Rockchip
Community maintained Rockchip boards
1626 topics in this forum
-
Hi, I'm new to armbian and I've started with RockPi4b board. I would like to add fan control with PWM, but adding pwm (or pwm0) overlay doesn't work. I can't also find the overlay for it at /boot/dtb-5.8.6-rockchip64/rockchip/overlay/. Is it supported? I've checked and the /sys/class/pwm/pwmchip0 is present, but accessing export, as described here : doesn't work and /sys/class/pwm/pwmchip0/pwm0 is not present. I've tried to find pwm access examples for this board, but none of it works on armbian (all are vendor builds specific). Can anybody point me in the right direction or give any hint how to enable pwm? EDIT…
-
Reputation Points
- 20 replies
- 19.6k views
- 5 followers
-
-
I own a CM3588 NAS board from FriendlyElec. The eMMC drive was factory-installed with the FriendlyElec version of OpenMediaVault, and any other FriendlyElec or Armbian image could be booted from an SD card. After installing the current version of Armbian OpenMediaVault (Debian 12 Bookworm - Armbian Linux v6.1 Build Date: Mar 6, 2025) on eMMC and updating bootloader via armbian-config (option Boot from eMMC + system on eMMC), nothing else can be booted from the SD card except Armbian images. Please, is there a simple way to fix bootloader back to original option of booting FriendlyElec images from SD card without having to erase entire eMMC drive? Boot from SD …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Hi, I try to get my NanoPC-T4 a second life. Therefore I want to (re-) install Armbian but I'm stuck Andi don't know why. I uses USBFlasher to flash the minimal Armbian on it (tried compressed and uncompressed) but the green blinking light indicates me, that he found no bootable device. I tried different images as well. Also differen SD cards, even DietPi image, always the same. The only thing which runs instant is one of the eflasher Images of FriendlyARM. I also tried to change the image that the eflasher writes to the eMMC (by copy the uncompressed .img file to the SD card and renamed it to armbian.raw and changed the config file as the wiki said)…
-
Hi, it seem that Armbian_community_25.5.0-trunk.185_Orangepi5-max build break the HDMI output, in gnome and bookworm. I try to boot the two with SD card. existing sytem that make an apt upgrade, the 185 also seem to broke all the system. regards,
-
hello guys, i hawe question, my device: orangepi 3b 8gb OS: 1.0.6 Jammy with Linux 5.10.160-rockchip-rk356x 3.3V → 3.3V → PIN 1 GND → GND → PIN 6 SCK → SPI SCK → PIN 23 MOSI → SPI MOSI → PIN 19 MISO → SPI MISO → PIN 21 SDA → CS → SPI CE0 → PIN 24 =========================== /boot/orangepiEnv.txt ``` verbosity=1 bootlogo=true extraargs=cma=128M overlay_prefix=rk356x rootdev=UUID=4b3309b6-9bbe-431d-8609-82360b5b6154 rootfstype=ext4 overlays=spi3-m0-cs0-spidev spi3-m0-cs1-spidev ``` orangepi@orangepi3b:~$ ls /dev/spidev* /dev/spidev3.0 …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have the latest revision of the armsom sige 5. This board has an updated Wi-Fi chip set. It was changed from RTL wireless to a Broadcom chip connecting to the rk3576 with SDIO 3.0. I grabbed the latest Armbian image and it appears in the device tree It is still referencing the RTL Wi-Fi device. has anyone encountered this and found a solution? Or has gotten Wi-Fi working? I’ve attached the device tree. sige5.dts
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.4k views
-
-
Helios64 network activity light no longer flashes (always off). I have one ethernet cable attached to eth0 and enabled. Otherwise eth0 is working fine Helios64 is rebooted each 24 hours. If I echo "1" to /sys/class/leds/helios64:blue:net/brightness then LED lights up OK. Contents of /sys/class/leds/helios64:blue:net/trigger [none] usb-gadget usb-host kbd-scrolllock kbd-numlock kbd-capslock kbd-kanalock kbd-shiftlock kbd-altgrlock kbd-ctrllock kbd-altlock kbd-shiftllock kbd-shiftrlock kbd-ctrlllock kbd-ctrlrlock usbport disk-activity disk-read disk-write ide-disk mtd nand-disk heartbeat cpu cpu0 cpu1 cpu2 cpu3 cpu4 cpu5 acti…
-
Reputation Points
- 18 replies
- 8.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Has anyone activated the ov13855 camera on Orange Pi 5 (kernel 6.1.x)? If so, can you share your experience?
-
Has anyone managed to get Armbian on Orange Pi 5(b) output audio through the 3.5mm jack? The device seems to be recognised, but even after fiddling with everything imaginable through alsamixer, with speaker-test running in the background, I am unable to actually get any sound out. HDMI audio works without any problems. ChatGPT thinks it has something to do with GPIO routings not being properly set up. I'm running Armbian 25.2.3 noble (through `apt-get dist-upgrade`; I had to first install an older version from the archives to avoid bricking when installing on the eMMC). $ aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** c…
-
Hello, This is more informative. I saw the following news: https://www.armbian.com/newsflash/armbian-v25-2/ After seeing that you fixed USB3, I decided to update. For me, USB3 is not working. Stopped working and rngd If any additional information is needed, I will share.
-
Hello, I'm new to Armbian and SoC/ARM devices but I've installed Armbian on the device before, however after tinkering around with RKDevTool and installing FriendlyELEC images on it through USB I'm now unable to boot from SD Card. I've done the "EraseAll" procedure under unbricking method https://wiki.friendlyelec.com/wiki/index.php/CM3588#Windows_Users however it didn't help. I've tried two SD Cards and I have no idea what else I can do. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything useful on google. The error is: "Gave up waiting for root file system device." "ALERT! UUID=602525b7-ed9f-43f7-91b0-1dc4e67b44bf does not exist. Dropping to a shell!" When…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello friends, Has anyone here successfully activated the I2S pins for connecting a DAC? According to the official documentation, the PCM functionality should be available on physical pins 12 (GPIO4_A6), 35 (GPIO3_C2), 38 (GPIO3_C0), and 40 (GPIO3_B7) of the GPIO header. I've tried many options - in the DTS overlay I've enabled various I2S variants starting from "i2s0_8ch" up to "i2s9_8ch", including different "pinctrl" m[0-1] variants like "i2s1m0" or "i2s1m1", and alternatively "i2s2m0" or "i2s2m1", but I've never managed to get ALT3 mode on the mentioned pins (I assume I2S function = ALT3 mode). In certain combinations, I can at leas…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.3k views
-
-
I’m using an Android TV Box X96 X6. Right now, I want to find a way to install Armbian on it, but I haven’t been able to figure it out yet. I’d appreciate any help or guidance from the community.
-
Hi I'm trying to use Armbian with Orange pi 5 Ultra. So far so good The hdmirx is working great! I'm not able to control my gpio pins with PWM in equivalent to orange pi 5 ultra image. I guess that i need to load additional overlays, Am I correct? Please review the armbian logs here: https://paste.next.armbian.com/nekodihico I also noticed that pin numbers were changed if I compare it to the Orange pi OS. Thanks in advance!
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 7.8k views
-
-
Hello, people. I have an Orange Pi 5 MAX, Is there any image for this board? I'm tying Armbian_25.2.3_Uefi-arm64_bookworm_current_6.12.20_xfce_desktop, but I don't know is it's the proper version. I will appreciate any help or indication. Greetings from Argentina PS The form requires tags, but I only can select the tag "solved", that's wrong, itś not solved. I don´t know how to add tags
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a rock 5c headless server running debian minimal with kernel 6.12.20. It runs fine for my use case, but the fan runs at full speed by default. I can manually set different fan speeds in /sys/devices/platform/pwm-fan/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1 I have selected 'fanctrl' in armbian-config, but this does not reduce the default speed of the fan. I noticed that there are some recent patches published here and here, I assume these patches are there to deal with the fan control deficiency? Could these patches either a) be applied to the rock 5c dts file that comes with the armbian image or b) perhaps it is better to create a user defined ove…
-
I did upgrade my NanoPi-R6C and see that there are no overlays in the linux-image-6.14.0-edge-rockchip64 Debian package; they were there in 6.14.0-rc4-edge-rockchip64 So there is no folder: /usr/lib/linux-image-6.14.0-edge-rockchip64/rockchip/overlay Is this on purpose or some mistake?
-
Can someone explain the purpose of the different kernels available in the Armbian repos and Armbian Github? linux-image-legacy-media/bookworm 24.5.1 arm64 Armbian Linux legacy kernel image 5.10.110-legacy-media linux-image-current-media/bookworm 24.5.1 arm64 Armbian Linux current kernel image 6.1.92-current-media linux-image-current-rockchip64/bookworm 25.2.3 arm64 Armbian Linux current kernel image 6.12.19-current-rockchip64 The linux-image-legacy-media and linux-image-current-media kernels are on BSP kernel versions 5.10 and 6.1. But aren't suffixed with the vendor name, which is typically done for BSP kernels. The linux-image-current…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 11.4k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I've a set of Orange Pi 5 Max boards, all of them mounting fast NVME units. My plan was to use micro SD card to host the OS, but delegate all intensive writing (log, tmp) to a special partition on the NVME unit which will be used for OS and Application data (both for performance, and to extend the lifetime of the SD card). That way I can flash the OS disk as needed without worrying about flashing the data disk with it. I've seen that Armbian uses zram by default, but I'd like to keep the entire RAM available for the applications that will be running in the boards (NVME should be fast enough to not notice a massive impact vs using the RAM). As I have seen disab…
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 5.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, Thank you very much for the community support of Odroid M2. The latest release 25.5.0-trunk.256 works great, boot without any error messages. Only rolling release is available for now, but that doesn't matter. I would just like to ask for support on two issues: 1. monitor connection via USB-DP is not working - I don't know what is needed to make this connection work 2. some tree-overlay drivers specific to Odroid are missing - I mainly miss the ability to connect display-Vu8S (via MIPI-DSIdisplay_vu8s.dts). Source codes can be obtained directly from kardkernel images, but it is not in my power to compile them for armbian. best rega…
-
Radxa's github page indicates that the aic8800 wifi modules were updated a while ago to facilitate use with kernels 6.12 and 6.13. I don't see that the aic8800-sdio-dkms_3.0+ module works on the Rock 3c, in spite of the latest update. See my dkms build log below. The net result is no wifi on the Rock 3c with current Armbian kernels. @amazingfate - I noticed that you worked on these modules in the past, would you be able to assist? DKMS make.log for aic8800-sdio-3.0+git20240327.3561b08f-3 for kernel 6.12.17-current-rockchip64 (aarch64) Fri 7 Mar 09:54:35 GMT 2025 make: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-6.12.17-current-rockchip64'…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 12.5k views
-
-
Hello, I need to develop a new camera driver. I've already done a big part, but now I've faced with issue: [ 92.374493] rkisp rkisp-vir0: link validation failed for 'rockchip-csi2-dphy0':1 -> 'rkisp-csi-subdev':0, error -32 I know, that basically right, as dhy0 has sink pad, and my subdev has only source pad. But I don't know how to change the sides, or avoid it to link in such order. I've already spent a lot of time on this and still no luck. Do you have any ideas on how to avoid it linking in such order?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The images Debian Bookworm "Minimal/IOT images with Armbian Linux v6.12" generate what I understand is bad partition information. Once flashed to the SD card, the partition won't be recognised by Linux hinted by the message "couldn't find valid filesystem superblock", therefore they can't be mounted. The desktop image is fine though and the partitions generated after flashing into the SD card are recognised by the "disks" application. I've also tried with the Ubuntu-rockchip image which also generates correct/mountable partition information. I've tested this for the minimal images for OrangePi Max as well as OrangePi 5 Plus. The images were flashed with…
-
Hello everyone, I'm trying to add a new custom driver (written in .c) to my Ubuntu system running on an Orange Pi 5 Max with Armbian. Could anyone please assist me with the process? I'd appreciate any guidance or step-by-step instructions. Thank you! P.S. I am new in Linux The driver
-
I updated my Rock-5b after a few months, but the latest edge kernel doesn't boot. Getting this on bootup: [ 38.709046] rockchip-pm-domain fd8d8000.power-management:power-controller: failed to get ack on domain 'gpu', val=0xaffff [ 38.710010] SError Interrupt on CPU5, code 0x00000000be000411 -- SError [ 38.710013] CPU: 5 UID: 0 PID: 449 Comm: (udev-worker) Tainted: G C 6.14.0-rc7-edge-rockchip64 #1 [ 38.710017] Tainted: [C]=CRAP [ 38.710018] Hardware name: Radxa ROCK 5B (DT) [ 38.710019] pstate: 404000c9 (nZcv daIF +PAN -UAO -TCO -DIT -SSBS BTYPE=--) [ 38.710021] pc : _raw_spin_lock_irqsave+0x38/0x8c [ 38.710027] lr : regmap_lock_s…
-
I was in the middle of assessing which new firmware to use on a set of OrangePi 5 Max, since the future of Joshua Riek's one is uncertain, and after installing the corresponding Armbian release I was welcomed with a notorious message warning me not to use it in production. I understand that it's community maintained, but is it really unsafe to use for production projects? Since Armbian seems to be the most popular distribution I wanted to double check before moving on to the next.
-
Hello, I am implementing booting animation to my source using plymouth without systemd when i run plymouthd it is showing logs like plymouthd --debug 00:00:22.972 ../../plymouth-0.9.5/src/main.c:1945:initialize_environment : initializing minimal work environment 00:00:22.972 ../../plymouth-0.9.5/src/main.c:1957:initialize_environment : checking if '/dev/tty1' exists 00:00:22.973 ../../plymouth-0.9.5/src/main.c:1823:check_verbosity : checking if tracing should be enabled 00:00:22.974 ../../../plymouth-0.9.5/src/libply/ply-utils.c:910:ply_get_ker: opening /proc/cmdline 00:00:22.975 ../../../plymouth-0.9.5/src/libply/ply-utils.…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
is there anyway to enable 1-wire, SPI3, and I2C3 interfaces? I have a hard time to deal with the overlay, but noting seems to be working.
-
Hi I have spent couple of days to enable the SPI3 (the only SPI that has been routed to the 40-pin header) on Rock3A, but no success. I am trying to enable SPI3M1C0 with following pins on my Rock 3A GPIO4_C2 (CLK), GPIO4_C3 (MOSI), GPIO4_C5 (MISO), and GPIO4_C6 (CS0). I am out of idea, try different overlays but still not able to enable them. I used this overlay from this repo https://github.com/radxa/overlays/blob/main/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/overlays/rk3568-spi3-m1-cs0-spidev.dts I expect to see “/dev/spidev3.0” but nothing appeared. I have already added 2 overlays, 1 for 1-wire, and the other for I2C, and they are worki…
-
Hello, friends... The current MIPI DSI driver provided by Rockchip Inc. in older U-Boot versions (v2023 and earlier) is not compatible with U-Boot’s uclass subsystems.(a waste of time if you want to develop). I have done extensive research and made modifications to several files to make it work with the latest U-Boot versions. I have tested it with U-Boot 2023.10, 2024.10 and v2025.rc3 on orange pi 4 lts, and it works perfectly. I'm attaching the necessary files for those who need them. This u-boot driver is nearly identical to Rockchip's Linux kernel driver, uses same driver file but there some limitations because of u-boot system, bu…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm using a Rock 5 ITX and noticed after installing the latest rk35xx kernel image (6.1.84-vendor-rk35xx) that my system wasn't booting. So I connected to the debug console and observed a kernel oops being emitted. It dumps out a few pages of data, but the initial messages and call trace are: I have all the hex data if someone would use it but it doesn't seem worth including here. The boot flounders around in systemd for a bit but never gets to a login prompt - and I'm not that savvy with uboot to enter single user mode or otherwise dig in more. So I reinstalled from nothing, upgraded all my packages (including the vendor-rk35xx kernel), …
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 6.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello Armbian Team, I am experiencing some difficulties with my Orange Pi 5 Ultra. Currently, there is no Armbian distribution available for this board. Although official Debian/Ubuntu images are provided on the Orange Pi website, none of them include the latest NPU driver (RKNPU 0.9.8). Since Orange Pi 5 Ultra has hardware similarities with Orange Pi 5 Max, I was wondering if it would be possible to release an Armbian version for this board as well. An official Armbian release would be highly beneficial for developers and users who require a stable and optimized OS for this hardware. Would it be possible to consider adding support for Oran…
-
Hello. I'm looking for a PREEMPT_RT patch for your linux-rockchip kernel. I've tried to apply an rt101 patch for 5.10.209 (branch rk-5.10-rkr8), but it has so many differences (especially, scheduler-related)... I've spend a lot of time resolving the conflicts manually but my kernel keeps crashing on start. Please, help me...
-
I have an orange pi 5b running Armbian_24.2.1_Orangepi5_bookworm_legacy_5.10.160_cinnamon_desktop on EMMC just fine. i wanted to try a newer version with hardware acceleration so i tried Armbian_24.11.2_Orangepi5_bookworm_current_6.12.0_cinnamon-backported-mesa_desktop. I edited the file in the boot folder and could see the EMMC on reboot. i did a sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade. then an armbian-install to install it to the EMMC. it would not boot from the EMMC but i could at least still see it. Then i tried Armbian_24.11.2_Orangepi5_bookworm_vendor_6.1.75_cinnamon-backported-mesa_desktop and did the same but now i cant see the EMMC even with the ori…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, is is possible to port the kahdas-edge2 changes (https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/6335) to the OrangePi 5b device tree?
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 5.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I installed the new image Desktop images with Armbian Linux v6.12 (Build Date: Mar 6, 2025) on the Orange Pi 5 Max. It can boot up (button light is red and there is feedback in keyboard), but no output on hdmi. As nothing can be seen on screen, cannot proceed anymore. I would like someone try this build and see if they can success. Thank you.
-
Hi everyone! I got a Radxa E25 network computer with two 2.5GBit ethernet ports. The first one is coming up, the second one, however, does not. After comparing to the Debian Bullseye image by Radxa, I figured they don't bring the second port up either but for a different reason. Finally, I found a release on Radxa's Github that brings up both ports. I'll give you the output of that one and the Armbian and the Radxa E25 Bullseye images marked accordingly. The three images are: "b1 (rsdk)", "radxa-e25_bullseye_cli_b1.output.img.xz", works, source: https://github.com/radxa-build/radxa-e25/releases Radxa E25 B…
-
Using Image "Armbian_community_25.5.0-trunk.185_Orangepi5-max_bookworm_current_6.12.17_minimal.img.xz" on orange pi 5 max, the fan connected to the designated 1.25mm pwm fan connector won't do anything at all regardless of the cpu load. Just to verify the connector was fine I tested the same on the same board with the same fan, using orange pi's image "Orangepi5max_1.0.0_ubuntu_jammy_server_linux5.10.160" and the fan worked fine under cpu stress.
-
CAUTION: This content is provided "as is," without warranties or guarantees, and the user assumes responsibility for any consequences, including data loss, system failure, or damages, whether direct or indirect. This is just a few hints how I persuaded mine helios64 to run stable with armbian 24.11 and linux 6.12.1-edge. I have been stressing it several days now and haven't encountered any issue/crash/kernel oopsie. 1) created custom device tree with higher cpu voltage: big cores up to 1800Mhz@1.3V small cores up to 1400Mhz@1.15V also the clock-latency-ns was bumped from 40000 to 50000 2) set up the cpufrequtils ser…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Hello I want to disable console on /dev/ttyS2 on a Radxa ROCK 4C+ running rock@rockpi-4cplus:/boot$ cat /etc/os-release | grep -v URL PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 25.5.0-trunk.40 noble" NAME="Ubuntu" VERSION_ID="24.04" VERSION="24.04 LTS (Noble Numbat)" VERSION_CODENAME=noble ID=ubuntu ID_LIKE=debian UBUNTU_CODENAME=noble LOGO="armbian-logo" ARMBIAN_PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 25.5.0-trunk.40 noble" There are posts and other information out there. For instance: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Fine-Tuning/#how-to-toggle-boot-output which leads to http://redsymbol.net/linux-kernel-boot-parameters/ rock@rockpi-4cplus:/boot$ grep console armbianEnv.txt cons…
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 6.6k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I installed the Desktop images with Armbian Linux v6.1 (Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble), build Date: Feb 20, 2025), found that Chrome does not exist. Then I used the Synaptic Package Manager to install it, but the following error appeared: Firefox also not work nor cannot update. If anyone experencied the same? Thanks.
-
Hello everyone, I recently completed the installation on my OrangePi 3B, and while everything went smoothly during the process, I am currently facing an issue with the audio output. No sound is coming through the HDMI connection. No sound is coming through the 3.5mm audio jack either. I haven't added any images because there are no error messages, just no sound at all. Has anyone else encountered this problem or found a solution? I'd appreciate any tips or guidance on how to resolve this.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
After kernel version 6.12.6, the overlay to enable SATA on the PCie is not included in the build anymore. So https://github.com/armbian/linux-rockchip/pull/237/commits/5bdf4a4243e6c149290cdd2c8f5a7d1a1946670e is not effective anymore. The existing .dts can be compiled and works with kernel 6.12.10-current-rockchip64 and 6.13.0-edge-rockchip64, but then NVMe is not enabled. From Rock3A schematics and RK3568 datasheet I see that there is no reason that it could not work as the NVMe is on independent PCIe 3x2 lanes in the M.2 M-key connector. PCIe 2x1 lane meant for WiFi/SATA is on E-key connector. It looks like 'entity PCIe is mixed up' somehow.…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 10.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm using Orange Pi 5 Plus, I've updated to latest by apt upgrade but seems to be stuck on old version as you can see 25.2.2 but kernel is still 6.1.75 : # uname -a Linux abeure 6.1.75-vendor-rk35xx #1 SMP Wed Aug 21 11:45:59 UTC 2024 aarch64 GNU/Linux # cat /var/log/apt/history.log Start-Date: 2025-02-25 01:00:39 Commandline: /usr/bin/unattended-upgrade Upgrade: armbian-firmware:arm64 (25.2.1, 25.2.2) End-Date: 2025-02-25 01:00:42 Start-Date: 2025-02-25 01:01:10 Commandline: /usr/bin/unattended-upgrade Upgrade: linux-u-boot-orangepi5-plus-vendor:arm64 (24.11.1, 25.2.2) End-Date: 2025-02-25 01:01:11 Latest version https://www.armbian.com/…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 7.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi thanks for this excellent device wished it was not sold out and had hdmi though X-D https://dwaves.de/2024/12/24/test-review-benchmark-armbian-gnu-linux-on-rockpi-e-rk3588-armv8-no-gpu-but-desktop-via-x11vnc-and-xvfb-how-to-download-run-geekbench-v5-v6-arm-x86-out-of-ram-fixed-risc-v-faster/ https://shop.allnetchina.cn/products/copy-of-rock-pi-e?variant=31974543425638 but it's possible to run full desktop virtualized installed https://www.armbian.com/rockpie/ running fine and dandy until one fine day, thought about, let's upgrade this thing: after: apt update apt upgrade reboot only 1x nic s…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.4k views
-
-
Rockchip has released bsp kernel 5.10 for rk356x and rk3588. Since multimedia support is not fully supported by mainline kernel, a legacy kernel would be good if you want h264/hevc hardware decode. To make kodi support hardware decoding, you need: 1, ffmpeg supporting rkmpp. I've packaged it in my ppa: https://launchpad.net/~liujianfeng1994/+archive/ubuntu/rockchip-multimedia, which is based on the patch from https://github.com/JeffyCN/FFmpeg/. 2, kodi built with gles render system, which is also in my ppa 3, a gpu driver supporting gles. For rk356x you can use mainline panfrost driver. For rk3588 you can use panfork-mesa from my ppa: https://launchpad…
-
Reputation Points
- 40 replies
- 36.9k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Happy New Year for all, My old Samsung Monitor stopped working some days ago, and I dont know if it will be fixed, so I decided to buy a new LG 27'' Monitor. My Zorin OS and Windows on X64, Raspbian and Ubuntu On Raspberry PIs are working properly. But booting Armbian - Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble) on "Orange PI 5" and "Orange PI 5 Plus" My New monitor refuses to show any image (only black screen). "Orange PI OS XFCE" on "Orange PI 5" is OK on my new monitor. I took a litle look at boot files but I didn't find anything to fix this problem. Any idea to solve this problem??? Thanks, C…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 7.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hello, Today after an apt update, apt upgrade, my orange pi max 5 goes to armbian 2.5.0 trunk 187 with vendor kernel 6.1.99 but i loose the wifi (ethernet still work) any idea how to solve this ? regards,
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.8k views
-
-
There is a uwe5621ds WiFi module on my rk3576 development board. I burned the system image of armsom-cm5-io. After booting, calling the modprobe sprdwl_ng command will encounter the following kernel pannic [ 71.088504] Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000000001d0 [ 71.089376] Mem abort info: [ 71.089655] ESR = 0x0000000096000004 [ 71.090002] EC = 0x25: DABT (current EL), IL = 32 bits [ 71.090490] SET = 0, FnV = 0 [ 71.090784] EA = 0, S1PTW = 0 [ 71.091069] FSC = 0x04: level 0 translation fault [ 71.091509] Data abort info: [ 71.091772] ISV = 0, ISS = 0x00000004 [ 71.092147] CM = 0, WnR = 0 [ 71…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.7k views
-
-
Hello, I was wondering if the recent update fixed the problem with the lack of gpu support in the OP5 Pro. Thanks in advance.
-
Nanopi Neo 3 is typically offered in 1GB or 2GB DDR4 RAM versions, but the RK3328 datasheet says the RK3328 can support up to 4GB If I were to source 2x 2GB of the supported types could I resolder to increase RAM? Official product page : https://www.friendlyelec.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=279 RK3328 Datasheet : https://rockchip.fr/RK3328 datasheet V1.2.pdf Neo3 Schematic : https://wiki.friendlyelec.com/wiki/images/a/ae/NanoPi-NEO3-2005-Schematic.pdf could anybody identify the chipname of the 2GB DDR 4 ram on the board?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
Hello everyone, I am new to this so please forgive my eventual mistake. I have a Rock 4 SE with Armbian Linux 6.12.13-current-rockchip64 (bookworm) for Rockpi 4B (because there is not a special version for SE it re-commanded to use 4B). And I try to use the CSI port to connect a Camera Raspberry Pi V2.1. And I does not work, I have tried to add different value to the overlay in /boot/armbianEnv.txt like overlays=rockchip-csi csi or imx219 with a reboot each time, but it doesn't seem to work. Looking around, it seems like there is a lot of issue with csi camera and rock 4 with armbian (and sometime other os). But none seems to have…
-
I found my Helis64 unresponsive after about a week or so. Even heartbeat LED is not blinking (permanently on). I see this repeating on the serial console [495778.879711] rcu: rcu_preempt kthread timer wakeup didn't happen for 5324533 jiffies! g9706925 f0x2 RCU_GP_WAIT_FQS(5) ->state=0x200 [495778.880747] rcu: Possible timer handling issue on cpu=3 timer-softirq=2513452 [495778.881383] rcu: rcu_preempt kthread starved for 5324534 jiffies! g9706925 f0x2 RCU_GP_WAIT_FQS(5) ->state=0x200 ->cpu=3 [495778.882336] rcu: Unless rcu_preempt kthread gets sufficient CPU time, OOM is now expected behavior. [495778.883137] rcu: RCU grace-period kthread stack dump: [495778…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Title. Since apparently the proprietary drivers have better support for both. Thanks in advance.
-
Hi everybody, I installed Deb 12 Cinnamon Armbian flavor on an Orange PI 5 and Orange PI 5 Plus. This: dl.armbian.com/orangepi5-plus/Bookworm_current_cinnamon-backported-mesa I want to test 'virt-manager' but qemu is not available for installation. Error on console: packages are updated me@orangepi5-plus:~$ sudo apt install qemu [sudo] senha me: Lendo listas de pacotes... Pronto Construindo árvore de dependências... Pronto Lendo informação de estado... Pronto package qemu is not available, mas é referenciado por outro pacote. Isto pode significar que o pacote está faltando, ficou obsoleto ou está disponível som…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
First of all, apologies if this has been asked before, I did search the forums and couldn't find anything related... My NanoPi M4V2 has an NVME still running Debian Buster and I have been delaying upgrading/flashing as I expect this to be not that trivial... My understanding is that the recommended upgrade path is to reflash the SD-card and start over, which is fine with me. However, I do want to ensure it will then again boot from the NVME drive as it currently does! My question is if I can do that directly (flash SD, boot from it, and change boot to NVME) and I will have all the previous data on the NVME *OR* …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've recently used armbian-install to enable booting from my nvme/ssd drive and all appears to be working fine. However, I'm curious to know, why, the device is mounted twice as shown below. The / mount point is in /etc/fstab but where/how does the device get mounted again on /var/log.hdd. mount|grep nvme /dev/nvme0n1p1 on / type ext4 (rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro,commit=120) /dev/nvme0n1p1 on /var/log.hdd type ext4 (rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro,commit=120)
-
On my Odroid M1 which used to run kernel 6.6.63 / armbian 24.11.3 noble from NVME, an update to kernel 6.12.9 arrived this morning. Afterwards the machine failed to detect an external USB disk. There are some messages in the logs of the 6.12.9 boot that look suspicious to me: [ 2.670354] rockchip-naneng-combphy fe820000.phy: error -ENOENT: failed to get phy reset [ 2.670392] rockchip-naneng-combphy fe820000.phy: probe with driver rockchip-naneng-combphy failed with error -2 [ 20.458737] platform fc800000.sata: deferred probe pending: platform: supplier fe840000.phy not ready [ 20.458786] platform fcc00000.usb: deferred probe…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Hello, I ran sudo apt update / suodo apt upgrade on my Rock 3C this morning. I did notice that the kernel was upgraded but rebooted. It transpires that the kernel was upgraded to a completely new version (6.12.9) from 6.6.63 (or 62 I believe).
-
Reputation Points
- 28 replies
- 19.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello! First time poster. Been slowly learning linux over the years. Kind of a noob but maybe at an intermediate to advanced noob level. I've been having trouble upgrading firmwares. As title says, 24.11.3 breaks display. Luckily I was able to SSH in and determine 24.11.1 is functional. I'm not sure how to tackle this. I can tell you, I have many errors on startup which i have attached. I should note I do have issues interfacing with this display. While resolution is read by armbian correctly, the refresh rate is NOT. I use a capacitive touch display that can support 1200x600@60hz. Armbian attempts to use only 75hz which does not play nice. I have attempted to…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hello guys, i need help i cant setup and run admin@orangepi3b:~$ ls -l /dev/spidev* ls: cannot access '/dev/spidev*': No such file or directory admin@orangepi3b:~$ sudo nano /boot/armbianEnv.txt GNU nano 7.2 /boot/armbianEnv.txt verbosity=1 bootlogo=true console=both extraargs=cma=256M overlay_prefix=rk35xx overlays=rk3588-spi4-m1-cs0-spidev param_spidev_spi_bus=4 param_spidev_spi_cs=0 param_spidev_max_freq=10000000 rootdev=UUID=c190d568-1ec8-46ad-a874-27adf20d693a rootfstype=ext4 usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u root@orangepi3b:/home/admin# ls /sys/class/spi_master/ spi4 root@orangepi3b:/home/admin# dmesg | grep spi [ 11.38…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 6.2k views
-
-
Hi all, is it possible to boot from an NVME without a sdcard ?
-
Last night we lost power to the whole house, I had to manually start the NAS and when I tried to access my data there was nothing but empty shares. After checking OpenMediaVault Web UI and checking around, the file system status shows as "missing" and there is nothing under RAID Management and all the disks show properly under Storage > Disks. The NAS is set up as a Raid 6 on ext4 with five 12 TB drives. For starters, I wonder why the internal battery did not graciously shut down Helios64 as to avoid this from happening given that power outages are a rather common issue. Then, how do I get my file system back? After browsing some for…
-
Reputation Points
- 16 replies
- 16.7k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi! I have an rk3588 board that has a dma330 controller. I have this driver that essentially polls a dmac channel and it memory maps the data that is received into user space. Now, this driver was developed with the idea to receive data from a peripheral, however, before that I just want to test it by doing some memory to memory transactions. To that end I developed another kernel module that acts as a transmitter (code attached: aerietest.c). However, I am not able to link the transmitting end of the channel with the receiveing end. I added the following code in the device tree: aerie@0 { #dma-cells = <0x01>; compatible = "lyte-ai,l2"; d…
-
Hello, I would like to install Mali-G610 drivers on my Rock5B, but getting error during adding PPA: root@rock-5b:~# add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/panfork-mesa PPA publishes dbgsym, you may need to include 'main/debug' component Repository: 'deb https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/liujianfeng1994/panfork-mesa/ubuntu/ bookworm main' Description: https://gitlab.com/panfork/mesa You need to install mali-g610-firmware if you don't have file /lib/firmware/mali_csffw.bin More info: https://launchpad.net/~liujianfeng1994/+archive/ubuntu/panfork-mesa Adding repository. Press [ENTER] to continue or Ctrl-c to cancel. Adding deb entry to /etc/apt/sources.l…
-
Reputation Points
- 16 replies
- 20.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I installed recent server armbian on orangepi pc 4 and trying to make the microphone work The command I use arecord -D hw:0,0 -f cd -d 5 test.wav The setup root@orangepi4-lts:~# uname -a Linux orangepi4-lts 6.6.62-current-rockchip64 #2 SMP PREEMPT Sun Nov 17 14:08:59 UTC 2024 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux root@orangepi4-lts:~# cat /etc/issue Armbian 24.11.1 Noble \l root@orangepi4-lts:~# arecord -l **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices **** card 0: rockchipes8316c [rockchip-es8316c], device 0: ff880000.i2s-ES8316 HiFi ES8316 HiFi-0 [ff880000.i2s-ES8316 HiFi ES8316 HiFi-0] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 1: hdmisou…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Seems like a great little box, but Radxa doesn't have much info about the hardware side of it. Simple stuff like accessing the LEDs and buttons when running Armbian. Posted on the Radxa website but no replies, so just curious if anyone has dug into it at all?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, on orangepi5B, not possible to insert module g_ether root@orangepi5:~# modprobe g_ether modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'g_ether': Exec format error root@orangepi5:~# uname -a Linux orangepi5 6.1.75-vendor-rk35xx #1 SMP Wed Aug 21 11:45:59 UTC 2024 aarch64 GNU/Linux root@orangepi5:~#
-
Title. I've tried installing libgl1-mesa-dri but support feels really broken (Brave crashing frequently, mismatching opengl version, etc.). Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.
-
Hi everybody, I installed Deb 12 Cinnamon Armbian flavor. This: dl.armbian.com/orangepi5-plus/Bookworm_current_cinnamon-backported-mesa When I open system setup there is no Idiom/Language Icon. So all apps remains in English. Even if I run "sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration" and "sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales" I found an issue running "armbian-config"/localization/change Keyboard layout, on console this msg "setupcon: We are not on the console, the console is left unconfigured." But if I run "sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration" from a terminal window no error. T…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I am used to update my systems every day, but this time.... Yesterday, all of a sudden, after an "apt update" command showed to me there was 222 updates available. Wow, there was many updates on KDE, I left it for later, but after finishing my tasks I made the upgrade. After reboot, at login screen, password was accepted but login screen reappears. I tryed many times. I noticed that login was set to "KDE Wayland"... I changed to "KDE X11" and Bingo... Login ok. But Task bar is shown everything to the left and without the apps. All apps used before last logout were reopened, but all of them were located o…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Im trying to build for a OrangePi 5 Pro. I tried the following compile line, but it didnt boot. Repeat Build Options [ ./compile.sh build BOARD=orangepi5 BRANCH=current BUILD_DESKTOP=yes BUILD_MINIMAL=no DESKTOP_APPGROUPS_SELECTED='browsers chat desktop_tools editors email internet multimedia office programming remote_desktop' DESKTOP_ENVIRONMENT=xfce DESKTOP_ENVIRONMENT_CONFIG_NAME=config_base KERNEL_CONFIGURE=yes RELEASE=noble ] What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
-
Just like other times i burned sdcard and inserted latest version of Armbian_24_11, changed armbianEnv.txt to 5b and installed to emmc using armbian-installer. At the end i updated bootloader and emmc disappeared. I tried most of images and last image that is not bricking is Armbian_24.5.3_Orangepi5_bookworm_vendor_6.1.43_minimal.img.xz (link). Unbrick: 1) Reinstall Orangepi OS using document in the link on emmc. After installation is compete emmc will be back. 2) Reinstall Armbian lower than 24_11. The one that i found in archive that worked is 24.5.3.
-
I have a Ambian 6.12.7-Edge-Rockchip64 minimum installation. How can I enable or upgrade to a desktop environment without changing the kernel? Thank you
-
Hello everyone, I'm running the image from NanoPi R2S on a NanoPi R2C Plus (that has 8 GB eMMC). Is well working, but I would like to install the OS on the eMMC. Is it possible? Thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Can anyone confirm whether HDMI-CEC is working on the opi5pro? I got one recently and regardless of distro neither cec-utils or v4l-utils can see any devices. e.g. cec-ctl: > cec-ctl -S Driver Info: Driver Name : dwhdmi-rockchip Adapter Name : dw_hdmi_qp Capabilities : 0x0000000e Logical Addresses Transmit Passthrough Driver version : 6.1.75 Available Logical Addresses: 4 Connector Info : None Physical Address : f.f.f.f Logical Address Mask : 0x0000 CEC Version : 2.0 Vendor ID : 0x000c03 (HDMI) OSD Name …
-
Was looking at the build repo and noticed there is already support for Orange pi 5 max (add support for orangepi5 max · armbian/build@b38e4b2). Any specific reason there are no "official" community builds, or did I miss it?
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 10.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, After facing multiple instabilities during previous week, I decided to completely reinstall my helios64 to a fresh image (bookworm) from the download section. But before doing that, I need some help/have some questions: Currently, I’m using emmc to host the system, how can I completely backup and restore the system on an sd-card (you know, just in case...) Does the current image (https://dl.armbian.com/helios64/Bookworm_current_minimal) already contains usb drivers from:and this dtb file: Does the process to install the new image on emmc is the same as the one documented on Kobol site? At the moment, I’m a little bit los…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I can't get HDMI output in RK3399 board Nano PC T4, what I have tried https://dl.armbian.com/nanopct4/Noble_current_gnome-kisak https://dl.armbian.com/nanopct4/Bookworm_current_minimal the SSH is working I can only get a black screen on HDMI Kernel 5.x (Armbian 22) works
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I tried for hours last night and I couldn't get a single emulator to work, and most of them simply don't exist for this version of Debian Has anyone had any luck and with what OS
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 9.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Looked at a lot of other forums posts and it seems to be a common problem for the Orange pi 5B, but all the solutions i've tried hasn't worked. Most of the problems they seemed to have is not updating the armbianEnv.txt to include the "b" for this specific model from the opi 5. Below is the error message I always get whenever trying to boot from the EMMC. Using 6.1 kernel sometimes I can't see the EMMC in /dev, after installing the orange pi Ubuntu image I can see it. After I run armbian-install I can't see it in /dev. I put the orange pi image back on the sd card and I can see the EMMC was installed, the boot/armbianEnv.txt also does have the "b". …
-
Happy new year everyone, So I really do not like the stub-resolver in Debian/Armbian , and I do not like forwarding any DNS request to any 3rd party in general. After some searching I found this: https://www.turek.dev/posts/disable-systemd-resolved-cleanly/ . Since we are on Armbian we need also remove the 00-armbian-default-dns.conf which points to cloudflare's 1.0.0.1 . 1. We probably do not need this, but just in case someone does not have it. sudo mkdir -p /etc/systemd/resolved.conf.d/ 2. We set the DNS Stub Listener to no and remove the comment from the line if applicable: sudo sed -i '/DNSStubListener=/s/^#//;s/=.*/=no/' /etc/…
-
On my NanoPi-R6C I have been doing several U-boot updates (writes with dd to areas in 1st 32k) and so far so good. But behavior has changed w.r.t. eMMC v.s. SD-card. I want to do some U-boot build config changes, so the risk it that something might go wrong and I would need USB MASKROM mode to do writes to eMMC I think. The NanoPi-R6C wiki is not very clear with 'connect USB', but it turn out that this should be a connection via type-A to type-A and it does not work in the USB2 port. I have a USB2-only type-A to type-A cable and used that. The NanoPi-R6C appears in the USB device list ('lsusb') and also the tool is seeing the device: /tmp/up…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 6.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, Recently I tried to make pwm control on my Nanopi M4. Beside the PWM pin on the 24 pin connector (the one which actually controls the voltage output on 12V 2 pin connector for fan), I wonder if it is possible to use GPIO pins on the 40 pin connector as pwm pins to control fans. I tried to set pwmchip0 and literally checked every pin by connecting the wire to each one of them but I couldn't find that any othe these GPIO react on any settings I made on pwmchip0 pwm0. Does anyone know how to do this? Best Regards.
-
Hi! My Helios64 crashed, rebooted, then refuses to continue. Seems something is corrupted : the eMMC module? The eMMC contains the /boot folder, then the rootfs is on 1st disk, sda1. So I didn't lose anything, I guess. I will try to boot an microSD card with armbian and if it works, I will boot from it. With the sd card, it doesn't boot, I will disable eMMC with the jumper as documented in the wiki Is it fixable? Here are the startup messages: DDR Version 1.25 20210517 In channel 0 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x1 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x0 MR19=0x0 MR24=0x8 MR25=0x0 channel 1 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi there, I'm using the latest version of armbian to run the linuxptp for the ieee1588v2 clock. When I check the timestamp status, the 1Gbps port which is the RTL8122 is no problem, but the 2.5G ports RTL8125BG are only supporting the software timestamp. However, when I checked the Realtek website, it says that the 8125BG also supports the IEEE1588 clock. I tried to install the driver, but it did not work. As a beginner in Linux, I probably don't have the knowledge to compile drivers, in this case I sincerely hope that armbian could officially support the hw ptp timestamp in 8125 NIC. Thank you very much! nanopi-r6s:~:# ethtool -T end0 Ti…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I have installed the currently provided image "Armbian_24.11.1_Nanopct6_bookworm_current_6.12.0_minimal.img.xz" on my NanoPC-T6 (not LTS). Unfortuantely the only one USB3 port is not working. So no local access is possible and no external USB storage device can be used. I wonder if no one else has such problem reported yet since 3 weeks now (released 2024-11-21). The USB3 port is working with the FriendlyELEC image (rk3588-sd-debian-bookworm-core-6.1-arm64-20241112.img.gz), so maybe there is a small problem with a kernel module or the device tree. If someone can guide me to a starting point for investigation, I can do some debugging. I have little…
-
I upgraded from my own-compiled Armbian kernel 6.8.0-rc5 to 6.8.4 and there are now very annoying stall when for example I drag a KDE Konsole window. Also when I play a 1080p50 HEVC video, as son as a move the mouse, the whole video stalls. Besides 6.8.0-rc5, the normal apt provide 6.8.1-edge-rockchip-rk3588 also works OK. 6.8.5 has the same issue as 6.8.4. As indicated, I use KDE, X11, compositor disabled. Enabled makes no difference. OS base is Armbian Bookworm, but I have also used kernels 6.8.1 and 6.8.4 with a rootfs copied from an RaspberryPiOS and Opensuse-Tumbleweed. RPiOs is also Debian Bookworm, Tumbleweed is latest, KDE6. So it is not KD…
-
Hello Armbian Rockchip community, I'm working on getting Armbian based on the 6.1 BSP kernel running on a custom RK3328 board (specifically the MKS SKIPR for a 3D printer). This board is very similar to the libre renegade rk3328-roc-cc - just a few minor GPIO pin changes are required. I want to use the 6.1 BSP kernel because I expect it to have mpp video encoding capabilities. There is an existing repo that has this board working on the 6.7 mainline kernel with a couple of gpio patches. I've made some progress but am running into issues and could use some guidance. So far, I've been able to: Compile and run the basic 6.7 kernel for the MKS SKIPR - fr…
-
TL;DR: How to make HDMI screen with custom resolution work? Including boot log/boot splash screen. How to configure auto use of/auto switch to newly connected display? Means moving tty/X Session to connected display like it works on e.g. Ubuntu desktop. Why HDMI screens with non standard resolution works well on kernel v5.x but stop working on v6.x ones? Where are HDMI related I2C interfaces in Armbian? Full version: In theory host system (SBC, laptop, PC) should detect new HDMI device connection, load EDID data from screen and use it to configure video output (resolution, timings etc). In practice it works well for Ubuntu deskto…
-
Hello everyone. I want to try to connect a custom AMOLED DSI display with orangepi 3b https://www.phoenixdisplay.com/product/color-displays/oled/at043qhd3008/ And there is practically no information. Maybe someone has seen or encountered similar problems? Do I understand correctly that the dts section on brightness adjustment does not need to be written, because AMOLED as such does not have a backlight? Is it possible to run such a display using simple-panel-dsi? Another interesting question is how to organize the power supply for such a display? It needs different voltages from 1.8 to 4.6 V
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey, Quick question, can I use HDDs that have the pin-3 SATA "power disable" feature with the Kobol NAS, or should I steer completely clear of them?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello All, Preface: First time posting, I am not an experienced software developer but have designed a working SBC around the RV1126. I have had some success recently getting video out of an IMX258 camera connected to the RV1126 but I am experiencing a strange issue where the camera feed has a green hue. (see attached picture). I have tried to change variables within the kernel - IMX258.c and many other places to change the auto white balance with no success but have recently come across this thread which may provide better results: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=17067 I do not have the RKISP2_tuner.exe in the camera_engine_rkaiq …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I have installed the "Armbian_community_25.2.0-trunk.124_Tinkerboard-2_bookworm_current_6.6.63_minimal.img.xz" image on my tinkerboard-2 to develop a library for one wire devices. There is a problem with the usage of armbian-config on activating overlays. The entry in armbianEnv.txt includes the prefix in the overlay name. This can be workarounded manually, e.g. for w1-gpio the correct entry needs to be: overlays=rk3399-w1-gpio2 If anyone can point me to the source code I maybe can provide a PR to fix it. Another problem is the content of the overlay of this w1-gpio. After activating the dmesg give an error (the first w…
-
qemu-system-aarch64 -M virt -cpu host -enable-kvm ... only works reliably when 1 CPU core ( -smp 1). When a VM has 2 cores, it randomly worked I experienced. If virt-manager pick 2 equal cores, VM UEFI/BIOS/kernel runs OK, but if a Cortex-A76 and Cortex-A55, all sorts of exceptions are shown or just lockup 2x or 1x 100% usage. In order to still be able to use KVM, start qemu-system-aarch64 as follows: taskset --cpu-list 4-7 qemu-system-aarch64 -M virt -cpu host -enable-kvm -smp 4 ... or taskset --cpu-list 0-3 qemu-system-aarch64 -M virt -cpu host -enable-kvm -smp 4 ... Mainline kernel 6.8.x or later does not have this problem. I…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Not recognizing network adapter.
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Downloaded Armbian_community_25.2.0-trunk.110_Tinkerboard-2_bookworm_current_6.6.63_minimal.img.xz from GitHub. Burned with Balena. Filesystem is different from what I'm expecting. But it's Rockchip so I don't know what to expect. I'm used to Asus Tinker 2 Bullseye's 8 or 9 partitions. Plug it in. Doesn't boot. I'm able to see the root fs so I know it's there. What am I doing wrong?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to the maintainers for their contributions. This project has helped me a lot, and it runs smoothly on my device. It seems that the status of the nanopi-r5s has been in the staging phase for a long time. I am wondering if there is an opportunity for it to be promoted to the standard support phase. Additionally, I would greatly appreciate having a compiled version of Ubuntu Server. Is there anyone willing to help with this? Thank you very much.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Now the mainline u-boot has decent pcie and pcie phy driver for rk3399. The only deficiency is the clock of pcie phy not included. The first attached patch add this clock so that u-boot proper can load linux kernel residing in an ext4 partition of nvme ssd.pcie_phy_clk.patch The second patch enables loading the environment from a file in an ext4 partition of nvme ssd.env_nvme.patch More conveniently the u-boot proper(u-boot.itb) could be an ordinary file residing in an ext4 partition of nvme ssd. The idbloader(tpl/spl in spi/emmc/sdcard) could load it if pcie nvme support is enabled in spl. That's the third attachment.spl_nvme.patch Th…
-
I can't activate the orange pi 3b uarts Armbian Community_24.2.0-trunk.540_Orangepi3b_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_gnome_desktop, I did it this way armbianEnv.txt overlays=uart3-m0 uart7-m2 uart9-m2 overlays=uart3 uart7 uart9
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 9.2k views
- 1 follower
-