Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockchip

Community maintained Rockchip boards

  1. Hi, I'm testing the latest Armbian 23.08 Bookworm on a Rock3A board. I have installed the Armbian base system on both SD-CARD and eMMC. For my application I need to use an Intel WiFi M.2 board, precisely an Intel AX210 NGW with both Bluetooth and WiFi enabled at the same time. Currently I have found this situation: boot from the SD-CARD (eMMC removed from its socket) Intel AX210 M2 card plugged-in the OS boots corectly installed the firmware-iwlwifi package and bluetooth+wifi works without problems boot from the eMMC memory (SD-CARD removed from its socket) Intel AX210 M2 card plugged-…

  2. Started by Dysmas,

    I installed Armbian on my R5s Armbian 23.8 Bookworm Kernel 6.5, Size: 479Mb, Release date: Sep 18, 2023 On this version, I find the classical problem : a module I want to build does not build. Reason ? apt says : Coundn’t find any package by glob ‘linux-headers-6.5.3-edge-odroid’ And make creates an error because “build” directory is not found. I can find the linux-headers-6.5.3 : https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v6.x/linux-6.5.3.tar.gz But where can I find the odroid version ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.4k views
  3. After recent kernel update, USB3.0 ports no longer work, There is an error printed in kernel log. [ 2.826383] phy phy-ff800000.phy.6: phy poweron failed --> -110 [ 2.827119] dwc3 fe900000.usb: error -ETIMEDOUT: failed to initialize core [ 2.827881] dwc3: probe of fe900000.usb failed with error -110 I found this issue in NanoPC T4, but it might also appear in other RK3399 boards. lsusb didn't show any USB3.0 controller. Confirmed this isn't my hardware's problem, another board have this issue too. dwc3.txt

  4. Started by MarkLuun,

    Dear Armbians I have a NanoPi Neo 3 board with 1GB of RAM running in a DC for quite a while now. Because of an SD card failure, I had to make a fresh setup with the actual Bookworm image. This image seems to be quite unstable. Device is going up and down all the time. I am unable to find the problem myself. Maybe someone can take a look and help me to fix my stability issue: Debug output: https://paste.armbian.com/sozozoyahi

  5. Started by skal,

    Hi, I have an issue with an USB device which is not detected; looking on other forum, it seems that additional modules shall be added: - cdc_acm,cdc_ether - rndis_host - rndis_wlan - usbnet I'm not able to load these using the modprobe cmd & checking loaded modules with lsmode cmd. I suspect that they are not part of the kernel. Any hint how to solve this, eventually recompile / install ? Thanks by advance, Samuel

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.4k views
  6. I successfully booted this one and connected over Ethernet. Haven't checked WiFi yet. However, the observation comparing to the original Rockchip's Jammy image: the serial port goes quiet after the U-Boot fires up the kernel. The bootloader on the board and the _original_ kernel use non-standard 1500000 baudrate serial speed for the console. I haven't looked into Armbian's guts yet, but I assume it's a matter of right kernel boot arguments for this board to actually spit out kernel output over serial. What I'm not sure is if the console can be cloned between serial and UI over HDMI (console on the frame buffer if I'm right). I'm open to…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.7k views
  7. Started by Hubär,

    Hi, i use a Rock Pi 4b with a external USB3 Seagate 4TB HDD on USB3 Port on RockPi 4B. Der HardDisk ist ext4 formatet und mounted via fstab The maximum troughput over Samba Share is around 11 Mbit The same USB HDD on a Odroid with same samba settings has an troughput over 100 MBit Any Ideas ? Thanks Ingo

  8. Hello I have two Rockpi A (without wireless) since I have upgraded to latest kernel: 6.1.50-current-rockchip64 One of the two USB3 port is not working, the top one (from usb-devices and lsusb I don't see any special difference) it seems USB2 port are ok same issue on two rockpi cards, I have try many usb devices (storage, network etc...) without success I am alone with this issue ? armbianmonitor send to http://ix.io/4IE9 Rgds

  9. Now I'm no expert but I got Mate working maybe there are some shortcuts I did not take, but it works great. So feel free to point out any flaws or improve it, #!/bin/sh -vx packages=' cryptsetup libblockdev-crypto2 engrampa firefox ffmpeg libavcodec-extra gufw lightdm lightdm-settings slick-greeter ubuntu-mate-wallpapers-common mate-desktop-environment-extras mate-applet-brisk-menu mate-applets mate-calc mate-indicator-applet ayatana-indicator-application ayatana-indicator-bluetooth ayatana-indicator-common ayatana-indicator-display ayatana-indicator-keyboard ayatana-indicator-messages ayatana-indicat…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.6k views
  10. Hello everyone, I would like to know which version of Armbian is recommended to install today to have a stable system ? Indeed, I have reset all my data on my Helios64 and I want perform a fresh install. I do not made any hardware change on my Helios64 and I plan to use OMV6. Thanks all for advices Flolm

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  11. [ 184.130515] Internal error: Oops - Undefined instruction: 0000000002000000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP [ 184.131281] Modules linked in: rfkill lz4hc lz4 snd_soc_hdmi_codec snd_soc_rockchip_i2s rockchip_vdec(C) hantro_vpu v4l2_vp9 leds_pwm gpio_charger videobuf2_dma_contig pwm_fan rockchip_rga panfrost videobuf2_dma_sg v4l2_h264 gpu_sched v4l2_mem2mem snd_soc_core drm_shmem_helper snd_compress rockchip_rng rng_core snd_pcm_dmaengine videobuf2_memops snd_pcm videobuf2_v4l2 videobuf2_common snd_timer videodev snd soundcore mc zram binfmt_misc gpio_beeper cpufreq_dt ledtrig_netdev lm75 dm_mod ip_tables x_tables autofs4 raid10 raid456 async_raid6_recov async_memcpy async_pq async_xor…

  12. Started by linhz0hz,

    I have a rock 4b+ and I used it as an android box for a while. Then today I tried to flash it with latest armbian image (23.8.1) and it does not boot in microSD or when I flash it through USB OTG. I have erased the SPI flash completely and install the correct spi_loader. It also boots properly with Radxa debian image. Initially I though this is a boot issue, but after checking with a serial cable, it turns out this is a HDMI issue.. After I finish the usual procedure to setup password etc... I got this: Now starting desktop environment... root@rockpi-4b:~# [ 633.211385] hdmi-audio-codec hdmi-audio-codec.5.auto: Only one simultaneous stream su…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.4k views
  13. ArmSoM-LM5 uses Rockchip RK3588, a new generation flagship eight-core 64-bit processor with a main frequency of up to 2.4GHz, a 6 TOPS computing power NPU, and can be equipped with a maximum of 32GB of large memory. It supports 8K video encoding and decoding and adopts LGA packaging, which has stronger transmission capability and stability. It has rich interfaces and supports multiple hard drives, Gigabit network, WiFi6, 5G/4G expansion and a variety of video input and output. Supports multiple operating systems; provides baseboard reference design materials, allowing users to customize in depth. Applicable to ARM PC, edge computing, cloud server, artificial intelligence,…

  14. Hi, how can I check the serial number of the RK3328 chip? with the distro from orangepi I can use cat /sys/devices/platform/board/info and with ArmBian ? thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  15. I followed all online guides. I tried to flsh the SPI. I arrived to the point where the maskroom is well recognized by the computer (Linuxmint). After that I tried to flash it and the error code is that the write operation is impossible. Please do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

  16. Started by m0ppers,

    After happily using my helios64 with armbian buster for years I finally dared to upgrade and everything went smoothly. I found instructions somewhere here in this forum and this is what I did. I first commented out /etc/apt/sources.list.d/armbian.list Then I upgraded to bullseye by replacing everything buster with bullseye in /etc/apt/sources.list (I think I also had to change the url to the security repo) Then I did apt-get update && apt full-upgrade and rebooted. Great success! Then the same for bookworm and again great success. Then reenabled the armbian …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.2k views
  17. I am a newbie to linux. I installed orange pi os with arch linux from the official site, using rkdevtool and pressing maskrom button. I installed xfce and uninstalled gnome. The OS is stored in the emmc of the pi, and everything boots fine unless i insert the sd card in the designated sd card slot. At first, i had OS arch in that sd card, and when i first plugged it in the pi, the sd card OS booted. I figured that the pi gave priority to the boot section of the sd card, and since i dont need 2 OS on my pi, i decided not to investigate further, and just avoid the problem by wiping the sd card clean. I deleted all the partitions through the Windows Disk Partition app, forma…

  18. I updated my Helios64 last night and now it keeps rebooting. Every now and then it runs for a few minutes so I can log in via ssh and then it reboots all at once. Installed on the system is only OMV 6.9.1-1 (Shaitan) and Docker with the image of Emby. the system runs on an installed M.2 SSD on slot 1. 4TB WD Reds are installed in slots 2, 3 and 5. Welcome to Armbian 23.8.1 Bullseye with Linux 6.1.50-current-rockchip64 No end-user support: community creations System load: 9% Up time: 4 min Memory usage: 17% of 3.77G IP: 172.18.0.1 172.17.0.1 192.168.180.5 CPU temp: 42°C Usage of /: 7% o…

  19. Greetings, I have multiple NanoPi NEO3s on the same subnet. When booting with Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS they use the physical MAC address when posting to DHCP, but ARMbian seems to create a default (fake) MAC address and uses that instead. Judging by the "armbianmonitor -U" output, ARMbian knows about the physical MAC address, it just doesn't use it. The NEO3 board is listed as supported, but there is another posting dated 2020 that still seems to be unresolved. MAC address c2:1f:b3:b0:d2:41 seems to be a generic (fake) address that is being used. Is there a remedy to allow it to use the actual hardware address with this kernel ? -- -- -- brack…

  20. Armbian Jammy Gnome desktop and following those commands to enable 3D acceleration : then the mpv can not play any .avi files , Terminal output “segment error” . but .mp4 files can be played normally . and I tried running mpv using root or sudo to play .avi files , it can played normally . I am very troubled by this issue, please provide assistance.

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 3.4k views
  21. Started by Dantes,

    My audio volume was very very low, and very annoyingly I had to boost to 200% 300% which had the problem that the volume buttons were not working properly. You just cant see anything above 100% unless you go into the control panel. Now when it comes to audio I'm the village idiot, but I found a proper solution I think. After some experimentation I found that the module "module-cli-protocol-unix" ( #20 in my case) can be amplified with pactl set-sink-input-volume 20 10db Now YMMV depending on your attached hardware, so change the 10db to whatever suits your situation. After that I made it permanent by adding it to the /etc/pulse/default…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  22. Started by viota,

    Has anyone been able to install a remote desktop on the R2S? If so I would be very interested in how that was achieved?

  23. Armbian_23.8.2_Orangepi3b_bookworm_edge_6.5.2.img boots, runs, and installs OK on Orange Pi 3B. Tested on 4GB RAM model with 256GB eMMC. - WiFi works* - HDMI audio works - 3D acceleration Panfrost driver works I installed xorg, mesa, x11vnc, jwm, pulseaudio, and flatpak native packages, which was followed by adding Kodi flatpak. Everything worked - with one caveat: there is a delay between keystrokes and output. Typing locally is fine, the problem manifests itself during an inbound SSH connection or when using a remote control app for Kodi on Android mobile. I have tried first replacing pulseaudio with pipewire (no change), making su…

  24. My device is Station-M3. I download "Armbian 23.8 Bookworm Cinnamon image" and burn it to a sd card.When armbian startup ,display response is very slow and Cinnamon process occupy 150% and above cpu usage.So I decide to "Enable 3D Acceleration".I do this as follow: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/panfork-mesa sudo add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/rockchip-multimedia sudo apt update sudo apt dist-upgrade when dist-upgrade has done,something wrong about libc6, maybe because V2.36 is replaced by V2.35.Then the whole system come to unstable,reboot only bring kernel Panic! I decide to burn the image again,but how can I enable GP…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.8k views
  25. Just stumbled over another chromium fork: https://github.com/Alex313031/Thorium Forum search did not show any entries, so I thought I might share. The arm64 builds (for raspberry though) works great, it even has googly sync, widevine etc, check describtion for more info. It works out-of-the-box on legacy rock-5b jammy gnome images with liujianfeng1994 ppa enabled. For installation/updates one could also use: wget https://dl.thorium.rocks/debian/dists/stable/thorium.list sudo mv thorium.list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ sudo apt update sudo apt install thorium-browser I usually like to test https://paveldogreat.github.…

  26. Started by Austin Dubes,

    Hello all, I am trying to interface with the MCP2515 on SPI2 of the RockPi4B on Armbian 22.08.6 Bullseye with Linux 5.15.74-rockchip64 and encountering some issues. The rockpi4B pins that I am using to connect to the MCP2515 INT - GPIO2_A7 MOSI - GPIO2_B2 MISO - GPIO2_B1 CLK - GPIO2_B3 CS - GPIO2_B4 When using the overlay file that I have shown below, the output for "dmesg | grep mcp": [ 6.662536] rockchip-pinctrl pinctrl: unable to find group for node mcp2515_int_pin I have been able to get the MCP2515 to initialize successfully, but only if I comment out the pinctrl-0 reference to the mc…

  27. Hello all, I have a RockPi 4B in use and wanted to connect my 7" display from Raspberry via the display port. According to these instructions, it should also work. https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/hardware/display#Raspberry_Pi_7_inch_Touch_Display But unfortunately I can't find this file under "boot" because I'm using an ARMBIAN image. How can I address this 7" display? Can anyone help me here? Best regards from Berlin Z. Matthias

  28. Hello, just yesterday I got my new Orange Pi 5B. Unfortunately I'm facing the issue, that I cannot see any EMMC on Armbian. The Debian image that is delivered by Orange Pi itself is giving me access to the EMMC - so it's there with 256GB physically. lsblk shows only the SD card and zram drives. gparted is not starting up after installation at all. This is valid for all official downloadable versions like Jammy, Bullseye, Bookworm... Is there any driver available I would have to activate to use the EMMC device with the Armbian images? I'd really like better to run the board without SD card. Any idea?

    • Reputation Points

    • 14 replies
    • 18k views
  29. Started by perelax,

    I've been looking into streaming on the Orange Pi's, which doesn't work, so I thought I would share my findings. I was first told by customer service people that the problem was HDCP, but have found that it is actually the camera. The tech was kind enough to slip that the camera module doesn't have their hooks. I can still view in the browser, and this leaves me to the conclusion that TV boxes and Smart TVs are using the camera modules to record end users without their permission. If the system has the camera hooks, the app is allowed to play. The browser bypasses this, because it has permissions to access private information on our device…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  30. Hi - First, thanks for building armbian, it's so useful! I'm a bit confused with the status of Rock 5A. I saw the link in the 5B section to download the 5A which directs me here https://mirror-us-phx1.armbian.airframes.io/dl/rock-5a/archive/ to a 23.8.3. But I can't find any other desktop version except the XFCE one. Now, if I go there https://k-space.ee.armbian.com/archive/rock-5a/archive/ I have a cinnamon desktop version but it's a 23.5. Is there no build for 23.8 + cinnamon or is this a mirror issue? Or is the Rock5A not yet officially supported and I should move my question?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  31. Hi, I've got a Helios64 device running with OpenMediaVault 6.9.2-1 (Shaitan). kobol@helios64:~$ uname -a Linux helios64 6.1.50-current-rockchip64 #3 SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 30 14:11:13 UTC 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux It has been stable until I recently install openmediavault-photoprism 6.0.9-1 plugin provided by OMV6 through a podman container. I want to use PhotoPrism to help categorize my photos. The issue is my device systematically reboots during photo folder initial scan: the scan actually loads the system a lot, and in this state of activities, a reboot occurs after about 30 minutes to 4 hours. I first thought of a CPU temperature is…

  32. FF 115.3.0esr often freezes if WebGL is enabled. Test your browser here: https://get.webgl.org/. And you can disable WebGL as mentioned there: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/upgrade-graphics-drivers-use-hardware-acceleration#w_disabling-webgl. More information about Orange Pi 5B in my wiki (including how to enable hardware acceleration in Armbian based on Debian 12.1.0): https://dragonserw.ru/arm64:orangepi-5.

  33. Started by grisu48,

    Hey there, I'm running Armbian 23.8.1 Bookworm with Linux 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx on a Rock 5B and am trying to get zfs via dkms to work, but it won't compile. ... configure: error: *** None of the expected "file_fallocate" interfaces were detected. *** This may be because your kernel version is newer than what is *** supported, or you are using a patched custom kernel with *** incompatible modifications. *** *** ZFS Version: zfs-2.1.11-1 *** Compatible Kernels: 3.10 - 6.2 Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx (aarch64) I'm attaching the full build log,…

  34. Started by Nitrax,

    I changed this in the dt and got more than double the speeds from my Samsung U3 SD card: However I have no idea what the process of getting this into the kernel source looks like. --- rk3399-rock-pi-4b.dts 2023-10-04 15:36:05.031221270 +0200 +++ rk3399-rock-pi-4b-mod.dts 2023-10-04 00:34:15.773888431 +0200 @@ -342,6 +342,7 @@ disable-wp; pinctrl-names = "default"; pinctrl-0 = <0x26 0x27 0x28 0x29>; + sd-uhs-sdr104; phandle = <0xce>; };

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  35. Hi. At first I'd like to apologize for the tone of this post, but there are things that I've been fighting with, without any success, for a long time. Problem 1. I have, as it seems, a very common problem with Armbian on RK3399. I burned Armbian 23.8.1 for the Rock Pi 4C+ onto an eMMC module, which booted, but there is no HDMI video output. I can't SSH into it over ethernet and provide more details because the server is disabled by default. I assume that the problem here is the same one as I often see coming back to all RK3399 boards and the solution is always the same - "libreelec patches for the HDMI subsystem" (whatever they are). If it'…

  36. GPU can perform far better than CPU cores for certain applications. Computer vision is one of them. Orange Pi 5 GPU has 64 shading cores. It runs up to 19 times faster than 8 CPU cores combined for computer vision models. Armbian on Orange Pi 5 supports OpenCL driver for compute-intensive GPU programs. To install OpenCL on Orange Pi 5 Armbian, follow the instructions in the following link; Install OpenCL on Orange Pi 5 Armbian

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.8k views
  37. Hello guys! 🙂 I used to configure latest Armbian @ Orange Pi 5 B in such particular way: https://dragonserw.ru/arm64:orangepi-5. The problem is: Gnome settings does not save. As for now, I extremely need to set my screen off after 15 minutes of inactivity. How can I do it from command line? My hardware: dragonserw@orangepi5:~$ inxi -b System: Host: orangepi5 Kernel: 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx arch: aarch64 bits: 64 Desktop: GNOME v: 43.6 Distro: Armbian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm) Machine: Type: ARM System: Orange Pi 5B details: N/A CPU: Info: 3x 4-core Model N/A [MCP AMP] speed (MHz): avg: 2064 min/max: 408/1800:2352:2304 Graphics: Device-1: disp…

  38. I was cleaning storage room of customer and found this device in sealed box. Owner of the box say it was rarely used and i can keep it. Only thing broken was the battery. I replaced it temporarily with unused smartphone one. The device boots and is almost new condition. SoC RK3066 = (ARM Cortex-A9 Dual-Core @ 1.6Ghz + ARM Mali400MP4) RAM 1GB = (Four Chips on image are Hynix [H5TQ2G83CFR-H9C] -2gb) Storage 16GB = (Toshiba TH58TEG7DCJTA20 - Nand Flash MLC 16GB) Uart RX/TX pads on board I make this topic as i want to ask more experienced people here if this SoC can run "some" version of Armbian. Thank you in advance

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.9k views
  39. Hi, I'm seeing the following error in Chromium when trying to play youtube, the video loading screen never opens the video. I have installed chromium-browser (+libv4l-rkmpp, +ffmpeg, +rockchip-multimedia-config) from the ppa: https://launchpad.net/~liujianfeng1994/+archive/ubuntu/rockchip-multimedia My OS version is Armbian 23.08 Jammy. When using FFplay the rkmpp hardware decoder is able to correctly decode h264 and hevc content, so there does not seem to be a problem with rkmpp. Any thoughts on what could be wrong? I found another guy who had the same issue, but there was no resolution: https://github.com/armbian/build/issues/5384 Faile…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4.5k views
  40. Started by Thomas Schmidt,

    I use Armbian_23.8.1_Rockpi-4cplus_bookworm_current_6.1.50_xfce_desktop and need the current headers but could not find them sudo apt search linux-headers do not show them. I need them for the procedure described here https://github.com/glasgowneuro/comedi_raspberry_pi_bullseye/tree/main in order to install missing kernel drivers (comedi usbdux-sigma) Can anyone help please!

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 3.8k views
  41. Started by yalman,

    Hello all, I get the message "qemu kvm_arm_vcpu_init failed: Invalid argument" which I refer to the source file code "https://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=blob;f=cpus.c;hb=refs/ heads / stable-2.11 # l1122" and "https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/master/accel/kvm/kvm-all.c " Row 444. I don't know which vCPU feature is expected ... #cat /proc/cpuinfo processor : 0 BogoMIPS : 48.00 Features : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32 cpuid CPU implementer : 0x41 CPU architecture: 8 CPU variant : 0x0 CPU part : 0xd03 CPU revision : 4 .... is it currently or later even p…

  42. Hi, I have tried multiple Rock Pi 4+ (Plus) boards, all of them run regular Debian well, so the hardware should be good. But when I tried Armbian, the 2 USB 3.0 ports were not working with logitech USB dongle or Samsung USB drives (which did work in regular Debian), I searched and found maybe they were in OTG mode and needed to be in HOST mode. I tried armbian-config then System -> Hardware, then enabled: dwc3-0-host rockpi4cplus-usb-host After reboot, the bottom USB 3.0 port would start working, yet the top one still wouldn't work. Otherwise, Armbian was the most user-friendly, fast and stable…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.5k views
  43. Guest

    Hi! How can I install the edge kernel while still being able to boot armbian and keeping the built-in wireless module working? Is there any firmware for this module at all for kernel 6.2?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  44. How to install mali gpu driver for orangpi 5b with debian bookworm image ?

  45. I am unable to play files over SMB, but I can't seem to figure out what the problem is exactly. From what I can tell it *seems* ffmpeg is compiled without networking support, at least this is what smplayer was complaining about: [ffmpeg] Protocol not found. Make sure ffmpeg/Libav is compiled with networking support. Failed to open smb://192.168.1.1/transmission/myfile.mkv. Exiting... (Errors when loading file) But when I look at the ffmpeg switches it was compiled with: --enable-libsmbclient and seems to be present. Now I'm a complete linux n00b, does anyone have an idea ?

  46. To continue discussion from Helios64 Support Could you boot from micro SD card? Please use Armbian 20.08.10 image, version 20.08.13 known to have stability problem on many users. After setting up Armbian on the micro SD, reboot (to finish the setup) and login as root, you can check eMMC for filesystem error fsck -p /dev/mmcblk1p1 You can try to change the password of Armbian on the eMMC: Spoiler mkdir -p /mnt/emmc mount /dev/mmcblk1p1 /mnt/emmc mount -o bind /proc /mnt/emmc/proc mount -o bind /sys /mnt/emmc/sys mount -o bind /dev /mnt/emmc/dev mount -o bind /dev/pts /mnt/emmc/dev/pts chroot /mnt/emmc/…

  47. It seems a package is missing from the Armbian 23.8 Bookworm CLI that results in this error. I encountered an add-apt-repository: traceback error. To fix it just run: sudo apt install python3-launchpadlib

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.4k views
  48. I don't have a NanoPC-T4, but I have a NanoPC-T6 which I mainly bought because of the Dual Camera options of the MCAM400 on the T4 and the high-speed encoding properties of the Rockchip... those possibilities should be very similar for the T6 actually... Whatever, the camera configuration seems to be mostly here but I struggle to do the similar thing with the device tree of the T6... Anyone who has an idea about this and is willing to help me with that?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.3k views
  49. What Works: - USB2 and USB3 - PCIe2 - GMAC - eMMC on HS200 mode - Cpufreq - User and maskrom buttons Dmesg Output: https://paste.armbian.com/onelomofit You can download them from Rolling releases section on https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-r6s/ page. Images include devicetrees for R6S and R6C. If you have R6C, you must change the devicetree from armbianEnv.txt.

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.4k views
  50. I am trying to update my Banana Pi M64: missinglink% cat /etc/armbian-release # PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BOARD=bananapim64 BOARD_NAME="Banana Pi M64" BOARDFAMILY=sun50iw1 BUILD_REPOSITORY_URL=https://github.com/armbian/build BUILD_REPOSITORY_COMMIT=869a89d6-dirty DISTRIBUTION_CODENAME=focal DISTRIBUTION_STATUS=supported VERSION=20.05.4 LINUXFAMILY=sunxi64 BRANCH=current ARCH=arm64 IMAGE_TYPE=stable BOARD_TYPE=conf INITRD_ARCH=arm64 KERNEL_IMAGE_TYPE=Image but when I run this command: missinglink% sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade -y I get these errors: W: An error occurred durin…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.6k views
  51. Started by LeCaNo,

    I don't know if this is the right subforum for this question. Would Armbian be possible for the PineTab2?

  52. Started by SUNDraK,

    Hi there, https://www.armbian.com/rockpi4/ I see there are specific builds for versions. Version A, the link does not contain an image. Does the general image work on all versions? or the link is simply broken? Kind regards

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 3k views
  53. Started by Madams500,

    Hello, I have been able to boot the offical debian image recommend for the rock pi 5b from a NVME SSD. This is after updating the SPI using the windows software. I now cant seem to get armbian to boot from NVME or SD card. I have serial access to the Rock 5b and get the following see attached. Anyone able to point me in the correct direction. I think i need to flash the rock pi so it boots from SD once more. Thanks Matt Rock 5b Armbian fail.txt

  54. Started by Gwen Lg,

    Hello, after some u-boot test, my helios64 don't start the bootloader stage. I can etablish a serial connection on USB Type-c port, but when I tried to start the system, I have no output on it. After I disconnected everything : - I connect usb-c cable, I'm able to connect to serial console with picocom - I connect the power cable, The LED1 (System Rail Power) is on, and the LED9 (Battery Status) flashes. - I press the power botton (without sdcard) : - LED2 and LED3 (Periph. Rail Power and HDD Rail Power) are on - LED4 and LED5 (System ON and HDD Activity) are on. - nothing happen on serial console - If I keep SWI (power …

  55. As you can see the WAN-port/NIC registers fine with a label from the nanopi-r6c device tree $ grep fe1c0000 /boot/dtb/rockchip/rk3588s-nanopi-r6c.dtb grep: /boot/dtb/rockchip/rk3588s-nanopi-r6c.dtb: binary file matches dmesg: dmesg | grep fe1c0000 [ 7.287277] rk_gmac-dwmac fe1c0000.ethernet: init for RGMII_RXID [ 7.287373] rk_gmac-dwmac fe1c0000.ethernet: User ID: 0x30, Synopsys ID: 0x51 [ 7.287377] rk_gmac-dwmac fe1c0000.ethernet: DWMAC4/5 [ 7.287381] rk_gmac-dwmac fe1c0000.ethernet: DMA HW capability register supported [ 7.287385] rk_gmac-dwmac fe1c0000.ethernet: RX Checksum Offload Engine supported [ 7.287388] rk_gmac-dwmac fe1…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  56. Started by Rmleonard,

    I have the Helios64 NAS and am now at the point where I'll either get it working or toss it out and get something else.... it boots and runs and stops most of the time let's get some of the basics out of the way so we can figure out if here is the "best" spot to get help... uname -a returns root@helios64:/home/rmleonard# uname -a Linux helios64 5.10.21-rockchip64 #21.02.3 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 8 01:05:08 UTC 2021 aarch64 GNU/Linux cat /etc/os-release root@helios64:/home/rmleonard# cat /etc/os-release PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)" NAME="Debian GNU/Linux" VERSION_ID="10" VERSION="10 (buster)" VERSI…

  57. Started by alchemist,

    Hi, I got write errors on the eMMC, and the filesystem becomes read-only. Dmesg shows that: [ 304.982737] mmc2: running CQE recovery [ 304.987677] mmc2: running CQE recovery [ 304.989762] blk_update_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk2, sector 26826008 op 0x1:(WRITE) flags 0x4000 phys_seg 127 prio class 0 [ 304.989791] EXT4-fs warning (device mmcblk2p1): ext4_end_bio:345: I/O error 10 writing to inode 789645 starting block 3353569) [ 305.021383] mmc2: running CQE recovery [ 305.026213] mmc2: running CQE recovery [ 305.030808] mmc2: running CQE recovery [ 305.032702] blk_update_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk2, sector 26265544 op 0x1:(WRITE) fl…

  58. Hello, So is anyone aware of a way (like a text file)to populate with values etc to bypass the need to be interactive during first boot? Since this device is displayless and I hate to pop the case every time to hookup the console cable when setting up a half dozen devices. I imagine I could alter the first boot script, but was just wondering if there was another way. Thanks! Richard

  59. Started by SuperKali,

    Hello, I tried to install Armbian on my NanoPC T6, but when I boot it and look at the dmesg, I see some errors related to the emmc module. The emmc module is not the problem; I have tried different operating systems, and I don't encounter these issues. Here are the logs: https://paste.superkali.me/dajiqaloxa.yaml Thank you in advance.

  60. Hello, with the last kernel update I have untimely reboot of my nas. some info : hardware : helios64 os : armbian bullseye based with openmediavault 6 on top kernel : armbian-bsp-cli-helios64-current:arm64 23.8.1 before the update to armbian-bsp-cli 23.8.1 the system have some unexpected restarts, but less than 1 by day. With last version, the system restarts itself sometime only few minutes after the start. With a debug console, I got the following kernel panic : [ 510.791607] Internal error: Oops: 0000000096000044 [#1] PREEMPT SMP [ 510.792174] Modules linked in: xt_nat xt_tcpudp veth xt_conntrack nft_chain_nat xt_MASQUE…

  61. Started by Endian,

    I tried hackning the rock-5A.wip file to allow me to build the collabora version, and it worked quite nicely! The board boots into linux and the ethernet port and usb seem to work! so should i try to send up a pull request to the armbian GitHub to include this change, an if so How should i do this? otherwise someone else with experience is wecome to do it too! / Kenneth

  62. Hi all, For most Nanopi devices there are packages in the registry which contain the u-boot files, for example: https://mirrors.dotsrc.org/armbian-apt/pool/main/l/linux-u-boot-nanopi-r4s-current/ Is there a reason these packages aren't present for the Nanopi R6S? The reason behind this question is that I used to extract the u-boot from these packages to experiment with other OS'es which have no official release for a certain device. Of course I can get the u-boot from the downloadable images its first couple bytes, but downloading just the package is way smaller. If there is another source to obtain the u-boot blobs I am all ears. …

  63. Started by en3sis,

    I'm trying to get the image for the Radxa 5A model and the website https://mirror-us-phx1.armbian.airframes.io/dl/rock-5a/archive/ seems to be down since this morning. Any idea?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.8k views
  64. Started by Magnetiser,

    I can't get my 5B to recognise the Coral USB Accelerator. lsusb doesn't show anything but does when I attach a USB storage device. I've installed libedgetpu1-std with a validated gpg key but nothing happens - the led on the device doesn't even turn on. Do I need to install a special USB driver or something into the kernel ?

  65. Hello. My question is how to get the English version of the play store app on Orange Pi OS (droid). I have the preinstalled beta version of Orange Pi OS (droid). I have set the system language to English, but the play store app is still in Chinese. I would like to take advantage of the wide selection of android apps available. Please help me install an English version of the app store. Thank you.

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.2k views
  66. Started by ahtoh,

    Received my SBC today, installed armbian and run quick tests Runs very hot (in stock yellow case). Throttles under load and can not run at full 1500Mhz Below results on armbian measured with armbianmonitor -m power measured from the wall 71C / 2.5W / 600Mhz idle 85C / 3.7W / 1000Mhz under load (stress -c 4) I also tested without case and results are better but still it throttles under full load. Ambient temperature was about 25C Is this just me and my unit has faulty heatsink or you also observe similar results? Any ideas on how to fix this? I see there is a fan header on the board but no fan installed, just the heatsink, but…

  67. Started by Peter Andersson,

    The rock pi 4 is no longer on the download page? https://www.armbian.com/download/?device_support=Supported&tx_maker=radxa&arch=aarch64 There is no rock pi 4 link any more?

  68. I have the newest Armbian 28.08.0-trunk image running on a NanoPi R6C with a 4TB NVMe SSD. The NanoPi is only connected to power and 1G ethernet via the 1G WAN port. When using the machine as NAS with Samba and a Windows client connected there is a strange problem when receiving large files. The files are stored on the NVMe SSD with ~450MB/s read/write via PCIe 2.1x1. When transmitting files from the NanoPi to a SMB client the 1G ethernet is maxed out but when receiving files the connection drops down to ~60 MB/s every few seconds. This instantly gets fixed when using the 2.5G LAN port instead of the 1G WAN port. On that po…

  69. I am trying to get a RPi camera (imx219) working on a RockPI 4C. I have been piecing together DTS files from various places trying to make sense of it, and I noticed that the rkisp kernel module isn't compiled on the Rockchip64 kernels. Is there a reason for this or am I missing something? Looking at the kernel menuconfig, only one of its dependencies isn't compiled: `V4L_PLATFORM_DRIVERS=n`.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  70. Hey guys, I just received an orange pi 5b, pcb says version 1.1. Unfortunately, the HDMI is dead, out of the box. No display is being recognized. The pi boots, though. Then I had a closer look at the HDMI connector on the board. I wonder if the HDMI ever works for anybody. The traces are connected in the wrong place, especially the DDC lines for monitor data and the hotplug detect is mixed up. The picture confirms that. The pin on the lef is supposed to be hotplug detect, but it routed like a differential pair and connects to a capacitor. The other trace of that pair is also in the wrong place. Can some of you confirm that? Do…

  71. I did a lot of power consumption tests with my NanoPi R6C and noticed something strange when switching from kernel 5.10.110 to kernel 5.10.160. Hardware NanoPi R6C 4GB 32GB Sandisk High Endurance microSD Card Ugreen 18W USB Power Supply Software Armbian 23.5.1 Nanopi-r6s bookworm Default settings (only changing fdtfile=rockchip/rk3588s-nanopi-r6s.dtb to fdtfile=rockchip/rk3588s-nanopi-r6c.dtb in /boot/armbianEnv.txt) Switching between legacy 5.10.160 and legacy 5.10.110 kernels with armbian-config With just 1Gbit Ethernet and the power supply connected in idle (measured at wall): kernel 5.10.110…

  72. Hi all, I am running armbian bookworm on a nanopi r6c (rk3588). At boot, wireguard does not resolve the endpoint (strange, because it runs after network-online.target) and instead of keep trying, it gives up. If I manually restart it, all is good. Attached screenshots show the different behaviour in a raspberry pi (rpi4 as hostname) running raspios, where it keeps trying to resolve the endpoint, and nanopi r6c not retrying. I will recompile kernel to enable wireguard debug (or is there a quicker way?)

  73. Hey guys, I figured it was time to ask again... Does doing an `apt full-upgrade` from Buster to Bullseye break anything like before a year ago? I kind of want to do it, but not if the eMMC issues are still around. I really prefer not using the slower SD card method. And i also want to ask about stability for people that still use a Kobol with Armbian on Bullseye. Any pertinent issues with anything? A few people on here have claimed that they have gotten the vanilla Debian kernel to run on the Helios64, but I'm not sure how... Sure would be great if the vanilla Debian distro worked on this board, but I doubt that'll ever happen... I love…

  74. Download: https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-r6s/ (unofficial WIP support)

  75. Dear all My nanopi M4 V2 does not start My configuration is a sd card for booting + a NVME for the system. I have installed a lot of applications : OMV Docker with portainer history : I would change version from nightlight to stable with a bug during the pre-configuration of OMV. I need to perform a CTRL + C to stop this frozen action. After that I reboot my device with the same issue from post 1 Could you please help me to recover my device ? I would like tried to comeback to the previous version But I do not find the process. Tha…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.8k views
  76. FriendlyELEC sells an 11.6inch eDP FHD LCD Display with Capacitive Touch for the nanoPC-T4. I'm trying my hardest to get it working with Armbian. Unfortunately, Armbian doesn't seem to detect the display: root@nanopct4:~# xrandr --listmonitors Monitors: 0 It works in the stock lubuntu image they provide so I'm trying to gather as much configuration information as I can from lubuntu to see what I need to do to get it working. I want to try a few different experiments.. I have a kernel.img file from lubuntu that I'd like to try booting with Armbian but I don't understand uboot very well and simply copying the kernel.img file to /boot under the same name as the e…

  77. Started by oneofthemany,

    I have updated the armbian-firmware to full package: root@rock-3a:/lib/firmware/mediatek# ls -la /lib/firmware/mediatek/ | grep mt7915 -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 3584 Feb 17 22:23 mt7915_eeprom.bin -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 3584 Feb 17 22:23 mt7915_eeprom_dbdc.bin -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 144544 Feb 17 22:23 mt7915_rom_patch.bin -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 116160 Feb 17 22:23 mt7915_wa.bin -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 1260960 Feb 17 22:23 mt7915_wm.bin but my Mediatek 7915e seems to still be unsupported: root@rock-3a:/lib/firmware/mediatek# lspci 0000:00:00.0 PCI bridge: Rockchip Electronics Co., Ltd RK3568 Remote Signal Processor (rev 01) 0000:01:00…

  78. I want to modife the dts file to support my device . But the dts file in source has some other file ,such as: 4 #include <dt-bindings/gpio/gpio.h> 5 #include <dt-bindings/leds/common.h> 6 #include <dt-bindings/pinctrl/rockchip.h> 7 #include <dt-bindings/soc/rockchip,vop2.h> 8 #include "rk3568.dtsi" and than I want to compile this dts file by dtc , has some error: Error: rk3568-hm.dts:4.1-9 syntax error FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree so, how can I do that ? Could I compile the device tree separately? No compile all project or patch? thx u bro

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.2k views
  79. Started by Kazymir,

    Good morning, I am an electronics engineer, and wanted to make an additional card for the nanopi neo3 based on the rk3328 to add an EMMC and an SPI memory to it so that it no longer uses an sd card. By dint of searching the forum, I managed to modify the dtb files of the neo3 to include the spi@ff190000 of my neo3 and to make the dtbo files spidev and jedec. But unfortunately, armbian-config cannot finish the job. For information I use a N25Q064..3E (flashroom information with active spidev) and goes back well in /dev/mtd0 in jedec. but in my armbian i have no file /usr/lib/uboot***spl.bin. Maybe the problem …

  80. Started by divis1969,

    Hi, I've booted the board from SD card with the latest image and I'm trying to configure the board to boot from MTD and use USB drive as a system drive. When running armbian-config (or armbian-install, or nand-sata-install), it fails with error "SPI u-boot image not found!". It looks like the bootloader package is missing the /usr/lib/linux-u-boot-current-rock64_23.02.2_arm64/rkspi_loader.img. Can I find it anywhere? Dmitry

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.7k views
  81. Started by massive,

    Hi My problem is that armbian 6.0.7 kernel hasn't recognised my 28" samsung 4k monitor.It recognised like a 29" monitor.How can I fix this problem? and in 4k resolution right of the screen doesn't show properly.In this side of the screen is completely white. Another problem is that 4k video plays very slowly How can I fix this problem? Thank you for your answers!

  82. I've been struggling to get interrupt to work on my 5b with a water flow sensor. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Here's what I've tried and validated so far: Hardware: The flow sensor signal wire is connected to wiringpi pin 2, which is physical pin 7, gpio pin 54 I've put in a pull-down resistor between the gpio pin and GND I've confirmed with a multi-meter that the signal line has a voltage of 0 when the sensor isn't spinning. I've confirmed that "gpio read 2" shows the pin as 0 in that state I've confirmed that the signal line voltage peaks to around 1.5 vdc when the …

  83. I solved this for myself and created an account so I could post it here. I saw a few posts going back years which said either this can't be done on an Orange Pi 5 or they had no replies. The problem: I wanted to boot my system from the EMMC but leave my large capacity SD card plugged in for extra storage. The script in armbian-config worked as expected. However, leaving the SD card inserted caused the board to continue to boot from it. Wiping the SD prevented the board from booting at all. I could eject the SD card, boot from the EMMC and then re-insert the SD card to use it as storage, but that's annoying. The solution: I noticed …

  84. Started by asendem,

    What i know orange pi has two microphone option. 1- on board microphone 2 - from audio in out When i check with arecord -l i see only one card which is realtek5651 ı have tried voice record with arecord. ı couldnt get any voice. with usb sound card i can record. i can listen with on board auido out. Why i can not get any voice from on board microphone or audio in.? you can see my alsa values http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=351ef8f0285ef89eaa267f2b7ff9866f06ef3413 you can see all informations http://ix.io/2rH8

  85. I plan to upgrade my NVMe memory. I currently boot off it - I set this up using the Armbian installer. Before doing the upgrade I'd like to know that I can boot off my SD card, should anything go wrong with the upgrade. But I'm unsure how to disable the NVMe boot sequence (which I think is SPI flash --> eMMC/mmcboot --> NVMe). If I insert my Armbian SD card, the system doesn't start. I've tried shorting pins 23/25 to disable the SPI flash but this has no effect. I am assuming that I can complete the upgrade by amending armbianEnv.txt to make the 'rootdev=UUID' line point to the new NVMe's UID? Is there a known solution to my que…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  86. I've installed Armbian_v22.05.2_Rockpi-4cplus_jammy_current_6.1.33_minimal and whatever I try to play a 1080p video via the performance is horrible with very slow refresh, totally unusable. Normally loki gives me acceptable performance on SBCs of similar performance but not in this case. The Rock 4c plus is quite powerful so I'm really shocked at how badly it's performing. Let me be clear, I understand that the issue I see is not that the Rock 4c plus isn't cable of playing video, clearly it is and I'm not complaining about the hardware of the device. It's just that the software being used clearly needs to be optimised for it and most things out th…

  87. Hello all, since I didn't find a hint in an other blog I opened this topic. I tried to install gdm3 on a Armbian_23.5.4_Rock-5a_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_gnome or xcfe installtion in order to enable Wayland. I always got the masseage: Does anybody have an idea? Thanks, Best regards, Kersten

  88. Hey everyone, I need some assistance with a problem I'm facing. I recently attempted to attach a 5V cooler to my Orange Pi 4 board, but unfortunately, nothing seems to be happening. I even used a multi-meter to measure the voltage, and it consistently shows 0.0V. To ensure I connected everything correctly, I consulted online diagrams and made sure I was using the appropriate pins. Currently, I am powering my Orange Pi 4 using the USB-C connection. Could this be the cause of the issue? Should I change to use the power jack connection? I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions you can provide. Thank you in advance.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.2k views
  89. I think I found a regression: It seems the USB 3.0 port is not working with kernel 5.10.160. It was working with kernel 5.10.110. So I have two questions: 1. How do I file a bug-report ? 2. Linux 6.3 officially supports the rockchip-rk3588 (6.4 is out). When can we expect a kernel update and which kernel version would that be? Thank you

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 4k views
  90. Started by testertest,

    Hi all, I have an Armbian installed on Orange PI 4B. I am trying to connect a flight controller to Orange PI 4B by using UART port. This board has a 40 pin header. I went to armbian-config, and enabled the UART1 and UART 4 which are available from armbian-config. I plug the UART port (to Pin 8 and pin 10) on the 40 pin header. Is that port UART 4? I am not sure. It does not work. I tried the debug port, but the Orange PI does not start up if something is plugged in to the debug UART port. The PIN layout https://wiki.adopisoft.com/doku.php?id=4.0.0:gpio_numbering The layout of the board is…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.1k views
  91. Hi, Currently working on building the kernel modules for tinkerboard-2. But wonder how to deploy my local build (kernel, device tree and full kernel modules) to my boards without re-flashing the SD card image. Could anyone provide me a instruction guide? Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  92. I have been looking around for a way to boot OrangePi5b from the eMMC drive while a blank for formatted SD Card is inserted for extra storage space. I dd wrote the debian server image to flash, booted and got no display, connected by ssh and it does recognized the eMMC storage. Download Armbian-legacy-bookworm image and dd'd that to the EMMC and it boots with a working display. Great, did a lot of work setting up Xorg with task-xfce4-desktop, xfce4-goodies, pulseaudio, firefox-esr, brave. gtkterm, tigervnc-viewer, remmina, wine32 for winbox, winbox and all working but was not able to find a way to boot with the SD card inserted. After checking many hints onlin…

  93. This is a HTML5 audio/video tester for web browsers: https://tools.woolyss.com/html5-audio-video-tester/ As you can see .webm is not enabled because frankly I have no idea which package I need to enable that. I have opus and av1 installed: ii libdav1d5:arm64 0.9.2-1 arm64 fast and small AV1 video stream decoder (shared library) ii libopus0:arm64 1.3.1-0.1build2 arm64 Opus codec runtime library I tried gstreamer1.0-ugly and gstreamer1.0-bad but to no avail. Any idea's which package I am missing?

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 4.8k views
  94. Hi, I installed Armbian Bookworm Minimal CLI on my Rock 5b and followed the instructions on this post to get the fan to work properly. Specifically, git clone https://github.com/lukaszsobala/fan-control-rock5b cd fan-control-rock5b make package sudo dpkg -i fan-control*.deb sudo systemctl enable fan-control systemctl start fan-control However, the software won't start. When trying to run it manually, I get, $ sudo /usr/sbin/fan-control pwmchip: 0 gpio: 0 pwm-period: 20000 temp-map: speed: 0, temp: 20, duty: 8400, duration: 10 speed: 1, temp: 50, duty: 9600, duration: 2 speed: 2, temp: 60, duty: 10800, duration: 2 speed: 3, temp: 70, …

  95. flashing Armbian 23.5 Bookworm to tinkerboard 2. everything is working well except the USB otg.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  96. How to use GPIOS like the FriendlyELEC's official system? Wiringpi does not work on Armbian, can you adapt the Armbain system of Nanopc T4 to Wiringpi?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.8k views
  97. Started by Erica,

    Hello, I stupidly upgraded without thinking about the possible consequences. 6.1 to 6.2. Ive had my /home on nvme. But the nvme drive is no longer recognized. I have managed to get my display back, Im not sure about my panel yet. I had restore my device tree overlay. Ive hacked around losing the nvme. But it would be good to get my nvme drive back. I've got some work to do to deal with not having that storage and what was on it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Alternatively, maybe it's not too hard to roll back to 6.1? I haven't contemplated that.

  98. I am encountering a problem with my Orangepi4 where I am unable to get the Bluetooth connection to work properly with my speaker. Specifically, after connecting the Bluetooth, there is no option in the audio output settings to use the Bluetooth speaker as the output device. I have tried installing Bluetooth support using armbian-config and have also attempted restarting both the Bluetooth service and the system, but none of these solutions have been successful. Here is the system log for reference: (link to the log: https://paste.armbian.com/esohoyezit) I would greatly appreciate any assistance or guidance on resolving this issue. Thank you.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  99. Hi I just installed armbian on my rockpi 4c+ and wanted to check the temperature so I found that I should be able to run cat /etc/armbianmonitor/datasources/soctemp But that just gives the error cat: /etc/armbianmonitor/datasources/soctemp: No such file or directory It seems /etc/armbianmonitor/datasources/soctemp is a link to /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp but I have no /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0 directory, under thermal I have ├── cooling_device0 │ ├── cur_state │ ├── max_state │ ├── power │ │ ├── autosuspend_delay_ms │ │ ├── control │ │ ├── runtime_active_time │ │ ├── runtime_status │ │ └── runt…

  100. Hello, I faced an issue some weeks ago with a brand new eMMC card on my RockPi 4A that is now solved. I succeeded in installing Armbian onto it from the running SD card but quickly found tons of error messages in syslog related to eMMC, of the following: Mar 2 21:53:46 rockpi1 kernel: [ 2107.590024] mmc1: running CQE recovery Mar 2 21:53:46 rockpi1 kernel: [ 2107.609557] mmc1: running CQE recovery Mar 2 21:53:46 rockpi1 kernel: [ 2107.615886] mmc1: running CQE recovery Mar 2 21:53:46 rockpi1 kernel: [ 2107.617068] blk_update_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk1, sector 17498312 op 0x1:(WRITE) flags 0x104000 p hys_seg 17 prio class 0 Mar 2 21:53:46 ro…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.