Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockchip

Community maintained Rockchip boards

  1. Hi All, I'm struggling with my Orange PI 5 Plus and various Armbian Flavors for 3 days. My Preferred DE, Armbian_25.8.1_Orangepi5-plus_noble_vendor_6.1.115_kde-neon_desktop, after all setup on second boot... failed msg: wait until boot finishes... XFCE, Sound does not work over HDMI. Finally, Armbian_25.8.1_Orangepi5-plus_trixie_vendor_6.1.115_cinnamon_desktop, is doing well. Except for, I'm missing start button. If I want Firefox, I have to open it via cmd If I want to capture screen... I dont know even the name to call via cmd... See my Phone shot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d6K4i_yshHCrKvXR-1…

  2. Hello, While upgrading my rock64 today, my Linux kernel was upgraded from 6.6.32 to 6.12.9. After rebooting, the board refused to boot: Boot script loaded from usb 0 | 166 bytes read in 407 ms (0 Bytes/s) | 26129699 bytes read in 1634 ms (15.3 MiB/s) | 36473344 bytes read in 48420 ms (735.4 KiB/s) | 54333 bytes read in 826 ms (63.5 KiB/s) | 2825 bytes read in 1653 ms (1000 Bytes/s) | Applying kernel provided DT fixup script (rockchip-fixup…

  3. Hello Dear, After flashing *Armsom-cm5-rpi-cm4-io_*, there is one critical problem. onboard USB hub always connects and disconnects 2 times when booting. dmesg outputs: [ 6.190239] hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found … [ 7.868081] rk-pcie 2a200000.pcie: PCIe Link Fail, LTSSM is 0x3, hw_retries=0 [ 7.868642] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 2 … [ 9.326443] hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found … [ 11.213062] rk-pcie 2a200000.pcie: PCIe Link Fail, LTSSM is 0x3, hw_retries=1 [ 11.213297] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 4 I have tried with many variations, but the onboard hub is always disconnected. server/desktop community release/ self build …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  4. Started by Weenig,

    Hi all! I have Armbian installed on a rock 4SE (Tagged as 4B as it uses the same image i believe) as the base for an OpenMediaVault. Yesterday i installed the latest version of Bookworm, as i am running OMV7 and that, as far as i can tell, does not work on Trixie. I am not ready to upgrade to Trixie/OMV8, as im not sure there is support for my Penta sata hat yet. My issue is that if i install the updates, either through OMV interface, or apt, the device does not boot after applying the updates. As far as i can tell from logs etc. something is either wrong with loading the kernel image on boot, or with the image itself. If i install Armbian, and then OMV, ev…

  5. A stable Armbian Bookworm configuration for your Helios64 is provided here (solved). ************************************************************************* Recently a new Armbian 23.08.1 Bookworm image with linux-6.1.50 was made available for Helios64 on its download page (see here) - which is as such great 😀. Everything starts up nicely, but unlike the previous Bookworm 23.05 image, the current one has an issue with accessing USB devices. In the boot process the following error occurs: # cat /var/log/syslog | grep error 2023-09-07T12:31:05.671598+02:00 helios64 kernel: [ 2.537009] dwc3 fe900000.usb: error -ETIMEDOUT: failed …

  6. Bigtreetech CB2 and Pi 2 released somewhat recently (April 20th). They use RK3566 and have a lot of nice features. The board and module are intended for 3d printer use but can be used just like any other pi. There is an official linux image on bigtreetech github, and it seems it's a slightly customized armbian. I propose copying that configuration and adding it as a supported board. This is a bit of a personal tangent, but I was also thinking of how I can submit the device tree files to the mainline linux kernel, would that be a good idea? I'm planning to use or at least try Alpine on the board and it would be nice to have the needed files in the linux package…

  7. I have attempted this with the vendor kernels and the mainline kernels, and they both do the same thing. The vendor kernel cannot see the EMMC at all after running updates on it. So that version would kill itself when updated even if it did install and boot off the emmc. The wifi also doesnt work on the mainline, so the options are mainline with no wifi or vendor with no emmc. Install to SD card --> to through setup wizard --> change firmware to 5b instead of 5.--> reboot --> armbian-install --> boot from emmc, system on emmc ---> spends a long time on counting files ---> file transfer screen flashes by in 1 second. --> shutdown ---> bo…

  8. Hi all, I am unable to login to OMV on my Helios64. A bit of sleuthing indicates that this is because the / fs is at 100% capacity. At first, I figured I'll just transfer the system install from the 8GB SD Card I started with to the 16GB internal eMMC. Turns out past unfnknblvbl already did that, and now I need to go the other way. The documentation on the old Kobol site isn't entirely accurate about how to do this. My SDCard is /dev/mmcblk1 and even though it's formatted ext4, it simply doesn't show in armbian-config. In fact, the only device that shows in the Install menu is /dev/md127, which is the RAID array itself. I'd rather not be booting f…

  9. Hello, I am currently working on a project involving local LLM inference on Rockchip SoCs using the rknn-llm framework. I have two specific questions regarding Armbian support for the NPU: 1. NanoPi M5 (RK3576): FriendlyElec recently released the NanoPi M5 based on the RK3576. If I use the Armbian image for this board, will I be able to run LLM models using the NPU? I am considering purchasing this board for LLM testing and would like to know if the driver support is already there. 2. NanoPC-T6 (RK3588): I have a NanoPC-T6 running Armbian, but I cannot find the /dev/rknpu device node. I have tested this with both 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx and 6.12.58-current-…

  10. Started by helios,

    Hi, I am posting this here to notify you about the serious networking performance issue on my Rockpi 4B board. Ever since I installed the Trixie release, the networking on the board has been poor/not working at all. I cannot even run an apt update If I try to connect via SSH, I get: root@rockpi:~# apt update 0% [Connected to github.armbian.com (185.199.110.153)] [Waiting for headers] [Waiting for headers]client_loop: send disconnect: Connection reset >ssh root@192.168.0.200 ssh_dispatch_run_fatal: Connection to 192.168.0.206 port 22: Connection timed out I don't know where to start / what to check here. When I turn on the board, it wo…

  11. Started by Hqnicolas,

    I was working with OpenHD when it was taken down by GitHub. There's something we should be concerned about here in the rockchip section of armbian? Original Post: https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2025/12/2025-12-18-ffmpeg.md Identify only the specific file URLs within the repository that is infringing: https://github.com/rockchip-linux/mpp/blob/develop/mpp/codec/dec/av1/av1d_codec.h https://github.com/rockchip-linux/mpp/blob/develop/mpp/codec/dec/av1/av1d_cbs.c https://github.com/rockchip-linux/mpp/blob/develop/mpp/codec/dec/av1/av1d_cbs.h https://github.com/rockchip-linux/mpp/blob/develop/mpp/codec/dec/av1/av1d_parser2_syntax.c https…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 5.8k views
  12. Started by Nopraz,

    Hello! Just wondered if an armbian image was planned for the Odroid M1S? Thank you in advance!

  13. Started by MenemenAdam,

    I can't access the download links on the Armbian website; they appear blank and no downloads are available. Please help.

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 2.9k views
  14. Hello fellow geeks/nerds, Here still using a Rock Pi 4c on 26.2.0-trunk.44. After upgrading to 26.2.0-trunk.62 the Rockpi just does not come back. No display no network. Wish I could provide more details beside the versions. I've went ahead and froze the kernel updates. If there's a way to maybe pull a log of sorts please let me know and I'll post it.

  15. Started by aardvark3,

    Hey everyone, was wondering if there was a readily available rock3b armbian image. I have found that the rock3a/3b are quite similar baring an extra ethernet port. So was hoping to see if I could take the rock3a image and make some simple modifications but don't know how. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

  16. Started by Marco Schirrmeister,

    Just an information about the `edge` kernel (6.18) when used on the cm3588-nas system. The rtc driver is not initialized on a `poweron`. After a poweron, you will see the following in the log. Nov 11 01:17:10 uhutest kernel: rtc-hym8563 6-0051: could not init device, -6 Nov 11 01:17:10 uhutest systemd[1]: System time advanced to built-in epoch: Tue 2025-11-11 01:17:09 CET If you have `fake-hwclock` running, you will see the following a moment later. fake-hwclock restores the time, but the service will not properly start, because of the rtc device error. Nov 11 01:17:12 uhutest fake-hwclock.sh[461]: Restoring saved system time Nov 20…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views
  17. Started by e954,

    Is there a specific reason why orangepi cm5 isn't supported? Or is it simply because nobody has contributed? Because I am willing to add support for it if there aren't any serious issues when building armbian for this board. The webpage for the board is currently empty. I see two issues when using Armbian on orangepi cm5: 1. The ethernet and the fan won't work. There is a device tree published by Laurent Pinchart that may fix this. 2. armbian-install bricks the board. The only way to recover the device is by enabling maskrom and using rkdeveloptool to flash a new image. Other than these Armbian seems to work fine on orangepi cm5. …

  18. Hey there! I’ve been running Home Assistant Supervised on Armbian for a while, but lately I keep seeing a repeat issue after system upgrades (Docker or kernel updates). After upgrading, some HA containers stop unexpectedly, for example: odroid-c2-homeassistant:2025.12.2 exits with code 137 aarch64-addon-configurator:5.8.0 exits with code 143 My current setup runs on Helios64/RK3399 · kernel 6.12.58-current-rockchip64 · Docker CE 29.1.3 (f52814d). After digging a bit, I noticed this line in dmesg right after the failures -> apparmor="DENIED" operation="signal" profile="hassio-supervisor" signal=kill I also fou…

  19. Hi. I've got a strange issue. When Orange Pi 5 Max was unavailable I installed version for Orange Pi 5 Pro from SD card to NVME SSD. It worked fine Now I decided for fresh install of Armbian dedicated to Max board but I can't boot from SD card. I used exactly the same card and the same power supply as when I installed armbian originally, but when I insert SD card, led goes blue and system is not booting. I don't have any signal on HDMI - monitor goes sleep. When I remove SD card - system boots from SSD and all is working. I removed SSD but system still can't boot from SD card. Do you know any method to boot from SD card or install armbian imag…

  20. I have been trying to run the bookworm minimal image for the Radxa Rock 2F with poor results. Wifi stops working after an "armbian-upgrade" and after apt upgrade. Doing an nmcli -p r results in WIFI-HW missing response. It seems to me that after the upgrade, something is wrong with the aic8800 driver module. Unfortunately I am too ignorant to be of much help, but any suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you.

  21. Hello, I just flashed the latest minimal img from the github releases (Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.7_Rock-3c_trixie_current_6.12.58_minimal.img.xz) but I see no output on hdmi and it gets stuck at login, nothing I type works.

    • Reputation Points

    • 11 replies
    • 4.4k views
  22. Subject: [R58X] Hard Brick After Failed Armbian Upgrade (Jammy to Noble) Hello, My Mekotronics R58X running Armbian Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy) hard-bricked after a failed attempt to upgrade to Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble). Initial Failure: The upgrade crashed, and the device would not boot/log in properly . Recovery Attempt: I successfully flashed a new Ubuntu 24.04 image using the official Mekotronics documentation/tool. Current Status: After the flash completed successfully and the device went offline, it is now completely dead. It will not power on. No LED activity. I cannot enter recovery mode (Loader or Mask…

    • Reputation Points

    • 12 replies
    • 3.5k views
  23. Started by m11k,

    Since there is a thread about adding ZFS support to the U-Boot build, I thought I'd post a similar request for btrfs. I was looking through the helios u-boot repo a few days ago and noticed that it isn't built with btrfs support. While I could make a separate ext4 /boot partition, it would be convenient to have the entire eMMC formatted as btrfs. This allows for me to make easy and fast backups using btrfs send/receive, and also allows for snapshotting prior to upgrades (via e.g. snapper), and rolling back to a different snapshot at boot. My turris onmia router uses u-boot with btrfs native root, and I've used the snapshot rollback support a couple of times. They…

  24. I have a Dev term a06 and have been having problems with the newer releases based on kernel 6.x. After booting one of these, the display does not have backlight or any text/image displayed. On the last 5.x it boots and works fine. I have not yet tried the HDMI output on the 6.x versions, need to get an adapter, but I'm guessing that the built in display is not discovered. The Dev term does not normally have a serial port, I'd need to solder up an adapter, or I would have looked at it to see if anything was happening. Any suggestions for a very basic Linux user to try? Especially something I can maybe edit after flashing (before first boot). I should be able t…

  25. hi, im trying to make my radxa 4d in to a open media vault server, iv down loaded the file from armbian's web side but it wont boot, pluging it in to one of my raspberry pi's and useing gparted, i can only see one partision for it and can view it, dose this need a boot loader? iv also tryed downloading Debian 14 (Forky) from the armbian web site and got that to boot, but the script from armbian-config is broken ( missing stuff like php) and iv tryed the script from open media vault but that errors with eth0 missing. do i need to install a boot loader on the armbian open media vault image ?

  26. Hello everyone. I can't flash Armbian to EMMC on the OrangePi 5B board. I made an SD card, booted, ran armbian-install, selected Boot from EMMC/System on EMMC, the recording process was successful, but after that the board stops booting at all. When I boot from the SD card again, I see that EMMC is not a device in the system. There is no main mmcblk0, no mmcblk0boot0, no mmcblk0boot1. I was able to get EMMC back only after re-flashing the standard Android firmware using RKDevTool via maskrom. When I flash Android to EMMC and then boot from the SD card with Armbian, /dev/mmcblk0, /dev/mmcblk0boot0 and /dev/mmcblk0boot1 are back in place. Accordingly…

  27. Orange Pi 5 pro,whith Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.7_Orangepi5pro_noble_vendor_6.1.115_gnome_desktop 。 when I try to start Eclipse/idea/vscode or other JavaApp , java processes crash and gets core dump every time, tested on Jdk 17,21 25 ,both openjdk and oracleJDK。 It seems there is a compatibility issue between the kernel and the JDK. How can I fix it? Or I have to wait kenel update? some error like Current thread (0x0000ffffa802b9b0): JavaThread "main" [_thread_in_vm, id=6202, stack(0x0000ffffaeb62000,0x0000ffffaed60000) (2040K)] Stack: [0x0000ffffaeb62000,0x0000ffffaed60000], sp=0x0000ffffaed5ce40, …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  28. Trying to download new images off the Helios64 page but every link seems to lead nowhere: This armbian.lv.auroradev.org page can’t be found No webpage was found for the web address: https://armbian.lv.auroradev.org/dl/helios64/archive/Armbian_25.5.1_Helios64_bookworm_current_6.12.28_minimal.img.xz HTTP ERROR 404 Is there another place to get these?

  29. Started by GuestWho,

    The first image that boots ok down the list of older images is Armbian_25.5.1_Nanopim4v2_bookworm_current_6.12.28_minimal.img.xz Could not get those images to boot: Armbian_25.5.1_Nanopim4v2_trixie_current_6.12.32_minimal.img.xz Armbian_25.5.1_Nanopim4v2_noble_current_6.12.28_minimal.img.xz Armbian_25.8.1_Nanopim4v2_bookworm_current_6.12.41_minimal.img.xz Anyway, I am happy using the one I found booting. Thanks

  30. Updating via `apt update && apt upgrade` causes Armbian to fail to boot on the single-board computer. I'm attaching the UART logs in the file `failed_log.txt`. Start-Date: 2025-11-13 04:45:12 Commandline: apt -y upgrade Upgrade: armbian-bsp-cli-nanopct4-current:arm64 (25.11.0-trunk.146, 25.11.0-trunk.469), linux-dtb-current-rockchip64:arm64 (25.11.0-trunk.146, 25.11.0-trunk.469), linux-image-current-rockchip64:arm64 (25.11.0-trunk.146, 25.11.0-trunk.469), linux-u-boot-nanopct4-current:arm64 (25.11.0-trunk.146, 25.11.0-trunk.469), armbian-firmware:arm64 (25.11.0-trunk.146, 25.11.0-trunk.469) End-Date: 2025-11-13 04:47:04 out: Starting kerne…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2k views
  31. Hello everyone! Saw that some luckfox boards were getting supported and I was like: YES!!! Flashed an sd-card with the community image. Latest I could find is 25.11.0-trunk.413. And plonked in my working Luckfox Lyra Zero W and it failed to boot. From what I gather there seems to be a missing partition called "misc" and I think it is expected about after the current unallocated 16MB(16,777,216 bytes). I tried creating a 4MB partition after the current unallocated space but it complained about something called "Magic" and my limited u-boot/rockchip/embedded linux experience made me get lost there. This is the serial output: Whe…

  32. Started by mlampert,

    I saw some initial work on supporting uugear's vivid unit (rk3399 based). I was wondering in what state that is, what is required to complete that work and if there are plans to add that support to the mainline? Thanks in advance, Markus

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 2k views
  33. I've recently switched my FriendlyElec NanoPC-T6 to use the Armbian Linux v6.12 server image, built on the 24th of May 2025. Booting of SD works fine, but when installing to the eMMC chip some I/O errors can be found in the kernel logs: [ 151.814773] I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 176 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x80700 phys_seg 10 prio class 2 This happens when under heavy I/O load - e.g. performing an apt upgrade. I ran badblocks over the entire eMMC chip without issue - but that puts a much lower strain on the eMMC. Therefore, i'm convinced that the eMMC chip itself is fine. Poking around a bit, this seems to be because the A3A444 eMMC chip whi…

  34. Hi community, I am experiencing an issue reinstalling Armbian on my Helios64. I tried all methods including booting from an SD card, flashing the image onto the eMMC directly but every time I boot, I get kernel panic (flashing status light). I also can't connect to the USB via TTY to diagnose the issue. My macbook keeps detecting the /dev/tty.usbserial-DT03OEIM and the next second it is gone. I wanted to install the original Buster image but I cannot find it anymore in any of the archives. It's kind of disappointing because what's the purpose of an archive then if not hold on to an image for a few years. My current theories…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 1.9k views
  35. I am using rk3588-sd-debian-bookworm-core-6.1-arm64-20250123.img.gz It is excellent asides from lacking NPU support. Before I go down the path of learning kernel compilation and scanning poorly documented Rockchip repositories, has anyone got a current version of Armbian that includes NPU support? If not, is there any good guide to using a cross-compile system and integrating third part drivers?. On a slightly different topic I would prefer to not use fuse file systems and run off the NVME drive directly. Are there any resources on this?

  36. Started by grendel,

    Hello, Recently the HDD Cable Harness for my Helios64 malfunctioned. SATA Ports 1 and 2 are both no longer getting power/HDDs are not spinning up. I confirmed that it was power by plugging the SATA cable into ports 3, 4, and 5 on the motherboard which all function. I also iterated through the system by removing all the HDD's and testing each HDD slot one at a time. All 5 HDDs fucntion individually in a USB drive enclosure, and all 5 function in my server system and I can mount the RAID array. My question is, does anyone know how to contact the Helios/Kobol team so I can purchase a replacement HDD Harness Cable? …

  37. Yesterday, Oct 20th, I installed armbian version "Minimal/IOT images with Armbian Linux v6.1" to the Orange PI 5 PRO and updated kernel using armbian-config to kernel 6.18 RC1(2 options were available 6.12 and 6.18 R1, note 6.12 did not work). Armbian works fine including vulkan support(I tested with swith emulator) with this kernel(6.18 rc1), but today option to update to any kernel is not available anymore. I'm getting warning "No other kernels available!" System is pretty stable with this version. stas@orangepi5pro:~$ uname -r 6.18.0-rc1-edge-rockchip64 stas@orangepi5pro:~$ vulkaninfo --summary ========== VULKANINFO ========== …

  38. Hey everyone, for the past couple of days I've been looking into the Mesa-VPU script made by AmazingFate that's used to patch Mesa/VPU onto a custom build of Armbian. https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/main/extensions/mesa-vpu.sh I already have an install of Armbian (Debian XFCE 6.12.28-current-rockchip64 ) on my Rock5b and was looking into applying as much as I can without re-building an image or starting from scratch. From my understanding, You'd need the vendor rk3588 kernel if you want the best possible compatibility with things like the VPU for multimedia acceleration (Someone please correct me if this is not the case lol) What follows is w…

  39. Hi Guys, I just did a new custom Armbian build ./compile.sh BOARD=orangepi5-plus BRANCH=vendor RELEASE=noble KERNEL_ONLY=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no. The image is Armbian-unofficial_25.11.0-trunk_Orangepi5-plus_noble_vendor_6.1.115_cinnamon_desktop and when I installed it on orangepi I see it is not supporting Panfrost/Mail: glxinfo | grep -E "OpenGL renderer|OpenGL version" OpenGL renderer string: llvmpipe (LLVM 20.1.2, 128 bits) OpenGL version string: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 25.0.7-0ubuntu0.24.04.2 but for older image Old_Armbian-unofficial_25.08.0-trunk_Orangepi5-plus_noble_vendor_6.1.115_cinnamon_desktop All was well glxinfo | grep -E "OpenGL rend…

  40. Started by tomtim45,

    Good morning: I've got a ROCK64 and it does't boot from few days. White; Red and Green led stand with light. nothing change even after minutes. I've tried rock64-debian-mrfixit-190531.img.xz, , freedombox-bookworm_all-arm64.img.xz, debian-12.11.0-arm64-netinst.iso, But never go further. Do you have an idea ? I've got a 5A power so should not be a problem.

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 3.3k views
  41. Started by rayrayrayraycat,

    I have completed a build for the turing-rk1 SBC with an aim toward getting a functioning graphical console, and possibly installing desktop packages later. I built an image without issue that picked up kernel 6.17.2. git commit: 09160da3b9c1231cf20837e8c857f7e605130449 main branch Command used: ./compile.sh RELEASE=trixie CARD=turing-rk1 BRANCH=edge Image created: Armbian-unofficial_25.11.0-trunk_Turing-rk1_trixie_edge_6.17.2.img When booted, I get an error from dmesg about VOP drivers and HDMI video does not turn on. Is this normal for this board or am I doing something wrong? [ 0.965616] rckchip-drm display-subsystem: [drm:rockchip_d…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.1k views
  42. I am trying to extend the chipselect from spi4. Because I will need to control more boards, so I tried to transform GPIO into chipselect (CS). This is the original SPI4: /dts-v1/; / { fragment@0 { target = <0xffffffff>; __overlay__ { status = "okay"; #address-cells = <0x01>; #size-cells = <0x00>; pinctrl-names = "default"; pinctrl-0 = <0xffffffff 0xffffffff 0xffffffff>; spidev@0 { compatible = "rockchip,spidev"; …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  43. Started by CryBaby,

    The armbian edge image for the FriendlyElec CM3588-NAS is currently on kernel 6.17 but has no HDMI audio despite it having been added in 6.15 (I think). This is simply because it has not been enabled in the device tree for this board. You can enable it with this user overlay: /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { fragment@0 { target-path = "/hdmi0-sound"; __overlay__ { status = "okay"; }; }; fragment@1 { target-path = "/hdmi1-sound"; __overlay__ { status = "okay"; }; }; };

  44. Started by Mikhail M,

    at the first launch, I ran into the problem that the board cannot connect to the lan Internet via cable, it writes permanent connection and disconnection in the admin console. therefore, I cannot find out the ip address and understand what to connect to. Please help me if someone knows or has solved this problem.

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 2.6k views
  45. Just wonder if there is a good guide how to make dri work and allt the supported code´s work in wayland / xorg or other / Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.3k views
  46. Hello, I just apt upgrade-ed my Armbian 25.5 from mid-August to 25.8.1 and it doesn't start after software reboot. It is usually headless, I plugged it into a monitor and all I get is a uboot logo in the top left corner. No message, nothing. The board is the Rockpi 4A. The system is on eMMC 😩 What do I do now to at least roll back ? At worst make a browsable copy of the eMMC ? Thanks! Antoine

  47. Started by GBEM,

    I'm curious to experiment with LLMs on an RK3566 TV Box. I managed to build a working Debian disto for it, but wasn't able to locate any NPU support in the kernel configuration. Anyone know how to build such a kernel for the RK3566, with support for the inbuilt NPU, or preferably, how to add build a NPU kernel module that can be linked-in? Any hints, suggestion or links greatly appreciated. GBEM 👽

  48. Hello, I am trying to enable Panfrost GPU acceleration on a new Armsom Sige5 board running the latest edge kernel (6.1.115), but glxinfo -B still shows llvmpipe. I have been troubleshooting this for some time and have discovered that the kernel module (panfrost.ko) loads correctly with modprobe, but it is not binding to the GPU hardware on boot. I believe I have found the reason why. A recent commit to the Armbian build system (https://github.com/armbian/build/commit/836def3d11699537e6289dedfbc766c2050d422d) changes the method for enabling Panfrost. It removes the panfrost overlay and adds KERNEL_TARGET_CONFIG="panfrost-all" instead. It…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 3.6k views
  49. Started by marmbian,

    Hello, I am selling a working unit of Kobol Helios64 with the fix done, without drives. Based in Czech Republic, able to send within EU. Please DM me if interested.

  50. Hello, Armbian 25.8.1 on Helios64 BookWorm with Linux 6.12.42-current-rockchip64. I have my system booting from SD with OMV7 installed and several docker containers running. Everything is OK. Now I want to boot from emmc. Used armbian-install selecting option boot from emmc - system on emmc. Formatting and copying goes Ok, but when I reboot from emmc (extracting th SD card), OMV7 presents the web frontend, but can't log in. journalctl reports errors accessing the drives, and looking on /etc/fstab, there's only the / partition mounted. Inserting and mounting the SD card in /mnt/sdcard I can see that in /mnt/sdcard/etc/fstab there's…

  51. I am using kernel 6.12.45 with rk3568 , everything is displayed on my monitor. A colleague's computer does not work on 3 of the 4 monitors. the error is the same as in the theme / kernel: rockchip-drm display-subsystem: [drm] Cannot find any crtc or sizes , since it seems that no one is watching that topic, I decided to raise this issue. Has anyone encountered such a problem?

  52. About a year ago, I installed the OpenMediaVault image for CM3588-NAS from here: https://www.armbian.com/nanopc-cm3588-nas/ The image is debian-bookworm, which has since become oldstable, while trixie is the new stable. Is it possible to upgrade the distribution and move to trixie packages, even though there are no trixie images for CM3588-NAS? In theory this seems completely feasible as my apt configurations seem completely standard with something like deb http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm main contrib non-free non-free-firmware and deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/armbian.gpg] http://apt.armbian.com bookworm main bookworm-utils bookworm-deskt…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 5.2k views
  53. Started by serial,

    RK3576 nanopi M5 cannot start Waydrod I am trying to use Waydrod on the nanopi M5, and I am starting it up CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_IPC=y CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDERFS=y CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_DEVICES="binder,hwbinder,vndbinder" However, during the actual startup of Waydrod, there was a continuous black screen crash and restart. The following is the error log: nano@nanopi-m5:$ waydroid show-full-ui [13:55:56] Introspect error on :1.103:/ContainerManager: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, th…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4.7k views
  54. Started by Sirmalinton,

    Have tested the Orange Pi 5 Ultra and the Armbian Linux v6.1 vendor IOT image for the 5 "Max" model, using the same Max' `rk3588-orangepi-5-max.dtb` FDT file works better than with the rk3588-orangepi-5-ultra.dtb (extracted from the old official Orange Pi image), as surprisingly, dmesg shows less errors with the Max DTB. Tested: ✅ eMMC works. HDMI ports: ✅ Port 1 out works fine. ❓ Haven't tested the port 2 input. Would guess it doesn't work as the Max has bot ports as output. For the AP6611s (SYN43711): ✅ WiFi: works. ✅ Bluetooth: works with some extras, rfkill and bluez: …

  55. Let's divide it into parts - Bluetooth Bluetooth isn't working. I've tried activating UART7 and GPIO pins 19 and 22, but to no avail. I installed the drivers, but to no avail. Bluetooth isn't communicating! - Audio ES8388 For some unknown reason, the ES8388 has audio disabled by default on the ASA. To fix this, simply go to the terminal and run the command user@user alsamixer Then use the buttons to move around until you find OUT1. Out1 above it says MM (mute), so click M to make it 00 with a green background. Audio problem solved - Language I can't set the language to Portuguese in the Gnom…

  56. Can someone tell me the major/minor device numbers for the /dev/rknpu device? It wasn't created in the image that I'm using. I'm trying to determine if the built-in npu has enough functionality to test a llm: # cat /sys/kernel/debug/rknpu/version RKNPU driver: v0.9.8 # I'm running the latest of the linux-image-vendor-rk35xx=25.5.1 v6.1.115 $ uname -a Linux cm3588-nas 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx #1 SMP Wed Aug 13 03:55:09 UTC 2025 aarch64 GNU/Linux $ # LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu python3 server.py Loaded RKLLM library from '/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/librkllmrt.so' RKLLM_LOG_LEVEL: 1 Initializing model with parameters: Pa…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 8.8k views
  57. I have an Orangepi5 ultra RK5388. I have tried the following versions of Armbian13. It doesn't recognize my USBs so I don't have a keyboard. vendor: https://armbian.systemonachip.net/dl/orangepi5-plus/archive/Armbian_25.8.1_Orangepi5-plus_trixie_vendor_6.1.115_minimal.img.xz.sha This one won't start ,current: https://armbian.systemonachip.net/dl/orangepi5-plus/archive/Armbian_25.8.1_Orangepi5-plus_trixie_current_6.12.43_minimal.img.xz There is also no reference to Debian13 in any repository on the Orangepi website.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.7k views
  58. I am downloading three different builds from 6.12 for orange pi 5. I have an orange pi 5 pro but since there is not dtb entry in 6.12 for that sbc in the Armbian 25.8.1 6.12.28 dtb file I used the orange pi 5b.dtb entry which works with the Armbian 25.8.1 6.1.115 images. The result is that the initramfs cant find a root disk - and when checking for drives in initramfs - there are none ls /dev/disks/by-uuid. So the initramfs file isn't running correctly as its not finding drives. I went back and loaded Armbian_24.8.1_Rock-5c-trixid_current_6.12.42_minimal.image and that boots up to root login. However if I change the card type to orangepi-5b. I cann…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.9k views
  59. Hello, Has any one installed and used OV5647 Sensor camera on orange pi 3b ? I can see the camera is listed. but there is no driver. Below is output. Can some one help ? -la /dev/video* -rw-rw---- 1 root video 67 Aug 8 13:53 /dev/video-dec0 -rw-rw---- 1 root video 4 Aug 8 13:53 /dev/video-enc0 sudo modprobe sun6i-csi [sudo] password for XXXXX: modprobe: FATAL: Module sun6i-csi not found in directory /lib/modules/6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx dmesg | grep -i mipi [ 12.108168] rockchip-mipi-csi2-hw fdfb0000.mipi-csi2-hw: enter mipi csi2 hw probe! [ 12.108575] rockchip-mipi-csi2-hw fdfb0000.mipi-csi2-hw: probe success…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4.8k views
  60. So I have two boards, and two images, both built with armbian-build. I built `current` on March 24th 2025 and HDMI and everything works great I built one this week and there is no HDMI output. Logs of the non-working one: Apr 07 18:36:09 radxa-zero3 kernel: mmc2: new UHS-I speed SDR104 SDIO card at address 390b Apr 07 18:36:09 radxa-zero3 kernel: rk808-rtc rk808-rtc.4.auto: registered as rtc0 Apr 07 18:36:09 radxa-zero3 kernel: rk808-rtc rk808-rtc.4.auto: setting system clock to 2017-08-05T09:00:10 UTC (1501923610) Apr 07 18:36:09 radxa-zero3 kernel: rockchip-vop2 fe040000.vop: Adding to iommu group 0 Apr 07 18:36:09 radxa-zero3 kernel: r…

  61. Hello everyone, I'm experiencing frequent network disconnections on my system running Armbian 24.5.3, both with Bookworm and Noble bases, which are both using Kernel 6.6.39. This issue becomes particularly frustrating when syncing files with Unison, as the interruptions disrupt the process frequently. To provide some background, I didn't encounter these network issues when I was using the last Focal version, which was running on Kernel 5.x. The current versions of Samba I'm using are 4.17.12-Debian on Bookworm and 4.19.5-Ubuntu on Noble. Unison is at version 2.52.1 on Bookworm and 2.53.3 on Noble. Both systems also have the latest updates for MDADM…

  62. Hi all, I’m working with an RK3588-based board and running into a frequency scaling issue. All cores (cpu0–7) are stuck at 408 MHz, despite available OPPs going much higher (up to 2.35 GHz on the big cores). Attempts to raise frequencies via scaling_setspeed or userspace governor have no effect. The image I'm using is: https://www.armbian.com/nanopc-cm3588-nas/ (https://dl.armbian.com/cm3588-nas/Bookworm_vendor_minimal-omv) Device tree file is: fdtfile=rockchip/rk3588-friendlyelec-cm3588-nas.dtb # for cpu in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu[0-9]*; do echo "== $(basename $cpu) ==" cat $cpu/cpufreq/scaling_available_freque…

  63. Hi, I'm trying to build for the Rock 3C so that I can minimize what goes into the kernel and system. I'm new at this and tried mostly default values (current, bookworm), except that I did minimal image instead of standard. The build failed at applying a patch. I don't know what to do with that. Can anyone help me diagnose? Also, how would I get into more details about building the image and choosing what to add/remove? Thanks!

    • Reputation Points

    • 11 replies
    • 4.5k views
  64. Started by stanelie,

    Hello. I have not been able to make the ethernet port working on a MKS Pi board with the latest armbian image found here : https://www.armbian.com/mks-pi/ I don't even get a link led ON on the ethernet connector when connected. Can anyone offer guidance? Thanks! P.S. I could not find a MKS-PI tag in the tag menu to identify this thread correctly. Can anyone fix this?

  65. We have been stuck on version 6.1 for almost half a year ever since the initial attempt to migrate to 6.12 caused some issues with HDMI if I remember correctly. Anyone knows if 6.12 or 6.14 are still in the works for this SBC? Thank you!

  66. Hi everyone! I recently bought an Orange Pi 5 Pro and decided to install kernel 6.10 on it, as I wanted to take advantage of the new drivers available in this kernel. I found that the [Orange Pi 5 Pro page on the Armbian website](https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-5-pro/) offers distributions with kernel 6.1, but not 6.10. After trying to install kernel 6.10 via `armbian-config` on an already installed system, I encountered an issue: the system stopped booting. ### Questions and Requests for Help 1. **Support for Kernel 6.10 on Orange Pi 5 Pro**: - Am I correct in understanding that kernel 6.10 is currently not supported for my board? - Does a…

  67. Hi, To my side, below work in root but not with systemd service: # Helios64 PWM Fan Control Configuration # Temp source : /dev/thermal-cpu #INTERVAL=10 INTERVAL=30 FCTEMPS=/dev/fan-p6/pwm1=/dev/thermal-cpu/temp1_input /dev/fan-p7/pwm1=/dev/thermal-cpu/temp1_input MINTEMP=/dev/fan-p6/pwm1=40 /dev/fan-p7/pwm1=40 MAXTEMP=/dev/fan-p6/pwm1=50 /dev/fan-p7/pwm1=50 MINSTART=/dev/fan-p6/pwm1=20 /dev/fan-p7/pwm1=20 MINSTOP=/dev/fan-p6/pwm1=20 /dev/fan-p7/pwm1=20 MINPWM=20 To my side, below work in root and with systemd service: # Helios64 PWM Fan Control Configuration # Temp source : /dev/thermal-cpu INTERVAL=10 …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.8k views
  68. In page station m2 -armbian say: Important. For the new images to work, it is necessary to update the u-boot in eMMC on M2\P2. The new version of u-boot is compatible with the existing official versions of Station and Ubuntu, which are released by Firefly. To upgrade to the new version of u-boot, you need to follow several steps. 1. Download a special version of the image from the link. download link but the download link: Nothing found There's a typo in the link, or the owner deleted the files or restricted access to them. Please update the download link,thanks!

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.2k views
  69. Hi everyone, Two Questions: 1) I have two Orange Pi 3 LTS boards at home. I installed AdGuard Home on one, serving as DHCP (I'll call it OP1), and on the other, I left a Docker with other apps (qbittorrent, omv6, samba, etc. - I'll call it OP2). Both are installed via SD card. But if there's a power outage, OP1 works normally again after, without any problems. But OP2, on the other hand, has experienced data corruption several times. Does anyone know why OP1 works fine and OP2 runs the risk of having to reinstall the system in such a case? 2) If I used a board with EMMC memory and unified all the system…

  70. My Radxa Rock 4SE does not boot since community-build 25.8.0-trunk.228. Current local builds based on the "main" branch are also affected. The bootloader log gives the following error: Checking hash(es) for config config-1 ... OK Checking hash(es) for Image atf-1 ... sha256+ OK Checking hash(es) for Image u-boot ... sha256+ OK Checking hash(es) for Image fdt-1 ... sha256+ OK Checking hash(es) for Image atf-2 ... sha256+ OK Checking hash(es) for Image atf-3 ... sha256+ OK ERROR: not expected type found -4001165690437497392 This source suggests, that it might be a problem with the ATF. However, my knowledge about details of the boot process are…

  71. Has anyone made WiFi adapter MT7601u to work with Rockchip64 as AP? I'm unable to compile the driver. I've tried: https://github.com/muratdemirtas/MT7601u https://github.com/Vyacheslav-S/mt7601u-AP https://github.com/Anthony96922/mt7601u-ap I've installed current headers, build-essential libncurses-dev bison flex libssl-dev libelf-dev. Any help appreciate it.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.4k views
  72. Quick preface: I'm a noob in many ways, though I'm trying to learn. I may make obvious mistakes and may need clearer instructions than most. Would really appreciate someone working with me here! So I realized earlier this year that I was still on Buster and that there were two newer OSs that I could upgrade to. I upgraded to Bullseye with support from ChatGPT which worked nicely. The upgrade to Bookworm hosed my system and it now fails to reboot. System Info (prior to failure): - Helios64 board - Armbian with OMV - Originally running Buster, then upgraded in sequence: first to Bullseye (worked fine), then to Bookworm - System was always boo…

  73. Hello all, not sure if this is the right place for bug reporting. I'm getting a kernel panic during early boot (no hdmi initialized at this stage) since october 2024 when doing kernel updates. Mitigated the issue with holding back apt kernel updates. today i found time to finally connect a serial console to collect a boot log. The issue only happens if the SATA Penta Hat is connected via the flex cable, upon disconnecting the system/image boots to login prompt. To produce a clean boot log i got the latest image and booted via sd card : Armbian_community_25.8.0-trunk.375_Rockpi-4a_bookworm_current_6.12.38_minimal.img (Edit: Not sure…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 3.5k views
  74. I've recently upgraded my NanoPi M4 V2 to Armbian_25.2.1_Nanopim4v2_bookworm_current_6.12.13_minimal.img.xz and since that, I have been getting random crashing of it, to the point that I have to manually power it down and up again to get it back running again. The only thing I've noticed is that this normally happens when there is intensive disk usage (like downloading a bunch of docker images, or when downloading large files from the internet). Here's the output from armbianmonitor -u pedro@nanopim4v2:~/docker$ armbianmonitor -u Collecting info and sending to paste.armbian.com, wait... dmesg: read kernel buffer failed: Operation not perm…

  75. Started by debianwrt,

    Hi all, I discovered this distro through FriendlyElec and I think it is the perfect hybrid of deb and wrt, but the only image is a file system, it doesn't even boot. All FriendlyElec's official ones are from 8 partitions with: boot, rootfs, kernel, etc, this one has everything in one and I don't think it's good for a mini device that runs in blocks like any openwrt. Has anyone installed on the r5c? How, is there a clean way to recreate the partitions? (note on boot: I turned on with sd and mask calc, steady red light, and eth mail router doesn't see it either. With friendlywrt and bullseye everything was working) Edit light blinks, I was confused between usbim…

  76. Started by Nicolò,

    Hello everyone, I recently bought an used Helios64 NAS without AC Adapter. I found some adapters on AliExpress (for Italian country) but I don't know the PIN disposition (about the polarity, V+ V- etc.) Could someone of you share a photo of the original Kobol Helios64 AC Adapter with the polarity details? Thanks.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.2k views
  77. After a recent kernel upgrade on a nanopi-r5s, the NVME device files /dev/nvme0* are no longer present. The relevant part of /var/log/syslog shows: 2025-07-05T20:55:35.716376+02:00 nanopi-r5s kernel: [ 0.000000] Linux version 6.12.35-current-rockchip64 (build@armbian) (aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc (Ubuntu 13.2.0-23ubuntu4) 13.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.42) #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jun 27 10:11:46 UTC 2025 ... 2025-07-05T20:55:35.719736+02:00 nanopi-r5s kernel: [ 4.491538] nvme nvme0: pci function 0002:01:00.0 2025-07-05T20:55:35.719739+02:00 nanopi-r5s kernel: [ 4.491584] nvme 0002:01:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002) There is a single …

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 3.5k views
  78. Hello guys Been using Armbian on my RockPi 4b as a media server for few months now and took every update up until the latest 25.5.0-trunk.185 Now this was made with apt upgrade command and after I reboot, system no longer boots at all, freezing on initial boot stage. No HDMI sign at all also. If I plug an old armbian that I have on sdcard, I see U-Boot screen for few seconds, then reboots (basically bootloop). OS was installed to internal eMMC. Downgraded back to Armbian_community_25.5.0-trunk.131_Rockpi-4b_bookworm_current_6.12.16_minimal from github and all is running fine, but again after upgrade command, same thing happens. Not that …

  79. I am attempting to set up rock-5b-plus to use as a Desktop device, with OBS Studio for livestreaming. My ultimate objective is that I wish to plug an HDMI signal (from a camera) into the HDMI input (`hdmiin`) and use this as a "Video Capture Device" for livestreaming from the camera. Steps I have taken so far: 1. Written this to the microSD card: `Armbian_25.2.2_Rock-5b-plus_bookworm_vendor_6.1.99_cinnamon-backported-mesa_desktop.img.xz` downloaded via [this link](https://dl.armbian.com/rock-5b-plus/Bookworm_vendor_cinnamon-backported-mesa) available [here](https://www.armbian.com/rock-5b-plus/). I opted for this one as it appeared to include …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.3k views
  80. I have spent 7 hours now trying to connect to my Neo3 via my laptop using a USB to Ethernet Adapter. Ive also tried changing the nanopi microsd card image to see if it has any effect. from Ubuntu / Armbian / DietPi. When im powering on my Neo3, with ubuntu only the red led shows, with the other two, the Red LED shows plus the green LED flashes. Is this actually possible? Can I plug my Neo into my laptop with a ethernet usb adapter? or does it have to be into a router? The error im getting on my laptop is Connection Failed : Activation of network connection failed. the network manager shows it forever stuck on Connecting…

    • Reputation Points

    • 11 replies
    • 7.7k views
  81. Good evening, I have got Orange pi 5 board. MAC address of this board network interface `end1` changes every time I reboot the system. I tried adding entry in /boot/armbianEnv.txt, I tried specifying hwaddress in /etc/network/interfaces. Neither of those two options worked.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 6.4k views
  82. Would it be easy to port Armbian on the Pipo M6 Pro and integrate additional device drivers to provide support for the touchscreen, the front and back camera and the sound? https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Pipo-M6Pro-GPS-Android-4-2-RK3188-Quad-Core-1-6GHz-Tablet-PC-9-7-inch-Retina-Capacitive-Touch-Screen-2048-1536-2GB-16GB-319264.html Is this something feasible in the first place? Anybody out there who want to help me on this project?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.4k views
  83. Hi, I'm trying to setup CM3588Plus NAS 3 x 4tb vp4300 nvme drives OpenMediaVault updated. Drives are setup to RAID5 with ext4. the OS is reporting that ssd temps getting to 63-68C while idling, and likes to creep up to 75C where if I'm correct thermal throttling starts to kick in. the SBC is in open air, no case/enclosure. room temp 21C. How to find the cause and solve it? Amy recommendations setup (change the fs) etc. Thanks a mill.

  84. Hello, I was trying to boot Armbian 6.10 from https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-5-pro/ minimal or normal desktop, none of them are working/booting, maybe hint what am I doing wrong? Thank you

  85. Hi, Just received my Nanopi R5C. Flashed the Debian 12 (Bookworm) Minimal/IOT images with Armbian Linux v6.12 from here https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-r5c/. Everything works well except that I could not get the WAN port working. Anyone has any idea? BTW, the Nanopi R5C looks different from the image showed on https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-r5c/. Mine has only 2 x 2.5Gb ports instead of the 3 port. The image on the page looks like a NanoPi R5S... Just a side note. Cheers.

  86. Please, I need an img of Armbian compatible with the following: RK3399T and with HDMI. I have tried all versions of Armbian and they do not work. Some do, but the problem is that it does not display an image. I believe it could be the HDMI. The most preferable versions for me are Armbian Noble or Bookworm. The problem also occurs during updates. After updating, the wireless does not work. If there is a version with this fixed, I would be grateful if someone could post a version for me, as up-to-date as possible. My Radxa is a Rock Pi 4Plus v1.73. With a 256GB microSD, I need an img of Armbian that is compatible with wireless and HDMI. If anyone can send me the link, I wou…

  87. Started by balbes150,

    The first version of Armbian images for Station M3 rk3588s (rk3588s-roc-pc) is available. the launch is very simple - download, unpack, burn to an SD card, connect to the device and turn on the power. The system starts automatically. At the first launch, perform the initial setup in the same way as all Armbian-enabled devices. https://disk.yandex.ru/d/-zSW21XKN0pfIA

  88. Hi all, which image should i choose for a LuckFox core3566 ? Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.8k views
  89. Hello, I try to use armbian image on SD card for my nanopi r6c, it is without emmc, can only boot with SD card. However, armbian can't boot correctly. It stop at pre-mount while booting up, please refer to attached screenshot. I tried the images that can download from armbian web site and build armbians image with my PC, none of them can work, all are same issue, but Dietpi image for r6c can boot successfully. Images tried, but not work: #download from armbian site Armbian_25.5.1_Nanopi-r6s_noble_vendor_6.1.115_gnome_desktop.img Armbian_25.5.1_Nanopi-r6s_bookworm_current_6.12.30_cinnamon-backported-…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.5k views
  90. Started by Kishor Pise,

    Hello all, I am trying to host the rtsp server using gstreamer on armbian. everything is latest and updated. I found, bare rtsp server is taking 3-4% of cpu usage. when I add timestamp and text overlay, cpu goes 23-25%. I was checking if I can enable GPU support, here is output. My system is on NVME, and its working so not sure why error popped. I am connected to wifi, so again not sure why wifi drivers are having issues. however my board never shows it has gpu. can some one guide me ? I have 2 mp camera, not a huge load. again memory is 8GB but never used beyond 1GB, but CPU is most of the time on above 70% dmesg | grep -i error …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.6k views
  91. Armbian 24.5 works normally, but this issue occurs in versions 24.8, 25.5 and 25.8 [ 0.872698] dwhdmi-rockchip ff940000.hdmi: supply avdd-0v9 not found, using dummy regulator [ 0.872852] dwhdmi-rockchip ff940000.hdmi: supply avdd-1v8 not found, using dummy regulator [ 2.361552] dwhdmi-rockchip ff940000.hdmi: supply avdd-0v9 not found, using dummy regulator [ 2.361723] dwhdmi-rockchip ff940000.hdmi: supply avdd-1v8 not found, using dummy regulator [ 2.361912] dwhdmi-rockchip ff940000.hdmi: Detected HDMI TX controller v2.11a with HDCP (DWC HDMI 2.0 TX PHY) [ 2.363007] rockchip-drm display-subsystem: bound ff940000.hdmi (ops 0xffff80008120fe60) …

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  92. Started by lluuaapp,

    In case someone is interested in a almost new Helios 64 "full bundle" with a lot of spare parts that did only run for about 3 months: https://www.ebay.de/itm/363567434154 Thanks, Paul

  93. Servus! I'm running an "old" Helios64, still with debian buster and kernel 5.9.14-rockchip64 ... pretty much the same installation, as I had setup the Helios64 years ago. So far it is running great, with no real issues. I have ZFS running on it, with 3 disks. Today I decided to upgrade to something new - and installed Armbian 25.5.1 / Nobel - with kernel "6.12.32-current-rockchip64". Helios64 boots up and everything seems to work fine. I was able to import my ZFS pool and it was accessible - however, when I do heavy i/o, e.g. md5sum on a big file, I get a lot of these errors: Jun 08 20:06:36 helios64 kernel: ata2.00: failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED J…

  94. Started by Kishor Pise,

    I have orange pi 3b, that has one NVME ssd. This boots hybrid from SD card and system is on NVME. I tried to make boot it without SSD but no luck as of now. my nvme is fast and supports 5GBS speed. /dev/nvme0n1 /dev/ng0n1 AA250310076 FIKWOT FN955 2TB 0x1 2.00 TB / 2.00 TB 512 B + 0 B X0430P00 Its avg benchmark speed is 415mbps which is very slower than avg. sudo lspci -vv | grep -i "LnkSta" LnkSta: Speed 5GT/s, Width x1 LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -6dB, EqualizationComplete- EqualizationPhase1- LnkSta: Speed 5GT…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.2k views
  95. Started by Thomm,

    On an OrangePi-5b, `apt-get update` a few days ago updated the kernel, and now bluetooth no longer works. What's the proper way to downgrade the kernel to whatever I had before? (armbian-config shows way too many options)? Better yet, get it working again? bluetoothctl does not see the controller at all, and dmesg gives the following: $ dmesg|grep -i bluetoo [ 2.796188] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.22 [ 2.796203] NET: Registered PF_BLUETOOTH protocol family [ 2.796206] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized [ 2.796211] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized [ 2.796214] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized [ 2.796220] Blue…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.2k views
  96. Started by balbes150,

    The alpha version of Armbian images for R57 with kernel edge 6.15 is now available Kernel is powered by HW panfrost acceleration on Gnome (wayland) and on XFCE (x11). Please note that in this version, the primary settings are enabled on the UART console, and to use the keyboard, you need to log in as ROOT with the password 1234 https://disk.yandex.ru/d/1M9FUcTqn5kEOw offtopic Libreelec for Mekotronics R57 https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/20823-unofficial-le-for-rk356x-rk3328-rk3399-rk3588-s-rk3576/?postID=199809#post199809 Armbian 25.04 Noble ttyS0 r57 login: root Password: ____ ____ _____ | …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.9k views
  97. Started by balbes150,

    A test version of Armbian images to run from NVMe without having to write the curve of the official u-boot version to SPI (which breaks the launch of other systems from SD cards and other media). The whole system works completely with NVMe . https://disk.yandex.ru/d/V5AxXNN2yJnOfg The installation of the system on NVMe and u-boot in SPI was checked using the standard tools of the armbian-config utility. Everything works correctly. Also in this new u-boot, the ability to start the system in EFI mode is available. To install a system with EFI\grub on NVMe. Install a new bootloader in SPI. Start the system from the SD card and burn …

  98. Started by registr123,

    Helios64 for sale. Works well. With battery. 2.5 lan mod haven't been done. Based in Germany.

  99. Started by broodwich82,

    I see from photos of the FriendlyElec metal case (without display) for the NanoPi M6 that there appear to be two holes for wifi antennas. Does anyone know if the optional wifi card sold by FriendlyElec comes with antennas? If not, are they a standard size which I can buy somewhere else?

  100. Would like to be running fail2ban but missing an important kernel module -> xt_multiport Any ideas on obtaining this? modprobe: FATAL: Module xt_multiport not found in directory /lib/modules/6.12.22-current-rockchip64

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.