Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockchip

Community maintained Rockchip boards

  1. Started by Hossein Majidi,

    Hi, I'm using Armbian Bookworm for my Orangepi 4 LTS (RK3399). In the setting section (Armbian-config), I did enable SPI, however after rebooting, there is no spidev in the /dev/ directory. I hope you can help me. Also I need usart2B, I know its pins are available in this board but I don't see any related configuration or options.

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.2k views
  2. Hello everyone I wanted to build Armbian on the AIO-3588Q board. But I did not see that there was a configuration of this board. There was a configuration of the ITX-3588j board and other manufacturers on the same rk3588 platform and tried to build Armbian. In the assembled images in GPT format, only rootfs was stored (it combines rootfs and kernel (boot.img) according to the rockchip documentation). After I built it, I installed it in the rootds partition, it was installed without any errors. But the system does not start. You turn on the power, the fan starts spinning very fast, spins for 5 seconds, the lower LED lights up, and then the fan stops, the light go…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  3. Armbian/Jammy is working like a charm, thanks guys. Settings up the encryption was a bit of bitch but its working as you can see. Any chance of adding encryption to the installer?

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 5.1k views
  4. I am trying to build a kernel module on latest tinkerboard Armbian release: uname -a Linux tinkerboard 6.6.47-current-rockchip #2 SMP Mon Aug 19 04:04:32 UTC 2024 armv7l GNU/Linux The kernel module in question is Open Source Mali Midgard GPU Kernel Driver, downloaded from ARM. I installed kernel headers through armbian-config: ls /usr/src/linux-headers-6.6.47-current-rockchip arch certs Documentation fs init ipc kernel Makefile Module.symvers rust scripts sound usr block crypto drivers include io_uring Kconfig lib mm net samples security tools virt When I run make with verbose optio…

  5. Started by CONQ,

    I builded u-boot for orangepi3B from https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong/orangepi-build repo and I compiled armbian with officiall repo wit this config:https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/main/config/boards/orangepi3b.csc GitHub (https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong/orangepi-build). Problem: Data: - Version (branch) u-boot cloned form orangepi-build official repo: - Debug via UART from OPI3B: CONQ., [13.11.2024 10:14] DDR Version V1.10 20210810 ln ddrconfig:7 LPDDR4X, 324MHz BW=32 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=17 CS1 Row=17 CS=2 Die BW=8 Size=8192MB tdqss: cs0 dqs0: -72ps, dqs1: -168ps, dqs2: -96ps, dqs3: -168ps, tdqss: cs1 dqs0: -72ps, dqs1: -144…

  6. Hey Everyone, I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. I recently purchased a Radxa Rock 5B+ and I installed the debian bookworm test build provided by radxa on there getting started page. https://docs.radxa.com/en/rock5/rock5b/getting-started/install-os/boot_from_sd_card https://github.com/radxa-build/rock-5b-plus-6_1/releases/download/rsdk-t4/rock-5b-plus-6_1_bookworm_kde_t4.output.img.xz I was mainly intent on using the HDMI with gstreamer using custom resolutions, but found that when using custom resolutions they cannot use the YCrCb pixel format only RGB8. It seems based on the following comment that RGB8 videoconvert hardware …

  7. Started by invictus101,

    Hello, how to get I2C-2 device support in overlay? I have checked /boot/dtb/rockchip/overlay/README.rockchip-overlays and only i2c-7 and i2c-8 seems to be there. GPIO pins are here GPIO2_A0 and GPIO2_A1 https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/hardware/gpio#Rock_Pi_4A_.2F_4A_Plus_.2F_4B_.2F_4B_Plus_.2F_4C_.2F_4C_Plus.28.3E.3DV1.2.29_general_purpose_input-output_.28GPIO.29_connector Thank you!

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.1k views
  8. Hi all, https://paste.armbian.com/koqimivaro vendor kernel boots, detects ethernet, wifi & nvme (booting from SD card) and seem to be working well. Also attached are the UART gathered first boot/install logs. I think the SBC accidentally skipped over the root password by resting on the enter key 😁 uart-logs.txt

  9. Hi, could we add tag and section for Orange Pi 5 Max? I looked at the forum and couldnt find it here.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.2k views
  10. Hi! I am working on a project in which audio is transmitted over the I2S bus to TAS6424-Q1 chips. I am using the Radxa Rock S0 board, the latest stable Armbinan 6.6 kernel and an additionally compiled dummy-codec module. 1. If I use the following overlay // Definitions for 8-ch-output /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { compatible = "radxa,rockpis", "rockchip,rk3308"; fragment@0 { target = <&i2s_8ch_0>; __overlay__ { #sound-dai-cells = <0>; rockchip,clk-trm = <1>; status = "okay"; }; …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.5k views
  11. It's just plain Orange Pi 3B board with default factory config booted from SD card. As you can see most apps can't be started, they just fail silently. If started from terminal they log some exceptions. OS is completely unusable. Hardware is functional and it works well with the default Orange Pi images. Here is the demo video:

  12. Hello. I'm trying to get the PWM2 and 3 to work on RockPi E. I made a custom dts to enable PWM2, loaded using armbian-add-overlay: /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { compatible = "rockchip,rk3328"; fragment@0 { target = <0xffffffff>; __overlay__ { status = "okay"; }; }; __fixups__ { pwm2 = "/fragment@0:target:0"; }; }; But the kernel doesn't boot: Any idea? I already tried to enable uart1 using custom dtbo and it works without problem. I'm testing on Ubuntu Noble Minimal/IoT v24.8.3 for Rockpi E running Armbian Linux 6.6.51-current-rockchip64 …

  13. I have a RockPi 4c plus v1.41 with the Armbian Community version Armbian_community_24.11.0-trunk.202_Rockpi-4cplus_bookworm_current_6.6.53_minimal. Everything is okay, till i attach a dougther board (https://z-wave.me/products/razberry-old/) to the Rockpi. Normaly it boots fine from SDcard, but after attaching the that dougther board it won't boot anymore. It seems to stuck in uboot. I have done some boot logs, but everything before line 110 is identical WithDB.txt WithoutDB.txt

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  14. I've tried installing k3s on my OP5Pro and it did not work out because I was missing a couple of things on the kernel. I read the docs on building a new kernel. Did that and was able to get a working 6.1.75 kernel. Even though i got some errors when installing the generated packages. What I did not find in the documents is how I can work on a new kernel. Say 6.11. Has anyone done this? Can you help me out? Thanks! P.D. On a side note. I built this kernel in the OP it self and it was kinda slow. What image can I load in vmware under a macbook air m3 to compile and build faster?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. Started by sgofferj,

    Morning all, so I got myself a FriendlyElec CM3588 NAS board for testing and in the end integrating in my homelab. I tried a few Armbian images - FriendlyElec suggests the NanoPi R6S image and I tried the NanoPC T6 image. Both boot but both have some issues, e.g. no USB connectivity and no HDMI out (T6). While not a being developer or SBC specialist, I am a Linux user since 1995 (server)/1996 (desktop) and I am used to some pain, tinkering and problem solving. Is there any kind of "getting started with a new board"- or similar document that I could use as a starting point to tinker with this board? Any hints, advice? Of course I could use the …

    • Reputation Points

    • 12 replies
    • 14.3k views
  16. I want to directly create an armbian root file system called rootfs.img and then adapt it to the RK kernel configuration to run compilation scripts/ Build.sh updateimg directly generates image burning I don't know if this method is feasible

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.6k views
  17. Started by Werner,

    DDR 2d653b3476 typ 24/01/20-15:04:19,fwver: v1.21 In LP4/4x derate en, other dram:1x trefi ddrconfig:0 LPDDR4X, 324MHz BW=32 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=16 CS=1 Die BW=16 Size=2048MB tdqss: cs0 dqs0: -48ps, dqs1: -96ps, dqs2: -96ps, dqs3: -192ps, change to: 324MHz PHY drv:clk:36,ca:36,DQ:29,odt:0 vrefinner:24%, vrefout:41% dram drv:40,odt:0 clk skew:0x64 rx vref: 26.4% tx vref: 36.0% change to: 528MHz PHY drv:clk:36,ca:36,DQ:29,odt:0 vrefinner:24%, vrefout:41% dram drv:40,odt:0 clk skew:0x58 rx vref: 28.4% tx vref: 36.0% change to: 780MHz PHY drv:clk:36,ca:36,DQ:29,odt:60 vrefinner:16%, vrefout:41% dram drv:40,odt:0 clk skew:0x58 rx vref: 16.6% tx vref: 32.0% change to: 1560…

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 4.6k views
  18. I had lost network interface when upgrade linux-image-vendor-rk35xx to 24.8.4 from 24.8.2 and reboot. I had downgrade to 24.8.2, then I got network interface. linux-dtb-vendor-rk35xx 24.8.4 linux-image-vendor-rk35xx 24.8.2 In other way, I had update bootloader by armbian-config to MTD-Flash then I got network interface. but, I had trouble in HDMI output that not display for two display, display only one. armbian-config 24.8.4 linux-dtb-vendor-rk35xx 24.8.4 linux-image-vendor-rk35xx 24.8.4 If you know of a cause, please provide informati…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.6k views
  19. Started by Dantes,

    Hiya, Are the mirrors out of sync? or did I break something E: Failed to fetch http://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/bookworm-backports/non-free-firmware/binary-arm64/by-hash/SHA256/bc6dc27f7f88e60504fae9d9271e4dabaaa76b8a3a35ac6ec579e24d01d0ea16 E: Failed to fetch http://fi.mirror.armbian.de/beta/dists/bookworm/main/by-hash/SHA512/31775333c7d89a377fd3d2aac261ef684faeaba308fcf85b3c9ddc7f4f4a61712f5e398bc3b23464fd77d3eabd2b86e92b5dcc8dc2e44a27926f546708418c1a Hash Sum mismatch Hashes of expected file: - Filesize:5041046 [weak] - SHA512:31775333c7d89a377fd3d2aac261ef684faeaba308fcf85b3c9ddc7f4f4a61712f5e398bc3b23464fd77d3eabd2b86e92b5dcc8dc…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.8k views
  20. Started by melson,

    Hello All, I have bought banana PI m5 pro SBC, but there is no wiringPI developed for this edition and armbian-config doesnt show UART,i2c enabling method may I know how to develop wiring pi for this edition and how to enable i2c and uart manually

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  21. Hey, I also wanted to use the Rockchip VPU inside my Jeyllfin docker-container. But on my machine (RK3389, 6.6.47-current-rockchip64, Armbian v24.8.4 bullseye), I only can only see "dri": ls -l /dev | grep -E "mpp|rga|dri|dma_heap" drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 120 Oct 18 11:18 dri How can I install the missing parts? All I found when googling was finding installing for ubuntu and not debian. For the required OpenCL (libmali) I used this: mkdir -p ~/tmp/libmali && cd ~/tmp/libmali wget 'https://github.com/tsukumijima/libmali-rockchip/releases/download/v1.9-1-55611b0/libmali-valhall-g610-g13p0-gbm_1.9-1_arm64.deb' sudo dpkg -i ./libmali-valh…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 8.6k views
  22. Hi, I'm using a bananaPI m5 pro SBC with a rk3576 CPU and built-in emmc and linaro OS. I'd like to install minimal/IOT images using Armbian Linux v6.1. I went through all of the banana PI docs, but none of them contained any useful information about installing the OS and booting from SD cards. Can someone help me with this?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.6k views
  23. I installed this version (v24.11) of Armbian on a Rock Pi 4A Plus with a PoE hat and observed significant network performance issues. When powered via PoE, the network speed becomes extremely slow and unreliable, averaging around 40 kbps. However, when I switch to using a power brick, the network operates as expected, reaching up to 1 Gbps. I also tested an older version (v24.8.4) and found that the network functions correctly with both the PoE hat and power brick. Could anyone provide insights into what might be causing these issues with the newer image?

  24. Started by RockBass,

    Hello everyone, Hello everyone, I have installed Armbian Bookworm 23.11.1 (kernel 5.10.110). The fan control does not work. The fan only runs at level 1. None of the many patches I tried worked. The last one tried was this: https://forum.radxa.com/t/guide-on-how-to-customize-you-pwm-fan-curve/17442 I can adjust the fan manually, but the automatic doesn't work. The "policy" file (/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/policy) cannot be permanently changed to "step wise" (logged in as root). After restarting it is back to "user_space"... The access rights are: -rw-r--r--1 root root 4096 Feb 11 02:42 policy …

  25. Hi, I am wondering if people have tried the Banana-Pi M7 board with `armbian monitor -m` and `stress --cpu 8` in different ssh or window terminals, both with bare board, with metal case, and also with different kernels ? I have had temperature issues with Banana-Pi M3 RockChip boards, and am wondering if M7's suffer the same.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  26. Hello everyone! I will teach you how to install WiringOP on Armbian. It's not the most practical method, but it works. First, we download the repository from the original website. $ apt-get update $ apt-get install -y git $ git clone https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong/wiringOP.git Then, we proceed to look for the name of our board that is associated with Armbian. $ cat /etc/armbian-release | grep "BOARD=" | awk -F'=' '{print $2}' The previous command will give us the name of the board, which is the following: root@armbian:~# cat /etc/armbian-release | grep "BOARD=" | awk -F'=' '{print $2}' orangepi-r1plus-lts Now, we pro…

  27. To prevent APT from installing <other-device> kernels that will render an installation useless I did the following: To see which kernel is running: $ uname -r 6.11.2-current-rockchip-rk3588 To see which kernels are installed: $ dpkg --get-selections 'linux-image*' inux-image-current-rockchip-rk3588 install linux-image-edge-rockchip-rk3588 install Its clear to see that I need "rockchip-rk3588" kernels and not the other 1000+ so wonderfully provides. Now that I know which kernel is used and which are not, I will allow and block what I need: $ sudo nano /etc/apt/preferences.d/kernel The fi…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  28. I have encountered an issue on my Rock Pi 4C+ where a USB 3.0 drive plugged into the lower USB 3.0 port is recognized as USB 2.0 speed if inserted before boot. However, if I hot-plug the drive after boot, it switches to USB 3.0 speed as expected. Tested Images: Community Images: Armbian_community_24.11.0-trunk.202_Rockpi-4cplus_noble_current_6.6.53_gnome-kisak_desktop.img.xz Armbian_community_24.11.0-trunk.167_Rockpi-4cplus_noble_current_6.6.52_gnome-kisak_desktop.img Official Image (No Issue): Armbian_23.11.1_Rockpi-4cplus_bookworm_current_6.1.63.img Has anyone else experienced this, or found a workaround for the community versions? …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.8k views
  29. Hiya peoples, Finally figured out what caused my black screen after updating After installing a new kernel (via apt) the '/boot/dtb' symlink is not updated, and fails to boot properly. lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Oct 7 11:38 dtb -> dtb-6.11.2-edge-rockchip-rk3588 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 38 Oct 7 08:49 Image -> vmlinuz-6.11.2-current-rockchip-rk3588 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 38 Oct 7 08:49 uInitrd -> uInitrd-6.11.2-current-rockchip-rk3588 So I wrote a systemd service that: 1. Runs before shutdown/reboot 2. Changes into the /boot directory 3. Reads the version from the dtb symlink 4. Reads th…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.3k views
  30. Posting here following what was recommended on twitter. After updating my helios64 earlier this week and rebooting to get the new kernel, I realized it was suspiciously silent. A quick check to sensor temps readings and physical check made me realize the fan were not spinning. After a quick read on the wiki, I checked fancontrol which was indeed failing: root@helios64:~ # systemctl status fancontrol.service ● fancontrol.service - fan speed regulator Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/fancontrol.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled) Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/fancontrol.service.d └─pid.conf Active: failed (Result:…

  31. Hello, When choosing Boot from eMMC - system on SATA, USB or NVMe in armbian-install using the Armbian 24.8.3 Bookworm Minimal / IOT, Kernel: 6.1.75, Release date: Sep 14, 2024 image on my NanoPi R6C, I get the following error: The wird device name is also mentioned on the two preceeding dialogs ("it is highly recommended to wipe all partitions" and "this will wipe all data"). I took a look at the argmbian-install script and the check_partitions routine seems to assume that $diskcheck contains something that, when prefixed with /dev, can be used in the of parameter of the dd command. It is computed as root_uuid=$(sed…

  32. Started by tobefond,

    It does not matter which of the lastest Images I am downloading for the NanoPC T4, none of them is showing any sign of boot sequence. I flashed the images with balena etcher to the SD-Card before. I thought writing the image with etcher to SD-Card is all I need to do. My old system Shaitan with OMV is booting from SD-Card witout any issue. I have no idea, why none of the newer Images escpecially for the NanoPC T4 is not booting at all. Does someone has any idea?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.4k views
  33. Started by technik007_cz,

    On the LTS version of this board, there is no other chance than to run the vendor-rk35xx kernel if you want to see something on a screen. I noticed strange behaviour when this SBC was attached to a 2k QHD screen with the latest vendor kernel. Display size was limited to FullHD instead QHD and Firefox were crashing. When I switched from desktop to terminal I saw the top left corner of the QHD terminal cut to the size of FullHD which was quite a problem because I could not see what I was writing. Today I tried kernel downgrade from 6.1.75 to 6.1.43-vendor-rk35xx and now I can see QHD on QHD and the Firefox stopped crashing. Hopefully, they will patch the ke…

  34. If you want to build out-of-tree kernel modules, you will need: kernel headers (installed with apt) kernel sources in /usr/src (cloned from git) kernel config (from /proc/config.gz) some preparation of the sources (but you can avoid building it 😉) # Install kernel headers apt install -y linux-headers-legacy-rk35xx # Install kernel source cd /usr/src git clone https://github.com/armbian/linux-rockchip.git ln -nsf linux-rockchip linux-5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx cd linux-rockchip git checkout rk-5.10-rkr6 # Prepare kernel source zcat /proc/config.gz >.config yes | make olddefconfig make prepare modules_prepare cp /usr/src/linux-headers-$…

  35. Hi, First of all, kudos to the entire Armbian team! I am fond of SBC Linux systems, and having a single minimalistic distro for all of them is a great initiative. 👏 I am trying to boot Armbian on my Orange Pi 3B without success using the following vendor images: Armbian_community_24.8.0-trunk.369_Orangepi3b_bookworm_vendor_6.1.43_minimal.img Armbian_community_24.8.0-trunk.399_Orangepi3b_bookworm_vendor_6.1.43_minimal.img The following edge images work fine: Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi3b_bookworm_edge_6.6.2.img Armbian_community_24.8.0-trunk.399_Orangepi3b_bookworm_edge_6.9.9_minimal.img …

  36. Hi! My Orange Pi 5 (no Pro, no Plus, no B…) was running Armbian, the Debian Bullseye flavour. It was running Linux `5.10.110-rockchip-rk3588`, then I installed the `linux-image-current-rockchip-rk3588` metapackage, which pulled and installed Linux `6.10.6-current-rockchip-rk3588`. Right after having installed such kernel, I tried to reboot the device, but the device never rebooted: it's just stuck at startup, nothings is displayed on screen and the device is not available on the network (doesn't do any DHCP request at all). I fully unplugged anything from the board, including removing and re-inserting the microSD card. The device now refuses to boot since I up…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.6k views
  37. Hi, I had some issues regarding WireGuard that are solved now. Since my armbian release already contains wireguard I have no need to install it. However I wanted to prevent any future mistake rendering my installation unbootable. So after some searching and experimenting I did the following: In order to block a package a file must be created in /etc/apt/preferences.d/ , in my case I called it wireguard $ sudo tee /etc/apt/preferences.d/wireguard &>/dev/null <<EOF Package: wireguard Pin: release * Pin-Priority: -1 EOF This is what it looks like now when trying to install the package: $ sudo apt install wireguard Reading…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  38. Hi, I tried to install WireGuard, but it resulted in a non-bootable-system Wasn't WireGuard integrated in the kernel ? How does this apply to Armbian ? Available rk3588 kernels: $ sudo apt search linux-image.*rk3588 Sorting... Done Full Text Search... Done linux-image-current-rockchip-rk3588/bookworm,now 24.11.0-trunk.152 arm64 [installed] Armbian Linux current kernel image 6.10.11-current-rockchip-rk3588 linux-image-edge-rockchip-rk3588/bookworm 24.11.0-trunk.152 arm64 Armbian Linux edge kernel image 6.11.0-edge-rockchip-rk3588 $ Apt tries to install this kernel: $ sudo apt install wireguard wireguard-…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.3k views
  39. I have a problem i cant install armbian to orange pi 5b - i change armbianEnv.txt file (change to 5b) and when i use sudo armbian-install and choose 2nd option install mmc installer hangs and saying everything is allright but i cant boot after install without sd card. I have video of this: https://youtu.be/GKfPTD2PKRM Please help

  40. Hello everyone, I somehow managed to brick my OrangePi 4 LTS. I had the Armbian running on it and decided to try the newest install in a minimal format so no desktop. Installed it, made all the setup and restarted. Since then no other image works, neither the official orangepi images nor any other armbian image. I tried booting off without the SD Card, trying to flash another OS with the SD card and read out the TTL and this is what I get: DDR Version 1.25 20210517 In channel 0 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x2 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x0 MR19=0x0 MR24=0x8 MR25=0x0 channel 1 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x2 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x…

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 5.9k views
  41. Started by Helder Freitas,

    Tried installing rock 4se image and rockpi 4b image. Both blink the blue led but none gives me hdmi output or network connection. What is the correct image for this sbc? The silkscreen says rockpi 4 SE Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 3.7k views
  42. Started by Igor,

    https://www.armbian.com/odroid-m1/ - kernel 6.1.y LTS

  43. when updating my orange pi 5, I got the following error. What can I do to fix it? ``` update-initramfs: Armbian: Symlinking /boot/uInitrd-5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx to /boot/uInitrd ln: failed to create symbolic link '/boot/uInitrd': Operation not permitted update-initramfs: Symlink failed, moving /boot/uInitrd-5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx to /boot/uInitrd renamed '/boot/uInitrd-5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx' -> '/boot/uInitrd' update-initramfs: Armbian: done. ```

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 2.9k views
  44. Started by Halil,

    Can I run a YOLOv8 model in RKNN format, developed for Rockchip 3588, on a Rockchip 3588S without any issues?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  45. When using my (intel) laptop I get when I check my nvme (as root): # lspci -vvvs 01:00|grep -E "ASPM|L1" DevCap: MaxPayload 512 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <1us, L1 unlimited LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 16GT/s, Width x4, ASPM L1, Exit Latency L1 <8us ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot- ASPMOptComp+ LnkCtl: ASPM L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes, Disabled- CommClk+ Capabilities: [900 v1] L1 PM Substates L1SubCap: PCI-PM_L1.2+ PCI-PM_L1.1+ ASPM_L1.2+ ASPM_L1.1- L1_PM_Substates+ L1SubCtl1: PCI-PM_L1.2- PCI-PM_L1.1- ASPM_L1.2- ASPM_L1.1- L1SubCtl2: T_PwrOn=500us With the 6.1-…

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 15.1k views
  46. Dear all I have a nanopc T6 with kernel 5.10.160 bullseye and omv 6 EMC 256gb avec NVME I would like to pass on omv 7 with bookworm. I found this command which change all automatically and keep the configuration. "omv-release-upgrade" Could you please confirm that this command could be used with armbian or an other metod exist ? Thanks in advance for your support.

  47. Hello. I have a Tinkerboard "regular" (without internal memory). My OS is Armbian 23.02.2 Lunar. I tried many times updating to Armbian 23.10 but system always brokes. Previously, I ever can update earlier versions without problems. I post in another topic this problem and finally, a forum member showed me that the problem was that there were no drivers for my internal storage in this version. So, my hope now lies in whether I can upgrade to Armbian 24.5.1. I also want to upgrade because the audio drivers haven't been working for a long time and I've tried a thousand things described in different forums. So, in short, how can I upgrade WITHOUT making a new i…

  48. Dear Community, This might only be with the NanoPI-r6c images, but the SHASUM contains a temporary path which you don't have an thus fails. Since we cannot change the SHASUM because then the ASC would fail, I have a temporary workaround: sed 's,/.*/,,' armbian.img.sha | sha256sum -c In a script you could either 1. CD into the directory of the image 2. Run the SHASUM there 3. Use $OLDPWD to return or correct the SHASUM inline: sha256sum /path/to/file | sed 's,/.*/,,' > armbian.img.sha Dantes

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  49. Hi folks, I have a Firefly AIO-3399C which boots Armbian fine, but no USB devices besides the root devices are detected. This happens with both the kernel 5.19.170 and 6.0.7 based images, made by @balbes150, which I've downloaded from https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/firefly-rk3399/ Any advice would be appreciated. U-Boot 2022.04-armbian (Nov 03 2022 - 17:26:20 +0300) Linux firefly-rk3399 5.19.17-media #trunk SMP PREEMPT Thu Nov 3 17:40:36 MSK 2022 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux In dmesg output, I see the following, which may be relevant: [ 4.616394] hub 7-0:1.0: USB hub found [ 14.296598] fusb30x: module is from the sta…

  50. The image is coped on SD using: sudo dd if=Armbian_23.8.2_Orangepi3b_bookworm_edge_6.5.2.img of=/dev/sda bs=1M status=progress The initial startup is fine (booting, setting of root password, user name/password, wifi setup as well as locales/tzdata). We obtain a system with working internet connection, it can be upgraded using apt etc. However, after reboot wifi fails (the first impression was that we installed something wrong during upgrade phase. However, the sequence: fresh sdcard boot, armbian initialization, reboot (through the reboot command, not a button)) still results in the following: 1708 [ 6.944457] WCN_ERR: read marlin3E chip id fail, r…

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 8.3k views
  51. I had tried twice making OPi3b img but it always gave me kernel panic. The reason is my SBC v2.1 while all sources / firmware used in build framework corresponds to v1.1. I have given a week to study .dts .csc & defconfig files which are all different from latest SBC v2.1 v2.1 using Broadcom AP6256 & examining official builds by vendor it uses wl driver In order to get wireless working as well as solving kernel panic error I tried doing this Step 1 Changed .csc file in /home/ukhan/build/config/boards. From default to new (hastebin links) Default csc file was weird this file didn't exist BOOTCONFIG="orangepi-3b-rk3566_de…

  52. Started by serkan uz,

    Hello, thank you for your new image work. However, although I wrote to write your image to emmc or sd card, the device does not respond at all. The previous version Armbian_23.11.1_Panther-x2_bookworm_current_6.1.63.img.xz works normally on my panther device. The new version and minimal iot version do not boot at all. I kindly request your information about Armbian_community_24.11.0-trunk.25_Panther-x2_bookworm_current_6.6.47_minimal .img.xz.

  53. I'm trying to setup disk encryption, but for some reason its not opening devices after installing cryptsetup-bin on the installation image. After typing the password it just hangs and does nothing $ cryptsetup open /dev/sda sda_crypt Anyone?

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.4k views
  54. While a friend of mine was developing my Rockchip rv 1126 device, we lost access as a result of a wrong operation. The device is powered on. the red light on the back is on, but we cannot access the device we have previously identified from the ip's. When I try the usb port on the device, I get a device not recognized warning in ubuntu 22.04 and windows10. Can anyone help me to reinstall the operating system or access the device? Thank you.

  55. With the recent update of the kernel "edge" package (6.8.11-edge-rockchip64) when the system boots. interfaces get different names (they used to be "end0" and "eth1" before, and now they are "eth0" and "eth1"), but more importantly, they both show different MAC address (the old address returns when previous kernel is booted). It took some time to figure why it did not appear on its prescribed address... Anyone notice this, or has a clue why? Armbian 24.5.5 noble Linux kobol 6.8.11-edge-rockchip64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 25 14:28:41 UTC 2024 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 3.1k views
  56. Built latest image for a Rock 3c based device and am having an issue with ethernet connectivity. Boots fine. Wifi works well and it seems functional other than Eth connectivity. My old DTB (from 4.19) will not boot , using a rock3c DTB instead to get a 90% functional device Showing the following for ethernet dmesg | grep eth [ 0.000000] psci: probing for conduit method from DT. [ 3.199039] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: IRQ eth_lpi not found [ 3.199576] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: clock input or output? (output). [ 3.199601] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: TX delay(0x30). [ 3.199614] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: RX delay(0x10). [ …

  57. flashed Both Armbian_community_24.8.0-trunk.495_Tinker-edge-r_noble_current_6.6.43_gnome_desktop, Armbian_community_24.8.0-trunk.495_Tinker-edge-r_noble_current_6.6.43_gnome_desktop. stalling cpu, and failing to boot. logs for both attached. Armbian_community_24.8.0-trunk.495_Tinker-edge-r_noble_current_6.6.43_gnome_desktop.txt Armbian_community_24.8.0-trunk.495_Tinker-edge-r_bookworm_current_6.6.43_minimal.txt

  58. Howdy. I m running a Helios64 on Armbian 21.02.1 Buster with Linux 5.10.63-rockchip64. I realise this is somewhat old, but it works for me. I have been using MergerFS to present a big "vritual" storage area on my server: jon@OXYGEN:~$ more /etc/fstab UUID=a79a14c0-3cf4-4fb9-a6c6-838571351371 / ext4 defaults,noatime,nodiratime,commit=600,errors=remount-ro 0 1 tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,nosuid 0 0 # "Disk 2" = /dev/sda3 = 8d360e1c-1908-4d8d-8289-2b1c83604950 UUID=8d360e1c-1908-4d8d-8289-2b1c83604950 /srv/m…

  59. Hello, I have been trying to interface with a MCP2518FD CAN controller using a RockPi 4b and have been encountering some issues. The specifications in which I want the CANbus to operate are as such: Baud: 250kb/s FD: OFF Other details: Oscillator: 40MHz SPI Bus: SPI1 (see below) The RockPi pins that are being used are the following (based on the standard pinout of the RockPi 4B https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock4/hardware/gpio) Pin #19 SPI1_TXD -> MOSI Pin #21 SPI1_RXD -> MISO Pin #23 SPI1_CLK -> SCK Pin #22 GPIO4_D5 -> INT Pin #24 SPI1_CSn -> CS I have tri…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3k views
  60. Hi guys, I am building armbian image for rockpi4b+ and its kernel is 6.0.11(edge version) and the bluetooth failed start up. If anyone knows what kernel 6.0.11 did that cause the problem: wzkiro@rockpi-4bplus:~$ dmesg | grep brcm [ 7.069061] brcmfmac: F1 signature read @0x18000000=0x15294345 [ 7.108688] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43456-sdio for chip BCM4345/9 [ 7.109142] usbcore: registered new interface driver brcmfmac [ 7.236547] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43456-sdio for chip BCM4345/9 [ 7.245940] brcmfmac: brcmf_c_preinit_dcmds: Firmware: BCM4345/9 wl0: Feb 11 2020 11:54:51 version 7.45.96.61 …

  61. Started by drock,

    I have been trying to research this and have come up a bit blank. I am trying to figure out if I need to do anything special to enable panfrost. I have built a jammy and bookworm image using the stable kernel. Both boot fine, but are both using llvmpipe. It does look like its trying to use panfrost. Inside of dmesg: [ 20.098662] panfrost fde60000.gpu: clock rate = 594000000 [ 20.098685] panfrost fde60000.gpu: bus_clock rate = 500000000 [ 20.098820] panfrost fde60000.gpu: Looking up mali-supply from device tree [ 20.099041] panfrost fde60000.gpu: _of_add_opp_table_v2: no supported OPPs [ 20.099287] panfrost fde60000.gpu: devfreq init failed -2 [ 20.09930…

  62. I am using Debian Image (https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-5-pro/), USB 3.0 is not working, does not have any power, with original distros or (JR Ubuntu) is USB 3.0 working, any idea how to bring it to life? Thank you Linux orangepi5pro 6.1.75-vendor-rk35xx #1 SMP Fri Jul 19 14:49:03 UTC 2024 aarch64 GNU/Linux admin@orangepi5pro:~$ lsusb Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode) Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1a40…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.2k views
  63. I have installed Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5_noble_vendor_6.1.43_gnome-oibaf_desktop.img on orangepi 5 pro. I found that it cannot recognize the m.2 SATA disk. Is there any solution to this? thanks very much.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3k views
  64. Hello Each time I try to upgrade to kernel 6.6.39 on a rockpi-4a the system become unbootable: ## Flattened Device Tree blob at 01f00000 Booting using the fdt blob at 0x1f00000 Loading Ramdisk to f01f6000, end f1f0Ad94 ... OK Loading Device Tree tn 00000000f0179000, end 0000 000f01f5fff ... OK Starting kernel ... efi_free_pool: illegal free 0x00000000f0f0d04 efi_free_pool: hllegal free 0x00000000f0f0a040 I have another rockpi-4a but with a rockpi4b image (installed by mistake) I was able to copy the file 6.6.32 from this system to my other one (creating the older symlink on /boot) , and I have be able to boo…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.4k views
  65. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    I install armbian on the sd card, then insert it into firefly ROC-RK3328-CC. At the start, it flashes quickly 2 times, makes a small pause and flashes quickly 2 more times. Before that, it worked correctly, but I decided to reinstall the system and got this problem. I tried to install the system from firefly, as a result, only debian 9 worked, but it also worked with problems (at the first launch it reached the desktop, after rebooting and connecting the keyboard and mouse, it did not go beyond tty).

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.1k views
  66. Started by Boia11,

    Hi, I have an Rock64 v2.0 and after update to trunk 24.8.0-trunk.369 to 24.8.0-trunk.399 the OS stop to starting process with this kernel error: U-Boot 2022.07-armbian (Mar 14 2024 - 00:34:55 +0000) Model: Pine64 Rock64 DRAM: 4 GiB PMIC: RK8050 (on=0x40, off=0x00) Core: 229 devices, 25 uclasses, devicetree: separate MMC: mmc@ff500000: 1, mmc@ff520000: 0 Loading Environment from MMC... Card did not respond to voltage select! : -110 *** Warning - No block device, using default environment In: serial@ff130000 Out: serial@ff130000 Err: serial@ff130000 Model: Pine64 Rock64 Net: eth0: ethernet@ff540000 Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0 Card did not…

  67. Hi all, I try to use a SATA/SSD connected via USB instead of a SD Card or eMMC, but it doesnt boot at all. I tried to use U-Boot for Rock64 on SPI: Release 2017.09-rockchip-ayufan-1065-g95f6152134 · ayufan-rock64/linux-u-boot · GitHub (flashed to SD Card and successfully booted on Rock64), but without success. I flashed the same Image to SD Card, eMMC and SSD. Booting from SD Card and eMMC works without problems, SSD is visible from Rock64, correct UUID is written in "armbianEnv.txt" on SSD. But nevertheless - it doesn´t boot. I use the Rock64 for my Home Automation and want to use the SSD because it should be more …

  68. Hi, I'm trying to fully boot an Orange Pi 4 from a USB flash drive from Uboot's prompt before it actually loads the kernel from the SD card (The SD card already has a working image of Armbian installed, that's where the board pulled Uboot from and is booting from it). The SD card currently has Armbian_23.5.1_Orangepi4_jammy_current_6.1.30_gnome_desktop installed on it. The reason why I'm trying to boot the board from USB is that I want to try an image with Orange Pi 4's legacy kernel to be able to take advantage of its vendor Mali blob for performance comparison against the current open source Panfrost driver in mainline kernel. And that I don't ha…

  69. My Orange Pi 4B has gone to community support. After an overheat with a compilation, the ssd dies, and I reflashed to the new community version Armbian_community_24.8.0-trunk.399_Orangepi4_noble_current_6.6.40_gnome-oibaf_desktop Anyway I got no HDMI output so I left it running, and suddenly I got a new device on the network. Since I am going to use it headless it works well for me. Bug 1 No HDMI Expected HDMI output works Actual Result No HDMI output. Bug 2 The second was when I downloaded llvm compiler normal output from clang compiler: (took the whole day yesterday to compile from source without overheating) clang++…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.2k views
  70. Hi. I testing out different images for my DIY NAS project. My plan is to use the Orangepi3b board with armbian bookworm and OMV. I have built images from armbian github, (main,trunk) the edge 6.7.10 kernel is working great. But I do get some Iperf3 retries when sending from Opi3b. From Opi3b 60-70MB/s To Opi3b 110MB/s. With Orangepi own bookworm image I have 110/110 and no retries. The same with Joshua Riek's Ubuntu server image, no retries and 110/110. Orangepi3b armbian with 6.7.10 kernel orangepi@orangepi3b:~$ iperf3 -c 192.168.10.197 -f M Connecting to host 192.168.10.197, port 5201 [ 5] local 192.168.10.155 port 56514 connected to 192.…

  71. Hi all, built an image for the nanopi m4v2 today using this command line from the build folder ./compile.sh BOARD=nanopim4v2 BRANCH=current BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=jammy the build completed successfuly so I flashed it to an sdcard, the problem is is won't boot, I used my newly found skill ( thanks @Werner ) and connected my UART serial TTL cable. The output is rather verbose so apologies up front - does this mean anything to anyone here. The build is the same as I normally do and it's worked fine until today.

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 3.4k views
  72. Orange Pi 5 Pro 16GB Armbian Ubuntu 24.04 XFCE on NVMe (SD card to boot to NVMe) USB 3.0 is not working anymore after install. Was working on OPi OS Ubuntu 22.04 before as I used it to copy Armbian image to NVMe. Logs shows nothing when connecting / removing cable, boot log has no mention about USB 3.0 and no power delivered. Is there some known setting, e.g. USB in OTG mode or something that can do this?

  73. Hi there, I wanted to share with everyone here the final product - a gaming handheld we've designed from scratch in Solidworks. I've been working on this with a fellow Armbian contributor @GinKage for quite some time (probably over a year now... time really does fly) who has helped me learn a lot on the software side, which I wasn't really familiar with before I reached out to him. Despite it's shortcomings, I'm really happy with the v1 build. I hope you guys like it! Open source files can be found here, including CAD files, Armbian build files and more. https://github.com/StonedEdge/Retro-Lite-CM5 Retro Lite CM5: Radxa CM5 Gaming Handh…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 6.8k views
  74. Hi, Today i upgrade to 24.5.3 when apt full-upgrade proposed me to upgrade and return of crash 😞 Tuned rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb L2 hs400 file seen to be update... i copy paste file used with 6.6.32... I replace rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb.org (with 24.5.3) with my rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb post in this forum sha256sum: e90ebceb4b2f213818f320dfc61c90e556e0470702afa4117b0302bffc3d2cce rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb sha256sum: 0eb03b645ab8125a4460d4509df32050188a8bdf2b5065f4321748b4eb6f6b4d rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb.org It's seem to be not crash now... Keep in touch. UPDATE: i confirm, after update to 24.5.3…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  75. Started by MiikaS,

    I didn't know where to put this, but there is no forum for Orange Pi 5 Pro?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.7k views
  76. Hi all, new Rock Pi and as well new armbian user. After reading forum threads on the Rock Pi official forum, it seems possible to get the OS to run around 2W idle. I have installed cpufrequtils without getting any success, still sucks around 4W. Any help to tweak kernel or other activities to get Armbian to get into lower power mode would be appreciated. /Daniel

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  77. Hello, I have a problem, when I enter "sudo apt install zfs-dkms" on my Helios64, I get this error message: "Module build for kernel 6.6.36-current-rockchip64 was skipped because the kernel headers for this kernel do not appear to be installed." I also made sure to install the kernel header in armbian-config and also rebooted. When I type "apt list --installed | grep linux-headers", I get this listing: WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use it with caution in scripts. linux-headers-current-rockchip64/bookworm,now 24.5.1 arm64 [installed] omv7 itself is installed and running. …

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 3.7k views
  78. I have had major problems trying to use spidev on the pine RockPro64 SBC running Armbian_24.2.1_Rockpro64_jammy_current_6.6.16_xfce. I have posted these comments on the pine.org forum also. I think there is a problem with the spidev device in Armbian as it never toggles the CS line. When I controlled the CS line from my software, I could communicate, but the received data was wrong. I have no experience with the device tree, but I suspect an isue therein. To bypass the problem I wrote a bitbang routine and it works fine and gives the correct data. See the attached file for my discussion. usingspi.txt

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  79. Started by MX Wang,

    I downloaded the image of nanopi R6s from the official website[https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-r6s/](https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-r6s/), but it failed to start no matter burning to sd card or emmc. I know a lot of people have this problem, like this page [https://forum.armbian.com/topic/27904-armbian-images-for-r6s-r6c/?do=findComment&comment=164029](https://forum.armbian.com/topic/27904-armbian-images-for-r6s-r6c/?do=findComment&comment=164029) This is the log printed by the serial port: ``` DDR V1.12 52218f4949 cym 23/07/06-19:46:50 LPDDR4X, 2112MHz channel[0] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=16 CS1 Row=16 CS=2 Die BW=16 Size=2048MB channel[1] BW=16 Col=10 Bk…

  80. Hello everyone: I own an Orange Pi 5B 16GB. Today I updated from Armbian 24.2.1 to 24.5.1 stable. This new release includes the 6.1 kernel. When I issue the apt upgrade command I correctly get updated to 24.5.1 version but I am still in kernel 5.10. So, in order to be at kernel 6.1, I use armbian-config. The problem is, after doing this and rebooting, the board no longer boots, I dont' get SSH, anything... Another thing that I updated besides armbian itself where sobre libraries like libv4l or libmpp from @amazingfate, before updating those 6.1 kernel switching worked. Any help in how can I debug (like reading UART port) or solv…

  81. Started by pkfox,

    Hi all, I would like to boot my nanopim4 v2 from a nvme ssd disk if possible - I tried using armbian-install as mentioned on a thread on here and received the error "partition too small" the disk is a 1Tb and has one partition - any ideas ?

  82. Hi, My PC doesn't recognize my tinkerboard S. Would this be a problem with my tinkerboard or my PC setup? The red led is on when I connect the power cable. A USB-C cable connects the tinkerboard to the PC. However, the PC gives no response when the USB-C cable is plugged in nor do I see anything under device manager indicating a COM port connection. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
  83. I think i messed up with armbian-config, namely with 'system' sub section. I noticed that lately the only images that boot are armbian with kernel 6.9.x Nothing, i say nothing with a lower kernel number would boot -- even those SD cards that were good last time i tried them. None of orangepi factory images boot. In and out of itself, it is not a problem. Yet. But what if something changes in a future?

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 3k views
  84. Hi Team, I hope you're all keeping well. I'm into my first foray into armbian, and I'm having trouble just getting it to boot on my Nanopi R6S. Feeling a bit thick, like I'm missing something obvious. I can get FriendlyELEC's rk3588-sd-debian-bookworm-core-6.1-arm64-20240511 to boot without any trouble, but not armbian images. My procedure: Format microSD card with the SD Card Formatter from the SD Association Burn image to SD card with balena etcher Eject microSD reader from my PC Pop microSD into the device and apply power When it boots into the FriendlyELEC image: the SYS lig…

  85. Hi, after upgrading linux-u-boot-rock-3a-current, linux-image-current-rockchip64 and linux-dtb-current-rockchip64 to the 24.2.1 versions, the system losses the network producing kernel errors in dmesg: [ 432.408850] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: IRQ eth_lpi not found [ 432.410880] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: clock input or output? (input). [ 432.410929] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: Can not read property: tx_delay. [ 432.410954] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: set tx_delay to 0x30 [ 432.410983] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: Can not read property: rx_delay. [ 432.411002] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: set rx_delay to 0x10 [ 432…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.6k views
  86. @prahal There are two versions of the bootloader in the repository (edge and current). I just tried the current u-boot from the repository. It works but dmesg outputs seven of the following messages: [ 9.674633] rockchip-i2s ff8a0000.i2s: Could not register PCM This note mentions that such error messages could mean that DMA and sound are missing in the linux kernel, could this be ignored ? P.S.: Those messages are not thrown if the recommended bootloader (linux-u-boot-edge-helios64_22.02.1_arm64) is flashed to emmc.

  87. The mainline 5.11 patch "phy: rockchip: set pulldown for strobe line in dts" https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/8b5c2b45b8f0a11c9072da0f7baf9ee986d3151e (not backported to 5.10.y) seems to have broken most if not all rockchip board EMMC HS400 enhanced strobe support. This probably affects supported rockchip boards (at least rk3399 ones, but probably most). That is boards exhibit: [ 18.985162] mmc1: running CQE recovery [ 18.988056] ------------[ cut here ]------------ [ 18.988500] mmc1: cqhci: spurious TCN for tag 12 and the filesystem ends up corrupted on write attempt. Note that another bug about regulator core DEFER…

  88. Hello, I wanted to install Linux on my TV box but I'm having problems First I tried to put an Android rom that said it was stock But it doesn't boot and the system doesn't start, it was in loader mode and after I did that it went into maskrom mode and it doesn't come out, everything I try to do gives me the download boot fail I don't know what to do to get out of this mode and install something, all the loader files don't work and the ones that say they work, the links are down

  89. I've done quite a bit of searching and can't find anyone else reporting this specific issue. As the title says any 6.8 image I try fails to boot. The LED is red for approx 4 seconds, turns green for 2 or 3 seconds, and then turns red again and stays that way no matter how long I wait. There is never any video regardless of which HDMI port I use. I've tried the following images: Armbian_24.8.0-trunk.85_Orangepi5-plus_noble_edge_6.8.12_gnome-oibaf_desktop.img.xz Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5-plus_noble_edge_6.8.10_gnome-oibaf_desktop.img.xz Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5-plus_noble_edge_6.8.10_xfce_desktop.img.xz Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_edge_6.8.10…

  90. Hi, New builds (hosted by armbian AND self compiled) of armbian do not post / boot at all. Completely black screen on hdmi outpout. Ethernet link lights do not light up. It's like there is no bootable media inserted (it definitely is). I have tried many combinations of different kernels and ubuntu versions. None work. Board: nanopc t6 8gb ram They used to work, and archived copies from november 2023 work, booting perfectly. I also compiled one back then which also worked. But now this is not working any more. Does anyone have idea why it no longer posts? Thanks Luke

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
  91. It seems like the Radxa Rock5B has been downgraded from standard support to community support for the image downloads but not (yet) for the forum. Are the vendor images for the RK3588 and the 6.8.x images the same except for the kernel? (Can I expect to just replace the kernel to switch from the vendor image to the edge image.)

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 8.8k views
  92. I have several orange pi 5B running Armbian Bookworm Cinnamon doing various task and they are working quite well. when i want to check up on a system that was booted without a monitor connected at boot time i get no video output on the HDMI. when reboot with the HDMI connected the HDMI outputs video just fine. Are there any settings i can change so the HDMI will output video if a HDMI monitor is connected it boots with no monitor connected

  93. Configure Orange Pi 5B with Armbian OS so that it displays as a microphone and speaker when connected to a PC via the Type-C port, need to ensure the correct setup of the sound card. When connect Orange Pi 5B to PC via the Type-C port, it should now recognize the Orange Pi as a microphone and speaker. Please provide detail guide and suggest to achieve this setup

  94. I installed the armbian image on an SD card and it runs fine. Now I would like to run it from the EMMC for long term reliability. i tried following what Dara Ó hEidhin did in this thread but am not successful For some reason google drive is not letting me download the driver assistant so RKdrivetool doesn't see the orange pi board like the video referenced in the thread so i cant flash it that way. I tried running it from the SD card and editing the armbianEnv.txt in the /boot folder from fdtfile=rockchip/rk3588s-orangepi-5b.dts to fdtfile=rockchip/rk3588s-orangepi-5b.dts and am able to see the EMMC drive. then i try a s…

  95. Hi, First of all I am posting in Rockpro64 section because I am not seeing one for Rock64 What I need is like the title says: use OTG USB port as regular USB 2.0 port (so I can connect another device). Currently I need the 2 USB 2.0 ports (USB 3.0 is already being used with a external disk). Is this possible? OS version: Armbian 24.2.1 Jammy - Linux 6.6.16-current-rockchip64 Thanks in advance.

  96. IT'S FINALLY HERE... THE OFFICIAL ROCKCHIP-LEGACY MULTIMEDIA INTEGRATION After two years of using a separate script to enable the multimedia features in RK3399 Legacy Kernel, the whole framework has been incorporated to the official Armbian packaging system. The choice distro for this integration is Debian Buster (see FAQ at the end of this post about the reasons). I. Installation Download a Armbian Buster Legacy Desktop image for your board, and install it with the standard Armbian method. Install the complete multimedia solution with sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade sudo apt install media-buster-legacy-rk33…

  97. I'm trying to enable i2c3 on my orange pi 5b, according to the user manual, i2c is disabled on the 26 header pins by default, and to enable them, you need to edit the /boot/orangepiEnv.txt file, however, my orange pi doesn't have that file. I tried creating a new file and copying the required instructions, then restarted linux, but it still didn't work. Has anyone encountered a similar issue or does anyone know how to resolve this?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3k views
  98. Hi Community, i was upgrading from kernel 5.10.160 to the new 6.8.2-edge for Rock Pi 5b / rk3588. Now i missing many DTB overlays 😞 which where aviable in 5.10.160 I need UART3_M1, UART7_M1 What is with Kernel 6.8.2 the right way to export GPIOs and set there direction ? This does not work longer cd /sys/class/gpio echo 157 > export Thanks a lot for your help 🙂

    • Reputation Points

    • 12 replies
    • 8.1k views
  99. i am trying to enable touch for the 8 inch display on your build, the display is from radxa, and after enabling the hadware configuration and enabling rock-5a-radxa-display-8hd from the menu, the display is working perfectly, but the touch isnt working, i was searching the official build for the touch related sources, the touch is controlled by godot GT911 driver IC, its using i2c for touch, https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=284882 how do i get this to work on your image? attached are images on radxa images for rock 5a

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.4k views
  100. Hi guys, I still have two 21.5-inch tablets here, on which I would like to install Armbian. The mainboard is a Sunchip AD-Z33 V1.1 with an RK3288 on board. The board has 2GB RAM and 8 GB flash memory. However, it also has an LVDS slot to which the touchdisplay is connected. Here you can see the equipment in detail: https://www.embeddedsystemboard.com/sale-11364924-rk3288-industrial-arm-board-multi-function-linux-os-i2c-interface-touch-screen.html Do you think that Armbian runs on it and that the functions are still available? Or maybe an RK3288 ArmbianTV box version could run on this as an alternative?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.