Amlogic meson
Community maintained Amlogic boards
267 topics in this forum
-
Hi, On an Odroid C2, I used to read IP camera stream with ffmpeg without HW decoding, as it was not available yet. After reading many threads on this forum, regarding hw decoding through ffmpeg, I decided to give a try....but without any success. First of all, I tried to decode the Sintel.2010.720p.mkv file, and it worked well. This is the command I used: ffmpeg -c:v h264_v4l2m2m -i Sintel.2010.720p.mkv -an -vf fps=1 -f image2 -strftime 1 "/dev/shm/cam1_%S.jpg" (This takes a snapshot every second from the video file) And I got this output: [h264_v4l2m2m @ 0xaaaab68e84f0] driver 'meson-vdec' on card 'Amlogic Video Deco…
-
Hello, I have installed Armbian Debian Stretch Next (mainline kernel) on my Odroid C2 and updated to newest version(apt update & apt upgrade). Everything works fine except USB ports. I have USB LTE modem which is not recognized. I have tried "lsusb -v" but with this modem not works. But when I connect USB keyboard first then "lsusb -v" and next I connect LTE modem and type "lsusb -v" then it's works. I also tried connecting USB LTE modem before Odroid C2 boot but this workaround not working. Is there any workaround which not involving connecting more than one USB device? Maybe usb kernel modules (usbcore, …
-
Reputation Points
- 18 replies
- 22.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Now checked on Odroid C2 an image 5.76 with MALI and a media script, by a technique with replacement of u-boot, as for K2. Everything works fine. After installing the script, the standard browser began to play video 1080 full screen without brakes. MPV is just as easy to handle any full-screen video. Bonus has an in-house sound via HDMI. There is one caveat when configuring - it is necessary to specify the correct DTB option in the file for Odroid C2 "/extlinux/extlinux conf". 1. Copy of the standard u-boot from the working SD card. dd if=/dev/mmcblkXXX of=u-boot_odroid_c2.img bs=1M count=4 2. Burn the image Armbian for TV Boxing…
-
I am trying to follow various tutorials on full disk LUKS root encryption for Odroid C2 with a emmc. Every tutorial I have found makes use of a separate partition for boot. Something like /dev/sdx1 (vfat) 100Mb. Mostly raspi tutorials but a few others that are step by step instructions out there as well. The armbian.img file does not have a separate boot partition when I use dd to transfer to emmc or sdcard. Do I just make a vfat partition on /dev/mmcblk0 (the emmc) and copy the /boot folder over to /dev/mmcblk0p1, and run dd again to put the arbian.img on /dev/mmcblk0p2? Anybody know of a what I need to do to make that partition so I can try some…
-
After some hours of compiling I got OpenCV 4.1.1 running on Armbian Buster 64-bit. The SBC is an Odroid-C2. Thank you for this great OS-image.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Hi, I use the C2 connector J2 signals to control power distribution for several attaches devices. A n-channel MOSFET is driven by a GPIO signal, with pulldown (3k3) to ensure that the n-channel MOSFET is off, - as long as the GPIO pin is in tristate or input state. I considered this to be the case for all "normal" GPIO lines (except I2C and SPI). I see now that after powerup, at least GPIOX_5 is active and switches on my load until I can export the GPIOX_5 and drive it low. Does anyone know if the GPIO lines are driven actively after powerup / reset? And if so, can this behaviour be changed in U-boot or kernel environment? The philosophy of t…
-
Hi, I'm currently considering an ODROID C2 to replace an Rpi3 as a combined headless tvheadend and mysql server, with GPIO control of a relay for a fan. It's upgrading to Gigabit LAN that I'm after, to avoid the occasional bottleneck to my NAS. Legacy sounds like it's working well enough on the C2, but the USB T2 tuners I'm using are only supported in kernel 3.19 or above... The C2 page suggests only legacy is available, but the package repository page suggests otherwise: linux-image-odroidc2 3.14.79 Amlogic S905 Hardkernel Odroid C2 linux-image-next-odroidc2 4.13.3 Amlogic S905 (meson64) Hardkernel Odroid C2 …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Hi, I use the new kernel with I2CA being used for controlling some U/I meters and sensors. There are three 1Wire masters included by overlay (and they work ): > ls /sys/bus/w1/devices/ > 22-000000214032 28-00000a09aa8d w1_bus_master2 > 28-00000a089919 w1_bus_master1 w1_bus_master3 I2C works also fine, all devices mounted so far are answering: > i2cdetect -y 0 > 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f > 00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0c -- -- -- > 10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- > 20: 20 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- > 30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- …
-
Odroid C2 Armbian 5.44 Ubuntu- Bionic XFCE 4.12/ - 1. system lost eth0 connection after 5 minutes work ( DHCP or Static number IP ) 2. sometimes not reboot properly - i have to unconnected from power
-
Reputation Points
- 22 replies
- 8.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I using up to date Armbian Stretch with kernel 4.19.41-meson64 #5.85 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 8 12:40:37 CEST 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux. I started using TP-Link TL-WN722N V1 USB WiFi dongle recently. Unfortunately Armbian has crashed and rebooted once during I using such USB dongle. I tried to reproduce this bug once more but I can't. I have installed firmware-atheros package for this USB dongle. Should I install armbian-firmware-full package instead of firmware-atheros? It could help? Log: Spoiler May 11 14:23:25 xxx kernel: [ 2690.401749] usb 1-1.1: new high-speed USB device number 8 using dwc2 May 11 14:23:2…
-
I recently did an apt-get update on an Odroid C2 which included the following: linux-dtb-odroidc2 linux-firmware-image-odroidc2 linux-headers-odroidc2 linux-image-odroidc2 linux-jessie-root-odroidc2 linux-u-boot-odroidc2-default. I figured it'd be all fine and dandy because it looks to just be an update to 3.14.67, versus the old 3.14.65. Installed and restarted without any apparent errors. Upon logging in, uname -r still reports 3.14.65-odroidc2 however. Files in /boot seem to all be labeled 3.14.67, but it's looking for all the kernel modules in /lib/modules/3.14.65-odroidc2, which is now basically an empty folder instead of /lib/modules/3.14.67-odroidc2. S…
-
Is this https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/24299 a known issue with 5.60? In https://github.com/armbian/testings it's written that 'USB hot plugging' doesn't work which is something I'm fine with. But what does 'networking sometimes doesn't work' means exactly? @Igor since I've seen you submitted the test report. What does that mean wrt networking? Isn't the next branch meant as a 'stable' branch where basic functionality has to work flawlessly? Did networking work prior to 5.60 release?
-
Hello Armbian Community, I'm reaching out for help with a critical issue I've been facing on my ODROID HC4 server since updating to Armbian_community 24.8.0-trunk.4xx. I put 4xx because I don't know which version caused the issues. It was yesterday and I just saw updates in my OMV workbench, did the updates and then rebooted and then was unable to access OMV anymore. I have since upgraded to trunk.500 last night, didn't help, and trunk.501 this morning also didn't fix anything. Here’s a detailed account of the situation and the troubleshooting steps I've taken so far. Background: Device: ODROID HC4 OS: Armbian (l…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Well, no fancy introduction here, because this doesn't pretend to be a script for the general use, only for testers who want to try the current *very early* status of the media capabilities in the Armbian meson mainline kernel. Warning: It will replace your current kernel with a pre-compiled nightly 4.19.20. Instructions: Download, untar and run. If you need further instructions, then you are not ready for this script (again, it is very unpolished, not for general use). Download link: https://mega.nz/#!YvYUhayC!CI1fl52V4tV0G4oqUib4W-NlMpVSpLDp8kmo74g-V08 Things that you can try with this script, on a X session: …
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 19.9k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, I want to change the resolution to a custom setting. In order to do this I changed the /boot/boot.ini file to custombuilt and include the relevant modeline for my display. When I start the odroid, it crashes. I then tried to just use setenv display_autodetect "true" and no preset selected, it also crashes. Perhaps I misunderstand auto_detect, but when I set the custombuilt option with the right modeline, it still won't work.. any ideas?
-
Hi all, preparing an image for our next deployment (10 Odroid C2), I found that somehow the MAC address visible in Uboot doesn't make it into Armbian system. On the first copied system (I use odroidbackup.pl), in Uboot "Printenv" I get ethaddr=00:1e:06:36:58:63 Original system gives me: ethaddr=00:1e:06:34:fa:1a Both systems report to our DHCP server with the latter MAC, which will lead to troubles when both boards will be in the same network Any hints how to get the (apparently eFuse stored) MAC into the Armbian system? Thanks in advance, Michael
-
Hello everyone, I am evaluating the purchase of an SBC (the Radxa Zero seems to be the best equipment, power / consumption) for one of my projects, but I cannot find reliable sources regarding the consumption of the SBCs. Have any of you carried out extensive tests?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 6.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, i bought my first odroid, and decide to install armbian. I download armbian from official server, and i try write os using rufus on Windows. I choose 'dd' and check raw file, rufus write image without error. When I plug MicroSDHC card, system starts, red led is on, blue flashing. From first minutes system have got big lag, I wait 50 minuts and do nothing in first boot. Last text on screen is **** Starting Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes... [ OK ] Started LSB: PLEASE BE PATIENT AND DO NOT INTERRUPT THE FIRST REBOOT [ OK ] Started Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes. *** I use Odroid c2 rev 2.0 20160226 and SanDisk ultimate Micr…
-
I only test on my OdroidC2 so this find may affect more. As repeatedly mentioned, the C2 has usb detect issues. For us, a main culprit not discussed yet is the default kernel config. Having both: CONFIG_USB_EHCI_TT_NEWSCHED=Y CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD=Y For USB1.1, these should be one or the other, never both. Mainline has: CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD=Y and CONFIG_USB_EHCI_TT_NEWSCHED is not set. For the OdroidC2, CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD=N is proper. As it has no OHCI and USB2 handles that for us. Forcing the USB power on state has helped workaround this issue, by keeping the driver tied to the device in the kernel.
-
Hello, i download wiringPi library using, # git clone https://github.com/hardkernel/wiringPi # cd wiringPi # ./build as root, i compile library with errors. login as: root root@192.168.2.110's password: ___ _ _ _ ____ ____ / _ \ __| |_ __ ___ (_) __| | / ___|___ \ | | | |/ _` | '__/ _ \| |/ _` | | | __) | | |_| | (_| | | | (_) | | (_| | | |___ / __/ \___/ \__,_|_| \___/|_|\__,_| \____|_____| Welcome to ARMBIAN Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 3.14.73-odroidc2 System load: 0.00 Up time: 44 min Memory usage: 7 % of 1719Mb IP: 192.168.2.110 CPU temp: 47°C Usage of /: 13% of 15G Last login: Wed J…
-
Hello, I using up to date Armbian Stretch with kernel 4.19.41-meson64 #5.85 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 8 12:40:37 CEST 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux. Today about 2 minutes after system boot I have found this warning in kernel log: May 12 07:51:48 xxx kernel: WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 0 at kernel/time/hrtimer.c:917 hrtimer_forward+0x88/0xd0 May 12 07:51:48 xxx kernel: Modules linked in: cdc_ether usbnet uas xt_tcpudp nf_log_ipv4 nf_log_common xt_LOG xt_multiport xt_conntrack iptable_filter ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat nf_nat_ipv4 nf_nat nf_connt May 12 07:51:48 xxx kernel: CPU: 1 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/1 Not tainted 4.19.41-meson64 #5.85 May 12 07:51:48 xxx kernel: Hardware …
-
This was briefly discussed in another topic, but the idea would be to make 4.14 the default kernel for Le Potato and K2, and change next to the newest stable kernel. The reason is, the 4.14 is the vendor kernel for Le Potato, K2 is only supported via it's similarity to C2 and Le Potato, and we currently don't have a "mainline" for Amlogic as everything moves forward. Consequences: Default build it yourself with the 3.14 will no longer be possible. We do not provide images of this build anyway. Next image users will get updated to the newest stable rather than staying on 4.14 This is what needs the discussion. I put a quick post on…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 6.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi, I installed latest Armbian (Debian/Jessia) as well as built Xenial Ubuntu (5.20 kernel 3.14.79 in both cases). Board is Odroid-C2. As i have a Wifi USB - TP-Link TL-WN823N I need to build a driver for it as it is not included in kernel. Found instructions at Armbian documentation: http://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Advanced-Features/#how-to-build-a-wireless-driver but after starting with make ARCH=arm64 it fails with error that ... xen.h is missing. Does anyone have recipe for success ? Below is failure log on Debian-Jesse (exactly same issue on Xenial-Ubuntu). Tx in advance !!! root@odroidc2:/home/zh/rtl8192cu-fixes# make ARCH=arm64 …
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 6.9k views
-
-
2 changes are in queue on my workstation, one is u-boot 2018.11, the other is updating the Dev patchset and beginning to iron out 4.19 Kernel. The first I honestly don't see any issues with moving forward, but want people to know about it, the second is a bit of a hairball and I'll need some help with debugging, and in fixing. Detail of changes: U-boot: Currently Meson64 and Odroid C2 are using 2018.05 and 2018.07, respectively. I will be moving all to 2018.11, and eliminating the "specialness" of the Odroid C2 in our build system, so Meson64 will be inheriting the C2 boot script under the "Meson64 name, it will no longer have its own u-boot pat…
-
Reputation Points
- 100 replies
- 36.6k views
- 6 followers
-
-
lm-sensors can read temps fine - $ uname -a Linux Odroid-C2 4.19.20-meson64 #5.75 SMP PREEMPT Fri Feb 8 10:08:40 CET 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux $ sensors -u scpi_sensors-isa-0000 Adapter: ISA adapter aml_thermal: temp1_input: 39.000 But htop displays 0 C -
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I compiled some images for C2 yesterday (mainline 5.77, jessie), and had a nice console as usual. Today, the new images still have u-boot console, and give some information about kernel starting, but no login by console (USB serial) is possible. I tried to set "console=serial" in /boot/armbianEnv.txt, but that gives me an endless reboot loop. Were there some changes? Maybe in baudrate? I get u-boot messages at 115200 8N1 as expected.. Michael
-
I used a stable Armbian Image (Armbian Stretch mainline kernel 4.18.y) for OdroidC2. The OS booted up normally but the USB hubs didn't detect the connected peripherals. The output of `lsusb` didn't show any of the connected peripherals. Thanks Sumit
-
Greetings. I'm running a headless cluster of Odroid C2's (eMMC) using the latest Armbian buster minimal image with kernel 4.19.69-meson64. I'm encountering an issue where it takes a long time for SSH connection to be accepted (initially up to 30 min consistently). I get a connection refused. The issue seems to be due to the entropy pool becoming depleted during the early boot process which blocks SSH from starting while it refills the pool. The problem seems to be known and documented well here: https://daniel-lange.com/archives/152-Openssh-taking-minutes-to-become-available,-booting-takes-half-an-hour-...-because-your-server-waits-for-a…
-
Hi, I just switch from hummingboard i4 to odroid c2 (same os, armbian, same app on it), all it's ok but I got an issue with load average, on i4 I have about 0.4 but on C2 I have 3 and I don't understand why. Here a vmstat from C2 : procs -----------memory---------- ---swap-- -----io---- -system-- ------cpu----- r b swpd free buff cache si so bi bo in cs us sy id wa st 0 0 0 891036 74724 277404 0 0 0 0 310 493 3 2 95 0 0 1 0 0 891004 74724 277404 0 0 0 0 18272 1863 0 2 98 0 0 0 0 0 891036 74724 277404 0 0 0 0 18205 1950 4 0 96 0 0 1 0 0 891036 74724 2774…
-
My buddy gave me his Odroid C4 when he bought a Raspberry and it has been reset for me to use. I plugged it into my new fibre modem. It has access to the internet. I have my PC upstairs with lots of videos I have downloaded. I used to use a WD box to watch my movies. I can't seem to get the new Odroid to connect to the network. I use windows 10 and didn't have a problem sharing files before. Does anyone have idea on how to hock the systems so they will share files??? Rod
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
Has anyone had any luck cloning their repository as described on http://openlinux.amlogic.com/wiki/index.php/Arm/arm-Kernel_Info/Kernel4.9 So far it just keeps timing out on me.
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 7.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
TL;DR: the following is a simple summary of the issue: Amlogic SoCs contain an own embedded microcontroller (Cortex-M3) used for controlling power and clocks A proprietary and closed source firmware is loaded on the M3 at boot. This stuff is contained in the bl30.bin blob we have to include This firmware controls the real clockspeeds, ignores what the cpufreq framework running in the Linux kernel wants and even reports back bogus clockspeeds (the kernel wants to set 1512 MHz, the M3 ignores this and sets 1416 MHz instead but the code returns faked 1512 MHz) Various tests showed that this is not related to thermal protection but just to $some…
-
Reputation Points
- 79 replies
- 46.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi guys, I just recompiled my patches from old 2015 Uboot to the 2018 version, allowing setting the baud rate in Uboot (for accessing it by 9600 8N1), and saving envs in eMMC. First one works, I can switch easily baudrates now, but "saveenv" fails, spitting out a lot of error messages: => saveenv Saving Environment to EXT4... Card did not respond to voltage select! ** Bad device mmc 0 ** Failed (1) I also see that apparently the settings are being loaded from a wrong partition: U-Boot 2018.07-armbian (Oct 28 2018 - 10:43:58 +0100) odroid-c2 DRAM: 2 GiB MMC: mmc@72000: 0, mmc@74000: 1 Loading Environment from EXT4... Card di…
-
Hi all, I'm new to Linux and trying to set up a music server using my Odroid C2/Armbian/Cantata/MPD/HDMI sound. Got Armbian 5.60 (Stretch) 4.18.8 installed. Cantata sees the small test music library I set up on the C2 and appears to play tracks as the progress bar moves. I get no sound from the C2 connected HDMI monitor. (for initial testing only, i2s + DAC/Amp later). I tried the same set up using the Odroid Ubuntu/Mate desktop image a few days back and it worked straight out of the box. My suspicion is that the audio output settings in the mpd.conf are not correct (mpd 0.19.21). For HDMI sound output, does my version of Armbian use Pul…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Odroid C2 not booting Armbian 5.25 Odroid C2 Debian jessie default 3.14.79 after reboot te system never came up. red solid light. blue blinking light. Please help. uart log added: Spoiler GXBB:BL1:08dafd:0a8993;FEAT:EDFC318C;POC:3;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:0; TE: 269146 no sdio debug board detected BL2 Built : 11:44:26, Nov 25 2015. gxb gfb13a3b-c2 - jcao@wonton Board ID = 8 set vcck to 1100 mv set vddee to 1050 mv CPU clk: 1536MHz DDR channel setting: DDR0 Rank0+1 same DDR0: 2048MB(auto) @ 912MHz(2T)-13 DataBus test pass! AddrBus…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi There, i´ve tried armbian on my odroid C2, but the sources list is not fully available .. or simply wrong. an : apt-get update ... .... Hit http://httpredir.debian.orgjessie/non-free Sources Fetched 151 kB in 12s (12.3 kB/s) W: Failed to fetch http://apt.armbian.com/dists/jessie/InRelease Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-arm64/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file) E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead. shows, that something is wrong with sources list... regards arel
-
Please contribute if you're affected: https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/issues/499
-
Hi guys, some months ago I implemented an Odroid C2 as readout controller for a scientific instrument. Lot of people were kind and helped me with some problems with Armbian, especially eMMC and PWM. Today, finally, we managed to have our instrument (two strings with several Odroid C2 and other stuff) deployed. It is sitting now at 2628m depth in the Pacific Ocean, and will go operational the next days. Here we are... I think I can announce the deepest Odroid so far (cry loud if I'm wrong :) ) In the picture you just can see the Titanium housing with two glass covers attached to the string. Again, thanks for the fish :) …
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 7.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I just got a mystery box from Ameridroid that contained a ODROID-GO-Ultra. Hardkernel has an old Ubuntu 20.04 image. Does Armibian support this device?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I have 16GB orange eMMC v0.4 module for Odroid C2. I have installed on it Armbian Debian Stretch Next (mainline kernel). When I run iozone I got read results that is slower than eMMC Hardkernel specs. root@odroidc2:~# iozone -e -I -a -s 100M -r 4k -r 16k -r 512k -r 1024k -r 16384k -i 0 -i 1 -i 2 Iozone: Performance Test of File I/O Version $Revision: 3.429 $ Compiled for 64 bit mode. Build: linux Contributors:William Norcott, Don Capps, Isom Crawford, Kirby Collins Al Slater, Scott Rhine, Mike Wisner, Ken Goss Steve Landherr, Brad Smith, Mark Kelly, Dr. Alain CYR, Randy Dunlap, Mark Montague, …
-
Hello gents. I cannot seem to be able to find the reason why the image I copy the SD gets some files gets corrupted after the first boot. I tried to force not to resize the rootfs too with no luck. I find out that the /etc/network/interfaces is different from what I edited. On a linux machine I used Etcher to flash the image Armbian_5.35_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_default_3.14.79.img. Then edit the file /etc/network/interfaces on the SD (an 16GB Samsung EVO) to add the line "auto eth0" which is missing(!), unmount the SD, move it to the Odroid C2 and boot it. the result after the first boot is (at minicom console): root@odroidc2:~# cat…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 5.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Not sure if this belongs here or upstream but I figure I'd post here first. I'm running kubernetes on a bunch of odroid c2s and randomly pairs or sometimes single ones will crash randomly. I was able to capture the logs from the crash, but I can't seem to get a core dump. I was, however, able to determine that the panic occurs when rapidly removing and adding virtual ethernet devices. Some sort of collision seems to occur and the kernel oopsies into oblivion. It happens constantly, so much that I've had to put my project on hold =( This happens with the stock image from hardkernel, the latest stable armbian image for c2, and the latest nightly for …
-
Hi, i had a little problem with root login on C2. It gives a message about "/usr/local/bin/temper" file absent and goes to restart. Problem solved by installation "armhf" architecture (temper file is present but compiled for 32 bit). thank you very much for your work.
-
Hello, I try install armhf packets (piaware) from it's repo, what I do: dpkg --add-architecture armhf nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/piaware.list change it to: deb [arch=armhf] http://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/files/packages jessie piaware then apt-get update apt-get install piaware and have this error: Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help…
-
Hello, I tried to build a fresh image for the Odroid C2, but always fails with the u-boot.bin. The error is equivalent to the Issue #452 on Github. Anyone else with this problem? Thanks in advance.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
Hi there! I just got my hands on a brand new Odroid C4. I flashed Armbian Bullseye (tried Buster too as Bullseye is marked unstable) onto an SD card. The Issue I'm now facing is, after any sort of kernel update the board will not properly soft reboot anymore. I can restart the freshly installed system (which I generated the ix link with) as many times as I want using /sbin/reboot, but one apt upgrade later the board hangs in limbo when I issue a soft reboot. I can see the system itself shutting down, the blue light stopping to heartbeat, and then nothing happens anymore, until I replug power, then the board boots up fin…
-
Reputation Points
- 29 replies
- 46.1k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi, with my Odroid C2 I experience a strange behaviour regarding Armbian Updates. Initially Armbian_5.38_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_default_3.14.79 was installed, after installation I did an upgrade to Debian Stretch. Meanwhile a new Armbian version v5.44 / v5.45 with a newer Kernel is available for Odroid C2 devices. If I do "apt update" and "apt upgrade", a newer version isn't visible or would be installed? The system is stuck on v5.38 with Kernel 3.14.79: " Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.38 stable Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 3.14.79-odroidc2 Linux lx 3.14.79-odroidc2 #14 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 25 05:46:07 CET 2018 aarch64 System load: 0.39 0.28 0…
-
Hi everyone, I've just installed Armbian on my Odroid C2 but I'm struggling running Iceweasel Firefox. I have a segfault everytime even in safemode, any guess of the problem (I made both apt-get update & apt-get upgrade). Thanks !
-
Hi - I am trying to find out from the fora topics here as well the technical details page if the ODROID-C2 has an extension to the ARMv8 instruction set to improve the speed of applications, like openssl/openvpn, performing encryption and decryption. On the intel platforms this feature is known as AES-NI. Therefore is similar hardware on board and if so, which kernel module enables this feature please? Also when will " Armbian " stretch be available ( 17 July just like debian 9? ). Cheers
-
Images tried : Armbian_21.02.1_Odroidc1_bullseye_current_5.10.12.img.xz Armbian_22.08.0-trunk_Odroidc1_jammy_current_5.18.19.img.xz Results: Armbian_21.02.1_Odroidc1_bullseye_current_5.10.12.img.xz Network is recognized and ssh login possible + Serial console output working. ping gmail.com is working Armbian_22.08.0-trunk_Odroidc1_jammy_current_5.18.19.img.xz Network is not recognized and ssh login possible + Serial console output working. ping gmail.com is not working
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
After the last "sudo apt upgrade" my odroid C4 (meson) doesn't reboot properly anymore. In the system out there are many lines like: "Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically done." and one : "mdadm: error opening /dev/md?*: No such file or directory mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically /scripts/local-block/mdadm: 58: /scripts/local-block/mdadm: rm: not found" at the end: "Gave up waiting for root file system device. Common problems: - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline) - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?) - Missing modules (cat /proc/mo…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a 4-port USB 2.0 hub powered by a 5V 3.1A power supply that does not show up on my C2, with or without devices connected to it. I have the C2's USB OTG port disabled as I use a DC power supply. $ sudo lsusb Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1df7:3010 Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub dmesg does not log the hub connecting/disconnecting. How do I troubleshoot this? armbianmonitor -u: http://ix.io/1DzS
-
Hi, I was using Hardkernel's provided image for Odroid C1 and that was working fine. There is bunch of test sensors attached to gpio, like DHT22, BMP085, DS18B20 and 433 mhz receiver. Now I have tried to switch to Armbian and all the sensors keep working as they did, except 433 mhz receiver The RFSniffer I use is this one: https://github.com/ninjablocks/433Utils I changed WiringPI PIN to be used to "5": --- a/RPi_utils/RFSniffer.cpp +++ b/RPi_utils/RFSniffer.cpp @@ -22,7 +22,7 @@ int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { // This pin is not the first pin on the RPi GPIO header! // Consult https://projects.drogon.net/raspberry-pi/wir…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I recently bought Odroid C2. Legacy Ubuntu Server image works great, but Ubuntu Server Next (mainline kernel) doesn't boot. SSH shows network error: connection timed out, screen is black. Is it something wrong with current image or my hardware? (Other OSes are working fine like legacy dekstop, DietPi). Power supply is official barrel DC jack 5V/2A.
-
Hi I've made a new kernel Auxiliary Display Driver for TM16XX and compatible LED controllers. This driver supports various LED controller chips, including TM16XX family, FD6XX family, PT6964, and HBS658. It provides support for both I2C and SPI interfaces. I wanted it to manage the hardware on the kernel space while having an easy sysfs user space interface. It also aims to reduce the code to maintain by relaying on existing kernel features instead of recoding them. Plus, you can switch to hardware i2c/spi (instead of software gpio) depending on the pins used. You can use "vfdconf-convert" to convert your existing vfd.conf to its device…
-
Reputation Points
- 165 replies
- 66k views
- 6 followers
-
-
Hello Experts, I was hoping to get some beginner help getting my TV's remote control working with my Radxa Zero 2 micro computer running Armbian_23.11.1_Radxa-zero2_jammy_current_6.1.63_xfce_desktop or any armbian OS if there is a better one that can do CEC out of the box. I have installed v4l-utils and cec-utils, but when I use the command cec-ctl there is an error: Failed to open /dev/cec0 I know my Samsung tv/hdmi connection is good and the remote works with my raspberry pi 4 with LibreElec, but it seems like this Radxa Zero does not recognize the HDMI/CEC device and its not installed. The Raspi4+LibreELEC works with my TV out of th…
-
Hello I'm running debian bullseye on an Odroid C4 since quite some time now and decided it was a good time to upgrade to bookworm. When I first installed armbian on this board, I remember that I had to install the Odroid HC4 image. If I'm not mistaking, there were no C4 image at the time. After upgrading my current bullseye firmware with armbian-config ( and by passing the SSD issue described in this armbian forum post by hot plugging it ), I noticed that /boot/armbianEnv.txt had this line: fdtfile=amlogic/meson-sm1-odroid-hc4.dtb whereas the amlogic/meson-sm1-odroid-c4.dtb file exists in the /boot/dtb directory. Despite having read…
-
armbian on Odroid C2 4.13 or mainline 4.14?
-
Hi, just returned to start working on a FLIR Lepton camera, with Odroid C4, hooked up to SPI (faster than the C2). WIth the official image from download page (Armbian 22.08 Jammy, kernel 5.10.144) I get the following message on console as soon as I try any access to spidev: [ 77.660325] Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 0000000000000000 [ 77.666930] Mem abort info: [ 77.670400] ESR = 0x86000004 [ 77.673801] EC = 0x21: IABT (current EL), IL = 32 bits [ 77.677915] SET = 0, FnV = 0 [ 77.681367] EA = 0, S1PTW = 0 [ 77.684796] user pgtable: 4k pages, 48-bit VAs, pgdp=000000000f26b000 [ 77.690454] [00000000…
-
Before I was able to manually send CEC commands to my tv with cec-client. However I'm not sure how it works with Linux kernel CEC implementation. I know /dev/input0 is the node for CEC, I just have no idea what to do in this case. In case of cec-client, I would use the website cec-o-matic, but is there also a site like this for the kernel implementation of CEC? The reason I want this, is because I need to power on a tv with a remote using the odroid.
-
Hi, I have question about ports /dev/ttyAML1 and /dev/ttyAML2 (device Odroid C2, Image Buster) I dont see in dmesg the ports /dev/ttyAML1 and /dev/ttyAML2 [ 0.000256] printk: console [tty1] enabled [ 1.877506] c81004c0.serial: ttyAML0 at MMIO 0xc81004c0 (irq = 13, base_baud = 1500000) is a meson_uart [ 1.877549] printk: console [ttyAML0] enabled [ 3.452296] systemd[1]: Created slice system-serial\x2dgetty.slice. [ 3.455230] systemd[1]: Created slice system-getty.slice. [ 4.257715] cdc_acm 1-1.4:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device overlays=i2cA i2cB uartA uartB uartC w1-gpio How should i chnage the meson-gxbb-…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, all I have tested all the bookworm images and they all have the same error. HDMI debugging not working... This is the log uart Armbian_23.5.1_Nanopik2-s905_bookworm_current_6.1.30 Regards npik2-armbian
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, i've experienced eMMC Problems with the latest stable Jessie Armbian-Image for Odroid C2. Thats why i installed Debian_jessie_next_desktop_nightly.7z from the nightly builds. After my first experiences it seems that image is working good since i did all of my configurations over serial console and ssh. Now when connecting my display it's not working. Which is 1440x900p60hz and connected over a hdmi<->dvi Adapter to the board. The device is starting with a black screen and not not detecting any display when i try to start the X-Server manually and there are also no /dev/fbdev* devices. Since the boot files b…
-
I can't upgrade armbian focal to bullseye.
-
Today I installed packages (apt-get upgrade): armbian-config armbian-firmware linux-buster-root-current-odroidc2 linux-dtb-current-meson64 linux-image-current-meson64 linux-u-boot-odroidc2-current and rebooted the system. Afterwards no more USB devices were found: Active USB Hub, USB Hd, USB mouse, USB memorystick Regardless if connected via USB Hub or directly. lsusb doesn't show any devices. Any hints? Thanks in advance
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, as a small status update on the seafloor business, here are some pictures of the new Odroid C2 based instruments which will be deployed in September/October in the northers Pacific. Ten modules with different functionality will be deployed, all based on a standard setup of Odroid C2, TRB3sc FPGA based TDC DAQ system, one PADIWA preamp, and a modded mdedia converter serving as a fully configurable mini switch. One of the modules carries several Hamamatsu mini spectrometers, as well as a camera, to observe bioluminescence. Another module is targeting at muon tracking with SiPM based readout: …
-
I started to play with lima(mesa mali drivers) on Odroid C2 with ubuntu 19.04 with kernel 5.3. rc6 with lima enabled I add latest mesa drivers from https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/ubuntu/graphics-drivers there are only arm64 packages But there is problem on amlogic platform with order of dri/card* as dri/card0 point to lima and dri/card1 point to mesa drm driver but most software don't have options to set it up and they expect drm driver on card0 so there is problem in weston 5 for example https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2018-September/039446.html but weston …
-
Reputation Points
- 66 replies
- 50.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have just downloaded the latest version of Armbian and when I power on my potato there is only a solid red, and solid blue light. I thought it was my micro SD card but I installed Ubuntu onto the same micro SD and the potato booted up fine with a green light and flashing blue light. Is this because it is a new update or am I doing something wrong.
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 8.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I´d like to use the GPIO PINs on my Odriod C2 with the mainline kernel 4.18. I tried to install the User Space IO, which seems to be the right tool to help me with the task. Unfortunately I had no luck trying to install it on my own. Hopefully we can install it together and get the GPIOs to do their job. It says "User space devices are exposed through /dev or /sys. Verify the device is showing up prior to trying demo programs." That is what is shown in this directory's: Picture, are devices installed properly or do I have to configure the C2 to start with User Space IO? That happens if I try to run the exam…
-
Reputation Points
- 77 replies
- 31.9k views
- 4 followers
-
-
my TFT shield need fb_odroidc_tft32 missed module from there ) https://github.com/longsleep/ubuntu-odroidc/blob/master/drivers/video/fbtft/fb_odroidc_tft32.c
-
My NanoPiK2 is installed with Armbian Focal desktop system. When I used it normally for a day, I manually shut it down (closed properly). But when I restarted it, it finally displayed and stayed at [OK] Reached target Host and Network Name Lookups. Unable to enter the system. I tried to insert the SD card into the computer to search for the boot logs, but I couldn’t find it. How do i solve this problem?THANKS
-
I am trying to enable the external antenna on my Radxa Zero SBC. I was assuming that there is a kernel overlay available to achieve this, but unfortunately not. At least I am unable to find it using armbian-config. I am running Armbian v24.11.1 with kernel 6.6.63-current-meson64. Has anyone ever achieved to enable the external antenna? Any hints appreciated.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Today I installed Armbian_5.35_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_default_3.14.79 on my Odroid C2 Installation went fine and I got a DHCP-IP But now neither armbian-config will configure me a IP to eth0 (only device lo) nor /etc/network/interfaces would be "read" when I manually edit it to eth0 So I cleared the file. nmtui does let me configure a connection and I could activate this connection. At this time I got a/the right IP. But after a reboot this IP wouldnt reconnected. Every boot I do get an additional connection eth0 generated. Before boot root@odroidc2:~# nmcli con show NAME UUID T…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 6.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I am trying to get the official Hardkernel RTC board working. This board requires the driver module "rtc-pcf8563.ko" which is not included in the image by default. So I went through the kernel compiling tutorial, to add this module to my "own" kernel, and copy it over to my main system. First problem: the kernel version was different: main system is at version 4.18.8, while the module was compiled for 4.18.20. I could fix this by myself be defining the KERNELBRANCH='tag:v4.18.8'. Second problem: the "linux family" has changed. My main system is at Armbian version 5.60 for family "odroidc2". The driver module was compiled for "meson64"…
-
ODROID C4 : How can I configure SDIO bus on GPIO 40 pins ? I beleave that ODROID-C4 GPIO 40pins supports SDIO bus by SoC GPIO pin configuration. How can I get such pin configuration, that enables SDIO bus on GPIO 40 pins? Are there someone who got such configuration? Thank you .
-
Hi there, after updating the kernel to the latest version, the odroid-c2 only boots if a keyboard is present. If I disconnect the keyboard (which is and was the normal situation), on next reboot, I get a message "Enter root password for maintenance or press CONTROL-D to continue". Obviously, I'd greatly appreciate being able to boot my Odroid without having to connect a keyboard all the time. Best, Bastian
-
TJoe says Thank you!
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Hi, Armbian_21.02.3_Odroidc1_focal_current_5.10.21 how do I find out which number do I need to provide to gpio export command? Let's say I have physical pin 16, which is labeled by the manufacturer as `GPIOX.5` or `102`. But that doesn't work with Armbian: echo 102 > /sys/class/gpio/export [ 1602.030617] export_store: invalid GPIO 102 How do I know the value to provide for /sys/class/gpio/export? # cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio gpiochip1: GPIOs 413-428, parent: platform/c8100084.pinctrl, aobus-banks: gpio-416 ( |TF_IO ) out lo gpio-417 ( |usb-hub-reset ) …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, we are testing set of 50devices and on 20%-30% of them we are detecting errors, which seems as hardware issues with eMMC cards. Issues looks very similar to us. Example of device usage is: 1) device boots operating system (Armbian GNU/Linux kernel 3.14.79-odroidc2), 2) device works as expected for hours/days, 3) system logs starts containing emmc errors, 4) system freezes with console message: Message from syslogd@avast-hkc213254dfea768 at Feb 14 13:49:58 ... kernel:[189164.931207] Disabling IRQ #250 After consultation with Hardkernel we tried theirs ubuntu image and it looks better. After 4 hour test we do not detect broken card (test continues),…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear community, unfortunately, "armbianmonitor -u" doesn't give me a link anymore, and I'm not sure if uploading works at all. So I cant provide the information As our deployment date approaches, we try to finalize our Armbian system for North Pacific seafloor... and found some unexpected problems (problems seem alwas to be unexpected): The TigerVNC has two problems on Armbian, and it would be great if you could verify that issues and maybe problem some helpful ideas: (1) TigerVNC (tigervnc-common/stable,now 1.9.0) needs the following workaround to start at all: LD_PRELOAD=/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 vncserver :1 -loc…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 7.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I am using up to date Armbian - Debian Buster with Armbian Linux 4.19.69-meson64 Linux version 4.19.69-meson64 (root@builder) (gcc version 7.4.1 20181213 [linaro-7.4-2019.02 revision 56ec6f6b99cc167ff0c2f8e1a2eed33b1edc85d4] (Linaro GCC 7.4-2019.02)) #5.95 SMP PREEMPT Mon Sep 2 01:21:39 CEST 2019. I have encountered Ethernet interface lockup on medium traffic (after 30s-120s when copying big files from external usb disk by sshfs - 240Mb/s). At high/medium Ethernet traffic the issue always occurs. It is most likely caused by some kernel update because I didn't have such problem before. Similar issue: https://github.com/rockchip-linu…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello Forum, i am using a vdr headless server with 3 Technisat Skystar USB tuners for satellite television streaming. Before i used a raspberry pi 2 but because of limitations with its ethernet bandwith i went to odroid c2. System is now armbian with self compiled vdr with vnsi plugin, both out of git repo. System runs fine but after some hours (8h) a sporadic failure occurs and (USB?) system becomes unusable, To get the 3 dvb-s2 tuners running i increased the urb pool (USB request block) with kernel parameter "coherent_pool=6M" in boot.ini. I calculated that every of all 3 instances of driver needs about 512kB of USB buffer memory, without the option the first inst…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
With our Current moving to 5.7, anyone building it themselves should report anything missing/new/different/wanted here. Le Potato La Frite NanoPi K2 ODROID C2 VIM 1 USB OK OK OK OK OK REBOOT NOK OK OK NOK NOK SOUND OK OK OK OK OK HDMI OK OK OK OK OK Onboard Wi…
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 13.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am using: Armbian_5.14_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_3.14.71 I am a bit stumped....if I run with 3 network interfaces, everything is fine. If I add a fourth interface...the system locks up...even if the 3rd and 4th interface have no ip address. They just need to be live! I have tried 4 drastically different interfaces in case the device driver can't handle it. Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?? THank you!
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. I tried the steps, but my Mecool KIII pro don't run using default conf extlinux.conf: label Armbian_community kernel /Image initrd /uInitrd fdtdir /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxm-mecool-kiii-pro.dtb append root=UUID=3bc7a8b8-73ee-4ade-9030-f3fa965fc27e rootflags=data=writeback console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 rw no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles But I need choose (unofficial) label Armbian-unofficial kernel /Image initrd /uInitrd fdtdir /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxm-mecool-kiii-pro.dtb #Insert the correct FDT line for your b…
-
hi, i recently created a game that i would like to install over 905x3 tv box, i would like to protect it from copy. is there a way to encrypt the whole ROM without the need of any external hardware or password to be entered each reboot ? tv box launch directly into the game and every possible way to interact with linux is disabled (keyboard, usb, lan) and i only need to encrypt the ROM to make the game more resistent in some extent to copy. i read about encrypted bootloader but i'm not sure if that is what i need. can i only encrypt the game bin with a key that is protected inside the 905x3 ? (beside cpuid as it seem easy to reverse). …
-
It seems the Armbian test image for the NanoPi-K2 only works on an SD card. At least mine doesn't seem to boot when I put it on the 8GB eMMC module. Is there an eMMC armbian image for the NanoPi-K2 or is there something I need to do to get the existing image to boot on the eMMC module?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear all, I have a strage problem here with handling large files and I ran out of ideas. System: Odroid C4 (running from SD-card) OS: 5.7.15-meson64 #20.08 SMP PREEMPT PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)" Attached to the system are a few USB disks: 3x 8TB, 1x 4TB, 1x 3TB, 1x 2TB All filesystems: ext4 (except the remote NAS filesystem, which is ZFS - see below) 3 of these disks are encrypted via truecrypt 7.1 On the 3 TB disk (ext4, unencrypted) there is a zipped dd-image of a harddisk. That file has about 760 GB size Now I tried to copy this file to a different location…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
did a clean install of Armbian_5.21_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_3.14.79.img when i today apt-get upgrade to Armbian 5.23 the same problem occured on the eMMC after rebooting the system 2 times. did the same install on a micro-sd card 1 UHS no problem :S it appears to happen every time on a Armbian version upgrade. Please HELP! upgrade log eMMC: apt-get upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Calculating upgrade... Done The following packages will be upgraded: armbian-firmware hostapd linux-dtb-odroidc2 linux-headers-odroidc2 linux-image-odroidc2 linux-jessie-root-odroidc2 linux-u-boot-odroidc2…
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 10.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hello, Recently I have discovered bug in kernel or maybe iptables with using Huawei E3372h LTE Hi-Link USB dongle (or maybe other devices which exposes HTTP interfaces over cdc_ether). Odroid enters into kernel panic and reboot. I am using ARMBIAN 5.85 stable Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.19.42-meson64. kernel:[ 60.801868] Internal error: Oops: 96000004 [#1] PREEMPT SMP The steps to recreate the bug: 1) disable or remove NetworkManager, use only IPv4, 2) set network interfaces in /etc/network/interfaces source /etc/network/interfaces.d/* auto lo iface lo inet loopback auto eth0 allow-hotplug eth0 iface eth0 inet static address 1…
-
I finnaly found it on google Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gVU-iGhoYALZNok6RMkUzWg0BhXTrWCt/view?usp=drive_link
-
Hi I'm wondering why chromium is missing from the ODroid C2 image when taking the non-desktop image and then adding the necessary packages to get a minimal X working? Planning to just build it from source, but wondering why it was missing from the core armbian distro? Is there a reason?
-
Hi everyone, thanks at first for all the efforts to maintain downloadable Armbian images. However, I am currently unable to execute a mainline Linux kernel, packaged as a .deb, that comes from the Armbian repositories. The current situation: Successfully tried Xenial default image (Kernel 3.14). Upgraded to next (Kernel 4.13.10.7), C2 board won't boot. Successfully tried Stretch next image (Kernel 4.13.5.7). Upgraded to next (Kernel 4.13.10.7), C2 board won't boot. Tried Stretch next nightly (Kernel 4.13.10.7), C2 board won't boot. Also tried the dev images from the beta repository, C2 board won't boot. (Besides I am aware of t…
-
Are there any images for the C1? The archive download link is broken.
-
Reputation Points
- 20 replies
- 15k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have created a branch for amlogic device mainline u-boot, I have successfully booted le potato now, it took some small adjustments to support the 2015 boot script. Anyone wishing to try this use LIB_TAG="meson64-uboot" Next steps: use a proper boot script to take advantage of armbianEnv.txt and bring Le Potato to modernity. using C2 as pattern bring up mainline support for K2
-
When I start the OS for the first time, the cursor is not visible, either at the command line or in the nano editor. I'm running the HDMI output through a HDMI->VGA adapter, which is then fed into my KVM along with the mouse and keyboard. The monitor is capable of 1920x1200, and it all works fine except for the cursor not being visible. I've tried various escape codes, etc. Nano never displays a cursor. When I log in via SSH the cursor is plainly visible. I'm trying to configure the WiFi, which doesn't seem to want to work if the ethernet is connected, so I'm stuck at the tty terminal. Any suggestions?
-
I've installed Armbian on a Odroid C4 board (running with emmc storage & connected to the orginal power supply). After a few hours or days, the board crashes & throws an error unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 000000000002e82e2... See https://pasteboard.co/NjIo5L6UR0Px.jpg for the complete error message System diagnosis information is uploaded to https://paste.armbian.com/aqahepelav
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
# uname -a Linux odroidc4 6.6.63-current-meson64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 22 14:38:37 UTC 2024 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux Installed latest "Armbian_24.11.1_Odroidc4_noble_current_6.6.60-kisak.img" ...with latest sudo apt update; sudo apt upgrade, rebooted... Hardware: - Odroid-C4 - Sabrent USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA Adapter; Model: EC-SSHD with latest firmware patch, connected to a Kingston SSD: SA400S37480G # dmesg -l emerg,alert,crit,err [ 0.879290] meson-drm ff900000.vpu: DSI transceiver device is disabled [ 3.402246] systemd[1]: Failed to start systemd-sysctl.service - Apply Kernel Variables. [ 4.327154] panfrost ffe40000.…
-
Still trying to get the wireless working... Followed directions here, and during the "make ARCH=arm64", I get the following: compilation terminated. scripts/Makefile.build:308: recipe for target '/Downloads/WiFi/rtl8192cu-fixes/core/rtw_cmd.o' failed make[2]: *** [/Downloads/WiFi/rtl8192cu-fixes/core/rtw_cmd.o] Error 1 Makefile:1278: recipe for target '_module_/Downloads/WiFi/rtl8192cu-fixes' failed make[1]: *** [_module_/Downloads/WiFi/rtl8192cu-fixes] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-3.14.73-odroidc2' Makefile:584: recipe for target 'modules' failed make: *** [modules] Error 2 Now what???
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3k views
-
-
After update the firefox does not run making the image for odroid c2 more or less useless...