Pine RockPro64
| Download Armbian OS images: | Provide logs: |
| Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu. |
Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.
|
110 topics in this forum
-
I have recently accepted the 23.11.1 armbain kernel release on my RockPro 64 The update has not rebuilt or updated the uIntrd for the 6.1.63 kernel. Note that the /boot/uInitrd symlink still points to the old uInitrd version but the other two symlinks have updated. root@jupiter:~# ls -l /boot/dtb /boot/Image /boot/uInitrd lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29 Dec 2 20:38 /boot/dtb -> dtb-6.1.63-current-rockchip64 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 33 Dec 2 20:38 /boot/Image -> vmlinuz-6.1.63-current-rockchip64 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 33 Nov 30 18:04 /boot/uInitrd -> uInitrd-6.1.50-current-rockchip64 root@jupiter:~# ls -l /boot/uInitrd* lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
THE MEDIA SCRIPT IS DEPRECATED, IN FAVOR OF THE LEGACY MULTIMEDIA INTEGRATION. PLEASE REFER TO THIS TOPIC: So finally we have the first version of: The UN-official, UN-supported, etc... RK3399 MEDIA TESTING SCRIPT This is the first release of the RK3399 media testing script. The script provides a functionality similar to its RK3288 equivalent: Installing all the libraries and system configurations necessary for GPU accelerated X desktop, Chromium WebGL, full VPU video play acceleration up to 4k@60 10-bit HEVC (the maximum supported by the SoC), and GLES 3.2 / OpenCL 1.2 support. Three video players supporting full VPU accel…
-
Reputation Points
- 118 replies
- 134.1k views
- 13 followers
-
-
Hi, I have two rockpro64 boards. One board runs Debian buster with a slightly extended ayufan 5.4.0-rc1 kernel where as the other runs a Armbian (Debian) buster with the current project supplied 5.4.0-rc1 kernel. On the Debian on I have installed the nice ats solution (https://github.com/tuxd3v/ats#install) On the Armbian one the fan is running all the time. I tried to install ats there as well but I failed. Also I found that basically the /sys/devices/platform/pwm-fan/hwmon is not there, only upto pwm-fan I have. Is there some module I need to load or compile into the kernel to get ats working on the Armbian base…
-
Reputation Points
- 79 replies
- 49.6k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Is it just me .... all the time I start to use the Armbian web browser ...including simply loading this forum the whole RockPro64 OS locks up and I have to reset,. Typically its when I load Media web sites like the BBC ,.... but it even occurs when I load this forum!! I am trying to develop some C GPIO library to help the rockPro64 community, but its hopeless. I have to work on console and web brows on a laptop. I have ordered a KVM to help but this is really frustrating. Because the HW locks up I can not detect any issues in the logs and I don't know how to set up a HW trace in the graphics drivers. I have eliminated any Pow…
-
Reputation Points
- 82 replies
- 38.5k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hi, i would like to know if there will be armbian stretch for rock64pro. I tried images on official website, but there are all with alot of buggs + they have everything messed up with user. I need that clean new image for emmc card. I would start from basic debian stretch image, but i couldnt make it work with etcher. p.s. sorry for my bad English, this is not my native language Best regards, Bekim
-
Reputation Points
- 55 replies
- 36.3k views
- 5 followers
-
-
I need one more component working. 3D and OpenCL. Has anyone successfully installed Panfrost on a RK3399 board ? Update! I manged to build the Panfrost X11 driver. Here's how I did it: https://panfrost.freedesktop.org/building-panfrost-mesa.html Before you create the build directory update the meson_options.txt file change platforms from auto to x11 change dri_driver from auto to swrast change gallium-drivers to panfrost cd to the build directory meson .. . -Ddri-drivers= -Dvulkan-drivers= -Dgallium-drivers=panfrost -Dlibunwind=false --prefix=/{wherever you want} ninja install …
-
Reputation Points
- 28 replies
- 28.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, I am looking at investing in a RockPro64 NAS setup using the Pine64 Desktop casing and other necessary accessories. I'm hoping to run OpenMediaVault on it and have 2 3.5" HDDs attached. The entire setup would be configured to be a backup of my operational NAS (Helios4) in a different location (i.e. different room of the house). My reading of the forum and the armbian download section has me a bit confused. The download section indicates that the board is supported, but the forum indicates it's a WIP. Just trying to understand the status/stability of the board for what I'm planning on using it for and whether it would be a good investment o…
-
Reputation Points
- 37 replies
- 27.4k views
- 4 followers
-
-
As a warning: I have a RockPro64 that was initial setup using the Armbian 20.02.1 buster desktop image (using the 5.4.20 kernel). Over the past few months, I have accepted each minor release of Armbian up to the 20.05.7 release with a 5.4.49 kernel Yesterday, I installed the 20.08 upgrade with 5.7.15 kernel, and the board failed to boot. I have only just got it working again. (I had to restore the kernel and supporting files from a recent backup, and restore symlinks in /boot). I don't know the root cause. I have ordered a second MicroSD card so that I can try booting from a fresh 20.08 image, and I will report back on what happens. In …
-
Reputation Points
- 48 replies
- 25.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
After last apt upgrade (v21.05.4), lightdm on a RockPro64 does not start anymore. rockpro64:~:# systemctl status lightdm.service ● lightdm.service - Light Display Manager Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/lightdm.service; indirect; vendor preset: enabled) Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2021-06-20 16:13:01 CEST; 21min ago Docs: manlightdm(1) Process: 1877 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c [ "$(basename $(cat /etc/X11/default-display-manager 2>/dev/null))" = "lightdm" ] (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) Process: 1880 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/lightdm (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE) Main PID: 1880 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE) Ju…
-
Hello, I own a RockPro64 and I'm using Armbian Legacy Buster 4.4.213-rockchip64. Everything mostly works, although I've had a pretty annoying issue. Reboot just doesn't work. Every time I do a 'sudo reboot' (or any equivalent for that matter, as for example 'sudo shutdown -r now') it doesn't work. Although it apparently reboots, the TV monitor to which my box it's connected via HDMI lose connection and all, nothing actually happens. Both the red and the white leds of the RP64 turn on and keep on all time (instead of just one of them blinking, as expected) and then it will work only if I poweroff and on again, either by unplugging the power cable or…
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 11k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, I got my RockPro64 board several days ago, and got *UPSTREAM* kernel (v5.1-rc5) and uboot (v2019.04) running on it using Archlinux ARM. (Sorry guys, I like upstream and Alarm more) The pull request for uboot-rockpro64 can be found here: https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUILDs/pull/1691 The upstream kernel is in the official core repor of Archlinuxarm (and that's why I like Alarm so much). It boots and runs mostly OK on full upstream kernel/u-boot setup. On rc-kernel it even has HDMI output working, but no hardware acceleration. I'm waiting panfrost as the open-source driver, so far it doesn't matter much as I don't …
-
Reputation Points
- 21 replies
- 10.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have had some issues trying to boot from eMMC with the last version of Armbian (kernel v5.4) while it's working perfectly on Armbian with a v4.4 kernel. Images not working: https://dl.armbian.com/rockpro64/archive/Armbian_20.05.2_Rockpro64_bionic_current_5.4.43.img.xz https://dl.armbian.com/rockpro64/archive/Armbian_20.05.4_Rockpro64_focal_current_5.4.46.img.xz Working image: https://dl.armbian.com/_old/rockpro64/archive/Armbian_5.98_Rockpro64_Debian_buster_default_4.4.192.7z I though I messed up with the SPI or the eMMC card but after trying all I could, it finally worked using an old version of Armbian…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 10.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
On several RockPro64 boards I experience infrequent freezes, mostly directly on boot, but also after some longer (hours, days) uptime. I use the official power adapter and no additional hardware except a PCIe adapter for an SSD, which works flawlessly when operational. When looking at the kern.log, there are quite a few errors and warnings, but comparing to a successful boot these are all also present. So I don't think they cause the freeze directly. Currently, I recorded the freeze on the latest Armbian Bionic as release just recently. FWIW, I think the same issue also occurs on the previous Debian Stretch image (had various freezes, but have not …
-
Reputation Points
- 16 replies
- 10.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Anybody else seen this ? Just upgraded and after a reboot Armbian wont boot into desktop. Xorg Looks good with no errors and I can see the kernel boot screen and log in via ssh. If I disconnect and reconnect the HDMI I get the following ... but nothing appears on the monitor [ 1733.805014] rockchip-vop ff900000.vop: [drm:vop_crtc_enable] Update mode to 1920x1080p60, type: 11 The screen remains on as it can detect the graphics display .... its just blank what display manager does Armbian use ?
-
Reputation Points
- 19 replies
- 10.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, Thank you ahead of time!! I realize there is not an armbian disro for the roc 3328 renegade. It does seem that you all can help with my issue though. I recently patched and compiled a kernel to run real time with the rt preempt. The issue I'm running into is this thing doesn't use grub , so I can't choose the kernel at boot up like a x86 and it doesn't have a config file like a rspi. Is there a way around this ? I'm way out of my comfort zone here. According to what I have read, I need to copy the vmlinuzrt18 to the area where the present kernel is being called now. I admitting find the whole u boot thing confusing. Can anyone help me out? Th…
-
Reputation Points
- 23 replies
- 10k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. I wanted preempt-rt kernel for my armbian rockpro64 so i have compiled and generated preempt-rt 4.4.167 deb kernel package. I have installed my custom kernel deb package but after reboot the system boot in old kernel not the custom kernel. How i can set the system to boot from custom installed kernel ?(4.4.167-rt176 is my custom kernel) $ ls -a /boot . boot.cmd dtb-4.4.174-rockchip64 System.map-4.4.174-rockchip64 .. boot-desktop.png Image uInitrd armbianEnv.txt boot.scr initrd.img-4.4.167-rt176…
-
I followed a guide to install a system on my Rockpro64 but something happened where I had to reinstall it. However, when I reflashed the ubuntu server image and tried re-installing the system it got an error pertaining to one of my disk volumes. So I'm wondering how to re-format and remount and redo the LVM volume my SSD. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!
-
I've got jammy running but I have a dsi display for the board and I'd like that to work (well the tp port too) with jammy. Looking at armbian config I see no setting for it. I know the display works fine as if I load an aryufan android image it works as it is set to use DSI by default. Does this kernel know about the DSI port? Do I have to build a custom kernel? If not then what boot env line will get it going?
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 8.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Does anyone have interest in this project? It looks quite promising! https://github.com/andreiw/rk3399-edk2/
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 8.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
This is a last-ditch effort to figure out how we can continue to build our project on top of Armbian. Goal We are building an appliance on the RockPro64 board, with eMMC and an PCIe SSD attached, using a custom-built Armbian Ubuntu 18.04 image with extensive post-configuration (packages, appliacations, overlayroot...) within the boot process. The image is then processed by Mender to create a true dual-root filesystem over-the-air update system with fallback (we invested a lot of resources to extend Mender for Armbian and RockPro64). This build process works perfectly and is exactly what we need. Issue The reliability, however, is bad. In …
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 7.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi! I just booted Armbian_20.08_Rockpro64_focal_current_5.7.15.img via sdcard , but HDMI output seems to stop after "Starting Kernel". Just after that I see some yellow/black vertical lines on my monitor and then the screen goes black, no more HDMI input on the monitor. Logging into Armbian on the RockPRO then works fine via ssh, can do the setup, update etc. So it looks like a problem with HDMI output? Anyone ideas how to solve this? Would like to have console terminal access via HDMI as last resort Thanks in advance! p.s. Just tried the Armbian_20.08_Rockpro64_focal_current_5.7.15_desktop which seems to have t…
-
We talk about test of different parts. It was orginal one topic but split. The other is https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12936-how-to-control-fan-on-rockpro64 @deathisunknown Which kernel are you using? 5.3.xxx? Until this week end, I was using Ayufan's kernel in order to have ats working (I have the nas box with a harddrive so I want to have some ventilation). I've switched to Armbian's current kernel (5.3.xxx, I don't remember the exact subversion) and noticed that the fan would not spin. Then I tried Armbian's dev kernel (5.4.0-rc1) and my fan works fine. I stumbled upon this thread in the mean time, but since as I remember the lates…
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 7.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, I tried the 20.11.3 version of Armbian, I have manually updated the SPI with U-boot using armbian-config (after an apt update && apt upgrade), but it doesn't start from a PCIe NVME SSD :-/ Is there something that I have missed? Any idea is more than welcome ! Here is my serial - USB console output: Spoiler $ picocom -b 1500000 -r -l /dev/tty.usbserial-144310 picocom v3.1 port is : /dev/tty.usbserial-144310 flowcontrol : none baudrate is : 1500000 parity is : none databits are : 8 stopbits are : 1 …
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 7.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, using the image provided at https://www.armbian.com/rockpro64/ the board works when booted via uSD card but not via MMC. There appears to be no device mode USB drivers installed. I pulled the kernel sources with `armbian-config` and compiled them myself making sure to select dual-mode support for the DWC2 and DWC3 drivers. The kernel boots after install, but I still see nothing in /sys/class/udc and am unable to see any dwc2/3 drivers (save dwc2_pci and some dwc3 i3c drivers). I'm able to load libcomposite, the configfs driver, but that does not pull in a USB device mode driver. I'm unable to attach armbian monitor status right now but will update my po…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 7.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
See https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8685 Using his SPI flash image, and then using armbian-config flash from SPi/system on NVME option worked. I had commented out the set the uboot partition section to what is started booting from lines in boot cmd to do the initial testing. I have been booting mainline for a while on this device. It boots much faster, and two or three weeks agoTobias Schramms atf patch made into mainline atf so the device no longer hangs on a soft reboot. I have booted from sd, emmc and the NVME with this u-boot. I haven't tried usb3 or usb2.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 6.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello! I'm trying to get Armbian jammy latest to boot on my new RockPro64. I've tried both the CLI and XFCE images, flashed with Balena to a good SanDisk uSD card. Both boot into U-Boot but then fail to find a partition on mmc 1. Checking the SD card there's only 1 Linux partition and no FAT one. I tested with a Debian image on the same SD card (DOS + Linux Partition) and it booted into the installer no problem. Any ideas? Thanks! (Also asked on Pine 64 Forums, I will update/close this if they resolve it or vice/versa.)
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 6.7k views
-
-
Hi, I am using rockpro64 "https://www.pine64.org/?product=rockpro64-4gb-single-board-computer" that uses Rockchip RK3399 Hexa-Core (dual ARM Cortex A72 and quad ARM Cortex A53) 64-Bit Processor. My simple application is to have a UART communication. When i run serial write with 1500000 Baudrate, then it works fine. But if i lower the baudrate such as 115200, then it throws garbage value. So can i get some suggestions here? Thanks.
-
Has anybody seen this message at boot: [ 5.352826] CPU4: failed to come online [ 5.352835] CPU4: failed in unknown state : 0x0 [ 10.481328] CPU5: failed to come online [ 10.481336] CPU5: failed in unknown state : 0x0 Then, the A72 cores don't show up (unsurprisingly since these are the two cores that somehow did not come online). On top of that, the kernel throws a backtrace (related to sound if I understand correctly): ------------[ cut here ]------------ [ 13.014782] WARNING: CPU: 3 PID: 1 at kernel/irq/manage.c:1990 request_threaded_irq+0x144/0x180 [ 13.014784] Modules linked in: [ 13.014793] CPU: 3 PID: 1 Comm: swapper…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 6.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I read everything I could possibly find on the DP-Alt mode for the RockPro64 and came to the conclusion that no Distro is offering that right now. However, the Pinebook Pro seems to have support via a Kernel Patch. Can the Pinebook Pro Kernel be installed on the RockPro64? Is there a repository for Armbian Kernels? Thanks very much.
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 6.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi there! I am trying to set up communication between an Attiny85 and my RockPro64 over UART (running Armbian, kernel `Linux rockpro64 5.8.1-rockchip64 #20.08 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 17 08:17:08 CEST 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux`). The issue is that I can't connect to the serial port: rock64@rockpro64:~$ sudo picocom -b 115200 /dev/ttyS4 picocom v3.1 port is : /dev/ttyS4 flowcontrol : none baudrate is : 115200 parity is : none databits are : 8 stopbits are : 1 escape is : C-a local echo is : no noinit is : no noreset is : no hangup is : no nolock is : no send_cmd is : sz -vv receive_cmd is : rz -vv -E imap is …
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, Armbian 22.02 images doesn't boot on rockpro64. I have tried: Armbian 22.02 Bullseye Armbian 22.02 Jammy XFCE It doesn't boot (not blinking white led). Previous builds works correctly: Armbian_21.08.1_Rockpro64_bullseye_current_5.10.60
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi! I've had for quite a while the following error messages at startup: [ 39.095667] zswap: default zpool zbud not available [ 39.095670] zswap: pool creation failed This has happened with various 5.0, 5.1, 5.2 and now 5.3 kernels. Any idea what I should do to fix it? Mathias
-
Get this error when trying to install rtl8812au-dkms on a armbian ubuntu 18.04 desktop for rockpro64. Then when searching in aptitude for kernel-headers-4.4.166 then they are not available. It is also impossible to compile because of the missing kernels headers.
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 6.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I prepared (last weekend? - don't remember anymore) a first step towards a merge of rk3399 (currently nanopi boards) with rockchip64 (more or less all the rest) so that both can be covered fully under one boardfamily (rockchip64). Patches are adjusted and dts support for nanopis in ayufans kernel is done as well. https://github.com/chwe17/build/tree/rk3399merge I would happily give it into 'someone others' hands cause time in the next month might be really rare. Basically it needs testing on the boards which got newly merged into rockchip64 (don't own any nanopi *4 board so I can't test it). And probably a small helper script to adjust …
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 6.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I am using rockpro64 board (based on rk3399 chip). OS- ubuntu18.04 linux. I am building a project that requires Vulkan support for gpu acceleration. Can someone please suggest how can i get vulkan driver for rk3399? Thanks.
-
rockpro64 board can't boot up if usb hdd is attached, if I pull out the usb it boot up correctly (Armbianmonitor log attached). With previous firmware (6.6.36) works correctly. Please help.
-
Hi all, I am a newbie here. Is there a way to install ZFS on RockPro64 RK3399 with the latest Armbian release (doesn't matter if it is bionic, buster or focal)?
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, Has anyone tried compiling zfs? According to google it should work out of the box? However, when I try to install, zfs dkms is saying that the module will not be compiled due to missing kernel headers. Fine, but where are the headers? I'm using a fresh install from https://www.armbian.com/rockpro64/ armbian-config - Software - headers_install does nothing, installing linux-headers-current-rockchip64 installs 22.05.4, not 22.08.1 that I have, and "compiling headers", whatever that might be, fails how do I get a matching kernel and headers, any version? root@rockpro64:~# dpkg -l | fgrep rockchip i…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.2k views
-
-
Hey All, I am running a rockpro64 and updated my kernel to 5.7 (linux-image-current-rockchip64 package), but I am not able to run ZFS any longer because ZFS/0.8.4 does not support 5.7 kernel and ZFS/2.0.0rc1 dkms gives me a build failure with linux-image-current-rockchip64 v20.08 (symbol "__stack_chk_guard" is undefined). I was able to build ZFS/2.0.0rc1 with linux-image-current-rockchip64=20.05.7. I am not able to downgrade my kernel because the apt-cache only shows the latest version of linux-image-current-rockchip64 available. Any suggestions on where I can get the old linux-image-current-rockchip64 package (v20.05.7)? Thanks in advance guys, lo…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.2k views
-
-
U need ixgbe to run my Intel X550T 10G Ethernet NIC. That module seems to be a part of linux-modules-$(uname -r) package. My kernel version is 5.10.60-rockchip64. However, I do not have linux-modules-5.10.60-rockchip64 available via apt. # apt install linux-modules-$(uname -r) Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done E: Unable to locate package linux-modules-5.10.60-rockchip64 E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'linux-modules-5.10.60-rockchip64' I have apt downloaded linux-modules of some greater kernel release to make sure it provides ixgbe.ko. It does: # apt install --download-…
-
Hi there, I have a very strange issue: kernel 5.4.14-rockchip64 debian_version 10.3 Armbian 20.02.0-rc1 stable cable is OK - checked eth0 in /etc/network/interfaces.d/eth0 set to dhcp ---- unfortunately the rockpro64 gave up with an hardware ram issue The unit was replaced and luckily I have an image: March 3, 2020 which was OK and fully functional. Today I threw it on the SD-Card and I do not have a NIC at all. A.m. Data drawn from the OS hwinfo issues RTL8211F irq:0 27 "eth0" lshw network:0 eth0 id9 with MAC network:1 DISABLED dummy0 ip a d…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 5k views
-
-
Hi all, I got a libre rk3327 board, and i'm tyring to test my crypto and i'm not getting anywhere near the results you guys are getting here Is there something special i need to do to enable the hardware crypto? Linux renegade 4.4.138-rk3328 #3 SMP Sun Jul 1 20:15:37 UTC 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux OpenSSL 1.1.0f 25 May 2017 built on: reproducible build, date unspecified options:bn(64,64) rc4(char) des(int) aes(partial) blowfish(ptr) compiler: gcc -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -DNDEBUG -DOPENSSL_THREADS -DOPENSSL_NO_STATIC_ENGINE -DOPENSSL_PIC -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT -DSHA1_ASM -DSHA256_ASM -DSHA512_ASM -DVPAES_ASM -DECP_NISTZ256_ASM -DPOLY1305…
-
I was trying to enable i2c on my RockPro64, and when looking at the documentation in the overlay directory, it states this: rockchip (Rockchip) ### Provided overlays: - i2c7, i2c8, pcie-gen2, spi-spidev, uart4, w1-gpio ### Overlay details: ### i2c7 Activates TWI/I2C bus 7 I2C7 pins (SCL, SDA): GPIO2-B0, GPIO2-A7 GPIO1-C5, GPIO1-C4 ### i2c8 Activates TWI/I2C bus 8 I2C8 pins (SCL, SDA): GPIO1-C5, GPIO1-C4 Note that the "GPIO1-C5, GPIO1-C4" from i2c8 is accidentally included on the i2c7 pins line. I would submit a PR for this change, but ... I'm not sure where this document actually lives, and it's not easy to figure out. …
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, compiling Kernel 5.4.40 (setting in lib.config with KERNELBRANCH=tag:'5.4.40') under Vagrand with RT-Patch "patch-5.4.40-rt24.patch" putting in " ~/build/userpatches/kernel/rockchip64-current/ "for RockPro64 fails. ........ [ o.k. ] * [l][c] general-rt5651-add-mclk.patch [ o.k. ] * [l][c] mp8859-kbuild-makefile.patch [ o.k. ] * [c] patch-5.4.40-rt24.patch [ o.k. ] * [l][c] rk3328-add-dmc-driver.patch [ o.k. ] * [l][c] rk3328-audio-and-renegade-supplies.patch [ o.k. ] * [l][c] rk3328-clean-up-codec-gpio-SD.patch [ o.k. ] * [l][c] rk3328-fix-wrong-mmc-shift.patch [ o.k. ] * [l][c] rk3399-add-sclk-i2sout-src-clock.patch [ o.k. …
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello i hope you all have a nice day At first i need to thank you for all the work you done. I'm runnig my ROCKPro64 no for a while now Today i wanted to try wifi and bt but it looks we dont have any drivers for the module AMPAK AP6256 Combo Module and made specifically for the ROCKPro64 Debian 10 headless 20.08.0-trunk Can someone help me to reach the goal to use my wifi ?
-
My application creates 15 threads. Since A53 has 4 cores it is likely that more threads will be spawned by A53. Is there a way to manipulate scheduling and create more threads through cortex A72 so that it compensates the delay. Examples 6 threads on A72 and 9 threads on A53. This way it ensures the run time does not fluctuate and we achieve peak performance.
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I'm using a RockPro64 boards inside one of my projects and I just noticed an issue related to the reset process. When pushing the reset button, the boards hangs in a reset loop. Using the oscilloscope, I found that the reset signal (OTP_OUT_H) is toggled every 330ms by the CPU and the only way to get it back to work is to power off the board, wait a few seconds, and power it back. The same issue is found if, after a working boot, a quick power cycle is performed. I tried disconnecting everything from the board but still, when pushing the reset button, the boards hangs in a loop condition (as if it’s constantly crashing at boot). …
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.7k views
-
-
Hi! On the Rockpro64, with the latest Amrbian dev kernel (5.4.0-rc1-rockchip64 updated on 19th of January), the sata hard drive connected to PCIe through the pine store adapter does not go to sleep anymore. It is properly set with hdparm and a udev rule, it used to work fine with the dev kernel before the 19th of January update. Now, if I issue a sleep commd (hdpram -y /dev/sda) it goes to sleep properly but not by itself after the 5 minutes inactivity I have set up. Mathias
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everybody, I have a problem with this version: Armbian_20.05.2_Rockpro64_buster_legacy_4.4.213.img I don't see my disk that is plugged on the PCIe To SATA Marvell 88SE9230 in the system. I've create the file /etc/udev/rules.d/99-marvell.rules with the following line on it: ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="pci", ATTR{vendor}=="0x1b4b", ATTR{device}=="0x9230", RUN+="/bin/bash -c 'echo %k > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ahci/bind'" If I do the same thing with this version: Armbian_20.05.4_Rockpro64_focal_current_5.4.46.img, I see my disk after creating the file. But, there's two problem with this version: first the fan always running and, m…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi I installed a nvme SSD to my rockpro64 (with a generic PCIe adapter card). Somehow it only uses a x1 link instead of x4. I also observed the same behaviour with a x2 SATA card (only x1 link established). Output of lspci: LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s (downgraded), Width x1 (downgraded) To rule out hardware issues, I also tried the same setup with Manjaro-ARM which correctly negotiates a x4 link. LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s (downgraded), Width x4 dmesg for Armbian [ 2.221206] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: host bridge /pcie@f8000000 ranges: [ 2.221296] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: MEM 0x00fa000000..0x00fbdfffff -> 0x00…
-
Dear all, I'm running latest Armbian Bionic on Pine64 RockPro64, trying to connect a Midi Keyboard device (having several of them for testing), but it is not recognized by ALSA. If I run acconnect -l After connecting the keyboard, it's not listed (same behavior with different keyboards). Does anyone possibly knows what module might be missing in the kernel? Thanks..
-
Basically, I'm trying to get iptables to block per country: https://daenney.github.io/2017/01/07/geoip-filtering-iptables.html I got most of things work until getting problem on installing xtables-addons-dmks # apt-get install --reinstall xtables-addons-dkms ------------------------------ Deleting module version: 2.12 completely from the DKMS tree. ------------------------------ Done. Unpacking xtables-addons-dkms (2.12-0.1) over (2.12-0.1) ... Setting up xtables-addons-dkms (2.12-0.1) ... Loading new xtables-addons-2.12 DKMS files... Building for 4.4.174-rk3399 Building initial module for 4.4…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Saw this over on the LKML... some folks might be interested in this one... http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1901.0/02233.html Changes checked in against staging... staging: video: rockchip: video codec for vendor API staging: video: rockchip: fixup for upstream staging: video: rockchip: add video codec arm64: dts: rockchip: add video codec for rk3399
-
I just started RockPro64'ing (though been using Linux for about 25 years) and bought the low profile fan with the RockPro64. Armbian (downloaded today) installed fine, sees my NVME etc. so all good. The only issue I have is that once the OS starts up the fan comes on and never stops - it seems to be running 100% all the time. It the speed meant to vary? And is it meant to turn off sometimes when not required? I'm wondering if I am I missing a config file entry for this. Thanks for any assistance and well done on the distro.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I installed Armbian Hirsute xfce bleeding edge kernel 5.13.y on my RockPro64 4GB and updated it right after that. After restarting after the update, ethernet doesn't work anymore. (Wifi connecting icon is shown and no connection to ethernet) dsmesg says that the link is up. armbianmonitor: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/9Yz8SJVrzS/ apt/history.log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/GQbfZp3Xch/ For apt history only the last two operations seem relevant. I assume the previous ones are made by whoever/whatever created the image.
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I am running armbian buster Armbian_5.91_Rockpro64_Debian_buster_default_4.4.184_desktop.img. I need rt_preempt in order to run linuxcnc. I started with the 5.0.21.tar.gz kernel source from <https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v5.x/> and the rt_preempt patch 5.0.21-rt16.patch.gz from <https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v5.x/>. I applied the patch to the kernel source and compiled it on a 4gb RockPro64. It boots fine into a remote terminal using ssh but there is no display on my HDMI monitor. The white LED is showing but the red LED is not lit. I had an earlier version of linux-5.0-rt running on armbian stretch so …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
@SteeMan the thing is I have a RockPro64 and the only way to get DP alt-mode working on the USB-C port is on the 4.4 kernel which isn't supported by newer versions. Is there any backup repo for buster? Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4.2k views
-
-
Hi! On my RockPro64, I usually run Armbian with Ayufan's 5.1 kernel (it runs very well and after manually compiling the dtb file most of the error messages at startup are gone). I've tried a few days ago to run Armbian's dev kernel (5.0), and both the sdcard and my usb3 attached ssd could not be detected. The network was also missing. I have pasted the output of armbianmonitor -U here. Mathias
-
I have a Rockpro64 single board computer that I am trying to access remotely via an eMMC flashed Ubuntu iso image from here: https://www.armbian.com/rockpro64/, but keep getting the error message below. I was able to access the IP remotely from various laptops fine before by SSHing from the terminal, but after I failed at installing the program I wanted to install properly, I re-flashed the eMMC and have been getting this error ever since when accessing from other laptops (client-side) - I can SSH from the server-side fine with no issue FWIW. @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ IT IS POSSIBL…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi all, I am wondering if there's any reason that CEC is not built into legacy kernel for RK3399. In https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/kernel/linux-rk3399-legacy.config, module dw-hdmi-cec is not enabled. # CONFIG_DRM_DW_HDMI_CEC is not set If no special reason, I can make a PR for this. Thank you!
-
Noob here, please excuse if I ask something obvious and feel free to just point me into the right direction. About a week ago, I was able to successfully build Armbian for RockPro64 in the standard Vagrant build environment, creating a bootable image using the compilation GUI without any special kernel configuration. I tried again yesterday, both with the GUI and the CLI command below, but the build process always fails: $ sudo ./compile.sh BOARD=rockpro64 PROGRESS_LOG_TO_FILE=yes KERNEL_ONLY=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=stretch BUILD_DESKTOP=no BRANCH=default ... CC [M] drivers/net/wireless/rockchip_wlan/rtl8723bu/core/rtw_mp_ioctl.o CC [M]…
-
5.1.0-1111-ayufan tag. Kernel crash when PCIE card is installed (thus pcie host root complex initialize). Will try previous tags soon, BTW, if anyone successfully run the "mainline" kernel with PCIE cards? [ 161.895780] io scheduler mq-deadline registered [ 161.897340] io scheduler kyber registered [ 161.911264] io scheduler bfq registered [ 162.136905] vcc5v0_host: supplied by vcc5v0_usb [ 162.740884] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: no vpcie12v regulator found [ 162.746764] rockchip-pcie f8000…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
I am able to boot and install with an sd card, but am unable to get through first boot with the image on an emmc card. The failure on the emmc card is between /scripts/local-premount and /scripts/local-block it fails with gave up waiting for root file system device ... alert! UUID=ed78b... does not exist. dropping to shell! and I am at a busybox shell in (intramfs) I was wondering if booting from the emmc card was expected to work, or if anyone could remember what needs to be tweaked for the kernel to find the root filesystem on the emmc card. Cheers
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
It seems that the HDMI output does not have any option beyond 1080P. Tried multiple monitors. The font size at uboot stage seems right but the resolution maxed out at 1080P after kernel starts. Tried Armbian 24.2.1 with 6.6.16. Could be related with this: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/rk3399-hdmi-output-for-resolutions-different-than-1080p/90644. but patches should be applied at Kernel 6.4: https://www.phoronix.com/news/Linux-6.4-imx25-Rockchip-4K Attached is the screenshot when connected with DELL 25inch monitor. Should have 2K option. diagnoses: https://paste.armbian.com/gaketoluye Thank you
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Hello, is booting SPI + NVME supported on RockPro64? If I use armbian-config and installing system SPI + NVME will not boot the system. When using SD (mmc) + NVME is OK. SPI + USB also OK. Thank you for your help.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Please, does the latest Armbian support setting the resolution on boot? I want to use this resolution in my SDL2 based app, so things like randr does not help me. Thank you very much.
-
Is it possible to load the A72 cortex with more computation work compared to A53 cortex? Specially during multithreading can i generate more cores on A72 cortex as it is significantly faster? While compiling there is a flag to select the appropriate cortex (-mtune=cortex-a72.cortex-a53) but it only generates appropriate cortex code. Any way to control these cortex based on the application?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Board is RockPro64, legacy kernel - 4.4.213-rockchip64. The issue is this: [ 1451.681339] ohci-platform fe3a0000.usb: frame counter not updating; disabled [ 1451.681972] ohci-platform fe3a0000.usb: HC died; cleaning up [ 1451.682516] usb 8-1: usbfs: usb_submit_urb returned -19 [ 1451.682569] usb 8-1: USB disconnect, device number 2 It happens only on the USB2.0 ports with different keyboards, mice, custom USB HID device, webcam. The other 2x USB 3.0 ports are working fine with the same devices. Tried fixes so far - turning usbcore.autosuspend option off, adding usbhid.quirks for every device. extraargs=usbcore.autosuspend=-1 usbhid.qu…
-
Only "chirps and chips" come through during extended playback. Only hdmisound device is affected, not analog. Duplicate of improperly "resolved" thread Armbian 22.02 Bullseye Kernel 5.15.25-rockchip64 Armbian 22.02 Bullseye Kernel 5.16.16-rockchip64 working in 5.10.60-rockchip64 steps to reproduce: aplay -D plughw:1,0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Right.wav dmesg | grep es83 [ 10.077582] es8316 1-0011: Failed to get IRQ 0: -22 card 0: Analog [Analog], device 0: ff890000.i2s-ES8316 HiFi ES8316 HiFi-0 [ff890000.i2s-ES8316 HiFi ES8316 HiFi-0] Subdevices: 0/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 1: hdm…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all experts, This is a serious issue for me as for one of the project i am using more than 20 numbers of rockpro64. I have installed them in my different locations of office. I have used two types of OS- *) LXDE-ubuntu-0.7.9-1067-arm64 *) bionic-containers-rockpro64-0.8.3-1141-arm64 Issue is- Whenever i flash these images to rockpro64, for some days autoboot works well such as if light goes and comes back then machines auto boot itself but after few days, auto boot does not happens with few machines and i have to press the "power button" to boot up. I thought with latest OS this issue will solve but same result with latest OS. …
-
Hello, I would like to know more informations about this test made with the Asus XG-C100C Network Adapter or, generally, how to optimize the speed from a 10GbE PCIe Network Adapter in the RockPro64. Which version to use of Armbian and how to get that version to have so good performances? Which version of the Adapter driver to use? Were the drivers included in the Kernel or did you use the Asus driver recompiled? I would be very grateful if you will help me. Thank you.
-
Hi all! Rockchip64 20.05.4 kernel images are missing from the PPA. There is only 20.05.3 in https://apt.armbian.com/pool/main/l/linux-5.4.45-rockchip64/ and no https://apt.armbian.com/pool/main/l/linux-5.4.46-rockchip64/ I am looking for the header package in particular to build zfs. Can you make those packages available, please? Best regards, kryps
-
I have a custom PCIe x4 lane card that I'm trying to integrate with a RockPro64 SBC. This custom card has been tested with many users on different platforms including a linux x86 system. When I try this card in a RK3399 system, I get a strange result when I view the assigned address space with the lspci command. It appears the address assigned is the exact value of the BAR address size for each BAR. If I change the BAR size the assigned address changes to that value. Below is a dmesg dump along with a lspci output for my device. Device is [ad00:001e]. Any guidance? dmesg: [ 2.395091] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: host bridge /pcie@f8000000 ranges: [ …
-
Hi, Greatings for the team. Currently i am using Armbian Bionic Desktop image with my rockpro64. I went through this link for GPU supported libs installation- I can see there are libMali.so files in /usr/lib/aarch... folder. I also installed armnn from this link- https://developer.arm.com/solutions/machine-learning-on-arm/developer-material/how-to-guides/configuring-the-arm-nn-sdk-build-environment-for-tensorflow-lite/build-arm-nn And successfully done and tested. But when i am running on of my tenseflowlite based project, it is throughing error- Loaded model mobilenet_ssd.tflite resolved reporter nn…
-
Hi I need help, I have used in the past the Banana PI M1 card for many years with a SATA Port Multiplier. To enable PMP support for this card, you had to edit: nano /boot/boot.cmd Go to line that starts with: setenv bootargs and add at the bottom of the row: ahci_sunxi.enable_pmp=1 recompile with: mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr Restart Almbian and the SATA Port Multiplier was activated. I now own a RockPro64 with Armbian and a 6-port PCIE sata card. Should buy a card with 8-10 ports to add hdd that I will need to make backups. …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
In order to enumerate the major issues that are *still* valid now, I'm creating a 'crash dump' thread. The idea is simple, if your RK3399 board crashed recently, you just : Write what happened during the crash; Provide the link you got from sudo armbianmonitor -u , after the crash happened; Provide the content of /var/log/kern.log (if this file is present on your system) (attach it or copy the content on pastebin and link it here). No discussion here. Feel free to create a new dedicated thread afterwards to talk about the problem you encountered. Minor issues are welcome too, if they trigger a BUG message in your logs…
-
Hi so there is a wip for RockPro64 but Kernel development and some other builds like MrFixIt have made gr8 advancement. Wondering if you could start support for rp64 or maybe update the wip since kernel has greatly improved.
-
Im looking for a functioning, easy to install fan script for my RockPro64 installed with Armbian Jammy. Iv searched around and found a few unmaintained projects but Its not something iv ever done before so wanted to ask what others use. Although I do have some experience in the terminal I'm still relatively new to it so im hoping there is something with good step by step documentation. If anyone can assist Id be appreciative. Many thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.2k views
-
-
Downloaded the image file Armbian_20.08_Rockpro64_buster_current_5.7.15_desktop.img. Using the Etcher utility, I burned the image to the SD Card. Installed SD Card in RockPro64. The system does not start. The exact same problem is observed with Armbian_20.08_Rockpro64_focal_current_5.7.15_desktop.img. If I write the Armbian_20.05.2_Rockpro64_buster_current_5.4.43_desktop.img image to the SD Card, then the system starts and installs normally. Then I use apt update and apt upgrade, as a result, the system is updated to version 5.7.15. I am trying to transfer the system to a connected SSD, after which the system stops booting. PS Sorry for my …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
My goal is to get OMV5 running on my RockPro64 (previously running OMV4 on an Ayufan image). I'm using this guide here from over on the OMV forum which suggests that Buster Server is the only thing that will work; this is based on the 4.4 kernel, and the suggested alternate of Buster Minimal is not present. I've tried downloaded from multiple locations and cannot get the SHA to match. The 256 per Checksum utility is 760BD8FA51316D07E875D5B8687E837C8C00070E68F44B8B413C76EC217C606B while the file from the Armbian download site is 3ddc7bc3e47bc39a9a9bed6109d35ca712bd34a6206121d37814ca8faf4b8798 If i try to flash the image to SD and boot device fails …
-
Hi guys I have experienced a lot of system instability with the rockpro64 on debian and armbian as explained here: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=17083 and here: https://github.com/monero-project/monero/issues/8473 I think the solution lies in what the guys are discussing here: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=7387 Can someone please give me a clear set of instructions on how to create an image to boot with with lowered ddr clock frequency? Presumably from the files listed here?: https://github.com/rockchip-linux/rkbin/tree/master/bin/rk33 i.e.: files such as rk3399pro_ddr_…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone. I’ve been facing some issues with my RockPro64 lately, running on a dedicated version of Ambian for this sbc. Earlier, I was using a USB Bluetooth module with it for playing audio on my speakers (via Logitech Bluetooth adapter), and it worked perfectly fine. I wanted to save some USB ports so I decided to replace the module with a ROCKPro64 1*1 Dual Band WIFI 802.11 AC/BLUETOOTH 5.0 MODULE. But ever since I’ve done that, the audio quality is choppy and inconsistent. Receiver and transmitter are located closely, so I don’t think it’s a signal issue. It seems like a hardware or a software issue, but I’m not sure what could it be. I’d appreciate any help with …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Where can I find a link to the source git for What source code are the 5.4.23-rockchip64 kernels from?
-
I am using this image https://dl.armbian.com/rockpro64/nightly/Armbian_5.82.190422_Rockpro64_Debian_stretch_dev_5.0.0.7z Board start only without wifi & pcie. But i got this error. https://pastebin.com/gq2DpXaF
-
There's an issue with Panfrost and Mesa 19.3 that causes X11 to crash in "OsLookupColor" which you may run into on Armbian on RK3399 devices; it can be solved by enabling the experimental branch in your /etc/apt/sources.list by adding the following line: deb http://deb.debian.org/debian experimental main contrib non-free You can then run 'apt update' and install experimental branch packages with 'apt -t experimental install <package>'. To fix the crash in X11, update the following from experimental: libegl-mesa0 libgbm1 libgl1-mesa-dri libglapi-mesa libglx-mesa0 mesa-va-drivers mesa-vdpau-drivers mesa-vulkan-drivers This should allow X11 …
-
Hi, rockpro64 Linux rockpro64 4.4.174-rockchip64 #16 SMP Sun Feb 10 16:50:35 CET 2019 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux as root: # btrfs qgroup show / --> ERROR: can't list qgroups: quotas not enabled (thats not the problem) but a dmesg BTRFS error (device sda1): could not find root 8 occurs .. There is a old (2015) discussion about a missing group (create a dedicated qgroup ioctl) https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg49628.html https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg49635.html May you have a idea ?! Best regards - and you make a great job! …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear Armbian community, Yesterday morning, after apt upgrade my Rockpro64 not boot (the white and red led stayed lit). After some tries I managed to get a boot again but I now have a "init not found" error, as you can see on the screenshot. What have been done so far : - Install an Ubuntu as "debug" platform - Follow the recovery steps from Armbian website - Put on eMMC storage a 5.15.63 by copying the files from Armbian - Check if UUID was consistent between partition, boot config, ... ==> this is the case - Made a fsck : no errors found ==> I would like to try this : https://askubuntu.com/questions/…
-
Hi, hot o enable splash screen on boot fo this image: Armbian_20.02.1_Rockpro64_bionic_legacy_4.4.213_desktop.img for Rockpro64? Thanks
-
Hello , looking to upgrade from SBC Rock64 to RockPro64< however, on the homepage it is mentioned, that https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/ROCKPro64_Software_Releases Since my Rock64 is running aready Linux kernel 4.4 and i am looking to upgrade, both from Rock64 and from SDcard to eMMC, my question, if this limitation still applies to RockPro64 with newer editions of Armbian, also since there is no mention of it on the official Armbian Page for RockPro64 https://www.armbian.com/rockpro64/ Thank you very much
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
While running the debian stretch desktop, I'm able to set my scroll direction in the mouse/touchpad manager but only certain programs respond to the changes. The file manager and leafpad do but chromium and the terminal window don't. Anyone know anything about this?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
Hi! I'm using Armbian with Ayufan's 5.3.0rc4 kernel (until ~1 month ago when I decided to freeze the dev kernels, they were not able to expose the pwmon for the fan that I need to keep running to cool my nas case). But I've seen lots of updates flying around about uboot. So I am wondering: are there significant improvements to uboot? I am currently using an old version of uboot on the SPI flash (so it is a little painful to test new version) and I am wondering if I should disable my SPI in order to have uboot on my emmc (to boot off the emmc) or if there is even a newer option to reflash my spi with a newer uboot... Thanks, Mathias PS: so…
-
I have compiled with Armbian build (btw i reported that RockPro64 and Rock64 download pages give 502 Bad gateway) 1. Armbian_23.08.0-trunk_Rockpro64_jammy_current_6.1.46_minimal.img 2. Armbian_23.08.0-trunk_Rockpro64_jammy_current_6.1.46_cinnamon_desktop.img With SPI disabled, the img boots fine, but when reboot/restart takes place, board gives black screen, no U-boot activity, no white light. It will boot again after restart if reset pressed or power off/on Shouldnt board reboot normally? PS nd after u-boot log/text this screen shows prior booting
-
This has happened now on identical brand new boards, new EMMCs, also on SD, identical 5a factory PSU, factory heatsink. OS is Armbian, and it has happened on current desktop and server. This last time I had completed several successful reboots and thought maybe I just hadn't been pushing the plug in all the way. Then it happened again. Prior attempts have been on EMMC, directly burned with Etcher, and brand new Sandisk Ultra in package with bubble. The behavior is while the board is running, white light flashing, system munching it just dies. Throws no errors. Just quits. Green light never goes out. I was tailing the emby log when it crashed this time. N…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I haven't touched my ROCKPro64 for quite a while. Pulled it out today and starting playing with it. I was getting 2 blinks of white LED, then a pause, then repeating. I thought it wasn't booting or something. After checking a whole bunch of things, including connecting a serial terminal, I finally realized I had a bad Ethernet cable (and this was why it was not showing up on my router). The board (and OS installed to eMMC) had been fine the whole time. Now, my understanding is that the LED behavior is particular to software (bootloader, I guess?). But FWIW, on a slightly older Armbian (21.02.3) at least, this appears to be default b…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey folks... We are trying to use a DHT22 sensor on rockpro64 using armbian (buster)... Is there something we need to know about GPIO pin ? We are trying to compile and use this code as a starter... https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/dht22-pine64.git But we got a segfault when using it... thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am trying to use a tpm module that attaches to GPIO pins and uses SPI. The manufacturer provides examples that use overlays from Raspbian, and those overlays seem to reference infineon and slb9670, neither of which I can find in armbian source. Anyone know if there is a way to enable SPI tpm?
-
Looks like the current-rockchip64 kernel that one receives with apt on PINE64 rockpro64 is 3.18.10 (6.18.10-current-rockchip64), vulnerable to copy-fail. This seems weird because if you go to https://armbian.com/boards/rockpro64 that page says that the "current" kernel for these systems is 6.18.26 and that is what you get when you download the image file. Is there an issue with updating the apt repos?
-
Starting a new thread after this one solved my question: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/15044-how-to-re-format-and-remount-and-redo-lvm-volume-on-ssd/?tab=comments#comment-107672 but taking care of those things wasn't the root cause. it turns out the drive wasn't unmounted cleanly after accidentally unplugging the power cable from the board. I had a drive setup using: pvcreate /dev/nvme0n1 vgcreate rockpro64 /dev/nvme0n1 lvcreate -n <name> -L 500g rockpro64 then i formatted like this: mkfs.ext4 /dev/rockpro64/name but then i accidentally unplugged the power source while i got my system up and running it wasn't cleanly unmounte…
-
Running Armbian 23.8.1 Jammy CLI Minimal. Since my kernel updated to 6.1 I have been having serious stability issues. Uptime is somewhere between 3 and 24 hours before the system becomes completely unresponsive. Prior to the 6.1 update this system was rock solid and would be up for months at a time, only ever rebooted for kernel updates. I currently have a monitor plugged in running dmesg -W hoping for something when these hard locks are occurring but I am not seeing anything to indicate what the issue may be. armbianmonitor-u output is: https://pastebin.com/DeU8VsB4 Any suggestions on any additional debugging I can enable to tr…
-
Hi, I'm not sure if it is a bug as by board seems to work correctly, however I thought I should post it. In the latest version (5.10.60-rockchip64) I'm getting a few errors in dmesg: debugfs: Directory 'power-domain' with parent 'pm_genpd' already present! I hadn't seen these errors in the previous version (5.10.43) Logs are here: http://ix.io/3yY5 Regards,