Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Allwinner sunxi

Community maintained Allwinner SoC based boards

  1. Started by Alessandroo,

    Hello, is BPI-6202/6204 supported? It should have A40I CPU, like the M2 Ultra (which is actually supported)

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  2. This is a reply to treii28's post from 2023: To enable i2c on PH4 and PH5 pins, one would have to have to following lines in /boot/armbianEnv.txt files: Reboot and see the new devices with: Scan for all the connected i2c devices: All relevant (and some extra) overlays can be seen with the following command: To see the configuration one could disassemble the dtb binary file and search it's contents for i2c3-ph Whenever making changes it would be the best to connect a serial monitor to the physical serial pins (3 separate pins labeled with UART and GND, RX, TX) to see kernel output at b…

  3. Help! I used your overlay, but nothing works for me. Orange pi zero 3 (Armbian Linux 6.12.35-current-sunxi64) overlay: /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { compatible = "allwinner,sun50i-h616"; fragment@0 { target = <&spi1>; __overlay__ { status = "okay"; cs-gpios = <&pio 7 5 0>,<&pio 2 15 0>; /*PH5=CS0 for lcd, PC15=CS1 for touch*/ display: display@0 { compatible = "ilitek,ili9341"; reg = <0>; pinctrl-names = "default"; spi-max-frequency = <20000000>; rotate = <270>; bgr = <0>…

  4. Started by ComProf,

    Hello, I`ll try to hook up display to OpangePi PC, But have no output. My English is not native so i`ll try to write in simlpe way. image Armbian_23.8.1_Orangepipc_jammy_current_6.1.47_minimal.img.xz my dts: /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { compatible = "allwinner,sun8i-h3"; fragment@0 { target = <&spi0>; __overlay__ { status = "okay"; // cs-gpios = <&pio 0 9 0>,<&pio 0 8 0>; /* PA9=CS0 for LCD, PA8=CS1 for touch */ display: display@0 { compatible = "ilitek,ili9341"; reg = <0>; pinctrl-names = "default"…

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 3.3k views
  5. Hi, I have an Orange Pi Zero 3 with Allwinner H618 (1GB RAM version). The CPU specs say up to 1.5 GHz (1512000 kHz), and it hits that fine on other distros (like official Orange Pi Ubuntu images or Debian builds). But on Armbian, max freq is stuck at 1416000 kHz, even on latest kernels. Board: Orange Pi Zero 3 (H618, 1GB RAM) Armbian Version: Armbian Bookworm (fresh SD flash, ran armbian-upgrade after boot) Kernel Versions Tested: 6.12.43-current-sunxi64 6.12.47-current-sunxi64 6.15.4-edge-sunxi64 6.16.8-edge-sunxi64 (current edge, i think) What happens: scaling_available_frequencies only goes up to 1416000. With governor=perfo…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.1k views
  6. I built an unofficial Armbian 6.12.51 (Noble) image using the build tool: Armbian-unofficial_25.11.0-trunk_Nanopiduo_noble_current_6.12.51.img I am trying to get the micro-USB port to work as a USB serial gadget (g_serial / libcomposite). What I have done / observed: g_serial and libcomposite modules are loaded: lsmod | grep g_serial g_serial 12288 0 libcomposite 49152 2 g_serial,usb_f_acm ConfigFS is mounted: mount | grep configfs configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime) UDC exists: ls /sys/class/udc/ musb-hdrc.2.auto Gadget folder does…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. Hello community Here are the versions I’m using: Kernel: 5.15.48-sunxi OS: Linux nanopineo 5.15.48-sunxi #22.05.3 SMP Wed Feb 19 15:56:03 UTC 2025 armv7l GNU/Linux I’m having a problem. Sometimes, during boot, I see the following log: After this message, the system halts. The only way to fix it is to flash the image again or to boot from an SD card and mount the EMMC which fixes the file system. I noticed that the device doesn’t use the overlay_prefix variable from /boot/armbianEnv.txt. It shows this message: I tried adding the overlay_prefix variable manually in the boot.cmd file, but it didn’t help. …

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. I have been experimenting with trying to get video acceleration working on the A83T. I can see from /proc/device-tree/soc/... that there is already a video-engine node within the current A83T device tree. It appears to be applied as one of the megous patches ARM-dts-sun8i-a83t-Add-cedrus-video-codec-support-to-A83T-untes.patch. Admittedly this is noted as being untested. In my initially created build via the build framework, Cedrus was not present at all among the list of loaded modules. I addressed this by creating an entry in the Cedrus compatibility table for the sun8i-a83t-video engine drv-sun8i-a83t-cedrus-add-variant.patch It now appears to l…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.1k views
  9. Hi everyone, I'm using the Orange Pi Zero 3 and would really appreciate a lightweight desktop image with just the XFCE desktop, a web browser, and basic tools (like file manager, terminal, etc.) with video acceleration. The current Armbian desktop image works, but it includes a lot of software I don’t need. I’m looking for something more minimal — just enough for light use and a faster experience. Does anyone have (or know how to build) a stripped-down XFCE image for this board? Thanks in advance!

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.1k views
  10. Started by igorh,

    Hi! Is the Orange Pi3 image suitable for the Orange Pi3 LTs? Or where to find it?

  11. Hardware: Board: Orange Pi Zero 2W (Allwinner H618) Audio Module: MAX98357A (I2S) Connections: BCLK → PI13 (Pin 7) LRC/WS → PI14 (Pin 16) DIN → PI15 (Pin 31) 5V/GND → Properly connected Software: Armbian Version: 25.5.0-trunk.147 (nightly) Kernel: 6.6.75-current-sunxi64 Configuration: /boot/armbianEnv.txt: overlay_prefix=sun50i-h618 overlays=i2s param_i2s=on Problem: No sound output via MAX98357A. aplay -l returns "no soundcards found". dmesg | grep i2s shows no output, indicating the I2S driver is not loaded. Missing I2S overlay: Checke…

  12. Started by Truskool,

    This is not solved the only tag I can add is solved. How do I change that I have an orange pi zero 3 and am trying to ssh into this board. Ive written all three minimal files to different 32gb sd cards. After I write the drive I add a blank ssh file and a wpa_supplicante.conf file with my wifi info on it. I install the os with balanaetecher or Rufus(I've tried so many things. I find my IP when I try to ssh doesn't work) but I can ping the zero. I've tried windows 8.1, and 11 plus Linux mint same thing. Could someone please help me? This probably should take 20 minutes but I've been at it for 2.5 days

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.4k views
  13. Hi, I installed on my Orange Pi Zero (not plus) armbian and using armbian-config I am trying to install Octoprint to control my 3d printer. I got an error: docker: Error response from daemon: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/video0": no such file or directory I have no webcam attached and I am not planning to use it for now, Can I disable this check?

  14. Started by J.W van de Poll,

    Hi All First post here. Have been using Rpi Zero 2W for a couple of years in various installations and other then speed been happy with it. So got an Orange Pi Zero 2 W in an attempt to use it as a plug in replacement for the Rpi. Installed Armbian and other than a booting issue, it all works. The first obstacle is the i2c, it is obvious that is nowhere near as easy as a Rpi to set up. I have read many posts and get more confused as the days go on. So, the question: Is there a step by step instruction on how to enable I2C. I am connecting 2 x ADS1115 A2D converters, one at &H48 and the 2nd…

  15. I have an issue with the latest releases since Yammy on a Orange Pi Zero LTS. Reboot is not working (system shuts, but not starting again)

  16. Currently I receive rustc crashes after memory usage get to 3GB (1GB RAM + 2GB SWAP) when building firefox. After looking around why, I found that kernel isn't build with lpae extension. Although H3 soc supports lpae (Large Physical Address Extension), but kernel has CONFIG_ARM_LPAE flag not set and so we can't use more than 3GB of memory (1GB is reserved for kernel). (Processors that implement the ARMv7-A Large Physical Address Extension (LPAE), expand the range of accessible physical addresses from 4GB (232 bytes) to 1024GB (240 bytes) a terabyte, by translating 32-bit virtual memory addresses into 40-bit physical memory addresses.) After looking a…

  17. I have a question regarding the configuration of the /etc/asound.conf file... are there any changes in the new kernel that prevent this from happening? I've noticed that my USB audio card no longer loses its settings and its position doesn't change. However, to be sure, I tried editing the /etc/asound.conf file... but it turns out to be impossible 🙂 That is, after saving the settings in /etc/asound.conf... ALSA doesn't work! 🙂 Moreover, the blocking for certain selected devices doesn't work either. In my case, the blocking is: HDMI Audio... in the file: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf blacklist sun9i_hdmi_audio blacklist snd_soc_simple_card Are these changes rel…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.6k views
  18. This issue isn't for orangepione, but for nanopineo - which I can't find in the dropdowns anymore. Perhaps it is no longer supported. I'm able to build a working image using this command: ./compile.sh BOARD=nanopineo BRANCH=current RELEASE=noble BUILD_MINIMAL=no BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no COMPRESS_OUTPUTIMAGE=xz However, if I add the CPU governance variables, such as this: ./compile.sh BOARD=nanopineo BRANCH=current RELEASE=noble BUILD_MINIMAL=no BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no COMPRESS_OUTPUTIMAGE=xz CPUMIN=81600 CPUMAX=96000 ...the build fails with the following error text: ./compile.sh mike [🚸] This script requires r…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 5.3k views
  19. Hi all! On NanoPi Duo2 I'm trying to use the builtin video hw processor. ffmpeg already works with -hwaccel v4l2request but throws errors: Press [q] to stop, [?] for help [h264 @ 0x11645f0] Using V4L2 media driver cedrus (6.12.35) for S264 [V4L2RequestContext @ 0xae5f0db0] Failed to create buffer of type 1: Cannot allocate memory (12) [h264 @ 0x11645f0] Failed setup for format drm_prime: hwaccel initialisation returned error. dmesg [ 8906.864389] cma: __cma_alloc: reserved: alloc failed, req-size: 3038 pages, ret: -12 [ 8906.872255] cma: number of available pages: 42@86+128@384+34@3550+34@6622+34@9694+34@12766+34@15838+34@18910+34…

    • Reputation Points

    • 27 replies
    • 8.6k views
  20. Started by kris777,

    Can we count on adding a module to the future kernel... I mean: v4l2loopback 🙂

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 4.5k views
  21. Hi, For long (long) time I did not update my nano pi duo image, recently I changed microSD card and wanted start fresh with latest image. I have tried latest debian image and also tried building image for the BOARD target as `nanopiduo`, but in in both cases my board is stuck at ... U-Boot SPL 2024.01-armbian-2024.01-S866c-P7738-Ha5c2-Va723-Bb703-R448a (Mar 09 2025 - 03:54:39 +0000) DRAM: 128 MiB Trying to boot from MMC1 ns16550_serial serial@1c28000: pinctrl_select_state_full: uclass_get_device_by_phandle_id: err=-19 U-Boot …

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.5k views
  22. Dear Community, I currently want to reduce the transmission power of the NanoPi Neo Air. This means that I simply want to be able to set the Wifi transmission power in 10% steps, for example. What I have already tried: Instructions according to Wiki: OpenWrt image is not flashed. No access via browser. But it doesn't matter: max. transmission power is used in AP mode. Setting as in the Wiki image "TransmitPower:auto" probably does not apply here anyway. Network Manager TUI via "sudo nmtui" has no such settings. Adjust the NVRAM files in "/lib/firmware/brcm" or "/lib/firmware/ap6212" step by step. All changes are …

  23. Please give me a tip - what is purpose of /dev/mmcblk2boot block devices created? Quite small size - 4MB - ones, do they serve to something u-boot needs at boot time? There are no records for them in fstab so I assume they are created by zram, but what happens to them after boot when they aren't needed anymore? Board Orangepi 3LTS with bookworm minimal Also as a matter of wondering - why there are two zram devices: one of 1/2 of RAM (as usual) and another of quite small 50MB only, what is it for? root@heaven:~# fdisk -l <redacted> Disk /dev/mmcblk2boot0: 4 MiB, 4194304 bytes, 8192 sectors Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 byt…

  24. Hello! I am trying to get the cedar_ve device working for OPIZ2W. I am currently running this image: Orangepizero2w_1.0.4_ubuntu_noble_server_linux6.1.31 My uname -a: Linux orangepizero2w 6.1.31-sun50iw9 #1.0.4 SMP Wed Oct 9 13:39:53 CST 2024 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux To do this I am trying to follow these steps: 1. Modify a dts for OPIZ2W to include cedar_ve. 2. Donwloan cedrus driver and build it. 3. Compile modified ffmpeg with x264cedrus support Have anyone tried this? I have only found builds for recent kernel for the H3 CPU, none for the H618. I am looking for a DTS that su…

    • Reputation Points

    • 33 replies
    • 20.8k views
  25. Started by ABK,

    Hi, I am using Nanopi Neo board and I need RS485 driver to control DE pin automatically. I have prepared DTS Overlay file: /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { compatible = "allwinner,sun8i-h3"; fragment@0 { target = <&uart1>; __overlay__ { status = "okay"; pinctrl-names = "default"; pinctrl-0 = <&uart1_pins &uart1_de_pin>; rs485-rts-gpios = <&gpio6 8 0>; /* PG8 active-low */ linux,rs485-enabled-at-boot-time; rs485-rts-delay = <0 300>; }; }; fragment@1 { tar…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.3k views
  26. I see the device tree file here: ``` /boot/dtb/allwinner/overlay/sun50i-h616-uart5-ph.dtbo ``` But after adding `overlays=uart5-ph` to `armbianEnv.txt` and rebooting, I'm not getting any new serial device created. Any idea what I need to do?

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 9.2k views
  27. Hi, First of all, thank You for your work. On a project we are using Nanopi Neo Air boards with an Allwinner h3 processor and a 8GB eMMC flashed with an Armbian OS: $ uname -a Linux <DEVICE_HOSTNAME> 6.6.75-legacy-sunxi #1 SMP Sat Feb 1 17:37:57 UTC 2025 armv7l GNU/Linux $ lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Debian Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) Release: 11 Codename: bullseye Recently we have been getting increasing reports of the boards being stuck on boot, on message 'Starting Kernel ...' (checked from logs available on COM port). Although this behavior is highly undesira…

  28. I tried to download the Opi plus 2 Image in armbian download page, but it linked In to Opi plus which is older hardware. There Are only plus 2e and plus Image. Here is the link : https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-plus-2/ How can I get the image of Opi plus 2 ?? Plz let me know:(

  29. Started by y52,

    When tweaking Armbian’s Build System I understand that it also builds u-boot and updates it when new sources are available. I understand, that the last one was updated on : [🌿] {u-boot:1} Cleaning u-boot tree [ u-boot-worktree/u-boot/v2024.01 for '' ] [🔨] [Mon Aug 25 11:11:25 PM CEST 2025] Running: git --no-pager clean -xfdq [🌱] Calling Python patching script for U-Boot: [ https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot - tag:v2024.01 ] [🌱] Using U-Boot patch dir: [ u-boot-sunxi ] Where is the latest build could be downloaded from and what is its flash procedure and recovery (if necessary) ?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.3k views
  30. Hello everybody, I tried building an in-kernel module for USB Dongle Bus 001 Device 003: ID 2357:0120 TP-Link Archer T2U PLUS [RTL8821AU] on my OrangePi Plus. Armbian supplied module from aircrack-ng/rtl8812au has become aging and raises exception errors on modprobe -r. It was deactivated : root@orangepiplus:/etc/modprobe.d# vi blacklist-88XXau.conf #blacklist 88XXau I made a fresh install of Armbian minimal image, then switched to : root@orangepiplus:~# uname -a Linux orangepiplus 6.15.4-edge-sunxi #1 SMP Fri Jun 27 10:13:43 UTC 2025 armv7l GNU/Linux root@orangepiplus:/usr/src# cat /proc/version Linux version 6.15.4-edge-sunxi (build@…

    • Reputation Points

    • 12 replies
    • 7.4k views
  31. My Armbian paste is at https://paste.armbian.com/yamakinoce This is an OrangePi Zero Plus, with an H3, not an H5 or an H2. I see all kinds of problems here but don't know how to fix them. It seems the DTB is just wrong for this board. For one, there are interrupts showing up in /proc/interrupts for HDMI and LCD, but this physical board has *neither* of those. It has an Ethernet PHY but neither the kernel nor uboot see it. It also has a Wifi but the kernel does not see that either. Does a correct DTB exist for this board? What is its name? I vaguely remember a couple ways to force the kernel and uboot to use a different DTB …

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4k views
  32. Started by adif,

    I'm trying to configure the CS (Chip Select) pin on my Orange Pi Zero 3. I added overlays=spi-spidev to the /boot/armbianEnv.txt file, created my own dtbo file, and tried all possible methods suggested by ChatGPT. I've been struggling for two weeks with no success. I haven't been able to switch the CE1 pin to alt4 state; it only stays off, nothing else. Is it even possible to work with SPI on this board?

  33. I'm on 'cat /etc/os-release|grep ARMBIAN_PRETTY_NAME' = ARMBIAN_PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 24.11.1 bullseye"

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 2.9k views
  34. I am getting a thermal zone failure message during boot, which has always happened with kernels after 6.6, at least as far as I know. Is this error actually harmful? HardWare:NanoPi NEO2 Armbian Version: Packages: Debian stable (bookworm) v25.2.3 for NanoPi Neo 2 running Armbian Linux 6.12.20-current-sunxi64 Support: DIY (community maintained) Kernel: Linux nanopineo2 6.12.20-current-sunxi64 #1 SMP Sat Mar 22 19:54:28 UTC 2025 aarch64 GNU/Linux dmesg output [ 7.018086] core: _opp_supported_by_regulators: OPP minuV: 1320000 maxuV: 1320000, not supported by regulator [ 7.018125] cpu cpu0: _opp_a…

  35. Hello, I'm new with armbian and I want to generate an image with a specific kernel version. Is it possible? I found the LIB_TAG but it's now deprecated, is there a replacement parameter? Thank you, Guillaume

  36. Started by mini,

    sudo rmmod mv64xxx_i2c rmmod: ERROR: Module mv64xxx_i2c is not currently loaded root@WiPLUX-M040230BBQIGU:~# dmesg | grep -i i2c [ 0.846937] i2c_dev: i2c /dev entries driver [ 1.479459] sun8i-dw-hdmi 6000000.hdmi: registered DesignWare HDMI I2C bus driver [ 1.484185] /soc/i2c@7081400/pmic@36: Fixed dependency cycle(s) with /soc/pinctrl@300b000 [ 1.501006] mv64xxx_i2c 5002c00.i2c: Error applying setting, reverse things back [ 1.501095] axp20x-i2c 1-0036: AXP20x variant AXP313a found [ 1.502779] axp20x-i2c 1-0036: AXP20X driver loaded [ 53.381005] i2c i2c-2: mv64xxx: I2C bus locked, block: 1, time_left: 0 [ 55.429017] i2c i2c-2: mv6…

  37. Started by ang,

    Is there any CLI image new or old that already supports PPS? I'm not having progress using the default overlay (pps-gpio) or a custom one.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3k views
  38. I installed the image https://dl.armbian.com/orangepizero2w/Bookworm_current_minimal on my Orange Pi Zero 2W board. But when I tied to check sound from the headphone interface on the expansion board I have a problem: user@orangepizero2w:~$ aplay -l aplay: device_list:274: no soundcards found... There is no chance to turn it on even through DTB overlay in armbian-config because there is no sound card in there. How to make sound work in this board with Armbian?

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 6.5k views
  39. I've been trying to bring up Armbian on my Banana Pi M2 Ultra (with A40i SoC). First I tried using the community rolling release, and then building it myself from source code. In every case, it was failing to boot; on the HDMI console it was hanging at the stage where the initrd was attempting to scan for the root partition. ("Scanning for btrfs filesystems") Taking a closer look at the verbose output of the UART console during a boot attempt, I saw that there was an error message about the sunxi-mmc device driver experiencing a failure while it was enumerating the EMMC chip: [ 4.136553] mmcblk2: mmc2:0001 8GTF4R 7.28 GiB [ 4.144362] sunxi…

  40. Hi! I have an old Allwinner A10 based tablet that runs on Android. I want to install some other OS on it. I tried the instructions on linux-sunxi.org and created a page for the tablet: https://linux-sunxi.org/Softwinners_crane I extracted the FEX file from an image I got from the manufacturers a long time ago: http://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-boards/pull/72/files The linux-sunxi mailing list pointed out that my tablet is similar to Topwise A721, so I used that dts file to compile u-boot and the kernel, and tried to boot it through an SD card. Trying to boot that, u-boot starts, and then gets stuck at "Starting kernel..." Then I found…

  41. Just installed Armbian 25.5.1 Desktop in my new board: Orange Pi Zero 3 with 2GB RAM, using a 32GB MicroSD card. Installed desktop as I have HDMI output and wanted to check that everything was going fine, and it did. I can connect to Armbian via SSH I could set up Pi-hole correctly. (that's why I get the board for) As My modem/router cannot manually set the DNS to the IP of the orange pi, I just disabled it ans installed ISC-DHCP server and got it running. I used chatgpt for that purpose. I have some understaning using linux distros and networking, chatgpt just saved my some time with configuration. After some days I saw o nInternet t…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.3k views
  42. Hi everyone! I have v25.8 rolling for radxa cubie a5e running Armbian Linux 6.14.0-rc1-dev-sun55iw3 runnig and it has only ttyS0 serial device. Due to device schematics it should be able to provide serail interfaces with RTS/CTS support UART4-7. Was anyone able to activate this devices? As I understand, I need an overlay .dtbo files. But those cannot be found anywhere in /boot. Also I can compile those overlays, but I need the correct .dts files.

  43. I need to make custom intro on my bigtreetech cb1 when i try plymouth some time give me error and sometimes the system startup normally as normal Plymouth without pics only 3dots in middle of screen i want examples or guidelines to make it and when i make update to initremfs files it’s give me error such as error to create hard link what I should i do

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.7k views
  44. Hello everyone, I encountered an issue while using SPI with my Orange Pi 3 LTS, and now I'm going to share some solutions. Perhaps the Armbian Team can assist me in resolving the final problem. These tests were conducted on Armbian 23.02.2 Bullseye with Linux 5.15.93-sunxi64. The initial step I took to ensure the appearance of `spidev` on the Orange Pi 3 LTS was to include these configurations in `/boot/armbianEnv.txt`. overlays=spi-spidev1 param_spidev_spi_bus=0 param_spidev_spi_cs=0 Note: If `spi-spidev` and `spi-spidev1` are added together, it will not work, and the `spidev` will not appear when using the `ls /dev/sp*` command. …

  45. Managed to get RaspAP working on my OrangePi Zero 3 (OPZ3). At the time of writing, the RaspAP quick installer script did not support Ubuntu 24.04 on my OPZ3. So, I decided to try and install RaspAP manually, based on the manual installation step on the site. It mostly went smoothly, with some hiccups along the way. Some tweaks needed were around disabling wpa_supplicant and a missing library for isoquery. Some configuration details: OrangePi Zero 3 with 1GB ram Ubuntu 24.04 (6.12.23) server image downloaded from the Armbian site After all the apt upgrades and updates, the kernal was updated to 6.12.35 Attached below is the…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4.8k views
  46. Don't know where to report this as Armbian bug reporting form refused to accept community supported board, but it may not necessarily be board-specific. When logging the first time there is a message: sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression Generating locales: en_US.UTF-8 _ _ _ _ _ /_\ _ _ _ __ | |__(_)__ _ _ _ __ ___ _ __ _ __ _ _ _ _ (_) |_ _ _ / _ \| '_| ' \| '_ \ / _` | ' \ / _/ _ \ ' \| ' \ || | ' \| | _| || | /_/ \_\_| |_|_|_|_.__/_\__,_|_||_|_\__\___/_|_|_|_|_|_\_,_|_||_|_|\__|\_, | |___| …

  47. I downloaded and wrote the image to the SD card. I can see the U-Boot messages at the very beginning, but after a few moments, nothing is displayed anymore. I believe the OS is still booting because the activity LED on the board keeps blinking. Any idea what might be happening ? Thanks in advance for any help !

  48. Hello, One of my BananaPI is used to display a graphical dashboard. But after a system upgrade (apt update / apt upgrade), the HDMI output seems disabled after reboot : - the boot process is displayed, but it seems it's disabled as soon as the DRM driver is loaded. Any tips, help ? Thanks # uname -a Linux TdB 6.12.30-current-sunxi #1 SMP Thu May 22 12:29:54 UTC 2025 armv7l GNU/Linux # cat /etc/armbian-release # PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BOARD=bananapi BOARD_NAME="Banana Pi" BOARDFAMILY=sun7i BUILD_REPOSITORY_URL=https://github.com/armbian/build BUILD_REPOSITORY_COMMIT=1a8daf0 VERSION=23.…

  49. Two days ago I upgraded the kernel to 25.5.1 (6.12.30-current-sunxi) from 25.2.3 (6.12.20-current-sunxi). Since then I have no longer been able to play a certain title (FLAC file) in mocp. In case it's relevant, the title is: "Malukah - Awake (The Dragonborn Comes)". Symptoms: dmesg starts showing kernel trace output at 1:43 of the song mocp finally stalls at 1:52 and it's impossible to interact with it from that point on Is there anyone here who would be able to provide pointers on how to debug this? I am a developer and I have done some work with Yocto/OE before and wouldn't be afraid to get at this with a debugger. Since it's nice…

  50. I hope the topic is on the right place ? It should only be a hint ! Kernel 6.12.20 for the banana Pi M2 zero doesn't support USB. I fixed this by reinstalling kernel v6.6.75. Regards Bernd

    • Reputation Points

    • 9 replies
    • 4.8k views
  51. Hi, yesterday i see a "armbian-update" message after login per ssh. I run this command and than my banana pi M1 won't boot. How can i repair it without formatting the SSD? Regards Christian

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 3.1k views
  52. Hello! PWM seems to work without any configuration on the factory images with the gpio command, but I cant seem to get it to work on armbian. There doesn't seem to be any dtbs related to pwm, and /sys/class/pwm is empty on armbian. Anyone got this to work? EDIT: Forgot to add, doesnt seem to be any pwm overlays present on armbian install

    • Reputation Points

    • 24 replies
    • 11.9k views
  53. Hi everyone, I have wrong color in screen MPI3501 , when i test to output buffer to color red,green, blue, it seem like Red. —> blue Green —> red Blue. —> green Here is how i test (i need to stop lightdm service before this) Spoiler python3 -c 'open("red.raw", "wb").write(b"\xF8\x00" * 153600)' sudo dd if=red.raw of=/dev/fb0 bs=1 python3 -c 'open("green.raw", "wb").write(b"\x07\xE0" * 153600)' sudo dd if=green.raw of=/dev/fb0 bs=1 python3 -c 'open("blue.raw", "wb").write(b"\x00\x1F" * 153600)' sudo dd if=blue.raw of=/dev/fb0 bs=1 (when boot the image should be orange not gre…

    • Reputation Points

    • 9 replies
    • 5.1k views
  54. Hi guys, its the first time im gonna post here so bear with me, i am a recent user of orange pi zero 3, one with 4GB RAM and i have been able to run the latest community release on it, things work besides audio thru hdmi, but i have noticed that the video encoding and decoding is not working, albeit 3d acceleration works thru panfrost and Mesa. I have been digging this topic and i wanted to share what i found and maybe validate if im right or perhaps i am not getting this well. 1. Video encoding and decoding in G31-MP2 is something separated from what Mesa and panfrost would do, so even if those work i cant get video acceleration with h.264 etc. …

  55. I've noticed some other threads about Banana Pi builds not booting. I tried the 6.12v built on Jun 19 and that's when my device stopped booting. It won't even power on. I suspect the firmware update is corrupting the MicroSD card. I originally had an older build running and ran an update/upgrade and my system wouldn't boot (won't power on) after that. I purchased a new MicroSD card, and my system booted with an older build. Not realizing my MicroSD would get corrupted, I tried updating/upgrading again and I'm back to not booting. I don't have enough MicroSD cards to pinpoint the exact package. My working build is from 6.6.17, 24.5.0-trunk.58. It appear…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.5k views
  56. The distributions for this SBC don't boot due to errors to thermal device. I saw some messages in the forum where has be told that disabling thermal check the distribution works. Can you blacklist or disable thermal sensors check?

  57. does orange pi zero2W support the headsets with built in microphone or not? I do not see any MICINN in the 24 pin connector?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.4k views
  58. Hello, I have problems with the armbian distributions on my orange pi zero 3 because I can't even use chatgpt to activate the sound card on the expansion board that comes as an accessory for the orange pi zero 3. I'm referring to the board that has two USB outputs and an audio jack port that I think is also a video port, but I can't get sound out of that port, only sound comes out of the HDMI port. It's a real mystery since there's no problem with the other distributions, but with armbian I can't get that audio output port to work. If you can help me please, I've tried a number of things and I can't get it to work.

    • Reputation Points

    • 9 replies
    • 6.3k views
  59. Good morning all I have an OPi Zero H2 with the official expansion card. My goal is to make an Airport module to connect a speaker to it. The installation of Shairport in APT all is ok I can see the sharing on my iPhone. But the problem is that I have no sound when I plug a speaker into the 3.5mm jack port on the expansion card. I have correctly installed the "analog-codecs" and made a reboot. In Alsamixer I put "Line-Out" and "DAC" to the maximum (red). But still no sound ... When in doubt, I did all these operations on Armbian Focal / Buster / Bionic but it didn't change anything. Can you help me please? believe me I have tried everything for 4 da…

  60. I tried to set the I2C interface with the armbian-config option but it doesn't work because it writes to the file: armbianEnv.txt .... overlays=sun50i-h6-i2c0 sun50i-h6-i2c1 sun50i-h6-i2c2 and it didn't work on my OrangePi3LTS and it doesn't start the i2C service on startup? but when I enter it manually: overlays=i2c0 i2c1 i2c2 then the i2c service works with my 40x2 LCD 🙂 ...is this a bug and if so can it be fixed? is the option: armbian-config still compatible with my OrangePi3 LTS?

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.2k views
  61. Hello everyone, I’m looking for an old Armbian image: Armbian 5.73 stable for NanoPi NEO Air, specifically the one based on Debian 10 (Buster) with the 4.19.20-sunxi kernel. Unfortunately, it’s no longer available in the Armbian archives. If anyone still has a copy of this image (e.g., Armbian_5.73_NanoPiNeoAir_Debian_buster_next_4.19.20.img.xz), I would be very grateful if you could share it or point me to a working download link. Thanks in advance for your help!

  62. Hi guys, I updated my Orange Pi Lite some time ago and it caused it to stop booting. The boot log is below. Can someone please help me recover this? I'm not sure where to start. I've loaded the SD card into an Ubuntu VM and it reads perfectly fine. U-Boot SPL 2022.07-armbian (Feb 17 2023 - 22:31:53 +0000) DRAM: 512 MiB Trying to boot from MMC1 U-Boot 2022.07-armbian (Feb 17 2023 - 22:31:53 +0000) Allwinner Technology CPU: Allwinner H3 (SUN8I 1680) Model: Xunlong Orange Pi Lite DRAM: 512 MiB Core: 61 devices, 16 uclasses, devicetree: separate WDT: Not starting watchdog@1c20ca0 MMC: mmc@1c0f000: 0, mmc@1c10000: 1 Loading Environment from FAT…

  63. Started by n00b42,

    Hi, I just got my BPI-M4 Zero running, however I do not know how to get HDMI Audio output working (if it's possible at all) I installed: - Armbian_25.2.0-trunk.414_Bananapim4zero_trixie_current_6.6.72_minimal.img # uname -r 6.6.72-current-sunxi64 # lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Debian Description: Armbian 25.2.0-trunk.414 trixie Release: n/a Codename: trixie # aplay -l aplay: device_list:279: no soundcards found... # aplay -L null Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture) pipewire PipeWire Sound Server default Default ALSA Output (currently PipeWire Media Server) # pacmd list…

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 4.6k views
  64. Hello. I'm trying to communicate with i2c ( i've connected ADS1115 on it if this maters ), but even without anything connected on it - it shows 0x30 on it, and I am not sure how to make it works. Please help ! 😐

    • Reputation Points

    • 12 replies
    • 6.6k views
  65. Kernel crash on freshly installed image for LonganPi 3H. Image downloaded from: https://www.armbian.com/longanpi-3h/ Ubuntu 24.04 Noble. Sometimes it will crash few seconds after boot, before logging or doing anything. Didn't install or do anything, just apt-get update and upgrade. logs: https://paste.next.armbian.com/ocofepenup [ 1511.118664] Internal error: Oops: 0000000096000044 [#1] SMP [ 1511.124251] Modules linked in: sunrpc rtl8xxxu mac80211 cfg80211 sunxi_cedrus(C) rfkill libarc4 v4l2_mem2mem videobuf2_dma_contig videobuf2_memops videobuf2_v4l2 videodev videobuf2_common polyval_ce sun50i_h6_prcm_ppu mc polyval_generic dump_reg cpufreq_dt zra…

  66. Started by guy cal,

    When I change the country and keyboard settings with armbian-config, the keyboard change from qwerty to azerty but after a reboot, the keyboard is qwerty again. The country code stay correct as set in the config.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
  67. Guest

    I made this simple dts file for my GPS NTP server running on Zero2/3 and Zero2w On Zero2, use PC9 as PPS in , and on Zero2W use PI5 . It should be configured in /boot/armbianEnv.txt, but I unsuccess on zero2w, so you must comment out two lines and compile it by yourself. Maybe help someone. sun50i-h616-pps-gpio.dtso

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4k views
  68. I've updated all Armbian packages on my Ubuntu 24.04 system running on the Cubietruck a few days ago, updating the release to Armbian 25.2.3 with kernel linux-image-current-sunxi (i.e. I'm using the current flavor of the system). This got me the current kernel version 6.6.75. Unfortunately, since that I couldn't get the system to boot anymore, because it immediately throws a kernel panic on boot. The HDMI output doesn't show anything, so I had to attach a serial console to see what's going on. I've already followed the Recovery guide, extracting again all .deb packages and reinstalling u-boot on the SD card, and even compared the contents of /boot with t…

  69. When using armbian-config to select an overlay ("DTO001")e.g. for uart2, one is offered the full names w/ overlay prefix, e.g. sun7i-a20-uart2. The system adds this to armbianEnv.txt: overlays=sun7i-a20-uart2 But it has also the line overlay_prefix=sun7i-a20 In the end, uart2 is not activated (no output from /dev/ttyS1) - after changing the overlay line to overlays=uart2, I can read from /dev/ttyS1. System is Armbian 25.2.2 stable (bookeworm), Armbian Linux 6.12.20-current-sunxi.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.7k views
  70. Hi, I'm running fine my Orange Pi PC+ with an external HDD since many years and decided to switch to an 1Tb SSD recently. SSD enclosure has it's own power supply. After few hours/days my OPi is not responding using SSH, and ethernet adapter is like frozen. Unpluging the ethernet cable generaly resolve the problem. What could it be related to ?

  71. Hello, I am curious to hear how accurate the measurement of temperature is from the onboard sensors, particularly in my case for the Banana Pi M2+. While I do understand that the BPi M2+ suffered from poor choices for thermal management from the manufacturer both in hardware and software, I believe that thankfully Armbian has worked out the kinks on the software side, hasn't it? I am running the latest noble image, here's what I noticed. The temperature as shown by the sensors and armbianmonitor commands never really goes below 60° even on idle with ambient temperatures of around 25 to 30 degrees. My SBC already came with a small heatsink attach…

  72. So.. this neat board has mainline kernel but with no video output and it has a mali panfrost GPU. My question to all you dev pros of the kodi tv boxes is... Is there anyone capable to fix video output on this wee board that has it on radxa 5.15 default debian kernel?

  73. Hello and Happy New Year my lovely Armbian friends! I am aware that this topic is a reoccurring one, having abused the search function beyond its functional capabilities I have found the following threads that deal with somekind of sleep and wake with separate pins for each function: how to wake up OPi3 gpio to inform of system shutdown I would like to know if it is possible to have 1 pin act as both sleep and wake depending on its voltage? - if so how could i modify one of those dts in the first link? I am new to dts so not sure how the pin mappings are assigned. for example, I have a DRV5053 hall effect sensor tha…

  74. Armbian_community_25.5.0-trunk.538_Orangepizero2w_bookworm_current_6.12.23_minimal.img When try to boot. It get stuck trying to boot from emmc. It does not have emmc. After several power restart sometimes it boots form microsd. also it ask for tags which has only one option "Solved". I had to tag this topic as solved in order to be able to submit it.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.8k views
  75. Hello, I'm trying to connect an PCF8574 I2C adapter to my Orange Pi, but it doesn't show up in i2cdetect, only something at 0x30 on i2c0 and 0x36 on i2c1 that is labeled UU. I tried to connect it to arduino, and it found it on address 0x27 Connected on pins 3 and 5 root@orangepizero2w:~# sudo i2cdetect -y 0 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 30: 30 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -…

  76. Started by Pilinha,

    I have an Orange Pi Plus 2 that has worked with Android installed for a long time. But now I needed to install Linux on it. I needed to find a Linux image to install on it, and I've already got several, but all the ones that worked, and that were on the login screen, didn't go beyond that, since in none of the 4 USB ports the keyboard worked and I imagine the mouse. I read somewhere that the image Armbian_5.38_Orangepiplus_Ubuntu_xenial_default_3.4.113_desktop.7z or Armbian_5.20_Orangepiplus_Debian_jessie_3.4.112_desktop.7z, but I don't know where to get it, hoping to solve all the problems. Can someone give a helping hand, please?

  77. I'm having a problem installing a driver. Once compiled correctly, the system gives me an error. Note that I performed the same procedure with : RaspiOS on an arm64 board (RPi4B) with the same kernel version, and it worked. Debian 12 on a PC, and it worked. Armbian on an arm64 board (RPi4B) with the same kernel version, and it worked. Armbian on an armhf board (nanopineocore) with the same kernel version, and it worked. But does not work with Armbian Bookworm on a nanopineocore2 board: epsilonrt@nanopineocore2:~/src/tty0tty/module$ sudo modprobe tty0tty modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'tty0tty': Exec format error …

  78. Armbian_community_25.5.0-trunk.444_Radxa-cubie-a5e_bookworm_dev_6.14.0-rc1_minimal.img use to flash android phone echerdroid apk use for flash but not flashing proper not boot

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 3.6k views
  79. Board: NanoPi NEO Air SoC: Allwinner H3 (sun8i platform) Armbian Release: Bookworm (Debian 12 base) - Tested with both beta and stable repositories. Problem Description: The SPI device node (/dev/spidev0.0) does not get created on Armbian Bookworm for the NanoPi NEO Air, preventing the use of SPI peripherals. This issue occurs despite correctly enabling the sun8i-h3-spi-spidev overlay in /boot/armbianEnv.txt. Diagnosis / Root Cause: Through troubleshooting, it was determined that the essential kernel module required for the Allwinner SPI controller, spi-sunxi.ko, is missing from the standard kernel image packages provided by Armbian for Boo…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3k views
  80. I have a big problem with the latest Armbian images, the problem not only persists with the latest versions, with the previous one the same thing happened to me with the old Ubuntu images, it works without problems with the old kernel, I have a video published with the problem since it works but at certain times the device turns off and does not turn on a single LED light until I reconnect it, I thought it was a problem with the power supply but not with the old Ubuntu images it works and even with the game emulators of the lakka-tv image, so I came to the conclusion that the hardware is in good condition, therefore check what the fault could be because the computer usual…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4.8k views
  81. Hello, I have Orange Pi One Plus with the kernel 5.15.80 of Armbian 22.11.1 and work well. , but after upgrading to 23.8.1 kernel 6.1.47 the network interfaces stop working at all. Even I try the 23.05.1, 23.05.6 all have same error which because the kernel is 6.1.x. Currenly I limited the internet access without the the network. May I know how to fix it in the console or someone can help to generate the 23.11.1 image for fixed this error. Thanks The error message like as below in the console terminal. [ 9.899195] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: __stmmac_open: Cannot attach to PHY (error: -19) The spec of …

  82. The eth0 device does not work when using 6.1.47-current-sunxi64 and 6.12.20-current-sunxi64 kernels. There will be the following errors in the kernel log. pi@orangepi3:~$ dmesg | grep eth0 [ 16.997431] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: Register MEM_TYPE_PAGE_POOL RxQ-0 [ 16.998219] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: __stmmac_open: Cannot attach to PHY (error: -19) [ 19.284111] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: Register MEM_TYPE_PAGE_POOL RxQ-0 [ 19.284754] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: __stmmac_open: Cannot attach to PHY (error: -19) [ 19.308140] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: Register MEM_TYPE_PAGE_POOL RxQ-0 [ 19.308738] dwmac…

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 3.8k views
  83. I need some help with this LCD https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CMD7Y55M?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share, i bought it since i verified whith the always unreliable AI GPT if it would work with my Orange Pi since i want to use the screen in my klipper 3d printer. Now im stuck since the available driver from the manufacturer are only for the Arduino and RP2040. I verified evrywhere and could only find one github but that one did not work for me and there are no tutorials of how to work with this. Does some one have any idea of how to make this run or work?. Just in case my wiring is as follows:

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 5.2k views
  84. Guest

    boot and stopped on mount something.

  85. Hello! I’m using Armbian 25.2 image. It seems there is a bug in the device tree. I have enabled ethernet@5030000. But ethernet doesn’t work. Does anyone know where to find the tree with the correct description of the ethernet@5030000 node for use with internal phy?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3k views
  86. Hi, i have an orangepi zero 2w and tried noble gnome image with the "current" kernel (v6.6.x). I activated the gpu via armbian-config and reboot. Then it stucks somewhere in the booting process. It shows nothing on the screen. If i use the orange pi image instead, i can activate the gpu with orangepi-config, which is a similar tool like armbian-config. The gpu works fine then and has great performance. So it's theoretically possible. Can someone explain to me what the problem is here. If it was a simple port, it would surely have already been done. I tried also the dtb from the orange pi image, but then it also didnt boot up. Th…

  87. Hi, sorry, I searched the forum but couldn't get any definitve answer to my questeion.... Is Video Decoding Hardware acceleration, CEC control and HDMI Audio Pass Through working on the OrangePiZero3 device? Thanks to its gigabit ethernet it would be the perfect replacement for my cheap amlogic Box which does only 4K25P due to hardware limitations..... Thanks for your input regarding this topic! Cheers Ford

  88. Started by Sevillano,

    Hi to everyone. I've installed community build Armbian on a Nanopi R1S-H5 and all ok but i see two differents Wlan (Wlan0 and Wlan1). If the board has only one wifi nic, how is this possible? Is there an error in any configuration file or in other place? Thanks in advance.

  89. Armbian_community_25.5.0-trunk.334_Orangepizero3_noble_current_6.6.75_gnome_desktop.img I downloaded above image with assumption that it would open desktop on first powerup. However, it kept on opening command prompt on first power up. I also tried installating gnome desktop from armbian config and rebooting. Still it did not open desktop. Please guide. Thanks in advance.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.7k views
  90. Started by heikow,

    Hi there, after upgrade Armbian today the Device (banana-pi) doesnt come up again telling that the root fs couldnt be mount because mmcblk0p1 is not available. After checking SD Card everything seems ok, filesystem is there and doesnt have any error. But still no boot. Then after applying a backup things are fine again. Started the upgrade again and same error like before. When applying those two updates there is repeatedly a dead system afterwards. Tested on different devices now. root@gluster01:~# apt list --upgradable Listing... Done armbian-config/unknown 25.5.0-trunk.330.0402.205255 all [upgradable from: 25.5.0-trunk.286.0324.065110] linux-ima…

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 3.6k views
  91. Hello .. I have tested both current release 24.2.1 (jammy and bookworm) on OPiZero, and usb otg not working .. on both .. Kernel is 6.6.20-current-sunxi module g_serial is loaded ttyGS0 exist serial-getty@ttyGS0.service is runing dtc overlays are usbhost0 - 3 ..all looks good on opizero side ... but on "computer side" not.. nothing happened when usb cable is plugged in .. no ttyAMC0 device was created .. no new usb hardware can be found in system log ... ..nothing.. Buster version works well... (my old installation) any advice ..? or it is any "actual kern…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.7k views
  92. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    It seems there are no any on-board wifi nodes (vcc33-wifi, vcc-wifi-io, wifi-pwrseq ) in sun50i-h618-orangepi-zero2w.dtb , and exists in Zero 3 dts . zero2w.dts: type_addr_wifi = <0x02>; zero3.dts: type_addr_wifi = <0x02>; zero3.dts: vcc33-wifi { zero3.dts: regulator-name = "vcc33-wifi"; zero3.dts: vcc-wifi-io { zero3.dts: regulator-name = "vcc-wifi-io"; zero3.dts: wifi-pwrseq { zero3.dts: reg_vcc33_wifi = "/vcc33-wifi"; zero3.dts: reg_vcc_wifi_io = "/vcc-wifi-io"; zero3.dts: wifi_pwrseq = "/wifi-pwrseq";

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.9k views
  93. I am running a old buster image and ran apt-get upgrade, now it won't boot. Armbian 21.02.3 Buster with Linux 5.15.93-sunxi64 Get:8 http://netcup.armbian.com/apt buster/main arm64 linux-u-boot-orangepipc2-current arm64 25.2.3 [336 kB] ... Unpacking armbian-firmware (25.2.3) over (23.08.0-trunk--1-SA1251-B226d) ... dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-RjldFI/034-armbian-firmware_25.2.3_all.deb (--unpack): trying to overwrite '/lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/board-2.bin', which is also in package firmware-atheros 20190114+really20220913-0+deb10u2 dpkg-deb: error: paste subprocess was killed by signal (Broken pipe) ... Preparing…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.2k views
  94. Hello, Do you guys have some tips on reducing power consumption to an absolute minimum? I've made some progress and reduced it to about 500mW on idle. with some CPUs shut off. I would like to get it lower for battery saving. I'm currently building a custom image with as much of the functions I don't need (SPI, i2c, bluetooth etc) turned off hoping that I will get some more power savings. Not sure if this will make a difference yet. Ideas would be appreciated!

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 3.5k views
  95. Hi there. First time posting. I already installed the latest version of the desktop version for my M1 and I was gratefully surprised how an old device is still working thanks to the armbian community. Thanks all of you. I am on a retro project trying to make my M1 working on an old crt TV through the pal/ntsc video output. New compiled kernel doesn’t seem to have the necessary driver/module. Any workarounds/ideas to achieve that? thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 4.2k views
  96. Hello Community! I am struggling with assigning numbers to I2C buses in my BPi, doing the same(?) thing in two different ways i am getting two different results. By default, there is only /dev/i2c-0 node available, AFAIK because HDMI uses this bus. 1. Using build-in overlay for i2c0 bus (overlays=i2c0 in /boot/armbianEnv.txt) enables another i2c bus. In this case, /dev/i2c-0 is the bus connected to pins 3 and 5 at 40-pin header. The other bus (enabled by default) becomes /dev/i2c-1. It doesn't matter how many times i reset my board, assignment doesn't change. 2. The second way is to create my own overlay by cloning this code and …

  97. Started by Rob Tapp,

    I have a NanoPi Neo. I am trying to get a gps module setup on it. Just at typical neo6m, serial gps module. I would like to start out at the basics. I am not new to linux, or micro controllers, but I am new to the nanopi. How can I confirm that something is talking on the serial ports? Is there a way to route the serial port traffic to the terminal when I am logged in through ssh? I am not sure the uart1 is enabled, but even if it is enabled, I really wouldnt know how to confirm it. Does anyone know where I can look to find some info? I would like to find out how to enable the serial ports for communication with another device &amp…

  98. Hello dear comminuty, I have spent the last few days trying to get Hardware-Accelerated Video Decoding Encoding to work on the H618. I have tried everything but it does not work. ffmpeg -input_format mjpeg -video_size 1920x1080 -i /dev/video1 -c:v cedrus264 -f rtsp rtsp://localhost:$RTSP_PORT/$MTX_PATH my goal is to output a rtsp stream from a camera. But I get this ERROR: [cedrus264 @ 0xaaaae53e5170] VE Open error. Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height sudo ffmpeg -f v4l2 -video_size 1280x720 -i …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 11k views
  99. Hello, long time Banana Pi user here. I have a BPI-M2+ and recently decided to write Armbian_23.02.2_Bananapim2plus_bullseye_current_5.15.93_minimal.img to emmc. I am using cat6 over gigabit LAN and am seeing scp and rsync transfers to the device averaging 1.7mb/s. Transfering an 850mb file took unusually several minutes. It starts off at 40mb/s then quickly drops to under 2mb/s. Is this typical? I would think over LAN I would be seeing much faster speeds. Untarring this same 850mb archive also took unusually long. Could the emmc be damaged or on it's way out? How would I check? Please see armbianmonitor output. https://pastebin.com/RCa…

  100. https://paste.armbian.com/faquvejaxo works ok for my alternate 2G4 network. Scanning wifi does not show any 5G8 networks. From dmesg: bananapim2plus:brcm:% dmesg |grep -i brcm [ 7.495253] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio for chip BCM43430/1 [ 7.497405] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.sinovoip,bpi-m2-plus.bin failed with error -2 [ 7.497440] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Falling back to sysfs fallback for: brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.sinovoip,bpi-m2-plus.bin [ 7.871128] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.sinovoip,bpi-m2-plus.txt faile…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.