel 0 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x1 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x0 MR19=0x0 MR24=0x8 MR25=0x0 channel 1 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x2 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x0 MR19=0x0 MR24=0x8 MR25=0x0 channel 0 training pass! channel 1 training pass! change freq to 416MHz 0,1 Channel 0: LPDDR4,416MHz Bus Width=32 Col=10 Bank=8 Row=16 CS=1 Die Bus-Width=16 Size=2048MB Channel 1: LPDDR4,416MHz Bus Width=32 Col=10 Bank=…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear H64-Friends, I've got the Armbian Debian installed with Linux Kernel 5.10 and Open Media Vault (OMV). I just use the basic functions for backing up files, nothing extraordinary. I am wondering what's the best strategy to update the Helios64 system concerning stability and getting no errors for backing up files (automatic USB-Backups). Keep it always up to date if there's an update available in OMV? Or just wait some weeks?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
When there is a kernel panic the fans stop which causes the HDD and CPU temperatures to rise unchecked. I've just come back to find my board has crashed again and the HDD temperatures had risen above 60c which is not good. Is there a watchdog or boot setting to automatically reset the processor after a kernel panic ?
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 8.4k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Just applied the latest update to my Helios64, here is what apt reported: The following packages will be upgraded: armbian-config armbian-firmware base-files device-tree-compiler file iproute2 libcairo2 libgnutls30 libgnutls30:armhf libmagic-mgc libmagic1 libnss-myhostname libpam-systemd libsystemd0 libudev1 linux-buster-root-current-helios64 linux-dtb-current-rockchip64 linux-image-current-rockchip64 linux-u-boot-helios64-current systemd systemd-sysv udev unzip This went just fine until it tried to setup systemd, the Helios then lost all network connection: Spoiler Fetched 57.9 MB in 1min 51s (523 kB/s) Preconfiguring packa…
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 9.9k views
- 6 followers
-
-
That newsletter indicated that USB-C to HDMI cables promised were still delayed. Is there an update on that? Thanks!
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.9k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hello together, i experienced network problems with Helios64 and latest Debian Buster Image. I cannot setup a static ip address after installation of OMV5, moreover it crashes on install. I double checked it on a fresh image without any changes and an immediate installation of OMV over softy. The result is the same. After the crash OMV is in fact available, but the network configuration is broken and a static setup doesnt work over the OMV UI, nor armbian-config, also the boot takes about 2-5 minutes due to whatever reason. armbianmonitor http://ix.io/2PPJ
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
After Seeing all that spi nmve boot hype for the other boards and some time left i took the effort to level up the Orange Pi boards because they are the same as the rest it has a rk3399. The Uboot was a mess so i matched it with the kerenel dts a lot and corrected some issues. Dts debug is not the friendliest debug it compiles or not And after some trial and error (a lot ) and finding a spi nor flash wich is supported (or you add one of your own) it costs a esp8266 has 4mb spi flash or a old printer who had a 4mb and 8mb i got a boot from spi so . and with reading the armbian forum i saw 150balbes talked about usb boot and didnt know …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have installed Armbian 21.02 Ubuntu 20.04 Focal with Linux kernel 5.10.16 and OpenZFS 2.0.1-1 on my Helios64. Created a three-disk encrypted RAIDZ pool with the following command: sudo zpool create -f -o ashift=12 -O compression=lz4 -O atime=off -O acltype=posixacl -O xattr=sa -O encryption=aes-256-gcm -O keylocation=prompt -O keyformat=passphrase tank raidz1 /dev/disk/by-id/foobar1 /dev/disk/by-id/foobar2 /dev/disk/by-id/foobar3 Then I did a single sequential read benchmark with fio on /tank: cd /tank sudo fio --name=single-sequential-read --ioengine=posixaio --rw=read --bs=1m --size=16g --numjobs=1 --iodepth=1 --runtime=60 --time_based …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hello, my nas is too noisy, do you know if it's possibile to change the fans with others that is silent? Regards.
-
Reputation Points
- 36 replies
- 15.1k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi, Just bought the SATA HAT and before I get started, I see in the OS Support that Lubuntu and Friendly Core is supported. Does this Exclude Armbian ? I'm not overwhelmed with FriendlyCore . Thank sin advance
-
Reputation Points
- 34 replies
- 22k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, everyone. The Kobo site is kind of difficult to navigate if you're looking for relevant information, but I came to the conclusion that this is the right place for support. Forgive me if I'm mistaken. I was wondering if someone could help me interpret these bootlogs from serial term when trying to boot my Helios64 from the EMMC. Following the instructions on Kobol's site, I flashed their u-boot image to an sd card, booted the Helios64 off of said sd, fetched the latest image of Armbian, unpacked that image, and flashed it from my laptop to the Helios64 via usbc to what I presume is the correct interface. Could it be that I messed up? Here's a quick example …
-
Hey, I think a dedicated topic for ZFS on Helios 64 is needed. Many people want to have it As we know, and many of us playing with dev builds for helios ,it is no easy to work with ZFS I wrote few scripts maybe someone of You it can help in someway. Thanks @jbergler and @ShadowDance , I used your idea for complete it. The problem is with playing with OMV and ZFS plugin. then dependencies remove our latest version of ZFS. I tested. everything survived but ZFS is downgraded to latest version from repo for example: root@helios64:~# zfs --version zfs-0.8.4-2~bpo10+1 zfs-kmod-2.0.0-rc6 root@helios64:~# uname -…
-
Reputation Points
- 54 replies
- 24.5k views
- 11 followers
-
-
I have run into this issue multiple times and the process flow is this: Flash image "Armbian_20.11.6_Helios64_buster_current_5.9.14.img" to a micro SD card. Run through the config (installing OMV with SAMBA) Kick over to the OMV to configure the share / media so its available on my network Runs for some time (this last install was running for maybe a few weeks before it triggered a Kernel panic) Power off. Power on. Board boots, hangs on "Starting Kernel..." Is there some trick I am missing to get this thing to actually boot / reboot correctly? Troubleshooting info: No jumpers are shorted. I had a…
-
Reputation Points
- 19 replies
- 11.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Board: Nanopi M4 with 4GB OS: Armbian_5.65_Nanopim4_Debian_stretch_default_4.4.162 Boot from SD, rootfs on an external HDD 8TB (WD MyBook). I attached another external HDD (Toshiba 2TB). I have been trying rsync -avh from the Toshiba one to the main MyBook one. It ran for under a minute before reporting files were vanished and exited with errors. It appeared the / is gone. nothing return from ls. Hard-reboot, fsck ran, everything's back to normal. I've been trying rsync with nice -n 20 as well as --bwlimit 10, 1MB. Nothing helped. stress test the board for 10 minutes, (stress -c 4 -m 4 -d 4 -i 4). All looks good. Any help's…
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 9.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I've found a problem with Armbian on the NanoPi Neo 4 with USB 3.0. I have a RAID6 via four USB 3.0 external hard disks (I know, not optimum but it's been working fine for years off an older ARM box using USB 2.0). While the RAID works fine on the USB 2.0 port (established this was true afterward), when connected to the USB 3.0 port, the USB 3.0 hub I'm using disconnects after only a few seconds, disconnecting all the drives (of course). I initially used an unpowered USB 3.0 hub (I forget the manufacturer; I can check). I figured at first, this might be a power issue (even though the external drives are all self-powered). I found a 10-port power…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everybody, im experiencing a similar problem. Sometimes my WD RED 12 TB HDD is not recognized in that slot its in, when i change it to any other it works again. Nevertheless it seems this problem doesnt only apply to one specific slot, but is changing from time to time. EDIT: The LED of that slot doesnt turn on, yet the drive starts and runs Do anybody experience the same problem, or know any help? Thank you in advance. Best Regards.
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Had anyone tested DAS mode performance with Capture One? Or could someone explain to me how it works? Also, would C1 show the DAS mode and NAS mode as seperate volumes or is it smart enough to show up as the same one? Background: Capture One doesn't work well with network drives. Editing images, moving raw files, even saving catalog backups is dramatically slower on a NAS than a DAS or internal drive. It doesn't matter how fast the drive or network is. Its a long standing bug they're always quick to say they aren't prioritizing fixing. I've looked at other NAS's that do a DAS mode by running a 10GBE connection over thunderbolt and that's a great solution in ev…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4.7k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hello, I've bought 3 new identical drives and put 2 of them in the Helios64 and 1 onto my desktop. I ran smartctl longtest+shortest on both drives simultanously but all of them were aborted/interupted by host. `# /usr/sbin/smartctl -a /dev/sda` Output: http://ix.io/2OLt On my desktop the longtest from smartctl succeeds without error and all 3 drives received the same care, I just bough them and installed them, so unlikely the drives are physically damaged. The complete diagnostic log: http://ix.io/2OBr So anyone got an idea why are my SMART extended tests being canceled? Note: I've tried ev…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 9.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi ! I spent several hours looking for the solution, here and elsewhere, I didn't find. The Radxa wiki speaks about 2 SPI: 1 and 2 The device tree README speaks about 4 SPI: SPI 0 pins (MOSI, MISO, SCK, CS): GPIO3_A5, GPIO3_A4, GPIO3_A6, GPIO3_A7 SPI 1 pins (MOSI, MISO, SCK, CS): GPIO1_A7, GPIO1_B0, GPIO1_B1, GPIO1_B2 SPI 2 pins (MOSI, MISO, SCK, CS): GPIO1_C0, GPIO1_B7, GPIO1_C1, GPIO1_C2 SPI 3 pins (MOSI, MISO, SCK, CS): GPIO2_B2, GPIO2_B1, GPIO2_B3, GPIO2_B4 So, the correspondence seems to be: radxa SPI 1 <=> DT SPI 1 radxa SPI2 <=> DT SPI 3 With the latest kernel (5.10.12-rockchip64, Deb…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi! I've 2 rock64 boards -- 4gb and 2gb bought with 1 year difference The problem -- both boards have same MAC address. Changing it with macchanger has no effect, same for cloned mac in nmtui. Also I tried this in armbianEnv.txt: root@rock64:~# cat /boot/armbianEnv.txt verbosity=1 overlay_prefix=rockchip rootdev=UUID=48ad169b-7620-4c84-89fa-6c9a0fcde766 rootfstype=ext4 ethaddr=a7:71:b0:90:17:1f usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u But mac stays the same. I've plugged usb ethernet just to avoid conflict on same network, but how can I change the MAC of eth0 ?
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 11.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi. I am faced with the problem of installing overlays on Orange Pi 4. I need to use SPI and I use the following settings: verbosity=1 bootlogo=false overlay_prefix=rockchip rootdev=UUID=946e374a-7ca8-488d-ad86-ab38ccfc7cc1 rootfstype=ext4 overlays=spi-spidev param_spidev_spi_bus=0 usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u As far as I know, after connecting the overlays, the devices should appear in the list / div, but this does not happen. New devices will not appear also when installing overlays w1-gpio or uart1 I also have problems with Ethernet connection if I use param_spidev_spi_bus=0, but if i use param_spidev_spi_bus=…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, I have installed openmediavault and zfs. Since yesterday I have this error: Failed to execute command 'export PATH = / bin: / sbin: / usr / bin: / usr / sbin: / usr / local / bin: / usr / local / sbin; export LANG = C.UTF-8; zfs list -H -t snapshot -o name, used, refer 2> & 1 'with exit code' 1 ': The ZFS modules are not loaded. Try running '/ sbin / modprobe zfs' as root to load them. Click "show details" Error # 0: OMV \ ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH = / bin: / sbin: / usr / bin: / usr / sbin: / usr / local / bin: / usr / local / sbin; export LANG = C.UTF-8; zfs list -H -t snapshot -o name, us…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I installed OMV on my Helios64 and created a share. The device stays online and works well for hours and then at some point eth0 goes offline and no longer communicates. The only way to restore connectivity is with a reboot. I looked at the logs and dont see anything jumping out at me as to why this happens but I could very easily be missing something or the log didnt capture the event. I have not yet tried to console in through the USBc port when this occurs but will try next time. Has anyone else seen this issue or fixed it?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. I'm using a NanoPi M4V2 with 4GB of LPDDR4. Before installing Armbian, I tried FriendlyElec and the total amount of 4GB of RAM was detected. When moving to Armbian Buster with kernel 5.9.14-rockchip64, the system is detecting only 2GB of RAM (MemTotal: 1964780 kB). I searched the forum to see if anyone else was having this problem but strangely I found no more reports of this issue. I also tried Armbian Focal, but the problem remains. Thank you.
-
CURRENT branch (Linux Kernel 5.10) Feature Support Status Remarks Shutdown OK Reboot OK Suspend to RAM Not Supported USB host controller refuses to enter suspend mode 2.5G Ethernet (2.5G speed) OK TX offload disabled by default, can be enabled for better performance 2.5G Ethernet (1G speed) Performance issue Requires hardware fix. Main Power/UPS status OK …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 7k views
- 7 followers
-
-
Hi guys, My Helios64 keeps going offline, it has this red light come on the front panel but i am not sure what it means exactly. This happens once every few weeks, the system is fine after a reboot. What does this red light mean exactly? Is there anything i can do to prevent these breakdowns? Cheers,
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 6.4k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Had my Helios up and running for a few months now running off SD card, but there was a message (can't remember where) to not make the install you 'final' setup as things were still in development. I've been keeping track of the 'what works and doesn't' , but as there are no updates in 6 weeks, is the general consensus that we've reached stability and its time to transfer to the eMMC?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi. My helios64 always crashes with this method : [environment] 1TB m.2 sata ssd for system 16TB seagate exos on data drive 18TB WD Ultrastar DC550 on data drive Linux helios64 5.9.14-rockchip64 #20.11.4 SMP PREEMPT Tue Dec 15 08:52:20 CET 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux about 620,000 files on data drive. [method1] #sync #sysctl -w vm.drop.caches = 3 #ls -CFR [datadir] > [tmp dir] #ls -1lFR [datadir] > [tmp dir] #zip -j [tmpdir] filelist.zip #sync >>>>>>> Crash (blinking Red LED) [method2] (First step) via…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 5.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Has anybody got DAS mode working using USB-C ? Using: Armbian 20.08.21 Buster with Linux 5.8.17-rockchip64 I was not certain, I thought I read it was supported. I was hoping to use Windows 10 via USB 3.1 --> Helios64 USB-C to copy large video library. Note; using UART via COM3 is working as expected. Note; in windows I do remember seeing some USB error loading some USB driver; would it be related to some missing driver?int Any successful implementation of USB DAS interface; I would be happy to hear from you.
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 12.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I update my Orange PI 4 with the update Armbian 21.02.1 Focal and I was surprided to see the maximum CPU (A72) frequency is now limited to 1.8GHz. In previous version, this maximum frequency was 2GHz. Is it normal or is it a regression ? Thank you in advance for your help !
-
Hello, i want to use a NRF24L01 on my Rock PI 4B. I found out that i cannot enable spidev0.0 because this is corresponding with the network interface. Linux rockpi 5.4.32-rockchip64 #20.02.11 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 14 17:30:19 CEST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux Linux version 5.4.32-rockchip64 (root@builder) (gcc version 8.3.0 (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 8.3-2019.03 (arm-rel-8.36))) #20.02.11 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 14 17:30:19 CEST 2020 My armbianENV looks like this: verbosity=1 overlay_prefix=rockchip overlays=spi-add-cs1 spi-spidev param_spidev_spi_bus=1 rootdev=UUID=3c50a1d1-71a5-4a0f-9899-099b17a1050b rootfstype=ext4 usbstora…
-
Hello everybody, Is it possible to use the box with another card (odroid n2 for example)? Thanks a lot