Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Allwinner CPU Boxes

A place for discussion for TV Boxes using Allwinner CPUs (H6, etc)

  1. Hi, I wanted to share what I did to get a recent Armbian build working reliably on my Tanix TX6 (Allwinner H6), in case it helps other users or developers. My TX6 would not boot the recent Armbian image normally. The image I was testing was based on Debian 13 Trixie with: Linux 6.18.50-current-sunxi64 The Linux/rootfs part itself was usable, but the board would not boot correctly with the boot chain included in the recent image. 1. Getting the recent image to boot What finally worked was creating a hybrid image. I kept the recent Armbian Linux partition/root filesystem unchanged, but replaced the low-level boot components with those…

  2. Started by Pappardello,

    Hi all, I am a (not so) proud owner of a Pendoo X6 PRO and i'm trying to convert it into a NAS but dealing with the android APKs on such old android version is a nightmare, so i'm opting for ARMbian but without any success so far... i've tried to use the images for the TX6 which supposedly has the same CPU but when i insert the SD card i just get a black screen, black 7 segments display and no ethernet cable activity... i'm attaching the hardware report hoping for a miracle, thank you to whoever will decide to spend some time guiding me on this project Device Info Report.txt

  3. Started by blackc,

    Hi! I have T95MAX v.2 board with H616 and AXP313A. I cannot up Panfrost acceleration, i think it because no renderD128 node at /dev/dri. Kernel module panfrost is laoded. Also, i' ve seen this strings at dmesg [ 1.658450] PM: always-on PM domain PLL is not on [ 1.658480] sun50i-h6-prcm-ppu 7010250.power-controller: Failed to add PLL power domain: -22 [ 1.658494] sun50i-h6-prcm-ppu 7010250.power-controller: probe with driver sun50i-h6-prcm-ppu failed with error -22 root@transpeed-8k618-t:~# ls /dev/dri by-path card0 root@transpeed-8k618-t:~# lsmod | grep panfrost panfrost 90112 0 drm_shmem_helper 28672 …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 709 views
  4. EMMC Chip Found! 0/OK EMMC CID: 90014A483847316505075CC45C0F62F9 - VALID EMMC CSD: D02701320F5903FFFFFFFFEF8A4040D3 - VALID EMMC VENDOR: SKHYNIX EMMC NAME: H8G1e EMMC DATE: 6/2015 EMMC SERIAL: 5CC45C0F EMMC REVISION: 0x07 EMMC ROM1 Size: 15269888 Block(s)/7456 MB EMMC ROM2/3 Size: 8192 Block(s)/4096 KB EMMC RPMB Size: 8192 Block(s)/4096 KB EMMC RPMB Counter: 0, State: Dirty EMMC RPMB Answer: 0/OK Switch To ROM1 Part: 0/OK EMMC REV: 1.7 (for MMC v5.0, v5.01) EMMC VER: MMC 5.0 EMMC DEV Life Time: 0x03 - Urgent EMMC MLC Life Time: 0x0B - Exceeded its Maximum Estimated Device Life Time EMMC SLC Life Time: 0x01 - 0% - 10% Life Time Used Warning! EMMC Health Report is Very B…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 373 views
  5. Hello Armbian community, I want to share the experience I have had bringing Armbian to life on my own Q8 tablet with an Allwinner A33 SoC. This is not an official Armbian-supported device and it is not a universal image for every tablet sold as “Q8”. It is a community experiment based on one specific hardware revision. I am sharing it because these tablets are often discarded, even though they can still become useful Linux devices with patience, testing and good documentation. Why I started My goal was not to turn this tablet into a modern desktop computer. I wanted to reuse it as a small portable Linux machine for learning, lightweight entertainment, …

  6. Hello Armbian community! I would like to share an updated experiment with an old MX9 Android TV Box based on the Allwinner H3. There are older discussions in this forum about running Armbian on the MX9/H3, so I decided to revisit this hardware in 2026 using a much newer Armbian userspace and kernel. This is NOT officially supported Armbian hardware. This is a community experiment using the Orange Pi PC platform as the base. CURRENT HARDWARE Device: MX9 4K TV Box SoC: Allwinner H3 CPU: 4x ARM Cortex-A7 Architecture: ARMv7 / armhf RAM detected: ~1 GB Original system: Android Boot device: microSD Display: HDMI …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 884 views
  7. Hello everyone, I have an S96Q+ H616/H313 TV box and I am looking for a working Linux/Armbian or OpenWrt image, or the correct DTB configuration to boot. I am fully ready to test any trial images or boot configurations you send over! **Hardware Details:** - **Device Name:** S96Q+ (Marked as 6K on the plastic shell) - **SoC:** Allwinner H313 / H616 Family (Reported as h313/616 in system apps) - **GPU:** ARM Mali-G31 MP2 - **RAM/Storage:** 4GB RAM / 64GB eMMC - **Physical Ports:** 3x USB ports, 1x Ethernet (RJ45), 1x Headphone jack, 1x DC Power **Networking Setup:** - **Wi-Fi:** Confirmed to be standard Single-band 2.4GHz Wi-Fi only. The exact ch…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 433 views
  8. I am trying to boot Armbian Linux on my budget X96Q Pro TV Box, but I have not been able to successfully boot into Linux even once. I am stuck and need some expert guidance on how to get this board to accept a Linux image. The Problem The Physical Reset Button is Broken: The recovery button inside the AV port does not work at all. It does not feel like it's clicking, and holding it while powering on does absolutely nothing. The Terminal Quirks: Because I can't use the hardware button, I am trying to trigger the boot via software from inside Android using a terminal app. Typing reboot update just reboots the box straight back into standard Android…

  9. the latest community build for tanix tx6 is not booting up for some reason. but the ophub's build works fine.

  10. I’m trying to install Armbian on this ODM STB. I’m using a TTL board with the following specifications: 8 GB eMMC, 1 GB RAM, and Android 10. I’ve already tried running the “reboot update” command via the terminal with root access, but I still can’t run the Armbian installation I placed on the USB-A drive. The version of Armbian I’m using is Armbian-unofficial_26.02.0-trunk_Mxqpro-h313_trixie_current_6.12.74_cinnamon_desktop.img.xz

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 353 views
  11. Reference: https://armbian.com/boards/x96q Needed: a way to add a secure patch to the referred image (may be building through git). Thank you.

  12. I'm looking for firmware for this MXQ 5G PLUS 4K TV box. I wanted the Armbian version but I can't find it. If anyone has it, please send it to me.

  13. Hi, i wanna go to armbian on the box, because the android webview's version is too old, don't have security updates (from 2019), and is so heavy for the ram. This is the specs: Model on case: MX9PRO 5G ONLY 8K Board Model: Hibox 1344_v1.0 (IK3160805) Date Model: 2020. 12. 08 RAM: physical 1G (On the android dectets 970 MB) SOC: Allwinner H313/H616 Device space: 8 GB

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 698 views
  14. Hi, I'm trying to get Armbian fully working on an MX10 F1 TV Box (Allwinner H313, 2GB LPDDR3, 16GB eMMC). The box boots using the X96Q LPDDR3 DTB (X96Q TV-Box LPDDR3), but several onboard devices are not working: ❌ Ethernet ❌ Built-in WiFi ❌ Bluetooth ❌ CPU frequency scaling Working: ✅HDMI ✅GPU (Panfrost / OpenGL ES 3.1) ✅USB ✅SD card ✅eMMC I've extracted the original Android DTB and DTS, and I'm attaching them together with the Armbian dmesg. Could someone familiar with Allwinner Device Trees help identify what is missing or needs to be changed to create proper support for t…

  15. Started by Al Nahian,

    So, For some Months I was trying to Use Latest Armbian on My Tx6S , First I found Nick Avollic's (Nick A) Armbian build that has my tx6s version supported the axp313 one but it was old (I can work with that though) but I wanted something that would support armbian latest.At first I tried to import directly from his repo but as he used miniarch patches it was difficult but somehow with some of ai assistantance I managed to made latest one but it was not on the latest stable kernal I used it for some time than now I thought why not get lastest kernal so After a lot of trail and error I finally managed to get latest Armbian and latest stable kernal working on my Tx6s.Its Als…

    • Reputation Points

    • 11 replies
    • 2.8k views
  16. Hello guys, i got 2 old fullbox rikomagic mk802 stick android mini pc. Variant Allwinner A10,Ram 512Mb. I tested armbian 26.05 via 4 config : limea1000 boot ok pcduino1 ok cubieboard ok olimex a10 lime stuck at boot os stage, same with official debian 3.4 kernel images of olimex enabled video output for desktop environment. It boot but will take a lot of time to finish

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 505 views
  17. Searching for testpoint for the MX10-L TVstick

  18. Topic: Armbian GNU/Linux for 'TX9PROMAX' TV box (not to be confused with the Tanix TX9, this one is a fake version of Tanix TX9 Pro) I am a beginner who wants to flash Armbian GNU/Linux to my fake TV box. It claims a high-end device specifications on the manual, box and even on the underside of the box itself (such as 256 gigabytes of storage and 8 gigabytes of RAM). However, that is completely false, proven by opening the box. Upon analysis of the TV box, we see that it has the following device specifications (given below in the form of a table): Note that the device specifications have been checked and I am sure that these are the specifications. The GitHub …

  19. Hello everyone, I am looking for the original firmware for my Q1 TV Box. Board information: Board: Q1-V4.0 CPU: Allwinner H313 RAM/Storage: 2GB + 16GB eMCP (Foresee) WiFi: SV6256P Sticker on PCB: Q1-H313-111-ATV-8800 XH20251014024 I have already tried searching on Needrom, but the available firmware is for Q1-V3.0 / A32 / A33 boards, and I am not sure it is compatible with my Q1-V4.0 board. Does anyone have the original firmware (.img) or know where I can download it? Thank you very much.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  20. SoC:ik316-h board: IK316Q-EMCP_V4.1 i belive it's apart of the h6 familly, correct me if i'm wrong. Well, i'm trying to boot from a sd card, but it doesn't work, i tried the toothpick methof but it still don't work. I tried with the sd and without the sd card, but it doesn't enter into android recovery mode, the only way i can get into fastboot is by using adb, however if i try to enter the bootloader by selecting it on the andorid recovery or fastboot menu it just crashes. Do you guys know any way of how can i proceed? Will be better if i change the firmware? Should i just buy ice cream and cry in the shower? I need help, the img i'm using is Armbian_community_…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  21. Hi, I can't find an image for my TV box and I was wondering if anyone has one that I could use on the device. Thanks for your help

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  22. Started by khiem,

    Hello, I have a Tanix TX6-A TV box and I’ve tried many Armbian builds, including the ones from https://armbian.com/boards/tanix-tx6 and ophub. However, the onboard Wi-Fi does not work on any of them. Has anyone found an Armbian image that works properly with the Tanix TX6-A, including Wi-Fi support?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  23. Started by Sky1726,

    Hello everyone , i tried flashing the slimboxtv using phoenix app , but failed in the middle of it and the device wont boot and wont go into bootloader mode anymore . Driver was installed successfully , but what i did that was not mentioned on the tutorial was plugging the usb cable after the power cable whipe holding the reset button as it didnt detect it via usb cable alone . Any way to unbrick ? Anyhelp would be appreciated

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 843 views
  24. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Suggestions will be very appreciated.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 857 views
  25. I'm planning on buying said Tv box in order to make it as a klipper host for a 3d printer since pi alternatives are too expensive nowadays.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  26. Search root for this motherboard. The device is tvbox Fobem Duo

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 849 views
  27. Hello! I noticed that x96q lpddr v1.3 is now an official (or something close to that) release, as it appears on the main page when searching. I used to use @sicxnull fork but now I have the impression that his changes were incorporated and he is the official maintainer of this device. I installed the Armbian 26.02 in an SD card and tested it in my X96Q lpddr v1.3 device and it works great! The problem is when I installed it to the internal eMMC, it will not boot anymore. I have the serial cable attached and I can see that very very early in the boot process u-boot cannot read from flash and the boot hangs. I know this has been discussed…

  28. Guest

    Back to the "drawing board" in the search for a solution. 🤔

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 908 views
  29. Hello guys i want to use linux on mx pro tv box from pendrive when i flash armbian image to pendrive and click the secret button on box nothing boots up can any one guide me on this thankyou:)

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
  30. Started by Vadya,

    Hi, guys! I have a tablet Iconbit Skat LE that have android 4.2.2. I want to make from it a ha dashboard. So I found info that I can install armbian. But I have an issue, it doesn't contains my tablet or even company of it. So maybe someone can help to explain?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 869 views
  31. Hey everyone, I’ve cross-flashed a MXQ 4K 5G (Allwinner sun8iw7p1 / H3) firmware onto a different H3-based TV box. Everything works surprisingly well, except for the IR Power-On/Wakeup. Since the hardware is different, my box's IR receiver is sending a scancode that the MXQ firmware doesn't recognize as the "Wakeup" key. Because this is an Allwinner (sunxi) build and not Rockchip, I know I can't just edit a remote.conf file in the system partition to fix the cold-boot power button. My questions: Where exactly is the Hardcoded IR Wakeup/Power-on scancode stored in these Phoenix-style Allwinner images? Is it buried in the Device Tree Blob (DTB)…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 1.7k views
  32. Guest

    Newbie on Armbian. I have an Allwinner H313 (confirmed) box that I want to to use as a basic Samba server. CPU:Allwinner H313Quad Core ARM Cortex A53 GPU:Mali-G31 OPenGL ES3.2 Memory:2GB Flash:16GB OS:Android 10.0 The actual firmware is a secure image and, no matter what procedure I do, I can't load any other image but the secure one. Debugging shows that 'fastbootd' has the "secure" flag set. My intention is to create a basic secure arm64 Debian image but I am having a hard time in doing so. Any ideas (specific Wiki, procedures) on how to create the secure image or "reset" the "s…

    • Reputation Points

    • 47 replies
    • 15.1k views
  33. Hey everyone! I have a TV Box labeled “In Xplus”, running on an Allwinner H313 (most likely a generic/rebranded device). I was able to install Linux on it using Armbian 26.2.0-trunk (Trixie). The system boots normally, but I’m facing network issues: - Wi-Fi is not working (no interface detected) - Ethernet is also not working (only interface is lo) So basically, the system runs fine, but I have no network connectivity at all. My questions: - Is this a current limitation of Armbian support for the H313? - Is there any specific DTB or patch that could fix Wi-Fi/Ethernet? - Is there a more stable Armbian version or another distro with better …

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views
  34. Hello armbian accomplices, I though I would share my little journey about getting this tablet rooted with magisk so that hopefully one day armbian could run on it. Steps: 1. on android become developer 2. enable oem bootloader unlocking in developer options 3. adb reboot bootloader 4. fastboot oem unlock 5. reboot, the system will be wiped clean 6. install Magisk apk from github releases 7. get Teclast T60 AI firmware from their site it contains Firmware.img 8. ./sunxi-fw extract -n "wty:init_boot.fex" -o stock_init_boot.img Firmware.img 9. transfer to device and patch with Magisk app 10. adb reboot bootloader …

  35. I need a Linux system that runs on an x98h device Anything that does not work is not booted by the device

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 898 views
  36. i need secure image x98h pro

    • Reputation Points

    • 20 replies
    • 3.7k views
  37. I tried installing armbian on tx6 because I saw a .img file for the tanix tx6 to turn it as a Minecraft server but I quickly run into problems

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 926 views
  38. Hi Does anyone have any advice on how to get Armbian running on this device. I am comeplety new to Armbian. Is there a generic Allwinner H6 image that I need to modify? Any advice pls? Thanks

  39. Good morning I have big problem I have tv box Transpeed-H616_ I update with orange pi But i can't back to old firmware

  40. Started by blasterpro1233,

    Basically it has 1 gb ROM 8gb ram h3 chip and I HAVE put many img files on SD card NONE of them boot and as soon as I take the SD card out it boots into android perfectly fine... I'm lost on words and what to do I have also tried FEL mode on linux but the request times out with error -7 power supply is 5v 2a which is fine for this so not that and I'm using a 256gb a1 rated SD card. This is from a generic Chinese tv box called meecom and it has ADX-H-V1.0 written on it. I also changed the dtb files a lot but it still gave no display or sign that it was booted into armbian idk what to do help ( btw I repasted it that's why it has no thermal putty on it)

  41. Started by BoringName,

    I currently have a TV box with @Nick A Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_x98h_bookworm_edge_6.12.11_xfce_desktop.img. I have installed linux-headers-edge-sunxi64_25.05.0-trunk_arm64__6.12.11 from the same repository. I'm trying to build a custom module to get the LCD working but I keep coming up against a Exec Format Error which implies a mismatch between the build version and the installed version. But I can't find the cause. I have been following the build instructions for tm16xx-display which hasn't been a smooth process. I've had to remove some forward slashes in the Makefile so it would find the drivers/auxdisplay folder and the line-display.mo…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  42. Started by Bayram Garryyew,

    Hello ik316q-emcp_v6.0 full dump please

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 967 views
  43. It is an h313 all winner box. But i can't point the RAM at all.

  44. I’m really happy to share that I finally managed to port the SV6256P (SSV6X5X) SDIO Wi-Fi driver from the legacy Linux 4.4 kernel to modern kernels. This repository contains my working port for Linux kernel 6.12 and newer, with updated mac80211/cfg80211 integration so the driver can build and run on recent Armbian systems. The chipset is commonly used in many low-cost TV boxes and embedded devices, but the original driver only supported legacy kernels (4.4). Now it’s functional again on modern systems, at least on my tested hardware (Allwinner H616 / X96 Q via SDIO). Repository link: https://github.com/cdhigh/armbian_sv6256p I’m qu…

  45. Hello everyone, good day. I have a problem and I want to share it with you, maybe we can find a solution. I have a Next MyBox Android box, model H313, with 2GB of RAM (I don't know the LDDR3 type, but I think it's LDDR3). I want to install Armbian on this device via an SD card, but I have a problem: the eMMC flash memory was faulty and causing a short circuit. I removed and cleaned it, but now when I try to install Armbian like X96Q with the SD card, I can't see a display or an IP address on my router. There's no HDMI display either. If you have any information about this, could you please share it?

  46. Started by jolodro,

    Hi everyone, I have a Multilaser tablet with the Allwinner A50 chip and I wanted to compile a DTB file for it, so I could boot Armbian, but I haven't found anything on the internet about PIN MAP or anyone who has worked with this chip. Also, it already has an unlocked bootloader. I really wanted to do a project with this tablet, as I'm a student at the Federal Institute and it would be a great project!

  47. Started by sicxnull,

    Hello Everyone, I've seen a few threads on these boards but wanted to create a centralized source for information. It's my understanding there are multiple variants of these boards, the one I have and used is IK316Q-EMCP_V4.1 I know there are other versions without UART ports, mine was lucky enough to have them. To build this image (adjust the compile command to your liking) git clone https://github.com/sicXnull/armbian-build cd armbian-build git checkout MXQ-PRO ./compile.sh build BOARD=mxqpro-h313 BRANCH=current BUILD_DESKTOP=yes BUILD_MINIMAL=no DESKTOP_APPGROUPS_SELECTED= DESKTOP_ENVIRONMENT=cinnamon DESKTOP_ENVIRONME…

  48. Hi Armbian community, I'm trying to install Armbian on my Worldchip K16 tablet and would appreciate guidance on compatibility and installation steps. Device Specifications: · Model: Worldchip K16 · SoC: Allwinner sun50iw10p1 (likely A64/H5 variant) · CPU: Quad-core Cortex-A53 (ARMv8 64-bit) · Current OS: Android 11 · Architecture: aarch64 (ARMv8l) · GPU: Mali-400MP2 (typical for this SoC) · RAM: Unknown (estimated 2-4GB based on similar devices) · Storage: Unknown (likely 32-64GB eMMC)

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  49. Hello community, I am looking for help to boot Armbian on a generic TV Box sold as "MXQ Pro 4K 5G". I have tried multiple images (including official and community builds from sicXnull), but I only get a black screen or signal loss immediately after the boot attempt. Device Specifications: Model on case: MXQ Pro 4K 5G Board ID: IK316Q-EMCP_V4.1 SoC: Allwinner H313 (identified as sun50iw9p1 in Android) RAM: 1GB (Single chip configuration) Storage: 8GB eMMC Current Status: I am able to boot into the stock Android. To attempt the Armbian boot, I am using the reboot update command from a terminal emulator within Android. …

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 7.1k views
  50. Started by Snepple,

    Hey i am looking for a suitable armbian distro for my tv box with the allwinner h313, 2gb ram and 8bg emmc.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  51. On internet i can't find any image for this tv box. Anyone have build for this?

    • Reputation Points

    • 12 replies
    • 5k views
  52. Hello everyone, I’m trying to flash a firmware on a generic Android TV Box and I’m stuck at a hardware/bootloader compatibility issue. Device technical details: - SoC: Allwinner H618 - Board / PCB: FX-H618-D4_V10 - RAM: 4GB DDR4 - Storage: eMMC (unknown size, likely 32GB) - USB FEL ID: VID_1F3A PID_EFE8 - Original OS: BigdroidOS (Android generic) - Commercial name: Transpeed 8K618-T Current situation: - Device enters FEL mode correctly (VID_1F3A PID_EFE8) - PhoenixSuit detects the device but firmware upgrade hangs at “Beginning Firmware Upgrade” - Tried multiple PCs (Windows 10 and 11), different USB ports and cables - Allwinner FEL dr…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 7.1k views
  53. Is it possible to switch the operation to the OpenWRT system OR Linux OR DTB Q17 android tv box = Tanix TX11 android tv box = Q1 android tv box .... Works but ≠ X96Q android tv box AND ≠ Tanix TX1 android tv box .... It doesn't work current system firmware: Android 14 specs: - ARM Cortex-A53 - 32 bit - Mali-G31 - Allwinner H313 - arm,sun50iw9p1 4 GB RAM DDR3 32 GB HDD model = "sun50iw9"; compatible = "arm,sun50iw9p1";

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 3.4k views
  54. Hi all, i've been going this forum long enough to try and root a tv box that i buyed recently, but this one is HEAVILY locked up, like nothing i have seen before. My objective here is to access 'su' so i can have access to rooting/overclocking this thing for emulators, and after that adding a heatsink, active cooling, etc. I tried ADB over all USBs (4 in total) but nothing. then i tried to see if root was available through some leftover app or vulnerability, but nothing. Then i tried following the specs from this thread (pretty similar in design to my PCB) but my UART displays nothing. (I leave the images from my setup below), i tried switching the wires, i teste…

  55. Stock rom of this tv stick is so bad that it lags even with just watching youtube and it wrote it can play 4k. So I need armbian/any other linux distro for this tv stick.

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 3.8k views
  56. Started by vrvbarros,

    Hi everyone, how's it going? I'm new to the forum and I'm having trouble getting my Chinese T95 mini TV box to run Linux. I want to switch it to a basic server, but I'm having problems booting it from the SD card. I'm using the sunxi-fel mode method in Linux. I tested Armbian_23.8.1_Orangepipc_jammy_current_6.1.47_minimal.img and others like Armbian_23.8.1_Orangepipc_jammy_current_6.1.47.img. I used the .bin file generated on this forum. Boot it using the method `sudo sunxi-fel -v -p uboot u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin` in the terminal. TV BOX Model: T95mini | R69 - EMCP V2.0 - H3 Allwinner. The screenshots below show the screen freezing. I'm a total …

  57. Started by tvboxer,

    Im trying to flash armbian into the eMMC but its not detected, only the SD card. What should i do? Useful info: CPU/Chip/Idk: sun8iw7p1 PCB Model(?): H3 Q44 V4.0 Uname -a: Linux orangepipcplus 6.12.58-current-sunxi #1 SMP Thu Nov 13 20:34:41 UTC 2025 armv7l GNU/Linux dmesg | grep -i mmc [ 0.000000] Kernel command line: root=UUID=cf60c629-17b3-4fb8-91bb-24bd021f8c6b rootwait rootfstype=ext4 splash=verbose console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty1 hdmi.audio=EDID:0 disp.screen0_output_mode=1920x1080p60 consoleblank=0 loglevel=1 ubootpart=def8ba6d-01 ubootsource=mmc usb-storage.quirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u sunxi_ve_mem_reserve=…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  58. Started by sailorbg,

    Good day all, After compiling a build for my TV box and burn it to the SD boot process stuck to Begin: Mounting root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ... done. Begin: Running /scripts/local-premount ... Scanning for Btrfs filesystems Can someone help please solving the problem?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  59. Started by sailorbg,

    Hello comunity members, I've installed and run Armbian_community_25.11.0-trunk.437_Tanix-tx6_trixie_current_6.12.47_minimal Since my Tanix TX 6 is running pretty hot in my opinion I want to reduce the operating frequency. Please help me with some instructions how to do so, since I couldn't find any. Thank you in advance.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  60. Preexisting builds of Armbian won't run on my X96Q TV box because mine uses DDR3 instead of LPDDR3. U-Boot SPL 2024.01_armbian-2024.01-S866c-P4a40-H8869-Vad24-Bbf55-R448a (Nov 15 2025 - 02:36:36 +0000) This DRAM setup is currently not supported. How do I change the DRAM (and possibly other) configuration U-Boot is built with? I'll be quite frank: Quite annoyed by this whole process. The build process for both Armbian and U-Boot has exhausted my patience and I'm very much not in the mood for digging through (often hard to find) documentation. (Like why is there no standard for adding a board?) Here's the UART boot log of the device:x…

  61. Started by Lotfi Hedroug,

    Hi : My problem is this. After manually updating my TV BOX , the serial number X88PROB-H313-D4-V1.0 is printed on the motherboard. The WiFi number AW859A has stopped working. I've tried everything, including reinstalling the firmware using PhoenixCard or PhoenixSuite. I downloaded and updated the T95-H616-A27.img and T95-H616-A29.img files, as well as the X88-PRO-S-H616 file. The installation was successful, but the device only displays the HDMI boot screen. Is there a solution? I would like to restore my device to Android 10 or 12 firmware, if possible. Is there a way to restart it if it's corrupted?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.7k views
  62. Started by blackc,

    Hello! I have a T95MAX ver 3 board with H616 / AXP313 / 4Gb RAM. I've compiled an Armbian from Nick repo (https://github.com/NickAlilovic/build), branch v20251014 for Transpeed-8k618 with a little defconfig patch for TOC0 and DCDC3 voltage = 1.5V (extracted from Android native image DTB). CONFIG_AXP_DCDC3_VOLT=1500 CONFIG_SPL_IMAGE_TYPE_SUNXI_TOC0=y Image booting ok, but first UBoot stage found 4Gb and second stage found only 2Gb. Someone have any ideas for make 2nd stage and kernel detect full memory? U-Boot SPL 2025.04-armbian-2025.04-S3482-Pfbbd-H8869-V9b5f-Bb703-R448a-dirty (Nov 13 2025 - 13:20:15 +0000) DRAM:testing 32-bit width, …

  63. Started by sailorbg,

    Hello all, I have a/m model with 2GiB RAM / 16GiB eMMC- Wifi: XR819 (XRadio XR819). I've download and install a .img file Armbian_community_25.11.0-trunk.437_Tanix-tx6_trixie_current_6.12.47_minimal.img.xz I want to have a server version CLI, but I don't know where to find that. My problem is that the WIFI is not availible after the boot in ARMbian. Is there any solutions for make it availible? Thank you in advance.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  64. Started by NicoVT,

    Hi....I have an Allwinner H616 H96 Max Android Box Last Week, I found this box on a shelf and wanted to boot it but it was in a bootloop So I flashed the stock firmware H616Alwinner.img and it flashed but again wifi issue...Then I made a dumb decision and asked chatgpt and it said "T95 , TX6s all share the same SoC so flash One of their .img's" So I did It flashed but now no LED but stuck on T95 logo so I tried to flash the original H616Allwinner.img again..but now it says "Error - Download Boot 1 Failed" (Honestly I Don't know how it got Hard-Bricked But I think because of the T95 flash) Now I tried Sunxi-fel but Time out....Now it's totally Super-Bri…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.3k views
  65. So there is some conflicting naming between the name of the unit and the name on the board revision code. The name of the unit would suggest that it's a X96-Q clone, but the revision number suggests that it's a T95 mini. Like as seen in this video

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 3.7k views
  66. Hello, I have an Android M98-Y6 HDMI stick that reportedly has an Allwiner H313 processor with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage. When I opened the case, I identified the emcp memory module KMQNW000SM-B316. I don't have access to console mode. I can only access adb commands as root.The RAM type DDR3 seems LPDDR3 ( version ??) I've tried different Armbian images without success. Unfortunately, Secure Boot is enabled. I read this post and test Armbian-20240716-unofficial_24.5.0-trunk_Transpeed-8k618-t_bookworm_edge_6.7.12_xfce_desktop_Secure_Boot.img.tar.xz from Nick, without success I have an Android image named M96-Y6.img. EDIT1…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4.2k views
  67. How do install armbian in my TX98 TV BOX Processor:Allwinner H313 I bought it on tiktok shop

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.5k views
  68. Started by AHMEDLORI,

    I have tried A lot of ROMs and they do not work. The device is not working now. Please help. Thank you.

  69. Started by snow,

    I have two of these cheap Chinese sticks and I was wondering if I could load a better OS onto them I think there's only a USB port

  70. Started by Piotr s,

    Aliexpress item: https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005006249858881.html Extracted dtb and dts files attached. It boots Warpme/miniarch image for X96 with LPDDR3 RAM https://github.com/warpme/miniarch/releases/download/f3b14fbae071/MiniArch-20240715-6.16.1-board-h313.x96_q_lpddr3-SD-Image.img.xz However internal Ethernet port is silent. It can work through USB->ETH adapter though. Any Idea on how to make Ethernet working? sun50.dtb sun50.dts

  71. I'm trying to install Armbian on the Tanix Tx1 Soc Allwinner H313 Mini TV Box, but this box doesn't have an SD card slot. How do I install Armbian on this box without an SD card?

  72. Hi everyone. What I would like to do is install Armbian on the X98H TV box. I tried many ways to do that, but I was not successful. If you know how to install Armbian on it, plz suggest to me Thanks

  73. (sorry for bad english) i'm looking to boot in an armbian bookworm by sicxnull on my mxq pro 4k 5g, i checked the aida64, it showed the allwinner h313, i tried the toothpick method to the recovery menu (which have a boot option?) i'm novice to android 😕 by the way here are the images of the tv box pcb:

  74. Hello, I have this TV box and it's difficult to find the firmware, only the logo appears on the screen and it freezes, I've already reset it and nothing, if anyone can help me, thank you very much. Here are photos of the board.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 27.1k views
  75. Does anyone know of a compatible image for the MXQ PRO 4K 5G TV Box with Allwinner H3, model Q44_V4.1_20210120? I've searched a lot and only found images compatible up to version V4.0. Since mine is V4.1, I haven't been able to get a successful boot from the SD card. If anyone has any tips, a working image, or experience with this specific model, I’d really appreciate the help!

  76. Started by fss-hacks,

    Hello, I have a T95 Super with H2+/H3 processor. I've been successful running Armbian in the past on it and even writing to eMMC but am looking for the most updated build I can to burn to the eMMC. I have H3droid running on it after a VERY long install process and many board reburns to fix it. I noticed H3droid has an "Armbian" option in it's rescue menu but there don't seem to be any instructions on how to install with the menu/use it. What is the best new build for this setup? Thank you!

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.7k views
  77. Hello, I have a MXQ Pro 5G 4K TV Box with Allwinner H616 and the motherboard IK316-EMCP_V4.1. I am looking for a server (CLI only) version of the Armbian image for this device. The previously shared Google Drive links in this topic are no longer working. Could someone please provide a new download link (Google Drive, MEGA, etc.) for the latest server image compatible with my device? If there are any specific instructions for booting or the correct DTB file, please let me know. Thank you very much! Best regards, Luska1331 BTW: I generated this message with the help of Copilot because I don't speak English very well.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
  78. I've got this Android TV stick: https://shopee.com.my/RUBY-Smart-TV-24-Inch-Android-TV-Murah-TV-32-Inch-WiFi-4K-HDR-LED-Television-WiFi-Youtube-Netfli-i.1246310125.27851733843 Tried to run a progressive web app (PWA) and just learned that PWA is not supported by Android TV OS. I've found that since it's just a SBC, I can install any other OS on it and stumbled upon Armbian. Since I'm new, I would like to know what images is supported with this board and any related guides to install it. This board has 1 full HDMI port, 1 USB type A port for data, and 1 USB type C port for power only (this is just my assumption). No SD card slot. I just …

  79. Started by Allan Batista,

    Good afternoon. I need a little help here. I managed to compile a working version for this board. However, it does not recognize the internal disk, which in this case is a nand. I used this repo: https://github.com/sicXnull/armbian-build.git Branch: X96Q-5.1-DDR3 Could someone help me?

  80. EDIT: Actually, armbian can't be installed with PhoenixSuit, I didn't know :/ I've already tried several images, 5+, but this error keeping appearing. Also, I would like a bookworm image for Allwinner H3Q44, if someone have one working good, please send it to me. UPDATE: This random img worked.

  81. Started by sasuke99,

    Hi everyone, I'm having trouble recovering my Android TV box T95 Max with the following specs: CPU: Allwinner H616 RAM: 4GB ROM: 32GB Board: AXP313A V3.0 The box was freezing after boot, so I tried to reflash the firmware using PhoenixCard / suit. What I’ve Tried So Far: Downloaded and flashed T95-H616-A27.img & T95-H616-A29.img through FEL mode and Flashing completed successfully but the box only shows a black screen on both HDMI and the small front panel screen. Tried other firmware images labeled for T95 Max H616 AXP313A Tried re-burning the SD using different cards and readers I found a workin…

  82. I have device X10 Plus TV BOX 4/32 same smae Rtv 10x 4/32 How to get file image or build for device It run Allwinner H6 Link product I find fourm but cannot get the file

  83. Started by jwillb00,

    Hi everyone, I'm recently obtained a TV box from a local store (seems like they sell Amazon returns or something, but they just have a bunch of random stuff). After installing AIDA64, I learned that it's running an Allwinner H616 CPU and has 4GB of RAM. It is able to boot warpme's MiniArch build for the Tanix TX6S, and I extracted the DTB from the Android build on the eMMC. My question is, where do I go from here? I'd like to build a custom Armbian image to support my device. When I try booting the Armbian image for the Orange Pi Zero 2, it gives an error over my serial monitor about a bad DRAM configuration which I expected since apparently these boxes have DRAM chi…

  84. I have installed Armbian 23 Linux on my TX6 ATV box. I downloaded the image from the SMLinux repo. It was a kernel 6 build with Armbian 23 Jammy version. I added the Oibaf PPA for the graphics driver, then I installed Ubuntu Desktop. Luckily, I got graphics acceleration with the GNOME desktop, but it was laggy ui. I confirmed graphics acceleration using the glxinfo command and also tried glxgears. It was working pretty smoothly, like 60 FPS, same as my monitor refresh rate. Well, everything was great, but then when I tried to use Firefox and watch YouTube, it was so choppy and laggy. YouTube UI took 2 minutes to load. …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.2k views
  85. * Manufacturer: Allwinner * Model: TV BOX * Brand: Allwinner * Board: exdroid (H3Q44_V4.0_20200602) * Device: dolphin-fvd-p1 * Hardware: sun8iw7p1 * Platform: dolphin * Product: dolphin_fvd_p1 * Serial number: 95e0783000d314000085 * Total Memory: 4096 MB * Available Memory: 441 MB * Internal Storage - Total Space: 4665 MB * Internal Storage - Free Space: 3174 MB * Bluetooth Version: 4+ Hi everyone, I could really use some help with a project that's getting quite frustrating. I'm a beginner with Linux and embedded systems (actually just starting to learn programming now), and for the past two weeks or so, I've been trying to …

  86. Hello I having an issue to run armbian on tv box x96q with h313 board version is 5.1. I found sicXnull guide and made img using standart ./compile.sh. Choosing minimal server, no kernel mods and x96q board. Flash it to sd via balena etcher. Plug in sd without power, holding reset for 5, 10 and 15 sec while plug in power. Nothing happening on the screen or with box itself Then after some research i found this image from same guy but its decktop ver and its worked just fine. https://github.com/sicXnull/armbian-build/releases name Armbian-unofficial_24.11.0-trunk_X96q-v5-1_bookworm_current_6.6.44_mate_desktop.img.xz I spot some…

  87. Started by poulpor,

    Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem with a Sunwell Q+ H6 android box 3Gb/32Gb (similar to Quadra), for example: the previous Armbian v6.6.60 Cinnamon Mesa/VPU boots fine from the SD Card (graphics are glitchy in menus but it's another matter): https://k-space.ee.armbian.com/archive/inovato-quadra/archive/Armbian_24.11.1_Inovato-quadra_bookworm_current_6.6.60_cinnamon-backported-mesa_desktop.img.xz But not the latest v6.6.75 cinnamon Mesa/VPU image, when I boot with this image on an SD card, the machine ignores it and boot on the integrated emmc OS.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
  88. Hi all. Bought this one recently Android 14 TV Box but the firmware is buggy. Can't open Chrome (crashes after 2 sec tops), can't install or update various apps, playstore and google are outdated (cannot update) and cannot customize home screen plus some other stuff. Tried to find the company that made this so I can download updated firmware or a custom one but no luck. Can anyone help out identify this or point me to a thread or website that has firmware for this box? I think I need to install new one or maybe reset. Tried using a firmware I found via a specific "rise from the ashes" app but it never starts (possibly incompatible rom). Thanks in advance for the…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.2k views
  89. Can I enable wifi (SV6256P) in H616 DDR3 Tv box https://github.com/paolosabatino/ssv6x5x/tree/master or build from old kernel 4.4.x

  90. Started by Nello,

    hello everyone, i am the owner of a tvbox "bqell b1 max" with cpu " CPU : allwinner h616 64bit quadcore" RAM : 4 gb ram ROM 64 gb rom i would like to install amrbian but i don't know which image to use . could you give me a hand?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  91. Looking to try out the capabilties of those TV Boxes with linux. Wonder if any of those two boards would work out. Seems theres no official support for either but it someone has got one of those working, some help would be much appreaciated. The one from above is h313-emcp_v1.0 and the bottom one is a h20_221_v1.6_230523.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
  92. Hello, I tried maybe 100 roms and I couldn't find a rom for this. Can you help me? I am attaching the pictures.The rom is loaded to the device via type-c. My first attempts were via the USB slot, then I realized that it established a connection by pressing type-c and the small reset button. https://imgur.com/a/AjGX6Fv

  93. Hi Can I install armbialn bookworm on x96qpro+ h728?

    • Reputation Points

    • 14 replies
    • 12.9k views
  94. Hi there, Forgive me but I am a novice in Armbian. What I would like to do is install armbian on the T95Max box I have purchased. I have attached a pic of the Box and it's specs. I have tried to "upgrade" using the SD method but couldn't make that recognise the SD card even with the original firmware "T95max-H618-A9.img" that I sourced using Google. I have also tried to get the T95 Max recognised via the USB method but the box wasn't even recognised using that method either. I used the "Universal_ADB_Driver_v6.0" drivers but that made no difference. If I could get the correct method sorted…

  95. i have an android tv box. model name: tx 10 pro. i want to install ARMbian on it. there is a reset button under the av port. it has 2 gb of ram and 4 gb of rom (though the internet says 8G ram and 128G rom, also the android ui too). i have enabled both usb debugging and oem unlocking from the android developer option menu. the tv box can go to recovery mode using adb command. until going to the recovery mode, the adb connects perfectly but whenever it goes into recovery mode, the adb cant connect to the tv box. it consists option for fastboot inside the recovery mode but whenever i try to apply any command (e.g. fastboot/adb) the tv box doesn…

  96. Apologies this isnt about Orange Pi Zero 2, but about a TV stick called Tronsmart Draco H3 which I have and am trying to repurpose into a light weight server with armbian. It obviously isnt well known, but I have tried a few H3 based builds, all of them boot fine, but I cant seem to get Wifi running. I tried Orange Pi PC and Orange Pi but they dont have Wifi at all I believe, so it didnt ask to setup wifi. I tried Orange Pi Zero 2+H3, but for some odd reason my keyboard didnt work on it, so I couldnt setup the users to be able to get further. I tried Nano Pi R1, but that didnt have HDMI, so my hdmi didnt work and I had no idea how to view the output …

    • Reputation Points

    • 13 replies
    • 4.8k views
  97. Is there a tutorial that someone could share with me?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.8k views
  98. Started by Doo Nguyen,

    I have one X96Q pro box with H313 chipset and 2 GB of ram i had found some topics that for X96Q but their board show as v 1.3 i had tried all miniarch rom for x96 h313 at https://github.com/warpme/miniarch or armbian rom for h313 at https://forum.armbian.com/topic/43682-armbian-for-h313-x96-q-lpddr3-tv-box/ i had flash rom into sdcard with win32diskimager insert sdcard into box, hold av reset button and plug the power cable but all rom i had tried make my hdmi screen splash 1 time and the screen show no signal, the blue led of the box go off and nothing happen here my box board image : If every one known how to do with my board please …

  99. Started by yi li,

    T95zPlus-h618 eth ---ok usb0&1 ---ok wifi&bt ---ok 3.5mm headphone ---ok hdmi&hdmi codec ---ok ir ---ok https://github.com/LYU4662/t95zplus-h618-build.git

  100. Started by Chiya,

    Hello I want to change the original logo of Android Tv box IK316Q-EMCP_v4.1 and use our company logo. Therefore, I need the firmware editor. Who can help me? Best regards

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 11.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.