Orange Pi 5 Plus
163 topics in this forum
-
Hi, last night a set of updates was installed and I rebooted the Orange Pi 5+ this morning. After the reboot I've seem to have lost the connection to the Orange Pi 5+, it is normally connected without a screen so I access it through SSH and the Open Media Vault web GUI. I've tried to connect it to a screen and then it seems to boot up just fine. Looking around with the screen connected it seems like the network cards aren't detected. My Linux skills are very limited but "sudo lshw -class network" shows nothing. One detail is that my router seems to detect it when it's connected and gives it the normal IP address that I've set in the 192.168.0.x ran…
-
Hi all, Just want to share this issue i came across from my recently purchased OPI5+ 32GB version. I noticed it freezes when transferring .img from micro SD card to eMMC or NVMe drives via the command line. Now the img file are armbian OS and no its not the img file issue. at times I can get it to around 70seconds and it will freeze. hard reboot is required, unable to complete the transfer. I have also tried to reduce the bs=10 speed but still the same. Now i have also got the 16GB version and this works fine with no issues... Good chance there is something wrong with this latest hardware..…
-
Reputation Points
- 61 replies
- 29.9k views
- 5 followers
-
-
So I was messing around with my new OrangePi-5+ and installed the EDK2 UEFI firmware for Rockchip RK3588 platforms onto the SPI flash (/dev/mtdblock0). After which I tried all sorts of images and kernels with varying success, only the 5.10.160-legacy-rk3588 kernel would really have a working display. Until I tried a generic UEFI arm64 image (Jammy-CLI on a USB stick) which gave a working display, albeit at 1080p max. (my monitor is 4K) with no acceleration (after the extra steps), and installed the Mate desktop (just my preference). The big caveat is that it does not recognize the SD-card, EMMC or SPI-flash, just regular drives (e.g. sda/nvme0n1 etc) and I'm…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 29.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I recently bought an orange pi plus and am using the armbian 6.12 server (https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi5-plus/Noble_current_server) I'm wanting to setup hardware acceleration for jellyfin but having trouble with the right steps. I'm using jellyfin inside docker on the orange pi inside armbian. I've found various tutorials but it seems like some of them reference things that no longer exist (like panfork seems to no longer be needed for latest mesa if I'm understanding correctly?), so wanting to see what I need to do to set this up. So it seems like I need to disable panthor and use mali instead, but I can't find in the armbian config menu the opt…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 24.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've got Orange Pi 5 Plus board with 16 Gb of RAM, 256 Gb of eMMC, Realtek RTL8852BE-CG wireless module. SD card is Samsung EVO Plus 32Gb. I tried to run Armbian images on this board (from the SD-card I've mentioned before) but it was absolutely failed. I tried 5 images: Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_gnome-amazingfated_desktop.img.xz Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_legacy_5.10.160.img.xz Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_gnome-amazingfated_desktop.img.xz Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_edge_6.7.0-rc1.img.xz Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_jammy_edge_6.7.0-rc1.img.xz which…
-
Reputation Points
- 27 replies
- 20.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I have built and used it with the latest source and still HDMI audio and analog audio does not work. Is there any way to get HDMI audio to work other than using the vendor kernel?
-
Reputation Points
- 52 replies
- 18.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello again, Based on the recommendations provided in a previous ticket, I have decided to attempt to build a custom image for the Orangepi 5 Plus. I read the docs provided in the link of that post and noticed that there is no mention of installing the cross complier tool chain for arm in ubuntu 22.04, which I just downloaded for this purpose. Do I need to install those tools or will that be addressed once I clone the git repo and run the compile.sh BOARD=orangepi5-plus ? Also the instructions mention Multipass and Docker, I have a Debian 12 workstation with virt-manager installed, will that work or will I need a dedicated ubuntu 22.04…
-
Hello everyone, This is my 1st post on the forum. My intention with this post is not to report a specific issue that I am running into, but more because I would like to collect info and suggestions from people with more experience than myself. I've recently received an Orange Pi 5 Plus and have spent a bit of time exploring operating systems suitable for this system and have settled on the Armbian solution. I'm a HW designer by trade, and have done some SW work, but I do not consider myself proficient in SW at all. I find my way around things, but that's about as far as it goes.... For the my planned use of the OPi5+, I will need eMMC b…
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 17.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Updated: The Armbian vendor kernel version now includes Panthor, and will soon be able to run it as well. Waydroid images: https://github.com/WillzenZou/armbian_fork_build/releases/download/willzen-armbian-24.5.0/2.waydroid-panthorv10-240416-v1.img.tar.gz Note: Waydroid needs to be run in the Wayland desktop environment. (Such as Gnome wayland, KDE wayland session) What's work: OpenGL ES is ok, I have tested some game: Mincecrat, gameSHINE, Monument Valley 2 What's not work: Vulkan. Video hardware decode and encode. How to use Waydroid 1. To install Waydroid,…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 17.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello everyone! I was struggling to make wiring work on OrangePi 5 Plus armbian. Tried everything and came up with a solution that worked for me. I was constantly getting these errors: wiringPiSetup: mmap (PWM) failed: Operation not permitted wiringPiSetup: mmap (GPIO) failed: Operation not permitted I'm on 23.8.2. 1. Install armbian and update apt sudo apt update 2. As stated in OrangePi5Plus wiki page I got .deb installer for wiringPi on OrangePi Now here's the link to this file: https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong/orangepi-build/blob/next/external/cache/debs/arm64/wiringpi_2.51.deb 3. The mos…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 16.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
RTL8852BE is the official recommended Wifi module for Orange Pie 5 PLUS, but it is not available in Armbian 24.5.1 Linux Vendor Kernel 6.1 without a driver module. Hope the official driver will be added to the 6.1 kernel. Thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 16.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I'm pretty new to this forum may be I will ask some already answered questions, but here they are: I just had a new orangepi 5 plus card and I failed to use the "buses": - I2s: didn't find anywhere how to activate it (i'm trying a dac as a soundcard). Didn't find the hifiberry-dac overlay neither (ok maybe this one is just for raspberry). - spi: I plugged a simple mcp3008 to the spi pins but can't read anything on it (i have the /dev/spidev0.0/1 and /dev/spiddev4.0/1 devices). I think I respected the rights pins. - i2c: when I activate the overlays in armbianEnv.txt, I can see a lot of messages every seconds with dmesg about rk-hdmi. Ma…
-
Hello, Long time Gentoo and Raspberry Pi user, but I am interested in a more powerful Arm device. Will buy an Orange Pi 5 plus device if it meets my requirements. I am interested about dual or multiple boot: let's say Linux and Android or, at least multiple Linux distro - let's say Armbian and Gentoo. It is possible ? On Raspberry Pi 4 with a larger boot partition I switch content of /boot from boot/debian /boot/gentoo, have multiple partition on SATA SSD connected via USB edit root parameter in /boot/cmdline.txt and that way I choose which distro to boot. On Orange PI 5 (Plus) I read that SPI chip have to be flashed to choose the boot device fro…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 15.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi gals & guys, Came over to this forum from the OPI forums which seem.. rather low on real-user activity. I am quite new to the SBC Arm64 platform and have many questions. I am an experienced sysadmin on x86/amd64 and still figuring out the differences. I bought a Orange Pi 5 Plus 32G of RAM and i am running of the 256G emmc. I am able to run different OS's (OPI-Ubuntu, OPI-debian, plain Ubuntu and Armbian). As i intend to use the board as server i didn't look into Android and the like.. My plan is running (OMV) from the emmc and attaching ZFS storage by means of a nvme-to-sata adapter and providing iscsi storage from there to my home-lab with my VM's …
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 15.4k views
-
-
EDIT: I am using the Armbian 23.5.5 Orange Pi 5 Plus Jammy Legacy 5.10.160 Gnome Desktop image Let me preface this with I am a Linux noob and this is one step below black magic voodoo to me. For some reason my Orange Pi 5 Plus USB 3.0 ports are no longer functioning. I setup my OPi at my testing station and everything was working fine (except I couldn't get my WiFi dongle to work but that's a different post) After I turned off my Orange Pi 5 Plus, disconnected it and set it back up where it was going to be staged now the USB 3.0 ports no longer function. Putting in the "lsusb" command shows all my ports, including the non-f…
-
Hi, newbie here again.... I recently switched to Armbian from Orange Pi Ubuntu. I am running Armbian 23.8.1 Jammy with Linux 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx My issue is a noticeable slowdown in NVME performance. I now get 522.35 MB/sec (as per hdparm test), but before on orange pi ubuntu it was around 1900 MB/s . FYI...Armbian is installed on and booting from the NVME. everything else seems to work perfect and I don't get smartctl errors. Please advise - Crucial P3 4TB PCIe M.2 2280 SSD NVMe (PCIe Gen 3 x4) - Have all the latest updates /dev/nvme0n1: Timing cached reads: 7988 MB in 2.0…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 13.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, I just received an "orange pi 5 plus" and I wanted to use the hdmi-input feature in it. I installed armbian and added the hdmirx overlay, and now I can use ffmpeg or gstreamer to stream video input. Good. Alas, I see no alsa hdmi input card. I tried to search for some settings but didn't find any... The only information I found on this feature are here https://github.com/armbian/linux-rockchip/blob/rk-6.1-rkr3/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3588-orangepi-5-plus.dts do you have any pointer to give me on how to enable this feature? (I know how to compile stuff, using Linux since 1998 ) thanks …
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 12.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I've come from Joshua's 24.04 Server build. I was concerned that the support was dropping off as he's having a well deserved break. I've installed the latest Server build from here. https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi5-plus/Noble_current_server-kisak Works fine, have moved it to EMMC and removed the SD card. I use a USB power meter to see how much juice it uses. I noticed this build uses about 20 to 25% more when idle or under load compared to Josh's 6.1 kernel build. I am suspecting 6.12 has enabled more hardware in the OPi5+ and this is the reason. Is there a way to disable some of the HW to low…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 12.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I must be doing something stupid. After having switched the branch "Multimedia" as M, no module are generated at all and I end up with error like: 🔨] ERROR: modpost: "dma_contiguous_default_area" [drivers/media/common/videobuf2/videobuf2-cma-sg.ko] undefined! [🔨] ERROR: modpost: "cma_release" [drivers/media/common/videobuf2/videobuf2-cma-sg.ko] undefined! [🔨] ERROR: modpost: "cma_alloc" [drivers/media/common/videobuf2/videobuf2-cma-sg.ko] undefined! Reading documentation to buld armbian, it only mention docker. I have been (last year) generating kernel on the machine itself (the orange pi 5 plus), this is not supported? thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 21 replies
- 12k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I understand that panthor is not supported for wayland but in that case I would expect libmali to fill in... but I ended up with lvmpipe. The overlay along with another recent post led me to believe that panthor was the expected default and libmali was an artifact, but I'm now questioning that after finding a thread identifying use cases where libmali can be preferred and a comment suggesting panthor wouldn't be available until 6.13. As a result, I am now questioning if there is a reason that software acceleration is the default and the user is expected to determine which path they want to go? I know support for the hardware has been slow going so I …
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 11.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. The official adapter does not work for my orange pi 5 plus. https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005005956334270.html?spm=a2g2w.orderdetail.0.0.4e224aa6r3APff&sku_id=12000035019805399 The problem is this. Wi-Fi works, you turn on bluetooth, bluetooth doesn’t work initially. After turning on bluetooth, Wi-Fi does not work and bluetooth does not work either. Realtek RTL8852BE-CG BE CPU work in all officials builds. Help me please
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 11.3k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi Anyone else having problems with NVMe disks on the Orange Pi 5 Plus 16gb? I have a WD Black SN750 and use the original power supply, I have tried with Armbian and Ubuntu Rockchip and with both I have random failures at startup not recognizing the drive. When fail I do this tests: 08:13:33 cristian@orangepi5-plus ~ → lspci 0000:00:00.0 PCI bridge: Rockchip Electronics Co., Ltd Device 3588 (rev 01) 0000:01:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Sandisk Corp Device 501e 0002:20:00.0 PCI bridge: Rockchip Electronics Co., Ltd Device 3588 (rev 01) 0002:21:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireles…
-
Reputation Points
- 18 replies
- 11.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a new Orange Pi 5 plus 16GB. Seems a pretty cool board and I want to replace my old Rpi 4 for Media center and Home assistant. I tried several distribution but can't get all my stuff working. The OPI5+ is attached to an onkio 5.1 receiver and the receiver go to a FHD TV. What is want to achieve is in Kodi 1. play video with GPU 2. libCec in Kodi to control Onkio volume 3. Passthrough audio Is there a working solution? Thank you
-
Reputation Points
- 19 replies
- 10.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I installed latest Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_vendor_6.1.43_minimal.img and I can't get wifi to work. The adapter is RTL8852BE. I installed armbian-firmware-full and the adapter is shown in lspci, but there is no wireless interface. armbian-config does not list wifi as an option. armbianmonitor -u
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 10.8k views
- 4 followers
-
-
i also have issues to move the system to the nvme ssd 😞 my base is the Armbian 25.5.1 with 6.1.115 (vendor kernel) image .... "copied" (usbimager) it to the sdcard and its booting ... 🙂 so I upgraded the system on the sdcard, still running 🙂 I read some posts and advices .... so I partioned the nvme with one big partition (/dev/nvme0n1p1) running armbian-install choosing option 7, (loading/upgrading bootloader to mtd ) after this i choose option 4 (boot from mtd, system on sata, usb ... ) only possible selection was /dev/nvme0n1 ... looked ok said yes to everything no Error system goes to shutdown /power off …
-
New OPI5+, unable to finish install because ethernet doesn't work. I haven't been able to figure it out and my searches turned up nothing. journalctl has the following messages: - hpptx phy lane locked! - rk_gmac-dwmac fe1c0000.ethernet error: no phy at addr -1 - stmmac_open: cannot attach to phy (error -19) I've checked power supply, cables, edited the interfaces file, and more , with no success. I have an Orange Pi 5 that I can swap as is in its place and everything works. Coupled with the fact that I couldn't find mention of the errors, I'm hoping that someone can help me before I give up and return the OPI5…
-
Reputation Points
- 19 replies
- 10.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone, and Happy New Year. One question about Orange Pi 5 Plus: i have installed a wifi module (supported than what the official Orange documentation reports) AX210NGW in my Orange Pi 5 Plus main board with Operating System: Armbian 23.11.1 bookworm and Kernel: Linux 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx. I copied in /lib/firmware the firmware of the module (https://intel.ly/3S0QZrA). if from the terminal I run: lspci I see the device but in "Armbian-config" in hardware section don't see the wifi module, and I can't activate the module to surf the Internet or the local network in wifi. The question is: am I forgetting any steps to setup the wifi module cor…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 10.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Folks, I've got an Orange pi 5 plus up and running using Armbian, I've used the minimal install and although it's been plain sailing for the main part, no matter what I do I can't work out how to give it a static IP address (dynamic works fine). I've spent an hour trying: armbian-config, - Network | IP | Static and setting it to what I want - it ignores it and when I go back in it's gone back to 127.0.0.1 This page: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Networking/ Creates the yaml file with my interface abd required address as here: GNU nano 7.2 /etc/netplan/20-static-ip.ya…
-
Hello! First time poster, long time admirer. I've been unable to get ANY of the 6.10.x images to boot off SD card (Sandisk Extreme) for the Orange Pi 5 Plus. Specific images which are not working for me: Armbian_24.8.0-trunk.472_Orangepi5-plus_noble_edge_6.10.2_gnome-kisak_desktop.img.xz Armbian_24.5.5_Orangepi5-plus_noble_edge_6.10.1_gnome-kisak_desktop.img.xz Armbian_24.8.0-trunk.472_Orangepi5-plus_trixie_edge_6.10.2_minimal.img.xz Has anybody else had better luck?
-
Orange Pi 5 plus. It seems that in the 'edge' kernels, ssh is disabled by default. Since HDMI doesn't function this is a problem. I used the debugging UART and after setup I got the message "ssh.service is disabled" I enabled the service and all is well. Any reason why ssh would be disabled?
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 9.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
My setup includes orange pi 5 plus, Samsung NVME SSD M2 4 TB with Armbain os. 256 GB eMMC and Intel BE 200 Wi-Fi. There are no drivers for the intel BE 200 Wi-Fi or any instructions to make it work.
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 9.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I'd like to add hardware acceleration for my Orange PI 5 Plus, i've installed ` apt install -y clinfo` on the host (armbian) docker exec -it jellyfin /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -v debug -init_hw_device rkmpp=rk -init_hw_device opencl=ocl@rk ffmpeg version 6.0.1-Jellyfin Copyright (c) 2000-2023 the FFmpeg developers built with gcc 12 (Debian 12.2.0-14) configuration: --prefix=/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg --target-os=linux --extra-version=Jellyfin --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --disable-ptx-compression --disable-static --disable-libxcb --disable-sdl2 --disable-xlib --enable-lto --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-shared --enable-gmp --enable-gnutls …
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 8.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello Developers, I ran into some issues installing the latest release on an Orange Pi 5 Plus. The images I downloaded are as follows: Armbian_24.11.2_Orangepi5-plus_noble_current_6.12.0_kde-neon-kisak_desktop.img.xz Armbian_24.11.2_Orangepi5-plus_noble_vendor_6.1.75_gnome-kisak_desktop.img.xz The KDE version will install and boot from the 256GB emmc drive, however it only works if there is a 4K HDMI monitor attached to HDMI1, I was not able to get it to display on a 1920x1200 HDMI monitor nor a USB connected or HDMI connected portable display (2560x1440). The Gnome version will boot with any of those 4 types…
-
Is there a list of Armbian Kernels that include EMMC support? I've tried the vendor kernel build 6.1.99, the LTS 6.12.21, and Bleeding Edge 6.14.0 to find they all lack the mmcblk0 under /dev/ , and lack overlays for it under /boot/dtb/rockchip/overlays/. I have wiped SPI and SPNOR without success.
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 8.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am running an unmodified Server version of Armbian Linux v6.12 (Ubuntu 24.04) on an Orange Pi 5 Plus. I need to play sounds using the headphone jack on my SBC. Unfortunately the ES8388 sound chip is not recognized, the aplay -l output is as follows: **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: Analog [Analog], device 0: fe470000.i2s-es8328-hifi-analog es8328-hifi-analog-0 [fe470000.i2s-es8328-hifi-analog es8328-hifi-analog-0] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 The correct output on desktop systems should like this (and it was like this on Desktop Armbian). What should I do to enable the ES8388 sound chip while staying on a server OS? …
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 8.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, The RK3588 supports frequencies as low as 408MHz, but in armbian the minimum is 1008MHz, which makes the cpu run hotter and draw more power even when idle, compared with the OPI ubuntu version. These are the available frequencies: $ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_available_frequencies 1008000 1200000 1416000 1608000 1800000 $ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy6/scaling_available_frequencies 1200000 1416000 1608000 1800000 2016000 2208000 2400000 I want to add the missing frequencies, I tried to look in the armbian repo for dts files that contain these frequencies, but I couldn't find anything. Is is possibl…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 8.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all , Just installed last supported version: Armbian 24.8.1 Noble Gnome, MESA / VPU, Kernel: 6.1.75, Size: 1.5 GB, Release date: Aug 26, 2024 I have 2 dell monitors : u2515h ultrasharp 1440p, and more modern P3424WE with 3440x1440 max resolution. With both - armbian max resolution in display settings is always 1920x1080. My previous experience here was with radxa zero D1 and 1440p was working here smoothly out of box on different armbian images. I also tried Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy)KDE NeonMESA / VPU https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi5-plus/Jammy_current_kde-neon-kisak with same results: no resolution higher then 1080p …
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 7.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all Cannot make usable wol on my orange pi 5 plus. Os: Armbian 24.5.1 Bookworm with Linux 6.1.75-vendor-rk35xx WOL tested in magic or unicast settings or all flags enabled (phy, unicast, multicast, broadcast, arp, magic) Test sending wol packets with running tcpdump -i enP3p49s0 '(udp and port 7) or (udp and port 9)' show that orange pi successfully receive wol packets on speeds 1000 or even 10 mbps while powered on. But after sending orange pi to suspend or power off I cannot bring it online via WOL. So I suppose network component outside orange pi is ok and it is something wrong with orange pi. Any ideas?
-
SoC Rockchip RK3588 (8nm LP process) CPU • 8-core 64-bit processor • 4 x Cortex-A76(2.4GHz), 4 x Cortex-A55(1.8GHz) and separate NEON co-processors GPU • Arm Mali-G610 • Built-in 3D GPU • Compatible with OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.2, OpenCL 2.2 and Vulkan 1.2 NPU Embedded NPU supports INT4/INT8/INT16/FP16 mixed operation, with up to 6Tops computing power PMU RK806-1 RAM 4GB/8GB/16GB (LPDDR4/4x) Memory • QSPI Nor FLASH: 16MB/32MB • MicroSD card slot: up to 128GB • eMMC socket: 16GB/32GB/64GB/128GB/256GB eMMC module can be attached • M.2 2280 slot for NVMe SSDs (PCIe 3.0 x4) up to 2,000 MB/s USB • USB3.0 × 2 • USB2.0 × 2 • Type-C ×1 Video • 2x HDMI …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 7.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have some problem starting Linux image with my OPi 5+. I just got an OPi 5+ 16Gb RAM no eMMC. I flashed official Android image into SD card with SDDiskTool following the instruction in wiki. It worked. Then I do the "Data Reset" in Android Settings. The board doesn't boot anymore. I re-flashed Android into the SD, and it worked again. Then, I want to try Linux. I flashed Joshua Riek ubuntu-22.04.3-preinstalled-desktop-arm64-orangepi-5-plus.img.xz into the same SD with balenaEtcher. It doesn't boot. I tried again with Armbian_24.2.1_Orangepi5_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_gnome-amazingfated_desktop.img.xz and official Ubuntu image as well. None of them ma…
-
Hi Guys, I just did a new custom Armbian build ./compile.sh BOARD=orangepi5-plus BRANCH=vendor RELEASE=noble KERNEL_ONLY=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no. The image is Armbian-unofficial_25.11.0-trunk_Orangepi5-plus_noble_vendor_6.1.115_cinnamon_desktop and when I installed it on orangepi I see it is not supporting Panfrost/Mail: glxinfo | grep -E "OpenGL renderer|OpenGL version" OpenGL renderer string: llvmpipe (LLVM 20.1.2, 128 bits) OpenGL version string: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 25.0.7-0ubuntu0.24.04.2 but for older image Old_Armbian-unofficial_25.08.0-trunk_Orangepi5-plus_noble_vendor_6.1.115_cinnamon_desktop All was well glxinfo | grep -E "OpenGL rend…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 7.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Desktop images with Armbian Linux v6.12 variant Cinnamon with mesa/vpu support fails to boot from SD card. The message displayed on screen is "Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... (initramfs) _" SPI was erased, and the minimal install have no issues booting from a sd card. The SBC is an Orange Pi 5 Plus with 16gb ram
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello! Can anyone comment whether PCIE Passthrough is even theoretically possible on an Orange Pi 5+? Or should I just cease and desist? #1) The hardware seems to be there #2) IOMMU seems to be working at least for platform/PHP devices #3) VFIO looks to be on #4) no cigar The missing piece looks to be MMU600_PCIE support, as non-platform devices don't seem to be getting assigned iommu groups? --- #1 "There are two MMU600 instances in RK3588, MMU600_PCIE and MMU600_PHP respectively " https://github.com/FanX-Tek/rk3588-TRM-and-Datasheet/blob/master/Rockchip RK3588 TRM V1.0-Part1-20220309.pdf #2 root@oppa:~…
-
On the OrangePI-5-Plus, using an edge kernel, I've found that the desktop environment's GPU rendering works very smoothly on Wayland, in KDE 6 on Debian Trixie. It renders much more smoothly than gnome with Wayland (it's been my experience that the edge kernel is the only one that works). But I've encountered a major rendering bug. It only appears in Trixie KDE Plasma 6 with Wayland rendering. It does not appear when using x11 or when using either rendering in gnome. Nor does it appear at all in Bookworm. I have tried all kinds of things to "fix" these to no avail, including installing more wayland and mesa packages, then upgrading them to stable b…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 7k views
-
-
Hello all, I'm also bought an orange pi 5 pro :-) I have red a little bit in the Forum (after i'm bought) and I'm a little bit confused now 🙂 I'm new in the embedded (arm) world but have some knowledge from the desktop/x86 windows & linux world. my first expirience with the device was also .... intresting. I'm installed the official (orangepi.org) debian-booksworm image with the 6.1.xx kernel .... and diddnt get the network interfaces to run, and no nvme device available ... next try was with debian-booksworm image and the 5.10..xx kernel and the networks just runned and the nvme showed up. But i think for my need this kernel is…
-
Hi, A UEFI-ARM64 install of armbian opi5+ 24.11.0-trunk fails during armbian-install due to incorrect knowledge of partitions: root@uefi-arm64:/usr/sbin# lsblk -l NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTS sda 8:0 1 14.4G 0 disk sda1 8:1 1 256M 0 part /boot/efi sda2 8:2 1 14.2G 0 part /var/log.hdd / zram0 252:0 0 7.7G 0 disk [SWAP] zram1 252:1 0 50M 0 disk /var/log zram2 252:2 0 0B 0 disk nvme0n1 259:0 0 953.9G 0 disk nvme0n1p2 259:3 0 953.6G 0 part /mnt/armbian-install.NQULbp/rootfs /mnt/tmp…
-
Hi there I'm using Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble) KDE Neon image from may 26, 2025. After download this image and installing it, Wayland was working fine, not problems at all. Then, after a system upgrade, if i choose Wayland from session manager, the system freezes and i can't boot with Wayland, only X11... Before the update, the system was smooth, now it's really laggy....Like i said, i'm using Desktop image with Armbian Linux v6.12 KDE Neon (Ubuntu 24.04) There's something wrong with the update Anyone knows why is this happening, and any turnaround to use Wayland again?
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 6.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Guys, Here is my requirements for an electron app running Armbian OS on orangepi5 plus to support: Need GPU hardware acceleration to play video Need HDMI audio And possible NPU support. I really need help, I did lots of custom builds to find solution support all my above requirement and I found Armbian-unofficial_25.08.0-trunk_Orangepi5-plus_noble_edge_6.16.0-rc7_cinnamon_desktop.img. But my electron add crashes after running say 8 hrs or so, means it is not very stable for us [83833:0723/100030.362659:ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(877)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL error code 1, net_error -202 [83790:0723/101648.420086:ERRO…
-
Reputation Points
- 19 replies
- 6.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Any guidance on getting the native 2-pin fan connector and control working with Armbian Jammy? e.g. using pwm-fan driver to control the fan. Thanks for any help, please be kind, I'm a newbie 🙂
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 6.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
EDIT: I tried using ext4 rather than btrfs and.. somehow that solved it? I don't understand how the SSD file system would change how the bootloader is flashed because if properly flashed, the SD card shouldn't work at all, unless something has changed. Hey all, I wanted to move to the newest version of armbian (25.2.1) and for whatever reason neither `apt update && apt upgrade` nor `armbian-upgrade` (as a sanity check) worked so I wiped the SPI flash using `mtdtools` as prescribed in the forum post linked on the support page. 1) Booted from SD, installed Armbian and the bootloader. 2) Shut down, removed SD and turned on. Machine hung and never boote…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 6.4k views
-
-
Hmm, seems i need someone holding my hand all steps of the way 😇. Soon i'll need to pay some.. 🥰 I got my OPI5plus working from emmc with nvme-to-sata adapter on edge kernel and now i have 5 HDDs and 1 SSD connected to it. Intended for ZFS with cache... But : ZFS module won't build. I installed linux-headers and tried # apt install zfsutils-linux zfs-dkms. --- Setting up zfs-dkms (2.1.9-2ubuntu1) ... Loading new zfs-2.1.9 DKMS files... Building for 6.7.0-rc1-edge-rockchip-rk3588 Building initial module for 6.7.0-rc1-edge-rockchip-rk3588 configure: error: *** None of the expected "bops->release()" interfaces were detected. …
-
Hi, I've had my 5+ for a week now and tinker with it when I can. Some things I've noticed... Using Amrbian legacy 5.10 legacy.... the system draws about 2.2w idle using a USB meter and no peripherals attached. When using the trying the latest 24.2.0-trunk.79, the power draw increases to 3w idle. I also noted the LED flickers between green and red rather than blue and red with legacy. My guess is more peripherals are being enabled. When using legacy, the first time i run an apt-get update there are 39 'gets'. When I then added a launchpad ppa and run again I only get 6. Not sure why that is. I cannot get…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 6.2k views
-
-
I received my new orange pi 5 plus. I installed the official Orange PI 5 Plus Ubuntu on a SD card and it worked great. Then I installed the "Armbian_23.8.1_Orangepi5-plus_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_gnome_desktop" on SD card (Yes I took the image from the page with the "archive for orange Pi 5 plus"), and it get stuck on a screen displaying "Orange PI" (I do not see any armbian logo) , and nothing else happens (the blue light on the board does not blink). Why is that? How can I see what is happening? I installed in the past Armbian on an Orange Pi 5 with no issue, so I am really wondering what is going on there. Your view/ideas w…
-
Hi Please, find below my current Armbian version in OPI5: Armbian_23.5.5_Orangepi5-plus_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_cinnamon_desktop I’m having a few issues with Orange pi 5 Plus. Wifi/Bluetooth issues: I bought this WIFI/Bluethooth model (RTL8852BE) ( Link ) Bluetooth: When I try finding a new dispositive does not find anyone. However, it’s working with Ubuntu. WIFI: I did not have any problem with SDcard but the NVME gave me wifi problems sometimes when I updated it with “apt upgrade”. Then, the wifi does not work and I have to reboot and switch off bluetooth to make the wifi work. I…
-
Is there an Armbian image with home assistant that isn't minimalistic? or Is there a way to install HA on a more robust desktop armbian 25.2 image for the Orange Pi 5 Plus? I feel the orange pi 5 is robust enough to handle HA under a desktop Armbian environment than other SBCs.
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I want to install jellyfin on my OrangePi 5 Plus and need OpenCL to enable HDR-SDR mapping. I tried to follow the instruction on Jellyfin's official website: Rockchip VPU | Jellyfin However, I'm stucked on the step of installing OpenCL. I also tried this: Install OpenCL on Debian and Ubuntu and Armbian for Orange Pi 5 RK3588 But no luck either. Both instruction led to broken hardware acceleration in chrome and failing to start kernal in Jellyfin. Logs from ffmpeg: sudo /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -v debug -init_hw_device rkmpp=rk -init_hw_device opencl=ocl@rk Applying option init_hw_device (initialise hardware device) with argu…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm using an Orange Pi 5 Plus 16GB SBC, with Armbian image (https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi5-plus/Bookworm_current_cinnamon-backported-mesa) which uses Kernel 6.12. I am trying to get a BME280 I2C sensor attached to the following pins of the 40 pins; 1 (3.3v), 3 (GPIO0C0), 5 (GPIO0B7), and 6 (GND). The BME280 sensor has the VIN wired to 3.3v (pin 1), SDA wired to SDA (pin 3), SCL wired to SCL (pin 5), and GND to GND (pin 6). The device should use address 0x76, but isn't listed under the four I2C buses found in /dev. This configuration worked fine when using the stock OrangePi 5 Plus Debian Bookworm image, but does not have I2C2 listed as a device under /dev un…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone I was trying to look for information in the forum but I can't find any topic where this specific issue is discussed. I also looked for help in the omv forum and they told me it was a problem with the distribution, hopefully you can help me. My system running Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_vendor_6.1.43_minimal Install OMV, omv extras, i try to configure the compose folders and i get the 500 internal server error, clear cache, update and reboot system but there is no change, a moderator asked me for the log by executing the following command "Your error output is incomplete. What is the output of: sudo omv-salt …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have set up Armbian 24.8.4 bookworm on my 32GB Orange Pi 5 Plus. Most everything works as expected out of the box. The second HDMI port doesn't detect the second screen, and the screen displays No Signal. I have tested the cables and monitors to ensure they are functioning. I have also ensured I wasn't plugged into the HDMI input by accident. I was about ready to proclaim it a hardware issue, but on booting the "Official" Orange PiOS Arch image, the dual monitor support worked as expected. I checked the dtb file included with the Arch image, and it has many references to HDMI0 and HDMI1 devices, while the one used by default with the Armbian ima…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi there, I've been trying to enable g_ether and USB OTG on my Orange PI 5+. I've tried things like editing /boot/orangepiEnv.txt and adding module-load dwc2,g_ether. However, I don't get any usb0 interface pop up which indicates to me that the USB/OTG mode is not set to peripheral on the settings. I'm not sure how to go about it? Would anyone be able to advise? I want to use the power port for also Ethernet.
-
I installed latest vendor image and because of the wifi issues I switched to the edge kernel. I messed up my fstab, couldn't connect with ssh, so I plugged it to my monitor and a keyboard, but there was no video. Eventually, I fixed it by booting vendor image from my sd card, but I got curious. I know, that vendor image just works, so I flashed edge image to my sd card to see what's wrong. The monitor recognizes the presence of the board, but it's just a black screen. I can ssh to the board, so the image definitely booted, but there's just no video. Here's the log from my original installation. I kept 6.8 kernel because the video is not important to me.
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 5.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
After looking at this message from @Seb042 I thought it would be better to open a new topic to discuss this. From what I saw from my install: $ dmesg ... [ 6.166453] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: api flags index 2 larger than supported by driver [ 6.166480] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: TLV_FW_FSEQ_VERSION: FSEQ Version: 93.8.63.28 [ 6.167021] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: loaded firmware version 59.601f3a66.0 ty-a0-gf-a0-59.ucode op_mode iwlmvm [ 6.267334] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: Detected Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX210 160MHz, REV=0x420 [ 6.273748] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: reporting RF_KILL (radio disabled) [ 6.450150] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: WFPM_UMAC_PD_NOTIFIC…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 5.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I've been using https://joshua-riek.github.io/ubuntu-rockchip-download/boards/orangepi-5-plus.html with a custom kernel that I built to activate my TPM2.0 device and it works. Now I'm asked to use an UEFI compatible image with my Orange Pi 5 Plus. So what I did is more or less the same thing that in here But instead of the legacy kernel I used the 6.1.115-rockchip-vendor-rk35xx kernel and my device booted, I got an HDMI output, etc. And then I updated it to my custom kernel (6.1.0-1027-rockchip) that has the necessary configurations to allow TPM over SPI. Now I'm trying to activate my TPM2.0 as I did before. To do th…
-
I lost whole day yesterday to try boot with new images from Armbian download page - kernel 6.1 / kernel 6.8 bookworm/trixi and none boots... If I take Ubuntu or Debian image I have no problem to boot from. Do you have the same?
-
Hello everyone, I flashed the armbian into my tf cand and inserted it into my OrangePi 5 Plus, with my fans inserted to the specific socket on board (2pin, 1.25mm, 5V, PWM3_IR_M1). However, when I booted it, the fans was running constantly instead of controlled by temperature dynamically, like the official OS images that did only the fans running when the temperature over 50 celsius. I wanna know how to configure my OS to enable the temperature-controlled fans like the official images. The offical documents shows: Linux uses the default pwm-fan drivers to control thye fans and the device tree was defined in orange-pi-5.10-rk3588/arch/arm64/boot/dts…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I am using Armbian 23.8.2 Jammy for Orange Pi 5 PLus and it cannot diplay 4K via HDMI. How to enable/switch this on?
-
Installed: Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_edge_6.7.0-rc1 The analog device is visible, but there's no sound from the headphone jack. The hdmi device is not visible. aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: Analog [Analog], device 0: fe470000.i2s-es8328-hifi-analog es8328-hifi-analog-0 [fe470000.i2s-es8328-hifi-analog es8328-hifi-analog-0] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 There is no sound when I play a test file: aplay -D hw:0,0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Mono apl…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
It's been a while since I used Armbian. I have tons of ARM SBCs from a few years back because I think they're fascinating but they either wind up being too slow or just not worth using it for whatever since x86 "SBC like" boards exist and are pretty cheap. Fast forward to now and I'm doing some touchscreen development and just because of how I have things setup I needed 3 things, I2C, Interrupt capable GPIO and an actual DisplayPort. That combination of things is surprisingly hard to find. I had a couple of things on hand, (Seeed Odyssey x86, Odroid H2/H3, Rpi's, Nvidia Jetson Nano). I spent way more time than I should have trying to make each of these work, i…
-
I followed this manual I tried to boot , led was green and red , Display did not work. But Orange pi official images ca n boot my machine. How can I solve this problem?
-
I want to share some information about an issue that I see on my OPi5+. Since I got it I am messing around with it and everything works great so far with the edge 6.7 kernel. One thing I noticed though was, that right after installation with nothing connected and when idle, there was one kernel process that was constantly consuming around 10% CPU time and the load stays at 1. The process was irq/136-hym8563. The number varies of course after each boot. Kernel driver is rtc_hym8563. Since it is build into the kernel I was not able to unload it as a first test. Side node, the issue is not seen on the Rock5b, so it seems OPi5+ hardware specific. Even if bot…
-
I'm adding this here as I want to contribute to the community, but I'm still not sure how. I've been playing with Armbian Build lately and found it's great for quick build images for testing purposes before it's officially made available. So I started build my own images with i3, mate, kde, and I noticed that, in my personal taste, the one that was better suited for my needs was Sway, but there's no desktop image with it. So I built a Server version and start installing it. I know it may not be of interest of everybody, so I was planning to do it for myself, so I can continue building with the interface, but having Sway "automatically" installed. …
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4.9k views
-
-
Hi all I hava an orange pi 5 plus with a 512GO NVME SSD. I have installed the latest version od Armbian to a SD card it work well, but for speed reason i would like to install the OS to th SSD drive and boot from this device and no longer from the SD card. Is there a way to do this ? i mean from u-boot point of view? i can keep a SD card inside it to store u boot but i would like to move usr var and such to SSD Thanks in advance for your answers comment or ideas W.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have Orange Pi 5 Plus that I plan to install in a remote location. To boot Orange Pi, I need to press the physical Power On button. How I can setup the machine to boot automatically once the power is supplied? There is nobody on the remote side to press this button. Or maybe there are other options to boot remotely like WakeOnLAN? Where it can be configured? In orangepi-config?
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
This is a new release of the uefi firmware for Orange Pi 5 Plus which now has mainline kernel support. My thought was that this new release would support armbian uefi builds but so far no love. Does anyone know of an armbian build that would work with this??? The is the one of the tag lines from readme.md found @ https://github.com/edk2-porting/edk2-rk3588 "It delivers a PC-like standardized boot experience, supporting multiple operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, BSD and VMware ESXi."
-
When connected to some PC monitors, the image is larger than the physical screen: about 20 pixels at the top and bottom sides, and 50 pixels at the right and left sides are missing. This happens as soon as the board boots (without logo), the start of lines are truncated, and this also happens on text ttys (Ctrl + Alt + F1..6). I guess it's about a boot env variable, but I could not find it.
-
Hi, I went to see if there were any updates to the OPi5+ images and saw the OPi5 had updates. I clicked on the link on the main download page. https://www.armbian.com/orangepi-5/ https://redirect.armbian.com/orangepi5-plus/archive/ I've come back and now it has desktop images but no server images.
-
Hi @ all, long time reader, but never managed to register. Now it is time... as I'm not able to solve this myself, kindly asking for help. I'm stuck, my Orangepi 5 plus stops boot at this: Loading, please wait... Starting systemd-udevd version 252.36-1~deb12u1 Begin: Loading essential drivers ... done. Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... (initramfs) What happened before? Last year I bought the Orangepi 5 plus (8GB) and went ahead, testing everything out - having incredible fun with this little box. But with a way to old/slow sd card which finally failed two or three months ago. I went ahead and wrote the A…
-
Hello. I'm sure this has been discussed a lot but I couldn't find anything recent. I just got my Orange Pi 5 Plus and I installed Armbian 23.8 Bookworm CLI on it. It is really fast and I love it so far. I see that it is unclear whether we have some kind of working vulkan drivers or not but I just installed the mesa-vulkan-drivers package and the vulkaninfo command is actually returning output so does that mean that we have vulkan drivers that work for the G610? Thanks in advance
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've found information on how to use your own IR remote controller from this site: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=44671 In short: 1. Enable logging from the IR kernel module, enter in a terminal: sudo -i echo 1 > /sys/module/rockchip_pwm_remotectl/parameters/code_print dmesg -w 2. Check if your remote is supported by pressing the keys on your remote. It should give you info like: [ 3485.342354] USERCODE=0xfb04 [ 3485.369309] RMC_GETDATA=fd 3. Download the overlay file below and edit the usercode and the code for each key. So for like with the key above it'll be 0xfd 4. Place the header f…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 4.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I was just trying to test locally build image with edge kernel (Armbian_23.11.0-trunk_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_edge_6.6.0-rc1.img) by flashing it on SD card and then trying to boot off it in my Orange Pi 5+. The board just sits there with the LED blinking and that's it. The legacy kernel image (Armbian_23.11.0-trunk_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_legacy_5.10.160.img) boots fine. Do I have to carry out some extra step(s) to test the edge kernel? It's not a show-stopper for me as I have legacy image booting of EMMC nicely (and I am running jellyfin in docker happily there). It's just I thought I might test out some bleeding-edge s…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
I would love to use Armbian Build to construct a Debian 12 Bookworm images with KDE Plasma as the windows manager. I note that KDE Plasma isn't an option in the armbian builder. I have no problem building with XFCE or Cinnamon.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I purchased the wifi + bt module. It is RTL8852BE. my armbian: Linux orangepi5-plus 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx #1 SMP Fri Feb 2 07:51:33 UTC 2024 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux My Bluetooth never works. It cannot be listed under hciconfig: vnc@orangepi5-plus:~$ hciconfig -a vnc@orangepi5-plus:~$ rfkill ID TYPE DEVICE SOFT HARD 0 bluetooth bt_default blocked unblocked 1 wlan phy0 unblocked unblocked vnc@orangepi5-plus:/$ sudo cat /var/log/dmesg | grep "\(luetooth\|RFKILL\)" [sudo] password for vnc: [ 4.299662] kernel: Bluetooth: Core ver 2.22 [ 4.299678] kernel: Bluetooth: HCI device and connection …
-
I'm running armbian 23.08 bookworm on an orange pi 5 plus. I'm trying to run VMs that boot with UEFI, but these are hanging. I suspect a bug in the vendor kernel (5.10.160-rk35xx), since this works fine on an AWS bare metal arm64 host. Example: ``` $ sudo apt install qemu-system qemu-efi-aarch64 ... $ cp /usr/share/AAVMF/AAVMF_VARS.fd ./aavmf_efivars.fd $ qemu-system-aarch64 \ -machine virt \ -cpu max \ -drive if=pflash,unit=0,format=raw,readonly=on,file=/usr/share/AAVMF/AAVMF_CODE.fd \ -drive file=aavmf_efivars.fd,format=raw,if=pflash -net none \ -nographic \ -enable-kvm …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have built quite a few Debian12 Desktop images from github.com/armbian/build for a Debian Bookworm/XFCE/Vendor Kernel environment and noticed that recent vendor kernels do not have I2C-2.M0 as a kernel module listed within armbian-config. It appears that only two kernel modules are to be found, one being Panthos, the other involving a change in frequence of some item. This image does include I2C-2.mo: Armbian-unofficial_25.02.0-trunk_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_vendor_6.1.84_xfce_desktop.img which includes kernel: Linux Atlas 6.1.99-vendor-rk35xx #1 SMP Fri Feb 21 18:11:03 UTC 2025 aarch64 GNU/Linux But these images do not contain the I2C-2…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4k views
-
-
I made a configuration via armbian-config, but the camera does not work, here are the messages /sys/bus/i2c/drivers/ov13855 3-0036 bind uevent unbind sudo i2cdetect -y 3 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 00: -- -- -- -- UU -- -- -- 10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 30: -- -- -- -- -- -- UU -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 58 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- …
-
After upgrading to kernel 6.10.1-edge-rockchip-rk3588 I started getting: fdee0000.hdmi_receiver: hdmirx_wait_lock_and_get_timing: HDMI pull out, return on the console. This repeats constantly and quite rapidly, and just doesn't stop. I can silence it by plugging a monitor into HDMI port, but... I prefer to run my board headless (serial + net). Does anybody know any other way to get rid of this? This "feature" was absent with the -rc7 kernel.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
I am using Orange Pi 5 Plus with eMMC. I tried to install a program I need, but an error occurred saying that installation was not possible because SecureBoot was disabled on the system. So I need to enable SecureBoot, how do I do that? Thank you.
-
Since at least one week I find the system every morning with solid red led, waiting for a command in uboot. When looking at the journal messages, the last messages are always: Feb 10 23:45:01 etnas2 CRON[5176]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root(uid=0) by (uid=0) Feb 10 23:45:01 etnas2 CRON[5177]: (root) CMD (/usr/lib/armbian/armbian-truncate-logs) Feb 10 23:45:01 etnas2 CRON[5176]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root Feb 11 00:00:01 etnas2 CRON[5213]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root(uid=0) by (uid=0) Feb 11 00:00:01 etnas2 CRON[5212]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root(uid=0) by (uid=0) Feb…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I built armbian using the branch 23.11 with legacy-kernel 5.10.160 for use as a Nextcloud server. Version: Armbian-unofficial 23.11.0-trunk Bullseye \l . 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx After running sudo apt upgrade there were a few packages which were being upgraded successfully from 23.11.0-trunk to 23.11.1. Unfortunately the package armbian-bsp-cli-orangepi5-plus-legacy cannot be upgraded to 23.11.1 due to the base-files still being on 23.11.0-trunk. The system is running fine though. $ sudo apt update && sudo apt list --upgradable Hit:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye InRelease Hit:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates InRe…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Dear Armbian Community, I hope this message finds you well. I am encountering an issue with PWM on my Orange PI 5 Plus running Armbian. Despite my attempts, I am unable to utilize PWM via GPIO pins. Upon navigating to /sys/class/pwm, I can only see the pin designated for controlling the fan. The PWM pins on the GPIO are not visible. I have successfully controlled GPIO pins using WiringPi and Go Lang Periph libraries; however, when attempting to use PWM via GPIO, I encounter the following error: I have also checked the “hardware setup” screen in armbian-config, where I can see two hardware components listed, but PWMs are not among them. …
-
Continuing the tradition (1, 2) of micro-optimizations for single-board computers that come into my hands. This time I optimized or rather fixed the wake-up function via USB/WoL/WWoL on the Orange Pi 5 Plus. Also got the WiFi adapter RTW8852BE/RTW8852CE working (at least those are the ones I tested). I tested exclusively on the Vendor 6.1.x kernel since the main wake-up features via USB/PCIE/GPIO1-GPIO4 only work in it. I don't currently have the ability to test the new current kernel and I doubt that Power Management will work fully there. Armbian for Orange Pi 5 Plus from the official website, Vendor kernel (kernel 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx), what does…
-
I am running Ubuntu 24.04 Noble (Armbian Linux 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx) and no additional packages affecting VPU performance have been installed; everything is stock. Jellyfin is running in Docker, and transcoding works perfectly, except for some movies. I tried to play a 4K video in Chrome (native HEVC support), set the bitrate to 40mbps, and the video played normally at a transcoding speed of about 3x, but after a while, Orange Pi crashed. In Firefox inside neko (where there is no hardware acceleration and HEVC), the crash happened even faster, after ~2 seconds of playback. The crash happens as if the board loses power: journalctl is not saved, nothing is …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a couple Orange Pi's, and the HDMI is broken. I noticed that many believe that it is Armbian, but it is not. Orange Pi's probably won't be where we want them until 2025. I found a couple notes from development teams, one below and one from September. Both say the same thing: essentially it's in the works: "The RK3588 SoC family integrates the newer Synopsys DesignWare HDMI 2.1 Quad-Pixel (QP) TX controller IP and a HDMI/eDP TX Combo PHY based on a Samsung IP block. Add just the basic support for now, i.e. RGB output up to 4K@60Hz, without audio, CEC or any of the HDMI 2.1 specific features." https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-rockchip/pa…
-
Armbian 23.08.0-trunk Bookworm with Linux 5.10.160-rk35xx root@orangepi5-plus:~# gpio -v gpio version: 2.46 Copyright (c) 2012-2018 Gordon Henderson This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. For details type: gpio -warranty * Device tree is enabled. *--> Orange Pi 5 Plus root@orangepi5-plus:~# gpio readall wiringPiSetup: mmap (GPIO) failed: Operation not permitted
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I would like to have dual boot with a startup menu similar to GRUB on a PC, the idea is to have Android installed on the eMMC and Ubuntu on the NVMe, I am referring to an Orange Pi 5 Plus. Has anyone gotten it or is working on it? Thank you
-
I somewhat recently used Armbian Build to compile a desktop Bookworm image, which is quite stable and functional except for EMMC support. Packages: Debian stable (bookworm) Support: DIY (custom image) Linux Atlas 6.1.84-vendor-rk35xx #1 SMP Tue Dec 24 13:36:04 UTC 2024 aarch64 GNU/Linux My question is where can one find the current status of the various kernel versions support for features like I2C, SPI, EMMC, MESA, etc.? I recognize that newer kernels like 6.12.yyy are very much a WIP. I also would love more information on the the RK3588 kit used with kernels to backport features.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I've downloaded the Armbian 25.5.1 (Kernel 6.12) Home Assistant image (https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi5-plus/Bookworm_current_minimal-homeassistant), burned to microsd and rebooted the orange pi 5 plus. I burned the image to a microsd cards, inserted the microsd and did a hard reboot of the SBC. The error message is "Gave up waiting for root filesystem device."
-
HW: OrangePi5 Plus 32 32 GB RAM 512 GB NVME 5K Monitor Image: Armbian_25.8.1_Orangepi5-plus_trixie_vendor_6.1.115_xfce_desktop.img prepare system before each case dd if=u-boot-V2024.04-orangepi5-plus-spi.img of=/dev/mtdblock0 flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0 0 case 1: 1. copy image to 64GB uSD 2. booting 3. system comes up with xfce 4. sudo apt-get -y update; apt-get -y upgrade 5. reboot 6. system comes up, without desktop. system is reachable with ssh case 2: 1. copy image to 64GB uSD 2. booting 3. system comes up with xfce 4. armbian-install 5. choose boot from mtd flash 6. choose nvme0n1p1 6. update mtdbloc…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
##O#O## OS: Armbian 25.8.1 noble aarch64 ####### Host: Orange Pi 5 Plus ########### Kernel: 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx ############# Uptime: 1 day, 8 hours, 17 mins ############### Packages: 1852 (dpkg), 5 (snap) ################ Shell: bash 5.2.21 ################# Resolution: 3840x2160 ##################### DE: GNOME 46.0 ##################### WM: Mutter ################# WM Theme: Adwaita Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3] Icons: Adwaita [GTK2/3] Terminal: x-terminal-emul CPU: (8) @ 1.800GHz …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.5k views
-
-
After installing official Armbian_25.2.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_vendor_6.1.99_xfce_desktop.img to sdcard, then to nvme all is fine, until, I do an apt update & upgrade, after that point chromium fails to run. I explored the logs to see it a failure to load chromium.conf from /etc/chromium.d/chromium.config (failed symbolic link to /etc/armbian/chromium.config). Is there a known workaround besides utilization of firefox?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.4k views
-