Odroid XU4
| Download Armbian OS images: | Provide logs: |
| Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu. |
Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.
|
233 topics in this forum
-
OK, so while documenting the Armbian patch process I needed something actual to patch. I added gpio-line-names to the device tree, so now all lines are defined. Once I finish the documentation I'll PR this patch. No more guessing what physical pin is! At some point it might make sense to put in jumper and physical pin #. Spoiler gpioinfo gpiochip0 - 8 lines: line 0: "GPY7.0" unused input active-high line 1: "GPY7.1" unused input active-high line 2: "GPY7.2" unused input active-high line 3: "GPY7.3" unused input active-high line 4: "GPY7.4" unused input active-high …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi! my nextcloud instance on an odroid hc2 running armbian has been running stable and smoothly for several months now. Thanks Igor and the whole armbian team! I have one question though: Task: I convert videos with ffmpeg to reduce file size and optimize them for streaming observed behaviour: the CPU is getting very hot! In the evening up to 100 °C (see below), but at noon I have seen temperatures of up to 115 °C! I read somewhere that 110 °C is the critical temperature for the board and the stock hardkernel image has an emergency shutdown implemented. But my board running armbian seems to be negligent of this. On a side no…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Today I wanted to upgrade from jessie to stretch, I'm following this website. After changing the word jessie to stretch in /etc/apt/sources.list and in every file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* I noticed that changing the omv-extras-org.list from: # OMV-Extras.org deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus jessie main # OMV-Extras.org Testing deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus-testing jessie main to # # OMV-Extras.org deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus stretch main # OMV-Extras.org Testing deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus-testing stre…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.5k views
-
-
Hi, I lose hdmi output if I unplug the hdmi cable and plug it again .. I can still access the odroid via ssh.. Any help is greatly appreciated !
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everybody, I'm very new to the topic 'armbian' and yet excited. Just played with the BananaPi and downloaded the distro from the first link I got (light/mainline I think). Now I have bought an Odroid XU4 and want to build a Home-Server / NAS with it, wondering which distro to choose. Of course without the heavy-load desktop, but (xenial) next oder default? Thank you. Regards AXEL
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I already posted the question in the Odroid forum. I decided to post it here too since it may be more inherent to the Armbian OS. I used both Armbian_23.02.3_Odroidxu4_bullseye_current_5.4.239.img from the odroidxu4 archive and Armbian-unofficial_23.11.0-trunk_Odroidxu4_bullseye_current_6.1.63 generated from the Armbian build script. (Base CLI Image). After flashing the former image and then installing OMV6, this is the output that OMV6 gives me when installing the openmediavault-wireguard plugin: Spoiler Reading package lists... Building dependency tree... Reading state information... The following additional packages will be in…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, forgive me if this has been answered. I've done my fair share of searching. Booting from sdcard works perfectly, but when I run "nand-sata-install" I get the following errors during the "cleanup" phase: sed: can't read /mnt/nand-sata-install.OIQgMo/bootfs/boot/boot.cmd: No such file or directory sed: can't read /mnt/nand-sata-install.OIQgMo/bootfs/boot/boot.cmd: No such file or directory Error while creating U-Boot loader image with mkimage grep: /mnt/nand-sata-install.OIQgMo/bootfs/boot/armbianEnv.txt: No such file or directory Even I though I run "update emmc special partition" successfully, the odroid appears to end up in a boot loop afterwards.…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys, this is something that I would like to achieve if feasible. I remember that other OS like "RetroPie Arena" support GPU acceleration, thanks. Any documentation to read? Thanks! 🙏
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Greetings, As the subject says... CEC not detected in kernel, cec-client throws errors, nothing I tried worked. root@odroidxu4:~# uname -a Linux odroidxu4 5.4.239-odroidxu4 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 16 15:52:54 UTC 2023 armv7l GNU/Linux root@odroidxu4:~# cec-client -l libCEC version: 6.0.2, compiled on Linux-4.19.0-14-armmp-lpae ... , features: P8_USB, DRM, P8_detect, randr, Exynos, Linux, AOCEC Found devices: 1 device: 1 com port: Linux vendor id: 0000 product id: 0000 firmware version: 0 type: Linux root@odroidxu4:~# cec-client No device type …
-
Hi, gotta ask a question Recently I just reinstalled all my XU4 based server from scratch. Brand new armbian Bullseye with OMV on top installed via armbian-config Then I noticed as seem bellow that half the cores (the low power ones) are idling, even when the system is fully under load on the high power cores The cores are enabled in the /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuX/online files So the question is "what's wrong"? I don't have prints but I remember all the cores working before Thanks in advance Will
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Greetings, I am trying to install zoneminder into the most recent, updated and upgraded Buster Armbian image on an Odroid XU4, but libmp4v2-2 is required, and doesn't exist in any repository that I can find. Where may I find an Armbian-Buster-compatible libmp4v2-2, please?
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, my surveillance webcam stopped working after upgrade to 4.19.14. But only on my HC2. On my other H3-Deviceses, it's working well. System diagnosis information -> http://ix.io/1yko Linux 35708-HC2 4.19.14-odroidxu4 #5.70 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 12 18:34:04 CET 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux Error message: root@35708-HC2:~# sudo mjpg_streamer -i "/usr/local/lib/input_uvc.so -d /dev/video0 -n -r 800x600 -f 30" -o "/usr/local/lib/output_http.so -n -w /usr/local/www -p 8080" MJPG Streamer Version: svn rev: 3:172M i: Using V4L2 device.: /dev/video0 i: Desired Resolution: 800 x 600 i: Frames Per Second.: 30 i: Format...........…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I've got since several days an issue with armbian-truncate-logs. I received mail alerts from cron as this one, error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log.hdd/mysql/mysql.log /var/log.hdd/mysql/mysql-slow.log +/var/log.hdd/mysql/mariadb-slow.log /var/log.hdd/mysql/error.log ' error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log.hdd/nginx/*.log ' How to debug that? Laurent
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
hi, I am VERY happy with how 4.9 is running odroid-xu4. as i use it as media server and player wanted to see if i could get latencies (poitential) down by applying latest RT patches that are in line with current xu4-next kernel sources. added pathes to userpatches/kernel/odoirdxu4-next directory, build process went fine, have selected FULL-RT but it does not boot (final image) source: https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/tre ... dxu4-4.9.y rt-patches: https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel ... ts/rt/4.9/ it compiles ok but it does not boot ... has anyone looked at what the issue might be ? i don't have serial debuigger yet, have ordered bu…
-
Title says it all. "_amd64" and "_arm64" are in the apt repository "_armhf" is missing.
-
Am getting very interested in Armbian for a classroom server project and am experiencing an odd problem. Certain web pages in Firefox will cause the hd to 'click' loudly, then the desktop icon disappears and the whole system locks up for about 20 seconds until the desktop icon reappears then everything seems fine again. I have not been able to pin down what is happening because it's inconsistent which pages cause the problem. (viewing the preview for this post caused it to happen.) Might go an hour, might happen several times in a few minutes. Right now my plan is to start from scratch a new Armbian install because I did to some messing…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.2k views
-
-
Odroid XU4 / Armbian 22.02 Bullseye USB3 sata drive gets randomly disconnected: (every 8 hours or so when constantly reading / writing) [44676.709229] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] tag#24 uas_eh_abort_handler 0 uas-tag 1 inflight: CMD IN [44676.709252] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] tag#24 CDB: opcode=0x28 28 00 49 a5 1b d8 00 00 08 00 [44681.728962] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.8.auto: xHCI host not responding to stop endpoint command. [44681.749158] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.8.auto: xHCI host controller not responding, assume dead [44681.749210] usb 4-1.2: cmd cmplt err -108 [44681.749509] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.8.auto: HC died; cleaning up [44681.749696] usb 3-1: USB disconnect, device numbe…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Armbian Bookworm 25.8.1. (minimal) Odroid XU4 with 32GB eMMc After lots of searching and trying 2017 Hardkernel solutions and github etc - And this forum suggestions - I could never get get it to boot. I think this is partly because things have changed since 2016/17. I did not have my eMMc on an usb adapter. Just installed, brand new (untouched from China) eMMc and a imaage install on MicroSD of Armbian. The method I believed should work was "armbian-install". But, it had errors while using mkpartimage. I put debug statements in the script and found the particular instance of invoking mkpartimage. Actually the issue is; 2 files…
-
Hello, few days ago I did apt upgrade of my armbian system on Odroid HC2 and there was a reboot req cause of new kernel, so I did reboot it. It wont boot with this error (sorry for missing letters, my LCD is not able to reposition the screen output, attached usb kbd is not working, dont know why, so I just took a pict by my phone): h to partitions #0, OK is current device ing mmc 0:1... /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf eving file: /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf ytes read in 2 ms (149.4 KiB/s) Armbian eving file: /boot/uInitrd 776 bytes read in 782 ms (20.2 MiB/s) eving file: /boot/Image d to load '/boot/Image' ing Armbian for failure retrieving kernel T FAILED: con…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Looking at various Docker images on Docker Hub, I see images for armv6, armv7, and armhf. Which are the right ones to use on an XU4/HC2?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, i saw a post regarding ZFS > zfs What is the current state of ZFS support? Is it a stable to run ZFS as FS for root fs only on SD card (16-32GB)? I need that for an easy backup on FS level using send/rec commands. But as we know xu4 is 32bit only - > maybe problem with stability - stability 32bit official solution but for rpi4 Or maybe is there a point to use zfs for root fs at all? what about LMV? thanks
-
Hi - is it possible to install linux-headers from repositories on the XU4, so that DKMS builds of wifi adapters will work properly? I'd like to have DKMS handle rebuilding the driver for my RTL-8812au based wNICs on the XU4, as it does on my x86-64 devices. Thank you!
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, Version 5.4.0-odroidxu4 #19.11.3.342 If I use this command: sudo swapoff -a sudo swapon -a Swap switch off, but not on again. Only after reboot, swap is on again. regards ThomasD
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
after installing armbian on my odroid-xu4-box and about one hour later the screen was going black. But I was not able to get back the running X-Session. So I rebootet as first and as next step I disabled the xdg-screensaver to off, but with no succes - the screen goes black again and neither a moving of the mouse nor a touch the keyboard brings the screan back to activity. So - now what can I do here ? The same behavior appears, if I switch off the screen, if I wanna make a pause for some times. After controlling the xdg-screensaver status I get "off". So it seems, that no screensver is active and running. Which process produces this behavior ? Hope anyone …
-
i installed the xu4 server (legacy) for debian jessie and get no output on the hdmi/dvi connected display. what is meant by "Serial console enabled" in the description? thank you for producing armbian for odroid xu4! i like the board - it is fast! andrew
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4k views
-
-
Linux 2b8e 4.14.150-odroidxu4 #2 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 28 08:07:45 CET 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux DB 10.5 updates and upgraded High everybody AAMOE the starting procedure brings very often a new address for local use. As XU4 should be reachable by some other machines automatcally withour searching seconds an seconds I wonder if DHCP6 could help, when searching takes too much time and they already do have fixed IPv6 adresses and DHCP is disgusting. So, how the IPv6 ist made in Armbian? TIA
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I've copied the image of the Debian Jessie Server Legacy 3.10.105 to my 32Gb eMMC with DD (previously was on Android). See attachment for the final result (gParted). Does it sound OK? What is this 4Mb unallocated at the beginning? I tried to boot it but my XU4 only has its blue light lightened up (was blinking when the eMMC was on Android). There is nothing displayed when I plug the HDMI to my TV. I must have missed something... Regards!
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4k views
-
-
Hi! I'm attempting to activate FS-Cache on a HC2 with a 512GB SSD. I want to cache reads from other servers with NFS shares using mechanical HDDs over GbE. I run PLEX on the HC2 with SSD and the media is stored on other HC2s running OMV, with big mechanical HDDs. I figure that I can use a good chunk of the SSD to reduce the network traffic and the HDD use. I successfully use FS-Cache on a Ubuntu 18.04 laptop, together with autofs. But when I attempt to start FS-Cache on my HC2 with Bionic Armbian I get: Oct 17 23:25:34 ctrl systemd[1]: Starting LSB: CacheFiles daemon... Oct 17 23:25:34 ctrl cachefilesd[11217]: * Starting FilesCache d…
-
Hi, I want to try out my Odroid HC2 as an openvpn client. I don't expect great performance but I want to make sure I set it up correctly. This is why I want to ask if anyone can give any recommendations or tweaks for using it as an openvpn client. Idk much about openvpn, I know it uses openssl for de and encryption. Is there a way to use hardware de and encryption so I can speed things up and have a better download speed via openvpn? Or is hw de/encryption maybe already used by default if I just install openvpn package? Any recommendations on how to correctly set this up are appreciated.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I've several Odroid HC1 boards (forming a kubernetes cluster of 8 nodes) currently running Armbian Buster Minimal image. I would like to upgrade the cluster (node by node) to Armbian Bullseye Minimal but I faced the following issue when I tried to reinstall the 1st node: - Used image: https://mirrors.dotsrc.org/armbian-dl/odroidxu4/archive/Armbian_23.02.1_Odroidxu4_bullseye_current_5.4.232_minimal.img.xz - Image flashed on SD card using BalenaEtcher - SD card plugged into the board + power up --> the OS is not booting (and not answering to ping) Here are the different tries I did: - I've tried to flash the image several t…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, my Odroid HC2 was working flawlessly for years but since 1-2 weeks it keeps crashing/freezing and I don't know why. If I cut power and repower it, it works fine for a while but then trying to reach it via ssh, or accessing the harddrive via smb share, or opening a webinterface fails. I checked the microsd card with armbianmonitor -c "$HOME" and it showed it's fine. I can only provide the logs: https://paste.armbian.com/cibowaquyi and hope someone can check them and reply 🙏. I don't know what to look for in the logs that could be wrong... One last thing I noticed, after I ssh to it amongst other things I'm greeted with this: RX today: Erro…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hey Can anyone confirm the problem with under-clocking in Odroid HC1/HC2/XU4 with Kernel 4.19.14 / Armbian 5.70? I could always reach 2000/1500Mhz without a problem. Currently, after the last Armbian update from 5.60 to 5.70, I noticed a strange behavior that Odroid does not want to reach full clocks. With cpufrequtils min 600 max 2000 and "performance" and clocks do not want to go higher than 1800/1300Mhz temperature cpu 45.0 ° C. No changes just last updates nothing more was touched. After returning to 5.60 and 4.14.69 the CPU runs normally at 2000/1500 .... I also have the impression that HDD sometimes behaves strangely at 5.70 / 4.19.14 …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. I freshly installed bullseye from the other supported variant links for an odroid XU4. When trying to get docker daemon running, it looked like the ip_tables module and br_netfilter modules weren't available in the kernel. I think I have sorted out ip_tables (modprobe doesn't return any problems now), but docker's daemon is still showing a problem when running dockerd (with debug level info in the daemon.json file): Running modprobe bridge br_netfilter failed with message: modprobe: WARNING: Module bridge not found in directory /lib/modules/5.19.10-armmp-lpae When executing systemctl status docker.service ... …
-
As far as I can see on odroid wiki for the lcd and fan enabling the links leads to ubuntu files. I want to install latest armbian for odroid xu4q board and omv5 so I'm wondering if I can use these files or do I need some other files to enable lcd and fan on cloudshell2 + odroid xu4q and armbian?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, My Hard Drive in my HC2 is not found or not readable. Before I was on Armbian Buster with Kernel 4.14 and everything was working fine. I switched and am now running Armbian Focal 21.05.2 with Kernel 5.4.116 . HDD is btrfs formatted. /proc/filesystems lists btrfs so this is not the problem. /dev/sda exists, but sda will not be listed when I lsblk. Dmesg shows a Read Capacity(16) failed. Not posting the whole dmesg log b/c armbianmonitor is attached. Grateful for any help or hints =)
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
After latest upgrade 21.05.01 apt says linux-buster-root-current-odroidxu4 is obsolete now and could be removed with autoremove. But even this version was installed with same upgrade, so i wonder why it should be removed now? Should i really remove that package? Thx
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I use an Odroid XU with Armbian and Webmin as a NAS drive. I have 6 hard drives (GPT format) connected. Under an old Linux version I was able to put the hard drives into standby with /etc/ rc.local (hdparm -S). Since I started running the system with Armbian, standby no longer works. A query via hdparm says "Standby", but the disks are still spinning. Am I fundamentally doing something wrong? Thank you!
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Is it possible to transfer the entire Armbian system from SD card to HDD? ... it is known that the SD card has a lower endurance than such a HDD dist (write, read etc.) I tried to transfer the system in such a way that I first upgraded the kernel to the newest one on the SD card and then moved the system files to a partition on the HDD: mount /dev/sda1 /mnt time tar --one-file-system -cpf - / | (cd /mnt && tar -xpf -) then knowing the sda1 partition information and ID lsblk -f then knowing the sda1 partition information and ID I changed the UUID / HDD number in two locations nano /boot/boot.ini and nano /etc/fstab after rebooting…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I am interested in getting an Odriod-HC2 to use as a small LXD host to run a couple services that require decent hard disk size and performance. Does the headless jessie or ubuntu 4.14 images support or already include LXD? P.S.; I tried to search for this but did not see a question asked.
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Hi, please, which core are You using on odroid HC2? I am running on HC2 only openmediavault, but i will try nextcloud in the docker - which core image is better for?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hello, during ansible-fact-gathering following errors are logged. no instability has been noticed. uname -a Linux nas 4.9.46-odroidxu4 #10 SMP PREEMPT Fri Sep 1 05:29:13 PDT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux Sep 06 15:02:36 nas ansible-setup[28480]: Invoked with filter=* gather_subset=['all'] fact_path=/etc/ansible/facts.d gather_timeout=10 Sep 06 15:02:37 nas kernel: Unhandled fault: asynchronous external abort (0x1211) at 0x00000000 Sep 06 15:02:37 nas kernel: pgd = e69ccc80 Sep 06 15:02:37 nas kernel: [00000000] *pgd=42c04003, *pmd=00000000 Sep 06 15:02:37 nas kernel: Unhandled fault: asynchronous external abort (0x1211) at 0x00000000 Sep 06 15:02:37 nas kernel: pg…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Using Armbian_25.8.1_Odroidxu4_noble_current_6.6.102.img I can boot off SD. Then when I run nand-sata-install it sharts and comes up with initramfs prompt. I'll try to fix it there next time, but I'm just using a 3.5" SATA laptop disk with USB controller. .oading, please wait.. .tarting systemd-udevd version 255.4-1ubuntu0.11 .begin: Loading essential drivers ... done. .begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... done. .begin: Mounting root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ... done. .begin: Running /scripts/local-premount ... done. .begin: Waiting for root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done. done. Save up waiting for root…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 3.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I recently hooked up my XU4 to a DVD/CD Enclosure, essentially just SATA to USB, and am having an issue mounting the drive. After researching online it seems this is a filesystem issue. So, I was wondering if anybody else has encountered this problem, and if so, how did you fix it? Thanks Armbian: Image: Armbian_5.37_Odroidxu4_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.9.71_desktop.7z Kernel: [default] 4.9.61-odroidxu4 #2 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 22 16:34:23 CET 2017 Errors: # mount -t iso9660 /dev/sr0 /media/ceru/cdrom mount: /dev/sr0 is write-protected, mounting read-only mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sr0, missing co…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi there, I'd like to understand the best way to handle updates on Armbian… My OS is: odroid ) uname -a Linux odroidxu4 5.4.225-odroidxu4 #22.11.1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 30 10:55:16 UTC 2022 armv7l GNU/Linux odroid ) lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Debian Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) Release: 11 Codename: bullseye And APT says: The following packages have been kept back: linux-dtb-current-odroidxu4 linux-headers-current-odroidxu4 linux-image-current-odroidxu4 linux-u-boot-odroidxu4-current The habits tell me to update however the experience taught that I could breaking somethin…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
abm.tar.gz
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.7k views
-
-
Hi all! I am running a nextcloud server on an odroid HC2 and a 4 TB WD red HDD. So far, so good (thanks again @Igor for the quick help with the kernel downgrade!). And since I have bought the sbc recently, I do not seem to have the older firmware version with the HDD "emergency power down" bug, i.e. I haven't heard clacking sound from the HC2. Today, I set HDD spindown to 1 hour via hdparm (wd red does not support apm) because the HDD would spin down after about three minutes on its own. The HDD does not seem to apply these settings, so I installed smartmontools to check the HDD in general. Only to find that: smartctl -a /dev/sdb1 gives this…
-
I recently installed:Armbian_25.2.1_Odroidxu4_bookworm_current_6.6.75_minimal.img on my Odroid HC2. Ran the configuration. I'm currently trying to resolve an issue with warm booting and losing the hard drive. I've read this: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=44865 on the Odriod forum. And this: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/15611-odroid-hc1-and-kernel-54-soft-reset-makes-the-sata-drive-disappear/ here JMCC said: Just curious if this still applies today with that build of Armbian? Also if the solution of changing the boot.ini is still valid today to fix the soft reset error? …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
OK, OK, OK, OK No problems! :-) Just experience. Mine. My XU4 is connected to VU7 Plus, nice. charming. The startscreen when starting from a very beginning: The letters are really very small. The VU7 is adjusted to 1200x720 but it is 1024x768 Adjusting the size of the letters one should have some experience in doing that. Also in setting the keyboard. I don't have good experience without DHCP on XU4. Also not with IPv6 for the server doesn't support IPv6. (ADSL-Modem :->) https://wiki.odroid.com/accessory/emmc/recovery_xu4 is very good No problems. Working with Configuration utility one can get lost without reading th…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I installed a Debian Jessie on an Odroid HC1, and trying to connect an encrypted disk to it via USB. blkid lists the device: # blkid /dev/sdb1: UUID="2288876d-0fe8-4b5a-b7d1-1660df8b2e25" TYPE="crypto_LUKS" PARTUUID="c8895b7f-01" but when I try to open it with luksOpen: # cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdb1 sdb1_crypted Enter passphrase for /dev/sda1: After entering the passphrase (and Enter), it hangs. The SSH connection times out after 1-2 minutes (where to enlarge?) and there is no HDMI on the HC1, so I am left blind. The disk was created and used in another system and worked perfectly on a Raspberry PI and my Linux PC. I created a key file and added…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Guys, how can I install Mali's X11 userspace driver for desktop, web browser and video hardware acceleration Thanks in advance.
-
So I wanted to set up an Odroid XU4 as a low-power low-cost NAS and "seedbox" for a personal project, and I wanted to have a GUI that doesn't take too many resources (or spin the fan too much) due to the fact that qBittorrent can't run as a thin client, and I don't want to have to use a WebUI, nor do I want to use a different client (Transmission frequently has security issues, and Deluge is a bit too resource-intensive). I'm currently using the XU4 headless, and only have it hooked up to LAN, so it's a bit difficult to tell what's going on at system initialisation, and since I'm controlling the device through SSH, I'm unable to manually start X11 after booting and l…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I froze kernel to Linux 4.14.222-odroidxu4 as my Odroid-HC1 couldn't be sometime reach with ssh when updating kernel. I get that after reboot and doing apt update, N: Ignoring file '02-armbian-periodic.distrib' in directory '/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension This file is apparently created again as I remove it each time. Laurent
-
Hello, my OMV installation on Odroid HC1 is currently at kernel 4.14.111 which is a bit outdated now. Looking at the build config [1], the kernel is fetched from hardkernel [2] which is currently at 4.14.127. What needs to happen to bring the kernel up-to-date? I have been doing packaging for Fedora for quite a while now so I am happy to help if needed. [1] https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/sources/odroidxu4.conf [2] https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/tree/odroidxu4-4.14.y
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
So I have this issue with the XU4, where at times when I start device from the main power button, it doesn't seem to properly connect to the LAN, in such a way that I cannot ssh to it, nor ping it. Since the device is headless, and I can't control it through LAN, I have no way of looking at dmesg during the problematic boots. Are there specific logs I could look at to diagnose this problem?
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
After switching from Debian Buster (installed via Petitboot) to Armbian, I have problems with NFS on Openmediavault that didn't exist the weeks before. My NFS streams abort after a few minutes, sometimes seconds (on Libreelec as well as Kodi for Windows). In OMV it shows me that the service is enabled and running, but systemctl says: nfs-server.service loaded active exited. With exportfs -rav it runs again, only to stop after a few minutes. It also works without command if I wait a few minutes. I also did a fresh install of Armbian, wich did nothing.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've tried nand-sata-install on Armbian_22.05.3_Odroidxu4_jammy_current_5.4.199.img and Armbian_22.05.3_Odroidxu4_focal_current_5.4.199.img. Right at the end of running nand-sata-install there's an error. If I try to install anything after nand-sata-install it will hang or the SSD will go into read only mode. To be safe I tested various SD cards and USB to SATA controllers. sed: can't read /boot/boot.cmd: No such file or directory sed: can't read /boot/boot.cmd: No such file or directory Error while creating U-Boot loader image with mkimage umount: /mnt/nand-sata-install.wwpusQ/bootfs: not mounted.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I had to roll back and use apt hold on the 2 corresponding packages to remain on the "good" LTS kernel 5.4.253 that supports fstrim on extremely popular Crucial SSDs that support it. It's impossible to get the maintainer Joe to reply. Is there a triage way to have someone contact him and make him aware of this issue? I have zero complaints about his work, but SATA TRIM commands are a must have on SBCs that have drive bays. It dramatically increases lifetime of NAND based storage devices. Please tell me what to do. I found filing a simple bug report would be counter productive as I want to investigate why later Kernels are either compiled without …
-
Dear All, I don't have much experience with the eMMC, and I wonder if I can flash this image: Armbian_22.11.1_Odroidxu4_bullseye_current_5.4.225.img.xz directly into the eMMC through Etcher, or do you recommend DD instead? Thanks... 🙏
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, hope you're all doing well. I have this Odroid HC2 (XU4 without video output) that was running an old Armbian version. I intended to update to the latest one (o something close to it) but it seems it won't boot with the newer releases. The board seems to power up ok, leds apparently blinking in a normal fashion, but it seems it gets stuck somewhere. It doesn't acquire any IP address. Not having video output leaves me with little to no way of knowing what is failing. No logs seem to be created in the sdcard. I also tried DietPi images, which I believe are based on Armbian but the same thing happens. I does, howe…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am a noob on Linux (unfortunately). I run a Xu4 with armbian on it. On the Xu4 i run Domoticz, my home automation system. Something is eating my hdd space; a fixed amount is used up every hour. I set up a new system with a bigger sd but I want to get to the bottom of the issue. I do not know how I can see what the Xu4 does every hour. Perhaps a log or a backup? Perhaps my OS is doing something, or perhaps my Home automation. I do not run any script to make periodic backups or anything else like that. How can I figure it out? Thanks!
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I have been running Armbian Buster on an Odroid HC1 for a while but today one upgrade is held back: The following packages have been kept back: libc-dev-bin 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 31 not upgraded. This is why: $ sudo apt install libc-dev-bin Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required: linux-libc-dev Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove it. Recommended packages: manpages manpages-dev The following packages will be REMOVED: armbian-config build-essential g++ g++-8 libc6-dev libstdc++-8-dev…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.5k views
-
-
Hi! my odroid HC2 is running pretty great on armbian 5.90 for >1,5 years (24/7) now. Running a nextcloud instance, with decent perfomance, even when clocked to 600/1200 Mhz in the summer, because of one (1) crash, that I think might have been heat-related. The thing I'm wondering about: in htop, it shows only ( .LITTLE) cores for eight lines, but the cpu is a (.big.LITTLE) architecture and my other HC2 sbc, which runs armbian 20.02.7, show "(.big.LITTLE)" in htop. Perfomance in sysbench is equal on both boards, so this might mean nothing, but it still seemed strange to me. Anyone knows why htop only shows "( .LITTLE)" cores?
-
Hi All, I might need your help with one issue I've encountered. I'm running debian with the 4.9.20 kernel on an Odroid XU4 board. I've compiled the kernel with the options for AppArmor enabled. The installed AppArmor version is the 2.10.95 (auditd is also installed in version 1:2.4-1+b1). ## Kernel Options ## CONFIG_SECURITY=y CONFIG_SECURITYFS=y CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR=y CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR_BOOTPARAM_VALUE=1 CONFIG_DEFAULT_SECURITY_APPARMOR=y CONFIG_DEFAULT_SECURITY="apparmor" CONFIG_SECCOMP=y CONFIG_SECCOMP_FILTER=y CONFIG_AUDIT=y ## ## AppArmor itself is working without any issues. If I set…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.4k views
-
-
yo guys, not sure how to fix this one, so i keep getting an adittional IP on my ethernet interface while i assigned it to static... tried to assign static conf with the armbian-config thing and by editing the /etc/network file. my dhcp is the stock ISP router network. never had this problem before, even when using other images from diferent distros. also sudo armbianmonitor -u gives me this error System diagnosis information will now be uploaded to /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 859: [: -gt: unary operator expected
-
Hi, On Odroid HC1 512GB SSD with Armbian_20.02.1_Odroidxu4_stretch_legacy_4.14.170 I've got great SSD SATA samba write speed - 110 MB/s! But I have poor only 35MB/s on Armbian_20.02.1_Odroidxu4_buster_current_5.4.19_minimal With Armbian_20.02.1_Odroidxu4_bullseye_current_5.4.19 I have the same poor 35MB/s speed. I've done three identical installations using my checklist: Spoiler #Armbian install on Odroid HC1 # Flash Armbian_<>.img #Upgrade apt update apt upgrade #Move rootfs to SSD # Make rootfs partition fdisk /dev/sda # Make filesystems …
-
I just got a new XU4 and I tried to run both the official ubuntu 18.04 image with linux 4.14 and the armbian stretch 4.14 image (both minimal). I can hear a constant electrical squeaky noise (similar to noise from certain power supplies, usb chargers, etc) coming from the XU4 when running Armbian. The same noise is not present in the Ubuntu image. This occurs immediately after first boot (no additional configuration) and is constantly there. This is especially noticeable when the fan is off. Has anyone experienced this before?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Just doing maintenance tonight on my boxen, regular `apt upgrade && apt update` on ODROID-XU4 and I noticed Debian upgraded to latest kernel (5.8 or whatever). I go look in boot and notice `uInitrd' is pointing at the new Debian version (instead of Armbian version): drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Nov 15 19:53 . drwxr-xr-x 22 root root 4096 Nov 15 19:50 .. -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 65 Nov 15 19:28 armbianEnv.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1536 Jun 4 15:24 armbian_first_run.txt.template -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 38518 Jun 4 15:24 boot.bmp -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4882 Jun 4 15:24 boot-desktop.png -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 12479 Jun 4 …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Is there a repository with older Armbian images available? I'm looking to install OMV6 on my Odroid HC1 (XU4), when I get Armbian Bookworm installed OMV scripts says to use Buster or Bullseye, but I cannot find an Armbian Bullseye image anywhere. I'm not super proficient with Linux (I know enough to get myself in trouble) so compiling my own image is not something I think I can do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Edit: Nevermind...I'm an idiot...didn't notice the GIANT button for Archived Images. Apologies. Thanks, Robert
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I do not use my HC2 for a while. Now I have issue to boot it up. I have download image ubuntu 18.04.3 from official odroid wiki link and during first boot blue led is blinking in heart beat rate forever, I was trying 18.04.1 and first boot run smooth, leds turn off and only red is on, but after reset I can not see my odroid in my network (I used two different cables to check if any is broken). Earlier when I was using it there was no problems.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I was wondering if there is a build of Armbian for the Odroid xu4 with a more recent Linux version. I currently have 3.10. It is super old ... Thanks in advance
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I’m relatively new to Armbian, have been running it with XU4 for couple of months. Otherwise working very well, but there’s occational (once a month) full system hang/crash or something. This is a remote server with constant load (video surveillance) and when it happens, all connectivity is of course lost and I think it can be only resolved locally with full power cycle. I’ve not yet tried to attach HDMI monitor when it’s in the crashed state, but will do it next time. Although not very optimistic if that works at all. There are nothing obvious in the logs, or it might be that I don’t know where to look. Are there any general advice what to do, how to figure this out?…
-
Hi! recently bought a HC2 from hardkernel to migrate my nextcloud from a raspberry pi 3b. HDD is a WD red 4 TB. armbian stretch with the 4.19 kernel, downloaded from armbian.com (Armbian_5.69_Odroidxu4_Debian_stretch_next_4.19.14). My problem: after boot (sudo reboot now or sudo shutdown -r), no possibility to login, i.e. angryip scanner doesn't show the hc2, putty times out when trying to connect. All LEDs are lit or pulsate respectively. I have to physically disconnect the power supply and reboot, then I can easily login. This is probably not very healthy for the hdd (or the sd card..., although with the ro option and zram, not much is being writ…
-
Estoy perdido, despues de buscar y buscar soluciones, soy nuevo en este foro. He probado xu4fan, fancontrol, incluso un script que está en este foro, y no puedo iniciar el ventilador con armbian, ni siquiera puedo hacer que el ventilador se mueva. he intentado esto PUNTO_VIAJE_0=25000 PUNTO_VIAJE_1=30000 PUNTO_VIAJE_2=40000 echo $TRIP_POINT_0 > /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_0_temp$ echo $TRIP_POINT_0 > /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone1/trip_point_0_temp$ echo $TRIP_POINT_0 > /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone2/trip_point_0_temp $ echo $TRIP_POINT_0 > /sys/…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
$ systemctl status ● henry State: degraded Jobs: 0 queued Failed: 1 units Since: Sat 2022-12-03 10:19:04 GMT; 24h ago $ systemctl list-units --failed UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION ● logrotate.service loaded failed failed Rotate log files $ journalctl -u logrotate.service Journal file /var/log/journal/c87d7c4913d949949100f089ec48b092/system.journal is truncated, ignoring file. -- Journal begins at Sun 2022-12-04 00:00:06 GMT, ends at Sun 2022-12-04 10:33:57 GMT. -- Dec 04 00:00:06 henry armbian-ramlog[2714]: /usr/lib/armbian/armbian-ramlog: line 153: /var/log/./journal-20220019-00:00:05/c8> Dec 04 00:…
-
I have an xu4 board with armbian stretch(4.14.141-odroidxu4) and omv installed. I ran a script to transfer system to usb SSD. When i try to reboot the system (from cmd or omv webgui) the system just shuts down and is not started again. What could be the reason for this behaviour.
-
I have an array of HC2's running lizardfs. The other units are running 5.4.72-odroidxu4 kernels, but I dared to upgrade one to 5.8.16-odroidxu4 Only this one unit threw a Since the other units didn't I show anything in their logs, I have to assume it isn't because a process running away or a memory leak. line of fstab to mount the spinning rust drive: UUID=be95e207-1768-4fd9-bda9-ddc126a47d50 /chunks/be95e207-1768-4fd9-bda9-ddc126a47d50 xfs rw,noexec,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,largeio,inode64 0 2 Can't think of any additional info that would be useful. If someone has suggestions, i would be interested.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
If I boot my Odroid XU4 without the HDMI cable connected, my HDMI display does not work. If I boot with the HDMI cable and monitor connected, the HDMI display works fine even if it is disconnected and reconnected. I am running debian buster. deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main contrib non-free I have compared the dmesg output from when HDMI works and does not work and do not see a difference. In case it helps, here are all of the dmesg lines with HDMI in them. root@odroidxu4:~# grep -i hdmi dmesg_hdmi_works_usb_hdmi_plugged_in_at_boot.txt [ 0.000000] Kernel command line: console=ttySAC2,115200n8 console=tty1 co…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Just using ubuntu and want to change to ambian ASAP
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've just installed the default desktop image, flashed directly to my emmc using etcher. Everything seems to work ok, as far as I can tell. Using the date command, it has my local time as correct, but the clock in the taskbar or whatever its called at the top of the screen is about 6 hours ahead (gmt). How do I correct this? Also, how do I verify that video acceleration is functioning or not? How do I adjust the cpu freq gov and what is the default? I looked in the boot.ini file, but it says to set the environment variables in a file named /boot/armbianEnv.txt . This file doesnt exist, so I assume I'm just to touch it and then copy over the li…
-
So I tried switching my MMIO GPIO to /dev/gpiomem from /dev/mem and it doesn't appear to support the GPZ block https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/hardware/expansion_connectors#con_11_-_2x6_pins The address is 0x03860000. Hard Kernel's wiringPi doesn't seem to support this either. Should this be a question I ask Hard Kernel folks? https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/software/gpio_register_map
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I really like the OS but notice that while operating the fan never turns on. It does spin when first powered up but never after that while running. Is there something additional i need to add to get the fan to operate? Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I know it is unsupported and all, but I just want to point out that running Ubuntu Focal(2020/05/03) with kernel 5.6 on Odroid MC1 has been destroying microSD cards. The board boots up fine, but after an apt-get update and a few minutes in, the Sandisk microSD card died and becomes read-only. I'm not sure if it is vendor-dependent, but I have tried out two new Sandisk microSD cards and they all turned read-only. This might be a kernel issue since on Debian Buster with kernel 5.4 or kernel 4.14 that never happened.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I am running Armbian on four HardKernel HC2's and everything is working perfectly. The four SBC's are running a Moosefs cluster running Ubuntu 18.04 and Armbian 5.85, and this leads to my questions: I am trying to decide whether to upgrade as apt is proposing moving to 5.89 The change log does not currently list 5.89 and shows 5.87 as the newest. Am I missing something? When I look at previous change logs it is difficult to decipher which fixes impact the HC2/HC1/XU4. Is there an easy way to tell? How do you decide when to upgrade? Is it even worth upgrading when running more mature boards like this one? My boards run insi…
-
Hello, I have updated my Odroid HC1 to 26.2.1 - just the kernel, u-boot and such. I have been running a self-built 6.6.128 prior so kernel version itself is unlikely the issue. After rebooting, my SATA drive seems dead - no partitions are detected, only the main sda device. This is what the journal said before: Mar 05 15:51:31 kernel: usb 4-1: new SuperSpeed USB device number 2 using xhci-hcd Mar 05 15:51:31 kernel: usb 4-1: New USB device found, idVendor=152d, idProduct=0578, bcdDevice=31.02 Mar 05 15:51:31 kernel: usb 4-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3 Mar 05 15:51:31 kernel: usb 4-1: Product: USB to ATA/ATAPI Bridge Mar 05 15:5…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi .. I try to upgrade to latest armbian. I run now bionic Only when i do sudo apt-get-dist-upgrade i get no upgrade options. I was thinking i need to chage somewhere in setting something with tls. Only... So i cannot find a wiki or a other good working how to. So please can some help me to get my xu4 update tot latest version.. Or give me a good wiki or a working how to. Thanks!!
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, Thank to look at following link about my last 5.0.2 standard kernel on HC1 with some issues https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=34237
-
Newbie question I would like to clone a hdd to a new ssd without reinstalling the system. What are the ways to do it on my Odroid-HC1 running Armbian Stretch with boot partition on a SD card? Thanks
-
Hey guys! I am running Armbian 22.05.3 on my Odroid XU4. Very happy with it. I just installed linux-image-edge-odroidxu4 (kernel 5.17) and rebooted. Everything hunky dory. However, once I'm on 5.17 I am unable to reboot by using the 'reboot' or 'shutdown -r now' commands, which worked on the default 5.4 kernel. Is this a known issue? Any hints on how to debug or any known workarounds? Thank you
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
Hi all, I wanted to do some cross arch builds on my newly installed Armbian on an Odroid-HC1 buuut, it seems binfmt_misc support is not enabled in the kernel. Can I enable it somehow without recompiling the kernel? Thank you for this great image, kernel 5.4, omg!
-
-
Hi, i have odroid HC2 with up-to-date armbian (kernel 4.something - i am not at home, i do not remember its version) I have issues with samba speed - before last minority update it was 115/110 MB/s (read/write) now it is 100/90 with cifs mount in arch linux and 60/60 in Windows 10. Cables, router - everything is untact and still the same cpu governor is on demand, samba is installed over OMV, htop shows max 10%, ram the same where can be the problem?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A recent check of failed services showed me that following service failed: systemd-update-utmp-runlevel.service Checking via journalctl I see this: Failed to write utmp record: No space left on device So far I understood it has to do with the space for the logs being full, I can delete logs to make place. My question is, how could I have that done by default in an easy way? The message itself doesn't bother my that much but I guess there are no new logs created if there's no space which isn't ideal.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
I just installed latest Jammy on XU-4 and it was running fine off SD. Then I did nand-sata-install and you can see below what happened. This used to work fine with older versions. sudo hdparm -Tt /dev/sda /dev/sda: Timing cached reads: 2 MB in 5.54 seconds = 369.48 kB/sec Timing buffered disk reads: 2 MB in 10.33 seconds = 198.19 kB/sec
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone, I'm wondering if is possible to include in future releases of the Armbian Kernels these options: CONFIG_NETLABEL CONFIG_MPTCP CONFIG_NET_VRF CONFIG_OF_UNITTEST CONFIG_OF_DYNAMIC CONFIG_OF_OVERLAY CONFIG_INET_MPTCP_DIAG CONFIG_MPLS_ROUTING CONFIG_MPLS_IPTUNNEL CONFIG_NLMON CONFIG_NET_VRF CONFIG_GTP CONFIG_GENEVE CONFIG_IPVTAP CONFIG_IFB I'm playing around with my Odroid XU4 and I notice that I'm missing such options and drivers compiled in the Kernel. As an example Debian has these options enabled by default. In my case I created a script that is gett…
-
Hi, I get this error message on armbian / omv 4 to mail: "run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/armbian-ram-logging exited with return code 1" Does anyone have a solution?
-
Spoiler [58531.860637] lowmem_reserve[]: 0 0 0 [58531.860654] Normal: 56*4kB (H) 44*8kB (H) 48*16kB (H) 37*32kB (H) 14*64kB (H) 1*128kB (H) 0*256kB 0*512kB 0*1024kB 0*2048kB 0*4096kB = 3552kB [58531.860733] HighMem: 27*4kB (UM) 42*8kB (C) 1*16kB (C) 0*32kB 0*64kB 0*128kB 0*256kB 0*512kB 0*1024kB 0*2048kB 0*4096kB = 460kB [58531.860786] 304403 total pagecache pages [58531.860790] 15267 pages in swap cache [58531.860794] Swap cache stats: add 382457, delete 367190, find 125239/202183 [58531.860798] Free swap = 1630472kB [58531.860801] Total swap = 2097148kB [58531.860805] 518656 pages RAM [58531.860809] 322048 pages HighMem/MovableOnly [58531.860813] 8201 pages re…
-
I used the Armbian 24.11.1 Bookworm Minimal / IOT Image from https://www.armbian.com/odroid-xu4/. When i checked the boot messages with journalctl -b, then i can see the message -> "system vulnerable" Later i can read the message "Spectre BHB: enabling loop workaround for all CPUs". Is this a fix for the first warning message, or is my system vulnerable? Dec 16 20:32:58 odroidxu4 kernel: smp: Bringing up secondary CPUs ... Dec 16 20:32:58 odroidxu4 kernel: CPU1: thread -1, cpu 1, socket 1, mpidr 80000101 Dec 16 20:32:58 odroidxu4 kernel: CPU2: thread -1, cpu 2, socket 1, mpidr 80000102 Dec 16 20:32:58 odroidxu4 kernel: CPU3: thread -1, cpu 3, …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/apt.armbian.com_dists_jessie_jessie-utils_binary-armhf_Packages.gz is not what the server reported 5780 5784 W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/httpredir.debian.org_debian_dists_jessie-backports_main_binary-armhf_Packages.gz is not what the server reported 1122303 1123712 Get this when first doing apt update after fresh install. HC1 Jesse. I assumed at first it was network error, but this is consistent. Have downloaded and checksummed successful. Assumed then it was the SD card, replaced and have now tried several. Power supply is solid. I believe the hardware and bandwidth / router are fine. Simply repeat ap…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I can't pinpoint the cause of the freeze exactly, but it shows as follows in syslog: At midnight, logrotate was started but never successfully concluded. At the time, I was also recording a stream via smb to the hdd. (Not a very demanding activity) When I tried to access the SBC via network share or ssh this morning, neither would show as available. The SBC was running but "dead". When I rebooted it by re-plugging power, instead of showing ~9:00 o'clock, the SBCs internal clock showed 02:17. Here are the last messages of the syslog before the SBC locked up: I should note that the SBC has been running 24/7 stable for weeks. …
-
Try to upgrade from 25.5.1 but base-files not present in repository. Missed again. @Igor can you fix it?