Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Allwinner sunxi

Community maintained Allwinner SoC based boards

  1. After flashing the sd card with armbian and booting it, it asks me to enter the root password, however the keyboard that is plugged in isnt detected and nothing is typed on the screen. Ive already tried bookworm and jammy, both cli and minimal-cli variants. It is not a keyboard or usb related issue, i tested it with an older version of armbian and the keyboard still works.

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 5.5k views
  2. Hello. For some reason, UART1 does not work for transmission, only for reception. The transmitter pin itself is definitely working, I checked by switching this pin to output mode, and then switching it to a high/low logical level, everything works properly, the level on the Pin changes. How I check the UART itself: I installed picocom, shorted the TX and RX pins, and I’m trying to see what I’m sending. For UART2 this method works as it should, but UART1 only works for reception. I realized this when I opened the TX and RX, and was able to receive incoming data sent through the USB-UART converter.

  3. Hello! How to turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices to reduce power consumption? armbianmonitor -U -> result in attachment. Thank you. armbian-hardware-monitor.log

  4. My Orange Pi 3 LTS with Armbian 23.11.1 Jammy with Linux 6.1.63-current-sunxi64 is showing high load, but low CPU. The SBC crashed overnight. When I run htop, the following lines show state D: root lscpu root /bin/bash /usr/lib/armbian/armbian-hardware-optimization start root grep -q \<ondemand\> /sys/devices/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors load average: 4.00, 4.00, 4.00 System load: 100% CPU usage: less than 1% sar -u 5 Linux 6.1.63-current-sunxi64 (hostname) 12/31/2023 _aarch64_ (4 CPU) 03:41:54 …

    • Reputation Points

    • 18 replies
    • 8.2k views
  5. Hi, I am building a voice assistant on OrangePiPc on latest Armbian 23.11.1 Bookworm \l root@orangepipc:/etc/alsa# aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: Codec [H3 Audio Codec], device 0: CDC PCM Codec-0 [CDC PCM Codec-0] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 1: sun9ihdmi [sun9i-hdmi], device 0: SUN9I-HDMI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [SUN9I-HDMI PCM i2s-hifi-0] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 For some reason when I plan an audio file using cvlc or play cli tools, about 1 first second of audio is skiped for some reason. I guess this time DAC is initialized. How I can solve this issue?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.1k views
  6. Gents, installed Armbian Bullseye successfully to my Banana Pi M2 Berry. In second step i moved the OS to my attached 2,5 WD RED Sata Harddrive. This was easily possible with the command "sudo nand-sata-install". But now, i see that my /var/log is full, because its located in ZRAM. root@BananaPiM2Berry:/etc/systemd/system# df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on udev 431M 0 431M 0% /dev tmpfs 100M 11M 90M 11% /run /dev/sda1 687G 1,3G 651G 1% / tmpfs 500M 0 500M 0% /dev/shm tmpfs 5,0M 4,0K 5,0M 1% /run/lock tmpfs 500M 0 500M 0% /tmp /d…

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 10.9k views
  7. Is this the reason why I don't see my soc temperature and how I can I solve?

    • Reputation Points

    • 16 replies
    • 6k views
  8. Started by Richard_Balogh,

    Hi! ill try install homeassistant on orange pi zero 512MB, but i have a problem. i have download Armbian_22.08_Jammy_rolling_Sid server_Kernel_5.19.y_359M_Sep.24,2022 https://redirect.armbian.com/region/EU/orangepizero/Sid_edge and installed armbian like https://www.albertogonzalez.net/how-to-install-armbian-debian-on-an-orange-pi-zero i dont know is it correct or not, i think Kernel_5.19 is better than 5.15? / _ \| _ \(_) |__ /___ _ __ ___ | | | | |_) | | / // _ \ '__/ _ \ | |_| | __/| | / /| __/ | | (_) | \___/|_| |_| /____\___|_| \___/ Welcome to Armbian 22.08.2 Sid with Linux 5.19.10-sunxi No end-user support: unsupported (sid) usersp…

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 13.2k views
  9. Hi there, I am trying to build a voice assistant using OrangePiPc. This is not orangepi zero, but I am posting it here, because there is no subthread for orangepipc. OrangePiPc has an embedded microphone, but for some reason it doesn't work. When I run arecord, I get an input/output error. Any ideas? Here is a board description: http://www.orangepi.org/orangepiwiki/index.php/Orange_Pi_PC arecord -l card 0: Codec [H3 Audio Codec], device 0: CDC PCM Codec-0 [CDC PCM Codec-0] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 root@orangepipc:~# aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: Codec [H3 Audio Codec], device 0: CDC PCM Cod…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.3k views
  10. Started by orangeRK,

    I have a problem flashing the oranges. I flash it with a 32G SD card with Linux with a network cable directly to the switch. After the process is finished, I turn off the orange and remove the card and turn it on again, but the orange LED (communication) on the network card stops working. This occurs in every 10 oranges flashed, 1 or two this type of error occurs. What is the solution?

  11. Hi, Just as my last post. I want to know if it is possible to wakeup opi3 after I switch its state to "mem" or "disk" using gpio on CON12. I have doing some reasch but I don't know if it is right: PL/PM port can be used as wakeup source. PF/G/H/L/M port support interrupt event. PC/D didn't support interrupt. But when I try to write a device tree file, but it just report some error with error code -22. My device three is like this: /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { compatible = "allwinner,sun50i-h6"; /* * This fragment is needed only for the internal pull-up activation, * external pull-up resistor is highly recommended if using long wires */…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.8k views
  12. Hi all! I may need some pointers. I'm using a 2.4" LCD at spi1 which works as /dev/fb0 on armbian bookworm (6.1.63) Meanwhile I've learned frambuffer is deprecated and to be replaced by drm., but ... - I could not find enough details to understand the drm architecture in general - there is a linux/drivers/gpu/drm/tiny/ili9341.c how is that used at all? - How to use drm in armbian? For my case any acceleration is not necessary (and likely not possible even if the H3 has Mali Hardware) but I want to avoid further changes if /fbX is really gone. btw. I want to add touch with shared SPI soon, work in progress. …

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  13. Hello, I installed 2022-09-27-Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_jammy_edge_lubuntu_5.19.6-qt5-swap-bpi-p2z-10804MB.img on my Banana Pi Zero and it works great! I run sudo apt update , sudo apt upgrade ... Hours later, time to reboot. The board reboots and crashes.. See pic. Hmmm can't attach pics for some reason. First error I see on the screen says Failed to load '/boot/dtb/sun8i-h2-plus-bananapi-p2-zero.dtb libfdt fdt_check_header(): FDT_ERR_BADMAGIC No FDT memory address configured. Please configure the FDT address via "fdt addr <address>" command. Aborting! Then a bunch of other errors …

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 4k views
  14. Hi all, I'm using an OrangePi 3 LTS with Armbian 23.11.1 bookworm current 6.1.63 xfce installed on a microsd card. Unlike some previous version I tried, now the wifi works correctly. As for the bluetooth, it works... every other time. That is, on one boot it will load, in the subsequent one it will fail, and so forth consistently. I'm not an expert, so if you need some output from some program, please tell me which. By now I can say that when it doesn't work, the bt icon in the systray doesn't appear, however if I try ps aux | grep blue* I find that obexd and blueman-applet are running. And if I launch blueman-manager I get an error dialog sa…

  15. Hello after reading and reading some more for a week, I have managed to boot the modified cubieboard2 /Einstein A20 board in GSOC to point I can run Armbian-Config and start a desktop. https://www.radioddity.com/blogs/all/xiegu-gsoc-teardown-open-source-project may or may not have access to ports internally if production board and metal can rf shielding-so wary of hosing uboot. I'm using Fat16 /dev/sda1 boot with original GSOC.dtb, I unfortunately have no access to original Xeigu BuildRoot on obsolete cubetech kernel. Armbian is on /dev/sda2 on same sd card I see that wifi and battery can be changed in human readable GSOC.dtb ,can this be…

  16. Hi everyone, Very green here. Basically I setup 1 of my orange pi a few months back with "Armbian_23.02.3_Orangepizero2_jammy_legacy_4.9.318". I recently bought another pi and wanted to set it up with a newer version. I see bookworm is now the latest. I have tried both CLI and Minimal but whenever I flash those into my micro SD the orange pi never boots up. My router doesnt see the connection, so it cant hand off an IP. I thought maybe it was a bad mini SD or a bad pi. But when I flashed the old jammy image into the same SD, the pi immediately picked up the connection, my router gave it an IP and I was able to log in as a root to the pi. I re…

  17. Started by SES,

    Hello! Board: Orange Pi 3 LTS SATA-USB3: Bus 002 Device 003: ID 152d:0578 JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp. JMS578 SATA 6Gb/s Speed after load: sudo dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/null status=progress ... (5,8 GB, 5,4 GiB), 50 s, 115 MB/s Speed after spindown: sudo dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/null status=progress ... (4,5 GB, 4,2 GiB), 71 s, 62,9 MB/s After reboot the speed is again 115 MB/s The drive does not respond to changes in Power Management settings. Help me solve the problem. Sometimes the disk cannot start after spindown. Thanks!

  18. My orange Pi Zero 2W does not boot with all accessible images. Following error is displayed - [/ init]: getty is ttyl [/init]: RootDevice is "/dev/mtdblock4" , GPT_SUPPORT=1 [/ init]: Try to load Nor mount: mounting /dev/mtdbIock4 on /mnt failed: No such file or directory [/init]: Failed to mount /dev/mtdbIock4! / #_ Can any member provide me a path to fix this error and boot my Orange Pi Zero 2W?

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 8.2k views
  19. Started by wolfgang79,

    Hello, my name is Wolfgang and I´m from Germany and hope you can maybe help me. First I have no knowledge related to the nano PIs. I bought an R2D2 from Deagostini. The R2 has a board which looks like an nano PI air. It´s called DRCC H3 V2.0. The R2 has different sounds and video seqeunces which can be played by R2. My quetsion is now do you think it´s possible to change or add sounds to the board? Thanks in advance Wolfgang

  20. Hi forum members, when I try to install the headers via: "sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)" I gote these errors: Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-5.19.93-sunxi E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'linux-headers-5.19.93-sunxi' E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-headers-5.19.93-sunxi'

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
  21. Hello wonderful people! I am having trouble getting my SSD1351 1.5" RGB SPI OLED working with my NanoPi Neo v1.4 running armbian 23.11.1 with kernel 6.1.63.. Since the removal of fbtft_device from the linux kernel I have had a really hard time getting any screen to work with any of my SBC's (except RaspberryPi using the fbcp_ili9341 library) I have tried converting fbcp_ili9341 for use with the NanoPi but I keep getting "Failed to load VideoCore kernel Mailbox"... so I gave up on that lol.. Then I learned dtoverlay was a thing and after days of searching around I eventually found a .dts file for the SSD1351 here (https://github.com…

    • Reputation Points

    • 10 replies
    • 4.4k views
  22. I've installed Armbian 23.11.1 Bookworm on a FriendlyElec ZeroPi. On the cmdline the linux command who gives the following output: dgs pts/1 1011643795265722162 (172.20.10.14) Usually it should be (as on a Debian Bookworm distribution): dgs pts/0 2023-12-14 10:43 (172.20.10.14) Instead of showing date and time the Armbian who command outputs this long integer number. Why? Is this a bug or do I miss any configuration? PS: the locale settings is identical on both devices, date shows on both devices the correct time.

  23. Greetings, I'm using latest Jammy on an OPIZ2. I've installed the Mate desktop and enabled the desktop with armbian-config. I get no HDMI output. Am I missing a step? Is the Mate desktop appropriate? Thanks. The system works with the vendor's debian distro, but I'd like something better.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.5k views
  24. Started by FelSM,

    Hello, community. For a while now, I've been trying to configure the input and output of i2s0 without success. The closest I've come to a result was with the adau7002 configuration, but I'm experiencing synchronous noise, as if the issue were related to a CLK. Let me provide some details to see if anyone can guide me. I have a Banana Pi M2 with Armbian 23.11.1 Bookworm and Linux 6.1.13-current-sunxi. I have a pcm1807 connected to the input, configured with SPI, outputting i2s left justified in 24bit, and operating as a master. The pcm is connected to a 24.5MHz crystal. My goal is to configure the system to capture audio in a generic i2s format and then play it b…

  25. Hi, in an attempt to add new information and correct conflicting information over at the bottom of https://linux-sunxi.org/SID_Register_Guide#Currently_known_SID.27s it would be great if as many owner of Allwinner boards could execute most recent sbc-bench version and post/share the result link here (ix.io/sprunge.us) https://github.com/ThomasKaiser/sbc-bench#execution The new sbc-bench version always lists the SID identifier next to the SoC so that it reads as follows for example: SoC guess: Allwinner H6 (SID: 82c00007) Especially boards with 64-bit SoCs like H618, H616, H6, H5, A64 but also R40/V40 and exotic varia…

  26. How to enable kvm/virtualisation on orange pi 3 lts? I want run windows for arm on qemu with kvm, but in the kernel there is no kvm module . How i can add this module to kernel? I know that the allwinner h6 has support for virtualisation.

  27. Bookworm 6.1 kernel Cinnamon terminal is unusable. The terminal screen flickers and the written text blinks with the cursor blink. Occasionally the terminal goes black. I am using an ancient 1024x768 screen. Is this the root cause, or is the terminal broken in Cinnamon?

  28. Hi, guys. I'm using the last Armbian Cubieboard image (Armbian_23.11.1_Cubieboard_bookworm_current_6.1.63.img.xz) on my "Gemei G9" Allwinner A10 tablet. But via serial/UART the boot process stuck forever in "Starting kernel ...". Any tips on how to get the kernel to start? Thanks in advance Here is my boot log: U-Boot SPL 2023.10-armbian (Oct 13 2023 - 22:19:41 +0000) DRAM: 1024 MiB CPU: 1008000000Hz, AXI/AHB/APB: 3/2/2 Trying to boot from MMC1 ns16550_serial serial@1c28000: pinctrl_select_state_full: uclass_get_device_by_phandle_id: err=-19 U-Boot 2023.10-armbian (Oct 13 2023 - 22:19:41 +0000) Allwinner Technology CPU: Allwinner A10 (SUN4I) Model: Cubietech…

  29. Hello, I'm new to working with Armbian and Linux in general, but I have a HiLetgo VK172 G-Mouse USB GPS/GLONASS USB GPS receiver connected to my Orange Pi PC. When I open it with MINICOM, I get a response, but it doesn't give me the coordinates: $GPGSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,99.99,99.99,99.99*30 $GPGSV,1,1,01,27,,,22*7D L,,,,,203410.00,V,N*4E $GPRMC,203411.00,V,,,,,,,031223,,,N*79 $GPVTG,,,,,,,,,N*30 $GPGGA,203411.00,,,,,0,00,99.99,,,,,,*63 ... But I want to open it for serial communication in /dev/ttyACM0. Thank you very much, and any help you can give me would be appreciated.

  30. For a long time, for more than three years, I did not use my BananapiPro board. And recently I decided to launch it again.I downloaded new Armbian image distribution. But the system when loading gives out an error. After the initialization of the devices, a message appears: Device 0: unknown device ethernet@1c50000 Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete......... done Speed: 100, full duplex BOOTP broadcast 1 DHCP client bound to address 192.168.2.200 (5ms) *** Warning: no boot file name: using 'COA802c8.img' Using ethernet@1c50000 device TFTP from server 192.168.2.1; our IP address is 192.169.2.200 Filename 'COA802C8.img'. Load address: 0x42000000 Loading: T T T …

  31. Started by Roland Sabata,

    Hello, I tied to activate SPI an a BananaPI M1 an Armbian VERSION=23.11.1 but didnt succeeded! I activated "spidev" at armbian-config and tried diferent configurations in "armbianEnv.tx. with: overlays=spi0 spi-spidev param_spidev_spi_bus=0 i get roland@bananapi:~$ dmesg | grep spi roland@bananapi:~$ lsmod | grep spi spidev 20480 0 roland@bananapi:~$ ls /dev/spidev* /dev/spidev0.0 roland@bananapi:~$ I installed "Rf24" library for an nrf24l01 module and tried "scanner" "gettingstarted" and my own c++ file. Al long as I define a wrong "CE" pin, I get response from the nrf24I01 modul. Mostly I get some senseless info, but …

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  32. Hello! I am on the forum to ask you some questions that I am not able to find the answers to. I bought a 3D printer kit on Aliexpress.com including an Orange pi 3 LTS board. On the card there is an operating system installed and several applications for the printer. The first problem is that: I would like to activate WIFI on the card. I tried to do this via 2 different ways. The first is with the following command sudo orangepi-config. I go to the network/wifi menu. I chose my WIFI network. I enter the network key and I receive the following error code: Could not activate connection: Activation failed: IP configuration could not be reserved (not available addres…

  33. Hi, I am working on enabling crust support in Armbian. A draft version of pull request is here. I have made the changes for the same. With my changes, crust compiles as part of building the image and gets bundled in u-boot. I can also see the following message from U-boot U-Boot 2022.10-armbian (Jun 14 2023 - 13:49:59 +0000) Allwinner Technology CPU: Allwinner H3 (SUN8I 1680) Model: FriendlyARM NanoPi NEO DRAM: 512 MiB Core: 61 devices, 18 uclasses, devicetree: separate WDT: Not starting watchdog@1c20ca0 MMC: mmc@1c0f000: 0 Loading Environment from FAT... Unable to use mmc 0:1... In: serial Out: serial Err: serial Starting SCP... Net:…

  34. Started by n8henrie,

    Hello -- bringing in conversation from https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/5726#issuecomment-1817668480 as requested. @viraniac -- I've attached the dmesg output from a fresh flash of the quadra SD image -- which is just armbian checked out at `90c05ba` with this patch applied: https://www.inovato.net/build/quadra.patch . Build instructions from the founder are at https://forum.inovato.com/post/building-armbian-from-source-12449428?pid=1333459893 Curiously the dmesg output almost looks truncated to me -- doesn't start with `Booting Linux on physical`, and I see a few xradio message but no results for 819. I've rebooted and get similar output wit…

  35. Hi, I use an OrangePi Zero as a race timer for a car. It is powered from the car. So when the car starts the OrangePi gets power and boots and when the car is turned off the OrangePi loses power and "turns off". This isn't ideal but I don't have a lot of options. I feel like this is a fairly common use case for electronics in cars especially ones like race timers etc. Unless I have a battery as well. I was wondering what are the best things to do to protect against the sudden power loss so that I don't corrupt anything? Is it possible to make parts of the file system read only maybe? All I do with the OrangePi is run a C++ application, it use…

  36. Started by Timo12357,

    Apt lists Armbian 23.8.3 as upgradable but refuses to upgrade. According to apt-cache the base files for 23.8.3 have not been updated for Orangepi3-lts. Is this the case or do I have a local problem with my install? --------------- # apt-cache policy base-files base-files: Installed: 23.8.1-bullseye Candidate: 23.8.1-bullseye Version table: *** 23.8.1-bullseye 500 500 http://apt.armbian.com bullseye/main arm64 Packages 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status 11.1+deb11u8 500 500 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main arm64 Packages

  37. Started by ARM_Bruzzler,

    Hello, I'm using a BPI M2 Zero (with H3 Chip) to control two relays on CON2-P05 / PA11 and CON2-P03 / PA12. During the boot process there is a high level present at the pins, which is driving the relays. Is there a way to create a DTB overlay to drive the pins to a low level during boot. My userspace application uses libgpiod to control the pins. I'm familiar with compiling and activating overlays, i would just need help to write the correct .dts file. Thank you very much in advance

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
  38. armbianmonitor -u hastebin - yadagozohu (armbian.com) Using https://redirect.armbian.com/region/NA/orangepipc/Jammy_current image Attached is the output from the serial console for uboot etc. The console is using about half the vertical resolution, and a little under half the horizontal resolution of the HDMI monitor. In contrast, the orangepi.org built image is using the full resolution. Image: Orange Pi PC 2.0.8 based on Debian Buster Kernel: root@orangepipc:~# uname -a Linux orangepipc 5.4.65-sunxi #2.0.8 SMP Mon Oct 26 10:20:38 CST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux In Armbian, I've tried using …

  39. First time working with usb_f_uac1. Running buster image. I have a configfs setup that hosts are able to enumerate but the attributes for capture (c_chmask, c_ssize, c_srate) and playback (p_chmask, p_ssize, p_srate) seem to be switched. i.e. c_chmask = 0x3f shows as a 6-channel capture endpoint on both Windows (ksstudio) and macOS (system information) hosts. Is there something I’m misunderstanding here? Is there something I’m not doing correctly?

  40. Started by Roland Sabata,

    Hello, I just started to use my old BananaPi M1 (Armbian 23.8 Bookworm) to check sensor values by onewire and i2c. At last there was no problem with onewire But I cannot get I2c to work. /boot/armbianEnv.txt overlay_prefix=sun7i-a20 overlays=i2c2 w1-gpio param_w1_pin=PI3 For onewire I had to define "param_w1_pin=PI3" even if my onewire sensor is connected to GPIO7. for I2C I checked "lsmod | grep i2c" but couldnt find anything. So ieven if it is not correctly activated, I could run "i2cdetect -y 2" and could find my sensor at 0x76 but couldnt communicate with it. I think I need to load "i2c-bcm2708 i2c-dev". Ho…

  41. Greetings! I have acquired for cheap this old board. It runs an old Android (4.x) and I'd like to run Armbian on it, but lack the knowledge to do that by myself. The idea would be to start with booting a Linux a SD image, then attempt to install it on the onboard flash in place of Android. The board is not for sale anymore and the manufacturer removed any mention of it from their site, however Archive.org has a copy along with related files, manuals, firmware etc: https://web.archive.org/web/20140701064007/http://www.giadatech.com/index.php?act=pShow&id=36 The board presents itself when not in USB host mode as "SoftwinerEvb" which appears to be …

  42. Started by BertHav,

    Hereby a tutorial to connect an MCP2515 based CAN bus interface to an OrangePi 3 running successfull with Buster minimal nightly with 5.3 kernel. It uses the attached user overlay only and doesn’t need any other overlay. Connections CAN module OPi3 26 pin header Raspberry CAN interface 40 pin header Vcc 3.3 CON12-P01 1 Gnd CON12-P06 6 MOSI CON12-P19 19 MISO CON12-P21 21 CLK CON12-P23 23 CS …

  43. I recently picked up an Orange Pi Zero 3 and have been trying to figure out how to get the i2c pins working on the GPIO. The pinout shows pins 2 and 3 (229 and 228 according to the orange pi version of wiringPi) being used to i2c-3. The downloadable images seem to be hodge-podge with the orange-pi-os version based on arch linux. But their instructions appears to be based on earlier orange pi models that had an Orange Pi OS based on armbian which included a 'orangepi-config' command similar to raspi-config. There is no orangepi-config in the arch-based Opi-OS. A third party image from leeboby includes a current buster version of Raspbian but while it contains raspi-co…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 11k views
  44. I'm on an Orange PI PC running Armbian_23.08.0-trunk_Orangepipc_bullseye_edge_6.5.1_minimal I've enabled analog audio out the 3.5mm jack using overlays=analog-codec in /boot/armbianEnv.txt I'm connecting the analog 3.5mm jack to a 3watt amp & speakers. It works mostly, but I only get audio on the left channel. Alsa mixer Line Out only allows one channel to be unmuted at a time - left channel or right channel. Left channel sounds pretty good (DAC reversed appears to increase dynamic output). Right channel is very low volume and appears to be "squelched" - is the audio signal reversed from ground or something? Anyway, is there some …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.8k views
  45. Hi, I could enable "spidev" support by armbian-config -> system -> hardware (enable spidev) . Everything worked fine. However, the original spidev module supports messages only up to 4096 bytes. I compiled a new version of custom spidev.ko with the 32,768 buffer size. Then, converted it to spidev.ko.xz ( xz -v spidev.ko) and replaced the original file under /lib/modules/5.15.85-sunxi/kernel/drivers/spi/spidev.ko.xz The new module works fine when I install it manually: insmod /lib/modules/5.15.85-sunxi/kernel/drivers/spi/spidev.ko.xz However, after the reboot the original 4096-byte version of "spidev" module is loaded magically.…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 3.6k views
  46. I'm connecting my Orange PI PC 3.5mm jack to this power amp: HiLetgo 5pcs PAM8403 2x 3W Mini Digital Power Amplifier Board AMP Class D 2.5-5V Input If I connect a 5v 2a power supply to the amp and a 3a 5v power supply to the Orange PI PC, it sounds great with no noise form the Orange PI and no distortion from the amp power supply. If I try to run the amp from the 5v pins on the Orange PI PC with the 3amp 5v supply, it will work, but there is a lot of noise from the main board and the amp does not get enough power to run properly. Should 3a be enough to run both these peripherals? I think the power amp will pull about 600ma, not sure what the Orange PI…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.3k views
  47. Started by WarHawk_AVG,

    I have tried several times to install the SD card root partition to a USB I have plugged in It fails to boot after it says it has completed I run it headless

    • Reputation Points

    • 11 replies
    • 8.3k views
  48. Bookworm 6.1.30 - wi-fi don't work.

    • Reputation Points

    • 21 replies
    • 12.7k views
  49. I am working on a project with armbian 23.8.1 embedded in a banana pi m2 zero. I need to use the spi 0 with the two select chips. When I initialize I can only initialize spidev0.0 or spidev 0.1. There is no way that can initialize both. Configure the armbianEnv.txt file with the following parameters: overlays= spi-add-cs1 spi-spidev param_spidev_spi_bus=0 param_spidev_spi_cs=1 Also try other combinations and nothing. Then try to modify the .dtb file by adding cs-gpios and changing status = "okay" but it doesn't work

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 3.4k views
  50. [root@lalaki ~]# journalctl -p4 Sep 16 14:27:11 lalaki kernel: watchdog: watchdog0: watchdog did not stop! Sep 16 14:26:51 lalaki kernel: cacheinfo: Unable to detect cache hierarchy for CPU 0 Sep 16 14:26:51 lalaki kernel: cacheinfo: Unable to detect cache hierarchy for CPU 1 Sep 16 14:26:51 lalaki kernel: cacheinfo: Unable to detect cache hierarchy for CPU 2 Sep 16 14:26:51 lalaki kernel: cacheinfo: Unable to detect cache hierarchy for CPU 3 Sep 16 14:26:51 lalaki kernel: KASLR disabled due to lack of seed Sep 16 14:26:51 lalaki kernel: cacheinfo: Unable to detect cache hierarchy for CPU 0 Sep 16 14:26:51 lalaki kernel: axp20x-regulator axp20x-regulator: DCDC frequency o…

  51. I want to use the OPI3, but I need 2 uarts, in 26 headers there is 1 availabe, but I need one more. Is possible to disable the debug, and use it for my application?

  52. I have board which has 2 slaves on the SPI bus, requiring ce0 and ce1. My system: Armbian 23.8.1 Bookworm with Linux 6.1.47-current-sunxi I applied overlays: spi-add-cs1 and spi-spidev, there's an spi in the system. As soon as I apply spi-double-spidev-bus.dts, the spi disappears. Скрытый текст /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { compatible = "allwinner,sun4i-a10", "allwinner,sun7i-a20", "allwinner,sun8i-h3", "allwinner,sun50i-a64", "allwinner,sun50i-h5"; fragment@0 { target = <&spi0>; __overlay__ { #address-cells = <1>; #size-cells = <…

  53. First, I have installed latest Armbian 23.8 Bookworm CLI, boot works fine, I can login Then, I have installed wireguard. As a dependency, wireguard install linux-image-6.1.0-12-rt-armmp After reboot device is unavailable in network (orange LAN LED blinking while green does not, I assume ethternet broken with this kernel)

  54. I'm using Armbian 23.02 Bullseye CLI. I didn't want the HDMI to show the boot system log and TTY1 login screen. According to the armbian documentation, I changed "console=both" to "console=serial" in /boot/armbianEnv.txt. I checked /boot/boot.cmd related to console, and I confirmed that this modification is OK, but it cannot start, uboot printed "Starting kernel..." After that, there is no output, and the power supply is only 5V 170mA. The following is the printing of the serial port. If anyone has been in a similar situation, please give me a little help, thank you very much. U-Boot SPL 2022.07-armbian (Feb 17 2023 - 22:32:08 +0000) DRAM: 2048 MiB Trying …

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 4.4k views
  55. Hi all, I have a Nano Pi Neo Core board with Armbian 5.15.93, and I want to upgrade it to 6.1. I ran the "armbian-config", and selected the new version linux-image-edge-sunxi=23.02.2 based on kernel 6.1.11-sunxi. After the update the board does not boot anymore. Further investigation shows that the original "/boot" folder was looking like this: And after the upgrade, I get this: A "uInitrd" symlink is broken, the "uInitrd-6.1.11-sunxi" file is missing, and obviously, the board cannot boot. Question N1: where can I get the proper "uInitrd-6.1.11-sunxi" file? I cannot find it online,…

  56. Sorry for the minimal info provided in this report but, due to the possible data corruption which the bug may cause, I'm not willing to reproduce this again on my board which runs in production. One week ago, I experienced data corruption happening on the nanopi. Actually it was some time (more than one month) that I saw the board acting weird: - long ssh transfers would sometime brake (via https://github.com/dooblem/bsync) - `apt update` reported invalid keys for the official armbian repository - on rare occasions, the board would freeze (not respond to ssh, requiring manual power cycle) After experiencing data corruption, I …

  57. I just run an "sudo apt upgrade" and my 22.05 system was upgraded to 23.8.1 As a result WiFi stopped working. The wireless interface disappeared and can not be configured with armbian-config. On the positive side it seems like the load bug is now fixed, load can now be 0.0.0 at its lowest as opposed to 1.1.1 before. is there a way to revert back to the old kernel with Armbian?

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 3.9k views
  58. Should it be possible to take a working SD card out of one OrangePi Zero and put it in a new one? Same board and amount of RAM and everything.

  59. I am having a network problem that I can not figure out. First I had to roll back the kernel to version 5.x to even get wifi to work. Since then I have tried all sorts of things. No matter what I do, when I unplug the eth0 the wifi goes away as well. Here is some stuff that might help. __ __ _ _ _ ____ _____ | \/ | (_) (_) |/ __ \ / ____| | \ / | __ _ _ _ __ ___ __ _ _| | | | | (___ | |\/| |/ _` | | '_ \/ __|/ _` | | | | | |\___ \ | | | | (_| | | | | \__ \ (_| | | | |__| |____) | |_| |_|\__,_|_|_| |_|___/\__,_|_|_|\____/|_____/ Version 1.1.1, based on Armbian 23.02.2 Bullseye Running on OPi 3 L…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
  60. Hello there. I'm trying to set up GPIO pins PD15 and PD16 on my OrangePi 3 LTS to work as input pins using device tree overlays. The overlay I have created is the following (for PD15 only): /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { compatible = "allwinner,sun50i-h6"; fragment@0 { target = <&pio>; __overlay__ { my_pins:my_pins { pins = "PD15"; function = "gpio_in"; default-state = "on"; }; }; }; fragment@1 { target-path = "/"; __overlay__ { my@0 { compatible = "my-gpio"; pinctrl-names = "default"; pinctrl-0 = <&my_pins>; gpios = <&pio 3 15 0>; status = "okay"; }; }; }; }; Probably …

  61. Hello. I have problem with SSH on Armbian 23.8 Bookworm Orange Pi 3 LTS. Orange seems like booting ok, DHCP works too, since I see Pi's IP in my router settings, also I can ping it, and I'm 100% sure its Pi's IP since I have only my PC connected to LAN. I waited for 5 mins, and still couldn't connect to SSH. I tried to do port scan on Pi's IP and nmap says that only 5555 port is open. I am using 2A Adapter, so there should be no power issues. Here are some logs. Spoiler ping 192.168.1.82 Pinging 192.168.1.82 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 192.168.1.82: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64 Reply from 192.168.1.82: bytes=32 time&lt…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 7.5k views
  62. I did try the latest Armbian 23.5 Bookworm on my banana pi m2 zero with allwinner h3 chip and I couldn't get the USB OTG port working (i. e. no keyboard recognition) and eth0 also did not work. After a lot of searching I found an old image (BananaPi-M2zero_Armbian_2021.08.1_bullseye_CLI_5.10.60.img) which did work. I wonder what happened to the kernel Kernel 6.2.y edition and why those crucial hardware features are not working anymore. Is there a vault somewhere of older armbian software revisions?

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 6.3k views
  63. Started by Dante Alighieri,

    as per title, armbian sucks. The last version is totally broken, unusable. Only one quarter of the screen is readable, the rest is black: why nobody has said that? Why nobody says that vlc and mpv crashes every 2 min making watching a movie impossible? The once half-decent armbian is ready for the bin now

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.7k views
  64. Hello, I bought an orange pi plus 2 and connected it to the power supply, the android that is already installed recognized the mouse and keyboard without any problem. I tried to boot the ARMbian using the version I was given, the orange pi plus 2e version, because there is no direct support for the orange pi plus 2. The BOOt works without any problem, but when I create the user, the system doesn't recognize my keyboard or mouse and I get stuck on the creating user screen. I'm using a 5V/3A power supply and a bluetooth mouse. Can anyone tell me if this is a kernel bug or am I using the wrong version to BOOT?

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 5k views
  65. I'm on Armbian 22.11.1 Jammy / 22.04.1 LTS, kernel 5.15.80-sunxi. Orange Pi Zero LTS. I have the issue that using all available audio players, the first half a second or so of mp3s are cut off randomly. Meaning that sometimes the beginning plays correctly, sometimes part of the beginning is cut off. Repeadetly running the player sometimes works sometimes cuts off the audio. I have tried play, ffplay, both have this issue. The speaker is a small amlfier module, the LINEOUTL output is connected to it, but the right is the same. Any ideas where to look? This is driving me insane. Thanks! I have attached a test mp3, w…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  66. Basically, just did 3 consecutive runs of iperf3, and they look like this. And it is not cpufreq, since setting it to performance on all CPU cores does not affect things. Using the current stable Debian image with kernel 6.1.30. Any ideas? $ iperf3 -c 192.168.103.156 Connecting to host 192.168.103.156, port 5201 [ 4] local 192.168.0.101 port 58758 connected to 192.168.103.156 port 5201 [ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth Retr Cwnd [ 4] 0.00-1.00 sec 27.3 MBytes 229 Mbits/sec 0 201 KBytes [ 4] 1.00-2.00 sec 26.4 MBytes 222 Mbits/sec 0 195 KBytes [ 4] 2.00-3.00 sec 26.3 MBytes 221 Mbits/sec …

  67. Started by Anthony Walter,

    Can anyone provide any information on getting the GPU driver working with a Banana Pi M2 Zero? It supposedly has a Mali 400 GPU. In my tests, it seems I am stuck with Mesa software rendering with OpenGL. When I write a program that creates an OpenGL 2.0 ES context, the vendor and renderer both list Mesa and performance is terrible (2-10 fps and GLSL shaders are incorrect) when rendering even the simplest scenes. I am using DRM (Direct Rendering Manager) with boots straight to a CLI and no desktop environment if that makes any difference. With the same code and same conditions on a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W, OpenGL works perfectly in my tests. I am usin…

  68. Hi there! I've just compiled from armbian buil tools a new image for Orange Pi 3 LTS. Then flash it on sdcard, anything was well, but armbian doesn't start at all. Nothing on the HDMI, nothing on the debug serial. Also LED doesn't light. I've tried two images: ubuntu jammy with GNOME and next case XFCE. Both cases didn't work. I've downloaded prebuilt image from armbian.org and it starts well. In my opinion, some problem with custom images in u-boot. but I don't know how to give a diagnosis.

  69. Hello. I decided to build an original image for my Fly Pi board. HDMI output not working. The image is shown only when loading Uboot, and then turns off and a black screen appears. Here are the logs: https://ix.io/4EWM DISPLAY=:0 xrandr output: can't open display :0 X org log: https://paste.debian.net/1290516 I'm confused and don't know what to do...

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.6k views
  70. Armbian Jammy (Minimal CLI) boots/works fine from an SD Card. (Armbian_23.5.2_Nanopi-r1_jammy_current_6.1.30_minimal.img.xz) apt update && apt upgrade -y && apt autoremove apt install armbian-config -y armbian-install I choose option #2 - Boot from eMMC - System on eMMC Accept the warning. I choose option #1 - ext4 The install appears to move along smoothly. I choose the "Power Off" option. Pull the power, remove the SD Card. Reconnect the power. I never see the "heartbeat" on the "System"(red) LED. The NanoPi never boot or obtains an IP address.

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 5.9k views
  71. Hi there! I've recently configured the ov5640 camera overlay and was able to capture videos either with mjpg-streamer of ffmpeg. Now on 6.1.34 both causes now a kernel oops. From the stack trace it looks like it happens inside v4l2 "media_pad_remote_pad_first" Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000030 ... ... PC is at media_pad_remote_pad_first+0xa/0x58 I don't think v4l2 is the root cause because this may mean it fails alle the time which is unlikely. Looks like a null ptr gets passed in into media_pad_remote_pad_first ffmpeg used like this, but other parameters all resulting in the kernel oop…

    • Reputation Points

    • 23 replies
    • 7.7k views
  72. Under kernel 4.9, using a usb3.0 to Gigabit interface with RTL8153b card, the upstream and downstream speed can reach Gigabit. But with kernel5.10, the speed can't reach gigabit, and the driver file has been changed to the latest version, but still no effect. kernel5.10 Speed measurement root@orangepi3-lts:~# iperf3 -c 192.168.3.201 Connecting to host 192.168.3.201, port 5201 [ 5] local 192.168.3.146 port 44376 connected to 192.168.3.201 port 5201 [ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate Retr Cwnd [ 5] 0.00-1.00 sec 24.8 MBytes 208 Mbits/sec 0 147 KBytes [ 5] 1.00-2.00 sec 23.5 MBytes 198 Mbits/sec 0 147 KBytes [ 5] 2.00-3.00 sec 23.5 MBytes 197 Mbit…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.8k views
  73. Hi all! Could someone help me? I am triying to setup Kedei 3.5 HDLCD touchscreen. I found a common example sunxi-DT-overlay for ads7846. /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { compatible = "allwinner,sun4i-a10", "allwinner,sun7i-a20", "allwinner,sun8i-h3", "allwinner,sun50i-a64", "allwinner,sun50i-h5"; fragment@0 { target = <&pio>; __overlay__ { ads7846_pins: ads7846_pins { pins= "PA7"; function = "irq"; }; }; }; fragment@1 { target = <&spi0>; __overlay__ { #address-cells = <1>; #size-cells = <0>; status = "okay"; ads7846@0 { compatible = "ti,ads7846"; reg = <0>; /* Chip Select 0 */ …

  74. Hi there, I have OPi3 (not B nor LTS), now I got an SSD module ( https://allegro.pl/oferta/dysk-ssd-128gb-msata-6gb-s-13044566959 ), and it does not seem to work (nothing related in lsblk). I am using Armbian 21.02.3). Any ideas? the red LED is on, mechanically looks compatible with socket do I need something to enable this? armbianmonitor -u : http://ix.io/4Bkf

  75. Hello, I'm running Armbian on the original (LeMaker) A20 powered BananaPI : cat /etc/issue Armbian 21.08.6 Buster \l I did an apt-get upgrade few days back, and since, it's CPU load is always around 1.00 even if I don't run my custom application (obviously, it wasn't the case before). Nothing special in /var/logs/messages, but top show me a kernel process always on top : top - 15:03:43 up 1 day, 17:40, 1 user, load average: 0,98, 1,03, 1,12 Tasks: 112 total, 2 running, 110 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie %Cpu(s): 4,5 us, 6,3 sy, 0,0 ni, 89,0 id, 0,0 wa, 0,0 hi, 0,2 si, 0,0 st MiB Mem : 993,9 total, 583,3 free, 119,7…

  76. Hello, The Orange Pi 3 ARMBIAN image is no longer available on ARMBIAN Website, is there any way to get it ? https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-3/ Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.8k views
  77. Started by Rakshit,

    I have orange pi zero board ..i searched a lot for changing boot splash screen ( currently "armbian universal operating system" which is enabled by adding bootlogo=true in armbianEnv.txt ) I have tried Plymouth it is not working After searching lot i knew about if we can replace bootsplash.armbian , it can help because then neither we need to change uboot packages nor we have to add quiet splash like words etc in armbianEnv.txt. https://github.com/armbian/build/tree/master/packages/blobs/splash. With help of this bootsplash-packer Can anyone list me some steps ( in short ) How to run this script and create…

  78. My OrangePi Zero is on 23.02 and I intend to stay with it (unless/until xradio wifi works on kernel 6.x). Just ran apt update and it shows these available packages: armbian-config/bullseye,bullseye 23.08.0-trunk--1-SA9048-Baeda all [upgradable from: 23.02.2] armbian-firmware/bullseye,bullseye 23.08.0-trunk--1-SA1251-B226d all [upgradable from: 23.02.2] armbian-zsh/bullseye,bullseye 23.08.0-trunk--1-SAbfee-Baf88 all [upgradable from: 23.02.2] I'm surprised to see anything related to 23.08 seeing as that version hasn't been released yet, so obviously I don't really understand what it means to be seeing this. Should I go ahead and install these ev…

  79. So I am using Armbian on Linux with Orange Pi 5 and as I connect my Ethernet cable it is not able to connect as if i got to Firefox a tab will not be able to load. Any suggestions.

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 1.8k views
  80. Hello, I'm trying the currently offered Armbian Bookworm images for the Orange Pi Prime, using kernels 6.1.30 and 6.2.16, and notice that there is no support for SoC temperature monitoring, neither in armbianmonitor, nor in /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/. Here is the debug info from 6.2.16: https://paste.armbian.com/cetovulubu Is that a known issue? An older Armbian image that I have downloaded previously, using the kernel 5.15.93, shows the temperature just fine.

  81. Hello all, I'm trying to revive my old OPIZ + cheap expansion board. I've tried all recent images available but I couldn't get it to work. Is there any old version (with repository still alive) available with which I can install sox + alsa. I don't need recent kernel or software (but wifi) Any idea? Thanks for help Pascal

  82. ARMBIAN 5.41 user-built Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.14.34-sunxi, Orange Pi Zero board. Very limited Debian installed, wifi doesn't work. I found lines install xradio_wlan /bin/false install 8189es /bin/false in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and removed it. In /etc/modules-load.d/modules.conf I added the lines 8189es xradio_wlan. No help, wi-fi didn't work, nothing about xradio or wifi in dmesg. I figured out that there was no drivers (modules) for wifi. Found this article https://linux-sunxi.org/Wifi I execute the commands from the article, section RTL8189ES / RTL8189ETV The driver has its own repository: git clone https://github.com/jwrdegoede/rtl8189ES_li…

  83. Started by ignne,

    Since the CT (the A20 one, not the CT+) has been moved to CSC status, I've build a 22.04/jammy minimal image for my CT, and I figured I might as well share it with you. The only changes to "pure" armbian are some power management debug options in the kernel. https://github.com/IGNNE/cubietruck-armbian-unofficial/releases/tag/22.04-2022-09-09 SHA256 of zip file: 9d0028a9f5c6258a739f52f447bf4400d20fec52358f5006ae8a26b602acdfc0

  84. I just installed the image located here and am unable to get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to connect. https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-zero-plus-2-h3/ And used armbian-config -> Network -> Enable bluetooth. Here's the output of some common debugging commands I found in the forums. root@orangepizeroplus2-h3:~# lsusb Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.4k views
  85. Orangepi 3 LTS Armbian 22.05 Jammy XFCE CAN'T CONNECT WITH WIFI

  86. Started by garinus,

    Hi all, I need to enable rts/cts on my OrangePi Zero with Armbian buster with Linux 5.4.26-sunxi installed. I added the "param_uart2_rtscts=1" (I'm using /dev/ttyS2) to the /boot/armbianEnv.txt file On mi code I use this initialization of the port. xxxxx.c_cflag |= port_parity | port_bits | port_stop | CLOCAL | CRTSCTS | CREAD; Not only rts/cts but also the tx and rx pin aren't working now. Has anyone managed to enable the port on this board? Am I doing something wrong?

  87. Hello everyone! Yesterday I downloaded "Armbian 23.5 Jammy". Unfortunately the integrated wifi module does not work. I tried several alternatives but with the same problem. I am not an expert on the subject. Any solution? I'm trying to compile and in one of the steps it tells me that the "Orange Pi 3 LTS - H6" is no longer supported. If anyone knows and can help would be appreciated. https://paste.armbian.com/varepekose Original: Hola a todos! En el dia de ayer descargue "Armbian 23.5 Jammy". Lamentablemente no funciona el modulo wifi integrado. Probe con varias alternativas pero con el mismo problema. …

  88. Hello, I'm working on a project which include a microcontroller and a NanoPi NEO Core running Armbian FriendlyCore distribution. The NanoPi is wired to the µcontroler ICSP which can reset the µcontroller for update purpose. The allwinner H3 datasheet state that the GPIOA6 (the one linked to ICSP) should start with HIGH-Z and no resistance pulling, it seems to do so but a few second after reboot it seems to go low as all other GPIO... resulting in an unwanting reset of the µcontroller. Is there a way to change this by setting the default state somewhere in the system, or should I have to use dts files or core compilation ? Any solution would be appreciated. …

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 4.4k views
  89. Started by Julessss,

    Hello, I try to enable audio linein, controls with alsamixer are the following. Is it possible to redirect audio input to output directly or with audio equalizer ? I actually have sound with a speaker test, but I can't listen to the audio line-inActually I have sound with speaker test, but I can't listen audio linein Best regards

  90. I switched mentioned pins to IN mode. And it is seems they are pulled up by default. +-----+-----+----------+------+---+-Orange Pi+---+---+------+---------+-----+--+ | BCM | wPi | Name | Mode | V | Physical | V | Mode | Name | wPi | BCM | +-----+-----+----------+------+---+----++----+---+------+----------+-----+-----+ | | | 3.3v | | | 1 || 2 | | | 5v | | | | 12 | 8 | SDA.0 | IN | 1 | 3 || 4 | | | 5V | | | | 11 | 9 | SCL.0 | IN | 1 | 5 || 6 | | | 0v | | | If physically connect that pins to the ground it shows 0 level. But I need it 0 by default. A…

  91. Started by RafaCostantine,

    Hello, I am a beginner on NanoPi. I had a NanoPi neo 512M, and I am searching for a campatible image for it. unfortunately, I didn't find my device in the list but I found NanoPi Neo 2 instead. I believe that its image is not compatible with my device so, can anyone give some hands to have a compatible image? thanks in advance

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.1k views
  92. Image Armbian_23.5.2_Nanopiduo2_bookworm_current_6.1.30.img uname -a Linux nanopiduo2 6.1.30-sunxi #1 SMP Wed May 24 16:32:53 UTC 2023 armv7l GNU/Linux It turns out the dtb has some missing pieces: ethernet@1c30000 { compatible = "allwinner,sun8i-h3-emac"; syscon = <0x1e>; reg = <0x1c30000 0x10000>; interrupts = <0x00 0x52 0x04>; interrupt-names = "macirq"; resets = <0x03 0x0c>; reset-names = "stmmaceth"; clocks …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.5k views
  93. Hi, i am trying to get the Respeaker 2 Mic Pi hat working on a Banana Pi Zero M2. The HAT uses the WM8960 codec and generates its own I2S MCLK. After some trouble i got the i2c interface working and i2cdetect shows a device at address 0x1a which is correct. But i can not get the I2S interface working. I have added a user overlay with the following .dts: /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { compatible = "allwinner,sun8i-h3"; fragment@0 { target = <&i2c0>; __overlay__ { #address-cells = <0>; #size-cells = <0>; s…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 9.3k views
  94. Started by gounthar,

    Hi there 👋 I've tried the CSC edge images Armbian_23.02.0-trunk_Nanopiduo2_lunar_edge_6.1.8.img and Armbian_23.02.0-trunk_Nanopiduo2_sid_edge_6.1.8.img and the machine does not want to boot. Is there a more stable image somewhere? FriendlyCore boots on this board. Thanks. U-Boot SPL 2022.07-armbian (Jan 30 2023 - 06:49:28 +0000) DRAM: 512 MiB Trying to boot from MMC1 U-Boot 2022.07-armbian (Jan 30 2023 - 06:49:28 +0000) Allwinner Technology CPU: Allwinner H3 (SUN8I 1680) Model: FriendlyARM NanoPi NEO DRAM: 512 MiB Core: 60 devices, 17 uclasses, devicetree: separate WDT: Not starting watchdog@1c20ca0 MMC: mmc@1c0f000: 0 Loading Environment fro…

  95. I've change OpiZero's cpu from H2+ to H5, and made linux5.4.65 image with the option of "Orangepiplus (H5)" of the Build-Package which described in the Orangepi manual. After the linux startup, the output of command DMESG shows "sunxi-mmc 1c10000.mmc: Cannot do DMA to address 0x00008000514a3870", and TRACE as follows: [ 212.402793] xradio_wlan: version magic '5.15.27-station SMP preempt mod_unload aarch64' should be '5.4.65-sunxi64 SMP mod_unload aarch64' [ 248.019893] xradio_wlan: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel. [ 248.024327] xradio_wlan: module verification failed: signature and/or required key missing - tainting kernel [ 248.027…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.6k views
  96. i have orange pi pc plus and i use a hdmi monitor with it, i use xorg to run browser kiosk there is a problem with monitor if i connect hdmi before armbian starts monitor works well and show desktop but if i start orange pi (wait few seconds) and then connect hdmi cable then the monitor shows nothing

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.1k views
  97. Hi, i've a tablet that has an Allwinner A20 socs. Can i install armbian? Which are installation steps? Thank You Luigi

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
  98. Hello I need to connect my modem Huawei E3372-325 to my NanoPI but when i write command ls usb get it root@PC_42:~# lsusb Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub Bus 003 Device 002: ID 3566:2001 Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.5k views
  99. Started by Amatoren,

    At Raspberry Pi (at least on R.Pi 4) it is possibility to set up more than one 1-wire bus. Can that be done on Orange Pi plus 2e with Armbian? uname -a Linux XXXXXXXXXXX 5.15.93-sunxi #23.02.2 SMP Fri Feb 17 23:49:46 UTC 2023 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux /boot/armbianEnv.txt verbosity=1 bootlogo=false console=both disp_mode=1920x1080p60 overlay_prefix=sun8i-h3 rootdev=UUID=d908a8da-8d2e-4802-8a05-aaab4f3290bb rootfstype=ext4 overlays=w1-gpio param_w1_pin=PD14 param_w1_pin_int_pullup=0 usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u If it is possible: Any tip on configuration will make me happy. And can it be internal pu…

  100. Started by thommy,

    Hi, my Armbian Reports as 23.02.2 with Kernel 5.15.93. According to website there is already 23.5 with Kernel 6.x. How can I upgrade my existing installation? I tried apt update dist-upgrade and the "Update all packages and firmware" option in armbian-config. best regards thommy

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.